Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong and.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation. But boy, do we have some big stuff for you. Yes, indeed we do. And if you want to catch up on your ang listening during your travels, remember grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts. No On with the infotainment And this week is always Fat Tuesday.
Speaker 4: In Marty Gras happening in New Orleans, and I just saw some Marty Grass revelers down there. Cyber truck had pulled up on the street and there was a tremendous amount of booing going on, and I just thought that was interesting that that is like seen as an I was gonna say a vehicle, but it's actually a vehicle, so using it as a here's the sound doing a cyber truck pulling truck. Oh, the music plays it. It's in the background. Women are showing their boobs for.
Speaker 2: Needs.
Speaker 4: Yet it's still time to do the leader of DOGE because you hate cutbacks and spending.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: Wasteful spending, idiotic spending, that's just tribal signaling.
Speaker 2: Oga booga, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of that sort of thing. Oh Michael, are you giving up playing chest for lint? I am, yes, no more chabulous. So one of the themes that the President is in his speech last night was getting rid of a bunch of woke crap and transgender this and that.
Speaker 2: Which I thought was terrific.
Speaker 3: And we'll play some highlights in I don't know, twenty minutes, half an hour or something like that, but I thought a couple of things were very interesting, one more newsy and one more philosophical.
Speaker 2: But first of all, the newsy thing.
Speaker 3: For the last decade, the establishment media have touted advocates claims as fact that we have roughly fifteen thousand transgender people serving in the US military. If you're not familiar with the term, it means a person of one sex pretending to be the other sex. Wow, and over and over again, I've heard the fifteen thousand numbers and thought, damn, that's a lot. I know, believe it, but yeah, I was. I didn't either, but I had no idea what to think. But this week President Donald Trump's Pentagon revealed that the number is about forty two hundred service members, which is still a hell of a lot, but it's just over one quarter of what they were claiming. This adds up to one transgender person for every five hundred service members in a military of two point one million active in reserve members. I am surprised that it is that many, and I'd be curious as to what is going on psychosocially that would.
Speaker 4: That would cause that. I mean, you talk about ridiculous tribalism. I came across Bill Crystal's tweet last night. Most of you don't know who he is. He used to be one of my favorite pundits. He is a hardcore conservative, like in the classic style. His dad, Irving Crystal founded I think the Weekly Standard, one of the great writers of conservatism, and Bill Crystal carried that on and then Bill Crystal hated.
Speaker 2: It, called Berry Goldwater a moderate.
Speaker 4: Bill Crystal who used to be on you know, like meet the Press and face a nation and arguing for conservatives all these years. He hated Trump so much he went over with the people that formed the Bulwark, and they have become a grift machine. And they've just figured out that if they say bad things about Republicans that they can make a lot of money. And this is what Bill Crystal tweeted out last night. Stand with trans Americans. You don't have to understand everything about the transgender experience to know that Trump's act of humiliation and dehumanization are unjust and dangerous. You've lost your mind just because he hasn't lost his mind, he's become so cynical. He just thinks, you know what, it's all a game. Anyway, screw it. There are enough of these people out there if I take this angle, they'll continue to you know, donate money to us and read our stuff and give us clicks, and I'll make a look whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give the converts. Everybody wants to celebrate the converts.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yeah. Wow. That is some cynical crack.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of which, those of us who aren't cynical have looked at the world around us, and and I think a lot of you probably understand that the hard core activists in the Woke Thing are neo Marxists, and the Woke Thing is just an excuse to say, you're in charge of this institution, but you're a racist, and I can prove it with my anti racist theories, and obviously we can't have a racist in charge, so now I'm in charge. It's a method of conquest. It takes over institutions, be they you know, schools or government departments or whatever. We get the hardcore doing that, the people who want to be nice people and they go along with it. This is the useful idiots, and they are legion in their numbers, and often it's young people because young people are easy to indoctrinate.
Speaker 2: The problem with that term is that Lenin's term, I think it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, John Lennon, no v I Lenin. The problem with that term is that it's obviously quite insulting. It's not a good way to explain to someone that they maybe are being used for a purpose that they do not agree with.
Speaker 2: If you call them an idiot, right, you make a good point.
Speaker 3: Let's go with useful morons instead useful halfwits. No, it's it's actually one of the better impulses in humankind, which is what I'm leading toward.
Speaker 2: It's long been known that all.
Speaker 3: The intelligence agencies and governments of the world are interested in influencing people to believe certain things to support certain programs or certain governments. I mean, that's that's obvious, right, Propaganda, the Hitler Youth to the malt Se Tongue and his Red Guard, just all sorts of programs like that.
Speaker 2: And a guy who's been studying this his whole life.
Speaker 3: His name is a Jason Christoff, and he did a presentation recently that was hosted by Senator Ron Johnson speaking of rock ribbed Conservatives, and he explained how mind control is easy to execute because human beings are essentially walking psyops.
Speaker 2: He said he quote he said me.
Speaker 3: Medic programming, which is the process of having someone learn to imitate patterns and behaviors, is routinely used in Hollywood films and by powerful corporations and governments.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: Mind control works on the subconscious, and the subconscious is something that loves us and wants.
Speaker 2: To protect us.
Speaker 3: And it's in the realm of activity, similar to your heart beating. So there are things you understand as a human being that you're not in control of.
Speaker 2: Their instinctive.
Speaker 3: Your subconscious mind is always looking to establish what the bigger group of humans is doing, and so it is responsive to repetitive content. Simply put, people are always looking to learn what a larger group is doing and fit in, meaning that repeated messages can be enormously powerful. You know, obviously we're just talking about conformity here. All sales organizations know this sure. Quoting again from mister Christoff. The reason the subconscious does this is because it knows that most humans like other humans who act, talk and think like they do, and all the subconscious nuh, and all your subconscious know that it's safer to bond with a bigger group. To break this mind control technique down further, your subconscious automatically absorbs repetitive content and forces people to adopt ideas as their own.
Speaker 2: Your reptile brain is telling.
Speaker 3: You you decided this on your own, to go along with the crowd, because, for whatever reason, that works better with humans.
Speaker 2: It's more adaptive.
Speaker 3: As they say in anthropology, that's why, for.
Speaker 4: Example, do any of my beliefs come from my own thinking? Or is this all just because I was surrounded by it?
Speaker 3: I think sometimes the best you can do is be intellectually honest and examine your beliefs and test them now and again and try the other ideas. But anyway, that's a great other topic.
Speaker 2: What time is it? Yeah, we're good, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: This is why, for example, at a party where there's a lot of alcohol being served and consumed, people can feel nervous saying no when offer to drink. Quote, if you dare say no in opposition of the most repetitive content, your nervous system will make you feel extremely uneasy and full of anxiety, and it will also reward you for going along with it, putting your neurology at peace and calm. In the feeling of calmness, then wow. So there's more to peer pressure than.
Speaker 2: Meets the eye.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, It's not weakness, it's it's anthropologically adaptive. The problem is, you know, unless you're an alcoholic, you're gonna be fine having a drink, or unless somebody is trying to feed your roofy and rape you or something like that. Usually fine, Bill Cosby's house or oh right, exactly. In short, but if there is an insidious group bent on evil utilizing these truths intentionally and aggressively, you get an entire generation of young people walking around. So saying it's not wrong to have a man in a woman's sport, even though he whoops the hell out of the women and takes all the titles. It's not wrong to have a man in a women's prison because that man says he's a woman. They come up with an idea as ludicrous is that a man who says he's a woman is actually a woman.
Speaker 4: And then certainly things that are easier to go for. I won't say fall four like hearing about climate change every class you're ever in your whole life, right.
Speaker 3: Christoph actually touched on the COVID nineteen pandemic in the response, said, media out let's push highly similar similar narratives to quote unquote control people, influencing them to stay at home. Mind control is the basis of all advertising, and the governments have been proven to be using the same group dynamic application against the public. He pointed to examples such as the UK's Behavioral Insights Team informally known as the Nudge Unit. Have you ever heard of this? No, It's a former government organization now run by a chair which uses behavioral insights to change people's behavior, for example, by changing messaging to make people more likely to pay their.
Speaker 2: Taxes on time. Wow.
Speaker 3: Christoff believes such tactics have been used to drive social changes for decades, with depictions of large nuclear families on screen diminishing since the nineteen fifties in favor of less conventional families with fewer children, among other things. And corporations use similar strategies.
Speaker 2: But we're running out of time. But you get the idea.
Speaker 3: And I've often said, you don't need to do what the culture is doing because a lot of that is designed by people who do not have your best interests in mind.
Speaker 2: So maybe the only.
Speaker 3: Great takeaway from this is if you find yourself wanting to conform, understand that that is your animal brain being used, often by evil people to try to get you to behave in a certain way.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joey The Armstrong and Getty Show, thee arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: So my thirteen year old, and it matters what his age is. Apparently wanted to open a checking account at the bank or an account at the bank because he's got enough money built up from allowances and birthdays and Christmases, and he doesn't spend his money like his brother does. He saves it because he wants to be able to put it toward a car someday and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So he's got a decent sized chunk.
Speaker 4: Of money added up over the years, and he'd been keeping it in a shoe box. And so he's going to open an account. And I remember when I opened an account when I was probably about his age. I started mowing lawns when I was twelve thirteen and accumulating money and opening a bank account.
Speaker 2: On the passage. I remember it myself.
Speaker 4: On the way to the bank, I did say to him, I said, you know, I haven't I haven't been around the idea of opening an account for a bank in four something like that. So I don't know if the rules have changed, but so in case something happens, but anyway, we should we get it there sure enough.
Speaker 2: And so we're trying to open this account and everything like that.
Speaker 4: And first of all, many banks everything is I don't know if it's because the government comes down on them so hard or something like that. They treat everybody like you're a want to be terrorist, Like everything.
Speaker 2: You do, it's like, jeez, lighten up.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he needs to have two forms of ID is where we ran into the roadblock. I said, what is a form of ID for a thirteen year old?
Speaker 3: He said, and they said, well, your Social Security card is birth certificate? Okay, great, So I said, the fact that I'm his dad isn't good enough. I can't vouch for the fact that he's my son and I have an account here and have had for twenty five years and open an account for him.
Speaker 4: I can't do that, and no, we need to. And I said, is that a bank policy or the state law or what is that? Because I was thinking, if it's a bank policy, I'll go to a different bank.
Speaker 3: But uh, it's a federal law. It's part of the Patriot Act. I said, oh, of course.
Speaker 4: And he said, well, it's a federal I said, you don't need to explain the federal government to me.
Speaker 2: And I hate the federal government, I said.
Speaker 3: And then the guy looked at me like I was Oh. He got wide eyed, like, oh, you're one of those people. You're Timothy McVeigh, you're you're you're one of those people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly I've heard about them.
Speaker 4: I said, I hate the federal government. The Patriot Act's ridiculous. This is ridiculous. The fact that I can't open a bank account for a thirteen year old, and as his parent, I got I gotta prove who he is because you can't take my word for the fact that he's my child.
Speaker 3: Makes me child, say money laundering, little mule for your militia, whatever you want to call him. The Patriot Act was so much I was trying to explain it to her. He was so much crap that they jammed through. It's all because of nine to eleven. So you're gonna stop the next nine to eleven by making sure thirteen year olds don't open illegal bank accounts. I guess whatever, even though their parent, who you know, is sitting right there. I hate stuff like that, and the and the but they were there. Their eyes got so wide when I hate the said I hate the federal government.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking, if I was doing this same thing in my in my where I went to college in Hayes, Kansas, and I said I hate the federal government, the teller would have said, yeah, me too, don't.
Speaker 2: You high five job.
Speaker 3: Came end of that, brother, But that just being oh my god, you shouldn't she said, oh she even she gasped the woman gasped, and her boss just looked at me white.
Speaker 2: I'd like, oh, were we about to have a fight. Oh man, you have to have two pieces of id even though he's my kid. I just found that amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, here's here's the guy who retweets my quotes. Get ready to jot this one down and get it right?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 3: Anytime the government says there's an emergency, there are two emergencies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but actually exactly.
Speaker 4: And I actually told my son because he was one or he was really like, is that something you can't say out loud?
Speaker 2: I said, I told him.
Speaker 4: The most revered Republican president of the last maybe century, Ronald Reagan, ran on the scariest words in the English language are I'm here from the I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you.
Speaker 3: I mean, he ran on, I hate the government. Or I just saw a clip this morning. The government isn't the solution. Government is the problem.
Speaker 4: And the woman who was typing furiously after I said that, because she was so horrified that anybody would say that, I said, you know, all the money in my account I made that by going on the radio every day and saying I hate the government I make my living.
Speaker 3: By the way, if the Justice Department is listening, or the FDIC, right, the CIA, the NSA, if I'm happy to testify against this monster.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I'm on some sort of terrorist watch list now, yes, Michael.
Speaker 3: So wonder they didn't hit the silent alarm on you and then you know, cops show up or something.
Speaker 2: I would have been.
Speaker 4: I would have loved to talk to people and explain why it's okay for me to say I hate the government.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, We've got to surveill him for a while and go through his mail and monitor his phone calls. We've got the NSA working on it already. What I hate is the manager guy acting like it makes sense that we have a law that I can't vouch for my kid being my kid.
Speaker 4: That just seems perfectly reasonable to me. Two forms of ID for a child right when their parents is there.
Speaker 3: How about he says his name, then I say his name? Is that two forms of ID? And if not, what the hell has the world?
Speaker 2: Because I know am Strong.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for a gender bending madness updates.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I kept hearing about this thing called the loco. We're a brave genm. We call it around here gender bending madness. Can we start with the positive or the negative.
Speaker 3: Let's start with negative and then we'll move through positive, then go to neutral and back to negative again.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, right?
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's start with the fact that the Trevor Project, which is an organization dedicated quote to advocacy, education, and crisis support for LGBTQ plus minus over the Power three young people, has partnered with a bunch of major corporations to get gigantic donations. What does the Trevor Project do. I'm sure they do some stuff that's just fine. It includes counseling sessions, a crisis hotline, LGBTQ plus minus over the Power three, training for cultural competency, and Trevor Space, an online community where adults communicate with miners about sexual fetishes like bondage and medicalized gender related interventions. To its own website, Trevor Space remains active has over four hundred thousand users from the ages of thirteen through twenty four, one hundred thousand. Wyss Macy's major donor. Just going to scroll through these Abercrombie and Fetch Padco, Big Trevor Project sponsor I Buy Direct.
Speaker 4: Yes, they jumped on this couple of years ago when they thought they had to.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess, but they're still doing it through this year.
Speaker 3: Huge donations knock around a sunglasses company, conscious Step, a sock company, if jewelry company, Pua Vita, guest watches and more.
Speaker 4: If this raises in people's consciousness, a lot of those companies will back out and say we no longer believe in weighing on political issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, maybe that'd be a good thing. So yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when the United States Department of Health and Human Services put out a report that joined Great Britain and the Netherlands and France and virtually all of Europe in saying that the quality of research on so called gender affirming care for minors is very, very low. There is nothing to support that intervening when children are momentarily confused is a good idea.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to support that.
Speaker 3: Well, the treasurer the Trevor Project condemned that report as dangerous misinformation. Transgender status is an immutable trait like eye color or height, and using language that suggests otherwise perpetuates falsehoods and stereotypes, says the good.
Speaker 2: Folks at the Trevor Project.
Speaker 3: All right, speaking of transgenderism, this is our man of the Year, the gender bending Madness Man of the Year, Daviana formerly David clip thirty. Michael, think you might be interested in what this bloke has to say.
Speaker 5: I am a forty seven year old biological man. I am been on hormones for a year, a little over year. I just had my moves done. I've had one facial surgery. I am not going to have bottom surgery. I'm going to do one more face surgery on the bottom of my chin. I am transitioning to look as much like a female.
Speaker 2: As I can.
Speaker 5: That's the way I've wanted to be my whole life. I understand that I cannot ever be a biological female. For those of you people that cannot define what a female is, realize that you're part of the problem. Okay, a female is someone who was born a female with X chromosomes and can have babies and so on and so forth. So the idiots out there that say that some men can have babies because they're transmit well that's because they're a biological women.
Speaker 2: So let's stop all the nonsense and stop all the bullshit.
Speaker 4: Wow, so that's a guy who's on our side a lot of that stuff, but yet getting facial reconstruction surgery.
Speaker 2: And boob jobs and the rest of it. Yeah, he wants to look like a woman. What an nswer to which you know is you're right?
Speaker 4: I guess I think you're tell you brother, I think when you start operating on your jawline to get a different shape, you're into mental health territory.
Speaker 3: But I would agree, But at least he knows what a woman is. Yeah, yeah, anything. People are crazy who think that women men can have babies.
Speaker 2: Speaking of crazy, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: In the formerly sane, hardworking city of Chicago, madness has taken root.
Speaker 2: Garretini of Fox News, reporting thirty.
Speaker 6: Drag story time for kids two to five years old, drew a crowd of more than one hundred supporters today outside of Chicago Public Library branch on the city's north side, drowning out a handful of protesters calling for the event to be canceled.
Speaker 7: They have an issue because they have men and women's clothing. I've known drag queens for a long time. They teach kids more about life than some of these right wingers do.
Speaker 3: Wow, they teach kids more about life than some of these right wingers do. Wow, that's a powerful argument.
Speaker 4: Well that's from a person who probably because this crowd them around.
Speaker 2: Some of these people, they're.
Speaker 3: So obsessed with sex and gender stuff that is life to them.
Speaker 2: So they are right.
Speaker 4: If you define life as never doing anything else but discussing sex and gender and sexual activity, then yes, you do teach kids more about life than right wingers do. We're kind of bigger on like math and reading and learning a skill and morality and don't steal and be nice to people stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And knowing which sex has babies.
Speaker 6: Next clip Beyond Today's drag Story Times Chicago Public libraries Pride Month events includes intergenerational queer art making events with identity affirming stations, and story time with the controversial group Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence that features queer men wearing heavy makeup dressed as nuns.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 6: Protesters say these kind of events, supported with taxpayer dollars, are just wrong, and drag.
Speaker 1: Is just inappropriate and doesn't because it's bad.
Speaker 2: Moth does not give you the permission to do it.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, all of the protesters featured on the special report report were black folks.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the black community, the spanning community, they don't dig this stuff.
Speaker 2: So where was it?
Speaker 4: I know it was happening in Chicago, but that was that attached to a school or a library.
Speaker 2: Public library at the Chicago Public Library.
Speaker 4: So that's where the federal tax or the tax money comes in, right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You remember that brainiac with his argument about the drag Queen's teach kids more about life.
Speaker 2: See how you like this bit of logic.
Speaker 6: The library is defending its Pride Month events, telling a local outlet, the library represents the entire city, including the LGBTQ community and transactivists say, anyone who has a problem with these kinds of events doesn't have to show up. This is about freedom to parent how you want.
Speaker 7: So it's not about the that you see at adult shows.
Speaker 8: This is somebody in a ball gown sitting down reading stories to cast.
Speaker 3: All right, So what I wanted to get to is the part about if you don't like it, don't show up. So if I don't know the Klan, we're indoctrinating kids into a perverse ideology. At the local library. Hey, if you don't like it, don't show up. You don't need to go that far.
Speaker 4: With an example, how about if you had people who just believed marriages between a man and a woman, they're gonna have a big event.
Speaker 2: You're gonna allow that at the library. I doubt it.
Speaker 3: The truth of God is revealed in the Bible, right, we're gonna teach kids that at the library.
Speaker 2: If you don't like it, don't show up.
Speaker 3: No, you would go aps you, you lying crazed simpletons.
Speaker 2: Finally, this which is named the Crazed Simpletons.
Speaker 3: Oh please, we're gonna rehearse tonight for the first time my living room. This is We mentioned this yesterday. It is so weird and disappointing. Griff Jenkins here.
Speaker 2: It was vemous because I think venom is all. The other side really.
Speaker 9: Has an Olympic sized feuds barked by seven times gold medalists Simone Biles busting US swimmer Riley Gaines for calling foul on a Minnesota high school women's softball team winning a state title with a biological male pitcher. You're truly sick all of this campaigning because you lost a race. Biles wrote, adding straight up sore loser, you should be uplifting the trans community, even appearing to body shame Gains in another post, telling her to bully someone your own size, which would ironically be a male.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we read those yesterdays.
Speaker 4: I can't believe Simone Biles said that somebody who's competed at the highest level of athletics to say you're just mad because you lost it is really surprising to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the idea that, yeah, a male ballplayer dominated the girls and that's cool with you, Riley or I'm sorry, Simone.
Speaker 4: Hey, Katie, you're an athlete. Did you play softball?
Speaker 2: I did not. You did not. I played basketball.
Speaker 4: Do you think if a dude was playing on a they ever played co ed basketball?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had to scrimmage the boys and there were a lot of injuries there.
Speaker 4: And did you notice any advantages the boys had over the girls in terms of speed or height or strength?
Speaker 2: A couple, Yeah, all of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Roland Michael Gaines fired back, resurfacing a twenty seventeen Biles tweet that read, good thing, guys don't compete against girls, or he'd take all the gold medals, and she questioned Biles' potential success had she been forced to compete with biological myth. If Simone's inclusive dream came true, she would have zero Olympic medals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Simone Biles literally tweeted of a male gymnast who is doing amazing things.
Speaker 2: Good, good thing.
Speaker 3: They don't compete against us because they're way bigger and stronger. And she's this is a great because she's a fairly bright person.
Speaker 2: From what I've seen.
Speaker 3: This is a next bookcase of ideology blinding someone to reality.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure she's immersed in people who think the same way, so she assumes that she's on the popular side of this. You're not right, And I liked Riley Gaines blast about Okay, do the rings?
Speaker 2: Then? Why is that just a male sport? The rings?
Speaker 4: Why is that not the girls? Because it takes incredible upper body strength.
Speaker 3: And the final clip, which is great, but I need to apologize in advance. There is something shocking here, something people will not want to hear. And that's the name Tim Walls again for some reason, just when you thought he'd gone away for good.
Speaker 9: The War of Words follows a lawsuit filed in Minnesota on behalf of three female softball players, calling the transgender pitcher a violation of Title nine. The White House weighing in saying President Trump is protecting women in sports and restoring common sense. Of Minnesota Governor Tim Walls is defending politicians who stand with transgender athletes.
Speaker 5: Shame on any of us who throws a chance child under the bus for thinking.
Speaker 4: They're going to.
Speaker 3: Shame for throwing a trans child under the bus. Now, they can be on the bus or next to the bus, or in front of the bus or behind the bus. They just can't be on a sports field competing against girls because they're dudes.
Speaker 2: Tim, You moron. Oh is that crowd that cheered like that? Yeah? I know, I know.
Speaker 3: The one thing that's become that's so reassuring though to me now is all of the polls that have been done show this is an eighty twenty issue, right, And so I hear that cheering and think it wow. I mean, granted, that's a very blue pocket of America, but you found yourself some real out there radical believers who cheer that garbage. Tell you what it's folks, it's gender bending madness.
Speaker 8: Armstrong, Hetty, the armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: How this.
Speaker 8: Stuff?
Speaker 7: Anyway, back to Kate, this is this is just a silly story that I had actually forgotten about until this conversation came up. One of my top favorite bosses of all time. And I think you know him, Paul Hawsley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a good dude. I love him.
Speaker 7: So I get off the air in San Francisco and he comes into the into the studio and he goes, hey, Katie, I need to talk to you in my office for a second. And he is stone serious, and I'm thinking, oh boy, what did I say, What did I do?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 7: So I go into his office and he sits me down and he goes, so, what is going on with your car? What exactly My reaction, I'm like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You get out of your car like a dude, and it's just weird. Yes, it's off.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was it. And he goes, you're the pictures on your car? And I'm like, the pictures on my car? The only thing I have on my car is a Blink one eighty two sticker on my window. And he goes, okay, let's let's go to the garage.
Speaker 2: So and the license plate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we walked down to the garage and we go to the back of my car, which is parked right next to the elevator, and at this time it shows so this is like ten thirty in the morning, okay, all over the back of my car, below the windshield or below the windshield so I couldn't see it, are triple X porn photos ripped out.
Speaker 2: Of the magazine.
Speaker 10: Oh like like oh taped on their taped to the back of my car like and is and we know what sex is play, I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, boy bleeps at hand.
Speaker 7: So yep, it went all the way up to just about as triple X as you can get. And I mortified. I'm I looked a him on like Paul I have. Keep in mind, my drive to San Francisco was about thirty five minutes, So I drove from home over the bridge into San Francisco with this.
Speaker 2: On the back of my car. Oh okay.
Speaker 7: So I go into my text messages because I hadn't checked him. People used to text message me at ungodly hours, and I see a text from one of my friends that says, hope you have a good work morning. And I knew I from this the second I saw it. And went this, dick, it was him. He came up and walked to my house and he taped these things to the back of my car. So Paul and I had a little bit of a laugh about it. We go back up into his office and Paul goes, hey, let's call your friend.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, So I call him. I call him and I start, you know, fake crying.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Ryan, dude, my boss, really, my.
Speaker 2: Boss would like to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is this is the appropriate vengeance, This isomfortable, this is justice.
Speaker 7: So Paul has him on speaker phone and he goes, Hi, Ryan, this is this is Katie's program director here in San Francisco, and I just wanted to discuss the images that you put on the back of her car. We actually have security from the building here as well. And you could hear Ryan going oh no, no, no, and then Paul start busting up laughing. But anyway, that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: The reason this story came up is because we were talking about the weirdest reasons we've ever been called into our boss's office, and my brain went, oh my god, that happened.
Speaker 4: Oh that is that is a good way to get back at somebody though.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 7: God, Oh it was mortifying anyway.
Speaker 3: If you are doing this job and you get called into the boss's office and you're not fast forwarding through everything you said in your head, you're not doing the job right.
Speaker 2: Right, It's a it was a short walk to Paul's office.
Speaker 7: But I'm going, Okay, what did I I did this news story a comment.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I had no idea at all, wed go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say, we've like had serious stressful issues with people, completely freaked out and pissed off some of them performatively about things we've said. And I'd say two of the three I never saw coming.
Speaker 4: No, I was gonna say, every time I've gotten in trouble for saying something, it's like something I didn't even remember. I say edgy things sometimes and they go, oh boy, that might get me in trouble. That's not the one. It's the thing I didn't even think of for some reason that it usually ends up with the TV cameras outside the radio station.
Speaker 3: And then there is I need to come up with a name for it. It's like my white whale. It's the one thing I said once that I thought, that's it. I've ended my career. I shouldn't have said that. Whoops, And I was. I was. I was virtually certain it would be devastating, and nothing ever came of it. And you can ply me with booze. You can put me on the rack, give my boy, you can, or a handy or the other thing.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing might get me. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Try it, but I gotta go to church. I need to get to go to church and have my ears washed out. And I will never admit it. I will never repeat it. It will not be repeated.
Speaker 4: Had one time we angered the Asians, and every TV station sent their Asian girl reporter to the radio station to.
Speaker 3: And that was the funny part of it. And we've seen that sort of thing. If you say something insensitive about like affirmative action for black people or something like that, all of a sudden you find out every station in town happens to have a black reporter too. Wow, when they're reporting on this story, it's hilarious once you become aware of it.
Speaker 2: It's it's like one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Italian Americans are angered at the cancelation.
Speaker 2: Of the parade. We go to Luigi Praconi for a report, Come on
Speaker 8: Armstrong and Getty