Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, this is Madeline.
Speaker 2: Hi Madeline, how are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good man? What are you? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm at work right now, but I'm just taking a break, Marilyn.
Speaker 2: Is there anything in particularly called in to talk about?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. So over Christmas break, my boyfriend was like having Christmas with his family, and his aunt kind of joked about like, hey, if you ever get your girlfriend pregnant, like, don't get an abortion, we'll take it because they are I'm looking for another child. They can't have children, so they're looking to adopt, but the adoption agency that they were with just like closed down or something. So she was just joking about it. But then later on she was like, like, we're actually looking for a surrogate too, would Madeline be interested? And he was like, ha ha, that's funny. But then he mentioned it to me and I was like, actually, I could do that. I don't know if it's a created idea because I'm nineteen, but.
Speaker 2: So you're considering being a surrogate mother for your boyfriend's aunt. Yes, interesting, okay, And who approached you with this idea? Was it it was the aunt? It was your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: It was my boyfriend. I wasn't like at the Christmas event with them, it was just the.
Speaker 2: Family, Okay. And is this something that you talked to your boyfriend's aunt about at length?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, you haven't even brought up the idea of it to her. No, okay, And you're considering doing so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just trying to decide whether or not like a good idea because I am only nineteen.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I mean let's start with this. You seem to have an interest in doing it. Where is that interest coming from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I really, well, I really feel for her because she is infertile and she really loves kids, Like she has a daughter who's six right now, and she was adopted and she really wants a younger brother for her daughter, brother or sister. And I really feel for her, and I feel like if I could be that person to help her, like, why not?
Speaker 2: Okay? So you want to do it, you know, simply as a charitable act for this person who you feel for.
Speaker 4: Right, right, okay?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I feel like I'm in the perfect position in life because I just like took a gap semester in college.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you took this gap semester in college. What were you initially planning to do during that time?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I took it because I wanted to focus on my art more. I I made like a commissioned thing for somebody, and I was like, Yo, what if I could do this like more? But I didn't have the time while I was in school, So I took a gap semester.
Speaker 2: Okay. And I mean, do you feel as though you will still be able to accomplish those goals while you are also being a surrogate mother?
Speaker 1: Well, I've had like trouble finding motivation to accomplish those schools in general since I've dropped out of college. But so I don't know, I feel like this will maybe get me on a better track. No, okay, it'll get me off certain things that I probably shouldn't be on in general.
Speaker 3: Like what.
Speaker 1: Like drugs and alcohol nicotine?
Speaker 2: Okay? So you want to use this also as some way to motivate you in getting your your shit together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lifestyle chaine Okay?
Speaker 2: And what kind of research have you done into into motherhood of what it's like being pregnant?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, So I do you know, like the list on TikTok the trend I don't know no what is that, but like there's like a girl with the list and it's like a list of a thousand things that are wrong with pregnancy that could go wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty up todated on that TikTok account and that's that kind of scare me that's gonna lear.
Speaker 2: But Okay, So when you see this list of of of ways that a pregnancy could go bad, does it make you not want to be a surrogate mother? No?
Speaker 1: Because honestly, my mom had five kids in the span of six years, so I feel like if she can do it, I can, right.
Speaker 2: So I mean, listen, Madaly, you know, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I mean, this is a big, big decision to, you know, carry somebody else's baby. I mean, how long have you can? I ask you? I want to know. I want to know this. How much of this is based off of your connection to your boyfriends?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Like would you do this for just a random person?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: That's interesting? Yeah, I mean We've been dating for two years and I've got to know his family pretty well.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Okay, so you feel like your love of his family is an influence, yeah for sure. Okay, how much of an influence.
Speaker 1: Do you think they deserve another kid?
Speaker 2: For sure is probably yeah, a big influence. Okay, So I have a couple of things. Again, you know, at the end of the day, you know, it's your body, it's your life. You can make your own decisions. But the thing is, you know, you've only been dating this guy for two years, and even though you you really like his boyfriend's family, those relationships are you know, they can go in any sort of different way. So you know, to to to take on some bodies surrogate child and really dedicate nine months of your life, you know, to to being private, which is really tough. And and you know I haven't seen this TikTok of this list of a thousand things, but you know you have, and I'm sure that the list shows you other things about it that are tough, and so really we should look you should look it up. Really just if you could, if you could take into consideration, uh, your life as it looks right now, and uh, what would be best for you. I think it's great, okay that you want to do something nice for someone, you know, I think that that that that shows that you have empathy, uh, and that you want to do nice things for the people. I think that that's a good thing to do. But I mean, this is a big thing, right, It's a big thing. And and and I think, I mean.
Speaker 1: How would you say this compares to like that a stranger doing it for somebody?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that there's a lot more that could potentially go wrong with it being one of the members of your boyfriend's family, because you've got no idea what's going to go on with you know, you and your boyfriends.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I would really consider this, Madeline, because you, especially at you know, nineteen, man, you got to do what's right for you. You know. Again, I think it's I think it's nice that you want to help this person who you really feel for. But I think at this moment, you know, you need to make the decision that you know sets you up for success in your life. And I don't know if this is it, but again, it's your decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, I definitely need to think about it more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, what what what has your conversation with your boyfriend been like about this?
Speaker 1: He's definitely more interested in the financial bonus that it would give, because like I am pretty broke, you know, so it would it would help.
Speaker 2: Okay, When when he says he's interested in the financial bonus, does that mean does that mean he expects to reap some of that financial benefits?
Speaker 4: Kinda, he did ask me to pay for like a semester of his school, Okay, but I mean he has to pay for.
Speaker 1: His own schooling, so I kind of get it. You know, it's expensive.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't like to tell people what to do. I'm going to tell you do not give you, do not do not be your boyfriend's aunts. Sorry, get mother to make money to pay for ale to go to school. Please don't do that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I didn't think about it that way.
Speaker 2: When you put it that way, okay, And don't pay for your boyfriend. Don't pay for your boyfriend's school at all. I would like at nine. You know, look, if you're in like a very adult long term relationship and you want to make an informed decision to invest in the life of your partner, then you know, do whatever you feel with your money in your life. But I just think right now is a terrible decision to do you to you know, do that I especially your life is so undeveloped right now that you know all of your time and resources should be spent you know, on yourself.
Speaker 1: For sure. But like I've struggled with, like finding the motivation to start that you know in general.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. And you know what, Listen, I understand that I understand that you have the motivation, and I understand that you're looking at this as a potential catalyst to get you started on on doing what you want to do. But before you make that decision, can you at least consider other ideas? Have you considered? You seem to be having this motivation problem which you know I have, which a lot of people have, is a common problem, and you're you're your for and you know, tell me if I'm if I'm wrong, or if I'm putting words in the mouth in your mouth, But it sounds like you're looking for ways to uh get yourself in a more motivated mindset and this could possibly be one for you. Have you explored? Is that is that accurate?
Speaker 1: That's so true? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Have you explored alternative options?
Speaker 1: No? I have not, honestly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Before you decide to get pregnant as a way to jump start your life and get the motivation you want. I I encourage you to look into other options because you know that.
Speaker 4: That's what What would you suggest.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about that? Would I suggest? Well, what do you want to be motivated to do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get started on my art career.
Speaker 4: Okay, some more art.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about other options here. I mean, like, I don't know, I don't know if I have anything off the top of my head, except like fucking read self help books and stuff that helped a lot for me when I was trying to get motivated to do things, or you know, I don't know, dude, having a friend who's trying to do something similar and you guys team up and motivate each other, or going to art classes or joining weekly meetup groups, or getting a life coach, or you know. I mean, those are just random things. I'll spit along here, but I would put all of them above becoming a surrogate mother for your boyfriend's aunts. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that's actually a really good idea. My best friend is moving in with me in a couple of days actually, so she'll be a great help I think for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good good, and listen, you know we've talked on the phone for ten minutes. I'm not going to pretend like I know you and your boyfriend's relationship. But if you really get the sense that your boyfriends is a tempting to make money off of you by having you be his aunt's surrogate mother h bye, so that he can pay for school, I don't know if that's what's happening. I'm not going to say that that what's happening, but you should you should look into that if that's what you suspect is happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well, I feel like I should say he wouldn't like, yo, Madamin, and like you should totally do this. My aunt said this and you should do it. No, he was like, yo, my aunt said this, like I don't even know if she was serious. And I was like, oh my god, like that could actually work.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was more my idea than his.
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh, like the funny age plastic would be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, again, I don't want to put that in your boyfriend's mouth because I don't know the actual situation, but just If you can get anything out of this call, it would be to explore, it would be to I'll leave you with this as the final sum up of this. Okay, think about what your motivations are in wanting to be a surrogate mother for your boyfriend's aunt. Okay, really boil that down to the simplest of those motivations, and then think of other ways to achieve those motivations. Gotcha, Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Madeline, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Not much. I'm gonna go with some of the rest of the stream.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Thank you very much, Madeline. Good luck to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jack.
Speaker 2: It is becoming harder and harder to tell people to not tell people what to do on these phone calls, but I'm trying to stick to it. Yes, I mean that's she had an interesting conundrum here because she was having these motivation problems. She's like, I want to do this. I want to jump start my art career. I've always been a big fan of like taking the motivations for your actions and boiling them down to really simple things and then seeing if you can get them in other places. You know what I'm saying. So she wants to have a little bit more structure or I don't know, like like responsibility. Maybe maybe that's what she was looking for, like something to just hold her accountable to like go do things in life. And I get why that can be. And then, you know, that's a thing that I think a lot of people need. I need it for sure. You know, I can very easily spend an entire day doing absolutely nothing and jerking off and smoking weed all day if I don't have some kind of outside thing, you know, compelling me not to do those things. And I think maybe that's what she was looking for, is something outside of herself to you know, motivate her to get her wheel spinning. But I think that there are far less drastic options or methods of achieving that, and I hope she finds one that works for her.
Speaker 5: Hello. Hello, Hi, is it Slole?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is this Andrew?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: This is me. I'm here.
Speaker 2: What's going on? What's going on? Andrew?
Speaker 5: Not much? Just chilling out, trying to have a relaxing Monday, getting over a cold.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what is it that you wanted to call in and talk about?
Speaker 5: I was just wondering your opinion on kind of a difficult decision that I've been contemplating over the last few years. Ever since I was in like seventh grade. I think I started like collecting images from the Internet of pregnant NTI and it's kind of become a bit of a problem, or at least I foresee it being a potential problem in the future. I think at this point, I have a hard drive with about eighty thousand images on it, and I've dumped for probably far too many hours than I'd like to even think about into that project. And I've also done like sketching in a full sketch book of artwork that I've made, and done sculptures as well. But I just can't seem to get rid of this stuff. Like I, you know, kind of just have this weird fascination because I feel like the pregnant female figure is just a beautiful form in the femininity of it, you know, the feature that masculinity can never come close to, because it's the equal opposite kind of in like an artistic sense. But it's also kind of a little a little bit of a turn on. But it's not something that I specifically seek out as like a sexual thing all the time. However, after collecting all of this content that I've produced and that I've gathered from the Internet over the last decade, I don't know what to do with it now because of the moment I'm in a relationship, and I'm absolutely petrified that either my girlfriend or anybody in my family is going to find out about this, and I don't think that any of them are ready for it. And I don't think that the world is very much of an accepting place for something like that, at least from what I've seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I have a couple of questions from your perspective. Why do you think that the world is not an accepting place for something like that?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because every single time I'm on Reddit for a pregnant HENTI forum thread, like our splash pregnant anti got shut down and now there's a new one, so like, it's not something that people on the internet kind of want around all the time necessary unless you're in that group of people who are looking for that content. At least that's how I kind of feel from stuff like that getting shut down, own or canceled constantly, and it's not I'm not doing anyone any harm, and I'm not thinking of it in like a sadistic, messed up way, like I want to impregnate real people. But it's it's the imagery of it, you know, more more the cartoon version, the animated, not the real life necessarily. But I feel like that plays into appreciating the beauty of people in the real world as well. However, It's not like i'd go out of my way to date someone because they're pregnant. That's not at all the case. But if I were to get my girlfriend pregnant, then I almost kind of at the same time feel well, it's beautiful, and I would be interested in that and in the you know, not for the fetish, but for the full creating a family experience with her. That would be great. But I'm also really afraid of that because she's not willing to have children, because she doesn't want to have to go through all of that, and she's kind of terrified of the idea. And I don't want her to think that I have some need and I'm going to, you know, try and force that upon her somehow if that's not what she wants to do. I don't even want to give her the idea that.
Speaker 2: That's let me let me all right. So you're afraid that are you in a relationship right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a pretty good one too, which is why I'm afraid that she finds in my room.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me hold on, let me all right. You're in a relationship right now, and your girlfriend, you know, does not want to have a child. No, okay, And so you're afraid that if your girlfriend sees all the pregnant porn, she'll assume you want her to get pregnant because you have this pregnancy thing whatever you would call it, but you do, and you don't want her to think that you're like pushing your fantasy onto her, because that's not what's happening here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I think because she has this position where she's kind of in a weird space about it, I'm afraid if she figured out then she thinks that I'm, you know, this weird creep for having that interest or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, how long have you been with this person before?
Speaker 5: Currently for four years?
Speaker 2: Okay, you've been with this girl for four years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Listen, do you see a future with with this person?
Speaker 5: I think so? Yeah, Yeah, she's really great and I love spending time with her, and we share a lot in common.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I think and you feel free to do whatever you want with your life, but I think if you're going to life is short, and if you're going to devote significant amounts of time to a relationship, four years is a lot of time. And if you want the future to continue, then you know you'll probably be devoting a lot more time. I think it is important to have a partner who you know, again, as long as you're not doing anything that is truly heinous, to have a partner who is understanding, who is understanding and accepting of, you know, these kinds of parts of you. So ideally, if your partner sees that you're into pregnant hint type hoorn, maybe it would take her a second. You know, let's give her a second. But ideally, if she loves you, she could be accepting of that. Now, tell me, is your fear true that she would not be accepting of this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm afraid that she's gonna see all of the files on my hard drive and all of the drawings and stuff that I've made, and especially the drawings because then she'll feel like, you know, I'm not just collecting this stuff passively. I'm actively creating a part of the pool of this content on the internet.
Speaker 2: You would be afraid that you would see that you're creating hent type porn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have, like, all.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's wrong? But let me ask what's wrong with creating hent type porn.
Speaker 5: I don't know exactly that's what I'm saying, but I'm afraid that she'll see that because she's against it. And then I mean, she's pretty accepting, So I don't know honestly, But it's that fear that's causing me to feel like there's that potential danger. But I don't want to get rid of any of this stuff either. Okay, it just kind of kept me in like a constant state of paranoia over it every single.
Speaker 2: Time anywhere near my computer or hold on, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna sum up a few things. You you're in a constant state of fear and paranoia that your partner will find this thing out about you and and uh it will cause them to judge you and think less of you and not want to be with you anymore. You believe that your partner, however, is a non judgmental person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, mostly so, I mean she knows that collect hand tie. She she sees there's you know, comic books from faku in my in my room, but she doesn't see any of the other stuff that's not kind of vanilla. Okay, and that's where.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 2: Listen, Andrew, I'm I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I'll leave it at this. If this, if you're like, see the future of this person. You don't get married to this person. You want this person to be in your life, it should be somebody who you are fully comfortable with sharing all the parts of you. So mhmm, I mean, find it. I think you should, just.
Speaker 5: Like, I just don't know when to bring that up.
Speaker 4: Though, What if you do, Like, because if.
Speaker 5: I'm going to talk to her about it so that she knows and I don't have to continue to feel this fear that she'll find out accidentally, Like, I don't know if I should bring it up to her at random, or if I should you know, wait until we're further into the relationship and then maybe you know it. Eventually she changes her mind and she wants that kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, my friends, you're four years into the relationship. I don't know what you're waiting for. When you put it that way, I can hear you're four years into the relationship. And also you're waiting. I know you're waiting for the time in which you don't feel the fear of having the conversation. It's never going to happen. There is not a future version of yourself that will not be feeling the fear of wanting to have this conversation. So just have it now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I just don't know how to start it though.
Speaker 2: Hey, honey, I want to show you something. See this hard drive eighty thousand images of pregnant anime women. What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: And I guess I really could just rip it off like the band aid.
Speaker 2: Let's say, Andrews, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before you go?
Speaker 5: Wish me luck and faith.
Speaker 2: Good luck. I'm please do please, do take care.
Speaker 5: Man, appreciate it. Thank you, have a good night you too.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe the way I told him to do it was a little bit bold, but was it really? Was it? Really? Maybe this is something that you need to be bold about here's you know, I've I've I've been thinking about this a lot. I've been thinking about this a lot. I think if somebody really I don't I don't know, I don't know. I think if somebody who really likes you, they won't care about a lot of shit like that. I think, if somebody really likes you, they won't care about a lot of shit like that. Because, again, what, I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with the consumption and production of pregnant to anime porn. Do I think there's anything wrong in terms of things that it might do to negatively affect the consumer? Probably? Is there anything ethically wrong with it that might, you know, make somebody look frown upon somebody else in a relationship. Probably not. But I just this guy's living with all this fear of his girlfriend finding his hard drive, and it's like, either she's going to find it or I don't know. I see a situation for this guy where he shows her everything and she goes, I don't care. You know, I love you, and do whatever you want. Just don't, you know, draw anything fucked up and then think about how much better he'll feel. Okay, I'll take another call. Hello, Lyle, Hi, who is this?
Speaker 3: This is Grandma. It's beasting girls. Grandma, Okay, saying I Grandma. I want to talk to grandma.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is grand But.
Speaker 3: My granddaughter came to Philadelphia instead on a cake on your stage.
Speaker 2: Yes I remember that?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yes I do. I do remember that.
Speaker 3: Can you explain to me in therapy terms why she would do that?
Speaker 2: Can I explain to you in therapy terms, why your granddaughter would come to my live show and sit on a cake in front of people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can. I don't know if I can explained in therapy terms. But I mean, I don't know if I true, I could not explain any any you know, better than she could because it was, you know, her decision that she made. I mean, it was entertaining. Everybody there enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: No, I never said, I never said you were mad? But listen, what is your name?
Speaker 3: My name is Lady Fond. I actually am yep, I'm a lady Fawn, and I am actually a sixty eight year old, and I really am her grandmother. And I have a master's degree. I used to do purchasing wood in My master's degree was in purchaser or in business, but I did contracts for major corporations for a living. I'm retired.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, what's your life like these days?
Speaker 3: Let's see. Well, I have my granddaughter living with me. I own a home. I just retired a year and a half ago after working for forty three years. I sleep, I do what I want, which is nice after all this time. You know how you say life's too short. Yeah, it really is too short, because by the time you have my age, you have no energy left.
Speaker 2: What would you do if you had more energy?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd be traveling and money. I'd be traveling all over the world, all over the world. I would like to go everywhere. I've been all over the United States, but I'd like to go outside the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where would you want to go?
Speaker 3: I'd like to go to Japan. I'd like to go to England. I'd love to go to Ireland. And I'd actually like to go to Israel. I believe it or not, my background is Jewish, Irish Catholic.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey me too. I still have not yet gone to Israel, but I know that there's like a birthright trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I would love to do. Actually, my father's side goes back heritage wise, goes back to way way, way, way back. I won't get into the name, but our ancestors go way back into the BC. I mean, like way back when Israel wasn't even Israel. My grandfather came had to go to Turkey to get away from the Holocaust. Wouldn't it be cool to go to Israel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to go to Israel someday.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can take a trip together.
Speaker 2: You want to take a trip with me to Israel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll paint my face green.
Speaker 2: You don't have to paint your face green to go to Israel.
Speaker 3: I know, but I do it. So at least we match.
Speaker 2: When you were younger, did you get to travel a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did. For work, I traveled all over I was in California. I want to. I want to. I've been in all the states in the United States. I've been to every state in the US. Like I said, I did purchasing contracts, so I traveled constantly to places with engineers so that they could I would review the contracts. I mean, they weren't small chains. There were big contracts and we'd have people making stuff for us and so, been to Florida and you name it, you name the state. I've been in it.
Speaker 2: And which state did you enjoy the most?
Speaker 3: In state? You know, that's a good question. The state I enjoyed, Oh, Nashville, Tennessee, love.
Speaker 2: Ville, Tennessee. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Was just.
Speaker 3: It's not only beautiful, it's not only nice, and it's it's warm. It's past the fact that it's got country western. When you get outside the city, you get to the country, it's beautiful. It's just beautiful landscape, horses everywhere. It's just beautiful.
Speaker 2: So all right, lady, fun, time to talk some shit. Which one is the worst?
Speaker 3: Which one are you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: You want to know which one's the worst? I hope there's not a lot of people in from California.
Speaker 2: Why California.
Speaker 3: California. Let's see, I want to be culturally sensitive. California just doesn't have it's it's a it's such a mixed pot there of people. You have the really really rich and elite that you know, we're in California, and they can be a little on this neody side. And then you hear people who have immigrated from Mexico or whatever. You know, Nicaragua wherever, and they're real humble and they're real nice people. But you see that they're not treated as equals, which I don't think is white. So it just the state just doesn't put its best foot forward when it comes to showing its diversity for people.
Speaker 2: Why would you think that that was culturally insensitive?
Speaker 3: Pardon?
Speaker 2: I said, why would you think that that was culturally insensitive?
Speaker 3: Well, if while you're there, you see how some people treat other people and they they don't treat them as their equals. When I say culture, I shouldn't, I guess use the term culturally sensitive. But just people don't treat each other with respect and they don't treat each other as equals. We're all, we're all equal on this earth.
Speaker 2: I asked you a questions. Let me ask you a question. I'm very curious about when you were growing up compared to now. Do you think that do you think that people treated each other with more respect?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was ingrained in us when we were young, When we were young, yes, absolutely, My parents parents were a lot stricter when I was growing up. There was more structure, there was a guideline. It was like a ruler that you didn't step beyond certain things when I was growing up. I actually think that we've I think it's better for the for the younger generation now because I think anybody can be what they want to be. Now we ask our children. You know, my father one time time asked me, why are you asking your son when he wants to eat what he would like to have for dinner. You just put the plate in front of him with food, and it's it. Whatever's cooked is what he has to eat. And I said, because he has tastes. Some days the hamburger is good, some days, odd dog's good. I said, So whether he's five or six, he's got a feeling and know something to say about it. My father thought that was terrible that I asked him that.
Speaker 2: So why do you think that people respect each other less nowadays?
Speaker 3: That was state, That was California. But yet I've been to places like, I will say, Nashville, Tennessee. The people are friendly, warm, outgoing, easy to communicate with. You can go anywhere you want talk to anybody. They'll they'll they'll they're friendly, they'll talk to you about their their state or whatever. Whereas now and that was California, I'm referencing California only you asked me what was the worst state? California. I don't know what it is out there out in California, but it's just different. It's structurally different.
Speaker 2: Where did you grow up.
Speaker 3: I was in Los Angeles, Okay, in Lax.
Speaker 2: How do you think Los Angeles has changed in the Have you been there? But have you been back there since?
Speaker 3: No? No, I wouldn't want to go back there, to be honest, I wouldn't want to go back there because I just didn't feel like it was a place i'd ever want to be again.
Speaker 2: Okay, didn't feel it.
Speaker 3: Just couldn't get any warmth out of the general feeling there. And the other thing that's really sad about California is I drove down many different streets while I was there. I was in the inner city of LA and it really broke my heart to see how many. I know there's homeless people everywhere, but in California, there were so many that I saw, yeah, that it made me sad. I mean, it just seemed like a bigger population. I mean, I know it's in every state and I recognize that, but in California it was really prominent and that it's a sad, sad state of affairs that were we're all here and we're not taking care of each other.
Speaker 2: Can I ask what part of the country you live in now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I live in the Northeast. I live in I live in Buffalo Bill Country.
Speaker 2: How about that Buffalo Bill Country. That's the guy that killed people and ate them right?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no Buffalo Bills as in the football team.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it's a different guy I live.
Speaker 3: I live. Yeah, I live upstate New York near not too far from Niagara Falls.
Speaker 2: So tell me this, Grandma. I want I would like to know what is I mean? Look, you say that you don't have enough time and energy and whatnot, Like, what's preventing you from from taking your trips that you want to take?
Speaker 3: Oh? I have I After I retired, I found out I have spinal stenosis in my back, so I'm missing missing part of a disc in my back, so I can't stand for long periods. And it's made it a little more restrictive of what what I can and can't do.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 3: I don't want to have surgery on my back mm hmmmmm. So that kind of limits me more so of taking the trip i'd like the trips I'd like to take, and finances. I got to be honest with you. When I was working, I made great money. But when you retire, it's not the same. It is that, you know. I got to be honest. Medicare all this stuff they pump up that they say social Security and your pensions and this and that not they not what they leave you. Especially when you've worked forty three years. Your income, unless you continue to work into your seventies or whatever, your income comes down when you stop working.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you a question here. I know that there are obvious con to being retired and to being at you know, the stage that you're at in life of you know, less money is coming in your your You know your body doesn't work the way I used to. But I want to know what is like your life today as it is. What is better about your life right now than your life in the past.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm happier. I can't tell me what content.
Speaker 2: Pardon I said to tell me why.
Speaker 3: I'm happier. I'm more content. I don't have to be I don't have to get up to the alarm at five thirty am and get dressed up and run right out the door with a cup of coffee and go into an office and deal with stress all day long. And then I'm home and have a home to deal with and everything like that. It's it's less stressful to be retired. And I can sleep till noon if the mood strikes me. If I want to stay up till three o'clock in the morning and watch movies, I can. My time is my time now. I'm not constraint to somebody else's demands. The kids are grown. Thank goodness. The kids are grown. They don't live with me, you know. The kids are doing their own thing. Even having the granddaughter here is good. I like having the granddaughter here. She keeps me young.
Speaker 2: How so.
Speaker 3: How she's cracking up sitting across for me? What did I'm talking to the therapy get go? I said, I'm calling them. I'm gonna call him. She's like, really, Grammy, you're gonna go? I said, you know me, we always do fun things. Her and I do fun things together. See it's fun because she's twenty one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Are you having fun? I call right now? Yes, yes, okay, cool?
Speaker 3: This fun? Yes? And I think you give really great advice. By the way.
Speaker 2: Oh, thanks, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I'm a psychology minor. My bachelors was a psychology minor.
Speaker 2: What kinds of fun things do you and your granddaughter do together?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: We love going to the grocery store, buying good food that we want. We go watching watching you. You were on live, she'd, let's we know when you're on live, Rory. I put it on my computer. My computer tells me when you're on live watching you. We go. We went shopping at Christmas. We bought matching pjs for Christmas, so we go bargain bargain shopping. We like doing that. She helps me around the house. We just do fun stuff. We watched movies, funny movies together. She's teaching me all about the new generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you learning about the new generation?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: A lot? Tell me the most. Tell me the most interesting thing, the.
Speaker 3: Most interesting thing. That there's some stuff and I'm going to pronounce it wrong. I know. I am asha wire ayahuasca.
Speaker 2: Yes, ayahuasca.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just learned all about that. Terry.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that something you would ever say, you would ever do ayahuasca.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could at my age, I don't know. I'm on medications and stuff, so I don't know. If I could, I would do it. I would love to see what what would see the inside of my soul. I would love to know what's there. I would love to do that absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that. You know, so she we watched stuff, and she's got me watching movies I never thought i'd watched before, but I watch them and I go, I like that that was a good movie. I mean, I watch Euphoria, I watched all different stuff.
Speaker 2: M Okay. So from what you've learned about the new generation, what is what is your take? Do you think that do you think society is gonna be okay in the hands of the new generation?
Speaker 3: Why? That's a good question. Excuse me. I think I don't know if it's gonna be okay. I think I think they've got a lot of struggles in front of them. I don't think it's about the generation. I think it's the sad part is people like me, for instance, what I'm giving them to deal with. I think that the the environment, our earth, our planet is global warming is something that's going to be very traumatic for them to deal with. I don't think our economic status is going to make it easy for them. Our younger generation also is having a tough time figuring out. They see their parents and grandparents like me, they know what they don't want to do by seeing what we've done, how we've worked and worked and worked. I think we've put a lot of obstacles in front of them. So do I think they can handle them? Yeah, I think they'll be able to handle them, but it won't be easy.
Speaker 5: M M.
Speaker 3: What do you think do you think our younger generations ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know. I don't know because we have a lot of things that are so new. When you look at the timeline of all of human existence, the amount of time that you know, phones and computers and the Internet which are so dominant. Yes, and you know we've grown up with them. They've only been around for about point zero zero zero. I could go on and say thousands of zeros.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the funny part is I went to school for computers. That's my first degree. I'm a computer programmer. I was then on the bottom line and when computers were the big IBM machines.
Speaker 2: And they've they've changed. Now they've changed. There's a lot of you can do anything on the computer right now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I have kids. Ye, I do everything. I literally have a big screen computer in front of me. I have my phone with I'm I'm total tech. I'm I'm a pretty hip grammar.
Speaker 2: I think you're a pretty hip grandma too. I would agree with that sentiment. I appreciate that you're doing your best. I like that you've been able to connect with your granddaughter. I think that that's very nice and that you've you know, made this to you know, sort of understand what's going on with the younger generation instead of just you know, holding to whatever you kind of have been into your whole life. And I think that's a.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They have different values than we did, which is to me, is a good thing. They don't value money like we did when I was growing up or when I was out there working, that was the big thing. Who hid the biggest pool, Who hid the biggest house? This new generation, God bless them, they don't they that's not what it's about for them.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's about.
Speaker 3: I think it's about just living their lives, enjoying life. They see more, they have more do more leisurely things. They take more time out, They they're more humanitarian. I think they're more involved in things that we weren't. We were trash in our environment and they're worried about not cleaning it up. I just I see a lot of pluses in them.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. Lady Fawn, you said your name was Yep, Lady Fawn, thank you so much for talking to us about all of this stuff. I think, you know, I feel like we've learned a great deal and it was it was exciting to hear from you. And again, I appreciate the effort that you're making to continue to be in touch with the world around you. And you know, by doing so, you're bonding closer to your Grandda, And I think, oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I thank you. And you know something, one thing I do want to say. We're waiting for your schedule to come out to see where you're going to be, because we want to come see you in person.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, where where would you come see me? I mean you said you live in upstate New York. I'll be in Philly and I'll be in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean I'll drive either one I got. I got the nice vehicle. That's one thing about the Fond Lady, Fond Lady is the newest cadgets iner car with you to the computer and it'll tell me how to get there.
Speaker 2: Now, if you come to the show, will you come on stage and talk?
Speaker 3: Sure, absolutely, I'd love to.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's see, it's it's in, it's in the calendar. We're doing it. Yes, of course. I'm sure your hopefully your granddaughter follows me on the computer and will tell you when I am.
Speaker 3: And she's right, yep, she's on there right now. She's recording this.
Speaker 2: Perfect perfect Well, lady Lady Fawn, is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're they're funny. I love the chats. I think people have great things to say. I think that your audience is outstanding. I think they really give give good input, and I think you do an excellent job and in talking to the people on this on the screen at the same time that you're taking the phone call.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much, Lady Fawn. I I appreciate you saying that, and uh, I appreciate you sharing with us and Uh, I'll see you on the road soon. I'm excited to.
Speaker 4: Talk to you.
Speaker 3: You will, Okay, you have I know you're tired. You the last time I watched you, you fell asleep, actually in your chair. You were so tired.
Speaker 2: I did, I did. I've been very tired lately. I got to eat better food and sleep more.
Speaker 3: I changed my diet. I changed my diet around. Yep. It's a big impact on what you eat. And my granddaughter's big on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take it from me.
Speaker 3: She won't sit on a cake. Yeah, she won't sit on a cake again.
Speaker 2: All Right, lady faun. I appreciate you very much, and have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 3: You too. Take care. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: Take care, okay.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: Well that was nice. That was nice. I met what I said. I probably appreciate that she's, you know, taking the time to see what's going on on. I hope I'm doing that when I'm when I'm older, I'm seeing what everyone else is into and talking to the younger generation to figure out what's on their minds. It really kind of got to me when she mentioned the whole thing about her back. You know, it made me think about there's just not a lot of time. You know, there's just not a lot of time to do the things that you want to do. So listen. I guess what I would like from this. You know, if you're listening to this right now and you liked what she had to say, is if there's something you want to do and you feel like if your body didn't work, you couldn't do it, understand that you don't have time, all right, You don't. Your death is imminent, the destruction of your body is imminent. And imagine, you know, living in such a situation where your mind is willing but your body is unable. If you're fortunate enough to be physically able right now and you want to go do something, just go do it. What the fuck are you waiting for? What the fuck am I waiting for? Every time I talk to this motivational bullshit, I flip it. I try to flip it back on myself. I'm like, what do I what do I really want to do? I don't know. I'm fortunate, I really am. I'm really fortunate. I got to do a lot of the shit I wanted to do. It's s's I was thinking of this, you know it was go to Japan, and then I did that, and now what I really want to do is sit at home and edit stuff and eat food. I don't know. I feel like if I died tomorrow, if they told me that I couldn't move tomorrow, I'd be like, well, all right, we did plenty of good stuff, but what more do I want to do. I gotta think about that. I'm gonna go think about that. I'm gonna go think about that.
Speaker 5: The Repyn goes on the line making your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: The Repacon goes to any night.
Speaker 3: He's teaching you cloud in the mind of your life.
Speaker 4: But he's not ready.
Speaker 2: An expert