Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King.
Speaker 2: I'm an executive.
Speaker 1: Producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well.
Speaker 3: Honey, I got my fan few girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, they was cloud to me.
Speaker 3: About I'm going through menopaul.
Speaker 1: Okay, because we're the same age.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, can get her.
Speaker 2: Give my it's in my verse upstairs because I need to put this siress.
Speaker 4: Let's put the surress, would you.
Speaker 2: It's not my Please get.
Speaker 1: My past because that's a forty five year old man both to menopause.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you're allegedly forty four.
Speaker 3: Relative. Well, you know the girls, I mean look, I'll watched the show, and I mean.
Speaker 1: Fas said that you are the oldest looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I kind of want Phaser to find a man, a friend, or a mirror, you know, before she comes at me about how I look like I was insulted, like I could take that from anybody except her. Why because it's like, have you seen that? Has she been past the mirror? Like where's the mirrors? I think, fai where the mirror? I'm not calling her ugly, What are you calling her? She was Okay, she looks her age, you know, and it's one way. It's her age. I think. I think we just need to add a text. Whatever my ages, we're gonna add teen. Okay, we're gonna add teen to that.
Speaker 1: Forty four So you think Pagel looks fifty four whatever?
Speaker 2: People think I look older.
Speaker 3: So I'll say this and this and range drops. Y'all know I do not lie.
Speaker 1: I'm in person with this woman. You know I'm being honest. You don't look old to me.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm being very honest with you because I will tell you the too, like you don't look forty four, you don't, and you don't look older than forty four.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I don't, So I'm being serious.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the read because yeah.
Speaker 3: Before this show was your age ever in question?
Speaker 2: Never never? And all of the wives that I'm around, oh, we all act look the same you know, no one has ever questioned are you the same age as your husband?
Speaker 5: Everyone knew, you know, say he got a young Yeah.
Speaker 6: To be asked, you know how old are you? I was shocked. I'm like, damn, do I look like I change my dermatologist?
Speaker 5: Aside from that, yes, I'm okay, we'll get the idea pastor. Okay, carlos Key as a journalist, Hey, Portia, I'm gonna get the receipts.
Speaker 1: Okay, break drops now, Lizzie, can you please bring me my readers to.
Speaker 6: Do the mind last night?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at Angela's passport and I'm doing this because I'm forty five years old.
Speaker 3: So my eyesight is, you know, not what it used to be. But I can see clearly.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, you take it.
Speaker 4: I need read.
Speaker 2: No, I need my readers.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm a reader.
Speaker 2: Ship forty five. I got good.
Speaker 6: I'm not hear I see a little bit.
Speaker 4: I got you, honey, don't you worry boo.
Speaker 6: Please read it.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: We are right here.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a real journalist, so I want to make sure please get the facts.
Speaker 3: Get the facts right.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Angela Dione Oakley, No, my government.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we'll cut it off. Cut off, cut off. Okay, we got Angela Oakley.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'm looking at it may or nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that question my age, like, god, you look good.
Speaker 6: Look at my mannerisms as well.
Speaker 1: When you watch the show, do you when you when you see yourself on TV, do you feel like.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I can see what they're saying or are you just like.
Speaker 6: I think what you know?
Speaker 2: So I never wore makeup before, and so I think it was playing around the makeup.
Speaker 6: I think the wigs.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of trial and there, so I could see how I can look a little bit older, but not you know, to the extent that people are saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, I'm like, wait a minute, no, you look good. So listen. You are from Chicago, yes, I'm from Detroit.
Speaker 1: Midwest is the best.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: That's why I love you.
Speaker 1: I love Drew and I instantly felt when it came to you, you came on this show being your authentic self.
Speaker 2: Flaws and all, You're gonna get everything from me because I feel like, just being a fan of the show for so.
Speaker 3: Long, that did you watch all the season I.
Speaker 6: Stopped when I think when.
Speaker 2: I'm just letting with the people, I.
Speaker 3: Think I said when you left.
Speaker 2: But you know, when I got the job.
Speaker 6: I had to catch up.
Speaker 2: But you know show, I was definitely a fan of the show, and you know, I just feel like I relate more to that era, you know, because those women were authentic. Not to say that these women are not, it's just the way that they present themselves. I think I aline with that more.
Speaker 1: Well, what is so interesting is so I worked on a show from season one one through four, than six through nine, season five, and your name came up and casting a lot, And I know I did an interview I said season three, and I think I got the timeline wrong. I want to say, maybe around like season six seven, your name came up as somebody we should talk to. Were you approach during that time? Were you even aware that we wanted you? Because sometimes you have representatives and sometimes representatives speak for you and you may not.
Speaker 3: Be aware of it.
Speaker 1: But were you're aware that we were sinking you out for a long time?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 6: And I like season three, like keep that narrative more.
Speaker 2: Out there. But you know what, when they did approach me, it was actually my daughter's friend. His name is Sir Julian, and he was like, you would be phenomenal for housewives because all of the kids at Woodard Academy love Housewives. I think it coded barbado. And he was like, miss Angela, I want you to get on this show. So he got me all the way to the exact truly, like no casting company, no one. He got me to the execs at the time. It was a lady by the name of Chelsea There.
Speaker 7: Yeah, casting I got live way drops go ahead, y'ap.
Speaker 2: And so I spoke to Chelsea and you know what, it wasn't you know, the timing wasn't right. And I thank god that the timing did not work because had I been.
Speaker 6: Casting there, oh my goodness, I would have been a wreck.
Speaker 3: Do you know what season that was?
Speaker 6: That was twenty sixteen, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty sixteen. I was around, So I know what I'm talking about. You weren't lying, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was true.
Speaker 2: They you know, they approached us, and Julian, you know, got us the interview and we interviewed, but the timing and we interviewed again again, and the timing wasn't right. And I'm so grateful so.
Speaker 6: Grateful for that.
Speaker 1: But when you look at the heyday, because we do watch the show and everybody angelas like we would have love to see Angela with Mini Leaks, Yeah, with Charae with like the old kemp zosiac the ogs.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you fit more.
Speaker 1: With those girls than you do today with Portia Shamia and you know Kelly Well, I.
Speaker 2: Say, with those girls, I would kind of have been no shade to the current cast. You know, I love all the ladies, but I would have been more aligned. I feel I feel like now it's a little bit of I'm not gonna stoop down, you know what I mean. So I'm always gonna be up here and you have to meet me at my level.
Speaker 6: I'm married, I have children.
Speaker 2: You know. Not to speak against those ladies, but again, I think I fit in with the older cast because the wigs were bad, you know, like you could get in with good a bad wig and be okay, this top model, like.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 6: Like it's every day a fashion show.
Speaker 2: I feel like the older cast would a receive me.
Speaker 6: Much better, and yes, so.
Speaker 2: You they would have received me better because now it's like gonna be a picked apart because I got a bad wi and they would have never done me like that again.
Speaker 3: Listen, I gotta be honest.
Speaker 1: With you, so honestly, I'm a former producer of the show. I am still a huge fan of the franchise. I said this publicly that I did feel like there were seasons that weren't excellent and I felt like this season is back to its roots. And I'm gonna say this also publicly. I've said on my podcast, I said on my Monday Night Live show with Claudia and Jordan and Dustin.
Speaker 3: Ross, and I'll say to your face, you are the reason for the season. You really are.
Speaker 4: You really are.
Speaker 1: And as somebody who has been their season one day one, there's not one motherfucker who recaps the show that knows more than me or understands how the machine works, although they try to, you know, discredit what I my expert opinion, and that's find what I'm saying to you is, as somebody.
Speaker 3: Who was a part of the foundation of building that show, right me and the rest of the amazing people at the production company as well and the network too.
Speaker 1: You are exactly what the real house boss of Atlanta was born to be. And you represent that and you are so naturally funny and naturally gifted.
Speaker 3: You remind me a lot.
Speaker 1: Of my old school girls who was able to read somebody and not yell.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm yelling.
Speaker 1: At but but my favorite read from you will always be.
Speaker 4: But you got those miles.
Speaker 1: Stretch my no, no no, and you set their cool, calm and collected. And that's when I said, Angela Oakley is bringing the Real Housewives of Atlanta back to its glory days. And as a former executive producer, it would be remiss of me not to say to you to your face, I thank you, and I thank you for your services and I want to see you continue doing the show.
Speaker 3: You are magnificent.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You really are, and and I hope you know it's sincere what I'm saying to you.
Speaker 2: But to hear it from you like it means so much because you always want to know, am I doing this right? Am I doing a good job? No matter what it is I'm doing, I want to know. My love language is words of affirmation, like tell me I'm doing it right, And to hear it from you it feels good because a lot of people won't tell you know you're killing it, or you fit in, or you're doing what we need you to do. And so to hear it from you, it means a line. I appreciate it, No, and I mean that. I mean that.
Speaker 1: I mean that I saw that you recently was at the BT War and you were calling the audience with your fan on her.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I said, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think it's not gonna leave. It's like the American Express.
Speaker 3: Don't leave home.
Speaker 2: Without it, because I know. And the thing is, you know, people are like, it's air conditioning the building. Whenever I get high, it's internal, right. I can't turn the air conditioning off on my body. Yeah, so I have to keep my fan, and I just naturally, you know, if I feel a little something, I'm gonna turn on because my wig is not gonna slip off. And that's the second thing for having my fan. I want to make sure my lace is lace.
Speaker 4: It's it's lace today, Lacy good. The Bob's Bobby Bob.
Speaker 7: It's not like you know what I'm saying, And ain't like one.
Speaker 2: Of my favorites and ain't falling off. Nini is just we gotta give it to Nini. But I also love Claudia Clauda is amazing.
Speaker 3: You saw Nini at the BTD. What did she say to you about you being on the show?
Speaker 2: You know what? She just said, you know what, you look amazing. And we just had a little one too. She introduced me to her partner and we just did a little vibe. We had a little vibe. It was a nice little a nice little meeting. I know Nini, you know, I've seen her before and I was a part of her organization, Ladies of Success. So shout out to Nini. Uh and to get the high five from her, that means something, that means something, that's like girl, it's enough one for everybody. So I appreciated that for me from Nini. I did.
Speaker 3: Have you met Kim Zosiak before?
Speaker 2: Never? But I heard I would love her. She's a Taurus like I am. Oh yeah, so I heard I would love her. Really that I've heard that a few times.
Speaker 3: Have you met, no And you know what?
Speaker 2: I think I would love char.
Speaker 4: I see you and too, don't you think?
Speaker 2: I think so? I do too? And I only say that you know we shared well, my husband is her, they used to day. So I feel like charae wasn't one of the women who was looking for Charles after they broke up. You know, some women still, you know, hang around even after you got married. Charai just wasn't one of those women. So I don't feel like Charai would be, you know, a threat or anything like that. I feel like she would be a good and she's a Capricorn. My siblings are capricorns. Like I feel like Charai would be a good time. And I've heard that a lot from a lot of different people.
Speaker 3: Oh cha is the best time I heard that? Amazing.
Speaker 1: Did you find out being on the show that Charles and Charae dated or did he tell you prior to you joining the show?
Speaker 2: No, so he didn't. We didn't go through our list of exes, right like we didn't say our dated her. It never came up that way. I found out just based on conversation from people back in twenty seventeen when I initially cast it, because I believe Array was a part of that cat was she was a part of that cast, and so that's how it kind of I found out that they used to date, and so I didn't know the nature of their relationship. I didn't know how serious it was, and I you know, I've come to find out you know how serious it was or lack thereof. So they dated, you know, twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: And y'all don't run into each other at events or anything in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: No, you won't find me out too much in Atlanta. I'm not I'm like Atlanta's hidden secret. I like to stay in the house, or I'm on a plane, I'm somewhere else. I don't like to sit around Atlanta that much. That's how a lot of people didn't know who I was. I was Atlanta's best kept secret.
Speaker 3: Well, baby, you are wide open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you listen? You're a beautiful woman from Chicago. What was your dreams and aspirations? Was it you ever see yourself being on a hit show and Bravo or being a part of the entertainment industry or did.
Speaker 3: You have other dreams and goals being in Chicago.
Speaker 2: I did so. Coming from Chicago, I knew I always wanted to be an entrepreneur. My background is in finance, and I just knew I wanted to go where the money was, no matter if that was behind the scenes, not so much in front of the scenes, but definitely behind the scenes. And be it that my husband is public facing. I kind of felt like, I can, you know, manage his situation, and so I never had aspirations of being in front of a camera, you know, outside of the audition of twenty sixteen. But no, no. I remember meeting with Larry.
Speaker 1: King and he was just like, not the legendary journalist Larry Kingry Larry as love Larry King.
Speaker 2: And he was just like, you know, he was just like, so what do you want to do? We met at he loved this coffee shop in la He for a frequent every day he would go there, and he was like, so what do you want to do? Do you want to be behind the scenes or in front of the camera. I was like, I care about the money. He said, I never cared about the business, and I was like, well, if I don't, He just was pretty much saying like I care about being in front of the camera. I don't care about the business. And I was like, well, I care about the business, so I guess you know, there's no room for me in front of the camera because I care more about the business than being on in front of the camera. And Larry King was like, yeah, he probably stay behind me. You know the camera, wow to handle the business, and he never cared about the business.
Speaker 3: And you know what's so funny, he accumulated so much wealth.
Speaker 2: Yes, he are a good team man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the thing.
Speaker 1: The thing is this, you have to have a team surrounding you who are good at business.
Speaker 3: So, for example, I am a businessman, but my moster from the camera.
Speaker 1: But I also know that there's no way in the world I'm able to do both successfully. So I have a great team around me who does great business. And for me, I focus on creating stuff and doing all the.
Speaker 3: Things I'm doing.
Speaker 1: And that's why I relate to you so much with the real estate because I want you to know I understand what that feels like when you have a real estate portfolio that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't go well.
Speaker 1: Because in this LLC community that we live in, we are sort of taught that in order to accumulate wealth, you have to invest in real estate. And your transparency of being, I believe was two million dollars a depth to the fact that you were able in this reality landscape where everybody is front and and buying stuff that can't afford and houses and foreclosure and renting the designer bags and things of that nature. Okay, the fact that you were so transparent about that when it came to your real estate portfolio, is it something you thought this.
Speaker 3: Would be good?
Speaker 1: Because everybody around me is telling me that's how you accumulate wealth in your sleep.
Speaker 2: Exactly the reason, exactly the reason that I went so hard, so fast, so far, and spent so much money, you know, and that bothers me.
Speaker 6: That kind of.
Speaker 2: Makes me mad that I fumbled like that. However, if I didn't have those properties, you would have never known me, because I would have lived my private life. I would have stayed behind the scenes doing what I normally do. And I was kind of persuaded to buy those properties. There was this investor, a portfolio investor overseas I won't name the country, who wanted to invest in American real estate, and so I was just like, Okay, I was introduced through a realtor, and I was like, let's accumulate some property. Let's grab some properties. And I bought luxury properties so with the intention of selling it to the portfolio investor for a profit. Sure enough, when it was time to sell, I had no portfolio investor, but I did have a portfolio of properties that needed to be renovated. So I had to hit the ground learning how to flip properties when I had no clue how to renovate anything. And I have multimillion dollar properties, So I'm scared. I'm frightening. I'm running out of funds because we carried those properties for three years and I'm rehabbing them while paying the mortgages on it. So it just got to a point where I was just like, Okay, I can sell them on the show, Like, look it on the show, Like, let's promote this on the show, not even taking into consideration the houses are not ready for market. You know, you're on the show. Let's hope they show a house.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That. Yeah, and you know, I just hope. You know. I was hoping I could turn a profit, and no, that didn't happen. I lost a tremendous amount of money. We lost a tremendous amount of money doing that.
Speaker 3: And are do you are you still the owner of those four properties?
Speaker 2: No? Fore clothes, No, not all of them. Okay, I still have two, but the bigger ones. I'm like, okay, this house and this particular house was on the show, so I paid one point nine for that house and it's on the corner of hers, like it's a landmark property in Georgia. And I paid one point nine million four and it wasn't renovated, and so after renovations it should have netted about three million dollars. I would have had to put in about five hundred thousand and renovations, so probably about a five hundred thousand dollar profit if everything went well. And that includes carrying calls like I can go down the line.
Speaker 3: No, it's expensive.
Speaker 2: But long and behold. Yeah, I mean I got to the end and the bank was like, no, run us our properties, run us our property in that one.
Speaker 1: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King.
Speaker 3: Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 1: And this is something that a lot of people who have money don't really talk about publicly.
Speaker 3: And that's why I wanted you to know that.
Speaker 1: You know, there's people like me and a lot of people who can relate to you who just did not understand the real estate market at the time and who thought like, this is your way of investment.
Speaker 3: So I don't want you to feel ashamed about that. Anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, because look at the blessing that you have now. And my advice to everybody watching this who are trying to like invest in real estate, if you don't have the love for it, the patience for it, or the education for it, don't do it. I would rather you, first of all, disclaimer, do what you want to do. I would rather you put that money into a stock portfolio.
Speaker 2: I would say stock for sure, right, and the bank is even safer, like, don't trudge it until you know a safe, sound investment from reputable people, because I got my advice from people that nobody should trust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want you to know you're not along with that. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I do want to talk about your husband, Charles. You have a lot of fans and they're called fangelus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: May be the president of cy of it.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 3: I'm a fangela. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Who love you and watch the show, and they feel like Charles does not love you the way that you love him. They feel like your husband is very dismissive of you. He did not seem to care that you were out of the country for anniversary. You guys do dual interviews together. They feel like he's very dismissive of you, and your fans are concerned that you are in a marriage that's one sided and they want you to run.
Speaker 2: I see I see the fans, and it's funny because you know, when I took the show, was like, Oh, everybody knows Charles. We're gonna be good. Everybody knows Charles from his NBA playing days. They know his attitude, they know who he is. And I was reading the comments on Twitter one day and they were like, girl, we don't know your husband. It was like, straight man, they know your.
Speaker 4: Basketball.
Speaker 2: And I read that comment. I was like, girl, you in danger because nobody is.
Speaker 4: God, I understand my husband.
Speaker 2: I just was like, oh, this is go one or two ways, and both of them are bad. First of all, First of all, Charles, what do you know about the husbands that a lot of people don't know about the husbands on this show? Is there anything you can say?
Speaker 3: They don't get paid.
Speaker 4: That's not a secret.
Speaker 1: Know Andy has said that, it's widely known, but husbands, all these housewives don't get paid.
Speaker 3: And that's my way.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go deeper, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh they don't get paid.
Speaker 2: But that's that.
Speaker 1: And they feel like this is your thing, and husbands.
Speaker 3: Have to take so much of their time to do it.
Speaker 1: But that's why a lot of housewives give their husbands ten percent of their first.
Speaker 2: Of all, I gotta be getting paid. We're not gonna go the.
Speaker 3: Next season you did, but no.
Speaker 2: So Charles is one of the few husbands that I know that everywhere he shows up he gets paid because that's his brand. That's how he earns his money. He did that. They're years of work, or the twenty years of work to get to a place to where he can just show up and get paid. So a lot of what you see is me sitting there like, oh god, I hope you don't remember he's not getting paid. Oh I don't remember he's not getting paid because he's like, what am I doing? I'm only doing this for you. And when I asked him, you know, in the interview, like they're gonna think you don't love me, he's looking at me like girl. I wouldn't have done that at home. I wouldn't have been like, Charles, do you love me? You know? So a little bit of that was me putting on because I know my husband, and that's why I said I couldn't have done this in twenty seventeen or twenty sixteen, I would have believed my husband didn't love me. But I know that man loves me. There's nothing about what he's done or is doing present day that would make me feel he doesn't love me now, him being Charles and not picking up the phone while he's here watching the kids while I'm working on a casture on the first ring, I'm like, really, y'all this, how y'all Charles a sixty year old man who did not answer the phone, like.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is foreign about that? You know? And then when he did answer in the scene, you see my daughter like hey mommy, Like he's home with the kids, Like he didn't get any credit for that, and no shade, you know, I can't throw shade at the show or anything like that. But it's like he just got roked in. But he is there in some scenes, he's like the only man and he's like why am I here?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: But he is truly doing that for me and him and his grumpiness that's who he is now. If it means he doesn't love me, that's not the case. My husband loves me. And furthermore, why does the man get so much credit? Why would I be with the man who didn't love me? Like I'm self made, have my own money. I met him as being one of his neighbors, and I'm confident the second time. Yeah, So I'm confident who I am. So I'm not gonna be with anyone because, oh my god, I want this man to love me. No respect is there, and none of this is disrespect. We don't tolerate disrespect to one another, like we don't curse. There's no name calling. It's I know my husband and the world don't know my husband. So I had to take that with a grain of salt, especially when the person said, we don't know your husband.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So when it comes to Charles THEO, what is one thing about him that you wish the world could see that we're not seeing.
Speaker 2: On the show, And it could have been shown like just his fathering, his nurturing, Like I come home, I met with a meal every day. He cooks for you every day every day, like I get mad with I'm like the man in that aspect, I'm like, what a wood? You know what you mean? All day? Ain't nothing on the stone, No he cooks for me, and he's he understands me. He's patient, patient with me, and he gives me what I need. And so I know people are looking for this, this outwardly affectionate person. He's just not that, But that doesn't introduce his love for me, you know, and how he shows it for me. And I love my husband. He loves me too. He loves me too. I have my family.
Speaker 1: I said it on my YouTube show, My Mother and I Live, I said, Charles Oakley reminds.
Speaker 3: Me of my father.
Speaker 2: Everybody says that.
Speaker 1: So my father was born in nineteen forty nine, he's seventy six. He is an old school black man from Detroit, Michigan, and my father.
Speaker 3: Just doesn't show affection.
Speaker 1: So growing up, I never thought my father loved me because he never said it. And years later I spoke to him and he said.
Speaker 3: My Papa, Taul's crazy, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I thought you all this shit and you needed this, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, my father takes credit everything. Look at you now, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 4: That's it, okay.
Speaker 1: So I understood my father's love language was different, and the way my father.
Speaker 3: Loved about my mother wasn't what you see in the movies.
Speaker 1: So when I look at Charles, I always said, look, I understand that maybe this this younger generation may not understand how an old school black man loves up on his wife. And I never thought he was dismissive to you. I promise I never thought that. And the one thing that I always thought was this man is this legendary NBA player, and.
Speaker 3: I want to have a real conversation with you.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact that when it comes to a man of that status to be okay with his wife having her turn at this, that sometimes that's not the case. Because one thing I will say to you, I have spoken to a lot of wives of former sports athletes players right who's who made the decision of their wife not joining reality television because they wanted to keep their wife in the house and they knew that I do not want to share the spotlight with her. So I know for a fact that the fact that you're on the show is because your husband believes in you and he wants this for you.
Speaker 3: Because so many girls, even when I.
Speaker 1: Was on Hospital in Atlanta and I spent one season, season nine contacting, I spoke to seventy five women and a lot of them said to me, I want to do it, but my husband won't let me. He won't let me, and I know that there have to be a conversation with you and Charles about you joining the show.
Speaker 3: What made him say I'm okay.
Speaker 2: With this, and I appreciate you giving him that, giving him credit for that. Just wanting to dim his light, if you will, and just say go. Even when we're out now and we're walking or whatever, he'll push me forward like there she go, y'all, there she go, Like he's my biggest fan. Aside from that, in twenty seventeen, we were not ready and he was more reluctant than he was just like no, And now I know why because he was doing what he probably wanted to do. And now he's just like, you know what, it is, your turn, you know, do what you want to do. I got your back, Like I am a good wife. And when I tell you a good wife, not so much. I'm gonna sit back and let you do what you want to do. Not that kind of wife. But I'm gonna build you up, I'm gonna support you. I'm just I'm just there, you know, I'm a good wife, good mom, all of that, and to go back to your father. As far as affection, Now, if you see Charles with the kids, yeah, it's like night like this is his world. So they get all of that. And I believe this man in n born in nineteen sixty two, sixty three, whatever, he has a certain amount of affection that he can provide or that he gives, and he gives it to me in the way that I need it, and he gives it to my kids in the way that they need it. So I'm just gonna I'm gonna stand beside him because I know the world don't get to see that. And I hate that they didn't show that because there was plenty of that to be seen. But you know, and back to he's you know, he didn't get paid. All of this is him doing this for me. Him showing up in a room full of women he do not know who's starting rumors or who's just participating in rumors about him, says a lot. And he is so no nonsense For him to sit there patiently knowing he ready to cost everybody. I appreciate, you know, it's only because of his love for me. So we did have the conversation when we got the show this year. We met with everyone and he's just like, I just hope you do her right. And he told that to production. I could just do her right, you know, because I know how it could be a lot of BS involved. Just make sure she's done right. And anytime he may have felt excuse me, I wasn't done right, you would make that known too. So we did have that conversation and it landed us here. So we're on the same page and he's showing up.
Speaker 3: No, he shows up, and that means more than anything.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that I do want to talk to you about your transparency on the show because what I do feel is missing in the landscape of reality television is a lot of people joined for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: They joined the show for.
Speaker 1: Instant faith, and that's okay, that's fine, but there is an exchange because it's a reality show. So the exchange in your design for fame or money is to showcase your reality. Just like a singer can make money off of being famous and all of those things if he or she doesn't open the mouth to sing a song. So I look at it that way when it comes to reality. You have been very transparent about your reality. You were very honest about Charles' infidelity, and you talk about maybe it didn't work out for you guys in twenty seventeen because he was doing his own thing, right. What I want to talk to you about is his infidelity. How did that impact you when you discovered it?
Speaker 2: You know, So Charles we got married. I think he was fifty three and I think he was the early fifties, but he had never been married, and so I was just like, I know, he waited all his life for me, and I was very delusional about out what was happening in regards to growing up. I thought, you know, you get married, there's this white picket fence in this house, and you live happily ever after, not really breaking down the individual you're marrying or the individual you have to become to be married. And so when I found out, of course, i was I'm like, wait a minute, you wait, all these just first of all, people DM me. Uh when we were dating. Yeah, someone DM me, And I was just like and uh, And so I said, and if you see and you know on the show, I'm like, my dms are flooded. Well that's where that came from. Someone DM me. A few people DM me like, hey, oh he's married. I didn't know this when we first got married. And uh, someone actually did that too when we were dating, and I'm like, wait a minute, like what's going on. You're you at this big age and you don't understand what marriage is?
Speaker 1: Did you ever come from him with those texts?
Speaker 3: And he would deny it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course he was just like no, you know, but I was crushed, and I'm like, okay, I get who you are, Like I'm sure Carlo dms are popping, but you know, we can't act like, you know, have options in these streams. You know what I mean, don't.
Speaker 4: Interview a child.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying is you get what I'm saying, Like, we're not gonna act like this man don't got outs.
Speaker 4: So I had to say that into.
Speaker 2: Consideration, like Okay, you know, he's been single all these years.
Speaker 4: I love you so much, he's been single all these years.
Speaker 2: So he gotta let the you know, the party know like it's a new So I'm gonna give you grace for that. Let these women know because he was single, who's single for fifty something? So he had to let everybody know I was just like, in my mind, I'm thinking like, okay, I have zero tolerance for this, but let's just give him a little grace a month to let everybody know, you know, like, hey, i'm married, now, I'm married, now I'm danying, I'm seeing someone, whatever the timeframe was in the relationship, and so I felt like he was taking too long let everybody know. I felt like he was taken too long. And so that was the beginning of our marriage twenty sixteen or twenty seventeen. Then Madison squad Garden happened, and I was just it was just like, okay, that was a lot, and so that continued him just not fully committing to our marriage. And so I was devastated because I'm newly married. I just had a baby, so I'm dealing with postpartum and I'm learning all this information like what you marry me, so this means you're with me? And I will say this. A lot of the women that he dated didn't care, you know, so here I come like, no, we clean it all this out. Because he's used to women who didn't really care, and so it was foreign to him to have someone say no, this is what marriage looks like to me, and this is what a relationship with me looks like. So we had clean this up. This is not it. And again the Madison Square Garden happened. He was doing good and then he just.
Speaker 1: And how long were you guys separated after that institute?
Speaker 2: It wasn't that long. It was probably about three or four months. It wasn't that long. It w and we lived separately cause I'm like, this is a lot. But before the separation, I was just like, Okay, am I gonna stick hang in here? You know, am I gonna deal with this? It's just too much. It was too much because I didn't feel like I was getting the support or the the action I needed from him. And so he started to make strides and we got in therapy because he was willing to fight for it, and he was just like, you know what, I'm not about to lose my family. I had a new baby, and you know it took him sometimes to clean out that closet and did I did.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of women who are watching this.
Speaker 1: What advice would you give married women who have experienced their husband cheating on them during the marriage and finding a place within your heart for forgiveness, to take him back and to really work together on the second win of your matrimony.
Speaker 2: First of all, it has to be some level of respect, right, this was nothing. He was blatantly Like he calls me the FBI because I was looking for like, he wasn't forward cheating, Like you know what I mean? Do you understand what I'm saying? He wasn't being disrespectful.
Speaker 1: There is a thing called disrespectful cheating And for the audience to know, cause you don't know, is when you are just blatantly out here taking girls to the same spot to take your why and then like you know, just being very open about it, disrespectful.
Speaker 2: So he was definitely convert and it will take a level of investigation for me to find out because you know, I wanted to know. I did go through his phone, you know, that's how I found out. And you know, in addition to women DM and me. So he calls me the FBI because I want to know what's going on. But if the respect isn't there, I wouldn't And you know, cheating is disrespectful. It is disrespectful to your vowels, it's disrespectful to your relationship. So I'm not going to say I wasn't disrespected, because I was. But I will say, if your husband is really trying to and it's not hard to stop, right, it's not hard to stop your wife like this is not anything you know hard? Uh. With Charles, he was willing to make those steps, and again he did the work. You know, he went to therapy as a man who's never stepped foot in therapy. He was like, is this what it takes for me to save my family? And why do I do these things?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was a professional basketball player. These women just it was easy, you know, it was just easy. Like he's jet setting with some of the biggest names that we know, so it's easy. And so for him, he was just he didn't see anything wrong with it until I came along. So I would say to those women, if your husband is willing to make the strides to make it work, then hang in there. But if it's abusive, disrespectful, all of those things, by no means, by no means, by no means.
Speaker 3: Some of just dawned to me. Is that the reason why when portion made the inappropriate joke.
Speaker 1: About fucking your husband, did that trigger something in you? Just based on what you had to deal with with not only women DM and you are you were dating, not only this happened when you're married to him, knowing that within your husband experience there are beautiful women who don't mind being a side chick. They wear it on their chest, and you having to separate from him from three to four months because of this. When you heard that, did that trigger the past trauma that you had to experience in terms of like I am.
Speaker 3: Reminded of what I had to recover from.
Speaker 2: You know what a lot of people think. You know, I ran in the DMS like, oh, if Portia can sleep with him, then he ain't. And you you know, why are you so can that? A woman said that, you know, said that about your husband. I wasn't if it was twenty seventeen, yeah, but be it that we did the work and I really really trust my husband. The issue was pretty It wasn't really Charles. It was the disrespect to me as his wife or as a woman on this show with you. That's where the disrespect. I ain't even let the disrespect get to Charles. You're disrespecting me. First of all, we're gonna acknowledge me. That's where I got triggered. She could have said everything she wanted to say about Charles, but you're talking about my husband, So first you have to deal with me, and you're doing it. You're saying it an earshot of me, you know. So that's where the disrespect was. And it didn't take me to any trauma or anything like oh he cheated. No no, no, no, this is woman and woman, this is grown woman stuff. You're disrespecting me, Angela, you know what I mean, Like, I'm here as a woman trying to do my job just like you are. And I don't know if it was a threat that she would have acted on or tried to, and it would have been like nothing she's ever seen before if she did, you know what I mean, because I'm just not that type of girl you can play with like that. You know, you can't disrespect me till my face about my husband and think you're going to act on that. That's just not the games I played. But I don't even think people see that the disrespect was aimed at me.
Speaker 1: I wanted to cause again, you talked about it before in this conversation, especially on my podcast. I like to go deeper than the surface stuff. So again, that question came to me just based on your experience. Because one of those things like this, if I overcame something and I hear something within earshot.
Speaker 3: That's not being said to my face, but I'm hearing it.
Speaker 1: All of these memories and stuff that I healed from is now coming back to the forefront. So I just want to know if it was something to where it was, like I dealt with this situation before. I don't know you that well, I'm getting to know you. You're saying it behind my back. There are people who say you steal people's husbands, So I want to know, like, well, all of those things coming.
Speaker 2: To your it was coming to me in a place of disrespect. It wasn't a place it wasn't a place of fear. Do you see what I'm saying, Like I found disrespected?
Speaker 1: Did you feel for did you ever think for a second that Porsche was capable of acting out on that comment?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought she was capable of what could she do it? No, because that goes back to the work me and my husband is done. You see what I'm saying. I hope, I hope that's I get.
Speaker 1: It you okay, because I want to I want to clear the air for the work. It was never about Porsche being capable of acting out on the threat successfully because you and your husband did the work, and regardless if Porschell wanted to or not, your issue was never could she be successful in doing that to Charles? Because it could be Porsche, it could be Princess, it could be polar it could be any woman. But it has nothing to do with Porsche per se. I know my husband and I know that the work we've done eradicates him from even wanting to do that.
Speaker 3: It was presented to him. You were more focused on this woman.
Speaker 1: It's saying something about my husband, and she's disrespecting me, and she's doing it behind my back, and she's doing it laughing and joking with other women, two who are married, and they're all thinking this a joke, and they're playing in my face.
Speaker 2: That's where what got it. The disrespect was there from the beginning, got it. So as far as Charles, if it was in portion like you said, it could be polite. Not I don't want to say, because that is every day. There are women now who would plea with my husband. You know what I mean? That threat is never going to be gone, no matter who says it, you know what I mean. So the work has to be with Charles, because I can't block all of that no matter who says it. So the work has to be with my husband. But as far as we were concerned, you're disrespecting me, you know what I mean, Me, Angela right here on this show with you. And that's where it became an issue because you can say whatever you want. And again, people want to throw you off your game, especially if you're seen as a threat, or you're coming on strong, or you you're doing good at what you do. People want to throw you on your you know, throw you off your game. And that isn't gonna happen with me. I wanted to first establish boundaries with respect, and you're being Hella disrespectful to me. And then Charles comes and all that, my kids, all that comes after that, But first you gotta deal with me.
Speaker 3: In your heart of hearts, do you like Porscha?
Speaker 2: You know what I do? I mean, in my heart of hearts, I think she's a fun girl, you know, all of the things. But do I like that character trait of a woman who can say that? Who could even say that? No, I wouldn't. No, I wouldn't surround myself with that with someone who would say that, So you hear what I'm saying. So No, I don't align with that at all at all. But as far as the flip side, I think she's a fun girl and that's bigger than just Porsche. I don't want to talk about Porsch any woman who can just say that I don't align with Like, I take my vowels and my marriage seriously and as well as I take my respect for me seriously.
Speaker 1: Is it going to be hard for you and Porsche to ever develop a real friendship because of what she said.
Speaker 2: About She's apologized and she's apologized to him. I think it's one of those things where it's just like I see you, you know what I mean, Like I see you, and that's just gonna always be there. And that's because that's the space you created. That's not anything I did. That's the space you created. So no, I feel like you just know, you know, I see you, I see you. And that's if she never acted on it or had any intentions on acting on it, it's just we just gotta stop. At the point of you said it, you know that means something just saying it.
Speaker 3: You know, would you ever invite Porsche to your home? I did, well, you know, like around Charles.
Speaker 2: You know what, I trust Charles. It's nothing she can do to Charles right so, and to bye anyone into my home. We have to have a relationship. I'm not just gonna say, oh, let's let's see if Portia could fuck Charles. You know, That's not what I'm trying to do with any woman, a woman who says that. And I'm not saying Porsche. She has a beautiful home. She doesn't probably need a reason to come to my house. But as far as where we are right now, I think it's still steps that need to be taken.
Speaker 1: I do want to get your thoughts on brit When Kenya did the poster boards of revealing you know, BRIT's alleged past, bring me in a comment that she was under investigation per her you know, for her insurance license. You instantly was like, that doesn't make any sense to me, and she was really aggressive. But when it came to her defending her statement, and you, again, cool, calm and collected, said I know that life, I know that world, and I don't buy it is that the moment that you started to question who brit Edie really is in terms of her character.
Speaker 2: I think the moment I started to question her character was we were all speaking with her after she made the gun threat and we were asking Meia's house. I don't know if you saw the you did see we were as Samia's house and we had a moment with her after she made the gun threat to Kenya and we were like, girl, you did too much, Like why would you even say that? She was very in that moment. She was very unapologetic. It was also it was just almost like entitled, you know. It was just almost like I made a mistake whatever, you know, And I just felt like, girl, just have some empathy, you know. And I realized then that, okay, she lacks accountability and whatever she does. And you know, I've been a mom a long time, so I can see, you know, certain qualities and in her it was just she's never gonna hold herself accountable. And that's not saying anything bad about her. It's just, you know, a character flaw that she had and I was able to pick up on it.
Speaker 3: Were you surprised that Britain I show up at the reunion.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, of course. I was definitely surprised because she had been on social media like I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion, you know, and I felt like there was a lot she needed to answer to. You know, she said a lot, She said a lot you know, about me, about my husband, and I feel like she needed to answer to that. So for her to, you know, not come to the reunion, I didn't like that. I want her to be there. I really want her to be there, and she wasn't, But I feel like she should have, you know, been there.
Speaker 3: What do you think my everything going on with her right now that she's doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think she feels like she's right, and again she she has a case, you know, she feels that way. I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised at what she's doing. And I hate it had to happen that way for her, But I'm not surprised she took that route at all.
Speaker 3: Why aren't you surprised?
Speaker 2: Because it keeps the attention on her, you know what I mean, I'm not deducing anything she's experienced or her feelings, because that's big with her. You don't understand how I feel. No, I'm not deducing her feelings. I'm just saying it keeps everything on her and even while feeling it was me me, no matter what the situation was. So it just continues that narrative that look at me, this is what's happening to me, you know, damn everybody else.
Speaker 1: Do you think Kelly distanced herself from Britt the moment after the pictures came about King has removed from the show, You and her get into a little tiff. She starts to get to a few of the girls. Do you think Kelly just started to realize Do you think Kelly realized that brit is a seeking ship and I may need to hop on another team.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely no shade to Kelly, even though she probably will take this to shade, but absolutely I really feel like what made the Og so good is that they will die on a hill by themselves. They don't care about lashing on to anybody.
Speaker 8: I love that about the Ogs and I wanted to embody that, and when I don't see the other women embodying that, like, yeah, so what I'm brit spryand I'm gonna down this hill?
Speaker 2: Is Britspryan?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Wrong or indifferent, you know what I mean, That's what.
Speaker 6: I wanted to see.
Speaker 2: But when I saw, I'm like, girl, you know she just I'm not gonna say that she jumped ship. Yeah she did.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad I got you because I want to ask you this because.
Speaker 4: I don't think a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people caught it.
Speaker 1: So in portion made an inappropriate joke, and you saw her best friends to me in the pool with HERBIEKINNI laughing at it and not standing upper married women. I felt that Angela Ogley said, which which, by the way, before I continued, I.
Speaker 3: Fucked the moment. I said, I'm ok.
Speaker 1: The is the morning after You're in the lobby and Kelly and her bubble gum personality honey came in bubbly, sparkly like a Sarah Tooga sparkling water child, and you gave her nothing and you said I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I said, I ain't.
Speaker 4: Faked, bitch, bye, I said, oh, do I stand for?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: I felt that as you were driven back to Atlanta, you said, oh, bitch, I got y'all, Samia that little secret you told me and drew where I put my fingers back here across the when y'all.
Speaker 4: Pinky swore.
Speaker 1: Hu and Shmillah told you all the things she felt about Porsche. And when you rid a Porsche to your rental property playing tennis, honey giving Serena Williams, t'se yeah, so.
Speaker 4: And you said to.
Speaker 2: Her, oh my gosh, it was going to be a Porsche.
Speaker 4: Did you orchar state that as a payback?
Speaker 2: Not intentionally, It kind of just fell and line that way, because you know what I have been confiding in Shamia. I felt like Shami and I were building a report. You know, you saw us at the studio together, You saw me at her house with brit She gave me the olive branch. I felt like Shamie and I were building a rapport and we connected on being married and all these things. So for me to witness her acting that way, and you know in Nashville, I'm like, oh my gosh, Like, I don't owe you anything. You didn't owe me anything in that moment with Porsche. So why am I, you know, holding true to this Pinky promise? So why am I holding things that you told me in confidence when you you know, you didn't have my back on I needed you to have my back and so I felt like Porscha needed to know these things, and she did, and I didn't tell it in a way to destroy their friendship, Because if you're friends with someone twenty years, if you let Angela Oakley come through with you know, two minutes of conversation and destroy it, that friendship was already rocky, you know. So I feel like Porsche needed to know those things. Yes, so I did save it for that moment.
Speaker 1: Based on what Shamiyah said to you Andrew doing this Pinky Square conversation, and based on her actions as she was telling it to you. Do you feel like Shemiah is jealous of Porsche or do you think Porscha is jealous of Shemiah.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think Portia is jealous of Shamia. I know that's the running narrative. I don't think that at all. I don't think Shamiah is jealous of Portia. I do think, and I said this before, I do think that when Shamiah was invited on the show, she wanted it and she did what she had to do to get it. I don't know if Porscha was welcoming of that, but I feel like she wanted to be on this platform. I don't know where jealousy comes in. I just feel like some you know, maybe Porscha's like, girl, this is mine, this is mine, do your thing. I'm good over here. I'll bring you over from time to time. And Shmi was like, I want it too, you know. So that's probably where the strain began. I don't know, but I don't think it's jealousy, you know, I don't think it's jealousy. Jealousy is a strong word for someone, for a group of girls who've been friends, you know, all those years. So I think maybe a little envy, you know, maybe I want that. Maybe she covered it the platform, Shamiah, But I don't think they're jealous of one another.
Speaker 1: Do you think shod Me and Porscha are real friends? Just based on you being around them filming and stuff.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm confused. Sometimes I'm looking around like is that real? You know? Are they for real? But I will say now I know that they are truly at a place impass. I truly think they're, you know, taking some space from one another.
Speaker 3: Fadri came back to the show.
Speaker 1: You watched the show before prior to Phaedria coming back this season were you a fan of Phaedra?
Speaker 2: You know what, I was a fan of the one read that she had. You know what you will know is that your husband, you know, my daughter, you know that one platinum in our house with my daughter. So I was a fan of that. But as far as her character, no, I really you know, she was quiet. She had a little few jazz, but I was mostly team Kenya during that whole you know, back and forth because Keenya just cracked me up, you know, and her little reads back and forth with Phaedra, no shade to Thadre. It's just that that's who I, you know, liked in that little battle.
Speaker 1: So when Faedri came back to the show, what were your thoughts as you were feeling with her?
Speaker 2: You know what, it's so crazy, and I was just like, I don't know, I feel like she was going to come for me. I just felt like I just didn't feel the energy would be authentic. And that's just and I have a little bit of discernment. I have a great sense of discernment. I just kind of felt like that would be the case. And I mentioned it to someone who will remain nameless unless she wants to.
Speaker 3: Come for it and she was a former housewife of Atlanta. Yeah okay, And.
Speaker 2: She was like, she wouldn't do that. She's not gonna come for you, She's I was just like, it just makes sense, you know. I felt like she would. And I wasn't wrong. She did, you know what I mean? She did. Even watching it now, I see the jabs she's making. I see the in role she's making to my husband and the thing she said about him. So I wasn't wrong. My discernment wasn't wrong. And a lot of fans are like, don't you know I mentioned it on another interview. They were like, doesn't have to come for you? Who do you think you are? No one knows you. I was just like, yeah, it's something there.
Speaker 3: Why do you think Faedra is coming for you?
Speaker 1: You're watching the show, she's making tons of comments about your looks. Why do you think Faedra is coming for you so soon?
Speaker 2: Because who else? Who else? This is? This is a show like who else? And it wouldn't be Portia or Shramia had her back and forth Kelly and Britton, no one would you know, nobody would have cared, you know, and so here I am, and so why not you know, why not?
Speaker 1: Do you believe what we're seeing happening now with these episodes airing? We just saw this episode that you know, there's this rumor that Phaedra allegedly started that Charles is still cheating on you, and that comes out and you and.
Speaker 3: Faedra have a back and forth about it.
Speaker 1: Do you believe Faedra came back on the show and started this rumor that Charles is still cheating on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know this because.
Speaker 2: Because of the person she used to start the rumor told me it was her.
Speaker 3: Do you believe this person telling the truth?
Speaker 2: Yes, he had a lot to lose if he didn't, and it's just who he is and things that he'd done in his past. He didn't want to come to light. So I found out about it and I was just like, you're gonna tell me, you know what happened and who sent you? And he beat around the bush and he just said, I'm gonna tell you and he did tell us, and then there was just this connection to Athens George. I'm like, I've never met anybody from Athens George ever, and I've been in Georgia twenty years. Never unless I never and to be in a room with four people from Athens at the same time. I was just like, okay, bad production, bad producing. Uh, but yeah, he did tell me, and I do one hundred percent believe them. I do because everything made sense, like your sister went to high school with her brother, Like you know what I mean, Like you come in this room and you don't know anybody here, but ironically, your sister went to high school with Thadri's brother. You know, I'm like, okay. So it was like, Angela, I told you the truth.
Speaker 3: Hated How did you feel about that that was all discovered?
Speaker 2: I was disappointed because I was told, you know, get to know Phage or she's coming by, get to know her, and I kind of looked at her for information, like tell me how this worked. I'm new to realities. He could tell me the inrolls, tell me the inside the inside out, and you know, she was a source of information. So for that to happen, and I was just like, yeah, it was a breach of trust. And you know, I didn't appreciate that at all. And it's like why the truth is so much better than fiction? Like why do you have to lie on my husband? Like let's just talk about the things that we've been through. And when me and Charles took this show, we were like, we're gonna talk about everything we've been through, all of it because we didn't want to be ambushed with anything, so let's let the world know. And for her to create a lie, it was just it was devious.
Speaker 3: Do you think fed deserves to have a peach.
Speaker 2: If she does that? No? No, if that's what you're doing. And I understand everybody has to work, right, we need a job, we need to earn a living for our kids and to continue our lifestyles. But really, I don't think that's what this is. But I'm so low on the total poll. I no saying that, and I'm not trying to get her fired. Maybe this is a learning curve, you know, because everybody is not impressed. And I think that was the misstep a lot of the ladies made, is that I'm supposed to be impressed with the social media following and who they are on the show, and I just wasn't impressed. Not to say anything bad about it, but that's just not though I don't aspire, do you know understand I have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you survived your first reunion.
Speaker 1: Yes, without giving too much away, how was the season sixteen reunion for you?
Speaker 3: It's your first?
Speaker 2: It was good. I am still standing. I had to let everybody know who I was, and I feel like it's gonna be good. I feel like all of the ladies did an amazing job and you know, proving their point or locker up, you know. But we survived, and it's gonna be funny. You know, Charles shows up because he shows up for me, so he's gonna be a three yearion and we just we just it's actually a fun time, crazy enough that I can have a good time with Porsche and Phaedra and all of us in the same room at the same time and we are getting along.
Speaker 3: It worked out, okay. So come next season? Would you like to come back to next season?
Speaker 2: I haven't been home for next season yet.
Speaker 3: Well, I know some people.
Speaker 1: I'll be making costs myself. I have been known to do that, So you're you'll be back. Who in a perfect world? Who is Angela Oakley's dream cast that you would love to be surrounded by on the Real Housewives in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: In a perfect world?
Speaker 3: In a perfect world?
Speaker 2: Perfect world first and foremost, Yo, you.
Speaker 3: Know me is crazy.
Speaker 2: Funny, She's good. Nini Uh Kenya, Kenya, Kenya. We need Kenya, who saved me this season and who allowed me to continue on Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia.
Speaker 1: Porsche Porsche PSA gotta get my shtown girl Drew in there.
Speaker 2: True. I love me some Drew. And you know what I thought about this for just this comment this lady made on my page and pasties uh turking and pasties Claudia Jordan's.
Speaker 8: Claudia, she said twirking.
Speaker 2: She broke the internet on my eye. I cannot believe. Like her mouth is Claudia ring, Claudia bag her run through, like we need to play with Claudia. So I'll bring Claudia and so how ma you do I get? Okay? So I'll bring two more, okay, just because I need somebody to frown at and to make faces at.
Speaker 1: Bring Faedra okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And last but not least, who would be on my cast? And I'm gonna get a friend who would get who would be on my cast would be Charaine you Chiel, Charae you, oh my, I'm gonna bring Charae back. It's like we were have fun like I know. I know all the shade she's gonna throw.
Speaker 6: I know it.
Speaker 2: You know she's gonna throw shades. She's gonna get me a run for my money. But I like that, you know what I mean? I like that, you know long it's were respectful. Okay with that ball, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: You are good. You want a good show.
Speaker 2: A good show.
Speaker 4: Those are some power players you made.
Speaker 2: And as a friend, we're gonna bring shamia because you know means a friend. Okay, I like you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you do FRIENDO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, friend, that's.
Speaker 4: A good Okay.
Speaker 1: So before I let you go, it'll be remiss of me. I want to offer my condelensis. I know you recently launch your mother. I did, and as a mama's boy who lost his mother to five years ago, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Want you to know that.
Speaker 1: I I understand because yours is obviously fresh, and being a fan of yours and the.
Speaker 3: Show your mother so gorgeous did. Look you don't want to cry?
Speaker 2: Look no, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, no, no, no, But able to be remiss of me not to offer you my condolences. The only quest I'm going to ask, obviously, is was your mother and Charles. Were they able to make a miss before she passed?
Speaker 2: Well, when she passed, he was the one picking me up off the floor. But aside from that, he cooked the meal she came and ate and that was as good as I needed it to be between them, you know, if my mom was in the room, he recognized my mom, He loved my mom, he knew who she was to me, so they were really good. And again, just to see her on the show say I love him, you know, and for him to say that, I was like, thank you, mam. You know what I mean, because she knows. We all know who Charles is and we love Charles. And I'm happy that that happened. But for you you to understand the pain, I didn't know that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, listen my advice to you, and it's something.
Speaker 1: It's like this club of kids who lost their mom, especially when you lose them at an early age.
Speaker 3: You're a part of this club where you only are able.
Speaker 1: To understand that it is by far the worst pain you could go through because that's your mother. And one thing I just want to share with you is everyone's grief looks differently, and you take all the time you need. I have nine siblings. We all greeed very differently. We've lost our mother, and all ten of us were mother girls or mother boys.
Speaker 3: Like our mother was our world.
Speaker 1: And what I will say to you that helps me. My mother's been passed for like I think, like five years, five six years. I speak to her every single day, and I talked to her and and she speaks to me, and that helps me here to where the only things missing is the physicality of this woman.
Speaker 3: But my mother is right here now, She's around.
Speaker 1: And I talked to her in the car, me and her gossip because my mother would be like girl any.
Speaker 3: That was our relationship.
Speaker 1: So I still continue to speak to my mom that way, like girl, I'm about to go to Atlanta interview an ugly.
Speaker 3: Child, you know.
Speaker 1: So my advice to you is your mother's physical form may not be here in the present, but I want you to know that her spirit live on forever, and you have gained a permanent guardian angel who.
Speaker 9: Is going to watch over you and usher you into greatness and protect you because God has gained a friend.
Speaker 1: God has gained a friend, so he's able to assign your mother to do things for you on earth and.
Speaker 3: She has you so know that. I want to know that. Okay, Okay, no, I love you.
Speaker 1: Tell your your daughter's good to your daughter's mine, tell her she gets married again.
Speaker 3: We need to let's get advanced.
Speaker 1: Notice daughter, honey, but I want you to know you officially are the m v P of the year and you and and I mean this, you are going to be the person from this day moving forward that I will tell my new reality starts to join my shows.
Speaker 3: Study Angela Oakly because she did it.
Speaker 2: You just want to keep me crying, know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, congratulations, my love.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're so welcome. You're welcome. Good job, good job.
Speaker 4: I didn't ever called the reunion like a.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership with the Lack of Effect Network. You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore