Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today, the Brooklyn bus that had been away.
Speaker 2: They both have so much to see, you know.
Speaker 1: Their name is a brilliance Skirer The Boys Fragons Boggs episode two seventy eight, The Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Not the Companion Now, not the talkbacks, not Slice Time, not Slice Time. It's our time, our time.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like look a website for the senior citizens set our time? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh it is.
Speaker 1: It's like Tinder for senior citizens. It's called our time. Not even kidding.
Speaker 2: A great line from Fast Times at Richmond High, a classic movie with Sean Penn, and the teacher is yelling at him, saying you're what you're You're wasting my time, and he goes, well, if you're here and I'm here, visited our time, that's what I think. Uh huh. Jeff Speccoli, by the way, speaking of Fast Times Regiment High Coincidentally.
Speaker 1: All you mesophoniacs out there, I'm chewing it to the Oh. So, some people love it, some people call it a SMR.
Speaker 2: That's that's the same thing, scary people loving it and then saying it's a SMR. Other people who love it. You said you said, and this people who call it a you mean this, people hate it. People people, But we don't want to drive anybody away eating these put your food down. What is that, sponsor? Don't do it? No, their dried apple chips as it is. We met a lot of listeners on U on Thursday at Gandhi's art event. M Uh, let me get.
Speaker 1: Away with that, by the way, about that you look to get away with that, the fact that I'm eating dried apple chips and I'm not eating anything with sugar or anything, you know, anything added sugar.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: It's your your fourth quarter, scary. This isn't healthy time yet. I gotta be honest with you. Man, I'm up.
Speaker 1: I'm up to fifth quarter already, so I gotta slope down.
Speaker 2: So I decided to eat the apple chips, all right, So we had we made a lot. We met a lot of slices at the Doandi event. Yeah, and uh every one of them said brody and scary. So I was very happy about that. It was nice to get a little first first named love. While once your retirement from the case, Yet that wasn't a retirement relaxing in the sleeping it I love that bat so slice caps.
Speaker 1: Brudie, I hope you're enjoying your retirement, and he jumped all over her. Dude, yea, I'm not seventy five years old. You're getting a pension. Maybe you should join our time.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right. So by the way, by the way, I met a guy uh through LinkedIn who does radio and he recently left his morning show. So I'm like, oh, why'd you leave?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: And he was the host? Right, I said, why did you leave your morning show? You guys, you do? You do it really well? He goes, I was burnt out after all those years of getting up in the morning. I said, wow, really, how many years were you doing it? He said six six six six.
Speaker 1: I did some crazy math there. Brody four tied did four times that? Right, He's he's tired after six years. Imagine how I felt. Right anyway, And Danielle and I for twenty eight years. Do you know that it is a year longer than you were alive?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Zee one hundred's longest running member show member of all time, John Bell, who was there for twenty seven years. Danielle and I are there for twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Years now, yes, but Elvis has more years than you. Well, there's that oh that Elvis would be Oh he forgot about Elvis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he started the morning show at the same time that me and Danielle did and all Your Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But in all fairness, Elvis was on the air before the morning show working at Zee one hundred twice. Didn he worked there, he left and came back. Uh huh, Yeah, he's in. He's there over thirty years. You're never gonna catch Elvis unless he retires and they decided to keep you for some reason. I don't see a very good path forward there. I don't see that happening. I don't think you're gonna break Elvis' record. Anyone's going to break that record, no shot anyway anyway. So a lot of a lot of love from the slices at the event, which was nice. Got took a lot of pictures with people. I embarrassed Caroline. Caroline anything is Caroline. I apologize like four or five times. She had people signing the Elvis Durand book. You know, she's walking around with it, sneaking up on people. Could you sign this? Just very nice? Uh, A lot a lot of a lot of people had some great conversations with some slices who were big fans of the mic hat is going phone tap. I gotta tell them old stories about you know that that how that whole tap came about. Yep. Anyway, my favorite one of my favorite parts of the night was two of my favorite parts. One was when Skeary was in the entrance way to this huge tattoo club thing where the event was at. He was in the entrance way when you first walk in by the security guards with Robin his girlfriend. So I walked in and said hi to Robin of course, and Scary and listeners and Scary goes call, let's go towards the back because there's like there were VIP rooms in the back. I said, oh, what a right?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: No, I heard there was beer back there, well here there was. There was also food back there, which is really why he wanted to go back now for the VIP part of it. Although you know, Scary can't pass up a velvet rope. So as we're walking back, listeners of the Morning Show are stopping him to say hi, and so he introduces the first two girls. He says, oh, this is my girlfriend Robin, you know Brody of course, Oh, I got Brody Robin, Oh, I got it to picture me and Robin tell me what up to the next walk to a couple more feet and people stop, scary and he said, oh, nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: What's your name? This is Brody of course, if oh I got Brody is my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Robin. We get up to the third group of listeners and he doesn't turn around like he did the last two times, and he just kind of points over his shoulder and he points directly to me, this is my girlfriend. Robin introduced me as his girl. All discombobulated at that. He was discombobulated, so and then Robin was like, what does that make me? Brody? I'm like, I guess that makes you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah for the moment, well listen it happens. We had a great time, though, awesome show. There are some great, great art on those walls. Some of it got you know, bought by people that you know, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There was a few pieces that I was very interested in. There was a snake one that that Gandhi and her boyfriend Brandon painted, and there was some squid, a squid like a CNM and e'squelly fishy. Yeah they were And then of course the her signature elephant. Yeah, there was one that I wanted had rainbows around it, like rainbow colors, and it wasn't rainbows, just like very bright colors around the elephant. And uh, you raffled it off and gave it to somebody. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He basically said he wanted to purchase a piece of art. He told me to pick anyone I wanted from the wall.
Speaker 2: You were doing a microphone bit. You were on the mic, and you're on the mic and scary.
Speaker 1: I want you to he goes, I want you to pick a painting, any paint, anyone, anyone. And of course I picked the biggest one, the one I liked, which is also the most expensive. It was the most expensive. He saved me some money and I and I picked that one. And then he goes, great, he goes, I'm gonna buy it. I don't care how much it is. Mister money bags over here, he goes, now, I want I want to pay it forward. I want you to pick a raffle out of the you know, out out of the hat, and I want you to award this painting to the next person.
Speaker 2: He didn't even want the painting, He just wanted to.
Speaker 1: Pay for it, so he paid for the next person to win, who turned out to be Gandhi's dentist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which also goes to show. Money goes to money, money goes to money. I have it to spend it. He's so, I was. I saved myself a shitload of money by not trying to buy that painting because he gave it away. No, save the ship. I save the shipload of money on Saturday Cars I did switching. I switched from Ico, and I saved money. Actually, I'm saving like two thousand dollars on my car insurance from getting off Geico unless they become a sponsor, in which case they I will. I will say, get goes a little more expensive. But as far as like taking care of me when I when people had accidents with my you know, my family, it was never our fault. They made sure we got paid. They you know, they did a really really good job of getting our you know, make sure our car got inspected. But they're a little little priceier than than some we bits. Still still bit but I did save a lot of money Saturday. I'll tell you about that later. I did notice though, because so the place we were at, I'm not gonna say the name of the place, because I'm not sure. I guess it's legal. What I'm gonna I'm gonna say. But it was a huge. It was like a massive store of Manhattan when in the real estate Manhattan is outrageous, so to have a store that size. It was like a club tattoo pallar. So it looked like an office with cubicles, but all the cubicles were like tables where you can get tattooed. Yep.
Speaker 1: So everywhere you looked there was somebody laying down. It was the headquarters for this place.
Speaker 2: Oh, they have multiple locations. No, it was the headquarters for the for the famous magazine.
Speaker 1: You could say what it is, it was oh inked INC Magazine, that's their head I.
Speaker 2: Didn't realize INC Magazine was rough. Okay, you have to have money to have a place this big for tattoos in Manhattan. Yeah, with the real estate.
Speaker 1: Well, some of the people, you know, people come from all around to be tattooed there. And I think that someone didn't get the memo that if you made your appointment for last Thursday night, you're gonna have.
Speaker 2: An audit going on a run, you're gonna have an audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the chairs were in the middle and they were stanchioned off and people were just getting their tattoos done.
Speaker 2: All I saw was arm tats. There was no like boob tats going on. That was That would have been weird awful, Actually, that would have been great. Make up your mind. I mean it depends, you know, depends I think. I think if you're getting a tattoo under your boob, near your boob, around your boob, you get it. I call it a tittoo tittoo. I have a feeling you're not embarrassed being in public. What you boom out? What about a oh? That's uh, that's a twa too? Oh? Oh my god, you went there.
Speaker 1: I had well, I had a god, what a better name than you gave. Okay, we wipe this. We're gonna wipe this clean. I gotta go. We gotta no, no, no, Dad's usual on this break. How are you gonna stop this one?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Call it, We're right back.
Speaker 1: That might have been the little vile joke we've ever made on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. I said, twa yeah, two, I don't know what you're talking about. What's a ta?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't know. Wow, we just went there. We just crushed another line. You you talk about s and your own d and we crossed the line, all right, I don't know, man. And so fourth minute, I got another one. If you get a tattoo between you button and you and your privates, a taint, t a taint too.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say. You know someone's got one. You know someone's got one with like that says this way or enter here or don't there's somebody out there that or also the baenus the bonus. But it's yeah, I guarantee you think someone has a taint to Yes, people get tattoos everywhere, but they would can enjoy it over there. Somebody who's that in the area that is the most under of all undercarriages.
Speaker 2: I mean you have to be. But if you're doing something with a numerical value, you might see it. If you're on the bottom of a your if let's say you're you're a you're a six.
Speaker 1: It's a waste of money. The waste of money, all right, But and that's kind of hurt.
Speaker 2: It's got a hurt. What is that the gouch that area needs to call that the gouch. I never heard it called the go as a No, I've heard of the gun, but not the gouch. That's not it. Yeah, but that's not Okay, we got to stop this. Can we go somewhere else? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. We were starting leaving a run? Can I okay? So can I tell you something? So Saturday night again, I went to my cousin's son's bar Mitzvah. So he's my cousin also, but he's alwa's my. He's my he's either my.
Speaker 1: First cousin twice removed, well my second cousin once removed.
Speaker 2: I got to figure that out. But anyway, he was he was fantastic, but one of my cousins. And he's eventually gonna hear this. He came up to me and he's like, hey, slice for life, Slice for life. He's my older cousin. He's very conservative in terms of his personality and ver he's very quiet, you know, he's you know, he's not the type to curse. Ever, he's very low key, very funny, very funny, but low key. He says, uh, he says f dill, he says to be f dill. Okay, so he's slipping in the lines. He says, I'm not up yet, but I'm still enjoying, very much enjoying, uh, the episodes. I'm about five or six behind, I said, listen, I said, Uh, I feel bad because I I say things that are not quite on your level. I say things above what you would say, because no, we love it. It's great, it's colorful, it's great. So I hope he enjoys the twat two and we're we're still marinating in it that Nope, nope, I noticed I separated the I separated the syllables. Still, so I just want to shout out to my shout out to my my cousin, who uh doesn't quite speak to what I do, but it has a great sense of humor.
Speaker 1: So we are one of the DJs friends of ours. Stop By scared the fuck out of me. On Saturday night, I was the Woodbridge Brewing Company with Danielle.
Speaker 2: I pulled up sponsor. I'm gonna let you. I'm gonna not just the conversation. I'll let you get away from the sacond conversation, but I'm gonna point it out, pulled it out because the slices are always on me. When I missed one, let you get away with this one.
Speaker 1: Got out of my car, got out of my car, get it into my stream, closed the door, didn't even get into the bar yet. Some guy comes out of the shadows from across the street.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 1: I'm like a scared the hell out of me. I thought this guy was gonna gun me down or something it was. It turns out no such luck. It was a slice for life. Oh very nice, really turned out.
Speaker 2: What was it? What was the name? Uh, dj Amish. I'm looking for him, Oh, dj Amish. He sent us as Spotify rap. He's one of our number one podcast for him.
Speaker 1: I got scared first, and I'm like, oh, hey, what's up, Homish. I was like, he's I'm sorry I did I didn't get into the club yet. I'm like, yeah, I didn't get to the bar yet. But then on my way, I gotta go, I gotta go. He came to say hello, and then he busted out of there. I guess he had a gig to do.
Speaker 2: All right. If we're your number one podcast, then you get your Spotify rap. Feel free to screenshot it with your screen name on it so that we can instant story it, you'll give you a little love. Absolutely. Oh more about Gandhi's party. Did you notice, because it's now legal in New York that a couple of members of the Elves Strand Morning Show may have been a little stoned, may have may have been people under the umbrella of Elvis Strand Morning Show. I think we're a little well, hey Brody, nice to see you.
Speaker 1: Know what they had in the back they had They had some fresh flower, bud weed marijuana.
Speaker 2: Well they had they had They had a like a basket of a pre made that somebody thought was like you remember the old gum with the rapper on. It would blow like gums smoke out. They thought it was like candy. It was not.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about this on this podcast, did we or did we not what happened to me in Costa Rica with the chocolate or did we not talk about that?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think we talked about that. Oh dude, this exact thing happened to me.
Speaker 1: My buddies brought a punch bar, which is chocolate bar, and the little little little uh you know, squares like giored deli squares individually wrapped with nothing on the wrapper that would indicate it to anything other than a wrap.
Speaker 2: It, said Geared Delli.
Speaker 1: On the just just like a like a wrapped chocolate in cell of Fhane looked like a Gioredeli, he put gear DELI, I think it's Gearedeli.
Speaker 2: But okay, hard G or soft G. I think it's soft g.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so he'd next, so we would put Cadbury chocolate bars in the refrigerator in that side slot of the refrigerator in Costa Rica. On your side slot, my side slot gets into the.
Speaker 2: The Cadbury's in there.
Speaker 1: He dumps a bunch of these unmarked chocolates on top of the Cadbury. Now me, you know me, I get those late night munchies. I knew the Cadbury was in there, I knew where it was, and I put my hand in there. I'm like, oh chocolate, I'm like individually wrapped chocolate. I opened up the punch. It was a punch, bart dude, it was it was weed. I almost like dosed myself Boa Italian after working in South America, What are you looking at?
Speaker 2: Italian said, but he'd be fun English American.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's accepted both ways, both ways, he said Gary Delli.
Speaker 2: Both times. All right, yeah, all of them? Geared DELI, Yeah, I've been to gied Deeli Square in San Francisco, whatever it is, and I called the Jiliway. I ate one of these, and I was I was like, are you kidding me? Like you just ate an entire one that was like a hundred milligrams. I'm like, get the funk out of here, Like, are you only supposed to do like one little mini square of the nine squares? Dude? I spit it out. I got so crazy, I drank all this water.
Speaker 1: Spit it up. But yeah, man, and I was stoned from the little that I ate. I slept great that night. But why did nobody tell you? Well, first of all, why do you put the chocolate on top of the chocolate? Jetski Brian did it. He's like, I don't know, eg he goes, he goes, it's chocolate. So I figured it should go with the chocolate. So I put it next to the Cadbury.
Speaker 2: I said. He knew, He of course he knew.
Speaker 1: But it was unlabeled, so anyone could have stuck their hands in there thinking they see Cadberry and they see this unmarked chocolate and they're like, oh, I guess it's a different type of chocolate, but that, but nobody said that this is frigging.
Speaker 2: Th HC marijuana? Would you? Okay? But it was wrapped and had no name on it? Yes? Why would you eat no name chocolate in a in a in a in a foreign country? Wouldn't you at least his store at somebody? It was like, it's like when you do the bags of miniatures, right, you open the bag, you dumb all the miniatures somewhere, and now you got individually wrapped chocolates.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they're all but they have the product name on it. I know, but I didn't know any better. Why didn't it say punch bar? If it said punch bar, I knew it would have been anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, this is good forget it all right? All right? Well, why are your dog's barking? Because they the maleman, the male carrier is here? I don't know. Anyway. I want to tell you about another cousin of mine, and I want to tell I want you to tell me, on a scale one to ten, how upset you would be. So my cousin's husband, So he's not blood okay, but he's been in a family of like you know, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four years long time, okay, And over the course of the years, I run two fantasy football leagues. I'm in three, but I run two. One is a family member's only league and one is a friend league. Okay, I I about I don't know, fifteen seven, six, fifteen years ago, I had an opening and I let this cousin in law, you know, he's a cousin's a cousin in law into my family league and he competed. He does a good job. He's an Eagles fans, so we don't you know, it's fine, and a lot of my family are Eagles fans, so he put him in the Eagles fan divisions. Unfortunate. Yeah, And I don't know. About seven or eight years ago, I had an opening in my friend league. So I said, oh, you know what if you'd like I have an opening, he said, oh, I love to I love the rules you play by.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll be in both your leagues. And he's in both my leagues. And he rarely ever trades.
Speaker 2: You send a trade to him and he's like, even if it's close to fair, he'll then send back a trade where he gets one hundred dollars you know worth of talent, and you get five. You're like, come on, man, I sent you a trade. It was pretty close. Okay. And by the way, don't reference the thing from the other league I told you about last time, because that was approved. Anyway, about three years ago, he says, hey, can my son joined the family league? I see we have an opening again.
Speaker 1: I said, sure, your son's fourteen fifteen, he's old enough.
Speaker 2: He can join the league, no problem. And you know what happens when you have a kid that young. He doesn't pay attention. He doesn't really draft, he doesn't check his wave, he doesn't really do one hundred percent what he should, right, so everybody plays and beats him. So I said, listen, your kid's got to step up a little bit. He's got to pay attention to his team. Okay, great. Then last year he says to me, hey, we got another opening in the friend league. I'd really like my son to be in both of my leagues. Would that be okay? I said, you know what, Yeah, he's my cousin, just like you are. He seems to be getting better. Okay, he can be in both leagues. Okay, So look, I'm a good guy. Right.
Speaker 1: I let my cousin in law in both leagues. I let his kids in both leagues. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And I really wanted my cousin, Steven, the one I just told you about, who's very conservative and doesn't you know, he's very quiet and doesn't talk. You know, he doesn't he doesn't curse at all. I really wanted him in the league. When I before I let the guy's son in the league, I said, I got this opening. He's like, you know what, I don't really play fantasy football. You guys know what you're doing. I got to read up on it. Maybe next year, meaning this year. I asked him last year. So instead of Stephen, I let my cousin's son in the league. So I'm at the bar mits for Saturday night and I say to Stephen, h boy, I really wish you joined the fantasy football league, you know. He says, Oh, I did join the fantasy football league. I did. He goes, yeah, I'm in the family league. What Wait a second, I'm like, what do you mean You're in the family league. You're part of the family brody, right, I said, who's running a family league? He says, my cousin in law, the guy who sawn, He and my son are in my leagues. So I said, what do you mean you're in his league. I asked you to join my league three years in a row. You said, no, Well, this is more of a beginner league. A lot of the kids are in the league, some of the wives. It's not a you know, a hardcore league. So I go up to my cousin in law. I said, uh, I said, yo, I what's this. You got a fantasy football league. Oh yeah, it's a family league. What the fuck? I'm family You're in my family league. So he says, oh, you know, it started off. It started off. You know it's supposed to be just the kids, and uh, you know you would eat it up. You're too hard core, you'd win. And I go. He goes, nobody in the league is really hard core. I said, you're in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Well I'm in the league. But you know, he wants because he wants to be the star of the show. He wants to win. Here doesn't one you you know, he doesn't want you to be in there.
Speaker 2: So I do it. So I so this point, I'm like, not one hundred percent annoyed. Yeah, but I'm partially annoyed. He says, yeah, it's a big league. We have a lot of teams. I said, I what do you mean you have a lot of teams. He says, yeah, we have a lot of teams. We have fifteen teams. So I said, wait a minute, what do you mean you have fifteen? Fifteen teams an odd number. It's an odd number. He says, oh, well, everyone gets it. Bye week, everyone's off and each week one team is off, which is weird. So I said, wait a minute. Why wouldn't you just have an even number of teams? He says to me with I'm thinking, oh, we couldn't find a sixteenth player. Hello. So I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I said, it's bad enough you have a league you call the family league. Everybody in the league is related to me. You admit it, you're too good. So this is like, this is like going out on a date, right, or going out with Let's say you going out with a bunch of girls and you decide to like bring in a hot guy with you. That hot guy is going to clean up and you're gonna be looking like chopped liver. Right, So that's what he's doing to you. He doesn't want you in the league. See, because you are going to come in, You're going to clean up, and you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna win at the end of the year. Is he has taken advantage of my cousin Steve as all the kids. Yes, is there money involved and he's given no, but he's given everybody a week off because they don't have an even number of teams.
Speaker 1: Wow, he went through that great of a length and he says it to me to keep you out even like that, but I'm blank and he's like, yeah, we couldn't find it saying this.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 1: After he said it, he realized, what the fuck I think? He thinks you're a pain in the taint.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when you have family that's not blood related. This is it. His wife would never do this to me. He did it.
Speaker 1: He's an Eagles Phillies fan and that's why he did it. Tell me to go fuck himself right here on the podcast what fuck you cousin in law?
Speaker 2: It's the boys podcast. Nah, that's gonna cast some drama. No, it's not. Because my cousin Stephen listen to the podcast. Will not wrap me out and my cousin in law, whose name shall not be said, does not listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Olly buddy, you would be so proud of me. I threw a fit. I had a rant on the radio. I like it already. I like where this is going?
Speaker 2: Nah, I said it. I said it on the air.
Speaker 1: I said, I'll be I'm gonna be brief, I said, but and I was like, you know, at the end of it, he was like, he goes, that wasn't brief.
Speaker 2: But I went off.
Speaker 1: I went off on airports who decide to put carpeting on the floor. There's no fucking good point to have carpeting in the airport, because there is. It slows down what hold on, It slows down the baggage because you're rolling your roller, book bag. You're talking about the middle section the actual walkway, the walkway right the airport is carpeted. It's like that in Miami. It's like that in Fort Lauderdale is it shag carpeting? Like really, it's the carpeting and it's like you're pulling your bags and you know, you're trying to like wheel your bag across and you know, I and plus it's just unsanitary. Thousands and thousands of people walk through there every day. You think that thing gets cleaned off, In no way. It absorbs. It's like a It's like a long, fucking bushy mustache and beard. It absorbs all the smells, all the flavors, all the oils, all the disgusting dirt under people's shoes.
Speaker 2: Are you saying beards are disgusting like an airport the carpet area.
Speaker 1: Uncamped beards could be mustaches, flavors, call them flavor savers. Yeah, that's why I don't have a mustache or a beard. By the way, I think it's so disgusting to have that, to have that, like those hairs over my mouth. Everything I everything, I sip, everything I eat, you know, it's weird, gets into my mustache. I don't know now that I don't mean to like shit all over people. I know there's a lot of slices who have beards.
Speaker 2: And mustached about that. But here's what I find unusual. Now, you and I grew up. I'm gonna say you and I were children of the seventies, late seventies, right, eighties, eighties. Yeah, but the seventies and eighties, Yeah, I know how old. Just scary. You from the seventies, so you're from the seventies nineties. All the men, all the men had mustaches and sideburns, and everyone had you know, bushy privates. It was a hairy.
Speaker 1: Generations, bushy privates. It used to do sports on the morning show, right, bushy privates. We'll be back with the highlights.
Speaker 2: After this, and men, especially Italian men, would unbutton their shirt or their chest hair would show, and their gold chains would lay on the chest heads. And now now at a time in the twenty tens, twenty twenties when men and women are plucking, shaving, and waxing almost the entire body, am I right, yeah right, we're shaving ourselves to pre pubescent times. Yeah, I got no problem though, I don't say you did. I don't problem with either.
Speaker 1: Now that people are removing hair from every part of their body, and women are like, I don't like hand down there. It gets in the way. I don't like hand down there, and men say the same thing. You know, men are putting hair on their face. Men are growing beards again, I know. And women are kissing men with beards when they said they don't like hair, and they're putting their mouths right into the hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty nasty. I'm not saying it's nasty. I'm not saying I'm saying it doesn't make sense. It's long and unkempt.
Speaker 1: It's listen, if you got the drake going, you know, like a really close you know, you see the beard, but it's like kind of night manicured and it's spray painted shaped.
Speaker 2: I like a nice shaped beard. I guess I don't know. You like a burly lumberjack beard.
Speaker 1: But no, Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's the ones that I don't like.
Speaker 2: I think some beards look good on some guys, and you have to wear a flannel shirt. I feel like that's the combo. I'm just saying. If you don't, if people are like, you know, I don't like hair, then all of a sudden, you got hair in the most important place on your body. It's all like I couldn't I couldn't eat the sandwich, I couldn't eat pizza. That's what I'm talking about. I said this, But again, if you have a beard and facial here, God bless you, I'm saying for me, it would never work.
Speaker 1: I'm too messy of an eater. I like a good sandwich. I like ice cream. Imagine like flicking an ice cream cone. Beds getting in it, mister softy, get a vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 2: Those hair, those hairs are getting in there. Yeah, absolutely, get to lean old. I were a heat down. How do you do? Okay, this is getting nasty. How is it nasty?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, eat nice, skimming bed. I couldn't do it gross. Some people can do it. I can't do it. Nah, it doesn't look like I've had beard. Do they come in red?
Speaker 2: It's not for me. Not for me. I can't do it red. The beard's coming red. My beard would when I was younger, my beard came like it would come in like reddish brown, reddish brown. Really? Ah, yeah, Brody, I'll show you pictures. I won't send them to you becase you'll post them, but i'll show your pictures someday. I think the slices want to see this. I used to have red hair as a kid. I had blonde hair as a kid. I have changed colors a bunch of times. Did it happens? Okay, all right, it happens. That's fine. What happens. My people have multi colored hair, comes, comes and.
Speaker 1: Goes, hey, I had a piece of sound that I wanted to play reminded me of you.
Speaker 2: Actually, Oh good, and I have I have a we'll do a sound segment later. Yeah. Full, so I'll tell you how I saved uh a load of money Saturday on you on your car insurance. Yeah. Still the joke didn't work the second time. You're a dick.
Speaker 1: So this was this was something that this guy. Uh, this is a story, a story of hope. This is something that Brody would do if he could take advantage. Oh yeah, okay, here he is here. You need to set up what it is I'm gonna hear.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it speaks for itself.
Speaker 1: It was a real on Instagram, and I'm like, if Brodie could get away with this, he would do it. Brodie, You'll think this guy, You'll think this guy is genius.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm so we could eat for free and.
Speaker 2: Fuck this guy.
Speaker 3: Fun fact the Chinese man rebooked a plane ticket over three hundred times so we could eat for free in the airline's first class lounge. The man purchased a first class, fully refundable ticket aboard China Eastern Airlines, but he wasn't actually trying to fly anywhere. He just wanted to eat for free. The man would show up at the airport clear security, then enter the first class lounge, enjoy a meal and some drinks, and he would then call into the airline and rebook his flight for the next day and leave the airport. The next day, he'd show back up at the airport, clear security, eat, drink, rebook, and leave. The man did this over three hundred times before someone at China Eastern Airlines finally figured out his scheme. A representative from the airline confronted the man the next time he came into the airport, but there was technically nothing they could do, as the man was operating inside the tickets policy. But by that point the man had eaten to his fill and canceled this fully refundable ticket and got all three hundred times so we could eat.
Speaker 1: I don't quite know what happened there at the end then, anyway.
Speaker 2: But how great is that? I think it's a clever scenario. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it once or twice. I'm saying it's a schlep to go back to the airport I mean that's dedication.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have to have nothing to do with your life to show up at the airport every single day.
Speaker 2: But oh listen, if you don't have money or you're uh, you really like the airport food, you know in this lounge, and you live nearby, you know, if he lives like two miles away, it's clever. I get him credit for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you would you didn't think of it. I feel like that's something that you would. You would do if you, let's say you the next door something.
Speaker 2: I'll say, you live five minutes from the airport, I would. I would do it once, maybe twice to say I did it, But I wouldn't go three hundred times because involved with booking and rebooking and a lot of I'm not a schlepper. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I wanted to point that guy out. I mean, I get him props. That's why I did it. But that's a that's a great so.
Speaker 2: To the moment. That's we, that's we really good, we really good. I just wanted to play that for you. That's all that made me think of you the other day. Oh that's nice, you're thinking to me. Yeah, sometimes you think you introduced me as your girlfriend. It's nice. You know. You know who I saw uh on Thursday night we were out is our good friend Cheryl. Yes, Cheryl is the kind of person that if you met her for the first time, after like seven or eight seconds, you'd be like, oh, I love this woman. She's so bubbly, so complimentary, so fun. And she says to me, we know we should all hang out. We should you should hang out. I said, yeah, I see. I see you on scaries Instagram page all the time, hanging out under the bus. Didn't you no, no, no, she says, Oh yeah, I'll come. You don't come with us? I go, huh huh. She said, are you saying scary as an inviting you? I wouldn't invite you've did you come out any time? Anytime? I'll text you? He said, we go out, I'll invite you. I said, okay, good Brodie. So now I don't need your invites me. If you if you hang out with me and my friends, it's a world of heartache for you. I won't eat the chocolate, I'll tell you that much. It will be a world of heartache. I absolutely would be because I don't We don't gel that way. We don't. We don't. We we jeil differently. We yeah, we jel at Mets games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there would be a fight over the check every single time.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wouldn't go to dinner with you. With you and your friends, well, that's what we do.
Speaker 1: We got to eat, we got to drink, and when it comes time for you, you know, to buy around.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't really drink. So it's like, well, that's why your birthday party. When we went out of your birthday party, I didn't even know order a soda because I didn't want any part of splitting that your friends were all drinking twelve year old Scotch as if it was their birthday. Yeah, because that's what you do when you get to your friends your old Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they all had everybody partakes everybody butchersipates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were drinking, like all of them had checks over one hundred dollars, well over one hundred, and some of them were buying for their girlfriends, their wives. I don't want to get in the middle of that. No, what I'm not paying one hundred dollars for a soda. I'm out. But I hung out with them. I like all your friends very much, So we need to like go to the movies or something where it won't cost me. And I'm gonna like, let's go to a Chinese buffet where there's a set price. You know, I'm in for that. We need to go, we need to do you know what, Let's go to a place in Jersey that's b yob. Yeah, that's it. We'll go to a great restaurant. You bring your own, then we're good. A few of my buddies went out this afternoon to Capitol Grill, Oh, one of my favorite take places, and they were about five or six guys getting together and then sex on the way.
Speaker 1: Dave chimes in's on the group chat. No, no, he's not. He's like, hey, so, who's all coming out like this? I mean I I obviously I wasn't because I'm here with you doing this. And Anthony Falco was like, okay, you got this guy, that guy, this guy, this guy, and this guy. And then Dave was like, and I'm watching the texts go by. I'm watching Dave immediately pussy foot his way backwards out of going to load. Well, no, because he knew that the list of guys that were going we're gonna make this a six hour lunch because they all got nothing to do, and these are the guys that by the top shelf Scotch. So Dave was like, oh, wait, on second thought, maybe I'll just meet you there after. I want to get some extra reps in at the gym, right right. So I'm sitting there thinking like he's weasling his way out of lunch because he knows the group he's going with three hundred dollar lun they're gonna run up, They're gonna run up the score. And he goes, yeah, I think I'm okay there, I'm not gonna go this.
Speaker 2: He disinvited himself. It was very funny on the way Dave was a frugal man like myself.
Speaker 1: Well, no, not normally, but when it comes to certain people, you know, there there are red flags.
Speaker 2: We all have red flags in our group.
Speaker 1: Don't you think I could be the red flag to you? Because you make what I said? Yeah, because if you, I don't. I'm not exactly someone who pays any mind to what I'm like spending. I'm just kind of out for a good time. I wony have the sound of that video of the Italian guy ordering food at the restaurant brilliant. I have that as well. Did we well on Instagram? I mean did I send it to you or did you send it to me?
Speaker 2: You send it to me, Brodie, I'll play it. Yeah. So I always connect that Scary. I always. I always joke with Scary that he orders appetizers for the table because he wants one of everything, and this way everyone's forced to have to chip in for his eight appetizers. So he's like, oh, I'll get He tells the way to get called maar. We'll get fruit with them, We'll get the garlic notts, we'll get the whatever, right, zucchini sticks. He orders like eight appetizers table and I'm like, dude, I don't want half of those. So Scary sends me a video that says, if you're Italian, you know about it. Yeah, I got it right here, you got it.
Speaker 4: Laugh out with Tians or like, no for the table, just get it for the for the kids. That's why when you said that, because it get the cookies for the you know, it's always for the pizza.
Speaker 2: For the kids. You don't order some things for the table. You got no class?
Speaker 4: Just saying the words for the table is the most Italian ship. But it just makes the most sense just for the table.
Speaker 2: Get it, get it for the I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't to Soprano did that to get some moneyon rings for the table.
Speaker 2: I want for the table. That was the last episode for the table.
Speaker 1: But no, these guys that by the way, that's courtesy of Growing Up Italian podcast.
Speaker 2: But that one guy, he's like, it shows you have class. No, it doesn't. It shows you want to eat like a gavone and you're blaming the table for it. You're like, I think it shows class. I think I think.
Speaker 1: I think people should be entitled to want to try what's on the menu. You all go in there together with the same curiosity. Do you want to explore you want to explore the menu together? I don't want some some ordering for me the skoojeal because he wants the skoelt. But the beauty of that is then you get to throw an item in that you want to try, and then this way.
Speaker 2: But my ship and I'm stuck with the broccoli. Nobody wanted. That's what every time we go for the table, here's what happens. I order them Mozzarelli sticks, right the fucking way to put them down at the end of the table by you. By the time they get to me, there's no.
Speaker 1: Montrelli sticks left, and then I'm stuck eating the cauliflower.
Speaker 2: I think the best way to eat is when everything's for the table. I really do. And as funds as.
Speaker 1: You is, someone who eats everything and you get your favorite in front of you. If you're gonna order for the table, you say, okay, I'm ordered for the table, but I want the montreal sticks to hit me first.
Speaker 2: They gotta hit me first. That's fair enough.
Speaker 1: If broccoli raw, if I the shit, I don't eat well straight and Haight even said, look, he said, scary. That's that's exactly what you should be doing after this job is over. When when you're finished with this career, open up a restaurant and call it for the table.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just ruined it. Where the only thing.
Speaker 1: I get, the only thing is on the You can't order individual, it's everything.
Speaker 2: Everything is for the Everything is for the table. No matter what you order, it goes in the middle. That was a great idea you just gave away for free. You should edit that out. No, someone's gonna act on that.
Speaker 1: And you put a lazy Susan in the middle. And I had a great idea the tables would be lazy Susan and then this way you just go. You just start spinning it and like, oh, I'll take that. I'll take some of that because everything is communal, everything's for the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had two ideas for restaurants. Yeah. One I'll never tell you why, because I'll tell you why because the first idea I had, I told you this story. So I'll tell this on the podcast and I'll even tell you who it was. Now he's an iron chef. He's a big shot on the Food Network. Okay, all right. We were working together at Old Navy and again I've told this story, and they wanted to open up a coffee bar because it starts it was just mid nineties when Starbucks was exploding. He' said, oh, we're gonna have a coffee division. We need names for the drinks. So I said, oh, how about Cold Navy because the Old Navy will have like the Cold Coffee, but called Cold Navy. There's Oh that's good, And I said, how about a gappuccino. He's like, I love that idea. The next day he comes in and goes, Hey, David, just want to let you know I copyrighted the name, so I don't even try it. I own that name now, so if the company goes with it, I'm getting money out of it.
Speaker 1: Wow, what an asshole. Well I'm not going to be a company. The company never went with the name.
Speaker 2: No, because the coffee division failed. But he is an iron chef and he's a big deal on the Food Network, and uh, I know who it is. I know you know who it is.
Speaker 1: I will just take a break. Then, all right, Wait, why can't we see who it is? Because you just you just called him an asshole and I don't think that I don't know, well, I could still have that feeling.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I'm going to say he's a businessman, he has a lot of restaurants, all right? Is all right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Name Sary and Verdie.
Speaker 1: It's something I wanted to throw in there that I saw the other day that made me laugh. You know, Lester Holt from Channel four from NBC News, the Nightly News.
Speaker 2: Very very distinguished gentleman.
Speaker 1: On Saturday mornings, he does a kid's edition like it's a Saturday It's the Nightly News kids edition. So what do you what do you think is different about Leicester Holt on Saturday mornings for the kids.
Speaker 2: Well, Lester whole tall like this. He's very dignous, he talks the same way. Does he use the little kid words? No, he wears a hoodie.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, Google it, Google image it Lester Holt Natly News Kids Edition.
Speaker 2: I just think it's so funny.
Speaker 1: It's like the producers and the writers are like, we didn't need to make this relatable for the children.
Speaker 2: So Lester, You're going to wear a black hoodie. It's fucking hilarious. Okay I found one picture He's on Sesame Street. No, just just type in Lester Holt. I did.
Speaker 1: It's hysterical anyway, Lester Holt wearing a hoodie is just some of the funniest things.
Speaker 2: I funniest thing I've seen anyway. Hey, how is your thanks You see it? Yeah? That is odd. It's weird, right, Yeah. I kind of came out of nowhere. How is your Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about this. This is our first episode from Mike like two three weeks now. Oh my god, I went to Costa Rica. I didn't talk about any of this.
Speaker 2: No, just your your marijuana possible chocolate experience. What Thanksgiving was good? We went to we went to a really nice restaurant in New Jersey, really nice, and by really nice, I mean really expensive. And nobody in my family likes turkey except me. Yeah, I love dark meat turkey. But when you go to restaurants, they pretty much serve white meat turkey. I don't know what they do with the dark meat that you know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they had like a price fixed turkey dinner, so it was like you got turkey, you got uh, sweet potatoes, and they had mushroom stuffing, and then some other vegetable I wouldn't eat, but you can't substitute. Maybe that potatoes. That's something that I need. It was some potatoes. So I call up the day before and I say, hey, listen, I'm coming for dinner tomorrow night, family of five. I know you have mushroom stuffing. Is the mushroom stuffing big mushroom pieces where I could pick them out? Or is it minced mushroom? He says, that's minced mushroom. I said, look, I'm calling you a day in advance. I'll pay a little extra if I have to. Would it be possible to just make a little stuffing without the mushrooms. And the guy says, no, I'm not going to do that. I can't do that for you. Yeah, because if he was making it to order, he'd have to make it to order for everybody. Right, So I ended up having risotto, a seafood risotto that was outragiously good, fantastic. Yeah, And then I went home. The next day I bought a turkey leg at shopright. I made my own stuff, so you got you got your turkey fix. I had lunch the next day. I made myself a Thanksgiving lunch while my family was out, and so I had my I had my turkey and stuffing plane Pepperidge Farm stuffing. Nothing in it, easy, simple, Right. Now there's people going, what the fuck? How do you not put sausage in it? How do you not put how do you plank? How do you not put it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Because I like it plain? I like plain stuffing. I'm sorry. It's you cook a jelly cranberry sauce, you cook.
Speaker 1: It separate, you don't put it inside the bird. I do both, but I don't have I didn't. We've had this argument before, haven't we I.
Speaker 2: Like it in the bird. I like the stuffing in the bird because it gets the juice from the bird and then a krusty on the outside. I like that.
Speaker 1: And then I make separate, you know, normally, and I can't do that without a turkey.
Speaker 2: It's hard to do that. I had I had to drive what two turkey legs for five bucks. It's hard to stick the stuffing in the turkey leg. So for some yeah, for some reason, I I used to hate dark meat, and now I like it, and I like it not. I like it white. I like. I like it more than white meat these days. And I don't know why. Much better. It's so much better. Restaurants are like, oh, it's pure white meat. I'll take the dark meat every time. Yeah. And when it comes to turkey, like the thigh meat. Yeah, well, the lag I'll take a drumstick. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You're a street potatoes guy or no?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm surprised, bro, you're not a veget potato you know. No, it's it's a rude vegetable.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's a tuber. It's a tuber. It's it's it's a tuber.
Speaker 1: It's not a tuba it's not built the same way a regular white potato. It's not a potato, I know, but it's still potato esque.
Speaker 2: Potato is in a radish Well, that's true. It's a sweet potato. It's a it's a yam whatever. I even both. I was in uh.
Speaker 1: I went to coast a dam, thank you yam. Went to coast Eaco with some of my friends. You know, Costa Rica doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. No, no, no, but no, I mean I came back in time for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: But you know, you should.
Speaker 1: People should start thinking about exploring things, you know, past like Mexico.
Speaker 2: You know, if they're going to go on vacation.
Speaker 1: It was I'll tell you what, brody, it was only one hundred and fifty dollars each way.
Speaker 2: Now, I know it's a lot of money with a lot of people. But in the grand scheme of flying, you ticket fly for one hundred and fifty dollars correct points used. Nothing thing, three hundred dollars round tree. Just sit on the on the wing.
Speaker 1: No, you fly certain times a year. You can fly into Liberia or San Jose certain times a year. Those the cost is is uh Jose, San Jose. They have a San Jose, Yes, the San Jose, Costa Rica, and then there's a Liberia. We went to Liberia and you know, I went to a place that was you know, you can't really pronounce. You called me bougie for it. Go on a cost but it's a Tamarindo. You know, you can find some great deals. You can eat for really really cheap, the dollars. The infinity pool attached to your hotel. Okay, you're sweet your villa about that was in every one of your Instagram pictures about that?
Speaker 2: That was the hotel that was that was It was a castle.
Speaker 1: We knew the guy who owned it and it was his dad who owned it. So so how does one know a rich guy in Costa Rica? How do you just know the guy? Because he grew up in South Philly as a record label dude and a record label mogul. He used to handle like Tina Turner Whitney Houston. He knew doctor Dre before he was Dre. He knew Eminem was just intern Dre. He knew Eminem on the come up and jay Z everyone the guy with meet. The guy's now eighty six years old. He's from the son Philip, the father oh who owns the house. Thirty years ago, he decided, I'm done with America, I'm done with Philly, I'm done with the music industry. And he bought a house in that area of Costa Rica. At the time, the property was dirt cheap, no one was over there. And he's eighty six years old today, David Brody, Wow, and this guy's name is Fred. This dude is like in better shape and better health than the two of us combined. Okay, but how old guys?
Speaker 2: Eighty six years old? So we show up to his quote that he airbn beat out the house to us for the week.
Speaker 1: He decided to live in one of these other apartments nearby because he wants to make money on his house.
Speaker 2: That's how he here. He charged you guys enough rent to cover his apartment rental plus the prophet.
Speaker 1: Correct well, because the house itself was a beautiful house that he built out.
Speaker 2: Oh so so I'm talking to him, I'm like, so.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about Costa Rica and living here, he goes, He goes, the food's healthier here, he goes, There's less to worry about.
Speaker 2: He says, twenty five years ago, I just wanted to retire I just wanted to get out.
Speaker 1: He was wearing, dude, I swear to god, we pulled up, he was wearing a Yankee hat and a track suit, and he was in crazy fit shape. I mean, the guy was like, he's from Newark. He goes run, he runs on the beach every day. He's got all his hair, he's got white hair and blue eyes. He's eighty six years old. The dude, first of all, carried himself like he was seventy five, seventy you know, seventy five years old, no more than that.
Speaker 2: And he's eighty six and he goes, he goes, I'll tell you what, never got married? He does.
Speaker 1: I have my beautiful here. You know who we know, the guy Darren, And that's it. And we're literally hanging out in his beautiful house.
Speaker 2: Well, you think the key to his health and his wealth and his lifestyle is they never got married. Never got married. You look so young? No kids?
Speaker 1: Well he has a kid, well, yes, his kid is I'm sorry, scratch that. He does have a son who's now much older, right, but he's like twenty five years ago. He's like, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. He has a kid who's much older than what when he was born.
Speaker 1: Oh he's older. Now he's in his forties. His kid is almost fifty years old. Probably said he's much older. Have to compare well what he was the kid was younger. Obviously he raised his child. My point is, first of all, could you ever do that? Could you ever just disconnect from society and say, I'm believing New.
Speaker 2: York, I'm leaving this area.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, I'm going to go to a random country where the dollar goes a lot further and live like a king and live healthier.
Speaker 2: Ever, No, Raven, nevermore, ever more scary at the bar Mins I was at Saturday night. I couldn't get internet for like forty five minutes. I thought, I was My head was, how did that work out for you? I had to keep going up the staircase to the near to get near the door. So because it was downstairs, you're like me, I had to have the internet. I had to sports was going on, it was the world news was going on, World news. Now I'm not looking to I'm not looking to disconnect. If I go away for a weekend, like my in laws used to have a beautiful home on a lake in northern Connecticut, drive up there, for the weekend and there was no The TV had like three channels. This is before all the streaming services. So you go up there, like the cable TV you could get like three or four channels. No sports. Uh, the Wi fi was spotty at best, and there was nothing around but a lake and you had to drive twenty minutes into town and it was very well. You get there on a Friday, you're all like, yeah, you work the whole week, You're like, oh, this is great. Yeah, and then Saturday you wake up late, you go for a walk by the lake and you're like, oh, this is great. By Saturday night, yet you're biting your fingernails.
Speaker 1: You gotta get home. You gotta get The general store is really cute, but I gotta get home. Coming from South Philly, it was I don't understand how a guy like that could go and do what he did.
Speaker 2: But well, have you been to South Philly. Well it's Italian. South Philly is Italian. Yeah, I know it is. So that's a lot of it's a lot of stress, like our old neighborhood, a lot of stress, a lot of yeah.
Speaker 1: But still, but how do you go hustle and bustle? How do you go on that to I'm just cutting myself off from society.
Speaker 2: I guess people do it. I guess at some point, like you bought your ear drums. Living in South Philly, like our neighborhood. After a while, it's like everybody's loud, everybody's fast, everybody's moving. It wears out. I get it. I don't know. I don't know. If you go to a place so tranquil, I can't do it. I need noise in my ear. All right, Well he noise in your ear?
Speaker 1: Go to commercial. Shout out to Fred. Thanks for the discount on your Airbnb. Do you have that new sound you wanted to play?
Speaker 2: Fright? Thanks Fred, coming next along with the rest of the Sound all Right podcast.
Speaker 1: We will be right back. So on the Big Show, we had the VIP list girls come in. Meghan Audrey are the two girls that you've seen on TikTok. It's Meg and Audrey and Meghan and Audrey. Well choose by Meg, Meg and Yes and two blonds different Philly talk about We were talking about Philly earlier Dire from Philadelphia. They grew up listening on Q and O two to our Big show, Elvis Duran and everybody and we and but they're known now on TikTok and uh Instagram for being food bloggers. But they talk in a voice that's very bougie, but what they're doing it's beyond bougie. Well, oh my god, this is the hottest spot on seventy third Street. You've got to try the cupcakes.
Speaker 2: Right, they ought to die for? And what is it? They say? Go cry about it?
Speaker 1: They going fox, Yeah, this that's the that's the this ZD fucks And you got in trouble for that on the air like six months ago, didn't you. You were saying that, you said it in the room and oh that fucks. And they were like, what are you talking about? Right, you were like, oh, it's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's a thing. You thought it was a thing. It never became a thing. No, it didn't anyway. So the short story is these ladies, the.
Speaker 1: VI the VIP girls, the VIP List, they they do one hundred percent satire. It's satire. They're in mimicking what bougie girls you know, would act like. But they are really nice women. We elvis interviewed them and it was it was just fantastic. So so they came up to the show and they left us a drop.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's hear it. You want to hear their drop? Yeah? You sure you want to hear it? Well, I can handle it. Hi, it's the vip list, Megan Audrey.
Speaker 3: If you're not listening to the Brooklyn Boys podcast with Scary and Brodie, you're a peasant the Brooklyn Boys podcast, fucks go cry about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, they did an idea. Now, some of you might like, oh my god, i've heard them before, I've seen them. Let me tell you, they are about it. They are awesome, they're great women. They're they're doing an act, they're doing shtick. They're not you know what I'm saying. A lot of people like, oh my god, I can't hit it so annoying. And I admit to them on the air that I started by hate following them. I was one of those people like, oh, I hate them, it's so annoying. I gotta follow them. And they would scared send me the videos and I go, why are you sending these videos? And so, you know, I love food. So they go to the Dude, they go to they go to the bougies restaurants. Dad, listen, they go to the boogiest restaurants in New York, Miami, wherever they're traveling, to Vegas, wherever they go. They review their restaurants and they're unapologetic about it. They don't take bribes, they don't get paid for it. They make the reservation like you and me, where they just you know, kind of call it in. They're anonymous.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's wrong though. They don't make reservations like you and me, because when we make reservations, you say, from the almas Durand show, they make reservations. Yeah, and they go and they sit there.
Speaker 1: And because this way, they don't have to be nice to a restaurant if they want to trash it.
Speaker 2: So so they don't where's the money coming from?
Speaker 1: They do in between those videos they do other videos where they're sponsored clearly, and they talk about products, all.
Speaker 2: Right, because they go to some expensive restaurants. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But their reviews are true to the The reviews are true, okay, So anyway, so the meaning like they that's how they like it.
Speaker 2: They like it. If they hate it, well you'll know about it, go cry about it. Hey. Speaking of reviews and the endorsements, huh, I've been getting you probably get these two. They show up in your hidden requests on Instagram and your DMS. They come up as hidden. Yes, they have to go to the hidden section. Yes, so I keep getting like, Oh I saw your content. I think it'd be great to endorse our jewelry. Oh that's all fake, So scammers. Those are scambonies, right? Oh I want you to I see that you like hard rock? Would you endorse our line of gothic whatever?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Shot, So I got this one good day, David. I work for blah blah blah Supplements and we'd love to bring you on board as an official athlete. This would include free products, weekly pay exposure through your Instagram account. Sure, we reached out because we love the content you're putting out. We found your post on our explore page. Please click this link in our bio and fill out the athlete application you first. So they want me to be an athlete endorser of their product? How about that? Sure it's a scambony, don't click. No, it's absolutely real, scary. No, it's absolutely want me me to be their athlete endorser. No, they don't. There must be some sort of mistake here, Brody. No, they saw my pictures and they were like that guy's an athlete. Yeah, and oh I'm looking at your Instagram. I see Canoli's and Spolia Dell's. Right.
Speaker 1: I was at the Fortunado Brothers yesterday in Williamsburg. Uh, how do you find time to sleep? You're at a restaurant every minute because it's eat, sleep, brave repeat you know me? Were you in Brooklyn to see the family? Were you just in Brooklyn? Robin and I we went out to we went out to a great brunch and then we uh, the Fortunado Brothers were two blocks away.
Speaker 2: Oh, we went.
Speaker 1: We went for some went to eleventeen for some nice uh Sephardic and Ashkenazi favorites.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: The beautiful Middle Eastern food. They've got a whole like they got a lot of different little cuisines there going on.
Speaker 2: So it was it was some. It was some great food in there.
Speaker 1: We a lot of hummus, all your favorites, Brody, you would be like egg, egg plant, carpaccio anyway, and then.
Speaker 2: I end up some red pepper hummus uh the other night, and yeah it was good. Yeah. Oh you know where I had it? I had it at the bar Mitza. Listen. Obviously my family is Jewish, duh and okay, but Jews are very polarizing when it comes to condiments.
Speaker 1: You either like ketchup or you like mustard. It's very it's heated. Yeah, either you like dill or you hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, I asked everyone. They all agreed, No, Dylan, the monsibole soup. But here's the thing you dream But okay, we go to the I show up for the cocktail hour and one of my cousins comes up to me and says, oh, the food is amazing, and it was. It was excellent. She said. This Chinese food on the left, and pastrami sandwiches and hot dogs on the right, and then it's all kinds of pastries and black and white cookies and rugg aloch. So I make a bee line for the hot dogs and the pistrami sandwiches. Okay. I get to the pastrami sandwiches. They're like little pistrami sliders on the plate, but a pickle and some coleslaw, okay, which I don't need to pick on the colt getting hungry. So I look at the pastrami sandwich and I say do you have ketchup for the pastrami? He says, there's already mustard on it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Blasphemy, okay, blasphemy, okay, okay, it's supposed to be pastrami.
Speaker 2: Mustard is there? Pastramian? Ketchup don't go together? What are you doing? Brodie? Absolutely, ketch it goes on. You're bad you No, I'm not. Ketchup goes on all meat and ketchup does not go on astrami. Yes, it does. No, it does only not only have has my family win the Dell conversation?
Speaker 1: Put ketchup on your Pstrami? I put ketch up on my kal beef. Put ketch up on my roast beef.
Speaker 2: Listen to me. Not only has this catering hall decided for me that I'm not having ketchup, they have predecided I'm gonna have to have mustard on my sandwich when I hate mustard. Do not pre condiment food at weddings. That's it, that's it. No. No, if you're gonna have a party, do not decide for your your your family, and your friends what condiments they're going to have. That'd be like if I put ketchup on the pistrami, and you're like, why would you put ketchup on the Strawmi? Oh go, it's ketchup is on all the pistrom He's enjoy yourself. I don't. You should not predetermined? So I go, you know what this mustard on the PISTRAMI. I'll go have a hot dog. I go to the hot dog table. There's mustard out.
Speaker 1: No, they only have mustard, of course, of course, because you know what belongs on a hot dog mustard.
Speaker 2: No, I said, can I get ketchup?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: The guy says, we don't having to ketchup. I said, you're a catering hall. You must have some ketchup in the back. Here's what. We don't have any catchup ready for the hot dogs. Only mustard. Again, I say to you, what the fuck this is? This is this is the lunch. This is the food after the bar mitzv in the morning. All right, So here's what I did, scary. The party was in the morning at eleven o'clock the bar mitzvah, and at one o'clock was like a brunch, right, a little brunch, which is when after the grocery store and buy your own ketchup. Hold on. Now I have to come back into the cities. I go home, I feed the dogs. All right, we go back in the city. I'm prepared now because I was told there's gonna be pigs in a blanket at dinner, because my family very big on pigs in a blanket. You have a wedding or a bud mits, you gotta pigs in a blanket. Those in mustard, fuck you. I stopped off at Dunkin Donuts on my way in. Of course, I got some Ketchup packages. I brought my own Ketchup packages. And when they came around with the pigs in a blanket, I took them out. I took my ketchup right there, and I mean, and people are going, where'd you get Ketchup? What'd you get Ketchup? I go in my pocket. I had, I had like six or seven. People were begging me for them. Can I get one? Yo? Can I score one of those? You hold me up?
Speaker 1: Brot like selling crack on the plate. I was like the guy with the chocolate that had the THC in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They were like, you got Ketchup? I was like, you want Ketchup? I got the good stuff. I got sticky red. I got to stick your red sticky red stick. You read he want sticky red Wo Dude, I.
Speaker 3: Was the king.
Speaker 2: The king people were coming to me, going can it continu a little dip?
Speaker 1: I still think that ketchup should be reserved for potato like objects, and even then a kinish could go either way. Ketchup mustard. I put ketchup on Mike. I had a kindish for lunch today. I had a cornbef sandwich on a bagel. Would ketchup your.
Speaker 2: Washing dressing on the side? And a potato caniche. We'll ketch up mustard, now mustard, although I could see ketchup on a caniche. Ketchup everywhere. Ketchup if you can. All right, I'll tell you how I save money next week. All right, let's this time in two days, boys,