Speaker 1: What's up, Brindos and welcome into Leading Off. It's a Monday edition. I am Welsh, it is Bubba, and Leading Off is brought to you by Price Picks. Go and check out Price Picks today. Use promo code leading Off. Get a hundred bucks matched up one hundred percent of one hundred bucks matched on Price Picks. Just go use a promo code, make a little depositive deposit, have some fun today. Oh hello, Bubba, what a weekend of he knew he who shall not be named players, huge home run board changes and a whole bunch more Bubba, How was your weekend, my friend?
Speaker 2: It was good. It was a chill pretty hot where I live, pretty hot where you live. It's a relaxing weekend actually for the first time god knows how long. So yeah, just watch some baseball, watch some golf, and so far I am not in do not fly list, so we're good.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, Bubba and Welsh. He's staying out of trouble. I'm gonna stay out of trouble. In this segment, we will talk about that thing here in a little bit. Tons of talk about and we have a brand new where are Corbin and Welsh today. Uh, in just a little bit, I'm going to give you the hint, and then at the end when we get to the home run contest, I am going to We're going to get into it. Remember, I'm gonna start tallying. So this is going to be done only in the chat. So once I give the hint, and you know, leading up to it, you guys can give some guesses. I will tally in and I'm gonna have a little you know, autograph Corby Carroll card to give at the end of the season for everybody that hangs out and plays the game. Where are where are we? Now? That's what we're doing here. Over the weekend, Matt Olsen took over the home run board not just here and vaulting me up a little bit more. And Joe, Joe finds this amazing way every year to hone in on the player. When he leaves that he's just like, I'll take the player and that guy just has homer's galore because he took medals and I took medalson this week in Bubba. He had three homers this week and including a double dong day now forty three. I believe that is too up on Otani for the league lead in home runs.
Speaker 2: It is two up on Otani. It's got well over one hundred RBIs this year. It's crazy as recording a show on Sunday night and just bone blasts one off of the eighth inning, and I'm just like, the guy's just not human. It's like I just said it a while ago on Twitter. While the brains are a cheat coild right now and they don't even need coors Field, that just wherever they play. It's insane.
Speaker 1: He has nuts that you remember that bet we were talking about last week, the Akunya or any other player. Yeah, that's still live on DK.
Speaker 2: Olson's making an argument, but it's moved down.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit. It moved the plus was five hundred, it's moved to plus four hundred. Acunyas is still the exact same. Matt Olsen. Not to say that it would happen, because especially when you have two players eating into each other, but you do want to start talking about the crazy things that can happen with still like almost two months left of a season, he's got forty three. He's plus eighteen hundred. If you are trying to bet MVP Freddy Freeman is plus four hundred, and those are probably your two biggest bets. You're you're essentially betting Olsen and Freeman to beat Akunya when you get that plus four hundred. But if you want to bet Olsen eighteen hundred, the better odds are just sticking with him. He has been absolutely bonkers. I mean, do you think, how badly do you think we underestimated Matt Olsen? And how much do you buy this version of Matt Olsen right now going into next year. I know that's kind of a weird question. But he's got his batting of which is two seventy three. He's already hit over one hundred rbi. He's this week he's gonna probably crush thee hundred run marker. And you want to talk about, you know, baseball savant fishing. Here he is the king of Kings. It's ninety nine percentile bill percentage, ninety nine percent to a hard hit, walk is ninety six percent, oile x lug ninety eight percent tile Outside of the strikeouts, he's improved in every other facet. I just made an adjustment in my dynasty rank to kind of re establish who he's been this year. Do you think we're gonna be paying next year for what Olsen did this year? And that's gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: Us one hundred percent. You're gonna have to pay the piper on this one. I think he's close to this talent. I think he's more of a two fifty hitter, but the power's legit. This is who he is, especially in that ballpark he got to Oakland, which we all knew would benefit him in a big, big way. So yeah, I think he's worth every penny. He's like, I guess in the grand scheme of things, we're paying the price because if people like Pete Alonso, why don't you like Matt Olson, Like they should be going to the same conversation now come draft day. Alonzo's proven he can it for a better average, more consistently throughout his career. But Olsen, You're gonna pay the price. And that's just the way it's gonna go. It's gonna be interesting to see if it's worth enough, because he got Freddie Freeman, not his gold shmitht fall. Even more, he's not having the greatest season, but still a good season. Like that's a whole other discussion for later. At a different time. But yes, you will be paying for med Olson and it's probably worth it. Just know it ain't gonna be this good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like it doesn't mean it's like a negative when you say you're paying you know this for last year's production.
Speaker 2: You're pretty good. You're getting forty plus homers, even if it's two fifty average, he's gonna get one hundred rbiyes regardless, Like it's still going to be a great pay spot. But you will be paying.
Speaker 1: It's just like I think this year we paid for pet Alonzo the previous year, and that's maybe a little bit of disappointment, not to say that these are going to be the same. The strikeout worries definitely are something with Matt Olson, but you also can argue like there's so much lineup protection. And also walk made a great point. You want to talk about beneficiaries of the shift. That's one of the guys right there. You know it's a it's a big victory lap. He said the shift rules benefited him even if he's just.
Speaker 2: Hitting it over everybody. Yeah, did they shift in the bleachers? Did I miss that part?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the homers have been to yeah, but to that point, though I don't know. I don't know how much quantitative stuff we have. I don't have it like in front of me, but without the shift. I do think there are some pitchers that are pitching differently a la Sande Contra. I think the approach to pictures might be a little bit different on heavy pole guys. And Matt Olson is one of those players. So he did good by me this weekend, my friend. So wait till you see that home run board. Wel she's coming. If I could do the whistle the nigan, the.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I go say Omar's coming from the water.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be another Yeah, see right there, I nailed that Nigan's coming. But it's well, So let's get that photoshop in here, please, we're all photoshopped out.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: The Yankees absolute collapse. This is a quote by Clay Holmes. Over the weekend. The mountain gets bigger with every loss. We put together some wins and string them together and get some momentum going and then pull down the drain. And they gave up. I think it was a five run eighth or ninth, was it? It was a five runner from the Marlins, and the Yankees are in a full on collapse, So you know, we're not trying to celebrate, but a little bit, a little bit, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: A little bit. The Evil Empire for a reason.
Speaker 1: What do you think, by the way, is going to be the fantasy catalyst from this collapse? Is it going to be aggressiveness and free agency for players that they're going to go pick up. Do you think someone's losing their job? Do you think there's a player two that is going to get ousted?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How do you think they're going to rebound from this?
Speaker 2: It's going to be interesting because you know, Cashman's had his leash forever, but it feels like it's either let him spend all the money, which they've kind of held back in the last few years because they said they wanted to save Fortani and others, or Cashman's gone. That's going to be the real That'll be the first domino that will determine I think everything else after that, and that'll be the interesting part for sure.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. Dane Dunning this week, and I you know, we could have put him in the like three up and three down, but I wanted to highlight him with.
Speaker 2: The Giants first. I'm just gonna stop you right ahead.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but struck out twelve. He's now had double digit strikeouts in two of his last three. He has been kind of a monster. A three to ten ERA has a big all expected era though over a run over four point three five to his three to one zero era. Guys are hitting him hard. But this is one of those guys. I think we've talked about it here. You just have players, and especially if you make a board of players that defy what the underlying things say to you, I would say Dane Dunning is probably on this because there isn't much working in his favor as far as like what's good. You know, he doesn't walk a whole bunch of guys. He's a command pitcher, pitches to command. But he's taken this new step so far kind of really. Ever since the trade deadlineer for being on August, he's got a two to one eight RA over his last three starts, twenty nine strikeouts in twenty innings pitched, and looking at this, he did not have one single month leading up to this one where he had more strikeouts than innings pitched. Ever, and then this month he's gone off. Do you buy Dane Dunning rest of season because I'm pretty sure ownership is still very very palatable out there.
Speaker 2: The Dunning thing, he's still a streamer for me, is just much more like towards the top of the streamer list, if that makes sense for people. Uh, there's gonna be matchups where you might still get you okay racials, but strikeouts won't be there. But there's matchup like the Giants, he had the whiffs and like if you see if you're a CSW person, he had all that going. He was shutting him down. He's in the same kind of discussion as like a Brady Singer where they're getting you the ratios, but the strikeouts kind of fluctuate based on their outings. So I think Dunning is very very formidable and you're gonna have chances for wins with that lineup in a big, big way. So he's a good streamer going forward. I still can't start him confidently every time out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big strikeout teams do make me feel confident. I don't know. I'm like, probably one more start away, one more start like this, well.
Speaker 2: At least the middle of the pack team. I I'd be like, Okay, now we can kind of live with it.
Speaker 1: Could the Rangers have later this week, let's.
Speaker 2: Go to like they have the Angels to open I know the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they got the Angels right now, So dunning would be let's look at Friday. That team is a team with the name as the Brewers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so would you I'd start doing I started donning us the Brewers.
Speaker 1: I think we're getting into a space where it's like, okay, so who are you not starting donning a gait?
Speaker 2: Okay? The Braves a top probably like a top ten offense. I'm still staying away. Like the Ora, he hasn't face the Rangers, so that's good. The Orioles, like if he's going into Coors are great American.
Speaker 1: I'd be very hesitant you started versus team like Boston.
Speaker 2: Right now they're surging, so I'd be very nervous there. I'd be very nervous. That's why it's kind of like a I really would be picking my bad, especially as it's later in the season. If you get shelld it's really really hard now to fix those ratios. If you're in a roto format, I know, like you know itl they preach the head to head this time of year and everything. But if you're playing rotos, that he could be one of those guys that'd either he's great for you last few weeks or he could crush you in the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: Well that's ahead. He can crush you too, crush any possibility of your playoffs. You got to get ratios, right, That's why I get a little bit more worried. But I feel like he has become more startable than not startable, and those are guys. Is that it's like, you know, maybe you can start taking risks with with there are more teams that you can play him against than you can't, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: And he's got a good schedule. It's Milwaukee this week, at Minnesota next week. You're starting for both of those, So he's definitely on the path of you know, he's only got six or seven more starts, so you're probably starting at least four of those, just just thinking out loud, four or five at least. That's probably a pretty solid ad for sure.
Speaker 1: Lead you right into fantasy playoffs or crunch time for roto. Interesting stuff in the chat going on a lot of Matt Olson rank stuff. Vlad came in there, which is interesting, And you know, I just moved. I was moving flat down a little bit of my dynasty ranks, and I'm a little torn on Olsen versus Vlad long term, but like if you are just coming back to it for a second, Olsen has easily surpassed a Pete Alonzo, and I think for redraft next year it's still Freddie Freeman, but then it's Alonzo like right there those So essentially I think Olsen has flipped with Alonzo but pushed up where I think those got. I think it'll be hard pressed that Olsen and Freeman are both not top fifteen picks next year, and I think you could argue there's not a picture that deserves to go over them. So you know, the first round should be all hitters next year probably in most formats, and Vlad is tailing behind. A better debate would be Vlad versus Pete a Lonzo.
Speaker 2: I we I say, in reality, for me, it's Vlad verse a guy like Paul Goldschmidt. I guess Lad fall into fourth or fifth. I still have a Lonzo over Blad, but again that could be a debate. But how far does Blad go because he's still having an okay year, but he's not having a it's not a good round. It's like it's tough to justify a top three round pick right now.
Speaker 1: It's not good at all. Another piece here, This is a wood you rather Dylan Ceese had a seven inning, seven K game. It has been a bad season, mainly because of expectations and early victory laps by people that didn't want to hear that Dylan Seas could be bad. Versus Freddie Peralta, who has been I think I think, I mean, I guess if you presented them all to me, I would have a better idea of like things that I have got wrong or dismissed. You know, obviously I'll have things that I get right, and I'll be like annoying about it, but like I can one hundred percent acknowledge of things are wrong. I feel like Freddy Perrault is one of my biggest wrongs this year. I was just done with it over it. The lack of command, the lack of consistency. It's still been there a part of this season, but even when he started turning around, he has just been turning in around.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Freddy Perlta has been very, very good six innings, six strikeouts. I believe no earned runs in this one, and looking over his last couple, yeah, he has his last four. He's given up four total earned runs. He did have a big clunker in there against Atlanta, but you almost just kind of throw that off or something. Yeah, but he's got two thirteen strikeout games in there, hasn't struck out less than six in his last two. So who would you rather, not just like rest of season, but going into next year, Freddy pralt or Dylan Cease.
Speaker 2: I'm team Freddy Peralta on this one overseas. Yes, I was had seats to begin with because he had a great year last year, but he's always been a high wa guy and just consistency with him, so it was like prove it to me again, and he's kind of not proven it this year, if that makes sense to anybody. With Freddie, I've always liked fastball upside that he brings for a strike up. He's like multiple fastballs. He can is almost a little Lancelne light which what he does here. It's just it's also a walk thing with Freddie, who he's been able to stay without ten percent, where Cease usually goes over ten percent, So that's the big difference. Plus I like the situation of Milwaukee much more than Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think I'm the same. I mean, one of my big like he's gonna stink this year bold predictions was Dylan cease and that got people up in the arms. So that's what I'm saying. This is actually like a one I got right when I got wrong, and I'm kind of flipped in the same direction. You know, you pictures in like Baseball Savant pages and the little you know, scroll bars and stuff mean a lot less, but you want to dig into it, kind of like you were saying, Like the K percentage is almost thirty percent. Walk percentage isn't quite where it was last year, but expected era is a half run less. He's got a four point zero eight with a three four seven this season, and we've just seen the consistency. The four seam last year had a twenty it's essentially twenty five percent with rate. It's essentially a thirty percent with rate this year. Slider forty percent with rate last year or at thirty percent I'm sorry, forty seven percent this year. Way way more effective. Found his groove. Stella found his groove back, so I'm with Freddy.
Speaker 2: He's also getting healthier, like he had the injury last year, so he's gonna slow start. I got a little speed bump in the middle of the ear of the injury. He's last four start showing health and he's actually pitching really well.
Speaker 1: Uri Prisla had four runs on four hits and four innings and a no decision. Again. Yeah, well, the big thing I just want to point out is he's definitely he's on a strict pitch count. It was like eighty two innings. He's still fantastic. I think he's gonna be rough. It's good just these type of guys, it's gonna be rough the rest of the way through with their management and stuff like that. So you know, if you've got any keeper implications, you got a hold, but anything else, I think, I don't tell you to cut him or anything like that, but you know what, you might be better served to the guy like Dan Donning than Uri Perez. And I know that stinks like they'll be a good starter or two. But there's only so far that Eurie can go. So any bump or bruise in a long inning, and he's not going to qualify at the wins. So if you're really chasing wins and stuff like that, there's probably better options just to rest of the way through, because yeah, you just send him to the miners. He's just it's just gonna be.
Speaker 2: Bl Yeah, and we're gonna see that with a lot of these young arms coming up here, like the Guardians pitchers, they already we already do like a biby and those guys that they already were stretched out. But a lot of these young guys, you know, Wu's on the i OW in Seattle speculating the might be more innings based in the actual injury. There's there's a lot of guys like that that we're going to see in the next couple of weeks where it's be three innings here, skip a start here, and it's really gonna make fantasy implications, uh difficult.
Speaker 1: Angelo, by the way, on the U parlt to see said, I'll take byb over both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe we can.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could give Freddy a nickname. We can call him Stella, like Wonky Stella, Founder groove back, and we can we'll all just know that together, all right. Then the last thing Wandafranco is potentially in trouble. Not gonna do a whole bunch on Wander Franco today, not gonna do what the Internet does with it, but suffice it to say, if you have not paid attention, and you know, really not a lot of people knew what was going on because it was very internet and based. But then Jeff Passen kind of jumped into the fray. But Wander Franco is currently being investigated for some troubles. Oslavia's Baisby was brought up yesterday. They said it and early on they said it was very like clerical. If I'm being honest with you, I kind of don't believe the rays where they were like, oh, during the game, we found out about this stuff online.
Speaker 2: I don't think so you got tipped off.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's not he's not traveling. They brought up this guy. I don't believe it. But Wanderfranco is in some serious trouble, some serious trouble, some big allegations. You guys want to go check it out, you can. Uh, he is not traveling with the team. MLB is investigating some video photo stuff that kind of surfaced online with someone that is not his age, and it does not look good for Wander Franco. It's a bad, bad look and we god knows when we're gonna hear about it. But he is not traveling with the team, and it can go from worse to the worse, worse to even worser if you will with Wander Franco. So it is a nasty, nasty situation. Okay, turn the table, wipe that clean. Here. I'm going to give the Corbin Welsh where are we hint? Okay, so keep it in the back of your head. You guys want to jump in at any time, even maybe more preferably when we get there for your guesses, and I will mark you. The guess is Steve Martin. Steve Martin is the guess. I know, maybe it was too good of a guess.
Speaker 2: I guess the guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the guess for where in the world are Corbin or Welsh and Corbyn Carrol come up here? In just a tiny bit quick rookie lookie Brandon Fott racked up a career high eight strikeouts over five and two third innings and a no decision against the Padres. Just continues to get He's getting his groove back. Thank you, Matt Strom. Just want to just want to continuously reiterate how moving on the rubber has changed him and how he's able to you know, how he's able to throw in different spots. So you know, he has been very good. If you had like deep, deep keepers, I think that's a positive you can hold on to. I just think he's a guy that you could hold and you still might be able to spot start the rest of the way. Because Diamondback's got nobody else. They designated a bunch of dudes. They brought up Bryce Jarvis, my guy.
Speaker 2: But he's in right, it's all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a mess, it's a disaster, and our boy this I think. The very first comment in the chat today was about Zach Gehloff, who Bubba and I have been talking about since Bobba came back on So hat tip there four for five, two solo homers in a win and z Geloff he's not a league winner anything like that, but dude, he might be the pickup of the last month. And it continues to roll eight homer six dolen bases, hitting two point eighty one. He's cut that k percentage down and his expected batting average holds with a sixteen plus percent barrel percentage. It's very very nice. I mean, I don't know what you got to say on Galoff here.
Speaker 2: I've just been raving about him and tweeting about him and added him in all my leagues the last few weeks. But the one thing I will mention is an underdog. They tweeted it. I know it probably should have said that word on the show, but they tweeted out a list of all the rookie f wars and the leaders, and he didn't make the list because it's like top ten. But I tweeted out, I quot tweeted, I said, Zach Gelloff one point three flour in twenty five games, so like the lowest of the top ten was like two point one. He's almost in the top ten and twenty five games. That's how good he's been. He is. He is the second half fab Unicorn that Matt McClain was for the National League. This is who he is.
Speaker 1: Uhh, that's an introg you know. You know what it would be really fascinating breakdown would be McClain versus Gelloff because they have a lot of similarities. They were both in the AFL, you know, and Gelloff he was he was a little bit more inconsistent, but you know, great defender. You could see how he could get into his power. He could run, but there's more pop in McClain's back. But he was so inconsistent. It would actually be very interesting because let me look here.
Speaker 2: I remember I had a follower I was tweeting about Gloff on Saturday. He is the Matt McClain of the ALMNK. That's fricking genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, that's really interesting. Well, so the differences lie in, first off, the consistency of McClain for this long term. But they both have similar K percentage, similar walk percentage. I just went away. Let me see if I can go. I can go back and forth here hard hit percent but see hard hit percentage in the early front goes in favor of Gelloff, and the barrel percentage is really not close so far. So we'll have to see if that changes. Because a heart hit in for Galaf is forty eight compared to forty one, and it's nine to sixteen on the barrel percentage. But kind of similar players. I buy that one. I kind of dig that one, but Zach Geloff still must pick up if he's sitting out there, so don't delay act now on some injuries. Royce Lewis is going to be returning on Tuesday. God knows where he's gonna be playing, but we'll get to see Cash versatile. See you, Bye bye, bye bye. Hunter Brown is going to have his start skipped and is going to start next Friday versus Seattle, though they did say he'd be available in like a bullpen roll, so you know, we're into management time. I want to put like my blinders on for it, but sometimes we're just in management with these rookies. This is why I don't heavily invest in rookies in general. And this year has proven more than ever how fun it is to just be aggressive on the wire and pick up the guy the Biby's and Bradley's when they're good, and Bobby Miller's and stuff like that, instead of heavy investment, which you know, even Hunter Brown wasn't a heavy investment. Shohel Tani is gonna miss his start versus Texas with fatigue, and we'll start next versus Cincinnati. Any little slowdown worries for Otani with like the role he's had. I kind of do feel like this is an opportunity, even though he had his forty first home over the weekend. These are the type of things I feel like I'm gonna push Matt Olsen up a little bit, you know, like you're gonna push starts. Otani's gotta be wearing down. I mean, no one's no one's going harder than Otani this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's wearing down. We see all these cramps and all he's like every time he goes out there, there's a new injury. It feels like he's gonna need a breather. The fact the Angels went all in and then they have him like one two games maybe since then it's time to start putting the white flag up and Otani. That's the fact. Is Otani told the manager Phil Nevin he wanted a day off for fatigue. That says everything he needs to know right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. He's doing a little bit here all right. Oh, I think we had another Jonahim activated from the IL had a schedule.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Mister Cortez back on the aisle with rotator cuff strain. Probably gonna miss the rest of the season, so no bueno. Three up, three down. Someone just mentioned it Trevor's story. How about your story going four for four with two runs scored as the Red Sox beat the Tigers? Are you kind of back in with story?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm mom all in on story. It's you know, you flip the page and it's a great time.
Speaker 1: Whichever story or Gallof rest of the season.
Speaker 2: I think I had this question by someone else. I said gell Off, because I don't think story is gonna be fully good to go till like first or September. It's close. But he did the four for four here, which is a great, a fully healthy story of tech. Story one.
Speaker 1: I need to see the chat because we got both story in Galloff fans story or gell Off.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. Probably story like that's probably the smart play. I just love Geloff man my my bias, and what he's done is amazing.
Speaker 1: I want to see I want to see you guys go in there. On the rest of the three ups, Oner Jimenez went four for five with the homer and a stolen base, and Julio Earl is seven innings. I can't roll my tongue, so I can't do like Joe, we do. I can't do that. Julio Aria seven innings, three and runs, but twelve strikeouts. That is not something that he does a lot. On the three down Jamison ti On three innings and eight earned runs. Jake Bowers zero for five with four k's, and Cees had a dual match up eight at bats. He had one hit but four strikeouts. No bueno, my friends, no bueno at all. But what is bueno? As soon as I can find it? Takes us too real quick? Now, hold on, we'll do price Yeah, I know what you're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: We'll go there.
Speaker 1: Price Picks promo code leading off a one hundred percent match up to one hundred dollars when you do it. Get it today, download the app and make awesome picks just like Bubba and I do. Get to Price Picks today. Use that promo code leading off. I believe you're going to mention the Wander Franco news, which is wander Franco has officially been placed on the restricted list.
Speaker 2: Was there something else we ain't going to see him the rest of the year. That's what that comes down to. I will say, unless it's a quick investigation, that's all I know.
Speaker 1: I will say this is a standard play for an investigation, so they have roster flexibility. I don't think this is this thing being placed on the restricted list. I don't think this is the smoking gun at all. I think this is the standard procedure. But that twenty four hours they didn't get the insight that they had probably not a good sign.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's not good.
Speaker 1: Pretty ugly, it's a pretty ugly situation. Yikes. But price picks very pretty Hey, price picks, what are we picking? We're not gonna be picking one to Franco in there, Bubba, So what do you go?
Speaker 2: Big meat Pete, Pete Alonso. I like him against Quinn Priester today. PreCure with tons of hard contact, Alonzos heating up over one and a half hits, runs and RBI seems too good to be true. Corbyn, Carrol Cooorsfield, Chris Flexen over nine and a half Fantasy points. That's easy peasy for me, and I'll stay with that game. Could tell Marte over eight and a half fantasy points as well. Honestly, I didn't love the board a ton. When I looked at the price picks today, I would.
Speaker 1: Agree with you on that. I took Logan Gilbert with the fantasy score thirty one and a half, Corbyn Carrol eight and a half hitting in Colorado against Chris Flexen just seems like a fantastic spot. I'm gonna throw this out to you too to tell Marte pretty damn good. So I might throw kateel Marte in there if you want as well, if you want to attack Colorado. And then I went with Max Scherzer strikeouts seven and a half under. Now I know the Angels strikeout more than anybody, but also just a couple at bats getting to Max, He's just not gonna be able to get there. Last five starts he did go over eight once or eight plus, so he can still get to seven and not and he will cash this because it's under seven and a half. So Gilbert Logan Gilbert fantasy score, Corbyn Carrol Fantasy score, and Max Scherzer under is where I'm going. Also want to point out how hilarious hilarious is gell Off story thing is because Wonkee goes gell Off, Lee Go's story one hundred and then we have gell Off and then we have Toy story. No question, you know, it's almost chat yeah. Yeah, but it's also funny. Is like everyone's like, no, this is not even a question, and it's like, well, one hundred percent is a question because we keep going with it. Yeah, bets, going with the best bets. I've got two that I locked into. Like you said, it's kind of a rough, weird day. What I did love, I don't care what the juice is. Atlanta through the first five innings, team total runs two and a half smash for me. That offense is banging. They're going up against Clark Schmidt. I love that play.
Speaker 2: It is juiced.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to play it with something, maybe you want to put it with some fun money line somewhere, or you just pay the juice and say screw it. But through the first five innings, team total runs two and a half over for Atlanta today. And then I also like the Seattle Kansas City first five under total runs that's four and a half. Now why because Brady Singer's been kind of hot. Logan Gilbert's a monster, so under total runs between the two teams four and a half through the first five innings. Those are my two favorite bets today.
Speaker 2: What do you got, Bubba Pete Alonzo go back to big beat Pete here over one and a half total basis plus one forty, which is just sliy to me. You'll see why later, Zach Geloff, I'm gonna keep riding the hot hand here over one and a half total basis at plus one twenty five facing Miles Micholas. That seems pretty nice to me. Is plus money in general. And then I also like in that game Saint Louis first five over two and a half runs minus one twenty five. I think Saint Louis takes care of JP series giving up four runs a game on the rig these days.
Speaker 1: MA, right, what do you got on DFS? What are we playing?
Speaker 2: Mad Max versus the Angels. Pitching stinks on this slate, So Mad Max, if you just want to punt pitching, I'm cool with that. Mikolas at seven k versus the Aids, Rays, Rodriguez six six point four caver San Diego. I like Grayson at that price quite a bit, stacking it up obviously, Arizona and Cooors versus Flexing, Saint Louis vers Spear or JT sears A Pars, and then the Rangers versus Lefty Patrick Sandoval and there's not a ton of value, honestly, but Pagero of Pittsburgh second may short stop two point eight cavers Carrasco has been hidden really well. Actually since the All Star break. Nelson, Alaska has two point seven K mentioned him last week. He homered Friday and Saturday. If you're keeping tracking home and they sent Edward Oliveris down and kept Blaskaz up when Drew Waters came back. So Nellie Velaskas two point seven Waters two point five. Ye just want some value versus Kirby, but I mean versus Logan Gilbert. But I'd probably go elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Where in the world are Welsh and Corbyn Carroll? Your hint was Steve Martin. I made some production over the weekend. Think on it. You have thirty more seconds to lock your pick in because where in the I know I'm gonna go to you first? Where in the world are Welsh and Corbyn Carroll? Where are we the last guesses are getting in? I see a couple of funny ones. I will tell you, unfortunately for the chat, because this is it right here in North Korea. I have not seen one person get it correct. So, Bubba, where are Corbyn and I?
Speaker 2: This might just be me overthinking because I know you at at your sarcasm level, he said Steve Martin. So I went with three amigos and I went the Alamo. But I could be totally wrong.
Speaker 1: Boy, that is a great one and I love I love three.
Speaker 2: Me That's why I went there. I was like, okay, that's it's.
Speaker 1: One of my all times. It's one of my all times save o. Actually Green Canyon was last time. That was from last time. I'm going to be incorporating them as we go. No, it was a much deeper hint. If you know Steve Martin, you know King Tut, d da da da. We are at the Pyramids. That's right. We're in Egypt. We took a plane, we flew out, me and Corbyn. We're seeing the sites. We're seeing one of the seven Wonders of the world. Ken, you be so funky. Duda California down Da da da da da King Tut that's it. There you go. Me and Corbyn. We visited the Great Pyramids and hopefully we're gonna visit the batting cages next. Is going to be happening because it hasn't been going so super great, but there you go. Nobody got it right. I'm so sorry. But next time we will keep going with where in the world are Corbin and the Welsh? That's where we were. We were at the Pyramids, so that'll be incore brand into the open. I hope you guys like the open I made that. Like I have a bad habit of when I don't have the time to do things, my brain gets locked into something and I have to make it the old itl days. I would spend four hours making a song when that four hours could have been done as something so much, so much better. I could have put my time and usage in there. But I did make the open. It continues on Wednesday. We'll do it again here, Bubba, who do you have for your home run? Call today and then I'll put up the home run board.
Speaker 2: Go on with my strake here Big Meat Pete's polar Bear going up against a priest or, Pete Alonzo.
Speaker 1: I think people are liking your name, your name.
Speaker 2: See the shows. They don't listen to my other content. I've been calling on this forever, Big.
Speaker 1: Meat Pete home run board. Don't look now, ladies and gentlemen. Blue Harvester did pick up one this weekend. JJ Tator did not. I don't know if Hoffman and Razor moved, but look at that at number five. I have tied it up with Wonky me and Wonky at thirty five because I had a three homer weekend. We have Randy Helpless in Miami and a couple others. I will say, we're probably getting to the time of the year where some people are bailing out, so the board isn't probably going to do a crazy move. But from a stat perspective, Wonkee, I'm very curious. Can you tell me and maybe we can figure this out. I want to know who on leading off of any of the hosts have had the most homers of all time. What would the most homers of all time from a leading off personality? If it was you, It's probably going to be you or Joe, But I know Mayer did really good last year. Let's find out what that is because I want to see where you and I are are rocking on the board. But that is where the homer on board is and I'm looking to keep it going. So today I'm going with another brave Austin Riley Austin Riley, by the way, I believe has like seventeen of his homers or some instant twenty one of his homers on Righty's. This year, he's been destroying Righty. So I'm very much about this matchup. I was trying to get involved with it. So that is where I want. So I say, we're saying Joe has the record. What did Joe have last year? Yuck? See, I want to beat that. That's my goal, Like I want this way.
Speaker 2: Joe left Aaron Judge every day, so that worked out pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's why I want to know, like, did how far did he go? Did he go to forty something like that? I want to take that ten. Now, if we're talking about winning percentage of hit percentage, it might be Bubba, because Bubba, I think you're at like a sixty percent hit rate right now, which has been absurd. So there you guys go. I hope you guys enjoyed all of it. I hope you enjoyed. Where in the world is Welsh and Corbyn Carroll? We'll play that again. So again I'm gonna be telling nobody's on the board. So Wednesday will do it again. I'll be keeping those names. Will also be given away that autograph Corby and Carrol helmet to someone on the home Run Contest via Dennis Sidler and sids Grass. You guys go check out price Picks today. We want to thank them and thank all of you guys for continuing to hang out. Make sure you subscribe to the YouTube, keep those numbers up. Support the baseball. I know you guys are the hardcore crew out there that want to support. When you see other outlets letting go of baseball, we are not, so make s sure you're supporting that. Be subscribed to the podcast and follow Bubba on Twitter at beb Intric myself is it the Welsh and we will be back on Wednesday to break it all down for Bubba. I'm Welsh. You guys have a fantastic one. Goodbye for now, Frindos, peace out,