Speaker 1: Leading Off starts right now. Friends, I am Chris Welsh. That is Andrew Seifer, and welcome in and thank you for hanging out with us. Leading Off brought to you by bet MGM. It's a brand new week. We are almost in September. We are in the final stretch, and Andrew and I are here to help you out. Andrew, how was your weekend? My friend?
Speaker 2: So good man, I just you know, I was telling you right before show. I took my daughter to a little butterfly garden, got out in some fresh air because you know, with all the sports watching going on, sometimes it's hard.
Speaker 3: To get out of your your living room there.
Speaker 2: But you know, especially with football coming too, I know Sunday, you know, Sundays and Saturdays are going to start getting booked for me for a lot of TV watching. So I got to take those nature opportunities when I can, you know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bet MGM, I found myself even on another realm of wanting to bet this week, and because there was even preseason NFL, and it got my baseball juices going a little bit more. I did think I cursed it though. I had one bet yesterday and I'm sorry I had two baseball bets, and they both surrounded around Shoho Tani and the Angels and couldn't have done a better job about that, cursing Otani having one of his worst starts of his career, eighty five pitches through four, couldn't strike anybody out, couldn't command anything, couldn't do anything. Angels had an opportunity. I also had a total team total runs in the first five they had all the base I think the bases were loaded with hern Gifo.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 1: Disaster, but we're gonna change it this week. Whether it's football and or baseball betting, We've got the whole gambit of stuff to talk about, so let's get right into it. Cardinals sweep my Diamondbacks over the weekend to extend a seven game winning streak, and I picked up a couple homers from Goldie. So again, I don't I think I'm at like thirty maybe maybe thirty homers go Cards probably knows. I don't exactly know where I'm at. Look at the home run board, because we do have a new leader here in just a little bit. It would be a miracle for me to get in there. But I think I am crossing the thirty home run mark, which I'm very happy about. The Cardinals sweep the Diamondbacks over the weekend and now seven game winning streak be as they rock. In twelve games with the Dodgers, Andrew Joey Gallow has slashed two sixty seven, three seventy one, six sixty seven. The Yankees, he had a one fifty nine, two eighty two, three thirty nine slash line. Joey Gallow was not done. Shout out to Wonky for it. How much does your how much in your belief does Joey Gallow exist like rest of season into next year? Was this really a change of scenery that was needed because we're seeing that remember that theoretical time where we look at Joey Gallow's numbers when he was with the Rangers, were like, if he could just hit two thirty, he would be this. He is doing that in a platoonish type of role with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I think Joey Gallow is what joe Gallop has always been. And people, you know, it is funny what you said is totally true. With batting, average people always can kind of just dream because you know there is more fluctuation with that stat from year to year, So there will be some years where he hits for a higher average. There are also be years where his average, like this year is like one seventy, you know. And I think going to the Dodgers sometimes you get excited, you know, you get a short term boost, but I don't really see that as something that's going to be changed his outlook longer term, even for the rest of the season. Like you said, he's he's a platoon player. I mean, he's only he's only playing against righty, so you know, it's it's you know, I'd almost rather have Albert Pooholes, honestly, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's fine. I remember back in the day, we would you took a look, you take a look at like kind of stacking players in fantasy, and we would go if you had I'm trying to remember who the runner was. Maybe it was all who is the astros guy? It's not Willie Tavirus if you remember, like and maybe I'm mixing it, but it was like if you took a WILLI to various type of guy, and then you took Joey Gallo, if you combine them together, you would have like a first overall fantasy player. But it's the dream on and there's a lot of those guys that acusly would be a fun article of like who are players we'd dream on? You know, we dream on Joey Gallo doing this. We dream on Byron Buckston, you know, being out there. We dream on Mike Trout continuously being healthy. But this is actually something good for Joey Gallo's career. I actually think that this would continue. You know, Dodgers only put him in in a place to succeed, even if his bats at bats were lower. I would rather four hundred at bats versus writings with Joey Gallo than six hundred and fifty doing the whole thing and struggling and losing time. This would I wish teams would take some of these players because we're seeing like an uptick in these like to ten to fifteen to twenty type of hitters more and more. Let's just put them in the best situations to succeed. You know, Brandon Jury kind of bucked that a little bit, but why not? Why not? Andrew?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's like it's so format dependent, honestly, with a player like Joey Gallo, though I feel like, you know, it's if you're in a points league, like he's better, you know, because he draws walks and the batting average doesn't kill you as much. If you're in a daily lineups league and you don't mind a little maintenance on your team, then yeah, you play him when when he's playing, You sit him when he's sitting against the lefties, and.
Speaker 3: You get the best out of him. So you can make it work.
Speaker 2: You can also draft, you know, go into the season and draft some high batting average guys to like offset gallop. So there are ways to make it work. He's a high maintenance player in my opinion and for fantasy. So if you're the kind of manager that just wants to set it and forget it, or you know, if you have weekly lineups, you're getting like a top one hundred, top one fifty at best overall player for the full season when you factor in the warts. But if you have some flexibility in your format, can he can be valuable for you.
Speaker 1: Do an article called Once upon a Dream, and I'll just take these players where it's like, if they could just do this one thing, everything could be okay in the world. They can only do one Alec Boom two homers in the Mets loss. Boom now a three to nineteen average in the second half compared to a two seventy six. And I just wanted to bring this up to you, Andrew, because I was just doing a little deep dive on Alec Bohm and across the board it's all better in the second half. I show up hard hit was around twenty eight percent in the first half. It's up to thirty eight percent in the second half. I mean, you pick the number. Strikeout percentage has gone down or k percentage has gone down by two. The entire thing has fixed itself to a degree, of course. And over the last thirty days, at least on Yahoo's algorithm, he is a top thirty five overall player with four homers, twenty one RBI, seventeen runs and that three nineteen batting average essentially equating to the second half is the last thirty days. And do you think the death of Alec Bohm in fantasy was premature as he's really found seemed to find a stride even though none of it's elite. You know, four homers, blah bla blah, it's not going to work. But he does have three homers in each of the last two months as it's picking up Alec Boum sixty percent owned and Yahoo Alec Boem Trust rest of this season and into the future.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think he's going to kill you. I think he's got a really good hit tool. I think he can hit for a pretty high average. To me, the question is really about the power because he doesn't offer steals. So if he's not offering steals and he's not offering home runs, he's not going to be that interesting in a Rodo categories kind of league. You don't want him to be Luis Arayaz, right, So you know, it is nice to see the upteck and power. I don't know if you looked when you looked at his splits, if you happen to look at his launch angle, because that's the thing I'm really wanting to see. His launch angle's ten point eight percent for the season right now, so that's up from last year, but it's still pretty mediocre. It's not the kind of launch angle that is going to get you twenty five thirty home runs over a season, I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: He does make hard contact, but he hits a lot of line drives, hits a lot of ground balls. So you know, I still am not really there in believing that the power is come based on this short hot streak, So I need to see it more before I believe that. But you know, he's only twenty six years old, so he's got a long career ahead of him. I could certainly see him making the adjustments to become more of a power hitter. I just don't know if that's happened yet.
Speaker 1: I think there might be something in Dynasty for a buy rest of season. I think you just you're comfortable with what you know you have with him, and it's probably shorter league where he's available first to second half. August has been a little bit of a drudge outlie of the side of this last week, and it was really July that he boosted. But homer und the fly ball ratio eight percent in the first half jumped up to almost fourteen percent this half. His ground ball rate has also dropped by around three percent this half. His slugging is up over one hundred points, So this is really about what he's doing in the second half. Is there sustainability? Have we found growth in him? And if we take these numbers of what he's doing in this short stin of the second half, can this be something elongated over a season for next year? And I think it might be. What it would do for him though, is this would probably be something where you know, he's like a poor, poor poor man's Alec Bregman, you know, Alex Bregman, where it's like, you're gonna maybe get to twenty five homers, you could have a high adding average. Bregman's gonna get a more steels than Bom is going to be just something to look out for as he kind of picks that up. On the prospect side, the Royals are calling up Drew Waters from Triple A. He was he was acquired like last month in that brave competitive balance pick trade that they did where the Braves were just picking up the thirty fifth overall pick and they got and the Royals got Drew Waters and he was see blah blah blah two three ninety nine five forty one slash is seven homers and the thirteen stolen bases in one hundred and forty three played appearances over thirty one games of the Royals so far. Drew Waters was a very highly, highly tited prospect. There's a huge, huge bat speed in his game, There's a lot of swing and miss. He's kind of stalled. There were big stolen base numbers. This is the like the theoretical five tool type of outfielder whose hit tool really really regressed. And now he's gonna come up with the Royals and get an opportunity to have any interest in speculating on a guy like Drew Waters who has some you know, power speed potential if he plays through the second half of this year and really you know, also just him having the potential to play when he's found his groove with the Royals is a big move because the Braves typically move up their outfielders. He was the outlier that did not get it. So any interest in Drew Waters.
Speaker 2: I certainly would be interested in a speculative ad in a Rodeo categories league just because of the sole and based potential that he brings. You know, I feel like he's very much the opposite kind of player as Alex Boem.
Speaker 3: He's very toolsy player.
Speaker 2: But you know, you look at the minor league numbers and you mentioned he was hitting two ninety five in the Royals Triple A system, but he had a twenty eight point seven percent strikeout rate, So oh, you know, if you have that highest strike out rate in Triple A, like, you're probably going to be striking out well north of thirty percent in the big leagues, which means you're going to be a major batting average liability. So like, it wouldn't surprise me to see him kind of go the root of like Josh Low, where it just doesn't work out.
Speaker 3: But it's fine to take a chance.
Speaker 2: I have no problem with that as long as the Royals actually do give him regular playing time. We always assume, oh, this is a team that's out of it, like they they why wouldn't they play their young guys the last five six weeks of the season. But we've seen the Royals frustrate us with some of this stuff before. I mean, they kept Carlos Santana around way longer than we wish they would, and we had to wait on Vinie pas Quentino, we had to wait on MJ. Melendez to get regular playing time. Edward Oliveris is a guy people have always gotten really excited about, and then he doesn't. He never plays, you know, so I mean, they still have Kyle I isbel there, They've got Michael Taylor. There's some guys who could be standing in his way for regular playing time. So I want to just kind of see how it pans out.
Speaker 1: Something to be interesting to watch with him, Like a lot of guys, there's kind of a I've seen some chatter about this online over the weekend about how teams are starting to adjust to Michael Harris and the big I mean, it is like I really want to actually talk to the AFL coming in like a month and a half. I really want to talk to some prospects about this and what changed and when this became the thing. But like one of the biggest issues in developmental changes, especially if you have really good hitters, is high fastballs. And like I got to report kind of really good prospect, one of the top prospects, and how the only hole in their game currently is high velocity and in the upper region of the zone. And that's something that kind of like a lot of these guys are always dealing with and always struggling through, where like Michael Harris has been hitting nothing but fastballs. Guy's grooving in high v low. A lot of relievers and stuff and not throwing them off speed pitches. And I'd be curious to see if that's what Drew Water sees early on, because I actually think he could have some early success if he gets a bunch of fastballs. But then what's going to happen is when teams start, you know, throwing in any breaking pitches and then complimenting that with high zone fastballs. Is he a higher upper zone fastball hitter. And I don't think he is big strikeout guy. He's kind of a chase guy. So just monitor him, just kind of throwing it out there and letting everybody know that Drew Waters is coming up. On the injury front, Braxton Garrett fifteen day IL, Tyler Molly fifteen IL with shoulder inflammation. Actually thought we were gonna not get him there, Sir Anthony Dominguez on the fifteen day. George Springer was hit on Sunday, but otherwise he missed the weekend with right knee soreness. That's kind of just been a continuous thing with him. Unfortunately, Eric Costmer miss Sunday's game after leaving Saturday with lower back stiffness. Granky was pulled from his start on Sunday with right forum cramping. Look at all these injuries, King Thompson on the fifteen goes Many grand Doll on the ten day with the hyper extended knee, and Kyle Hendricks out for the rest of the year. With twenty twenty two, we are in that like out for the rest of the season thing here with this month ago, you're gonna have teams just giving up pushing out. I expect to probably see a big uptick in injuries, Andrew, don't.
Speaker 3: You like Yeah, I mean, I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping with Tyler Molly that it will be a short stay on the IL and clearly they need him. They went out and got him, so, you know, and he had really turned his season around as well. So I'm still like hopeful that we get a month more of good Tyler Mole in September to you know, help us with that stretch run. And Braxton Garrett is a real disappointing one for me because I really he just seemed on the verge of a huge breakout to me, and then he had this string of just awful matchups. I wrote about him in my waiver wire piece at Fantasy pros on I wrote it on Friday.
Speaker 3: It came up Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: But you know, he was still a players recommending to pick up just because of the potential. But I was like, you know, you're not gonna want to start him, probably against the Dodgers, And now we have this, so it's it's kind of a bummer. Maybe his maybe his full breakout gets pushed back to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: But I still really like him for the long term.
Speaker 1: So I got a random it's a new segment. It's a brand new segment on the show. You know, we love to interact. We've got the peanuts and cracker jacks. We have one of the best chats. There's rocking through. Look at all these guys. If you guys aren't hanging out, get in here. You get the whole crew. And hear Wonky is rocking with everybody. So man of the people, and I like to see what the chatter is. So we are going to do a new segment. It's called Twitter Chatter. What's going on? I'm pick a totally random baseball tweet, has nothing to do with anything, completely random, and it close my eyes. Pick okay, here it is. This is from John Anderson from Rotoballer, totally random tweet ONEO Cruz has been one of the worst hitters in the league this year, So that's nine for Pirates fans. He's hitting one ninety six with a two forty four OBP at three eighty six slugging. He's got a huge strikeout problem thirty eight percent, and his sixty one percent contact rate is horrific, and he's hitting way too many ground balls fifty three percent when he does make contact. It's totally random. Tweet Andrew completely innocuous ONEO Cruz Rookie of the Year, not so much heading under two hundred. You got it? Is Oneokruz trustworthy on your roster rest of season in redraft.
Speaker 2: I mean I wouldn't say he's trustworthy, but I would point out he's got nine homers and six deals in fifty games. So like, that's that's a pretty good pace. That's that's a what twenty thirty home run fifteen plus steel pace more thirty steel pace, So yeah, I mean that'll play, you know, in a category rodor league at least, and at points leek it probably doesn't play at all. And I agree, I mean with that swing and miss in his game, like the batting average is not really a fluke. I mean, this guy clearly has some adjustments to make to be a long term major League baseball player. But it's one of those things where in fantasy you can kind of deal with it a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I obviously I disagree a little bit when you say, like it totally plays like, yeah, the homers in the stolen bases, they play to a degree, but you know you're going to sink your batting average and you're going to have you might have a week of sunken stats. But again, oh no, Cruise, super crazy talent, just you know, one of the biggest strikeout rates hitting under two hundred and maybe one of the most overrated, overrated guys as far as public perception for this year.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's so young, now, I mean, come on, he's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's my I have a big if you don't get the bit here, I've been critical of him this year and how he was anointed. He literally came up and the first day he came up, he had Rookie of the Year top odds. He was gonna win the award this year. I think he's completely overrated. Long term, he's a buye. He's his talent is stupid. The home run when he gets it figured out. If he gets it figured out, it's going to be well.
Speaker 2: It's like it's the same thing you were talking about with Joey Gallo. Honestly, it's like people dream like, oh, what if he can only hit two fifty then all of a sudden, all this power and speed, He's going to be a stud, you know.
Speaker 1: But in my article, if I was writing that article, Joey Gallo would be in there. He would one hundred percent. I mean, because he's that guy that you know, even in bad batting averages, you can probably still project high runs, RBI, homer and stolen bases. Maybe not iby and run are gonna be a little dicey, maybe in the median range, but you can project if you're gonna get twenty eight homers and twelve stolen bases, that's awesome. It just doesn't feel great when it's attached to a one batting average Drew.
Speaker 2: But I'd rather dream on a twenty three year old, you know, who's just getting his first taste of the major leagues than dreaming on Joey Gallo, who we know what he is one way or.
Speaker 1: Another context of what you're saying in redraft or dynasty.
Speaker 2: Uh well, I mean, honestly, I don't think i'd want either of them in my starting lineup in a ten or twelve team league in redraft right now.
Speaker 1: This is not a question like O'Neill Cruz is like worlds and universes beyond the guy.
Speaker 2: But even if you say redraft for next season, for example, like I think there's a better chance that O'Neil Cruz takes a big step forward, Joey gal gets lucky and hits two sixty, you know.
Speaker 1: Totally agree, totally agree with that. Check Out this tweet from CBS Sports Home Runs since August tenth, Mike Marrickle sent this to me. Albert Poolhole six, the team Phillies, the whole team five, the whole team of the Rangers five, and the Red Sox three. That's actually more amazing than pool I was having more homers than them. Is the Red Sogs having three homers on that. I like that tweet as pool Holes. We all want Poolholes to get to seven hundred. I really do. I wanted to play all the games double aheaders. Just get him playing whatever position he's got to play like, I just want to see it. And if he stops at six ninety nine, I think he's.
Speaker 2: Got a better chance than he does did the last time we talked about it. So he keeps hitting two home runs whenever he plays, he could get there even with spot starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to some stat heroes for the weekend. Mark Canna three for five, he had two homers five RBIs had that big injured at the I think it was on Saturday. Alec Bohm three for five, two homer, six RBI. Jake Frayley two for two with a homer, three RBI and a stolen basil combo meal. Evan Longoria just coming back. Emory is one of my favorite players when he was a Ray. When he was coming up, I loved Longoria Man three for four, homer, four RBI. Kesten Hira from the Dead Zombie Keston here two for four, two homers, three RB. I would love for that to kick back. Riley Green had a homer and an incredible catch. Because I was dialed into that Angels game when I wasn't complaining about MLB's blackout rules, he had this diving catch in center field to absolutely take away a run in my team total first five looking really really good, that whole defense. They also robbed one at the wall as well. It was just you know, trying to kill me, Sayasa Zuki three for three with a bomb, Andrew beinin Tendi had a homer, Matt Olsen with a homer in Shane Leangaliers three for four with a RBI in a run. Anybody took out your fancy in this group, I think there's a lot of potential. And the Shanelangaliers kind of jumps out to me as he continues to hit with this team, and this is really this is one of those working out young guys. Why, regardless of what's going on, find a way to pick them up. See if it works, and guys like von Grissom and Shaleangliers it is working.
Speaker 2: Andrew Yeah. And I mean the fact the fact that he's a catcher too. I mean, like this is a guy who was hitting two eighty three with nineteen homers and five steals in ninety two games in Triple A. So uh, you know it's more than just this hot star right now. I mean he is striking out an awful lot so far, but it's only twenty plays appearances, so we shouldn't overreact to that. I mean, I did the bar Is solo with Catcher, like I feel like he's the kind of guy that like instantly it is interesting, like it doesn't take much at all to become like a worthy player of picking up.
Speaker 3: In a ten or twelve team league at Catcher.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting about that too, is I think there's the potential you can make arguments that there might be a three she canna say there's more than that, maybe four. Probably on four, let's go with four four catchers that could be inside the top twelve for next year that have less than a year of experience in there. And we're talking Adlee, you're talking MJ. Melendez, who I think could be in that conversation. Shane Lingleiers is probably a little bit dicey, But you know what, if he finishes out this whole way through, it's going to be hard to take that bat off. And maybe Francisco Aalverretz going into next year, if he gets a little bit a cup of coffee and you look at that, and you know Adley was Adley was being drafted. I was very critical of this, but it all works out in the end where Adley was being drafted as like the fifth catcher in a lot of leads this year, yet he didn't come up for the first half of the season. So that's kind of stupid unless you are comfortable with it being able to just kind of like roster him at the bottom. But then it's worked out. Adley's going to be drafted as a number one catcher next year, and there's actually a little doubt in my mind that it's going to happen. Maybe Ramutto gets in there. I don't know. I think Ali would be the number one. But you now, look is you could have four of the young young catchers make up the top twelve of overall catchers drafted next year. Who do you think would be out of that list? It's obviously going to probably well, it's not going to be Adle, so it's going to be one of the others. Who do you think is on the fringe of that top twelve?
Speaker 3: Uh, remind me who the other three you said were?
Speaker 1: Alvarez who hasn't come up yet. You know, shee Lengeliers, who's rocking in a bad lineup, who should hit in the middle in perpetuity, and then you have him j Melendez.
Speaker 2: I think it has to be Alvarez just because we haven't we haven't seen it yet and we don't know exactly when he's going to get the opportunity. I mean, I've been on Melendez all along. I just like what this guy did in the minor. I mean he he had forty home runs in the miners last season, you know, and it was amazing because they had sal Perez do it in the majors and Melendez doing the miners, so it was really nice to see.
Speaker 3: That was one situation where you had to wait a little while.
Speaker 2: But then they really have stuck with Melendez through the ups and downs, which are to be expected. So I like him a lot. You know, there's other young catchers too. I think Kibar Ruiz has had kind of a tough year, but I still think he could be a top twelve catcher next season. Alejandro Kirk, of course, has been a revelation this season. So yeah, so it's a good time for young catchers.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Kirk could be anywhere from three to four overall and catcher at the catcher spot. The questionable thing to me is after Adley, it's this little clump of like is it going to be Ramuto, Is it going to be a sal Is it going to be Wilson, Catreras or Dalton Varshow? You know, like that type of grouping of guys somewhere in there that's not a bad spot. And then all of a sudden, if you don't get those guys, then you can take the Melendez is the room, you know, the ruiz is you can just kind of take some of those shots in the dark on And I mean Cole Rally can't hit for average, but he leads catchers and homers this year. So this is why I don't spin too too heavy. It's a pretty good group.
Speaker 2: I mean, real Muto, I've got him. I mean, and if you play in any type of a categories league like he has really just been a huge boost with the stolen basis. I mean, this season kind of got off to a rough start, but yeah, I mean now he's just he's really cooking. And then of course Will Smith is also always well.
Speaker 1: Yeah in that group too. That you know, fun debate would be Adley or Rumuto for next year. On what side people are going to go with. So maybe that's something we'll bring up later.
Speaker 2: Ady gets to make his audition for the next Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean, and he's been doing it. I think one of the god if I remember, he might be the highest. I could be completely wrong about this. I want to say it was like the highest war of all catchers already in his short I mean, now I have to look. So this is ruining my So let's take a look here, let's take off qualified and let's see war for catchers just because I said it, and we can't not do it. No, but he is the okay, so this is a wild one. He is the fifth highest in war for catchers. He's within one full point of the top guy, which is Ramuto. But he's done it in only seventy three games. The next lowest is Jose Travino in eighty eight. The other three Will Smith, Sean Murphy, and Ramuto all over one hundred games. Adley has a three and a half war in seventy three games. That's a wild number, folks. That's a wild number for a rookie and a catcher let alone.
Speaker 3: I'll still take Rio, Muto and Redraft next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he would probably take it. But if there's a discount, if there's a big gap, that would change my mind. I will never ever, You'll never see me pay up for catchers. So if you know, unless you're in a two catcher league, of course, but if you're in like a single catcher league and you're paying fifth round, that'll never be me. I'll just take the back end of what's still out there, and if there's a big gap between Adley and him, that's where I would pick some big perform from this weekend. Justin Steele has been just such a good second half, just maybe most of the season. Guy six struck out nine, gave up only two hits or six with three strikeout. Sean and Iya went seven, striking out four, giving up five hits, no walks. Nester Cortez struck out five and six, and Alec Manoa six, striking out eight, hitting one judge and starting one fight with Garrett Cole telling him to do you see He's like, cross that what a weird like come get me bro line where he's like if he wants to come and walk past the AUDI sign, like what did you see? Did you see that?
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: He hit Aaron Judge and they were kind of cool. Garrett Cole just kind of jumped up and freaked out. And then in a post conference thing, Alec Manoa is like, well, if he wants to do something, he can cross that Audie sign. And what he was talking about was like the painted Audi logo on the field, and it was just like.
Speaker 3: Do you think Audi is happy about this? Reference?
Speaker 1: That had to be worth at least like half a million dollars in.
Speaker 3: Their new ad campaign across the Audio sign.
Speaker 1: Right now, if baseball was like hockey and they had like a you know, like a fight and then a two minutes in the booth that could be sponsored by Audi and everyone would love it one hundred percent. Since stat zero, Kyle Stowers who got called up over four to four strikeouts, some Ophers with three strikeouts, Aristide is a Kenyo, Jeremy Peigne, Johannio Suarez, Brett Batio for five and Michael Harris so for fours. We got to watch the Michael Harris stuff. This is a huge key to the next year value on Michael Harris is how he adjusts now that the league is adjusting to him. You're gonna see a lot more breaking pitches which he hits at a much lower rate, and let's see where the struggle or where the return comes from. I think that will tell you how elite we walk into next season with him on the picture side. Struggles Sandi al Contra a rare wear struggle six earned runs, ten hits, five K's Jose Quintana only went two and two thirds give up two earned runs with seven hits. Mike Minor gave up five. Kyle Gibson didn't go five and show Heyotani, as I mentioned, gave up three and runs in four. But one of his eighty five pitches in four innings is one of the lower outputs across the board. The Sandy one, do you think? I think you and I have talked about this just real quick. We've talked about the the cy Young stuff, and I want to say that you were in on some of the others beside Sandy. This is one of those things that I think lowers the market a little bit for Sandy and closes the gap. I think it was Burns that was number two. And I know there's some people that hit me up about, like Edwin Diaz maybe being in that mix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was saying Sures are as a long shot, but yeah, yeah, I mean that's the thing with al Contra. It's just the margin for air, the fact that he's not on a winning team and isn't piling up a huge win total. You know, it doesn't isn't a huge strikeout guy. There's just certain things that make it. He doesn't have that huge margin for air. So a couple more starts like this, I agree, I think that that would really open the door. But I just I never saw him as like a runaway for it.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go and check out the home run leaderboard, which we don't have a graphic. I need to get on them to get us a new graphic because we have a brand new leader on the board. High Covey is back in the lead. High Covey twenty sixteen with forty six homers doesn't look like anybody hit a Sunday homer. In the top of the leaderboard. Blum is at forty five, Go Cards forty three. That is your top three, with Terry m Mike Mayer coming up on the forty. Still only six people on the forty home run marker, so we will be on the lookout for that. Friends, try to find it. Where did it go? When you're making your bets? There is only one for kings and Queen's. Yes here it is the official crown for bet MGM. Yes, Andrew Joe used to have a nice crown. I have a tiara because I have my daughter here. And this was ordered. The mystery was solved, by the way, and I might let everybody know who it was on Wednesday, Wonky Wednesday, I'm gonna release who the mystery of the scent tiaras was. They Go and check out bet MGM today. Use the app, go online, use a promo code leading off and get a risk free one thousand dollars bet do it today. I've got four bets for you. The ones are the top algorithm strikeouts. Let's take this off strikeouts and total bases, and then the plus money strikeouts in total bases. So the number one total base prop for the day is not crazy juiced up over in sugar House. It's Mookie bets at one and a half total basis, it's minus one thirteen. That's actually not bad versus Milwaukee. The number one on the plus money total basis is Wilson Conraris, you're getting plus one twenty five with one and a half total bases against Saint Louis, So both of those they are actually not badly juiced. The number one strikeout prop of the day is Julio Urius, who's projected at almost six, and it's an underplay because the number is at seven and a half versus Milwaukee. It is minus one sixty and your plus this I took an even money play. Jeffrey Springs even money on five and a half strikeouts. Fantasy proses projecting our betting pros is projecting six and a half versus the Angels, so andrew any of those bets. Urius Springs strikeouts, Contraras bets total bases. Which one do you like if you're taking one or multiple?
Speaker 2: I mean that Mookie bets one looks pretty good to me. I mean that's a real low number and it's almost even money. So yeah, I mean I think he should. I mean you never know him any one day, but he should crush that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of I don't play under though I don't, but I kind of like that Julio Arias under seven and a half to you know, I mean, Milwaukee would be a place you would get eight strikeouts, but I don't particularly like the strikeout pop from Arias. But the mookie bets one I am on as well. Just quickly on the DFS some pricing over on FanDuel, you can get Copek at eight seven, which I kind of dig. This week, Jeffrey Springs is eight sunny grade nine and a half and Sure's are eleven and a half. You're looking for some lineup builders. You've got four teams with five or more projected earned runs. You've got the Philly, Atlanta, Minnesota, and the Dodgers. If you want to pick and choose from those, maybe top of the lineup players if you're putting those all together. And lastly, home run call, Andrew, I throw it to you. We're gonna start the week off hot. Who do you got well.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised Go Cards is doing well on the home run count because the Cards are on fire, and I'm I'm not going to stray from that. I'm gonna go with Paul gold Schmidt. I mean, he's got a couple home runs this in the last few days. He's hitting for the season four thirty five with nine homers in ninety two at bats against left handed pitching. He's facing Drew Smiley. Feel good story that Drew Smiley's been doing decently lately, but I think it's going to come crashing down for him against that on fire in Fuego Cardinals team.
Speaker 3: So I look for Goldie to go yard.
Speaker 1: We have got Mayor picking Reeese Hoskins, who I almost pick. Wonkey has got Jake Frayley, and I'm going to do something I haven't done in a long time. I'm gonna go with the Buckston Monday. Yes, we're going to go Byron Buckston for the day. Hasn't been doing much of anything, does hit two forty five against leftizo. Got Cole Reagan's in the house, So I am going to be jumping on with Byron Bucks. I'm kind of excited if we can get a homer and we can rev start some Bucks and action. Doctor Glenn, you got my line for the day, Glenn says, I went seven to two thirds, gave up one earned seven strikeouts currently as my start for today in the host seat, and I'm carrying a two five seven ERA on this season. Thank you very much, doctor Glenn. I'm gonna have to have a bad blow up here to jump up that era and shout out happy birthday to go Cards. I saw in the chat it is his birthday, so let's all wish Go Cards a happy birthday. You can do that in the discord if you would like, or do it right now. ANDREI adnything going on that we need to know before we're talking again. Next.
Speaker 2: I'm just churning out these waiver wire pieces for Fantasy pros every Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: You can check those out. I got my rest of.
Speaker 2: Season rankings updated at ros rankings dot com, so you can go there as well, and got podcast going twice a week on Apple and Spotify, the Rest of Season Rankings podcast with my co host Bart Wheeler.
Speaker 1: Very very cool friendsick find me on Twitter at is it the Welsh. You can join in my hatred of MLB's blackout rules, which I tweeted about this weekend. You can catch the Twitch show which is a little bit later today, and go over to this League dot com where we got all the cool stuff. And I'm actually working on my twenty twenty three rankings which I'm going to be posting in September, so that should be fun for Andrew. I am Welsh everybody, Thank you so much for hanging out with us. Have a fantastic week, get those wins in. It's championship time. This is when it's one. We're out of here. It's fantasy pros.
Speaker 3: Peace. Peace,