Speaker 1: Yeah, I just realized that forgot to print these three things.
Speaker 2: Well, you print at your house.
Speaker 1: This guy's got a printer, maybe out of ink. Printers are a fucking scam. Man.
Speaker 2: I had one, and I'm a fan of it. But I printed like one version of my book and I was like, oh no, I give it up.
Speaker 1: That's the message that shows up, just a little.
Speaker 2: Monk scream painting like emoji.
Speaker 1: It's like ship, but the printer, They're like, go ahead, take it. Five dollars, we'll pay you. You can have a free printer. Changing. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm changed by overrated. Overrated is now going to be printers. Except for brother. Printers are pretty good, but.
Speaker 1: It's all part of the same still a part of the industrial. Ink is crazy expensive.
Speaker 2: Even when you're buying it. It's like, no, your ship doesn't need toner, and I'm like surprise, Like, bitch, it just fucking does somehow.
Speaker 3: Oh you have a printer toner level printer.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm scared.
Speaker 3: Jack and I are out here buying like loose packs of Cyan.
Speaker 1: Yeah too, get that, Lucy. I love that Lucy Serious, got Lucy Science and Lucy Magent. Hello the Internet and welcome to Season three eighty four, episode five of Didys Guys? Is that a crow that just flew through the studio. It's a production of iHeart Radio. It's a podcast where you take a deep dab into America, share consciousness. And it is Friday, April eighteenth, twenty twenty five. Good Friday, the best, the best Friday of all time. My name is Jack O'Brien, aka your pizzock, your penis elbowed at the weenness, O'Brien pissery, denying so fergish poden human talkin at you, shows up on a trend and hissc his vacation's pastures. You could never dab up the wood rice flat or not piss lyon Bassard witnesses done seen how it haffered. Uh shame on O'Brien, Who's Vaca's world's like a mayan that Wu tang aka courtesy of Halsion Salad Boo. My vacation does indeed end? Were worlds like a mine. Every time I go away, the world does not know how to act.
Speaker 2: I think you just got nominated for a Grammy.
Speaker 1: It's a it's new It's like a version of bumble rap where you like just fumble. It's called fumble rap where you just love various lines.
Speaker 2: Bob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lacaroni kicked it off in the discord by calling me the the pizza the penis instead of the jis. A genius. I'm glad I didn't go down colementary school with you guys. You would have anyways, I am thrilled to be joined in my second seat by a very talented writer and stand up comedian who co hosts, among other things, the very great ninety Day Fiance podcast four twenty Day Fiance with some guy named Miles. Welcome back to the show. My co host's co host who today is my co host. It's the hilarious and talented Sophia Alexandra.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I'm really happy to be here. And you know, the co host of my co host is my co host. I think we all know that beautiful saying.
Speaker 1: The wonderful thing Yeah just rolls off the tongue. Soia, it's so great to have you here on here. Sparkling new Champagne laptop Crystal Clear video coming through. Sorry sorry, I don't yeah too much of a flex. It's it's a laptop that has had champagne spilled on it. That's what I meant to say. Yeah, that's real, Sophia. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat once again by a writer who is one of the best podcast hosts and executive producers doing it. You know him from stuff they don't want you to know, ridiculous history missing in Arizona. You got Ben Bowling. It's Ben Bowling.
Speaker 3: Boo boom boom uh aka Doctor Awkward aka Corvid Bay aka Jack couldn't find anyone else for this episode.
Speaker 1: Uh what a what a privilege? What a hey? Man?
Speaker 2: Don't you ever speak about my new friend Ben.
Speaker 1: Bowling like that? Okay, right, so I don't book this ship. Shout out to Victor.
Speaker 3: Victor also a quick story with big thanks to our production team. One time, Jackie recall this. I texted you with some emotional stuff and you said you gave me some great advice and insight. And then he said, also next time, just like talk to me through management.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you go through my people for I don't care how personal it is. You got to talk to my people first. Man, All right, what this is? What do you think do you think I don't live in Hollywood, man, Come on, you talk to my people and try to schedule a lunch that never happens. All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I texted Miles as well, and I was like, is the fame getting to Jack? And then at like three in the morning local time, Miles just texted me capital ye guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah really, because I thought he would have replied, who is this Smiles? Really well, big dick, you.
Speaker 3: Like Sophia, I bugged these guys way too often. But it's, uh, it's awesome to hang out in the show. And actually I was bragging about Daily Zeguest a little while ago, uh, with the idea of focusing on mundanity, whichy came, Yeah, it's a thing, you, It's a thing Jack actually said when I was on the show earlier and in various episodes, and uh, you know, I I think it's it's nice to come up for some air and just get back to like.
Speaker 1: We need it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The America's Home videos of Experience, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I just saw a good one where like a group of friends with on a subway and it was like it was more like a commuter rail, but like the challenge was their friend got off at a stop and had to run and beat the train to the next stop. And I watched that whole thing despite the fact that nothing happens except seeing a guy run down the street and be out of breath.
Speaker 2: But You've reached a new level of dad, and I'm glad to do.
Speaker 1: It's just like, yeah, like anything, any mundane challenge, I'm here for it. Like the the original one that got me excited about this was people trying to bake chocolate chip cookies with just those trash grabber things so they couldn't use their hand, like trash grabber things, do you know those like that you have a trigger in your hand and then there's like two little pincher things at the end that people this is only.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not American, it might.
Speaker 1: Be, or it might be because you never had to do a community service as a as a juvenile delinquent. They are they Yeah, old people use it to just like get stuff off the top shelf without bending down. Yeah you mean like a grabber, but yeah, yeah, that's mainly where I see it is. Oh, I only see people using it to like grab stuff stuff shelf, So a top shelf grabber.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, I did not know they had other.
Speaker 1: Uses different places we are in life. I'm out in the in these streets watching people pick up trash that I just dropped, and your top shelf, you're living that top shelf life.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that really quickly. If you enjoy mundanity and just like, you know, real wholesome stuff that is like completely low stakes. My one of my favorite subreddits is benign Existence Nice, and it's just people posting really like every day benign things that are just so like precious, Like oh, I talked to this kid and he said, this thing just so steaks yes, or getting it's so sweet, or getting the same present for your partner as they got for you, or whatever, just so sweet. If you want your soul to rest a little bit, benign existence, man.
Speaker 1: I select my wife's daily coffee cup based on her perceived mood. Actually, that could get you in a little trouble. I don't know that is if you're like bitch.
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on the selection of your cups, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: The cup catalog, I can't wait to hear the discord. They're all just like passive aggressive.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I mean the cup of Logue anyway.
Speaker 3: A couple nailed Yes, sorry, nailed it.
Speaker 1: And I'm done. All right, Ben, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we are going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. It's good times for science. The measles is breaking out, RFK is doing. He got a lot of credit for from the mainstream media for being like vaccines are a thing that can work.
Speaker 2: They were like, yeah, he's is possible.
Speaker 1: Look at this guy with his low shelf grabber, you know what I mean. Anyways, he is like he's still supporting the guy who made the plandemic documentary, and that guy's still influential in his ministration. So we'll talk We'll talk about some some of the beliefs that are still circulated around the RFK group thing, and we'll talk about also. At the Oscars for Science seth Rogen presented an a word to a theoretical physicist and said some things that shouldn't be controversial with scientists, but got cut out of the broadcast on.
Speaker 2: A second though, was the physicist really there? Though?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was like oh theoretic, yeah, was not physical, only theoretical, but we'll just talk about a couple of people bending the knee a little bit lately in a way.
Speaker 2: That's the maybe, yeah, a little bit of a little bit of segment.
Speaker 1: We're calling Complicity Huffman, and we'll check in with some grifting. Also in a segment we're calling Ken Grifty Senior. For some reason, you guys are knocking to out of the way. Yeah, so Ken Grifty, Ken Griffy Senior is the father of a much more famous Ken Griffy Junior. But we named it after Ken Griffy Sor for some reason. No, we should have named it after the Sun. I don't know why we did that. Well, we're live too late now anyways, all that anymore, But first, Ben Bolin, we like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Sure?
Speaker 3: Chris crofton home address, Chris crofton social Security number, Chris crofton blood type, Chris crofton list of childhood fears.
Speaker 1: Okay, no further questions. Your honor underrated.
Speaker 3: I mess around a little. I have not FBI and no offense, Sophia, because I saw you make that phone call earlier.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 3: Right, I have not researched our dear colleagues life in that depth. Would love to hear on the discourse that stuff. The thing I got really into quite recently was.
Speaker 1: Gosh, this is.
Speaker 3: Gonna sound it sounds so nerdy, or it's not even nerdy, it's just sort of old. I got back into like mid nineteen eighties music reviews of Tom Waits, and you didn't.
Speaker 1: Get back into mid nineteen eighties Tom Waits music. Yeah, you review the guy made the music again, No further questions, You're on it.
Speaker 2: That's sorry, your honor may I approached? Do you have quite a few questions? What drew you specifically to it being Tom Waits.
Speaker 1: Objection over world?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, the main thing is I missed a concert that guy was going to do a few years ago, and he's no.
Speaker 1: Tom Waits or one of the people who reviewed.
Speaker 3: Excellent question Jack will allow it. One of the people who reviewed Tom Waits, so they would go to the Fox Theater and Georgia and just read their reviews aloud.
Speaker 1: Tom Waits is sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to clap for the guy who's clapping for the guy. Yeah, it drew me back because I watched I recently rewatched a film called wrist.
Speaker 2: Cutters, which is comedy obviously.
Speaker 3: Risk Cutters colon a love story and and uh it's uh it got me on. You know, I wish I was cool enough to smoke weed that would make this story make more sense. But I was just up late at night and I was thinking, what else has Tom Waits done aside from music.
Speaker 2: Jim Jarmusch movies.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, down by Law I love him and Down by Law. Yeah, he's got the voice for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean he screamed into a pillow until he got that voice that real when he was little, Yeah, he was. He was like my voice. I wanted to sound raspy and good. So he just kept screaming into a pillow until he got.
Speaker 1: There adjusted as a person. I don't know if that's cool or really terrifying, Just like a seven year old skimming into a pillow and then like turning around me like.
Speaker 2: What he's like never getting carded?
Speaker 3: He's hat right, Like what do your parents do at that point?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Or is there a solution to like are they going maybe we should buy a different, less uh screamable pillow.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean, how would they hear him, Ben, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's in pillow. Nobody can hear you scream? That's true catchphrase.
Speaker 2: That's right, I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's so.
Speaker 3: That's a little bit of search history.
Speaker 1: Got it? Something? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Really quick? Is Chris Crofton the Brittany guy?
Speaker 1: Chris Crafton is one of our famed guests on the.
Speaker 2: The comedian, sorry trap the comedian?
Speaker 3: Who is the Yeah, I do hear Chris is going to get into comedy at some point.
Speaker 1: Just like damn you've been Ben Bowlditch. They call them bowling.
Speaker 2: Seriously, who is the one that is the leave Britney lone guy? Oh isn't that a Christian? Oh no, that's a different christ.
Speaker 3: There's a Britney Spears that's a real up and coming musician.
Speaker 2: I've heard of her. I think it's pronounced spires Crocker. Okay, I'm not insane, all right? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated? Ben? Well?
Speaker 3: Jake?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Weirdly specific words in English? Right, Sophia, you're earlier mentioned you said, Hey, maybe this is a thing for you guys being weird because I'm not from the States. Uh, I think we all can and as you are both quite talented, quite talented with the gift of gab. I think we can all appreciate that the English language is not unique in its cartoonish amount of words, but it is like in the top three of languages that have words with zero reason to use them.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: When's the last time you were hanging out with someone and you were like, you're being a little bit saturnine, you know, or like there are.
Speaker 2: People hey is that don't make me feel bad about myself?
Speaker 3: Well, you're smarter than most people. It's different for you.
Speaker 2: So now I'm full of emotions, ben.
Speaker 3: So, I think it'd be interesting to explore some weird words, or some weirdly specific words and figure out whether we or any members of the Zeit gang can pull them off and act actual conversation.
Speaker 1: Do you know the word leonine?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: That was that came up like twice in a single day for me, and I'd never heard it before.
Speaker 2: That what does it mean?
Speaker 1: It's like resembling a lion or lion like, well, that.
Speaker 2: Seems kind of like easy, how come like like anthropy is wolves? I know, it's like that does not sound like wolf at all.
Speaker 1: I kind of like the word. Leonin's feel to it. There's uh lionized, which is lionised I've heard, Oh that's the reasonable one. You're like.
Speaker 2: Been lionized whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one caught on. But Leonine has just been waiting in the wings, ready to fucking.
Speaker 2: It sounds kind of sex step.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that is, but it is.
Speaker 1: It is like that is objectively true that that word. It is oozing sex.
Speaker 2: There's sounds like slick and like yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the big cat.
Speaker 2: We're all feeling it. We're like, okay, are good cat?
Speaker 1: Saying something is lying like I wouldn't be like that thing fucks, but saying something sure, damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got some it's got some ask to it for sure. Hey, everybody who's dating online, you're welcome. We just massively escalated your profile, Leonine. Yeah, just like that's that word, no explanation.
Speaker 2: It's like what word would your friends used to describe you? You just drop le and I and you slide out her there and all the fucking wet trails of the pussy you're getting slipping.
Speaker 1: The slide out of the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah to them, Leonid's a great example yeah, these are These are great examples, oldest, give me your favorite, my favorite weird word, weird weirdly specific word. I can't give away all the secrets there there are. You know, there are a ton of words that are self contradictory. I think there's a famous thing for that. Like, you know, to peruse means both to scrutinize and to scroll through briefly. I also, just for the love of the game, one unnecessary word that I quite enjoy is octivigation. All doctivigation, octivigation octivigation. Uh, all right here, I am without a type.
Speaker 2: But is there a K in front? Is what I want to know?
Speaker 4: N O C T I V A T I O And I want to say, Okay, no, that's not what I was picturing. Okay, it's not a school's what you're picturing. But it just means to walk around at night, to noctivigate.
Speaker 2: I love it because it's like nocturnal. That's why it's like that.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. The word makes sense. I like that. I misspelled it. Justin I misspelled it.
Speaker 4: Uh. It's n O C T I V A G A T e.
Speaker 1: Uh. The other coming to save your ass man, The better version is noctivigant. Justin edit out the correction.
Speaker 2: Justin playing slow motion the part where he misspells it.
Speaker 3: Cool, Yeah, yeah, do that. So if you doctivigate, you walk around it. If you are noctif and a noctivigan like a noun, you are a person who walks around at night.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, man, that's.
Speaker 2: A dope word, and I think it's highly necessary. But let me let me put this to you. Why the fuck is their caregiver and caretaker they mean the same thing, but giving and taking is opposite.
Speaker 1: Damn you. Why do you drive on the parkway and parking the driver?
Speaker 2: I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 1: Deal with that.
Speaker 2: Black and white people drive differently.
Speaker 1: You ever notice women? Uh? Women? You ever notice women?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Back back in my cracked days, we did an article about foreign words that are like very specific and super dark, and that's my ship. There's a word, uh in German geist your fower or fash fower, which means a person who deliberately drives into oncoming traffic.
Speaker 2: There's a word for it, a phenomenon.
Speaker 1: His means ghost driver. Somebody like a very specific way to this is disturbing.
Speaker 2: How is this habit?
Speaker 1: And soia. The one that we talked about in uh from Russian was corrova, which translates to cow, but in a certain context, it's a guy you take along on a prison break so you can eat him later. Those yeah, they had they called people cows like okay, found my cow, and then they would do a prison break, uh and what once they were halfway across the tundra, they would eat the person that was That was what they anyways.
Speaker 2: So would you have to be suspicious if you're like festively plump and someone's I'm breaking out.
Speaker 1: I want everybody's like so horny to be my friend. Yeah, do a prison break with me. I suck at prison breaks, guys.
Speaker 3: You know I can't run because I'm you know, I'm a big But they're like, no, you got this, Yeah, eat a part of the plant that is frightening. In both of those cases, how often does a phenomenon have to occur before someone says, you know what, let's save time. Let's make one fucking word for this exactly.
Speaker 1: I think there was also one from that list where that translated to person who gives birth while standing up like a soldier. Yeah, standing up and like birth soldier.
Speaker 2: That's what I would call him. I'm like, damn, that person a soldier.
Speaker 1: Anyways, a lot of fun, a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I love guys, you guys love them so much.
Speaker 1: Ben, what some of these thinks over in toes toes?
Speaker 2: Uh huh. It's the lack of hesitation for me, because I just you know.
Speaker 3: I was, I was looking my own earlier and I was like, I have Bill's what the fuck are you guys contributing? Like, I know, the big toe in the human is necessary, the big toes in the humans are necessary for balance and stuff like that. Shout out mad boosties. But you'll, yeah, you'll look at you know, we talked about toesies and fingis, as Jack once said, not too holy.
Speaker 2: I also call him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just anyway, Well, Sophia, one of Jack's many street names is Fingy's O'Brien.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry I had to learn that on air. Yeah. Nice, super into it, uh it along?
Speaker 2: He love stealing, so we No.
Speaker 3: I was just, you know, I know, people like fetishize any part of the human body or whatever. There's someone listening right now who is like, oh fuck, is this the episode where they get to elbows? It's not bro, it's probably not, but but to trends. Yes, But anyway, you know, I've always had a difficult time calling stuff overrated because it's cool to like believe in people, even if they're Quentin Tarantino. But the thing is that I just don't understand the function of most of the toes. Our main overrated that we were talking about a little bit earlier that we can all agree with is this is the moment where Sophia, you and I gang up on on good old fingis O'Brien. This guy owns a printer, like on purpose, you have a printer one percenter one person printers that will worry. Yeah, printers overrated, Yeah, printers.
Speaker 2: Over Why is there never a solution where they just keep printing? Like why is it that I always have homework which I bought you for one purpose to print? Now I have to buy friends for you? Like that's how I feel. It's like offensive to me.
Speaker 1: It's like babies. They'll let you have them for free, but they don't tell you how much they're gonna cost. You know, they're not great feeding them.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep Yeah, you got to act like their ideas are interesting when they're around like four, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're freeing your fingies, O'Brien over there.
Speaker 2: I just feel like they're like air pods, you know what I mean. It's like, oh, now I have fucking homework to go with my headphones.
Speaker 1: Like why are we printers? Children?
Speaker 2: Printers?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Children? Question mark for me?
Speaker 1: I don't know. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about OURFK and we're back, and we're back any kind of fool could see. You can't stop saying that when we come back from things now for some reason. Anyways, we do have RFK Junior as the death Czar and health czar, and we've seen quite the boom in anti vax grifter activity since measles is now a thing that we have to worry about, people aligned with RFK are trying their best to obscure the threat of measles and simultaneously profit off of the fear of parents who refuse to use vaccines.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So last week, the guy behind the Plan documentary had a webinar along with Children's Health Defense, which is an organization that RFK Junior founded, and on that webinar he made the claim that measles actually, and I don't know if you guys knew this, it's actually a bioweapon and that's why shit is out of hand in West Texas. So yeah, like you guys probably thought it was an illness that was happening to these families because they haven't vaccinated their children. But to quote him from the webinar, my belief after interviewing these families is that this has been manipulated and targeted toward a community that is a threat because of their natural way of living. Can you call it what it is and that is a bio weapon?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I hate when podcasts say this ordinarily, but pause natural way of living is?
Speaker 1: Do you hate it when they do that because it's confusing and you pause the podcast? Wait they said the pause? Yeah, yeah, Like I I.
Speaker 3: Think we're all, you know, on the same page together here in that getting measles is not the ideal, you know, Tuesday or whatever, right, Like I.
Speaker 1: Can probably fit it in on Wednesday, but definitely not Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's more like you got to talk about after noon vibe, but like I can't come in right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, morning measles means you have a problem. Save measles for like after five.
Speaker 2: Get some fucking.
Speaker 3: This is fucking scary though, and part of my my blue language there because we've I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to I can't, I can't detailed notes about it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm still in court podcast court pause.
Speaker 1: All right, so the can we unpause? We can't over get overall overalled. But yeah, if you remember last week, the media was breathlessly claiming that RFK Junior had come around on vaccines because he said the words measles can be prevented by the MMR vaccine. And then the media was like, and then we stopped listening, so we didn't hear what he said after that, but he They left out the part where he turned around a few hours after that statement and celebrated the healers that were helping kids in the Mennonite community. One of those healers is Richard Bartlett, the guy who was doing this, hosting this webinar.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought he's the guy that makes pairs.
Speaker 1: He's earlier, the Bartlett family their am I yeah, correct, the pair entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: Sorry for this current events prepare thingies.
Speaker 1: He used the webinar to also sell and this is really like next level grifting this probably should be in the Ken GRIFTI Singer segment, but he is selling AI powered snake oil as part of a Measles protocol quote, along with mouthwash supplemental oxygen, and a few other items. The Measles Protocol includes Rebel Lions own Fierce Immunity Capsules, which cost fifty dollars for a single bottle and contain a blend of five supplements available off the shelf that the company claims have been formulated with a supposed AI technology known as swarm Intelligence. Oh my god, this is so nine.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that unpopular opinion. But those motherfuckers, if they're going to be doing dumb shit, are gonna have fresh breath while doing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's probably mouthwash that makes your breath smell like shit.
Speaker 2: To be honest, No, why are you ruining the one good thing about this?
Speaker 1: They're like, you gotta do like a rint with something that smells like vinegar or something.
Speaker 3: Now, AI is a is a pretty controversial thing at the moment, often misunderstood. In fact, I fundamentally disagree with the phrase artificial intelligence. I think it's often misused. We're really talking about large language models or algorithms. But Jack, as you found, there is a difference here for the swarm intelligence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unlike regular AI. His technology is the natural form of intelligence. That's the way our brain works, that's the way our body works.
Speaker 2: All organic AI is it fucking cage free, free range.
Speaker 1: It's free range, cage free AI intelligence and hallucinate because everything we are doing is based on reality, based on the real evidence. It's like real. It reminds me of like a Tim Robinson like character. It's a form of intelligence. That's the where our brain works, that's where our body works.
Speaker 2: I can totally picture that. And also, I just think it's weird to be like it's a bioweapon when like, yeah, it is. If no one is vaccinated, yea, you are literally making it into a bioweapon. So that's a really confusing accusation to make. It's being like, hey, guys, I've made this lethal to children and then being like you know what's crazy. This thing is lethal to children, and it's like, no, you didn't vaccinate. We already solved this problem. It's the MMR vaccine. It's been solved. You don't need to come through being like oh now it's mouthwashed and bleach and like clicking my heels three times and getting a.
Speaker 1: Per Like, No, I hope perm is one of the things. Yeah, that's what the side effects. Everybody needs perms to fight neasles.
Speaker 3: Oh uh uh yeah, hot dog costume. We're all trying to find the guys who did that.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs to be looking like Art Garfunkle. If there, it's the only ones free. The future is now all right. We do have to move on to complicity, Huffman. That and this does tie into science and U are RFK Junior, because there is something called the breakthrough rewards that are considered the Oscars for Science and Seth Rogan, but you know, I think they try and have some entertainers there to like kind of make it underline that idea of like the Oscars for science, this is like the glitz and glam.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love Seth Rogen Yeah, I like.
Speaker 1: Him too, and I like him even more after this story. Because so this being a room full of scientists being rewarded for breakthroughs and like progressing human knowledge and understanding of the universe, you might think that this would be a place for some commiseration on the blatantly anti scientific values that have overtaken the US government and that are kind of on the march around the world. And then you look at who funds the awards, you start to realize that nowhere is safe. Nowhere that the long fingies of capitalism touch is actually safe. The event that quote, the event which was attended by Jeff Bezos and the founding sponsors Mark Zuckerberg and Sir j Brinny Brin so Seth Rogen thought it was worth noting the irony of an award honoring science sponsored and attended by the very oligarchs who are most responsible or at least partially responsible for dismantling scientific values in the United States. So his speech, but it's amazing that others in this room over underwrote electing a man who in the last week single handedly destroyed all of American science. It's amazing. It's amazing how much good science you can destroy with three hundred and twenty million dollars in RFK Junior, very fast, get it, fucking dog. Yeah. I am assuming that got like a pretty good pop from the actual scientists in the room. And I'm going to be forced to just assume that because whoever edited the award show for broadcasts, thought that irony was less worth noting and cut his comments. In the version those broadcasts, Rogan just starts talking about the person they're honoring. I'm assuming they just like have a picture of him that they just like move out to the podium, and then he just starts like a fucking where'd Smoochie go? Smoochie went back to his home planet.
Speaker 3: That's that's a position where what do we say, or what we used to say, only a cat can stare.
Speaker 1: At a king.
Speaker 3: I can't believe they edited that part out. That's probably the part that meant the fucking most to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, even more frustrating is and this just like seems like it's the way things operate right now. The people who make the show or who like the behind the show just made a statement to the Hollywood Reporter that said the cuts to the YouTube broadcasts were made because of time constraints. It's just like, yeah, I don't know, I just feel like this slide into authoritarian oligarchy and fascism, Like we have we just have so much experience now at this point, just having marketing and all the various forces of capitalism, and like the market just tell us blatant lies with like just careful wording and you know, message discipline, that the entire thing is just happening in like very polite language by polite people, you know, or.
Speaker 2: You know, just straight up lies being like oh the zero to nine Supreme Court decision, No it was for you for me, the zero wasn't for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the administration itself doesn't give a fuck. They're gonna just tell blatant lies and like not even try and make them sound real. But I just feel like the lies that these organizations are telling themselves are like they're they're just like, yeah, whatever, I don't know, man, just say like it was time constraints or whatever.
Speaker 3: How scary is it that Orwellian doublethink has become cliche? And yeah, you know it's Orwellian doublethink is like too much work. Like they're just like, no, just tell the easiest lie, Like we don't have to create new language for just fucking use like highly you have, like you know, the marketing industry. Like I always think about the fact that like the most educated people graduating from like colleges every year are going into rooms where they like come up with the best language to lie to people like that's what our world is. And yeah, I mean it's just it's been stacked up again against everybody for so long that we like don't even notice, Like we're just all all of the you know, our immune system is down, like we just like don't even.
Speaker 2: As someone that grew up in the Soviet Union, you know, I can tell you that this is like a really familiar Yeah, and it is especially like I was thinking about a dis in connection to the White House Correspondence dinner thing that I think we might talk about later, right, yeah, Amber Ruffian. Yeah, But just the idea that everything changes to where it's essentially like, you know, people after Stalin spoke would clap for like twenty minutes straight because you never wanted to be the first one to stop. Yeah, because you were afraid.
Speaker 1: And now we do that for movies at times.
Speaker 2: So no, but just the idea that like you can completely warp what people actually think about a thing based on all of this other stuff. So it's like you want to warp the idea of Oh, Seth Rogan was at this thing and he fully approves it, Like you're putting out a YouTube thing that is actually like based on a false premise that Seth Rogan, I guarantee you would not have said yes to this shit if he knew that they were going to cut his speech like that. So now, as far as history is concerned, hey, Seth Rogan, was that the Jeff Bezos and Sid gay Brin thing, and he fight fully supports it, right, I think is very to me like Soviet Union manipulation. Take out this little part and now the history has totally changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the fact that he was completely erased from any pictures that they evactually that's that was actually done to conserve to printer inc We actually needed to like I don't know if you guys know how expensive that ship is. So we just also credit where do Joseph Stalin very much, very much a good also pioneer in the world of photoshop weaponized really truly like one of one of our first He would just erase people by hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was really an old school kind of Oh god, it's it's also it's a terrible and an impactful point.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The what we're what we're saying here, folks, is that we need to attention to how quickly things can road like how quickly unnormal things can be normalized, right, yeah, now, And.
Speaker 1: We just have so much experience just being like, no, it's done for time constraints. I've had to tell that lie before that like edits were made because of time constraints when it was actually like no, that just like didn't work. Yeah, I was there, thanks, Yeah, it was Ben's whole thing at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 2: I remember that five minute episode I was on, but it you know, it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's let's get into the Amber Ruffin things because it kind of flew under the radar. But a couple weeks ago, I mean like a month ago, was announced Amber Ruffin was going to host the White House Correspondence Dinner, which is a super funny comedian used to have a podcast on our network, but show Late night host which really.
Speaker 2: Super funny stand up and incredible fashion.
Speaker 1: And so she had said on a podcast that her roasting duties like wouldn't necessarily be even handed and would focus on the administration and office like you know, every single White House Correspondent Center ever but the explanation, so she she was removed a couple of weeks ago and after like one of the you know, partisan mega people in the Trump administration. Was like, Jay's like, look at this, She's admitting it's not going to be even handed, Like she this is a disgrace. But I just want to read the explanation from the president of the White House Correspondence Association, who is like from Politico, you know, so presumably thinks of himself as a you know, I call balls and strikes just right down the middle maker umpire. Yes, yeah, he said that it's not because Trump mad. It's actually the reason they removed her is because it was like part of his He kind of had like a vision for this dinner, had a vision board. Yeah. Yeah, Eugene, White House Correspondence Association.
Speaker 2: Sarry, are you a fourteen year old girl planning your wedding?
Speaker 1: What? Eugene Daniels said his group wanted to refocus the Ritzy annual event on journalistic excellence and wouldn't have a comedian, he said in his statement, he said he'd been planning for a couple of weeks to reimagine the dinner tradition for a couple of weeks. I want to ensure the focus is not on the politics of division, but entirely on awarding our colleagues for their outstanding work and providing scholarship and mentorship to the new generation of journalists. What it's He's just yeah, it's I like, I feel like this one he might actually believe this himself, that that's why he's doing this. But it's again, it's somebody who a stensive like tells themselves like, I'm a good I'm not for what Trump is for, but is just doing the thing to, you know, be complicit, but like not have to admit to himself or to anybody else that he's complicit by being like, actually, it's like more about wanting to focus on excellence as opposed to the politics of division. It's like, go truly go for yourself. Yeah, my arm is not long enough for the jerk offhand motion.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was doing that in my head the entire time.
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, the thing about it is like, at the most basic level, it's like showing up to your own roast and being like whoa, whoa, whoa. So you're saying you're gonna make fun of me, mostly right, I think it should be even handed between me and the other people on the dais and like all the audience because like that seems really unfair. It's like, motherfucker, that's the point of the roast. Yeah, that's what the White House Correspondents Dinner is. And the whole thing about being roasted and being good natured about it is you were in power, so the least you can do is take a couple of hajas. Okay, and the fact that you're so soft that you couldn't let this happen. I'm like, this is so embarrassing. And then you're like out here being like, you guys are snowflakes. Yes, you can't literally can't take a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't have. The last time that they didn't have a comedian at the White House Correspondence Dinner was in twenty nineteen, when Trump was in office the first time around. So uh yeah, seems like they're a little thin skin, did guys? The fires Club roast should really be about excellence in friaredom Yeah, excellent. What are the who has the best fries? Yeah, we're talking about pretty much. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk Ken Grifty Singer and we're back and move over baseball, because grifting is the number one activity in America. I had to get that line into justify naming the segment after a baseball player, America.
Speaker 2: You've been delvied.
Speaker 1: But all right, so an amuse boosh up. First, just an update on a past grifting story. Shocking, literally no one in the entire world. Fire Festival Too is not happening. What Sophia and I have paid so much already?
Speaker 2: I know then we got the one million dollar ticket we did. Did you know that that that was a package Jack the finkies me for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've been saving up a lot of money over on this end, trying to get ready for Firefest Too. It's so all right. The good news is they're saying it's not at the highly unrealistic date and time that they had announced initially. You may remember that people contacted the official the officialdom of the island where this was supposedly going to take place, and we're like, hey, like, where are you guys on all this? And they were like, we have not heard the first word from these people.
Speaker 2: They really did Mariah Carey?
Speaker 1: They were like, yes, I don't know her truly, do not know her?
Speaker 2: Firefest too, don't.
Speaker 1: I will say, And this is kind of surprising the people dumb enough to buy tickets like us from a convicted fraudster actually seemed to be getting their money back right now. Despite warnings of a quote final sale on the on the tickets, the ticketing partner sold out. Dot Com has already been issuing refunds, according to a Washington Post reporter who bought a ticket. But maybe they're just getting it back to the Washington Post reporter.
Speaker 2: But thinkies are Ben and I still getting our cabana.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys can go there and get a cabana. It is going to be a roll of paper towels that somebody has glued to a tree, and then you can take care of the rest. You can like stretch it over to another one so that you get coverage from the sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all sounds amazing. Yeah, all fairness. They did not give us a photograph of the cabana. We were just very on board with. You know, it's like a dream, big thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, we just like the word cabana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're thinking of turning it into a verb, like.
Speaker 1: It is a little right how ban always does it phonetically Spanish or it's like cabama you guys have Sorry, do you guys have our Obama?
Speaker 2: It's like when Miles comes back from Italy. Miss Italians, I know.
Speaker 1: What you must understand. Have you not been to Italy? Oh? You must, simply must you simply must? Is the best? All right?
Speaker 3: So how do people recover from this tremendous cultural loss.
Speaker 1: Maybe start making some reservations at a nice little spa that I have available for you guys on the waterfront in Toronto, Toronto, Toronto. Yeah, this is our writer, jam put us onto this so Ontario. Ontario Place. I don't know how. Ontario Place was a waterfront amusement park located in toront I know that opened in the seventies, featured rides, Amazed, the first ever permanent Imax theater. According to JM it was fucking awesome. And that is that's too good for any city run by capitalism to let last. And so all those attractions closed in twenty twelve. And now we got fraudster like from the family of Rob Ford, who you might remember, the Canadian politician work. Yeah, oh man, just so like caught smoking crack on camera, I believe, right, And he's a real Kaufman type, Yes, yes, a performance artist. You love to see corruption artist. Well, his brother is now so like the Nepo brother of a famously corrupt politician is now running Toronto in many ways, and he has like set up this deal to repurpose that waterfront area to become a massive spot spot.
Speaker 2: He has given it sounds like that one Season of the Wire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that, but way stupid, like way stupid. So that's his pitch too. By the way, so you said that one Season of the Wire, So it's like that, but like way dumb. The It's going to be built by a little known European company called Thermay. And so this has been a massive controversy in Toronto, but the New York Times is covering it now. So so this company is also like starting projects like this around the world. England du buy Dallas and Washington, DC. They gave the first suspicious thing about this deal is that they gave the company a what do you think a normal amount of time is for a lease? Guys, would you say.
Speaker 2: I would say two thousand years at the least.
Speaker 1: Ninety five year lease. That was our That was our Cabana deal. Yeah, that's the Cabana deal that you guys got the Yeah, this is on like, this is on the level of like Sea org timeline. You know, yeah, yeah, I ever signed signed a Sea Org contract. But they contract YouTube billions and billions of years of labor you get in situations.
Speaker 3: Wait though, give us the real Number's.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a ninety five year lease past. They rushed through a bill allowing the project to sidestep laws pertaining to heritage considerations and environmental assessments. You don't want any of that. Ship. Yeah. It involves clear cutting trees, overhauling the sewage system, building a massive parking complex, and it is set to cost taxpayers two point two four billion dollars, which is one point eight billion dollars more than the government's original and internal estment. The big thing that is raising flags beyond those details of like this seems like a fucked up thing that is just you know, Rob Ford, he's just your stereotypical corrupt politician who has friends in the construction industry, and so he'll just like green light a poorly conceived construction project so he can award a bunch of contracts to people who will then take care of.
Speaker 2: Him later on, and just like the fucking wire man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like the wire man. So the company that they've worked with, though, is the thing that's been raising a lot of alarms. They've been presenting themselves as an established company operating as many as half a dozen spas in Europe. In reality, it has built an operated one outside of Bucharest, Romania. The company has been losing money, had less than one million euro in equity, which isn't great considering that each of these projects will cost around a half a billion dollars. It's losing money and has less than a million euro in the bank. Each project would cost half a billion dollars, meaning that they would need two point five billion dollars to be able to do what they're claiming they can do, and they have one million million in the band. So like that's.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's it's not okay.
Speaker 1: So, like, I mean, how do I put It's so so much less. It's like a stretch goal, we could call it.
Speaker 2: I love You're like she really believes that.
Speaker 1: So it's hmmm, how do I put this?
Speaker 2: They were Sanna is also real som a really.
Speaker 1: Huge fan of his work, just early stuff for me. So like they were like, well, you're gonna need a one hundred million dollar like cash flow, and they were like done, and they somehow got one hundred million dollars in the bank and no one can tell where that came from. But so the Times started to look into this company and the head of their business credentials really belonged to a guy who the CEO of this company knew who died in twenty seventeen. So it's basically like a Dick Whitman in mad Men's situation, where guys, yes, So there's a company called Thermae that successfully runs spas in Europe, had like a lot of the stuff that they're claiming they do is done by this other company that has basically the same logo. So they just copied the logo, copied the name. This guy was friends with the CEO who died in twenty seventeen at a plane crash, and so he's like, William's not going to say shit, And so they just stole that company's entire story. And the city of Toronto was like so oblivious that they awarded them with like a two point five billion dollar project to run. It's just it the whole Like everybody who like claims that this is the best way to run a civilization. If we're everybody's asleep at the wheel, nobody is paying any attention, And like it's just why would you ever do anything legitimately when you can just copy and paste someone's logo and the name of their business and the backstory of their business and and get billion a billion dollar contract.
Speaker 3: Oh did I tell you guys about my new podcast, The Zaily dike Geist.
Speaker 1: I mean they didn't even change that. It would just be called the Yeah, it would still be the Daily zeike Geist. Uh Okay, I want to just read this one detail from the New York Times report. A company representative said that, so, so they one of the details that they put in there, like pitch for why they should be able to hold the pull this off was like this highly successful spa that's like run out of Germany by the other Thermae company, And so they just like specifically were like, yeah, look at this one. And so a company representative said that Thermae's wording could have been more precise, and that references to its success in Germany were meant to communicate that the concept of Thermay had been successful because of mister Vunn's track record in Germany your hotter you hear me out. We were just saying in theory spas, this one does happen to have the same company name as ours, and we hope, we hope that wasn't misleading. Oh I'm sorry, did it was that confusing? It's just also dumb and just nobody's paying attention that he gives this ship. Well, what do we what do we make of this?
Speaker 3: Like, what do we think is going to happen for the good folks up north at Thermot.
Speaker 1: So after the Times report, Rob Ford was like, I'm going to take another look at it and see make sure that it passes the smell test, which it doesn't. But you know, the only reason that this was happening in the first place, I think, is so that he can award a bunch of construction. This goes back to something I think we were talking about off Mike, which is like coming back from actual functioning cities like Tokyo and Soul, Korea like that. I'm just like, man, a lot of the cities in America, like in the America's like really should take a long look in the mirror. I feel like, because like it's it's just wild, like how like you It just shows what is possible, Like when you go to a city that has like, you know, functioning metro system that is clean and feel safe, and the streets are clean and people are kind to one another and every people don't seem furious all the time, and there's not like construction projects that are like loud all over the place.
Speaker 2: And that's how I thought when I went to Helsinki.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, oh for real.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was like outside like the glass just being like, oh now I can come through, and I'm like, all of this is real exactly.
Speaker 3: It's it's a it's a geopolitical or macrocosmic version of going to a friend's house and realizing their family gets along and they're like, oh, yeah, we just hang out, we make dinner together, we play board games. You're invited if you like, and all of a suddenly or a.
Speaker 2: Two parent household period.
Speaker 1: My response to that, I'm not going to enjoin your cult. What are you, guys? Mormon? No one can hold me down. We invited him to our board game night, and he just kept cheating, kept stealing money from the bank. He's got some weird telling.
Speaker 2: Set of Catan. I am Catan.
Speaker 1: I still don't know what he meant. Yeah, I don't think he knew the rules of the game anyways, Ben Bolan, what a pleasure. We weren't even playing that game. Ben, What a pleasure having you? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, you can find me in a burst of creativity calling myself at Ben bowl and bow l i n as Miles says. Anywhere on the wide old Internet where there's an at sign, you can find our show stuff they don't want you to know, which applies critical thinking to ideas of conspiracy and the paranormal. You can find ridiculous history where in none other than Jack think he's O'Brien and Miles the bad man. Great will grace us every so often?
Speaker 1: It's been an every so long often. We got to get back on that.
Speaker 3: I emailed you all you email your management?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right? Uh? And is there a work a media that you've been enjoying? Yes, I I know not everybody loves sketch comedy, but I do. Uh.
Speaker 3: There's a guy named anand Raman a N A and d R A m A N You can find him on your the social meds that you sip wherein he does he does like this excellent and evil impression of Andrew Tate. It's just beautiful. It's worth your time. He's a Dubai based comedian. You can also see him doing a series of light workplace interviews that are great short form media.
Speaker 1: But I just like it.
Speaker 3: I think the guy's funny and do check it out if you like comedy. If you don't like comedy, then why are you listening to this show?
Speaker 1: Fuck comedy? Sophia Alexandra, thank you so much for joining wonderful having you as a co host. Where can people find you? Follow you all that stuff? And is their work of media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: I want to say thank you so much for having me as always. I love being here and I love you fingies wow and what else?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: People can find me at the sofia t H E s O f I y A on like everything and workI media I've been enjoying. Is it's actually a cartoon? It's a drawing, but I can tell you, I mean I think it's it's a one it's it's a one panel cartoon. I'm not going to be here all night. It's it's it's basically it's by Universal. I can't read it. You see lick anyway. It is a comic and it's a guy carrying like some bunch of woodsticks on his back and he says, we should improve society somewhat. And then there's a guy in a well and he says, yet you participate in society, curious. I am very intelligent.
Speaker 1: Everything's great, exactly. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Undersquirrel, Brian on Blue Sky at Jack ob The number one a tweet I've been enjoying is like at Stray space Hound at Stray space Hound, who tweeted, if you get a white man to say fair enough in an argument, you have defeated him on a deeper level than can be expressed with words.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 1: That's so real. And then Carl at Nightlife Mingus tweeted toilet water should be boiling hot, and I just I don't know why, but I agree with that. I think that'd be that'd be nice, be nice little steam room for our undercarriage.
Speaker 3: This is a cliffhanger for a follow up episode, so weird.
Speaker 2: I just needed to sweaty downstairs forever reason, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Miles would be like, I'm gone for a second.
Speaker 2: This is what happens.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and you can find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. With Miles out, we like to ask super producer Justin Connor, is there a song that you think people might enjoy? Yeah.
Speaker 5: We were having discussion, a discussion off mic about how Ben and Sophia are friends of the pod and also side note, Zeitgang was very nice about the fact that I messed up a little bit on an edit of the pod yesterday and another time recently, and they were gracious as good friends. I wont to do so in honor of those very loosely connected and strained concepts. I'm recommending a song by MF.
Speaker 2: Doom. It's called deep Fried Friends.
Speaker 5: It's got such a clever usage of sampling from the eighties hit Friends by Houdini and there's incredible wordplay and the beat has a fun weekend barbecue vibe. So it being Friday to day, you should check out Deep Fried Friends. That's fr n Z by MF. Doom and you can find that in the footnotes footnote.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeyekeds is a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, and that's gonna do it for us for the whole damn week. We hope you enjoyed season three eighty four. You got there. I hope you enjoyed Season three eighty four. That was the grand finale. We have a best of cutdown of this week's episodes coming tomorrow, and then we're back on Monday morning to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all that bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wayne
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.