Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about.
Speaker 3: Them high school Queens.
Speaker 1: We'll take you for a ride.
Speaker 2: And our comic girl sharing for the right teams Drama, Queens Girl Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drahn The Queens Drama Queens Friends.
Speaker 1: We are so excited. Season eight has almost come to a close, and we have everybody's favorite teacher, Miss Lauren. Alison Munn is here on the podcast today.
Speaker 3: Hi. Hi you guys. Hi your faces? Oh my gosh, I'm good. How are you so good?
Speaker 1: It's great to see you, guys.
Speaker 3: It's so good to see you. I have been like ridiculously excited to see you guys.
Speaker 2: Hey you look amazing, Alison, incredible, Thank you?
Speaker 1: So do you guys?
Speaker 3: You can't even take it because I actually just got tierry. Okay, Oh so happy. Hey, I need to see you. Hi.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell us, tell us what we're doing here? What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Okay, we are deal. This episode. This episode is season eight, episode twenty one, Flightless Bird American Mouse Air date May tenth twenty eleven. Wow synopsis is Nathan, Jamie, Clay, Julian, Chase, and Chuck have a camp out on the river Court. Meanwhile, Brooke, Quinn, Alex and Lauren take a trip to Porto Rico.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I remember when we were when we were casting you because I was directing that episode.
Speaker 3: I know it was. You're also the first time I'd ever been directed by a femail.
Speaker 2: Can you re that?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, And I remember being like so nervous to come to do the show, but then seeing that you were the director and be like, oh, I got this because Joy and I knew each other. Yeah, so if I don't know if you knew that like Joy and I had, we had worked together before. We've done a musical version of The Outsiders.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: I was like, was it soap?
Speaker 1: I couldn't remember what the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Alison was Cherry Valance, she was the lead, and I was Soda Pop's girlfriend Sandy. Yeah, and it was fun.
Speaker 3: We had a cute little boy in the chorus, mister Adam Lambert. Yeah, he was your little chorus cat seeing these high notes.
Speaker 2: Yep, just like a little redheaded, freckled redheaded sweetheart.
Speaker 3: He must have done what like eighteen twenty something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was young. He was so young.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joy, I have to tell you I loved your book.
Speaker 1: He did so much. I didn't know you read it, Thank you, Alice.
Speaker 3: I read it and then I was like, I don't know. It was like a third of the way in and I was like, I need to listen to this. So I started with the book, and then I wanted to hear your voice. So then I downloaded the audio and like finished it on audio. And the coolest thing is that, Joy, I feel like I've There's so much I didn't know about you, but I've known you through every phase of this book. I felt like for most phases of this book, like I, yes, I remember you actually kicking around in New York, like we would be in audition light together. And I mostly remember her because you were so beautiful, but your I was obsessed with your hair. I couldn't understand. It was always like the most perfect but didn't look like you spent time on it, because you probably didn't. It just like looked perfect. And I would just like sit in the audition room and just be like what is how And ask you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when we worked together in when we in The Outsiders, I was like, oh my god, that's the girl with the hair, that's her, and I think I did ask you. I was like, Joy helped me out, like why can't I do with my hair? And You're like, I don't know, this is just what it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do I make mine like yours? I can't contain this craziness?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I was really excited to see that you were directing and to get to come on. So that was what was the title of that? That was season seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the one where Jamie comes he brings you over to meet Paul and we shot in that house that felt like a lighthouse, but it wasn't. It was on the beach. I don't remember what episode that was, but yeah, it was the whole thing about Jamie's got a crush on his teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like stop talking and miss yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: You know. I thought they were originally setting me up with Paul, like just the way that the scene was written, I was confused. Yeah, and then I was told from the direct the producers later on that I think maybe that's what the network had thought. So when they and maybe that was the way it was going. I'm not sure, but when they pitched me for this, the network was they said, we just don't see Alison and Paul together. Yeah, and they were like, oh, that's not what we're going to do. You know, who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows they?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there's always things going on behind the scenes, and I would imagine they probably were like, we really want her, and they had a whole idea for a storyline that you know, like the writers talking to the network suits, they don't tend to understand like a lot of create creative choices. So I would imagine they were there was some politics involved in just trying to like, oh, sure you want the new teacher to get together with Paul. We're going to cast somebody that's right for the storyline we actually want to write so.
Speaker 1: Much longer lasting, totally.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad, like please, it just it benefited me for sure.
Speaker 1: Well when did you because when you first came in, obviously you come in as his teacher. As you're saying, there's this, will they or well they almost misdirect for miss Lauren and Dan Scott, So what did they tell you how long did you think you were coming to play? Did you have an idea where it was going to go it?
Speaker 3: The audition was for a guest star, and it wasn't one of the ones that qualifies with possible recur It was just guest star. So I thought that it was a one and done.
Speaker 1: And that was it.
Speaker 2: Wow, guys, do you audition like you were? You know, that's amazing. Thank you for doing that, because I feel like there's a lot of working actors who would be like, I'm not going to go do a guest star. I've got other things going on.
Speaker 3: We had just it was the strike. It was the writer's strike, so we had I had just I had been on a show that was canceled on ABC because of the strikes, and so then there was just this time time we were there was you know, so I was excited to go in and and I had known I knew all of the producers because they had been the production team on What I Like About You, so Tom Robbins, What I Like About You, So I kind of knew them all, so I knew it would be a friendly room. And Breton Debbie, you are so amazing, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's really so interesting, isn't it. It's crazy to think about what the writer's strikes were like for all of us then, and then when you think about what the last two years have been like with the SAG strike and the w GA strike and how the business has not recovered.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, coming at the end of COVID, I feel like it was like a double rammy. I remember during the strikes back then, the writer strike back then, that one felt like stolen time. It felt so Yeah. Of course this is coming from an actor who had just gotten off of a show. I had just gotten married. I had no responsibilities in the world. We were bowling during the day. We'd go see movies that I started doing. I started doing roller Derby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's right. Yeah, wait, what was your roller Derby name?
Speaker 3: Kis magrits Kiss.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 2: It's all being so impressed with you when you told us you were in roller Derby. Gosh, and you did some in Wilmington too. Didn't you get involved with like a league which.
Speaker 3: I went to some, but I didn't get involved. At one point Carol had to ask me the our wardrobe had to say, you look, we are a teen soap I'm having to dress you like with long sleeves and long pants every episode because to cover your bruises.
Speaker 1: So at some.
Speaker 3: Point you have to stop like being so roller derby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: It was really only a stock gap because it was so bored during the strikes. So, you know, once I was working, I.
Speaker 2: Guess you're so cool, you are so good I was.
Speaker 3: I was. I don't know what happened. Kids.
Speaker 2: Did you ever do ice skating or anything too? Like are you used to? That's not just not a thing people pick up like, well, you know what, let me try roller derby.
Speaker 3: We we were so bored during the strike that Scott and I worked, going on dates where he would plan one and I would plan one, and so I was like, let's go look at this roller derby thing. This looks like so much fun. And there was an ad in the program that was like, if you want to learn to skate. I was like, I want to learn to skate? Sure, and so I went.
Speaker 1: So that's how it happened.
Speaker 3: That's how bored I was.
Speaker 2: They taught you how to do it. I still can't go backwards on roller skates. It's a whole I feel shame around it. Don't talk about it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's also hard, Like that's I mean, you're you have to do like a sweeping thing with one Let's.
Speaker 1: I don't. I have no, absolutely not. I don't think I'm coordinated enough. I mean no more for me.
Speaker 3: That is that's a that shit has sale.
Speaker 1: Could you don't you take your kids? You don't go?
Speaker 3: No, I really want to take my kids to see it. I'm not gonna know. That is because you know you're on a banked track and it goes so fast. It's it's yeah, do you just.
Speaker 2: Go to the regular roller RINKO?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do like to go to the like moonlight rollerway, that's room light.
Speaker 1: That's one of those things like when Joy and I talk about are really intense ADHD Like being the person who goes to the roller rink on the weekend is one of those things I still think I'm going to do and I still don't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only reason I do is because our kids school has fund raisers there, so I ended up there for that. And when I'm back on I'm like, man, this could just be my new hobby. I could do this all the time and I don't go. It's it's so fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe we can go.
Speaker 3: So when you're here with your movie, so you have to fly in and we're going to go to.
Speaker 2: The roller ring, let's go. I mean, let's go to the roller ring.
Speaker 1: So ready, give me like a flared bell bottom jean. Let me listen.
Speaker 3: Can you go backwards, Sophia?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not no no no no no no no no. I don't know if I can go forwards.
Speaker 3: I'll push you, push on.
Speaker 1: I'm going to hold the belt loops of your jeans and just trick.
Speaker 3: Great idea.
Speaker 2: Are you on blades or are you on like roller blades or are you on the regular old fashion? Yeah, you're on good old fashion, got good new pair roller skates.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like that. Yeah we look so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, Well, I wish we had been able to write you in roller Derby in the show.
Speaker 1: That would have been I mean, so, I don't know why we did.
Speaker 2: We never do a roller Derby episode of our show ever I've done.
Speaker 3: I've done other shows where they've written it in and it was really fun. Showed you do it was on a show called Nikki, Ricky, Dicky and Don. I played the mom on it, who like Rulled the whole one whole episode was just me doing Ruler Derby.
Speaker 1: It was really fun. That is amazing. I mean, you just you have such an amazing sense for comedy and physical comedy. Oh thanks, I can't imagine. Well, now I'm going to have to look up that episode obviously. I'm like, I can't imagine how funny that was. And I'm like, oh man, I'm going to watch it. What did you feel like when you got the script for this episode and read your whole storyline.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to explain it to you, because I already felt so fish out of water on your show. You know, I come from not because of you, guys. This is all just in my crazy brain. So I had come from like doing so many sitcoms I was, and mostly multi camera, so in front of an audience, and so it was already like, oh, I need to relearn this sort of new way to tell a story. And I promise you, and especially in this episode. This is not me fishing for any sort of compliment, but the only way that I can describe it in today's terms is that I felt like Kristin Wig and I'm Judy like I felt like it was all of these incredibly beitiful actresses and then I I'm Judy, like I'm there just trying to win, and well that's just where my head was, and so then so at So that's number one. Number two. I am like a committed never nude from like you know, like arrested development, Like I you will not see me walking around in a bikini. Ever. I'm not apprude by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 2: Just got your cut off jeene shorts that you sleep.
Speaker 1: In in the shower. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm not at all comfortable like in a bathing suit situation. I just I've never have been since I was a teenager. It's just so I'm reading the script and I'm like, oh no, oh, yeah, I'm Judy. I'm in a suit with these you know, there was a certified model in this episode. And then I keep reading and then I'm lecked out of my hotel room in my bron underwear. I just I kind of went into full spiral mode. I was so excited, Like, first of all, I couldn't believe that I was able to go to Puerto Rico, like so cool, Joy, I'm so sad you were.
Speaker 2: I'd never even seen the episode, so I didn't know what happened to you When you got locked out of your hotel room. I genuinely gasped. I mean, I was loving that storyline.
Speaker 1: That was so fun. That's the thing. Your storyline was my favorite part of the whole episode. Yes, like, it was so fun. And I remember I remember that scene where we were all having breakfast the next day, you, me and Janna at the table and just going, oh my god, it was It was just the most fun to do that whole thing with you. But to Joy's point, getting to watch all of your scenes that you know we weren't in, I mean the room service tray and the hot top over your butt, I was shrieking.
Speaker 2: And then you get in the elevator with the model and the two of you standing next to each other like a giraffe.
Speaker 3: Some sort of little ferret. I don't want to know, but like your baby.
Speaker 1: Gazelle and a giraffe.
Speaker 3: It was so funny.
Speaker 1: Well, I also just need you to know, because look, it's vulnerable to talk about how these sorts of things make you feel behind the scenes, no matter how hilarious you are on camera, I ironically, because you know, I played Brooke Davis. I never wanted to be in a bathing suit either. And I remember when we got to the the moment where we were all laying on the chairs, like, I remember how stressed I felt that they were going to pull across all of you guys and then land on me in the foreground. I was like, why do I have to be in the foreground. I don't want to be in the foreground. Put me in the background, block block me with Chantelle's six foot long supermodel body, like anything but this. And it's so weird because also now I realize I'm doing the thing my mom always said I would do, which is be nicer to yourself, because in ten years you're going to look back. And I look at us and I'm like, everyone is so hot? What's going on? We all looked amazing, and I remember feeling like just a garbage person. And I need you to know that. As I'm like writing my notes for the episode in all cabs, I have holy abs, Allison, Oh yeah, incredible, incredible, And I just but we all do it to ourselves. I mean I'll do it to ourselves.
Speaker 2: I did it on a daily basis, and I look back now and I'm like, why did I spend so much time back then worrying about my arms or like my my waist or what like all.
Speaker 1: The little things that you're just I'm stressed so much about could I not have.
Speaker 2: Just expended that energy in better ways being happy?
Speaker 3: I agree, I'm so mad at myself and my but no, I mean it's how we're like socialized. It's not our yeah, that we feel this way. And it really does stink because I was I was actually scared to look back at it, and as I was watching, I was like, oh, we were also like it's great, it's perfect, Beau.
Speaker 1: So I do have that.
Speaker 3: So you know, I had my one. I felt like a little you know, like Judy number two. I have the never nude number three. Number three. I had just found out I was pregnant, oh like like a week prior. So what Sophia I was do? I was living your story? Oh my god when we were there, so you were tossing drinks over your shoulder, I was passing them to Scott. Scott got hammered my husband.
Speaker 1: Scott, Yes, yes, okay for the viewers, just let's let's really hit that nail on the head. Quinn's ex husband, David was played by your actual husband Scott on our show. Yes, Yes, and so one of the things that was so fun is he came with us to Puerto Rico. But now in my brain, I'm like, oh my god. When we were sitting having like Margarita's by the pool, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, and when we actually had sushi and like all of that, I was just passing things to him. I was so nervous when I had to fall off the bed, which I just.
Speaker 2: My favorite two legs are just it's brilliant. You're comed It's like comedy Barbie. It was so so good.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 1: It was like you cartwheeled off that bed. I did. I did.
Speaker 3: There was a crash pad on the other side of the bed, but I ended up bruising my butt because I just kept landing so hard because I just trying to be funnier and funnier. I was like, I don't know, maybe I'll flip a little harder this time. Yeah, And I remember thinking like, oh my gosh, did I like hurt the baby. I didn't know. You're so superstitious scared of everything at like the you know, who's my first kid, So I was really nervous and scared on top of whoa the other things.
Speaker 2: But this adds a whole other layer because to be to be doing physical comedy when you're pregnant for the first time and that kind of fear and still be so committed to the work and pull it off in a way that was I mean, no one ever would have known. But that's a lot of stress, that is really.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 3: I think I just dissociated and it was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm here, let's do it. I guess it'll be fine. Yeah, And it was whoa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so funny, but it was crazy that that was your whole storyline.
Speaker 1: In the Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was fun too. I didn't know when they were going to do start with that storyline of Brook being pregnant, so that was really exciting to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved it, and I loved the way it was really sweet, you know, after all the tumult of when they first brought Alex's character in to kind of be the foil for Brooke and Julian and maybe screw up the relationship. I love that Alex is the one that got to help and I said in the episode prior where we do the whole reveal, and she's like, well, you know, I needed to take a drug test for Chase, and then I wanted to help, and then so I had to have Julian do it, but he wasn't home, so then Brooke did it. It's you know, this whole thing I had said when we had Jana on, I was like, I wish we'd seen Brooke and Alex have this moment because it's so cool that they have this friendship now. Yeah, and so I honestly forgot that this was our secret through the whole Puerto Rico episode. I look, we have our moment, you have it, and it was so sweet, and I mean, she just has she has such great comedy, you know, walking in going to say the thing, and I look at her and she's like, I forgot what I was going to say anything about it, and then it actually winds up that you you run away with the comedy train. And I just thought it was a really fun storyline for all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it. I loved it, and I have that same memory so of like that shooting the morning after scene, you the all of us, Yeah, we were like in front of the ocean. It was just the most idyllic, beautiful, fun scene. It just felt like it felt like we were actually at lunch or something.
Speaker 2: Like we love a location, man, This location shoots are so fun. Did we find out in the episode who she sent those texts? Those selfies in her underwear to Chuck school?
Speaker 1: Nick? Oh, who's next to the skills in your French?
Speaker 3: I had forgotten me, and so that was a reveal. When I was watching it, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, I don't know why I missed that. Okay, crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Chase brings Chuck the bike, he goes, this is even cooler than those pictures miss Lauren sent me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's why I missed. It was a comment, But that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good thing his mom doesn't seem to be on top of things, because I could have been fired for that for a.
Speaker 2: Hundred person Yeah, maybe criminal charges possibly possibly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would definitely be on the news.
Speaker 1: Yea. And the hrony is as the viewers of the show, it's so funny to us because we know miss Lauren's a good person, But could you imagine in reverse being like I meant to send them to skills and I accidentally went to the wrong sk name, like I'd be on the news. Yeah, on the news, on the news. Okay.
Speaker 2: This other storyline with the boys out by the river court, I loved. This was so fun to see them all together. I love Rob's annoyance with the lazy Bird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, delivery so funny, so good.
Speaker 2: I love that they're just letting him, letting him be, letting him be himself on camera and not forcing all of these super super dramatic storylines on him, which he handled so well. But we've been saying it recently that it's so nice to watch him be able to just do some comedy and be comfortable in his skin and he's so funny. Yeah, it's fun to watch Clay in this space, like.
Speaker 1: You, lazy bird lay your eggs in a nest. I also love how committed to the bit he is, and that's really true for both of you. I mean, you went so hard in the paint in this episode for us. And then it's a really interesting counterpoint to all of your comedy that the minute his like gorgeous girlfriend leaves, he puts on this ridiculous figure skater shirt and he loves this disgusting old red recliner.
Speaker 2: And she's just like, leave me be.
Speaker 1: I want to have a cold beer and just read and sit in my chair with my feet up. And Rob really committed to the bit, and he underplayed some of it in a way that does feel very Arrested Development. Yes, and it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really wish he would have been able to be on that show. I was just watching and rewatching it recently. It's so good, Like, yeah, I could totally see Rob on this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny. We got asked in a Q and A about Gray's Anatomy and someone was like, what doctor would you cast Rob as? And I'm like, no, I want to put That's it. I want to put Rob on Arrested Developments.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, or just think of whatever role you would cast Jason Bateman as on Grey's Anatomy and then put Rob in that role. Yes, yes, Speaking of the figure skating shirt, why are we making fun of Brian Boitano so much in this episode? It was I don't really confusing. Was he like in the news at that time? Was I don't know what, but it wasn't even like it was nice and just kind of funny. It was like me, I don't know, it's mean, and I didn't like it. I thought it was really weird.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it either, and I didn't understand why why we went so far with it? Like why was why was Rob so obsessed with this shirt? Because Clay doesn't dress in much color, He's not like a guy with flair. And then there's a guy in Puerto Rico in the same shirt and we make the same joke and Quinn's aware of it, but why because he's never worn it before.
Speaker 2: It feels like one of those jokes that are show runner like he had some beef with Brian Boitano for some reason and was like intentionally writing it into the show because it just didn't make sense anywhere. There was no reason for it whatsoever, Right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean one of those things that you're like, this is funny to no one, but you do you want to write a better joke? Or no, you just want to you just want to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's that's fine, your little puppet show whatever.
Speaker 1: That was so strange.
Speaker 2: But I also have in my notes here, Allison, when was the last time you got that plastered? Like like never, Lauren I actually did, wait, never in your whole life, come on.
Speaker 3: My whole life, really, I mean, I've never found myself basically naked out lockdown.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 3: I was also surprised Lauren. We never saw the sight of Lauren before. Yeah, it's it was really fun.
Speaker 2: To like that's what made it so funny, right, yes, right.
Speaker 3: I was happy to see her sort of jumping out of her like little box and having a blast.
Speaker 1: I also loved that you referenced it that they wrote in the bit for you to be like I'm a teacher, because it's in a way, it's like, you know, you've literally gone to an island with your friends. You get to let loose, and maybe the reason you go so hard is because you never do this at home.
Speaker 3: Probably it was.
Speaker 1: Really really fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was so excited.
Speaker 1: To do it, And I mean it's so long ago. Maybe you don't remember, but I'm just wondering, knowing what a great comedian you are, what you added, Like, were there things you really riffed on in terms of the physicality and stuff? Do you remember? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. It was so long ago. I do remember having because you know when you're when you're so out of the box, like you know, I remember like having to add like I can't remember if I touched or if that was written in the screen.
Speaker 1: So good. I think the.
Speaker 3: Line was written, but I'm not sure if it was, you know, And then I can't. I can't quite remember. But that feels like something that we would have discussed on the day. Maybe that wasn't written in the script.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: She was so game, she was so she did a great job.
Speaker 1: I thought Jelly was great.
Speaker 3: Jelly, Yeah, she was so good in the episode.
Speaker 1: Just beautiful, sweetest, but also something I didn't track until we watched it because obviously there's the whole joke that Clay's upset that his beautiful girlfriend and all these beautiful women are like off on this trip. But the next morning stuff when Quinn says to you know, the model, like, oh, do you want to come drive around town with me? I was like, do they actually kiss? Like there is a chemistry like a lot, And I didn't remember that, And I was like, is something like is the miss Lauren thing touching her? Misdirect? Like is something gonna happen with these twodes going on?
Speaker 3: They had insane chemistry. I had the same thought. I was like, kiss, kiss, because I have to say, those scenes when they went out into and they and they took the you know, the the on the fly photographs. It was shot so beautifully. The light was so pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Golden Hour, Oh yes, she was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It really added a nice element to the episode.
Speaker 1: Yes that it was very cool. I felt like I could feel Pete Kowalski all over that, Like I could picture him going, oh my god, and look at that the sun is setting. Turn just turn, get it because so much of it was handheld, and I could just picture him and Matt like doing the thing and it it gave this kind of energy to it. And I will say I thought it was really nice that back in twenty eleven we touched on the fact that it is weird, you know, to be a tourist and sometimes you are in this really idyllic place and right outside it's not shared, like not all these resort towns are actually supported very well by these places that get built. And I was like, damn, look at us talking about a social issue in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Okay, Quinn had that beautiful line I which I could remember it was about privilege. Yes, and I had that same thought. I was like, Oh, this is ahead of our time for this show. This is yeah, really lovely.
Speaker 2: I appreciate wake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was cool to you know, to hear some things being acknowledged. And maybe it particularly hit me because you know, there were certain powers that be that would be like stop talking about charity so much, like can you tone it down, like you know, in my actual life. And I was like, oh, maybe being a little bit of a pain in the asses more effective at the time than I realized.
Speaker 3: Right, it might have worked in a little bit, look.
Speaker 1: At us talking about some stuff.
Speaker 2: I also really thought it was great for Quinn's character. The reminder to the audience that she has a job and she's really good at it. Yes, because she's been living in this zone of just being like hot girlfriend sister space, but like her actual brain being highlighted was something I really felt like we needed this, particularly in an episode that was clearly so much about featuring everybody's bodies.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I do think it's cool like that it brings us back to a connection, particularly for Brooke and for Quinn, like that was kind of her introduction when the character first came in, you know, she shot the first ad campaign with Alex Duprey for Close Over Bros. And so it's nice to your point, joy when we get reminded, I mean, even the whole she's going to shoot in South Africa thing was like what and then obviously a little bit of a ruse for the Katie storyline, but it is nice when we get reminded that the women on our show are really talented artists too. Yeah, you know, and I loved the moment at the end where she got to see the shot on the cover and that it was a thing that our characters got to collaborate on and it wasn't like the bed in the ocean shot that it was this real sort of moment in time captured. I was like, oh, that's a nice that's a nice little ball on that for Yeah, because she did what her job was, she did what she was supposed.
Speaker 2: To do, She got the shot that they asked for, and then he was like, you know what, let me this is more I know how to actually do this better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved watching her grow into that. So she like had the bed with the guy, then she switches it out with a woman, and it's cool and edgier and then she then you see her going out into the city, and then that's what And that's where you can see like she's truly like lit up by that. You can see like her artistic juices are flowing and she's super excited. And that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a really nice way to communicate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm ready for Clay to step up a little bit. Come on, buddy, I know it is pretty funny that she's out working her bed off and having all these creative ideas and amazing things. In Clay's just like in his lounge chair and his barking lounger on the beach, just complaining about bird eggs.
Speaker 1: He's so pissed that he got hijacked on this camping trip, just wanted to sit in his house. I love when we get to see the boys be great friends. Yes, it's just so sweet, especially back on the river court. Yeah, and I think about too, you know, the whole storyline of Brooke and Julian and the adoption that didn't work and all the things. I loved that scene a few episodes ago where all the boys are at the bar and Julian confides in them when they thought the adoption was going to work. And then it's this sweet moment where you know, Nathan's talking about how much they'll all miss them, and Jamie's going to miss them, and then Julian gets to share this thing with him, and I was like, oh, look at the boys talking about their families and their feelings. It's refreshing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: I love that moment when everyone was texting each other too, too.
Speaker 1: It was so sweet.
Speaker 3: It did made me terr up a little. It was really really sweet.
Speaker 2: That was an interesting comment on cell phone culture that had become a big deal at the time when they just did them the montage of everybody on their cell phone, which is so funny that it was intentionally a comment at a little tongue in cheek lay, Hey, we're all here now, everybody is doing this, Yeah, but things haven't changed much.
Speaker 1: Was that I watched that.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, we really crossed the threshold here, Like this is a very clear moment in time of when culture has shifted from everybody reading books and sitting around talking to each other to now everyone is on their cell phone. It happened in twenty and ten, twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, it's so surreal but also so sweet that you know, it goes between all the women and everyone's in their own room and then you see the boys and the pan around how they're all just sitting there talking to their you know, to their people, people, their loves. It's like it was very sweet to me. It made me feel like a real sense of nostalgia because in a way, you see that all these characters you've been rooting for for so long feel settled. And you know, we didn't know we were going to come back for a season nine at this point, so the end of season eight really begins to feel like it could be a series finale. And there was something about the image of all of our people, like having the right people that I thought was really touching settled in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except well, miss Lauren doesn't. Actually this is weird. In our notes here it says that she ends up married to David Fletcher in the show. Who is David Fletcher Scott?
Speaker 3: Oh right, I know, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not know that happened.
Speaker 3: It was a reveal. It was like a really quick reveal.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, when they sort of did the where everyone is. Yeah, and that was like a sweet little inside joke for you guys.
Speaker 2: Which is so all we ever heard about this guy was that he was a jerk and just like wanted to stay in one place and didn't want to grow as a person. So hopefully they developed his character a little bit. So we feel like miss Laura and ended up with somebody that's as a character we wanted her to be with.
Speaker 3: Now that they have a kid, maybe that's like the right personality for yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh by the way, maybe maybe an elementary school teacher is his dream girl. He's like, maybe you want to have a normal job. You don't want to pick up and travel and like go do photo.
Speaker 2: Shot and I don't know. Yeah, no, he's had plenty of time to learn and grow. I just hope that we, you know, let the audience know that he did. And so we don't feel like, oh no, well we'll see. I mean, it's not happening yet, it's in the next season, I think.
Speaker 3: So I loved so much. I loved the stuff with Chuck. I felt he was so sad. He looked so cute up in the driving, the driving, the big whatever, that machine is called tractor and then yes, and then he and Chase had the really the sweet, sweet little scene where you know, Chuck got to be really vulnerable. I don't know, I just that really touched me when I.
Speaker 1: Was rewatching it.
Speaker 2: This is something I missed too. Chase enlisting in the service. When did that happen?
Speaker 1: So that's what he decides to do because you know he's been getting his pilot's license. Yeah, that's the whole reason he had to take a drug test a few episodes ago when we find out Brooke is pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, we found out Brook's pregnant. If you did I miss I wasn't how I was traveling, So I think I missed nineteen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. So the whole thing is Chase needs to take a drug test, but he was backstage at Kid Cuddy and they like told him to take a hit of a joint, so he can't, and then he asks Alex to do it for him, but Alex ate Quinn's Pot Brownie's, not knowing they were pot Brownie. So Alex goes to Brook and Julian's to ask Julian to pee in the cup and Julian's not home, so Brooke does. So, Chase gets the results of his drug test and they said, hey, we obviously screwed up the samples because your drug test says you're pregnant. He thinks Alex is pregnant. He says, I was going to end. I was enlisting, but I'm not going to if we're going to have a baby.
Speaker 2: Wait, why does he think Alex is pregnant if he knows that she didn't be in the cup.
Speaker 1: Because she didn't tell him, she didn't pay Oh, she's the one that took the cup to Yes, she was like, well, I want to help, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I got to watch this episode. These are fund shenanigans.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a very it's a very cute, roundabout storyline, but it did feel a little surprising. It was like, what do you mean he's wait, he's going from like wanting to fly a four seater plane on the weekends to being in the Air Force. Like hold up, But that was the whole thing. And so, yeah, that's how Brooke finds out she's pregnant. I did not realize that. Yeah, so that's why Alex knows in this episode she's the only one that knows, which is why it's very sweet by the end, when you know I'm ravenously eating someone's leftover food.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Sophia, that was so funny, funny, Oh my gosh, it was so great. I really wondered what you were looking at when they did that shot and you turned and you looked, and oh my gosh, and you walked towards something. And when you pulled the lid off an old burger and fries, I died. I was laughing so hard the way you real shame.
Speaker 3: You just went for it, like you just were like, no, no, no, this is what my body needs in this moment, and I'm going to give it to it right now.
Speaker 1: Fully, fully, Yeah, it was perfect.
Speaker 3: You just went for it.
Speaker 1: I tried to, like unhinge my jaw like a snake to get as many French fries in there for the for the laugh as I could.
Speaker 3: It was so funny.
Speaker 2: It was worth it, totally worth it. I mean, did you how many takes did you do? Please tell me they gave you a spiitbucket.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I remember the turnaround and realizing I was caught, and I thought they did such a good job. The camera motion and the way that they, you know, moved from me to Sean Tello adds to the funny. And then her being like I see you, like yeah, even owing drinks over your shoulder all night, like come on, lady, it's so sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, Actually this makes me wonder would you guys do this if you had a girlfriend that you were suspecting was pregnant. Would you approach her and say the thing that Quinn said or would you leave it alone and let her tell you on her own time?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that depends on how close you are to the person, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but even so, even if it's like even if you're really really close, do you.
Speaker 1: There was a little part of me that was like, oh, like she's robbing her of the.
Speaker 2: Experience of telling everybody on her own time, Like I don't like get.
Speaker 3: There's something about your face, Sophia. Every time you confirmed or you talked about it, especially at the end with the two of you, it was so you seemed so I mean, obviously you're genuinely you're so happy in this moment, but it was it was so deep because you have struggled and you could just see it all in your face. Yes, when you are telling each person that you are pregnant, and it's not just like, oh, i'm you could see everything you've been through up until this point in those little moments, and it was so beautiful. I loved those tho.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were thank you.
Speaker 1: It felt it felt so important to me, you know, for Brooke and for you know, everybody that goes through this stuff. And it's crazy to think of how much more I know and every woman in my life knows now than I did then. And even then it felt like a it felt like something. It's not just that it felt like a responsibility. It it felt it just felt important and it was fun to have the joy.
Speaker 2: I think it was important. Everybody's been walking through this with Brooke for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Joy your face, like you, you took it with importance as well. So when she had the very end when she told you and you and you your reactions to that. There's such a deep history in those moments and in that it just gave me chills.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved that.
Speaker 3: It might be my favorite moment of the whole episode. Oh, I love that loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, it was all very very It's great to see you guys together, my goodness, and you know, it was really nice even looking back at it, getting to see the totality of the episode sort of full circle moment to where we started, right, I remember, you know, I remember the stress of certain things and the pressure we all felt, and that, you know, the fact that we were going to spend a whole episode essentially in swimwear felt stressful. And the episode is so lovely. There was so much more about it that was so sweet and tender and important and and yeah, that felt so good for all these characters. Then the anxiety of this sort of setting, let me remember, And it was really nice to watch it and for an hour be like oh, over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of oz in this episode.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 3: Oh, I wanted to say, Millie. Lisa was so cute and her little her little dog costume.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, oh great.
Speaker 3: Here's something about Lisa that is so She's so honest, and she's so her her choices are never I just feel like they're always so grounded.
Speaker 1: And she's sitting here in.
Speaker 3: This ridiculous costume and being the sweetest, most grounded and what she's saying and all these like poop puns.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's still so Milly.
Speaker 3: It's so Lisa. She was, she was. She handled that so.
Speaker 1: Well, you know as a comedian.
Speaker 2: The only way that works is if she plays it really honestly, because there are so many people that would get put in a costume and then be like, I'm in a costume and I'm going to really play it up and yeah, no, she knows how to just She's like, I don't care that I'm wearing a costume.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be completely real. Yeah, that's what makes it work. Yes, it's really funny. Yeah, the commitment and and Lisa and all of her dance training, you know, her ballerina posture in the dog costume adds this hilarious because she's very regal, you know, she looks like she was three D printed out of a Disney movie. Yes, you know, and then for her to you know, shoulders back, elegant, you know, head up in the costumes so much. Yes, it's so funny, so brilliant. It adds so many layers to who Milly is too, and watching the partnership between Mouth and Milly grow, watching them become this duo, you know, her the unlikely reporter and him serving as her partner in life but also essentially her producer. The way they're growing together and the way that they have this rhythm now when they're going over stories and working on ideas. It's so lovely and I love that her work begins to serve as That narration for the show reminds you of why this place is so meaningful to people. The fact that they wind up once the guys have found the eggs at the river Court and they're talking about what this place means to people, and when she turns it over to him, and then you get pilot episode Marvin McFadden talking about the river Court yeast it burst into deers and it's happening again. I just was like, God, this is so special and Lee is so genuine, so good and so human, and oh, I just it really made me nostalgic for what we all got to do together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. It also made me really sad because they have destroyed the River Court and I was like, could nobody find in a dangered bird on that river court in real life? I know, I hate that they knocked it down and they're making condominiums there now.
Speaker 1: Oh it's awful.
Speaker 2: I know, it really is. I'm so mad about it. But life goes on. I guess that's the that's the course.
Speaker 1: Well, that's kind of the thing, right, is like things can't stay the same. Yeah, but it is hard. It's hard to let your things go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it while you have it, so sad.
Speaker 1: Alison.
Speaker 2: Before we do it, listen, question, I just wanted to ask about life now for you and if you're working on anything you're excited about or want to share, or if you're just I mean, I don't You and I haven't talked really in a while. We've exchanged a couple of voice texts, but yeah, like, how are you?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Yeah, I'm great.
Speaker 3: Life is awesome. My kids are incredible. I have a kid in middle school and a kid in elementary school. It's great. It's so slow here and I've done some like guest stars here and there, but like there are there aren't even auditions happening, Like it's wild. It's a ghost town here, So that part's a little frustrating.
Speaker 2: Are you inclined to create your own stuff or are you like, I mean, being a mom is also a full time job, so I know it's really hard to try and find time to do those things too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to do. I have some ideas I have like irons in the fire. But I have to say, nobody inspires me more than you, Joy when you're with your creativity the way you're like, I think I'll write a musical and then the next thing you know, your walls are covered in index cards. You just do it. Oh have you written a musical before? No, but I'll figure it out, and then you write a damn musical Like It's honestly, it blows my mind. And I don't understand that that mechanism that goes from idea to actually doing it, especially when I always feel like, well, first I have to go back to school. I have to get a degree that will somehow support this.
Speaker 1: Next to my god, I'm so much like you, Alison. Yeah, I'm like, I don't know how to do that. Yes, yeah, Enjoy You're like so, and I'm like, wait, what you can just do that?
Speaker 3: It's honestly, it's it's so inspiring. And also just I'm in awe of you with that, because yeah, so I was. I would love to. I have a lot of creative ideas, it's just getting them to the fruition part.
Speaker 2: So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well you can do it. You just need just you know it is.
Speaker 2: It's just the taking the step of like, I don't know what this is, but give me a couple hours to just hyper focus on it and see if anything comes to mind, and usually it will. It'll start so I think it, but it does. There's like there's always that moment of a hurdle of like imagining whatever it is that you're thinking of doing is so enormous. You have to break it down into just like I want to do this, but I'm literally just going to start. I'm going to write one song and see if I like it, and then if the song inspires something else, I'll write another thing. But you have to take creative projects just one small chunk at a time. I think I don't. I don't know anybody else who can look at a behemoth like a like a novel or a book or musical or some massive project or you know, a really big script or something and just go, uh, yeah, I have the whole thing in my brain and I know exactly how to do it. It just doesn't I don't think it works that way. It's just one piece at a time.
Speaker 3: That's really smart. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Just like, there's no way I can you know, Yeah, what do you do for yourself creatively? Then what are the moments that I mean other than also being a mom, Like there's so much creativity in motherhood as well, So maybe that's satisfying.
Speaker 3: Well, that's part of this whole. That's where I felt so stuck lately because I'm not having my creative It is so stuck here in this town right now that there and there. I think it's a problem every I mean, we have all of these creative people that just aren't having these outlets right now. So yeah, it's frustrating. I can I can tell you that much. I'm reading a lot, which is great, maybe good. Some stuff is sticking in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting do you feel because one of the things I get in that way that you're discussing how you feel at the moment when I have to Joy's point a big idea. What to do first?
Speaker 3: Is hard?
Speaker 1: And it's interesting actually that I've never heard you talk about the musical in that way, like, oh, just write the first song, And in my brain I'm thinking, oh, well, that makes sense because musicals are filled with individual songs. And I wonder follow me while I'm like noodling on this real time, so I probably got you're rambling. But it's like I almost wonder if for me or for you Allison, that like we need to start to figure out, like what the songs are, even though it's not a musical, Like how do you take the film or the world of the show, how how do you create smaller pieces, because if you're thinking about developing a series, it's a world and it's so hard to know what to focus on first. But I almost wonder if if we could trick ourselves into thinking about it more like a musical, if it would make it less intimidating.
Speaker 3: That's a really really good point idea. Yeah, and then we could have a list, a list that we can check off, Sophia, because you.
Speaker 1: Don't say you know me and all my little posted notes and I'm still every year, I'm like, maybe this will be the year that one of these ADHD planners actually changes.
Speaker 3: I just bought another one, so I bought one in January and then I just I saw that. Now it's July and they're in the stores. I'm like, oh, this is the new one. So January one didn't work very well. So I just bought a new July starting planner. So we'll see. Oh see, if it's gonna I'll let you guys know, I'll give you updated.
Speaker 2: Great yes, please do all planning the planners.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you what I'm really excited about is Colletti joining Traders?
Speaker 1: I know, wait, what what?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? So Colletti's gonna be in The Traders is in the next season.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, So The Traders is this amazing? Uh it's a reality show. It's like a competition show, kind of like Mafia. It's it's like the game of Mafia.
Speaker 1: Trader like a trader, like a trader. Yeah, yeah, got it? Okay.
Speaker 3: It's hosted by Alan Cumming, who is incredible. He's incredible. They dress him.
Speaker 1: So beautifully and you've never heard of this show, joy.
Speaker 3: You would love it. It's honestly so great. And he as the host, he almost plays the character of a it's not Alan coming acting naturally.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's very camp.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, that's the word. It's great and it's so fun. And so they have different celebrities on there that you then are in this game, this like mafia like game that are getting voted out and they are killing people and we're so deep in it. We've loved all three seasons that they've bared here we've actually switched to UK and Australia. And so when we found out that Colletti was going to be on Scott's like, Scott lost his mind. So he and Coltie are really close, so he was texting with like he won't text me back, and I'm like, I think that they're there.
Speaker 1: They're there, Yeah, they're there.
Speaker 3: They're shooting, so like they took their phones. Yes.
Speaker 1: My one of my best friends, my friend Jordan, his husband Colton, is on this season and this is yes, so I I just can't wait to talk to them both. But they have a young baby and Jordan was like, well, I'm so happy for you and we'll see you in five weeks and my mom's coming and like, oh my gosh, this is so exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey, you're gonna have all the tea You're gonna get it from two separates.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I've never been a fan of reality shows until recently in my life. I think I've started. They've gotten better and you know, like the first season of Love is Blind. I liked it and like the rest, and then like now we've got Love on the spectrum. And then there's that one about I can never remember like Secret Millionaire or Millionaire in the House, or I can never remember the title of it, Who Wants to Be a million It's something about Millionaires in the House. It's an over the reality show on Netflix. It's great. But now this, I got to check this out. I got a call, sorry, my ADHD.
Speaker 1: My brain.
Speaker 2: I got an email about they invited me to be on Special Forces the reality show.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The location was someplace I really wanted to go that I've never been, but the dates overlapped with my time in Africa now, so I couldn't And I was, Oh, it's killing me because I totally totally would do that.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it'll come back around for another iteration.
Speaker 1: I know it's got to.
Speaker 2: I'm ready. I think I'm ready for my reality show era. Now give it dancing with the Stars. Come on, give us something I can need to, like really push myself physically.
Speaker 1: By the way, I had the best time watching Alona mar Do Dancing with the Stars. How fantastic is she? She's so wonderful. I just adore her and it then it also hit me where I like, you know, I've been telling myself every year for my birthday for the last ten years, like this is going to be the year I get in the best shape of my life. I'm going to really start to take care of myself finally, and I just don't. And then I was like, oh, maybe it would have to be my job to do it. That's what I'm thinking, And like, maybe that's how you psych yourself into it. Honestly, I really think about this sometimes. I'm friends with Phil Rosenthal, the guy on Everybody Feeds. Phil his show, you know, phenomenal TV writer loves to Eat, made it his job, turned it into eight it's eight seasons now on Netflix, and I'm like, could my job be to go to eat.
Speaker 3: With my friends?
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be my dream job.
Speaker 3: To figure it out, Okay, you got to find You've got to find the first thing you need to do.
Speaker 1: Let's do it and do it right.
Speaker 3: Let's make a list.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need a tripod, an iPhone, and a restaurant reservation. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's get to our listener question. Yes, Christina's asking, what's the story behind getting picked up for season nine? Why were you ending season eight like that was the end of the series, Hi, Christina, Well.
Speaker 1: We thought it was. Yeah, simple as that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we always thought the show was about to end, but that was the Uh yeah, we just thought we thought that was it, and it was great. I mean, we'll talk about it in our next episode, but even just the ending of Jamie walking across the bridge bouncing the basketball like Lucas, I mean, it was very clearly the series finale. And I don't know they just called us all and said, will you just come back for another thirteen.
Speaker 1: When we got our season seven pickup, it was season seven and eight, so everyone assumed at the end of season eight it would be finished. We never had a two year pickup before. It's a very big deal to cross past six seasons anyway, let alone to make it to six seasons, and so we were ready to wrap it up, and I think the network was very pleased. With how the show was doing, how the episodes were coming out. Our cast was in such a great spot, like everybody's wonderful on the show, and it was doing really well for them, and they wanted more, and nobody saw that coming. But what I can tell you, which I thought was very smart, honestly of all of us, was when they called us back about a season nine. Essentially we all were open to it, but we wanted to be done by pilot season because none of us had had an opportunity. I had to run a job and you know, ten years. So that's why season nine was only thirteen episodes, so we could shoot from July through the fall wrap just ahead of Thanksgiving, have that stretch off for the first time ever, and then we'd all be free agents by January and be able to go into pilot season.
Speaker 2: That's right, there's your answer, Christina.
Speaker 3: With your pickups, did you go into almost every hiatus not knowing if you were coming back or when did they let you know?
Speaker 2: Every year is so frustrating.
Speaker 3: So seven to eight was the only time you could have a hiatus where you felt it was a true hiatus and you were coming.
Speaker 2: Back, so we could we could test for pilots, but we always had to be in such exiation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the pilot I did with I did this really fun show with Mary Stein Virgin and Don Johnson, and I was in second position, and I remember just being like, what is going to happen if both of these shows get picked up? Like what are we going to do?
Speaker 3: I remember it being so crazy to even get seen in second position.
Speaker 1: That's like a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they wouldn't even want to audition you because they didn't want to take the risk. Yeah, so you guys were at a distinct disadvantage for every I mean, luckily you had a job to come back to, but you didn't know you did.
Speaker 2: I never knew, right, So such a strange place to be in. Oh, well it's changed a lot now, who knows. The landscape is so different, just none there just isn't any weird so crazy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so glad you came to join us. It's really nice talking with you. I've missed you, I have.
Speaker 3: Missed you both. I'm so excited to get some FaceTime with you and wish I could just like reach through and give you. Yeah, it's so good to see you.
Speaker 2: You too too, many. I'm in la. I'll give you a bus, please do.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to go roller skating.
Speaker 3: This tie we're going. We're gonna go roller skating. You're gonna hold on, You're gonna hold on to my belt loops.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bye. By the end of August, I'm gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're gonna be so good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us, everybody. Next episode is season eight, episode twenty two. This is my house, This is my home, and uh it's it's.
Speaker 1: An emotional episode. Okay, see you guys soon. Thanks, love you love you love You'll see y.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 3: We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens Forever.
Speaker 1: We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl.
Speaker 2: Cheering for the Right Teams.
Speaker 1: Drama Queens, Raise my Girl, Rough Girl fashion with your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl
Speaker 2: Drama Queens, Drama Quease, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens drama queens,