Speaker 1: Hey babe, welcome back to another bonus episode of the Give Them a La Podcast. We are sticking to VPR, which is wild because we did an entire regular episode with VPR questions. I forgot the exact Yeah, what was the exact wording VPR moments that you want me to break down or something.
Speaker 2: And rape dive and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So I wanted to continue the theme because I'm in good spirits.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I love talking about this, by the way, like you're hearing about it, yes, because like we've seen the show.
Speaker 2: We've seen the moments, yeah, or at least.
Speaker 5: I have, and now we get to hear your side of it.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I usually just end I pick her up from all of it, and then I just get to hear about it, and then I'm like, yeah, do I need to watch it?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a I'm an obsessor. So what happens is I I have to And that's why it Usually I do it to my mom or Easton because I know that they won't want to backhand me. But I have to obsess and go in circles and in circles until I tire myself out and I'm like whatever, I'm fucking over it. And it's like I look at the clock and it's like, well, I'm glad you could be over it. After two hours of not time, I'm like no, I'm stop.
Speaker 5: No, she just goes all right, I want to get off of it.
Speaker 6: It's like, okay, but can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Because I know that's how I am. When I have friends who who are talking about something and then the subject is changed and they come back to it, I ask them do you need to obsess over it? And if they're like I need to obsess, I'm like, go for it. Obsess. What are we talking about? Do you want me to shut the fuck up? Do you want me to participate in the conversation? Do you want me to like really go in on this hoe or do you want me to like calm you down? And they're go in on this hole and then we obsess.
Speaker 4: That is such a good thing to do, because yeah, same thing. It's like not about vander Pump, but same thing. I'm like, do you want to vent right now? Because so much many times with my friends they'd be going in on someone or venting. I'd be like, well, hold on a second, and they'd get so pissed and I was like oh, and then I learned like, oh, they just want to like vent. They don't want a solution. They don't want me to calm them down. They want me to like.
Speaker 1: Them up. Yeah, they need an ear and a hype man. Yeah, okay, I dig it.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the first season Law was on?
Speaker 1: Oh God, I have not know.
Speaker 2: No, you watch none of it, even like your sister's on TV.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't even watch anything.
Speaker 4: I was in interesting okay, because I could.
Speaker 1: See you at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like having her on TV.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if it was like a you guys started and then we're like maybe we shouldn't watch this.
Speaker 5: No started and never watched it.
Speaker 1: The thing is is like.
Speaker 5: Not to as well.
Speaker 1: Well, I would prefer they not watch it just because I feel like it's and it's not because of my behavior. My family has seen me for exactly who I am. Like my mom always says, I don't need to watch the show because I get the real life version. I know my daughter takes their top off waterfalls. I know my daughter pretends like she could kick your ass when she's never been in a fight.
Speaker 6: I know my kid right. My dad knows me.
Speaker 1: Easton knows me. They didn't watch because they would get overly protective and they didn't want to see people be mean. And still to this day, when my mom says, well, they were really mean to you, not they in any particular person, or you know, setup could be we're talking about high school, right, that person was mean to you. Those people were mean to you on VPR. And I'm like, but I wasn't innocent. She goes, I don't care you're my baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't care you're my baby.
Speaker 4: That's a good point, and it's just yeah, and it's just better maybe for them not to see. Yeah, that's how my parents at first were with the podcast. They were like, oh my gosh, this is so fun.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: And then when I started talking about like sex and stuff, my mom and dad were like.
Speaker 2: We're just not gonna listen.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's totally I love.
Speaker 4: I love it feels safe, the space feels safer. Okay, So we are going to start with So, I know you talked about this relationship a couple weeks ago, but I am curious about the arc, and many people asked about this the relationship arc of you and James the most iconic duo.
Speaker 2: More so, I'm.
Speaker 4: Curious where did you mey, When did you meet and was it like immediately like oh, this is the guy and like he's fun.
Speaker 2: Or did you guys ever not get along at first.
Speaker 1: I'd have to go back and watch the very first interaction I had with James because I cannot remember meaning on camera because I can't remember if I met him beforehand. But I do remember him kind of being the young DJ who was kind of to the group that like annoying fly, and not because he was an annoying fly, but because he was like young and excited about life and he's a DJ and he's on the accent and he's just like he was really excited to just be alive. Yeah you know. Yeah, So he felt like a safe space when I first entered vander pump Roles because I was not brought in with open arms, which was fine, Like I knew it would be that way. Tom and Ariana were very kind to me right from the very beginning. They seem to be the ones that like gave me a chance, right. But I do remember season four like someone having a party at Sheena's mom's house and like Faith and I were the new kids, and Faith was invited, but I wasn't invited. There was something about me that they weren't quite sure of. And I get it. I was the girl who like posted pictures of me with just my ass out, you know, and it was iconic.
Speaker 4: It was and back in the day when I mean, ass is out everywhere now, but it was less out then.
Speaker 1: It was completely different. Yeah, I feel yeah, you might clothes acceptance. Yeah, like, now I see these bitches. I'm like, oh, say ambular to go through my closet again.
Speaker 5: You know how.
Speaker 1: Clueless? You know, it's clueless how she walks up camber and she's like, say ambular because she's wearing the exact same outfit that she had on like two days ago. Yeah, yes, but it's just very funny. Yeah, I'm like, oh, the sea through skirt with the ass out. Oh, I remember I wore that to the season five premiere party. Right.
Speaker 4: You guys joined the same official cast members the same season, right you and James because I know he was Kristen's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yes, his first season was the time before the season before. I think he came in three and then we were more like I would say we were fixture season four.
Speaker 6: Okay, we may not have had like title cards right.
Speaker 1: Where they introduced us with the theme song at the very beginning, but I would say that we had stories to tell. They were interested in following us around, right, So I think when you're two people who are kind of on the fringe or the odd people out, it becomes and we were into like taunting them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's like we're young and hot.
Speaker 1: You're not, even though they were all so young and hot. But I know when you are in an environment like that, you buy into your own fiction.
Speaker 6: Then you add alcohol, and now you're really in the fiction section.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: You two were fun.
Speaker 4: This is a great segue into this next question because it's the only regret I think I've ever heard you say. But they're saying any regrets, either things you've done or shared on the show, I've only heard you ever say one, and it was something you said.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to take in season eleven as well, which was my season where I've said I think I said this on two teas.
Speaker 6: It may not have been like.
Speaker 1: A high as far as the audience goes, but season eleven for me was a personal high. I felt a tremendous amount of growth. I felt a tremendous amount of peace within myself, which has.
Speaker 6: Never really happened. Right loved myself.
Speaker 1: Season ten, I was like living my best life, but I was still in turmoil and like fight mode, I was living off of adrenaline. Each season I can go through and pinpoint exactly where I was mentally. Season eleven was the first season where I'm like, I'm I am who I am right now, Like I got questions, but I feel at peace. It was a great So I'm gonna take that one into account as well. My only regret that I have filming this show. What season five? Walking up to that table talking about summer bodies? I did not That was not me. I could tell in that moment. Number one, We've been drinking, but we're also feeling very insecure. I knew the rumblings. I knew what the season was gonna be about, because we have a meeting with producer before we start filming every single year. Every single year we walk in and we talk about it. This meeting, they called me out for the tattoo I had that is now covered by a lion. What did those initials stand for. He said, I'm gonna call it exactly what it is. We've been told you're dating a married man. And it was like taking a fucking bullet because I was like, that's my that's what is being said. And I didn't even know how to like comprehend it, you know, because I was like, this is being said in one part of my life, but then this is being told to me on the other side, and like, who do I trust this group of reality TV personalities who I just met, or like this person who's like telling me that we're gonna be together forever and like we're boyfriend and girlfriend. You know who says like that if they're like a married person. I'm trying to talk to a producer like that and he just keeps coming back at me with things that I'm like, you're right, that doesn't make much sense. Then I go back to the other side and say what the producer said and what the cast is saying, and it was just fucking torture. I ran away that season back to Utah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Going into the night when of filming where I dropped the Summer Bodies, that was me going in and feeling like I've got to demolish and goes so fucking low, go so like bottom feeeder, bottom of the barrel, gutter, like you don't even, you don't even. I didn't even recognize myself. I'm like, we don't. We don't talk like this what you're doing? But I was feeling that insecure just about what was gonna be said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense, and it does segue into this next question. Do you regret having your X on the show?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it reminds people that I like, went.
Speaker 4: There, okay, right right, A little embarrassed, a little lot.
Speaker 2: We're a lot embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, how did this happen? It's okay, and it really doesn't feel good. When my mom goes, oh, what were you thinking? And and the touching, I was like, stop stop, I can't even think about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna ask this. I'm gonna say, for any.
Speaker 6: X you've ever had, Okay, yeah, have.
Speaker 4: You ever been like I'm so like, I'm into this person because I've had this once years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm into this person so much.
Speaker 4: But I'm very embarrassed to tell my mom or my friends or whoever like I'm because they're gonna they're gonna see a photo. Have you ever been I can think of one, Yeah, okay, and been like and you really have to preface it because I read I was literally in seventh grade and I was like it was my first boyfriend.
Speaker 2: And I was like I remember being like, just.
Speaker 4: No, he's so nice, Like he's so funny, he's got.
Speaker 5: A great personality.
Speaker 2: He like loves me.
Speaker 4: And my girls girls have done that before too, They like hold the Instagram and they're like just no, and I'm like, oh god, like he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't really look like he doesn't photograph.
Speaker 3: That I or when you try to find a photo of him and you're like you're scrolling too long.
Speaker 4: Oh god, Okay, I'll ask this, Well, there's a couple of these. What was it like when that group of OG's left at once.
Speaker 1: Left it once?
Speaker 2: They all left it once?
Speaker 1: Terrifying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why terrifying?
Speaker 1: From a show standpoint, That's the only thing I'm going to address. It's from a show standpoint. We get the green light that we're going back into season nine and we've lost It's not I'm not going to name names. It's not like we've lost a couple of people that I think We lost like heavy fucking hitters. We lost our Lebron James Are Kobe Bryant?
Speaker 6: You know people who who.
Speaker 1: I ri ip. Yes, he was my first crush. I was devastated when I found out he was married and I was young. Oh, it was like an elementary school.
Speaker 3: I had like nine of his jerseys just because she'd be like, I love it, so then i'd it was.
Speaker 1: It was an unhealthy obsession.
Speaker 5: It wasn't good.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good. When the nine year old's depressed that Kobe Bryant has a wife. Someone needs to start it right.
Speaker 6: Okay, I couldn't get out of bed in the morning.
Speaker 3: He's a really fucking godfather. And then I understand why he's croaked at sixty four.
Speaker 5: We killed him with Oh my god, Easton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just our please don't clip.
Speaker 6: We're just question. We put a lot of stress on them.
Speaker 1: We lost our heavy are our biggest, our biggest players.
Speaker 4: Did you think the show was over that there was a possibility or did you know? I don't know how it went down, and they maybe they prefaced you and being like, don't freak out, the show's not over.
Speaker 3: But when that happened, did they put a lot of pressure on like the You Guys, on like The Next People to Be season nine, there.
Speaker 1: Was there was a lot of pressure. There was a lot of pressure, and I don't know if we put it. I don't think we necessarily put it on ourselves. I think we had a completely different production team because we still hadn't picked up cameras and there were a lot of other shows that had so people who were with us from day one were suddenly working on other shows. They had to take other shows our our show is based on a restaurant. How do you film a show based on a restaurant during COVID in Los Angeles when they're not allowing you to open your restaurant. Yeah, it was. It was intense.
Speaker 2: It was intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also I cannot remember if I was stressed. You have to remember I was pregnant. I was about to give birth. I think that I was less concerned than most people because my mind was elsewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, onto the next one. What parts of your life do you wish vandr Pump Rules caught more of Aside from oh as we know, you can't, I'm assuming they mean like, couldn't show her nothing, nothing, really.
Speaker 1: No, I can't think of anything that I wish that they would show more. I think they I feel like I'm showing my life and it's very much real because the parts of my life that are more private are not shown. And I think that, you know, I've shown pretty much everything. You know. I've had had to confront my demons and say, like, wow, I actually did lie a lot about my life season five, I actually have been lying about a lot of things that I didn't really know that I was lying about that other people saw clear as day. It was like, I've had to go into the show. I've gotten sober on the show. I've lost my dad on the show. I've had to sit there and basically defend how I could talk about being such a smart bitch while also being such a dumb bitch at the same time. No, I can't think of anything that I wish that they would cover more of.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna come in and say this. I don't know if I wish that they were there for this or not. Probably not. In the end, this probably would have been bad. That being said, from the moment we were at the Americana Mall filming b Roll.
Speaker 1: I wish they called this too.
Speaker 2: I wish cameras we were just filming.
Speaker 4: I was just filming la less shopping, like on my cell phone. I wish that they caught you getting the photo from Katie.
Speaker 2: I think mm hm.
Speaker 4: And from that moment too, I think you moving into palazzo because that was wild and like being someone to see you snap into like survival mode is what I'm gonna call it, and just like this is what we're gonna do. We're literally that night, meet me back at the house, calling people, and then just like every day finding out more and more and more and more, and literally you keeping it together because you had to getting out of that house. Like I think about it and I'm like, holy shit, Like that is wild. I kind of it wouldn't be in my personal opinion, I feel like I could say this, it wouldn't be the right tone for the show. There's a lot of darkness there and a lot of but maybe like documentary, I don't know something. Obviously it wasn't meant to be captured because the universe, you know, it wasn't. But there was so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot and we are still doing in reviews season nine for the show and there was a part of Wow, no, you're right, and I think that's one thing that I want to that time in my life. Although it was only two weeks of me being stuck right changed me as a person. There's very few things in my life that have changed me in that way. And it's kind of made me harsh where when I hear certain people go through things, I want to be softer and I feel like I have worked on it. I want to be softer where I my initial reaction is not tough in the fuck up like fucking child's play, you know, because that's just my trauma. That's not how I feel. It's that and I'm not comparing. It's just it's made me.
Speaker 6: It made me a.
Speaker 1: Hard person for a long time, even though it's only been two years and some change. But I remember going into an interview and I was just so defeated but had to be like a soldier, and the producer asked me they knew what was going on. I will forever love production for this because production says, do you remember the scene of you and that guy at James and Raquel's engagement party, You guys have a moment. You and that guy have a moment about your wedding being canceled and take what we know now out of it? Can you relive that and talk about that like in real time like we sometimes have to do? And I broke down. I said, I physically cannot get myself to talk about that. I cannot take myself to a place of feeling how I thought I felt about him. And they didn't make me do it. They cut out the whole scene.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sobbing. I was like, I know that you what you want me to do, and normally I could do it, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just broken and I will forever be thankful that they were like, great, let's not fucking do it.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: Wow, goosebumps everywhere.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm gonna cry, Okay, moving on, moving on to something lighter. I'm assuming this means during your drunk times. But are there scenes you don't remember filming? And how do you feel watching them?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 5: Season four through? Would you get sober?
Speaker 6: You know what? I rarely?
Speaker 1: I can't think of any time that I don't remember. Maybe if you put a specific in front of me, I could tell you, like, I don't remember that. What I will say is when I said I got sober and Lisa was like, You've always like, are you sure you have a drinking problem? I go, Lisa, this is the first conversation I've ever had with you, not under the influence. I've always had something to drink.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but all you would do is drink quota When.
Speaker 1: You I'm like, that's vodka. Oh no, so and luckily for me, yes, there are times that I'm like, things are a little foggy, but I always got sick before i'd black out.
Speaker 4: Throw Yes, I have the tiger, which is actually so good because yes, the people who black out usually don't get sick.
Speaker 2: That's why they black out. They're not getting rid of the alcohol. Aka me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you just keep trudging, you just you you, you don't black out.
Speaker 4: Actually it's I can say from experience, thank god, oh, never doing this again.
Speaker 6: But brown out?
Speaker 1: You brown out?
Speaker 2: Brown what's brownout?
Speaker 1: It's like you're a little hazy, like.
Speaker 2: This is this is for my birthday party?
Speaker 4: But you the only time throw up is after you're already the point of blacking out, which is dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saying fall asleep on your back, yep, and spat or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's called yeah, so you don't watch anything back?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's like when you choke on you choke on your own warning, you choke on your own. People do die that way, and it is There are so many things that I look back on and I'm like, drinking is just scary, Like when they tell you to drink responsibly, there's so much that goes into it, yeah, right, like things that could just go wrong.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of overdoses happened like that too on the back.
Speaker 2: And also just yeah relapses, you mean.
Speaker 3: Or like when you overdose, Like they overdose and then I don't know if they throw it, but I have seen that.
Speaker 1: I just adore the people who reach out and are like proactive about wanting even though getting help is tremendously hard and way above my pay grade to like try and get someone sober, because ultimately they have to want it. But there's been a lot of people over the course of my sobriety that have reached out, and I find it extremely important to let them know, like this is a big deal, Like even though I'm a stranger to you, like you're admitting something right now, and I'm gonna give you the tools that helped me, and whatever they choose to do with them is on them. But just that initial That's why the first step whenever I go to a meeting and we talk about, like what's the most important step to you, which one resonates with you the most? For me, it's always the first one. Yeah, admitting like we got we gotta work on something. We're an alcoholic, Yeah we sure are not mean first step admitting the problem, admitting hard.
Speaker 4: I've seen this asked a couple of times, which is so funny, but I'm gonna ask it.
Speaker 2: Are you and Sheena actually friends? Slash? Do you even like her? Seems like you.
Speaker 4: Hang out because of the kids? The fuck, which is like I know you touched on this one. No, this a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: The should I love?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because it's they you you.
Speaker 1: It's questions like this where you go, Okay, this is I watch social media and I watch fifteen weeks of a television show. Yes, Sheena is my actual homie.
Speaker 3: Let me also put it this way. You don't have your child all the time, and we still go over to Sina's.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: The best way to put it, Yeah, I don't have my kid one hundred percent of the time, and.
Speaker 5: I still go and kick.
Speaker 1: Sheena's mom came over to my house today. Yeah, okay, like the moms are friends. Eastern texts with Justice and Courtney. Yeah, that's the boyfriend in sister. It's a family dynamic. I talked to Sena every single day. Sheena has more energy than the fucking energizer bunny.
Speaker 2: I'm not it's crazy, it's insane.
Speaker 1: She's a human red bull. She's a human monster energy drink. Okay, it is wild. So if you say it seems like you guys are only friends because of the kids, that's kind of my speed. Sheenah knows that, right, Okay, Sheina knows. I'm the daytime friend. Babe. You want to go to lunch, you wanna get some breakfast, I'm your girl. Anything past making me go to dinner at six thirty. You're tripping now, I'm not going.
Speaker 5: We'll hit breakfast.
Speaker 6: So she shall get in dinner.
Speaker 1: She shall, Yeah, she will. She shall do dinner with me at six and then say that she's going to another dinner. I like a regular normal person hour and not the early special eight or nine or something. Yes, she always it's back to back dinners. She'll go to Chili's with me and then go to like Boulevards steak with her friends who are normal.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 4: And she also has she seems to have a lot of friends. Not that like she has more friends than you, but she seems very light. She's got hell more friends than I'm just saying, you know, those friends have so many friends, and I'm like, how do you keep up with them?
Speaker 2: Well, now you know, Shina just she does actually keep.
Speaker 5: Up with them all She's busy all day.
Speaker 2: I could never.
Speaker 1: Shina gives a lot of shits. And let me tell you something, that bitch. When my life had fallen apart and I was getting used to the dynamic of sharing my child on big holidays like Christmas, okay, and I would be sitting in that very thankful for the apartment. I was in very thankful sitting in that apartment waiting for my kid to come back, hoping that I could make the holiday feel like a fucking holiday with me, my mom and my daughter because I would have to get ocean either in the morning or at nighttime. And Sheina says to me, why don't you come to Palm Springs. You have her the rest of the weekend, whatever it was, welcomed me and my family with open arms. She's the one person that made me feel like my favorite holiday, Christmas felt like Christmas again, where I felt warm and excited.
Speaker 6: Okay, the bitch will forever.
Speaker 1: Be my homie because I've had a lot of friends in LA who have never invited me and my mom to go and do things and make me feel like the holiday is the fucking holiday. Okay.
Speaker 6: They took me in on.
Speaker 1: They include my family for Thanksgiving, Halloween, Fourth of July, Christmas. They're my family. So anyone who wants to come in here and talk about why you don't like me, why you don't like Sina, you don't get the friendship.
Speaker 6: But what about this fuck off hip?
Speaker 3: Okay me and she's text she's taken me to the NFL like the red Zone next year and stuff like she Yeah, It's like I don't even not through her, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's just family, like a very good family they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I will always have a soft spot in my heart for all of them and always handled the friendship with kid gloves because it means a lot to me and I will never forget when they invited my family for Christmas.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that they did. I know, thank you for taking care of my sister during that time.
Speaker 4: Sheesha and fam Brock, Yeah they're really great.
Speaker 3: Summer Me and Lisa do I walk the dogs over there, just us, no kids, nothing, just to see Brock, see how they were doing.
Speaker 4: How lucky you are too to have daughters like who are friends?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah, that's kind of the cherry on top of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so beautiful.
Speaker 6: Okay, we can do one more.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're ending on quite now. This this is indirectly related to vander Pumper Roules. O, boy, is this something the Watch What Happens Live?
Speaker 2: Episode?
Speaker 4: Unless this is no with you and James when Andy was annoyed with you too, That's all it says. So I'm assuming they mean like deep dive. I have said from the beginning, I want you and James back on Watch What Happens Live.
Speaker 2: I don't seem yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've ever been back together, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Were you drinking that time?
Speaker 6: I think I ever seen Watch? I couldn't watch.
Speaker 4: I can't find it. I look for it everywhere anyone it was really was Andy actually mad mad? Yeah, he was furious.
Speaker 6: He it made like national news the next day.
Speaker 2: For anyone who doesn't know, can you give us a quick rundown?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: James and I were asked to do watch Robins Live together. I don't know if it was his first time. I think it was. It was most certainly mine. Season four. We got wasted and all we did was cuss and act a damn fool. I sang apparently here we go. I blacked out, I did I I don't remember singing. I absolutely don't remember singing. Oh my god, it's so it's mortified a.
Speaker 2: Live TELEVISI live saying guys send me this club.
Speaker 5: No fuck you for the national anthem. No.
Speaker 1: I think I thought I killed it because they killed I did not kill it.
Speaker 6: There are pictures of me.
Speaker 1: We went to the club after because we thought we crushed it so hard we thought we were It was a train wreck, to the point where Andy publicly in massive publications, said they are disgusting. I will never have them back on watch What Happens Live ever again.
Speaker 4: Was it because you were just so drunk, or you were swearing, or you were like we.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't stop cussing. And it's a thirty minute show and you have to bleep the three or five seconds before, So basically the whole episode was silent.
Speaker 2: People are And did he say, like, you gotta stop?
Speaker 1: He said it multiple times and then got like very annoyed. He goes the cursing, I'm not joking. Stop He got very annoyed. But I was too drunk to notice any type of social cue.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, because I've been on the watch what happens? I've set and there are breaks?
Speaker 2: Did he say did he give you guys a remembers?
Speaker 6: Are you joking?
Speaker 5: No? No? No?
Speaker 6: The breaks?
Speaker 1: Where could I get another? I get another shot?
Speaker 2: Surely they cut you off.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: I don't remember much and if you tried to cut off drunk Lauren.
Speaker 6: But I was a mess.
Speaker 1: The next day I called my dad and he was like, he didn't watch it, but I was like, Dad, it was really bad. And he just said, tomorrow someone more famous than you is the fuck up and no one's gonna remember this.
Speaker 2: Can we also say? Which I love Andy?
Speaker 4: But then he had a moment with Anderson Cooper on TV where he was a little too drunky right on the during New Year but they invited him back because everyone it was like it was so.
Speaker 1: Entertaining, and well, it's like, I love Anderson Cooper, but who wants to watch the CNN news anchor on like the night where everyone's wasted. You got to have like the proper I will say this, I love seeing Andy on the ball dropping thing for New Year's because it's for the first time ever and the only time where I look at Antie and I go see, you are one of us.
Speaker 6: Messy too.
Speaker 4: Hilarious and Andy and Anderson it needed to be that duo because it was Anderson's reactions that made it even funnier.
Speaker 1: And I love when Andy goes on his tangents about like the governor, the mayor of New York and and calm donn.
Speaker 6: He's like, no, I'm gonna say it, no another wind him up? Yes, so good, No, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: But by the way, can I tell you this before we sign off, because we're we got to wrap it up. My makeup on Watch Rabinside the first time ever, I wore like a green dress.
Speaker 6: My makeup looked fabulous.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why I hired that same person to do my makeup for the season four union, and he talked about how he had learned new tricks. And I was in that Olympic apartment that Stassy lived in. I wasn't in front of a mirror, and it was so early that there wasn't any natural sunlight coming through yet because you have to get there at.
Speaker 6: The crack of dawn.
Speaker 2: Did anyone see your makeup and go oh that's oh?
Speaker 1: Everyone looked at it and was like, who did your makeup? And I was mortified, but like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: So you know, going in like this doesn't look great?
Speaker 5: Oh girls.
Speaker 6: The moment I saw myself, I was like, oh fuck fuck.
Speaker 4: If that were today, you would have washed your face and just readowone it yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But back then I had a breakout. I couldn't I couldn't wash all that off and cover it back up in a proper amount of time. No, I was so insecure. Okay, I was constantly battling like cystic acne.
Speaker 2: Right the hormonal or was okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, anyway that it was intense, but that was the same makeup artist. And by the way, it happened again. It happened again at the premiere of Gotti. I don't know if you guys know Gotti. It's like one of the only movies to get zero on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: But I went to the premiere in New York and I gave him another chance, and I had to wash it off. If you look at me the third I was like third time, like we got to call it. We got all three strikes, you're out. But I had to wash it all off. And I had ten minutes until I had to be to the place wash it all off. I look like I have no makeup on at the gaudy premiere, Like I just went and I was drinking then too, so like a little bloated, a little foggy behind the eyes.
Speaker 6: But it's okay.
Speaker 5: Look like the movies.
Speaker 1: What I did, I was reflecting what Rotten Tomatoes used to do. Like that's just about the rating, human form of the rating. You guys, thank you for listening to another VPR driven episode of The Bonus Give them all a podcast. I will catch you guys,