Speaker 1: What's up is the one only cash Down. Make sure you check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: Yo, it's the Bootleg keV Show special guest in here. Some might call her the Queen of Detroit. Cash Dollars in the building.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I am doing great. I'm hungry, but I'm great.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm always hungry.
Speaker 1: I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're hungry too, of course, Troy Marshalls hungry? What yeah, litters interrupt the whole fucking interview. You want to order some pizza? Okay, good, Yeah, go get it. It's up the street. Press the button for him. Shot to Troy Marshall, who obviously is hungry.
Speaker 1: He's hungry too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the Troit style too. Yeah, you can just let yourself out the front. Give him the key. Yeah you know, it's right on the corner. Shout to Troy Marshall, who is so hungry that he interrupted the interview with his fat ass.
Speaker 1: We gotta eat, We gotta eat anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so Cash, I feel like, you know, I haven't interviewed you in like eight seven eight years. It spent a long time since I first moved to la but since then I feel like just Detroit as a whole has just transformed into like a whole, entire different place in terms of like how the industry is looking at you. Yeah, some of the recognition the Detroit artists are getting and the sound being like widely adopted stolen sometimes. Yeah, how do you feel about just like where Detroit is now, like in terms of just.
Speaker 1: De grateful to be from Detroit in this moment, Like I'm just grateful because we finally get in the recognition that we deserve. Yes, you know, so I just think that it's a time like come on, yeah, look at the lions. We like we're doing our biggest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Yeah, it's like if you just think about like a guy, like you know, I kind of look at like you and Vessel had like similar like trajectories in terms of like you guys buzzing and then commercially getting embraced around the same time, Like, like how cool has it been to just watch like guys like Vezzo or even like Pero Giovanni come back and kind of have like this cool indie run working with Cargo and ship, Like there's just so much cool things happening listen.
Speaker 1: I watched all of them grow, you know, and they watch me grow, you know what I'm saying. So it's just like a family thing like those like that's my bro you know Payroll, that's literally family. That's those that's my kids. Got that so yeah, those his his wife is my best friend. So oh fire, that's their god family. And I've watched him grow. He watched me grow, you know, like baby Face, ray Man, Peasy, he greasily sat of taby baby money, forty two dugs skill a baby. It's just like a wave of just so many any baby baby, Tromp.
Speaker 2: Baby's going crazy, even like the flint stuff about to.
Speaker 1: Get Oh my god is about to get out, and it's about to be some ship. It's about to be some ship because Rio is hard, be hard, it's man. I'm just happy to be a part of it, to be the woman in the mix.
Speaker 2: And you are. You are definitely the one. I'm curious for people who have never been to Detroit. I've heard other people kind of describe. Can you kind of break down what you would describe as like the main difference in vibes between like East side Detroit and West side Detroit.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like I don't know, because there's every time I answer this, it'd be like some beef.
Speaker 2: I feel like all the beef is going away. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, like not like for what you say, like like you know, it'd be like controversy, like.
Speaker 2: What people say like the east Side is a little more grimy and the west Side's more on some player ship. Is that fair?
Speaker 1: I don't want to answer. They know they know the different but I'm from the west side. Maybe I'm from the west side and yeah, it's like that on the west Side, but on the east side the east side dudes beginning money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think like the most overrated thing about Detroit that I experienced at least was I think we went to like four different conys.
Speaker 1: Uh what Conea is not overrated? You just know one of the.
Speaker 2: Right stuff, that's what everybody. I mean. I was just like this is like, you know, if I'm high and it's four in the morning and there's nothing else open type of food.
Speaker 1: If it's nothing else open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I don't know, I have cheese. Well, we had a chilich At one place. We had an omelet, which was a bad move. I think I had a davin Omelet chicken wing somewhere.
Speaker 1: Did Okay, what did y'all go to here in California? Because I think that's just like.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we're I'm all about Mexican food here. I'm going to taco trucks. The Corney Islands were cool, but like I think the best one I went to is uh, there was one near wherever, the one that saw the baby took us too, and we had like cheesecake and a sandwich. But we went to one called Mickey D's by it what's the strip club called Truth? Okay, Yeah, that ship was terrible, respectfully, Maybe I need to try a different one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to go to al Georgia's.
Speaker 2: The best food I had by the way food court, MGM Grand, the whole court. There was a Chinese spot that was smacking in the food court at the MGM M.
Speaker 1: You know what, You've got different takes.
Speaker 2: I will say this about.
Speaker 1: I gotta say that because, huh.
Speaker 2: You know what, I've been to Atlanta, I've been to Detroit, and you always hear that like Atlanta is like the capital of like beautiful black women. I say, no, it's Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't agree with that.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like everybody in Detroit is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Black women.
Speaker 1: I think Detroit do have the most black beautiful women. It's crazy straight black, not mixed. I think I believe that. Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 2: It's a fact.
Speaker 1: Based on my limit natural beautiful black ones. Yeah, based on my limited Okay, so you got some taste. Okay, So you got taste of women, but not in food. And that's fine. Okay, And that's fine, you know, good balance.
Speaker 2: You can't have everything.
Speaker 1: No, you can't have everything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So do you have a favorite Fago flavor? Do you know about I think I think we'd red.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's many reds though, is there like a specific.
Speaker 1: Like, no, it's only one.
Speaker 2: The one I had that was really good was like there was like a bomb pop one that was fire. It was like almost white. It was like white soda but it tastes. And then about this, and then there was a blue one. Grape is good, yeah, I mean grapes grape.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the my favorite you.
Speaker 2: Getting into your acting bag is dope to see now that uh Big Beach is out with BMF First of all, he I don't know what kind of bags he's gonna get when he's off house arrests and he's able to move around. Yeah, he's either he needs to do a podcast, the club, hosting everything as far as like making money legally, of course, but there's bags for him, like he got a he plenty of legal.
Speaker 1: Bag because you know what, you see so many keen pins that they passed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never really get to kind of like never he is here and free.
Speaker 1: Like he's free, and I just feel like we need to embrace that and enjoy this moment because we don't get to do that for sure. I'm saying they always go do time and they don't get out.
Speaker 2: Or they don't hear from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't hear from him. He's like d one all times.
Speaker 2: What was it like working on that show? And just like like was fifty cent around when you guys are filming.
Speaker 1: H one time and I only he only needed to be there one time because I was nervous as ship in front of him. I kept sucking up because he was there, like one time he was on there with in front of me, and I was like no, hell no, because I was too nervous.
Speaker 2: So what because was this your first time acting?
Speaker 1: No, it was my first big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were doing movies before. I mean you've acted in your videos. Like I remember there was one video you did where you were kind of playing like the girl from My Belly a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah everybody, Yeah twenty seventeen. Yeah I did that. Yeah, I do. I acts naturally, you know what I'm saying. So that's why it wasn't so hard. But it was like it was big. It was a big deal, so I wanted to give him my all in. You know. I gave what I gave. Hopefully everybody enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: But has that resulted in, like you trying to like pursue it more on like a yes, definitely, Like do you do auditions and all that good shit?
Speaker 1: I'm going to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you gotta come to LA for like six months.
Speaker 1: And just grind, just grind it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Once the album comes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah then you then I can kind of just focus on that. But then I gotta go on tour.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, what's up with the tour?
Speaker 1: The tour starts in December, ends in February.
Speaker 2: Who you're hitting the road with I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the headliner, so you haven't picked up. I haven't picked it yet. I'm going to though, what is up with Day's Loaf. She's back outside, but we got a song that's out right now and it's fire.
Speaker 2: It's like everyone's like hit her like she's like a pioneer, low key, like.
Speaker 1: Like hi key, hi, hi key, she's a pioneer. But she's back, she's back, she's back. She just dropped the album and we have a song on there that's going crazy right now, right now. I loved age Yeah's you have a very unique sound and everybody tried.
Speaker 2: It for sure. Talk about the new album that's coming. Who do you have any project? You know what?
Speaker 1: I don't have that many features as I did my first album. I kind of just viobbed out and everybody couldn't vibe on my records with me.
Speaker 2: Who made it? Who made it past the finish line? Tink shout out to Tink. She's on the new song.
Speaker 1: Okay, Young Blue Tracy, Okay.
Speaker 2: Tracy, like your man, Tracy. I don't know what's going on with that situation. My kids father, your kid's father, he's on the album. Yes, he's on, so things are at least good enough to where he's on the air.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take him off of the album. You know, me and me and that we have kids together, and that's gonna always is.
Speaker 2: The co parenting relationship fire. Is it like cordial?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're cordial. Yeah. Good, We're good. We're in a good space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was like, I always look at like the way Wiz and Amber Ros have co parented over all these years, and I'm like, that is kind of like the example.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, they don't really have any issues. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is the key to, like, you know, having a peaceful split and co parenting for the sake of the kids if you want you have two kids.
Speaker 1: It's not fucking and not disrespecting each other, you know, like you gotta stop fucking.
Speaker 2: Set up the boundaries, stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's respect. Like, I'm not going to say anything bad about him, whether I feel it or not.
Speaker 2: Don't go to the internet.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go to the internet and just bash him. You know what I'm saying. I'm not in the longest, he don't do that to me. We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. Good yeaheah. I mean, I feel like in like twenty twenty four, that is very rare where yeah, you know when you see people's drama always play out for the world and it's like some shit hain't.
Speaker 1: Not for the world, like that need to go on in the house. It can go down in the house, in the house, and the house is we're breaking ship. Well you don't you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: But you know, like you don't want your kids to grow up and like dig do a YouTube, dig and be like, oh my mom and my dad were each other out on the internet twenty years ago exactly. The internet is there, and the internet.
Speaker 1: Even with our situation the way that it happened, they made everything something bigger than what it was. But it's still it is. Still couldn't because we didn't grow across that line. So we didn't, you know, we just you just hear we broke up and that just interesting, is what it is. He that's it.
Speaker 2: That's dope, you know, so so t Grizzly, Tracy Tink, Young Blue, those are the features. Do we forget anybody?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that, Oh yeah, I have a couple of people on my song love Myself and I do have someone on this song right, like the title myself. Oh yes, I love that. It's a self care song. Let me for everything, because in this world we live in, you know, like it's just not I love myself, hold on, let me see it's like, by the way, get that self care.
Speaker 2: You are a crazy person. Why are you because you're holding that iPhone and there's no case on it. Oh yeah, I live you live life on the edge.
Speaker 1: Life on the edge. Baby. Well, I can't figure it any out, but I just hung out with her. What's the name you remember the girl that did this on Love Myself, the song Chantel chantail May. Yeah, shout out to her. She did it. I wasn't around, but I love it.
Speaker 2: Yo. I'm wondering since you're from uh Detroit. Trump was in Detroit, and a lot of people were making this like big deal that, like he wasn't in the trenches. But then other people were saying, like what, how bad was the area Trump was hanging out in?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't even know that much about that. I seen it take a picture with.
Speaker 2: Everybody was taking pictures with him, peas he was with him. I swear Bezl was with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they before. I don't know, I don't know what. I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I was like, did they take him to a Coney Island?
Speaker 1: I don't They probably did. I don't know. I wasn't there, but I'm sure. I'm sure they If they say that he was in the church, he was in the treacher, they ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: But that's crazy, shout out to him. Crazy to be crazy.
Speaker 2: You know, there was always like a I would say, like with the newer generation of Detroit artists, kind of like a constant, like you know, maybe critique of Eminem, maybe not necessarily like paying attention to the newer artist in Detroit. It feels like recently M's came around. He's obviously he had baby trolling on the new album.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: That has em ever tapped in with your movement or had Did you ever have any conversations with him? No?
Speaker 1: I haven't met him yet. I want to, and I'm not even mad that he haven't tapped in.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's something about men and women within this era, like it's like, you know, but I think we're gonna have our time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I also feel like people forget. He's like, you know, one of the most famous people alive for real, and he's like I heard, he's very just like in the cut, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, man, But I did a concert with fifty when he came to Detroit, and I've seen him come out on stage. I'm like, I'm so mad. I'm not backstage no more. But it would have took so much for me to go back there and figure it out. So I was just like that time is going to happen. But I love him. I have nothing bad to say, you know, Like em is m and he made his mark. He did what he needed to do. He one of the ones that put Detroit on the map. Think of eight mile, you think of Eminem Detroit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went to his old trailer park. Yeah the trailer was gone. Oh but we found that we were at the spot it used to be at. It was just an empty plot of land. Very uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have nothing bad to say. I haven't met him, he haven't tapped in, but that's cool. You know, he's not obligated to he's obligated to tap into who he likes.
Speaker 2: You know, I realized going to his trailer park that like the difference between like white trash Detroit and like the other side of the tracks Detroit is it's very like they're like right there for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you're talking about like from one side of the eight mile to Yeah, yeah, it is a difference. And then it comes from Detroit to Southfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's crazy. Who. Well, I was gonna say for you, like, who are some of your favorite like young artists just in general that you're just a fan of that you might want to work with. Yeah, it doesn't have to be from Detroit. But Baby Trann's amazing. Yes, oh you said in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot, like a lot of people is really dope to me, Lakia, she's hard. Yeah, I say, baby's trying already.
Speaker 2: Who listening to Baby Tran's like a child.
Speaker 1: He is a baby.
Speaker 2: I hung out with him and him and the shitty boys, and I just felt like I was their dad. I was like, it's because I got to this so much. I was like, yeah, I'm hanging out with my having a sixteen years I was like, I'm just hanging out with my kid and his friends, Like these are children.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, he's a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a baby.
Speaker 1: But it's a few people I like to work with. I can't think off the hand, but it's a lot of people that I would like to work with.
Speaker 2: For you, once you get this project out, what's next for you? Are you like already like planning obviously the tour is gonna happen, are you kind of?
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to be recording on the next project, and I'm going to do some more movies and you know, kind of spend time with my kids.
Speaker 2: Any Toob movies you know what, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm not I don't look there, don't I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: I want to do a Toob movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard Tooby is lit.
Speaker 2: I mean the movies are great. Yeah, they're great because you could shoot them on an iPhone. You don't really got to act. You know, they're great. You know what.
Speaker 1: It's some good ones on there though.
Speaker 2: So my two b idea. Do you remember the movie The Ring? Yeah, where the like the girl would climb out of the team. Yeah, there's a only fans version of The Ring where guys subscribe to this only fans that can out and when they go on the on the page of the girl she climbs to the screen and kills the guys while they're jerking off.
Speaker 1: Why they're jerking off? What the fuck, calv what are you talking about? Oh?
Speaker 2: That is a to be classic. And there's like, what's the name of it, I don't know yet, the cockering.
Speaker 1: It's my time to go, It is my time.
Speaker 2: Think about it. There's like this epidemic of all these dudes just like being murdered in these rooms in front of their computers, and nobody can figure it out. Until they figure it out, there's like this ghost broad who's got OnlyFans and like she's like murdering.
Speaker 1: Everybody and she's coming off the screen.
Speaker 2: To be classic. Sure, the cockering, I mean that was just off the top of I'm sure we could do something better. But yeah, I think I think we go viral on Twitter for shreby God.
Speaker 1: It's a porn.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a porn at all. It's not a porn. It's not a porn, it's a it's a regular movie. It's a little edgy, it's R rated obviously, but I think it'd go. I think we'd go viral on Twitter. We get like the acting would be horrible, it'd be great.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be great auto be movies acting not that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I haven't seen anywhere it's that good though. Yeah. Maybe I'm just seeing the wrong ones. You probably, Yeah, Yeah, what's your favorite talking on the new album?
Speaker 1: I don't have one.
Speaker 2: You don't have one yet?
Speaker 1: No, I can't. I have songs about both of my kids. I have some song about loving myself, self self care. I have songs about don't get too comfortable. I have a love song, I have a It's like I have a variety of music that hits different therapy. Yeah, Like I have music where I'm just in there cleaning up in my house. Is music where I feel all good, let my hair down, we'll hit my hair, blow and wind. So it's just different vibes. It's just different vibes.
Speaker 2: What are things you do for self care when you're not making music? Like? Are you going to the spa? Are you going to meditate? Like? What do you what's your self care routine?
Speaker 1: My self relaxed? Like you know, oh, I like to look ugly, but self care for me, I like to look ugly. I like to not be done up, not be done up. I don't want no weave. I don't. I have wig raids in Okay.
Speaker 2: No makeup, no makeup, no.
Speaker 1: Nothing. I did my skincare routine and I take my vitamins. I be around the house with jogging suits on, big clothes, and I like to relax and be with my kids. I like to moisturize my hair rope.
Speaker 2: What are you watching on the TV.
Speaker 1: I don't really watch TV, but if I am, I'm watching air panes with my son. They call them air panes. Airplanes.
Speaker 2: You're not into You're not into like any series.
Speaker 1: That are on right now?
Speaker 2: Watch TV. My lesson is me, you just watch BMF.
Speaker 1: If I watch TV, you know I watched me. If somebody you know tell me you should watch this, then I'll do that. But other than that, not like.
Speaker 2: Love is Blind or any of that ship that's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Love is Blind, it's.
Speaker 2: Like a reality shows.
Speaker 1: Oh it's good, people love it really see. I don't be on that. I don't watch TV. My mental is be like trying to figure out something else to do for me. I respect like that's take up a lot of time when you just watching TV. But I do watch airplanes and Hella talk to us.
Speaker 2: That's the kids ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son. He likes to see hello, tat us.
Speaker 2: They're like, uh, airplanes with eyes that talk to each other.
Speaker 1: No, what it is he do? Really, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: When you say that, I'm thinking cars, but with airplanes.
Speaker 1: No, he loves cars, airplanes, any type of transfer, trains, buses. He'd be like, Pane, how does tak to fire? Chain like? And he want to watch it. He'll tell you, mummy, mummy, Pane like put the airplane on? Yeah, and now I gotta watch these fucking airplanes. That's hilarious and then I already hate getting on them. When is the album coming out? Fifteenth?
Speaker 2: Pre orders up yet?
Speaker 1: Yes, pre orders is up right now because I just dropped the single with Tink.
Speaker 2: Yes, shout out to Tink. It's produced by hit Maker too.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it was by hip Maker.
Speaker 2: Were you guys in the studio together when that happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just told them the idea I wanted to do one time. I was just right and listened to Coffee Comfortable with Little Wayne and Babyface, and I was like, I want to do a girl version of this, and I told Tink and.
Speaker 2: They cooked it up. It's funny because like hit Maker has like he just has these like pre made like a lot of times, not with this one obviously, because you've gave them the idea, but like he'll just send you the song and it's like a hit already and you're like, oh, just got to record my verses and he's it was like a hit factory for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit maker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to him, Shout out to Tink. The new single is Dope Comfy. And then the album is coming out November fifteen. There it is. Tour starts when do you know yet?
Speaker 1: December?
Speaker 2: The tour is in December.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will announce that when I dropped my album.
Speaker 2: There it is how do you know how many cities? Not yet?
Speaker 1: Not yet because it's still figured it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is, well, cash Off, thank you for coming in, hanging out.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course, there it is