Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many. Consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine, nine hundred and ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Get Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Drew Franklin here with Jack Pilgrim and Zach Gagan who are still laughing at me for opening up things about myself, telling them what I'm doing with my free time. And I feel like they're looking at me like I'm a big joke. But I'm gonna make a great count Paris. Guys, this is the beginning of something special.
Speaker 4: Ever be open with your friends.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: I'm the worst therapist of all time.
Speaker 3: Speaking of our friends, joining us now is Lexingon's own Josh Hopkins, who you may know from ABC's Cougartown Quantico, several Hollywood movies, including Rust coming out on May second. He's also one of the biggest UK fans you'll ever meet. Josh, Thanks for giving us your time today. How about those cats lately? You keep it up with the news?
Speaker 6: Oh are you kidding? My lifeline? You know I'm one of those hitting refresh every second. I think you've done a great job so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Since I've known you, even I remember talking to you about the Andrew Wiggins commitment. I mean, you're not just kind of a fan. You were dialed into every little piece of news. What did you think of the big get they got yesterday with Jaden Quainten's I mean that.
Speaker 6: Was that was fantastic.
Speaker 7: What a physical just nenus he is, and to think he's doing it.
Speaker 6: At his age. I do have some worries though, you know, I'm a warrior, you know, I'm I'm a bit of a worrier.
Speaker 7: I worry about his a cl You know, everybody's just plugging him in.
Speaker 6: But I mean that's that's you know, it's a it's a big swing there.
Speaker 7: A CL's last the I don't think he'd be back by Devember or October.
Speaker 6: I'm just worried, that's all.
Speaker 5: Josh, how was a Jack Pugger this? That was my next question. We've been in contact a couple of times, you know, making sure we're we're keeping each other straight overall, Panic Meter, how are you feeling? Have you calmed down a little bit after getting some commitments you know, piled up obviously beyond Jaden quaintance?
Speaker 7: Ye oh yeah, I love. I love what he's done so far. But I and thank you Jack for always being there for me. I'm always to your podcast and trying to figure out what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm a big fan.
Speaker 7: I uh yeah, I mean I love the uh Mohammed Dibat.
Speaker 6: You know, he's toughness and good. I was wondering if anyone's ever called him cool mode. I don't know. I think different different things. Also, I thought maybe we have the mo Mamba and the Mountain.
Speaker 2: You might have just created something there the mo.
Speaker 6: Mamba, the Mountain Mamba, and the Mormon mamba. Maybe maybe that's something I don't know. But he's a great gap. I love.
Speaker 7: I still worry about shooting, Okay, I think we don't have quite as good as shooting team as we did last year and his so much of Pope's offense is predicated on having a bunch of shooters to spread it out. So I'm I'm a little worried about not having a stretch big right now.
Speaker 6: Any anything there, Jack, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we're we're some stuff's in the works. I think I think we're we're working toward that one. Maybe two more pieces added. And you know it's transferportal seasons, so you never know what's gonna come around the corner, who's coming, who's going. So uh yeah, I think shooting will be addressed, and I think it'll be addressed in a timely manner.
Speaker 6: Josh awesome. I love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Speaking of shooting. You told me you're in the middle of shooting stuff this week, which maybe want to ask. You know, as we said, you're a die hard fan, but what's it like if you're in the middle of, you know, shooting a movie. You know you're busy. Guy, Are you like checking your phone in between takes? Do you do you demand a TV somewhere in the corner where you can keep up with games? What's it like being a fan from AFAR for Josh Hopkins.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 7: The worst part has been like if I'm shooting out of the country, because like during March.
Speaker 6: Madness or something, I was shooting for the Big.
Speaker 7: Run made where Andrew Harrison made all those shots. I was in Montreal and I would find my way to a sports car and I swear they'd be playing like junior league hockey on every channel and I was like.
Speaker 6: Come, just put it on. It's the March Madness.
Speaker 8: And they were like, yeah, hey, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: Man. I couldn't handle it. It drove me crazy. But I did find the places.
Speaker 7: But that would drive me insane to see what they were playing. But mostly like if I'm on set in the States, Like some of the electricians will set up a TV for me, you know, close by, usually like in my dressing.
Speaker 6: Room or something. I'll have a TV. But it's just hard to get me.
Speaker 7: Out of there, you know if we're playing a big game, so I'm and of course just follow along on my phone if I can't.
Speaker 3: Have you ever recruited someone you're working with, like another celebrity or actor to kind of cheer for the Cats for you, I'm sure they want you to just be in a good mindset, so the probably the whole crew is cheering for the Cats on your behalf. But any stories of recruiting people to be Cats fans.
Speaker 7: You know, mostly people are annoyed, you know, like they don't understand it.
Speaker 6: They don't understand why I say we. Like I had the actors, what do you mean we we are we? You're not on the team.
Speaker 7: I was like, you have no idea, You have no idea the culture or where I come from. I had people, you know, I'd come into set early in the morning and we'd have it like rehearsal and I'm usually just like in a Kentucky shirt or sweatshirt, and every time they're like, oh, do you like Kentucky. Yeh, I didn't know that from you wearing a Kentucky shirt every day mostly and these people that probably dislike Kentucky more because of.
Speaker 3: Me speaking of Kentucky shirts. I gotta plug a show that's it's not your show, but it's your good friend James Marsden. I got addicted to Paradise on Hulu. Marsden plays the president who loves Kentucky basketball, and it seems like every scene he's wearing a Kentucky shirt. He had a framed jersey in the Oval office. I think they are just Kentucky references throughout, and I refuse to believe that you did not play a little bit of a role in that, whether it be y'all are having a beer and you suggest something, but surely you had some influence on all the Kentucky connections on that show.
Speaker 7: Well, see I always put that or try to put Kentucky stuff, just little Easter eggs and anything I do. Like there's been several shits I can't even remember, but I knew Quantico was one where.
Speaker 6: I had Kentucky.
Speaker 7: Like jackets in the closet and I had like a up on the wall like I like from Kentucky where I went to school, and just little things and he knows that. And we were having a beer one time and he was talking about how they were like in the script that they were reading about it said you know something about when this is about how he was that his call sign that they called him was later and I said, well, you know, because he's a Kentucky fan. And I said, well, you have to do all this stuff. You have to put this jersey on, you have to have this around, you have to go pull in Kentucky fan. And he told the creator Dan Bogelman about it and he said, yo, yeah, we'll go all.
Speaker 6: In then we'll do it.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, I had a little bit to do with it.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we sniffed that out right away. There was just over the top Kentucky references throughout the show. And since you gave mars and a tip there, I need some tips. I just revealed to our audience and to my two friends here who haven't stopped laughing, that I have committed to being Romeo and Juliet here in Lexington. It is my acting debut. I won't say that I'm prepared, but I am excited. Any tips for someone on the stage for the first time, Maybe like when I should start looking at the script, how to memorize my lines, things like that.
Speaker 7: I'd say to start looking at the script yesterday, okay, And uh, you're doing shape to use your diaphragm.
Speaker 6: You gotta you gotta project. Okay, two households both to like. Indignity is favor grown up where we lay ours like that.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of a monotone guy on the radio. I don't have that big personality. Are you saying I need to really take command of the stage. Maybe this could be my big breakout moment.
Speaker 6: Fill fill that space with with your with your drewdness. You can do it.
Speaker 2: And uh, I'll definitely start looking at you.
Speaker 6: Got a lot of charisma. We all see. You gotta let it all out on the stage.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm nervous, but first things first, I gotta start looking at that script. I will take your advice there. I can't go back in time and start yesterday, but I will this afternoon.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us, Josh.
Speaker 3: Before we let you go, I know you seemed a little worried about next season, But do you just feel confident in Pope overall that he's gonna get us back to the top soon.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean, I mean, who couldn't it was.
Speaker 7: It was an a year, absolutely an a my only being not an a plus.
Speaker 6: Because we didn't beat Arkansas. We've done that. It's definitely a plus.
Speaker 7: We got to a second weekend for the first time, and wherever he's just all Kentucky. We got Kentucky kids, we got you know, it's the.
Speaker 6: Culture is just people are excited. I think everybody.
Speaker 7: Needed to change, including cow I think we're all better for it.
Speaker 6: And I do want to ask this though. I think it's kind of interesting. Louisville's back.
Speaker 8: They've had a.
Speaker 7: Great, great recruiting cycle. Right now, what do you guys, what do you guys say about that?
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll cut that part out of the podcast. You're you're really on fire till that last line, but I guess.
Speaker 2: We'll tipally about it. Okay, there, What do you think.
Speaker 7: Got to my cousin, Sheldon, who's who's a Louisville fan who listens in and he's a big louisvill fan.
Speaker 6: I know he's excited, but it worries me a little. Guys, right, they're back too, you like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, they've had some good additions, but I don't even think Zach was born yet. The last time they want tournament game, so baby steps for Louisville. They haven't beaten Kentucky and it feels like a millennium.
Speaker 2: We'll let them win the.
Speaker 3: Last I mean, I want them to lose every game, but when they actually start losing every game, I'll admit it gets a little sad. Like when Kenny Payne was there, they tried to lose every game. It was my wish for many years. When it happened, I thought, all right, we need you to put up a little bit of a fight or this isn't fun. So yeah, I like when they're kind of back, if that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Right right.
Speaker 7: I like it when they're good, except just not as good, just not as good.
Speaker 3: Well, I like your enthusiasm there about Pope and the Cats moving forward. You were a Robertson and not a pal and that answer there, So it's good to hear from you again.
Speaker 2: I'm that's an old reference right there. It sure is. Keep holding down Austin for us.
Speaker 3: I know the two games we played there this past year, basketball and football didn't go well. But it's a lot of fun seeing you there and BBN taking over that city a couple of times. I hope we're back soon.
Speaker 7: That was a lot of fun seeing you know when you're like, when I come home for a while, I have to adjust and I'll see somebody looks like I'll see like a Kentucky license plate and I'll be like, Kentucky. Oh yeah, I'm in Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Everyone was here the whole weekend. I was like, Hey, Kentucky.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Kentucky's in town. Look go bigoo oh Kentucky. They're in town. So that was a lot of fun for me. So everybody, please come to Austin. It makes me, It makes me happy.
Speaker 3: That was a fun one. Blue definitely took over. And thanks for you hopping on and taking over KSR with us for a few minutes. We appreciate your time. Enjoy whatever you're working on now, and we'll all be looking out for us coming out soon.
Speaker 6: Hey break a leg, Drew, Okay.
Speaker 3: Like that's actual lygo thanks Josh good.
Speaker 2: I'll google it and learn what that means. Thanks Josh.
Speaker 3: Sounds like the pro there telling me I should have already looked at my script.
Speaker 2: Just two actors, you know, talking ball. You know, yeah, that's right. I mean we're basically the same person. Jack. You hear from Josh occasionally.
Speaker 3: He does you even heard it there in his answers, he does get in a little bit of panic mode about what's going on with the roster. He's not like a fan that pops in and he's the wife for a day and goes back to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: He lives and breathes Kentucky basketball.
Speaker 5: I remember the first time I ever interact with it, like, you know, big big deal cougar TWN like I have known the stardom of Josh Hopkins forever. I remember I drove myself to Saint Louis to go have a one on one with Cameron Fletcher and he DM me right afterwards said, hey, I listened to every single sources say I really appreciate what you do.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: That was a really great interview. You know, you know that he was a little nervous to be on with you, and I'm like, what is this dude reaching out to me like saying, hey, your craft is I appreciate your I'm like, you're you're on TV, You're you're the star here. We don't belong in the same conversation, in the same circle. So I really appreciated that. So he's an og od Kentucky fan, OGKSR fan.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 3: I mentioned at the time when we were down in Austin the night before the football game, a bunch of us got together to watch the basketball game. It was one of those early non conference conference ones. And uh, Luckett and Raush from KSR there for the football game, and uh they came up to meet Josh and Kevin Richardson from the Backstreet Boys. I mean, this is this is some high star study. Yeah, this is some this is this is some A listers. And Kevin Richdon looks at Lucky. He's like, I know, Lucket, I was listening to eleven personnel on my way. And so it's crazy. You see these big UK fans and it's not just symbolism to their hometown. They are dialed in on everything happening with UK. And uh, we'll take a break now we'll talk about more of what's happening with UK. Get more of your calls on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. It was a fun interview with Josh. It was fun confessing what I'm doing in my free time, and we'll be right back with more. Welcome back to Kentucky Sports Radio Drew Franklin with Jack Pilgrim and Zach Gagan making his KSR radio debut. Dunbar z own Zach Gagan. Gotta let him know right, let him know where you're from. Shout to the Bulldogs, Yeah, shout out to the bulldogs. Indeed, I've had a few people ask me where they can watch me absolutely bomb on stage here in a few weeks. LCT on Stage dot org is where you can buy tickets. If you go, it won't just be me bombing on stage. There'll be a lot of people having fun. There's a there's an auction you can participate in to help out. There'll be some drinks. We'll have some fun there and if you can't go, you can donate online or participate in the auction online.
Speaker 2: But go to LCT on Stage. Check that out.
Speaker 3: Also a little piece of news, Rick tells me here in about eight minutes, we're getting kicked off KRD in Louisville. Louisville Bats have a game today. So if you're listening in Louisville or online on KRD, switch over to w L A P and Lexington or any of the other affiliates around the state. Speaking of Louisville Bats, damn Louisville Cards got us. Last night guys, Cats traveled to Louisville to play in the Battle of the Bluegrass. It's a close game. Kentucky ends up losing four to three in ten innings. It was a four straight game. Kentucky was tied going into the ninth. Uh it even got us scored a run in the tenth, but Louell had two in the bottom of the tenth. Kentucky use seven pitchers. The first six held u of l to two runs, but it unraveled in the bottom of the tenth and we lost another one to the dang Cards. It's now fourteen out of eighteen loosen to Louisville for the Batcats. Just it stinks losing the Cards in any sport. I don't I don't want our rowing team to lose to Louisville.
Speaker 4: Softball beat them a couple days here there you go, let's just focus on softball.
Speaker 5: Just do a segment on softball instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or all the basketball wins. But you know, we did have to hold an l last Night Cats fall to eighteen and twelve overall, five and seven in the SEC. They played a lot of ranked teams lately. And it doesn't get any easier because this upcoming weekend, Texas is coming to Lexington. See Texas's ranked second, So maybe we can, you know, get back on trap. I can upset Texas. But a tough loss there in Louisville at Patterson Stadium. Somebody said they got a little not necessarily a fight, we got a little mixing it up a little before the game.
Speaker 2: So the rivalry, it's in all sports, bad blood across the board.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: The rivalry was extending online as well. Our our good friend Daniel Hager was kind of getting himself into some some social media beef. I noticed with some Louisville fans drew some blocks, got some I got blocked a couple of times. I think that's how you know that you've ruffled the right feathers. Though, So shout out to our boy Daniel for doing that. But yeah, can tuck little. Media is just soft in general, though, so I feel like getting blocked by them isn't It isn't like the equivalent of getting blocked by somebody of substance elsewhere, you know, sure.
Speaker 2: Uh, speaking of Louisville.
Speaker 3: Having my notes here, this is kind of kind of oldest news came out over the weekend, But I've been meaning to get some basketball thoughts on it is. I saw Rick schedule a game with Louisville. We're gonna have a little Saint John's Louisville maybe in the works. He mentioned that at the Final Four. My man Rick is just circling all the old hits.
Speaker 5: You know, he likes to talk.
Speaker 3: Is also come back to Big Blue Nation for there's been talking maybe playing Pope one year. You know, out of nowhere, just made a video telling Kentucky fans not to boo cal you are the coach of Saint John's Rick. But it's he he's trying to get back and play the old Loisll cards. What do you think that's like and what that'll be like in Louisville or wherever the game will be.
Speaker 5: It's just funny that there was so much about the thirtieth anniversary of the you know, three decades of celebrating the ninety six team and all that, and then now it's like, oh, yeah, we by the way, we got Louisville on the schedule and Kentucky might get an exhibition game or something. It just I feel like, you know, he plays, he plays to whatever audience is feeding his ego at the time, so it's unfortunate. I do wish that we could get a Saint John's pairing for that thirtieth anniversary. I know that's very important, more so because I think that means we will get the denim jerseys for that one. But it does just kind of feel like he's just, you know, playing to his audiences, and you know, I don't. I don't necessarily love that.
Speaker 3: I thought he had too much bad blood with Louisville and Adidas to even give them that game. I thought it was interesting he scheduled that. I guess pat Kelsey has turning everybody around trying to make louis Akael. Even Josh had nice things to say. It's getting weird, Zach. I missed the old Patino cow days at least how the rival was pretty heated back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of oddly not. I don't get it twisted.
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 4: I do not like Louisville, but I was and I was excited to see them actually have like a real, like Division I level basketball team this past season. And as much as it is easy to make fun of Pat Kelsey, he definitely seems to be like a coach. He's got a bunch of guards coming in through the portal. But it'll just make it even sweeter when the w is hanging up again in December.
Speaker 5: It makes the falls hurt worse for them whenever they get that that growing belief, like when the whole number ten and the eight people and we're like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: And then were yesterday?
Speaker 5: They get up here and then they just tank and in reality sets in that they are still and always and forever will be little brother. It just makes that, you know, it's the long term reward that that it's very fulfilling.
Speaker 3: Now they're talking a lot of trash online right now. I just want to remind them you lost the head the head. You're way behind in the eight final a peop pole, and you didn't win a tournament game while Kentucky made the second weekend. So enjoy your portal commitments. They're highly ranked. Good for you, I'm patting you on the back, but you're still way beneath the University of Kentucky and you're still not back.
Speaker 4: I watched that Creighton team slice them up with my own two eyes from court side, and it was it was very fun actually to watch, especially because the whole crowd was red.
Speaker 2: Since you were there.
Speaker 3: I heard some reports of lots of l's down on the Repparna camera. Did we have the home camera just finding UK fans in the crowd.
Speaker 4: It definitely happened several times. Actually it was children adults like it was. It didn't matter who was on there. If the el's were going down, it was clearly a Repperena, you know, Kentucky fan operating the JumboTron there. But yeah, it happened several times down the stretch there when it was obvious that Louisville was going to lose that one.
Speaker 2: Was it you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Did you get punched? I?
Speaker 4: No, not in my stern. No, I avoided some punches that time.
Speaker 3: Kentucky had some scheduling news. Billy and I mentioned it on Monday, adding Bellerman, but what games are you most excited about?
Speaker 2: Next year?
Speaker 3: We got Champions Class in New York again against Michigan State. CBS Classic hasn't been announced location yet, could be Vegas could be Atlanta, Gonzaga and Nashville.
Speaker 2: Got Indiana coming to rup.
Speaker 3: You go to Louisville, well know, an acc SEC challenge opponent eventually, Jack, you go to most of these, if not all of them.
Speaker 2: Which one do you have circled for both location and for opponent.
Speaker 5: I think just for the freshness and the newness. I think Indiana just getting that back, and you know, there's so I feel like there's just been so much drama about the scheduling of this and all they're scared of us. They don't want to play us again, and it's like, well, you actually don't think about you. So it's not necessarily that we don't want to, it's just that you don't matter enough for us to care to put you on the schedule. So I do I'm excited to just kind of just rip that band aid off and say all right, yeah, let's just beat them down and you know, make them remember why they have been irrelevant for so long and just kind of you know, get keep keep the train rolling down the track.
Speaker 4: You got one your eye in Zach Well, I do like the Indiana one just because it's kind of renewing the whole rivalry of that, and it feels different because the not playing Indiana was kind of a cal thing and I've got pope and then Indiana has a no new coach as well, a coach that actually seems semi competence, so they should have like a pretty decent team going forward. But I think the good Zaga and Nashville game will be really fun. That's just another excuse for fans to go down to Nashville and really take over that city as well. And hopefull I'm sure Gonzaga will have another top twenty five team as well coming in, so.
Speaker 3: I'm fired up for that one. Already bought my tickets. We have a group of eight. We tried to get behind the bench, and we did, but after we bought them, it looks like we're behind the Gonzago bench. So Mark fu is gonna know I'm there before we take a break. Like Marshall's wife, that's right, I will be her in that game. Let me tell you about Court BBN. Spring is sprung and that means you're getting outside more, whether that's doing yard work or just staying acted by biking or running for most increased physical activity when the weather gets warmer can lead to aches, pains, and injuries. That's where Court Physical Therapy can help you. At Court, our therapist know what it takes you to help, know what it takes to help you hell and get back to the things you enjoy, while also helping you prevent future injuries from happening. With over seventy locations statewide, it's easy to find a center near you. Go to Court dot com. That's ko RT dot com. We're gonna get back to the phone lines. Had people waiting. We appreciate you holding on. We'll take your questions. This is Drew, Jack and Zach and we will be right back after this break. Drew Franklin here with Jack Pilgrim, Zach Gagan. Got another read to do I need? Ryan Lemon got a little Stockton mortgage here. Ryan's I think is still out tweeting from the beach like he was from the Monday night championship game. If anyone saw that, I think our boy had gotten into Margarita or seven that night. But it sounds like he and Shannon are having a good time. We got Matt in Amsterdam looking at Tulips, Marios down visiting family in Florida and here in Lexidon, we just keep working and we want to tell you about Stockton Mortgage. Feeling weigh down by high interest debt, Stockton can help you use your equity in your home to pay it down and breathe easier. If you've got equity, turn it into an opportunity. Stockton makes the process simple, one easy, own, one fresh start. You can find out lots more at Stockton dot com. Stockton mortgane. It's mortgage that's in m LS eight two five nine, an equal housing lender and as Ryan likes to say, they're growing with locations all around the state and beyond. Check them out Stocking Mortgage. Let's not got some calls, Rick, We've been making them.
Speaker 2: Wait, we got a few more. Let's just go. Who's up next? Got radio Roon up now? Oh my god, Radio Ron? Thanks for calling in. What's up?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Drew. I'm delighted to talk to you because you and I go a ways back, don't we?
Speaker 5: Oh? We do?
Speaker 8: Well. You were the first to interview me to be a part of the KSR family, Although it was for a slot on KStV.
Speaker 3: The year was twenty eleven, so it's been about fourteen years since you and I talked about Montgomery Cliff in your your actual shops.
Speaker 8: That's right. Well, because of your skill at interviewing, I got a slot on KAZ TV and it's now on YouTube called Radio Ron's Reflection, So be sure to tell all your young colleagues there to check it out.
Speaker 2: You just told them.
Speaker 3: I even made the graphic for Radio Ron's Reflections on TV. So I was just the platform to help you get there. I just stuck a mic in your face and your talent.
Speaker 2: Really sean.
Speaker 8: One more quick thing, Drew. I would wait as long as they're still alive. Nobody goes back farther than I do. Being a rabid UK fan as a ten year old boy in nineteen forty four, my father introduced me to Kentucky basketball. That's eighty years ago. I am now ninety and fit is a fiddle, But I'll never forget that one night we were listening to Alex Closer on the Fabulous Five for years to come. In nineteen forty eight forty nine, as you know, they won national championships and again in fifty one, so I thought they won every year. But I'll never forget being a UK basketball fan at the tender age of ten years old.
Speaker 3: I should have had you on Monday when we were recapping the National Championships. Is that your favorite or do you have a favorite team since then?
Speaker 8: Well, I think the most exciting year for me, Drew, was nineteen sixty six. I was a WBLK and I helped Claude Sullivan with stats. He and Kwood Ledford were the play by play announcers. And what a joy it was to see pat Riley and Louis Dampier and fed Jailus Tommy Kron that crew. I couldn't I cried that night when they lost to Texas Western, of course, but I'll never forget that year. But you know what, Drew, I am so pumped to know that Mark Pope is at the Helm after all those great victories this year, over the top fifteen clubs in the country and going to the Sweet sixteenth. I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 3: Love to hear it. We appreciate you calling in, Ron. It's always good to hear from you. Ron's seen a lot of wins. Ron's even got a lot of his own wins and all his track and field a Vincy does. Ron one of our favorite callers. And we go way back, so it's good to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Ron.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Drew.
Speaker 6: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 2: Who's up next?
Speaker 8: Got Doug up next?
Speaker 2: Doug? Thanks for calling in. Hey, good morning Romeo, oh, Jack and Zach.
Speaker 5: How you guys?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm count Paris. I'm not good enough to be Romeo.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 2: I recently retired and been a fan of the show for twenty years.
Speaker 8: First time listening live and first time calling caller.
Speaker 2: Who wo yeah, look at Zacher here live in Ohio.
Speaker 8: My brother Steve went to Kentucky Brainwash.
Speaker 2: Kids Chris and Jason, and I have two kids, Adam and Eric. Finn fans for a long time.
Speaker 8: Drew, you talked about the Wolf kids from Michigan, and I'm Ohio guy, and I.
Speaker 5: Don't like Michigan, but I like his game. Did we ever hear is he gonna go into the portal?
Speaker 8: Really enjoyed watching his game.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: I was a big Danny Wolf fan all season, even though when I finally gathered the KSR guys around the TV to watch Michigan in the NCAA tournament while we were in Milwaukee at our airbnb, I kept saying here he comes, get ready for Danny Wolf. And he did not play well at all, So those guys made fun of me. He's not an option for Kentucky. I think he's even probably heading to the NBA. I haven't followed the news there, but he's projected first round pick. Michigan's talking about replacing him, So I expect that my guy, Danny Wolf will be in the draft. Speaking speaking of the draft, Zach, he wrote yesterday a little recap of some mock drafts. And you know, we've thought all year, might get a guy into the draft.
Speaker 2: Probably not, but.
Speaker 3: Uh, Kobe Brea got a projection in the ESPN's mock draft yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh, Jonathan Dravoni Givoni Givoni Givoni had him fifty fourth to the Indiana Pacers, so an actual nearby team. You can't watch him here in Lexington though, because that would be Yeah, the NBA doesn't want you to watch your local teams. But yeah, Kobe Brad fifty fourth to the Pacers. I think he's probably the one guy on the roster that you think actually can make the you know, can get drafted out of this group. Lamont Butler might have been in that group, say with Jackson Robinson, had it not been for all those injuries, and then if Mary Williams could have shot a three and made a three, he'd be like a top ten pick. If, for being honest, he make he did make a three, he was like a fade away three as well. I think that's maybe Tennessee and then shot one like a minute later in airbaulted. But Kobe Bray has really developed pretty well throughout the whole season, just from the start of the season to the end, I think he might have developed the most of anyone on the roster. You know, Taka kind of had his breakout in the off season, and Amari was good all season, Say would you call it Colin Chandler, But Kobe Braya really proved that he can be a six foot seven scoring or you know, sharp shooting wing in the NBA, and that's kind of all they're looking for. Really got up to his playmaking and defensive skills along the season as well, So I could see him hearing his name called. I would be shocked if there's more than one guy that here's his name called on draft night. Two draft nights now they do it two different nights. But I think Kobe's a He's got a chance to make a nice little NBA career for himself, at least for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: I think in those second late second round picks, who just gets so wild and wacky, like you get you know European guys that stay overseas for a year or two, like they just it's all over the place. So is there a scenario where a team says, you know what, I think there's a diamond in the rough there with Williams, and I don't want anybody to take him as a you know, two way guy. I want to claim him in the draft. Jackson Robinson was a you know, very clear and obvious second round pick the last cycle. Do they view him in the same way and say, hey, we can kind of buy low on him right now? Similar vibe. It's just the second round is so weird. But I hope that you know, Pope gets to see some draft success and just kind of keep that momentum moving forward, because I do think next year is going to be a pretty impressive draft draft cycle for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you put a a MARII does some good interviews, you know, those pre draft interviews. That apparently, you know, matter way too much. He kills those. Maybe he sticks in the back end there as well, So that'd be really cool to see him. He's it's no secret to Mario's my favorite player this year, so I'd love to see him get drafted.
Speaker 3: It sucked to see Jackson Robinson get hurt, obviously, but Braya took a big jump once he kind of took. I think that's a big reason why he's Uh. He's being projected now as a draft pick because he showed a lot most of the year. You know, you knew him as a sharpshooter, but he showed an all around game once he stepped into a bigger role and knew he had to be the guy with Robinson out.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Speaking the NBA, I know you're a big NBA game. Congrats to your Cleveland Calves.
Speaker 4: Don't say that very often they're not here.
Speaker 2: I just meet in general for what they've done so far, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Going to be second in the East to going to the finals.
Speaker 4: Walking Grant's standings would indicate a ten game gap between my team and whatever jack Builder.
Speaker 3: It just hit me, I got a diehard Celtics fan here in a diehard Cabs fan.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 5: There's one national champion right now playing games, and it is the Boston World World Champion, Boston Celtics. I don't know what we're what. We're congratulating the Cleveland Cavaliers for and you're wearing a Patriots shirt.
Speaker 4: This guy loves New England.
Speaker 5: What were you born? Louisville, Kentucky?
Speaker 4: Just big Boston, big tea party guy bound the Celtics and it changes.
Speaker 5: This whole life?
Speaker 2: Is that where it started?
Speaker 5: Rondo? Rondo changed my life.
Speaker 3: You're one of those Tom Brady people that just chasing the front runner. Some of us Titans fans just see a team suck every year and we live with it. You're picking the ones that keep winning. But on the NBA news, what the hell are the Denver Nuggets doing? They fired their coach yesterday. They're currently fourth in the West and the playoffs are about to start and they let them go.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not one they consider here and break down the NBA with you. You all thought most much closer than I do. But I was shocked to see the Nuggets fire gout at this point the season for a team that's still in the mix the texts.
Speaker 5: I got one twenty six immediately after the Shams bomb. No, what are the nuggets stupid? From our very own Zach Gega.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just it was very odd timing because I know that the West is really bunched up right now from like spots three through eight, so they could easily like kind of fall out of the playoffs and maybe get in the play in So but it is an interesting decision because Michael Loon's a pretty good coach and they have arguably the best player in the world right now, and a lot of it just felt like they didn't put a good team around Yokic and that's why they're struggling, and they just had to find there, you know, they had to find the the scapegoat, if you will. So they'd fired both the coach and the GM a week or two before the playoffs. I will never understand it, but it sounds like there was a lot of infighting with the locker room and Michael Malone went on. He said in a press come to the other day that all his players weren't watching film, so that's usually and then a day later he was fired. So there's probably a lot of those things are probably connected, but you know, after the Luca trade, I just everything is. Everything's on the table now, like nothing will surprise me anymore.
Speaker 2: Your Celtics last night won.
Speaker 3: But Cat had a big game, Carl thirty four points, fourteen rebounds. Cat's gonna be all NBA this year. Yeah, our boy Towns. It's working out for him with the Knicks, even though you all got them in overtime last night.
Speaker 5: Christops Porzingis was the storyline in that one.
Speaker 4: That's the old Did they get hurt again?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: He absolutely dominated his old team. It was beautiful thirty two. I think they're about to show it in the ticker, right or are they just going to pass over at whatever? Yeah, Christaps Porzingis was the real storyline. I love Cat, but sorry zing God.
Speaker 3: Looking at the ticker on our big TV here at Ksbar, it's Wingsday, by the way, I'm hanging around for some Wings Day, maybe that Masters player. But looking at the ticker in those NBA scores, completely ignore those because to the far right it says Wednesday at the Masters. I know you all are golf guys.
Speaker 2: But this is the best week of the year, right, Do you even do you care at all? I do you tune in? Do you like the birds chirping? Or you just you just dismiss it.
Speaker 5: It's like the the YouTube TV zen thing. It's it's just that on a constant loop for me. I love it. No, I love the masters.
Speaker 4: Who's the guy that does it? The is it nance? Yeah, he's retiring, by the way, Yeah, in like a decade. I saw that eleven years from now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I do enjoy listening to him call that type of stuff. So, but I'm not a big golfer, so I don't think I've actually regularly golf since middle school. But I will say I'm gonna I actually just learned yesterday. I'm going to Florida next month and I will be golfing for a day, so I need to. I'm getting a rental club and everything, so I need to.
Speaker 5: I'll have to.
Speaker 4: Me and Jack will have to hit up the old top golf so I can get myself in line again. Jack's back is probably still broken from the last time we played.
Speaker 3: If I can give you advice, I would get rental clubs, not a club. If you're only getting one, I think it might be a long day.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking just the seven iron and that's okay.
Speaker 5: I'm running.
Speaker 3: If there's one, you're just gonna play it. I've played some rounds with just a seven iron having fun. If there I guess that's not the worst to pick. We're gonna take our last break. When we come back. We'll finish up with these guys and maybe even do a rapid reaction.
Speaker 2: To our own radio show. We'll see how this goes. But uh, Drew, Zach and Jack, We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Welcome back into one last segment of Day three of Drew Palooza. This one's brought to us by our friends of corn Bread Hemp. Spring is in the air, and if you're looking to shake off the gloom of winter, our friends at corn Bread Hemp are here to help you start fresh. Relax on warm spring weekends like today with their infused gummies, relieve achy winter joints with their hemp bombs and lotions, and get the rest you deserve with their melatonin freeze sleep gummies. Their USDA organic HMP products are made to help you fill your best just like Nature intended. All their products are made right here in Kentucky and contain the highest quality relief you can buy this spring try the good life for yourself and get twenty percent off your first order with code KSR at checkout. That's cornbreadhimp dot com code ksr cornbread HEIMP.
Speaker 2: This is the good life. It's good life with the weather getting a little better.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: We had Keeenlan a rare Monday Tuesday at Kenland. None of us were able to go. But yesterday Burnham square punched his ticket to the Kentucky Derby. Out there and tomorrow there's a horse named Kobe brea oh running. I need to figure out exactly what race that is, but if you partake in the Keenlan experience, be looking out for Kobe Brean running tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Third race. I'm guessing the King of Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is a horse named Kobe.
Speaker 3: Kobe is not out there actually doing it, but I can only imagine anytime you're out there, that'd be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: But if there's a horse, if you get your program at Kentland and.
Speaker 3: There's a big blue horse or a go cat horse, the odds go crazy.
Speaker 2: You can just we're Kentucky fans. We're crazy. We can't help ourselves.
Speaker 3: Throw off all the stats metrics that you're betting by name, and if there's a Kobe Bray out there tomorrow, I bet there's gonna be a lot of money on Kobe brand.
Speaker 5: It's a good marketing idea. You know, if you even if you just if you know you have a dut of a horse like you know, at worst you can you can name it something creative and get Bbing involved to you know, add some intrigue, even if you know it's not gonna win the race.
Speaker 3: I can't sneak out there tomorrow. We'll be watching that one Tomorrow. I'm back at Chaos Bar and Grill for one more time this week. I think I have to be in studio Friday, still figuring that out. But tomorrow I will be here in the same seat, finally gonna let Jack Pilgrim live his life without bringing him in Jacket's been fun having you for two days, especially yesterday that was an all timer, Zach. It's been good in having you today making your debut. But tomorrow we're gonna change gears and we're gonna get excited about spring football. I know everyone out there is fired up about Kentucky football right now.
Speaker 5: Can we just keep another two hours and keep this role that I'm dying to hear about it.
Speaker 3: I know you're excited about football. You're big football guys, people know on Twitter. But Lucket's gonna join me. No one knows as much about Kentucky football as Adam Luckett. Mark Stoops doesn't even know as much as Adam Luckett. But he's gonna make the trip to Lexington. I think he's over right now, actually maybe hearing from bush Hampton as we speak. But Luckett will join me. I think Billy's gonna pop back on. But we'll still stay on top of the portal movement and all the things that during these busy times for Kentucky basketball. But today or tomorrow we will focus heavily on what's happening.
Speaker 2: Over there with the Cats. I feel like we haven't talked about him much at all. They're being pretty quiet.
Speaker 4: Just got a big commitment from a twenty twenty seven quarterback JA Hunter.
Speaker 2: DJ Hunter.
Speaker 4: He's a Lexington native. I believe as well.
Speaker 2: Look at that, look at you already breaking it. Maybe you should do the football show.
Speaker 4: No, no, luck it would be much much better than I would.
Speaker 2: No, I'm excited to have a look.
Speaker 5: You guys are both very complimentary.
Speaker 4: I know what's going on in the recruiting scene. That that would be my expertise there.
Speaker 3: If I may brag on my KSR slash on three colleagues. Sure, we all have our titles. You guys are the basketball beat Riders, but everyone knows a lot about everything. Like Lucket, he'll be all break down the portal if he needs to. You all know football pretty well. Sometimes we gotta write stories about soccer baseball. You know, you can't do this job without being tuned to BBN. And both of you do a great job. Shout out your podcast and everything you got going on.
Speaker 5: Sources a podcast, We have a good time. I think we're gonna try to do one today. Obviously there's lots to talk about and a lot of moving parts, so we would been a minute to We got to catch up on some very new Newsy things.
Speaker 4: Ye we do zoom Action with Steven Peak producing. Myself and Brandon Ramsey are on the screen and it's just a film breakdown show on YouTube. It's we don't do a podcast for it. It's mostly a visual thing. But we've actually already been talking about once once the portal class is kind of all put together, we're gonna do some some breakdowns and film breakdowns of all the guys. Brain has actually been doing stuff on the YouTube channel already, like individual player breakdowns, but we'll do more in depth stuff on how they'll fit with Kentucky over the next couple of weeks months, things like that, he drew.
Speaker 5: I feel like we have been attacked. We're under attack on a national level right now. What's on social media? Have you seen the controversy with the Florida student reporter and her pot a little bit, yes, essentially cheering. I heard Maggie talking about it with Billy this.
Speaker 4: We actually do have some takes on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. We were short on Tom, but a.
Speaker 5: Lot of it is like wearing Kentucky gear on press row and potentially cheering on press row, and I feel, uh, you know, that's my thing. You know, I really enjoy it, and I do feel like this is a very chaos r specific. I can't speak up in this controversy because everybody's like, oh, you should never the audacity of you to wear something on press row. Yeah, that's that's kind of what we do.
Speaker 2: Can I we're a fan site.
Speaker 3: I would paint my face if if I felt like it when I interviewed you, didn't I ask you like, would you rather fight?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 5: Tyler Ulyss says something's or Isaac Humphrey side. Sometimes I don't got that question that was in your job interview. Do you think we're taking this very seriously? No, we are fans and we make that very clear. Our bosses tell us you have to be be the homer. You fans want you to be the Homer, So like you know, we we'd lean into it quite heavily, but it is. It is funny just seeing the national reaction to this fliter reporter just like giving a nice like mini fist bump on press Round'm like, man, you should not be filming me on press rock.
Speaker 3: If you didn't have to blog. I'm pretty sure you would be wearing foam fingers on both hands on press row. That's that's how until you get We try not to cheer too much and be over the top, but you can't help but give a fist bump. The three of us sitting next to each other rup you know we'll be slamming knees when there's a bit jack in the legs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: You also went on three puts out these spreadsheets across the company. Who's doing the most work. You too, always have like some of the most posts, so great job on everything you do. Follow us at Ducky sports radio dot com and all those channels, and thanks for being here today. Like I said, I got luck. At tomorrow, Billy, we'll talk football. Still haven't given a Master's preview. We'll do that tomorrow. But it was another fun Wednesday, Day three of Drew Palooza. Two days left. Ryan and channe'll be back next week, but tomorrow I'm back at KSBAR.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll tune in for today. We'll sign off for twenty two hours. Thanks for listening. This was KSR