Speaker 1: Smell us Now, lady, Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia mea podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Radio Live. We're coming to you from med Eater hqan Bozeman, Montana. We're not live today. What yeah, No, this is for June eighteenth, nineteenth nineteenth. This is June nineteenth. If you're listening to me now, it's federal holiday Juneteenth, and we are recognizing that here by not being here. So this is a pre recorded episode and on today's episode, we've got a great one for you. We're here to answer your questions from how to handle conversations with poachers? Are we two unique ways to prepare bear meat? This entire show is Q and A and it is June nineteenth today, So we are in the thick of things. Summer speaking, boys, have any fun summer plans?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I.
Speaker 2: Stumbled through that intro. I don't think this is off to a good start.
Speaker 3: I think you did great.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wrote this script. But you crushed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pound some more of that beer. Lub it up, Randall, mubercate the wheels. Uh, what are you doing, Corey Man? Camping?
Speaker 4: Been doing some camping. It's been a hot summer already. I feel like winter kind of really. Yeah, it feels like all of a sudden, it's just been.
Speaker 1: Hot, like it feels like it's July out.
Speaker 3: And it's not.
Speaker 2: It's June nineteenth, yes, but it's actually is June ninth, June.
Speaker 4: Ninth that we're recording this, and it's just it's just hotter than it needs to be.
Speaker 1: Already was out taken.
Speaker 4: It was up near our state capital over the weekend and it was really smoky. I think it's fires coming down to Canada, but it's like it's just coming on a little too early. I feel like spring held on pretty well, but then it's like we need some snow still.
Speaker 2: The smoke rolled in and dramatically.
Speaker 4: Waters in western Montana are drying up, the rivers are drying up.
Speaker 3: Reservoirs are not going to fill up this year.
Speaker 1: It's not looking good.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me you're not going to fish much this summer.
Speaker 4: I'm going to fish now, and comes summer, I'm going to be shooting rocks from a slingshot at carp or something else, not catching trout, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe going to the reservoirs and practicing your spear fishing on some carp in the water bow fishing. Maybe that'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get your Montana trout fishing now, because it feels like it's going to be a hoot owl later.
Speaker 1: What does hoodowl mean, Corey.
Speaker 4: Well, that's just the term that they've coined when rivers a little too warm, if it's above seventy two degrees for a few days in a row, they'll shut the fishing down, mostly in the afternoons.
Speaker 3: Usually it's around two PM.
Speaker 4: Or whenever the water gets hot. But really you just need to have a thermometer in the water and use your head. If it gets honestly towards seventy you should put your fly fishing gear or any of your fishing gear down and go do something else.
Speaker 3: Get up a little earlier and fish early.
Speaker 1: In the mornings.
Speaker 3: But we will see that here sooner than later, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: So you shouldn't need a fish on owl hours, right. I don't understand they're only protecting a bunch of non natives. I can understand if they're killing a bunch of cutthroats, but there's, yeah, a bunch of rainbows and browns in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what point in evolution is something native and not and non native. Still, like if a rainbow is born in a river, obviously it's not from that area. But at what point, like does it take thousands of years, hundreds of thousands of years? At what point is an animal native to landscape?
Speaker 1: You can ask that same Ques question about humans. Yeah, we were just up in Manitoba, you know, on that bear hunt and different parts of that country Canada, not Manitoba the province. But you know, they depending on which province you're in, they really respect They call them the first nations, right, which we don't really use that term down here. I started thinking a lot about that. I'm like, well, they were first, but who was before them?
Speaker 2: And no one?
Speaker 5: Maybe no one?
Speaker 1: Do we know.
Speaker 3: All the evidence maybe is buried under the sand.
Speaker 1: Like does their history go back that far where they're like, oh no, like my ancestors came across the Lambridge or my ancestors came down the coast and then migrated.
Speaker 2: I mean I think so there's really no other way they you could have ended up indigenous without having some lineage that goes back to that, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I just don't think we know all the details yet, do you you do way more reading about this than I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I we're getting into we're getting in some pretty heady territory.
Speaker 1: Here goes oh we are. This is not where you want to go with this.
Speaker 2: No, no, I.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to just be talking about what we're doing this.
Speaker 6: What's the meaning of life?
Speaker 2: You're honest.
Speaker 1: I heard you're running a race this summer. Speaking of being hot this summer. I ran a race a couple of days ago last week. If you're listening to this, on June nineteenth in Poketeo, Idaho called the Scout Mountain Ultra ran the fifty miles distance, which actually in Scout Mountain is at Scout Mountains fifty five. For the first time ever, I used a handkerchief that or a bandana that was sewn shut and it almost it had like a sleeve on the long edge and the ends were open like where you would tie it went around your neck and you stuff ice in there and then you tie around your neck. Game changer.
Speaker 2: And so you did do this this past weekend. It's not coming up next weekend.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I Already level of detail convinced.
Speaker 1: Me, yes, yeah, game changer. And obviously it started with just a regular bandana. Somebody decided to put some ice in a bandana, and they've evolved. But I bet I would have run at least thirty minutes, maybe sixty minutes longer, and been way more affected by the heat had I not had this ice bandana.
Speaker 3: You were able to find some ice to fill it up throughout the race.
Speaker 1: So yeah, most of these ultras, I would say all of them honestly have eight stations, and they're The longest distance that we went between eight stations was just over ten miles. But most of the time they try to set them at like five to seven. Five sometimes can seem short because you're barely getting through what you've replenished before you need more. Ten felt a little bit long, especially Saturday, because I was like, I drained all my liquids and everything. But anyways, they know it's going to be hot. They had ice at every single aid station, lots of different like energy and chloric drinks, like the you know, Gatorade type stuff, tailwind Goo type stuff. But then also they'll just have little cups of coke gingeril.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't understand why I'm always I would rather drink flat coke because then I don't have the carbonation bouncing in my belly. But nobody at this race was They were like, oh, we thought you'd like carbonation because it settles your stomach, you know how like when you're a kid and you sat your mom gets a little seven up ginger trail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, saltine crackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah. So I ran the fifty five in preparation for the Crazy Mountain one hundred, which is at the end of July.
Speaker 2: That'll be hot.
Speaker 1: It could be could be cold too, whether in the crazies at the end of July, never know, don't know.
Speaker 2: July fourth last year were up there and getting snowed on. You were up there, see what a little hike.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: Odds are it'll be warm on the warmer side of things than colder, but you never know. I'll be prepared for that. If it's colder, it'll be much easier running. What else I want to tell you about my recent race.
Speaker 2: I see you here. Two emergency poops, Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, But it was a bad way to start the race. Within the first ten miles, I had two of those. But between those two emergency poops, I had three falls and at forty seven years of age, my falls are not getting any easier. I used to kind of like skid, roll flip and just like be right back on my feet and trudge all going like oh what was that, you know, and kind of take a couple of deep breasts, make sure the ribs and lungs were okay. Now I like skid and pretty much come to a slt on the ground and then lift my face off the dirt and I'm like, oh, and then I you know, slowly like a big buck getting up out of his bed, you know, get up and stretch and you know, then check and make sure everything's still working, and then proceed down the trail. I don't know if it was I was wearing some new shoes. I didn't have too many miles in yet. The trail was like mountain bike single track, so it had a little bit of that like v to it got a belly, yeah, and I had like like that groove, you know what I'm talking about. And I don't know if that was getting to me because I talked to some other folks that actually fell in that same section too. But yeah, I've made it most of my life not needing to poop while I'm running, and those days are behind me.
Speaker 2: Are all poops while you're running, emergency poops.
Speaker 1: I think if I would have been able to, I knew I had an AID station coming up, and I'm kind of watching all my watch. I know what mileage it's at, I know how many miles I have to go, And if I could just make it to the aid station, and even if I was, you know, sprinting in there to go have a bowet movement, I would say, Oh, it wasn't really an emergency. I had to poop. Yeah, but these these are like, oh, no, you're getting off the trail now and you're gonna poop. Talking to more ultra marathon runners, they're like, oh, if you don't have some of those along with losing some toenails, fighting some nausea, you didn't really experience an ultra marathon, Well, I would guess, like one hundred miles.
Speaker 3: How long is that going to take you?
Speaker 1: The goal is to do it under thirty miles thirty sorry, thirty hours. Yeah, that's a few poops yo for sure. Well, depending because I think if you're.
Speaker 2: Traveling, well, sometimes you can go two days.
Speaker 4: I have that curse where when I start a new hunt. I don't poop for three or four days.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 2: Phil, What about you start a new video game? Are things moving correctly or Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I keep a bucket behind the couch just.
Speaker 1: There you go. Oh yeah, yeah, boy.
Speaker 2: That's the hell of a hobby. Yeah real, picked a doozy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, picked a doozy. But it's you know, we we went to bed having this conversation, like why are we doing this? Like in our group, someone said, yeah, my literally, my my bunghole is like warn raw and fucking on fire. Sorry for the F bomb, And uh, that's no fun. Like we're talking about between the three of us, how many toenails we're gonna lose. Everybody's hobbling around, looks like you can barely walk. And why why have we chosen this? Because I used to run just to be in shape for elk clunting, yeah right, just to be able to chase the bowl up the mountain. And now it's become a little bit more of a love for the run itself. But and so we went to bed with questions and I woke up and I said, you know, it's because, uh it makes you feel alive. I think that's a that's there's no simpler answer than that.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you guys have any other questions, I can tell you about my toenails. I can tell you about how.
Speaker 2: To lose some. I almost lost a tonail during hunting season. I put a toe warmer in my boot and then it flipped around and got on top of my toe. But I didn't want to take it out. Time out.
Speaker 3: It was under your feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what they go on top of your foot?
Speaker 1: No, they don't know.
Speaker 3: Good, Yeah, top of your toes. Try it.
Speaker 2: You're walking around with it.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know that what you're saying works, but the directions I never read.
Speaker 3: The direction was the opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you certainly feel the heat touching you.
Speaker 5: This is new.
Speaker 2: I got this bad boy wrapped up around my big toe and uh ouch, that toenail is still filled up with blood.
Speaker 1: Let's ask the let's ask the live chat. Do you guys go toe warmers on top or underneath your toes?
Speaker 3: Let's ask cal.
Speaker 1: We'll wait for you guys to get back Phil.
Speaker 2: What do we have?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's a fifty to fifty split crazy. Let's settle nothing. I'm sorry on.
Speaker 3: It's eleven fifteen on a Monday.
Speaker 1: So it got in there. You still just hiked your tail off and that little tonail pounded against that toe warmer and that was the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, by the end of the day, I was limping pretty good, but I just never wanted to take my boot off. It was real cold.
Speaker 1: Then do you lost it completely?
Speaker 2: No? No, it just sort of died and I've kind of trimmed it back to the quick never lifted off, never lifted off, but it was no longer attached. It was just kind of floating. So yeah, it's been a weird one. It's still pretty ugly at this point. So I'm wearing socks with crocs today. Hey, so you can't get a peak fashion statement.
Speaker 1: You know what my kids say these days, you're a dork if you go the opposite, which is what I do. I don't like wearing socks with my crocs, but the kids are like, no, that's the only way to wear crocs at So you're in, You're good.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Do you think by looking at my toes you could tell me if I'm gonna lose the toenail or not.
Speaker 3: Oh, break them out.
Speaker 2: Now, I'd have to get in there and wigle them like a tooth.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not loose yet by any means. They just there's just a coloration to them. It's different from my other toenails, and I think I still might be able to keep them. But everybody looks at them as like, no, they're gone, You're done. Is this your big toe? It was both my big toes, and then two of the little ones on their right foot. They're both looking at purply. What I'm hoping is that if I'm gonna lose them, I'm gonna lose them before I have to run a hundred miles. Because if I just don't have toenails there, life will be easy peasy. But if I have like loose, messed up, partially attached, painful toenails, could.
Speaker 2: Suck put a little dental floss on him and tied it to a door knob.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did I tell you guys about the fellow that I line hunted with one day. He's a buddy of Pete's.
Speaker 2: Actually, you have his tonails removed ed?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Has it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Toails removed for the sole purpose of sheep hunting.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, had him removed completely?
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he thought he was a tough guy, and the doctors like, uh, yeah, we can like maybe do like two because he was just gonna go in and be like take him, take ten please, let's get this done. And the doc's like, now, we'll do too, and we'll see how it goes. And afterwards he's like, oh, thank god, because yeah, I guess when you get your toenails removed, it's not fun.
Speaker 2: But then he went back there five more times. Yeah, huh, yeah, it's hardcore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he's into it, love it all right, Well, let's move on from my running. I'll let you boys know how it goes when I'm done with one hundred Randa.
Speaker 3: What do you got going on this summer?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 2: Are we doing? Yeah? I guess. Well it's now June nineteenth, coming up shortly here. I'm heading across the pond for a little tour of beer and brought fursts. Oh lovely Deutschland, Deutschland ostrak. Ah, that's Austria, and I'm just gonna drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of pretzels and do a lot of sampling of local tube meats. That sounds a little bit of walking Hey, it's a tenth anniversary trip.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good. Call is not far away. You could take probably get one hundred dollars flight. Then call me when you're over there.
Speaker 2: Are you going to be there?
Speaker 1: I won't be, but you know, just calling call me back here and say, hey, I made it. If you were going to.
Speaker 2: Be there, I'd extend my trip and make it up there so you could look for some dog raccoons or whatever they are.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can make that happen, buddy. I could make a little raccoon dog trip happen for you. Well, that's awesome. That sounds like a grip.
Speaker 2: And then we're coming back and sort of immediately recording the next Media or American History audiobook, which is no small source of anxiety. It's gonna be great, but there's a lot of work to do. And then in August, you know, it just depends on how smoky everything is. I'm going to an event in Ikalaca, the Dino shin Dig that looks at the Carter County Museum. We're going to go out and dig some dinosaur bones, listen to some dinosaur research. So yeah, pretty big summer ahead of me, guys, Pretty big summer.
Speaker 1: Is Spencer New York going with you to the Dino Shin?
Speaker 2: No, he's not. Tickets are limited so and and to go out on the field expedition is couple hundred bucks. So I didn't buy Spencer ticket. Long story short, but yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: But you think he'd love that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he wants to go, but you know, he's more of just a.
Speaker 1: Solid rock guy.
Speaker 3: I think when is this It's like July.
Speaker 2: It's late July.
Speaker 1: I Glaca gets hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I think it's going to be very hot.
Speaker 1: Phil. What about you?
Speaker 6: Oh, thanks for asking, Corey. I don't have a whole lot going on going to the Black Hills with the family. It's our our short, little, short, little family vac this year.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: That's pretty much all I've got planned.
Speaker 3: You know, go see Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 6: We are The kids are excited. Yeah, yeah, they're they're they're stoke. So yeah, it'll be a it'll be a fun time.
Speaker 1: How did you get them fired up on Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 6: They just like the idea of Mount Rushmore. I'm sure they'll be completely deflated once we actually get there and they see how far away it is and how far we had to drive to get there, but for the time being, they're stoked, and that's I'm just gonna hold on to that as long as I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about swinging by Devil's Tower, which is kind of out of the way, but.
Speaker 6: I have them thinking about it.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, yeah, cam right underneath it.
Speaker 1: And then there's uh Teddy Roosevelt National Park too.
Speaker 3: Maybe in north Yeah, there's the bad Lands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Badlands National Park is all right, and just the Black Hills State Park is worth the drive. They have a wild ass highway that goes round and round and it kind of frames you go through these tunnels built into the rock that frames Mount Rushmore quite nicely. Yeah, it's very thoughtfully done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're actually gonna be staying in the in the bad Lands, so lovely.
Speaker 1: Deadwood is the trip to stop too.
Speaker 6: Oh you don't have to tell me. I've already got plants.
Speaker 2: It's a poker, Phil, what's the chat saying?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's crazy. Even though we're pre recording this episodere is here. I don't know how we found out. Hell yeah, shouts greetings. Thanks for the show. You guys are awesome. Mogor, thanks for be in here. It's always go to.
Speaker 2: Hear nineteenth and Hungary. Should we move on to some questions?
Speaker 1: Well, god, let's do it. Well, that are comments. I don't know which one you want to do first? Or we can split. We can do a little bit of one and then bounce back and forth.
Speaker 2: We can bounce back and forth a little bit now here. Let's begin with this question from Michael m. Michael em writes, I've recently been gifted two shotguns by my father in law, who is handicapped and can no longer hunt. Inspired by this gesture and eager to connect with nature, I am determined to embark on my hunting journey. However, as a newcomer, I find the most daunting challenge is locating accessible land to hunt on. I would greatly appreciate any advice or resources you could share on how to find hunting land in general. Additionally, if there are any local programs, public lands, or community initiatives that facilitate land access for new hunters, I would be eager to learn more.
Speaker 1: Great question, who wants to start here? Be honest, Well, it's almost as if this question was sent in under a pseudonym.
Speaker 2: No, this is a genuine email.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm asking if pseudonym is the right term. I'm using like a fake name.
Speaker 2: But that is that is the real name.
Speaker 1: I know if my vocabulary is correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pseudonym is.
Speaker 1: A thank you. Yeah, as if someone from on x.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I see I see.
Speaker 1: Under a pseudonym of Michael.
Speaker 2: M I thought you're accusing Corey of making up this question like.
Speaker 1: Some of the other ones. No, get out of here, but Michael, it's very easy. Get yourself a smartphone, download yourself some ONYX, find yourself on that map, and then turn on the layer of public lands and it will literally light up on your map of all the available public lands. And then usually you can click on said lands and find out more information about it and maybe even what you can can't hunt there, and then there's usually links to hunting regulations and so on and so forth. That would be my one piece of advice. I don't know about any initiatives that facilitate land access for new hunters, but I would say that you could go to Sharing the Land that our buddy Doug Duran runs and see if they might have some stuff going on, which is basically a cooperative where they find willing landowners that want to give some access. They set them up with people like you that are looking to hunt and willing to do a little bit of work to get access to that land. And it's a great program. So there's stuff like that out there. If that still doesn't work, send some letters, go door knocking.
Speaker 2: I would add to that, get involved in like your local BHA chapter. Talk to make some friends who are in the same boat. And then also reach out to your local or your state Fish and Game office because those most of those agencies have access programs, whether it's like you know, the public lands that they manage directly or private lands that they help administer public access too, and oftentimes they have like staffers who are specifically working on access issues. So it's their job and that's what they want to do, is connect people with places to hunt. So don't be afraid to reach out to Fish and Game and see what they have going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was also thinking, you have a local sporting good store, go check out the bulletin board down there and see if there's any group get together is or some sort of event that you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fundraisers, things like that ye.
Speaker 4: Try mingling any local banquets unlimited.
Speaker 2: I know, at least in some states there are organizations where you can go do boots on the ground conservation work, like outside of BHA. You know, there's like organizations that are doing local projects. If you have like a you know, like a local sportsman's group that's helping pull fans or whatever else, go get involved in that stuff. And people are more likely to extend an invite to you if they see that you're invested in it and out there in the world doing good work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a very good chance that the work you'll be doing will be on land that you can go hunt. Yeah, all right, if we knew what state Michael m was in. But oh well, let's go on to how do you pronounce this next one?
Speaker 2: Randall uh jabron t h. I think this is a pseudonym for Corey Jabron Jabron Jabron writes, I'll be hunting Archie, Elk and Idaho the first time this fall. What should I be doing to prepare as an ELK caller in the off season? And to answer this question, here's mister Jason Phelps. One of the most.
Speaker 9: Asked questions we get this time of the years. What should I be doing as a caller in the off season to improve my chances for success come September. My short answer is always you just need to have the confidence to be able to call in September. One of those biggest hurdles is you're out there, you're interacting with elk, you're on the elk, and you're just afraid to call. Yeah, there are a lot of situations where maybe calling is not the best answer, the best solution to to find success. But there are a lot of situations we're calling will bring that bowl into the archery range and be the thing that does matter. So how do you build that confidence?
Speaker 2: It's practicing right now in the off season.
Speaker 9: Now, I'm not going to get into like making perfect cal cals. How you make those?
Speaker 7: That's difficult.
Speaker 9: We got YouTube videos for that, you know, go search those up. But I relate this a lot to playing basketball. The game is where you get to show off how good you are. Practice is what makes you and builds how good you are. It's the same thing with archero cutting and calling. We don't get enough reps out in the field during September to become good. You need to do that in the off season, you need to have enough practice that you're confident when you go to blow a call, you know exactly how that call is going to react. You know exactly how to repeat the call that you want. You know how to make this sound a calmew and estris, wine, a challenge, bugle, lit ball, whatever it may be. You've did enough practice that you're muscle memory you can go out and make that call.
Speaker 2: So how do you do that?
Speaker 9: Like ideally we recommend off season everybody goes back to a diaphragm and too combo. Try to get that diaphragm to work if possible. It allows you to be hands free as an archer is a muzzloader hunter, so that you have control over your weapon.
Speaker 6: Why you're making calls.
Speaker 9: If that doesn't work, you know you got gag reflex or for some reason you just can't get the hang of it. We have designed some calls like the easy Estris Easy one, Easy Sucker on the cow call side to kind of cut that learning curve down. We've also designed the Easy Bigler on the Bigle tube side, which attaches to a lot of our new Beegle tube to just make that process easier and hopefully build your confidence. But whatever it is offseason, find something that builds confidence for you so that when it comes time to the big show in September, you're willing to make a call when needed to help your chances to bring that ball into range.
Speaker 4: Well said, Oh gets me excited, like that guy thinks about calling a lot or something.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I don't really have much to add to that. Yeah, before we move on to our next question, I'm going to add it.
Speaker 1: Can I add something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Please? Please?
Speaker 1: Why is that funny?
Speaker 2: No, we're just out of sync today. It's you know, it's being Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh you think that's what it is. I think that's the pressure.
Speaker 6: Of being live. You know. It provides a little bit more energy, you know. We Yeah, and I think the fact that we'd it's that it's it's three thirty on a Monday. Yeah, yeah, it could be, but we gotta we gotta rememberable. We've got an audience. They might be they might not be watching now, but they're out there.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, Please, I might I might be just a little bit low tee because I'm drained from Saturday.
Speaker 2: So sorry, audience, But do you have stuff to add to the calling thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: The best, the best podcast apologize for themselves halfway through.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I what I like to do. Don't look at me with those deer loss in the headlights.
Speaker 2: No, I just was looking at my face on the screen, and my face is really red. Looks good red. Look at my hand. Go ahead, please.
Speaker 1: Jason's talking about calling a lot, and I fall in this trap too. Is like I don't put enough repsent and I try to get plenty of summertime repsent with my calls. But I used to. I like to always practice. It's easy to have that call in your mouth for ten minutes and have already tried to have blown fifty calcohols and to then produce a good one. It's a much harder when your mouth is dry. You just put one in and you got to make one soft mew. So I always try to practice that. It's kind of like doing a cold barrel per shot, right, Like that's the one you're killing. The animal board challenge, the cold board challenge, right, same thing here, dry diaphragm challenge. Chuck it in there, do whatever you gotta do with your salia to get it ready, moist g in the right spot and see if you can just make that one perfect cow mew that'll give you that confidence he was talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about when you're physically prepping for elk hunting, when you're climbing a mountain with a rock pack on or whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to get into this next question here?
Speaker 4: Oh well no, not necessarily. Here's another way for you though. Another idea is, while you're shooting your bow, have a diaphragm in your mouth. Janni, how many times have you tried stopping an elk at full draw with it some sort of noise cow cal works really?
Speaker 1: Well? I have, but it is one I would probably just give them the old man look up here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's nice to have a diy in your mouth while you're.
Speaker 3: Shooting, so that try it. It's good practice. Try it all well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of preparation, and then after this maybe we could have hit a comment or two please. Speaking of preparation, our next question comes to us from Adam B. I want a doll sheep hunt at a local wild sheep fundraiser. Congrats, congrats, We're all happy for you. I've been doing a fair bit of hiking with a weighted pack, but where I live is flatter than a pancake? Do you have any pointers for me to help get in sheep shape before my August hunt?
Speaker 6: Sheep shape?
Speaker 1: This guy must live in Manitoba, where I just was. It's flat there, Buddy.
Speaker 2: Kansas to answer this question, here's rich froning.
Speaker 5: Question.
Speaker 10: Is I want a doll sheep hunt at a local wild sheep fundraiser. I've been doing a fair bit of hiking with a weighted pack. But where if it's flatter than a pancakes for me to help get in sheep shape before my August hunt?
Speaker 1: Yes, several things use that ruck.
Speaker 10: You can step up to a cooler, if you have a box, if you have a stadium nearby where you can get on some stairs. You can throw in some squats, you can throw in some lunges. You can do some type of intervals where maybe you run, run ruck, pop down, do some burpies with the thing. But the more you can move that weight in different ranges of motion. We like the squat, we like a lunge once again, stepping forward on a cooler, doing lateral stepovers on a cooler. There's all kinds of different movements. You can do, but you're gonna need to build up that leg strength and good luck in August.
Speaker 2: Nice wow, anything to add to that go out and run one hundred miles.
Speaker 5: That don't do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if it's a flat hunter, you're still going to be hurting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's really nothing that compares us to just stepping up on things.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right, man, being that you won this hunt once in a lifetime type thing, most likely, maybe plan on making a trip out to Colorado and go for a hike or two.
Speaker 3: Maybe a couple weeks before you're hunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. If he's not paying for anything, he should fly out to some high country and do some mega hiking. That's a great.
Speaker 4: Definitely try and get up to the elevation and yeah, put a pack on. I mean, you can work on a step on a cooler all day long, but nothing gets you trained in the mountains more than just being in the mountains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make sure you got some sheep feet trained up too.
Speaker 2: And it's nice because he knows when he's going sheep hunting, so he knows when he can stop working out. See the rest of us are all sort of like floating around here waiting for the sheep hunt. But he has a finish line in sight when he can just go back to being a total slob.
Speaker 3: After the hunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right, just let it all hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just suffer, suffer for a couple of Months' good question, you honest? Do you have any any comments here?
Speaker 7: These?
Speaker 2: This is our stand in for comments from the chat. It's a new new thing we're doing on not live media to Radio Live.
Speaker 1: We recently have done a new it's not a new series. We've we've added some episodes to this series, Mediator Experiences. We did what it takes to lose zero. We did one called the brush Gun. Have we released anything else yet?
Speaker 3: Two seventy seven Fury?
Speaker 1: All right, the seventy seven Fury. We're random basically told us about it to seventy seven Fury, and then we took that cartridge and shot a lot of a bunch of a bunch of different mediums in super slow motion, which was fun. But we didn't do it wrong. According to a lot of these comments here on YouTube, Eric AA five to one says, you all missed the point of a brush gun. It's to carry, walk and hunt in the brush. Not I think he missed the word shoot through brush, short light, easy to get on target, no glass thirty thirty forty five, seventy forty four, Mag three fifty seven. See a theme here, Southeast hunter. Here would so thick thirty yards is a long shot at time guns, at bowl range, hunting, clearcut, timber lots.
Speaker 2: So you did get it wrong.
Speaker 3: Great point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I think that we spoke to that in our brushgun video.
Speaker 2: There are multiple definitions.
Speaker 1: And that not only is it meant to be able to be the gun easily manipulated in brush country, but that the bullet has to be it has to perform well in the brush. I'm not going to tell you the outcome of our brush gun video. Go watch it.
Speaker 2: I've got one here that's sort of long, similar lines. It reads, shut up Randal Randall's getting a little more annoying every episode. Here's another one. Doctor Randall is insufferable. I mute it when he opens his mouth. Good thing. The questions were posted at the bottom of the screen. It's obviously he's trying to win the who can be most in love with him self contest that nobody has for And then one more here, it's find a good one here.
Speaker 3: Get a positive one?
Speaker 2: Eh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Or you know, he doesn't have to be positive as long as it's insaneful.
Speaker 2: Randall, What an idiot? Okay, yeah, Randall, classic me generation not getting what they deserve. There's another what an idiot? Doctor Randall should go back to questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand why they why they don't like you. Is it because you are the smartest guy in the room and they just gotta they just gotta try to take down.
Speaker 2: No, it's because I'm conceited. It's because I'm conceited. They hate you see right through me because they ain't you. They know what I'm thinking and what I think of myself.
Speaker 3: Well, don't read those comments.
Speaker 2: We got another question here. This one comes Phil. I got you with that transition. Got another question here. This is from a meat eater Trivia All Star Questions submitter Leland hart Hey. He says, I lead a local conservation group. I'm always talking up hunting and angling to people I meet. For some reason, this appears to make me a magnet for people telling me about how they've broken game loss. It's happened at least three times. Poachers apparently see my BHA and meet eater merchant. Think I'm going to tell this guy about unlicensed night hunting in a day hunting only state for game out of season, or let me tell you how I pulled a fast one by hunting against regulations and got away with it. How would the meat Eater team deal with confessions of wrongdoing told to you in earnest? And to answer this question, here's Chester Floyd.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, buddy, Chester Floyd here coming at you from Wiscon And I about another chettaquit for you. This week's chettaquit comes to us from Leland Hart. Leland writes, and what the hell is from going on with this? I have a chettiquet question? Can we stroud hunter, angler and outdoorsmans talk about giants?
Speaker 2: H Yeah?
Speaker 11: And I'm always talking up hunting and angling with the people I meet. For some reason, this appears to make me that's a magnet for people to tell me about how they've and.
Speaker 2: Now they're going to know and remember, now they're going to know that I read an abbreviated version of the question.
Speaker 11: Coachure is apparently.
Speaker 6: Everything's going fine.
Speaker 11: About unlicensed night hunting in a day hunting only state for game that's out of season, and I don't have a tag for anyways and quotes. Let me tell you how I pulled a fast one by hunting against regulations on a military base and got away with a trespassing such.
Speaker 6: Any real consequences, and so I get to be the standard.
Speaker 11: I tried to make this every educational moment. When it happens. At least one of the people was just ignorant of the law. The others seemed oddly proud of their misbehavior. I didn't hear anything actionable by law enforcement, just historical. I did this a while ago.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 11: Obviously, if I anticipated a crime, I would report it. But it is a weird spot to be in. How would the meat Eater team deal with confessions of wrongdoing told to you in earnest down and you goes redneck crowd pulo kinds of people good and sound, scept a couple of boys who were up to no good causing all.
Speaker 7: Kinds of trouble in the hood. Feeling your approachabule guys wild, the boys spear the poaching cries. Sitting here thinking on what you must do?
Speaker 12: How bad confessions told to you.
Speaker 7: Like guy pulled the fast one on the neighbor's plays, and I pulled fast one on the military base and.
Speaker 12: I pulled the fast one. I thought you should know when I pulled a fast one, call me no good.
Speaker 5: Cub excellent camera work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can feel the emotions.
Speaker 13: And it's story flies or he's telling white lies. You gotta boot him in.
Speaker 7: His please you say all those acts.
Speaker 13: If bone of fire facts, I'm gonna burn you down someday. Yeah, they're gonna burn you down someday. Oh yeah, they're gonna burn you down someday.
Speaker 5: Is he just memorized?
Speaker 6: I think, so this is insane.
Speaker 2: I know it's maybe it's written on the top of his guitar.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so big.
Speaker 13: You goes red neck crowd watching with all kinds of people in sound.
Speaker 5: Said a question.
Speaker 1: Good And.
Speaker 11: I hope you like that little song and hopefully it gave you a little bit of ideas on what to do. But I think teaching people and making it an educational moment, really letting them know, like what the heck, dude, like you cannot do that stuff and that's going to come back to burn you in Why are you telling me this? But if somebody has done something like crazy bad which these guys have, but like just insane, like you've got to report it to the d n r Uh. They're in a bar drinking and stuff in this circumstance. So I'm not quite sure you know how truthful this is, but it's really use your best judgment, make it educational. Let them know that they have done wrong.
Speaker 3: Well said, Well done man.
Speaker 2: What do you guys thinking to add? Old Chastaro can't top that? But he's right, ghanis.
Speaker 1: Uh no, yeah, I would not worry about keeping them as friends and just get right in their face. Let him know what's up. Wrong is wrong.
Speaker 2: Tough love, tough love.
Speaker 1: Baby, you had some more funny comments for me, you know.
Speaker 2: I've got another one here. Randall looks nothing like he sounds. I would have guessed an old, gray haired man with glasses in his late sixties. There's another one. I figured he based off Randall's voice. I figured he was twenty five years older than he appears to be. That's whack. Everyone says, uh, sorry, Randall, you're not a doctor. Just didn't with a degree.
Speaker 4: Oh that stings a little eh yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I let's still a compliment. Sandwich here Hey, Y're honest. I thoroughly enjoy when you host radio radio meat Eater Radio Live.
Speaker 6: The compliments about you.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of old meat Eater. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the way meat Eater is now, but when you host, it has a very like, hey man, we did this, it was awesome. You should try this feel to it anyway, keep being awesome? Does that make you feel any better?
Speaker 2: No, because I think they're comparing it to not that there's anything wrong with the new meat Eater where they talk about Bennegan's. But I think that's the new meat Eater. I don't know. Maybe that's just more conceited talk on my part.
Speaker 1: Don't be so conceited, Corey.
Speaker 2: You want to how many questions we got left on the list here? Oh gosh, what do we got?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Got a few more?
Speaker 2: No, I was wondering how many you wanted me to read from? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we got a little bit of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, how about this one? Uh? Should I read the question or just play the video?
Speaker 6: How about we just played the video? Let's play the video Phil with our like it's going to be the one video where they don't the question first, let's find out here's Tyler Jones.
Speaker 14: The question is how do I scout for bucks nailed for shooting those bucks in the first three weeks of October. I have no major ag food sources. Instead, it's oak trees. There's two ways that I could look at this and do most of the time. And let's break it down into the first two weeks, which are going to be more patterable stages of a deer's life, and then that last week of the three week span in October. You're getting towards the middle of October and into the twenties, and deer get a little more pre run, little more testosterone increase there. So we'll talk about those in that order. The first section the patternable deer. These deer are not going to move super far. They're going to be near bedding, so thick areas, and then they're going to be feeding on oaks in close proximity, not moving a ton in the daylight.
Speaker 5: Usually it makes them pretty tough.
Speaker 14: Trail cameras are a big part of finding these deer before this moment actually happens, right so August September, getting trail cameras out near thick batting where there's oak trees. Another thing you can do is when you actually go in to hunt is listen carefully because we're looking for the first oak trees to start dropping, which doesn't happen at the first of October sometimes depending on the year. So we're looking to hopefully get those deer that are moving to the same sound that we're hearing in the woods, which is acorns dropping and getting under those first few trees. The second part of this is the rut or pre rut rather but rut like movement where we get into a pinch point near a scrape, and that's a situation I like a lot. In fact, in twenty twenty, I killed a deer on the twenty third of October just outside that window. But he had showed up on a scrape for the first time on this trail camera on the s sixteenth. So as we get cold weather in that third week, we're looking to shoot deer dear scrapes in pinch points, banking on the fact that they're moving just a little bit more before dark.
Speaker 3: Hope this helps.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that great answer, Thank you, Tom Tyler.
Speaker 4: And I was distracted by all the awesome taxi Durmy behind him.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he's in.
Speaker 1: His house or if he's at a garage. Maybe he's got a lot of bucks. And those boys like to do taxi.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, Yes they do. I'm about to go pick up a little piece of tax We.
Speaker 1: Can tell us about it.
Speaker 2: It's a shoulder mount of that bear I killed in Alaska two years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, another shoulder mounted bear.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the other shoulder mounted bears in Chilli's office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's more of a neck mount too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're just gonna be I actually have come to like those neck mounts. I saw something in Canada when I was up there, and I'm coming to like them because I like them because they're manageable and they're.
Speaker 2: Still I already have a big bear rug on the wall, don't really have room for another one.
Speaker 1: Well, should take it down and put it on the floor.
Speaker 2: This is a wall pedestal, so it incorporates more of the sternum and chest, so it'll be coming out of the wall, and you know, it's sort of it looks more like a like amount of deer where you get some of that because some of the bear neck mounts they just look like you stuck it on the wall. Arms included No, no, no, but I'm still excited at a big nog. And so what I really wanted to look at and remember was the size of its head. And I saw a photo of it, and it looks pretty spot on when I compare it to the photos.
Speaker 1: From would that run you.
Speaker 2: Do on Doug numbers?
Speaker 3: Does your wife like twelve hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh that's it's not bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was reasonable. Yeah, but that's also why I don't do any other tax dur me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. It's expensive.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It is always said, rather go on another hunt, then get a get a buck mounted. All right, Can we ask the beer drinking question now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, Travis t And this actually is a real one. Why do I feel like everybody off camera is drinking beers? And why are they hiding it?
Speaker 1: This was a question on a on a meteor Roast episode that was Phil kracking a beer. He's not hiding it. We don't hide it. Who do you want to take this? You want me to take it? Why don't you take it? I'll start you feel inspired. Nobody off camera is drinking beers. Anybody off camera is working, so they're they're they're not drinking beers. In the rare cases that we are drinking beers and there is some sort of video recording going on, it's usually towards the end the day. Maybe your roast episode is a glaring yeah, an anomaly. But for the most part, the cameras are put away, the days wrapped up. We're not working anymore, we're relaxing, but something still funny happens or whatever, and we get a phone out and it's recorded. Because I've gotten that a lot too, where they're just like, man, you're so fired up and happy, you must be drinking beers. I'm not not drinking beers on camera.
Speaker 6: Also, that can I just cracked was a sparkling juice drink.
Speaker 2: That's because I drink all the beers.
Speaker 1: What do you say to that, Corey, You've been on some production sets now recently in the last year in your new role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't say I ever saw an open container while we were working. But afterwards, now, because you gotta work hard, you gotta play hard. Yeah, like we've cracked a couple of cold ones afterwards, but yeah, never during.
Speaker 1: Yep, nothing to add. Randall Randall's not hiding it, as you guys can see.
Speaker 6: And also I'm not being whole holier than thou. At my previous job, the office was attached to a brewery. They had a deal with them that I got a free beer every day, and on Thursdays we got three free beers what not. Every every Thursday, the first Thursday of every month, we got three free beers. So but and I also worked the graveyard shift, so I would start off my shift by drinking a double I p a, then go edit audio for eight hours, and then on Thursday the first Thursdays. I mean, I don't know how I got worked out, but I did. Yeah, Yeah, I was good at it.
Speaker 2: I worked. I worked across the tracks from that same brewery, Phil, I didn't get any free beers.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry I missed that brewery. I was thinking about it, but I did go there a lot. So shout out to the Draft Forcks in Missoula.
Speaker 1: Oh buddy, I've never been to their brewery, but I sure do you like their beer?
Speaker 2: Homeboy from Home, Away from Home, love it. We got another question here that goes to Jordan. But and I don't know if she's repeated the question, So I'll just say play the tape.
Speaker 8: Phil got a question from Cameron Bocoff nice and he just bought his first white tail tag and wants to know what are some must haves for first white tail hunt. So what I would suggest, more than anything tangible is shoot whatever weapon that you're going to use. Become super super proficient with that. In the end, that's what it's gonna come down to, and it's going to probably happen pretty quick. So being proficient and comfortable with whatever you use and is probably the most important. Beyond that, whitetail is a pretty stationary sport, so I'll get some good clothes to be able to sit longer.
Speaker 6: So that's what I got for.
Speaker 1: Top notch advice from a white tail outfitter.
Speaker 2: Let me add to that, please, safety harness.
Speaker 1: M m. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: If in a tree, yeah, safety first.
Speaker 2: Don't go climbing trees without safety harnesses, folks.
Speaker 1: And these days they have the lifelines as well. It's basically a static rope that's attached above your tree stand and at the base and so that you where you're attached the whole time while you're climbing, must have pieces of gear for his first white tail hunt.
Speaker 6: Hm.
Speaker 2: If you'd asked nineteen year old Randall, I would have told you three bottles of scent killer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't really believe in that too much either, must have pieces of gear for his first white tail man, it's so very I don't have no idea where his hunt's going to be, how cold he's going.
Speaker 2: To be, Yeah, I mean how hot he's going to be, depending on where he's hunting. I'd say a fifty pounds bag of corn, some old apples.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's really vague. Sharp knife. You gotta be able to gotten gut chop up your deer after he gets it. But what else to help him be successful? Binoculars? You don't really have to have buyos in the white tail woods.
Speaker 4: Something to help keep you a patient, assuming maybe in a tree.
Speaker 3: Maybe a good.
Speaker 1: Book, yeah, a good book and some good snacks.
Speaker 2: We're just one earbud to listen to meat Eat Radio live.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't support that.
Speaker 6: We get a lot of people in the chat saying that they're sitting in a tree stand or sitting against a tree waiting for turkeys listening to radio. That seems irresponsible if you're trying to be in a fish but hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Might get you in the mood though, Right.
Speaker 1: You're already out there. If you're not in the mood, might not be the right thing for you.
Speaker 6: Point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they listen to you, honest. If you're not happy to be out there, go home. Yeah, go pick up golf save it for the rest of us. That's right, you got more, Randall. I think that's it for questions, Phil, How are we doing on time here?
Speaker 6: We're doing great on time. We can we can uh head for the final lap.
Speaker 1: Here, but there's there's no uh, there's no chat room questions.
Speaker 6: Mogor says, we're doing a great job. Keep it up.
Speaker 1: Thanks more.
Speaker 3: We really needed that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to look what an idiot doctor Randall?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I think we need to look at your meat eat or roasts episode.
Speaker 2: Ry we all love to hate. I mute it when he opens his mouth.
Speaker 6: Is that one real?
Speaker 2: What's up with the wig? Yeah? No, someone actually did say these are all real? All right, Well, before we go, we have an important call to action starting next week because today is June nineteenth, I'm talking June twenty sixth here.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on. I'm sorry I had to interrupt, but since we're not doing this live, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I am going to compliment sandwich to help with your conceitedness, to bring you up, because I want you to leave today, you know, not down loan, So right here, noah ratchaw. This is from Randall and Spencer's roast episode. You guys did a great job on you could lost one of you better than you lost. Yeah, Spencer is a tough, tough but this fella, says Randall, Slamming a beer to open a cooking show makes it feel like it's a deer Camp cookoff and I love it.
Speaker 6: I've got I've got some too. This is from Last the Rat Radio live from a couple of weeks ago. Guys with hundreds of beavers, says, came here just to comment on the movie Club. Outstanding all caps, Doctor Randall, you have set a new bar and I look forward to the next one. Wow. Hashtag proud Randamal we have Randall is a national treasure. Oh that's from Nick, he works for us.
Speaker 15: Oh oh that's Randall. Probably bought that newt a beer that's brutal. What about this? I love all the Rose Shows. No, yeah, I love all the Rose Shows, but I loved this one. But he's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Anyways. Randall always adds extra to everything he does. Okay, here's here's another one. In quotes you like, I said, don't don't eat all of them? Is that a movie quote?
Speaker 2: No, that's from when I told them not to eat the potatoes. Oh okay, because some of the potatoes were well.
Speaker 1: He says, I want another episode with Randall next one. Danel cracks me up, like, if you have four potatoes, pick the one that looks most done. What a good sport?
Speaker 3: Great sport?
Speaker 2: See Doctor Randall's the worst stop it.
Speaker 6: Jamis says I was moving on. Jameson says, I would like to thank whatever mechanism at Meat Eater, and maybe even just the universe for giving Randal the rain and more importantly, the confidence. I'm stressing that part editorially to follow through with whatever meta concept that just had me laughing to tears in my truck.
Speaker 2: Randall's previous comments about being depressed after losing Trivia and coming home to his wife all said is honestly concerning to hear.
Speaker 1: So for all you, Randal, for all you randall fans se gave you a good one to end. I do you think we shoul right?
Speaker 2: I do think we should. We should read some more comments like that. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it. It's hilarious, as I was saying. Starting next week, June twenty sixth, we will be doing a monthly trailcam photo contest presented by our friends at Moultrie. We are asking you, our viewers, to send us your unique trailcamphotos.
Speaker 2: This go around. We're looking for your funniest trailcamphotos. Send them to Radio at the meat Eater dot com before our June twenty sixth show. That's between today, June nineteenth and next Thursday, June twenty sixth, and we'll select two submissions to show during Radio Live and the winner will win an awesome package from Moultrie. Again. Funny pictures, not serious pictures, not sad pictures, not scary pictures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have like a monthly theme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have themes. And this month's theme is funny.
Speaker 1: Yep, to make it funny. Yeah, not nasty either.
Speaker 2: If you got a nasty one, save it.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining like some a lot of pictures with animals with their tongues out of their mouths doing some weird tongue motion.
Speaker 2: Perhaps they are some weird oh just walking past the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, I was just gonna say, let's not have those. We really want those.
Speaker 3: I want our tats.
Speaker 1: A lot of breeding images.
Speaker 3: Maybe depends on how old you are.
Speaker 2: If it's back to the animals or we're talking about well, send your funniest trailcamp photos to radio at the meeteater dot com before our June twenty sixth show Funny Photos presented by our friends at Moultrie. Get him in and we'll choose a winner here. Happy summer folks. The next time we see you all, the summer solstice will have passed and will be one season away from that's beautiful, hey, will be one season away from the fall. And we'll see you right back here next week on Thursday, June twenty sixth, with our regularly scheduled Meet Eater Radio live programming. Folks, It's June nineteenth. We'll see you later.