Speaker 1: The new quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers Ladies and Gentlemen, number three, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Russ, it's been a few months since you joined the team. When family and friends ask, what are you talking about the Steelers experience, Oh.
Speaker 3: Man, just the organization. The culture here is amazing.
Speaker 1: I think the best part is the fan base and how much they love football, how much they love, you know, winning, how much they love the process of just all the teams coming together. You know, I be able to go to Pirates schemes and everybody's wearing black and yellow room for the Pirates, but also rooting for the Steelers and vice versa. It's just obviously hockey two. It's just for some all time greats and legends in this city, from the city and that played here.
Speaker 3: And I'm just grateful just to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: You know, starts aren't always ideal, but that's like life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Russ woke up today. Man, his calf was tight. It was my decision to sit him down today. Really, I looked at it as a good thing for collective of talents for the office, a challenge and an opportunity to get to know Russ a little bit man create a little short term misery for him, opportunities for others. And so that's the story there.
Speaker 2: When you have to deal with starting training camp off a little slow, finally getting back on the practice field. What positives can you take away from that experience?
Speaker 1: I think the best part was, you know, for me, is to be able to really spend time with the guys. You know, I was, you know, having to do rehab early in the mornings and also you.
Speaker 3: Know, at the afternoons and at night.
Speaker 1: And the best part is Saint Vincent, you know, just being around here, being around the this this college, and just to be able to take it in and sit out on the back porch and have snack with the fellows and talk and laugh and play with no games, but also talk ball and watch film late at night. You know, all those things create the bond and the camaraderie. And being able to come out here since you know all the history here and all the great teams that have won Super Bowls on that same practice field, that means a lot, you know, and I think you're able to really understand the tradition of what the Pittsburgh Steelers means to us.
Speaker 2: Getting a chance to work with Arthur Smith. How would you describe his offense and what it's going to look like this See, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Start with our physicality.
Speaker 1: I think that it's just Arthur is a tremendous teacher, his ability to communicate and everything else, and one of the things that he really wants to have us, you know, come out right out of the gates with is our physicality and just our approach tru mentality of how we how we want to go about our games and how we want to play.
Speaker 3: Our practices have been an all time high, you know, just.
Speaker 1: Every day is going hard and coach Tomlin really helps set that tone, but all Arthur does as well when we're doing a good job of that.
Speaker 2: What is something that you've learned from him?
Speaker 1: I think one of the best things I've learned from Arthur is just his understanding of the game and how he sees it, you know, and I think, you know, our ability to come together and see that see the same way, see the same play. Maybe there's something I've seen differently and he sees it a certain way, and then we you know, we we say, Okay, that's that's the best way to do this play.
Speaker 3: I think that's been really cool.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think he has a tremendous ability to.
Speaker 3: To express his personality and meetings. He does a great job of that.
Speaker 1: You know, he's just he's a funny dude and I just love love being around him.
Speaker 2: Now, whether or not you play during one of the preseason games, what do you personally want to accomplish?
Speaker 1: I think the most important thing about the preseason games for anything else, is being able to put on the pathsage with your teammates, be in the locker room, create a habit. You know, just give me my thirteenth year and I remember going back to my rookie year, and I need to have great habits going to the stadium.
Speaker 3: What is that going to look like? What is what is the day?
Speaker 1: What is the night going to look like? What's my what's my order of process of getting ready? What's the when does the quarterbacks go out there? And how much time do I need to have to warm up? So taking that seeing how we do it here, and then really you know, thinking through that whole process and doing that with your teammates and building that out and thinking through that, I think that's the fun part. I think the other fun part is seeing guys be successful. You know, you always want your teammates to be successful. Those are the moments that get cherished.
Speaker 3: You cherish guys, first touchdowns, those are the things.
Speaker 1: And and then I think, finally, you really want to get in the ins all a lot, you know, that's that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: You want to win the games. You want to get in the insole a lot.
Speaker 1: That's that's what we're that's our mission as an offense is to be able to score a lot of touchdowns and be explosive and every way.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks as appreciate it. Thank you so much.