Speaker 1: Two teas in a pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Camra Jedge.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome to Twat's Flashback Today. I have a special guest, Kamil Meyer, and she's coming back on to tell us all the details about her life. So, first of all, what have you been up to?
Speaker 3: God, I just got back from Nava. I had a wonderful trip with my husband and some friends, my girlfriend Rose who's been on the show with me, and that was fantastic. What have I been up to? Both of my kids are off to college. They're in Emerson College. They Mason is twenty two years old and Judas nineteen and it's Mason's senior year she will be graduating this spring and Jude's freshman year. So I'm thrill that they are in school together. I think it's positive that you're in college. Yeah, it's gonna go or not. But no, he's loving it. He's having a great time. And they're both involved with performances. They're doing a sketch comedy show. They're involved with the comedy troupe and they write their own sketches and they perform and then they also compete with other colleges.
Speaker 2: So Wow, so they're following in mom and Dad's footsteps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 3: You know Kills. You're very, very talented.
Speaker 2: Not so much myself, but yeah you are. You can you say, used to write for shure It? Do you still do that?
Speaker 3: Not much anymore. I'm dyslexic. It's tight. It's a struggle for me. But if I have people to write with, it's good to bounce ideas off of and collaborate with other people. And I've enjoyed that process in terms of development for television. That was like a whole lifetime ago. Well the lifetime for me.
Speaker 2: What you do like to do is write on Twitter or x or whatever. You're very vocal, which I love. You know, I love my Housewife's messy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, there was a little disk to d eat. I don't know if you guys are friends, are not friends? You're not friends. I wouldn't imagine overplayed and boring and thirsty.
Speaker 3: Well what did I say? First? I do you think she's boring? I finally am seeing this season because I watched the show. Now then I'm not on it because actually I had a hard time watching myself just a side note thing, But I like, I do enjoy watching the show.
Speaker 2: I think you have to be a true narcissist to sit there and love watching yourself, don't you think? Like, Yeah, I'm like, Nope, don't want to see it. I know I'm an asshole. I don't want to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't like the way I sound. I don't like the way I look. I don't like the things I say. I embarrass myself all the time, and I'm very cringe. So I can't want it.
Speaker 2: It must be Bee, it must be I'm the same way, and it must be because we share a birthday. Yeah, September second, tever second, I'm sure I'm older than you, but nomber second.
Speaker 3: I think so, I think we're the same age. Sixty seven, Yeah, oh I'm going to sixty eight. I mean you're younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're younger. Yeah. So you said she was overplayed and boring and thirsty. Do you think that the cast cast needs a change up? Or is this taken out of context?
Speaker 3: Is there? I think that's taken out of context. I said that the whole Bravo put out a tweet about the wind chime, and I think that joke itself was just Okay, we've melted enough. Okay, let's move.
Speaker 2: On a little overplayed, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's overplayed. And that was my point, just you know, as an next producer. Yeah, you know, if I see things, it's like, okay, enough, let's move on from that. And that was my It wasn't so much hurt. It was that joke was, Okay, why are you gonna milk this to death?
Speaker 2: We're gonna malk it to death. Well, she actually brought the wind chimes to Bravo Kahn, so we're still seeing the wind I'm sure it wasn't her idea it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's the most iconic things she's ever done. I out you and I have done, what we've said, some outrageous things.
Speaker 2: You know, she does have iconic outfits. Iconic outfits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her clothing is, her wardrobe is fantastic.
Speaker 2: There's no question her wardrobe is a cast member in itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But you can't just have a wardrobe, you know, you want to bring your personality. And she is adorable. When I started tomat Dory, she came to my house to film and that was just a guest that season or just uh yeah, a guest that season, and she was very upset how the girls were cheating her, and I could relate to her. It felt bad for us, Like she's relatable. I understand what she's going through. She feels like the outsider. She felt that because she was friends with Lisaid Vanda Pump that the girls were because the girls were mad at LVP, that she felt that they were taking it out on her, And she was explaining this to me and Erica says, we're sitting in my kitchen in the house. So that was my initial reaction, like I can relate to her what she's going through, what her feeling is her first season fish out of water, you know, and she didn't have a glam team then, and she was, you know, into fashion, but it wasn't to the level that she brought it to the next season. In the next season, and my own personal opinion is that she was watching Erica and saying, oh my god, Okay, I'm going to trail off of her. I like that she's her whole.
Speaker 2: Glam She's a hard one to follow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a hard one to follow. And from what my experience in being around them and seeing it that you know, Dorry felt that she had to bump it up a bit, and she hired a whole glam squad, and all of a sudden, she's in these amazing outfits. But again, very different from her first season.
Speaker 2: So different from when we started way back when I even think we wore eyelashes.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a stylist thing. No, I mean, do you remember when the producers would be in our houses and go through the closet to see what sh shirt they would pick out our offices.
Speaker 2: Do our interviews in our living room, Like, yeah, it was a different world back then. Now, back then, you you had a pretty rough first season, correct with backlash and it was hell.
Speaker 3: It was it was awful. It was the season from Hell. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Andy brought it up at the at the reunion to you a little bit of a harsh way.
Speaker 3: I I'm moving forward, but I'm like, whoa Like, I don't think that we talk like that anymore, thank God. I mean, yeah, I'm going through this horrible divorce. My lawyers are on me all the time, and he wanted the kids, and I'm going through all this and I have to sit there and be, you know, exposed to that kind of rude of vitriol coming from him.
Speaker 2: It was just how did you cope with it? At times? Because it got pretty bad. I mean, I've been there, sister, I know exactly what it feels like. And you know, sometimes it's easy to just ignore and other times it's it's kind of hard when you're going through a lot, especially like a divorce, public divorce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was best not to expose too much in the very beginning when I was first, when it was first happening, I thought, you know this, I really don't want to play this out, But how could you not? Because the cameras are rolling pretty much, you know, when you're full time a lot of that, and it's hard to just keep that inside without, you know. I mean, I'm losing weight, I'm sick, i have broadkitis, I'm not acting like myself. I'm an emotional train wreck basically, and I'm trying to deal with that my family, keeping my kids kind of in a safe place emotionally and protected from all the outside noise and chatter, and try to cope with the onslought of negativity that I got from the housewives, not all of them, but most of them. Andy and then everybody out there and you know the Bravo sphere.
Speaker 2: Do you think you kind of got you got a bad rap because you were going through so much at that time with Kelsey and you didn't really want to nobody really knew, So maybe you were popping off ours. That's just your personality like to pop up.
Speaker 3: I can be feisty, there's no question about that. I think it's a combination of all of it. And I think they like the fact that I, you know, I speak my mind, and that's why I was probably highed. Douglas Ros said, can you all your diarrhea of the mouth? And Okay, that's why I'm here right.
Speaker 2: I would like to see you back on Beverly Hills because I feel like they could use somebody like that. Was that something you see? Yeah, I think they need somebody like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. After season nine, I you know, season nine, I thought I was going to be asked BacT full time, and I was told that, and then there was a distance. There was a time between there that I didn't hear much from production. You know, right before the reunion. None stop the phone calls, and when they want you there, it's like, okay, Alex calling me. I'm like, okay, you want me to go to the reunion. I really don't want to go. I don't have to go. I'm not My contract didn't say I had to be there. And then I got all the calls, Oh no, no, it's perfect for this season for you. You know, it's great. Even Kyle said, oh no, you're in a good place. You had a strong season, even though her and I were We were fine at that point and then things just went sideways.
Speaker 2: But you know you did you did the Ultimate Girls Trip, and that has sparked a lot of comebacks. Well, I mean I did it, and I came back to Taylor did it. She came back like you just don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't know. I don't know. I don't know how Bravo feels about me personally. I just don't know. I don't know. It depends and I don't know how I feel. I don't think I would come back full time because there's a lot of pressure on you. As you know when you have full time that there's an expectation of bring it and you know, really put yourself out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you have any problem bringing it. What would your husband think I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: It depends. We didn't have to really discuss that. That that's I'm not sure. I know he wouldn't want to be on the show. He likes to show up here and there, but he's not invested like some of the other husband like the New York was it the New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Girls Jersey, Yes, they're in it.
Speaker 3: Like being on County.
Speaker 2: It's truly the only franchise that the guys get involved where they can do like we were in and the guys were talking about having their own guys trip like the Girl's trip. They want their own guys trip, and I'm like, I totally see that happen.
Speaker 3: Now I go ahead the tough questions.
Speaker 2: We recently watched the episode where your medium Allison got into it with Kyle at dinner, and we all know what has happened recently with Kyle Mauricio. Did she reach out to you or are you still in contact with Alison?
Speaker 3: No, not at all. After that aired, and she got such bad backlash from the fans and the audience that she was devastated and she planned it on me. She's like, Camille, you set me up. No, I did not set her up. We did not discuss and I've read this in some of the comments. Oh Camille, and you know she set this up for Alison to go after Kyle. Not at all, Not at all. I Alison has a very strong personality, and nobody can tell Alison what to say or what not to say. And I had no idea who she or wouldn't of who she would have gotten along with or knock on.
Speaker 2: Well, you had said earlier in the episode that when she drinks, correct, you can't control what comes out of her mouth.
Speaker 3: I can't, and I think that's why she was pissed off that I said that, And she said, oh, can you go on National TV or whatever do an interview saying that you had a blonde moment? Okay, fine, I might have. Maybe I should have said that, you know, she's my friend at that maybe I should have said that, But it's the truth. If she has a cocktailer too, and everybody drinks when they're filming this show. Yes, I mean I've usually talked to usually, and that's when I usually say something very stupid. I guess that I get in trouble for. But I don't think that's such a bad thing saying when she drinks. You can't control her, because that happens to most people, not everybody. Yeah, some of us get a little out of control women. I know too. I mean, let's just be honest. So she hated that I said that, and she felt that I outed something, which I didn't and but I never It was never a setup to go after any of the ladies. What happened was my ex husband thought it would be a great idea to promote Medium in the show because it was airing, and he said, this is great. All these people use this as a platform to promote what they're doing. He promoted the play, his play that he was in La Caage. We got to see the opening of Lakage. Then he said, hey, let's promote medium. Great, let's get Allison on. She's a character, she's a very strong personality. I thought it would make for good TV. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Didn't it did It made her great TV?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think it was one of the best episodes, not because it was our season, but I think it's a very iconic.
Speaker 2: It's very iconic. The cigarette, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she bought the East cigarette. I mean, she is someone that turned the world onto these cigarettes. I know that we're around, but she right. I thought it was great. I loved all of that. Some of this stuff I felt was a bit cringey. Honestly, Yeah, it back. I think I grabbed her hand at one point and try to get her to just but no, I mean.
Speaker 2: She was watching it back where you kind of mortified, like, oh shit, this does not look good.
Speaker 3: Of course we all are after the fact, but I mean the girls and what you don't see is the girls were really pressing her to give them readings, and she kept saying, I'm here as Camil's guest. I'll talk about the show, I'll talk about medium, but I don't want to give anybody a reading. And she got made that very clear to me that night, and I let the girls know. And then the ladies, some of them just pushed too far, and Kyle was one of them. I do believe Lisa vander Pump as I remember she was pushing too. Can you just give me something something? And then they started questioning her ability, whether she was good or not. And I think that's what triggered her to get feisty. It was like them doubting her or questioning her ability, and then she felt defensive, and all of a sudden, She's all in and I was like, Okay, here are the fireworks. Yeah, it was just like the perfect storm at that point.
Speaker 2: Now, seeing where you and Kyle started, how did your relationship evolve to the point where you asked her to be a brides made in your wedding in season nine?
Speaker 3: I know, actually before the show started, I met her and I liked her a lot. We got along, we hung out all night, danced and joked around. I thought she was fantastic, and Moe kept saying, Oh, you have to meet my wife. You're gonna love her. You're gonna love her. So before I was even on the show, I actually really enjoyed my time with Kyle. The brief times I spent with her, I've really enjoyed her. Then the show happened, and then you know, everything happened that was very unfortunate that season. And then you know, we connected and we realized I thought I really liked her. I liked her before the season, so hey, let's give this a shot. And then you know, we became friendly, not best of friends, but friendly, and we got closer and she'd reach out to me and we communicate and talk and hang out once in a while, and I would show up to support her at events she was doing, like a store opening I supported, and different charity events that she did I supported. And when she was on it was at QBC or one of those televisions like my Mom, and I wrapped buying her clothes, you know, to support her. So, you know, I thought we were heading in a really good place. I thought we were in a good place. And all the girls I was going to invite to the wedding, my two top choices were her and Vanderpunk. So that's who my top choices were now. And when I was discussing with production, you know, they were like, it's up to you, and I thought, you know what, let's invite everybody, because I know you are damned if you do, and you are damned if you don't when it comes to this show, as you know, so if there was somebody that I didn't invite, that was going to be a story or turn into it C story, you know, our B storyline.
Speaker 2: That I can totally relate. I had it. You know, my wedding was televised as well, so I had some of the cast in my wedding and then invited everybody, because if you don't, then you're the asshole that didn't invite everybody exactly.
Speaker 3: Then there's another storyline, and I thought, no, I'm gonna invite everybody. And of course, who was I close to at the time that I knew better, because you know, through the show, I got to know vander Pump and Kyle and the girls from the first couple of seasons, first three seasons. I didn't know Erica that well. I got to know her a bit, but she was always kind of cold and cut off when I was around, not just to meet all the ladies. I think she's established a relationship with them now. I mean she got really close with Renna.
Speaker 2: I think everything she's gone through, she's way more open now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more open. I see that when I watch it. But when years ago, when I was around, she's very pretty distant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everybody kind of saw that of you as of your guarded, very guarded. Now now I guess you know, she went through a lot of shit, so she's way more open and so so sweet and lovely when I've been around here now, speaking of season nine, speaking of season nine, now, good thing Teddy's not here because I'm gonna ask, what was the beef between you and Teddy? Was a remember.
Speaker 3: I remember some of it. I think what was the beef? I really didn't have a beef with Teddy until what was it? Probably after the wedding what I had heard, and it wasn't anything on camera. When did it start? I guess Teddy and I were starting to have a little something between us when we were on camp, when we were glamping, there was a little I remember that. I think now that I you know, now, do.
Speaker 2: You have any hard feelings for Teddy?
Speaker 3: Now? Now?
Speaker 2: I mean I think you and I have been in social media beefs before because we've both been out. Yeah, but I mean I have zero nothing against you. I adore you. It's not so weird.
Speaker 3: I have no like, no, I have no beef. We had a little thing about it was after season nine. I said something and yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I remember now, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: I used to get myself in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: Well show, when it comes to those shows, it happens, I know, we get emotional. I was, yeah, a little put off about how she kept pushing herself into conversations like I wanted to communicate with Pile alone what happened without having Teddy interject all the time, Like I.
Speaker 2: Think, not Teddy interjecting.
Speaker 3: I think she's a chronic interrupter.
Speaker 2: She means well.
Speaker 3: She might regarding to who her friend is at the time. So I really wanted to focus on that conversation I was having with Kyle, and she kept interjecting, and it's very hard to.
Speaker 2: Keep so it was nothing deep, like, there's nothing deep that went down.
Speaker 3: Between the two of you. No, no, no. And then something happened with my daughter felt that she had just just dismissed her a bit. But then Teddy sent me a tack saying, oh, you know, she'd never do that. Let me and said, oh that's so sweet. Okay, because really fond of Teddy. My daughter really liked Teddy. She like because Teddy was younger and Mason Carele, and she maybe saw herself a little bit in Teddy. So I think when she felt ignored for that brief moment at the airport, this all happened off camera, you know, she felt a little hurt, and you know, she was a young girl, was sixteen at the time, maybe maybe younger. I don't remember exactly. So she might have taken something, you know, like, hey, that's out the little aUI that didn't feel good and I'm being mama Bear was very protective of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Teddy's the greatest girl ever. Like I really.
Speaker 3: That season when my first season went Teddy, I adored her. I just wanted to She's so real. She was so real her first season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's very much a girl's girl for sure.
Speaker 3: It was up against she was up against Erica. That's tough to be up against Erica. It's such a big, strong person.
Speaker 2: Denise Richards as well too. That was that was a crazy season. Now let's switch gears a little bit. Let's talk about Ultimate Girls Trip four. I know there's a lot of drama that went down.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm close with Vicky, so I was getting the text messages while she was actually filming. What was your experience like and how was it being back?
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. I really enjoy Morocco. Hey, free Vacation of Morocco great. It's tough to film that many hours because you're on all the time. You get the brakes and you have to kind of jump into right into you know, a storyline which was different from me, coming from you know building, you know your character, who you are creating this, you know whatever it is, it's going to be with you and the girls. And yes, it does happen organically, but I felt like you were just shoved into this situation with some girls you know and some girls you don't. Kind of felt like the odd man out because a lot of the girls had filmed before. Vicky had filmed with.
Speaker 2: Phaedra And yeah, we did season two, The Ultimate Girl's Trip. A lot of them were who were on your cast, And I mean they were so much fun. I got to know them. Some of them I didn't know, Like Eva, I didn't know her, She's adorable. Who did you bond with the most?
Speaker 3: Well? I knew Gretchen from before, so I bonded with Gretchen because I've known her a bit before. I thought Alex was fun, very different than I expected. She's cookie and fun. But I didn't mind her. She's actually very kind and I liked her. Who else? Brandy and I have a thing. But yeah, I have to stay tuned for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to see that.
Speaker 3: We had a few things. Do we know?
Speaker 2: Do you know when it's gonna air?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cause we.
Speaker 3: Were all invited to Bravocon and then we were uninvited. Wy the cast was invited to Bravocon and then we were uninvited because they decided to cancel our panel. So and I think that was a network decision. So I didn't take it personally. Was I bummed? Yes, I even text Damn Andy, Yeah, I'm bummed. He's like, I know you're bummed, Donataci. But and I was.
Speaker 2: Is did you think this has to do with the with the investigation that was going on or were you asked after you filmed in the investigation started.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. That's a good question. I'm not sure what I was told. And I do believe this is that they were really the network really wanted to plug The Real Housewives of New York the reboot because it did so well and was it crappy Lake did so well and it did it did it was great that they wanted to promote the Ultimate Girls Trip legacy show with the Housewives of New York. So it was just I think it was a network decision. So in our show was pushed back or air data has been pushed back. Fingers crossed it that it's going to air. I don't know, right, I've heard.
Speaker 2: I've heard that there's been a lot of tweeting out there, but I never know what to believe. Now, if you can do a Beverly Hills Legacy cast, would you do that?
Speaker 3: I would? That would be fun.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I think it would be stressful and fun at the same time. And like I've seen some of the fans write and say, who would you want to be on with? I think the Originals and they're you know, it would be great to have all the girls on, but how many girls can you have? Right? Yeah? So I think definitely when you're talking about a legacy, you definitely think of you know, Kyle and LVP. Those are the two that stands. Oh for sure, you know those are your two big.
Speaker 2: Do you think that they could film together?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I really I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you still talk to Lisa.
Speaker 3: I haven't spoke to Lisa in a while, but we were communicating for a while after season nine, but probably probably been about a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw her at Brava Khan. She's always been incredibly sweet to me. Both her and Ken. You know, they went up to Eddie, They're like, how's your heart? Like, they're always very kind, very very kind. I adore them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was really nice to me. Season nine, after my you know, my assistant passed away and I was devastated and her unfortunately, her brother passed away. So we had that that thing that bonded us, that grief. Yeah, yeah, grief. And she was explaining to me about her brief counseling and she was trying to help me through it, and you know, so we were chatting a lot during that time. I was even on the phone with her when my house was burning down.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's talk about that. So the house that you filmed in season one, that's not the same house that burned down, is it.
Speaker 3: No? Season one was a house that Kelsey and I shared together. Okay, so we left and I stayed in that house for several years, and that's my thought. We sold it and then I'm to another house. It was my first house that I purchased on my own after the divorce, and that's the one that burned down.
Speaker 2: So oh, it's it's got to be so incredibly hard to recover from something like that. Losing so many like memories, and you probably lost all your pictures and.
Speaker 3: Just a lot, yes, a lot. The firefighters were incredible. They knew that they couldn't save the house. At one point there was not enough water coming in through their hydrant, so they just said that They pushed out some of the artwork from the lower floor and some of my photographs that they could find. They were able to rescue those and put those aside. Everything was outside of the house, but anything on the second most of the house was a story, so the second floor.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing pictures of it. It was pretty scary.
Speaker 3: It was scary, but you know that I was more upset about Scott passing away, my longtime assistant house manager. He was so loyal he I met him through Kelsey, who was Kelsey's house manager. He stayed on with me after the divorce. He didn't like what Kelsey did. He said, I'm loyal to you, Emil. He was so angry at Kelsey, so disappointed in him, and we just had a bond Scott and I and it's one of my closest friends. Was like a good brother to me.
Speaker 2: So how is your relationship with Kelsey now? Do you even have a relationship now that you kids held.
Speaker 3: A relationship, and it's unfortunate, but you know, sometimes it happens.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised they're still Mary? Isn't she's like really young.
Speaker 3: Thirty years. Yeah, there's a thirty years.
Speaker 2: He's got to be pushed in seventy, right.
Speaker 3: Yes he is. Oh, there's so much I can say about that.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, don't bother, I don't other
Speaker 3: S