Speaker 1: I do Part two.
Speaker 2: It's your celebrity mentors and favorite Golden's Susan Knowles, myself, Joan Vesso's and Kathy Swarts.
Speaker 1: Hey, girls, how are you there?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's happening from Lisbon? You're up? You know. I'm in Lisbon, Portugal.
Speaker 4: I haven't found much success in the United States dating, so I came over to Lisbon and I'm in love with this country.
Speaker 1: In love, no man, no man yet still no. Oh, you know, there's lots of them.
Speaker 4: But I'm with my daughter and let me just say, all the eyes are on her. But in course fabulous. It's beautiful, the weather's fabulous, Tomorrow's and beach today.
Speaker 1: Love, love, love, love this country. What about you, John, what are you up to? Gosh?
Speaker 3: You know it's a kind of rainy and gross here right now. But getting on a plane same as Susan. Tomorrow We're headed to nap Off for I have fun plants, just for a weekend. It's not like you staying in the United States. But I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: John. Do you think we're going to have some good wine? Yeah? Thanks, Susan.
Speaker 4: Rub it in okay, So I have one more thing to ask a hair By the way, I was supposed to be on that trip, but I did op for Lisbon.
Speaker 1: Over well, Portugal is Portugal.
Speaker 4: Let's just say I chose port wine over I chose port Wine over red Lappa. Okay, Susan real quick question here. Yeah, your hair. You know I follow you and your haircuts. What are you doing with your hair?
Speaker 2: Yes, Kathy, I gave myself a haircut yesterday. You just said it looked long, and I just cut it last night.
Speaker 3: Your highlights are so cool. I love them. I've never seen you with like highlights up in front like that.
Speaker 1: Many thanks, I love it. You know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I was reading some of the comments from the people you know, and some lady. Most people like it. Some lady goes, I wish you never changed your dark hair. Two toned hair is not in. It doesn't look good on you.
Speaker 3: Did you look at her picture to see what she looks like?
Speaker 1: I don't even bother anymore.
Speaker 4: We got to get into this episode because here's what never changes. Yes, if there is one thing for sure, it's the divorce. Haircuts changed, hair color changes, but divorce never stops.
Speaker 1: You know you think you have it bad?
Speaker 4: Ladies, wait till you hear what some of these celebs are going through in their chapter two?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to get into it?
Speaker 3: I'm ready and I can talk talking about Jessica Simpsons. Jessica Simpson shares her side of run in with ex husband Nick Lache. Jessica finds setting the record straight irresistible. Don't we all sing your address? Recent claims made by her ex husband Nick Lache, who detailed they're unexpected to run in on a flight to Hawaii and recounted how she sat in first class as her three kids, Maxwell fourteen, Ace twelve, and Birdie seven flew in a separate class of service with their dad, Eric Johnson. My mom bought those tickets, Jessica clarified in a May twenty interview published by Page six. It was my mom's treat for us to go to Hawaii. The forty five year old added, I'm sure she thought that sounded bad that if she had purchased the tickets, her children would of course be seated with her.
Speaker 1: I think we need to get john Wait, you got to stop right there. Really, any of our.
Speaker 4: Mothers bought tickets for our kids and myself and my spouse, whatever would they really put our kids, would our mothers if they were alive, in my case, put our kids in steerage and put us in first class.
Speaker 1: Dear, I love it too, of course not.
Speaker 3: And the fact that I'm sure she knew she had a different seat. I'm sure she could look at the tickets and say, okay, I'm in like three and they're in twenty sevn y. She could tell that they were in a different class, and she could have changed her ticket. We all know that. So she chose not to. So she's blaming this on her mom.
Speaker 2: But can I just add one thing, Kathy, wasn't it you that said to me when I was griping about going to Italy next week with my granddaughter and you said, you're not going to sit up in first class if you get upgraded? I said no, because Bella can't, and he said I would, Jessica. I'm gonna call you, Jessica.
Speaker 4: Wait, there is a difference between buying a ticket and being upgraded.
Speaker 1: But wait, that is not bad enough.
Speaker 4: Nick, who was married to Jessica from two thousand and two to two thousand and six, recounted on a May thirteenth episode appearance of Watch What happens live how we crossed paths with Jessica two decades after their divorce. They haven't seen each other in twenty years, and then they spent six and a half hours on a flight to Hawaii, Like, is this somebody's idea of a bad joke.
Speaker 3: But they weren't together, you know how it isn't a plane if you're not sitting near anybody, you don't even see them. I mean they were on the same airplane. Chances are they didn't see each other other than crossing maybe like when they were waiting to get on the plane and getting off the plane.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well he does say that everyone was very very cordial, very respectful. You know, first class is small, so I want to know, with Nick in first class with his wife Vanessa, I'm guessing maybe. So I'm guessing maybe it was a little more cozy than what we're thinking.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Moving but alone.
Speaker 3: They all have good careers that they all could probably afford it. I just didn't sound like they really were because he said on that indycoone interview. But when I say spent like we spent time, you know, on the same flight, he says, in the same vicinity so I don't think that means that they like they He would have said I was in first class too.
Speaker 1: We all know that this is about Yeah. I think he was being planned.
Speaker 4: I think they were all in the free drinks section.
Speaker 1: I don't think they talked. I think they were all hottails.
Speaker 4: I want to ask both of your questions, Joan, you and I are widows, so Susan, I'm coming at you, baby, if you ran into your acts on the flight, would I know the answer, but just play with me here? Talk to them? Would you try to sit next to them? Would you avoid him?
Speaker 1: I would definitely talk to them, definitely.
Speaker 2: I don't know that i'd go out of my way to sit next to him because he talks a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, you have a.
Speaker 3: Great relationship with your yes, and we all know that, which is wonderful, great for you, great for your kids. Like kept that family continuity good. You know they didn't Conjessica Simpson and Nikola Chey didn't have kids together, so I think when they split, they really split. There was nothing left. There was no talking clearly for twenty years, so like, who cares if they spoke at this point, like, hey, hope you're doing well. You know, enjoy your time in Hawaii would have been about all I probably would have done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially with your wife next to you and your children and they were all up there.
Speaker 4: He said it was fine. So you know what, more powered, I hope had a great time in Hawaii. Hope the weather was good.
Speaker 3: Well, so why it probably was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Moving right along now we have Jason Biggs and wife Jenny Mullin split kepterr eighteen years of marriage. Jason and his wife Jenny after eighteen years. I mean that's a long time. A rep for the couple confirmed to People on Thursday, May fourteenth that Bigs forty eight and Mullin forty six have separated, though they remain on great terms and are focused on co parenting their two sons, Lazio and Sid eight and twelve. A source close to the pair tells People that Mullin and Biggs are doing great and spent BIG's forty eighth birthday together as a family on Tuesday the twelfth. Now, see that's cool. I said, that's cool.
Speaker 1: We would do that here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're very much connected, the source says of Biggs and Mullin's future as co parents. I have no doubt they will remain on excellent terms. They met on the set of a two thousand and eight movie, My Best Friend's Girl. The pair were engaged in January two thousand and eight and eloped in a private ceremony that April. In July of that year, they exchanged valves for a second time at a ceremony in Napa, California that featured about forty guests in attendance, As people reported at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Susan Wade, I have a question for both.
Speaker 4: I know it's eighteen years later, but if you elope and then you have a private ceremony, I don't know, doesn't it kind of feel like I don't know. I got it was eighteen years later, but I just want I wanted that to work out. I did.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: You know what the history of kind of Hollywood marriages is they are pretty sure, you know, five six, maybe ten years, eighteen years, you're starting to get invested like this is one of the good ones. They're going to stay together, and then they springing on us that they're not. And I feel that one. It also has to you know, has kids involved.
Speaker 2: You know that they have, and they say here that they kept their life together relatively private and helps tend to keep their sons out of the public eye, so they didn't app that.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, I think that's but I don't know. So here's I mean, Joan, you and I were married. I was married the longest of I mean, other than methusel I've been married the longest of anybody. Joan, you were married a long time, Susan. Actually, you know you were married a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: People ask me this all the time. Do you think you should have to renew year marriage fast? Would you have done that?
Speaker 1: Joan? Would you have done that?
Speaker 2: It's not necessary, but some people love to celebrate that they're still in love, because I do that for a living.
Speaker 1: So don't damn it. I just would do Would you do it, Susan, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: If I had somebody maybe No, no, no, if I was still in love after two no, no, No.
Speaker 4: It's not vows, Honeybunny. It's renewing your marriage.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not a declaration. It is Kathy, it's legal, and it is.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, Susan is and John, do you think renewing your marriage like we go and renew our driver's license.
Speaker 1: What every five six, sex years, four years, whatever. Well it's different in every state.
Speaker 4: But do you think you should have to renew your marriage because I will tell you I dated a guy, uh for not that long, but he had lived with a woman and he said that every six months they sat down and decided whether they wanted to recommit now they weren't married.
Speaker 1: But would you ever do that?
Speaker 3: It's a big difference. I feel like I think you opened up a whole can of worms because we're no or what the answer is? Maybe like how it's not like going to the DMV and say I'm going to continue to drive. I'm going to continue to not drive, to continue to drive. There's the only application is on you. You're not going to drive anymore when you say we're not going to be a couple anymore than the answers and you have to get divorced. And so that's like a whole big thing. I don't think that it's really feasible. I don't think it's so bad to check in on your marriage, you know, every few months, every few years. I have a friend who he is a divorce attorney and she is a couple's counselor, and they are married and they have the greatest marriage. They have such a weird like dichotomy of what they do and they are so good at staying Mary because they do that, like that's something that is in their like you know, monthly check in. They sit down and go to dinner and they talk about what's working, what isn't.
Speaker 2: So that's it's like being in therapy. Right, It's like being in therapy. You talk, you communicate.
Speaker 4: Joe brings up a good point. Joe, a great point, because think about it. You go out to dinner to have your conversation about renewing your.
Speaker 1: Marriage, not in your vows, like do we want before? So how are we? What page are we on? Yeah? He says no, you know what I'm going to say?
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, I want the house in the Hamptons and five percent of the checking accounting savings and your retirement.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and what do we do with our kids? Like I mean, then that opens that whole thing if you have kids of who you know, custody and stuff like that. So I certainly don't think it's a good idea. I get the point of checking in on your marriage. I just don't think it should be like a legal thing.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good idea. I do, I actually do. Well wait do you hear this? So recently, she shared a photo of herself and Bigs on Instagram. A totally approachable couple, not trying to seduce you, she wrote in a caption, how cute.
Speaker 3: Okay, they are a cute couple.
Speaker 4: I mean they were, and you know what, they're going to go on as because as you pointed out, John, they're gonna go on in Hollywood. They're going to find their next one. And you know, two years from now will either be saying congrats on the marriage.
Speaker 1: Or they moved on again.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too long ago that we were. We did a pod cast on the celebrations of divorce. Right, they got a ring, they had a cake, they had a party, a divorce party.
Speaker 4: You know, whatever works, is what I say.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to move on.
Speaker 4: Real Housewives of Miami star Lisa and her ex boyfriend Jody Gliddon's they got their spying charges dropped. Lisa and her ex boyfriend Jody are no longer facing criminal charges.
Speaker 1: They were each arrested in April. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: On one felony charge of interception of wire, oral or electronic communications after allegedly placing.
Speaker 1: A recording device in her ex husband's Lenny's car.
Speaker 4: Amid their divorce proceedings in twenty twenty three. I'm just going to say to you, I had to read this like, hold on, there's too many people, So it gets worse. They reached an agreement with the prosecution and the charges will be dismissed mid June without any admission of guilt or conviction. You got to love our legal system, Okay. So that all just happened on Tuesday, May nineteenth, which by the way, would have been my fifty third wedding anniversary. So people reached out to Winetraub for a comment and they both Lisa and Glyndon were accepted into the Advocacy Program's Felony Trial Diversion program. This was according to court documents obtained by People. The private, not for profit Justice agency offers court ordered individuals the ability to have their arrest record are we ready sealed and or expuse and have the charges dropped by the State Attorney's office if they remain and I'm quoting arrest free. This is all according to the agency site. Will somebody please tell me? Wait, wait, I have a question. Now, both of them were arrested. So they were doing it.
Speaker 3: Yep, well they were doing it together. They were together doing it. But I mean the crazy thing is he allowed her to borrow his car. The article says, yeah, person allowed her to borrow his Mercedes Mercedes been GLS six hundred Maybach.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: He discovers a few days later that there is this weird thing underneath his seat and he pulls it out and he sees it, his tape all over it, and it is a recording device. Now who else could it be?
Speaker 1: We back up for a minute.
Speaker 4: I've never been divorced, but I'm going to say that is a pricey car, and I'm divorced from somebody, and I got my ex. You know, it's so many players in this, in this cast of characters. Hey, honey, can if I borrow your really expensive card because I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: Buying one for myself. Sure we're divorced, go for it.
Speaker 3: I mean really, because she couldn't have gone to a Mercedes dealership and gotten one.
Speaker 1: What was she trying to learn though? I mean, what was she trying to hear?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, he doesn't ever talk about what that is like that she's trying to hear. But I'm sure that there was contention between them because you're getting divorced. He has a new girlfriend, she has a new boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Lenny, smart guy. When he finds the device, he alerts his lawyer. They hire experts who sorry, who recovered several recordings from the device, and the warrant claims, adding that quote, one of the last recordings from before the vehicle was returned to the victim, depicts Lisa and Glyndon holding a discussion and the distinct sound of a device such as the hidden recorder, being wrestled in place, and then the device later captured the former couple speaking about their kids, his plastic surgery practice, finances, and a construction project. All this, again is according to the artist warrant. I'm wondering if they discussed dental appointments.
Speaker 3: You know, no, what they did way worse because listen to this. It says detectives allegedly recovered deleted materilla from the device, including a tape of Lisa and Glidden engage in intimate activities and other conversations between them, which so first of all, like that is all nuts. They had all these discussions knowing that the device was recording. Obviously, I guess they thought it's never going to give you know, found It'll only be us hearing these these things.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Joan, Well you had me until the last bit. Why would you engage think about this. You've now returned the car to your ex husband, who has filed for divorce in May of twenty twenty two, now returned the car. You have engaged in these acts, said these things, and you've given the car back with the recording device intact?
Speaker 1: Does that make any of.
Speaker 3: You were confident that they had done such a good job being spies that they would never be caught. Yet they were terrible spies. Is never caught really fast?
Speaker 1: Stupid criminals are always caught. Wait.
Speaker 2: It says that she bought him from Amazon three months prior, but she bought two of the exact same models, So maybe she put the wrong one in his cost.
Speaker 3: But why would you be recording yourself?
Speaker 1: Like I know, I don't exactly. Okay, here's the last thing.
Speaker 4: Though, they had it says amid their divorce battle, So this was not a copathetic divorce clearly, but you know, let's lend you the car. Anyway, they were involved in and contentious proceedings. Lisa alleged she was being financially strangled by Lenny. So you know what, if I'm being financially strangled by God, I'm going to ask you if I can borrow your car.
Speaker 1: I mean, none of this makes sense.
Speaker 4: And then his then girlfriend Katerina Matzappa I can't even say her last name, Mazeppa, also filed a restraining order against Lisa, although that was later dismissed.
Speaker 1: You know what we call this in the home country, a michig gos what Well.
Speaker 3: The thing that shocks me the most is it sounds like there is so much evidence against them. They have her buying the devices, They have them talking in the car where the device is hand and it sounds like they are handling the device trying to tape it up under the like they have all of this sales. They have sounds of them like doing intemn So they have them on the device, they had them in the car, they had her purchasing device. Why did they drop these charges?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But here's here's one other question I have.
Speaker 4: Lenny was ordered to pay Lisa fifteen thousand dollars per month in child support.
Speaker 1: And that's how she's financially being strangled. Right.
Speaker 4: Wait, so that's number one, Susan. Number two, Could she not have afforded a better recording device.
Speaker 3: Hired somebody to install it?
Speaker 1: And moving right along on?
Speaker 3: Moving on?
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 3: Mandy Moore makes rare comment about ex Ryan Adams claims he didn't ask her dad for a blessing to propose. I don't know what you guys think about this. Let me read this a little bit and then let's talk about it. Danny Moore is recalling the moment her husband, Taylor Goldsmith, asked for her dad's hand in marriage. That's not really what happened. Asked for her hand in marriage from her dad, which is allegedly something her first husband, Right Adams didn't do. He was touched, Mandy recalled after the Tuesday May nineteenth episode of What Was Us podcast of her dad's reaction. I had been betrothed before, but that person did not ask my father, So I think my dad was very touched that it was done in the traditional way. My dad appreciates that. But listen to her dad she continued, but I believe he's also super awkward and was like, oh my gosh, you don't have to ask someone for my permission, has Taylor recounted it to me. Mandy and Ryan Adams began dating in two thousand and seven and tied the knot two years later. After nearly six years of marriage, the pair called it quits in twenty fifteen. Mandy and Ryan's divorce was finalized in twenty sixteen. So later she becomes engaged with somebody else. What do you guys think about that whole thing about asking your father for or asking her father for the hand in marriage.
Speaker 1: It's all about the man. It's up to him. You know.
Speaker 2: Some men really appreciate that and they think that's necessary, and I admire it, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You know, wait a second, I think it depends on the age.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to say, if you have a forty year old daughter or a you know, I think that's ridiculous young for Mandy Moore at the time. You know, she's in her late thirties. I think now, so she was in her early to mid twenties. I think it's appropriate. I think it's as you said, Susan, it's kind chivalrous, it's night.
Speaker 1: But it's not that I wouldn't marry a guy who did did Miss Daddy.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel about it. And I ask you. Both my sons did ask their soon to be father in laws or their their father and now their father in laws to marry their daughter. And both of my son in laws asked John and I so say, like, I think my kids ended up with really traditional cousins and wives.
Speaker 4: Can I just can I just tell you my husband did ask my parents, but I was just.
Speaker 1: Barely out of the credit when I got married.
Speaker 4: But I have to tell you I can always I try to do this about crying my daughter who has been married since for like four years. But my husband took his life right like right before he was going to ask his permission to get married. And so we were playing golf, my now son in law, my son and I and at the end of the golf round, he said, I have something I want to ask you guys, and he asked our permission to marry my daughter. And I got to tell you, I thought that was very sweet. I think good manners and chivalry never goes out of style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son in law, the one that married my daughter Erica. John was really really sick, like he was. Yeah, he died just a few months after that, but did make sure, like wanted to ask him before he died, like you could sit that he was kind of on the wall.
Speaker 1: And that's something you know your daughter will never forget.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you girls something. This is what we just read here and talked about. Was she Mandy griping that the first husband didn't do it, or just matter of factly saying that the new husband did but the old husband didn't.
Speaker 1: As that all that was. I feel like that.
Speaker 3: Since she's even talking about it, certainly like you know, stuck in her brain a little bit. Yeah, comes to me and.
Speaker 4: She says, see what her dad was touched. I think she's just acknowledging. She is acknowledging that it was the sweet thing, a sweet gesture for him to do. And you know what, I love Mandy Moore. So if she's happy, I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Kind of at the end of this article, they say. Two years later, Mandy began speaking out about her relationship with her ex husband, and in twenty nineteen, The New York Times published a profile in which seven women, including Mandy came forward to share misconduct allegations against Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't have anything to do that's just you know, I hear you.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't everything to do with asking permission. Okay, let's talk about the Grammar here. Oh.
Speaker 2: Camille Grammar reveals the very harsh text ex husband Kelsey Grammer sent her after their split. Camille is opening up about the aftermath of her split from ex husband Kelsey Grammar on my eighteenth episode of Cynthia Bailey and Crystal Kong miccoff Humbles Brag podcast. Camille fifty seven shared that she hasn't spoken to Kelsey seventy one in fourteen years. The exes wed in nineteen ninety seven and split in twenty ten after Kelsey admitted to having an affair with flight attendant Katie Walsh, whom he later married. And when you ask me about the I'm sorry or the remorse he said to me, he sent me a text saying I feel no remorse for what I'm doing, Camille revealed. And that was very harsh because I was very much in love with him, and I believed he was very much in love with me.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. She had no idea.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, Johan, I got to be the bearer of bad news here. It's as badly as I feel for anybody that that happens. So because you're right, it comes from nowhere, Joan. And you've got kids, and we all care about our children. I have to say, this is not a rare event, not just in Hollywood but in life.
Speaker 1: Right, do you agree with me? It happens all the time time.
Speaker 2: Most men will try to lie the way out of it. But he's saying, I feel no remorse for what I'm doing, meaning having the affair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I happen to have watched this season of Real Housewives of every Hills. I don't watch all the Real Housewives. I happen to watch this particular season, and I remember Camille and a bunch of the other housewives are going to New York to see Kelsey Grammer in a Broadway play, and they all kind of arrive and she's so proud of him, and she's talking about her wonderful, like talented husband, and they are also excited to be going to see him, and he barely gave them the time of day, any of them, and was downright rude to her and dismissive. Yeah, one or two minutes that he even saw her venue.
Speaker 4: You want to know why he doesn't have time. He's on his fourth marriage.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have time.
Speaker 4: This is a man, in my opinion, who acts first and doesn't think later.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he's a narcissist.
Speaker 1: I mean whatever he is.
Speaker 4: Yes, he doesn't take the in my opinion, he does not take marriage as a commitment. He takes it as this worked for me today. Yes, if it doesn't work out, see you later. By don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm moving on.
Speaker 2: And she's honest about saying she was broken, and she broke when the show was airing because it was getting She was getting it from all sides, as you said, Jones. She was part of the original cast of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Her split from Kelsey was documented on the Bravo show. I don't feel like I was getting a break, she says, because the show that fans the audience then bigger than that. It's Kelsey's people, his machine behind him to protect his image that were on full force. She remembers calling him and saying, get your dogs off me, Get your bulldogs off me, because I don't want to keep reading this horrible stuff that you're putting out there with your posy for your posse, to protect your image. She added, Can you imagine when everybody and maybe he didn't even say everything, you know how that goes on social media?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, but hold on, I.
Speaker 4: And again, you know Kathy can be harsh sometimes, but I think I'm real these are people in the public eye.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So when you sign.
Speaker 4: Up to be on the Real Housewives, you're signing up. We have seen it with the current you know, the current season of The Bachelor that isn't being shown as of now. This is something you sign up for. And while I feel badly for her, let me repeat, He's on his fourth marriage, she's a reality TV star and this happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she failed it though.
Speaker 2: She said she kept getting kicked from every angle, she couldn't come up for air. She was even suicidal, it says she said. It felt like being thrown in the middle of the ocean without a life, ramped and drowning.
Speaker 3: I usually think that housewives, like all these housewives, like their marriages are really fragile while they're being filmed, because I feel like production finds any little thread that they can start pulling on and hoping that things will unravel. So they have drama, and I don't know if that's like part of their story. I watched the season. I remember rarely seeing Kelsey Grammar as part of it, Like he was too good to be part of a Real Housewives, so he was really rarely in it. So I'm thinking, may be things unraveled because of the show, and.
Speaker 2: She's letting public people get the best of her. She went into a really dark place. She was so upset, and she never would commit suicide, obviously, but she felt like, how do I get out of this because I wasn't getting any help. How would you expect to get help? Erase it? You can't get help, you just move on and be a better person. So Dan proud and speak your piece and move on, right, Okay, So.
Speaker 4: Before we move on, I got to be honest personally. I have an issue with this because someone who says I was so dark, I was like almost suicidal, but not quite because I would never commit suicide.
Speaker 1: It's died by suicide.
Speaker 4: You don't put those as somebody who is a survivor of a spouse who died by suicide.
Speaker 1: I read that.
Speaker 2: I was like, she's saying that, so that's how she felt, Like, yeah, I understand it imagining you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, I'm I'm not quite as friendly on this one because when you're on a public when you're a public figure, you're signing up for this, and you sent up for the good, the bad, and the u of.
Speaker 2: Kathy when when you said zip it in the world attacked you for the first three months after the show, I mean you had to survive it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I assure you I was not even thinking about suicide.
Speaker 1: Of course, let's move on because now we Okay. Love is blind.
Speaker 4: Chelsea Griffin and Quame they break up after four years of marriage. They announced their ending their marriage only after four years. And this is a quote. Last week would have marked our fourth wedding anniversary, Griffin wrote in a statement in a joint Instagram post on Thursday, May fifteenth. Quote, out of respect for the life we shared, I wanted to address this moment directly with the community that has supported us over the years. It's heartbreaking to share that our marriage is coming to an end.
Speaker 1: Chelsea continued.
Speaker 4: This is not the outcome I hoped for, she said, and I entered this relationship with deep love, commitment, and the intention of building the lasting life together.
Speaker 1: Don't we all? Don't we all? Though? Don't we all? That's how we get in, that's you know, happened.
Speaker 4: She also She also added that she poured her whole heart into the marriage. It eventually became clear that they were growing in differ directions. My mantra going forward is that I am strong, I am resilient, and there is still so much ahead of me, Griffin wrote. She also added, while this chapter is deeply painful, I trust that healing and clarity will come with me. So Huame shared his own message in a separate slide, revealing the pair has reached the difficult decision after realizing their ultimate life goals. Don't feel aligned. I don't know what do you guys think.
Speaker 2: I think it's nice that they both put it out there that they tried and they couldn't do it, but they want the public to know that's all.
Speaker 3: But they're putting like when they should. They tried it for four years. That seems like a reasonable amount of time. They don't have children. It seems like it's an amical divorce and they're ready to move on, and I bet both of them will find somebody and be very very happy. This is a learning, you know, a learning part of their journey.
Speaker 2: But they're both being respectful of each other and saying they both tried.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I don't either, But I want y'all to remember that these two met on love is blind, and that's not like meeting on a blind date that your set you up when they're going out with your next door neighbor. This is a couple that didn't see each other. We all know the premise of love is blind. You don't see the person until until you know intergregation commitment. And so I think I'm actually impressed that they made it four years because to me, if you have not met the person only through what you see behind the screen, and you made it four years, I actually believe them that they really an old college right, and I love like you guys said, they came together to make the announcement.
Speaker 2: I think it was very full of class. They were really you think love is blind?
Speaker 1: Do you think that premise works for dating someone?
Speaker 3: I would love to know what their success rate is, Yeah, because I feel like it's a very I think it's a really hard premise. Like I think that there is something to seeing a person. I think I have a chemistry and you don't just get it from talking to them.
Speaker 1: It's the whole package. Yes, it's the feeling. Yes, you're exactly right. You're exactly right.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, John, I do. But do you know that Kwame's mother had an issue with them getting married?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I knew that.
Speaker 4: They go into that, You go into it with that right there, that's you know, that's an uphill battle right there.
Speaker 3: When a lot of mothers have issues with their and the girls, they never think they're good enough. So I'm not sure if I was going to give a lot of a lot of weight to like kind of what she thinks. But I do really feel like they I mean, four years, they gave it a hell of a try, so you're proud to try. They tried.
Speaker 1: Listen, I go on Love is Would you guys go on Love Is Blind? Would you do it?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I couldn't do it. No.
Speaker 3: I mean, although it's a super popular show, they're I have been problem finding it, finding people to participate in it, but you know it wouldn't be for me. I don't think, okay. I also think it's kind of too final. They really do get married at the end, So I feel like you need I feel like you really need some time, even after being on show, to get to know each other better. I don't I can't imagine break from the show to marriage.
Speaker 1: That's I think what you got here. Last one season, one more Love is Blind, one last Love is Blind.
Speaker 3: It's Love is Blind's Alexa Lomo speaks in breaks silence a reason for Brennan lamo divorce Love is Blind. Alexi Lamo is ready to open up about her decision to get a divorce from a strange husband, Brennan after four years of marriage. Another four year marriage from Love is Blind. Maybe that's a statistic we should be talking about. I had asked for it, Alexa thirty one shared in US Weekly's exclusive sneak peek of the Thursday, May twenty first episode of the He Said, Gee Said Podcast. It wasn't because there was a lack of love on my part. I just couldn't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: I was tired, tired from what wait wait, wait, how do you what do you mean? Tired, Like, how do you get tired of trying? Tired of him, tired of sex.
Speaker 3: Anything that has I don't know why she's tired.
Speaker 1: I don't want to clean anymore, Like, what is tired? So tight? It was? I just want you to know. It wasn't a lack of love, Joan, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: I think it had to do with, like you just said, cleaning the house, cooking habit, sex, run.
Speaker 1: In the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he does. He snores at night. I don't know, it's tired.
Speaker 1: Was tired of that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Brendan thirty five, and Alexa got married in June twenty twenty one during Love is Blind Season three, which aired on Netflix the next year. The pair was later welcomed a daughter of Vienna in July twenty twenty four. Well, how wonderful. At least they they had had a baby. They have a beautiful little daughter. When speaking with podcast co host Blake Hortsman and Love is Blind, A lum gi Nina malade Gabelli, I.
Speaker 1: Have no idea A good job, good Joe.
Speaker 3: I try I sound very Italian there, Alexa claimed the split was mutual. My main thing was I just wanted my daughter to see that what love looks like, and that wasn't it. She explained, It would be my biggest failure as a for that to be what she thought it was. I mean so true. I mean you, it's your job to show your kids what a good marriage looks like. I mean, you're the yeah example that that they'll ever seeing if they thought that they were sitting about example.
Speaker 4: You know what, Joan, you bring up a really good point because all three of us are old enough to know that we have friends.
Speaker 1: I certainly do. Who said I stayed married for the children? I did.
Speaker 2: I stayed the longest time, and we lived separately, but we weren't fighters. But I stayed because of the kids, and I'll never forget. After Dickie had moved out, my boys came up to me in the kitchen, said, Mom.
Speaker 1: Why did you wait so long? We knew you weren't happy.
Speaker 2: I said, for you, Yeah, you know, I could have maybe found a decent guy in forty at when I was forty instead of waiting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And that's why you got to hand it to her, because she said it sounds so stupid. But I saw something on TikTok and it was like, quote, if your daughter was in the relationship that you're in, would you be proud or would you be disappointed? She said, while trying to hold back tears. And she said, I would have been really disappointed. That would have broken my heart. That was my answer. So why do I deserve this?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: And that to me shows me what a strong, emotionally empowered woman she is to know she is not doing Vienna any favors by staying married. That you teach your children from strength, not from necessarily submission, because it might be easier to hang in for ten years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's also part of me that thinks, you know, if the marriage was not good, staying married. Their daughter's really young. I think she will never remember life of her with her mom and dad together, So the spite is going to be so emotional for her. It's how she will know life.
Speaker 1: And you're so right.
Speaker 4: My son got divorced from his first wife when my granddaughter was not even quite three, and he's happily married now to a wonderful woman who is a great step mom to my granddaughter.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't remember. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: She doesn't remember her parents living together, and she has a stable home with my son his wife, and I think that's far more important than quote unquote staying together.
Speaker 3: Staying together for the kids, and it makes it easier on them. And like you said, you know, and like you said, Susan, maybe both of them have a chance of finding another love and it being the right one. And you know, every experience we have is part of the chapter that leads us to the next chapter. So this was a chapter that they're closing and hopefully it leads to a better chapter that they're over.
Speaker 2: And it's a learning isn't that Everything happens in our lives for a reason, so you learn from it, right.
Speaker 4: You know what one thing we know for sure as we started out this podcast, there are lots of things going on in people's lives, but there are no shortages of dev So with that, are you going through a divorce find me chapter two hard to navigate and need some advice. We're here to help. Send us an email or leave us a voicemail. All the info is in the show notes. Follow us on Socials.
Speaker 2: I Do Part two and iHeartRadio podcast where falling in Love is what It's about.
Speaker 1: Baby