Speaker 1: I guess people talked about me on The Ultimate Girls Trip, which has become a combination of good, solid workhorse, iconic Housewives and Fired Housewives, which is interesting because it seems like on some of the casts it's really all fired housewives, and those are shit shows because they're just so desperate to rate and that's when it gets really crazy. But I heard there was some discussion about Scary Island and the Pirate and Kelly and that Sonya and I do still speak, which we do, and I don't know. I just like Sonia and while we've had our moments, very few and far between, I've always liked her. I remember the season I came back, everyone trying to tell me kind of to not like her and how nuts she was, and there's just something endearing about her. She's trying to survive and she's always working to like support her daughter, and she's the ultimate single mom. She plays the game, she's grateful for the gig, she likes the gig. She's always coming back, she's honest about it. She's part of the fabric of housewives. She's funny. You just like someone from the inside, like you know that you like them. There are different feelings that I have about different housewives where I know that I like them, you know, And I do have that for certain people. And like I've said before, I've gotten to know housewives way more since being on the show and not and without naming names, there are a handful of housewives I can think of, like four to five that text me for advice and like to give them motivation and to put things in perspective and to help them, and I'm grateful for it and I'm happy to do it where I feel like when I was in the machine and out of the machine and in the machine but still part of the machine, I didn't really have that kind of relationship with other housewives because I don't know, I just felt like it was always going to come and sting you somehow, or be part of the show, or I just never feel comfortable, which is why when Kathy asked what to do about being a new housewife, I declined, and when declined talking about it, same thing with Jenna Lyons, who I don't know, but we have a friend in common. But now I talk to housewives and I really believe that I give them really solid advice that helps them, and I don't know, I'm just grateful for the position that I'm in now where I just feel differently about it. I don't have anger, I don't resent it. I just it's like somebody that I used to know. It's getting so much further. I dug back in a little because of the reality reckoning. But I'm not living there at all.
Speaker 2: And it's just a place that I used to live.
Speaker 1: And you know, once in a while you drive by it on the highway and you say, oh my god, I used to live there, but you really don't live there anymore. It's very interesting and so and you have compassion for other people going through challenging things that are there, and you also I also validate and respect people needing to and wanting to be there, because it's not that easy for a woman of a certain age to get a gig to start over. You know, in many cases that was their second act. They're married or divorced or.
Speaker 2: Just don't have their own thing. And it's like a job.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's a job that someone that you can create value and you can make money there. So interesting that Ramona went to the premiere of her show, so she had been in a time out and couldn't go to Bravocon, presumably also because the Reality Reckoning was like white hot right then, and so she was asked not.
Speaker 2: To go to Bravocon. So the word on the street is that.
Speaker 1: She wasn't invited to her premiere when she went, because she's in the show, and if the show is gonna air her, then why shouldn't she go to the premiere.
Speaker 2: It just all seems crazy. The thing is.
Speaker 1: Ramona's Ramona, and she'll show up and that she's the ultimate gas lighter, Like she could go there and do a bunch of high kicks and actually succeed in making everyone forget about the last thing that happened. I would be hiding on a deserted island, but Ramona has that gift.
Speaker 2: She's always had that gift.
Speaker 1: She'll just be like she just plows on through the last bad thing that happened, and so then she'll be on that show and ultimately nobody cares about any of this stuff. Like it's so crazy. Where the line is because Brandy where nothing was proven and I think it's alleged she was not invited to Bravo Khan and they might not.
Speaker 2: Air her show.
Speaker 1: But the Ramona Show is airing, and Ramona went to the premiere. It's like it kind of just depends on the day of the week, Like it really just everyone just decides the way the wind blows and everyone can do whatever they want because it doesn't matter what you do. You can get back on that field, you really can, Like I short of me, I mean Nini could get back on that field. Jill Zarin could get back on that field. Fade Rug got back on that field. Uh, it doesn't matter what you do. Like, that's not the land of where it matters. Honesty doesn't matter, like racism doesn't matter. Getting in trouble for something doesn't matter. Saying someone drugs somebody, and like a defamation of character doesn't matter. Doing drugs doesn't matter. Most things don't matter. So in the overall context, it makes sense that Ramona would be there because if you think about everything everybody else has done and gotten away with, which can be brushed under the rug of that's who they really are. It's a reality show like that can be because when are you gonna play how do you say we have to have these people be who they are actually are in reality, but then fire them for being who they actually are. In reality, it feels like Bravo picks and chooses who gets fired for what and where, And I don't know where the line is and how you decide what stays in, what stays out, what is okay because you're a real person. Because people get hired for being a disaster, or for controversial views, or for being like the type of person is going to say something very stupid. But then you say something very stupid and then if the media picks up on it and they think it's wrong, then you get let go. But it's the very thing that you are hired for, is what you get in trouble for and get let go. And it's the very thing you are hired for that you are provoked to do. Like Brandy was completely you know, provoked to be who she always has been. That's made her rate the zero fox, the controversial, the talking about someone's vagina, the you know, the getting wasted, the being the trade wreck. That's what she's known for. People always want Derinda to get wasted. People wanted Leah to burn the tiki torches, but then if she burned them too hot, then she would get kicked off for the very thing that she was on the show for and egged on for, and I know because I've been there. It's like, oh my god, let's see. You know that Luann's gonna start drinking, so hopefully we'll have some drinks and then that will happen, like that's what they root for. Then it happens, and then you know we're not taking addiction seriously. So then somebody gets fired or like there's a statement issue. It's kind of bullshit, Like it's kind of bullshit. It's a pressure cooker, a design for drama, and then when there's drama, that's when the trouble happens. Like it's the whole nature of the crazy beast. Should the kids be part of this? Should the kids be held to the same standards if they're over twenty one they're participating in the show or the kid's fair game. Should adults be fighting with the kids? Should kids be allowed to shoot when the parents are just signing them away and kind of making them shoot, and then if they shoot, should they not be compensated? And some trust fund, some college fund? Because I know that Ali Zarn The minute she turned eighteen, Jill wanted to get her paid because she was an adult and they had to pay her if she filmed, and they wouldn't put her in any scenes. And Jill wanted to get her paid something for all the years that she had worked, but no, And then, like Dina, Manzo's daughter was basically crying, saying her whole life was changed and formed by stupid things she said that she doesn't agree with when she was thirteen, because you know, I'd say to my daughter, you can't say that, whatever the thing is, you can't say that, Like kids don't know they're kids, So should they be on these shows? You know, without compensation. Their parents are saying they have to be on the shows, but without compensation. It's a very interesting topic and common. And yeah, someone like a Jen Shaw is a pariah now, but everything she is is everything the Housewives wants, living beyond her means. Check renting different houses to make it look good for the show. So that's a great storyline that other people will then criticize. Check all the labels ABCDEFG can't even afford them.
Speaker 2: Many of them are fake. Does it even matter? Check?
Speaker 1: Like larger than Life, you'd know something doesn't smell right, It just something stinks in suburbia. You know, hence there's something illegal. Check Salahi's broke into the White House. Check Luanne gets arrested. Check check Tinsley had a mugshot. Check Leah is a recovering attict. Check Derinda likes to tie one on and get wasted. Check Like it's like, what do we want from these people? And what happens after? How crazy about the woman from Orange County? You guys will know she had two daughters. One was sexually assaulted by the police and she won a case. I mean, stuff goes on with these kids. I don't know that many kids that have crazy lives like this, So there has to be some effect, like the Housewives effect, the kimm You're gonna say the Kim and Kroi thing is not the Housewives effect. Keeping up with the Joneses all show and no go, starting with Big Papa and having to show everyone how rich we are and have the big ring and the big car and the big house, and then literally the demise be about the big ring, in the big car, in the big house and trying to sell luxury goods and gambling and trying to keep up with the Joneses and Kroy repeatedly saying like they don't got it like that, and then they both crack like money can be the root of all evil. But The Housewives is the place where you have to show that you.
Speaker 2: Have the most money.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna name names, but there are people on Beverly Hills and have habitually and traditionally been people on Beverly Hills that look really rich that don't got it like that. You know, they got to pull together their best wares for shooting, but they don't got it like that. And they're borrowing from Peter to pay Paul and it's not cute.