Speaker 1: Call from Nourick.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, hey, oh wow you actually answered?
Speaker 3: Wow I did? Why wouldn't I?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Hold on, let me go tell my wife really quick. I'm actually I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you how far away is she?
Speaker 2: Not like grip?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, you need to get on therapy.
Speaker 4: That go I'm on there. Oh yeah, well, sorry about you.
Speaker 3: Can't just give her your call because she has to call in on her own.
Speaker 2: She has to call in on her You can't get out my call.
Speaker 4: Apparently, you have to call in on your own.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Nurick.
Speaker 3: How did your wife? How did you and your wife meet? Uh?
Speaker 4: Threesome?
Speaker 3: You met in a threesome?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was engaged to a really toxic person and we were trying to do polyamory and me and her met. But that's not what I want to talk to you about. I'm here talking about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely what I want to talk to you about now. The so your ex wife, ex fiance, your ex fiance, You were engaged to a woman, and whose suggestion was it? The try out polyamory?
Speaker 4: It was a mutual thing at the time. We were both young and stupid, sure, and we were trying the whole like you know, spicing up the marriage thing. We did the tico not tiktoku, tender and shit and didn't work out.
Speaker 5: But go on, ask your questions.
Speaker 3: So you were trying, I mean you were trying to spice up the marriage before the marriage even happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was. I was dating her because I was She was not the kind of person that was right for me. She was more for Uh you ever like live for live your life for other people. You ever seen people do that?
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure you felt some sort of pressure to be in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Pressure to be in a certain type of relationship, to feel like the image of what a relationship should be in some people's eyes.
Speaker 3: Interesting, And what was it about this person that you felt fulfilled that image?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: My father once told me, if you're going to get with anyone, get with it's more complicated than that, but it's more or less like get with someone with blonde hair and big tips.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so like that's what.
Speaker 4: I thought was supposed to do, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: So who knew? So your current wife who met her first? Between you and your ex fiance?
Speaker 4: So I met her and we because we both shared a mutual friend. At the time, we were walking or I was walking down the road to hang my way to college because I lived off campus on the time. Yeah, so I'm walking and as we're going, I all of a sudden I hear one I hear someone shout out what I thought was calling me the f slur because I live in that kind of area where that thing is normal. But it turned out that was just my friend. So I go over hop in the car and she my is driving at the time. Me and her end up getting the talking and at the time, she's like in a relationship of her own, long distance wise, so she was off like you know, it started out platonically, I swear to God, GEK, Now, how.
Speaker 3: Did your ex fiance react when you eventually left her to be with this current?
Speaker 2: Well, what happened.
Speaker 4: What happened is I I almost I try to kill myself one night, I try to drown myself in the bathtub. And mainly because like the marriage or the engagement was going south and I was realizing I was. I just got on like this new prescription I forget what was at the time was for depression and whenever, like I got on that and I started therapy, like my eyes were just wide open, and it's just like I I need to something's wrong in my life and something doesn't make sense, and I try to communicate that to my life my fiance at the time, and she didn't understand that. Like she first of all, she was against me, like getting the medication the first place, because she didn't want things to change. And then over time I've kind of like noticed that as I'm realizing that I have not a connection with my fiance, I have this strong relationship with this person who was again we at the time, we were platonic and then sex sex gone involved, like wife and fiance and me. At the time, we were like yeah, sure because that was on you know, all of our bucket lists, was you know, three someome. I mean, who who is it who doesn't have a threeesome on their bucket list?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: So, now in your car, in relationship with your current and she's your wife, you're married to her?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 4: We are very much married and very.
Speaker 3: Much fully Is it fully closed or would you ever consider trying polyamory again?
Speaker 4: Oh, we actually in a PolyAm as a relationship. My wife and I live, we live with her boyfriend interesting.
Speaker 3: Do you like him?
Speaker 8: I love him.
Speaker 5: He's really cool. He's a really good guy.
Speaker 4: They met a while ago, about a year ago, when she was doing like her only fans and stuff, and you know, they got to talking and the relationship bloomed. And I'm the kind of person My whole belief is, like, I think it's selfish for me as an individual to think that I can satisfy the needs of another individual, like another ego being. So I kind of like and like, look, if if you want more out of like, don't let me hold you back, right, So, Like, but you know, I I feel like she kind of like, uh, she wants she wants to keep me around for some reason. So I guess I'm doing something right.
Speaker 3: I mean that to me, screams. I mean that that's a true sort of love for someone when you want them to be happy, even if it means that you're not involved in every aspect of the happiness.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Like, I learned from an early age that like, love doesn't have to be what a mainstream idea is. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: M Are you dating anyone else?
Speaker 4: I'm currently single. I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. I'm kind of happy where I'm at. I talk to people, but I have really really bad social anxiety sociophobia, so getting out on the scene like this is actually new to me. I'm only doing this because I'm stowing his balls right now?
Speaker 3: Fair enough? Yeah, I remember, are you? You came and you said you didn't want to talk about this? Is there anything real quick you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 4: I really wanted to talk to you about the time I ate garbage because you that's like when I first started to call it.
Speaker 2: He was talking about like I think last week or a few weeks.
Speaker 4: I okay, okay, So long story short. I was trapped because I have really shitty terence in my college town because they were arguing with my sister and it was during winter break and I couldn't go home, right I had no money. It was my freshman year, so I'm stuck in this town. I haven't had anything to eat for like four days because it's win or break. The cafeteria's closed, I have no money. I see a Jimmy Joe on sandwich in the garbage, and to this day, bootleggers are my favorite because of that.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, I respect that you're living your life exactly the way you want to live it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Gek, I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Norik.
Speaker 3: Take it for sharing. Rick, You have a good rest.
Speaker 4: Of the night, you too, Gek take it easy.
Speaker 3: Ten out of ten.
Speaker 9: Call never goes on the line, taking your calls every night, never goes. He's teaching you your.
Speaker 1: Life all from Ashley Ashley.
Speaker 10: Hello, Ashley, Hi, Greg.
Speaker 3: Mary Kate and Ashley.
Speaker 10: Yeah that's me.
Speaker 3: I always thought Mary, Kate and Ashley were three different people.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean Mary, multiple personal I guess.
Speaker 3: And Ashley, how many different people are you?
Speaker 7: How many different people? I guess it depends on the day.
Speaker 3: How many different people are you today?
Speaker 7: How many different people? Let's see, Well, I'm the nice person at work and they want to get home. I'm the introvert and I don't like talk anybody. So I guess that's a different thing from two different people.
Speaker 3: So you like talking to people at work, but not when you get at home, not when you get back home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, called ambivert you No, I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: It's a great to. When I found out about it, I was like, that is a beautiful term. I mean, I hate labels in general. But if I had to pick, when I choose that and ambivert. You're familiar with the phrase ambi dextrous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like left and right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, left and right. Ambiverts someone who embodies the qualities of both an extrovert and an introvert. And you know, situationally, I never liked the binary system of extroverts and introverts anyway. I feel like it's it's it's it's too it's too binary. It's it's I mean, it's a whole spectrum here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've never heard that. That's actually pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Listen, Ashley, I have a question for you. Yes, how have you ever lied?
Speaker 7: Unfortunately? Too many times?
Speaker 3: Yes, too many times? Tell me what was what was the too many a time?
Speaker 7: I think I lie like a lot more at work. Uh and for some reason, like I keep getting away with it, probably because I.
Speaker 3: Well, like, well, I was.
Speaker 7: Talking actually about this the other day. Like I used to work at a seafood restaurant, and the restaurants if any food that was left over at night, they would uh let the employees take it home. So I would like put in fake orders just so I could take food home to my parents.
Speaker 3: That's smart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, and they never questioned it. I just would always no, I never got caught. I would just always bring food home.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that suspicious when consistently the same person would keep ordering food and not picking it up.
Speaker 7: Well, I always put different names on it and like different kinds of food.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that is interesting.
Speaker 7: And sometimes like you order like an lit extra more so then you don't take everything the minute. And I started to feel a little bad, but then I got held up at gun point there, so then I didn't feel bad because like the owner didn't feel bad about me getting held up and told me to go back to work, so I didn't really feel bad about it anymore.
Speaker 3: You got a held up at gun point?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: And what was that like?
Speaker 7: I mean, it was scary, but at the same time, it was like, this isn't really my money. So I kind of just opened the register and backed up and he grabbed it. And then he was like, I just want you to know that I love you, and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 12: Know who you are, but okay.
Speaker 3: He told you if he loved you.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He was like like I hope He's like, do you love your family? I was like yeah, and He's like, well, I love you, and then he like left with the money from the register.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, which he had.
Speaker 7: Been smarter, he would have gotten no money from the drawer because there was a lot more in there.
Speaker 3: How did he how did he say it? Did he look you in the eyes?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: He like turned around as he was leaving, like right at the door, and like I was terrified because I was like seventeen at the time, and he's just like he said that about my family. He's like, I want you to know that I love you, and then left.
Speaker 3: Do you believe him? Do you think he really loved it? Do you think he meant it was?
Speaker 10: I don't think he did.
Speaker 13: I mean, maybe he just felt guilty because he.
Speaker 7: Was like robbing a teenager. So I don't know. But he's in jail now.
Speaker 3: So, Hm, why do you think he told you he loved you? He felt guilty?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think that he probably felt guilty, But also he may have been like on a love and drugs because he kind of looked like that.
Speaker 2: M So maybe he did love me.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe he saw me and fell him on the first sight or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know he did, do you, I mean, do you believe in love and first sight.
Speaker 7: I think I used to, but then, like I was listening earlier, like how some uh you asked somebody a question or it was like either were talking about like if you love somebody for four months and then you don't love them anymore. And I believe that's like in the moment thing. But as like I'm getting older, you know, like it's like you you honestly like put all your faith into love, you know, and then but I understand the same time where it's coming from.
Speaker 3: See, that's the thing is love. It's very emotionally driven, and emotions are are so volatile. They're up and they're down, and they're left and they're right. It's the it's not a very uh sound place to put all your eggs. So you know exactly, you can love someone in the heat of the moment and then after that moment is over and not love them anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which is unfortunate, but I mean it's just life.
Speaker 3: Do you think that if he saw you again, that guy would still say that he loves you.
Speaker 7: Actually, his lawyer like reached out like a year ago because.
Speaker 10: He's in prison.
Speaker 7: No, but he did want like to write me a letter to apologize.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, really he wanted to write you a letter to apologize. Yeah, like he'd get your permission to get the letter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I didn't. I didn't respond to it because that was like ten years ago at this point.
Speaker 3: So interesting that ten years later he still wanted to apologize, So he probably he probably did love you. I mean he was probably thinking about you all ten of those years. I'm definitely, definitely extremely weird. I would actually say, but you know, well, listen, thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you were answering my call. I was like I called like eighty nine times.
Speaker 3: Eighty ninth the charm baby.
Speaker 7: Yep, it's the charm.
Speaker 10: I remember that.
Speaker 7: I hope you have a good night.
Speaker 3: Gek you too, Ashley, have a good night.
Speaker 1: Call from Alex.
Speaker 2: Alex, Hey, do my fucking god, what's up?
Speaker 3: How? What's up?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: I have been trying to call you for ages?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 3: How how many ages?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Probably like four months?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: What technologies have evolved?
Speaker 14: Oh man, I was I would using the facts machine when I started.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I got a cell phone now? And how do you feel about this technological transition? Are you prepared or do you feel as though the world is moving too fast for you to keep up.
Speaker 5: I mean, isn't it always?
Speaker 14: I mean, I'm just I'm just sitting here calling hundreds of times, and then I was expecting a hello, and then you just yelled out, Alex, and it was just the craziest thing. So you know, you're never really ready, but it's definitely definitely there.
Speaker 3: Do you feel ready?
Speaker 5: I guess I do.
Speaker 3: Feel feel ready for this.
Speaker 14: I feel ready to be on on the call.
Speaker 3: That was the wrong answer. There's the wrong answer, Alex. You should Actually the fact that you're ready implies to me that you're prepared in some way, and for you to prepare implies that you had some sort of expectation of what this experience would be like. And for you to have some sort of expectation of what this experience would be like only sets you up for failure in the event that your expectations are not matched by reality.
Speaker 5: You know, that's that's a great point.
Speaker 4: But I think I'll have to humbly disagree with you.
Speaker 14: I think, just for the sheer amount of times that I've called, I think would be irresponsible for me not to have been ready.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think that's reasonable, alex clusive, I have a question for you, alex Yes, have you ever lied?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 14: Fucking I just did?
Speaker 3: So many just did? How did you just lie? In what I was ready and you're not ready?
Speaker 14: I mean, like I said before, that are we ever really ready? I also said that I was using a fax machine. That's obviously not true.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I guess that wasn't true. Well, I mean there's a difference between. I think there's a difference between an intentional lie, right, and a confident exclamation prediction. Maybe that, when put through the test, yeah, proves false. So yes, if you say I'm ready, you may in that moment feel as though you are ready and then fail and then it turns out that you're not ready. Did you lie? I mean you believed that you were ready. When you say that you're ready, I mean I interpret it as you saying I believe that I'm ready, and it is true that you believed it, and that's the stand that you were making.
Speaker 8: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: But if I tell a girl.
Speaker 14: I love her, and then four months later I don't love her anymore, I think she would say to me, you bastard, you lied to me.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think of that. I don't know if I don't think of that's a lie because well, in the moment that you told that girl that you loved her, did you mean it when you said it?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So if you meant it when you said it, it was true in the moment, but then four months later if it no, something can be true at one point and then not be true later. Yeah, Like, how old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm eighteen?
Speaker 14: Nineteen?
Speaker 3: In a month, you're eighteen? Okay, I honestly thought you were in your thirties. You sound very old.
Speaker 14: Oh my, everyone says I look older too. I'm taul and I don't know. I don't get it though.
Speaker 3: But look a year from now, when you're nineteen, is are did you lie? You said you were eighteen? Okay, you're nineteen a month. In a month, you but you told me that you're eighteen. So in a month, will you have lied?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Because things change.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a great point and I didn't really think about that.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you feel about this conversation?
Speaker 5: I think this is a good conversation. I think that you know.
Speaker 14: I'm sure there's more to be had, but from what has happened new it was definitely a good conversation.
Speaker 3: Beautiful. Well, listen, thank you so much for calling, Alex. I hope that this lives up to your expectations.
Speaker 14: Of course, well nothing ever does. So you have a good one you too.
Speaker 1: Aw from Lucas.
Speaker 8: Lucas, Yo, Geck, what's up man?
Speaker 3: How are you doing? Lucas?
Speaker 5: You know I'm doing all right? Thank you?
Speaker 8: Give me one secon stream for you.
Speaker 3: Got anything else going on?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 8: You have a luck going on? Geck, you are about to travel across an art you have a luckhsh jeeze Lucas.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, what are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm chilling my apartment just watching a guy in a lizard suit talk to other human beings and.
Speaker 3: Is nice work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I'm currently I'm kind of third wheeling it. Essentially, what I'm doing is I lived with my best friend since middle school and his longtime girlfriend. I went to college to with him, and I I know he's grow uping very well as well. So they have like a house, they own a house.
Speaker 4: And they have like this upstairs apartment area and I basically have it all myself.
Speaker 8: So I'm thriving. I moved in like a month ago.
Speaker 3: How are you paying the rent?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so basically played them a flat. I'm not a rent each month, no least or anything.
Speaker 3: Oh you know your boy exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just a boy. And uh I literally put like rent in the Venmo description. Here you go, pal, and.
Speaker 3: That's how how much is for rent?
Speaker 8: Seven and fifty a months, which in so I'm in Massachusetts, so it's not too bad. And oh hell yeah, it's like a yeah, it's like I get a whole area to myself and like, you know, I'm thriving essentially.
Speaker 3: So I mean, now is it what is the dynamic? Like is it odd living with because it's like, I mean, this is almost like a sitcom in a way, like they have their their picturesque life, they're in love, they have a house, and then they've but they've also got you living in their attic.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I can see it already, like a sitcom and CBS like and then like this happy loving couple, then this weird roommate moved in. But no, and also do you.
Speaker 3: Do be honest, do you consider yourself to be like a weird guy? Are you a strange person?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: God no, I'm very comfortable with who I am I'm twenty four years old. I'm happy where I am. I mean, I'm really ever since you know, I graduated college and stuff, I really like learned to be myself. So I'm really not I don't consider myself a weird guy. I mean, I have that social anxiety of oh man, I considered a weird guy to these people, but especially like those the situations at work or in like uh bars or stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But I'm really focused on this.
Speaker 8: Being myself and just I'm going with the flow.
Speaker 3: But you know, does it ever get weird living with the couple. They're trying to do a couple of things and you're just there.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: We have you know, that's a good question.
Speaker 12: You know, we just we just you know.
Speaker 8: I've known them for the longest time now, so we have the dynamic where.
Speaker 2: We're all friends.
Speaker 8: Essentially, we all just shoot the ship. We all work nine to five jobs during the week, so we when we all get home, we just shoot the ship, you know, and then we do our own things. We have our own areas. They have their private there their private areas, and I have my own space. It's a great dynamics. I'm really fortunate in that way. You know a lot of folks, you know, they have the you know, they hate their landlords, they have shitty living situations. But I really looked out so.
Speaker 3: Well, that's awesome. I know Alex was the last guy to Lucas. That's awesome, Lucas, Lucas real QUI tell me, I got a question for you, Lucas, just real quick. Have you ever lied?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 8: You'll I feel like everyone does to some extent. I know that's the question of the evening because but I'm really I'm really unprepared.
Speaker 3: Oh man, just make something up.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: I lie about little things that work. So I lie at work, like I'll say I'll send this email or I'll do it today, but I really don't. I always push off till the next day. I've probably done that like five million times at this point, and I feel I'm not looking at Chat. I'm a good boy, But I feel like Chat will relate to that where like oh yeah, like it's like three thirty and the answer me, oh yeah, I'll do that today and then they'll just I just flow it off to like Monday or the next day because I'm just so fucking tired. At that point, it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well listen, Lucas, I'll let you get back to your unanswered emails. You are indeed a very good boy, and I appreciate you sharing with us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, honestly a lot of people waiting to call in. I'll let you go to geck, subscribe to get Patreon chat. It's awesome. I'm kind of promoting you here, gets kind of weird, but but other than that, you know, I'll let you go get best of luck with get across America. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Lucas. I love you. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 8: Love you too, man.
Speaker 5: Take care.
Speaker 1: All from Katie.
Speaker 3: Katie, Katy, I'm here.
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 3: You called me?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's right?
Speaker 3: Is your stream on?
Speaker 5: I muted it?
Speaker 3: So I'm tired.
Speaker 12: Oh, just some laying around all day. But I have a prompt. Your your question?
Speaker 3: Oh you have a you have an answer to my question?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: A good question is I haven't asked any questions yet?
Speaker 12: Okay, then go have that?
Speaker 3: Would you say your name was Katie? I have a question?
Speaker 12: What is your question?
Speaker 3: Have you ever lied?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 12: Not very successfully though.
Speaker 3: Successfully.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I have a bad habit of smiling when I lie or laughing.
Speaker 3: Tell me about this time in which you lied unsuccessfully.
Speaker 15: You know the classic Uh, it's not you, it's not me, it's you.
Speaker 12: Of course, it's not you, it's me. M.
Speaker 3: So you were trying to lie about the way you felt.
Speaker 12: Yeah, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Well, there's lots of different categories of lying. There's lying about events, whether or not they happened. There's lying about feelings, whether or not they are true. And I feel like feelings. It's harder to get caught lying about your feelings.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 15: Well, I don't like other people feeling like shit.
Speaker 12: So I'm like, you know what, it's all me, it's me, it's not you.
Speaker 3: Now, who did you tell this to? Who did you tell that it was them and not you when in reality it was indeed them?
Speaker 12: Oh? Real people have dated?
Speaker 3: Now the last person you dated? What was it about them that made you break up with them?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: They were just like there were?
Speaker 15: Did it treat me how I wanted to be treated? Did it make me feel how I wanted to be felt, How how I wanted to feel?
Speaker 3: How do you want to be treated?
Speaker 15: I don't know, like you want to be the apple if someone dying, Right, so you.
Speaker 12: Don't want to like looking at other people?
Speaker 3: Or well, how can how can someone? How can someone treat you the way you want to be treated? If you don't even know how you want to be treated?
Speaker 12: Damn?
Speaker 13: Okay, then.
Speaker 5: You're right, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean? Look, I mean it sounds like you have an idea of how you do not want to be treated, which is similar Uh.
Speaker 1: Huh the silence.
Speaker 3: You want to be apple of someone's eye?
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't you?
Speaker 12: Doesn't everyone?
Speaker 13: Not?
Speaker 3: Really? I don't like the idea of being like revered by like one person. It seems like a lot.
Speaker 15: So would you want to be like I heard the call earlier? Would you want to be like in a Poli relationship so you can get all the all different people?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure to be honest, Well, I don't know. Like I have a friend who like uh. I remember one time I saw one of my friends like his girlfriend made an Instagram post about him and and she was like, and she was like, David is the most My friend's name is David, who was like David, I'm madly in love with him. He is my entire life, the best human being I've ever met in my entire life, and I remember saying to him like that, that's a lot of pressure right there, to be that for someone. I don't know if I want to be that for someone, that's a lot. That's a lot of pressure there. I don't I don't know. If I want to be the apple of someone's eye. I will gladly be. I will gladly be a welcome, respected, appreciated part of an entire life. But I don't know if I want to be an entire life.
Speaker 15: I got you, you just want to be a part of it, not an entire not an entirety.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that not how you feel? How do you feel you want to be someone's every you want to be?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm not trying to like you know, obsessed or so you know what I mean, who knows, you know, there's you would that's like the far far extreme. You know, you just want someone to not you know, look at other people, or will not necessarily look at other people, but talk about other people, like you know, cheating. I guess it's so prevalent with like social media.
Speaker 3: You want so you want someone who won't cheat on you?
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, well I think everyone wants that unless you're like, because that's.
Speaker 3: That's the bare minimum.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that is the bare minimum.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I mean I'm glad that you've defined that. That's a good thing to know that you want.
Speaker 10: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 3: I hope you find that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean that's a very like low requirement.
Speaker 3: You know, you're in luck. No, you said that's shitty of you.
Speaker 15: Well, if you can't meet that requirement, it's just like, yeah, that's shitty.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna say. I mean, I think what's your name again, Katie? Katie? You're actually in luck because you seem to have low standards, which is great. Don't take that as a bad it's a good I swear to God being you know, I'll meet that serious. It's a good thing. It's a good thing to have low standards. Because it's not it's becomes easier to make you happy.
Speaker 15: I guess we can agree to disagree. I mean, that makes you sound so terrible.
Speaker 3: Why does that make you that? Why what do you mean why does that make you sound terrible?
Speaker 15: Because I'm like, loast it like any anyone can make me.
Speaker 3: Isn't that a good thing that anyone can make you happy? You know what I'd be worried for Katie. I'd be worried for you if you had high standards.
Speaker 15: Very true.
Speaker 12: That makes it way harder to meet someone.
Speaker 3: Makes it way harder to meet. So I haven't look low standards a good thing.
Speaker 12: But well, oh I have something.
Speaker 15: I have met someone, but I'm gonna go and beat them.
Speaker 13: In two days.
Speaker 3: I'm fantastic. Hope they don't cheat on.
Speaker 15: You, that's what not.
Speaker 3: Thank Katie, I appreciate you sharing with us this evening, and do you have a one for us to the night.
Speaker 15: Thanks for dropping that knowledge of course. Peace.
Speaker 6: All Yeah, Hey folks, this is Lyle here with a very quick message, just letting you know that this podcast does not have any advertising in it as of this very moment, but if you would like to support and make it easier for me to do more therapy Gecko in the future, you can head on over to Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever, and for only five dollars you can make it a heck of.
Speaker 3: A lot easier for me to put this whole shebang together. That is Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever. You also get access to exclusive streams, exclusive gek content. You also get access to the exclusive gek Legends, Discord, Patreon, dot com, slash Lyle forever. All right, back to the.
Speaker 1: Calls from Mackenzie mckenn.
Speaker 10: Mackenzie, Hi, how's it going?
Speaker 3: You know? Honestly, McKenzie, I'm doing pretty okay. I'm trying to live life.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: Look, life is it's an intense experience, McKenzie, and I feel like it's created with an appropriate reaction of intensity.
Speaker 10: That's that's a good point. I agree there.
Speaker 3: I mean all the emotions, Mackenzie. I mean life inspires joy, it inspires grief, it inspires uh, excitement, nervousness, and I just want to reciprocate all of these incitements with the purest It's the most intense version of all those feelings.
Speaker 10: I really no idea how to respond to that, but I.
Speaker 3: Support you, Thank you, McKenzie. Look, Mackenzie, what are you doing right now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: I'm just chilling trying to get my phone call through to you.
Speaker 5: I think I think it was please please?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 10: I think it was like one hundred and sixty nine, So it's it's kind of a good number sixty.
Speaker 3: Nine, baby, Kenzie, What are you doing right now? I already asked you that. I didn't.
Speaker 10: I you did.
Speaker 3: I asked you that just now.
Speaker 10: I'm chilling with my cat watching your stream.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I asked you know what, Mackenzie. I like that. I asked you that question twice and you went ahead and you answered it twice. And that's how I know I can trust you. McKenzie.
Speaker 10: That's a good point. Yeah, I'm a go getter. I'm a yes man.
Speaker 3: You're a go getter, yes man. How do you feel about that? Do you enjoy being a well a go get a ready yes man or two different things of it?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think I lied a little bit about the go gether.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that we have a little bit of time to sort of think, I know that they started off a little intense and that's one hundred percent of my fault. Okay, now that we have the time to think, do you truly believe that you are a yes ma'am?
Speaker 10: I no, because I just said no, so I suppose not. I'm pretty close though. I think I do a pretty good job about it. Though it's a spectrum.
Speaker 3: I'll say it's a spectrum.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 10: So you're a maybe man man, Yeah, Mac The baby man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you a go gether?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: Absolutely not. I'm not, which is which you know is why I called?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so you called because you're not a gogeter and plea. I would love to hear more about what you why you called?
Speaker 10: Okay, okay. So my most recent issue, I have no idea what to do with my life. I'm twenty four, I just turned twenty four. I've got an associates in English, which does fuck all? So I'm trying to figure out what to do.
Speaker 3: Give an associates in English? Such fuck all? Well, I mean, okay, when you set out to get this associates in English, you must have done it for some reason.
Speaker 10: Well, the funny part is it's about one class away from being an associates in biology. So it doesn't say a lot that I am an associates in English.
Speaker 3: Well what does it say for you to have an associate biology associates in biology?
Speaker 10: Well, I really wanted to work in being a wildlife rehab but they make no money. You can't help the get gos for a living.
Speaker 3: So because your Biology degree wasn't going to make you a lot of money, you and instead switched to an English degree.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Hey, there's a reason I'm calling you.
Speaker 3: Okay, well again, you you picked these things for a reason, and I've gotta I gotta believe that there's more than money at stake here. I mean, you must enjoy the idea of being in wildlife rehab.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: Well, it seems like every job that I pick out, somebody advises me against it, or I look up and they just do not make money. I think my career goals are a little bit too empathetic, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, these people advising you against it? For what reason are they advising you against it? Is it just the money thing.
Speaker 10: I've talked to a lot of teachers, and a lot of teachers say absolutely not, do.
Speaker 8: Not do it.
Speaker 10: So, and they have a lot of different reasons. A lot of it's to do with administration. Administrators. They really don't like who they work under, which I suppose means you know, to find the right school, but uh, money, administration kind of the way that the job works, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, how much money do you think you need to live?
Speaker 12: Not a lot.
Speaker 10: I'm I'm pretty uh, I'm pretty low maintenance, honestly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, then I guess in that case, it should matter with you if you don't make as much money as someone else, as long as you're doing something you enjoy.
Speaker 10: Doing, right, I want some sort of disposable income to do it, and I also want to be sure that, like I feel like I'm doing something I really want to like my job. I'm somebody that refuses to hate a third of their life. So I think that's why I'm so obsessive over it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it's extremely important. I agree with you on the obsession. I think it's a good thing to be obsessed about. But why do you want I mean you said you want disposable income? I mean how much? I mean when they say no money, Like, what does that really mean?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How much? How much money? How much money? Like is there is there is there a number that you could give, like how much money you could you make? And why life rehab.
Speaker 10: I think wildlife rehabits in the twenty grands, Like it's low.
Speaker 3: That is actually but yeah, where you live.
Speaker 10: Illinois, Southern Illinois.
Speaker 3: Could you theoretically eat food and live in a house for that amount of money?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I don't know if it's worth it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Okay, So what are you what do you think you suppose I.
Speaker 10: Could go really primal and just to live amongst them and then take care of them.
Speaker 3: I mean that's I mean, that's barely a living wage. I don't even think there's no way it's even legal to pay like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well it's because you know, people, it's all based mostly based off of charity. They run like a lot of them, I know, run them out of their homes basically, and just try to fundraise because unless you go into like a government job, which was also an option of biology, you don't get paid well.
Speaker 3: So being a wildlife rehability is that off the table? Have you decided that I'm not doing that, I gotta find a new thing, or is that is that what you really want to do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: I came up with this plan that I would be an English teacher and then work my summers as a hobbyist wildlife rehab, which I don't think is the worst plan every Yeah, I think I let my anxiety get to me a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: What are you anxious about?
Speaker 10: Genuinely just making the wrong decision, which everybody says. You know, you can always go back to school or always make up a different decision. But you know, I care about debt and everything, so.
Speaker 3: No debt is a big one. I mean, you're not thinking about incurring more debt, are you?
Speaker 10: No? So far I've got my associations with no debt.
Speaker 3: So oh, so you don't have any debt?
Speaker 10: Not yet?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Oh you don't wait so okay, but you just said not yet. But then when I ask you if you're thinking about a caring more that, you said no.
Speaker 10: What's that going to try not to? But I guess yes, I guess yes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, I'll be sorry. Well you have okay, Well, you want to be an English teacher or wildlife associates I mean a wildlife rehabilitationist person. It sounds like you have the qualifications required to be I don't know. I don't have a real job, so I don't know what it requires to do that. But it sounds like you have what it takes requirementally wise to be an English teacher.
Speaker 10: Right right, Yeah, I definitely could. I definitely say.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, what's stopping you from this plan of the English teacher during the year in the during the summer.
Speaker 10: It's definitely the amount of teachers I've talked to that have advised me against it, because I don't want to be the guy that's like, you know, screw you all. I'm not going to trust your advice, and I'm just gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean, let's say you do it anyway. I mean, let's say you do one summer as a rehab person and it sucks. You don't have to go into debt, like like, what do you what do you? What do you lose from trying it? That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 10: I guess there's not a lot to lose with the rehabit. I'm doing it occasionally, but there's more to lose with like a bachelor's degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely something to lose if you go back to get more school. But that's what do you need? Do you need more school to do this plan?
Speaker 10: Yes, I need to finish my bachelors, so I only have the associates. M h.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that does make it tough.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a dilemmaker.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you one one kind of less thing that I like to think about when I think about these sort of situations. Okay, uh, all right, you wanting to be in the jobs themselves are like very tangible specific things. Yes, but what's at the root of your desire to do them? Does that make sense?
Speaker 10: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, I would say it's just helping, like I really enjoy helping animals and people kids specifically. So that's when I said they're kind of empathy based.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, And the reason I asked that is because that like worst case scenario and I I've told this to someone before with this exact camel background on another stream, which is that I would really think about the I would think less about the specifics and more about the generalities of I want to help people, I want to help kids, I want to help animals, because there's I mean infinite ways to help people that don't require you going into debt absolutely, So I would focus on chasing those very general things because I think people a lot of times like they go after this very specific thing like I want to be like they get like television on, like I want to be this thing, only this thing, and if someone says no to me and I can't be this thing, I'm fucked. But when reality, what you're chasing is is the fulfillment of the general thing of I want to help people. So I do you have that in mind as opposed to any specific career in mind?
Speaker 10: If that means yeah, absolutely, that's a that's a really great point. That's gonna help me out a lot.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 10: I appreciate that, mackenzie.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for for sure, McKenzie, and good luck you too. Have a good night.
Speaker 1: All from Beatrice.
Speaker 3: Beatrice, you picked I picked up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, what's up dude?
Speaker 3: Hey Beatrice, can you turn your stream off for me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, sorry, yeah, it's off.
Speaker 3: So what's up?
Speaker 13: Nothing much. It's been a rough day and I saw your streaming, so that cheered me up a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to hear that.
Speaker 13: How about you?
Speaker 3: Why has it been a rough day?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 13: Just long. I couldn't get any sleep last night and I was running around to finish chores, so.
Speaker 3: Finish tours chor chores.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to sleep on last night either. Did sleep is uh for the week?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: They say that. I mean, here's the thing, here's what I think I'm gonna look. I'm no doctor, but I'm a little skeptical, right because they say that sleep is healthy. M They said that sleep is healthy, but they also say that exercise is healthy, and to me, that's a contradiction. I'm like, what is it? Should I be laying around all day doing nothing or should I be moving my body twenty four to seven. That's why I don't trust doctors, because they've been giving out too much contradicting information. How can sleep and exercise both be healthy?
Speaker 13: I'm an athlete, so I don't really know.
Speaker 3: All right, so you picked one, which I think is reasonable.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but it wasn't worth it.
Speaker 3: Why was it not worth it? How old are you? Beatrice?
Speaker 13: I am twenty five.
Speaker 3: You're an athlete? Are you? I mean, okay, so you're I mean at the age of twenty five, you're probably like a real athlete. You're not like in school or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: No, I didn't go to college.
Speaker 3: What kind of athlete are you?
Speaker 13: I'm a swimmer.
Speaker 3: Say you're like a professional competitive swimmer.
Speaker 13: I guess, so, I guess so well. I go to bitcomp petitions, but where I live it's not really that hard. There's not many people on our team, so it's easy to get picked to go to.
Speaker 8: These big ends.
Speaker 10: Beature.
Speaker 3: Some my own the speakerphone right now.
Speaker 13: No, I'm sorry, Are you like echoing.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's just a little it's a little bit tricky to hear you.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, Oh, no problem.
Speaker 3: So you are right. So you said where you live, there's not a lot of people, so it's easy to get picked. So you're the best. So you're among the kareem of the crown.
Speaker 2: I guess because.
Speaker 3: You never sleep because you're too busy swimming.
Speaker 13: I wish, I wish I could grow a pair of gills.
Speaker 3: Well, you're on your way. It sounds like, okay, so you all right? So you're a professional swim.
Speaker 13: Person, yeah, professional fish.
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy being a professional fish?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 13: I joined when I was in I think third grade. It's when I started to learn how to swim. And it was fun until like middle school, high school, and then it just started to get stressful and not too great.
Speaker 3: Wow. So it's been stressful since middle school? Yeah, which was ten years ago. Uh. And yet you've you've you have persisted.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What keeps you going?
Speaker 13: I like the experiences that I get to have, and I know if I quit, I probably wouldn't see half of the people that I swim with anymore. Because we devote our lives to the sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like an all encompassing thing. M.
Speaker 13: What about you? Did you do any sports growing up?
Speaker 3: So do you think that you're gonna keep with it?
Speaker 13: I don't know. I've been thinking about that recently. There's a big meat coming up. It's gonna be in Puerto Rico. And I just haven't been doing that right. I haven't been improving. I developed a chronic bronchitis, I think, and it's just been getting hard and I haven't gotten a chance to get myself checked out yet.
Speaker 3: So have you talked to a real therapist about this stuff? It sounds like it's very genuinely stressing you.
Speaker 13: As No, it's too expensive, but I'm sorry, Oh no, I don't.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be sorry it's too expensive.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They don't have like a look for a sport that's stressful. They should have like a sponsored thing.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean normally in bigger places like up the the States, they have like some teams have the souses and people that you can go to. But are some team is so small that they just they're kind of happy that you're coming. And if she heard or something going on in your life, that's your problem.
Speaker 3: Mmmm. Well, look, I don't know. I feel like there's got to be a thing that you can though I don't know, I haven't really researched this. I gotta I gotta get a better help code that I can give Michael Michael Phelps uses that ship? Which? Uh? Which? Which? Which is it that Michael Phelps uses that everyone hates?
Speaker 13: Oh, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 3: Look if Michael, if Michael Phelps uses it, I feel like it could be good for you, I guess.
Speaker 13: I mean, look at him, it's a gold medalist.
Speaker 3: How do you How do you feel about this conversation?
Speaker 13: I feel like it's nice. I don't really like opening up to friends or family because I don't want to dump my problems or worries into them because I know they're already stressed out with all the things happening in their lives.
Speaker 3: Your life is funny. Well, look, Beatrice, I hope that you do find a you know, a real therapist to talk to. Maybe uh, I don't know. Maybe you'll be swimming one day and you'll, like, you know, it would be interesting. I'm imagining you, like I don't know, you you fall into this like fantasy, but like you become a mermaid and you go into the sea and you start like telling all your problems to all the fish and stuff, and they give you any good advice, like better advice than I could give you, and you sing a song that could happen to you.
Speaker 13: I'd love for that to happen to me.
Speaker 3: I believe in it. Thank you well, you have a good night, Beatrice. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 13: Calling you too. I appreciate the talk.
Speaker 3: Can I Beatrice?
Speaker 13: Bye?
Speaker 1: How from.
Speaker 5: Doctor Johnson?
Speaker 3: Doctor Johnson? How you doing? Doc john.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm well, how are you?
Speaker 3: What kind of doctor are you?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 11: A fully qualified real one?
Speaker 3: A fully qualified real one?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: And what type of medicine are you fully qualified to really do?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: No, No, a doctor felicid?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Doctor philosophy? Yes, I'm curious about this. You say you're qualified to be a doctor.
Speaker 11: In some sense of the word.
Speaker 3: What exactly qualify? What makes someone objectively more qualified to philosophize than someone else?
Speaker 11: Is it objective? I guess some sort of paper.
Speaker 3: It's on paper, it's I I you know, I mean, I don't know. I don't know if it's objective. I guess that's why I'm kind of what I'm asking.
Speaker 11: Well, I didn't really expect to get in some of its right off.
Speaker 3: Oh, no worries.
Speaker 11: Take a time, Doc John, Sure, sure, can I come claim with you?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 11: I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 3: No, you're John back from the dead.
Speaker 11: Could be if that's what you like.
Speaker 3: I don't want what i'd like. I want the truth.
Speaker 11: I understand. Well, I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: Now I've come to uh have a charvity today, not not specifically related to the topic. I've just liked some advice and I thought this would be a lot easier than talking to a real you know, Gecker.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, Look, I I I can promise you no satisfaction. I do not have a satisfaction guarantee, as a lot of products and services do, but I will promise you an effort guarantee. I will try my best to give you advice.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: So please please? Uh? What is it? What do you tell me? Everything?
Speaker 11: Okay, So here's the story. Tell me, I've just reconnected with a young lady, not young, but you know right, got it? And you know we'd had a bit of history, high school crush kind of deal.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 11: And yeah, yeah, it's now been five or six years or so, and to complete the story, I liked it for a long time. I got into a relationship. She tried to make something happen, but I'm a you know, moral person, so I didn't go for that.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry, Well I'm real quick, you said she first of all, Doc, John, I'm not quite getting the details of the story. Here's my current understanding of what you're trying to tell me is that you were seeing a girl and you too, is that you dated a girl for five years and then you told me she tried to make something happen, but you're against but because of your moraley, I mean, what is this something?
Speaker 11: My apologies, my my apologies. I was dating a girl, a different girl, and then this girl which I had you know, I had a thing for for many years previously.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've been dating a girl and then a girl who you previously had a crush on wanted to make something happen with you, but you did not want to do that because you are currently in a relationship I was at the time. Yes, okay, so now you're not in a relationship.
Speaker 11: No, and it's been many years. But this is just this is just some background you know of the complexity of what's going on.
Speaker 3: So hit me with the four anyway.
Speaker 11: Uh, we just she's just got to touch again and we've we've seen each other once and it was it was very good.
Speaker 3: You don't sound like you have a problem, Like you've got a good thing going on. You are no longer in a relationship for whatever reason, and now this girl who you liked, who wanted to be with you when you were in a relationship, and you, you know, I think appropriately decided not to do that, but now you're not in a relationship and are not free to free to pursue that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the only problem is now, like you know what and I I know nothing nothing about her.
Speaker 3: Really, you don't know anything about her.
Speaker 13: Not.
Speaker 11: The person she is now.
Speaker 3: Well, Doc John, Doc John, it's get to know her, go on some dates for Christ's sake, Doc John.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that's the plan. However, I feel now like how I felt in high school, and like I want to know, like if I'm chasing something in the past.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful, John, Look, dot John, this person's giving you butterflies. If you're nervous to be with this person, you're nervous to take her on a date and I mean that's good. That means that you have something here. Follow the nerves, John. If you weren't nervous to be with her, then I mean that would be boring, that would not be a relationship worth pursuing. I don't even think so. I think you follow the nerves. It means that you're getting out of your comfort zone. It means that you're attempting something that matters to you.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 3: Let's see, where are you gonna take her? Take her to the bowling?
Speaker 7: What do they do?
Speaker 3: And let's see. It sounds like you're from Taiwan. What do they do in Taiwan?
Speaker 11: Chinese food?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's correct, but listen, doc John, good luck in your romantic pursuits. I'm giving you all of my gecko energy and I appreciate you calling in you.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Australia by the way.
Speaker 10: Represent how come man?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: This is actually is Australia back here. I love you too, Dot John, you have one for us then, I thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 11: Any Thank you.
Speaker 1: All from Anthony.
Speaker 3: Anthony.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, come I own yeah yeah indeed. Uh well, I'm just listening and I don't hate your stream that's what you're wondering. So how are you doing.
Speaker 3: Tonight, Anthony? Yes, yeah, have you ever lied?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tell me about you having lied?
Speaker 5: H I have been thinking about that. I've been watching the entire stream and I just completely got.
Speaker 3: Free to remember.
Speaker 5: Oh here's an easy one. I guess. Like the beginning of high school, freshman year, I started smoking weed.
Speaker 2: I liked my.
Speaker 5: Mom about it like about a year and a half until like I caught, like sophomore year.
Speaker 3: And what was her reaction when you got caught?
Speaker 5: She was okay with that.
Speaker 2: She just.
Speaker 5: Yeah. She asked me why I didn't tell her anything, and I was like, smarter is something to tell I would like.
Speaker 3: With smoking weed. If you're like a kid or whatever, is like I mean, if you're like if I were like a parent and like I had a kid of suk a weed. I'm like, if you if everything else is like going good, I kind of don't care. Like, if you're like if you like get your grades are good and you're chilling and you have a life, you seem like a preductive human being, I kind of don't care. Where where people get sucked up is when they get like addicted to it. And it like fucks them up and like they don't do other things.
Speaker 5: That's that was basically the situation. I don't really smoke weed anymore, but well I haven't like smoking since like, uh like six months ago down there. Uh yeah, I just do it kind of casually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, breaking weed. Was that an intentional decision or did it just kind of fade out into something you didn't do as often?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: Kind of both. I usually took like tolerance breaks every few months. I started getting a little two into it. I would just kind of take a break, you know, but just break kind of lasted longer. I don't really want to go back to it right now. I guess I know.
Speaker 3: It's good life. It's good to take some time off. Sometimes you can smoke weed every day and just not like not even to realize that you're smoking weed every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've had this time well like part parts of the day, I guess, like past midnight. You know, it kind of just gets like that. I think, you know, it's all kind of just a blur sometimes.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. What's your relationship like with your mother?
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm not really too close, you know, a lot in common or anything.
Speaker 3: Really, How would you describe her.
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't know. She's kind of lazy, but also not she doesn't she just watches TV most of the day, kind of drives around and you know sort of thing.
Speaker 3: She's kind of watches TV all day. And how would you describe yourself in contrast?
Speaker 5: Uh, Well, because of the pandemic, I haven't really been able to go see my friends, but I would do that. Most of the time. We hang out, like, uh, go get food and walk around, hang out of the park and stuff, watch TV as well. Uh, I play frisbee and stuff.
Speaker 3: So what you and your mom do not have in common is that you have friends and your mom does not have friends.
Speaker 5: Sort of, I've spend more.
Speaker 3: Time with my friends, I guess, I kind of said.
Speaker 5: And well, when you get older, I guess what it's life for some people.
Speaker 3: Well listen, thank you so much for calling. You said. Your name is Anthony. Yeah, fuck yeah, dude, I actually I'm I should remember that name.
Speaker 5: Well, I have three questions for you, gek or like three things questions. Yeah, they're they're really short, all right, tell me, Okay, the first one, has anyone ever told you that you look like the actor Charlie Day? I was watching your stream like the other night WICKI to wiki or whatever. Yeah, I saw you, like without all the GEK makeup on, you look exactly like that guy, just like with lighter hair.
Speaker 3: I have that I look like that before. I have seen some TikTok comments, some some some twitch kind it's about that. I have seen that before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really freaky. Another one. I've listened to like a lot of the podcasts recently, and I got to like the older ones because I've cleared out all the newer ones. And I noticed that you have like music that played like in between every call. I love that music so much. Why did you remove it?
Speaker 3: When did I remove it?
Speaker 5: I don't know, like the exact one, but probably like after at least the tenth call, our tenth episode.
Speaker 3: Maybe I would not be surprised if there was at least one podcast that I have put out that erroneously does not have music, but there should be.
Speaker 5: All was like the specific music though, it was just like it was great. I vibe with it every in between calls.
Speaker 3: The most recently, the most recent podcast have all used the same music, but in the past I tried to switch it up a little bit more but now I kind of use the same music for everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the last one was like a shout out to like someone that had called before. It was like the first guy that I like, I saw on your stream, like on TikTok. I just want to shout this guy out because like he changed my life almost. You know, it's the guy that he's only in the shower.
Speaker 3: If he's here, Yeah, I wonder if he's watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think about this guy every day, like totally change my worldview like how everything works.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't do it.
Speaker 5: I seriously consider it though, every time I go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, it's inspiring to listen to someone you really going out of the way to live their life their own way intentionally.
Speaker 5: He was really it seemed like he was on a new way of life.
Speaker 3: Okay, I hope he's I hope he's I hope he's doing Okay. I hope he's not dead. He could be dead. I haven't heard from while. I hope he's not though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he's listening calling, I'll be listening to the stream. And I love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Anceeny, thank you ye have a good night, all right.
Speaker 5: I love you gre love you.
Speaker 3: Too, baby.
Speaker 1: All from Aiden Aiden?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, Hey, how you doing? Hello?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm doing all right, just all right.
Speaker 3: I think that's actually reasonable to be doing just all right. I'll be concerned if you were doing fantastically. I mean I can be doing amazing, you can be. Are you in a car right now? Hi?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 10: Am am?
Speaker 3: I on speakerphone? What's happening? Where am I? Right now?
Speaker 5: You're on speaker?
Speaker 2: Could I have a second to put my ears in?
Speaker 5: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's let's do it. Let's get illegal in here. I'll wait, I've got anything else going on. This is what I played. This is when I woke up this morning. I fully planned on being a gay. I fully planned that at eleven twenty six pm this evening, I would be exactly where I am right now, in this chair as a get go, talking to people on the phone. So this is actually according to plan fully, So don't don't worry about it. Don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: I solid imad Are they in ie?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Where are we? Where in the where in the car are we? What state?
Speaker 2: I am in? California?
Speaker 3: And where are we on our way to or.
Speaker 2: From home from work?
Speaker 3: Home from work? And where do you work?
Speaker 2: I'm work at game Stop?
Speaker 4: Ed where game Stop?
Speaker 3: Did they pay you in stock?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: Did you invest in game Stop?
Speaker 2: I got it or I wanted to, but it was a little too late for me to get in m.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's not. Apparently it just squows a little bit more. But I don't know how that shit works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not I'm not very smart, so I don't really know.
Speaker 3: You're not very smart.
Speaker 2: I'd say I more street smart than financially or book smart.
Speaker 3: What makes you say that you're streets What makes you say that you're street smart?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just have had a lot of life experiences and kind of taught me a lot. And I feel like I think a little bit more rationally than most people that I've met, So I feel like I can make logical decisions a lot easier than most people.
Speaker 3: Interesting, tell me, tell me of these life's decisions that you feel as though have inspired your street smartness, Which would you say is the most vital, the one that has inspired your street smartness the most?
Speaker 16: If you can pick, probably the day I decided to move out of my dad's time at the age.
Speaker 3: Of seventeen, at the age of what did they teach you?
Speaker 16: It taught me that life is more than just go to school and come home, or go to work and come home. It's a lot more about relationships than dealing with a bunch of shit you don't want to Hm, that's.
Speaker 3: A rather pessimistic viewpoint.
Speaker 2: I'd say it's a little bit more of a realistic viewpoint.
Speaker 3: I mean, it makes they always that's what they always say. I guess, yeah, But then again, I mean, look, perception is I mean, I'm about to sound like a new share but all right, perception is reality. Yeah, so if you perceive things optimistically, then you're a realist. But if you perceive things pessimistically, you're also a realist. So matter what thing you are, you're a realist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a very good point. I don't really think about it like that.
Speaker 3: What get do people have a prank? Call you gay? When I was in when I was fourteen, I prank called game Stop all the time because it was the one place that a human being always picked up, like if I wanted to call, like if I tried to call Target or some shit it was always the robot or you had to like go to a bunch of shit to get to a human. But GameStop it was immediately always a human. So they were the easiest people to prank call. So I'd print call them a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, we we used to get a lot of print calls a couple uh years ago, but the print calls nowadays, they're kind of weak, to be honest, like, people don't really I don't really try. It's always like, oh, you have g Like, I mean, that's not really a print call.
Speaker 3: Dude, do you have what six?
Speaker 2: Do you have GTA six? And I'm like, that's not really a print call, you know, Like that's that's what you being done.
Speaker 3: No, I would prank call game stoff and I would just go ah and I would hang up.
Speaker 2: That's a prank call. I would love to take that.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. All right, Where where do you work? I'll call you?
Speaker 2: Uh should I display that they area? I'll just say, I'll say Bay area, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'll come in. I don't really play video games anymore. I only play I only played one video game, but it's like twenty years old, Green Skid, No Melee.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, okay, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have that.
Speaker 2: Probably one of the best. No, we don't.
Speaker 3: Would you say?
Speaker 6: Name was.
Speaker 2: Aiden? Aiden?
Speaker 3: Aiden?
Speaker 15: How?
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 3: How long have we been on the phone for? There's no way you aren't There's no way you haven't got gotten home yet.
Speaker 2: My commute is an hour and a half both way.
Speaker 3: You commute an hour and a half to work at game stop? Why?
Speaker 2: That's the question. That's kind of why I'm calling.
Speaker 3: Is there not a game stop closer to you?
Speaker 2: There is, but I'm not working under the leader who leads that district?
Speaker 3: Okay, well why do you? Why do you work it?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 3: Why do you? Why do you commute so far?
Speaker 2: Because it's kind of the whole I dug myself into and I can't find a way out right now, so I just kind of deal with it.
Speaker 3: Let's go. What's your lease looking like? How much more you got on there?
Speaker 2: I it's actually a month to month, like I can move whenever I want, But you know, the bunny and the timing has got to be right.
Speaker 14: What U?
Speaker 3: It's month to month?
Speaker 4: What used to do?
Speaker 3: How many? How many months in a row have you commuted an hour and a half to game stop.
Speaker 2: Uh, probably a year and a half.
Speaker 3: Now what why.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't get out man, No, nobody wants to. Well, I can't move out today area you know out here in California, man, like not too much? Doesn't pay me enough to live out there?
Speaker 3: Hell, but you can't. But you can't find the place that's but the cheap. You can't find a place for a similar price that's less than by the way, I mean, have you got like on gas on time? Uh? I feel like you can move a little bit closer. You really couldn't find the place closer than an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I really wish I could say yes. But the most the cheapest one that I've been able to find is reach to four hundred dollars more than what I'm paying for now, and that does not fit my budget.
Speaker 3: I almost feel like, I mean, I don't know what gas prices around in LA, but I almost feel like you might even be spending more on gas, like enough on gas to justify it. Have you have you done that?
Speaker 9: Many?
Speaker 1: Have?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Three hours a day is a lot.
Speaker 2: It is a lot. No, you're you're absolutely ready. I mean the thing is, though, like I got to spend that money to get out here, to make money, to save money, to not have to spend so much money on gas. So it's it's almost like a double edged sword. I got to spend the money to get out there, and I don't really have the opportunity to save the money to not go out there.
Speaker 3: Dude, I don't know. I mean, look, obviously you've done the craigslisting and the googling and I haven't. But there's no I feel like you can find a place for a decent price.
Speaker 2: Maybe I also looked a little bit harder. It's possible, but I mean when I when I initially took the position and looked, it wasn't there. Just wasn't in the cards, so I.
Speaker 5: Just didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Are you a manager?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty sweet. Do you play video games?
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, good luck, Adrian Aiden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I.
Speaker 3: Feel bad leaving you. You probably still have an hour left to go.
Speaker 2: Forty five minutes. Not bad, but I'm watching your streams so it gives me something to do. Well.
Speaker 3: Well, good luck, Thank you, sir. Have a good night, of course, you have a good night.
Speaker 9: Never goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, never goes to any times, teaching you Cloud in the of your Life's not really an expert.