Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Made it to a Friday. It's a meat Friday at that and lucky for you, I'm coming back. I'm not retiring. Who stays around longer me or Lebron? I'm going me. I'm going to stay around longer than Lebron James.
Speaker 2: You have inside information, yes I do.
Speaker 1: Sources close to me tell me. If they would have invited me to the SP's I would have made the announcement there. But nope, they had to invite Pat McAfee to be the host, not me.
Speaker 3: And the winner of the best Radio TV Show former ESPN that left seventeen years ago award goes two, Dan Patrick?
Speaker 1: How did I win that one? You guys said we would never get into Anchorage, Alaska, and I told you you're wrong. Because the Dan Patrick Show can now be heard on Fox Sports five fifty am, Anchorage, Alaska. They dropped a twenty five year affiliation with ESPN Radio. I want to thank Crash, the program director, and the VP of Programming, Mark Murphy, adding to the already impressive list of radio shows that carry this program. I have very good friends who live in Anchorage, Alaska.
Speaker 3: Well, give a shout out, right shout out, Tommy, Amanda, what's up.
Speaker 1: Killing it? Say hello to the girls. Meet Friday. Okay, you're wondering and I know you are. What are you having today? Well? In honor of Lebron James Tacos, It's Taco Friday. Okay, why not skirt steak Street tacos, loaded grilled chicken tacos, pulled pork nachos. Who hasn't better than we do? Nobody giddy ah dear. This program brought to you by the great folks at Kings Hawaiian. They want every Sunday to be a slider Sunday. We love our partners at Kings Hawaiian as they want you to get together with family and friends and Kings Hawaiian bun stat of the Day brought to you by Panania America, the official official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Coming up, we'll talk to the great Baseball reporter Buster only for the Mothership. I think there's a mystery team that could be interested in Shoheu Tani, A mystery team that will shock you. Giants are probably interested. The Dodgers, you have, the Yankees, maybe another team or two in their Texas Rangers a lot of success. I think there is a mystery team that will shock you. We'll talk to Buster coming up next hour. Our good buddy, my childhood he rowe, Jerry West, the Laker Hall of Famer, will join us coming up a little bit later on as well. Baseball starts back up tonight. You got the Dodgers and the Mets in New York, weather permitting. NFL camps open on Tuesday. Explain this to me. There are some camps that open up on the same day as everybody else, and then they're ones that maybe three days later will open up. Tuesday is the official date that you can open up your training camp. But then there are other camps that open up like three days later, two days later. Is there any logic to this? I would think if you're in the Hall of Fame game, you should be able to get there before everybody else does because you have the first preseason game.
Speaker 2: Yes, Pauling, Yeah, I'm looking at all the dates and they're very random. Like the Cleveland Browns, everybody reports, even the veterans, by the twenty first, but then a bunch of other places, like the Packers, it's the twenty fifth for the veterans, but the Kancity Chiefs the veterans are on the twenty second. What if there is a rule that the worst you are as a team the previous year, the earlier you're allowed to start practice like June for the Texans, right like the Bears cause started in May. Yeah, because they need it.
Speaker 1: They could have started right after the Super Bowl. Could help, Yeah, they could have.
Speaker 2: They could be kind of cool role. Yeah, But there's a bunch of randomness and I can't see any most of them. The veterans report on the twenty fifth, but there's a few that report earlier.
Speaker 1: I don't know if everybody's happy that the Jets are going to be on Hard Knocks. I'm okay with it, but it felt like the Jets went kicking and screaming into Hard Knocks. Here's Aaron Rodgers on that topic.
Speaker 4: One of the only things I like about Hard Knocks is the voice of God who narrates it. Leeve I hope I get to meet him. But look, you know, I understand the appeal with us. Obviously, there's a lot of eyes on me, a lot of eyes on our team, a lot of expectations for US squad. So they forced it down our throats and we have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Force it down your throat. Now, if you get Aaron Rodgers being the true Aaron Rodgers, then Hard Knocks could be really interesting where they say, hey, Aaron, can we talk to you not today? Or he doesn't want to cooperate. It would be a little bit and then it could be interesting. But let's look at Hard Knocks. It's formulaic. We sort of know what's going to happen. It's rare that they focus on the star unless the star is always, you know, like omnipresent, like JJ Watt was always there, always willing, and they focused on him. But with Aaron Rodgers, I don't know if he wants the publicity. I think he likes publicity, but does he he likes it when he likes it, when he wants it, when you want it, then maybe he's not as accommodating here. But this to me should be about a rookie not drafted, baby on the way trying to make the roster, or somebody plays a musical instrument like Chad what was it Chad Hutchinson with the Cowboys years ago? Yeah, quarterback, Yeah, he played guitar, that's all I remember about it that he played guitar. I don't know if he could play quarterback. I don't even know if he could play guitar. And then I would focus on Zach Wilson. I think Zach Wilson should be the folk point of the Jets with Hard Knocks, because Okay, now you've taken away the marquee guys, the starters, and you can focus on an interesting story of number two overall pick got humbled, got bnched. Now all of a sudden, he's watching Aaron Rodgers learning from Aaron Rodgers. Is Aaron Rodgers going to help him? You know when Rogers got to the Packers, Bett Farv didn't help him. I don't know how much Tom Brady helps Jimmy Garoppolo when they're in New England, but that would be interesting Rogers helping or not helping Zach Wilson and then seeing what that maturation process is, yes, pulling.
Speaker 2: I think Aaron Rodgers loves being on Hard Knocks. He hates being told what to do right, like it's weird. He loves them. He'll probably enjoy the cameras enjoy the most.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that if they weren't asked if Benny would have wanted to have been on.
Speaker 2: It exactly, if somehow the Jets had a choice and requested. I think a few owners in the pass have requested to do it, including Jerry Jones. He would have been fine with it, but I don't think he. I'm sure he does not like being told what to do.
Speaker 3: Did you see where Jerry Jones gave Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court a cowboys ring?
Speaker 1: But I don't know. It can't be a super Bowl ring because that's a long time ago. But Jerry Jones gave Clarence Thomas a cowboys ring, but I don't Can you find out if it's a super Bowl ring because that would have been a long time ago. I was kind of surprised at that that he was Yes, bum.
Speaker 2: It appears to that he's gifted a super Bowl ring, a copy of a Super Bowl ring back a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Well when did he get the ring?
Speaker 2: When was it given Justice Thomas?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Checking, okay, because there hasn't been a recent Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: What did you try to full him?
Speaker 1: You give him like a twenty thirteen No, No, give him like a Kansas City Chief Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 2: You know it says this was a long time ago. Oh okay, obviously it was a long time ago with that ring.
Speaker 1: I have some friends in the media who have gotten super Bowl rings because they're friends of the owner, you know, friends of the team. But I can imagine Jerry Jones would say, you know, he gave Clarence Thomas a super Bowl ring because he's a leader. He's a leader. Eight seven seven three DP show. This is a wacky day. It is. It is gonna be a goofy show today.
Speaker 2: Would you rather be on the Supreme Court or own the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I'd rather own the Dallas Cowboys really make more money? Yeah, well, I don't know. It sounds like they're getting a lot of gifts there on the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: Either can lose their job under any circumstances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would rather own the Cowboys than Supreme Yeah, Supreme Court doesn't sound like gating fun. You put on a robe, then you sit there and you got to decide, get to.
Speaker 2: Wear a robe to work and be fantastic.
Speaker 1: You can wear a robe here? Really?
Speaker 2: Yes, you should not tell Fritzy that, yes.
Speaker 1: You could wear You can wear a robe if you want to like a Harry Potter robe if you want to, I think.
Speaker 2: I go Supreme Court. That seems like a real accomplishment.
Speaker 1: Well, if I got the Cowboys to the super Bowl, that's a real accomplishment.
Speaker 2: I think it's three court might be easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have Clarence Thomas assuming office in nineteen ninety one, oh so, so he would have been there for a couple of a couple of couple of Cowboys super Bowl maybe thrice.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 5: Pauly, I disagree with you Brown versus Board or getting the Cowboys in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Come on, overturning legislations easier to get this Cowboys.
Speaker 1: By the way, I think Jerry Jones is more powerful than Clarence Thomas with the NFL.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: By the way, we always have Marvin's cookout playlist and he says to me yesterday, Hey, how about our favorite TV theme songs? And I said, sure, I'm all in. Everybody picked their favorite TV theme song and then we'll play those. They'll be the sprinkled throughout the show.
Speaker 3: Some of us picked two, but only really one who picked two? Well, I sent him two and I said, here's one that I like. But then have this one ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, but why do you do that? Because I wanted to, but you only get one? Yeah, no, no, but.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get he's gonna bump back with one, and then I'm gonna be like, but I was really torn with this other one.
Speaker 1: Marvin hit this other one.
Speaker 3: No, that's not gonna get too and yeah, well it's a TV theme songs that'll be the Marvin's Cookout playlist Today eight seven to seven three DP show email ADDRESSDPA Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a TP show.
Speaker 1: Good morning. We're watching on Peacock. Thank you, download the app and our radio affiliates including Fox Sports five fifty am, Anchorage, Alaska. Poll question today, I sai, oh boy, we got some of a Friday fritzy pole questions. All right, Todd, do you want to give me one or two?
Speaker 7: I would like to Okay.
Speaker 8: I'm most excited this weekend that Major League Baseball is back for the Wimbledon finals, that Summer League basketball is ending, to see how the Genesis Scottish Open plays.
Speaker 1: So that it's ending like that. That would make you excited.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some people like you know enough of that stuff, protecting.
Speaker 1: Excited, but excited that it's the most excited.
Speaker 8: And some people maybe, you know what, I just had enough of these meaningless games. And when Bianna's not even playing, I.
Speaker 1: Would probably say that baseball's back, followed by the Scottish Open and then Wimbledon.
Speaker 7: Wimbledon third, you'd play in the final.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I mean I watch, but.
Speaker 7: The Genesis Scottish Open over the Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: Father, Well, I love the scenery. I love when you have golf in Europe because we don't get to see. And then the Open Championship is going to be at Royal Liverpool, so I'm excited about that. I like seeing courses that I've never seen before. What else do you have time like that?
Speaker 3: Nobody, by the way, like Scoot and Brandon Miller, they're not being called off for a bound out now of Summer League.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, we're done, we're shutting. Well, Scoot Scoot out an injury. Yeah, Victor one Byama did not, But I am no allegedly, I have no hurt feelings. Yeah, hurt hurt feelings. I have no problem if he played a couple of games. What is this is a long process. People are desperate to have something to talk about. What are we going to talk about today? We got our rip victor one Byama. He played in two Summer League games. If you look down the list of number one picks who played in the Summer League or didn't play at all, did anybody say, well, Lucas Soft, he's not playing in the Summer League. Now he wasn't the number one overall pick. But what else do you have, Toddler?
Speaker 7: How many kids is too many?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 7: Or five?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 1: Hold hold on, hold on, hold on. Philip Rivers and his wife announced that they are pregnant with their tenth.
Speaker 9: Child, double digit children?
Speaker 1: Yes, so he needs one more for starting lineup football?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: So how many kids is too many?
Speaker 9: Choices?
Speaker 7: Being four, five, six, seven, eight or nine ten or more? One is too many?
Speaker 9: Wow, that's hot.
Speaker 1: Well why didn't you get like two in there? Or two and a half?
Speaker 7: The average family has like two and a half kids. I took two and three off the board, so I started with a lot, a lot more, even a lot more. Just having one has become.
Speaker 1: Just okay, we'll revisit that. What else do you have today?
Speaker 7: How much sleep have you lost waiting to see if show? Hey o Tani gets traded a couple of hours here in there.
Speaker 1: I think you're being very scas. A lot of that is extremely sarcastic.
Speaker 9: That could be a I could be that, Okay.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 9: I'm exhausted.
Speaker 8: Strangely enough, I've actually gotten more rest lately with everything hovering over the Angels and Anaheim, which show he's going.
Speaker 1: To do okay, anything else.
Speaker 7: And then if Hard Knocks was about your love life.
Speaker 1: No, no, hold this one, this one, hold this one. How about we take a break?
Speaker 9: Yea, let's take a.
Speaker 1: Break, and then we'll come back with this one, because I just saw this when you send it to me. If Hard Knocks was about your love life, what song would represent? What the cameras pick up?
Speaker 7: Interesting on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Let's let's take a break. Just getting started. It's a Friday. Glad to have you a part of the program. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Well, when an intruder threatens your home, every second counts, and that's why I'm excited to tell you about the latest innovation from simply Safe Home Security. It's called twenty four to seven Liveguard Protection, and it's made possible only by Simply Safe's new smart alarm, wireless indoor camera, Fast Protect monitoring plan. If you sign up for that, if an intruder breaks into your home, simply Safe has monitoring agents they can actually see, speak too, and maybe stop them from going through all your personal items. And that's through the camera warning them that they're being recorded and police are on the way. It's a game changer in homes security. But then we should expect that with simply Safe Home Security twenty four to seven Live guard protection, the new smart indoor camera, Simply Safe professional monitoring cost under a dollar a day. Of bargain for peace of mind right now, my listeners special twenty percent off any simply Safe system you sign up for Fast Protect monitoring. That's a big offer for a limited time. Simplysafeedan dot com. There is no safe like simply Safe. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Marvin's Cookout Playlist, TV themes songs, I'm supposed to guess, who pick this. I'm going to say Fritzy picked good times, Marvin.
Speaker 10: He did not.
Speaker 7: It was high on my list, but that was not me.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 10: I did not, paul did.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was a big fan of the series. I thought it was great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: It was based on South side of Chicago. Actually, like the exterior shots I think were the Cabrini Greenholmes uh in Chicago. Very good show. Loved John Amos. I thought he's a great actor.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that was J. J. Walker.
Speaker 10: Yep, he was.
Speaker 2: Master role John Amos, Jimmy Williams.
Speaker 10: And who is the sister Thelma?
Speaker 2: Thelma?
Speaker 1: Thelma?
Speaker 2: And Janet Jackson and I think season five was on the show. Okay, played Penny. No, no, she played Penny. Yeah, I think Penny.
Speaker 1: All right, So Marvin's cookout playlist today is a TV theme songs Yes time.
Speaker 8: And how would you mean walk her into the phone? You guys remember no Hello? That's how we would answer the phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we probably could have done it was Paulie's song by the way, all right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Before we took a commercial break, Todd had a pole question here, a couple of pole questions, but the last one I said, let's hold off on this. So if you would like to recite that again.
Speaker 8: If Hard Knocks was about your love life, what song would represent what.
Speaker 7: The camera is pick up?
Speaker 8: Okay, the choice is being and there's a lot of others you can go with, but I came up with nobody does it better. It's really the spy who loved me. But that line, nobody does it better is what I pulled out of that title bringing sexy back. You lost that love and feeling. Though you give love a bad name. I want you to want me go your own way. Somebody that I used to know, the way we were, we are never ever getting back together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be honest with me.
Speaker 7: Sure a lot of negative ones in there.
Speaker 1: How how long did you work on that?
Speaker 8: I did that this morning for a couple of minutes before the show. I was just thinking about something Hard Knocks and get related. What we could do on a Friday. There would be fun, you know with Hard Knocks and Cam was following you around.
Speaker 3: See See Like that's the thing about these lists are like when Todd does names or the sports centerties or I don't think he spends much time on them at all.
Speaker 1: I think it's free flowing. I think it just pours out of him.
Speaker 2: So maybe more time.
Speaker 1: But but the fact that you said, how much sleep have you loust waiting to see if Sho he O Tani is traded?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's my sarcastic, passive aggressive way of saying, like, oh my god, is there anything else to talk about besides.
Speaker 3: What's hor You're not an Angels fan, though I'm not, so why would you care if Angels fans might be like, oh crap, we're gonna lose the best player.
Speaker 1: And since Babe Ruth, do you think the owner, Ardie Moreno is losing sleep?
Speaker 7: I think he is losing a little. That's a big for him. That's a big, big decision to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the rest of us maybe not so much. But you're kind of brushing at all.
Speaker 7: He's the biggest name in baseball whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, If like somebody said, how much sleep do you lose over guest booking on the Dan Patrick Show? I would be like, zero zero sleep. It doesn't affect my life, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. On the other hand, gonna be like it keeps me up all night. Okay, So now maybe you could understand what Ardie Moreno and the Angels are going through with show. Heyo, Tom.
Speaker 8: But I'm just curious as the average baseball fan. And since it's you know, talked about a national TV including ours obviously, that we must think that everyone cares be Angels.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna lose sleep based on our guest list. I don't think Todd's losing much sleep either.
Speaker 1: No, that's scarious.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, yes, some people may be restless over there.
Speaker 2: You don't have to even be a baseball fan or an Angels fan, nor a baseball fan. This is one of the biggest dilemmas in sports recent sports history. I can't I can't remember one this bad. You know, it's I guess it compares to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Well, Lebron years ago and they didn't know what He's gonna do and if they had to do over this is happening as we speak, and the Angels are either going to be left out in the cold with one of the worst UH free agent moves or non moves of all time, or they're gonna reset their franchise.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing is is even if you do trade o tany we may not see the results for the Angels for a couple of years. You're gonna have to live with this for a couple of years. And if he goes to the Dodgers, you're gonna hear about this every day. You're gonna read about this every day. It's gonna lead the baseball coverage show. Hey Otani, Although I did you know, for some reason, I had this image of Otani in those crisp white Dodger uniforms, gorgeous like you just go. I could see that, I could see it, But then I could also see the Yankees. I think San Francisco would be in this because they were really in it till the end with Aaron Judge, Carlos Korea. Oh, I got a stat on Carlos koreb And I'm sure not many shows today are gonna care about Carlos Korea. Let me see if I can find this, Yes, PAULI.
Speaker 2: With Otani, if you compare it to Lebron, James Lebron was twenty five, just turned twenty six when they were in this dilemma. Yeah, Otani's twenty eight, and I don't.
Speaker 1: See twenty eight or twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I think he turned just I'm sorry he turned twenty nine last week yet? Okay, but can he be hotter? Can can he as a stock? As a property? Can he be any hotter than he is right now?
Speaker 1: It does Probably not? Probably not? What if he won the cy Young and the MVP?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's reasonable.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mentioned Carlos Korea that the Giants were all in on Carlos Korea and former Astro. The Minnesota Twins have just two hitters with enough plate appearances to qualify for the batting title, and nobody's winning the batting title. Carlos Correa has the highest batting average on the Minnesota Twins. Anybody want to take a guess on that the best hitter average wise is Carlos Korea?
Speaker 7: Yes, Tom, I hope it's like at least two sixty seven, or.
Speaker 1: I think to sixty seven. Seat O'Connor, uh, let me say three fifty seven, Marvin.
Speaker 10: To seventy eight, all right, Paully.
Speaker 1: Two sixty twenty five. It's terrible. The lowest team leading batting average at the All Star Break since nineteen thirty three.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at their starting lineup right now to ten to eleven, two seventeen, two oh seven, two oh eight. These are their starting hit.
Speaker 1: Yes, nobody cares about batting average.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Darius Rucker stat of the day, that of the day?
Speaker 9: Here it comes is that of the day? Supposed that of the day?
Speaker 5: Is that of the day?
Speaker 6: Here comes the stat of the day.
Speaker 1: By the way, we have to have Darius Rucker on soon because he has to pay up on the bet when he's in concert here in a few weeks and you get to go on stage prior to the start of his show. You're the warm up act.
Speaker 7: I still gonna keep up that end of the bar.
Speaker 1: Well he's supposed to. You get to sing two songs to the audience that's got that's gonna be wild. Yes, Pauline, I.
Speaker 2: Know Darius a little bit. I think he's gonna pull every movie. Can'd he get out of this one?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna let him borderline retirements, retire from singing.
Speaker 1: In Uh So, let's settle on a poll question today or seeing. Do you have other ones that may be a little more base in reality?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, we have a couple of more real ones.
Speaker 1: But you know you're not the Darius Rucker thing.
Speaker 3: You know how like fans right now all the time are bringing up or excuse me, artists are always bringing up fans to do things, but it's usually a little kid. It's not usually a fella at Todd's stage of life.
Speaker 1: Well, they might think Todd's will make a wish kid nice and get up there, very nice. Yeah, let's bring out Todd Fritz. Oh gosh, what's wrong with him everything?
Speaker 3: Here's one that Paul sent in this question if for this question is for those who already have a kid or kids. So, if you're already a parent, would you rather have ten kids or no kids? I guess that's a statement on how much you like your current kids?
Speaker 1: Sure is, Paul?
Speaker 3: Is there is this a passive aggressive Paul question? Then you want to get off your chest?
Speaker 2: Or but if I let's say you met a girl and she said I don't want to have kids?
Speaker 3: I'm okay, I did, by the way, oh literally, like the very first day I met my wife And do you ever want to get married?
Speaker 1: I to nope. Do you ever want to have kids? Nope?
Speaker 3: She was like perfect, no joke. Okay, but how did that change? What do you mean, well, you got married and you got a kid. Yeah, I don't know. It's crazy it's the craziest thing. Yeah, yeah, literally the first day we met. You want to get married, Nope, you gonna have kids?
Speaker 1: Never? Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a hypothetic. Let's say you met two girls and you like them both, and one said, I never want to have kids. I'm a hard liner, and the other says, I want to have like seven or eight, and she's a hard liner about that. Which direction do you think you would go? You're thirty years.
Speaker 1: Old, probably the woman who wanted to have kids a lot, but not well, yeah, because I'm I'm from a family of six, so I know that feeling, and I would have wanted to replicate that. If I could, I would have had more kids, you know. But uh, you know four is good good number.
Speaker 8: Why you have the same kid that had like that one little teeny piece of bolooney? There was baillion enough food to go around. If you didn't get to the table on time, you probably weren't going to have dinner that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it made me who I am. You know, my parents didn't have the time to cater to us like you. You showed up on time. Dinner was at six o'clock, and if you got there at six oh four, then you're losing meat loaf. And then Mom would say, go get some raisins or a slice of baloney. That's all right. I wasn't catered to like you were when mom. That's my point. If it was just you would one or two other siblings.
Speaker 8: You might have had the raisins and the company or meat loaf and two pieces of I would be like you right, if you too, I see your part.
Speaker 3: Yes, when you think about the baloney sandwich example that was just given, or like if you didn't get to the table, you weren't eating kind of thing. And then you fast forward to modern times and you look around this studio where the word hoarder has been used before. Do you think there's any correlation there? Two, that you grew up being like having to like scrap for everything, but now that you're at this stage of life, you hold on to literally every possible.
Speaker 1: Thing you can hold onto.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, that's very fast there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yes, I don't throw anything away. No, you you're keeping everything. I keep everything, But it's because I didn't have interesting. I didn't have anything. You know, when when you have three other brothers, it feels like things walk away, like hey, where's that, oh, you know, your brother's got it. I always whatever I had, and if it was mine, then I kept it, and that. I kept every Sports illustrated, every Sports illustrated for probably twenty years, and my mom would say, you got to get rid of those. They were in the middle of my bedroom, but they were in a big box, and I was like, nope, keeping them. They're going to be valuable one day. And then I was working and then she said, you know, Danny, if you don't get home, I'm throwing out those magazines. I said, oh, you're not throwing out the MAGA unless you throw out the magazines. I collected every album growing up fifteen hundred and then eventually sold those begrudgingly. But I didn't have any room in a small apartment with my wife. But yeah, I am a You know, it wasn't called hoarding back then. It was called collecting or being smart or you know, frugal. Now it's hoarding. Gave us a bad name. Are you a hoarder? Somebody said that to me yesterday. I tuned in to see your show. Are you a hoarder? I go, no, I'm a broadcaster. You know this is that people pay a lot of money to have somebody come in and decorate a man cave. You see these shows on TV, the radio shows on TV that we spawn they're trying to replicate this. They can't can't.
Speaker 8: No, yes, and hording's kind of a harsh word, at least those extreme shows where they show people they literally can't live in their house. They can't find their bed, they don't know where the door is to there to get out of their apartment because there's just stuff every they're swimming in their stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love it. I love going through the inventory here. I do. I love it. And if you touch it, I know you have and I'm coming after you. Yeah, Paul, All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go back to Phil Rivers for a second. So he's got nine kids, things are going well, he's retired, he's got boatloads of dough. I would love to know the conversation who brought up like, you know what, you know, it's getting kind of quieter on here. You know, things are slowing down. We should have another kid.
Speaker 1: But I don't think there's certain people who don't give thought to that. They look at having a child as a miracle and that you're very lucky and you'll have people say God doesn't give you something that you know you can't handle. And Philip Rivers is a very religious person, and probably he and his wife feel like any child has a week and a half.
Speaker 2: Do you think they should do a reality show and follow them around, because that's pretty fascinating what life is like for him. I'm sure the kids have eight different sports and all that stuff. That'd be pretty I'd watch that.
Speaker 1: Well. I don't know what else would be in there other than him being a parent.
Speaker 2: I think, but I think that might be it. The chaos of it. A former star is now busier now than when he played football.
Speaker 1: Is it because he's a former quarterback? Yeah? That would be the okay, because Octomom had eight kids? Yeah, this guy and and nobody cared about Octomom.
Speaker 2: She couldn't hit a twenty yard out fair.
Speaker 1: Neither could fill.
Speaker 2: Well maybe in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who had a stronger arm? Octo Mom or Philip Browns he was when he was with the Colts. I think we can safely say I had a stronger arm than Philip Rivers. I think we could safely say that.
Speaker 2: What is it like at the Rivers family on a Friday? They go, you know, let's go get a bite. Can they just roll into any restaurant and go twelve deep?
Speaker 9: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: Is there a van involved?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's one of those big van. Yeah he's got a Yeah, he's got a nice span.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 8: Now, if you're a waiter, a waitress, do you welcome that it's a bigger bill, bigger tippy. You're like, oh, I gotta still putting nine tables together and figure out how to fit these people so they're not blocking the aisle.
Speaker 7: How do we fit all these people.
Speaker 2: To run out of honey mustard at this table?
Speaker 3: Okay, the kids have to get their food first, Okay, then get the adults later.
Speaker 1: It's just okay, I'm gonna have it's gonna be chicken fingers, chicken.
Speaker 3: Fingers, pasta with butter, chick fingers, mac and cheese, Yes, pasta with butter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, we we just realized, my wife and I that eventually, if they're hungry enough, they're gonna eat you know, what you want them to eat. It might take a while, but that's the way she was. She'd be like, they'd be like, uh, can I have peanut butter?
Speaker 9: Jelly?
Speaker 1: No, and you're having that. Then they'd go, Okay, now I'm not eating all right. See in a little bit they come back figure it out.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin, that just sounds like just a lot of kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have one and I feel like I have two and it's just like, man, you want like more, And I was like, no, there's more people in my house. There's more people to take care of. I got to go through newborn stage again, potty training again, terrible threes.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't want you wouldn't want to do that again.
Speaker 10: My wife wouldn't want to do that again. Oh, she was like PTSD.
Speaker 1: You No, I would love newborns awesome.
Speaker 5: Now when they're like five or six months, all right, then it gets good.
Speaker 10: They're awesome because at first I was like, they're born.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, it's weird when you get grown ups to see a newborn and they just stare at it like it's going to do something, and you know they're not rolling out, they're not there's no movement there whatsoever. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's like it is kind of funny to look at the child when it's yours and you're like, look at this little blob, Yeah, like what are you.
Speaker 1: What's your story again? Yeah? You know, who are you going to be? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then people do and we've talked about this before, but people assume that just because you have a child that you like kids, which is not not that they're not the same thing. Yeah, usually love your child. That doesn't mean you want to be around a bunch of kids.
Speaker 5: Yes, Mark, Yeah, and if you have another one. My mother was asking me this. I was like, but what if I don't like this next one? Like, like, I like Lorenzo.
Speaker 1: We got lucky.
Speaker 9: I like this.
Speaker 5: I like him a lot to gamble. He's the homie. I like him.
Speaker 10: Okay, but what if I don't like the second one?
Speaker 1: What if you have a daughter?
Speaker 10: Oh you know I wanted one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, daughters crush man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're the best. And my wife was like, oh, why they're the best.
Speaker 1: They are? All right, let me take a break. Got our play of the day coming up next. We'll get to your phone calls as well. Every day we talk about him. There's so many great things to talk about with Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Shall their brand new NFT platform, is available at NFT dot Panini America dot net one of a kind digital cards. They're available in packs or you'll find them at public Panine's public auctions. Those are located on this You got the biggest Superstars, the all time greats, hottest Rookies. These are the official products of the NFL, NBA, UFC, FIFA World Cup and collegiate sports, so you can share your cards in the public gallery and complete challenges, earn exclusive award cards. The newly released NFL and NBA Prison Packs keep an eye out for them, and also Panini NFT platform you'll find features coming next month and the only platform where you can win physical versions of your NFTs. Panini NFT Trading Cards giving you the opportunity to pull autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, even one of one from every pack. Visit NFT dot Paniniamerica dot net the official trading cards and NFTs The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 11: Hey, it's Ben host of the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller, would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey.
Speaker 1: You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you it's a spin off of that Ben Mathers show, a Colt hit overnights on FSR.
Speaker 1: Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will?
Speaker 11: We chat with captains of industry in media, sports and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to the Fifth Hour with Ben mather on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: No play of the day. Play this is the play of the day.
Speaker 4: Check this out and right into the stretch, looking back at the crows up.
Speaker 6: The play around the owner.
Speaker 5: Left.
Speaker 1: On this date, July fourteenth, nineteen seventy, Pete Rose at Riverfront Stadium, collided with Ray Fosse, scored the game winning run, winning the old Star game. Didn't think Pete had to slide. He went in head first, and ray FOSSi was never the same. He was hitting three to twelve at the All Star break, sixteen home runs. He hit just two home runs after the break, never hit more than twelve in any season, batting two fifty five for his career after the collision with Pete Rose, when the All Star Game meant something. Play of the Day brought to you by kings Haawaiian. They want you to get together with family and friends, enjoy the weekend, making every Sunday a slider Sunday. Ryan in Honolulu joins us Hi. Ryan, Hello, dance, what's on your Mind's Actually it's early, it's early for you.
Speaker 12: I know. Well, well, actually it's not that early for me. It's nine forty six am right now for me. I'm not in Honolulu today. I mean I'm on vacation. I'm actually hanging out with a buddy in Bridgeport, Connecticut. And oh I merged all right, yeah, I arrived yesterday. And I do have a one thing we've never done, Dan is a part of the face bet together, So.
Speaker 6: Part of the face.
Speaker 12: If you allow me the privilege to come into the man cave, I'll do a part of the face.
Speaker 1: What do I get out of it?
Speaker 12: Well, you get to smash me with a pie.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: No, we had you in studio one time in Los Angeles. I'm good. I'm good. And who comes from Hawaii to Connecticut to vacation. Dan, I think we got to think about this. Okay, let's take a vote.
Speaker 3: Then, who came all the way from Hawaii and he's fifteen minutes down the road.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take a vote. I mean, trust me, I get where you're coming from. I'm going to take a boat. Let me take a boat this Ryan, When would you come in to get the pile of the face.
Speaker 12: Well, it is me Friday, and I am available.
Speaker 1: Of course you are? Okay? All right, Todd? Do you want Ryan and Honolulu to come in on a meat Friday?
Speaker 8: I'm just wondering how the convenience of having a friend in Bridgeport, Connecticut, of all places, how.
Speaker 7: Does that happen?
Speaker 1: That's are you eating right now?
Speaker 7: I have a little bit of a peanut in my.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then you're eating and you shouldn't. Now let me ask you one more time. Do you want Ryan and Honolulu to come in? I didn't ask you about his friend in Bridgeport, Connecticut?
Speaker 7: For me, it's yes.
Speaker 8: If he has a valid explanator, just how you have just have a friend in Bridgeport, Connecticut, then I'd say, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: You're the one that's going to hit him with the pie, not me.
Speaker 3: It's a fair question, though. It is a fair question if you think about it, like, he could be making this up seat And I think that's what Todd is getting at, that Ryan might be making up the idea that he has an actual friend in Bridgepoard.
Speaker 1: He might just be there saying he has a friend. First of all, who thinks Ryan has a friend on Earth? Yes?
Speaker 2: On Earth? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, who thinks Ryan has a friend in Bridgepoord, Connecticut?
Speaker 9: No chance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so either. Uh seating you're voting? Is I?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am voting Marvin. Yes, that he comes in Marvin.
Speaker 10: On a time limit?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Paulie.
Speaker 2: I'm a big pull the band aid guy fast, you know, take it as fast as you can. I think Ryan's going to show up to our studio in the next four or five days.
Speaker 1: He was going to show up no matter what. It's possible.
Speaker 3: Ryan's already he could be right outside, right.
Speaker 2: I would say we look better by saying, yeah, come on in today and pull the band aid.
Speaker 3: We can't be that quick, we can, I mean, we shouldn't publicly be all right, Yes, Todd?
Speaker 8: Does he get to eat and where does he rank as far as the back room guys? And what time people can eat is another important question. Does he wait for everyone to does he go ahead?
Speaker 1: Ryan, if you want to come in at the end of the very end of the show, Yes, but he has to bring his friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ryan, you got two hours to find a friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to find a friend in two hours?
Speaker 12: All right, Dan? So my friend is Austin in Virginia. He lives here and he's the flinch bowl guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, Austin's a legend. That's fine. So we'll see you.
Speaker 12: Who wouldn't want to come into the man cave.
Speaker 1: We'll see you in two hours, Ryan done? Okay? Hello ha Yeah, Ryan vacationing in Connecticut. He lives in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: That's a Dan Patrick show friend. That's not a real friend. That's that's that's that's call her friends. That's not real friends. Sorry, Yes, Pauline.
Speaker 2: Would you rather work the rest of the show comfortably or have an appendicitis at to leave early?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was saying it a time limit. Don't where are you're welcome because now it's one o'clock.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's how about the window of a half hour twelve thirty because backroom guys got to do the podcast correct, Yeah, twelve fifteen podcasts, So you guys can push it to twelve thirty and then Ryan and Honolulu can leave. Todd, you're gonna hit him with a piet of the face since you don't like Yeah, that seems.
Speaker 9: Like a long time.
Speaker 7: I thought you'd be looking at twelve twenty.
Speaker 5: Yes, Mark, somebody Brg's will start at twelve fifteen regardless.
Speaker 9: Yes, Taco fall down, Taco.
Speaker 1: Buddha in San Francisco. Hi Buddha. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Nobody? Uh dp. There will be a day when I stopped calling into the show. But lucky for you guys, that is day is not today.
Speaker 1: My goodness, worried about that man.
Speaker 6: I watched the sp clipsal lebron jeepers, creepers. I mean, he's killing me small. I mean, Dan, have you seen coming to America? He looks like he's out there like long lost uncle from the Kingdom. Is a moonda. I mean he just comes off pompous and self absorbed. Dan, But I mean he's one of my lakers.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 6: We got to him bring I know.
Speaker 1: I know, I think I think the Lakers are gonna be them, Nuggets, maybe one other team in the West the teams to beat. I think the Lakers killed the offseason. I thought they did a wonderful job making that team deeper, more balanced. I would almost almost go on on women say the Lakers are the team to beat. Well, I feel that strongly about what they did with their roster, because a lot of times when teams win, then they lose players. But the Lakers, Lakers look like a really good balanced lineup and they're deep, you know they they they kept some players that they wanted to keep, gave Vincent, I think was a wonderful addition there. Hey, everybody stays healthy, maybe limit Lebron's minutes a little bit during the regular season, and you know, Sons are going to be great, at least we think they are. The Nuggets should be great again. By the way, the theme song moving on up to the East Side is that the Jefferson's time, was that yours?
Speaker 7: That would be the Jefferson's Is that what your guess is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would be corrected, Okay, I got it. Ye Once again Marvin's Cocout playlist.
Speaker 3: It's our favorite TV theme songs throughout the show. What's the poll question? You went with, Seaton, Dan, We went with two. Actually, if you could, would you rather have.
Speaker 1: Ten kids or no kids? Right now?
Speaker 3: The no kids is running away the book.
Speaker 1: Ten's a lot, tens a lot. That's great, you know, yes, Marv.
Speaker 10: Do you do a headcout if you're Philip Rivers?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Wait, there's yes, Okay, there's only eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that must be nuts. Like leaving a place.
Speaker 1: I would think that you have to have roll call. You go outside and you go all right, count off. Maybe the sound of music. Didn't they all like have to line up there when they got ready for dinner.
Speaker 2: Yes, every single day is like home alone. The movie Every Day.
Speaker 1: Permanently coming up next hour, Ruster only from the Mothership. And I think there's a mystery team who could be interested in Shoheu Tani that no one is talking about