Speaker 1: Dudey Sweetmarmory, I'm back.
Speaker 2: I missed you. I missed you too.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry I was absent last week.
Speaker 2: Totally fine. The great and glorious Kim Moffatt stepped in and.
Speaker 1: She did fantastic, fabulous and it was the perfect person. Yeah, it was perfect person to step in at the last minute because she already knows everything about Full exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why I was like, oh, I know exactly who I'm gonna who I'm gonna call because she, Kim knows more about the.
Speaker 1: Show than I do, for sure, more than both of us come by. Yeah, easily, absolutely, But it.
Speaker 2: Was really fun. I'm so glad you're back. Yes, I can't tell you how many people saying my name at nineties yep. Yeah, and they told me to sing it back to you, Andrea Barber, so oh, I love lots of miss I have a few things I would like to show you.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, please do what do you have to show? Show and tell, show and tell.
Speaker 2: Some wonderful fan made me a friendship bracelet, which I have a bunch of them still. I've saved all of them that people made me. They're all over there by the Full House House but this one in particular was really epic because they made a bracelet that says the world is small, but the house is full, and it's just exactly the size it's now.
Speaker 3: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: Have no excuse unless I like read it backwards or something, but no excuse, it's always it is going to be right here and I just have to read it. So thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Did that more than any well.
Speaker 2: They were like, here, it's I put it on a bracelet. Now you can't screw it up. So I think it was sort of also like full. Yeah, they were like we're done with this. Uh just please, it's.
Speaker 3: A little a little, a little petty and I love It's.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, Gwen, just read you read it right anyway.
Speaker 3: So there's that, okay.
Speaker 2: I also have several little bracelets for you, some things, some stickers that fans have given. There's there's more in here. There's a little envelope for you. I've got and stuff. But I have to show you. There were I think two people maybe three that came with the picture of this, but the first person that came through the line that gave me this had put it in a frame and it is very, very special to me.
Speaker 3: Oh what is it?
Speaker 2: What do you think it is? Donna a picture?
Speaker 3: But it's a big bunny.
Speaker 2: My very own pink bunny in a frame because that was yours, because that was your bunny exactly. And so somebody said you need a framed bunny. And so now I have a framed pink bunny. And I thank you so much to the fan that brought me this at nineties Con in Hartford. Just I love it. It literally is sitting in my office now and I have a pink bunny and all is okay with the world.
Speaker 3: I feel like our characters are healing their generational trauma.
Speaker 2: We are healing, healing deep wounds. And another fan was so sweet. I thought they wanted me to sign this. I was like, there's no way there. They're like, no, no, no, it's for you. We know you love legos. Oh so they got me the little mini Disney castle. What I was like, for me, seriously, so sweet, so generous, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to build my Disney legos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have the best fans. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Everyone was so excited, had so much fun. Everyone sent you so much love. Ab They were all like, oh, we love Andrea. We're you know, we wish it was here, and he's like, she is here in spirit and just you got so much love. So just know that. But our fans were awesome at nineties Cone and it was it was really fun. We had a good time.
Speaker 3: That is so sweet.
Speaker 1: That's so heartwarming, And thank you for passing on those wonderful messages. I was so sad when I had to cancel, but you know, I just had some family Yeah, family stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I mean, look, life happens, right. I heard a great quote today and that during my Peloton ride. Yeah Peloton. It was Tune Day that said it, and she said, you know, what is a plan but just your best guess anyway. And I like that's so true because she was like, I woke up in a mood because my plan. I had a plan and then it just didn't go. And she was like, but a plan's really just kind of a guess of what you think is going to happen anyway, and I was like, you know, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 1: It's our best guess and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 2: So you know what, sometimes it doesn't happen. Sometimes you got to deal with family stuff and that's yeah, that's how it goes. But you were missed, you were loved. All the casts and stuff said hello, and you know, we'll drag you back for another one.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will definitely be at the next one. And I was, yeah, very I'm just yeah, my heart is very full. Thank you for the love and the grace, and thank you for stepping in, Jody and and hitting with the recap.
Speaker 3: You did a great job.
Speaker 2: Look, this is the thing we know about me. It's all silly and crazy and wild until you know the proverbial hits the fan and then I'm like, I'm in.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: And I am astound myself with how actually on top of things that I am and can be.
Speaker 3: So I know, I can't you step up? Yeah yeah, yeah, of course you can't. Of course you can.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I loved housting with Kim. It was really fun.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, nice, glad to have you back. Yeah, it's so good to be back.
Speaker 1: And I am so excited to recap Fogged in a great episode. Carl the Fog, I'm back, Carl interrupting plans again, you know, talk about plans being in.
Speaker 2: Carl is really he is kind of the nemesis of the Tanner family.
Speaker 1: Really, he's the Stefano Demera from Days of Our Life.
Speaker 3: He's the villain.
Speaker 2: I never watched that often, but even I remember Stephano because there was the name.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, this villain just wrecking everyone's plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost the uh was it Gargamel? No, Gargamel was the cat in the Smurfs, you.
Speaker 1: Know, oh oh, oh, yeah, who was the villain in this smart who was Uh wasn't Gargamel Gargame?
Speaker 2: I thought Gargamel was the cat anyway, anyway, exactly. He was always forming plants. I don't know why that popped into my head, but that's where we're at. So Carl the Fog is back again. What if this show was set anywhere else, Like.
Speaker 1: What if it was set in the desert, they would have no Yeah, they would have no villain villainous and you'd.
Speaker 2: Whether have flash floods, maybe heat stroke heat Yeah, heat stroke would be a theater. You could do that Chicago. You could just get sudden winds that.
Speaker 3: We could be blown away. Yeah true.
Speaker 2: So okay, yeah, well this is episode three with Carl the Fog.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. We had Carl Waite. I wrote it down.
Speaker 1: I wrote it down the Disneyland, Disneyland trip, Yes, the Disneyland trip that got interrupted, right, and then Carl the fog interrupted the Beach Boys going to wake up San Francisco and ruined Danny's plans for that, and now here everybody's.
Speaker 3: Stuck in the full house because of Carlo.
Speaker 2: Why does Carl hate the Tanner so much? I don't know. Carl is like, oh, you guys are gonna do something fun. No you're not.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, the fog was incredible, like the special.
Speaker 2: Effects there was so much like it was like, wow, I've never seen fog do that, Like it was thick, like the joke has to work, get as much fog as possible. I feel like there's a horror movie called The Fog and it's that's the only time I've ever seen fog behave that way. When it's like like your house, like through the front door. I was like, whoa aggressive fog.
Speaker 1: That was very aggressive fog. So yeah, no props to our what department is that not?
Speaker 2: That would be that would be special effects, that'd be effects apartment. Yeah. Yeah, there was someone there with a smoke machine and a fan just doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hard part is when you're done with the scene, but you have to do it again, and they got to clear all that fog out to then make it appear whenever it appeared in that first scene. So yeah, oh right, the fog out before they bring it back, before you blow the fog in. I don't know, Okay, yeah, yeah, well let's get let's get into it, shall we.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back to how Rude Tanerto's I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jodie Sweeten, and today we're discussing season two, episode twelve, entitled fogged In. Is it I N N or is it I N? I know in our notes here it says I N. But there's somewhere somewhere else I read it was in like, you know, coming to the Inn state they fogged in?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like this is the Inn.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But that's a great little play on words. Yeah, I mean, it really only works if you read it, but I like, but I appreciate.
Speaker 3: True, that doesn't really work over this audio medium.
Speaker 2: But that's no but I but yeah, that's this. It's in the spell that the fogged In. Fogged In. That would be a great name for a bed and breakfast in San Francisco. Oh my god, we should buy the full house house and turn it into the fogged In.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes, let's do it. The names will be so excited about someone else your house has bought the house.
Speaker 2: I have so many plans. Okay, I'm just gonna be standing outside with a fog machine all the time. Neighbors are gonna love it.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: This episode originally aired on January twentieth, nineteen eighty nine, the day after your birthday, Jodie Sweeten.
Speaker 2: All of seven years old?
Speaker 3: Wow? Seven?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Just a yeah? This is season two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. So you think you was seven?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean nineteen eighty nine. I was born at eighty two. I do it. If I'm doing the math correctly, I'm pretty sure I was seven. But don't gay that works not a mather.
Speaker 1: So you were born in the eighties day, I'm a seventy six girl. So by centennial baby? Oh yay, Okay, so the show, the episode goes a little something like this. The fog rolls in, and so does everyone else.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: What more do you need to know about this episode, right, that's it.
Speaker 1: It was directed by Joelswick, it was written by Kim Weissakoff, and our guest stars are all returning guest stars this year. We have Jon Apria back as Nick Kutzopolis Von Wilder also returns as Irene, and then we have Diane Brody returning as Cheryl. We first saw her in Triple Date and she's back. She was originally Jesse's date in that episode, I believe if I'm correct, and.
Speaker 3: Then they swapped and so and then Joey ended up with Cheryl. So this is great.
Speaker 1: This is this is her second full House episode. She's in a total of three. And again this is another actor where full House was their very last credit.
Speaker 3: So we killed this acting career.
Speaker 2: You know. It went so well for some of us and so not for others. I don't know what. Yeah, they were like, never again, the guest start, right, I want to do this ever again? Yeah? Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So we open in Joey's room. Joey has Michelle seated on his bed and Joey's wearing a cardigan that is very reminiscent of that cup, that paper cup, that waxy paper cup. From the nineties where, yes, like turquoise and.
Speaker 2: You know what, there were people at nineties con dressed up as that cup because you can buy that that pattern online in like shirts and sweatshirts and stuff. So maybe Joey Gladstone was kind of the original with it. But yeah, you're right, and does he does look like those like a like a like a eighties a cup from a mall refreshment stand in a generic eighties teen movie because you couldn't use any of the like, you know, coke products, right, Yeah, so they were like just put that turquoise cup in there. It's kind of the precursor to the Red Solo Cup. I feel like, really that cup walked, so the Red Solo cup fly, Yes.
Speaker 3: It did, it did.
Speaker 1: And here we are nineteen eighty nine. Joey is already already wearing yep, these colors.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: So Joey asks Michelle what her favorite impression is, because he's putting an act together.
Speaker 2: Always good to consult with toddlers while doing your standard routine.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, what better audience, right, Joey does a Jay Leno impression, and Michelle responds by resting her head on her hand. Joey does a Rodney Dangerfield impression next, and he gets the same unamused response from Michelle.
Speaker 2: Oh tough critic.
Speaker 1: Joey tells her, ah, you don't know comedy when you see it, Michelle, and she responds, no repects, and Joey laughs and says no respect. Michelle tells him me funny, and Joey jokingly calls her a little monster and begins tickling her before giving her a big kiss.
Speaker 2: It did such great impressions. It was so fun. I do have to say, though, I wonder how many people of younger generations were like, who are those people that he's impersonating?
Speaker 3: Who's Jay Leno is?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: Danger Dingerfield?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, he used to host it Tonight Show. Isn't that Kimmel? No, there was, there was.
Speaker 3: A whole Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then we have the show credits, and then we're in the kitchen. Michelle is making eggs at her plastic kitchen. As Danny watches, he jokes, you prepared them my favorite way polyvinyl side up.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a reference? Isn't that PVC? Isn't that the thing that that we all say, like, there's no PVC in this now something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Danny's.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad that this highly cancerous and caringenic playfood is made out of this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ah, the eighties, you know, right like that. Yeah, it's amazing. We all turned out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh. Stephan DJ, Stephan DJ race downstairs in their pajamas. Steph quickly asks if Danny can make French toast for breakfast, but DJ protests, asking him to make waffles instead. They argue back and forth, and Danny suggests going to the tiebreaker Michelle. Michelle smiles and says cookies. Stuff looks up for Danny and admits I can live with that. It's all kind of the same with the bread. It's flowers, shoke, cookies.
Speaker 2: French tose, waffles. The fact that we as Americans have lied to ourselves and said that like a muffin, which is just cake in a smaller form, is breakfast. It's sounding. It's so great and look at I love muffins. Don't get me wrong. It is it is breakfast cake.
Speaker 3: Breakfast cake. Nothing like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Jesse slowly stumbles downstairs with messy hair, his eyes are half closed, and he lets out a.
Speaker 2: Big yall but very clean shaven.
Speaker 1: Five o'clock shadow or eight o'clock shadow is Yeah, you're right, he must have shaved in his sleep.
Speaker 2: So maybe he just maybe he.
Speaker 3: Was a slow grower. You know those well, no, he had Greek jeans, so I feel like they were hairy.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were.
Speaker 3: Look at the hair on his head. Yeah that's true. Okay, so we must have shaved in his sleep.
Speaker 1: Danny jokes, you better check the expiration date on that moose, and Jesse just glares at him. Dj confesses, I've never seen anyone looked so wiped out.
Speaker 3: Que Joey.
Speaker 1: Joey walks up from his room and throws himself over the baby gate, Looking just as wiped out. Jesse walks over to his sleepy partner in crime and congratulates them both on staying up all night so they could finish that jingle.
Speaker 2: These guys and their last minute larrying of the jingle.
Speaker 3: Writing procrastination galore, You know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I get it, you know maybe, Yeah, they only work they work best under pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when the genius comes, is when they're true on a deadline. Kimmy cheerfully bursts in the back door with a suitcase in her hand, exclaiming, good morning, I'm here for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Joe giant suitcase, by the way, bigger than me. Really like you could have gone somewhere for a week with that. I don't know what Kimmy's bringing into this house, but I would love to know.
Speaker 3: What's in that end.
Speaker 1: I can easily fit Taylor Swift into that suitcase and right, h yeah for sure, Joey and Jesse scream in horror, and thus begins this long tradition of Kimmy not being welcome in the Tanner Home.
Speaker 3: And scaring the adults as she pops in. Can we talk about my hair?
Speaker 2: Like this hair is? Can we talk about it?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: I wrote so many notes, and I believe even last week with kim there.
Speaker 3: Was it came up.
Speaker 2: Yep, what was going on? It was the thought process, the choice. Why did your hair all of a sudden get so freaking gigantic.
Speaker 1: I've never seen real hair look more like a wig than a wig.
Speaker 2: Right you know? It's yeah, it's big.
Speaker 1: It's like spiderweb at least sound like a little plastic headband on.
Speaker 3: So that gave it some.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, can you imagine if there's nothing holding that gun. You know, I just would have just flown right off your head.
Speaker 3: That was my real hair. That's the saddest thing is that was my real hair and it.
Speaker 2: Just well, I'm sure you didn't wake up and your hair looked like that. No, but that styling. You just have very thick hair that if you curled and sprayed it in the manner that it was, it looked like it looked like a like a I don't know, like a Patrick Swayze wig or something like. It was pretty. It was. It was mullet material.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was. It was. It was just yeah, two.
Speaker 2: Shades away from a moment. There was no business in the front. It was just party all over it. It was party all.
Speaker 1: There was nothing professional about it. No, it was all all party, all gibbler all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe that maybe that's what she has in the suitcases, hair products.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. It's all of her Aquinet.
Speaker 2: That's all of her, right, It's a giant, industrial size Aquinet.
Speaker 1: So DJ takes Kimmy's suitcase out of her hands and heads upstairs. Then the doorbell rings and Joey exits to get it. Kimmy thanks Danny for having her over for the weekend, reminding him that she's allergic to dairy products, feather pillows and six year olds. Glaring right at Steph, Stephanie defends herself, don't look at me.
Speaker 3: I'm six and three quarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love watching these early interactions between us. Yes, our frenemieship is developing episode by episode, and I'm here for it. Danny asks Kimmy if her parents are coming back Sunday, to which Kimmy replies absolutely Wednesday. At the latest, Jesse sluggishly asks his family who wants to chip in for a hotel, and they all raise their hands, including Michelle.
Speaker 2: I love how Steph raised both hands.
Speaker 1: Stephanie's like her, get me out of here, please, get me some French toast and a hotel please.
Speaker 3: Exactly in the living.
Speaker 1: Room, Joey answers the front door with a waffle in his mouth, and it's Cheryl.
Speaker 2: She looks Was it a waffle or a jelly donut? Oh?
Speaker 1: You know, I think it was a jelly donut because it comes back at the end of this little scene. Right, yeah, I wrote down waffle, but it's you're right, it's a jelly donut.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Cheryl is shocked. To see Joey in such disarray. Are you the same Joey, I've been dating for two months, she says, and he responds, No, I'm Joey's grungey twin brother sloppy Joe, Let me go get handsome, Joe. She stops him and says she just wants to stop by to see if he'd like to.
Speaker 3: Go skiing over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, I forgot that Joey had this girlfriend in the beginning, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there was really no follow up after a triple date there, you know, they just the girls went off into the ether.
Speaker 3: But didn't she cut She's she came Is this her second or this is her second? This is her second episode?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, yeah. Because I was surprised, I was like, wait, what two months?
Speaker 3: Two months?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you who is this person? And then I was like, oh wait that's right, I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, I know this all took place off stage, and now this is Cheryl's back. We're learning about this relationship in real time here. Joey is surprised that Cheryl wants to take the risk of seeing him like this again, but she jokes, you haven't seen my evil twin yet no makeup, Cheryl.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna say, right there, I can see why this relationship isn't gonna work. She's not funny.
Speaker 3: Well, she's funny, she's not funny enough for Joey. Definitely, no makeup, Cheryl, that's not there's a when she said that, I went on.
Speaker 2: Joey's like he's bumped at that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, this relationship is not going to last. But yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: She tried.
Speaker 3: It's okay, she tried.
Speaker 1: And I think you know, Joey's just excited that somebody loves him and he wants to go skiing for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, so all right exactly.
Speaker 1: Cheryl tells him she'll pick him up at five o'clock and then gives him a kiss. M strawberry jolly donut she noticed, and Joey smirks, I'll pick up a dozen for the weekend. After Cheryl leaves, Joey celebrates a little too hard, squeezing the strawberry jelly out of his donut, getting it everywhere.
Speaker 2: The amount of times that that's happened to me over celebrating with a jelly donut in my hand.
Speaker 3: Now I feel like a jelly donut. I haven't had one of those in a hot minute.
Speaker 2: I actually don't love jelly donuts. It's kind of a weird. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Do you like your donuts without filling out?
Speaker 2: I like the little cake sprinkle donuts. I like the care I do too. I like the cake or an apple fritter dipped in coffee.
Speaker 3: Ooh, so good man, No, I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: Next, we're in Jesse's room where Kimmy is playing the keyboard as DJ holds up a mic while they see it doing pretty good.
Speaker 3: Oh it's no, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know it's fake, but it's better than only once did I go, wait, that's not quite on set. But for the most part it was.
Speaker 1: It was, except I'm not pressing the keyboard like my hands are just sort of flow like I'm touching the keyboard, but I'm not pressing the keys down. So even though I have the tempo down right, I'm not pressing those keys like it's it's you know, this whole episode, my acting is questionable, But you know, I thought you did great.
Speaker 3: I was more concerned about singing.
Speaker 1: You know what, anytime you have to sing on camera, it's terrifying, So I think I was more self conscious about that than my keyboard.
Speaker 2: Well, you were doing great at both, so well, thank you. Yeah the emotion even Yes.
Speaker 1: Locomotion originally by Eva Narcissus Narcissus Boys Wait Oh, and later covered by Kylie Minogue amazing. I never I don't know if I've heard the original. I've heard the nineteen eighties version, but I love this song.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: And DJ's playing the tambourine much better than she played the guitar in season one when we were the bracelets, So this is the right instrument for DJ.
Speaker 2: Is tambourine is usually pretty manageable.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesse walks in and stops them, and then he starts to panic. He asks DJ where they got this tape, and she informs him that it was already in there. Jesse begs, please tell me you didn't tape over my Cosa dea Pancakes jingle. He plays the tape back and confirms that they did tape.
Speaker 3: Over the jingle.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He's furious, yelling that they destroyed it. Kimmy replies, well, not all of it. You still have Casa dey pancakes ole.
Speaker 3: Wait to go Kimmy rub salt mery, Kimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesse reminds DJ that this is his room and they have no right to be in here without his permission. DJ attempts to speak, but Jesse cuts her off.
Speaker 3: He's very mad.
Speaker 2: I understand well why he's mad, well, but.
Speaker 3: The level of mad is it goes high, it goes little too high.
Speaker 2: I disagree on that, but that's I think he was appropriately angry.
Speaker 1: Really, oh see you, I do disagree he I think he overreacted here. Here's my problem with Jesse in all of his moments like this right, is that I feel like these emotions aren't really earned, Like is this level of anger really justified? Because he blows his top at DJ kicks her out of her They.
Speaker 2: Stayed up all night riding a jingle that's due today and thought it was done, and then these kids go into his room and start messing with his equipment and record over something that's.
Speaker 1: I understand be in there, no touchy. I understand that he's sleep deprived.
Speaker 3: You know, he's got a hot time.
Speaker 2: I mean he definitely went from zero to one hundred.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, Well, here's that.
Speaker 2: I do think I was, like, I give why you'd be pissed.
Speaker 3: Well, when when Joey was mad.
Speaker 1: At DJ a few episodes ago, it's because he was panicked because he didn't know where she was. Right, Danny was angry, it's because Jesse crashed his car bullet. When Jesse's angry, it's all like, it's all inner, it's you know, he's mad because he doesn't have privacy and house.
Speaker 3: He's mad because you know the girls are wells and wi.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a little it's a little self centered. But this time I think it's not self centered, and it's more just that someone was using his stuff without asking and ruined something that was important.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying the girls were in the right. I'm just saying his level of anger was.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm maybe I'm just maybe I'm. It's because I'm loud, so I think like that sort sort of loud reaction to me him Like that makes sense.
Speaker 3: It's normalized for you. Yeah, yeah, No, he's he loses it.
Speaker 2: He does, He really does.
Speaker 3: He really does lose it.
Speaker 1: And he do you remember, Yeah, it was season two when you broke Jesse's arms and how mad, how he made you feel so bad that whole episode too.
Speaker 3: Again, Jesse's mad because, well, you didn't mean to break his arms.
Speaker 2: But well, he broke his arms right. I accidentally cut his hair and which he was legitimately like bummed about, but also like hair will grow back, okay. But then he went out and acted like an and broke his arm.
Speaker 1: Right and then made you feel bad about it for the for the rest of the episode.
Speaker 2: That's not yeah, that's but that was the pattern.
Speaker 3: This is a pattern with Jesse.
Speaker 2: But that was him blaming his his stupid mistake on me. This one wasn't his stupid mistake. It was the kids.
Speaker 3: Well it was, but I still.
Speaker 2: Think we shall agree to disagree, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: That's what we're here for, is to bring our own interpretation to this.
Speaker 1: So Jesse cannot believe that the girls would record over a tape without checking it first. His anger builds, Now, why don't you guys both get out of here before I get mad? And Kimmy sarcastically questions, before Danny walks in and DJ finally gets a word in to apologize to Jesse, and she adds, but you don't have to worry, because I'll never come in this room again, before storming off.
Speaker 2: I love the drama of twelve thirteen year old girls. I'm never coming in here.
Speaker 1: Again, ever again, I'm sure, and that was very real for her. I'm sure she felt that way in that moment.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I were Jesse, I have been like, yeah, that's fine, Please don't don't.
Speaker 3: I'm putting a lock on.
Speaker 2: My door right come in here again because I've yeah, it's not your stuff. Uh so?
Speaker 3: Danny asks Jesse what happened?
Speaker 1: Jesse is still filled with rage while telling him they messed up his jingle tape. Danny puts his hands on his hips. Don't you think you're overreacting? Jesse shouts back, assuring he is not overreacting. He yells, now, my whole life is ruined. He catch, that's overreacting. He catches himself in the midst.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'm overreacting.
Speaker 1: Danny notices that Jesse lost his temper again, and Jesse tries to defend himself, but acknowledges he lost his cool and came down too hard on her. Danny encourages him to straighten things out with dj before Jesse walks out. Danny asks Jesse do you need a hug? And Jesse pauses and gives him a disgusted look. Haven't I been through enough?
Speaker 3: Poor JESSI? Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: The last thing you want when you're angry is to be hugged, don't the worst?
Speaker 3: Especially like did your mom?
Speaker 1: Oh no, you didn't have siblings, but like when my brothers and I would fight, my mom would make us hug each other like it's a word. You don't want to hug someone, especially when you're like peeved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the worst.
Speaker 1: Uh So the next scene, we're in Michelle's room. Steph walks into the room and starts to vent DJ was playing all day with Kimmy gibble Burger.
Speaker 2: That's your new official name. Excuse me, Kenny Gibbleberger.
Speaker 3: That would be geek Burger to you.
Speaker 2: I like gibble Burger. It's also a little harder to say. It is hard to say I tripped over Jimmy. Kimmy Gibbleberger.
Speaker 3: Say that five times fast, Kimmy Giblberger. Right.
Speaker 1: Stephanie continues, Uh, I don't believe I'm going to say this.
Speaker 3: But would you play with me Michelle?
Speaker 1: Michelle says no, and Steph begs saying she'll play anything Michelle wants.
Speaker 3: Well, you were desperate. Yeah, Michelle, exclaims Horsey and Steph gives in. Okay, hop on.
Speaker 2: She gets on my back.
Speaker 1: Problem started right here this scene the scene yep, she gets on her hands and knees, lets Michelle up on her back and stuff crawls over to mister Bhaer and sighs, mister Bear, I can't believe I've sunk this low.
Speaker 3: And next we are in the.
Speaker 1: Living room and Jesse has a mysteriously large object under a sheet. He calls DJ downstairs, and she sarcastically comments, well, what did I do now? He tells her he has a fun surprise for her, but Kimmy warns DJ it could be a trick, Jesse.
Speaker 2: Were Kimmy's parents done to her?
Speaker 3: She's there's a lot for unpack.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ey's gonna be great. No it's not. It's a trick. Yeah, it's a trick. You're lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some childhood trauma here for sure. Jesse rips off the sheet to reveal a set of drums. DJ reads the front of the set Harry Levin trio. Jesse says he got a good deal because Harry's.
Speaker 3: Going back into the Delhi business. He lets her know that the drums are all hers. DJ can't believe it. She asks why.
Speaker 1: Jesse responds, I just wanted to make sure we're buddies. DJ runs in for a hug, and Kimmy follows, hugging an uncomfortable Jesse and saying, thanks for the skins, Bud, I just love John looks so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: It gives me so much joy.
Speaker 1: DJ sits at her drum set and Jesse hands her drumsticks so she can give them a try. She immediately beats the drums terribly while Jesse and Kimmy wins. DJ asks how she's doing, and Jesse jokes, well, you're facing the right direction. He takes the sticks so he can show her because he used to play a little bit in junior high school. He cranks out this impressive drum solo, like.
Speaker 2: Loving it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just goes all ham on this, and Joey and Cheryl walk in and their ski outfits, and Stephanie comes in from downstairs. From upstairs, everyone gathers around the drums and starts moving to the beat, and your dance is so.
Speaker 2: What was I know? I'm like just doing some sort of weird little like vibing moment, but.
Speaker 3: At least you have rhythm. I do not.
Speaker 1: I am more awkward in this scene than ever before trying to.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll tell you. It's very hard to dance with the weight of that much hair on your head. I understand it was throwing you off a little bit, you know what I mean. You started to find the rhythm and you're like, whoa ah my hair. Yeah, so that's it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I forgive myself then, but yeah, I'm so awkward in this whole scene. Like just it's so cringey to watch because I can tell how self conscious I am trying to, like, am I on my mark?
Speaker 3: Am I cheating out? Am I? Am I my dancing? It's just I was like, oh, it brought me right back to that moment.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it's amazing because I don't see any.
Speaker 3: Of that, don't really thought.
Speaker 2: I mean, occasionally I'll see like a little bit of like a look or maybe a sort of moment where you're like, you know, I can see the ab come out where you're like, m yeah, embarrassed or something. But no, most of the time you would have no clue oh that you are not just committed to putting it all out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, good.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes me feel a little better because I thought this was super obvious, at least to me. It was.
Speaker 3: You're your own worst critic, so that makes sense, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Jesse finishes his drum solo, Everyone cheers, and Nick enters through the front door, perfect timing. Steph shouts we got drums, and Kimmy corrects her, No, we got drums, pointing to her, and dj DJ corrects again, No, I got drums.
Speaker 2: I'm still like, if anyone bought my kid a drum set unexpectedly murder.
Speaker 1: It would be yeah, death of that relationship immediately, right, Yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Was he thinking?
Speaker 1: Cheryl interrupts and tells Joey it's time to go to Tahoe. Nick warns them that the fog is very thick.
Speaker 2: Joey compares going to come into the house.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like instantly, it's.
Speaker 2: Just there, wrap tendrils around you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Joey compares the thickness to pea soup, and Jesse plays a rim shot on the drums to finish off the joke.
Speaker 2: Wait, I thought DJ did that.
Speaker 3: It comes later when DJ gets back, got it?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Lots of rim shots in this episode. Joey and Cheryl exit.
Speaker 1: And Jesse greets Nick with a big hug. Nick compliments his son's looks, and Jesse compliments Nick right back.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you know who the impression was that he was doing well? And when he says, don't forget to turn off the bubble machine.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was Ed Sullivan until he said the bubble machine thing. So then I was like, Lawrence welk, Lawrence, Well, okay, a different vert.
Speaker 2: The bubble machine and the and the orchestra and the thing.
Speaker 3: That's what it was, Okay, because at first.
Speaker 2: I thought it was I had no idea until he made the bubble reference.
Speaker 3: Now ah, that's right, Lawrence Welk. Okay, yep.
Speaker 2: And again, anyone probably listening to this podcast is.
Speaker 3: Like, h who, that's why we have Google.
Speaker 2: And I can't even explain it because I don't even I just know he hosts a show that there was music and bubbles.
Speaker 3: On and bubbles. Well, there was a song he did a song that involved or something.
Speaker 2: No, that's a tiny bubbles, that's a tiny tin.
Speaker 3: Oh so I'm thinking I've got the wrong everything. Okay, that's all right, that's all right. It was a throwaway joke.
Speaker 1: Dave did it brilliantly, and now I know that what the reference is. Jesse and Nick finish exchanging compliments, and they simultaneously stroke their hair and say thanks. Nick tells Jesse that everything is going great and right then Grandma Irene barges in, shouting, girls, your Grandpa's moving in forever.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Jess turns to Nick and says, what did you do this time? Nick says he simply suggested that she spend a little less time at night school and concentrate on her domestic responsibilities. Irene chimes in his exact words were yo, Irene, drop out of that flaky college and home and make me dinner. Like I was like, what, Nick has shown this sight of himself before.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Nick, the misogyny runs deep. Nick. He's very you know, old school has these very rigid old school ideas. But this one, when he's when that was the I was like, yeah, that was particularly bad because it's not even funny, oh not even in the Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of jokes didn't age well in from nineteen eighty nine, but this one I think was offensive even back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this one. This was a definite like, let's make fun of the women joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, so they loudly.
Speaker 2: Apparently neither did Grandma Irene.
Speaker 3: So no, I love Grandma Irene. You know she puts him in his place too.
Speaker 2: She's great.
Speaker 3: She might wear panty.
Speaker 1: Hose on a plane, but I'll forgive her for that, because right she is sticking up for herself.
Speaker 3: And she's like, you're out, You're out of my house. Jesse reminds them, Hey, there's kids in the room. Stop bickering. I Ren notices that DJ has a new set of drums, prompting DJ to give her an off tune drum beat. Danny walks in through the front door in his original satin forty nine ers jacket.
Speaker 2: That Jensen is just coveting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Wishes he could have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pay any amount for this jacket.
Speaker 1: Uh, Danny sighs, Oh no, that racket is coming from my house. DJ tells him that uncle Jesse bought the drums for her, and Danny sarcastically acts delighted. So very he's just like, Jesse, can I see you in the kitchen, and the guy's exit to go have a word in the kitchen, Steph asks DJ when she'll get a turn, and DJ says, right after, I get good at this, and Steph groans, So I guess the answer is never.
Speaker 3: Love it. You take no prisoners.
Speaker 2: You're just like, no, none, Yeah, just lobbing in, good turn. You're not gonna give me a turn? Well, guess what you suck.
Speaker 3: She's not wrong, you know she's not DJ.
Speaker 1: And instruments just don't mix right now. You know you can't play the guitar, she can't play the drums. True.
Speaker 2: It was very funny though, because it was such a sibling thing to do, like your sibling just get something and you're like, can I have a turn? Can I? Can I do it? Can I do it? Can I do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So true to life, so true to life. So in the kitchen, Danny asks Jesse, drums, Did I do something to you?
Speaker 2: That's the only reason to buy that you would buy a child drums is if you really really dislike someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's payback or something. Yeah, it's it's it's not a kind gesture. I get where Jesse's coming from, because you're like, I love the drums. Why wouldn't my niece love the drums, but it's like, dude, now you gotta live with the drums.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants nobody drum.
Speaker 2: Nobody loves the drums when someone is learning to play them.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is the worst.
Speaker 1: Jesse tells them, Hey, every kid in America wants drums and Danny Fire's back. Good, then we'll have no trouble selling them.
Speaker 2: That one actually made me laugh. I was like, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The drumming continues.
Speaker 1: Danny yell for them to stop, only to find out that this ruckus is coming from my reen. Like even Grandma gets a turn on these drugs. Danny asks what possessed Jesse to buy her drums, and Jesse, who's eating cold fried chicken by the way.
Speaker 2: On the counter on the counter, does yeah.
Speaker 1: Just a classic Jesse moment. He says he felt bad and wanted to make dj feel better. Danny doesn't like that Jesse tried to buy her off, and Jesse defends himself. She loves the drums, she loves me, what's your problem? Danny emphasizes that he bought her an obnoxious gift instead of talking to her. Jesse sarcastically apologizes for bringing the joy of music into.
Speaker 3: A young girl's life and then storms back into the living room.
Speaker 2: You know, the more I see Grandpa Nick, though, the more when Jesse has these little tantrum moments and is like kind of emotionally acts as a child and like makes it all about fine, then you don't want to, you know, find it. I was being nice and you're like, oh, but you weren't. Though, Then I see Grandpa and I go, ah, okay, yep, it all makes sense. It all makes sense, and I get why you're struggling because you were He wasn't raised by people that well, at least Grandpa Nick was Grandpa emotionally uh avail, shall we say?
Speaker 3: Yah? Yeah, No, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's it's easy to see that this is passed down from generation to generation. And Jesse, he'll eventually come around. It takes him twenty two minutes, but he'll eventually come around. But in the moment, he's heated, he's petty, and you know, I I as many issues as that I have with Jesse, I do enjoy watching this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back in the living room, Jesse announces to DJ that he has bad news. Her dad doesn't want her to have the drums, and now he threw Danny under the bus, right.
Speaker 2: Just boom boom, right over the back of Danny with that bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so petty, it's so petty.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, even Nick thinks that DJ should get to keep the drums. Irene interjects, Nick, I think you should let them work it out, and he replies, well, now that I live here, I should be involved. Danny's face turns sour. You live here now, poor Danny.
Speaker 2: He just comes home to all sorts of you have bought your drums and seven new people in your house.
Speaker 1: Irene leaves and Nick tells everyone she'll be back, que Irene, who immediately walks back.
Speaker 3: In the front door with the fog, with the behind her right with her.
Speaker 1: She tells them that she's back because the fog is too thick and she can't see the steps.
Speaker 3: Danny is just thrilled.
Speaker 1: Here. We are all fogged in together, one big, happy family, and of course the Harry Levin trio. DJ gives a rim shot there. It is yep, the soly she can do that. You know, she can't play the drugs, but she can do a rim shot.
Speaker 2: But she can. Yeah, she can emphasize the funny parts. Yeah, there's that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure. We come back from a commercial break, we see an establishing shot of a nighttime San Francisco obscured by fog, just in case you forgot what the dilemma is during this.
Speaker 2: Episode, although I'm surprised that with as thick as the fog appears to be, you wouldn't see any of San Francisco.
Speaker 3: That's true, Yeah, you would even just I.
Speaker 2: Mean you can't even see the steps.
Speaker 3: No, you see like the Trans America building or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that fog is as thick as pea soup. Next, we're in a Stephan DJ's room. Danny is setting up an extra bed for Kimmy. When DJ asks if he's decided about her drums yet, Danny tells her no, he wants to sleep on it. Kimmy jokes, well, isn't it more comfortable to sleep on your bed? And then Kimmy laughs at her own joke. She's the only one laughing. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I mean, I felt and I really needed another, but we yes heard it in my head when you said it. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Nick and Irene walk in to say good night, still avoiding each other. Irene mentions she'll be sleeping in Joe's room in case anybody wants to beg for forgiveness. Danny gets all the girls into bed and dj asks why is everyone mad tonight? Steph answers, well, maybe it's because Kimmy Gibbler is here. Danny doesn't think so, and then he notices Kimmy obnoxiously chomping on chips in bed, and he admits to steph, well, maybe what's wrong with.
Speaker 2: BlimE me fog? Really everyone's in a bad mood because of the fog.
Speaker 3: Well, Kimmy's not helping. She's not helping in the bed. Make it her sarcastic remarks.
Speaker 1: Right, she's a comic relief, but she's not helping Danny in this moment.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: In Michelle's room, Jesse's reading Horton hears a who to Michelle. Danny walks into checking on her. Oh yeah, Jesse sarcastically tells Danny, don't worry.
Speaker 3: I didn't buy her a thing. So petty, so petty, calm down.
Speaker 2: You're reading her story. It's lovely, it's great. Nobody said anything.
Speaker 3: Jesse's a little bitter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesse gets back to reading, and he starts to tell a passive aggressive story based on this argument between himself and Danny. Danny picks up Michelle, and Michelle calls him a geeky giant, pulling the reference from Jesse's.
Speaker 2: Story Jesse's book right, the geeky Giant.
Speaker 3: The geeky giant. Uh.
Speaker 1: Jesse leaves laughing, and Danny attempts to tell Michelle a news story about himself and Jesse painting himself in a better light, but Michelle still calls him a geeky giant.
Speaker 2: I like Danny's story way better, though. I felt like that was a more that yeah, more appropriate, ef, I get that story for yeah, a two year older?
Speaker 1: Yeah, however was next We're in stuff in DJ's room. Kimmy is intensely snoring as DJ and Steph lay wide awake. Again, my acting like it's I know.
Speaker 3: It's a sitcom, it's not supposed to be real, but it's really fake.
Speaker 2: Like you know when you tell kids like, hey, fake snore like they do it, you know you're like that, Okay, yeah, yeah, so you know you were doing you were doing everything that a thirteen or fourteen year old would do when asked to pretend to snore. Really loudly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't quite get the guttural, like the guttural back of the throat or noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's then you sound like a wookie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it was. It was difficult, but I did my best. You know, it's I tried.
Speaker 2: I tried. I thought it was great. It was perfectly obnoxious.
Speaker 1: Kimmy, I can yeah, I can get away with it because it's Kimi Gibbler. DJ flips on the light and stuff says, does she snore that loud because she has all that air in her head? DJ finds it weird because Kimmy never snores when she's sleeping in class. And I just got to give a shout out here to the DP for lighting us so perfectly that you can see our faces, but it still looks.
Speaker 3: Like nighttime, like the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there will say. There was a couple scenes that I was like, what's happening with the lighting? But this one looked pretty good.
Speaker 3: This one was well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: In a couple of future scenes it's not so great, but for now perfect, DJ and Steph decide to get Kimmy out of the room. They pull her to her feet, saying it's time for her sleep walk. Steph shakes her head and with a mister T reference, says, I pity the fool that marries this woman. Stephan DJ guide Kimmy into Michelle's room, placing her on the rocking chair. Steph encourages Kimmy to snore her head off. Now she's Michelle's problem.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Michelle pops up from her crib when hearing the snore. She hangs over the crib and shouts, oh no, sh Kimmy continues her snoring, and Michelle puts her hands over her ears in agony.
Speaker 2: Quite a snore. I feel like you might need to get checked for sleep app near or something. I need one of those scen Yeah, you need a seapap a seapappy machine, Yes you can. Gibler needs a seapappypy machine.
Speaker 3: Yep, perfect reference.
Speaker 1: Next in the kitchen, it's dark and Joey and Cheryl quietly walk in through the back door. Cheryl apologizes for not making it out of town. Joey jokes that if the fog didn't clear up, they would still be driving around the Kmart parking lot, and he kisses Cheryl goodbye.
Speaker 3: Wait but how does Cheryl get home? And is that the last we ever see Cheryl for this episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait, yeah, how'd she got home? Howd she get home?
Speaker 1: If it's too foggy for Irene to go home, but it's not too foggy for Cheryl to drive home, and Joey just sends her on the way.
Speaker 3: I don't know. This relationship is not going to last easily.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe that's why we never see her again.
Speaker 3: Like bye, she just lost it walking around San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Somewhere in the fast She's still lost in the fog, right, she's still driving around the kmart parking lot and there's not even a kmart anymore, So Dave or not Dave.
Speaker 3: Joey is attempting to be extremely quiet, but then he.
Speaker 1: Loses his balance, trips over the skis, falls backwards down his stairs and into his bedroom.
Speaker 3: Excellent comedy.
Speaker 2: As soon. I didn't know the fall was coming, but I see him set those skis there, and I was like, why would you put those there? You're going to trip over them? And then he did it, and I was like, oh, maybe it's just because I'm extraordinarily aware of things that I will trip over. So that's why I was paying attention. But yep, yep, you agree that comedy though he just tumbled right backwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, did they have a They must have had a pad down there for him, Yeah, otherwise he would have broken his back.
Speaker 3: That was he committed to that bit, and it really did. Really he well executed, very well executed.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Nick hears this commotion and shouts from the couch, Irene, is that you? Joey doesn't answer. He begins taking off his clothes in the darkness of his room. He gets into bed when suddenly a body flings on him. Oh, sweetheart, you want to kiss and makeup? Joey shouts, I don't know. He flips on the light and sees that it's Irene. They both scream, and Nick runs down the stairs.
Speaker 2: He sees you quickly by the way.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, from the couch. Yeah, he got there instantly.
Speaker 2: He apparates, if anyone breaks into your house, Grandpa and Nick, he's on it. He will be right there at the second you scream.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeap.
Speaker 1: Nick sees the two of them in bed together and shouts first college now this. Danny and Jesse run down the stairs in shock. Joey assures Nick, never in a million billion years would I be down here with your wife. Irene shoots him a look, hey, what's wrong with his wife? Joey assures her that nothing is wrong. She's a very attractive woman. Jesse tells him back off, that's his mommy he's talking about. Joey's just digging his hole.
Speaker 3: Deeper and deeper.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Danny hands Joey a robe as he gets out of bed. Joey tells Nick, your wife shouldn't be sleeping alone. She loves to cuddle, and they exit. Jesse forces his parents to sit down and settle their problem. Nick apologizes for losing his temper and tells her first thing in the morning, we'll go to that shop you like and buy you a brand new outfit. Irene responds, you can't buy me a new outfit and expect everything to be better. Nick says, you're right, I'll throw in a pair of new shoes. Jesse tells me right, yep, they are just yes, this is.
Speaker 2: Right there patterns. Toxic family patterns get passed down from generation to generation.
Speaker 3: This is how it goes.
Speaker 1: Jesse tells his dad that they should sit down and talk about their problems instead of him buying her gifts. He suddenly realized how this connects to him and DJ and sighs, oh boy. Jesse tells Nick he got a lot of things from him. I got your pride, your ambition, your hair. Thank you, by the way. Then he mentions the not so great quality he got from Nick, his temper. Jesse sits and asks Nick and Irene if they're ready to talk to each other. Nick and Jesse agree that they can both do better. Jesse tells him because this fog is gonna lift and frankly, father, you can't live here. Next in the living room, Jesse sits near Danny on the couch and apologizes about the drum fiasco, and Danny gives him a sincere thank you. DJ appears at the top of the stairs and asks what's.
Speaker 3: Going on down there.
Speaker 1: Danny asks asks her why she's awake, and DJ explains it well, first it was from Kimmy's snoring, Then there was a loud crash and then people screaming. This time she was on her way back from the bathroom. Jesse asks DJ to come downstairs so we can talk with her.
Speaker 3: He wants to.
Speaker 1: Tell her that he was wrong and Danny was right. Danny shouts DJ, get down here in full support. DJ asks Danny again if she can keep the drum set, to which he says yes, but the sticks have gotta go and Danny exits. Jesse grabs DJ and sits her down on the couch. He explains how he should have talked to her today instead of buying her a big gift. DJ tells him, hey, don't be so hard on yourself.
Speaker 3: Jesse begins, those kids are like, no, that's a great way to solve problems.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is working out excellent for me.
Speaker 3: Buy me something every time we have fright. Please.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jesse begins to tell her about his temper and how it accidentally hurts the people he loves. DJ doesn't blame him for being mad at her because she did tape over his pancake jingle. Okay, they're both admitting fault.
Speaker 3: I like this, yeap.
Speaker 1: He continues to say what he did was wrong, but DJ doesn't quite get it yet. Jesse starts to tell a story from when he was a kid. If he did something wrong, his dad would blow his top and send him to his room. Then a few hours later, Nick would come back with a Batman comic book. They never talked about their problems. Jesse tells her, I don't want that to happen to you and me, and DJ tells him, I think we're doing pretty good. Jesse gives her a big kiss and admits he got into a lot of trouble when he was a kid. He starts to tell her a story about this one time he was playing football while his dad watched the Beverly Hillbillies, and Jesse kicked a field goal right through Jethro's face. Jesse laughs at the story, and suddenly he notices DJ is asleep on his chest. He wraps her in a blanket, ending his story, and they lived happily ever after. And that's our show, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: That was such a sweet ending moment. I really I love that, And it was, you know, such apparenting thing that you can relate to when you're like then this time when I was a can button, your kids were just like, I don't I don't care. Yeah, you've lost the kid, you've lost Yeah, yeah, you're just entertaining yourself at that point. But basically at least he totally got that and was like, yep, you know what this is. Actually, this is actually the good story is being here with these kids. And it was very sweet.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was such a sweet moment. A great resolution. You know, they both admitted they were wrong.
Speaker 2: Great resolution. The drums are gone. Everyone has admitted. You know, look, I screwed up. You screwed up. This is the thing. We see Jesse not wanting to be like his dad. Yes, there's growth is a big plus.
Speaker 3: There's personal growth in this episode.
Speaker 2: Very pleased and there's some there's a little bit of redemption in it. In the we see Jesse go you know what I see where I get this? And I, yeah, I kind of can't keep doing this. Yep, now it's great. Did you have any everywhere you look moments?
Speaker 3: I do. I'm kind of cheating, but I do have one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have I have two?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, well mine is in the first scene or no, yeah, in the first scene where I appear I come in. Yeah, I barge in with my hair and I'm like, good morning, good morning. I'm here for the weekend. So this is a gift or like a meme on the internet, and I send this to every as soon as I when I go visit friends, out of town or whatever, and I'm spending this, I say this to them to announce my arrival.
Speaker 3: I've arrived. I'm here for the weekend.
Speaker 1: And my goal in life is to send instead of talking, just to be able to respond to people solely. With Kimmy Gibbler Gifts, there's a gift for every reaction, every timely scenario. And I'm really is I just want to communicate in Kimmy Gibbler Gifts and this is one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love that you do this, and I one percent think it's an appropriate thing. And now that I know that there's a gift of it, That's what I'm going to do when I'm traveling places.
Speaker 3: When you try to announce your arrival, I'm here.
Speaker 2: To announce my rete. Yeah, I'm here. I'm here for the weekend. Oh my god, that's great. I love it.
Speaker 3: What were your everywhere you looks?
Speaker 2: So I had two everywhere you look moments. One is when you see the guys coming out of Michelle's room. I'm not sure at which point it is. Oh, it's right when DJ records over the thing and she storms out and baby comes in or whatever. On that first scene, in Jesse's room. You see in the hallway that there are now family photos on the wall, whereas before it was just I think, kind of a generic like art thing or whatever. But now you see some family photos with all of us on the wall. But what they are is just set stills. So they're actually photographs of other episodes that like the behind the scenes photographer would get. So there's scenes from the the Horse episode where we're standing there, there's there's a yeah, there's a couple ones. But it's really funny because when you really look at what the pictures are, you'd be like, well, who took the pictures?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a scene there.
Speaker 2: Like that was a scene we saw that happen, but I didn't know there was a picture taken, but that was one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had some of those pictures. I have that horse picture of the three of us you mean and Candae on the horse. I had that printed out as like an eight x ten in my box of memorabilia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have, we got a lot. I have a ton of those, like backstage photos somewhere.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: And then the second one, I don't know if you noticed the shirt that I was wearing.
Speaker 3: It felt like a repeat a repeat outfit.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a repeat. Oh okay, but it did repeat a theme.
Speaker 3: What what did it repeat?
Speaker 2: Sottie dogs?
Speaker 3: You had a Scottie dog on your shirt.
Speaker 2: Said Scotty. It didn't even I don't it said it's sty in the arm. The sleeves were like plaid, and I was like, oh my god, it's another one that is your running Well maybe that was a repeat. I didn't remember it though, but.
Speaker 1: The Scottie dog is definitely a repeating pattern for Stephanie. Yes, Janis must have been so proud, you know, Scotty dogs.
Speaker 2: Although that dog that she had that was a Scotti her first dog, ate all of her shoes and she's Bonnie was the name of the dogs. Talk about how she had that dog to ever nuts. So I don't know if it was.
Speaker 3: It was not inspired by jam wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, it was not inspired, but it was How did we I guess Scottie dogs were just a thing.
Speaker 1: We got to get Genus Draconis and ROBERTA. Hayes, Yes, on that podcast. We can ask them all these questions because they were brilliant at dressing.
Speaker 2: What was the deal with Scottie Dogs? And why were they everywhere? Was it a late eighties fan thing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was some seven year olds were into you know, yeah what was right?
Speaker 2: Although I guess you know what they were Scottie dogs. I remember when the kids were younger, like all of a sudden, lamas were the thing, and you'd go to like justice and everything had a lama on it, true, and then it was uh narwalls, and then it was you know, so I get it, like there's we sort of have cycle through animals. We cycle through silly little animals that were like this is the kyd thing ever, And I guess the late nineteen eighty nine was Scottie dogs.
Speaker 3: It was the year of the Scottie dog.
Speaker 2: Okay, indeed, but that's those were my two everywhere.
Speaker 3: You look great? Those are good, you know, Egil, I.
Speaker 2: Well, this was another really great episode of the show. I love this. We see some personal growth with Joey. We we see some drums come and go. We see where Jesse is getting. Did I say personal growth with Joey?
Speaker 3: You did? You did? But that's okay. I script their names all the time, so I was willing to let a five.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We see some personal growth with Jesse and also like where his stuff is coming from. But you know it's and it's the last time we ever see Cheryl. She is never to be seen or heard from again.
Speaker 3: No, I think she's in one?
Speaker 2: Is she one more?
Speaker 3: And more?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's coming up because I don't watch.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was okay.
Speaker 3: She's in a total of fo the she's in a total of three.
Speaker 2: Okay, then there is there is one more somewhere.
Speaker 3: So there's more somewhere, one more somewhere, don't know where.
Speaker 2: Apparently she made it through through the fog.
Speaker 3: She survived Carl's.
Speaker 2: She just sat out in the backyard all night. Oh you know, just like I can't go anywhere. I'm just gonna sit back here.
Speaker 3: The backyard shape shifts into whatever you need.
Speaker 2: She slept in her car in the backyard because obviously she pulled it into the backyard because that's where they came from.
Speaker 3: That's the parking lot for all random cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a huge parking structure underneath the Tanner house and that's how they make all their money to afford being able to live in that house. And they just charge you can charge a lot for parking in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, parking is tight. Yeah, you make a killing on that.
Speaker 2: Well, another great episode. So much fun reviewing this. I'm so glad you're here this week and I just love doing this show with you. It's so much fun. And thank you to all of our amazing fan of ritos that are listening to the show. If you want to follow us on Instagram, make sure you follow how rude. Oh my god, it hi, hold on again.
Speaker 3: It's the outro. It's you know what it is.
Speaker 2: I start talking and then my brain goes somewhere else and then I'm like, oh no, I'm still talking.
Speaker 3: We just need thirty more seconds.
Speaker 2: Jody justidends like nope, that's all you get. Yeah. Uh, So make sure that you are following us on Instagram at how Rude podcast. You can also email us at how rudpodcast at gmail dot com. Make sure that you are liking and subscribing to the podcast on whatever platform you're listening to it so that you can make sure and get all the newest episodes as soon as they come out. Uh, and make sure and like and give reviews so that more fun fana reritos can come join our delightful little podcast. But thank you everyone for another fun week of how Rude Tanerto's. And remember the house is no you. You have the bracelet, and you still it was up. So I started reading it upside down. I started reading up on the world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You even have a cheat sheet and you still miss You started it upside down.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jody, Jody, we need to put arrows on the bracelet pointing up this way up.
Speaker 2: It's the little letters spin, you know. Anyway, we got it, We got it.
Speaker 1: It's fine, everything's great, everything is fine, Everything's just fine, all right.
Speaker 2: Everybody love you, ye,