Speaker 1: Tony Tony.
Speaker 2: We are saying goodbye Tony, Tony Wong.
Speaker 3: Hello, good mornings, we.
Speaker 2: Were all, and welcome to the No Dunks Podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Thursday, December thirty first, Happy New Year's Eve. I'm Jay Skeets and alongside me as always all year long, Tas Mellice, Hey everybody, Hey Tassy, we got the bass Master ripping him lips, Trey Kirby, Hey out hey, the International Man of Mystery taking it to the max, Leela's Friend, Last, but not least, making the magic happen all year long. It's JD. Hello, there is, and here we are. This is our two hundred and ninety eighth podcast the calendar year. Huh. Incredible stuff, classics through and through. Shout out to the stream team. Make sure y'all like and comment and subscribe to what you gotta do. Email us your questions and your comments to No Dunks at the Athletic dot com. Come twenty twenty one, we'll be stepping on the beach once again, So get your cues in and go grab yourself some No Dunks merchandise at No dunks dot com. All right, let's make it a classic here to end twenty twenty. Let's do this in style. We've got some good Wedgie news. A little bit later, we got tweeted the night, but let's start with a little Is this news? Yeah, I'm gonna throw some headlines at you guys, and we're gonna debate whether or not they're newsworthy. And the first one is Jalen Brown matches Larry Bird Lee, Remember that guy, streaky shooter. Jalen Brown matches Larry Bird with forty two points in twenty nine minutes. Trey get a started. Is this news?
Speaker 4: Oh? This is news if you're in the Jalen Brown fan club, and I am, because what a game from JB, bringing to mind another JB. I think Jalen Brown is the next Jimmy Butler and just seeing the way he has exploded out of the gate for the Celtics this season. If you're a Bean town boy like me, you gotta be loving at forty two last night and he just looks like he's completely seizing the opportunity with Kemba Walker out. You know, since he's came into the league, Jalen Brown has played with a high usage point guard. Basically his entire career. It was Isaiah Thomas, it was Kyrie Irving, it was Kemba Walker. But now there's a little bit more space for uh Jalen to get to work out there. He's skilled enough, he's strong, he's athletic, and just like Jimmy, he's got that desire to be great, to expand his game. Jimmy Maid an All Star team the first time his fourth season, age twenty five. Jalen Brown now year five. Already he's only twenty four, but they feel like they're on the same path. They just keep getting better and better and better. You see Jalen get into work in the mid range game, his playmakings coming along a little bit. I don't think they're exactly identical players, but the fact that they can they can dominate at the wing position using their athleticism and their strength, I think is just so huge. It's been so fun to watch Jalen Brown early this season. Kemba Walker is gonna come back, and it's going to be on him to figure out how to fit alongside Tatum and Brown because both of those guys deserve to have the ball all the time. Jalen has been incredible to start the season, he's better than Larry Bird. You set it right there, Skis. Yeah, put him in the Hall of Fame now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like through five games, I think it is. I saw at Brian t rob tweeting this twenty eight points per game for Jalen Brown, fifty six percent from the floor, forty four percent from three, and a very respectable six point two free throw attempts per game. So he's doing it everywhere. Ley, I thought last night against the Grizzlies, I mean, you know, Grizzlies missing a lot of guys with the Celtics took care of business. But he was stepping into like pull up threes in transition, like he did that like three or four times this scheme. He's special. And it brings me to the question for you, Lee, because we've been sort of throwing it around. Would you trade for James Harden If you're the Celtics, tass you talked about it now, you would say, yeah, let's try and tread Camber. But let's say the Rockets are like, sorry, man, we don't want Camber. We already have an injured point code in John Wall. We want Jalen Brown. Would you trade Jalen Brown and let's say Marcus Smart for James Horten. If you're Danny Angel and the Celtics Lee.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do it right now. No, I think Jalen Brown is really starting to show the potential that he's shown over these last couple of years, and it's starting to come to fruition now because he's a two way player. He definitely could be in the running for an All Defensive nod this season. And the Celtics identity is to work on both ends of the floor and to give up Smart and Jalen Brown. That's two of their critical defensive pieces. And on the offensive end, Marcus Smart, he's a little bit hot and cold, but he does contribute. But what you're seeing I think here from Jalen Brown is that you know, All Star nomination absolutely is in play right now. He's most improved candidate as well. I mean, again, it's a very small ample size, but he's really showing all the hard work that he's put in because he hasn't been a super reliable or consistent shooter throughout his career. But it's starting to come together because he's realizing now how to get to his spots and how to find the right place to be and to shoot the ball.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The only thing oddly about him is he's not a great free throw shooter. He's only shooting sixty seven percent this season, which is right at his career mark. You'd think that would sort of creep up a little bit over the years, but it hasn't. But anyway, that's a minor, minor tweak there for his game that he needs to improve. But I I just feel where the Celtics are that with Brown and Smart going forward. I mean, clearly James Harden, you know, a fantastic offensive player and would be you know, would he improve the team? I mean yes and no. I mean I think what he gives you offensively, they would certainly miss defensively, And that's really what the Celtics like to hang their hat on, is to be that rock solid defensive team. So I think right now, I don't think the Celtics would give up Jalen Brown. I think Marcus Smart. They would if it was to involve Kemball Walker, but I think Tatum and Brown are virtually untouchable for the Celtics at this moment. Things could always change, of course, but I don't think Danny Angebols is a trigger if it cost him one of those two young stars.
Speaker 5: If it costs him one of those two young stars, well, I definitely think James Harden would be high on the priority list. I know Jaylen Brown is playing out of his head right now and it would be hard to give him up, no doubt. Jaylen Brown talks an incredible game coming up to the postseason every time, and he just hasn't been able to do it in the postseason. I can't wait it's all this postseason because it seems like he is growing every single year. He is an absolute monster this year. And I liked how they played defense last night, how they just destroyed the Grizzlies in the first quarter. They absolutely were all up in Memphis and turn them over over and over and again. Twenty two turnovers for the Grizzlies. I think they had like eight steals in the first quarter. As Kelly Dwyer pointed out, that's Celtics basketball, So yeah, they needed that win. It's although Jaylen Brown has been really good, the Celtics haven't been overwhelmingly good to start this season. And they basically beat the Bucks on a bank three and then they came back and beat the Pacers and this was their their most emphatic win. And yeah, it's a bad Grizzly team, so they should do that and that's how they won this game. Yeah. I think as far as James Harden goes, the Celtics keep striking out on superstars every single season. There's a lot of talk about going to get a superstar. Would be hard to give up Jalen Brown, but I think there is there's a lot of desire on Danny Aingel's part to get something done. In my opinion, they're definitely looking at it. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about the Celtics, sort of weird start your advice at the Athletic wrote I thought something that was spot on. Maybe it really touched home as a Raptors fan, because he wrote, the first week of the season has been all over the place for the Celtics, but at least Tatum and Brown have made them comfortable that the future is locked in place one percent true. And I bring that as a Raps fan because you can't say the same for the Raps right now with them struggling, not getting a victory. But they're sort of two guys that you look at potential building blocks or stars for them in Siakam and Van Vliet, well they haven't been all that great, right where Tatum and Brown are special special players and you say, yeah, go get the superstar. But the question is, well, is Brown a superstar? I mean, is he going to be like do we consider Jimmy Jimmy Butler a superstar? I don't know. I think some people do, some people don't. But if I'm with you, Trey, if he's on that trajectory, it looks sort of like that you could lead that two way player. Well then are you possibly just giving up a superstar for another superstar who's older and Harden who's obviously limited maybe on one side of the floor a lot more than Jaylen Brown is Defensively, I don't know. I'm torn on this one because I'm here to interest here to your take, Trey, because you're obviously a huge Harden fan. You've made it clear you're in the gym the You've got me screwed up. Now now I'm gonna call it Jimmy Brown because you've made this comparison. You're in the Jalen Brown fan club. Would you make that deal if you're Danny agents Celtics. Let's say it's Brown and Smart and whatever else to make it happen for Harden, would.
Speaker 1: You do it?
Speaker 4: I can't believe it's Skeets. I think he found the first guy I wouldn't trade for James Harden. Wow, even I can't believe I'm saying it out loud right now. I just kind of feel like the Celtics they're not one piece away. They're not a James Harden away. If you take if you traded Jalen Brown and Marcus Smart, Jason Tatum and Marcus Smart, whatever it is, one of those two and another guy, that's a really really thin team. Because we're already talking about Javonte Green playing major minutes for the Celtics. He had a nice game a couple of nights ago against the Pacers. I was like, who is this guy, the number forty three playing for the Celtics Green? Is he just a made up player? There was no way I was going to look it up until after the game Javonte Green. But if you're asking for Javonte Green to suddenly become a starter, I think that's gonna be tough to me. Right now, Tatum and Brown will be I mean, they're already knocking on the door of superstardom right now. Tatum for sure, Jalen Brown is making his case right now. This is not the year that the Celtics are gonna win championship, even if they were to add James Harden, I don't think. But three years from now, if Tatum and Brown are your two best players, you're looking at the new Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, which we've all dunked on a lot of times after the three to one lead. But still, if you can have two star wings in today's NBA when there's not a lot of great wings out there, I don't know if you want to make a move like that.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from you guys out there in the stream team and listening to the podcasts, Jalen Brown and Marcus Smart for James Harden, would you do it?
Speaker 5: No way?
Speaker 2: You know, obviously from the Celtics side of things, I think the Rockets would be ecstatic with that type of return. I mean it's similar to like, well, that's a whole other question. Would you rather have Ben Simmons or Jayalen Brown if you were the Houston Rockets. It's interesting as well, so to hear your take on that hypothetical. But he was amazing. He was so good last night, Jalen Brown, that Brian Scalabrini on the call just kept saying, geez, he drops like three g's in the game because he can't believe what he's doing. Again, especially those like pull up in transitions threes were like, whoa, okay, you added that to the game. That's that's dangerous, all right. Our next one here one headline Spurs Becky Hammond first woman to direct an NBA team. Yeah, she made history. Wednesday tasks first woman to act as head coach during an NBA regular season game. After Pop got tossed, she took over. She's an assistant coach of course with the Spurs. Took over in the spurs eventual loss to the Lakers seven. Is this news, Becky first woman to direct an NBA team?
Speaker 5: No, it's not news. Until somebody gives a woman a head coaching position where she is the leader of the team, this won't be news. A woman needs to be given that title and not just this title of directed an NBA team for a half while the head coach was given the acts. Somebody needs to give the proper due to somebody who obviously, in Becky Hammond's case, deserves it. The same headline happened during Summer League, where she was the Summer League head coach, first one to direct a Summer League head coach in July in Las Vegas in the blazing heat. Who cares. Somebody needs to give somebody this the title, and it's probably Becky Hammond along the way. I'm not sure if it's gonna happen in San Antonio. Uh, it's it sure seems like she is going to be the one. But we need more women making decisions in our lives, just like when the VP is heading the Senate very soon, hopefully there this This isn't a headline to me. I don't know if you guys are tired of reading this. Directed a team and was an assistant coach and kind of jumped over to the head coach a seat for three quarters. I think I'm tired of it. Somebody just needs to, uh to give the head coaching position. I'm not I'm not into these directing headlines. When did when? When did anybody ever direct a team? Anyways? What does what does that mean? I mean somebody gives somebody, gives somebody the head coaching title. Is she a conductor for a half? Cool?
Speaker 4: Run?
Speaker 5: Run? Give her? Give her? Why? Why is it even a question here in twenty twenty that a woman have gotten ahead. We've seen it obviously in the WNBA, We've seen it in the actually in the Big Three, where men are being coached by women and are extremely happy with the job that they're doing. I mean, I don't I don't see this as a story at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what's interesting. Wasn't there a game in like twenty nineteen where Pop got ejected, right, Himon's on the staff. Of course at the time, She's been there for a long time, and so they all sort of took over. But then after the game, Pop said, well, assistant Tim Duncan was the head coach, like he was taking over responsibilities to finish out the game. Before games start, do like head coaches have to like put like a little ranking like, well, if I get tossed, then this person is in charge, and then if that person gets tost the next person in charge. Like that was always a little confusing to me because it was sort of like she was also coaching in that instance too. But you know this one is official because he pointed at her, as Becky said, which is really funny. And look, all the quotes coming out of this are phenomenal. Becky says, it is substantial. Actually, you know, it's obviously a step in in the right direction, a direction you're talking about test that's inevitably going to happen and should DeRozan was like, I loved his quote. He's like Becky played. She was damn good by the way, and any player who knows the history of women's basketball knows what she meant to the sport. You don't think twice about it. She's one of us when she speaks for all ears. Lebron was asked about it. She's been putting in the work and anytime you put in the work, you should get rewarded with opportunities. But yeah, it's this where this this is great. But let's she should have a head coaching job by now, and maybe she's waiting for in San Antonio Test. Maybe she is waiting for Pop two eventually move on and that will be her opportunity there unless another team comes calling.
Speaker 1: But what do you think, Lely, Yeah, I think because it doesn't actually count as a victory for her, well loss actually because I lost again, but it doesn't count on her record, is what I'm trying to say this.
Speaker 2: So wow, So it's not official official yet.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, it's not. I mean, it's great that she was given the top this time because Tim Duncan obviously is not there either anymore. He didn't come back this season. But so it's good that Pop did actually say, okay you are, you're filling in for me here. But it's still until we see Becky as a head coach getting a wins that register to her name. You know, this is more just sort of like, well, Pop, it only happened because Pop lost his mind for no real reason there, I mean he didn't. He certainly didn't need to get two technicals on that call, So it was more circumstance rather than like, we're designating Becky as the head coach tonight. Now, if he did that prior to a game, then that would be different, even though again the record would still count as Pops because you can't just say you know how it works in interim in the NBA, those those wins and losses don't count to a coach. They go to the other coach. So, but it would be good if he said before again one day, said tonight, she is the coach and I'm going to sit back and just watch her do everything. That would be different, even though again it still wouldn't count on her record and less popular.
Speaker 2: Weren't the Spurs doing that in the bubble? Or am I mistaken? Wasn't pop Like sort of allowing some of the assistant coaches to sort of take over the head coaching duties within those games?
Speaker 4: Honest I really remember to be That's definitely how Tim Duncan got his first win last year, right, was that pop had a personal reasons game that he missed and he said, Tim, you're taking over for this. It's all about that point with Popovich when he says you've got him, you got to take over. But yeah, you know, it was only a matter of time, honestly before Becky Hammond gets a job. So many Spurs assistants have gotten jobs throughout the league. There's not a great track record of success among Spurs assistants, but they all get jobs, which I think is huge. And now that we've seen Becky Hammon officially coach an NBA game, direct it whatever you want to call it. Tim Duncan was the acting head coach. The headlines are still out there, but now that we've seen it in the NBA, like Becky was saying, it is momentous. Even though I was trying not to think about and just try to win the game. Now that we've seen it in a regular season game, maybe that makes it easier for a team to say, Yeah, we're going to be the team that hires Becky Hammond. Somebody should and it'll be a huge story once it finally happens.
Speaker 2: Yep, for sure. All right. Next headline. Within that same game, Lebron extends a record streak of ten point games to one thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lebron celebrated his thirty sixth birthday by becoming the first player in NBA history to have one thousand street games without least ten points. Lee, this is a weird one. Is this news? Ten points? Lee? You could put up ten points.
Speaker 5: In his NBA?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is news. I mean, it's a credit to Lebron's longevity and his health and the fact that he kept his body ready for the last thirteen years. I'm sort of surprised when you go back through his record that it wasn't even a little bit longer, and he hadn't broken this record a little bit earlier, because I mean when he came into league, he's averaged twenty points in his rookie season. I mean, he seems to be able to score. Last season was the only season ever in his career that he hasn't led his team in scoring. Anthony Davis led the Lakers, which is incredible. But yeah, I mean, this really is one of those things where you tip your hat to Lebron and just say, it's incredible that you've been able to stay healthy this entire time, because you know, that's really what often happens, is a player later in his career simply gets injured or misses games, or gets injured during a game, which happened to Kevin Durround that broke his streak. He got injured during a game and couldn't do it. So that's great for Lebron, you know. And it's another record that Michael Jordan doesn't have. It's one that Lebron has, and it's one that's probably unlikely to be beaten certainly anytime. So I don't know who really would be able to do it. But that's you know, that's incredible for Lebron. Now, I don't know if you guys saw it or not. Now, Also, I will say the NBA had an article up about it, and they did note that in two playoff games. Yeah, he did have two single digit games. So this is only a regular season.
Speaker 2: Brought up Yeah, twenty eleven and twenty fourteen with your heat. Yes, he did have single point games in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, I mean, do you account those? Yeah, it's the same game. I don't know who can, but anyway you can. It's a game you can make stats do it and say whatever you want, really when you fudge them the right way. But anyway, I'm just wondering if you guys did know, you might have seen it, so you might get this quiz pretty quickly. But the sort of top five guys for most consecutive ten point games in NBA history?
Speaker 2: Can you name them in history or current players in history? Okay?
Speaker 1: History? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well mj second, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, this according to the NBA dot com article, So Jordan was second with eight hundred and sixty six consecutive games, three alone, Kareem and Calm alone and then number five, is it tough like much? Now? I meant I mentioned him already.
Speaker 2: You mentioned him already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said his name.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kevin Around, Yeah, Kevin Durround.
Speaker 1: He got injured. So yeah, he had a streak of five hundred and sixty two, but he got injured in the first minute of a game a few years ago there with the with the Warriors, which ended his streak. So that that again was sort of the point I was making with Lebron, the fact that he never, you know, in some game, twisted an ankle early on, you know, or just even had.
Speaker 2: A tweet, Well, he does twist an ankle early on, and then it looks like he's going to be out for ten weeks the way he's selling it, and then like blazes his shoe up, Tater, and then he's good to go. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Tweet last night skieds about Lebron actually never leaves the game, but every time it happens to be like, oh man, Lebron's down, I don't know, this might be the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never the one. Yeah, when he's coming back. I did ask that. I was like, I know it's happened, but I can't recall a game where Lebron got injured in the game and then didn't return that game to play, you know, outside of let's say a blow it or something like that. People did point out, well, Christmas twenty eighteen, he heard his growing and he did leave that game and didn't return, and then he missed a couple games after that, but he had obviously hit his ten points by that. It didn't happen early enough in the game, that is. It is a pretty astonishing thing that the last time he failed to score ten points in a regular season game was January fifth, two thousand and seven. Task. I mean, it's just, I mean, most of his single digit scoring games so when he was a rookie, if you really look at it and you don't count those playoff games, it's pretty wild. Do you think it's newsworthy though?
Speaker 5: Sure, it's a heck of a streak, although all it does is make people remember the series against the Dallas Mavericks when he had that eight point game in the twenty eleven finals, Right, that's what it reminds me of. So, yeah, it's a nice NBA dot Com article. That's exactly where it fits, right. It's it gets aggregated it's like an automatic article. It's probably something like a Darryl Morey automatic tweet. It's just something that like automatically generates when he hits a thousand straight games. That's good. It's very good. It's very good. It is crazy that he's thirty six frickin years old. I can't decide if that's too old or too young. It's just he's been around forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a weird one.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but at the same time, it's like, you know, he's got like a you know, he's still on his prime at thirty six years old. He is trying to change the game in terms of when an NBA player's prime is. That makes sense. But it's also like he's forty and he's really old. I don't know, I can't tell he's exaccurate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very weird. I was telling the girls yesterday, it's Lebron's birthday. You know, all the greatest things have come from nineteen eighty four. Your dad included the only thing that's for eighty four, wonder One Woman eighty four apparently. But it blew Eyla's mind that I would be older than Lebron. But it also blows my mind that Lebron is the fifth oldest player in the league. Like that doesn't seem like it makes any sort of sense, right, that he's still out there able to dominate at his age the way he has still be the best player in the league. What I want to know is, where's the assist streak?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: You're such a good passer. Where's your assist streak? Or are you really a scorer at heart? Is that truly your skill.
Speaker 2: Be overrated as a passer? Now?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: Is there an assist streak?
Speaker 2: Though, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: He's got one out there somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think I think Magic Johnson has the double digit assist streak. But I mean Lebron won't get any winny of that. Always think, although, you know what, maybe because there's probably not that many, you know, like.
Speaker 2: It's got to be magic. How many games do you think Magic did it lee in a row?
Speaker 1: I mean probably like only fifty or something like that.
Speaker 2: I would say more. No, I mean that's tough, that's tough. I don't know. I don't know. You can look it up if you want.
Speaker 1: There, let's see if I can find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, just news worthy enough. We say with the Lebron one maybe uh oh, here we go, here we go. He's helped that it was on his birthday. I think that helps the headliner tes. Yeah, I'll go ahead there, Lea.
Speaker 1: I believe it's John Stockton with thirty seven games in a row.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, Lebron shind set his eyes on this record.
Speaker 4: He's got to be thirty seven next year. What a perfect time to take it.
Speaker 2: There you go there, all right, next one, here got a photo to show you at this headline. Masked Kawhi Leonard dominates in return leads Clippers to the blowout win over the Blazers. There it is for everyone joining us on YouTube. We're watching on YouTube. Kawhi is a fascinating mask. This is awesome. He's obviously playing in this because he had the stitches in his mouth and his jaw is hurting. Trey is this news, the masked man Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 4: Oh Man skeets. This is huge news. We should all feel blessed to have seen an all timer NBA mask happen in real time, right like these things only come about once in a while, like the last notable mask sweep scene, or maybe like Lebron's carbon fiber mask. Maybe that time Mono Genobili had to wear a pad across his nose and it just kind of taped it to his face. But this was incredible. I don't think I've ever seen a nose out mask period, right, Like when you're buying a Halloween mask, a nose is kind of like the first thing you cover. I don't know why, but this was just killing me. It only works for Kawhi as well, because it's like, if there's one player in the league who doesn't need to move his lips very much, it's Kawhi. He might just go to this mask from now on. Even when he smiles. You remember that clip from when he was with the Raptors and he did that tiny, tiny, tiny little smile, wouldn't even show his teeth. This is perfect for Kawhi. Doesn't have to say a word, doesn't have to smile. He just has to go out there and get buckets like Ziggy star Fox says Hannibal Leonard.
Speaker 2: What a lost yes or clawise I also saw going around, but Hannibal Leonard is good. Yeah, it's a unique mask task because we uh, you know what we do usually see the covering of the nose right or around the eyes that's where the injury occurred. But with Leonard's case, they're like, no, we gotta we gotta take care of that, the lips and the jaws, and so we get this crazy sort of hockey like mask here. What do you think of this one?
Speaker 5: It's just it sucks me in. I just can't stop looking at him with the hole in his face. I think it's ingenious. Really. I think the biggest thing that NBA players have a problem with when they wear a mask is their nose and just breathing, and you always see them adjusting their mask like, oh, this is bugging me. At some point they toss it to the side. This one, I think it's perfect. I think, yeah, you can take a nice elbow to the nose right there. You don't want to be playing Karl Malone in this mask, but I think he'll be comfortable breathing in it. And either way, if he's a mouth breather or a nose breather, I think he's good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: What do you think Ley, It looks like though we're going backwards with mask technology, because remember Kyrie and Lebron had the cool black moss and I looked awesome. This one looks like someone's just like got big like masking tape and just going like just just stick that plastic thing over his face. That will do well.
Speaker 2: Like CJ. Zero, I think tweeted like he basically is like Kawai made this himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like it looks like he sort of hacked away at that middle part that usually does cover the nose. But yeah, it's weird. It just like when you think of Kawhi Leonard and someone said here you wearing this tonight. You could just imagine his reaction like what what is that? Give me one of the cool masks?
Speaker 2: Really just like okay, yeah, just slap it on it.
Speaker 1: Just it just it that looks like it has been slapped on. Literally, Yeah, it must be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: It does look like a throwback. This looks like a mask you would see in the seventies when they're like just figuring out mask technology. In the second half, like the straps were all twisted on it, and it really looked like he's just like whatever, I'm gonna talk to anybody anymore, don't hit me in the face.
Speaker 2: He said his teammates were jokingly calling them leather face. It worked. By the way, he had sixteen points in the third quarter. You know, he was a bit of a terror in that quarter as they ran away from the Blazers. They got the victory. They helped keep Damian Lillard in check. He only went for twenty points on three or fourteen shooting, so they got the victory. He's got. The mask has got to stay. It's got to be like a Rip Hamilton thing here. Now I like it too. It's like because we always joked that he's like robotic and stuff like that, it sort of like takes that to the next level. I'm all in on Hannibal Leonard.
Speaker 4: If they let him make that mask rome, then he off like an android, Like let him loose, let him off the hook here. Make it like the NHL where if you're a goalie, if you have to wear a mask in a sport, you should be able to do whatever you want with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you brought up the black like carbon masks. Lee I did lead the league say like, you got to stop wearing those. I think because Coby had it once upon a time, a cool batman vibe, and they were like, no, the mask has to be clear, I think is they're ruling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, because I think as well. Kyrie had an awesome nod in Madison Squa Godden where it was like, but that's cool, man, I know, and I will encourage people to wear them if they're going.
Speaker 6: To be a little bit safer, right, you know, bring it back, bring it back, man, I mean it just yeah, that one looks like that Calvin Murphy one, remember the big sort of helmet thing that that he wore back in the day. So yeah, I just think, I mean, what, what's what's the harm with having the black mask? I mean, like, why would they ban that? I wonder, Look, you're right, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Looks so cool. It's kind of mask to do you think there's like a I don't know, not a band, but like a mask dress code for the coaches. Like the masks. The masks are very simple, and I was like, I was thinking about it, like sometimes they'll have a little team logo on it, like some of them, but not even a lot of them do Like have they been told like you can't go crazy with your mask, you can't have like the whidler on your mask and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I think I think Popovich just had like the sort of surgeon mask. Yeah, but Steve Nash definitely had the Brooklyn Nets one on yeah, and Rick Carlisle had I think was like an NBA one. I think he had some maybe.
Speaker 2: Like why does it like tips have like a personalized one that says ace on it.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, or a big smile, a big joke, a smile yeah, right, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they haven't gonna create it, but maybe they're not allowed to.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're all up on the mask. I'm sure most of you guys are as well. Final headline here, Kyrie Irving gets hot in the fourth as the nets out score of the Hearts, not an overtime game. Leg that was the final score in regulation. Is this news?
Speaker 1: This is news?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This was a good game. This was the game of the night. Actually really lived up to the hype, which was great because the Atlanta Hawks have been going in unbeaten and they were going up against the best defensive team in the NBA last night and put one hundred and forty one points on them pretty easily too. I thought, I thought they did a great job. What they really what stood out to me, though, was just at the end of the game. The Hawks are just missing that ability to close out games. I think that's what it was. Kyrie Irving struggled early on and then just got cooking in that fourth quarter. The seventeen gorgeous points because every time he gets hot, he's so much fun to watch because he's just in his zone. Givin around. Had the quietest thirty three points I've ever seen last night. He just I looked at the boxer and I thought, I can't believe he finished with thirty three because everyone scored. Everyone seemed to go out there and get some buckets there last night. But what Ry really sort of stood out to me last night was Trey Young here in his third season. He's got little bits of Kyrie Irving in his game. He shook him a couple of times and went inside and scored the lap. He's got that variety to his game. But he's also got some James Hardens qualities of getting free throws.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: And that is something that's interesting because I think Trey Young to this point has flown under a lot of radars because the Hawks haven't been good. He's been good he made an All Star team, but seeing him last night when his team needed some buckets and he would do that sort of back into his defender.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the Chris Paul right there.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Chris Paul, the embellished.
Speaker 2: Yea there the stop go around again and then just stop.
Speaker 1: And it'll be interesting to see if how the narrative changes there on Trey Young, because he's absolutely fishing for fouls and he gets them, and you know, he's at that stage where it's like he's not a big enough name just yet that everyone's talking about him. But if the Hawks do continue to keep winning and he keeps playing and putting up you know, thirties and tens, he's going to draw more attention. So I'm interested to see what the if people change on it, because right now I think people love seeing the highlights of Trey Young, the deep threes and he goes inside. He's got some nice finishes again like Kyrie Irving. But will he start annoying people's That's interesting. Great game, really good game, Really good to see the Hawks in their early season promise in a big stage really put it up there against the Nets. And I like Steve Nash after the game because he was asking. He said, we came into this game with the best defense that went out the window and it was a back and forth game. You know, the Nets closed it out, and Steve Nash just said, yeah, I think I need a beer after the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely need a beer. Said because there are a lot of offense task did the Hawks prove anything to you that they can sort of hang with some of the better teams in there in the East, at least in the Nets because they had beaten up on some sort of crappy teams, but you know, they were in this game.
Speaker 5: The Hawks have grown since last year, and Trey Young has grown since last year. I think it's easy to forget because Trey Young had such a phenomenal offensive year and that he went to the All Star Game, that the Hawks stunk on that end of the floor. They just kind of were waiting for Trey Young to do something on every possession. They had twenty sixth rank offense last year. And I think what Lloyd Pierce has done with that team early this season already, how everybody is buying in and by that I mean vets on the bench. They're big signing the big deal that they somehow probe bogged in Bogdanovic away from the Sacramento Kings Fingers was a big story. He's been on the bench, and Lloyd Pierce has decided, you're gonna come off the bench as our score. But we need a balanced lineup, very spurs esque. We might not start our best five guys, but we're gonna start Cam Reddish and DeAndre Hunter on the wings because we want a nice balance with our defense in the starting line up, and then the offense can come off the bench. And then Clint Capella, you're sort of our like Javail McGee superpower. You know, are are glorified JaVale McGee playing only twenty minutes a game, even though you know you were a big acquisition last year. And John Collins, you're not going to get the ball when Clint Capella is roaming in the in the lane, you're kind of going to be a tertiary guy. But then when he's off the floor, you're going to be our backup center. And then you got Gallinari coming off the bench, so there's there's a perfect balance. I'm shocked with how they know what they're doing on every possession. Unlike last year. It was just watched Trey Young go just just give him the ball, and there was a great possession at the end of the game that showed last year on a broken play they would just get the ball to Trey and watch him do something. But it was a broken play. DeAndre Hunter had the ball up top and it looked like Trey Young was going to come get the ball. But as soon as two guys went to Trey Young, he turned and went to the basket and had a little drop off pass that was a foul. Because he's improved. Because they all have their roles. And again John Collins led the team in shots last night, but he didn't force it at the beginning. When Clint Capella was on the floor, he took his spot. He picked his spots and scored thirty last night. I think everybody's just really falling into their role. To watch an eighty point quarter in the fourth quarters. Why Steve Nash needed that beer forty three to thirty seven for the nets. They got to do it again on Friday in Brooklyn. You know one weird thing of this current schedules that you got to do it back to back games in the same City, so they're going to be playing again, which is kind of strange. This is a little baseball esque, But yeah, I'm buying the Hawks as a playoff team. If they're buying in already to knowing their roles and doing this, I'm very impressed with all these vets just kind of filling in. And you know, Rajon Rondo wants to get to the playoffs because he gets a seven hundred and fifty thousand bonus if they get there. So I think they're all all pushing in the same direction, which is great for a young team. It's shocking. Yeah, those three wins. Great teams, but yeah, they held their own with the Brooklyn Nets, and yeah it's the Nets probably win this game by twenty if Kevin Durant has a good game and he shot fifty percent and had thirty three points and that's sounds nuts. But he was just missing. He was clanking. So the Hawks d has to get better.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah it does.
Speaker 5: They're working. They're working.
Speaker 4: Why why that game was awesome and they all agreed we're not playing any defense. It was the second hottest thing I saw all night after episode five of Bridgerton, A steamy one.
Speaker 1: My friends. We also had.
Speaker 4: Vince Carter is incredible on the call. He could be Tony Romo of the NBA. I would say, you had to be listening to this on the Hawks broadcast obviously, but his how close he is to his playing career right he was playing last season, so he still obviously has relationships with these guys, and it's just cool to hear his insight being so recently in the NBA. There was that take that John Collins had late let that late lefty in the in the lane. He finishes with the tough left hand, and Vince Carter says, that makes me feel good. I taught John Collins that move. It makes me feel good that he's going to the left hand, trusting the left hand. I just thought he was great on the call. And this was just such a fun game to watch. When two teams that are actually good come in and say we're not playing any defense. We're gonna see who can score the most. That is my ideal kind of basketball game. It's different when it's like the Bulls versus the Wizards, nobody's playing defense because nobody can play defense. When it's more of a choice, it's fun to watch and those two teams are just bombing away. O'donovic was great, hitting shots with zero space. Kyrie and Kevin Durant there in the fourth quarter, You're like basically guaranteed to get thirty points from those guys in the fourth quarter. That's gonna be tough to beat come playoff time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you knew the chances of the Hawks winning this game were not great when like Kyrie was like I don't know what he was at that point, like three or fifteen, like heading into the fourth and they were like in the game, and you're like, at some point he's gonna find his groove here and these are gonna start dropping. Yeah, he just absolutely took over. It's such for the Hawks too. Gallinari made his was that his debut? Actually yeah, no, it was the first, but he had missed a couple of games. He's back, but then he gets injured again, I mean and rolls the ankle. You could see he was visibly frustrated. He didn't return to this one, So that sucked. That was a bit of a bummer. I felt bad for him, and I will say this too, You're right, Tray was fun. There's no defense. But fourth quarter when Kyrie starts cooking. It would have been a nice opportunity if he was available for Lloyd Pierce to be like, hey, Chris Nunn, have a go at trying to slow him down. That's what you're known for. Not known for much else, but you are a great defensive player, especially on the perimeter. Slow him down, man, make make life a little more difficult. Now he's not playing it for the Hawks. That's how deep the Hawks are. We're talking about guys that weren't even playing, but they could have.
Speaker 4: That's what Katie said after the game too, right, He's like, there's seven or eight starters on that team. Yeah, And I look at him and they definitely are. And like Tasa is saying, you know, we're a week and a half into the season. They are all bought in right now. We'll see how it turns out throughout the season. If you know, some some guys start playing well and some going and blah blah blah, get me some time here and there. But they're all on the same page right now and it's working.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It definitely helps when there's w is there even if you only played twenty minutes. Let's say, if you're a capella but you get the w I know, not last night, but up until that point that helps. But absolutely great point. What happens when the losses start coming and then you're like, hey, I could have helped us win that game. Why am I only getting X amount of minutes? That'll be the real coaching challenge from Bloyd Pierce, but so far he's knocked it out of the park. I have to say. And yeah, and that was a bit of a moral victory. Honestly, it was for Hawks because they're right there against one of the better teams in the Eastern Conference, maybe in the league, and they were hanging they were like I don't know if they did have like a gentleman handshake before saying we're not playing, but they were right there and that was Go watch the highlights. A lot of fun that game.
Speaker 5: And watch the Hawks broadcast. I can't agree more. Vince Carter absolutely phenomenal. A great debut Tom on the broadcast, like like he's in on Bridgerton. I got to go watch Bridgerton. But Dominique will Against has been there forever as the color commentator, and then you get a younger guy like Vince Carter, it pushes you a little bit. I think I think it pushed with that yep to pick up his game a little bit. And they were, they were sparring back and forth. They were great. I think they're really good. And Bob Rathbund was also great. Vince Carter, you know, was basically like every every guy on every team was one of is one of his former teammates. So Jeff Green is on the Nets, he goes, oh, yeah, my former teammate. And Bob Rathbund and say, hey, Vince, we don't have time for that. I mean, we'd be here all night if you talk about every one of your teammates. But yeah, him and him and Nick were we're going back and forth. The only thing about Vince like when John Collins had that nice, beautiful euro step at the end going left, fantastic stuff, and he said, yeah, that makes me so happy, And then you start talking about it for like three possessions. We got to get to the next get the next player quick, let's start.
Speaker 1: Just we've just spent the last few years talking about how old Vince is and now tested saying young voice on the broadcast, which is great. But I actually was watching the Nets broadcast, which is always great with especially when Jared Allen throws down a dunk and mov mo and hego says, I throw down right.
Speaker 2: Right right, they're they're one of the best, and like Bob and Nique, not my favorite deal in the league. So I was one hundred percent on board. Adding that that youthful Vince Carter to the broadcast, it did help. It made for a more enjoyable watch.
Speaker 4: You. It is pretty funny that guy has played with like every single player in the get him on some national games.
Speaker 2: I think they said he holds the record, right, is it like six hundred plus teammates.
Speaker 5: He's yeah, they said that, and I'm not sure if they were joking, but yeah, probably right.
Speaker 2: But he's played on a ton of teams.
Speaker 5: He's had a lots literally played the most years the history of the NBA, and he played with two teams two.
Speaker 1: Hundred and sixty one teammates according to Oh, that's it.
Speaker 2: I got's a ton, But yeah, they were joking with the six hundred I guess all right, is it a record though league?
Speaker 1: Apparently, yeah, he holds the record. Two hundred and thirty six is next, and then two hundred and thirty. So you want any quick trivia or not really shack shut yeah, no, no, no, let's do the top five. I'll tell you this. The top five. One of the players is still playing. One of them is sort of not officially retired, but he was playing in the bubble.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, sort of not retired before.
Speaker 1: Well, he played in the bubble. He was down in the bubble, but he didn't No, no, but a Haslam type guy, Kevin wellis on there. This guy, this guy is a super high draft pick Chicago bull from my early part of his tyson Chandler's number three. Yeah, yeah. Number two is a guy who you probably associate with the Washington Bullets. I think he had the first one hundred million dollar contract. Yeah. Number four is the guy who's still playing, and he's he gets traded every year two or three times. No, no, no, he's still playing. He's where is he right now? He's Detroit? I think? No, is he Detroit or now? No, No, he got traded. He got traded I think three times in the in the summer, in the off season. Trevor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: While, and he has one more teammate than the guy at number five, who very we had him in the start of studio, but never on the show. Very fashionable. Sorry okay, yeah, Kevin Willis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there we go and make sure you gave credit.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: That was hoopspe hoop type. That's where it came from.
Speaker 2: Yeahsape duckham. I don't know if it's a duck come all right. So that's a little is this news, but maybe the biggest news of the night tasks. We got our first wedgie, my man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, twenty have been a pop year, but at least we're ending it in style, as Mark Followell, Derek Harper and Jeff skin Wade noted on the.
Speaker 5: Car, great crass owl inside. Oh it's a weggie.
Speaker 2: There's also a foul.
Speaker 8: Though you only get to say that a couple of times.
Speaker 7: It's the first ever foul weggie.
Speaker 1: That might be the first ever foul you like a little kid get.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that before.
Speaker 6: I don't think I have either follow the foul wedgie right time for everything.
Speaker 5: So if there were no fowl, then of course, as you know, that's a jump ball in the center cord it. But a foul means two pre toes for Powell.
Speaker 1: Never see anybody gets so excited about.
Speaker 2: A way I get excited about weird things.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 5: It's a fun thing to get excited about. Follow them, Mark follow. We really went for it. He said, that's the first ever foul edgie. Well, Jeff skin Wade pulling a real no dunks really hedging by saying, I'm not sure if that's the first ever foul. That seems like the first. I've never seen one of those either. I don't think that's the first foul edgie. I'm not gonna go back and check, but I'm pretty sure we've had a foul weggie before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, once or once or twice, it definitely has happened. That one was fairly unique. I mean, it's a hell of a foul. He gets all hand and then the wedges. It's rare. It's definitely rare. We don't have a lot of those.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I like it though, because they showed like one hundred replays of the leggy. When it's a foul, you got a little bit of time to show stuff off before they get to the you know, if it's a regular one, they're getting to the jump ball pretty quickly. Let's get back to playing, but you're getting some subs during a.
Speaker 2: File yeah, take your time.
Speaker 4: You talk about letting it breathe.
Speaker 2: They did, Yeah, they did.
Speaker 4: They.
Speaker 2: I love we got to make Harper when he's sort of mocking Mark going, it's a Leggie that's going to be a drop. I love how he's he's like joking around, but good stuff. I'm glad it was the MAVs broadcast getting the first one here to get it started, and I saw people asking, look, we got the shortened season tasks, you know, seventy two game season. Our goal is usually fifty, but are we changing the goal? Like have we knocked it down or we go like forty four forty five? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Seem like the predictions in the preseason were that we're going to get to fifties.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah they were, but maybe we should change.
Speaker 5: That after a week here after starting Weggie, Yeah, yeah, sure, we go forty. I mean I guess forty that's uh, that's a good chunk of games.
Speaker 2: Ten Yeah, Schumann, I asked Schuman.
Speaker 5: Until one hundred and fifty one hundred and fifty less games, right, So that's ten hundred and eighty games versus twelve hundred and thirty games.
Speaker 2: Schuman said, Schumann had it at forty four forty five because the playoffs are the same you know length that he thought that would be maybe. I think forty five is perfect if you ask me. But sure, who cares. We'll get to fifty anyway. Nice to have our first one and they come in buy usually, so yeah, well we'll hopefully get one. I mean we'll get one tonight to really end out twenty twenty in style. We can only hope. But a great call from Mark. And by the way, shout out to everybody that lets us know when they see a weggie. You can't watch all games. I actually didn't watch any of the Mavericks Hornets games until I caught the highlights this morning. But when you let us know on Twitter or Instagram, try and tell us like when it happened in the game, because at first there was a bunch of like Weggie, Weggie, Leggie, like in Maverick's Hornets. But I'm like, okay, hold on, I didn't see it until like ten minutes later. I wasn't on and then I'm like, okay, now where is this and I'm trying to find it. So if you can let us know when it happens in the game, that really helps. And the other thing is to ask people said, well, hold on, that wasn't a shot attempt because it was.
Speaker 1: A foul, But it is because he went to the line.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, it's not a field goal attempt.
Speaker 1: H but but it's it's it's in the play.
Speaker 2: No, I agree that that is definitely recounting. I tried to make it clear to some people, like, we don't count ones where like there's a whistle on the floor and then somebody chucks it up. Yeah, like a second or two later and then it, you know, wedges, we don't count those. It's got to be sort of in play, which that one.
Speaker 1: Is for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay. Yeah, It's like when coaches review a challenge or review of play, it's like, is it part of the play, then yeah, it's a wedgie, right. You know, we don't want to go all JD saying hey, it's wonder Woman nineteen eighty four. The song came out in October. It's not chronologically possible that, you know, we don't want to get all crazy here. Yeah, it's part of the play. It's part of the play.
Speaker 2: It counts. We got one, we got well, either forty four or forty nine to go, it's your call. Really Okay, Wait, let's get to tweet.
Speaker 1: Of the night.
Speaker 5: Tweet over night.
Speaker 2: Wowwitt a lot of pressure here, Lee, Yes, final tweet of the night of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yes, there, it is a lot of pressure. But I think I've got a good one which really sums up what twenty twenty has been for everyone. And it comes from Australia's greatest basketballer, Lauren Jackson out in Australia.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So McDonald's Australia must have been operating a code offering your code for a free coffee and this is the one that she got here and she says, thanks for the coupon code for my end of year free coffee. I thought it was appropriate to share considering.
Speaker 2: The year was just pick.
Speaker 1: And I thought, yep, that sums up for everybody. Really. Everyone wants just to get twenty twenty over.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We've already done with it in Australia, they've already moved on to twenty twenty one and we were a few hours behind. So yeah, very happy that Lauren Jackson. She's been nominated too for the Hall of Fame this year and I think she will get in. She has got quite the resume. I'm just going to quickly run through it here. Eight time All WNBA team on a seven time first All NBA team there, five time All Defense, three MVPs, two Championships, Defensive Player of the Year Finals MVP. And I've got to meet Lauren when I was in Australia actually last year too, and her mum and dad were both a bucket as well. They were both a warking bucket.
Speaker 4: They're gone one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just did the family there, So great to see. Great to see Lauren and looking forward to her making the trip to Springfield and entering the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I think that's a like And yeah, for those lessening, the code was FKU two. Yes, that was the redeemed code there the Q code we love it or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just glad to see a couple of things from that. First of all, maccas is the McDonald's Australia official account hilarious. Somehow Lee Ellis has completely taken over their country. And number two shout out to McDonald's for also not really loving you two because I say FKU two as well. Overrated man, you had your time in the sun thirty years ago.
Speaker 5: We're off that. Yeah, Lee, it will be a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is coming up. It'll be bloody Lee. Did you you've seen You two?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, I've seen you two several times, several times, yeah, across several continents. Yeah. Now, the thing is, You Two's PR really took a hit when they laid at their album in what twenty when was that twenty eleven or so when it was just automatically on your phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, on your Yeah, I guess it was your Was it your iPod?
Speaker 8: It was definitely on iPod. Yeah, I don't know. I thought it was on the iPhone anyway. Yeah, they took it. They took a PR hit there for that. But well because people like hey, listen if I want your music or download. But I will say one of the greatest shows in person to see, like Bono puts on an incredible show.
Speaker 1: Well worth going to see them.
Speaker 2: Can you know how's how's Ed Edge Edge?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great? Great, Larry, it's great, Adam favors great, They're all great. In fact, in fact, if you want to hear my five favorite You Two songs, go to the Serious Serious FM, Serious xm app right now and go to the YouTube channel. See a little top five of Leelis in there.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: They've got their own channel on Serious XM.
Speaker 2: But how do you have the top favorite?
Speaker 1: Well, because they said, hey, listen, if you're a fan of you two and you want to be on Serious XM, send us an email. So I did, and then I record to my Uh, are you serious right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Check it out? Yeah yeah, bring it up right now? Let me shut.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is exciting, like you too, well, you shoot after hear my top five?
Speaker 1: So anyway, let's have a look here. So hold on.
Speaker 2: So they just set out this calling here, are you a YouTube fan? You said, yep, I am serious, and then emailed in and said these are my top five.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, let's see if you can see this up here to.
Speaker 2: Just read him for us, man, it's a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, desires okay, so it's so it's desire right before?
Speaker 2: Well, well I didn't know we're gonna talk.
Speaker 1: About yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Let me just see if I can get the hit start.
Speaker 2: He just reads what you wanted me to read the songs.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of us trying to figure out the songs by showing us a grainy picture the headphones.
Speaker 2: It's like your fur because.
Speaker 1: These are all the fans who have done their top five songs, and I'm in there at like number that's me.
Speaker 2: Right there, so number four, yeah, but I mean.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not like ranked like that. That's just that's where you go.
Speaker 2: So like, are these celebrities or just random people?
Speaker 1: No, random just fans, just fans just telling the stories and yeah, so myke, well i'll tell you, I'll tell you a by the five that I put on it, because I didn't want to just put I did want to put the top five songs that anyone's heard, you know, like, so I went my five. I went with Numb from the Zuopa album at number five because it's the edge, it's the edge the lyricist and the vocalist on that one. Great video by the way, really good video. What did I have at number four? I had number four? I had the Fly from Aktung Baby, just an incredible song. Bono even had the big fly glasses in that look great. That was there. That was a big album coming after Rattle and Hum, because that came after the Joshua Tree, which was their biggest album.
Speaker 2: When you start doing things like this turned into rain Man, I can.
Speaker 4: See why they put you at number four.
Speaker 1: And then I had a song from the All that you Can't Leave Behind albums called it in a Little While Now. The reason why that one is symbolic is because Bono wrote that for his wife Ali, but also Roxanner and I when we first started dating. That was one that we used to slow dance do. We even had that at our wedding as our as one of our first sort of dance songs. It was a beautiful song.
Speaker 4: Is that why you've been slicking your hair back? More to the next episode.
Speaker 1: Was and then and then at number four, I had walk On, which was the actual one after the This was the live studio album one after the nine to eleven. Remember they did that big fundraiser. All these bands did the big fundraiser and they did walk On, beautiful, beautiful version of it. So I put that one in there at number four, and then at number one or number five, which.
Speaker 5: Ranked them five, four, three two on sir, can you rank them one, two three? Just take them, would you?
Speaker 1: And then Running to stand Still from the Joshua Tree album was number one. Now the funny thing is the Running to stand Still was the first You Two song I remember hearing right off the Joshua Tree album. So I heard that and I thought that's a cool song. So imagine then what you thought of the band after you hear that and then you hear the rest of the Joshua Tree album, like, oh my god, this is the greatest band of all time. So yeah, I think the Joshua Tree was the first album I ever actually bought with my own money.
Speaker 2: So where did you hear the song first? On the radio and like my brother.
Speaker 1: My brother was playing it, I think, and I just remember just thinking that's a good song. And then he said, yeah, well listen, listen to these other ones from this album, and I was like, oh ah, this is a great album. Some say the Joshua Tree is like the greatest album of all time. Some say that some seeing your brother Nick is the greatest el. So yeah, they've had some bangers. I mean, Acton Baby is an incredible album. All that you Can't Leave Behind is an incredible album. How to Dismantle In the Tomic Bomb album, Radlingham's good Boy is good.
Speaker 5: I think just let him talk guys.
Speaker 2: Here an hour I really what's that? I think if we just let you keep going, we would just hear an hour every song that YOUT ever recorded would be mentioned. Wow, all right, I'm gonna have to go check this out.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: This serious? So is it just is it a video of you counting it down?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's just audio. It's just audio. In fact, let me tell you when it's gonna be played today, because I've got the it's gonna be it's gonna be on it. So it's on, it's on the it's serious, so.
Speaker 2: I could be on serious extent. And here, Hi, I'm Lee Ellis. These are my top five? You two songs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's I got that you picked deep?
Speaker 2: That would gives you more responsibilities? Roxy, hold on, I'm gonna five songs?
Speaker 1: Well, it was tough to come. Was just five I could have got. I could have gone fifteen or twenty deep there on the YouTube what ten ten pm, ten pm Eastern tonight, it's going to be a hang on what days.
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: Yeah, see she's got she says here Thursday, the first of the first, which is Friday. But but it's anyway, it's it's you go to the go to the YouTube channel channel thirty two on Sirius and then go into the YouTube desire on X you on X radio and you can you can listen to it anytime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds a little complicated. What you're look here for? Shut up to.
Speaker 1: Hang on one second? Concept?
Speaker 2: What the hell are.
Speaker 5: We're still doing a show?
Speaker 4: All right? All right? Serious?
Speaker 1: Ex really?
Speaker 2: Oh man? Okay, well I'm tuning in. I got to listen to this. How long is it?
Speaker 1: It's not very long? It's not very I do that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: They said to keep the intros like two minutes or less. Mine were pretty short.
Speaker 4: Actually there's an intro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's an intro. Says Hi, I'm Lee from Atlanta, Georgia by way of Melbourne, Australia, and these and for the five sons I desire most un serious.
Speaker 5: Exam, why'd you pull out your sexy woe?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I did put the sexiness into it.
Speaker 5: Didn't you? You saw YouTube in Atlanta just a couple of years ago, didn't you.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen them in Atlanta. I don't think we have. I have id Wow, I seen them see them in Toronto.
Speaker 5: I remember Roxy talking about it when we were at gd's I think it was she went.
Speaker 1: To she went to New Orleans, she went to a couple of years ago goals. Yeah, yeah, to see. That was the Joshua Tree album, although they played tons of other songs off other albums as well.
Speaker 5: Which onesley, which are.
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Just pull up the New Orleans Let's go on now, that's a good sign to start with. Oh man, that is That's awesome, manus, I like them.
Speaker 4: It's the only gar I want to listen.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I got right back into them when they got their own channel. They're on Serious because you know, I sort of drifted off as I haven't heard them for a while, and then they did on Serious because you know, I got hooked on Serious. Yeah uh, And they said, you two's got their own channel. A lot of other bands have had their own channel, like bon Jovi had one, Billy Joel had one. But I don't think they're permanent. You too seems to be permanent. Might try to squeeze another five into.
Speaker 2: All right, All right, bigger results from last night. We were We were all wrong, gentlemen. We all took the box. We thought they would go back to back in covering and victory over the heat. I was looking good for there for a minute. By the heat you know, said no, no, no, not on our watch, and they got the victory. So they easily covered the six and a half line. So that's an l for everybody. We all had Milwaukee, someone should have swerved for sure. Trey, you're two and four task and lay your three and three on four and two. We're going to do this for the rest of January or when we get into January. So it's not over yet. Trey has not lost. And you know what, we won't even pick a game tonight because we're not going to be back till Monday. We're taking tomorrow off of course for January first, and then we got the weekend. We'll be back on Monday and then we'll start making our picks again. We'll have all month of January to battle it out in our pickam contest. There, all right, what a what a wild weird ending to our twenty twenty podcast. Email us your questions and your comments to no dunks at the Athletic dot com for our Beach Step in podcast where we answer all your cues next week. Immaculate items available at no dunks dot com. Go grab those check out the other great podcast on the Athletic Network. Love Me Some Daily Ding. Love having that back in our life, so go check out that out as well as all the other great NBA podcasts. It Happy new Year everyone. As I said, we'll be back on Monday. Stay safe, Clipper bros.
Speaker 4: You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up.
Speaker 2: Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 5: Thanks for joining us, and remember fk U two twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Embrace the New year.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 5: You could stay ooo every day and that you happy every minute. It's been so long with your FUNA wait for It's happen already.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be goody