Speaker 1: I remember this because I remember you're saying, like, Yo, what are you doing? Yeah, I don't know where I am right now? And I sit down and chair. That's what the fuck is going on with you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I said you need like you need to get someone. This is as like I just got goosebumps. This is as we're finishing everything up. You can tell like that is just trying to communicate something.
Speaker 1: You just stuck. What do you need? What to do? I don't know You're big ass? Did I appreciate it before? Yeah? Figure it out.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not playing with it like that.
Speaker 1: Quit playing with it like that. I just got to get it set up.
Speaker 2: This pau has gotten a little too sexual. It's got a little too sexual, and you know it's it's my fault, but it is.
Speaker 3: But I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking imitation is the best form of flying or something like that.
Speaker 1: What's the phrase? Is that the phrase?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Oh, people don't just cross their legs.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Yeah, you got the full cross to the full cross my dick and balls.
Speaker 2: Like like this. Then up right now, you should have seen they're getting stronger every day. They get a little bit stronger. And I don't need to talk. Listen, some people just built different, right, we played the same position, but look at us, we are built different. In the boys before you walked in, Will and I both were that. You see you on the field and you're a massive man, but when you're next to you, it's like, wow, he's really a fucking big dude. Like you and I, you sitt next to each other meetings before COVID and I would put my leg next year is when it was fully as big as it could be, and it's like two three times of size.
Speaker 1: Have you always been that bang? That's always be in high school?
Speaker 3: Let's get that mic a little closer. Don't be shy, Yeah, don't be shy.
Speaker 1: I like I played basketball, so I was like I was always tall, but I was I was a toothpicked like I'd get blown blown around by like strong gust to win, you get blown oh yeah, And so I didn't bulk up until that second semester of my senior year. Yeah. So but like, yeah, I've always been like really tall and like really, so you went from.
Speaker 2: Your freshman year you're getting blown around. Your second year you were doing the blowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, let's go with that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying, if we're using the phrase right, you went from getting blown to blowing. Yes, So how how big were your freshman year high school? Freshman year high school is six four one ninety wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot of house before we get fully going this, This podcast is brought to you by Barty.
Speaker 2: I just want to put that out there so we all got a click and seen Tennison's one.
Speaker 1: No. I love this. I love the energy like you had like the twenty minute. I went to the facility.
Speaker 2: I went to the facility. I tested and went in the facility and I did a couple of things with them. A couple of days my leg blew up and I was like, I'm gonna just get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you picked the old dusty trail too. Did you hear about this? Yeah, well told me all that.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so for anybody who's obviously all the people that are listening right now, we have such a huge audience billions. I went in and Rabel loves Rabel loves the trio of me, Will and Rabel. He loves the dynamic. But more than anything, he loves Will. He fucking he fucking loves Will.
Speaker 3: It depends on the day.
Speaker 1: So I go, I go and I do my five days at testing whatever.
Speaker 2: Six day, I go in and I go to a team meeting because Will told me that Rabel texting him about you and DB's.
Speaker 4: Me posting dB putting on the neck brace the yellow jersey and talking about other people's injuries and putting it on some Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's like, we'll see what the team has decided tomorrow. So I'm like, I'm going to the team meeting. Didn't even go to rehab that day. Yeah, so I go, I go to the I go to the team meeting, and uh, Rabel's didn't note I sat in the corner all the way in the not in the back, like way off to the side. Yeah, Rabel didn't notice me that I was there, and just fucking went off on Will. And then the next day apparently that's what I did. That was my last day, and I dip forever, and uh, I guess the next day Rabel had placed the Houston game where I was just fucking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then when Ty was like killing it too, like Tylight came down on like a down block and washed the guy.
Speaker 4: Out of the way. Taylor picked a great day to miss.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, like like I've been there the whole time, Like I've been there the whole fucking time.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: That's that's If I was there full time, I would not have loved it. But being being disconnected, it's like, it's funny. It's a breath of fresh air, is being disconnected. Sometimes it is a breath of fresh air, especially with rapes, because here's the deal with rapes. Rabes loves joking. He loves joking on you. But the minute you joke back, I'm just kidding. It's just a joke, and you're like, hey, please, hey, please don't hurt my feeling that man, Like, if you're gonna joke, let me joke back, and then we'll joking.
Speaker 1: Then it'll be over.
Speaker 3: We'll be like, you don't have to hurt my feelings now, Like it's done.
Speaker 1: That's fucking game over. So it's a one lay street with Frable and sometimes.
Speaker 3: You never know if he's joking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't love a good job of like playing it like yeah.
Speaker 3: Because even the the Darren Baits stuff, he was like.
Speaker 4: I was like I checked with dB and he said it was Okay, like I could post this and he goes, We'll let the team decide in the morning.
Speaker 1: We'll let the team to be judging. That be the judge in the morning something.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe he's joking, because if he brings up to the team and allows the team to decide, I'm sure they'll double down with him, and I'll still be at the butt of the joke, but at least i'll know it's more of a joke.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: The next day.
Speaker 3: He was like going in and.
Speaker 4: I feel like he was starting to think, like, I'm gonna go a joke, but then he just started to pick up on whatever you're saying and just started.
Speaker 3: To get like upset about Yeah, I believe in his own hype.
Speaker 4: He's like, he goes me i'd fucking go right after his hip, and then we moved on the next thing, and.
Speaker 3: I was just kind of sitting there and we were judging there a whole tight for the.
Speaker 4: Rest of the day, like, fuck, I'm about to be cut twice in the same year.
Speaker 2: See what like As an ouncer looking at when I got there and I saw Rable going off on you there, every part of me was like oh, this is a funny joke by Rabel.
Speaker 1: Did the set last about five minutes too long? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it's like timing, right, yeah, timing, great head coach, stand up comedian.
Speaker 1: He's up and down. Yeah, he's up and down. But he loves it.
Speaker 2: He loves this half an hour team meetings. And I can't fucking wait for this b N O t as. I can't wait for this part. He's gonna show the ship. But oh yeah, Taylor, all right, and just be easy on it. It's not like you got to find out if it's broken.
Speaker 1: I got you. You hear it. I heard it.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, like, hey, be easy on it, like act like you've been there anyway.
Speaker 1: I could be a country star if I wanted to.
Speaker 3: You were saying, he's gonna bring this up in O t A.
Speaker 1: No, that was it.
Speaker 2: I'll bring it up and he'll he'll joke on me, and I'll sit there and be embarrassed.
Speaker 1: My face will get all red.
Speaker 2: And then he said they're smiling. He's smiling, God damn it. And I'll just be thinking I'm gonna be the biggest fucking country star ever.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, and get your jokes. So Taylor Taylor thinks he can be a country music star. Before the pod got going, Taylor was singing for the Boys. It was a great time. You'll see it on this week's Under the Hood.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But apparently he thinks he's going straight to the top. He's going platinum.
Speaker 1: Can't go platinum in country music? But yes, I uh are you saying that because like they actually can't or they just like statistically it's very.
Speaker 2: No, No, you actually can't. I don't think country music allows you to go platinum. I think I've learned that now. Once again, I want to triple down on what I've said about Kip Moore. I don't so disrespect to him. I just could do it. You just feel like you got that. Yeah, you got that. I can't play some guitar, but I got ernest for that. Can't write music, but I got earnest for that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if I can just get on stage and fucking do the song with the couple of tweakens, I just feel like sky's the limit. You know you you would have a good stage presence. I am a I'm a great front. Like if you're in the WWE. They judge like being on the mic a skill.
Speaker 4: What do they call it, like, they say, is Mike skills or they what do they say ring skills or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd be.
Speaker 3: Top notch cool?
Speaker 1: Is that the official phreezing? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just doing my best accompliment yourself. I feel like you've got a great, great presence in front of crowds.
Speaker 1: You're the talent. You need the workhorse behind the scenes to set everything up for it to make me look better than I am. And I think that's Earnest. Sure I would. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm going on Ernest's podcast tomorrow. It was is it JB?
Speaker 1: Just being Earnest? Just being Earnest?
Speaker 2: I'll be on there tomorrow for But when does he come by? He comes out weekly every Monday, so you'll be hearing this on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Just get excited. You're gonna hear the boy on on Monday on JB. That'll be exciting for us.
Speaker 4: Would you like you and Dennis to switch spots and we can just interview you.
Speaker 3: I am taking it a little too much.
Speaker 1: I an't doing that.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta dude, I fucking lie. No, fort was just like looking at it. I was just like going in his head.
Speaker 2: I have a little bit about my habit time I have I have it a little bit about me. Sorry, I woke up this Moore my name, was feeling great, had a great workout, and you're in a good mood.
Speaker 1: I'm in a great mood. You know.
Speaker 2: I was pissed off last night. But you know why? Why what do you think? Because I remember what you said from we got in a car wreck last night.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I need to be reminded.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: So let's backtrack a week.
Speaker 2: The boys is on here for a big reason because, uh, we play Rocket League, we play rest, we play dumb.
Speaker 1: You're here for more reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only reason. That is the only reason that is on. Because he hangs out with us once in a while via virtual Yeah, and I was not playing hot in Rocket League. Usually I played pretty bass. And my friend from Arizona came back from Arizona to me into Nashville. So I'm like, my buddy's here. Well, will start throwing a little shade at the boy. He starts hurting my feelings a little bit, talking about how father tied everyone catch us out.
Speaker 1: Father time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the young man gave slowed down. So I that happened Tuesday last week, and I've been thinking about it since Tuesday last week.
Speaker 1: It's Monday the next week.
Speaker 2: Last night we played and I fucking went off and I was talking ship to you and you pissed me off, and I have to let all that steam out.
Speaker 1: You did go on.
Speaker 2: Hey, my soul feels great. Yeah, because you get a lot on your chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saved myself.
Speaker 2: You went so hard. You took a you took a weird shot at Corey. No, Corey got but heart about me calling him a cupcake. That's what I'm saying. You're like, hey, Corey, you built like a cup You look like a cupcake.
Speaker 1: You look like a muffin. Why would he be mad about that? Like it wasn't like so many he got so mad that it was I almost have to get off. I was so uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Really well, you could tell he was hot because of the shots he was taking. He goes, that'd be dope if I look like that, And I'm thinking, oh, I mean no, like you're you're.
Speaker 1: Just you're just saying whatever's coming to your mind.
Speaker 3: You feel like you're not you're.
Speaker 2: Not bothered by trying to filibuster me, Like he's trying to talk so much that the thing kind of just went away.
Speaker 3: No, I I would love if I looked like ship.
Speaker 2: And then he then Corey got a cupcake vibe to him and it's not an insult, and they started calling me.
Speaker 1: But it came out of nowhere. That's where I feel like it was all your shot everybody.
Speaker 4: Dude, Oh, yeah, you're on me, and he's like, you're going harder, Will, and I think I don't know something was said and then you're like, dude, you look like a cupcake murdering. Hey, we're all just kind of sitting there playing hey, like the like the kid at the fast food where he's.
Speaker 1: Just kind of like the fucking ginger hair kids like back up, Jesus cry Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then he comes with and was going off fun and then his best clip back was calling you a pencil, which was terrible, and I had.
Speaker 1: To think about that at first.
Speaker 4: I said, Oh, he's talking about the way he's built, and I was just like, he's heard, he's damaged, he's damn.
Speaker 2: With my writing, says are trash. But I'll tell you what pencils that they write checks. So calm your fucking ass down, Corey, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after he was like, oh Corey, Corey shook. Corey shook a little bit, like, I'll tell you who shook right now?
Speaker 1: Is me my pencil?
Speaker 2: Calm up right?
Speaker 1: The checks I got four guys. Get back on that though. People think this motherfucker writes checks with a pencil, and Dennis.
Speaker 2: Are just always like, yeah, yeah, it's a fucking.
Speaker 4: Thirst in the bag, like these dumb fucking athletes pro chack the pencils up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I want to make so much money being in country music stars a fucking matter. Okay, Well, Dennis, well the fucking podcast. We're sixteen minutes and you said four words. Let's say a little bit about you one ninety five six or four blowing dudes at uh sophomore year high school. Yeah, hey listen, that's what he said. And then uh and then you fucking get happened?
Speaker 1: What did you scholarshipart? Were you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Were you a late bloomer early bloomer?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Super late, super late? Yeah, so like because I was playing basketball and football, like I was kind of getting recruited for both, and like supposedly they were saying like, well, we're not sure if he's going to pick football, We're not sure he's going to pick basketball. Like they were trying to play the game with me a little bit there. Yeah, So I didn't get an offer until like a month before senior year football started, and at that point, like recruiting really started to pick up football wise. But it was one of those things where I was a tight end. I was tall as lanky, my shoulders weren't as broad as they are now. So they're like, well, yeah, but you're not really fast enough to be a tight end. Right, let's let's be clear here, But like, are you gonna get big enough? That's a good picture. But uh so, like the big ten schools were talking to me, but not really interested. MAX schools started to draw some interest, but they were moving and then so like and then like my brother was just done with Eastern Illinois and they're one Double A and they're like, we'd love to have you, but you're not gonna come here, so they wouldn't offer any so I had nothing. We're just in it, like, Yo, what the fuck is going on here? Am I really just back that. Could you just start it? Just just give me one, please, Dear God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've always looked like that? Yeah, tell about cupcakes is a weird.
Speaker 4: When I received my painting, I was blown away at how well Paint your Life did. My mother loved it. She had an amazing She had a phenomenal Christmas gift. All you have to do is go to Paint Yourlife dot com. There's no risk if you don't love the final painting, your money is refunded, guaranteed and right now, as a limited time offer from the Boys, you get twenty percent off your painting. That's right, twenty percent off and free shipping. To get this special offer, text the word boys b o Ys to sixty four thousand. That's Boys to number sixty four thousand. Text Boys to sixty four thousand. Paint your life celebrate the moments that matter most.
Speaker 1: But like dribbling, I was, yeah, did you play?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Did you ever go play a racket? Purdue? Oh? Yeah, I broke I broke it backboard?
Speaker 2: Really were you the best players on like the football team?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know how everybody in football go the NBA when everyone short?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really? Yeah? Yeah, so he his high school team won state in Indiana, and he had each one more a bunch of like really great college basketball players, like a couple of the Purdue guys. But he was just as good as as a lot of them. Obviously. You know his body like he's he's tall, and he's he's round her, but like he can move like he was.
Speaker 2: Really we had some guys like that Michigan too, that would go to play a reckon they on the football field, be like this guy can't move and you put him the basketball court and then all of a sudden like yeah.
Speaker 1: Just do that. What do you do on the field? Yeah, but do that?
Speaker 2: Ship him? I can't play basketball to save my life.
Speaker 1: Kawan short? Is he still at with Carolina? He goes?
Speaker 2: So him and Star were dominant for a while. You don't you play Carolina. He was in the middle and tough and obviously I Purdue, he was a stud too. You guys had a lot of talent there when when you well, I guess you're a year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but let's you know, let's Purdue. Yeah right, it's like the do you want?
Speaker 1: I do know?
Speaker 4: Let's not dis like that just mich Yeah, what is Michigan talking about y'all just rehired Harball signed him. Yeah, you guys, but look at you guys. You looked at his work. You looked at his work, and you're like, Oh, this is what Michigan's about. Let's re up him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, but you guys care I played for the Tennessee Titans. Don't, don't. Don't.
Speaker 3: Don't pull out an insurance policy.
Speaker 1: Cut me in. I go somewhere else, not playing for them.
Speaker 3: Don't pull an insurance policy.
Speaker 1: How it fucking works with me? Dude? You guys both know that.
Speaker 3: No, Nope, to me, that's just an interest.
Speaker 1: No, you're saying no, no, No. What I'm saying is, yeah, is that like when you're talking about bouncy ball? Yeah, like when he is killing it. You know you're wearing the letterman jaet. He came out, I don't have a letterman.
Speaker 4: He came out and said it goes Tom Brady, me and then everyone else without thinking.
Speaker 2: Thinking Charles Woodson, Dude, I have a conversation with you, young man.
Speaker 1: Office Like, obviously Woodson, you're a stud. I also come on with more of the boys. We'd like to awesome.
Speaker 2: Stud dude, Dude, he is an animal yeah, Hey, I got a cool, cool story about it. Was the first time I came back to Missions in the summer time out of court.
Speaker 1: I had court to go to court, like uh, Woodson and I think Hutchinson.
Speaker 2: And Long had like the shirty event and I was on stage sheet with my boys. Was like the main the main road there and that we're getting after it like it's summertime. We are getting the funk after it like that. We have many pools. I'm sitting in that pool and I'm peeding that thing about sixteen times. I dredge about seventeen beers. Well, Woodson pulls up. He sees me, and he pulls up and I'm with all my college boys and Wodz'd's like walk come here, and I'm like, holy fuck, what's a no doubt that's cool ship.
Speaker 1: He came up at me up and he's like, hey, you go to Thinking that.
Speaker 2: I was like I'm gonna be there, like you know now, mister cool guy, right like, hey, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I showed up to that damn thing so drunk, Like there was about halfway through. Jake Long's Wife's like, hey, it's probably time to go home. My eyes out there, dude, man. But yeah, court well though too, so it seemed like you celebrated afterwards.
Speaker 1: No, let's get.
Speaker 2: But yeah, due not being before we got into it with all due respect, you know, not trying to I'm sure to come up as a disrespectful. But what is it like playing playing you know, college football and yeah, knowing you're gonna lose, like not being good. They probably you guys probably didn't think you were gonna lose.
Speaker 4: Come on, so like, hey, I've had a conversations with Ryan Carrigan and who you went to school with, and he's like, yeah, I mean you're the culture, like you know you're gonna lose.
Speaker 3: So you're already talking about what parties like.
Speaker 2: You're just yet like they were, it's gonna go great for produced recruiting process right now.
Speaker 1: Well there were at this point three coaches away from that point now, so like it's a different program. But uh, when I was there, like teams like Ohio State we weren't going to be yeah, and then we ended up beating them twice. Neither were we and then so like you.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of games you won that you were always one game, always be Michigan.
Speaker 1: I had a winning record against Ohio State, but then all would lose to Rice, would lose the Northern Illinois, we would lose to Illinois, like which just we just were so inconsistent and it really was frustrating as hell because you're like, why can we beat this team who is potentially a national champion contender? Right?
Speaker 3: You think they just slept on you though, Like yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean they for sure did, and like like not as much your inconsistency as it is, they slept on you well.
Speaker 1: Like so like when we beat Ohio State the one year Karragan balled out right, they had like three sacks strip sacks, like to recover two of them, Like twelve Prior didn't play very well, Like everything fell our way.
Speaker 2: Remember Trail Prior he had the tattoom. Remember when coming a high school two five star, number one player in the he was a big ass too. Yeah yeah, I mean that always happened to you guys. But like I obviously Michigan, we thought we were gonna win every game. Yeah you know what I'm saying. It was like the opposite. We thought we're gonning all them things and we never really won at all. Predude, Doky, this when you brought up Illinois. I forgot Illinois was even in the fucking big pen.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: You know, like, you go to Champagne. There's somebody in Champagne right now is gone. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm telling but I'm telling you, dude. You go to Champagne and I remember the first time I was going there was my regard freshman year and they're like, okay, when you get down there, it smells like ship down there. I was like, yeah, sure whatever, Like yeah, these are guys are just trying to say whatever. You It smells like shit down there. It smells like cow shit everywhere, and you can play a football game the whole time. You're like, is that fertilizer?
Speaker 1: Like what is that? What does that? Smells?
Speaker 2: Hot dogs and fucking poop.
Speaker 5: And then you leave and you're like, people live there. Yeah, that's fucking insane to me. People go, I like champagne. M pagne sounds nice. Let's have some champagne. Were they rival was Illinois. We have a trophy with them.
Speaker 1: I used the big rival and then Notre Dame or like our three trophy games, right, I think not even rivals. Everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you're just claiming Notre Dame. Well, no, like like like Notre Dame has a rival with Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, USC, there's always Notre Dame Michigan state in Ohio state. Yeah, they're USC Miamide apparently apparently throw the boiler.
Speaker 1: Makers out the big gameriminals.
Speaker 2: I think the Seminoles can then have a little bit of tick.
Speaker 1: What you say, Hey, it's bigger than Notre Dame in Miami, Like their their game the what was it the Catholics first Criminals or whatever thirty one? Yeah, yeah, like that game obviously was much bigger than any Purdue Notre Dame game, but the whole but overall series, like we've played, because they're an hour away from our town or our fifteen whatever south best.
Speaker 3: I love it like town versus town. It's not like city vers city.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know you can get thrown name if you have sex, you get caught having sex? Really Yeah, apparently that's a thing if you go to double check that that's true.
Speaker 1: They're Mormons, but I've never heard that about We respects easy Dennis. He said that not tail of one, not will Compton.
Speaker 4: Dennis Kelly said that he does not represent the thoughts of in beliefs of busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: But Jack Mormons don't get crazy. Is the Jack Mormon's jack Jack Mormons? Oh no, it's like a phrase.
Speaker 3: Clearly not. I thought you were saying Jack is Mormon, Like no, Jack Mormons.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, there's a phrase they call Mormons, is called jack Mormons. It's like they're Mormons, but they're like not really Mormons, Like they party fucking hard and get like Luke war Mormons.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, does it say that subject to referrals basically to a board. But yeah, you can be you can be kicked out. Oh that's tough. You can be. So it's not like if you get caught out.
Speaker 4: Consequently, students who engage in sexual union outside of marriage may be subject to referral to the university conduct process.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a weird deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a that's a random status through that.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you all learn from the day, Like why do you know that? I don't know, but we all learned.
Speaker 2: Anti Taylor told me that really straight up. I saw Manti Tayo like the week before his girlfriend thing came out. We were in the All American game together, and then I saw him at like the well wait for this. I saw him at the Walter not that it was like some all American things. No, no, what is it called the awards ceremony? The award ceremony, that's like for all the college awards. Yeah, for all American What is that? I don't think Walter camp all Americans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're at a.
Speaker 4: Bank addressed to the dress to the nine going to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like, hey, we're all going in the first round.
Speaker 1: I was there with that.
Speaker 2: So I saw him there and it was like a week before his ship came out with what's her name? And he was He and I were talking for a little bit and he brought that up to me, and he didn't act like that ship was going down at all, Like with with his girlfriend. That wasn't really his girlfriend. That was like yeah the dude, right, no, it was just an invisible person, right.
Speaker 1: No. I well, obviously she had a he had to talk to somebody. It was a dude. Yeah, it was a dude. Yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: Play was laying down some heat today. I'm laying down like the knowledge brain serve.
Speaker 1: We don't have the privilege of going to these you know, high level all American type inquets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm at the NFL.
Speaker 1: I've been the guest of mine there.
Speaker 2: It was a great time last year towards a cl This year we're fucking down out.
Speaker 1: There's been ship. I was thinking about that.
Speaker 3: I was in the NFL p A game. That's a third tier game?
Speaker 1: Is that really? He goes out the East West? Right?
Speaker 4: No, it goes uh the under Armor All American Game, East West Shrine Bowl, NFL p A.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm thinking college. What's the under Armor All American Game in college? What is in college? That's aesa's game. Oh, Senior Bowl?
Speaker 1: My bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I haven't been there, you know what I mean. It's all good, Dennis, Which one did you do?
Speaker 1: What? I went to the Casino Del Soul bol.
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: I remember hearing about that Arizona. Oh no, way sounds like Arizona schools.
Speaker 2: Really, and so it's just like U of an asked you in northern northern Arizona. I want to say it went the Reese's Senior Bowl East West East West Game, right, Yeah, East West Game, and then NFL p A and then like Texas versus the Nation, Yeah, and then dude.
Speaker 1: Was it Corona del soul. What is it called Casino del sol.
Speaker 3: Coronavirus del sould. Dude, look at that Monday like Casino del Soul.
Speaker 1: Stop the jersey from that game.
Speaker 2: Yes, in India, and you've and you've made it eight years in the league. They've told you, Hey here, how manyears I playing?
Speaker 1: No? I thought you're a year seven, didn't red shirt So I'm a year age wise older than you red shirt either.
Speaker 3: But he's he only finished your seven. I finished your eight.
Speaker 1: I finished your ninth. Youngest cat here, Oh Fox just turned thirty one.
Speaker 4: I turned thirty one too. I'm a red shirt old guy. You know, like five years of college.
Speaker 1: Oh that was me too.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting any but at least kid out there listening to us right now, if you can leave early, do it all right? Well, if you know you're getting drafted, if you know you're getting drafted, if you know you're gonna get drafted five rounds up, if you can get drafting the fifth round, go, I really think like there ain't no loyalty anywhere. That school doesn't care about you. They're great, it's awesome. Leave just get out as if you can, because that's more trend th time.
Speaker 4: I would agree that if you can get to the league earlier than later is the best course of action.
Speaker 1: The school is going to be there when you're done playing, too. I don't know what that means. You could get your degree while you're still playing. Yeah, but if you if you ball out, you don't need a degree. Right.
Speaker 3: Did you get a degree?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did? Oh? Good? Good? Yeah? What are you? What are you bummed about?
Speaker 2: Didn't?
Speaker 4: Don't be the guy who goes five years doesn't get a degree and you just play in the league.
Speaker 1: Fifth year, my fifth year, dude, I was repping.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I like one class. It was like one credit.
Speaker 4: It was awesome, Dude, I went I went to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the rest were online.
Speaker 1: It was class.
Speaker 3: It was one of my classes was bowling and the other was coaching track.
Speaker 1: It was the best track.
Speaker 3: It was the classes called coaching track.
Speaker 4: And that's something hey, I know because I graduated early, so I got to just take credits just to be eligible.
Speaker 2: So if you graduate early, you don't have to get a master's. You can choose to go to your master's. But I thought I opted out.
Speaker 1: I opted out of a master's degree. I thought, I think a mission you have to.
Speaker 2: I never heard of someone who graduated earlier not doing the fucking what's it called toward?
Speaker 1: Really, I don't I don't think I never heard it.
Speaker 2: I could be totally wrong now, but and I also they would we never had online classes either.
Speaker 1: That would have been.
Speaker 4: Awesome, dude, bro Yes, online classes were so dope, the biscuit. The biscuit wrote, wrote a lot of my papers, I would trade Brad Brad lebron I would trade him cases of gatorade shakes to write my papers.
Speaker 3: You're a sorre to god.
Speaker 2: You know that's funny as fun My grandmother wrote. I had like an independent study with some dude. His name was something Professor Potter. The guy talked like this like I'm talking right now, but you meet him. But hell, I would tell you, how are you die? You do it all wrong everything, and you're like this should have a fake English accent. That's where you have to Jerry, that's where it stems. No, Jerry is from Camden Town.
Speaker 1: I understand. Okay, do you want me to go over there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, stay stay the course.
Speaker 2: David Potter, Yeah, let me pull his face up dude, Oh that's his face right there. Yeah, that's him, one hundred percent him. Great guy, had a bubbly personality. But you'd walk out of the meeting and be like, god, damn, he just really think I bought that whole time. Anyway, you'd do independence study with him and for like three credits. It was like thirty five page paper, like something crazy over the whole thing. My grandmother wrote that thing for me, thirty five pages on that bitch. Yes, thank god right, I was a king of the two point h.
Speaker 1: Two points.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, hey, if you just write this, if you just changed one, two or three things, you'll go from a C to a B. I just be like, done, did here?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Two point oh one hundred percent, dude. There was only one thing. I was going to the NFL were you were? You an academic All American?
Speaker 1: I was academic conference? Same. What does that mean if you're over three point zero while playing for the big time? But I did not go to class ever.
Speaker 4: Really really they didn't check your classes did so Like earlier, dude, don't give me a ship like that.
Speaker 3: Bo Polini would.
Speaker 1: Like, we're going this year so like it would so like early on they do it right, and then the kind of they figure out who they can give a little bit of least to and who they can't. So some people they had like had to walk to class, right, You've always heard about that, like where guys had to have their handheld walk in class, wait for them and all that. And then other guys who are killing it, like Terrigan is really smart. They don't check on you. You do whatever you want, right. But so my biggest challenge was and my major attendance was huge, like would drop your letter grade if you had like two unexcues? Right, so you find someone to sign the signing sheet, and so you just mix it up every once in a while. And it worked out. I did all the work, and all the work was fine. I respect it.
Speaker 4: At least you got your shit done and you what was your GPA? You had a good You got academic all conference.
Speaker 1: So I got that for two years. The last year I didn't finished with it was bad because the last semester so the year I got drafted. The spring I got drafted, I had to take eighteen to try and graduate in four and because I didn't do the I'm buying, I went on like nine or ten visits to teams to do all the doctors. You were and so I mean consuming man, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, shout out the non combine.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, wait, what did you say that?
Speaker 3: What was the thing to shout out the what shout out the non combine? And you tried to draft these? Yeah invites?
Speaker 1: Were you drafting? I was drafting. Shout out drafted guys. But anyways, Uh so I missed.
Speaker 4: The are you drafting in the first round? No, shout out non draft in the first round, guys, shout.
Speaker 1: Off its lineup. This is fun. This is making me feel good.
Speaker 2: Bumped every time he shout out host the boys, we're gonna have a collage scrawn either not all right, we're gonna have a collage of like just miss dapts.
Speaker 1: He just set me up every time. God, So that's what was your g P? A?
Speaker 2: Like, what was your g P was a little over too because you were trying.
Speaker 4: He was buying an insurance policy talking about all the visits, like we had to try and graduate.
Speaker 3: I had to do eighteen hours. What was the GPA?
Speaker 1: It was? It was over too, but I don't remember exactly because I missed so many classes. I failed, like three classes that semester, and that because you were going to the league. Well no, because I was going to job interviews essentially, but they didn't count it as a job. Like I told I'm like, hey, listen, I gotta go to Philly, I gotta go to Arizona. I'm going to Tampa, like I'm going to be gone. And again, when you have a tendants based on your grade or your grades based on attendance, like they just docked me like they didn't care. Yeah yeah, yeah, so to a point. So I got drafted and then I took the final that next weekend right or that next week. And so I finished my final and this is one of the classes. I was like, am I going to get screwed here? Like what? Like wasn't really sure. I hand in the final and he goes, hey, my congratulations, like really like really happy for you. Turns out grades come out the next week. Fucking f I'm like, what the fuck? Man on your way out? What you knew what I was doing? Like it wasn't like I was fuck that guy.
Speaker 2: Dude, he just smiled in your face and spit in the back. I mean, I probably deserve its aird phrase I liked it in your face and spit in the back. Hey, I was riding with the Dell was like, hell yeah, dude, that's a good one. Keep talking so it goes away, keep talking to my feelings going.
Speaker 1: So it's probably carbal because of missing the classes and getting.
Speaker 3: The complimenting and ships in your hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I had to, like the first couple of years in the league, I had to like make I had to take courses to finish up, and then you and I.
Speaker 2: Had a much different situation going into the draft. Yeah that's crazy. Well yeah, I mean well, no, like sounds different. Yeah, I wouldn't think aboutchool at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my guys, Yeah, some of it has to think about that ship because we might not have the actual future of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, that's a good way to not have the future. You know, you can't have a plan B.
Speaker 1: Burn the bridges, burn the fucking boats, right, I do. I do enjoy that phrase for sure, you like, but I don't live it.
Speaker 4: No, No, because you're tying it in that don't have a plan D, plan B and then you're like, burn the fucking boats, right, That's gonna get me hyped up, but I'm not sold on the don't have a Plan B because it deteriorates from Plan A. I'm a big you know a lot of baskets guy, Yeah, different baskets like yeah, yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Den.
Speaker 4: Sure if this was just me and Taylor on the pot, we would have been trying to figure out what words gone by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're glad you figured that out. Well, you know, it seems like it all worked out. One thing that didn't work out, but you had a hell of game and was AF championship last year. How about that first transition?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, we just skipped the entire career.
Speaker 1: I mean, when'd you get drafted fifth? Where'd you go? Eagles?
Speaker 3: How long were you there? And then he came to the Titans and now we're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I'm here. Hey.
Speaker 4: You know you know DDB is yeah, uh Green Beckham or whatever. Yeah, the wide receiver that was supposed to be insane. I would have traded myself for him, absolutely, for that talent. That's definitely would should have could have got out of the league. Now, yeah, so whoops some of the Eagles, right, Yeah, the dude we beat Dennis uh for the old NFC East Division title.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a conference, division, division whatever, whatever, dude, that was an awesome time.
Speaker 4: It was the only the other time I wanted the division. But it was a great time because that that game was on. It was on the line for the division. Every one, Yeah, the division.
Speaker 2: And it was like on Christmas, like we we flew back to Ashbourne that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we flew to Philly really yeah what Yeah, that's cool as ship. They're all in our apart. Yeah, Dallas and uh we.
Speaker 4: Got back and it was just you couldn't move at our facility, Like you had to drive like two miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Everybody's banging on your vehicle because.
Speaker 1: You just won. It was so lit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's second my only sack of my career was that game.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, I hit a dab too. I think I've seen that video. You probably have.
Speaker 4: It's a gift you type it, yeah, proudly. It's a gentleman. It's a gentleman's dab. That's what we praised. Like, what's up that a gentleman's dab. I had a I had a little walk, you know, I have my little walk. I stuck my hand out, bring it in, dab and then the next week, I I built on it because I had a pick against Dallas. Then did a little dance with it and dabbed.
Speaker 1: You had a pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was my first pick too. Oh and I was chilling. He took me out and had me rest in the second half. Yeah, dude, Hey, I'm telling you. He came out to he goes, who would have thought somebody like you'd be resting in the second half? And I just started laughing at that. I appreciate that compliment. That was Jay Gruden. Yeah, that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then I came to the Titans. Hey, and you guys both came the Titans, and that's how we all met.
Speaker 3: And then that's how the boys met.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. Remember hearing the infancy of this, this whole idea and just thinking, there's no way he's gonna fuck and do this, right, I thought the same thing. I also want to talk about right, like a whole year. What are you talking about? All these ideas and we're gonna do this, We're gonna do that. I'm like, this is great, You're gonna do anything. And then Will just kind of came in and like like no, no, it's all set up. I was like Jesus christ Man, this is like the perfect foil. I got a lot of ideas for this off season. I haven't really follow through on yet.
Speaker 4: Sure, boys, you know what I'm talking about some good it's not saying we can't say them.
Speaker 1: You can't say them. They're they're good. They're good ideas.
Speaker 3: Though one one isn't the kill.
Speaker 1: Three are great ideas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do believe that one. You know which one I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I think that one. Yeah, I think that one is a heater. Bro. Should we cut it and tell that's what it is? Recording? Say?
Speaker 2: This is fun for me, right, Yeah, we'll cut it talking all right, Hey, cut it right.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to read an ad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cut it here. We're gonna read ad.
Speaker 2: All right, Ladies and gentlemen, take a little break from busting with the boys. We're gona talking about bare bottom clothing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Once again, we're not talking about b A r E b A r E. Yeah, it's not that it's b E a r bottom clothing. We're talking about versatility here, everyday clothes that guys want to wear. Sorry, ladies, just for guys versatility. You're wearing them you're cozy, your comfy, and it's built for it's built for value.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: You're getting comfortable, long lasting short pants, Spandex, the little feast, little joggers. You're feeling it out and you're feeling special about yourself. And they must be doing something right because they have one hundred one hundred thousand plus customers. Okay, that's a lot of people. That's a lot of people diving in and getting their stuff. And I'm gonna help you out with a little just a little touch, because if you go and use the code busting that's b U S S I N.
Speaker 1: You and get yourself what is that? What do they get? What do they get? Free shipping?
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's half the thing, right, because you go and you get the stuff, and you're like, okay, this is what I have. I can spend one hundred and twenty dollars on it. And then you buy one hundred nineteen dollars the stuff. You think we saved a dollar, and then you realize I gotta go to shipping now and in three to five days. That takes forever, and they and it costs thirty seven dollars, and now you're mad and you're upset bare body clothing and they didn't do anything wrong. But now if you just use busting b U S S I N as the code that the boys are gonna help you out with, you're living and it's easy, all right.
Speaker 1: Don't be like Will Compton. Don't be like Will Compton who rolls his jeans up because it's the new fat in town. He lived.
Speaker 2: He lives in East Nashville. B bare bottom be set up, part dude. Just go to barebottom Clothing dot com. That's b E A R. And then you can spell clothing by yourself. You can figure that out, all right. It's like the animal, all right, and use the code bust and you get free shipping.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I love to read all of this, but I just can't. I got some bare bottom stuff the other day, change my life. I put them on my boys downstairs, said happy here because it's not that big. So that that's the voice. We're happy here, And that's how we went. Enjoy the rest of the show, folks, and we're back after that ad. Read it was a good that was a solid ad. We're up to four. Oh this climbing back up. We're climbing back up. The boys are climbing back up. God, those pencil checks are gonna work out a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things are gonna So back to what we were talking about before.
Speaker 2: We ended up what we were talking about, and then the one thing that he said, let's just jump over Dennis his career AFC Championship game last year Chiefs versus Titans.
Speaker 1: You had a touchdown in that game. Wonderful. You don't have to pull it on the house. We all know those wonderful, wonderful fuss job.
Speaker 2: God catches it, He's on his knees, hands in the air, the boy comes over, gives him a big bear hug. It was an awesome, awesome thing started great and not so great, right, Patrick Holmes does that thing? Our defense, We're going how to tackle that day whatever tis what it is, and they ended up winning and winning a Super Bowl. Now go backwards one week. Okay, Will and I were going over who we think is gonna win the AFY Championship games. I think we both went bucks. Oh so now we're up to now, Okay, that's what I was like.
Speaker 4: Okay, why would I bet? Hey, I think the Chiefs are gonna beat you guys. They both way box right, Uh, yeah, I wanted the Bucks and would.
Speaker 1: Have bet Packers. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: So I was wrong wrong twice then, because you also said you were picking the Bills. Yeah, true, and your boy picked Chiefs. Now I'm going to Limb and Bill's Mafia. Please, this is I really don't want to go and do it with you guys again because I got to hurt knee. I just can't handle it. That game didn't seem very competitive to me. It seemed like from the get go. I mean they jumped off early but went up to nothing. But yeah, I mean it wasn't it wasn't nothing.
Speaker 4: It was it wasn't too It was to the point where I got up and just stopped watching the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I turned the game off on the halfway through the quarters. Yeah, and it was kind of like it was it was I'll tell you what, though, the Chiefs are getting hot.
Speaker 1: Like the week before, the week before.
Speaker 4: You kind of like, you know, Patrick or Mahomes went down, Henny came in and they were they were still close, you know what I mean, you kind of didn't know what what Chiefs was going to show up.
Speaker 3: But that's probably from having like two weeks off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they came in yesterday they looked like they looked, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's with a woozy pat? You know he won?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, get that get that night's got too. He's got two weeks, two weeks to get that little toe right.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about his fucking I know. But he also had like turf toe t is.
Speaker 1: A bitch, Dudeah, that's awful. Who you got in the Super Bowl? Instinct goes with Mahomes. Yeah, and the Chiefs just because if they're rolling like you saw it yesterday, like it's hard to stop them. Man, Like I don't care who you are, Like, no leads safe. That's so true.
Speaker 2: You gotta be up at least like legit, like no lead is safe, right, Like but for real, when they played when they played the Houston Texans the game before US last year, Yeah, it was like twenty one nothing, dude. I was watching that game and people, I think we were in the group chat. Everyone was texting like it was like we're playing Houston in my had him like I don't think so, like you never know, Yeah, sure enough, dude, Well that ship just started snowballing.
Speaker 1: But like when Mahomes and the Chiefs were playing so bad that first quarter and a half though, Yeah, so you're like, well, if this doesn't change, like, there's no reason to assume that they're coming back, yeaeah.
Speaker 4: And then when the Chiefs score and they're down and Mahomes hits this, When Mahomes hits this, you're like, all right, the boys are gonna start fucking Yeah. I'm telling you that's like his move. When you see that going on, buckle the fuck up, boys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it gets the blood flow down low and get you hype, you know what I mean. When we were in the AC Championship game last year, you were how'd you feel when you were watching? Were you kind of like hoping the Chiefs would beat us?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I wasn't hoping the Chiefs would beat you guys. I wasn't, but there was a mental battle, like, damn, the boys are going to go to the super Bowl and I'm not on the team, like the year after off the team, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I wanted you guys win. That's how I felt. I didn't feel that way on the AFC champion It's like.
Speaker 4: I wasn't on the team, so it's not like, yeah, I was like I wasn't I wasn't on Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: For me, it was like we'd have another we get to throw another banger watch.
Speaker 1: Party, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The boys, yeah, just excited, but you're kind of like the girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're kind of like, fuck, like these boys are about to go and I'm not on the team.
Speaker 2: If we went to that Super Bowl, I bet we win. I bet we would have won. We would have beat the forty nine ers. That would have been a good game. Hey, that would have been a good gamely built teams. Our defense was hot with peas, they were crushing it. Our run game was legit. Their run game was legit. And you guys defense was better than our defense, like statistically right, right, But we were like, dude, you guys were clicking. You guys had momentous last year. You guys were nine and seven in the playoffs, looking like you were, like, you know.
Speaker 1: The best team in the league, one of the one.
Speaker 2: Of the best teams in the league. Yeah, I feel like we have got something to say. Yeah, go ahead, you know, no, I mean, yeah, it sucks you guys lost, But do you think we would have had a chance to be well, we had obviously had a chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you guys would if you guys would have beat the Chiefs, there's no question that I would have thought in my mind, they're gonna win the fucking super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Imagine doing that, dude, Imagine winning that.
Speaker 4: And I would have been in Miami drunk. We would have both been I would have been in Miami on your tickets. Hey, Bubble hit me up for super Bowl tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hit me up too. He really, do you do him?
Speaker 2: No, damn, that's crazy. No, I don't have I didn't even get him this. Yeah, I didn't get my tickets either. This might be the best fucking super Bowl we've ever seen. No like Tom Brady, the goatest of all goats, the goat versus the goat goat. This is no, I'm not I'm not buying that.
Speaker 1: I'm not subscribing to that.
Speaker 2: The fucking you like a future goat aesque dude versus the goat of all goats. Tom Brady is the goatest of all goats.
Speaker 1: Over over, Michael.
Speaker 2: Jordan, Michael Jordan, I believe it, MESSI rinaldo all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Brady.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady is the goat of all goats sports.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, dude, he's He's going to his tenth super Bowl out of fifty five.
Speaker 2: Dude, he has more of a chance. He has a better chance every year making the super Bowl than Stefan Curry has making us three point You see that ste Stefan Except for interpretation, how's the hell's not step p e p h and right.
Speaker 1: I don't know Stefan, pull it up.
Speaker 2: It isn't what's gonna be like serios, it's Stephan.
Speaker 1: Let's just say Steph Curry, by Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: They said Steph Curry in his all time three pointing shooting, he has a forty one percent chance of making it, which is high.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a high persentage. Oh it's Stephen. What did Stephen kidding? Stephen Curry?
Speaker 2: It's Stefan, Stephan, Stephen Curry, Right, yeah, yeah, Stephen Curry. But anyway, he's what he's like the most pure shooter of all time. Right, people were saying he's the best shooter of all time. Tom Brady is a better chance going to the super Bowl then Steph has making a three pointer?
Speaker 4: Right, I mean taking those numbers like Steph has shot thousands of threes yeah, compared to you know, Brady's how many years.
Speaker 1: Turn your blanker or something like that. But what's harder to make? It's a three points one basket one basket? No, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with guys, Listen, I'm with that.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying like I'm just saying, I don't know if if Tom Brady played a thousands of years, like the amount of shot Steph has made, that he'd be going to the super Bowl forty percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Because no one lives thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, I'm just what I feel like, we're taking apples to oranges.
Speaker 1: Why can't fruit be compared? It can beans?
Speaker 3: Dude, Hey, listen, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Tom. Then just say, okay, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta have a little devil's advocate, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, that is the king of being devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: There's some people out there. He is the king Devil's advocate, dude, He's the king. Yeah, Tom Brady's the best of all time.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Patrick Mahomes versus Tom Brady, it'll be an incredible super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And Aaron Rodgers versus Tom Brady was unreal. That game was so legit.
Speaker 2: I saw an article that said Rogers versus Brady, Chiefs versus fucking Bills, like they have to use the two teams in the NFC, but the NFC, that's how big the names were.
Speaker 4: I've been think of our last couple of weeks, Dude, We've seen We've gotten to watch Tom Brady versus Drew Brees, Tom Brady versus and now we're about to watch Tom Brady versus Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: This is Gray's most impressive run ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he switched teams. Also, just switched teams. Yeah, because they weren't favorites to win. The Saints were favorites to win the division. They did win the division, but then they got knocked out in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: They won when it mattered the most.
Speaker 4: And then you're seeing him versus Aaron Rodgers, who was needing for his resume that second Super Bowl, and they went to the NFC Championship last.
Speaker 1: Year and blew it. And so what do you do? I mean, what do you do now? If you're Anon Rodgers?
Speaker 3: It seems like he might not there's a.
Speaker 2: Chance of him not being I think he's state the Packers for sure to be a little negotiating tactic for four years listening to deed, does he I think.
Speaker 3: Why would he act like he's not potentially doesn't.
Speaker 2: I think he was really hurt by the situation. He was really hurt the instead of drafting a wide receiver or something that helped him, or a defensive player to help him. I think he was upset regardless of how he's locked in, Like he's a fucking one of those dudes is blinders, right, yeah, yeh, some guys.
Speaker 1: Some guys.
Speaker 2: Is not My worst game is some guys' careers games. And he says that, and you think yourself, he ain't wrong, like he's legit as fuck, but like, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Have your feelings, sir. If you're that good of a quarterback and then you draft a kid.
Speaker 2: Already bringing your replacement, already bringing replacement with three years less than your deal, oh there's no doubt that. I think what's gonna happen there is like, uh, who's buddy in San Francisco Gppolo? I think the Groppolo Brady situation. I think Garoppolo or this love kid is going to get traded somewhere because something will happen. He'll play a game or something like that. He'll look good. They'll trade him for a second round or whatever. The Patriots got, yeah, quarterback needing, Like, we don't want to waste the first round pick, but we'll take the kid for a third or fourth round pick. He'll go there and and he's gonna then he'll Aaron Rodgers will stay there.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: I think that's gonna be exactly what happens. I'm a fan of that because because Rogers can go in that conference, that that media conference to be all upset, like kind of be stoic or whatever. All it is doing is adding more clicks. Right, the guy's gonna win an MVP this year. We want to be Dereck Henry, but the guy, like everyone, everyone's saying it should be Derek Henriy, but everyone's saying Rogers is gonna win it, right because he had the best Derreck Henry should.
Speaker 3: Win this mvpsgu I mean it's debatable.
Speaker 2: It's not debatable when you're the rushing leader of fifteen hundred yards and then the next year you go for two thousand. He's the only person in the world ever to rush for two thousand yards in high school, two thousand yards in college, and two thousand yards in the NFL back to back rushing leading guy by what, well over six hundred yards? Yeah, who is number two? It was like fifteen hundred yards, right, hundred yards less than him, right, Yeah, it's not even close.
Speaker 1: But the problem with your argument is that it's it's like a career thing like, which is all fantastic, self, but the MVP should be one. See, yeah, MVP is one. So my point being is that, like, the one argument is that Derek ran for two thousand yards. Eight player ever to do that in the league, right, right, one had no Pro bowler offensive lineman, no probo with tight end, like, no Pro Bowl fullback. So like in theory, he did it by himself. Right. Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes both had great years. Taylor was there for five games. Sure, but I didn't make the Pro Bowl this year.
Speaker 4: It makes pro I was, I mean, yeah, but you're still a Pro Bowl style player next year. Well, when we get twenty one oh seven, because that's the record, Yeah, who knows, but he might have got the fucking season record, right, if you're healthy.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think, well, I like to think to me. In my mind, I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying might have to be, you know, to be, But in my mind, he would have.
Speaker 1: He would have he would have been on the fourth quarter like three games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, we talked about this. Finish your thoughts and then we can go back to it, because this is the quarterbacks that are being discussed. They've had great seasons, but they're they're pretty normal now, Like that's like a lot of their stats are very impressive, but it's kind of the normal. The new standards, the new standard exactly, Like none of them were doing anything historic, whereas Derek did something historic.
Speaker 1: That you're talking about Derek. The other running backs, well, I mean, he's the eighth player ever to do what he did, and he was one season.
Speaker 4: He was what one of how many to have like three two hundred our games and three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: He's one of three guys.
Speaker 2: Three two hundred games the rest of the NFL had won. He tied the record in one season for career thing. Yeah, holy ship, he should be the MVP. That's hey, that's a that's a nice argument. I'm buying that. Well, I can flip at any moment dat he does ship pretty fast. I did the same thing I think about.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm buying that ship.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: He had a great year.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying if Aaron Rodgers had the best year of his career, Like thinking of all of Aaron Rodgers years that he've had, it's like that's obviously but incredible weapons.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers had the offensive line that he had, I think to all pro offenseive linemen.
Speaker 1: Also, like he had his whole line was really good.
Speaker 4: Havant Adams, but you know he only had like, you know, he had Davante Adams, then he had he had.
Speaker 2: What he had a good run game to compliment. Yeah, but it's up everywhere. The titand played awesome. Ally you already brought that up. But he had players and then I don't have to argue Mahomes Mahomes is, but I've also feel like playing in the NFL, he's the best player in the NFL. But he has Tyreek Hill, He's got Travis Kelsey. Yeah, he's got a sick he's got, he's got, he's got, he's got.
Speaker 1: For all, he's got two running backs that are legitis.
Speaker 2: Fuck Le'Veon Bell and then the kid they got from LSU Stutts but you could also.
Speaker 4: Argue that Aaron made those players that you're referring to his Pro bowlers, Now that Aaron made those guys.
Speaker 3: And like nobody knew about him the tight end, he was an undrafted cat.
Speaker 4: I believe he got a shot from practice squad this year and now he's amazing, you know what I'm saying, Like in his old lineman, he gets the ball out quick, he runs the offense like he might make the old lineman look a lot better than what they are.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers is a.
Speaker 2: Great job scrambling, He does great job getting the ball. He might make the offensive line look a little bit better. But I mean, you don't run rush for two thousand yards and not have a like what Dennis said, not have a Pro Bowl guy on as your fullback, as any of your tight ends, as any of your offensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you cannot sleep on the fucking blocking game.
Speaker 2: Dudeguments, either's quote unquote nobody. And that's a very loose turn because we have a great offens line, but you don't have a DeVante Adams on that offense line.
Speaker 1: You don't have that talent. Feeling, people who are voting or deciding who these who the great players of the league are. Yeah, said that none of the the people blocking for Derek were great enough to be rewarded with that, making it seem like Derek did most of the work on like his greatness superseded our suckiness for lack of a better time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Derek, and the dude's a legend, like anybody who can have a true highlight tape of absolute dummies of stiff arms, like, he's a monster. Not to mention his yards after contact. If you just measured his yards after contact after someone touched him on the defense.
Speaker 1: His numbers, he would have still won the rushing title just with those numbers.
Speaker 2: So all those times there's a big keeping hole and he ran it for forty, ran it for sixty, those are now gone. The time he got touched by another defensive player after that, those yards, he would still have won the Russian title.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's fully true, but he would have been like top three for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, I said it, and I'm just taking the conviction.
Speaker 4: The conviction I'm jumping on swing into the other ship, you know what I'm saying, Not that I was on the other ship. I'm just trying to not have a fully biased Pro Titans podcast.
Speaker 1: So you're right, argably greatest, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Right, Drew Brees never won an MVP. Years that he's balled out and had great years, have throwing like what four picks, But then you have Mahomes throws for fifty touchdowns one year, and then you have Aaron Rodgers go off one year, so like his great year that he should win an MVP. Another player something historic, which is a very similar situation here. I got you Derek getting one two thousand, four yards what was it? Seven?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty seven is more impressive than all the other numbers on every other guy.
Speaker 1: And Aaron.
Speaker 2: I think Aaron's just stud I think I think he deserves the MVP. I think he's probably gonna win it. But I think if you looked at Derek and like, who's the Ladadian Thomlinson, Yeah, the one the year he won it, he had he won the rushing title for a second year in a row, like and that I think played into it, and you know what I'm saying, Like and it's just to be a one year thing. But he's won two rushing titles back to back and it just gets better like you think you think with Derek, Like if you're thinking from a business perspective, when you signed Derek to the contract, you signed him too, you think, okay, we got it for two to three years tops at him and his prime. But he showed zero like where at all? Like he he got better, like he always doesn't descend he got better. He got better he always does in December. See, I think you know this, could Derek go back to the table again right now. He just got signed for a three year deal but couldn't right now because like, what do you have zero RU for two thousand yards? He can go to John and be like, hey John, you needn't have buff that up a couple million dollars.
Speaker 4: You know, think he can do that though, because that's why you signed the contract and can't hold out anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't hold that anymore. So he'd he'd be hurting his poet. He'd be hurt in his pockets like he just hurt his own money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that wild though.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought that he and and the and the dude honestly never miss his practice like you guys. See, guys they take like you know, they take weeks off, like they don't practice that much during the week.
Speaker 3: Derek is somebody that's always out there, literally always out there.
Speaker 4: And this year is where I kind of picked up on it and kind of I was kind of like, why is he having the why is he practicing? Just based on talent and guys with that Calibra scene in the past and my experience, like they usually get time off, Like, yeah, they took care of him a little bit toward the end of the year, but he's out there and you never.
Speaker 1: It's not he's the best mood at the end of the year. Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was such a great when he's played. When when Derek rushes for forty eight yards where against Cleveland, I knew, like I'm sitting there watching the him going there, I'm telling the tale like Derek's gonna be pissed all fucking he probably won't talk to anybody. Yeah, and what do you do that week? He probably didn't talk to anybody, did he was that anyone? And he just fucking goes off for two hundred next game or whatever he went for.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, two hundred and sent yards away from getting two thousand.
Speaker 1: And so fucking crazy about that.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Fucking get it.
Speaker 2: Dude, he died a two hundred and twenty three going into the game, And the fucking wild thing is is we're all sitting there going he could probably do it. Yeah, you know that's yeah, so many twenty three yards to get a record. Everyone's like probably not. I mean, hey, it's gonna be a great year. He's gonna he's win the title. That's awesome. But we all went into that game. But y'all went into the game. I was sitting there going to watch the game, going, Derek could fucking do this, And I'm calling Bobo between like between plays, like he got sixty in the first quarter, like we can, okay, keep at it. He needs It's like it's wild that type of dude.
Speaker 1: Like like that game was crazy too.
Speaker 2: Someone asked me the other day, is is Derek?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think Bobo ask me? This is Derek Hall of Famer. This episode of Bustle with the Boys is also brought to you by Roman. Have you been dealing with acne, redness, dark spots, wrinkles, ugliness?
Speaker 1: Dennis?
Speaker 4: Finding treatment that works can be complicated. You need skincare that actually performs but gets getting started can be overwhelming. Thankfully, the Boy's got a solution for you. Roman makes it convenient to get customized prescription skincare that actually performs. Just grab your phone or computer, complete a free online consultation and you'll hear back from a US licensed physician within twenty four hours. If appropriate, a doctor will prescribe a custom blended treatment based on your skin type and priorities.
Speaker 1: Dennis.
Speaker 4: You'll receive your custom skincare treatment with free two day shipping. You also get free unlimited follow ups with your doctor if you need to make a change to your treatment or have any questions, Dennis. With Roman, there are no commitments and you can cancel any time, so risk free. Go to get Roman dot com slash barstool try out a oh.
Speaker 1: God, let me say that again. To try out a three month supply.
Speaker 4: Go to get Roman dot com slash barstool to try out a three month supply of nightly defense for just five dollars. It's free to chat with the doctor and your first order is just five dollars. That's get Roman dot com slash barstool. Eligibility requirements and additional turns me apply.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: No, he's not right, But if he puts up two more years over a thousand yards, he could probably be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, possibly, I have no clue in the Hall of Fame. Like I asked you if Joe Thomas is gonna be a first ballot Hall of Fame, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I asked, yes, like I have, And it doesn't matter who is up Joe right right right, you're saying like he is, Yeah, he is the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Joe Thomas had the best career I think any offense alignment ever. Yeah, it's like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know the floor of guys kind of barely get in the Hall of Fame, those guys who barely get in the Hall of Fame him, like, and I don't even know if you can consider it barely right, But I'm just saying, I don't know what like a floor looks.
Speaker 3: Like of getting into the Hall of Fame, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I get if he if Derek does this a few more years, he's obviously the conversation the guy you would talk about in the offensive line world that's got to make the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: But maybe not.
Speaker 2: The first round is Andrew Whitworth. Yeah, like that's a dude.
Speaker 1: And he said, what four Pro Bowls? Four or five?
Speaker 2: He'd had to pull he had to pull that up. Huge fan of Andrew wiorth He's one of my sona buddies. Yeah, how about him making the comeback?
Speaker 1: Dude? I know right he I was.
Speaker 2: I was texting with him about it about this year he was saying. He was saying, he was telling me like, if we go to the playoffs, I'm gonna play. I'm I thinking what did he tear again? P c L M c L fuck in that wild?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good for him? Man? How pro bols for four Pro Bowls? Yeah? Two times af Pro. Yeah, he'll be in the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: But like, that's that's that's the guy that I'm sorry, Yeah, that that guy will be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: You gotta worth.
Speaker 2: Now, if you go to Joe Thomas, you don't need to. I know him ten years ten. Yeah, that's it's not even fucking close. And what's six all pros some ship like that. I don't know that number, but six, Like it's like he was a Hall of Famer by your seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that is wild. And then you get to play with him, like on the team if you're a brown, like, oh, he's a Hall of Famer, like right now. Yeah, yeah, dude, you talked about it, and I want to go I want to go back to the first in twenty eighteen. You talked about it when we were doing the quarantine and with the boys, take us through, take everybody through your story whenever you had whatever the fuck it was. Yeah, yeah, with your brain, because explain the context you were out, like suddenly you just weren't showing up to work, to work right, and no one knew what was wrong with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This was in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Right after the first week the Miami game because you were starting, you were like playing starting because Jack was still recovering. And we played the marathon game in Miami, me and start the next week, We're getting ready to play Houston. I'm like, okay, finally to go against JJ, Like, let's lock it down, let's be ready practice Wednesday. And then start driving home and are driving to my oldest daughter's dance class and my arm kind of gets a little numb, like kind of like I felt like I was like maybe like sitting on my wallet weird, and I was hitting the nerve. I was like, Okay, well maybe I'm just doing something weird. So I get out. The numbness kind of goes away. I walk into the building for the dance class, and at that point, like I had no strength, So like my wife gives me Isele at that time, and like I'm holding her and like instantly it's like I can't hold her, Like you got to take her back because like she's falling essentially, so I hand her back. She's like, what the fuck's going on with you? I was like, I have no idea, but I have nothing in my arm right now. And then like two months later that started getting better, but then it went into like my mouth and I feel like I was like, my mouth's dumb, Like I don't know, like we probably should go. So it worked out where we get eating, we go to the car and I start like strapping them up and are strapping her up, excuse me? And we're talking to my wife and she's kind of starting to panic because like that's not normal, right, and like we're talking and she's like, what do you what are you saying? What are you talking? She's like, you're not making any sense, and I'm like She's like, what do you what are we doing? I said in my mind, I'm like, we're trying to go home, and like I just could not say it. You're just kind of making noises. No. No, It's like it's like I could picture the word and like I was like say that, and I just would not happen. I was like, I know what I want to say. I just I don't know why I can't say because I could still talk, but I couldn't like talk, you know, uh, deliberately, and I couldn't say what I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: You're just saying random shit or you weren't talking all You're just looking at her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was just kind of like I don't know, Like I know what I'm trying to say to you, I just I can't verbalize it. I don't know what's going on. Yeah, Like we gotta get home, Jesus, So I go. I sit in my car for like twenty minutes, like waiting for this to like calm down, right, and so like we're on the phone and get in the car back we get we call the call all the trainers, like something's going on, like we need to figure something out. Todd calls you the ears ready for you, like, go on, go, get go, see what's going on. And so my wife we drive to the to the r and by that time everything stopped. So I'm like, I knew we were talking about the tumble bus, I knew we had Dodge Sport Like I was like I wanted to say this, but then say I wanted like it was done. So we go in there and they're doing all the tests or you know, CT scan anything you can think of, and they're like, yeah, you probably looks like you maybe had like a little you know, mini stroke or baby stroke whatever. Just to start taking some baby aspirins and you should be good. We'll keep you overnight and we'll see what happens, okay whatever, like probably.
Speaker 2: Just had a mini stroke. Yeah, hey, it's no big deal, just had a mini stroke. Just take this baby aspirin.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna have to take baby afterins for the rest of my life. Yeah, guys, So that Wednesday night and the Thursday and we go home like nothing shows up. Like we're talking obviously with with Rabel and all them, trying to figure like I don't know what happened. Apparently we're good. So I come in on Friday be able to play. Never doubted it, right, So we're coming on Friday, started going again, and we're in our online meeting, and at that time we would do like our board test to kind of see like where we were. You were in there, right, Yeah, it was with the line. And so it's my turn, and I get the most basic play there is, right, It's almost like lead left essentially, and I thought I crushed it, and I really I feet it was if it was Ben or Taylor, but they you were like you know, So the.
Speaker 2: Way that the way the room set up is a whole the whole room's dry erase sports basically, and so keith of calling and say you're up, you're at ball. You remember this, Uh, Dennis sits behind me, and then Ben sits in front of me, and then the board that then Dennis went up to was between me and Ben. So Dennis and I don't want to take too much of this from me, but like Dennis is up there do this thing and kind of fucked it up. And that's not only up plays, like you know. Sometimes even then I'll get up there and just draw something up and they'll be like hey, no, I'm like, oh, I meant this, and then that's it. Dennis does the ship right, Yeah, so you fucked something up like he had the full back going somewhere weird or something like that.
Speaker 1: Just a super basic thing and put up.
Speaker 2: And then Keith calls it four more dudes up, and this is kind of just standing over me, and he's standing over me, and I'm like, you know, I'm like, hey, Dennis, go back to your chair and he's like sorry, like it was really I didn't think anything of it.
Speaker 1: I remember this because I remember you're saying, like, yo, what are you doing? Yeah, I don't know where I am right now? And I sit down and chair that's right, What the fuck is going on with you? Yeah? And I said you need like you need to get someone.
Speaker 2: So we this is as like I just got this is as we're finishing everything up.
Speaker 1: Then it's like you need to get somebody.
Speaker 2: And literally Dennis is like you can tell like Dennis is trying to communicate something but he just he just can't and he's like tears are coming.
Speaker 1: Down his eyes but he's not showing the expression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can tell like this dude has having an internal struggle that he can't communicate.
Speaker 1: He's like trapped in his body. So I'm hitting boost.
Speaker 2: He's down the hallway right, shoving people out of the fucking way, getting to the trainers, kicking down the door, getting Adrian and Todd. Yeah, and you know them, Hey, like some's happening with Dennis.
Speaker 1: We gotta go, and we start.
Speaker 2: They start spreading something like oh, this ship's real, because apparently whatever they knew was going on them. Well, I was like running, like should I like, you know, when you run and you're inside, yeah, you think, well, what should I be doing this?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I get there and then I'm like, hey, Dennis is like trying to do something, And before I could finish anything, they're fucking booking it and I'm like, oh, this is actually real. So they're slow. I beat them back to Dennis and Dennis is Yeah, Dennis is not sitting there with uh Keith oh Raabel that's right. Fred was in there with him and he's like he can't communicate, he can't talk, and he's crying but he doesn't know, Like it's not like crying like a weeping, it's like it's just tears. You don't know, dude, it was a fucking I'm out that game too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you were dealing with the concussions, that's perfect. So they call the ambulance. I go in and then they do all the tests like they like the best thing that came from is I knew I was healthy as ship like everything about me. They're like, we don't know what's going on because there's nothing wrong with you. So like the day was fucking exhausting, right, and like so like I'm sleeping and they're finally getting me to the room and because they don't know what I was, they put me like in the stroke unit, and so like the nurse who's pushed me around is talking to Jerryanna like can he talk, and Jared's like, yeah, he's just taking a fucking nap, like it's gonna be like because we didn't know like anything was going on. Well, see, they put like they like tracked my brain activity throughout the time I was there, so I had like during the time, I had like like almost like EEGs, but they're like they had to move my hair all that shit. So like I had that like three or four times. So Saturday comes along and like we're playing Houston, where my brother was coaching. So my mom was coming into town anyways, so like she was able to come by and like kind of see, like what's going Why are you in the hospital. So I get let out of the hospital at like twelve fifteen, right, so like the game had already started. I'm listening to the game on the radio on the way home. Like it took two or three weeks from when it all started for us to kind of maybe have an idea of what was happening. Because then so that would have been my second episode, right, yeah, Friday one. I had another one then next week, and I don't know if I told you this one, but so I showed up like I didn't go to work at all that week, right, yeah, show up and then hold on the whole week. Everyone was like, is Thatnis dead? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like welcome because you know they're not talking about it. You don't talk about but you.
Speaker 1: Just don't know.
Speaker 4: Usually you know what a guy's going through all of a sudden, every single day in the team meeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm sading to empty charity, so I'm always kind of reminder of it, like, hey, yeah, I was especially.
Speaker 1: I had nothing, but uh so I remember I did the I only went into like for the Friday meetings just to kind of like see what was going on and see if you could play, yeah, getting ready to play, but were I remember talking would in the locker room because he's trying, like like you said, like you see that You're trying to figure out what's going on. And I like started talking to him and I remember going like, it's kind of happening right now again like that my it was hard. I could do it, but it was hard for me to say, tell him what was going on. Yeah, So it was one of those things. I was like, Jesus Christ Man, like, how is this not stopping? Like, because like they're like when it wasn't happened, I felt fine, like there was nothing wrong. Like I was just like whatever. And then as soon as after that one, like maybe like three or four days later, the migraine started and like would wake me up in the middle of night and I'd have to like violently throw up Jesus my God. And so that's what they're like. So then they had to like start like treating me. They didn't put me in the concussion protocle obviously, because they didn't have a concussion, but like because it was a brain they had to kind of go through those steps because that was their best measure for me and had no idea what it was. And so we're sending our tests around the country to different universities, the different doctors to try and figure out if they've seen anything, if they've heard anything, And so doctor Williams comes in at this point. He says, like week three, maybe week four of like we think it might be the super rare migraine disorder that starts off with a couple stroke like episodes or many brain or brain seizer type thing, and then you just have migraines for like a month and a half. And he's like, usually timetables were right around like six weeks, so he gave me some. So the point then was to try and find some medicine to cut the tension when I was having the migraine.
Speaker 3: Because you're about to have migraines for the next time.
Speaker 1: Stop. Yeah, dude, I've all had a migraine wanted it was nothing to fuck around, right, And like I just slept the entire because like if I'm sick, I just try and sleep through everything. That's just how I respond to it. So I slept literally probably for about eighteen nineteen hours a day, and then they got the medicine going and it started working. I was like, Okay, now we have we're cooking with something. Then like six weeks on the dep gone, never had a problem since now do you ever think about it? Do you ever worry about it?
Speaker 4: So they just chalked it up as that rare migraine disorder and then that when it was done, you're just kind of like.
Speaker 1: Talk about North American medicine. Yeah, right, that's probably what it is.
Speaker 3: Six week done. I haven't talked about it since.
Speaker 1: They've had like obviously they've asked like if there's anything in like the first headache I had, like random headache, Like I was like, like, it's happening again, So like you're running the coupver to find the message. There's a little moment of like is it happening again? But then it's like I was just a headache, but like nothing, no residual, nothing, Damn, that's crazy. That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: So you don't put a whole season this year, never had anything like it, nothing of them.
Speaker 4: That's wild. You just re up to congrats on your contract. By the way, we always got to we always obviously were late. But Dennis, you know, he signed a little three year deal, always solid, big win. You know what I'm saying. What was it like to, uh to get paid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then shortly after the Titans drafted first round draft pick at right tackle.
Speaker 1: You know that whole Aaron Rodgers thought, Yeah, no, is that what you said there? And think about I mean, I mean, that's not comparisons. I felt like I was the quarterback from draft day right where you're sitting there watching, and obviously it went the other way around where they picked the guy that you didn't want them to pick. But signing the deal was really, like obviously really cool because like going into year and nine back then, there's that point of like, yo, it's like I'd never really had a chance to start, Like I started my rookie year for ten games because of injury, and then the next spring they drafted Lane Johnson, so I was like, I'm not playing unless there's injury, right, and so like I never had a real, in my opinion, real chance to actually show that I can play, and I thought I always could play, Like I always felt like Oh, I feel like I'm better than this guy. I feel like I'm better of this guy, Like at least just give me.
Speaker 4: A shot at shot.
Speaker 1: And so that's where like getting this deal, I was like, at least I should at least have a shot to play, to be the guy, to be the guy to like because like that was one of the things, like because there was at some point, like the possibility of going to play for Houston because of where my brother was and like being able to play with him, like that would be, like it would be really cool to say that you got to work with your brother in the NFL. What does he coach? He is still technically the offensive coordinator because he's still.
Speaker 3: On shit, that would be that would be you got a nice little family.
Speaker 1: Right, So, like, but there was that point of like I don't want to go in like seven years where I'm done to be like, fuck man, I should have at least tried to get a place to start, right, And so I finally get that, and it's like, Okay, it's good, Like we're gonna kick asses here, like super excited, like and then obviously you always hear like Twitter always had, you know, during that dead period and obviously, I think it was extra because of COVID. There was nothing but just like draft talk and free and to talk like what's going to happen where we are sitting scroll.
Speaker 2: You like me like, well, like we always love looking at that ship. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you definitely want to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Because you don't want like the worst case would have been if I had no idea that was going to happen and then they just draft the tackle first round and you're like, what the fuck? Man? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, But I was a little even without the you know, the scrolling and reading and all that, Like I kind of had an idea because there was a trend of that happening in the NFL that happened like the year before and a couple of guys where they brought someone in, drafted the first round guy and then suddenly just relegated the guy they signed to the swing tackle, and so like I was, I was obviously pretty upset about it because it was like, you know, I got promoted and demoted before I even had a chance to show. So yeah, so that like that, it was like I was very frustrated. Combine that with like going through the COVID restrictions and lockdown all that, like everything was just stewing. So I was just sitting there like motherfucker like and so like I felt like it helped me because like I felt like I came into camp, I had a great campus year, yeah, and I feel like I played relatively well this year.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously we didn't go all the way.
Speaker 2: But you know, but when you're as an offensivelignment, you can't, like for any position, you can have a great year and not win it.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of right, but it's like obviously like there's still because it's still like like the whole like getting like clear my mind thing, like the process because the league is still going to the season still going on, and you're watching the games, like, well, could we could we have beat in the Bills? Could we have been in the cheat? Like but donkey.
Speaker 2: The Bills sayed.
Speaker 3: Tuesday hey without without practicing?
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Remember that game was sponsored by Zoom.
Speaker 2: Remember at the end of the game that it's funny so going sorry, so do you think you can beat the Bills?
Speaker 1: Could be the change? Right, So like so there's that process of like ship fuck we lost our last game, Like that's still kind of like the way we lost that game too, you know, like the offense didn't go as well as we wanted to. But like on an individual level, when you're try and look at it, it's like, yeah, I feel like had a good year. Like an of the big runs were to the right. I know there were some hats made. I don't know why you ran right, mostly run left, but you know the guy who made the hats got hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but we still we still we kept selling those motherfuckers run.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, you can go to Barstool Sports and you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah. So it's like I'm ready to get ready to go in again.
Speaker 2: And so you feel good about the year you had the press because you had anxiety too, because based on the way your contract was set up and your Gary T you're like, this could be a one year like and then they drafted the they drafted Isaiah, and you're thinking, yeah, Panda, and you're thinking, damn, I might.
Speaker 1: Only be here one year.
Speaker 3: I was just kind of a transition mentor guy.
Speaker 1: And there was a part of me like that I was worried that like it didn't matter what I did that at some point they were going to try and play a first rounder, right, like, yeah, that's usually what happens. Thought right, Like, you don't, That's just a normal thought process anytime someone gets trapped. And so it was just like, fuck, man, I'm gonna get screwed over and then I'm like this was my shot and now I'm going to be over thirty going into free agency. Not never being you know, the guy, always just being you know, good at a lot of things, but not great at anything.
Speaker 3: Right, right, A top swing guy, right, but not every Swiss army knife.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah. And so I was just there was like that moment of like, yo, I'm just gonna get royally screwed and it doesn't matter what I do.
Speaker 2: And to your credit too, when we were I remember your bone because he was whining the.
Speaker 3: Tailor, Hey, what the hell to mean? Yeah, we had some late risks.
Speaker 2: Dennis and I have always had the relationship where just one of us about something. There's always been an open ear. You know what I'm saying, come here, talk to me. I talked to Dennis three or four times during the year about how much what do I do able bond?
Speaker 1: It was just me giving it back. Yeah, it was deserved.
Speaker 2: But uh to give to give you credit to we, I mean we obviously have ot as.
Speaker 1: We didn't do camp.
Speaker 2: We had camp, and it was a weird camp. You gave Isaiah every opportunity. You helped him so much to the part I look at him like I wouldn't be doing that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, you do have a Guys have different ways of going about it. It's just a it's just a revolving door of a business. Like I was sitting in the bar, like it's I didn't get signed like a deal you had, but I signed a one year, like two million dollars deal to come here, and I'm sitting in the bar and they drafted They traded up and drafted Rashan in the first round. Yeah, and he you know, he was out all camp with his hamstring. They force fed him the play regardless of what was going on, how he looked and all that. So it just like, you know, you just don't know how to play it all the time.
Speaker 1: And I remember during one of our venting sessions where I was like, you know, they're gonna want me to help them too, Why the would I do that? And like obviously I was angry, like I was mad.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's the point of venting is you can say whatever you want. The ears are listening are kind of just an error. You could be venting to this fucking TV.
Speaker 1: But you know, but yeah, so like it's it's And someone asked me early on like like are you helping them? Like how would you want? You know how media gets with like they're wording their questions again, Like it would be really stupid and like a shitty move for me not to at least give them some guidance and some pointers seacause at some point, we're all trying to win. We're all on the same team, so like there's like there's a common goal there.
Speaker 4: And especially if you see somebody has something that you're like, you don't want to see them fail, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, it's not the kids, it's not the kids. For that.
Speaker 2: Jeff left tackle this year, I'd be like, yeah, what do you need? Yeah, you're not gonna win the.
Speaker 1: Job, but like yeah, yeah, you're I'm mad at the person person, right, you know. So yeah, that was a that was a fun couple a couple of months or so, going into camp.
Speaker 2: Too, with so much I've I mean, anytime something happens to me, I take it personally and I'm like, how can I fucking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, we're aware as as risk as risk opponents of yours.
Speaker 2: We are aware. I don't take anything and make it personal motivate me. Yeah, Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan yourself when I took a person Yeah, yeah. Watching watching you go through that, it's like it was so on brand for how the whole process was getting emotional upset about the situation, and then right before it was time to act on those emotions, you leveled out and handled it like a pro, which is really cool. But you know, people say it all the time. You're the best pro, best pro in the room. Bro, be a pro.
Speaker 3: You're also what is it, You're also the I'm brain fart right now?
Speaker 1: Well, it's an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I'm our nfl P, a rep NFLPA. We do need it, we do need we do need to wrap it up. But I am curious, since you're a rep, how you think how do you feel about selling out for a union that doesn't really give a fuck about the players and does a horrible job negotiating all cbas.
Speaker 1: A tailor's been hurt, as that has been hurt, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have to suffer from eating healthy. Trifecta helps you stick to nutritional goals. It's convenient and it's science backed nutrition. All Triffecta's meals follow scientific nutritional principles. Their food quality is Trifectus Priority fresh food, farm to fork supply chain, never frozen, organically produced, gluten free meat that is Animal Welfare Level five. That is the highest possible level you.
Speaker 1: Can be rated.
Speaker 4: It is fully cooked food, so there's no waste of time cooking or cleaning. Just heat and get healthy meal prep the way elite athletes do, the way the Boys do, the way Dennis does. You can get meal plans that fit people's lifestyles, whether your vegan, paleo, keto, whatever, dude, they have meal plans for you.
Speaker 1: It's more than just food. It's a nutrition program.
Speaker 4: Triffecta has an app to help track your meals in fitness, a community for Triffected customers to support progress, and of course what you like the most about your Triffected meals.
Speaker 3: It's more than just food. It's a nutrition program.
Speaker 4: Triffecta has an app to help track your meals and Fitness a community for Traffecta's customers to support progress and of course what you like most about your Triffected meals, shop meal plans and get forty percent off meal prep with code Busting b U s SI N. All you have to do is go to Trifectnutrition dot com slash busting for this exclusive offer of forty percent off for the boys.
Speaker 2: Nothing in specific or like if you will say a topic the PD stuff? Yeah, right, do you think maybe we should fucking think on that a little bit next time?
Speaker 1: Union?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Well guess you that's this question you can answer his first. So should we work on the ped suspend deal? Yes? Okay? Would you say it's a flawed system? I mean it's it's what's hard about that is like it's supposed to be a Competit's a competitive advantage disadvantage issue, right, and so you do have to make it black and white that you can't have a gray. The problem is what I think the issue is is that the NFL and sports in general need to push to have that industry regulated because there are.
Speaker 2: You're seeing supplements because it is kind of the wild up.
Speaker 1: There was a documentary called Bigger Stronger Faster that came out I was in high school, but it talked about the use of steroids and like what it was, and it took it from like a non like steroids are bad or stereos are great. It took it straight up like this is what they do. And he went There was like a ten minute segment where he essentially he made his own supplement, put whatever he said, wanted it on the labels, that this could sell at a g n C if I got it in there. It's baking powder and sugar, and it's like but because you don't have to say what's in it, It's like players are always trying to do something to obviously recover better, you know, get stronger, find that ad you want to help yourself, and you could.
Speaker 4: You could probably jump through loopholes, pay for the certification and get NSF certified, and if you still popped on it, it's still your responsibility because the NFL tells you like, yeah, it can be on our band substance list, or it can be it can be NSF certified, which is like our regulation. But if you get popped in it's NSF certified, they're like, hey, you're so responsible.
Speaker 2: For well, yeah, because the issues you can't find where it came from. I could say I'm taking all the sublements, and then when I failed for Austraian, I could be taking Austria on the side and there would be no way for me to prove that one way or the other. And it's like, you know, people talk about our government all the time like, oh, it's a data systems, Like, but what are we going to do? What's will you change? It's the same thing with this. It's like, yeah, I get pissed off about the PD thing, like it's we need to change something because it's bullshit, and but like, what are.
Speaker 1: You going to change? It's better than just the yeah, the you know the problem that affected.
Speaker 3: The NFL verus NFL PA.
Speaker 4: It's more it seems like an industry thing, right, getting a regulated industry.
Speaker 2: Well, Rabel, uh, when I when I had my p D, I went I told John before all this stuff happened, and I told Rabel, and Raybel brought a good point up to me. He goes, here, here's what you have to get over. Right now, half the people think you did it. We're going to think you did it in the other half are going to think you're innocent. That's just what it is. And now that's how you get over it. I'm like, fuck some good ass advice, right, because really you get there and you're like, I go and tell the boys before I go to the press conference and stuff, and it's like I'm looking at it half the team. I'm sure half these guys probably think I fucking took something. You know, it's just what it is. There's nothing you can do about. I'm sure there's people out there and that think of me as a cheater, and it's just what it is.
Speaker 1: And you just have to get over that ship.
Speaker 2: And it's like it does suck, right, It definitely was. It's because it's not obviously something I ever wanted to do or tried.
Speaker 1: I mean, you handled it well.
Speaker 4: Obviously you probably had your own personal yourself. But I'm saying I've jokingly said, boy, you've handled it. You've handled it well.
Speaker 2: I've jokingly said even on this podcast, like the last years have been shipped. Really, my last two years of my career have been ship fail for PD.
Speaker 1: And you know, I.
Speaker 2: Every every year I want to make a Pro Bowl, Like that's like my goal, right.
Speaker 1: I have the capability of the ability to do that. I play like it. That's when I hold myself to the standard.
Speaker 2: Fail for PD, lose a bunch of money and have this tainted thing on my resume, and then the next year I come out playing good ball and tear my sale and it's just like, yeah, it's all perspective at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's all perspective because when you came back from YOUPD, you had some holding calls, But I mean, you the form you're looking in towards the end of the year and all that stuff, it's like, oh, yeah, you can't discredit that ship like you were having a Pro Bowl style. You're playing a Pro Bowl style. You're playing Pro Bowl style.
Speaker 2: But if you were, I mean, if you ask any tackle in the league, if I'm a pro boar, still they say, yes, it's just the ship that happened. Like, it's just how do you come back from How do you play after you come back? That's gonna be the question. You know you're gonna crush it. But even before you tore your ACL, you were bawling yes. So I'm just saying your last two years weren't ship. It's if you think.
Speaker 4: Was I a Pro Bowler and if the answers and if that a team lates to being ship, then yeah. But I'm just saying like when you've played, you've been.
Speaker 1: You've been there. Just the ability to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I mean, trust me, I'm upset too. Hey, boys missed out on two bowls in a year. I'm missed out on two. Like I ain't got much time left. My question was what do you feel like the off seasons are going to look like moving forward? Especially with all the information we have now, like winning the Cleveland Browns winning a playoff game without practicing all week, us beating the Bills without practicing, Like we have facts and information that it shows we don't have to more doesn't necessarily equate to more. And we didn't have OTA's, we didn't have no spring, none of that. What do you feel like is going to happen? What do you think the outlook of the future is going to between the NFL and the NFL PA.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be really interesting because I actually I do have an interesting dynamic with my brother because he's the coach aspect of it, and they, I mean, obviously they don't really have a say in like the practicing setup or anything like that. But as any coach, they want more practice more, you know, Like yeah, so, but I do think it's going to be really interesting to see how the owners combat our argument to what you just said. Like we had a new coach make the playoffs with the Browns. They we won with having what one practice they.
Speaker 3: Won onct in sixteen days?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won a playoff game, right, And so like the the fact that like the stat what was it, it was that scoring was up, penalties are down, and miss tackles were down. You can make Yeah, so you can make a case that penalties are down, Like that's just a you know, yeh, that's gonna go. Yeah, But like the miss tackles is I think is actually really big because that's one thing you see a lot is just bad form, bad technique, and guys kind of breaking out early in the season. That's uh. For that to be down, I think shows that we and you know, we talked about being a pro right, Like a lot of these things were built in because guys weren't working out all year. Guys weren't they Camp used to be now this is decades ago. Camp used to be like eight weeks or nine weeks because they had to get the guys in shape and then they played football. Right. Yeah, well, like it's not really necessary anymore. Like, you know, we're the only league in the world that I know of that has an off season program randomly, like in the middle of the off all the break. Yeah, like baseball pictures and catchers report like a month early or a couple of weeks earlier than everyone, but that's still a continuation of their season. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can make the argument that football is different than these sports that don't have these off seasons, but baseball plays won sixty two games out a year and they go jump right in after a couple.
Speaker 1: Months off, right, you know, but there's like that physical aspect of it. So then they're like, why would you like the whole? Like my biggest thing is like when we were talking about the CBA negotiations last time, and everyone had questions and like we're verbiage and wording and everything like that, I was like, you have to be careful with loopholes with like coaches, because because remember all the loopholes in college that you would like, you can't have twelve eleven people in the huddle, So you put twelve people, you'd make an illegal formation where the guy would be like the wider, she would be like right on the the out of bounce line to make it an the legal formation. So you could have your walkthroughs or you have a towel instead of a ball like that. Yeah. Oh that ship right. So the one that like, uh hit me was like it was walk through. Talk talked about walk through and they were saying that like it was something. The wording was like jogging or teaching tempo, And I was like, you got to get jogging out of there because as soon as you do that practice, Like, what how do you determine my jog versus your job run through? Yeah? Exactly, And so.
Speaker 2: That ship, dude, the first couple of walkthroughs, Yeah, in camp, you're like, god, damn bolts are flying.
Speaker 1: Yeah because they working moves. You're like that I don't have a helmet on the chest. Yeah, because you have rookies trying to make, you know, make an impression everything that. Like I remember we had to walk through with Chip Kelly's his uh new coach mini camp, right, and everyone was walking through, so everyone wore gym shoes. It was more or less a fault, like everyone was slipping because everyone was trying to like break or do anything like. So from then on we had to wear cleats that walk this, and it's like, you just wish some guys would just be like, just put the shoes on, yeah and do it. You don't be all right, like if some dude tries to burn you. It's like no one wants a metal and walk through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Rale was a camp like shitting on dames for going too hard, just absolutely shitting on guys about that.
Speaker 1: That's just hilarious. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I tell you what that would have. It would make it more of a more of a veterans game.
Speaker 4: Because where the struggle becomes is developing these rookies and these new guys who come into the league.
Speaker 2: But do you go to having like a like a keeper keeping rookie mini camp, like a ten day process.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rookie comunic camps. Holy ship.
Speaker 4: I had to do two rookie mini camps because I was on practice squat my first year. So the next year, my my my linebacker coach comes up to me and is like, hey, I just you know, I want you if you're gonna get mad, I want you to get mad now. But you're gonna hate knowing that you're eligible to go to rookie Minicamp again and they're gonna ask you to go to rookie mini camp.
Speaker 3: It actually worked out.
Speaker 4: It Has was the decordinator at the time, and we didn't draft a linebacker, so they got to put I had more attention since I was already on the team, so they got to kind of focus on me and stuff, and I feel like that's actually where I got more of a chance to make the team the next year. But I was so pissed off that I had to do two rookie mini camps. Yeah, it was a brutal, dude.
Speaker 2: Rookie minni camp is probably the most blood bath of everything right here, the most fucked up weekend.
Speaker 1: The coaches are all.
Speaker 4: In all of your heads because you don't know nothing to leave.
Speaker 1: It's a legit game. Yeah. Yeah, again, everyone's trying to make that first impression. So it's and like OTA is like you know, there's supposed to be like no contact and like things like that, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Everyone does it. Yeah, like like like every like hey, that cameras blinking. I don't know what the that means, but talking too him. Yeah, our forty one.
Speaker 1: So it'll be really interesting to see how that plays out, because I personally don't think we will have an OTAs this year. That'd be awesome just because like start that risk.
Speaker 2: Boys, I was I wasn't even planning on going to campus year right.
Speaker 1: Because your knee and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, program, I'm well ahead of schedule right now. I'm fired up about it. Yeah, I wasn't even planning on doing that. I'll go to hopefully there'll be a Zoom meetings where you like, because I do.
Speaker 1: Like talking ball.
Speaker 2: I love the camaraderie with the boys and the boys all get together.
Speaker 4: I love that. Is there much camaraderie on the Zooms though it's tough. We had our little we had our little comedy comedy hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, we're able to put that put that on us what five days before? Yeah, and we're like, okay, I guess we'll just figure this out then. Yeah, but Calliando crushed it. He did, he did.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you guys going to fit for more for more ads, but fucking right, keep we changed topic and that we just keep waiting five stars and by March, dude, that's a big thing.
Speaker 1: We're just hot, hot heat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need all the tears repping the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know what I think we should do. I think we should get jerseys.
Speaker 2: I think so pennies. Yeah, like little across crop top pennies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you put you put on the back just the last name is tear and you have the numbers one, two, and three.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I like that ship that's cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, go go.
Speaker 1: We don't have those. We don't have those.
Speaker 3: But I love I love how it was bought. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Don't wear a penny, no question, no tarp under, just having the belly button show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were saying that I didn't really know what the jersey was that you were referring.
Speaker 1: To drop top pennies.
Speaker 2: They have like thick holes in them like this, and then at the top is like a mess, right.
Speaker 1: Like that go down to like here, but they fucking right where the rib cage ends. It's like right there.
Speaker 4: Oh, that would be solid like way you used to wearing like a youth football to practice.
Speaker 3: Your parents trap you off. You either got an oversized t shirt on.
Speaker 1: You like your dad's T shirt. Do that fucking the red with the white top.
Speaker 3: The best water you'll ever drink?
Speaker 4: That ud you said, trash trash, dude, ice filled up with ice and water.
Speaker 2: Oh if legit, if you if you grow up in Arizona drinking like tap water, you can go to Mexico and drink the water.
Speaker 1: That's how that water is out there.
Speaker 4: I mean that Missouri built different. You know what I'm saying. But I ain't nothing you're gonna put. You're not gonna put your mouth on anything better than a than a red igglue cooler, a red igglue curler.
Speaker 1: You'll put nothing.
Speaker 3: Nothing better will go in your mouth than that cooler of water.
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, have the rest of these things. There's so much ship. Oh no, we don't. I don't think we got time for this ship. Dude. We can cut all of Dennis's talk about it being in high school and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could shorten what's what's up by that?
Speaker 1: Keep the funny moments, obviously.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe and Rade five stars.
Speaker 4: Big shout out to you guys if you enjoyed this episode and love and support Busting with the Boys. Go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again.
Speaker 1: It helps the.
Speaker 4: Boys climb the charts, and again we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like. If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they're on YouTube at Busting with the Boys. We're also on social media a Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere. Go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal, But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the Boys always in forever