Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Meet Friday Dan and the Dan Edge Dan Patrick Show coming up, the most must win game of the weekend, and more of your phone calls as well.
Speaker 3: Update our poll results.
Speaker 2: Just went out into the kitchen to survey the scene for Meat Friday, Dylan doing the honors hambone soup and then we have empanadas, cheeseburger and panadas. We have pork, empanadas, chreizo and panadas. I'm not quite sure the difference when I go in and get a casadia, an empanada and something else. What are the other ones that tacos, casadillas, ca sadilla's. Yes, that's a delivery system for the meats. Yes, but I don't know the If you said mpanada, those are a little bit smaller, like half moon type things.
Speaker 4: According to empanada dot Com, Dan, it's more of a fried or baked turnover, okay, and a little bit more puff eithern a casadia or other things like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, what about a chimmy changay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another one. I'm not quite sure. I love Mexican food. But if you said, hey, you're gonna get a casadia or a Chimmi changa. I probably I'm guessing what's inside.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you up on the culinary delights? I try to be up on the culinary delights?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still I'm obsessed right now with a breakfast and panada is really all I can think of breakfastanada? Yes, bef, we're making empanadas right now. May you throw some eggs and maybe some potatoes in one of those cams?
Speaker 3: Make it up?
Speaker 2: But didn't we have breakfast burritos earlier this week? Okay, those were delicious.
Speaker 3: Too, say, Mexican food is top seed in terms of food delivery systems. A taco, a.
Speaker 6: Burrito, an empanada, all of them are about as perfect as they get.
Speaker 3: And then you throw into margarita ballgame. What you got a problem with chips and salsa? Oh, buddy, perfect, that's perfect. They're really culinarily speaking. Oh dude, are you kidding? Yeah? Perfect? Yeah, like nice cold beer, yes.
Speaker 5: Pully dan.
Speaker 4: Coincidentally, I'm on Jimmy Changa dot com and Jimmy Changa is a deep fried burrito. It's more of a text mes and it's more popular in America than in Mexico more of a offshoot.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, thank you, good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, see what you're missing if you don't download the app, and you could watch the show while you learn. And we say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country as well. Uh, we'll get to more phone calls coming up. Football, Tonight football, last night football. This weekend, it's time to play most must win game of the weekend. If you do want to include tonight's game, technically we're talking the weekend, Todd, I'll start with you the.
Speaker 3: M M W go ot W.
Speaker 7: I wrote Rams crossed it out, wrote Bills crossed it out, And I am going with tonight's game with the whole story with the Heisman winner and the number one team to do all that and come up short of playing for the national title. Indiana Hoosiers must win this game tonight against.
Speaker 2: Our Indiana favored by three and a half over under forty eight and a half. Speaking of gambling, another episode of Dan Patrick Takes a Gamble available at danpatrick dot com. It was pretty wild yesterday. Marvin was in there listening with Bad Larry. You had Dylan and Shay and Shay taking us back to his dark days. Man, those are dark days. And we did get around to placing some bets. Seaton most must win game of the weekend.
Speaker 6: I think the Ear of Buffalo Bills need to win. Sean McDermott needs to win, Josh Allen needs to win. There's no Patrick Mahomes, there's no Lamar Jackson. It is now or never.
Speaker 3: There's already people talking about if Sean McDermott has outlasted maybe his welcomer over say it a little bit, which is a little kind of crazy to me, but it is something people are talking about. They absolutely need to win, not only this game, but the Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 2: What it feels like we do focus on quarterbacks with super Bowls, not as much coaches not getting to a super Bowl, but in this case with Sean McDermott, and it just feels like there has been that expectation that they should be in a super Bowl, should have been in a super Bowl. By the way, Sunday night, it'll be the Chargers in New England to take on the Patriots and that'll be wild Card Weekend. You can see it on NBC in Peacock. Sunday at seven thirty Eastern Marvin, the most most win game of the weekend.
Speaker 8: You're la rams DP. I got them most of US win League MVP to me. The best receiver of football Pooka Nicour ten point favorite.
Speaker 5: You got to pull this.
Speaker 2: One out, by the way, DraftKings just sent me odds early Super Bowl anytime touchdown score. Who has the best odds to score a touchdown in this year's Super Bowl? I don't think you're gonna get this one, Pauli, Jackson Smith, and Jeeba second second on the list.
Speaker 7: Todd, I was thinking Nakula, but based on what you said, it can't be him because it's he said it's a less obvious one.
Speaker 3: No, he's down.
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy is plus four fifty. And then you've got one two, three, four five at plus five hundred, pookin a Coupa plus six hundred seaton.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Pooka Akua too, but maybe like Christian.
Speaker 2: McCaffrey, Nope, not on the list. Yes, Marvin, Trey Henderson, No, Yes, Todd Courtland Sutton, Courtland Sutton, No, but he's on the list. Jackson Smith, the Jigma, Davante Adams Kenneth Walker, the third, R J. Harvey, Hyran Williams, pookin a coua Courtland Sutton. But the guy with the best odds to score a touchdown anytime in the Super Bowl, Zach Charbonnet.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to be right.
Speaker 3: I got a list right here from draft.
Speaker 4: You know, it's printed out and everything, and it's on paper. I'm actually gonna throw the bs the fly. Where is the flag? It's in the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: Early Super Bowl anytime touchdown scorer Zach Sharboney.
Speaker 4: Surprise right now. Yeah, if you would, you would go Kenneth Walker. I would think I would the third or the second?
Speaker 3: Yes, So how do I like?
Speaker 6: Uh, I'm gonna use the wrong terms here, But how do I like short that bit?
Speaker 3: How do I go the opposite bed?
Speaker 6: Is this like a polymarket thing where you jump on it and be like, I say, it's not gonna happen, don't that's the obvious ones you should.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can bet against Zach Charbonet like you can bet with others. That's your way of saying I don't believe in him. But I don't think it's you know, either Zach or you.
Speaker 6: Why can't I vote the other way on that bet and say I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if somebody will take your bet. I don't know that, but we can look into that. I'm going to do the most must win game of the weekend the Steelers, because we already saw what happened with John Harbaugh. I don't know if Aaron Rodgers coming back, you could see because it feels like Pittsburgh, an older team, is headed towards a rebuild, and if they would lose this game.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you just.
Speaker 2: I think nationally we have not realized just how warm that seat feels to people in Pittsburgh. With Mike Tomlin, it is a local versus national perspective and perception. But if you lose that game, now you're not favored to win, but you're still at home.
Speaker 3: And you're a three point underdog. But if if Mike Tomlin loses another first round playoff game and Aaron Rodgers, do you want to come back? So I'm gonna say, Pittsburgh, Yes, Marv.
Speaker 8: That just shows you the expectations of a Steelers fan in a Steelers organization that Mike Tomlins never had a losing season, but they're like, all right, we've had enough of this because you haven't won a playoff game in what ten years?
Speaker 2: Because if I say to Steeler fans, hey, the next ten years, you're not going to have a losing record, Chances are you're going to be getting in the playoffs, but you're not going to win any playoff game. What Steeler fan is going to sign up for that? Right, Hey, we didn't have a losing season and we made the playoffs, but we didn't win again. I mean, this is coming from Pittsburgh. They expect to win championships or compete for championships, not get into the playoffs and then lose in the first round. So I would say the Pittsburgh Steelers would be my choice there, all right, a couple of phone calls in here, Oh Paul, if I didn't get to you, It's okay.
Speaker 4: It's not that great. The most must win game of the weekend would be the Eagles, and specifically Nick Sirianni. He gets the one year haul pass and it extends if he does well in the playoffs. But if you lose in the first round at home, you now have undone your Super Bowl goodwill instantaneously.
Speaker 2: And if you look at what's at stake here in the playoffs, Matthew Stafford, maybe another super Bowl, he's going to be the MVP. Maybe Josh Allen finally gets to a super Bowl. How about Trevor Lawrence and the Jags if they would get there? Talk about a recovery New England Vrabel Drake may the early stages of maybe doing another dynasty there. What about Justin Herbert and Harbaugh going to a Super Bowl? Herbert could really use that. The Texans c J Strown that defense. What I like if the Eagles win another Super Bowl? Nick Sirianni and Jalen Hurts become Hall of Famers, don't they right? Sirianni would have back to back Super Bowls for a guy that we thought might get fired a year ago. And Jalen Hurts he's been to two Super Bowls. He's the MVP in one of them, and if he got back in one another one. What if Caleb Williams went to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: My bad?
Speaker 4: You shouldn't say it out loud.
Speaker 2: The Packers without Micah Parsons, Jordan Love could use it. Matt Lafleur could use it. So there's there are scenarios here. Uh you know the Niners would what they been through Seattle going back Sam Darnold that image remake.
Speaker 3: Dang people would then you.
Speaker 2: Know, uh know who the coach is for the Seattle Seahawks as well?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Martin.
Speaker 8: So the Panthers are they the only team playing with house money? Almost like last year's Commanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't include them, and I you know I should they're in the playoffs, but yeah, kind of But what would that do to Bryce Young and Bryce Sung and the Panthers? I know, long shot, but that we're playing the game.
Speaker 8: Right, Yes, if they get to the NFC Championship game, there's gonna be a real pressure. Wait is he a franchise quarterback right now? He's just the starting quarterback?
Speaker 2: Well, he needs he's looking for a new contract, like you talk about. This would solidify him as although it's not fair doing, but I kind of go it kind of a right handed tua I can. I'm just not sure, but they look they made the playoffs and you have to respect that. Everything that he's gone through leading up to this, it's a pretty good story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, point, Dan, you're unintentionally playing the game we played a year ago. In this segment legacy boost who or what we get the biggest legacy boosts? We should continue this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot. I forgot we had a title to.
Speaker 5: This legacy boot.
Speaker 3: Yes done.
Speaker 7: He's already a Hall of Fame and held in extremely high regard. But how much rumor is there for us to look at Aaron Rodgers even a bigger deal if he can take this Steeler team all the way to the super Bowl and win in get that second ring even though he's already of the greatest ever.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's got one ring. There are a lot of guys that have played who have one ring quarterbacks. It's getting to that second one. But yeah, we can play the legacy game. You can do that. A couple more phone calls Chris in La, Hi, Chris, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 11: Good morning Dan. You know, if my thunder is going to be stolen, I'm glad it was by the great Chris Fowler. He touched on what I was going to say, and that I think if this is that last play last night had been a ten or twenty yard pass, they probably would have called pass in afference based on the way as you said they were calling the plays off a game. But I think because in essence it was a hail mary that you know, they weren't going to call it and decided down there and wanted.
Speaker 10: To swallow the whistle.
Speaker 11: Because think of all the hail mary's we've seen, how many times have we seen a passion afference called went afterwards? You see clearly there was jostling and all that. So I think it just was because they're used to just swallowing the whistle. That's why they didn't call it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and thanks for the phone call, Chris. That wasn't your traditional hail mary. So that's where i'd push back on that. A hail mary, they're not going to call it, but that you know, once again it was an intermediate mary. It's under forty yards and you know it wasn't just thrown up there. He was throwing to a target. I don't want the game to be about that. No call, It shouldn't be, but you can't help but address it and wonder if it was earlier, or maybe it was a fifteen yard pass instead of a forty yard pass, would it be called. I mean, I hate to think in that way, but if I'm a defense I'm a defensive coordinator, and I would say to my defensive backs, do whatever it takes, do whatever it takes. Keep your hands down low and if you got to hold, you got to grab whatever you have to do, they're not going to call it. So you're giving them an advantage in that situation. That's the problem I have. All right, Well, take a break. We'll continue to play the legacy boost who could benefit the most with playoff wins, a Super Bowl appearance, a Super Bowl win.
Speaker 3: We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 3: It's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio. We are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 8: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR.
Speaker 5: Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Gonna play the legacy boost game not only the player, but also the coach or other who could benefit the most in these playoffs. Here eight seven to seven to three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show Anthony Edwards at twenty five last night, he is now at ten thousand and two career points. And I was curious, he's twenty four, twenty four and one hundred and fifty six days. Who is the quickest to ten thousand points in NBA history. Lebron James did it in twenty three years, fifty nine days. Kevin Durant twenty four years, thirty three days, and right now that makes him third on the list to get to ten thousand career points. I don't know how old Wilt was when he got into the NBA, but you would have thought with the numbers that he put up that he would have gotten to ten thousand points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, I have Wilt Chamberlain being twenty two years old as a rookie in nineteen fifty nine, okay, and he nick he looked pretty good though as a rookie thirty seven and twenty seven, he averaged they don't look real when you look at his stets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's you know, Lebron was in at what eighteen nineteen? I think he was nineteen nineteen for Durant Anthony Edwards. So if Wilt came in, Wilt would have had fifteen thousand points probably by that by that age. Let me see Gary in San Antonio. Hi Gary, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hey Dan, I'm calling to correct your Danetz on the national pie dates. The three fourteen date, that's the machivil pie PI. The actual national pie date for the dessert is exactly two weeks from today, Friday the twenty.
Speaker 2: Third, Okay, I mean we could do that. I kind of liked the pie. I mean Seaton came.
Speaker 5: Up with that.
Speaker 3: I think that was the joke I was making, was that we knew it was PI PI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not PI three one four, not past interference.
Speaker 3: It was March fourteen, yes, Hunt, it.
Speaker 9: Wasn't pie day last night. If they didn't call Pi.
Speaker 3: No JJ and Florida hi JJ.
Speaker 13: It'd be tough to follow tall it After that one quick Mexican cooking lesson, I'm married into it and spend a little time living down there. Poplins are basically just like a way to get rid of leftovers like we made sandwiches or the French make omelets. Okay, In Mexico ninety nine point nine percent of the time it's a corn tortilla. Here in the States it's normally a flower tortia. And panadas I've only seen ever made with with wheat flour, So they're like a bread just sandwich sort of thing. And they can go from sweets like lavas or strawberries to breakfast like bacon and eggs and jalefenias.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you JJ. I've got a little food lecture there, Mexican food lecture. It's an opinion. Yeah, it's not fact. It's an opinion. Tom in Michigan, Good morning Tom, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Good morning, gentlemen. Six foot A couple of houses short of three trips around the block. As a person who doesn't mind spending a little of my social security and the fun of the gambling. My main rule that I violated last night's never been an under.
Speaker 9: Thing.
Speaker 10: Point I want to make Dan is that pick on Marv Fleming was unbelievable. I still don't know what teams are involved there. And the last thing I want to say before I leave is I enjoyed your interview with Leromie Follower. You guys have a good weekend, all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I enjoy talking to Chris Fowler. Great guy and uh.
Speaker 2: He's got a you know, personality sometimes doesn't come through when you're doing play by play, but when you do talk to him, you know, same thing like Jim Nantz. You know, these guys get an opportunity to talk. I mean they talk for a living, but they're kind of reciting what they're seeing, not necessarily able to give opinions. And I always enjoy talking to Chris. Okay, let's play the legacy boost. It could be coach, quarterback, owner, positional player, Todd I'll start with you whose legacy could use a boost the most with the playoffs?
Speaker 7: I would go with Jim Harball because after everything accomplished in college to be able to take a Charger team, they're all waiting to fall flat on their butts. If he can go on a run and get the NFL a super Bowl with Michigan, Jim Harbor would become all of a sudden, a really really big deal.
Speaker 3: All right, So Jim Harbaugh is off the board, Seaton.
Speaker 6: You're going off the board. Can I change the word legacy to perception.
Speaker 2: Let me check what the judges. The judges say, all right, well allow it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, because I'm trying to not do Josh Allen and the bills for everything related to the playoffs. Okay, because I very clearly think that this is important for them.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I'm struggling between c J. Stroud and Caleb Williams.
Speaker 6: Both of them, if they find a tremendous amount of success this postseason, their their perception. I guess slash legacy is going to jump through.
Speaker 3: The roof and you're gonna have to pick one.
Speaker 14: Though, why I said, I'm just saying these, Uh, I'll say say Williams.
Speaker 3: Nice, I'll say Caleb Williams.
Speaker 6: Caleb Williams jumps up into a new stratosphere quarterback if he goes far.
Speaker 2: He Marvin with your Chicago White Son's baseball cap on who were you picking?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Because I love them so much?
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: Okay, if Aaron Rodgers wins this next Super Bowl, it'd be very much kind of like Peyton Manning where you have all those super uh regularly the MVP Awards, but only one uh Super Bowl ring the show for it, so he's got to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sharon Rodgers off the board, Paul got here.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers was my number one overall draft pick in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah he would.
Speaker 4: He's not considered a top five all time quarterback, right Rogers. No, I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: But he's considered the most talented quarterback of all time. The thrower of the ball.
Speaker 4: Peyton Mannon needed the second Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: Really, it's still on the resume. Yeah, Aaron Rodgers his stats.
Speaker 3: I earned his second one more than Peyton did. Wow, harsh.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers stats, by the way, are the best in NFL history, five hundred and twenty seven touchdowns to only one hundred and twenty three picks. Damn, it's nuts. I'm going to pick Drake May.
Speaker 3: Uh oh.
Speaker 4: Drake May if he won the Super Bowl way ahead of schedule, becomes the guy for the future of the NFL, and all the attention would shift. Jane Daniels getting it. Other guys have flirted with it, but it'd be Drake.
Speaker 3: May Show going forward.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Jalen Hurts because that would be three Super Bowls that he's gone to and if he wins two of them, then he's going to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Yes, Doude, he's a.
Speaker 7: Sneaky one, someone that we thought would Wait, I thought you made your pick.
Speaker 3: I wasn't done yet.
Speaker 9: Oh, you're picking several people.
Speaker 3: It's a snake draft, so I get to go picking one.
Speaker 9: I didn't know you.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's two rounds. It's two rounds. Yeah, it's a snake draft. Oh, I got my pick. Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna go with Mike Tomlin because imagine winning a Super Bowl and then saying, you know, I'm gonna go into TV for a little while instead of bowing out in the first round.
Speaker 4: Paul, since you're going coaches, I'm with you. I'm gonna go Sean McVay. You get your second with Matthew Stafford and you're rolling. You now have the Hall of Fame ticket and it can't be taken away.
Speaker 5: Marvin Kyle Shanahan.
Speaker 8: Kyle Shanahan's owned two of Super Bowls and he still has the stink of the Atlanta Super Bowl one or two.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this would be huge.
Speaker 3: Seaton, Well, I went with a quarterback in my first one. Caleb Williams. I'm gonna go with c J. Stroud.
Speaker 10: CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud would have a huge perception bump Todd.
Speaker 7: Someone who he thought might be a bust recently, who's now going to show that Goldilocks maybe is gonna get all the way. What if Trevor Lawrence were to win a super Bowl when we were gonna write him off not too long, I think we'll be got a big, big boost in what we think about.
Speaker 3: We do the Snake Draft one more realm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're ready, Todd, because it's your turn again.
Speaker 9: Okay, I am going to go then with.
Speaker 7: Matt Lafleur becomes a much bigger deal in the coaching realm. As we look back, I don't really have a really good choice, but we're going for a third. We're getting down to the scraps here. I think Laflour taking this Packer team was a seven seed to a super Bowl.
Speaker 9: That would be pretty huge for me.
Speaker 6: I could have done this guy as my first option, not my third option. I'm shocked that he fell this far to me. I'm gonna stick with the quarterback theme that I have going. Jalen Hurts getting number two, Uh, that puts him That answers a lot of questions.
Speaker 3: You did do all my picks get taken? That did I said?
Speaker 5: I said?
Speaker 3: Jordan Love said the package? Then Eagles Parrot Packers. Hold on, let me go to the judge in Chicago. Eagles get Jordan Love, Marvin damn it, Justin Herbert.
Speaker 8: The perception is that he's a great quarterback, but he's got to show it in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Paul, Sean Payton and the Broncos Hall of Fame and you become rerelevant. He's close to being relevant. He went away for a while. It would do a lot for Sean Payton.
Speaker 3: The answer is Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 2: If Nick Sirianni wins another Super Bowl, he goes back to back Jack, he's gonna be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I think Paul is really on the one there too, because he there was a lot of turmoil there with the end of the start of the Sean Payton era did not go smoothly in Denver at all, and it was kind of like, what the hell is wrong with this guy? Who does he think he's Oh, he actually is a good coach.
Speaker 7: Yes, Todd, I think Nick Sirianni Pharaoh or not can win three or four Super Bowls, And there'll be a segment of people saying, like, in spite of Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 5: It would be right.
Speaker 2: How many coaches have won two Super Bowls? And we go, yeah, but they won in spite of him.
Speaker 3: It would be fun to do the McVeigh stafford, like, well he won with couldn't win without Matthew or couldn't win with Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you playing the worst coach to win two?
Speaker 3: Because I'm trying to think who I.
Speaker 5: Have a name?
Speaker 4: And I'm just saying it because if we start talking about the greatest coaches in NFL history, we'd be talking for a while before his name came up. Based off that hint. George Seffert of the forty nine ers. Oh, he does not get a lot of credit for winning two.
Speaker 3: But he's in the Hall of Fame, isn't he? H checking first ballot? I for some reason thought he was. I'm betting against it, mar Yes, Marmon.
Speaker 8: It definitely felt like he was winning with Bill Walsh's team and Bill Walsh's system.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, oh yeah, yeah, I think that hurts.
Speaker 8: It's almost like Barry Switzer. I know he didn't win two, but feels like, hey, I just want with Jimmy Johnson's players.
Speaker 2: That's how good Jimmy Johnson was that Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, I do not have George Seaffert in the Hall of Fame. Wow, other guys who've won two. Tom Coughlin, Andy Reid, Mike Shanahan, Jimmy Johnson, of course, Bill Parcells, Tom Flores, he's a Hall of Famer, Yeah, Tom Landry, Don schulebar everybody's a Hall of Famer there. Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 2: I think Coughlin is not a Hall of Famer yet checking he was on the ballot.
Speaker 3: I believe, Yes, Toney, George Seffert, Bay Area Sports Hall, That's what I meant. Chuck in there, that multi Hall of Fame, that's that's that's what I meant here. Ernest in Arizona, Hey, Ernest, I enjoyed the legacy Boes. We'll play it again next year at this time, Hey, Ernest.
Speaker 16: Hello, five seven, one sixty five. I'm just calling in as a Chargers fan to call Fritzy out why he picked Jim Harbaugh to be the legacy, just because he's trying to do it in spite so that uh, you know, he'll jinx the Chargers and le Broncos to go further than that.
Speaker 9: That's exactly what I did, reverse psychology.
Speaker 7: I'm going to play up with the other teams, like especially an AFC West team so they can crumble before my eyes.
Speaker 3: Jack and Oregon. Hi Jack, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Mister D.
Speaker 15: Five ten and uh spelled spelt yeah swell so uh. First and foremost, I just want to let you know that I've been with you since the old Oberman days, so I h I really enjoy your show, have for many many, many many years.
Speaker 3: Thank you John.
Speaker 15: You guys have brightened my life in a lot of ways, and I just want to thank you guys first and foremost that you do and the joy that you bring to so many of us.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jack.
Speaker 15: So moving on to sports here, I think my mm W G O t W has got to be the Bills in Jacksonville. It has to be the Bills. This is Josh Allen's here, and Joe Burrow may be fading into Dan Marino land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we should we should have taken Buffalo off the board. I think you know it's that big that you have this opportunity. You got Josh Allen, you know, Sean McDermott. You got some of the heavyweights out of the way, and this should be your year.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark, I.
Speaker 8: Don't think any of us picked him for the Legacy game, him or McDermott, right, No, yeah, so we knew. Like I think that's obvious.
Speaker 3: Aaron in Pennsylvania, Hi Eron.
Speaker 17: Hey Gang, Happy Meet Friday. I was wondering, do you think Mendoza is just too nice, too clean? He gets He's been getting a lot of backlash, and I wonder if that is part of it.
Speaker 10: I kind of like Kurt Warner.
Speaker 17: You know, everybody used to.
Speaker 18: Say he was he was, he was too clean.
Speaker 2: But but Aaron, if if Mendoza turns out to be Kurt Warner, sign me up, Sign sign me up.
Speaker 3: I'm good. You know, people wondered if Tim Tebow was.
Speaker 2: Really like that, Uh, Russell Wilson, if he's really like that, Kirk Cousins, if he's like that.
Speaker 3: There's so many players, uh, trying to think of.
Speaker 2: Those guys where you go you can't be that nice. Alex Rodriguez he now, I didn't. I don't think Alex was the way he represents himself. Yeah, no need to go down that rabbit hole. Uh, let me see Kevin and Burringham. Hi, Kevin, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey? Dan?
Speaker 18: Thanks so much, so Hey, that's gonna switch it up a little bit talking about last night. Do you did you guys find it interesting? Like around thirty seven seconds or so, old miss calls the time out. I feel like, kind of after that first down play they didn't really get yards. Carson bet gets up, looks a little bit confused, but old miss called the time out. I didn't understand that. I was going to see what you guess thought about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about and everybody with each side was playing the clock there and then you know, you're do you let somebody score and then you get the ball back? And how much time? And you know, so there were a variety of things that there was a whole lot that went on in that fourth quarter, a whole lot. All right, let me take a break. I'm checking the outdoor grilling. Uh, Dylan is plating things right now. How about we go out there during the commercial break, and if you're watching on Peacock, you'll be able to see the menu coming off the grills.
Speaker 1: We're back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls. What we learn, what's in store from Monday? Bill Cower will be on the show. Nice timing with the Steelers game this weekend and the fallout maybe from that game Steelers underdogs at home? What will be the lead story on Monday? Universal lead sports story. I'm not talking about headline. Don't write the headline, Todd, I'm just saying what will be Who will be the lead story?
Speaker 3: Marvin?
Speaker 5: If they lose the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: Okay, Paul, the future of Mike Tomlin and Aaron Rodgers Okay, Todd.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go, Josh Allen the Bills too.
Speaker 5: If they Seaton.
Speaker 3: You got one.
Speaker 6: It's got to be something completely not football related that we couldn't possibly predict right now.
Speaker 3: Mmmm, something crazy is gonna happen and we're gonna be like, whoa if the Bills win.
Speaker 2: The Bills aren't leading, so the Bills, So you're saying that Bills are going to lose this game? If you think that's going to be the lead story. The Bills beating Jacksonville won't be the lead story on Monday, Todd.
Speaker 9: Right, But when the Bills do lose it, it's going to be a big shock. Then it becomes the big news story.
Speaker 5: And battle the ball.
Speaker 2: Oh what do I think to I think the Steelers, assuming you know they're gonna lose me, they play Monday.
Speaker 10: That's me.
Speaker 4: I looked at the sheet. I was looking at the I didn't see the dates. We have to retract. I have to retract my Steelers one.
Speaker 3: Well, then maybe we need Bill Kauer for Tuesday instead of Monday.
Speaker 5: Todd.
Speaker 9: Okay, we'll get us ready for the big Steeler game.
Speaker 2: Uh Bill and Cincinnati? Hey, Hi, Bill, what's on your mind?
Speaker 19: Hey Dan, I appreciate you taking my call. This is the first time I've ever had the guts the call in. I just know I heard you guys talking about how Barry Switzer won with Jimmy Johnson's guys, which just was going to leave me to this basically hoping nobody really ever talks about, you know about how there's a lot of Sewers fans that will say that Mike Tom and one with Bill Cowers.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yeah, I'd have to look at the turnover there how many players were still there?
Speaker 3: But that's fair to say Bill.
Speaker 10: That is.
Speaker 3: Joe in Michigan, Hi Joe, what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Hi Dan?
Speaker 19: First time, long time. I just say this, but I think the producers of the Daily Show we're watching you because they had a pet psyche.
Speaker 12: On a segment last night.
Speaker 8: M h.
Speaker 3: Okay, a lady from Maine. M coincidence, I think, not where'd they get that idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if I can help out John Stewart in his career, I'm more than happy to my psychic, my pet psychic. Tonight at six thirty half hour, she gets to tell me. I get to ask question. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do. My wife said, why don't you just listen? And I said, I can listen, but I think I'm supposed to offer up information and thirty minutes that's a long time. Tell me about my dog. Brian in New York, Hi Brian, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Hi Danny, how are you good?
Speaker 7: It was on the Twitter last night.
Speaker 16: I saw a clip of you doing an interview in.
Speaker 7: Nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 17: Cinna New York interviewing don Maddingly Old Donnie.
Speaker 18: Baseball, Your hair was amazing, your suit was amazing, and the recording was.
Speaker 16: Out of this world.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Brian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I struck up a relationship with Mattingly eighty three, and that's when Donnie was Donnie Baseball and he was very generous with his time because the Yankee p R people were terrible.
Speaker 3: They didn't help you at all.
Speaker 2: Certainly you know CNN, where I'm not out there that often, but you know, the locals, they certainly helped out the sports reporters there. But me, it was basically I'd have to say to Donnie Maddingly, hey can you do this for me? And then you know, you'd have to wait a couple of days and then eventually you'd sit down and do a story with you. But yeah, for the most part, you'd go to the Yankees and was like you were gonna get yelled at if you walked on the grass at Yankee Stadium. There would be security that would yell at you. You weren't allowed to walk on the grass by the batting cage.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, I got yelled.
Speaker 7: At a Chase Stadium by a PR person. I guess I could. Should I say his name or j Yeah? Yeah, our good friend Jay.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you can't, you can't.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: That's well, maybe you deserved it.
Speaker 7: I had a credential, but maybe it didn't have field access part. I mean it was just for the press box. But I went down there anyway, and I was escorted off the field.
Speaker 3: Yes, Seaton, Yeah. I think at Wrigley we got told you could stand here but not there. Oh, but wasn't that for foul balls? I don't remember that. We got her throwing the pitch out.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they were very clearly like you'd want to stand right over here, but not go anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Oh that was pretty cool though. We got to all go out.
Speaker 5: To the mound.
Speaker 6: All of the things you're talking about are super cool. Yeah, yeah, they don't really like you're.
Speaker 3: Roaming around the field. No gets what we're getting on. No, No.
Speaker 2: I remember taking my father in law to Yankee Stadium and I got him a press pass, die hard Yankee fan all.
Speaker 3: Of his life.
Speaker 2: I said, all right, dad, I'm gonna take you there, but you gotta stay right here, And of course he didn't.
Speaker 3: He lights up a cigarette.
Speaker 2: He's smoking a heater in the dugout and he goes he picks up Mattingly's bat and he's swinging it, and I go, Dad, you cannot, you can't do this. But there he was smoking a heater, picking up a bat, swinging it. I'm like, oh my god, especially of all places, the Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: Let's see this day in sports history, Paul.
Speaker 4: This is my favorite.
Speaker 19: Dan.
Speaker 4: I'll start with the first one. Nineteen seventy seven Super Bowl XI set a pro attendance record with one hundred and three thousand. It's funny that the Super Bowl now has like twenty thousand fewer people. In nineteen sixty two, the NFL banned the grabbing a face mass. I did some research. They did have a meeting about different rules changes in nineteen sixty one, and they tabled the face mask grabbing thing because they just weren't sure. And nineteen sixties he they said, yet, no more grabbing a face mask. Yeah, got soft after that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see.
Speaker 2: Bevo Francis of Rio Grand College scored one hundred and sixteen points in a game in nineteen fifty three. He scored fifty five points in the fourth quarter. Also, this is a pretty amazing one nineteen fifty eight Oscar Robertson. He outscored Seaton Hall. The final score was one eighteen to fifty four. Oscar had fifty six at the Garden.
Speaker 9: Over what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Overrated?
Speaker 2: That's one of those if you do it in New York, you know this isn't Cincinnati or Indianapolis, where Oscar was from. He was doing it on the biggest stage in basketball, Madison Square Garden and putting up those points. And look, I think his career was incredible. But ninety nine point nine percent of the analyst who talk about Oscar they didn't They didn't see him. And if you did, you saw him in Milwaukee when he was not Oscar Robertson. He was basically just a guy who set the tempo, got the ball into kareem and they won a title. But yeah, people will say, oh, you gotta have Oscar in the top ten. They only know him from a triple doubt Todd, what did you learn today?
Speaker 7: Brady Quinn would like to think Lane Kevin was pulling for oh, mister winlast that he was incentivized financially, though Satan.
Speaker 3: Bill's got a lot of pressure on him this weekend.
Speaker 5: Carvin Brady Quinn doesn't do hypotheticals.
Speaker 2: Paul Legacy boost thanks for everything this week for Seaton Fritzy, Marvin, Paulie yours. Surely the BRGS have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Everybody. We'll talk to you on Monday.