Speaker 1: We Roland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fucking boys, man, Yo, hell of an episode on Busting with the Boys. We had Eddie George legend, he's in the college Football Hall of Fame. He's had his jersey retired at both Ohio State and the Titans.
Speaker 1: We talked about a lot of shit, man.
Speaker 2: We talked about his going going to school back in Philly, how his mom took him to Virginia, right, yeah, down in Virginia to attend Fork Union Military Academy. My man was talking about doing marches before practice. Call him what fatigue day? Fatigue day like military stuff before they even do practice. A lot of good stories, man, going through Ohio State adversities he went through in a high school and Ohio State why he basically was non existing his sophomore year and basically you know, the comeback he had to make after having some fumble issues his freshman year, winning the Heisman Trophy closest vote history, beat Our boy edged, our boy out, Tommy Fraser, Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Nebraska, all free shoutouts.
Speaker 2: Always going into his NFL career, being drafted by the Houston Oilers, the difference between college facilities and NFL facilities, then making the transition to the Tennessee Titans, playing in Memphis that first season and practicing at Vanderbilt Tennessee State. I don't know, it was a shit show their first when they were transitioning over into their until they got their new stadium in nineteen ninety nine, playing for Coach Fisher, the final that play at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Where they were one yard short.
Speaker 2: How he's been able to use that as inspiration and influence throughout his life since then playing with Steve McNair. That was a big segment. A lot of good stories with McNair, I mean, unreal stories.
Speaker 1: What else, boys, I.
Speaker 2: Mean a lot of shit transitioning having a bad breakup with the Titans and into the Dallas Cowboys. His respect for Jerry Jones as a businessman. What he's kind of learned transitioning into entrepreneurship, the business world, acting, acting on Broadway, performing on Broadway, Edward George Wealth Management, incredible stuff. Man, He's an insightful cat. It's I'm sitting there like, yeah, any any young cats that are young athletes that are gonna play in the that are gonna play in the league, that are playing in the league, any of that stuff, like he's somebody you need to seek out for.
Speaker 1: Advice man, financial advice.
Speaker 2: He's had some ups and downs, a lot of pivotal points and throughout his career that he shares in depth. A lot of good football talk, a lot of good football stories, a lot of good locker room talk.
Speaker 1: As always. Uh but yeah, man, Eddie George.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the episode, you know, obviously I need to talk about the Boys. Busting with the Boys brought to you by Barstool Sports. By the way, shut up are still sports. If you haven't already, go to your phone, go to the app wherever you find your podcasts and unsubscribe, then quickly resubscribe. Uh boost the Boys as always, follow us on social media's busting WTB.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of good merch out, Buy up the merch, dude.
Speaker 2: We got for the boys, badge tees, the ones to say, if you're not for the Boys, you're against them.
Speaker 1: Get geared up for the season. We got buffs to we got.
Speaker 2: Face mask coverings, dad hats, the calling, six T's row, pats bus why we got we got all of it, dude, Go buy some birthday gifts. Gear up for the season. As always, for the Boys, anything else, anything else.
Speaker 1: I'm missing a lot of good Titans talk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a lot of good Titans talk. A lot of good Titans talk for the upcoming year. You guys are obviously gonna love it without further ado, Who are we telling to drop the fucking hook now, you boy, Blas Blossy, drop the fucking hook. This episode a Bus with the Boys, The Boys at Barstow's Sports. We don't even do intros either, Like once we're on, we're we're just rolling. We're just having a conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm all good, yes to to check. All right, we are ready to rock.
Speaker 2: We go back there, Josh, all right, Garrett, Yeah, Garrett is right there.
Speaker 1: Oh what shut Man? But told me to tell you the funk off? Oh really No, I'm just teasy man. He said, you're a good dude. Garrett's a step son. Yeah, yeah, he was telling me. Yeah, Butch is a good company to keep the Butch is the man. He is the man. But Manville, Yes he does. I mean, you know, I sit on this board and all that. I just sit back, watch and take notes. Yeah, Butcher's Butch. It makes things run.
Speaker 2: This episode of Bustle with the Boys is brought to you by Sunday Ticket with AT and T Football is fucking back. That means Sundays are back. Why only watch one of the games, boys, when you can watch all of them? Catch it all with the NFL Sunday Ticket dot tv. More good news, DirecTV has expanded the service. If you live in an apartment of Big City where DirecTV service is not available, you can now get NFL Sunday Ticket without a satellite. To see if you're eligible, go online to NFL Sunday Ticket dot tv and stream every NFL Sunday Ticket game this season to follow your favorite team, the Favorite Boys, no matter where you live. You can also stream from all your favorite devices Xbox one, PlayStation four, Apple TV, Roku, Chrome Cast, Samsung Smart TV models from twenty fifteen, and on laptop, smartphones, tablets all the good shit Boys. Use promo code busting twenty at checkout to say fifteen percent. There are also some exclusive student discounts available as well, so if you're in a dorm or something like that, go check out NFL Sudden they take it.
Speaker 1: Dot tv see if you're eligible.
Speaker 2: And also use the promo code busting twenty at checkout to say fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: So where where does where's your son go to school? My youngest goes to Montgomery Bell Academy. Okay, how many do you have? I have too. My oldest Winter Vanderbilt, played there for four years, five years, and now he's at USC Film School. Okay, yeah, nice smart kid, man.
Speaker 2: So what what's it like being a parent of a high schooler that is their high school?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, one was in college out of college, the other one is in high school. It's it's unique, man, It's like you you watch your kids grow, you watch them become a completely different person over the years. You know you'll be you'll you'll be a father in their adulthood, more so longer than you would be in their childhood. Right. You know, it's funny when you think about it. I always see my children as babies. But they grow up so fast, and they they'll pass thrust your kids, No, not yet. They'll pass a threshold around eight years old when they start to really figure things out how to really be manipulative and use it. I mean when they're infants, they understand it, but they don't know how to control it. Yeah. They're chess players, they're checker players. From one to about eight and then they become chess players eight until fifty five. Yeah, okay, so that's that's how especially girls too, man. But you know, my boys are on my life, man, and I enjoy watching them grow and achieve their dreams and watch them, you know, have setbacks and have failures and success and the highs and lows of life, much like your what your journey has been for you in terms of your football career. And now that you're doing this deal, you know, you're seeing the ebbs and flows of it. So it's it's it's wonderful to witness that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how does your high schooler feel like going to school with everything kind of going on?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, he hates school regardless. Yeah, let's spread out there.
Speaker 3: So when they canceled last year, it's like, oh hell yeah, really something.
Speaker 1: It was great for everybody because we didn't have to get up at five thirty in the morning taking school. He just hops out of bed, but to make sure he's out of bed, yeah, and then he'll go downstairs and sit down, do his work, go back to sleep between classes, and go back to work. And it was like, this is a cool schedule. Yeah, but I think now the fatigue is set in where he wants to They're doing a hybrid right now for the first two weeks. What is that hybrid is when they're doing some virtual classes one day home the next on. So it's like he's doing two days in school, three days home. Next week is gonna be three days in school, two days home, and then they want to attempt to bring all the kids together, and that's when all hell can break loose. So we don't. We're crossing our fingers praying that no one gets ill, and then they have this thing under controls. I don't know what the hell to believe.
Speaker 2: Now, Bro, it's so crazy out there, how much news like you just yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 1: Man. It's like, I mean, I heard that the coronavirus for men under thirty makes your penis small. What strengths your penis? I swear, I thank god I'm thirty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boys, you guys are September or September nineteenth, So you saw thirty one, Okay, but they yeah, they said, like thirty, that's that's the threshold.
Speaker 1: So I need to be careful some of the asymptomatics deals. Yeah, it strengths your penis, So you want to be careful. B A all you guys couple there now, Yeah, yo, that is what it's like, something new. Yeah I'm joking, you're joking. Yeah, you'll find out, bro, But do you see how that's good? Man? Yeah, I know I got you on that one. Yeah, you fucking did. So we'll get it started just like.
Speaker 2: That because we have beef that goes way beyond what you even know about. This episode of Busting with the Boys is also brought to you by Whoop Shot Out WOOP no free shoutouts. Whoop is the best fitness tracker in the game. It provides personalized insights on the performance of your sleep, how your how recovered your body is, and how much stress you put on your body throughout the day, from workouts, from normal stressors of life, all of it. I'm obsessed with Whoop. I've actually been taping my mouth shut for the last month, month and a half just to see how my arresting heart rate's doing. I've been reading this book called Oxygen Advantage to on why.
Speaker 1: You should take your mouth shut and and things like that.
Speaker 2: But Woop is able to show me how much progress i'm and what nasal breathing and all that stuff is actually doing for me. And also like you know, the boys are the boys back with the boys now. So last week when I was getting ready for my tryout, you're using your Whoop every day to track your strain to see how much recovery, how much sleep you need to get, how well recovered you are. It was a big It was a big tool for me and getting my body ready for my workout, and then also those first couple of days of practice. What's great with WOOP is that every day when you get up, you get a recovery score based on your HRV, you're resting, heart rate, and sleep performance. That can be used as an indicator on how to approach your day and training. If you get a green recovery, that's a sign that you can do a more intensive workout. But if it's red, that's a signal you should probably take a rest day, pull back a little bit, have an active recovery day, and so on. The Whoop even has built in features like a strain Coach, which gives you target exertion goals without for.
Speaker 1: Optimal optimal perform mormans.
Speaker 2: If you're not sure what type of training your body is ready for This is an awesome feature to keep you from overtraining and based on how strenuous your day is.
Speaker 1: The app also has it built.
Speaker 2: In sleep Coach, which will lets you know how much sleep you should be getting. Say you just want to get by, it'll give you. It'll give you when you need to go to bed. If you want to perform, it'll give you the hours you need to be in bed and how much sleep you should be getting.
Speaker 1: If you want to.
Speaker 2: Peak, it also shows you how much sleep you need to get there as well. For our listeners, Woop is offering fifteen percent off with the code busting at checkout. This was a huge gift that we put in the care packages for the Boys, for all the players and every in all the locker rooms that we've had on the podcast. So everybody strapped with a Whoop dude, use code busting at checkout to get fifteen percent off. Go to Whoop that's Whoop dot com and enter busting to say fifteen percent sleep better, recover, faster, train smarter, optimize your performance with Whoop and with the Boys. So I'm gonna take you back to I'm gonna go ahead and say nine years old for young comp nine years old and playing football, playing tackle football. The person I were from Missouri, Missouri, okassuri, So growing up like the Ozarks and all that about the hour south of Saint Louis, Okay, Yeah, and I'm playing ball growing up, and me I'm kind of all.
Speaker 1: I was always like bigger, you know, everybody's all.
Speaker 2: Everybody in kind of the NFL is bigger and big fish in small pocket on them. And I was convinced I was gonna be a running back when I grew up. I was always like taller, I was leaner. The person I looked up to and thought I was gonna be based on my body type was Eddie George. So hey, this is a surreal moment for me. Sixth grade comes around sixth seventh grade. I got the pacifier mouthpiece, I got the two bar running back helmet. Ye I'm out there looking.
Speaker 1: Like a white Eddie George and.
Speaker 2: Two eight because hey, I had a battle between you and Marshall Fawk. But my body type and everything else told me I was gonna be I was gonna be like Eddie George. Love watching Walter Payton, but Eddie George is it, dude? So fast forward I'm about I'm getting accepted for an award. I'm gonna knee you know, attention there. I'm thinking to myself, Okay, I'm about five six one sixty as a seventh grader, five six, five seven one sixty one sixty five. I'm thinking, I put on ten pounds this past year. If I keep you know how you are as a kid, if I keep putting on ten pounds every year by the time I'm a twelfth grader, because I was the seventh grade at the time, I'm thinking, when I'm a twelfth grader in high school going into college, I'll probably be around two twenty, around what Eddie George is. I'll probably be around six two because I hopefully I'll keep growing. Everybody thinks I'm tall, Like I'm gonna keep growing, and I'm gonna play in college for probably like three years. I'm gonna chuck deuces. I'm gonna go to the league and be, you know, mimic everything after Eddie George. So go back to that moment. I try and go to a this was a year after you guys.
Speaker 1: After the Super Bowl, and I go to this football camp in Saint Louis around the Saint Louis Area and I go as a running back and linebacker. Coaches everybody always wanted.
Speaker 2: Me to play linebacker on defense, and I hated playing line Hey, truth be told, I hated playing linebacker because I was like, man, I'm going to be on offense. I go to this camp, bug Eye, can't wait. You're supposed to be there, Eddie George doesn't show up that day.
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: And so I end up doing drills like Mike Jones the linebacker because they had guys, you know how, like all the campus programs come in. I want to say, something happened. You couldn't make your flight or I don't know, but you weren't there. And I remember my dad telling me, and I was.
Speaker 1: So hurt because I was like, man, this is going to be the day I got to meet him. Wow.
Speaker 2: Now listen, I know I talk a lot. You're going to be talking the majority of the conversation. Hey, bro, do you thing we got a lot of history. Go ahead and pull up the photo so fast forward I end up getting over it. You go and speak to us when I am a senior junior going to be a senior at Nebraska. Yeah, we take a photo obviously you don't remember meeting the great clips cut the bust, adult teeth.
Speaker 1: That was just a gritty grind.
Speaker 2: Kennedy, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you were actually there when Bo was there. Dave probably set it up through the strength stats and stuff.
Speaker 1: Bo Polini, Yes, right, and you came and spoke to us.
Speaker 2: But we met almost August twenty four, twenty twelve, almost eight years ago.
Speaker 1: To the day we took this photo. Ay, and now.
Speaker 2: Everything full circle like goosebumps thinking about the old running back days and now I'm sitting here with Eddie George on on busting with the boys.
Speaker 1: And that is insane. Yeah, that's right, because I was down there for I was down in Nebraska doing something for uh the Heisman, not the Heisman. It was in the summer. It was in the summer. We come down with our campus tours we're doing for Fox Sports. Okay, yeah, that makes sense, that makes sense. So yeah, I think we had to be doing summer campase I remember, Yeah, Man, I can't, of course I remember you. Well, what I mean, maybe you might have remembered fifty one back in the day. Man, you about six what six', Four, No i'm about six two do about the same heighten this. Picture see you were there, Though, yeah, yeah, yeah you're probably getting little. Older you might your vertebrates and a. Half you ain't six three and a half the next three and a. Half, Hey i'll take six. FOUR i think you think you're a reacher with the sixty. Three but, hey in that wild man that is that is, insane, MAN I i, uh do you remember missing going to a camp back in the, day a little kids. CAMP i. Do that was For. Budweiser there was a guy Named, DEMETRIUS i can't remember his last. Name he brought me in and my flight was was delayed coming. In so there was a. Camp there was night, festivities there was a golf, tournament there was all of that that whole weekend coming in because my flight was delayed AND i got in later on after the. Camp So i'm sorry TO i KNOW i.
Speaker 2: WAS i was a young boy man crushed like, MAN i was gonna Meet Eddie. George yeah you know me, Now, YEAH i know it's, crazy, Dude BUT i want to start all the way back in the. Beginning you grew up In. Philly how was that talk to us about growing up In philly and when and when you exactly knew that you were going to be a phenomenal football.
Speaker 1: Player Oh, Man, WELL i grew up all Over. Philadelphia grew up mainly In, abington just outside Of philadelphia With North hills and my mother she worked For Ford Motor company and also as a flight, attendant so we moved around a lot between Like shelton Hand Southwest, Philadelphia Mount. Airy SO i just claim This philadelphia BECAUSE i have friends and family all over the. City you. Know back, THEN i just it was it was Just. Philly it was just. Home you. Know it was home Of Joe, frazier you, Know Rocky, Balboa, eagles The Broad Street, bullies The, flyers The. Sixers so it was it was that way of. LIFE i just fell in love with the game of. Football my father played the, game not at the high, level just high, school but he was. HERE i would always over here him telling stories of of how he loved playing the game of, football and how he loved running backs And Jim brown was his favorite running back and so. Forth AND i just grew up loving the. Game WHEN i came out the, womb in, FACT i used to take my father's little trophy had a trophy that like The, heisman AND i would JUST i would break it down and then broke it, actually AND i would play with LIKE i was playing on the football field with little, figurines AND I i just loved the pageantry around the game of. Football. Period SO i grew up A Penn state football. Fan wanted to play For Penn, state wanted to play running back For Penn. STATE i wanted to be close to, home want all my family and friends to see me play. There and of course that didn't. Happen BUT i didn't know THAT i. WANTED i didn't know exactly WHEN i wanted to play. FOOTBALL i just knew THAT i would make it. SOMEDAY i didn't know how or when or. What BUT i always felt it in my spirit THAT i was going to not just play the game or play at a high. Level yeah, yeah, yeah what happened With Penn. State, WELL i went to a military. Academy because my grades are. POOR i messed around in high school so much until the tenth. Grade my mom had, enough so she packed up our, bags packed up my, bags and drove me nine hours DOWN i ninety five south To virginia and dropped me off at The Military academy school age of, fifteen and that's when my journey really began as really finding out WHO i. Was prior to, THAT i, was you, know six foot, pus sixteen hundred and sixty eight, pounds slow as, dirt not very, big lack work, ethic but in my MIND i could still see myself going To Penn state and. PLAYING i thought it was going to turn it. Around BUT i lacked discipline in the classroom as a, person and WHEN i went To Fourth, union it was an eye opening experience AS i thought my career was, over only to find out that every school In america comes To Fourth union to find, talent like From, virginia you n C, Usc South, Carolina, Florida, Virginia Virginia, tech all THE acc, schools all secondary School James, madison where every single school you can think of came through. There their, coaches head coaches comes through those. Doors SO i was in the right place at the right. Time but my work, ethic my, attitude everything about me was way. Off and it had to start with. Me ONCE i started changing the WAY i, thought the WAY i viewed, success that it was cool to get age and still be on the football. Team it changed my whole, life my prole perspective of. Life and then was shortly thereafter THAT i was able to guard into the attention of high. School of the high, school but college is around the. Country Ohio state was one of. Them, damn so hey shut up mom, there, yeah, yeah SHE i mean it's. TOUGH i, MEAN i have a fifteen year old now and he gets on my nerves so And i'm, Thinking, god it would be really hard for me to send my son away to military. School and my mother did it without any, money any. Resources. Hardly she knew that she my life was in danger BECAUSE i was becoming a monster and becoming. THAT i wasn't quite there. Yet BUT i had the potential to be great at. Something and you, KNOW i could have been great as a drug dealer or a hustler or a BUMB i can do that really. Well Is ley on my constant play video games and fruity pebbles all, day you. Know so the potential was there to do something, great but she had to change my, environment and by her doing, THAT i had. TO i was able to see the potential of WHAT i could become and be in. Life, man that's.
Speaker 2: Crazy because like you were, saying alluding to his probably to this decision you probably ever made at that, point but knowing it's the right, one LIKE i got to do this or he's going to go down.
Speaker 1: The WRONG i wouldn't be talking to you right now without any of, this you, know without having that, EXPERIENCE i would not be on this bus right. NOW i would not be talking about my, career my, life my, family my, values my principles without that.
Speaker 2: Experience is there an a, Moment is there a moment you can think on that actually shifted your, perspective like when you're because figuring that out kind of in high. SCHOOL i, mean hats off to you for that, too because a lot of kids they. Don't they might might be, college it might be way down the line before they figure. Out but it was, there like a like an ass kicking moment where you're, like, YO i got to turn my shirt.
Speaker 1: Around yeah it. Was there was a running back WHEN i got down. There his name Was Lee. Green in, fact he passed away this, year and he uh was like everything All american running back getting recruited by everybody in the. Country four point OH. Gpa just the model of like WHAT i wanted to be six three two and twenty five, pounds ran a four five forty four four, forty just a beast of a running back. Person he was a patune. SERGEANT i mean he was just, like, gosh, man this is the model and that's WHAT i. WANT i want to get. That how CAN i get? That BUT i wasn't very. TOUGH i didn't like to, run didn't like to. Work and it was This, monday we were running wind sprints after practice and At Fourth, union you march, first like we. Were we have fatigued days Every tuesday And. Thursday excuse, Me monday And wednesday was prayed and fatigue. DAY i mean that we were. Fatigued we got our rifles and we got to prepare to march for however long that, is for an hour marching and just getting ready for this. PRAADE i hated. It so we come we were already coming to practice. Exhausted so it was one day that after every practice we do these wind sprints for conditioning and for, competition so we'll run ten and then after that it's. Competition whoever comes in first gets. Out so NATURALLY i was, like, Shit i'm the slowest one out. Here So i'm in a lolly gag until WHAT i, get you, KNOW i WHEN i KNOW i can beat somebody in and then get. Off so and wind up beating one of the second fastest guys that, day AND i throw my hands up in the air AND i every shit lifting t commercial with the last. WATER i did that on the ground and my coach was, Screaming, ah that's ALL i can hear is my helmets, on And i'm thinking they're cheering me on BECAUSE i did a great. Job he, Says, George, sure get your ass, up get your ass, up and run another. One there's no laying down on my field after you after you, win or after you finish your. Sports there's no laying. Down you. Walk And i'm pissed, up like, DAMN i just, won And i'm crying and bitching about. It and all of a, sudden my teammates was calling me soft and they were, like you know, what May you're just selfish and this and, that and he made me run another. One i' huffing and, puffing and then he is As i'm walking off the, Field he's standing over this. Bank his bank is about twenty FEET i guess, long and he's going downhill and just down on the other, side the postgraduates are practicing and he's watching, them sunglasses on hat on the whistle in his. Mouth he, Says George, kmarre he, says you're a rose. PEDAL i see what he. Says you're a rose. Pedal you look, good but you're, fragile just like a rose. Pedal so that's your. Nickname and then he, said do you want to play big time college? FOOTBALL i, said, yes, SIR i. Do he, said, well listen to me And i'll get you. There and from that moment ON i listened to. Him and it was not. EASY i still. Rebelled but ONCE i started seeing the system and how it could work for, me and how the people, there the, staff the, teachers the coaches were there to help, ME i began to really work. HARD i began to work at my. Craft SO i would spend hours working out in the. GYM i would miss damn and miss, dinner you, know just to get in every single rep THAT i, could BECAUSE i could then see, it taste and feel my opportunity coming now to be ready for. It. Damn, hey that's a good.
Speaker 2: Story, yeah THAT'S i bet that was tough as ship hearing that somebody call you a rose.
Speaker 1: Petal oh, yeah it. Was you look, good but you're. Fragile, hey that's tough. Man, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Tough when do you feel, like because you've alluded to yourself being slow during this, time when do you felk like you started coming to your OWN i assume it At Ohio? State when did you start? Blossoming oh and kind of becoming that? Dude well At Old state or, yeah at O' state was.
Speaker 1: WELL i played some as my friend in my freshman year as a goal line running, back AND i had some success. Early it was a national televised game Against. Syracuse syracuse was, ranged, guys you looked us. UP i think in nineteen ninety two they were ranked a preseason ranked top, fifteen top. Ten it'suted to get the story, right BUT i never left facts getting away with good story. Anyway they were, ranked there were number two in the. COUNTRY i was just, going what year was, it nineteen ninety, two nineteen nineteen ninety, two just type in nineteen ninety, Two syracuse was, ten ring tenth in the. Country that Was that's that's the end of the, year. THOUGH i Bet i'm. Trying. Preseason, yeah ranked tip top, fifteen yeah, yeah, yeah top, ten and they Have Marvin, graves they got the, missile they got a defense that's. Swarming they Beat Ohio state that past year in The Citrus, bowl so they kind of. Know so it's a home game for, them and we're going to carry. Them were huge underdogs going in there on A saturday night game of the. Week, Okay Kirk kurbsey was our, quarterback and you knew we were going to run the football because he can't throw with the damn you know, that, Right and we had we had all this talent Outside Joe galloway and all of, that but we would go two tight ends and hand the ball off to me Or. Raymond but it's long story. Short Robert, smith who was our running, back was kind of, hurt had hurt ribs and he couldn't take on the, loads so we had to share the. Loads SO i was playing running, back good goal line running back that. Night so long story, SHORT i scored three touchdowns that. NIGHT i became Touchdown. Eddie The Ohio state fans loved. Me two weeks, later we play our second biggest rival in The Big ten at the Time illinois and during that, period during the Era illinois owned. Us, okay they would no matter if we're playing them In champagne or down In ohio in The. Columbus they just had our. Number and this was the year we were supposed to beat. Them going to The Rose bull and so. Forth and the first, CARRY i get a goal. Line you, Know i'm, thinking, okay this is the big. Ten Whatever i'm going to. Score i'm, thinking, like How i'm going to score my? Touchdown with my touchdowns going to touchdown celebrations going to be, yeah go and get the, ball go up the. Middle BEFORE i go, down the ball pops out and bounces twice off the, turf and The illinois defended pictures that it runs back ninety seven yards for a. Touchdown oh, shit, yeah shit is? Right yeah. Yeah So i'm, like, Oh i'm. Pissed i'm. Embarrassed i'm, like, DAMN i don't even get a little. Opportunity cooper yells at me, again, goes get, go redeem. Yourself wind up scoring a. TOUCHDOWN i brand somebody square flat over. MAN i was, pissed. Excited. Touchdown, well the game goes on back and, forth back and forth and we finally drive down for the winning. Touchdown he throws me in the. GAME i take the. TOSS i get the, toss nineteen. TOLLS i see the forced defender come. UPFIELD i cut it. Underneath i'm going to make a b line to the, pylon take the next, step get hit in the, back ball flies in the, air fumble. Recovered game. Over my season was done AND i didn't see the field to get into my junior. Year no, ship no. Ship and that was in that moment between my freshmen and sophomore year to my junior, year that that's WHEN i found out WHO i. WAS i had to dig a little bit.
Speaker 2: Deeper, yeah because you're in you, know for people who don't, know like when you have when you drop off kind of like that and you're going through a second year and you're not touching the, field and you're going through two different offseasons where not only are you training hard to get back right, mentally you know every coach probably, teammates like you just, know eyes are on you differently than what you would, like, yes and so you are in some lonely spots, sometimes no.
Speaker 1: Question so when you're fighting, back LIKE i can't wait to hear the next.
Speaker 2: Story like for people who don't, know like coming back from shit that where you feel like you're. Defined want a, fumbler always a, Fumbler like every coach.
Speaker 1: Around that thinks you this like you, can't you, know, teammates it's tough to overcome that tough. Mentally so what happened junior? YEAR i, well how'd you battle back to get that respect back for your? Jam? WELL i bust my, Ass, YEAH i bust my. ASS i MEAN i could have. TRANSFERRED i thought about, transferring but that was only going to follow, me, Right SO i was. That my sophomore year was a little bit better in training, camp but the coaches still didn't trust. Me never got those opportunities, again you, know get mop up duty here and, there play a. Sparently but, yeah SO i had to wait my time because in our in our meeting, room we had three four running backs that all went to THE NFL H Robert, Smith Butler, Banote Raymond, Harris Jeff, cothine all four of them in the. League, yeah SO i had to wait my. Turn so WHAT i did WAS i showed up early six o'clock in the, morning would work, out AND i would come back twice a. DAY i would do two a. Days and you, know you Know Dave kennedy right?
Speaker 2: Now, no, YEAH i KNOW i know him because he was a recruiter of mine BEFORE i went.
Speaker 1: There, okay perfect, well his workouts were notoriously. Difficult, yes guys talked about that all, Yes AND i would do his workouts twice a. Day so all the pain THAT i, felt the hurt THAT i, felt the, embarrassment the, discouragement and all the negative talk that was going on around, ME i used that for fuel for my fire to come back even. Harder so my junior, year there was still speculation that we don't, know he's the, guy got this young recruit coming. In let's split time and speak carries with. Him and the first couple of games WERE i had one hundred yards Against. Washington when we look at the, TAPE i should have had two. Hundred it's missed. OPPORTUNITIES i was, Rattled but it wasn't until LIKE i Played Michigan state In, michigan At Michigan state at Least, lancing where everything just kind of slowed down AND i wound up have my first two hundred yard. Game and then that's when it started to pick up and then my senior year was off the.
Speaker 2: Charts oh, yeah, Yeah heisman. Winner, yeah edged out Of Tommy.
Speaker 1: Fraser, yeah it's like the closest it's is it? Still is it still the THING i think at the, Time, yeah at the.
Speaker 2: Time, yeah closest vote in history at the, Time Tommy fraser shout out Of nebraska fifty.
Speaker 1: Votes, Dude tommy was the beast. Too, listen, Man Tommy, Fraser it's no joke that to beat him out, Right he's an all time, great one of the greatest players ever in college. Football you can talk About Tim. Cheebow cool, right Touchdown, Timmy, Man, listen he was BEYOND i, mean the option was no. Joke they ran that option to perfection with him And Lawrence. Phillips, please back in the, day Many nebraska fans still call me and tweet me about about giving The heisman back To. Tommy, REALLY i took a picture of it to hear the. Troll, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah did you know that one in seven couples experience, Infertility men are responsible for half of all known infertility, cases and one in ten men are fertile are. Infertile daddy Daddy kits are here to normalize the conversation around male reproductive. Health we want to make the process of fertility testing and sperm banking as, comfortable, convenient and cost effective as.
Speaker 1: Possible no longer do you have.
Speaker 2: To travel to a sperm, bank masturbate in an uncomfortable room in wait weeks to receive. Results daddy has developed a high tech at home sperm Kit collection which allows you to test and store your sperm all without leaving the comfort of your own. Home you get your results within twenty four hours of receiving your, sample so that's a huge. Plus these services through sperm banks usually cost thousands of. Dollars you don't want to pay. That you don't want to be a get in an uncomfortable facility with white walls and magazines and stuff like. That daddy's done a great job of providing and honing in on those needs by allowing you to test at home getting results within twenty four.
Speaker 1: HOURS i mean it's the setup is.
Speaker 2: Easy daddy provides an at home collection, kit a lab tested fertility, report free overnight, shipping and a free year of cryogenic sperm, storage all for one with an option to store sperm for ninety nine dollars a year after the first free. Year so this IS i, mean it's as cost efficient as you can.
Speaker 1: Get. Boys this is a huge give.
Speaker 2: Boy this is a huge, discount no hidden costs or, fees and you can unsubscribe at any, time.
Speaker 1: So there's zero risk.
Speaker 2: Involved you do it and then you figure, Out, OKAY i don't want to go through with. This you can unsubscribe and you won't get. Charged Because daddy are huge fans of, barstool Specifically busting with The, boys they're offering our listeners a limited time offer for any new customers coming Via barstool podcast or providing fifty dollars off their. Purchase go To daddy kid dot com spell DAD i and insert discount Code busting fifty at checkout to order your kit. Today so this is another gift we put in the care packages as more of like you know what to do with your camp eyes laf YadA. YadA but guys have came up to me since.
Speaker 1: Then now you, KNOW i can't wait to use this or store or store their sperm for years in advance or when they're ready and just talk about how much it's it's honestly like it changes the game because, again you don't have to go into you don't have to go anywhere to do. This you can order.
Speaker 2: It ship's right to, you and you can get all take care of it. Home but, again go to daddy kid dot com and insert discount code busting fifty at.
Speaker 1: Checkout get your kid.
Speaker 2: Today, boys that's. Awesome so you. Go, Man so, really, hey you had the battle, there.
Speaker 1: Get through junior.
Speaker 2: YEAR i assume you finished out the ju your junior, year once you started hitting your, stride had a phenomenal senior. Year you go on and get drafted in the first. Round it was winning The? Heisman would you say one of the highlights of it looking back moments without a, doubt, man just because Probably i'm sure it's an emotional night lay The heisman when you think about your mom making that choice in high, school overcome what you overcame in college And i'm getting to that. Point you, see you're on a pedestal at the, time but people never really see right what you got to.
Speaker 1: Go ahead to go. THROUGH i, mean just five years before, THAT i wasn't at uh a fourth union and getting ready for a march to wait For March march five years getting a rose. Pedal. Yeah well before, yeah before, THAT i was six fight pounds AND i used to nineteen eighty, EIGHT i would practice my heisman speech in the mirror of my grandmother's. House really, yep AND i promise you, MAN i would look up at the stars and ask and Tell, GOD i know you have something special for. ME i have no idea How i'm going to get there or when or, what BUT i know it's coming and it's like a whirl when it just it just. Happened so when the heisman was a very surreal. Moment BUT i wasn't, surprised BUT i was, like, damn that really just. Happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's kind of like those are you a fan? Of like The law of attraction and stuff like. That it's like one of those things where you're in your mind you're, Like i'm not, surprised but it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy that it's.
Speaker 2: Happened happened right BECAUSE i was seeing it before all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff visualizing, it seeing, it. Feeling there's so much to, that so much to. Prayer you, know prayer is a very powerful tool that we can lie or it only goes as far as much as you believe. It if you don't believe it by, faith then it's not going to. Happen but if you really believe it and you have faith in the, vision you have faith in the, dream and you work on that part of you every single day that you get. Up you bend your will To god's purpose for, you and trust in the visions and the dreams and the intuitions that you have about your purpose in. Life you will you will see things unfold for. You but the moment that you doubt it and, said, Well i'm gonna Test god like it only it only happens for those so those idiots they go to church every, weekend or those those people that you know just believe in psalms and read The bible every. Day if you have that, attitude then it will never happen for.
Speaker 2: You, well usually those attitudes come when something hard actually happens for. Them but somebody will get. Believing they'll get you, know they'll listen to a speech by you and then go off Like i'm gonna do this and that in the moment like you get some, pushback like you got To he's that same energy even in those moments.
Speaker 1: That the pushback is the blessing right, right every superher hero has to have, it has to have a, demon has to have an. Enemy you got to have that adversary that's going to bring the best out of. You when you get your ass, kicked you get your teeth knocked, in and you get kicked in the, gut how are you going to? Respond? Right you know What i'm. Saying how do you? Respond that's the beauty of. It and it happens in, business it happens in, football it happens in every aspect of, life as a, father as a, husband as whatever it. Is you want to get tested because the dream is so, Big you're going to have some. Pushback you want to have some. Resistance, yeah, YEAH i like.
Speaker 2: That so now you go To. Tennessee, obviously your career speaks for itself. Phenomenal talk a little bit about some of your ups and downs being In. Tennessee titan first.
Speaker 1: Three years were, difficult having no, identity my, Fault Houston, Oilers, Houston Houston oilers first round the, year the first, YEAR, yep and played in front of eighteen thousand fans on the. Average that was very. Difficult coming From Ohio state to the league and seeing just, like, wow this is this is the?
Speaker 2: League, right what would the wild moment speak on like the wow this is the league because you know we might, know but give people perspective on what you.
Speaker 1: Mean, well At Ohio state we had at the, time we had a, big huge hot. Tub we had great tubs. Exactly we had a practice, helmet a game, helmet game, shoes practice, shoes practice, pass game pass everything you, want everything you wanted down to the. Detail it's even worse now you even it's even. Better. Now excuse me with with guys how they get. Pampered WHEN i got To, houston it was a ben with jockstraps in, it and you go in, there you get your, job strap, out shake it, out you look at it as any ball stains on it or, whatever and then it was good to go to use. Yours And i'm, like what part of the game is. This it looked like the facility was literally in like a former post office building. Transformed that's fucking, nuts, right it is meeting and you're, Thinking, yo this is THE. Nfl this is THE. Nfl like the meeting the meeting rooms you had like wooden tables you would seat your grandmother's house and chairs wrapped around. It for, lunch we had to go down the street to go to this little bodega and get like popeye chicken or. Sandwiches and it was nothing like you would ever imagine gout professional athlete guys smoking cigarettes and shit out the parking. LOT i mean it was it was, like this is, crazy and that was the. Culture but they that's how They that's how they did In. Houston once they announced that we were Leaving houston and going To, tennessee there was a ghost. Town it was nobody coming to the, game so there was no support attic going to be there for two years in this. Scenario and the attendance was so. Bad our last, GAME i think it was Against. BALTIMORE i think it may have been seven thousand or less in the, stands and that's including the concession stands. Workers oh my. God you can hear conversations like intimate they read the hot, Dogs get the fucking hot dogs right. Now you can hear somebody talking about what they did last week or problems that are going on in the. Stands, yeah and it was the craziest. Environment but the first three years were, very very. Tough playing In memphis was it was a.
Speaker 4: Travesty and playing In memphis was the first, year our first Year tennessee tight because we had Coach fisher on and he was talking about the dynamic of going and playing In memphis and traveling back and at first you were something About.
Speaker 1: Vanderbilt er maybe At Tennessee state you were using their. Facilities there's In Tennessee states. Facilities, yeah what are we? Doing yeah, yeah, Yeah Tennessee state. Facilities go back and forth TO uh To. Memphis every game was it was an away. Game we stayed LIKE i, THINK i want to, say a motel Six, no, yeah like for when we went To. Memphis so that was not like we had the best of. Anything we had to take cabs over To, hey what were some of the wildest motel six? Stories oh? Many we Would, well she was only there for one, night so it was it wasn't a whole lot that we could, do but just to prove that the rooms were being cleaned every, Week, yeah we would leave like a piece of like gum war or or an old sandwich underneath the blanket where the extra blake it, is to see if it will be there when we got. Back and lo and. Behold it was there the entire. Year. Ship yeah it. WAS i mean it was gutter, man it was gutn but it developed the toughness to. Us so once we got here in nineteen ninety nine and we saw the facility, built we saw the the stadium go, up and when we walked in that stadium on a preseason game and it was, packed it was, like oh, shit we gotta win starting right. Now there's no time to bullshit, here there's no time to put a bad product on the. Field so we don't have any. Fans this Was that was. It that was that Was that was The michigan ingredient for. Us and that's when things just. Shifted you. Know we went from no mads to.
Speaker 2: Kings you have some cold, tubs you have some hot tubs with that the facility that was.
Speaker 1: Back then right. Then still it's still different. Now, yeah we had a huge hot, Tub we had a huge. Goal you could fit thirty guys in the cold tub at. ONCE i, mean all of this stuff that that we wish we, Had, like oh my, god now you go over, there it's even That oh yeah, yeah, yeah it's really. Better, yeah it's way. Better, man but, yeah that's those are the those are the glory. Days.
Speaker 2: Man you know my rookie, year so coming From nebraska high up facilities as, well and then going to The washington football. Team it like my after our first, PRACTICE i remember coming in and thinking, Like, yo we're the cold tubs and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like what what's going?
Speaker 2: On because the cafeterias are weird in like every team at. First but you walk into the training room and off on like some side room Like rack Or Rat Brian Rackpo London. Fletcher they're like they have water hoses putting these these tubs, together just these little binds that they, had like you know from outside like oh yeah this is how we's how we you know, right this is how we got to do it here, man until we get some tubs next. Year BUT i was, Thinking, yo this is THE. Nfl, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Surprising and it was way it was way. Different, yeah money went into players compared.
Speaker 2: To in, college it goes into the. Facilities, now nineteen ninety, nine that year you guys go to The Super. Bowl talk to us about that. Year we talk to us about what it's like playing for Coach. Fish how you guys all handled the. Transition like you, said now you've got fans in the, stadium you're trying to, basically, hey we want to win and keep this the way it.
Speaker 1: Is we got to show out for these.
Speaker 2: Guys talk about that transition of going into playing that.
Speaker 1: Season, yeah it. Was it was a lot of things. Changing it was the, uniforms it was the. Name the fans were part of the process of naming, us the tightness and we we we felt a genuine love with. Them Coach fisher was masterful of bringing us From houston To nashville because we were still. Competitive we went eight and eight during those, years and everybody looks at his record eight and? Eight what the FUCK i, mean think about what he had to deal. With, yeah like that's that shit ain't, easy, RIGHT i mean to try to get a team ready every single, week selling us on what you, know with with no, fans like come, on, like that's that's to be, commendable to put a product out, there to do the best you. Can we could have easily went one and, twelve and it were one in fifteen and and and that was okay because there was no pressure there for us to, win so to come up with creative ways to sell the game plan every single, week and we were dead. Tired we there was no was no incentive really to play other than for each. Other those were some tough. Years so once we got everything in place and we finally had a sense that we that we, mattered and it was it was, like oh, god you can feel it in the and you can feel the. Energy and training camp in nineteen ninety, nine BECAUSE i was in my third, Year steve was coming into his. Own we had picked just drafted some, receivers young, Receivers Kevin, dyson we just Drafted Javon. Curse. Yeah now that was literally, like oh, god we can Really we already had a good, defense but he set it.
Speaker 2: Off because he had that rookie year that was like he couldn't use uneptional.
Speaker 1: Man he was. Unblockable and then you throw in the fans where it was the loudest stadium in the league at the. Time they thought we were piping sound in. It so it was. Raucous it was a hornous ness when you walked into A dulphia stadium and you had to deal with a team that was nasty that, said, look we're gonna run the ball thirty times you're not gonna even worry about throwing it, vertical but you're gonna have to deal with us in the box for sixty plus. Minutes he's gonna be iron fists for sixty more plus. Minutes are you man enough to deal with? That? Yeah you know What i'm. Saying that's the mentality that we. Had and it was a beautiful. Thing you. Know we were, nasty were, grimy work going throw up. Three we're gonna beat you ten to nine thirteen three, yeah, yeah pacifire, mouth no, doubt. Man and that's we're gonna get. It the old the ski mask, quay you, know that's how we could do. It and h ninety nine was a great. Year we did not lose a game in that stadium at all that that, YEAR i think for the first our first two or three, years and have never lost a home. Game. Damn. Yeah now let's get to the Super. Bowl how how how often do you still think about The Super? Bowl you? Know it comes up almost every day in some. Capacity hey that's, tough. Man well it's. Not it's, not, NO i, know But i'm saying like, that like, here and here's, Why because it was it's tougher in THE Afc Championship game to get, there that's the toughest game to play in. Too that's a that's a grind out, war and it's survival of the fittest in that. Game so to get to The Super bowl was, like, ah, okay we're, here and it's that's the. Reward to play for the ultimate prize and to have battled the way we, Did i'm okay with. That i'm okay with. That it let me, know like at that moment When Kevin dyson stretched out his arm didn't cross the goal line and the confetti's flying, everywhere it was, like, damn we just experienced. This we didn't. Win it hurts like, hell but it sparked something in us that we knew we had something special for a certain window of. Time SO i remember after that, game we flew back To nashville and we're supposed to supposed to The Pro, bowl AND i Told, JEFF i, said, look, Man i'm thinking about not even going to The Pro. Bowl you, KNOW i want to get started on next year right. NOW i think HE'S i think he's mentioned that on the right right, now like not, tomorrow but right, Now i'm Gonna i'm gonna get stretched out'na, recovered But i'm hitting the. Hills i'm gonna go on the. Sabbatical i'm gonna go and train in the. Mountains i'm gonna go The rocky, style you, know club lane, style you know What i'm, saying where the rats are rolling around and the pipes are growing, out you, know you know that that type. Ship that's that's WHAT i was. On and, UH i was that hungry for it to have, that to be that close to winning. It and now that taste in your, mouth, man is. Intoxicating it's, addictive AND i wanted, that AND i felt like that STAGE i felt comfortable being. ON i Enjoyed That's that's WHERE i belonged on a on a stage like that. Consistently my goal was to get back there. Consistently and of course you know that the story behind, that BUT i did so knowing.
Speaker 2: That you don't ever go back and think like there's a, like is there anything else that could have been executed differently on that final?
Speaker 1: Play? Oh, YEAH i think. That is there any a different play you wish would have been?
Speaker 2: Called is there a different moment in that game THAT i, mean you know all those things you said was.
Speaker 1: MADE i, mean we're at the two yard.
Speaker 2: Line here We, hey by the, way a hell of a fucking tackle By Mike jones.
Speaker 1: Death, yeah he he played he played it. Well Kevin dyson could take a step further and THAT. O that's that was. It that was that was the. Play and they rushed the field and that and that's and so all she, Wrote but hindsight twenty, twenty, man we battled like. Warriors, Man AND i remember being in the huddle before this, play AND i said to, myself regardless of what, Happens i'm gonna hold my head up high because this is a, team the greatest show on. Turf was supposed to blow us out seventeen points or, whatever and we beat them earlier in that year two so had we gone into, overtime that defense was so. Tired it was it was our game to. Win so you, know WHEN i look, back, yeah we, lost but people remember that game and they have long lasting relationships and friendship from. It i've distracted so, much so many lessons in life about that THAT i can teach to my sons using my. Speeches so it's served its. Purpose it really. Did, YEAH i like that uh silver lining on it.
Speaker 2: Too the how you use it as influenced absolutely speeches and things like. That, obviously everyone knowing that we would have you on the, bus everybody included.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on the, baby because you couldn't do it because you. Baby taylor had a, Baby taylor Had REMEMBER i have no, baby not. YET i just. Arried next, YEAR i just got how'd you do?
Speaker 2: IT i we were out In oakland and we were about to fly To denver for our last, game AND i had had a plan to do it that year in some, capacity AND i was.
Speaker 1: Running out of. Time and WHEN i went To, Oakland i'm, like all, right how AM i going to swing?
Speaker 2: This SO i got to set up at this local at this local, restaurant set this que little spot up by the, window a little two. Seater and she'd always wanted a love note from. Me and you, know some the masculinity kicks at the times and you're, Like i'm not going to write you a love. Note but something clicked to my.
Speaker 1: HEAD i was, Like, okay if she's always want to love not for like her birthday or, Something i'm gonna do it for our.
Speaker 2: Engagement SO i wrote a very well written love. Letter gave it to her as like a birthday. Card she opened it. UP i said she had to read it aloud so that WAY i.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't fumble a, a so that WAY i wouldn't fumble over my.
Speaker 2: Words and she doesn't know at, first and then she gets in the last paragraph and she realizes coming, together she starts tearing. UP i get. OUT i moved the little table to the. SIDE i get down on a knee and crying WHILE i was tearing. Up But i'm like THE pda. Stuff it bothers. Me so getting over the hump being in public doing, it it was like a Big it was just a big. STEP i was, like here's WHAT i gotta do it in front of, people got a face one, Fears but.
Speaker 1: Yeah it. Was and it is dope because you create the moment in time that she'll never. Forget that's a memory that she'll never. Forget i'm glad you did it right too. Well thank you wrote a love. Letter wrote a love. LETTER i used to write love letters all the time back in grade. School when you're, like you, know writing some notes and you pass in the. Hallway but you know how it is this day and age man, like are your kids at the, right THEY'RE dm and. Stuff that's What i'm. Saying it's different now like body, parts like LIKE i SEE i see the ship that goes on in my. Household, yeah And i'm, like, look, hey cut this ship out right, now you cut it. Out, yeah you, Know i'm not gonna put. Myself he's never know, that not like. That but, yeah, yeah, yeah kids are it's different. Nowadays but it really is.
Speaker 2: Different but, anyway now we have the letter hanging, up so it was really. Good but WHAT i was going to ask you, was, yeah there it is right.
Speaker 1: There very, nice very. Nice, yeah beautiful. Girl. Man yeah that, yeah thank you. MAN i definitely.
Speaker 2: Did but going back to that year and just talking playing on The titans in, general everyone always loves to know what it was like stories Of steve McNair playing With. Eve you, know what teaching lessons you might have taken from him as a, teammate a, player a man off the, field any of that stuff that you might. Use, now what was, it, like what's something that exemplifies your guys', relationship your guys is being on the field. Together what are Some steve McNair stories that you might.
Speaker 1: Have, WELL i was a fan Of steve coming coming From Ohio state into, COLLEGE i mean into the Pro excuse. Me he went to All Corn state ON hbcu In, mississippi and his he was. LEGEND i mean, shit he graced the cover Of Sports, illustrated hands them The. HEISMAN i mean he's breaking all types of, records and you, know he was just an awesome. Athlete to to to, KNOW i mean he finished third or second in The Heisman Trophy Maham Rashaan, salaam and he was. Everything but to become his, teammate to get to Know steve. Intimately he was the type that wouldn't allow people in if he didn't. Know he was very protective of his feelings and what he thought and so. Forth so it was really tough to get beyond the exterior Of Io steve. Was he didn't trust a lot of. People but once he lets you, in, man he was just come on his bus and flip flops and a glass of moonshine and you, know dipping his mouth coming from. Fishing he was just a country boy at. Heart he was more country. Boy loved being a country boy than loved being a football. Player you, know he loved his. Family he was a family man and and that's that's who he. Was loved his. Teammates and there were times after practice Every, friday every Single, friday we would uh at the when we were The. Titans he was he would get catfish and hush puppies and and get some, beer you, know and sit out and talk talk ship in the in the back office and the equipment room and just just vibees watch you. Know Every, friday would we would do. THAT i love those days because the days were over a short day getting out Good. Friday. Man it was the absolute. Best and he would give you the shirt off office's back for, you you. Know and that's how he. WAS i remember a time WHEN i was was a worst game THAT i probably played as a. Pro it was A monday night game Against. Baltimore fumbled the balls coming off of a toe. Injury my mother wind up winds up getting arrested for, something and uh coming to the game and it's and the final after the game, Show i'm like feeling really, low you, know dad and this and barracked all this, stuff and he calls me up and it's just, hey two seven, man let's go out and get something to. Eat you, KNOW i know how you're. Feeling and he was that type of type of, teammate you, know always protecting his. Brothers BUT i watched this, man you, know deal with a lot of adversity during his time as a. Quarterback being An African american, quarterback he had to door a. Lot it took him time to find his. GAME i think there were times when we handcuffed him because of his. Abilities steve was a quarterback that wasn't the, pockets stand in the, pocket throw the ball down field type of. Guy and he could do those, things but he needed weapons around. Him he needed to be the highlight of the. Offense he wasn't the type of this play action and then throw it to the. Flat you. Know he had, special special skill. Set so it wasn't until two thousand and one two that they really began to put the reins in his hands and allow him to, become you, know the wizard on the. Field he really went from an elementary offense to be coming to having a PhD literally on the field calling his own, plays going five wives and we didn't even have the. Plays we needed to go over the plays and. Practice he would know how to check and manipulate the defense and win the, run win the. SLIDE i mean just all the nuances that you wanted to see out of a. Quarterback and he has watched his confidence grow over time where he can put the ball on your ear. Lob but there was also a time when he couldn't throw a five yeard out because his confidence was so. Low so to watch the drastic difference from one player to the next was incredible to see, that and it was all based off of one thing was. Perseverance he persevered through the, doubt through the, naysayers through personal, doubt through his own personal, demons not wanting to play the. Game there was a game when Against Kansas city when he got hit in the. Sternum he was boot off the, field didn't want to play football. AGAIN i wanted to come back two or three weeks. Later ah just cold off the bench in the fourth quarter through the game. Win he touchdown Against pittsburgh and three. Rivers so it was all those little things, that, man this dude is just mentally. Tough he was physically, tough but more so mentally inspiracy tough than anything.
Speaker 2: Else damn are there are there a couple of plays that would define you guys as arguably being the two Best titans that ever put on a, uniform or are there a couple of plays like you're in the moment he might go off cuff and be, like, hey now we're gonna do, this or some you know something that's, like, uh would be fun to to kind of know about that doesn't go with the ebbs and flows of every other.
Speaker 1: Story, Well steve during HIS mvp year wouldn't practice during the. Week oh really? Nah he would always as TO, qb would not practice during the. Week we did not see. Him he was in the in the training room taking a. Nap He'll Sanford AND's son the price is, Right matt lock all. Out that was his. Thing he would watch all those shows and they would come out to. Practice because he was banged up a. Lot so we were In New. York we were playing In New York. GIANTS i think we lost suggest a week before and he could not move like his. TOE i think he had a toe injury or a knee. Injury he was banged up from head to toel and we were losing the. GAME i think a boy like fourteen, points fifteen points or something like, that and he led us to a, COMEBACK i mean just with five, wives no, HUDDLE i think for the last for the last, quarter and he led us to a comeback in A New york. Market and that to me was just so impressive because he never gave. Up he never shied away from. Adversity even when we were down and. Losing he always was going to come up and show. Up another thing About steve, too and when he was in, college he Played Youngstown state In youngstown and it's blistering, cold it's like fifteen below, zero playing in the playoff, game and he's not he's not playing. Well he knows he's leaving the next year after the, season but he continues to play deep into the fourth quarter and there getting their asses kicked in the, cold and continues to fight for his teammates in. Himself so he is another example of how selfless he was as a quarterback and as a. Person it's.
Speaker 2: Amazing, yeah that, Was, uh that's, wild. MAN i, mean how how how do you when you first heard the?
Speaker 1: News what went through your mind when he had you, know and everything went down and. Happened, WELL i DIDN'T i didn't believe. IT i didn't want to believe, it but when it was confirmed it was still is a. Shot, yeah there's something you never get, over you, know the moment you find. OUT i was driving back From, atlanta my life and my. Son we were coming back to celebrate The fourth Of, july and it was not a cloud in the. Sky it was a hot summer, day and as we got closer to town and the words started to, spread it just felt like it was like a haze over the. City it started to rain and pour for three, days for three, days and the city was just. Down it was like the worst loss you can ever. Imagine and you go to, sleep wake up hoping that it was just a bad, dream but only realized that that's what it, was and all the things that went around, it you, know was just even more. Devastating, yeah you know WHAT i, Mean, yeah no.
Speaker 2: Doubt and then everybody's probably, pulling you, know one to hear, yeah, yeah because you're, Ready, george and you, know, yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Man we actually had shout, out you, Know Matt, NEELY. Rp Matt, neely we had our first social media guy producer for the. Bus he passed on. Us so suddenly last year he would have been my man would have had a he WOULD i had a chubby back, there like it's so ecstatic that.
Speaker 1: You were on the, bomb, Man but that one was sudden, too, man and it was that's just. Crazy that's why you have to take every day as a. Blessing. Bro you can't take any day for. Granted you know What i'm, Saying you really have. To just waking up is the. Gift LIKE i can get up and if you can, walk see touch, here all your elements in alignment and are in good. SHAPE i, mean that's another. Blessing and the fact that you can see your loved ones and they're doing well is another. Blessing because there will come a time when your numbers, called your numbers called.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, yeah, well shifting from a shifting to A i wouldn't say lighter, note BUT i want to talk about your transition to from The titans To dallas and how that transition. Was, now did you was your contract up and you went To dallas where you? Traded were you? RELEASED i was? Released talk about that?
Speaker 1: Time, well that time was tough BECAUSE i could see the writing on the. WALL i was a little long in the tooth age, WISE i was thirty thirty one years. OLD i had a lot of knowledge on my. Body of, course they wanted me to take a pay cut and, said, OKAY i. CAN i can do, that but to what, extent you, know to the point WHERE i wasn't going to be protected in terms of, well if they could they wanted to cut me in the middle of the season or during, preseason they could do that with no. Repercussions SO i just wanted a little more reassurance that what you say was you going to, do is you're going to. Do you're going to allow me to come, in get my body, right come back and you, know just got my veteran at this. Time just let me ride out. Hard you, KNOW i still want to be able to get the. Opportunities that's WHAT i wanted wanted to. Do but they had plans of making me the second down, guy only limiting me to a certain amount of. Plays and that's, fine but in terms of the dollar, VALUE i had TO i had to protect, that and we just never could see out of eye on. That SO i, said, Okay Bill, parcells he does well with. Veterans there could be a resurgence. There they have a talented. Roster they Had Keyshawn, Johnson Terry, Glenn Vinny Testa verity was the. Quarterback they had a nice offensive, line a defense that was was young but, nasty AND i had visions of being that back that Oj anderson was for him at The New York, giants and uh SO i took a. Chance so this is gonna be real. Quick that transition was the absolute. Worst, okay was it bad outing With?
Speaker 2: Tennessee was there a better taste in your?
Speaker 1: Mouth leave In? Tennessee it was BECAUSE i played them on A monday night game in the, preseason and our fans traveled down down to the, game and on our sideline there were like twenty seven number twenty seven jerseys crossed out and you're this. One you're On dallas When i'm On. Dallas and that was hurtful Because i'm, like, DAMN i helped build that brand to what It yeah it, was and Now i'm in A dallas uniform and Only god knows what's going to happen now IS i have no idea how this whole thing's going to shake. Out and that's that's why it was a bad breakup between You tennessee fans and, You oh it. Was it was a bad. Breakup oh, man it was. Not it was not the storybook ending THAT i hoped for and hoping to go To dallas to kind of alleviate the, pain but it only just compounded the. Pain it just really spread BECAUSE i saw THAT i was going to have another opportunity to play football. Again so that and that was.
Speaker 2: It, now did you know transitioning to The dallas that had this could possibly be my last year in THE.
Speaker 1: NFL i knew it was going to be my, last either my last year With dallas or With tennessee one or the. OTHER i wasn't quite. SURE i, mean, GRANTED i had one thousand yards coming off a thousand yards, season right, Yeah SO i don't know if the production was justified to, say you, know we need to he didn't have it. Anymore but WHEN i went To, DALLAS i kind of felt my heart that my love for the game was not the, same and the guys in locker room was, different AND i couldn't play for a. PAYCHECK i just couldn't do. IT i wasn't going to play just to get to SAY i got a rank somewhere and had nothing to do with. It so it was time for me to move on to something. Different, yeah that's always it's always, tough, man you, know going to different locker going to a different locker, room especially in your, situation like you, know doing what you did for the state Of.
Speaker 2: Tennessee and when you mentioned the whole it's hard to play for a, Paycheck like like when you play, football, dude you there's got to's there's a level of commitment no matter no matter. What and the way it sounded like from Coach fisher and then the way you alluded to during high school and college and everything like, that the work ethic that you put into. It it's just when you lose a little bit of that, passion it's you just see it. Differently, yeah you just see it. Differently like it's just you start looking like just another directions for different. Things and like when you lose that passion of playing ball and like wanting to like you, know put your face and, everything and then that kind of just goes. Away it's just it's. Different it's harder to play for that, paycheck it really.
Speaker 1: Is it really is just like why AM i doing? This and then you start Thinking i'm wearing a Number i'm wearing a number on my back right, now And i'm thirty something years. Old it's a young man's. Game so what's the next. Game If i'm wearing a number on my back And i've gotten paid fairly well on my my, career what is the guy that's writing the? Paycheck what is he? Worth how does he make his? Money how to get to where he wanted to. Be that's the next, step you. KNOW i want to be the check writer versus having someone dictate my. Future so that's around that. Time that's WHEN i began to start reading business, books reading books on, corporations reading books on great leaders Like Jack, welch you, know ge and good to, great you, know at that particular, time just just just doving into different owners in terms of how they conducted their. Business say what you want About Jerry. Jones the man is a beast. MAN i, mean, yeah. PERIOD i have a lot of respect AND i Love Jerry. Jones he's an. Entrepreneur he gets, it and he understands. Marketing he understands how to leverage his. BRAND i, Mean Dan dallas IS i think the wealthiest team and all of. Sports oh, yeah and it hadn't won the championship since nineteen ninety. TWO i mean that says a. Lot ninety, seven ninety, SIX i think was it ninety? SIX i think ninety. Six you're, right she's in front of h thank you for. That it was the ninety, six, right it came out in ninety, Six so you, know he understands. That AND i have a great deal of respect for a guy like. That you, know he gave me an opportunity to come play for. Him BUT i just saw something different in terms of how you run different businesses from a different, perspective you, know but did it his, way but Certainly Jerry jones did his. Way so that That's those are the things that inspired. Me my ending inspired me to jump into, business into, entertainment into, entrepreneurship and to. Education and it, was you, know everything happens for a, reason.
Speaker 2: Right right, NOW i came ACROSS i came across an article where you talk about some of the challenges you had transitioning and retiring going through. That going from you, Know i've Talking i've had conversations WITH i mean multiple.
Speaker 1: Guys you know you probably were the same.
Speaker 2: Way but you sit there and you're you, know you're in steam rooms or hot to up cold tub and you're just kind of talking about next chapters and stuff like. That you're just, thinking, man it's like you go. THROUGH i TELL i try to tell young guys and guys Like i've went. THROUGH i was twenty three WHEN i.
Speaker 1: Came into the.
Speaker 2: League so you, know however Long i've worked to get to the league at twenty three years. Old Now i'm sitting here at thirty going on thirty. One but you, Know i'm on the back nine of my. Career but let's say my career was. OVER i worked UNTIL i was twenty three years old to play a seven year. Career, now, granted it's the dream that we always wanted in you're, after but it was our entire like mindset and life and identity all the way up until. Now you're trying to figure out what's going to be that next roller, coaster like the highs and lows of a roller, Coaster like what's going to be that next like adrenaline, dump because.
Speaker 1: That's what we. Get we, go we go to. That we played d one.
Speaker 2: Ball you were A heisman, Winner You're rookie of The, Year YOU'RE i, mean you Made tennessee into what it is that close to A Super. Bowl you were the man like you were you were you Were Eddie George Tennessee, titan and then you got to go into this chapter of retirement when, say, hey the treads wearing off like you once you figure out you're a, commodity it's a hard pill to swallow that your the tires are just wearing and, hey we're gonna have to get a new vehicle.
Speaker 1: In here the number one in your back, Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah can you talk about some of those stressful times when you right after retirement and then figuring out that next.
Speaker 1: Step, yeah it was a difficult one, exciting but, difficult and it was more about finding your next passion or finding the next purpose in your. Life you realize that football is a, platform not your. Purpose whether you've achieved great things like The hall Of, Fame Pro, Bowler All pro or just simply played for seven, years it's just still a. Platform it's what you do with it and identifying your purpose with that. Thereafter so it felt LIKE i was in the twilight zone WHEN i first. Retired dealt with migraine headaches because of, stress dealt with, anxiety couldn't sleep at night in a gut full of, butterflies not, wondering wondering what's going to happen the next. DAY i was not happy at all in my life at that particular. Time my wife was, pregnant so all those things were just very difficult to try to make it all make, Sense, Like, damn what DID i just go? Through how DID i get to this? Point what DO i do? Now? But? Fuck who AM? I you? Know for so many YEARS i, nurtured, cultivated perfected my craft as a running back known as a running. Back now that's? Gone what's? Next i'm thirty one years. OLD i wasn't born to play football and.
Speaker 2: Die as we all get a little more settled into this new normal version of, Summer Bespoke post is here with customized boxes of awesomeness for the, fellas guaranteed to upgrade your. Life these boxes come in all sorts of. Categories i'm talking, whiskey, glasses, cigars manly shit dude THAT i think you guys will all. Enjoy Bespoke posts only sends guys the best stuff every, month no matter what you're. Into box of awesome as you covered from style and grooming products to, barwear cooking, tools outdoor. Gear box Of awesome has carefully built collections for every part of your life to be the best man you can. Be to get, started take the quiz at boxofawesome dot. Com your answers will help them pick the Right box Of awesome for.
Speaker 1: You so it's. Pretty it's.
Speaker 2: SIMPLE i was on there a few weeks, ago and immediately it talks about. Whiskeys it talks about, whiskey, glasses, kits, cigars all the bar where, stuff things that just like really tailored to like what you're. Into if you're not into, it you just say not, interested so it won't even be in the. Box they release new boxes every, month tons of different. Categories it's free to sign up and you can skip a month or cancel any. Time each box costs only around forty five bucks but has over seventy dollars.
Speaker 1: Worth of gear.
Speaker 2: Inside get twenty percent off your first monthly box when you sign up at boxofawesome dot Com, again That's boxofawesome dot. Com entercode busting at checkout and get twenty percent off your first box for the last. Time it's busting code busting at boxofwesome dot com to get twenty percent off back to the, episode you, know, Right so we're on such a calendar, Year like when you get, done you're In Coach fisher's, Office, HEY i don't want to go to The Pro. BOWL i want to work on Next april when we get To when we get to, work then it's training. Camp how AM? I how's my body gonna? Look how AM i gonna feel going into training? Camp then it's about maintaining not losing, much you, know having to excel at training, camp not get. Injured and then from then on it's it's week to. Week what's the? Mission every? Week and now when the mission is kind of, like, yo WHAT'S i don't have to wake up the next day and go in the team.
Speaker 1: Day it's the beautiful, part right, Right then it's LIKE i want to settles.
Speaker 2: In it's like, yeah The then the next season happens and you're starting to like watch and you're, like, yo what what AM i trying to figure?
Speaker 1: Out? Yeah, yeah so that all of that played a part into. It SO, i, UH i went to different. AVENUES i relied on my. EDUCATION i got into. ACTING i started to study. Acting you're On, broadway, Right, YEAH i went On. Broadway BUT i, STARTED i did work. HERE i was Doing shakespeare here in, Town Julius Caesar, othello did a few dramatic, plays a streetcar Named, desire Whipping, man all of that with a rep and that enabled me to really find my artistic, voice find my true authentic voice as in, person as a, man learning how to, write learning how to express. Myself but it was cathartic for me to release all of. That it was, Healing it was. Therapeutic it's not, therapy but it's therapeutic for me to go through all of that and to express it and to really identify with what just, happened and to make sense out of it and use it for my next. Purpose use it in my, speeches use it in my, business use it in a way to, communicate and on so many different levels through, film through. Theater And i've been blessed to the point WHERE i did perform On broadway in twenty. Sixteen that's, awesome you. Know And i'm doing things on the front of the camera as an, actor was in Cis la And The ballers and all of, this and it just leads itself to new opportunities of self expression and the same adrilla That i've gotten on the. FIELD i get in theater because it's, live it's, visceral it's it's a, team it's it's telling a story and imaginary. Circumstances you have to rely on the other actors to help you and you help. Them so it's it's all of that and to do that night after night on A broadway. Stage And i've done The chicago In New, york In chicago And, toronto all over the country pretty, MUCH lau and that was just an awesome experiences that could hold like being in the locker room. Again, yeah you, know from that, perspective and it was a wonderful. Experience it continues to grow and develop in my life in so many different. Aspects, now it's that experience of being on stage and being. Vulnerable, yeah you, know how'd you find? Acting acting found? Me, ACTUALLY i wanted to be able to be a better. COMMUNICATOR i wanted. To i'm LIKE i get. Old WHEN i get into, SOMETHING i study, IT i do cross training with, IT i do all types of stuff to do best at. It and WHEN i got into, commentating that's WHAT i wanted to. DO i wanted to be a, more, better communicator and storyteller and just have different tools to rely. On SO i, said let me get into, acting and BECAUSE i was still getting parts and opportunities to do. That but it wasn't UNTIL i jumped on stage THAT i really felt the bug for, like, ooh this is. DIFFERENT i mean literally going on stage for the first time is like stripping, down you, know naked and then walking out. There, YEAH i mean. Nervous were you before the first time you go out on. Stage my first time on stage was extremely. Nervous i'm pacing back and forth and you can't, react LIKE i can't make somebody miss, there run somebody. Over you got to stick to the. Script, Yeah AND i completely went. BLANK i saw the bright, lights felt the, heat got stage, fright and it was all. Over started making up shit on the spot and got through. It BUT i, said you know, what that was such a rush for, me AND i was not going to be defined or defeated by. That i'm going to go perfect. It and that's WHAT i. Did you, know that's.
Speaker 2: Awesome do you feel like you took the disciplines and the everything you learned From ball and you're, like, Yeah i'm just going to maneuver it and put it in a different verbiage and the same type of, practices and without a, doubt energy and effort into this the.
Speaker 1: Same work ethic THAT I i applied to my craft in, FOOTBALL i put it into, acting the same exact. THING i took voice, lessons, yeah you, know singing lessons to help my speaking. Voice but my, coach my acting, Coach Anna Maria, franzella who's no longer with, us said you can, sing And i'm, like well, Please just.
Speaker 2: They KNOW i stayed in the, car in the, shower BUT i don't know about loud loud on.
Speaker 1: Stage and the great thing is is that ALWAYS i could play the role Of Billy. Flynn and those are some of the songs that we practiced. With and when the opportunity presented itself from me to, AUDITION i was ready for. That And i'll never forget it was in two thousand and, fifteen fourteen it was that was, Fifteen, no it was, fourteen excuse, me twenty, fourteen going Is November WHEN i was asked to audition AND i, said, well they asked IF i could. SING i was, like, hell, YEAH i can. SING i was thinking some voice. Lessons, yeah And i'm, like oh, SHIT i gotta figure this. OUT i never sing out loud or way away from the track, before but we want to figure it. Out it's going to be a great story one way or the. Other SO i get my, fedora get a nice beautiful black suit with the damn the tie and the. Stripes everything out, Said i'm going to go in As Billy. Flynn go up To New york And Bashedor theater on thirty ninth And, broadway AND i walk in the bows of the theater and Immediately i'm intimidated Because i'm thinking to, myself some great actors have performed on the. Stage, Okay i've been played with some great, venues you, Know, Baltimore, oakland The Big, house all of. Them but this, one this little, theater was intimidating to. Me SO i go on on the. Stage some of the dancers are in, there some of the other actors are just getting ready for the nice, performance And i'm just doing an. Audition the piano player does very professional warms, up he's doing the scales and And i'm just sitting there, like, okay when are we gonna? Start he, Says, okay Mister george's gonna start from the. Top ALL i care about is love with? Key are you? In AND i was, like THAT'S i have what? Key the key, life what type of, Key let's figure it. OUT i don't. Know so we go through the, scales find my. Key then we go and do all the care about his, love cracking notes. Everywhere But i'm going all out and having a, ball having a. BLAST i go through all my sides with the acting coach And i'm doing it And i'm just having. Fun it's Being Billy flynn losing. Myself and the theater is empty and it's dark lit and his the lights are up. There and THEN i go about to go through this for about thirty minutes and Then i'm here this clapping AND i hear. This oh my, god that was. Amazing it Was Barry, wisely the lead producer for the. Show he, says let's do. It let's do. It, yeah let's do. It just come this doing On. Broadway my people will get in touch with your. People And i'm, like oh my. GOD i was. Hyped but he, said my people will be in touch with your. People his people did not get in touch with my. People some a year, LATER i, THOUGHT i have to washing maybe we made. It, yeah, yeah it had heard. Anything hey they called no not. YET i think it's you know, Right So i'm thinking he, said all, right he's wanted to get me to hell out the. Theater so, okay this guy was. Terrible to say something nice and get him out of. Here BUT i did it man in twenty, sixteen and been doing their shows up UNTIL covid last, year and it's been a wonderful. Experience, bro that's. Awesome, yeah, man that's.
Speaker 2: Awesome and you also say you you have a financial.
Speaker 1: Business yes about. That. Yeah during the TIME i was getting ready For, BROADWAY i was gonna, say because you open this up a little bit, back didn't. You, yeah it. Was it was right around the same. Time SO i do my, audition and of, course like anything, ELSE i went and got my master's in. BUSINESS i Got, yeah that's awesome, Too. Northwestern, yeah that was a wonderful. Experience two thousand and. Nine SO i was looking for the bones of a business THAT i could. Grow something was passionate about recurring, revenue had the potential to really for growth that can take it to. SCALE i had started my own landscape architecture firm back, then and that's why it inspired me to go to learn more about. Business and to say the, least that wasn't where my passion. Was it was more. Entrepreneurial so what wasn't where your passion was in terms of landscape. Architecture that was my original that was my original. Business and then you realise you're kind of just falling in love with the whole, creation, visuation, vision building an actual. BUSINESS i had visions of building a billion, dollar big, Company that's what my goal is this but it just Wasn't it just wasn't. There i'll leave it. There SO i decided THAT i needed to find something different THAT i was passionate about THAT i, knew and finances was something that kind of resonated with me in terms of helping young men like other, athletes avoid the pitfalls That i've seen others fall into and What i've already been through from bad business dealings to financial, advisors to the agents and so, forth teach the curriculum WHICH i did At Ohio, state and you, know guide their financial future while building my assets under. Management so WHILE i was studying for The rule Of Billy, FLYNN i was studying to get My series seven at the same. Time AND i remember having the. CHOICE i was, like. DAMN i was, conflicted, like, damn how AM i going to get ready for to go On broadway to perform on The broadway stage while Also i'm getting in the middle of getting My serious Seven and GRANTED i already invested my time into getting my sixty, six sixty five all that, Stuff AND i, SAID i have to make a decision on WHAT i want to do UNTIL i thought to, MYSELF i, said, well, shit let me do. Both and that's exactly WHAT i. DID i would study my for My serious seven in the, morning take. Tests, AFTERNOON i would go and study with my acting, coach songs and, script come right back that, night do another test or, two go to bit and do that for four months. Straight BECAUSE i was determined to turn my platform into, education, entrepreneurship and, entertainment AND i can do all of them, simultaneous, simultaneously and that's what it. Is So i've developed my wealth management business To Edward George Wealth Management. GROUP i have two other. PARTNERS i focus on high network individuals a few. Athletes foundations work with specialty groups in terms of maintaining and preserving their wealth through different platforms independent. Firm And i'm also again teaching young athletes that are aspiring to be in our position one. Day the case studies on what the lookout for in terms of bad business dealings and bad bad advisors and how to vet out a financial. Advisor how much you pay your financial, advisor if you if you pay him? Exactly and how.
Speaker 2: This says in the, Beginning, yeah, right you know What i'm, saying hidden cost, fees all that stuff's actually.
Speaker 1: So what is how do you how do you? Pay how he gets paid through? Commission he gets paid there's a rap, Fee but what's that rap? Fee and? All what does he have you? In where's your four one k? Going do you have? Insurance? Oh how can you use your? Insurance you know What i'm, saying you can Use there are certain benefits you can use for your insurance as a, BANK i mean just little things that can help you put, yourself put the eating a seat of power versus lending their power over to somebody that says they have their best interest in. Mind and the only thing that you have that you can rely on is the trust. Factor he's going to do the right thing and how it's. Structure so all of those, things and.
Speaker 2: Those dudes when you're sitting across room at the table when you were a young cat and they got the whole script to kind of, script you, know the background they went to where you're just, like, oh this makes sense for me as an. Athlete and then next, thing you, know like guys are vocal that, Hey i'm always walking, like, hey it's a fact that seventy to eighty percent of guys go bankrupt within five years of playing in THE.
Speaker 1: Nfl from that thirty for, Thirty hey all of, Us hey, boys all of us in.
Speaker 2: Here i'll be in the locker. Room, hey all of us in here ain't making it after five? Years, Right and you, know because you see guys.
Speaker 1: Come in with new, chains you do all, this do all. That but you know that's that's awesome that you. STARTED i had no. Idea, yeah do you are you?
Speaker 2: Pretty are you pretty engaged with like does THE pa reach out to?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Like are you engaged with the? Player were able to educate? Kids? Yeah, Well i've been. TEACHING i was teaching At Ohio state for the last five years the business and professional, sports AND i brought in somebody from that makes it the entire business front, OFFICE gm, agent Financial, ADVISOR, nflpa someone from the league, offices and they talk about their, Functions you talk about our job, descriptions what they, do how they look at, athletes how they look at the. Sports so you can get a well rounded view of how we are a commodity and not necessarily a. Person and then you begin to see how, easy if you do things, right how easy it is to go financially. Broke.
Speaker 2: Right you know what you had to quote that resonated with. ME i heard you on a. Podcast it was you helped me. Out it's like something about gross and. Net you live by the grocer'll die by the. NET i think that's where lived by the, Gross you'll die by the.
Speaker 1: Net. Yeah so if you think that what we see on television in terms of free agents signing one hundred million dollar, deal, yeah the ticker that come, across is it really one hundred? Million, no, exactly we do that, Right so it's, pulling you, know the smoking mirrors behind and it's a significant amount of. Money but understanding the tax, bracker you're going Into Uncle sam's going to get his, cut, Right your agent gets his and it's still a good. Nut but is it a good is that generational? Wealth it's a good start to generational wealth if it's handled. Appropriately the guy that cut the, check that's generational. Wealth you know What i'm. Saying so there's a. Difference SO i wanted. PEOPLE i wanted others outside the, business or even kids that are getting into the business to realize That i'm just starting with. This the end goal is not. Now now is not the time to buy A lamborghini and five, houses you know across the country from my mom and, dad thinking THAT i have one hundred million dollars now you. Don't you probably got twenty five of. That but guess what if you keep spending ten it chunks into that and you realize that your next egg that you have is down next to. Nothing when you, retire you're better, off you, know starting, small rent the first couple of, years establish your INVESTOR, dna get the right advisors around. You you don't have to hit for home, runs you, know manufacture runs base hits every. Day find something that's going to bring, you say a safety. Net you want to have something that's going to preserve your wealth and something that's going to generate your wealth those three, buckets and how are you going to do? That you know What i'm, saying that's the. Philosophy so don't feel like you have to go be the lead investor for a real estate project and you're the bank. Guy they're been depending on you to the fund their. Dream that's where you go. Wrong i've seen, it you, know time and time again with with athletes THAT i played, with played. Against how we get sucked into that because we just don't. Know you don't. Know guys just don't.
Speaker 2: Know and you you use the example of a hundred, million one hundred million dollar guy like those guys that's the one percent of the one percent in THE. Nfl majority of guys are you, know journeyman like, myself or they're making you, know those smaller contracts throughout their.
Speaker 1: Career but you still have those same those those same.
Speaker 2: Distractions off of the field because they think you're the you, know everybody's, saying, hey once you're in THE, nfl you', hey once you get the shield on, you there's a target on. You so it doesn't matter if you're making the hundred million or you're making the minimum like everyone thinks, like, oh you made.
Speaker 1: It you're, rich you're, that and it's just it's not the.
Speaker 2: Case and how do you go about when guys want to sit you down or pick your brain or you go and. Speak how do you speak to those guys in a way that like a fundamental change can happen or a shift can happen for.
Speaker 1: Somebody, WELL i just try to be authentic and tell them the, truth be as transparent AS i can, be based off my, experience my first what's your worst.
Speaker 2: Experience that you can teach? Somebody you're like, this this is what happened with me.
Speaker 1: WHEN i first got into THE. Nfl WHEN i first signed on the dotted line to get my, check it was my signing, bonus and my agent pulls me, aside tells me that the guy THAT i chose my financial, advisor is hearing bad things about him AND i shouldn't put my money with. Them long story, SHORT i tell my mom to take the money and go To philadelphia putting in the. Bank let's let's see what. Happens two days, LATER i get the phone call from THE fbi saying or from the bank saying that they this gentleman tried to pull money out of the. Account well no money was, there thank, god because he was caught going To South america with for investment and running A ponzi. Scheme no, shit no, shit first time, out so immediately out the. Gate this guy was a smooth, talker had everybody on his, list you, know from, entertainers different. Athletes it was a, boutique set up a. SHOP i remember him trying to get me to sign a power attorney so he could legally move the. Money you see What i'm. Saying so he got me a, loan BUT i never signed. It so those are the things THAT i just, recall and is a bunch of. Others they come in different shape, sizes The agos of the WORLD i call, them you, know in terms Of, shakespeare The. Agos they appear to be your, friend but they have a different aultorious motive behind. You you, know incentives drive. Behavior it always. Does so if somebody is around you, questioned why are they around? You why are they catering to? You what is their ulterior? Motive and if you're leaning on that person for information or to be the business, guy that's not a wise. Choice you really need to understand the language how contracts are set, up how LLCs are set up all of this stuff so you're not burnt in the end of holding the, bag so to. Speak so that's that's.
Speaker 2: It He any young cats listening that have aspirations to go to the league that might be in college, Listening look up A george's financial.
Speaker 1: Firm, yeah The Edward George Wealth Management. Group, yeah ed what is? It Edward? George, Well Edward. George, okay that's your first, Name. Edward, YES i love. It what's the ultimate?
Speaker 2: Goal when you say this is kind of a this is kind of something to help propel me to the ultimate.
Speaker 1: Goal what is an ultimate goal of yours that you have in? Mind do you want to own a team one? Day, no that's that's just you've talked about a couple of checks the, TIMES i, mean my my couple of. Hints you know what my goal is to create and build wealthy, individuals and not just in terms of dollar, value but in terms of, character in terms of. Principles that's that's what my calling is at this point in, time is to develop young people or people to become, entrepreneurs but entrepreneurs with a purpose and and and to find their. Calling you, know in this. Life that's that's what's driving me. Now and that's done through uh my entrepreneurship aspirations in wealth management and through insurance platforms, too to help others again achieve entrepreneurship to help their lives and the lives of others generation generational.
Speaker 2: Study it sounds like some mentorship exactly, exactly not just you, know you make, money they make money money there there is exactly working one on one with the. Individual understand that whoever's under, you they're part of like this this.
Speaker 1: Fraternity, exactly, yeah. Exactly so that's that's What i'm, creating and buy product of that will lead to to, wealth right and and but that's not the end. Goal but If i'm in a position to be to be an owner one, day damn. Right everything happens for a, reason that's. Right SO i finished our team left left with that one yard. Short i'm gonna hold up A Lombardi trophy one. DAY i am going to hold one. Up, hey you're hearing. It you know What i'm. Saying he's going to do. Something, yeah, yeah linebacker, Coach, hey there we. Go, SEE i don't, KNOW i kind of want.
Speaker 2: To you got me motivated now to you're gonna be right me checks If i'm the linebacker, COACH.
Speaker 1: I was gonna, SAY i gonna, say, like, Nah i'm going to Be i'm gonna be the. President i'm gonna, No i'm gonna do. This so that's that's what my goals. Are man.
Speaker 2: Shout out the boys That manscape no free shoutouts a Huge manscape. Guy fantasy football draft season is upon us due to. Quarantine it's very possible that you might have An Ezekiel Air elliot haircut.
Speaker 1: Going on down in your pants right.
Speaker 2: Now that's why our partners At manscaped have partnered with us to make sure you don't gamble on shaving your balls the same way you like to gamble on. Football when it comes to men, Hygiene manscaped is as safe as you can get as Drafting Derrick henry in the first round of your, league. Dude the lawnmower three point zero is the best hygiene tool for the modern. Man because of their ceramic blade and skin safe, technology your nicks and snags and.
Speaker 1: Blood will be.
Speaker 2: Reduced this is perfect protection needed for your franchise Quarterback Ryan. Tannehill the lawnmower three point zero is also waterproofed and has AN led light on, it which is a huge game changer because you can trim in the, dark WHICH i did not too long. Ago they just released Their shears two point oh nail, kit which is the perfect add on to their lawnmower three point zero. Trimmer no one likes an ungroomed set of, feet, fingers and most, importantly your ball's. Boys that's why they have forever changed the grooming game with their perfect package three point. Zero let me tell you what's in. It it comes with the, Lawnmower it comes with these performance boxer briefs and a travel bag for you to use when you're done, quarantining and some other liquid formulations like The Crop preserver and The Crop.
Speaker 1: Reviver let's talk about both of. Those The Crop preserver.
Speaker 2: Is an anti chafing ball cream which ensures that your afternoon stroll doesn't end with your ball sticking to your leg or smelling like. Eggs we all know that little, cheesy that little old cheesy smell down their. Boys The Crop, reviver a little splitzer spray ball toner will give you your testes a little boost. Midday for a limited, time subscribers get not, one but two free, gifts The shit travel bag and the patented high performance anti Chafing manscape boxer. Briefs get twenty percent off and free shipping with the code busting at manscape dot. Com, again get twenty percent off with free shipping at manscape dot com and use code.
Speaker 1: Busting it's time to give your testes the absolute. Best these boys with.
Speaker 2: Manscaped big fan Of, MANSCAPED i am a huge manscaped. Guy get on this. Discount help your little boys out. DOWNSTAIRS i hope you guys are enjoying this Phenomenal Eddie george. Episode, yeah let's finish.
Speaker 1: It? Yeah DID i love? It?
Speaker 2: Man let's talk a Little. Titans how are you feeling about the boys this?
Speaker 1: Year it's hard to figure out about the, boys because, damn is it going to be a? SEASON i think. So don't you think there's gonna be? One don't you think it's at least that is going to. START i hope it's. SUSTAINABLE i think there's done a nice job of keeping everything at. Bay the protocols are. Tight no one can come into the. FACILITY i, mean we hadn't heard any cases of guys catching. Anything that's been. Great now it's a question of when they begin to, travel how that's going to. Operate right right once they said on a, plane go to another. Hotel so assuming let's just assume the. Best, okay we're optimistic. Here they. LIKE i like the makeup of the. TEAM i like the. CHEMISTRY i like the fact that they play for each. Other there's genuine love. There they have an. Identity, DEFENSIVELY i want to see What Vic beasley Is Vic, beasley, right, YES i want to see what he brings to the table from the. PAST i think they need a premiere past, rusher AND i thought that going into last season they needed somebody that can disrupt the quarterback with just getting a four man. Rush of, Course Derrick henry Is Dereck. HENRY i like the new kid From Appalachian date the running. Back oh, Yeah. Evans he's going to be a utility guy that they can rely on the return game short and also as a third down guy In, TANDYHILL i. Am i'm curious to see if he can now take over. Games you, know it's one thing to manage your game and handle twenty two and let's your line lean on the. Team, now when they line. Up, okay nine in the box and we've seen it last year nine in the. Box we're committed now to Stopping derek and he cannot beat. Us how Is Tandy hill going to do? It you, know? Consistently AND i think he can do. It he's put the ball. There so saying all of, that they have everything they need, Offensively john New smith is going to be a. SUPERSTAR i love the. RECEIVERS Aj brown is going to be a. Superstar so they have levels to their offense that they're multi dimensional and it's going to be tough to compete with. That And Mike vrabel is a phenomenal how what was the year of separation? There this one year amate he was an? Asshole he is an, asshole but an asshole you love and when you when he's on your, squad that's the asshole that you want because he's going to knock you in the mouth and talk about you and and and do everything he. Needs he's going to tell you just exactly how he, feels you, Know. Mike mike was a damn freshman calling out. Upperclassmen you're not you're not you're not touching the, line you, know sprints or you're going. HALFWAY i, mean he'll call your ass. Out and that's that's how he operates who he is?
Speaker 2: Now is that, too because he's the same. Person he's still trying to hit somebody in the. Mouth as a, coach he, loves.
Speaker 1: He loves the, contact he loves, teaching he loves, mentoring he loves to create a winning. Product so you throw all that into the. Mix and What Amy adams is doing And John, robinson what they're doing this they're on the they're on the road to some great some great. THINGS i think so.
Speaker 2: Too what's been what's been your favorite off season? Move obviously they've brought a lot of pieces back the, draft.
Speaker 1: Free, agency their own. Guys which one's been your favorite? Move, well it's tough to say my favorite right now because we're gonna need a, Favorite we're gonna need a preseason. Favorite, well here's the thing, IS i haven't seen him, yet AND i THINK i think the draft choice out Of Georgia Wilson Isaiah.
Speaker 2: Wilson oh, yeah ye, hey he's a big motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Dude oh he's a. Problem, yes he's a problem in the trenches and you're throwing, Now derek's got some help there another another mauler in between the. Tackles oh my, god it's going to be nasty in. There.
Speaker 2: Man, HEY i was surprised you said. That IF i figured you would have said the hen are you getting?
Speaker 1: This? Uh that's what.
Speaker 2: Happened, Yeah but did you know that the whole, time even when it was getting it's still gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen maybe you might have. Knew you might have known per. Source, no you never known this. Business but they would have been foolish not to do. It and you, know they found the win. Win they were going to figure it. Out you, know The titans like to operate right close to the. Edge, yeah put time and pressure on the, athlete you know WHAT i. Mean they don't want To they want to get the most out of. It they want to arder than, negotiation the art, negotiation and they want an organizational friendly. Deal and that's you. KNOW i think they found the win win. There SO i figured that they had to Get derek signed and were going to get him. Signed and it was a four year. Deal, yes it turns out probably could be a three year somewhere around there where he's. AT i want to say the first two are pretty, guaranteed and that third year is kind of. Iffy the funny money comes Into, Yeah i'm so guarantees about nineteen eight twenty one million or something like. That so, YEAH i think it's a win. Win.
Speaker 2: Yeah who's who would you say is your favorite player on The? Titans, WOW i want to Say mine is turning into A. J. Brown that's what mine turned. Into Delaney walker WHEN i was on the. TEAM i Loved. DELANEY i love being Around. Delaney he was kind of just my. FAVORITE i just always, like, yeah, right well my. FAVORITE i think mine is becoming A. J. Brown we've had him on the. Pod, Yeah i've seen him a couple other times FaceTime With, taylor and he's JUST i think he's. Hilarious but he's just got that that YOUNG i don't know that it takes no shit. Attitude and he's. Confident, yeah he's insanely. Confident and he's a. Worker he was like that AS i, mean coming in, RIGHT i mean he. Was he was pissed off about something he did in practice was real.
Speaker 1: Small i'm, like, duh it's not even got. Time, yeah but that said he was he. Was he. Was he was a. Man and the fact that he called your, Boy. TAYLOR i know they were talking about it on him again a, Rookie that's What i'm, saying calling out not just the big dog the, line the, richest the highest paid player on The, titans right. Yo and still talking about it when he's on the pod, like, yeah you know you. Was he was on some. Ship, HEY i love. IT i Love the only THING.
Speaker 2: I didn't like caring about him is that he was one of those rookies who he was too prideful to do rookie.
Speaker 1: Stuff, see he had the kind of that asshole. Mentality it's, like hey, man it's this part of the. Deal how do you feel about that? Stuff you got to pay your? Dues you got to pay your. Dues and and the fact that that he had success last, year LIKE i, know kind of defeats it a little, bit but you, know he'll beat that. Veteran he is that. Veteran now it's quickly becoming a vet that that he, Wished, like you, know you got to follow a protocol and that young hot rookie is gonna come in there and and show. Him BUT i like A. J. BROWN i think he's got tremendous. UPSIDE i like him as a. Person BUT i do LIKE i Like Johnny smith, THOUGH i think he has a chance to be really.
Speaker 2: Good, really, yeah you don't think, So, NO i think some Big Johnny smith hearing somebody else say, that call the superstar and give him respect like. That it's kind of a new thing THAT i feel like is going to come in the. Future but why do you think?
Speaker 1: So WHEN i saw what it actually happens dot THE i take a tall sweep down the right sideline for sylbral seventy something, Yards i'm, like, What let go throw him back, there let him get let him get some tokees With, derek let him split. That. Man the dudes got. Skills, Man, yeah if we're a tight, END i mean that is, remarkable, athletic fast, hands, attitude all of he's got the. BUILD i, MEAN i, LIKE i, LIKE i like him moving. FORWARD i really like his. STYLE i like what he brings to the. Offense he makes them multi. Dimensional now in the middle of the, field, right because if you control the middle of the, field it opens up. Everything with a tight end that can stretch, it that can do it, all it opens up the outside certainly is going to present problems for a. Defense, down, Like, okay we really can't stack the box like this because we've got a tight end that can go vertical on. You we got a receiver that's ridiculous and easy. Breast so they got some, options they've got some, weapons and they have some studs.
Speaker 2: Man and you, know another another thing that will play in their favor is knowing That Arthur smith is back and they kind of have the same. Offense, yep you, Know rave obviously still, there but they get to be in the system again after going to AN afc. CHAMPIONSHIP i think like that's gonna benefit then because people with new head, coaches younger, teams stuff like. That, like especially in times like, this you just don't know how the year is gonna play. OUT i think they're they can come and not miss a beat as much as any team out, there and the fact.
Speaker 1: And nationally everybody of Course Kansas, city but when you're talking about The, south it's got to Be. Tennessee but they're still talking about The colts and, This and Then i'm, like all, Right, houston, Yeah houston. TOO i, mean they they they they. Are they're an interesting. GROUP i just don't THINK i don't think they have the. DISCIPLINE i don't THINK i think they like the. Discipline you, know we talk about we look at. Teams you start to talent is always every team in the league is, talented but you start looking at the makeup of a, team the character of the, team the little things that will separate you from being just good. Average and the greatest teams are the ones that can self discipline in their locker, rooms who their leaders. Are AND i don't know If houston has. THAT i Know Deshaun watsons a grown, man but outside of, him who else is? There you, KNOW i KNOW Jj, watt but is IT i don't know about their locker. ROOM i thinking they're that team that's gonna take over The south and be there.
Speaker 2: Consistently, yeah that makes. Sense, hey your boy speaking of generational and writing. Checks And Patrick mahomes now he got that big. Deal now he's a little part owner and The.
Speaker 1: Royal i'll tell you, what, man that's a movie you like to see as an. Athlete, Yeah i'm super happy for, him. MAN i saw him at At. TAHA i was playing in the golf tournament, There American Century, championship And i'm warming, up you, Know i'm out there two hours. Beforehand i'm just trying to get. Myself, No i'm at the ars. Beforehand that's WHY i was out. There So Patrick mahomes comes. Up it's, really you, know just laid back and just kind of open ben and he's just like all over the place and just, like, hey hey we no free no Free, willie you know. Whatever and he goes up And i'm like this first that, says your first time. Playing so he has first time playing, here but you, know, man AM i having a? Ball blah blah, blah puts the pen and golf. On he's on his driver, pow it's one and kind of like a stinger or. Whatever i'm, like this dude's gonna he's stink up the. Spot he's like he can't. Play he gets on the, course, man and he is in the middle OF i, mean he's in the. Mix eagle, Here birdie, there par. Here i'm, like oh my, god she's loving. LIFE i, said, man that's a. Guy he's a signed half a, bee feeling good about. Life i'm, like can care less where the ball? Goes less, said that's a guy with no stress right. Now he's such a good he's such a great. Player, man such an exceptional, player, dude he.
Speaker 2: Is, man he just seems like he has fun, too and just competes his ass off when you're out.
Speaker 1: There he does a stroke right, there look at, that look a look at he look at. It look at. That he didn't warm. Up he only hit a couple of balls. Off the team didn't warm them. Up that's five hundred Is, yeah he was like. That, MAN i get. It. Man the dude is. Phenomenal dude is. Phenomenal. Unbelievable, Yeah like when When houston went up on him like what was it three scores or, whatever and you just knew, that, hey they're not out of it because once he does starts doing that flexing after a, touchdown you're just, like oh, ship, Hey mahomes is about to turn it. Up and they did, it not once but the entire, playoffs, Right that's what makes them. Deadly when you have a team that can come back from adversity like that and fight through. It and they Beat houston by what by twenty? One, Right, yeah they laid it on. Him houston did not eat him by twenty, one down by twenty four and beat him by twenty. One oh my, god that that was remarkable to. Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah and then you got the leadership of him and Then Honey badger on the other, Side like you allude to leadership and things like, that like you, know obviously they got it on both, sides. Right also your relationship With. DEREK i know a lot of people talk about your your guys', relationship your, friendship your, mentorship how you mentor, him, how how how did that come about and? Transpire was? It was it during the when did all of that take? Place and how are you guys the.
Speaker 1: Highest point when you where you're at? Now, yeah when he win The Heisman. TROPHY i was there when he. WANTED i was at his. Banquet you had a chance to. TALK i got to know him a little. Bit And, derek you, know can be a little aloof you, know when we first meet, HIM i talk a whole lot kind of quiet she, Is, YEAH i always got that fashion on. Him oh D that's why it throws you. Off you feel like he's gonna have some personality that's, yeah what's this? Guy you? Know but he's kind of quiet to, himself and you're like he's like it's not like you, style you, Know it's Like, OKAY i compliment you on Like i'm gonna. SNEAKERHEAD i get. IT i like the. FACT i, mean so we we had. STORIES i, think you, know going to we had a commercial together with The Heisman, house and we really had a chance to sit and. Talk on the flight back to La it's three hours, long and we talked maybe you, know two hours and thirty minutes of that and just about everything From bama to oh stayed and The titans and contracts and styles of play and so. FORTH i think he reached out to me when who's the guy that just left running back From New? England that was he was, here, Uh Dion, Lewis Deon. Lewis When Dion lewis was brought in this, YEAR i was, There Marco murray left and the range were going. On derek he called. Me he was, like, man do you think about you, Know dion coming? In what are they trying to? Do blah blah. BLAH i, said, man you, KNOW i told him, THEN i, said just focus on. Yourself you determine how much they use. It you determine that what they want to see from you is not you hit the home. Run you can do. That he demonstrated. That but what you do in between the tackles, consistently how you control the game consistently with the five yard hard, runs the four Yard And i'm telling you the big runs are going to happen if you impose your, will if you seek out, contact if you seek out the deliver, punishment those defensive backs will get out of the. Way they don't want to see it for four quarters and you'll see the. Turnaround SO i guess he took. That and then you know he was pressing a little. Bit in the beginning of the. Season you guys go over To San diego Play San. Diego at the time was The chargers In england In, london and it was a PLAY i want to, say in the second quarter where it Was, merriweather a linebacker who was like maybe five. Ten look this up for, me how big Is. Merriweather he's not the, Biggest, yeah not the not the biggest, linebacker, Right, Perryman, Perryman. Perryman AND i, said, damn you know he elected to go off. Tackle he could have squared him, up took half his, body maybe he got three or four more yards and, whatever but he made a. Move it made it easy for. Him to tackle, him AND i remember sitting next To Keith, BULLOCK i, said you, see, man that he's too big to be running like the way he. Is he's trying to hit the home. Run he's, pressing he's not having, fun he's not imposing himself as Will AND i think the whole thing With dion and splitting time and not getting carries and all that was just messing with his. Head and it wasn't shortly thereafter he we had the conversation after that that trip when he called me on the. PHONE i believe it was A sunday night doing a bye, week and that's that's when we had the. Heart the heart and. Ship the. Rest the rest is literally. History he's had some, yo he had the monster, runs, MAN i mean he's. Monster. Yeah he's emerged as a as a leader of the. TEAM i, mean hemerged as a vocal. Leader and that's and they ride with. Him you can see, it you can you can you can feel that they feed off off of his. Energy oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: They they, definitely they're definitely all. Jelling they're definitely all. MESHING i know the old, Line, derek all of. Them they like that kind of nasty. Attitude of knowing that they, can you, know probably like yourself back in the, day like, hey we're gonna run the.
Speaker 1: Ball we want to run the ball thirty. Times but, yeah, man, HEY i appreciate. You this thing is almost spent two. Hours you're almost one of the. Longest. Yeah oh, man so AM i? Boring? Huh this is? Hey this is he. A we got a bunch of. Times anybody got any questions, Ready, hey don't just hold your breath, now go. On if if some schools wanted to make you a linebacker right coming out of coming out of high, school oh, yeah a couple few of. Them if they if everybody wanted you to be a running, back would you have chosen? Differently that's a great. Question that's from my. Pops If Penn state had said, yes they would need to play running back order The Nity. Lion that was my. DREAM i went there football camps as a, kid and they just didn't offer. You they offered. Me but it's too. Late but it was to play. LINEBACKER i went to go went up there an unofficial. Visit when they Played Notre. Dame they played against The Rome bettis And Ricky waters that, group and they beat. Them AND i go into locker room And i'm like and, All i'm, like, damn That's Joe, Paul, like That's Joe paterno right, there my. Hero i'm standing there in the hallway AND i got on this goose with the fur around the hood and my my skull. Cap and he looks at, me looks me up and, down and he goes off to the side and he Calls Frank, ganter the running back, coach over and he whispers and looks, back and Then frank comes. Over, Hey, Eddie, yeah, yeah, YEAH i remember you. Wing you were a football camp. Man you've grown, up my. Guy where are? YOU i, Said i'm At Fourking Military Academy and my heart's like. This i'm, like oh my, god they're going to ask me to come On. Monday we're going to give you a. Call we're going to come down and come see. You so go back To. Fourking couldn't sleep the night of like toss and turning lo and. BEHOLD i get a. Message Tom, bradley who recoust in the, area wants to talk to. You SO i called, him, like, hey, coach how you doing? Great win on the beating The irish and all. That, says, yeah, well we want to bring you up for a. VISIT i, said, oh that'd be. Amazing when you weep come, up we set the date or, whatever AND i, said, well are you guys looking to recruit me as a linebacker or running? Back there's a long pulse as well. Linebacker but thinking about, Linebacker we've got some young running. Backs we Got John, carter we Got Stephan, pitts we Got Mike, archie and we need, more you, know a depth at. Linebacker. Hero and that's my heart, saying because my goal was to play running back. Period so that that that. Ended that that story, there but long and. BEHOLD i didn't know they were independent at the time they become The big. Ten and that's WHEN i will go back and play Against Penn state for three, times beat them two out of three. Times, yeah a good, Question, alex that's my dad man shuts, out shut out the. Pops what About Josh? Jack come, On titans.
Speaker 5: FANS i just want to get like a little behind the scenes type thing of. You and like Ray lewis is all y'all's old, bouts like just one on, one just like the whole, crowd.
Speaker 1: Just like that time where you, guys that was on the.
Speaker 2: Sideline HE i, mean it wasn't like it wasn't a big, game but you had like.
Speaker 1: Slammed into the ground you know Play i'm talking. ABOUT i know. That what were you to on that? Play you? Know you, know you know what it, was you know what it. Was it was supposed to. Be that's the, moment like you would always, say he knocks me. Out that was his time to knock me out of that. Game AND i JUST i don't. Remember rebating was a bunch of cuss. WORDS i know. That it's a bunch of. Mfs if You i'll be back same. Play you. Know it was a lot of going back and. Forth yeah, yeah, yeah a. Lot, yeah we would go at. It. MAN i think that, was uh the playoff. Game yeah, yeah that's not, no that's just the regular season. Game Was he probably one of your favorite defensive players to play? Against WAS i wouldn't say, favorite but because because of he was always. There he was more or less by, far the greatest Linebacker i've ever. Faced oh, yeah without a, doubt because he's, smart, instinctive and if you're not, careful he knock the ship out of. You, yeah you, know he was he was that.
Speaker 2: DUE i, mean, hell he's got a clip being on kickoff return and almost killing a man on a on a.
Speaker 1: Backblock, basically, yeah you know What i'm talking. About he told the dude to come out of the end. Zone, Yeah he's, like, hey, no take it out of the. Zone he was on kick. Return that. Was that was when Ed reid turned it for a touchdown right before half to kick the field goal and make the field. Goal they came. Out he Told edred to come out of.
Speaker 2: There i'm telling you he had a kickoff return rep like he was on special. TEAMS i swear to, GOD i don't know why he, was but he was on special teams type In, yeah Ray lewis kickoff return.
Speaker 1: Do uh He i'm telling, you, WELL i. DON'T i don't doubt it because he's that type of, player without a. Doubt we've always had a, rival a fierce, rival me and him coming out of nineteen ninety. Six, man how.
Speaker 2: Uh what was the thoughts in your head when he took that when he got that interception and took it to the.
Speaker 1: House, well, honestly prior to, that the field, goal it was a field goal that was blocked and returned for a, touchdown and that play took the win out of our sales because to get back into score on that defense that year was like. Damn it was like me trying to get to the. Moon you know. It really it was very difficult to get in the position to score against his. Defense, YEAH i, mean because they were that. Good it ran a four to Three Sarah goosa And Sam adams in the middle cover two beat. It that's. It it was no exotic. Blitzes they weren't trying to sugar look at. HIM i mean it was it was for growning. Only so once that play, happened it was it was, like all, right we're out of our. Element it hits me. Down if you saw the ball get tipped into his, hands right. Yeah Now baltimore fans like to say he snatched it out of my, hands THAT i carried the, football that he ripped it out and the ball was behind. Me, yeah it's it's it's, uh but you know that, happens, man that. Happens that's that's when it all went. Down he had six minutes and forty seconds. Left, yeah that was. It, oh that was. It that was six, Minutes, yeah six forty five and this is good pod. Boys, yeah, MAN i appreciate. You hey, MAN i appreciate. You this is this is. AWESOME i enjoyed, it, man and good luck to you, too, brother thank, you thank you and all your. ENDEAVORS i think this is going to be. Huge it already is so, well IT'S i, mean it's not huge, yet but it is. Growing, yeah it is. Growing it's going in the right. Direction, yeah it's going in the right. Direction many appreciate. You Bro leep down all The. Mississippi there's a