Speaker 1: From Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: PHP one and only, world famous Perez.
Speaker 1: Perez Hilton.
Speaker 2: Everybody, welcome to the PHP. My name would be Booker, his name would be Perez.
Speaker 1: What is doing? Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey are upsetting a lot of people. I'll let you know why. Coming up. Also, Kendrick Lamar has been chosen to headline the upcoming Super Bowl halftime show, and opinions are very divided. We'll share ours. Plus, Lama del Rey is a liar. Also some truly shocking Jennifer Lopez news and somebody we like rarely talk about which always excites me. Jessica Simpson. Something nefarious is going on with her and more. But first, I did something this weekend that I rarely do. I got hungover and I don't even know how it happened. Like that's the weird thing, Like how did that happen? Because I'm usually really good about pacing myself, and I felt fine leaving this party that I was at.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the whole idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt fine. And then I wake up the next morning and I'm like, I'm still drunk and I had slept nine hours. I slept nine hours. I was still drunk. I felt like shit, I couldn't function, so I went back to sleep. I was up for an hour. I went back to sleep for two more hours.
Speaker 2: I text him because they made the announcement really early about Kendrick Lamar, which we'll get to. But uh, He's like thanks, I'm still in bed, and I'm like it's ten am, Like what the hell?
Speaker 1: I went to the opening night of this news show here in Vegas, disco show at the Link. It's always extra fun when they have a theme and people are encouraged to dress on themes. It was a disco party, disco ats higher and it felt like Halloween almost like I fucking love Halloween. And the show was a lot of fun. And seeing all of my Vegas friends in one place was a lot of fun, so a plus. And then also this weekend I went to go see Beetlejuice. I was not the only one. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice is the actual title far exceeded expectations, made about one hundred and ten million dollars at the box office. It was the first film that I had seen in the theaters in thirteen months. The last time was the Barbie Movie. So I was just happy to be back because I love going to the movies, and God, for every possible reason, I'm just so much happier in Las Vegas, La. People go to the movies all the time, and the tickets are fucking expensive. I was able to get four tickets to the movie theaters here in Vegas for forty six dollars in one cent. Wow. Yeah, La, it's like eighteen dollars without taxes and search charges.
Speaker 2: For one fucking ticketing and everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, free parking, free parking, and forty six dollars for four tickets. So the movie, well, actually you love that Catherine O'Hara, right, because you have Shit's Creek. That actually annoyed me a little bit because I kept watching it and I'm like, I'm watching Moira from Shit's Creek.
Speaker 2: Oh really, it's.
Speaker 1: Almost like the same character, same kind of character. Yeah. Yeah, but it was. It was enjoyable. The best analogy is it's like eating a Snickers bar as an adult. You can enjoy it, but it's not as delicious as you remember it as a kid. Right. So I still liked the movie. I would recommend it, but it wasn't like Wow, it didn't blow me Away. It wasn't spectacular, but it was enjoyable. The best thing about it was really Tim Burton. When you see a Tim Burton movie, you're like, wow, this is a Tim Burton movie. He's just so talented and creates the world.
Speaker 2: He takes you somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I love that. And that was my weekend. How was yours?
Speaker 2: Mine was fantastic. I didn't do shit, it was great nice. I cooked a lot. There was a birthday party at my house, so I hosted that yesterday, and I got like at park this week. I'm going to go check out the show with the new lead singer on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about them later.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Okay, we'll talk about that coming up then.
Speaker 1: All right. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey had a very busy weekend in New York City. Yesterday they were at the US Open, the tennis tournament, and very public, not hidden inside of a box. They were there out on full display. And I thought most people would be like me, excited to see them having a good time in love, hugging and caressing and kissing and dancing and singing. But no, a lot of people are fucking haters. And angry that they're like shoving their relationship down our throats and it's showing your showing off, Like, we get it, you're in a relationship. So I was truly surprised at the reaction that a lot of people have had. Personally, this was a defining moment in Tavis's relationship.
Speaker 2: That's not a thing, by the way, Tavis.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, oh, it is okay.
Speaker 2: It is okay. You and you you hit pot luck once and you keep going back to the well trying to do stupid things like Tavis.
Speaker 1: We are all about Tavis.
Speaker 2: Nobody calls them that except for you. Everybody does, no one ever has but continue.
Speaker 1: This was a defining moment in Tavis's relationship because they finally gotten to that point where they're just so comfortable with each other and in sync and relaxed and happy and like a real, real couple. Like there's to all of those skeptics, like it's just pr it's I don't think it's pr there's nothing pr about it. They're just I would even say the L word, like they're really in love. And you know, at the end of this season, at the end of her tour, we're getting a marriage and a baby or one or both. It's happening. So I was really happy about that. And they also went out to dinner afterwards, and they were at a wedding the night before, which I'll tell you a little bit more in a second. But also there at the US Open was Brittany Mahomes hanging out with Taylor and Travis and her husband Patrick. So you know, Taylor can be friends with trumpers and that's cool, you know, like build bridges not walls.
Speaker 2: I say, I liked watching her sing the Darkness. I was, oh, yeah, that was pressed that she knows the darkness. So that was pretty cool to be.
Speaker 1: Do you mean Taylor is a huge music fan.
Speaker 2: I know, but the Darkness is like the darkness. I mean they're kind of a one hit wonder one thing.
Speaker 1: Look, I love that song.
Speaker 2: It's a great song, a great song. It's very meatloads.
Speaker 1: Taylor's a drama queen. She loves stress songs. Ship like that. I love ship like that. It's like a that's like a hetero that's like a straight version of meatloaf.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. Yeah, it's meat loaf for queen. It's very campy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I was thinking. The reason I said meatloave is Celine Dion, that it's all coming to same singer, same songwriter, Jim Steinman. Anyways, it's so fascinating because you know, you don't ever like to compare things, but I believe that you can learn a lot by comparing, especially when it's truly apples to apples. And a lot of time has gone by. So the big game was on Thursday, the Chiefs versus the Ravens. The Chiefs won and it was the first game on the NFL roster for the season, and the ratings were through the roof football. No, but I mean even for football. Let me let me show you the number.
Speaker 2: Is the AFC Championship Game rematch, one of the biggest games of last year. Those two teams going head to head, both perennial Super Bowl contenders this year. It's a big football game and to be the only one on, to be the only game in town, you're going to pull a huge number.
Speaker 1: So the game averaged forty eight point nine million viewers, with a peak meaning even more people watched part of it of fifty five point six million towards the end of the first half. By comparison, last year, the kickoff game was between the Chiefs and the Troit Lions.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Nobody cared why Chiefs cool?
Speaker 2: But you know the Lions. They made a name for themselves last year and they're definitely going to be a contender this year. But look, Taylor Swiff had nothing to say.
Speaker 1: It sounds stupid, It's not stupid.
Speaker 2: It's one of the biggest matchups and it's the first game of the regular season. Taylor had nothing to do, and she was barely shown on the game. She was shown at the very beginning a bunch of times, which annoyed everybody. But the game was about the game, and it was truly a great game that came down to the very last second. If the guy would have wore white shoes, Baltimore would have won. But he wore black shoes against a white line, and it looked like he was one toe over the line. It was a crazy great game, And that's what happens with great games because people see it on social media they're like, Ooh, I got to check in, how's this going to end? And you know when it's a blowout. I don't even know what the score was. Last year between the Lions and the Chiefs. But this was an incredible So Taylor had nothing zero to do with it.
Speaker 1: She did, she did, she did, she did, she did.
Speaker 2: Did you watch?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You didn't. Well you're a big super fan, then why didn't you watch? Because Taylor Swift was in the building, you guys in your fucking pomp pomps. Put them away. People are getting so bored of her. Come on, look at her at the US Open. I mean, people are like enough, all right.
Speaker 1: I knew that I could watch the highlights on social media and I did well, right, But the highlights of her, that's all I care about.
Speaker 2: The only people sat through the game were the fans of the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I don't know. I still think Taylor's to think, Thank you, Taylor.
Speaker 2: She had nothing to do with it zero. It was a great fucking football game.
Speaker 1: Also, Travis gave this new interview where he talked about being Taylor's arm candy, and he had a really good answer to that. He said, it's the life I chose. I just love how he's comfortable, like not even just dating somebody more famous and richer, just more successful by every metric than him. But also comfortable to totally being in her shadow and being having every question be about her and centered around her. And he's the one, He's the one. It's the endgame.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till they break up.
Speaker 1: They're not going to break up. They're not gonna break up. Okay, he's the wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. He looked pretty bored with her.
Speaker 1: Yes, WENK shut up.
Speaker 2: They were doing The Darkness. He's like, Oh, we're really gonna do this in front of everybody. You could see it in his eyes, like he's like, half ass, what are you look? Halfway through that song, he's like, really, we're going to continue with this.
Speaker 1: I there's one video where he's just staring, gazing adoringly at her. He was so into it. All shut up. Anyways, The night before they went to this wedding that was a celebrity filled there in New York. A lot of stars showed up, including Lana del Rey and that new boyfriend of hers that we spoke about on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, they are dating?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. We spoke about it on the podcast, and then a few days afterwards she denied it. Somebody posted about her dating this guy, The guy is an airboat? Is it? There? Are they called airboats?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think it's called an airboat, you know, Like I'm from Miami, so like in the Everglades they have all those airboats. And exactly what the guy lives in. The guy lives in Louisiana and he gave he gives gator tours of the swamps on airboats, and some outlet did a post about it, and Lana commented on Instagram and said, no, so okay, how would you interpret that?
Speaker 2: No, like they're not dating, they're not dating, interpret it as no.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Well, she fucking lied because on Saturday night she stepped out with this guy, Jeremy du Friend to the wedding and they walked out captured by the paparazzi, hands in hand. Really yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that guy gets Although there.
Speaker 1: Is an update, it's like, I love it. Like the media didn't really know too much about him at first. They got the age wrong. Initially. I think I said on the show that he was fifty six, and now we're hearing he's forty nine, so not quite fifty six, but still a lot older than her, not too much. She's thirty nine. He's forty nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not that big of a dal Yeah, yeah, I know. I guess in my mind, I feel like she's younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's thirty nine. He's got grown kids. Apparently they had met before years ago, and she was in the New Orleans area earlier this summer to perform at some festival hangout fest and they reconnected that way, and then one thing led to another and there we go.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 1: Also, speaking of Lana del Rey, this is I guess interesting is the most appropriate word to describe it. Lana is going to be one of the headliners at Stage Coach, the Country Music Festival next year at the Coachella Campgrounds where they had the Coachella Music Festival. And like, I get stage Coaches trying to like sprinkle in a bunch of different things. You know, they have some interesting artists also performing, like the Backstreet Boys and T Pain and Creed and Nelly and the Goo Goo Dolls, But Lona del Ray doesn't make sense. Like, if you're a country music fan, I could understand going to see Backstreet Boys and T Pain and Creed and Mellie Yeah, sure, but going to see Lona del Ray if you're a country music fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to further your point, to headline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: If you said everything except for to headline, then I would say, Okay, I understand. I mean, there's so many popular country music artists that should be in that position over her, you would think headline. That's one weekend. Like, I don't know, that's a weird look.
Speaker 1: I know. I just think that there's trying to like hedge their bets because if you remember, Coachella for like the first time ever, did not do well this year.
Speaker 2: Well, the lineup sucks. They made it all like gen zax and there's no musicality to it anymore, and that used to be the thing. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still I mean, I think it's cool, but I think it's weird. Also at the.
Speaker 2: Same time, No, I agree it is cool, but I don't look at stage coach is something that's caved in, like Coachella. Coachella's caved in. It's just they've lost their way. They're not sure what they are anymore. They're in the middle of something, they're trying to figure it out. Doing two weekends of it's too much. I park that for a second stage coach is not broken stage coach still. The trajectory's in the right direction up, you know what I mean. Like, more and more country music fans are coming around every year, and like you said, I totally even Backstreet Boys, I totally get, Like, yeah, the nostalgia dolls. It all kind of makes sense. She's fine being there. But if you're saying headlining here you go, I mean, this is them going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also equally getting people talking is the decision to have Kendrick Lamar be the halftime show headliner for the upcoming super Bowl. And listen, I love that. I'm afraid to speak my mind. I'm just gonna say it before anything else. If you think that someone having the opinion that Kendrick Lamar isn't the best choice to headline the super Bowl halftime show, that that person's racist or it's racist to say that. That's stupid. Okay, that's stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think Kendrick Lamar is a bad choice, but I don't think he's the best choice. And I'm I was so excited to talk to you about this because you you and I are very different how we perceive music. You go all like you fucking make a bigdo about the new Taylor Swift album. It doesn't have hits. Okay. When I mentioned to you Kendrick Lamar, you tell me how many hits does Kendrick Lamar have?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wow? Look at that.
Speaker 2: Humble to me, is the biggest song that he's ever done. And do I think that that is anywhere near scratched the surface of the mainstream. And I mean when I say mainstream, I don't say the white I mean the everybody knows a song that's the mainstream. To me, he is zero records, zero point zero. I just know Humble myself. And maybe it's just because I happened to work, you know, in radio at a station that played it right, But nowhere near is he the mainstream. And yet I still don't care because you know, kind of my stance on the Super Bowl. To me, it's a football game. I don't really give a shit what they do at the halftime. I'm usually getting my dip or peeing or talking or whatever. I'm there for the football. I love football. So if this is the best that they could do, I guess it's the best that they could do. But I can't get too hung up on it because I'm not one of those people that get so excited every year. It's a football game. That's what it is to me.
Speaker 1: I understand the logic and why jay Z chose Kendrick, but you know, the whole Drake and Kendrick thing, Drake would have made way more sense to me. To me, Drake would have been a better pick. You don't like numbers, but I did. I checked on Billboard and surprisingly this might surprise you, Kendrick Lamar has fifteen top ten Billboard hits on the Hot one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, that's to my point that I'm telling you that means nothing. You just said there's no songs that anyone knows.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. No, you said that, But the whole chart is dumb.
Speaker 2: It doesn't reflect It used to reflect all people. You could have an agreement on what a top ten song was in nineteen eighty five or whatever. Everyone knew them. But there's so many different avenues and ways of getting music now. There's no consensus plays anymore outside of radio, which the audience is waiting.
Speaker 1: By comparison though, so still there is some things that you can gleam from that. So Kendrick Lamar has fifteen top ten hits on the Billboard Hot one hundred, and Drake has seventy eight top ten hits on the Billboard Hot one hundreds.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that even accentuates my point a bit more. Now, if we are comparing apples to apples, like you like to say, Drake to Ken, Drick Lamar to me, not even close, key, key, do you love Me? There are so many Drake songs that maybe youd Devez, you debug and Bess. There are so many of them that I would say everybody knows, Like you'd have to be living in a hole not to have heard those songs. So Drake, Yeah, maybe a better pick. Drake's Canadian, Maybe there's something to that. He's not a football.
Speaker 1: Shania Twain's done the Super Bowl before, and she's Canadian.
Speaker 2: But Shouldia Twain did have the I'm talking the everybody knew hits, you know what I mean? Like she was so enormous, I mean just enormous, enormous. Well, Drake does too, You're right, he does. I mean, look, I wouldn't be mad at Drake. I'm just trying to poke holes in Drake versus Kenith Lamar.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's in New Orleans, and everybody was really hoping that they would have picked Lil Wayne, and it could have been so cool if it was like Lil Wayne and Metallica, like something really weird. Yeah, Lil Wayne, it would have been awesome. And then of course, like my gay faves, like I would have loved Miley or tailor Paint, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I get all that because I'm like, hey, if the NFL is trying to bring more people to the party, you know, and you want to get the female number up because the guys were there, I'm there for football. If you want to give me something else at halftime, cool, you want to give me Kendrick cool. But I will say this like I watched Coachella this year from the couch to Couchchella, and I watched Tyler the Creator, whom I'd never really got into before. He's always like one of those guys the headlines everything, and you're like, who the fuck is this guy? And then I watched it and I was like, this guy's fucking awesome. I didn't know one song, not even a hint of a song, but yet for me to sit there captivated, maybe I was drinking a little bit still to be captivated by what he was saying and how he was saying it on that stage with his presence. I was like, wow, this is impressive. But that was a concert. I'm okay with. Give me a long runway where I can get into what you're doing. This is fifteen minutes or twelve minutes or whatever the hell it is at a football game. So I guess I would say odd pick, but I still don't care and I'm not mad.
Speaker 1: I like I like Kendrick. I think it's cool. He's great live, so but I just don't have any desire to watch now though. Actually, oh well, Travis Scott is pulling a Donald Trump. He is very salty. Last week, I don't know if I mentioned it, but Sabrina Carpenter and her new album debuted at number one on the Billboard Album chart, and Travis Scott says he was robbed that they didn't count the numbers correctly and that he was the real number one last week.
Speaker 2: Travis Scott has an enormous fan base, but Sabrina Carpenter has hits legit. Everybody knows these Please Please Please, and these you know my espresso and all the other shit. I mean, these are real.
Speaker 1: Big song So yeah, Illuminate, which is the company that tracks all of the music that Billboard gets their data from, says that they stand behind it and that everything was done correctly and accurately.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you really wanted to be number one, he could have been number one.
Speaker 1: So he tried. He released a lot of variants.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, there's a lot of ways to game the system, but it's hard to beat a legit number one, you know.
Speaker 1: Not only that this is this is why they were angry, but it doesn't make sense to me. They released a variant at eleven pm on the final day of tracking, right, and they're like, there was a delay in processing.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, there was a delay at us tried to game the syson.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a delay. It didn't go through when it was in the tracking period. So sucks for you. Yeah, all right. In more music related news, we spoke about it on the Patreon Show, but then afterwards controversy erupted. Lincoln Park chose a new lead singer, and I think it. I still think it's cool. I said it was cool when I heard the concept they weren't trying to replace Chess Bennington, you know. Instead, it's like a Lincoln Park two point zero, and they chose a female vocalist, this woman named Emily Armstrong, and afterwards we found out that she is a scientologist and also a former friend and public supporter of Danny Masterson, the former actor who's been convicted of rape and is currently behind bars serving a prison sentence for rape. She showed up in support of Danny Masterson, and a lot of Lincoln Park fans were very upset about this, especially because Chester Bennington. I don't know the exact details, but I think he might have suffered sexual abuse when he was young himself, or something like that happened.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, but he definitely obviously had mental health issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there was a lot of backlash, and ultimately the next day after the announcement this, Emily Armstrong released a statement which I don't think made things better.
Speaker 2: Honestly, she I think it did. I thought it was very honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she didn't apologize. She didn't say I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, she didn't do anything Danny Masterson did the thing. She doesn't need to apologize. She's just telling people why she did what she did and she realized that it was wrong. She doesn't need to apologize to anybody. Wow, she doesn't. You have to apologize for somebody else's crimes and Haines's fucking behavior.
Speaker 1: I apologize for supporting a rapist.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, if you read the States, I've read that, she said she did not know and she had no idea to the extent. And you act like she came to court the last day and heard all this information. All of that stuff happens before court case even happens. Look, it's not a good look. I'm with you on that. I think these scientologists, I think this is kind of their game. They sort of always go hard for one another. And to that, I say, good for you. I don't care. I don't care if somebody prais to a tree, I don't care if they're scientologists. I think only the feeble minded would sit there and say that one religion's less wacky than another religion. They're all fucking wacky. There's like two hundred different religions, like one's less wacky than the next. So it's all just weird to me. Why anybody goes down that rabbit hole but to each his own, I don't care. I don't fucking care.
Speaker 1: I do care, and I can't support scientology and the people that support Scientology personally. That's just me.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, by the way, I did, But I did talk to I should say this. I talked to Shnoda about the whole album and her being in it and stuff, and he said like the sweetest thing about it when he was just saying, look, this is weird for us too, and he totally said he understood, like there's gonna be people that are all out on this because Lincoln Park is Chester and he goes, I understand that, and he's like, there's gonna be people that are going to be all in on it. He goes, I see both sides of it. He goes, look, this is what the band wants to do now, and this is how we've decided to carry on, and you know, give us a chance, Like I really like this music and I think you will too. And it wasn't like, hey, let's you know we're doing this and it was like pompus and arrogant. He just was very honest and forthcoming about knowing that people some people are gonna hate it. No matter what. And I was like, Okay, we'll see where they go. But I'm gonna go see him Wednesday night. We'll see what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Where are they playing the Forum? Oh god, I thought you were saying that they were playing at the you know, the fucking Viper Room or the Key Club or something like that.
Speaker 2: That would have been awesome. But no, they did that one show. I guess at the what is it Universal? They did it over there, but that was just for like a few fans. But they're going on tour and the whole thing. But I brought that up too. I'm like, you know, Oasis gets back together, They're gonna go on tour next year. I'm like, you're going on tour Thursday, Like what are you thinking? And I think he and every all of them were a little overwhelmed by how quickly all of this is unfolding. But I don't know, you know, I knew Chester and he was the nicest fucking guy I've ever met. I mean, he was such a lovely, sweet guy. And to me, I don't want to say I'm not into the idea, because I think it's that they are deciding to do something. But forever Chester is Lincoln Park to me, like Lincoln Park, you need that scream. Him his emotions, his you know, those were his experiences and now it's you know, it feels a little like a cover band to me, and you know it is what it is, I guess, but I can see both sides of it. Mike's a lovely guy.
Speaker 1: He is he is okay. In more music news, Lady Gaga's on the cover of the new issue of Vogue, mainly promoting the new Joker movie where she plays Harley Quinn, but also talking her upcoming album, which she revealed is coming out in February. And there is one point where she's talking about the music industry and being being supportive of all the other women in popper and music, and she says, quote Charlie XCX, Chapel Roan, Billie Eilish, I mean, I really love them. I go on the internet and like cry and I love Taylor Swift too, and Kesha I watch it all. Did you notice what I know Kesha? No, well sort of, yeah, she purposely did not mention Katie Perry. Oh that's a purposeful, intentful omission. And I think it's because of Kesha.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, everybody in that lump of people has something really really going on. Kesha doesn't. Let's be I mean Kesha's new tracks, okay, but it's not like she's not in the mix with those other names at the moment. She's just not. And either is Katie Katie's Yesterday's news.
Speaker 1: No, but I think she mentioned Kesha on purpose and not Katie, you know, because she supports Kesha and she's she says, she's on the internet, she sees it all. So she knows that Katie worked with Doctor Luke on her new album, and she's like, I'm not messing with that.
Speaker 2: Nope, all right, I'll follow you down that hole because she is saying I see you like she's she sees the talk that's happening. Yeaheah, So all right, I made I guess I gotta agree with you on that when it sounds like she's, uh, she's picked a side there. But did she ever work with Max Martin, Not No, not Gaga.
Speaker 1: She worked with bread One a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know she has no reason to be on anyone's side on that one.
Speaker 1: I wish she would work with Red One again. He was so good. I love his sound red One anyways, is that what.
Speaker 2: He's I always thought she said red Wine there now, I swear to god, I always thought she said red Wine.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I swear to god. I had no idea how red One, red One? I love when they would they would do that back then, like red One or who else? Dark Child?
Speaker 2: Well and fucking another one.
Speaker 1: Another one and then Scott Storwitch and uh who else? I mean. There was also the Jason Derula who shouted himself out during his song Jason Jason. He worked with Scott Storage Jason Derulo anyways. Gaga also opened up about her now fiance a lot in this interview with Vogue, and it's very interesting, you know, like she would in the past, would never talk about her romantic partners. But you know, it's like Taylor Swift. I guess when you find the one, you don't care and you'll open up and nothing to hide.
Speaker 2: So or maybe you just don't think it's so precious anymore. It's just like you're not you know, there's no need to hide from it. I think people are going to figure out who it is annyhow and what's the point. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also more music related news, well sort of semi retired musician Rihanna was in New York City at a fashion event, and I love I mean, she's not that old Rihanna's I mean, Naomi Campbell is in her fifties, she's old, but Rihanna's still only in her thirties. I just love caddie drama. I mean, hello, it's what I do. I love caddie drama. Rihanna showed up at this New York Fashion Week show and ran into this friend of hers, this guy named Edward and Enna Full who is a journalist, and he was seated in the front row, right next to Naomi Campbell. Rihanna goes up to Edward, gives him a hug and a kiss, doesn't even look at Naomi, doesn't acknowledge her, and then leaves. Yes, they're is drama between Rihanna and Naomi. Okay, it's about a man, and the drama's been going on for many years because Naomi in twenty sixteen started dating this billionaire and then things didn't work out, and then that same year, Rihanna started dating the same billionaire. So I guess they're both still salty over how that all wow played out. But I mean, like they're both mothers now and it's been over what six years, eight years? Like, you know, like, can't you just at least be civil? I thought that was petty and I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, there may have been some name calling there, and there's just no interest in being friends with that person. You know, I have no problem with somebody ignoring somebody else. I would rather see somebody do that than fucking fake it. I don't need to see if people fake it. If they don't like one another, they did the adult thing. They just ignored each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just but I think it's you know, you could at least be civil, like hello, why.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you don't like that fucking person, why give them to the time of day? You know doesn't know it to anybody, nor does Naomi Campbell for that matter.
Speaker 1: Well, the opposite happened over in Toronto with Jennifer Lopez. Jen showed up for the premiere of her new movie Unstoppable, produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. As I previously shared on the show, Ben opted to stay in Los Angeles and didn't go, but Matt Damon was there and, according to People Magazine, at the after party Matt and Jennifer were talking, just the two of them in a deep conversation for twenty plus minutes, so they had a lot to talk about. And then actually, I saw this photo. I posted it on my Instagram story. They were in deep conversation and holding hands. Nothing, I'm not inferring anything. It was just like, of course, you know, it's like truly a deep conversation, like holding hands, and you know, they had a lot to talk about. But then that wasn't even my favorite thing, my favorite thing from the after party. Jennifer Lopez has been in show business for like thirty years. Okay, she knows what the hell she's doing. She knew that at this after party, not only were there photographers and videographers and fans with cell phones, but there were a lot of journalists, you know, reporters there. And she was talking to one of her co stars, Bobby Cannavali, and you could hear her say I have a bad picker. And then he, I think, was in shock and he's like what he made her repeat it. She said it a second time, I've got a really bad picker.
Speaker 2: She does, yeah, Allie, she's aware.
Speaker 1: Finally yeah, and then she said and we could hear me. It was a loud party, but we could hear all this she said. She said I'm a bad I have a bad picker twice and then she says, it is what it is. So I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they were talking about. So I love that.
Speaker 2: Well, it could be Roles too, Hey, it really could be. Hey, she might have a bad picker. When it comes to, you know, the projects that she did, decides to put herself all in on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I explained why that is, because she's producing all these movies. She just needs to work with better producers, directors.
Speaker 2: She needs to go away, That's all she needs to do. She's always going to be a star. Make people miss you. Disappear for a little while, come back and be in somebody's really good thing. And don't expect to be the lead either. Take a good role. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, at the Venice International Film Festival, this was so sad. Nicole Kidman won the award for Best Actress for her New movie there. However, she wasn't able to accept the award because she had this statement read on her behalf shortly after landing in Venice that same day, she found out that her mother died, so she had to go back to Australia to be with her family, sending her a lot of love and light.
Speaker 2: Her new show's called The Perfect Couple on Netflix, and you know, for what it's worth, they say it's the number one trending show, which you know means nothing.
Speaker 1: Show or a movie.
Speaker 2: You mean, it's a show. It's a show, okay, And I just started watching it.
Speaker 1: But is za Efron in that No?
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 1: Why I love Zacha Fraud.
Speaker 2: It's good so far, it's really good. We just started watching it. I kind of feel like she plays the same character and everything, but you need that character, that cold, snooty whatever. But she's very good and it's uh, it looks to be a who Done it? And there's a murder and there's a wedding and it's good so far. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: All right, A couple quick items. Casey Anthony, who should be behind prison?
Speaker 2: Behind bars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I meant, who should be in prison?
Speaker 2: Say what she doing behind the president? Blowjobs me? What's happening here?
Speaker 1: I mean, basically, Kasey Anthony is free and enjoying life and wrecking another life. According to a new report with exclusive images, Casey Anthony started having an affair with this married man who was happily married for decades and now left his wife for Casey Anthony. Can you imagine being a woman or whomever a guy, but like my spouse left me for fucking Casey Anthony, You're right, God, oh man, what a trash human she is. Also wacky news, Rob Kardashian's daughter Dream has officially launched her social media If you care, she's got an Instagram page at dream Verified. Rob commented on it, and yes, she is seven years old. Why does a seven year old need a dedicated Instagram page? I don't know, but there are I think it's maybe money. Financial like to monetize it, I guess is the only reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna take that loot.
Speaker 1: They're already putting her to work. Dream Kardashian was in New York for Fashion Week, walking at a runway show.
Speaker 2: Change that kid's name to Nightmare.
Speaker 1: Also, speaking of social media and people paying attention to these things, Jessica Simpson, you know she's she's not had a hit in a while, but she still has a lot of fans and her fans have noticed that she has not posted a photo with her husband of ten years in many months since April. And actually they've also noticed that she's stopped wearing her wedding ring. Oh so maybe there's something to that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The wedding ring would be a sign for me. The not posting. I don't think my fiance's posted a picture with me in ten years, so it's you know, I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Means any So both of those things collectively combined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a little you know, there's a little bit of smoke.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, all right, and one last thing, but before that, a quick thank you to some folks who signed up at patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton to get our exclusive extra long, Super Juicy AD free podcasts at Patreon dot com slash perez Hilton. Thank you to Sheena Rivers, Kemberlin, Carrie Auten, Donna d Young and that's everybody. So would love it if he signed up at Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. And finally, you know, a lot of people don't like it when we talk politics, but I thought this was interesting and it's not really anything really like aside the son of Joe Biden. Hunter Biden was beginning this trial in Los Angeles on multiple tax charges and at the last minute pled guilty. His dad had previously said, you know, the president that he would not pardon his son. But now Hunter Biden is facing on these tax charges seventeen years in prison. If I'm Joe Biden, I'll be like, I changed my mind. I'm pardoning my son.
Speaker 2: Trump did the same thing. Trump pardoned everybody under the sun. Yeah, and it's going to pardon himself if he becomes president. So I mean, go for it, Joe, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Joe had said that when he was still planning to run for reelection. You know, now the guy is fucking eighty plus years old, is not worried about getting re elected. Would would I'll take it a step further. If you don't pardon your son, you're a bad dad, Like you need to parton your son.
Speaker 2: I don't know his vice president as a prosecutor. That is not a look the Democratic Party wants at this moment, because it's because you know, the Republicans have just run with I don't care. I mean, the most hypocritical party in the history of fucking politics, but they'll still run with it.
Speaker 1: It's his actions, it's not Kamala's actions, you know. So yeah, all right, let's take some calls.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, this is MJ.
Speaker 1: And I'm calling because I'm in the middle of I think what may be your third discussion. I take that, I say discussion very generously regarding streaming the Billboard Hot one hundred and what makes a song a hit? I love you both in your own ways. I think this would be a.
Speaker 2: Great standalone episode like you did years ago.
Speaker 1: I think on about Evermore or Everlaine or whatever whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I don't know the music.
Speaker 1: That episode was great on its own, and so I was thinking, let's bring in some experts, let's go into this. I'm sure you guys know some people that maybe have worked at Billboard or whatnot, music industry experts to talk.
Speaker 2: About what makes listen. I gave the line last week and I don't think we need to delve into it anymore. And we touched up on the charts just this week. We just talked about it with Kendrick Lamar and I have a different threshold of what I call a hit versus what Perez has. Perez is kind of a very literal person, because how you.
Speaker 1: Need to quantify it? You need I need metrics. How do you It's Oh, it's just a feeling for you, it is.
Speaker 2: And you're kind of contradicting yourself because you just said that Kendrick Lamar has seventeen number.
Speaker 1: One songteen not on number one songs, fifteen top ten, top.
Speaker 2: Ten songs, whatever, and even you were like, I don't know any of them. That's my point.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that. I said I knew some. I know some of them, like the song with Taylor's swift bad Blood. Obviously, I know bad Blood.
Speaker 2: Okay, you weren't talking about that one.
Speaker 1: Well, he's that's one of his top ten hits, That swimming Pool song. I love that song. And there's a swimming Pool Malica that one, like, I fucking know that one too. I know I know some of his songs, definitely, But I'm also like a music lover, so I'm not necessarily like an average consumer.
Speaker 2: So just to bring this full circle, I just think our bars are different. I think a hit song is something that everybody knows. He sometimes says, well that the chart says, and I'm like, well, the charts manipulated. He even gave you an example of a guy trying to game the fucking chart. That's all I'm ever saying, like it's all fucking gamed. I have a different bar. That's it. Let's wrap this up, baby.
Speaker 1: Thank you all. Appreciate every single one of you, and if you want even more, go to patreon dot com slash Peretz Hilson. If not, we'll see you all next Monday. Have a wonderful week.
Speaker 2: Everybody, kisses Bah,