Speaker 1: Are you supposed to say Porsche or Porsche Porscha. You're supposed to say it like that. Well, I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 2: Ferdinand Porsche who created the company, that's how he pronounced his name, Porsche.
Speaker 1: I don't know Ferdinand Pasha. Tosh Show. It's it's that time for another Toss Show. How are you? Everyone doing well? Excited to be here, big day here on Toss Show. Eddie, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: How is the weekend? How's my weekend? Oh? Thanks for asking? You know, it was good. My wife's birthday. Took her up north, up the coast and went out to dinner. And oh, celebrity sighting at dinner. That that I got excited about. All right, that's who I saw at dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm gonna guess like a Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Lebron James at dinner with me? No, no, no, Carol Burnett. Carol Burnette, ninety year old Carol Burnett at dinner was sat right behind me. Now ask me who had reservations earlier? Me or ninety year old Carol Burnett. I think you I was at five she was at five thirty it's great. It was great though. The whole time I just kept taking photos of my wife, just like real awkwardly, but just trying to get Carol Burnette in the shot. That's fantastic. I'll show you that. That's silly. I saw another celebrity too, Eddie. As if Carol Burnett wasn't good enough. The very next morning, guess who I see Bob Newhart sports talk show host Colin Cowhard. And I didn't go up and say hi. I was with my kids and I was going to and my wife stopped me and said, that's not who you think it is. And I go, that's Colin. Guys. You know, we will talk sports for a second. I'll say he's just sitting there. I'll talk with him verse second. And she said, no, that's an actor. And then later she goes, oh, I think you were right. So Colin know that I recognized you, and I wanted to say hi, but my wife said no because normally I'm wrong. One time I was at a concert and I thought Drew Carrey was next to me, and again, I'm with my kids. I was with one of my kids at this concert m and I go, hey, Drew, and the guy uh, just looks at me, goes what and I'm like, oh no, and then my wife goes, that's so embarrassing because he knows that he kind of looks like Drew Carrey, and so when you say hey Drew and it's and it's not Drew Carrey, he's he's like, uh, anyway again, what are you gonna do you have a video for me?
Speaker 3: I do have a video, dude.
Speaker 4: You just busted your freaking uh intercooler radiator.
Speaker 1: Anything even drives upon this radiator. That's the same curb that got Paul Walker alr P. Can you drive a car after you bust your radiator? I guess for a little bit, shouldn't be doing that anyway, beautiful E thirty? There? I love an E thirty? Is that second generation three series on a BMW? Oh didn't know, Tosh New Cars didn't have that on my Bingo card. Fucking idiots. By the way, if you've ever written that in your life thinking you were being funny, like oh I didn't have that on my Bingo card, You're not a funny person and people don't enjoy listening to you. Okay, so put that on your Bengo card. Oh, today's guest is the biggest of car guys, both literally and physically, just a huge man. He's my car guy. He's a car broker. I never understand why anyone would go to a dealership to buy a car. You say, oh, because we don't have the luxury of having someone do it for you. Yes, you do, and you're going to learn that today with Marty, my good friend Marty, who, by the way, no one talks more than Marty, just awng talks forever. Love every word he's saying. But just if you call him, know that you've just you got to block out forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 1: But he actually is the first guest that I ever interviewed on this show, So the set's going to look a little different. Probably didn't give him a gift. I hope you can handle it. Enjoy, Pasha. Here, I'm with Marty, the car guy, as I know him via his email. Thank you for being here, my pleasure. Why did you retire?
Speaker 2: Well, I was in the car business for forty six years. I turned sixty five last summer. My dad retired at sixty five, so I'm just following in his footsteps.
Speaker 1: You look great. I try you grew up here.
Speaker 2: Our family first came to Los Angeles in the eighteen fifties, so we go way way back.
Speaker 1: So there's probably some bad stuff in your history, I would hope. So all right, Marty, I don't know if you know this about me. I know nothing about cars at all, Okay. Never been interested in cars. I blame my father, and I assume your father was interested in cars.
Speaker 2: My dad was a big car guy. The first new car I remember my dad buying was a nineteen sixty two Chevrolet Corbet to which as a five year old, I said, Dad, that's not cool.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So one day I'm sitting in the den and my dad comes through the front door and he walked in. He said, go look in the driveway. He yapped his ride and they're sitting in the driveway was a brand new white with red interior, fuel injected sixty three Corvette Stingrays, split window coop and I remember saying, Dad, you are now cool.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: So he won you over at that point.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Growing up with the dad who was a car guy, I loved cars, and in my younger days I went through everything, I mean, every BMW, every Portie, every Mercedes, you name, it. I had a couple of ferraris.
Speaker 1: What age is this?
Speaker 2: Oh? From starting at sixteen up to probably thirty.
Speaker 1: This is what I never understood. How do you like? I had a car at sixteen and I kept it till I was twenty five. It was like a hon a Civic. How long do you keep a car before you get another one?
Speaker 2: I've probably been through conservatively five hundred cars in my life.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. My father, huge car guy, everything knows everything about cars, knows every car, cares about it. And then as a young child, he says to me, and I can remember this, and he'll deny that this conversation happened. He said, we're gonna buy a complete old Mustang Beater for nothing. And you're like, you're twelve or ten now, whatever it was, and we're going to rebuild the whole thing and by time we're it'll take sixty years. And by time we're done, you'll be sixteen and you'll have this car. And guess what, never got around to it, and I never learned a thing about cars. That's why I think it's so fascinating that I that I found you, because it isn't a world that I ever ever can cared about at all, and people that do care about are so passionate, and then I get embarrassed talking to them because I don't know anything. But you, you know, eliminated the one thing that is the worst thing on the planet besides the dentist. It's buying a car. People hate going to dealerships. No, no, it's it's onyx. I would rather not own a car like I was, just like, oh, I I'll just never get a car again. Now I found you through my business manager, and probably the shortest person in the world that I trust. He's been my business manager since I was twenty two years old. I'm forty eight. And when you get a business manager, it's literally like reverting back to a child, because you all of a sudden you don't get male and your dad takes care of everything. You basically trust them with your life, right, And people are like, oh, I can't believe you do this. Haven't you heard all the horror stories of Hollywood? And it's like, of course I have, but I'm not smart enough to know how to do any of these things anyway. So you know, my point is, if I found out ten years from now he'd been stealing from me for thirty five years, you know, and I would say to that, im good, he deserves it. That was great as long as he's making money for you, right, heah, I don't care if he's making money for me. It's just like he's given me a great life. He's made the right decisions. Anyway. I came from nothing and got into show business and got lucky. And so that also not just lucky. Talent too well, yeah, I mean it's a lot. It's mostly talent. But anytime I experience any of these perks that affords itself in this silly world of Los Angeles, I'm like, this is unbelievable. There's a guy that will just let you just say what car you want, and the next day the car arrives. I'm like, this is genius. I'm like, how much am I paying for this service? And then I was told that I'm not paying anything.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, an honest broker, a dishonest broker will tell you this is my fee to help you get your car, and they're also getting money from the dealer. I guarantee it. So I used to call a double dipping', which I would never do. People would always ask me what's your fee? How do you make money? I say, I get paid out of the deal by the dealer, and they would be that's it. I said, that's it.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing you should know about yourself now. I mean you probably know this, but now you're retired. So it's almost it's like talking at someone's funeral saying nice things about him when it's like, well, why didn't you say that when they were alive? But everyone says wonderful things about you, Rob. I was talking. Rob just recently said I'm going to talk to Marty and he's like, oh, He's like, there was no no one was better at doing what he did anyway. So my point was though that this is just a no brainer. If you can find an honest one, that's the trick. You know.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of brokers. There are no shortage of them in Los Angeles, and I know most of them, and for the most part, they're good. A lot of them are greedy. So I would play off sometimes with some of the brokers, and you know, like one guy said once on a Ford expedition, He's like, yeah, I put the guy away for five thousand dollars commission I'm like, how how can you sell a Ford expedition and make five grand? It's a guy picked up the phone. He kill your deal. He said, they don't pick up the phone. They just trust me. And I said, I couldn't do that to one of my customers.
Speaker 1: How did you get in to being a car broker?
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of fell into being a broker because I was something else. Really before being a broker, I was doing what they call gray marketing, bringing in cars that weren't available in the United States, maybe previously imported, something like a Porsche nine thirty turbo. So in nineteen seventy nine, Porsche quit bringing him into the US, and you could buy a car in Europe for a fraction of what they did cost here, import them, legalize them, and be in it a brand new one for.
Speaker 1: A lot less more.
Speaker 2: I need then, say, in nineteen seventy nine, when it was the last year they built.
Speaker 1: Them, is that illegal gray? It sounds like it's like close to black market.
Speaker 2: Well it's called gray market because it's a gray area. It's not black all right, So gray market just means it's something that wasn't originally sold here. In the case of an automobile. It has to be legalized. So the dealers they hated guys like me because we were bringing in cars and selling them for a lot less than they were selling them for, and a lot of cars that weren't available. For instance, let's say you wanted a Mercedes SL so at the time it was a three eighty SL. They were very underpowered. In Europe, they made a five hundred SL. So they made a five liters V eight with a lot more horsepower, So people wanted to bring those cars in the gray market. Golden years were really about nineteen eighty to eighty five. The only reason it really died was because the dollar got strong against the mark. You couldn't save money, so it was like them, why buy them?
Speaker 1: Why do it?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're going to spend a lot of money. So you ask how did I become a broker? Well, people that I sold cars to in eighty eighty one eighty two they called me and they said, hey, it's time for a new car, and I say, I'm not importing cars anymore. I didn't really know what I was going to do. And they said, well, I don't want to go into a dealer. Could you just sell my car for me, and you handled the new car here. So I kind of fell into being a broker.
Speaker 1: What do people need to know? What's the minimum things people need to know when they're going to buy a car to not get ripped off.
Speaker 2: The biggest mistake people make is if they go in and say I can afford six hundred dollars a month. You never want to say what you're what you're willing to pay per month. Okay, that's the biggest mistake. You want to establish what they're going to sell you the car for. That's the first thing. And then once you establish that, then you want to base yours based on that number. But there's all kinds of tricks dealers can play. They have what they call the buy raid on the money, what the bank gives it to them for, they can mark that up. They're free to mark it up. Same thing on a lease. It's a money factor. Most dealers routinely mark up the money factor. So in addition to whatever they're making on the front end of the deal, which is profit on the car, profit on whatever you buy for the car, extended warranty, whatever it might be, they're going to make money on the interest.
Speaker 1: There's no way around to this. There's no way I anybody can ever figure it out. Then it's really difficult get a good broker when they say I need to go talk to my manager. Are they Is that a stall tactic? Are they really actually going to get approval?
Speaker 2: They know what they're constrained by ahead of time, what areas they have to work within. So it's probably a little bit of both, but mostly it's probably bs.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I had a lady that was.
Speaker 2: Referred to me and she wanted to buy a new Hyundai Dream Client. She wanted to buy it, and she wanted to put ten thousand dollars down, and they were offering zero percent financing. She said, what's my payment going to be with ten grand down? Zero percent financing? And I gave it to her. But I said, since you're putting such a large down payment, they have one point nine percent financing, but a fifteen hundred dollars rebate, So your payment is going to go down twenty bucks a month. You know, over sixty months, that's twelve hundred dollars. She said, no, no, no, I want the zero percent. I said, okay, let me give you analogy. You're standing on a corner. I walk over to you. In one hand, I have a one dollar bill and the other hand I got a twenty. Which one are you going to take? She said, well, I'll take the twenty. I said, exactly, So take the one nine in the rebate. She said, but I want the zero percent financing.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that speaks volumes of all Hyundai owners, but you get what you pay for. What about clear code? That seems like another bullshit thing that the industry created.
Speaker 2: It probably just will watched a Fargo You know you got to get that clear coat on clear coat.
Speaker 1: Well know they what do they say in Fargo? They don't take clearcoat? They say, yeah, but that true code. I sat right here and said I didn't want any true coad. They say true coat, true coat. I get that true coat.
Speaker 2: All that stuff to me is dealer add on, big profit centers and garbage, garbage, good garbage.
Speaker 1: What's the most you've ever made off of a car?
Speaker 2: Well, it'd be a classic car, wouldn't be a new car. I did a package deal in twenty eleven for a very good customer of mine. He had a nineteen seventy one to eightyse three point five convertible, which is very rare, and in nineteen seventy two six hundred, which was the grosser Mercedes Benz. I sold both cars for six hundred thousand dollars and he said, what's your fee? And I said, usually to sell a car, I charged five percent. But I feel a little guilty because that'd be thirty thousand dollars. And I said, so, you know, probably something like half that I think is fair. And he said, what would it cost me if I sold him at auction? And I said, well, auction houses, to the seller they charge eight percent, and to the buyer they charged ten percent. So when a car goes through an auction, the auction house is making eighteen percent. And he said, well, I think it's fair. I pay you ten percent. So he paid me sixty thousand dollars. I like this guy, my business manager.
Speaker 1: He has a quote from you that he uses to this day, just so you know, okay, but he credits you, he's not stealing it. I want you to know there's an ass for every seat that is a saying of mine. There is an ass for every seat. Name some of your famous clients.
Speaker 2: Well, one that I absolutely adore working with or worked with. Was Sylvester Stallone, Rocky He's great. Sold a card at Doctor Dre.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre Dre's got great tastes and cars. You ever deal with Exhibit Rember when he had a car show. I actually Exhibit was a customer of mine. He was with one of my business managers. First car I sold him was in two thousand and four or five and the Bentley Continental GT came out.
Speaker 2: I got him one of those. I got him a range drover.
Speaker 1: Biggest asshole client without saying Jay Leno or Jerry Seinfeld, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't deal with them, okay, But I will mention who was the most difficult to deal with?
Speaker 1: Difficult? Sure, that's a fair word. Mariah Carey. I never liked Mariah care I never liked her music. The only music I like hers is now when she sings live and it's like, oh my goodness, you can't sing anymore, and then like those I enjoy that. But who's your best client?
Speaker 2: Well, the best I guess could mean who have I done the most business with over the years.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, sure, who have you done the most business with?
Speaker 2: A gentleman who was still with us? Thankfully he's going to be eighty nine next month.
Speaker 1: Why is he driving?
Speaker 2: He owns Paramount Health Whitment Corporation. So like in the gym, the machines that say Paramount, I've never been to a gym. Okay, look at me.
Speaker 1: Okay. So he said, you get Donald Brennan's cars. They said I do. He said, I don't need to hear anymore. Get your order pad out and just start rattling off cars.
Speaker 2: A new five hundred sel amg whole thing for his ex wife, who he's very friendly with, a new five hundred sl and for his then fiance, a new career convertible. So three cars that morning, and he flew everything in. What's caused a fly car in? This is nineteen eighty three. It was about seven and a half thousand dollars each.
Speaker 1: Okay, not as much as I thought you were going to say. Now it's more than double that, maybe triple. Have you ever been approached to sell a stolen car?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What about does that bring a trailer website? Is that a good place to get a car? I've never sold anything or bought anything there. I'm familiar with the site. Actually, a friend of mine does put a lot of you know, he wheels and deals in classic cars. He gets crazy prices for his cars on bringer trailer. So if I'm looking for a deal, don't go. That's not where she get it. Probably not. You came up to me at Saddle Peak Lodge. I did. I did a restaurant outside of Calabasas, and you come up to my now wife and you say, oh, I hope you're enjoying that Mini Cooper. And I looked at you and went.
Speaker 2: You looked at me and I went, uh, oh, I think I just stuck my foot in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Right, the wrong girl? Wrong? I got that car for someone else? You did. She was so insecure at the time too, You're buying cars from other people. I'm like, yes, you one another girl. A lot of girls in my life with cars. You got her out of a Tigwan lease and got her into a nice Audie in twenty four hours. And she was like, I blew her mind, couldn't believe you pulled it off, got a broker lease, got her the new car. It was like eighteen or nineteen dollars more a month for the brand new outing man. People don't realize that they can upgrade so much more for very little money. How many cars do you think you've sold? Oh boy, you have any idea?
Speaker 2: And forty six years averaging three hundred cars a year, thirteen fourteen thousand cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of cars. What's your daily driver?
Speaker 2: I have a twenty eighteen Ford Raptor, which I bought new.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But I also always have a secondary car for the dog. And I'm a big fan of super Outback. Oh look at you. They didn't even force you to do that, now, subrew knife. I've been had a deal with Suberu for over a decade. I started with him on the show because I wasn't a car person. I wanted them held up a sign I said, I delivered your first free one to the set.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I held up a sign like, suberrew, give me a free outback and they did. Well. No, First they put a pull up on their website like should we give Tosh a free Suberu, And then they wanted me to send it out to a large following what I didn't want to do that. That seemed desperate, so I just kept it real quiet and didn't give him any publicity and waited the very last minute and then had my friends and family flood the votes for the yes and it was like fifty six yes, fourteen no, and they were like, this is this backfired horribly, But I got that free suber up and then over the years developed a relationship and they always would give me. But it's it's gotten harder and harder to get free suber us out of them lately. Anyway, do you race? Were you like into speed?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Per se? I have gone very fast. My record for speed in a car this gentleman I told you about earlier. Bill Hubner. He bought in nineteen eighty eight a Ferrari Tustarosa.
Speaker 1: And Sir mix a Lot has a song about it. He moved it down.
Speaker 2: We had a home down in Indian Wells and once a year the card had to come in for service. So he'd say, why don't you go spend the weekend, take one of my cars in Beverly Hills, drive down there, spend the weekend at the house, and then bring the Ferrari in for service, and then when it's done, take it back spend the next weekend. So I was like, twist my arm a little harder. And it was about six thirty in the morning and leaving Palm Springs. It's pretty straight.
Speaker 1: With a couple of Whoopti dews. There's some Whipti dews.
Speaker 2: There's some Whooptie dews there before you hit the big curve, huh. But I got that car up to one hundred and eighty five miles an hour and talking to a dead man, and it had more to go. But two things. One I said, if I get a flat, I'm a dead man, yep. And secondly, the curve's coming up, so I'm done. But that's the fastest I've ever driven one hundred and eighty five in this testosa.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of The Fast and the Furious franchise? I watched the first one and that's it. It really takes it.
Speaker 2: I do have a Paul Walker story though. Oh so when The Fast and the Furious. I believe the movie had been filmed, but it hadn't been released yet, and I think it came out when in like two thousand and one something like that. Anyway, his agent or I should take it back his wantab agent at that time, because he was shopping agents. His agent called me from William Morris Endeavor and said, I want you to call this guy his name's Paul Walker.
Speaker 1: I'd never heard of him. I didn't know who it was.
Speaker 2: I want you to call him, tell him I'll buy him a new car whenever he wants. He's serious, dead serious.
Speaker 1: Never had an agent do anything.
Speaker 2: Like this, buy your car anything you want. Up to sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, well at least they had a cap on.
Speaker 2: Put a cap on it. So I called him and I said, so and so would like to buy you a car. He's like, excuse me. It's like he wants to buy you car. It's given you budget of sixty thousand dollars. And at the time he got a E class Mercedes. It was the V eight with the AMG package, and I think it came in at sixty grand literally out the door.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would have gone over a thousand and just either paid the thousand out of pocket or I remember the age. I've never what agent is doing. That's insanity.
Speaker 2: Well it worked, Paul signed signed with this guy. I remember the agent telling me this guy is going to be the new Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: That's what was his comment to me. The next Tom Cruise. You remember that Mercedes I bought my manager. I do what do we get her.
Speaker 2: We got her a nineteen seventy seven five sixty s L And this is probably what about seven eight years ago you bought it. I don't know something like that. I'm sure picture my phone, I'm sure from the wrecked and or not driven is what I'm what. I'm positive of the car.
Speaker 1: At the time, it was.
Speaker 2: Close to years old, and it had like seventeen thousand miles on it. It was literally like the day it was on the showroom floor. And I remember telling Rob, I said, I've got the best one that Daniel couldbuy in the world. Not gonna be cheap because it's unique.
Speaker 1: I'm very generous. Yet still all I keep thinking about is Paul Walker's agent saying, here's sixty thousand dollars, go pick out a car. And it wasn't his agent at the time. And fairness though, his eyes, his eyes were so beautiful, you know, and I was cursed with just regular old brown eyes that nobody ever wants to dole a dollar out to. And how is your memory so good? I have a photographic memory, do you really? People say they have a photographic memory, but they don't really have a photo I do.
Speaker 2: When it comes to stuff, long ago, but not so much. If you asked me what I had for dinner last night? Yeah, what did you have for dinner last night?
Speaker 1: Mexican food? Oh?
Speaker 2: I had a chili rina, a cheese enchilada, two taketos and rice and beans, geese.
Speaker 1: Luise Beast, what do you think of Jonathan Ward over Icon? You like that guy? It makes it restores those Broncos? Oh I know Icon? Yeah, yah, yeah, yeah. I got one of his early Broncos. Loved it. You know. I was like, Oh, this car is amazing and it's kind of understated, but it's still like you know, cost a Fortune.
Speaker 2: Oh they were He's crazy expensive, but he does beautiful.
Speaker 1: Work, beautiful and I'm like, I get this thing. And then I realized, oh, now everyone wants to talk to me about the car, and I don't know anything about the car. I'm just the jerk that could afford it and I bought. So I always lie and say it's my wife's. People asking like they well, tell me about it, and I'm like, oh, that's my wife's car. I'm just driving it. And that's how I get by with that one.
Speaker 2: Those early Broncos have a gigantic cult following.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know that. And then Broncos came back into production, and now I'm embarrassed to drive it almost, but I'll keep it for I guess ever, is that the rule? Is that what you're supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are some of the most overrated cars in your opinion?
Speaker 2: I think of like, you know, like Mercedes Benz. They don't make a single vehicle I would buy today. I just don't find anything that they make interesting. You know, driving rules races. I find them embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Oh you do? Oh yeah, see that'll stick with me. I'll be like, oh, Marty said, that's embarrassing to be in this car. I still like Porsche nine to eleven's all car people care about Porsches. I just would never ever want to be in that car. They're fun to drive, I know. I mean, listen, I'm positive you're right. Are you supposed to say Porsche or Porsche Porsche? You're supposed to say like that? Well, I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 2: Ferdinand Porsche, who created the company, that's how you pronounce his name, Porsche?
Speaker 1: I don't know Ferdinand. Oh you ever funck with boats? Boats? We have everyone growing up ski boat. That's it. Never sold a boat. They're not good buys, they're not good investments.
Speaker 2: Well, they say the two happiest days of a boat owner's life is the day buys it and the day sells it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think of Jay Leno and that collection? Is it nonsense? What's going on? Why is he driving around the steam engine that car almost cost him his life? Is that the one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shocking that that's not up to code in nineteen eleven or something. I've run into him at several different car shows. He's always been nothing but a really nice guy and a gentleman in person. I don't know him personal Areo killer outside? I assume now he seems always nice. He's always been nice to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just a nice guy. Do you hate Elon Musk or are you a Nazi?
Speaker 2: That's I think Elon Musk is brilliant. When Tesla was launched and initially it was just like that little Lotus car that he stuck on the batteries in and when the Tesla Model sque came out, which was initially his first car, I said, there's no way he says in business. See, I wish I would about his stock. What do you think of electric cars.
Speaker 1: I think that they serve a purpose.
Speaker 2: I'm all for if you can do your part to you know, live in a cleaner environment, all that, I'm all for that.
Speaker 1: Well, forget the environment part of it. What about the car itself? Do you like where the electric cars are? They're crazy fast. I know, because you get one hundred percent of the torque instantly when you step on the accelerator. Four motors going too yeah yeah, so you get instant torque, and I mean the thing will just snap your head into the back of the seat, which is fun. But I like hearing an engine. I like you. I'll sit next to you and just go like this.
Speaker 2: I like hearing an engine. I like feeling gear shift. So the kind of eerie quietness of it. A lot of people love it.
Speaker 1: Me not so much. I got there. I have the pick up the Rivian. I saw it. It's very nice. You know, they're an Irvine company. I thought I was, you know, eight years ago or whenever they said, oh this is coming out. I'm like, oh, I'll give you a little security deposit and when this comes out, I'll get it. And then it came out and I'm like, oh, I love driving, but they told us it was going to do tank turns. You know, all the wheels were gonna spin opposites, it would just spin in circles. And I was really excited about that. But then they won't release that software because it's bad for the environment to like just go destroying the woods by spinning around everywhere. Anyway, I was excited. I was excited about tank turns. Then I get the Rivian I can't do any tank turns. Dumb. Now my thing with it is as just pure convenience.
Speaker 2: It's great as long as you don't drive a lot. But what if you know, if you got to do a long drive, then you got to plan ahead.
Speaker 1: Where are you going to stop? Where are you going to charge it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You find it super You stop someplace by time you do have a horrible road BM and you get yourself something something to eat. You're back to eighty p. Yeah there you go. Ah, happily married. Happily married. How on coming up on three years three Yeah? Yeah, that's real easy to be happy then. People that don't want to retire ever, I've never understood that. I can't wait to never work again. Are you enjoying retirement. I love not being in the car business anymore. I went from just this absolute passion for cars to it all became just iron Marty. Again, Here's what we were the saying. When I think about what I do for a living, like people like, oh, you get to make people laugh and like performing stand up, I'm like, that is so stupid. Like what I'm up, I'm telling jokes to strangers. This is the dumbest way to make a living. I can't even wrap my head around it. Sometimes at night I'm like, you know, I'll talk to my kid, I'm like, what do you do? And I'm like, Eh, I don't really know. It doesn't make sense. Well, Marty, thank you very much for being on my show. It's been a pleasure. I appreciate it. I'll see you around, Okay. Thanks man, Pasha, well Carl another pod in the books. As they say in the pod Biz, Marty, want to thank you for being on the show. You're the best. You know, Eddie. After after you played that video in the beginning of this show, it made me actually realize, Marty, I want you to find me an E thirty convertible green Usually those were UK ones. You know, so I asked to get imported here. I don't need you know, crazy low miles, but i'd like under eighty thousand miles. That's the car I want, and your gift will be the commission on that car. I really would like that car. You think you think you think Marty can get it for me, Carl, you'd love it sitting in the back of an E thirty wind blowing through your hair. We're gonna get that car. How fast do you think Marty can get it for me? I guarantee he'll find it. It's a unicorn, all right. Anyway, boyswearpink dot com. Check it out, purchase something. They're gonna be collector's items one day. The Goat on Prime or Freebie or wherever Amazon is gonna release it. Uh May fourth, the Dolby the Netflix Comedy Festival. And now another one of my bedtime stories from my once three year old son, See you next week.
Speaker 4: When upon a time the Drillo dies Gatewe I did a Capisan gate. I did a Campasan and the tumpersandd it Wood and the Campasan didn't woo, so they drive on addictant it so they dared on addictance it and then they rode on a bike and they and then they hit it someone on their bits. And then they rode on a bike and they hid it something ride in their bikes and then they saw a Seahosts and then they saw seahost and then they and then they dropped this soon and then they dropped their song end.
Speaker 1: Why did you say everything twice in that story? I don't know. That's a weird thing that you did. Like, have you did you have you ever heard somebody do that before? You just made that up. You just want to repeat things twice each time. Yeah, that was That was neat, like Chris Rock