Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment presents The Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg Burgess, Edie Van Adler, and Rick Burges.
Speaker 2: You let's go America.
Speaker 3: I see you Bluegrass Taxi America Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 4: That's Ray Bay.
Speaker 3: Glencoe, Alabama's ready to Tator is ready, Arkansas is ready there really, Pennsylvania ready everybody, the kind Ways and Chilly count He's ready.
Speaker 2: Wall he is the New Hampshire.
Speaker 5: Make you.
Speaker 2: Go, Kentuck aim.
Speaker 3: Caney, Billy Got, Louisville, Laurence, Alabama.
Speaker 2: The hawk Man is ready. The Rocket City Huntsville, Alabama.
Speaker 5: Ready to go.
Speaker 3: Pop Tart, Mississippi says Merge, come in. Were Jonesboro, Arkansas, Scuba, Mississippi, Undersville, Alabama, Fort Rutger.
Speaker 2: Ready, Adiana Ready.
Speaker 3: Hottonwood, Tennessee says gold Balls were ready for.
Speaker 6: Welcome to another hour on another day, another week of the Rick Burgess Show. I'd be Rick and over here, Speedy, Greg Adler. All in for another week, and we are thankful that you are with us. Active weekend. We'll recap it all here today. Obviously, as far as headlines, the bombing of Iran over the weekend is your big story in the aftermath of that. We'll break that down today. Everyone's favorite Persian David Nasser. He's been in high demand anytime there, which means all the time when there is unrest in Iran, people are always looking for David Naser. And I knew over the weekend that he would be in very high demand on every podcast and show you could possibly name today. And David is kind enough to give us a couple of segments a little bit later on, and we will hear from someone who knows first hand what it's like to live under the various tyrannical regimes in the Iranian history, his family escaping one of those regimes and coming to America. His testimony has moved many and he's been on the Rick and A Show many times, and we'll be with us again today. So we will talk with Naser and have his very unique perspective of all things involving Iran.
Speaker 2: And if you look back over history, we've.
Speaker 6: Been dealing with Iran for a very long time and we are doing it again. So we'll get into that. It was a very successful military attack. It was precision, it was beautiful, it was I think send a message to the rest of the world. It feels good to I think this was also something that we've been needing to do for a very long time and send a message to Iran and to our enemies and to the world that we are blessed and capable of doing things that no other nation can pull off. So so that that is that's good.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: There's all kinds of political posturing, which this was talked about over the weekend, just with even family. There was a time that we could drop politics and all come together against common enemies.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately that time is over.
Speaker 6: Sadly that this making a case against this is just bizarre. You're really you're really on shaky ground. You almost just have to say, well, I just I'm gonna throw a tantrum because I don't like this political party, I don't like this president. So there's nothing they can do that I can ever compliment or say, yeah, that was the right thing to do, But.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 6: And leadership always requires that even when you have people throwing tantrums on the floor and jumping up and down and you know what they're going to say about you, you you're bold enough to make the right decision regardless of you know, your any attempt to appease those that you're never going to appease anyway, you know, you just have to do what's right, and then what what happens happened. So so we'll we'll unpack that today a little bit. We won't spend the entire show on that, but we we will get uh well, we'll kind of hit on it a little bit. We'll go to other things and we'll come back later in the show when David Nash's with us. And of course he's gonna be speaking to it from a unique point of view, and certainly not from politics, uh, but from more of a spiritual component. But there's there's a lot of depth to it. I've seen some of the things he's already said, uh that he's put out on his social media. So I'm looking forward to that conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the same people that are criticizing, uh, the administration about the aftermath and the and and the fears of Iran retaliating and all this kind of stuff, we're not concerned about them having nuclear capabilities.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 7: It's like these same people you're worried about if they had nuclear capabilities, they would use it. Uh So, But yeah, it'll be interesting to hear from from NASA. And I don't know where you guys were, Rick, I know where we actually, I know you were over in peerl Uh and uh when when when I got notified cation on my phone Trump to address the nation at at you know, nine pm Central or whatever. And I'm like, huh, that's weird. I'm like, hey, hon, Trump's gonna, you know, address the nation the next we are successfully. I'm like, wow, so it's already happened. Never mind, good gracious, it was, you know, him coming on to let everybody know that it that it happened was up Now.
Speaker 2: I see my pen over there where I got that pen from in front? You can have this right out there? That one, No, that blue one's wine. Yes, it is over here.
Speaker 8: We have we can buy more pins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, he's.
Speaker 8: About there's enough fighting going on in the world right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Just keep your pen out from over here. Then, okay, it was laying right there. I I was probably over doing something important with him over your area, and can get it. My pen was gone sitting in front of you. That's all I can say.
Speaker 9: All right, where's the label maker? We're gonna label everybody's pens. One's gonna see Rick on it, and one's gonna say Greg, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's all come together, Greg against one common enemy. Thank you.
Speaker 6: But I was you're talking about where you were, So I was in Pearl, Mississippi, and I definitely want to think those wonderful people, and I mean, the service is over, the gripping grin is over talking with people and all that, and I mean, I'm literally grabbing up what I need to take back with me. And one of the guys who had left came back in the door and said, Hey, just so y'all know we're bombing Iran right now.
Speaker 2: And I said, okay, great, so it's on.
Speaker 6: And that was like, and you know one thing I noticed, it's sad. It really is sad that's come to this in terrestrial radio.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: When I say terrestrial radio, i'm talking about I turn on radio station and I listened to whatever's on there. Okay, this isn't streaming, this isn't podcast archives, this isn't YouTube, this isn't satellite.
Speaker 2: This is what we all grew up on. And it was weekend.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you didn't have satellite or you didn't have some way to access something that was live. I could not find one radio station that was doing breaking news, not one. Every one of them were playing outdated, old things. They had no update, they had no here's our newsroom. Here, we're now joining this live. Not one radio station. And I scanned all the way home, not one.
Speaker 2: That's a sad state. It is. It is.
Speaker 6: There was a time when, of course you have to as you said, Greg, you'd have to have a news staff to do that. Are someone who could join the network news, you know via sidellite, that had to actually be in a studio to do that. But I did not have any any coverage of it at all in that in that pitiful So.
Speaker 2: That was and it kind of made me sad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is sad because that's kind of because of course, then I go to the place you can always trust.
Speaker 6: You start trying to search social media and all that trust. Let me tell you everything. You're like, before you know it, somebodwill show you footage. Right now, I'm watching what's happening, And then you look around the headlines. Nobody's reporting that. Somebody just make that up.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, exactly, Like here's the beef ifty Tuesday win and then you started reading comments.
Speaker 2: No, that's a uh, like, what's that.
Speaker 6: Here's people right now burning something down. You look, nobody's burning it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, here's the explosion of whatever.
Speaker 7: And then you see no, that was in twenty and eleven or you're like dead.
Speaker 9: Night and we bombed Iraq, right, yeah, yeah, I heard we bombed Iraq.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gracious, we'll be back. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming out.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Strange and Cutters, the new podcast from Rick Burges Good to Know wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that podcast has starred quite a bit of conversation. Five episodes in now. If you haven't watched them all, go catch them her wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: The latest out this weekend.
Speaker 6: My conversation with Tom Carr, a paranormal investigator for nearly forty years. I just wanted to concentrate on what he said he did have encounters with demons. I said, that's kind of where I want to land right there now. Tom and I did not agree on everything, as you'll find out in the episode, but it was a very, very informative conversation. I'm grateful for his time and I do think there were great things we needed to take away from that that we can all agree on. So so catch that if you have it. The new episode is out. I know a lot of you already have. Thank you for your feedback. Always enjoyable and also very helpful. Do you speaking of houses, whether you know you think it's got some sort of a demonic activity or not. Sometimes you got a house you just want to you gotta go. I mean, we got to get rid of it. We're in a bid. The company says we got to move. I'm about to be foreclosed on. I inherited me Male's house. Whatever the case may be. If you're in a position where you need to sell a house fast, here are the people to get it done. And I love that they're The title of their company says everything. It's called sell my house fast. That's what I need, That's what we do. That's what we're called. So why don't you call them one eight hundred seventy three four zero five zero four. They offer fair and prices that are transparent. You need, here's the money. They'll even clean the house out if it needs to any repairs it need to be done. You're not going to pay any commission to a real estate agent and they have glowing reviews. So go to go to rickburgesshow dot com under sponsors. You'll see the number I just gave you. If you don't have time to write that down now, one eight hundred seventy three four zero five zero four, why don't you call them? Here's tell them your situation and they'll tell you what they do for you. Then you make a decision. Okay, So we want to unpack a number of things today. Speedy, I do want to say to you, the countdown to the patch Man is on speed. It is because Speedy will go Lord willing to Douglas, Georgia. Dublin, keep confusing that, Dublin Georgia. Hey, Dublin, tup of the hour to you Dublin. He'll go to Dublin, Georgia, where he will stay the night. Yeah, stay the night lovel with uh with Larry the patch Man.
Speaker 2: Speedy. I want to show you my patches and challenge coins and sleds in the sleds now.
Speaker 6: Really into sleds now? What a transition to sleds to some people? Sledding with dogs? Anybody ever told Larry he has an obsessive compulsive issue because he hadn't mentioned Patches in a while, but he's mentioned the sled a lot. It's almost like the sleds have run over the patches or something.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so you've been communications.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you leave on Wednesday after the show, right, and you'll spend the night Wednesday night this week by the way, Speedy just hearing you said yeah, and then we will go live to you in their home Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: Do I have all that right?
Speaker 11: You do? You do?
Speaker 7: And I will try to kind of give you a timeline update as best I can off of my Instagram account at Calvin Speedy on my story. Uh, and then send some stuff to Adler too.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 7: But yes, that is the plan. And I got a text a couple of them from Larry and Kirschen that you know, they're excited. They're sweet, good people and they're just wanting to be good hosts is what they are.
Speaker 2: Well, and when you shouldn't we all have that kind of commitment. I mean, there were there, They're being there.
Speaker 7: Ain't been worried about things like hey, when you get here, I know you're going to be exhausted.
Speaker 6: You know, I want you to relax, by the way, and they are getting the you won't sleep a wink, but you'll be tired.
Speaker 7: They're getting They're getting the roast or the either have it or have gotten it, and get all the fixings for dinner on on Wednesday evening.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 7: Uh and uh, you know not, I don't really. All I know is from the pictures that they sent what things are going to be like. But yeah, you've kind of got the breakdown, right, I don't know what else to do.
Speaker 13: OK.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's funny. Have you all ever done things that you talk about and then they've become real?
Speaker 6: Sure, I can make you a little bit of that, and I'll give you a list of those, and how cut a video about one of them?
Speaker 2: How fun How funny is it? That's funny? How funny is it that this week?
Speaker 7: This week we are celebrating National Patch Day's National Patch Day is June twenty fourth, which happens to be if you're listening live tomorrow that well, I'm sure he does.
Speaker 2: But I get it's funny.
Speaker 7: I guess I'm I'm the patch person for the staff because I'm going I get all these pictures from the audience that they're going to like different restaurants or whatever, and oh, this will be patch heaven for Larry.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: This little location checks for a national patch Wow. I never knew that. I didn't know it needed a day. Yeah it does.
Speaker 8: It needs a day, National Patch Day.
Speaker 9: So you're gonna see Larry the patch collector the day after National Patch Day.
Speaker 2: Correct. That funny how that just all played out.
Speaker 8: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It is exciting, man, it just meant to be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he really loves his patches. He loves his uh lads, he's waiting on sled Day.
Speaker 2: I don't know when it is. Well, we'll find out. I'm sure that's an easy google. I don't I don't understand. Not a lot of sled use in Alabama and Georgia.
Speaker 6: You know, this is part of the If you bring up sleds in South Georgia and where we live in Alabama, no one even wants to talk about it owns talk.
Speaker 9: Have you noticed that there's that hardware stores will keep sleds year round and you're like, I'm not going to buy one of those because they're like, you know, one hundred bucks for a plastic shell. But then then we get that snow day, and then that guy that runs that hardware store all of a sudden very excited because you.
Speaker 2: Talking about after he's lost all the money on having it in inventory, right right, they put.
Speaker 8: It like put it like out of reach and everything.
Speaker 9: But the local hardware store I remember, would always sell out of the of sleds on on the rare snow days that we would get in Birmingham.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, we never we never even remotely thought slid even on snow days. We slid on things that were just around the house and trash when you had metal trash.
Speaker 2: Fan had pans.
Speaker 13: We did.
Speaker 2: We never thought we would commit to a slid.
Speaker 8: Recycling bins work really well.
Speaker 2: Right, not not in Alabama. Did I ever commit to all we made? We made stuff?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember one time you remember the big hill where the high school used to be before they of course away with it. It was snow day and somebody had you know them old refrigerators that were kind of curvy, Yeah, had refrigerator door in it.
Speaker 2: It looked like a bob sled.
Speaker 6: Yes, And they would file in it and come and find Yeah, we were let's say that's smart. Were no sled though. Yeah, I don't know that we ever had enough snow for a sled to work. It needs a certain amount of snow.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was having to drag my kids through our last snow day on those on the trash can lid.
Speaker 8: They needed some help even down the hills.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the little southern kids don't know what to do.
Speaker 8: I mean, and you so hope that the kids are going to have fun, but then they get cold. Yeah, and they till they get mad. Yes, they get they get so wet. They don't know how to handle the snows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're going to doubt my memory on this, but I can remember.
Speaker 6: And we were little, because we still living in Birmingham kids, and the same thing happened. Mom dressed us all up. I remember that got us out in the snow, and Greg got mad about it in about ten minutes, yes, and went back to got too cold, his hands got wet or something.
Speaker 2: He went back. And Mom has spent so much time bundling soup an hour to get outside, like Ralph's brother, when I mistaken, that's when I dressed. I think I called myself smoke you bear, Smoke you bear, because you smoke you bear, had I had the full thing around my face and brown.
Speaker 8: Good time?
Speaker 2: I did have been a minute. So there we go. You're gonna see some sledge too, buddy. Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right. So a lot of us have been we've been sold on.
Speaker 6: Hey, here's how you do your retirement four O one K, all of these things.
Speaker 2: But you being lied to?
Speaker 6: Wall Street insists the only way to have enough money to retires to put your life savings in one of these things. That just isn't right, or maybe an IRA and you know, roll the dice, you know, Wall Street casino. But but if if that were true, why the studies show the average in American, the average American following that advice is going to outlive their savings by staggering ten years. And even the man who invented the four O one K do you know this says it's a monster that should be destroyed. So are you being lied to? Max out your IRA?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Max out your four oh one K and then they make you beg permission to use your own money?
Speaker 2: Have you been through this?
Speaker 6: Well, there's a better way. It's time to get the truth and discover a better way to grow and protect your money. Bank on Yourself is the proven retirement plan alternative banks in Wall Street desperately hope you never hear about. It gives you guaranteed predictable growth and retirement income guaranteed. With bank on Yourself, your plan doesn't go backward when the market tumbles. Your principle and growth are locked in tax free retirement income. You'll know your tax rate in retirement because it'll be zero under current tax law, which protects you from the coming tax tsunami. How about this built in inflation protection. Your money's guaranteed to grow by a larger dollar amount every year in both good and bad times.
Speaker 2: And also you're in control.
Speaker 6: You get access to your money for emergencies and opportunities with no questions asked, no begging the government or government penalties or restrictions on how much or when you can take it out. So when you use your money, it keeps growing like you never touched it. I tried doing that with the four oh one k or an ira. Let me tell you can't, So it's time for you to go to something better. You can get a free report that reveals how you can bank on yourself and enjoy tax free retirement, income, guaranteed growth and control of your money. Just go to bank on yourself dot com slash r b s get your free report that's bank on yourself dot com slash r b s.
Speaker 1: In a world that embraces mediocrity, they are thriving the rig Bridges Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, better than most everything out there. So I mean you look if you're in a week conference I mean conference champions conference championship.
Speaker 6: Thank you for thank you for being with us on another Rick Burgess shows. Appreciate all the feedback and encouragement and the fun that that we're having.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 6: Uh, speaking of that, one of the ongoing themes that everywhere we go, by the way, those of you who and you continue this, uh, it actually took place on Saturday night in Pearl, Mississippi. This thing that keeps coming up involving our mom. Greg Man, I'm telling you, I just I mean, y'all got to get your mom on the show. And I'm just like, yes, guysys. So yesterday after church not making this up Adler speed, no embellishment whatsoever now zero. So Sherry had already said, hey, after church when we go by and see you mom, and I said, yeah, sounds good, let's go visit mom. Sounds great. And so we go through church, and of course I'd already had to come through, had to work to a little something, got scolded, a little bit, got scolded. Everybody called it on me too. Look, I didn't mean anything by it. It's just, you know, I'm just a good one. You know this has been very right.
Speaker 2: Let's go to.
Speaker 6: Let's go somewhere in the late eighties, somewhere in the late eighties, early to mid nineties. If you if you and I speaking of strange encounters, if you and I had been, like say, hanging out, and suddenly an angel came and walked up to you and me and said, hey, Greg, you're not gonna believe this.
Speaker 2: One day, your brother's going to be a deacon at the local church. What would you have said? Probably not.
Speaker 14: Angel.
Speaker 6: I know you know everything you got us mistaken for someone else, right, you know, I know angels. I guess y'all don't make mistakes. But I think you have to wrong your wrong people trying to give you credit. But right, so and so that's you know, it's a it's you know me is that's it's an interesting thing. And so one of the things that you know, I've been working on is successfully handing out the Lord's Supper without spilling it, without confusing the isles. But there's also one thing which our grandmother in heaven would demand every week. But you know, it's become more easily acceptable now for people to dress what our grandmother would have determined casual for church. I mean, that's it's not uncommon even in the most conservative churches. Now most you'll see a lot of people that dress casual. And and I and I'm one of those people too. When I say casual, I still wear some sort of you know, either dress.
Speaker 2: Pants or you know some you know, I might go with some new genes. And if it's like cold, I can't wear them in the heat. Uh.
Speaker 6: And you know you got your your polo on your whatever. I mean, I don't come in there with a T shirt on or anything like that. Not that collared shirt, your collar shirt, but tank top. But even though the church that I attend is fine with that, on the day of you handing out.
Speaker 2: The Lord's Supper, you're supposed to wear a jacket.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And as a deacon, not that ment the church, just as a dec and so I have neglect to do that the last couple of times. Not because I'm being defiant. I'm just I just forget and I get to church and I'm like, oh, I got to do the Lord's Supper today. No matter how many emails they sent me, no matter how many texts, it's not on me.
Speaker 2: It's not on them. I mean it's on me.
Speaker 6: They give me plenty of reminders, plenty. I just you know, speedy, that's not surprising to you all. So this this, uh, this this particular week, the head of the deacons put in there and everybody agreed it was directed at me, and they are correct.
Speaker 2: I don't deny that.
Speaker 6: Do not forget to wear your jacket, Rick, And they didn't say my name, but I know it was directed at me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So anyway, so I wore jacket Sunday and and I'm pretty successful on getting the elements out and all this. Even got a text from the worship leader thank you for the jacket. May give me a little bit of a hard time, And I said, uh, just have a servant's heart, or in this case, a servant's suit.
Speaker 2: So anyway, So we're going by.
Speaker 6: After we got through all that, walk into mom's little cottage where she lives in her little community. And I walk in and Mom looks up and she goes, okay, well I have to let you go okay? And I said who was that?
Speaker 2: She was Greg?
Speaker 6: And I said on a Sunday. She goes, oh, Greg calls me every day, and look when she this is the face Greg cast me every day and puts your phone down. And I said, I said, Mom, can I just take this thing on? What Greg calling you every day? You can't count Monday through Friday. I'm impressed with Saturday Sunday. I'll even. But I said, look Greg's doing. I said, you remember how Dad started acting when he had grandkids.
Speaker 2: She said yeah. I said he kind of turned into an old man trying to get into heaven. Yeah, And she said, I said this is Greg. I need all the helping. Greg's trying to amend for how bad he was.
Speaker 15: Oh that right?
Speaker 6: And I said, all the headaches he gave you and all the problems he gave you. I said, I don't, I don't. I don't feel an obligation because I was a good kid, right, And I said, you know, it's a little boy.
Speaker 2: I was in no trouble. I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't cause the trouble that Greg calls. I said, I said, this is Greg knowing that he's lived longer than he has left to live.
Speaker 2: And I said, and he is. He's trying to make amends and he's grabbing for straws.
Speaker 9: And because of Rick, because of Greg's commute, those the weekday calls don't.
Speaker 2: Count, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Really, so he really just calls his mom twice a week.
Speaker 2: Correct, Rick's incorrect there, But okay.
Speaker 8: Now, how long are these calls?
Speaker 2: Greg, Greg's got an hour? Twenty?
Speaker 6: Now, I will say this, if you have thirty minutes, if you don't have aging parents yet, you know there are no short phone calls anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, there are.
Speaker 8: Thirty minutes is a long time.
Speaker 6: And if I got to give you that, if you if you make the mistake of saying to your agent, so how are things going, then go ahead.
Speaker 8: That's a hard thirty Yeah, you it's a long time.
Speaker 2: Even if you've heard it. Yeah, yeah, and you're done talking, by the way, it's it's a monologue.
Speaker 8: Now, okay, Rick, I'll say all this is wise.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 7: Remember we went over Greg and I went over to Rainbow, Omega to their campus, and and you know, that's probably what thirty five minutes from where we were sitting like that.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 7: And we were getting really close to the exit, like literally an exit away. And I called Greg and he said, oh, man, I'm sorry. I was talking to mom. Oh yeah, and I'm thinking you've been on the phone this entire time. He goes, oh, yeah, so I know that was.
Speaker 6: Thirty minute called. I mean, they're not all thirty minutes. But Lisa, I will tell you this.
Speaker 2: I stayed.
Speaker 6: I stayed yesterday an extra hour to try to combat it. Look, okay, I was I leave the car and jacket. Yes, I did, because it was blazing out.
Speaker 2: It was a thousand degrees. Even my trunk was going. Somebody help me, I said, Oh, I said, okay, so this is how bread feels. Yeah, yeah, like somebody over there.
Speaker 9: Went to my grandma's house yesterday with the kids. I didn't realize this, but when I got in the room, my mom actually turned down the thermostat and I was still roasting. Oh yes, she turned it down to seventy five. That was notably down and my grandma was wearing like a down vest on. My grandma, it's an oven in here.
Speaker 2: We are rolls, Larry. It can't be hot. It can't Just about seventy eight, can I tell you something weird?
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to look at the transition because this weekend, Lord willing you know, unless you know it gets too dangerous. We're supposed to go see my oldest son, a second oldest child and his wife and they live. They live in New York City, so Sherry and I are going to see them for the weekend, and we're kind of we're excited about that. But I was looking at the four cass in the in in the city and it's gonna be one hundred and one Wednesday, seventy eight on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, what was interesting that you said? What is that you get through Wednesday?
Speaker 17: I was.
Speaker 7: I caught a I guess a weather forecast segment and they were talking about it. There's about a five or six day stretch where it's gonna be hot, but then there's gonna it's gonna cool off again. But let me ask you, let me are we getting into that? I say, please understand when I say cool.
Speaker 2: Are we getting into that cool down?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Is that strictly a northwest? Let me let me do this too. I'm tired of this.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, hey people, it's it's summer and it gets hot. It's nothing new. We got weather advisories. We got it's always hot in June July. What are we talking about. I don't know what is the deal when we got to have an advisory for I thought the storm's coming.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No, I know it's hot. If you get too hot, go back in the house. Can I just not? I mean, we're supposed to go hot? What do you what do you do? It's going in the nineties to the eighties here? Okay? Can I can I tell you?
Speaker 18: Kid?
Speaker 2: You know what this is about? Great?
Speaker 6: You know this about whether people weather people, whether they'll get me hot, whether they will admit it or not. And I've heard some of them, some of have admitted to me privately it's clickbait. I'm not gonna click on it if you don't tell me something scary. If you just tell me it's normal summer, it's always hot in the summer. In Alabama, the year was nineteen eighty three. Come on, the year was nineteen eighty three, and it's the end of June's forty two years ago. Okay, forty two years ago. No one gave me a heat advisory when I was doing two a days at Troy and it was a one hundred and ten degrees okay the heat index.
Speaker 2: We had someone die at practice over at Auburn, which is not far from where we were, and we had someone dying on the field where I was not one heat advisory. And if you'll remember, and I think I think we still do it today.
Speaker 6: That's where the heat time out came from my senior year in high school, probably the first year, because it was that year you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Did they come up with the little heat time out?
Speaker 6: You know you're right because your your senior year was the fall of eighty three. Yeah, yeah, right, and that see if we just come out of the summer of eighty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hey, guys, I got bad news for you all.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hot. Yeah, it's gonna be hot. I don't need to be advised of it.
Speaker 8: No, man, is it gonna be humid?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 8: You the Deep South?
Speaker 20: Is that?
Speaker 1: What you're saying is the Rick Burgess Show simply health working the competition The rick Burg.
Speaker 2: Show, Active Active Active still to come today.
Speaker 6: David Nasher joins us, we'll talk to everyone's favorite person and Ran once again. We're we're hey, we're we're having a conflict with Iran that never happens. Uh, So we'll talk to him about that. He has a very unique perspective of coming up a little bit later on. Uh So we'll talk about that. We've we mentioned the bombing over the weekend. We can get into that a little more too. Also reminds you that it is Larry Quest week.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 6: Speedy will go to Larry and Carolyn's home Dublin, Georgia coming up this Wednesday, and he'll be live from that from Patch Paradise coming up on Thursday's program.
Speaker 2: That's real, buddy, yes, so real.
Speaker 9: So just for anybody that's not familiar with what's going on, Speedy is going to a random listener's house that collects patches, right, and that's how we met them. They called us asking if we have any patches to send them. Uh And they're also also they're not murderers, that's.
Speaker 2: No, and he was he let me know that again, Well, that's important that that was what a murderer really tell you. I rarely do they rarely do somefing do tonight? They don't. They don't wear like, you know, name tags underneath their name. Murderer.
Speaker 6: Well you got if you hadn't asked me that question. But since you did ask yes, I actually they had to ask you. Just you know, say you're out for a jog and some strange person keeps following you. Rarely do they admit it? Yeah, Hey, I just like to know why I'm jogging.
Speaker 2: Are you a murderer? No, I'm good, keep going. Yeah, good morning. No, I'm back here, and don't think anything that I get closer, we get to where the woods get thicker. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the reason why this is such a big deal is because this is a first for any staff member. We go spend the night at some we need to make a habit of it now that we've never met in person. I'm just saying, maybe one and done is a first. Don't you think starts a new thing?
Speaker 2: Greg?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The what about this?
Speaker 6: I mean maybe they could. Hey, guys, on's the next thing. Guys will let you know in a couple of weeks, we spend the night with somebody else.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Speedy buys me lunch is the thing we do this month.
Speaker 2: Speedy spends the night he buys me lunch slash, Speedy sleeps over doing a vingeration, go doing advinger ration and then go home with him inside.
Speaker 6: It's so good, all right, be honest, be honest. And somebody s put this up on the text line and I looked, this is terrible.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you were to meet Larry, are you to meet Ted Bundy?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, you would probably think I tell I go Ted Monday, I have lunch with Ed was known for his charisma, Yes he was.
Speaker 2: He'd win you over. Yeah, and if that didn't work, he'd have a fake cast only hit you over the head with it. Not hate. Not a bad personality makes in you can tell Joe Rick not just a murder. I mean he put him on the head doing things you're like really walking talking demon as man.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's not what Speedy's going No no, I'm not saying no.
Speaker 6: No, no, but keeping but he did share something that we do need to say. He is going to spend the night at two people's houses. He doesn't know, that's just the only met on a voicemail.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've had, I've had some phone conversations common yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: But you're right.
Speaker 7: They were introduced to us because they called your office voicemail to tell you week one their patches collection.
Speaker 2: Week one.
Speaker 6: We had only been doing this show for about a week, yes, when we when we worked from there and want the Cat, we had not been on this show very long speed at all. Right, And then on that footage this is from their house when they News did a story on them and Cat ran through the shot.
Speaker 2: He's so serious right there. Yeah, I know I did see the cat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then now Carolyn says, the cat's going to be on the back screenport there, look out, look at that sweet couple, Carolyn.
Speaker 8: There's such a there's such a cute, sweet couple. And definitely not.
Speaker 7: Of course not of course not so anyway, So that's there, and we won't try to run that in the ground. It's just the first and it's it's National patch Day tomorrow on the week that I go over.
Speaker 2: That's something that's just when you saw that though, there's no kind of sign serious.
Speaker 7: But I know and I know y'all wanted to go, but uh, there's just no way. Multiple staff members could leave during the week and and pull that off. Right now, I have I do have friends that are in the law enforcement field. Going you clearly need somebody with you.
Speaker 2: So I'm not worried about the two of them. So we're good. We're good, and and.
Speaker 7: I'll let them know when we're leaving and get there Wednesday evening and have dinner with them. And I'm sure look at patches, and I got some patches to bring in. I don't forget those. Do not forget those. I even thought about putting them in my truck.
Speaker 2: Do y'all do that?
Speaker 7: Like if I have if I've got to bring something or whatever, I'll go while I'm thinking about and put it in the truck.
Speaker 2: I need to go put those passes.
Speaker 6: And then what about when you're done with it, But it's something you're taking back home and you forget you ride around with it for like months. Every time I go to the back seat, they god, let's take that to house and the listener will remember this. It was a very kind gesture. We had vox Seats give us purple worms because of Dad's love of purple, the plastic purple worm, and I knew that I would never get them to the farm.
Speaker 2: If I didn't keep them in my truck. They were in there so long they melted.
Speaker 19: O no.
Speaker 2: Purple.
Speaker 6: It was a big glove of purple. But but I did salvage some of them and I did finally get them to the farm last week. If I but if I left them in there on my desk, they would have never made it. I would have I would have walked up to the farm. And then you know, I hate when you get then you forget something and you start dogging it all stupid. So so anyway, they're not going to spike my drink. So and they are going to serve speedy roast beef.
Speaker 2: So that's good. Yeah, and that what you're happening. Yeah, bring your own bottled water. HM, take your chance, take your chance to get some micro Classic in there drinking glass. And you wake up. It's two days later.
Speaker 13: I got s.
Speaker 2: What happened? I do feel quite right?
Speaker 21: What happens?
Speaker 2: The lower back hurt.
Speaker 15: God.
Speaker 2: They're a sweet couple. I like the word precious. There are the precious is what they are. They're a sweet little couple. I don't know what that is. We had and he knows we're kidding.
Speaker 8: So he knows we're kidding around about him being a murderer.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 6: Have you had anybody maybe from that area, Oh yeah, to give you a heads up?
Speaker 2: Ring there? What if? And they all just disappear, you know, because think about how much we want, to think about how much we want references. We're not We're not even remotely getting references. No, Rick, No one guy who's tarting by him had to go buy him some black and miles. That a guy that said, now his pastor did he send a text at or is accomplice?
Speaker 19: You?
Speaker 2: Are you going to church with him?
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's a lot there's a lot of moving parts here. I don't know if I can't get there in time.
Speaker 2: The top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, look y'all heard me talk on the show. A lot of people are talking about it.
Speaker 6: Have become kind of a kind of a handyman, and probably the reason that Brunt has reached out to say, Rick, tell your fellow hard working men about our durable work boot You feel them when you get home. Guys you've had a tough day, pull your boots off, you know, and your feet are just wrecked. You're like, good grief. I knew I had to have these boots today, but boy, the comfort is just horrible. Well, that day is over because I'm introducing you to Brunt and let me tell you their mart They're Marrin Boots.
Speaker 2: Good gracious.
Speaker 6: You talk about lightweight, waterproof, slip and oil resistant. Of course, you know, I guess I need that now since everybody thinks I need help getting up and down steps. But they're so comfortable. Really, it's like putting on sneakers, but yet they're work boots. There's no break in period, there's no blisters. These boots are built for real work and built to last. Over half a million people have made the swim not surprising.
Speaker 2: I love these boots. They're fantastic. They've reinvented comfort for the hardest workers out there. And for a limited time, we're going to get you ten dollars off at Brunt by using the code RIC at checkout. Just head to Brunt Workware dot com b are yount Workware dot com use the code rick and you'll be all set even better. Brunt lets you try all their products own the job, and all their products have free shipping after you purchase, they'll ask where you heard about it, So be sure you support our show and tell them that we sent you.
Speaker 6: You ready to go, get the most comfortable workboots you've ever had, endurable, and everything that you need in a workboot except the discomfort. Go to brook I mean Brunt Workwear dot com. Bruint Bruntworkwear dot com. Don't forget the code, Rick.
Speaker 5: You've got a listen up. You know what we say as you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being with us America a brand new hour and we are thankful you're here. You miss any part of the show, you know every day there's a daily podcast archive of the show.
Speaker 2: Be sure you're following that.
Speaker 6: Go wherever you get podcasts and go Rick Burgess Show and follow our podcast archive.
Speaker 2: You'll get an alert every day when it's ready to go, and then you never you never have to worry about it.
Speaker 6: You can always grab any part you missed that maybe doesn't work out on your normal routine every day, maybe you want to go back and catch something that you want to hear again. Also to burs you get an archive every day too, full archive there on the YouTube channel and an hour of the best of video for those of you that.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to Blaze TV.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Blaze TV, we have a new podcast with them called Strange Encounters. It's about spiritual warfare. Episode five came out this past weekend. For those of you that love reminiscing about the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show, that's also a brand new podcast, the Best of Rick and Bubba. It's our greatest moments, all that Radio Gold. You can also find that where you get podcast. Episode twenty three came out this past weekend, So grab that if you haven't and relived some of those great moments of those wonderful decades of Radio Gold. Okay, So I do want to say thank you. This past weekend, I had the honor of going over to Park Place Baptist Church and Beautiful Pearl, Mississippi, Hey Brand, Burrow and Pearl right there to what a beautiful place and what a great community and got to go over and they could not have been better host. I want to thank the senior pastor, Keith Grubbs. You know I tell churches all the time when they're talking to our team they're at the manchurch dot Com. The one thing that will probably give you the most success is if you have a pastor that buys in. If the pastor doesn't buy in, I mean, we'll help you and we'll work, but you're always going to kind of be going uphill if the pastor does not embrace and buy in and endorse the need of a healthy men's ministry in the church. Well, certainly Keith Grubbs has I mean he met me in the parking lot. He's very, very involved. They finished their first year and they just did a wonderful job. They have nine different small groups all doing the curriculum and this was the transition to year two. We added i think twenty three new men into the small groups, which was great. We saw men, you know, decide to repent and and follow Jesus and that was wonderful. We had an altar full and that was the night of high Challenge and now they move into too high equipping and they were just outstanding host and thank you for all the feedback on the show. And they had some of the books there, Men Don't Run in the Rain. It was great to get feedback on that. And here's some testimonies and some men picking that up and then some of our devotionals and then they go into the second curriculum.
Speaker 2: So it was just it was a wonderful time.
Speaker 6: And drove over there on Saturday, had a nice little drive and you know, listen to the actually archives of the show, and you know, listening to and you know, and when you hear us, you know, when you hear the show, you you realize, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we all desperately need help. I mean, we really do.
Speaker 6: There were moments when you go back and I said, so that we actually talked about that, and you hear our discussions and so anyway, I wanted to tell you guys, all of you here, you guys do a great job too. What an honor to be on the show with you guys. And thanks to those men for their help. I will tell you if you're looking for another opportunity, you look no further than this coming Saturday, the twenty eighth, I will not be speaking, but Brian Dawson will. This is going to be in Burlington, Kentucky. You have ever been to Burlington, Kentucky. Burlington, Kentucky. So he'll be at Florence Baptist Temple and they'll be kicking off our strategy four o'clock coming up this this Saturday, the twenty eighth, So Brian Dawson, if you're looking for somewhere near you in Burlington, Kentucky, and you can always find those upcoming events at the Maan Church dot com. So thank you Pearl Mississippi and Park Place Baptist for a wonderful time. And I really enjoyed hanging out with the men and talking about the show and hearing things that were going on with them too, So that was just incredibly encouraging.
Speaker 2: And I didn't get any kind of trouble or anything like that. And it was smooth.
Speaker 6: Everything seemed to go smooth, no no problems at all, no no issue it was. It was a smooth run. So I didn't have length smooth well, you know what it's the beauty of it is. It was a nice three hour ride over and a nice three hour ride back, and uh and I slept really good Saturday night, and and but but that it was a you know when you're thinking about like even for church on Sunday, Okay, so I've got to get up at seven. I mean that's so far removed from three point fifteen. Yeah, even even getting in bed at midnight. I mean you're still sleeping seven hours. Yeah, So that was that was great. That was moving in promadd so also some other things that we do need to discuss today. I do know over the weekend, Speedy, and I'll go ahead and bring this up. I mean, so, no, so you what you got, so you don't so you don't have to. Okay, we pick up a couple of champions over the weekend. Yes, it looks like Greg, I know that you were excited about the NBA Final.
Speaker 2: Sure who was in it?
Speaker 6: Look at you, Rick, that would be Oklahoma City, uh in Indiana? Okay, how about that, Speedy.
Speaker 2: You that's not bad, Share, not bad. Like our updates have helped, y'all.
Speaker 6: Sherry and I were having dinner last night and I noticed over her head where we were that I saw them doing the build up. I said, oh, I think the NBA Finals are tonight. And I said, I got to know right now, Share, I want to look at you right now, tell me a team that's in the NBA Finals. And she looked at me and she goes the Celtics, And I said, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, that's not bad. That's our team. That's the way to I said, you sound like you sound like Greg.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: But anyway, I said, no, baby, I said, there's no way you get these too. There's no way, no under zero circumstance, because you get these right. And she said, I said, I'm gonna say them to you. How about Oklahoma City in Indiana? She because I didn't even know they had teams? Yeah, And I said I didn't either. So so anyway, so there you go. I found myself and I guess I'm ojoed Indiana. I guess I was kind of of I found myself draving. Now looks like that they get the thunder blew them out in the game. Look, I found myself being pulled toward Indiana a little bit because I don't know why. I just started kind of thinking about it, and I thought, well, where do I have a tie. So you know, Brody's in laws, his father in law is from Indiana. Rich Wingo is from Indiana. Brody my son pulls for the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 2: So I said, okay, I think I'll go with you.
Speaker 22: You're in.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Indiana. And of course I'm mojoed them. And they got the Yeah, so there, And oh Tiger fans, l.
Speaker 6: M L s U baseball fans, they don't play no game good LSU in general, their fans are pretty intense. But the m L s U Tigers sweep Carolina.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the best of three, they swept them to win the College World Series. And I think that's their second one and three years.
Speaker 2: Go Tigers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I hated it was a little game two. Uh, the final game was a little tainted, and I hated it because nothing against L s U.
Speaker 2: They still won it, and probably.
Speaker 7: I just hate when umpires do what they did, And I mean they got a little they got a little sensitive, and they kicked Coastal's head coach and first assistant out of the game in the first inning of the.
Speaker 2: College Series Game two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, apparently the first base coach was barking from his coaches box and the homeplate.
Speaker 2: Din't like it. Yeah, and he didn't like it. Yeah, he got he got tripped.
Speaker 8: And yes, look at him, rawly kicks his leg up in the air like woo.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows what we're talking about, guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the the umpires, uh, whenever they so that happened, and then they looked to the dugout and and gave them a warning, and the.
Speaker 2: Coach said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: And then he pointed down to the first base box where the first base coach was hollering because they felt like they had missed some some calls. And the head coach stepped out and said, you've missed three. In other words, you've missed three calls so far in the game. It's only the first inning home played on by I said, you're out at which I thought was a little quick.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 7: And then the umpires come rushing in to try to protect the home plate umpire and one of them either flopped or tripped on one of the other umpires or something fell down and made all dramatic. Yeah, were you just hate that that with that happened, That's what they were talking about. It looked like he really flopped.
Speaker 6: The dump looked a little bit drum They become a little bit drama queen ish lately.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do want to ask you about one thing I forgot.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. In a world that has gone nuts, they are here to well to point it out. The Wick budget.
Speaker 2: Thank you America for a brand new day. Hanging out with us.
Speaker 6: We are grateful. We have a lot still to cover today, David Nasher joins us. Later we'll talk a ron from everyone's favorite version, David nashas, So that's coming up a little bit later on on the program. If you miss that, catch it in the archives today.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: So, I want y'all to shoot me straight, because there was one thing that one of the guys over the weekend just put on text Nation and he's like, Birge, you'll have something out. Well, I wasn't gonna talk about it. I mean, you know, it was just a good experience, and I'm thankful for them. I want to ask y'all and I want y'all to shoot me straight. We have to be honest with each other here if we're going to help each other, right, Okay, yeah, you know, And unlike Tom Cruise and a few good men, I can handle the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do I seem feeble to you? Am I getting more feeble.
Speaker 8: That I wouldn't say feeble?
Speaker 2: Do I get around pretty well?
Speaker 8: I think you get the difference. You know, sometimes you can struggle to get around but still not be feeble.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 8: So I think you do struggle to get around. But I don't think you're feeble.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, and that's a compliment because I actually had lunch with a childhood friend.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm talking about we've known each other since we were tiny. Okay, it's not like I mean. And he and I both agreed we're about the same age. I'm a little bit older than him by a couple of months. And we sat down for lunch. We get we see each other maybe once or twice a year, okay, okay, and we'll try to catch up. And so we were doing full blown we're here for the long haul. I don't have to be anywhere, you don't have to be anywhere. We're talking to or done. And the first thing that we addressed, because he said, and I agree, he said, you realize that up to sixty, I think we're able to make a case that we're not getting older. He goes, there's no there's no painting sixty. He goes, I mean, if you're sixty, you're an older man.
Speaker 2: Okay. And we both had to just deal with that and we just sat there a minute. We just resonated. We pictured ourselves when we were young people who said they were sixty and how it felt.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But anyway, so this this happened, and I wasn't going to bring it up because I think that it was all coming from a good place.
Speaker 2: But it started kind of get in my head a little bit.
Speaker 6: So anytime you go somewhere you know, and you're greeted by the host of the event, it's always a great thing to get.
Speaker 2: To know them. And we talked.
Speaker 6: So I'm walking in with the senior pastor at park Place in Pearl, Misissippi, and he said, if you want to after we have something to eat, if you want to take some time to go over your notes, pray, just have some quiet time, you can use my office.
Speaker 2: That's pretty common, that's not abnormal. Okay.
Speaker 6: So the minute we went to his office, he turned down a couple of steps. He said, now watch the steps now. And I didn't think think about it.
Speaker 2: Watch step.
Speaker 6: There was nothing there because I thought, maybe these are precarious steps on the drive get you. Maybe they've knocked some people down. I didn't think anything about it. Okay, kid, you not. We go all right, So let's go in here for the mic check. Okay, come into the sanctuary. You look around. Here's your headset, I have to. I always ask for two ears if it's possible. I'd rather have a handheld mike. If you don't have two ears on the headset, these one ear headsets, I wrestle those like there's some kind of animal attack in my head.
Speaker 2: I can't keep them on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so anyway, if it's not two ears, I'd just rather have a handheld or I'll just stay behind the podium. So I'm sorry the lectern on the podium right So anyway, that guy's gonna be very proud of us. So there's steps going up to the stage. Hey, watch those steps right there. There's no rails. I kind of looked and I was like, yes, okay, thank you. That's two steps. Protection that's two steps that he's warned me about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Then then I think, well that's got to be it. Hey, when you go up virtue of the lectern, there's a rug right there. Don't trip over it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, this guy's this real trip trip sensitive. What's going on? He worries about it by tripping. Well, there's two things, three warnings. Yeah, I mean, am I does he see me as like a.
Speaker 8: Dramatic lights on stage?
Speaker 2: No, I think I think I can maneuver these steps in this rug.
Speaker 7: I really do like there's one of two things. And you alluded to it, the the the warning because he's worried that that's kind of it. It could be though, Hey, these have given us fits before, and it's easy to misive or fall, you know, So just a heads up because it's either that or you look like you could fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of the two. You may have just been having one of them days. It's one of two.
Speaker 7: I mean, it could be that maybe the rug has given people fits. And he's like, hey, you know, and both steps and the steps, I'm not worried. I don't know about the steps. Watch your step.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He literally said, there's no rail, there's just three steps up to the stage. Just all it is. Did you not have your legs under you after the long drive?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know, when you get out of the gates. I think your gate is a little misleading.
Speaker 2: Somebody taxations, I think you walk. Somebody who text Nation says, I walk like there's rocks in my shoes. There you go.
Speaker 9: Yeahh I think your walk is a little misleading. It looks like you I have a struggle, but you're strong. Yeah, you just don't walk good, right, Okay, that's from strong as you just don't walk like it. Yeah, you don't walk like So would you give me a warning?
Speaker 2: Would you say? How old is the singer pastor? He's probably I don't know, he like he was probably in his forties. Oh yeah, he was concerned. He thought you were going, oh he's just being at yellower.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe fifties, I don't know. He had he had great hair, Like did he have any problem of the stairs? He did not, And and and it's like I was people like well, and I'm like, you know what it felt like, you know how sometimes you like we all have these people that we remember when they were younger and they're still speaking, and you're bringing them back. You're like, hey, this is a guy there because I no longer considered the Hey you know this, you've heard of this guy.
Speaker 2: Now, it's like is he still alive?
Speaker 23: You know?
Speaker 6: And and so and so it's almost like you know, you bring them in, but you think, hey, they've been around a while. We need to we need to escore him to the up there, to the elector. And you know this just let's be sure they're steady.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'll still move around the stage and all that. I'm good. So he wasn't your age?
Speaker 9: No, Okay, that's different because I was thinking if he if he was, you know, when you're speaking and sometimes there's like you know, the glow and the dark tape and a guy who even have like a flashlight on the ground, like pointing at the steps, which I re shape that guy.
Speaker 8: You know, I've had that guy before playing drum gigs and stuff like that. Was that kind of us.
Speaker 2: We're not turning the lights off every steps we approached.
Speaker 6: He warned me about them. Everyone watch you steps looked a little unstable that. Hey watch that, Matt.
Speaker 2: I can pick my feet. I think I can get over a mat.
Speaker 9: You need to probably start saying like I got a bad ankle, but I still work out everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask your question people that are you dragging your feet or are you picking them up? Because that could be another thing. He might say, Hey, we got a dragger.
Speaker 13: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: You're not picking Yeah, that might be he thought, maybe you're dragon workout and stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you need to tell people that.
Speaker 2: And the workout includes like box steps and things of this nature.
Speaker 8: Walk around for us real quick. Let us check your walk, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean walking like I think it's having a bad walk from the drive and sitting down to them almost the break.
Speaker 7: I just want to see if you maybe maybe you're not picking your toes up and he felt like you were going to drag it on that rug.
Speaker 2: That's probably it. Yeah, oh yeah, no for a while, Oh, I didn't know you drug your foot. Well that I thought, apologist. Then I did tell you that. Yeah, yeah, a that that fooks dead. I mean it's pretty dead. Watch that road.
Speaker 8: Hey, hey, there's there is a thing right there straight.
Speaker 2: Up there is about that you stopped before. I was worried. May we get their dolls?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had a doll where you're at? Now I realize I got to add to the things to consider. And when I come to speak, be sure there's no treacherous stamps.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show Men Don't Run in the Rain. It's the new book by Rick Burgess, available now wherever you get books.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much all the feedback on the book, and it feels I think one of the things that I really loved and I was just told this yesterday by somebody who's read it. And this is such an honor to Greg and our sister and me and our mom. Is I just there's no greater thing you could.
Speaker 2: Say than this.
Speaker 6: I wish I had known him. That's what a guy said to me. Is he said, reading this book, I really wish I would have known your dad. And so hopefully this book gives you at least a little look into just a true original, a true original. We're so blessed to have had him as a dad, really really blessed. Helix, Sleep dot Com, Slash, Big Vox say twenty percent right now, folks, Summer sell going on customized mattress, That customized mattress made for you. Sleep quiz takes just a couple of minutes. If Greg was willing to take the sleep quiz.
Speaker 2: I took it. You know, it's not that big a deal. And you get this done.
Speaker 6: It takes a little more than two seconds, two second, maybe two minutes. Then they ship it directly to you. There's no charge for shipping there. It's customized for you based on the information, and then you have one hundred nights to sleep on it to be sure you agree that This is the mattress that you want and you will love it. So why don't you go right now to helicksleep dot com slash big vox. You could have slept better, better even last night. Do you do you have a child that's going to their first bed outside the baby bed. They have mattresses design just for children in the ever changing body as they grow. So save twenty percent right now by going to helixsleep dot com, slash big vox, or just use our link at Rickburgess show dot com under sponsors. Okay, we're gonna walk back today. Of course, keep in mind it's it's Monday if you're catching this live. So there's been a couple of times that we've talked about a topic then realize we left something out or we found out new information. So we mentioned we mentioned l s U won the men's college Baseball World Series. Congratulations Tigers coaster of Carolina who was kind of a darling of the series. Outstanding baseball team. Their coach was tossed. Was that game too, you said, uh he at the press conference. We now have it because those of you that haven't seen it, and I had not seen it, uh until until we got to work today. One of the umps falls backward, and he makes it look like the coach may have put a shoulder into him or something, but that's not the case. And so the coach is saying, I'm going to own what happened to me if these things are true, but I am not going to own this guy falling.
Speaker 2: And he explains all that.
Speaker 12: So is this you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And this is the press confer I need anything over here from Adler? He he's just rolling b roll. But the coach was asked, Okay, what happened from your perspective?
Speaker 24: No, would be an eleven point seven coach, the twenty eighth pitch of the first inning?
Speaker 17: Were you warned prior to it?
Speaker 24: And then I know the homeplate umpire kind of turned his back and walked away. Were any words shared from him to you afterwards?
Speaker 10: There's twenty five thousand people there, and I vaguely hear a warning issued as the head coach, and I was assistant for twenty four years, and as an assistant, you're almost treated like a second grade, second level citizen, and you can't say a word. Now as a head coach, I think it is your right to get an explanation of why we got warned. And I'm forty eight years old. I shouldn't get showed by another grown man, right, So when I come out to ask what the warning is, a grown man showed me. So at that point I can now hear him say it was a warning issued for arguing balls and strikes. And at that point I said, because you missed three. At that point ejected. If that warrants an ejection, I'm the first one to stand here like a man and apologize two words that the fine Art program.
Speaker 17: Or own it. And what does that mean is you have to own You have to own everything that you do.
Speaker 10: Without blame, without defending yourself, without excuses. If you guys watched the video, there was a guy that came in extremely aggressively tripped over the can't post his foot, embarrassed in front of twenty five thousand, immediately goes two game suspension and said bumping the umpire.
Speaker 17: Immediately does that there was no bump. He was embarrassed.
Speaker 10: I shouldn't be held accountable for a grown man's athleticism. We'll retract it though, because now it's excessive. And the reason why it was excessive because I was trying to say I didn't bump him.
Speaker 22: It is what it is.
Speaker 10: But if that warranted an ejection, man, there'd be a lot of ejections. As an umpire, I feel like it's your job to manage the game, the National championship game, with some poise, some calmness.
Speaker 17: And a little bit of tolerance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't be held responsible for his athletic ability.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he did come in hot, he did, and then he just kind of fell backwards over his own feet.
Speaker 7: It looks like, yeah, see, uh, I think the umpire the other the other umpire's foot he tripped over, and.
Speaker 6: He tried to get in between the behind the plate up and the coach. And then and then he tripped over the other umpire's foot.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and but and then, like a drama queen tried to claim.
Speaker 6: He was shoved or pushed what by the are bumped by the head coach and the head coaches.
Speaker 2: I did not bump him. He just fell over somebody's feet and he got embarrassed and he tried to blame me for his lack of athletic ability. Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 7: But Coastal had quite a run. I think they had won twenty six twenty seven in a row. I can't remember the number. And then LSU swept him in the in the final championship series. So congratulations to LSU.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: As you see when he was arguing with them and you're looking at the stands behind him, the LSU fans are doing.
Speaker 8: This, what's that guy?
Speaker 5: Where we go?
Speaker 2: Here's hay bird. Hay Bird just comes from Zach.
Speaker 22: Zach.
Speaker 2: I think you're all right?
Speaker 22: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think you're good man.
Speaker 6: I guess this happened with us discussing when you guys gave me You've been so supportive lately. You gave me a hard time about checking on, you know, a friend of mine to be sure it's car cranked, and now it's got a man. It seems to have launched me in everywhere, wondering, wandering us to make rulings on whether something was gay or not. Okay, So so here's Zach and I don't this is new. I've never heard of this. Hey bird, Hey bird, Hey Zach. A bit of a dilemma here. Love milkshakes. You guys are talking about National Milkshake Day. I love I love milkshakes. I usually get one from Chick fil a Every summer they offer a peach flavored milkshake. I've thought about trying it several times. That one thing has always stopped me. I can't shake the feeling that it would be little gayete. Growing up, the only people I knew who drink the peach milkshake were women, So maybe I have a skewed perspective. So would it be gay for a grown up man to drink a peach milkshake? Or am I safe to try it? I love to get your guys opinion, especially Greggs, since he seems to be a gay expert.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm not sure what that means. Well, you're not sure what that means.
Speaker 6: They're just saying that you can make a call or something, because you said that about my breakfast the first month of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that he's just saying, you make a call.
Speaker 6: I've never heard the peach milkshake tied to lack of masculine I will.
Speaker 2: Say that, Let's say there's a meter here. This is who way feminine? This is not femine at all.
Speaker 6: He's a little ride of center. It's going it's not, but it's looking at it, it could be feminine. So if if we're at the drive three.
Speaker 2: Not much, but I might go, We've got a peach thaks, have a chocolate.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we're off screaming milkshakes to you. You're driving, and we're all giving you our order. You're at the drive through, and then from the back of you here, I'll take a peach one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get a peach ice cream.
Speaker 6: That's better, alight, all right, let's let's let's have Addler order the peach, and let's all order and let's see how it sounds.
Speaker 8: Let me get one a little peach.
Speaker 2: Let's let's start hearing you be last. Let's see how it sounds. I'll take your chocolate. I'll do oreo peanut butter.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying it's.
Speaker 2: Complete, but I.
Speaker 8: See where now.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe the guy's point because you really had to butcher up to make it work.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not complete sellout, but it's yeah, the disorder that when nobody's with you, and if nobody's with you, you're good. Okay, just don't do it with the guys there it is, he can tribe. It's got to be so exactly.
Speaker 8: Maybe with your wife it would be better.
Speaker 2: You'll be getting hers because she probably had one. Oh that's good.
Speaker 8: I'm just getting one because she's getting one. You know, I just want That's why I said I wanted beach.
Speaker 2: Only you're mister t If somebody said, they said agree, they said so all where you are, French toast is fine unless you're ordered a cracker Bury.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. God fearing and America loving the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: We're back, thanks for being with us, America from the text Nation. By the way, just so you know, texture, we've already been there with this shirt. Hal has the show been two hours in and no one has said anything about the hideous shirt that Adler is wearing.
Speaker 2: We beat up on this shirt before this is he's he's brought this in. I don't have it in me for another one.
Speaker 6: He looks like he looks like a going nowhere waiter at Bahama Breeze. Uh huh uh that's uh yeah, yeah, that's he's he's going through a little rough patch.
Speaker 8: It's rude to waiters and Bahama Breeze.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Mister Chin's making fun. You know, Greg, he's back. He's out of rehab. He's got himself a job, he's trying to do better.
Speaker 8: That's rude to waiters, Bahama, Brees and me.
Speaker 15: That's everybody.
Speaker 2: He had some matching pants.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that'd be good, it would look good.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How long you had that shirt?
Speaker 9: I don't know, maybe four or five years something like that. This is one of my newer shirts. Yeah, that's what you get four or five years old.
Speaker 2: It gets it to you or did you pick it off the rat and go this is it?
Speaker 8: I think I think I picked it up.
Speaker 1: I think I picked it up.
Speaker 8: I really don't remember how I got this shirt. I know I love it.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, text Nation, you just don't understand this shirt. When I walked in, I thought somebody ad on you had died funeral. Today's dressed right to a funeral.
Speaker 8: This is me dressed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It has a collar and buttons.
Speaker 2: It does from Smoothie King to that. That's Smoothie King's shirt. They tell me you retired of it.
Speaker 8: Please that one does not get put on anymore.
Speaker 2: No, I'm too fat for it.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm getting fat.
Speaker 9: I'm about to hit forty and it's just everything, I mean, it's everything's catching up to me, I eat a Reese's peanut butter cup, and I mean it shows up on.
Speaker 2: My hips, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I had some people, of course, you know, apparently I'm feeble, so I'll just maybe not talk as boldly today. But I had some people saying that Henry the Horse looks like he's getting a little older.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, yes, when somebody wins a thousand bucks, Henry the horse comes out without a shirt on and does Henry's kind of getting into like, honey fat. I that's funny, not just because he's shirtless, but he's funny because he's fat.
Speaker 8: So that's that.
Speaker 22: There you go.
Speaker 8: It's a win win a struggle.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, what you'll discover getting older when you're approaching forty, because forty things are about to change, my friend. Is everything like when you were younger, and you would like, okay, I kind of need to I need to get back at it.
Speaker 2: I need to do a little better. And you're going to start expecting when you would go do better quick the results you got when you were younger. Oh look at me, I'm back.
Speaker 6: Now you'll go do this exact same thing your body go and yeah, wait a minute, why are you not responding to this like like you once did.
Speaker 9: Yes, as far as abilities and things, things fall off more quickly and they're built back more slowly.
Speaker 8: Bingo, yes, yes, all that's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so it's already it's already happened.
Speaker 8: Hard and fast, fast and furious.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 9: I did tons of kids action, just hanging with kids, like I said, went and visited grandma.
Speaker 8: Nice with the kids.
Speaker 6: When she got down to the she froze y'all out by taking the thermometer down to seventy five.
Speaker 9: I brought and this actually just worked out because it was so hot in her my my grandma's house. I brought little Italian ice cups as distractions to eat for the kids, little frozen cups.
Speaker 8: I had one. I had one because I'm like, I'm dying one of these. But no, it's a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Set up.
Speaker 8: The whale slide. Uh, It's got like an inflatable whale slide.
Speaker 9: And as soon as the neighbor kids came over, Oh really, and we didn't get rained out, we got thundered out.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I never I never saw the it never really came around. You could see it kind of knocking around, but it didn't seem to do much, which is good.
Speaker 7: Well, when's the last time you've got you guys have had an icy from from like the convenience me like a slush puppy or yeah.
Speaker 8: That's old school, Greg slush puppy slush.
Speaker 2: Anybody ever been able to icy machine?
Speaker 22: You go up.
Speaker 2: Flavors that that is the ultimate. If you're dehydrated, just go grab you. River loves them. Man. We'll pop up in there and grab him one in a second. You have one with him? I have, I have, Uh, I have not every time.
Speaker 7: But sometimes he'll he'll just be so red face. We're like, how about an icy He's like, yes that co oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Does he always go with co cola? He does, he does. He's gonna.
Speaker 6: I like the blue breeze or whatever. By the way, the blue one. Your tongue will be blue for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, let me tell you.
Speaker 6: I fact I found one and it was good for you. It wasn't far from my house. But it's no longer there. Tang flavored.
Speaker 8: Okay, it was awesome, really yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: It was rosen. It was just used to tang.
Speaker 13: I like the power.
Speaker 2: A spoon, such a weirdo.
Speaker 8: I'd mix it so thick it would be like mud. That's how much of that junk I have in there.
Speaker 2: I love tang.
Speaker 8: I love tang.
Speaker 2: How do you not like tang? Seriously? I don't like it and I wouldn't do an icy of it no way, even though it's still while we're talking about. Just won't drink it anymore.
Speaker 8: We that weird stuff. And I know Mountain dew icy is good?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy, I know, I know it is.
Speaker 1: It is good.
Speaker 8: That's the last one I had was probably five six years ago.
Speaker 2: It's good, though I have not had one of those.
Speaker 8: And the coke one is real good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the coke is great.
Speaker 7: And we were just talking about how hot it is sometimes man, just getting a big old, nice cold one.
Speaker 2: But slush puppy, slush puppy. The ice was a little thicker, yeah, a little more icy.
Speaker 6: And I don't think I ever read I don't think I ever drank a slush puppy that I didn't get like that headache right in the middle of my head.
Speaker 2: I could not drink it slow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but I prefer the icy, but I haven't had one and probably since my kids were grown. Yeah, that was the one that I'm afraid that rf K Junior slapping out of my hand something ice and it was like tropical Okay, what was it called?
Speaker 2: Those were good. We used to get them all the time and I used to work. Yeah, what was something?
Speaker 8: I remember what you're talking about? Tropical eye? It was just called tropical ice.
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 6: I don't know, I know, I don't feel right. It's an end and ice. But anyway, they had tropical flavors. I remember that and it was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so I can't I can't remember the last time. Well video, but.
Speaker 7: I've been within about a week. Uh and and he'll go, he'll he'll pop up in there and and you know, and you want them to, you know, just to learn how to do things on the wrong. He's he's four, Yeah, but but working that working that trigger sometimes, you know, you got to know when to show. Yeah, so you try and of course he still got his golf club take it off. Yeah, so you so you got to try to pull push it down and there you go. So then you let him Okay, you got it. You go for it and then he keeps trying and then.
Speaker 2: Clean up on all four. Yeah, and the guy working the count he looked at me and I got it.
Speaker 7: I got it, and he started laughing. But man, there was something about it just cooling you off. Oh on these hot days, sure, no doubt, there's a place close to the house. They got a sure enough good when they got it all too. They got the tropical set up, they got the icy set I mean they have it all.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, to get these truck stops you go in, they have like twenty So people are saying thing like that. You know what, you're not talking about this ConA Ice.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 6: The ball games for the kids. Oh yes, fourth and short, I'm in the ConA Ice line. I actually watched that happen. I was at a game, and I mean it was an important part of the game, and all of a sudden Greg was headed off to ConA Ice.
Speaker 9: And yeah, Speedy, you're in that world where you're just you're just trying to help them learn how to do everything.
Speaker 8: But they're so bad at everything.
Speaker 9: It's like, oh my goodness, and every everything you watch them carry is just like it right on the edge of spilling and disaster.
Speaker 8: At every moment. But you gotta let him do it otherwise they'll never learn to do it. It's very stressful, the whole experience, right right.
Speaker 2: You know, And I know, I know you gotta have a lid on it first.
Speaker 7: But again, I was trying to teach him and you gotta head up me and I'm not I'm just I'm just trying to hang out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, trying to just let it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 5: You better listen up. You know, like we say, loss, I'm gonna you gotta find well.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Bircher's show.
Speaker 6: Nature Being with US America. We've covered a lot in the first two hours. You missed those hours, catch him today on the archive. If you follow us on podcasts Rick Burge's Show, be sure you follow that and you'll get alert when the podcast archive is available every day.
Speaker 2: Go catch any part of the show you man miss on the live run, or go back and listen to parts you want to revisits, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 6: The big news story, obviously, is the bombing of Iran over the weekend. David Nasher joins us one hour from right now. We'll talk to him about that, as he of course is Persian, his family fled one of the many moniocal regimes that have ruled over Iran, and we'll talk to him about that and get his very unique perspective, and we'll get into talking about that more next hour. And by then I'm watching now even more details are coming in, so we may have more to discuss, so starting this hour, and we'll get in some unscreen phone calls coming up next segment, Greg, did you see the story? You know, Speedy always uses his role as producer of the program to send all of us subtle messages. Have you ever noticed that by the stories he pigs and the things he lays down? Yeah, you know, you remember back in the Rick and Bubby years, Bubba would point out how many stories Speed would lay in front of us about being overweighted and things like that.
Speaker 8: I can't help the news of the day.
Speaker 2: I'm just.
Speaker 8: You can't help the news of the day.
Speaker 12: No, I'm.
Speaker 2: But this one. I'm going to read the headline the way he intended it.
Speaker 6: Greg, Okay, Papa has to make changes to reverse type two diabetes diagnoses. It might he doesn't say it, says Grandfather's simple changes reverse pre diabetes diagnosis that left him petrified.
Speaker 2: But but what he means for it to say is Papa needs to make some changes.
Speaker 19: That's what.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's what. That's not what I mean, Yeah, not what I mean. This is what he means by this. I think of myself too.
Speaker 8: You're communicating through headlines seven.
Speaker 2: I don't have the sugar. I still will try to do better. A sixty six year old grandfather who exercised daily.
Speaker 6: Yeah, said he had some exercise he had heard about that he was using called thirty ten Yeah, yeah, thirty ten ten.
Speaker 2: He said he was getting ready for the crap run he did. Man, he learned he was pre diabetic, and he could not believe it, he said, Greg, like you, he's a dance teacher. Yes, people don't know that, right, he said, five feet ten inches and only weigh one hundred and sixty seven pounds. Not bad, he said, I wore a medium sized shirt. Greg. He danced like you seven times a week.
Speaker 6: He's to dance, and he didn't think twice about his daily snacks a chocolate bar and a bag of chips. But oh, not so fast, he said, I honestly thought I was fit. And healthy diagnosis shocked me. Yeah, and petrified him something that has not happened with you yet. And he said he had a weakness for fretterers in there. Yeah, he put the fritter up by the way. Don't think this didn't come up yesterday with my visit with mom. What Greg seems to be eating to me? Of them fritters?
Speaker 2: Oh? Because he fritters every day? No, I said, no, just Tuesdays and Friday. He ever left over right, And I don't think Greg, guess guess what your fellow grandfather had to do? Said? I had to change way I was eating.
Speaker 6: He said, you know what I found out is I was a five foot ten, one hundred and sixty seven pounds unhealthy person.
Speaker 2: Yea and a medium shirt. Medium shirt, okay, walked around looking healthy. But he what he said, I had to I had to cut out my nightly so every day chocolate bar and chips, and I started eating whole New treecious foods and began chewing my food much slower. This is this was interesting fast.
Speaker 7: Do you Burgess boys if to the point is you all ever have lunch with either of the Burgess boys, just a heads up, you better get you better hurry up, or they're going to be done watching you eat.
Speaker 8: Be eating by yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but eating last night and let it goes. What is wrong with you? Why aren't you? Of course she's the other way, she said too slow? Oh yeah, come on, he said, he slowed down.
Speaker 9: And then that's called normal, that's called normal eating, my goodness, it's not a race.
Speaker 2: No, oh, my goodness, he said. It takes him to eat a chicken sandwich, now takes him forty minutes. That lord chew your face.
Speaker 8: Health is chewing your food tied to hell.
Speaker 6: He's saying, you won't you won't eat as much because if you eat fast, you don't realize you're full.
Speaker 7: Greg, Harry will get back get on me about that. When I go back for seconds, She's like, hang on, give it a minute. You don't even know you're full yet.
Speaker 20: Greg.
Speaker 6: Look what he says right here, He said, I know some people would call my I mean some people I don't want to mention their names, would call my breakfast gay. But now but now it consists of fruit uh and uh and and some uh some granola with almond milk.
Speaker 2: No, I don't say that.
Speaker 6: And then it says, A typical dinner is boiled eggs, roasted peanuts. Have an update, you have an update for you? Celery, cherry, tomatoes, carrots. Don't like tomato and a cucumber. I like cucumbers, carrots and uh not the tomato.
Speaker 2: What was the other thing? He said, Greg Salerie celery. I eat celery, he said.
Speaker 6: I know some I know some people like me and it that think they can out exercise bad eating. I'm here to tell them you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah that too, what is y'all said?
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, some people referred to me as a diabetes daredevil, and I finally just make.
Speaker 8: It so, yeah, he's just seeing stuff that we said.
Speaker 2: I wish that was right. Check.
Speaker 7: I will say this, I do have a weakness for chips. I'll eat some chips, I'll go home and I'll get some freedom. My daily routine is I'll make a sandwich at home for like a late lunch or whatever, and and I'm good there, okay, but then I get off in them chips.
Speaker 2: Watch them chips. That's it about. I cut a chip deal with trender Shan. How about? He said?
Speaker 6: I like everything on the on What you're eating? Why you keep eating these chips with a sandwich, I said, because a sandwich can't be eaten without chips.
Speaker 8: Sho chips and a sandwich.
Speaker 6: And I try to deal with him, I said, can I just tell you that, as long as you know me, I'm going to eat them chips with a sandwich.
Speaker 21: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Because he said those bags are small, he said, I said, I'll use the I'll use the hundred calorie bag, which means I just say, a hundred hundred bad calories.
Speaker 7: But at least it's just a hundred. Yeah, And that's the problem with me. I don't go I'm in the large bags. I don't know how much I've.
Speaker 8: Eaten chips and a sandwich.
Speaker 7: I have an update for you, Greg, I need a healthy alternative for the instead of chips, Type.
Speaker 2: Two diabetes daredevil. I have an update for you.
Speaker 6: Guess who I saw standing upright at church yesterday?
Speaker 2: Don Dae? Don dae? What he said? Tell Greg, I'm back done, recovered fully recovery. I won't done that, man. I've appreciated him up to now. Done. Don't don't worry about his wife, just worry about getting feeling better.
Speaker 6: No speedy speedy adder, Listen to this his wife, now, God love her what he's been through with his back and his kidney stone and all this, And all of a sudden, his wife standing behind me, goes, now, tell Greg he's been roasting peanuts just like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my, there trying toasting peanuts. How long before he gets back to for him? I wonder, Greg, he looked pretty healthy, He looked good, he like he was one hundred percent. Go ahead and tell Don this about he can give me enough peanuts. We're good. But if he really wants to bring them, he can.
Speaker 6: You know one thing, Greg that people that's just as bad as treating somebody like they're your peanut provider, is being a liar. I mean, you know you want you can't wait now use the negative about the ones I brought to you from another place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you know what you know what's sad is that you needed an update. Why aren't you chicking on Don? Listen? I asked him.
Speaker 6: Don't y'all ain't like that I've asked Don to make these peanuts. There's other guys in the class that he makes them four to right, But Greg, you don't they don't ask every Thursday Don date come. But if he goes two bass, go ahead and make both of them do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I liked you don't bring the meeting.
Speaker 6: This is what I like you seeing Greg say instead of did Don bring in you peanuts? How's Don doing?
Speaker 21: I said that.
Speaker 2: I was getting to it. I saw him yesteager, he looked healthy. He's back in the lineuiding from peanuts, and he stood. He stood there, kind of resolute because there's got to be a little bit of freedom of not having to bring him. Now he don't have to bring but if he does, make both of them dark.
Speaker 6: Unscreen phone calls coming up next eight eight eight six, Big Vox.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six Big Fox.
Speaker 2: Alright, here we go.
Speaker 6: Unscreen phone calls, America. Let's go open them up. Thanks for being with us today. Strange Encounters, the brand new podcast with us in Blaze TV, is available episode five, brand new and dropped this weekend on If you haven't picked it up, go wherever you get podcasts and search for Strange Encounters and they'll be sure you follow it and you can enjoy the new episode. If you haven't caught any of it, go catch all five of them. There's five episodes to the phones. We go remember on unscreen phone calls. This is our preferred way. It seems to have actually kind of rejuvenated phone segments, and we all seem to like this format better. You get screened on the fly. If you hear ringing, don't worry about that that this means you're in line, ready to go. Okay, Hello, You're on the Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, Hey, Eric.
Speaker 13: I listened to the audio.
Speaker 16: Book of Men Don't Run in the Rain. I really really enjoyed that.
Speaker 13: While I was listening to it, I couldn't help.
Speaker 25: But imagine all the scenarios that you that you had going.
Speaker 13: And I couldn't help but think of it making like a movie. Who do you think could play? If he could?
Speaker 8: Who do you think could play?
Speaker 6: As you're doing so, man, if you think about actors, I wish I could access those that are not here anymore, because some of those would really be great. So probably I'd love to see Tommy Lee Jones play Dad, But I think he might be too he might be too old now from that, but when he wasn't Robert de Naro.
Speaker 2: No, uh what uh who.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Robert Deval. I'd rather have devolved than there. I like, I can't get past the Narrow's politics right now. Yeah yeah, so so yeah, so that that would do. But yeah, I think Robert Duval, Timmy Lee Jones, both of those would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I'm trying to think Gene Hackman or no yeah, oh yeah yeah, when Gene Hackman was was that that would actually be a real good that would be yeah. So that so all those kind of come to mind just just right out of the gate. So those would be great ones. And look, I'm not trying to say anything, but uh, the Irwin brothers asked for a copy of the book. All right, we continue, uh unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, morning, Rick, it is Chris calling from Florence. How's it going.
Speaker 2: I hope you're will doing well.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 16: I just wanted to say I'm enjoying the book man. My wife got it for me for Father's Day, and uh just wanted to say you guys, thank you guys so much for sharing Coach with us. And I would have loved to have played for a guy like coach, just just the way he loved his players and the way he loved you guys, and even though he had some funny quirks. But one of my questions was the counts that you guys had to sit down on after he went to the banquet to go speak you guys. You guys seriously did not move the whole time.
Speaker 13: That he was gone.
Speaker 2: We were too terrified to get him. What if he turn around came back? Yeah, I have life through sixty did y'all?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Now, we didn't look when when when Bill Burgess or Ganelle Burgess for that matter, said sit right there and don't move till I come back.
Speaker 2: You didn't move.
Speaker 6: Now, I can't remember if we made it all the way to bedtime and maybe just went on to bed. I don't remember, but I know that either the next day or that night, we got the finishing speech of how done what we did?
Speaker 2: And it was dumb, you know what I mean? Yeah, Rick said in the Woods on fire is not smart. No, it's not so.
Speaker 6: No, it was a strange concept in those days. That's we talked about this before. Back on the Rick and Bubba Show. My dad's hunting guns were on a gun wrecked right above the very couch we were sitting on and we never touched them. Strange concept because our dad told us not to. Yeah, what a concept. Whatever he told us not to do or not to put our hands on or not to fool with, we didn't normally. Yeah, I mean, now does that mean that we did everything? But but I mean, but if there was an order or something like that, that was simple. But now there was some things we interpreted probably loosely. Yeah, right, Uh we continue and it was pointed out. Yes, unscreen phone calls, you're on the Rick Birders show, go ahead.
Speaker 2: If I was Larry that ball they had like good patch all right time. Yeah, it really was careful. Unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Burders show go ahead.
Speaker 16: Hey, guys, I think that if if y'all have speedy going and stay in the night at Larry's, uh, the compensate y'all need to let Greg go stay the night at the Whittakers.
Speaker 2: I think like nothing, Hey, Larry quest is on? It is this week?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 13: This is.
Speaker 2: It's real?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Unscreen phone calls, you're on the Rick Birders Show, go ahead?
Speaker 8: Hi, this is Olive.
Speaker 4: I'm on my way to vacation, Bible fool. And I just want to say thank you so much for making the show. And one day I'm gonna get gold tickets to see y'all show, and I'm gonna make you a very special treat. And I want to know what your special treat is from summer. And y'all just left me up when I listen to y'all's show, because y'all are just so sweet, and y'all make me.
Speaker 2: Laugh by thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Donald brands to the point. Don't bring Papa anything sweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's trying to peanuts.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know anything you know simple? I like checks Mix, I love checks Mix. I love peanut butter pretzels.
Speaker 2: You know. Those are my favorites like that in the snack world. They are good. Yeah, I love it. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey Robert. That really wasn't the way he said, Hey Robert, Hey, Hey, hey hey Robert, Hey Robert. Uh we continue, unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 16: Speedy, better watch out going on request because it's going on.
Speaker 1: Sick people sick.
Speaker 6: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, man, good brother, you do man?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Too much confused going on arcade. That's a working man. He's just called. Yeah, I don't know what was he ain't working running the cash here in arcade? An arcade? Did Rick Burder's show unscreen phone calls go ahead. It's time for pal. It's time for what I couldn't understand. I'm so sorry, time for pal. I don't have time for Pale. Sounded a little bit like tom by the way.
Speaker 6: Somebody said, if they do a movie about Dad, I just think Greg should play dead.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's movies.
Speaker 2: Yes he's got he's got his cadence down. Rick Burder's show on screen phone calls go ahead, as entangled web.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, what do you say? Nothing?
Speaker 2: I don't know Rick Birders show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Yes, sir, I.
Speaker 14: Got an idea for all these protesters and people that don't like the United States. Wee can ship one hundred and fifty billion dollars across the see why don't we just ship them with it?
Speaker 8: Okay, good, that's good, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: That way to go, that way to go, like held how that works. Maybe one more shot of coffee before we call Rick Rogers show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, you what see?
Speaker 12: You know that what?
Speaker 8: I'm sad.
Speaker 2: It's so mad now. I tell people all the time. They're like, do you feel safe? And I said, not anymore. I said, I said, when I go to the show and talk to people, I don't feel safe. I said, we should all be gravely concerned about the society we live in.
Speaker 9: Bravely, at seven thirty am on a Monday, we bombed Iran.
Speaker 8: And people call it.
Speaker 2: Let me say, we don't have to tear this audience. The only things were you too much. We'll be right back to stay close.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead, Sure, we played a little ball.
Speaker 8: Rick Burgess, glad to be with you again.
Speaker 2: Today we started another day together.
Speaker 6: We got another week. David Nasher coming up next hour. We'll get that's when we're kind of dive in a little more into the Iran matter of fact. Next segment, maybe set it up. We'll cover some of that. No Addler's got a numb of videos and things like that. We mentioned it back early in the program, but we'll unpack it in great to tell the bombing that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 26: Uh.
Speaker 6: We had a couple of stories develop over the weekend that were you know, concerning Uh that's how we had another church shooting, an attack on a church, you know. And of course once again people talking about these security individuals we now are you know, hiring for schools and hiring for church as well. I think you saw this weekend. I was telling the guys, I remember when a security person interacting with a security security person at a church was so abnormal.
Speaker 2: Now it's just it's standard.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, okay, all right, So I wanted to here's our here's our you know, our security person. He's gonna tell you about security detail. We're going to talk about what to do with an active shooter. That's that's part of the routine now. Yeah, and you see why because it was the security person that ultimately shot and killed this person who had decided to ram their vehicle into the church and then then start to shoot.
Speaker 2: And so that's.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, that's the time that we're living in. So on a much more light note, uh, I do want to point you to Shopmando dot com boy. If y'all notice how these products are just starting to just kind of swamp to us. And I think it has a lot to do with some of the new handy commitment I've had. I've become a little more blue collar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry to all blue collars out there. Decided to wear the odorant? Yeah right, yeah too.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, they probably created Mando products for the for the adlers out there. Yeah, because, let's face it, a lot of things that are not really designed for the the the needs of a man. I'll leave it right there. You know, men and women are equal but beautifully de stinked.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 6: And you know, let's face it, men need the odorance and that are designed to see if they can handle the odors that men can create. You know who get out there and you know, and put in a hard days work Shopmando dot com. I'm on, you're gonna love these products. Already getting emails from some of you that are using it, and you're saying, you know what, birds, this stuff works. It will it will be sure that you can be comfortable and not worry about, you know, having an undesirable odor from your pits to your feet.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 6: These products are designed for men, and you get free shipping right now. Twenty percent off if you go to Shopmando dot com. They are aluminum free Adler. There you go, you and RFK Junior glad to hear that they're powered by Mandelic acid, clinically proven to work all day long. Seventy two hours you can put, you can apply in seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: You got protection. Shopmando dot com get twenty percent off the entire site with the code big Vox. You'll also find our link free shipping too at Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors so Speedy. I'm gonna tell you that I'm gonna talk a little music here. But you don't have to announce that all the time.
Speaker 8: You can stay say if you like.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like you're I'm disgusted, but we want you to stay. We want you to stay. I want you to get involved. Just so let's let I love music. I'll talk show. What famous guitar player's son is named Wolfgang? Oh that's what's his name? We could hold on van Halen, Yes, yes, there you go.
Speaker 6: Eddie Eddie uh right here, last right here, last name Eddie, last name Adler, Eddie van Adler, Eddie van Roth, Eddie Roth, Eddie van Roth, Eddie Eddie Roth, Eddie Van Why do you keep looking at.
Speaker 13: Me like that.
Speaker 2: You're not right. It's just the name of the band.
Speaker 23: There you go.
Speaker 2: There, it is the way to land that plane that we came in rickety. We came in rickety.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, in fact, I knew his death's named.
Speaker 6: Got a little free time over the weekend. Sherry was not home for part of the weekend. Uh So it was kind of like, uh, well, let's I got the place to myself, and uh so, I uh settled in and said, I'm gonna jump around see if I can find something.
Speaker 2: I'd like to watch. And I love documentaries.
Speaker 6: I I'd rather watch a documentary than really the most of anything if it's on the right topic. So I kicked around a little bit, tried some sports things, none but really developed. And then I found I can't even remember what app it was. I found some of the behind the music documentary. Well, there was a lot of old ones, but I spotted one night I do not know how new it is, and it was on Wolfgang van Halen, Okay, And I thought to myself, that's the son of Eddie van Halen or his speedy calls him Eddie van Roth, and I wanted, I wanted to, I want, I wanted to jump in. And I will tell you, you know, Wolfgang not as lean as his daddy.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. And he's he's he's a heavy and the wolf Ate a whole gang of wolves, all right, crazy talented, so talent, crazy talented. He plays all the instruments, and so you got to jump in to the whole relationship between him and his dad. And it's good. It's really good. Okay, I mean, and I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 6: Okay, Sweedy, you don't have to, you know, Greg, I honestly think it's possible that might have been paramount.
Speaker 2: Can I ask y'all question, how do you watch that or not know what it's on? It just happened, Speedy. We're standing around, we're clicking here, clicking there.
Speaker 9: I get that because there's a lot of times on that main menu it'll take you too straight to the thing, and I don't have to go to the app to get to that.
Speaker 2: That's what's made it weird.
Speaker 6: You can just be on like Apple, that's all of a sudden, they'll give you the documentary and you'll look at later and go that was a paramount thing they threw up there.
Speaker 2: Yes, it gets a little confusing, Yes, but it is paramount. By the way, okay, mount plus. Yes, by the way, I did fix I did fix the remotes. Fix those over the weekend. You fixed it or you put batteries in them. I fixed them.
Speaker 6: I found out that there was a particular in the rack. I looked at the rack and began to reset things, and I found one apparently it was tied to the remotes, some sort of thing that was interacting with the remote, some sort of thing there, power thing, And so I just went through their resetting everything, and apparently I found the one they were tied to and reset it and then fixed it.
Speaker 2: I unplugged it, plugged it back up. Let me gees, you had to walk around the house and tell everybody about I was there, so I just had to like announce it to.
Speaker 8: So you did that on your own, nobody was even there.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's impressive. But fixed the grill this weekend as well. You fix the grill lit it? How do you what do you mean you fixed the grill handle a little loose? Oh go, Phillips said, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty.
Speaker 12: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's not fixing the grill.
Speaker 8: But anyway, that's the closest thing to repairing something I have heard.
Speaker 9: I think yeah, because he just turned on and turned off the deck that he was talking about. That he the little power deck thing that he taught.
Speaker 6: The grill handle was precarious because the way those those bolts are up in there, you can't even see them.
Speaker 2: So you have to take the the the the Phillips head. Lobby don't know that that's there's different types of screwdrivers, and you take the other one.
Speaker 6: You take the it's a it's a flatter head, and so you take the you take the flat, you take the Phillips, you take the Phillips head up in there, and you got to find that boat. You can't just see it because the way the grill is and I'm in there and I'm like, i think I've got it right right right rightck and and you feel it. You always want to hold this see if you can Philip tightening righty ready ready right, I think that did ready ready right rater and you can't even see up in there, and did it on both sides right and left. It's secure now secure.
Speaker 2: Now that's good.
Speaker 6: Still haven't found out how birds are getting in the camp house, but it won't be long till I figure that out too. So anyway, they go into on this documentary. You know, first of all, I realized that Wolfgang van Halen is really really talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he can do play anything.
Speaker 6: Noticed that quick and and he also took he he said, he talked about how it is in this weird world. He's like, there were actually people claiming that when he played bass with the reunion of Van Halen with Speedy's favorite singer Roth They he said, people are like putting on social media that I wouldn't really play in you're a NEPO baby. And he's like, I mean we are talking about and he's like, so I felt like I had to like do my own thing mammoth put out my own music.
Speaker 2: And his music's really it's it's interesting. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 8: I should give him more.
Speaker 2: I should I should, I should give him more.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize what a big moment it was when they did the I can't think of the guy's name, Speedy. Of course you'll know it. Uh, the food Fighters, the guy who died, the blondheaded one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor.
Speaker 6: Taylor didn't know when they did the tribute to him, you know, he said, I was not going to play any van Halen ever again, he said, because I didn't want everybody to say, oh, I'm out, You're not really playing that. He said, you know, even with my band, when I could go out there and play Panama, I could do all that, but I'm not gonna do that, so he said. And then when he got the call to come to that tribute and David Hey say his last name Grol, he said, when he told me to come, would you come and play some van Halen? Because Taylor loved van Halen. He said I did. And he said, but goost to think how nerve racking that was because he was going to play all the riffs on Hot for Teacher, which are very complicated, and he shredded it. And he said, I kept feel I felt like in that moment, I proved everybody, Yes, I could play wanted the licks that my dad played if I wanted to, and I do have talent.
Speaker 2: I'm not you know, some kind of charity case. And he was talking how nervous he was because he says, if I go out and mess this up, then all across social media and everywhere it's gonna be oh see, he can't play Uh, he messed it up.
Speaker 7: He didn't play it right, and he came out there and is that where the saying that comes from? You can't uh, he can't play a lick?
Speaker 2: Now that's been around a long time. Yeah, but I mean, just it's a lick, that's right.
Speaker 7: But can't play a lickt right? And when you wheard that idiom come from, it's it's it's you know, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Like a lick is like a riff, right, So hey, you can't play a lick, that's right. Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 8: So, well, look at him that. I wish there are some people there.
Speaker 2: My goodness. Can he sing too?
Speaker 1: Can can?
Speaker 6: He's not a bad singer, you know, I'm gonna teach you up. Wish they got a different singer there was. I know this guy, but I didn't like it so anyway, so that I would say, that's a sort of updated behind the music.
Speaker 8: I've not seen that one.
Speaker 2: We'll be back, thank you speeding. See that was great. Yeah, I mean I was all in you really, you really did.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the men who removed the phrase what's you know? Good? From society? Rick Burches, All.
Speaker 6: Right, America, we'll talk to Nasser coming up next hour, David Nasher Well kind of for those of you that may not know David in his story, we'll recap that for you with David, and then we'll jump into this. So let's let's talk a little bit about what's going on. I know, after you've got multiple videos and we can come out of this anytime we need to. But so over the weekend, we know that we we launched a bombing expedition to Iran. It's incredible to watch these b two bombers leave Missouri.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: We all the all that it took to make it was it seven thousand something miles UH to these targets UH in Iran, drop these uh bunker busters and then get all the way back to Missouri uh and didn't lose anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't even think a shot was fired. And all the people then that that.
Speaker 6: Went through this, and then we launched, you know, these other missiles from submarines that were four hundred miles away. Just incredible force and also preciseness and technology that is mind boggling. You know, just what it takes to refuel you know, one in the air is amazing. To keep on track, As you said, they didn't talk a whole lot at all because you know, they wanted to go in undetected.
Speaker 2: Uh, And they did so, So why don't we go to three here?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: I think that that's a good one to start with based on what we just said. Here's Pete heg Seth and he's he's he's talking about what Iran must be thinking after they realized how this was done here.
Speaker 20: It is of almost any American if you had an opportunity to watch it in real time. And I think Tran is certainly calculating the reality that planes flew from the middle of America and Missouri overnight completely undetected over three of their most highly sensitive sites, and we were able to destroy nuclear capabilities, and our boys in those bombers are on their way home right now. We believe that'll have a clear psychological impact on how they view the future, and we certainly hope they take the path of negotiate a peace.
Speaker 8: But I could not be more proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really was an incredible feat by military. Jd Vance Video. Two.
Speaker 6: Adder does want to make it clear, and you hear this a lot, that we are not at war with Iran, But let me tell you what exactly we are doing.
Speaker 2: So here's Vice President JD. Vance.
Speaker 8: And the second thing is Kristin.
Speaker 27: I certainly empathize with Americans who are exhausted after twenty five years of foreign entanglements in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: I understand the concern.
Speaker 27: But the difference is that back then we had dumb presidents and now we have a president who actually knows how to accomplish America's national security objectives. So this is not going to be some long drawn out thing we've got in. We've done the job of setting their nuclear program back. We're going to now work to permanently dismantle that nuclear program over the coming years.
Speaker 8: And that is what the President has set out to do.
Speaker 2: Simple So and then here here is Trump.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to play all three minutes of it, but he is telling Iran that they have a choice and what they want to pick right now, and he makes it crystal clear.
Speaker 2: So here's the president.
Speaker 23: A short time ago, the US military carried out massive precision strikes on the three key nuclear facilities in the Iranian regime for Doe, Natans, and Esfahan. Everybody heard those names for years as they built this horribly destructive enterprise. Our objective was the destruction of irans nuclear intrichment capacity and a stop to the nuclear threat posed by the world's number one state sponsor of terror.
Speaker 21: Tonight, I can report to the world that the.
Speaker 23: Strikes were a spectacular military success. Iran's key nuclear and Richmond facilities have been completely and totally obliterated. Rand the bully of the Middle East, must now make peace. If they do not, future attacks will be far greater and a lot easier. For forty years, Iran has been saying death to America, death to Israel. They have been killing our people, blowing off their arms, blowing off their legs.
Speaker 21: With roadside bombs, that was their specialty.
Speaker 23: We lost over a thousand people, and hundreds of thousands throughout the Middle East and around the world have died.
Speaker 21: As a direct result of their hate.
Speaker 23: In particular, so many were killed by their general Cassem SOLMANI.
Speaker 21: I decided a long time ago that I would not let this happen. It will not continue.
Speaker 23: I want to thank and congratulate Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu. We worked as a team like perhaps no team has ever worked before, and we've gone a long way to erasing this horrible threat to Israel. I want to thank the Israeli military for the wonderful job they've done. And most importantly, I want to congratulate the great American patriots who flew those magnificent machines tonight and all of the United States military on an operation the likes of which the world has not seen in many, many decades.
Speaker 6: So there you go, and he says, Arn, it's simple. You can either have peace or there will be tragedy. There'll be more of it, Adam, I think we can get four in real quick video with good audio of the bomber is actually taking off, and you can hear the cockpit radio audio, which is really cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's really cool. You can hear what they're listening to.
Speaker 3: Bm bom bomb, bom bomb.
Speaker 2: No, there, there you go.
Speaker 6: So so anyway, there's other things we can say about it. But when we come back, David Nasser, who actually is Persian, and his family escape to one of the many tyrannical regimes that have ruled over Iran in modern time, and we'll get to his perspective. You hear his story, and we'll talk a little bit about where do we go from here. You know, there's many spiritual aspects to this as well that he can speak to, and we'll happen with us when we come back. If you're leaving us, don't forget to.
Speaker 2: Grab that today on the podcast or YouTube archive. You don't want to miss that conversation.
Speaker 6: So he's in pretty high demand today as you can imagine, and kind enough to spend some time with us, and we'll talk with him when we come back. If you don't know how to get the show live or archive on your own time, you can find all that at Rick Burgessshow dot com.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: You better listen up, you know, like we say, as we gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burchard Show.
Speaker 6: Thanks for being with us, America. So we we talked last hour, and we talked earlier in the show. We're not spending the whole show on it, but obviously the bombing of Iran over the weekend has all of us educating ourselves again on this long long history with Iran and Israel and America and the West, and it's been going on a long long time.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 6: At one time, if you go all the way back in history, as Net and Yahoo has even referred to, you know, Cyrus the Great, the Persian actually became an asset for the for the Hebrew people, and uh Net and Yahoo has longed for a return to good relations between the Persian people and the Hebrews, and it has been a long time since that has been the case. David Nasher joins us. Now, David, welcome back.
Speaker 2: How are you, sir? Welcome to the rick burgership. Man.
Speaker 15: It's good to hear your voice, buddy, I know, and I'm so.
Speaker 6: Proud of you for slowing down a little bit. And uh, you know, you and I were discussing. You're you're involved in so few things. Uh now, uh, you're you're like the rest of us. I don't think we were ever you know, God may may not, may call us to different things, but the the concept of retirement can't really find that in the Bible. He may move you to a new thing, and you may not be always doing the same thing, but we're supposed to continue to work until he calls us home or return, so you're definitely doing that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, absolutely, I want my life to count, you know. And when God put a call of ministry on my life, he never gave me an end date, you know, on this side of heaven.
Speaker 15: And I'm just so honored.
Speaker 11: Honestly, I'll say this, I'm humbled and surprised that God continues to give me just incredible assignments. And so yeah, it's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 11: I was thinking about Rick, how when I lived in Birmingham, you were such a gift to me. You were a friend and man, you're my accountability partner. We'd get together for lunch and talk about big things, important things. You'd confront me, I'd confront you, and man, what a gift you've been in my life. And this show has always stood for the truth and so thank Yeah, bro.
Speaker 15: It's good to be back on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is definitely miss you. So let's do this for the audience and kind of do a reset.
Speaker 13: You are.
Speaker 2: You know, I introduced you as everybody's favorite Persian. You and your family.
Speaker 6: You know about these militant regimes firsthand because in nineteen seventy nine, I know that your dad can speak to it when he was still with us, more than even you. You were only nine, but it left an imprint on you.
Speaker 2: Your life.
Speaker 6: Actually came to America seeking asylum from a horrible regime that was running around.
Speaker 2: At that time. So tell us your story for those that may not know it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was born in Iran, like you said, and in nineteen seventy nine when the Iranian Revolution happened, basically the Islamic regime took over our country.
Speaker 15: And when that.
Speaker 11: Happened, my family and I escaped from Iran. My dad was high rank to the military, and so our lives were in danger. And we have actually ended up in the United States as legal immigrants under political asylum. And so I was a site Muslim by heritage. We weren't really that devout, but a complete fish out of water coming into the United States.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 11: We moved to Texas to an army town during the Iranian hostage situation. So people were watching on TV how Ran was burning the American flag, calling America the great Satan, how they were shouting death to America in the streets. And here we were, this Iranian family that had moved into a military town in Texas, you know, in.
Speaker 15: The middle of all that.
Speaker 11: So I say always that I was a wedgie waiting to happen. You know, for years, I was just this outcasted kid. I mean I went to school every day, heard every nickname, every seven eleven joke, every turban joke. I got called beanedp and I'm not even Mexican. I was like, you're not even accurate in euracism. You know, we'd escaped halfway across the world, honestly, come here and come looking for refuge as refugees, but it didn't feel like a safe place.
Speaker 15: And for years and years that was me.
Speaker 11: We eventually moved from Texas to Alabama. I went to the Stavie Hills, by the way, and one day my dad, feeling sorry for me, gave me an extreme makeover for high school. And my high school years became the years where I just learned how to wear the right label, end up at the right lunch room table, how to dump the right girl before she could dump me, you know, how to climb the social ladder. And I played high school and it's so true where it wasn't the Bible, What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, but to forfeit his soul because on paper everything was so much better, but in my soul I was just as empty as when I was a nobody, you know, in school. And so right after high school, one day a buddy of mine invited me to church, and I didn't want to go to church. I told him that I had a bad taste in my mouth about religion and how I was Muslim by heritage, but not even a good one. But he kept on me about going to church, and I eventually went to church with him, and for the next eight Monday nights in a row, these Christians came to my house and witnessed to me, you know, and it was amazing, Like every Monday night, one week it would be John three sixteen. You know, God so loved the world that he gave his only son that if you believe in him, you want parish, but have eternal life, lock and load. Next week they'd come back and it'd be John fourteen six Jesus says, I'm the way the truth in the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. The next week they'd come back and it'd be he who knew no sin became sin. So you could become the wright sisters of God.
Speaker 15: And every week it.
Speaker 11: Would be the same message, a different you know, passage, and they would.
Speaker 15: Show me that I was a sinner in need of a savior.
Speaker 11: And so after eight weeks, one night I was at the church Shay's Mountain Baptist Church by the way, and man, I heard the gospel from doctor Carter, and I went home to try to get away from it, but it just kept echoing in my spirit. And I was eighteen and two months old the night that I became a Christian. And so I became a Christian at eighteen. And my parents were never devout as Muslims until the night I became a Christian, right and then they disowned me. And I moved in with seven guys, six guys that lived in a one bedroom apartment right there in Vestavia Hills, and Charles.
Speaker 2: Billingsley was one of them, by the way, how about that?
Speaker 11: And all of us old guys, young guys moved into this house, and man, within the first five months, I saw my sister coming to the Lord. And then five months after that my mom became a Christian, and then five months after that my brother Benjamin that God just made fearfully and wonderfully down syndrome. I became a Christian and then two and a half years later, my dad became a Christian. And so yeah, that's my story, man, and God is just really a testimony of the power of the Gospel to deliver people out of religion gone wrong.
Speaker 6: So the Persian people, and I want to be sure and get that right, because a lot of times we call them Iranians, and you certainly don't call them Arabs. It's Persians and the Persian people outside of whatever tyrannical regime is in control. What's the view of the Persian people of the United States if they had the freedom to express it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think obviously I can't speak for ninety million in Iran, but I would say the overall sentiment, and this is what I'm hearing from people who are actually allowed to go back to Iran. My family and I are not allowed to go back to your on we escaped and were wanted there. But that said, I have friends and I've met journalists before and people who've gone to Iran. Even tourism right now in Iran is actually growing, and people who've gone to those historic sites and they come back and tell me that they're surprised at how many Iranians come over to them when they realize they're Americans and say, hey, we just want you to know we love America.
Speaker 15: We're for a Manmerica. We think America is awesome.
Speaker 11: And so I would say that the overall sentiment from what I'm hearing is that most Iranians love Americans, but maybe have a high view warm regard towards Americans, but are more critical in their view of the politicians and the politics of America because they felt the weight of these sanctions and the way that they're being explained to them is that, hey, America is the greatest contributor of putting these sanctions on us. And so when you're waiting in line for two hours for a loaf of bread and you're only sanctioned a small amount of gas even though for your car, even though the entire country sits on oil, and you're fifty percent of the nation is under the poverty line, you know, you just begin to realize that so much of that can spray on their sentiment towards the American government. But you know, we see American government as like you know, Democrat Republicans. To them, it's a little more just like whoever's in charge of America is making life hard on us, since I would say they're critical in their political towards our politicians and our political views, but incredibly warm towards us.
Speaker 15: The best stats that I know.
Speaker 11: About them, Rick, are about fifteen percent of Iranians are hardline anti Americans. And I always say, I always say, when those people shout death to America, you better believe them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to talk about Yeah, I want to touch on that when we come back.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, we got one more segments we're going to spend with David and we're going to get into that.
Speaker 2: So thank you for that insight.
Speaker 6: More with David nasher I when The Rick Burgess Show continues, and we'll do that right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God bless America. This is the Rick Burgess Shows.
Speaker 6: Thanks for being with us, David Nasa, our guests. So, David, let me let me ask you two things. I want to get these things in before we run out of time with you. I know everybody is after you right now. When things like this happen. I know your your family was never a devout Muslim, but you're you're familiar with, you know, the the radical Islamic point of view. What happened over the weekend. Do you believe when you hear someone who's completely we're all in, we are interpreting this in a fundamental way. When they say if they had the capability to take out Israel, I'm talking about the regime, not the people, to take out Israel. And if possible, America, Great Britain, should these threats be taken serious?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I think they've They've shown over and over again that they are funding terrorism, they are conspiring towards more evil and terrorism, and they genuinely believe that they're pointed by their God to you know, fight evil, and they believe we're evil. And so I always say, anytime someone says death to America over and over and over again, you should believe them. Now again, fifteen percent, ten percent of the people of Iran, and they're the ones who get on the TV the most because if it bleeds, it leads right, and they're the ones who end up in front of the cameras. But that's fifteen percent of ir audience. The rest I'd say eighty five percent of the people in Iran. They want peace and prosperity for everybody, and they want the democracy, they want a new regime. They want to see this Islamic regime overthrown because it's terrorizing them and terrorizing.
Speaker 15: The rest of us.
Speaker 11: And so yeah, I think we have to take it seriously. Now that said, no God loving Christian wants war. No, you know, no one wants to see bombs thrown, you know, on buildings that could accidentally take the life of children or innocent families. But it is important in times like this to distinguish the difference between bombing you know, nuclear sites versus just bombing in nation.
Speaker 15: And I think that's what America did. Now I am going to.
Speaker 11: I choose to believe that this is because of intelligence that they had that I'm not prevy to, because they know that that comes with risk, because again, fifteen percent want to harm us An, eighty five percent don't. But the fifteen percent that do rick they're the ones who are organized. They're the ones who are weaponized, you know, They're the ones who are mobilized.
Speaker 15: And the eighty five.
Speaker 11: Percent of the Iranian people that are good people. They are not mobilized, they are not they do not have, you know, the tools that they need to fight. But I think it's got to be the kind of thing where we're helping the Iranian people overthrow this evil regime, yes, you know. And one of the ways we could do that maybe is just even by the way that we help. I know Elon Musk is trying to get startlink there, but you've got to have a receiving box, you know. Is to bring back communication so that people can fight this revolution with their iPhones in their hand and tell the great stories as well and communicate as well. Another one is to work with the shaft Son you know, the Plavi family about help bring stability if the government is overthrown. He's not looking to come back and be the monarch and be the king. He's looking to come back in service nation so that then the people can have an opportunity to vote in who they want to be their leader. But I think it's a robust strategy that we can be a help to. But I, as an Iranian American citizen who was born in Iran, saw what happened the other night as not a bomb, bomb, bomb, Bombo, Iran beat my chest, happy moment, but as a heartbreaking moment, but a necessary one because it is godly to rise up against evil. It is godly to stand up for those who can't still up for themselves.
Speaker 15: It is godly to protect the innocent.
Speaker 11: And I think bombing those nuclear sites, one of them being in Essahon, the very city I was born in, Bombing those sites prevents us from greater damage and greater death.
Speaker 2: So looking at the population, I heard you say that sixty forty or younger. Is that correct?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's crazy. It's a young nation. And so you've got young, audacious people. Every great revolution in the world in history, whether it was Tenements Square, the Iranian Revolution in nineteen seventy nine, every great revolution in the world, even the American Revolution, was led by audacious young people who are willing to just swing, you know, throwing the end zone. And Iran is a young nation. You've got over ninety million people and sixty percent of them are under the age of forty. And by the way, they're looking around and they're realizing that religion isn't working. Those troubled places in the world, by the way, are the most religious places in the world, and you're talking about a place where because of Charia law, because of you know, just the tyranny of it all, they've done more damage than good in the life of people. I mean, I read a sat the day where there are over a quarter million prostitutes in Iran because.
Speaker 15: Women in the middle of all of this Tria law.
Speaker 11: Are at the hardest hit, like so much of the poverty that's happening, and the and the destruction that is happening, and and and you've just you've got a you've got a nation right now where drug uses is rampage, you know, so much sin, and and it's a reminder not just on that side of the ocean, but here that religion doesn't really fix anything.
Speaker 15: Religion is destructive, redemption is hopeful.
Speaker 11: And ultimately, by the way, what Iran needs ultimately is not a new governance. Ultimately, what Iran needs is not a revolution.
Speaker 15: But a revival. But I do believe that the young people of Iran.
Speaker 11: Are probably more open to revival than ever before because they've seen how religion doesn't work. So what an incredible chance for us to see the church in Iran thrive. By the way, the fastest growing church in the world is Iran.
Speaker 2: That's correct, the underground church.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, well, David, thank you. I know everybody's after you, and thank you for giving us time today. And it's so good to reconnect. And I hope that this you and I can start keeping in touch again like we did before. And glad that we started that with this conversation today.
Speaker 15: I love you, buddy, love you two man.
Speaker 2: Thanks for all you do for the Kingdom.
Speaker 6: David Nassar taking time to be with us today a very unique perspective on all this going on with the country and of course the Iranians, the Persian people themselves, where the fastest growing church in the world is underground and that's always where the hope was found.
Speaker 1: This is The Rick Burgess Show. Go behind the scenes of The Rick Burgess Show by watching Entails from the camp House No on the Rick Burgess YouTube channel yep.
Speaker 2: Go check it out.
Speaker 6: Those episodes are available, five of them tell Us from the Camp House. Also a brand new episode of Strange Encounters. The new podcasts out this weekend. Episode five of that episode twenty three of Ricking Bubba's Greatest hits in Radio Gold. All of these are unique content you can go and enjoy either from the past or are currently so get those wherever you get podcasts, it tells from the camp House only one that's exclusively available on the.
Speaker 2: YouTube channel only.
Speaker 6: But enjoy all that all right, as we come back Bill Maher, Bill Maher himself, Bill Maher. You know, even though we would disagree with Bill on a lot of things, he does seem to talk to his fellow leftists and go, look, I just can't draft with you guys on everything. And its latest call to the left is please please, someone does something about the View and can we please remove them from the airwaves. If you are a leftist, they are killing us and making us all look insane. He said, if we would like to take a step back to sanity, Uh, he said, we and and not and be more sensible liberal, not crazy woke.
Speaker 2: One thing we must do is stop the view.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then he on his on his program, Uh, he.
Speaker 6: Has Wesley Hunt, Republican from Texas, and you're going to and I heard I watched some of this. There's some incredible rebuttals from him on many things, but this one is what Whoopy Goldberg said in her bizarre claim that if you're black in America, it's just like living under Sharia.
Speaker 2: Law in a run. So you have a hard time background that. Yes, So here's Wesley Hunt with Bill Maher. Here we go.
Speaker 22: My district in Grants out of Texas is actually a white majority of district, or President Trump would have won by twenty five points. As I said, I'm a direct descendant of a slave. My great great grandfather was born on a rose down plantation. I am literally being judged not by the color of my skin, but by the content of my character. That's the progress because like.
Speaker 17: A lot of white people had to vote for me a lot to reader.
Speaker 22: So I don't even ever want to hear Whoopy Gober's conversation about how it's worse to be black in America right now, that's a bit far. And my father, who's seventy five years old, he was a man that was in the French quarters that had to go get a sandwich to.
Speaker 8: The back door of the building.
Speaker 22: And his son is now a United States Congressman in a white majority district in Texas as a Republican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough case.
Speaker 6: Now, if you really want your mind blown, I think I will go to an ay Adler, if you really want your mind blown, we have a black Republican from Texas who made the point he cannot be in that position without lots of white folks voting for him. Not something that I believe you could get away with under shereal law. But anyway, Wesley Hunt also is about to defend Trump restoring Roberty Lee's name to the military military base. And he's going to explain to Bill Maher while this matters and gets applause from a Bill Maher audience.
Speaker 17: So here here he is, Trump is putting the Roberty Lee name back on buildings.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you done with that?
Speaker 22: So when I was at West Point, I actually lived in Robert E. Lee Barracks when I was there, and as I said, Berdie Lee went y, Yes, yes he did. That's why the beaks named after him. And so my brother, sister and I are matriculated through West Point.
Speaker 2: We all graduated.
Speaker 22: And I will never forget walking under the threshold of Roberty Lee Barricks and think to myself, damn, this is one hell of a country, because only in America can someone like me walk into a building named after a Confederate general and then be a successful West Point graduate. If we start changing the names on bill things, then every single building would be named Jesus Christ based on perfection. Let's talk about where.
Speaker 2: We have comfort.
Speaker 22: Well maybe not to you, but maybe not to you.
Speaker 13: But I bring that up.
Speaker 22: Because I want to talk about the progress and the idea of us changing names on buildings actually doesn't take harkeness back to times where they weren't as good.
Speaker 8: And how can we not?
Speaker 2: I am, my wife is I've been black for my whole life. Yes, still my wife is is white.
Speaker 22: And we have three biracial children, and I cannot wait to show them and take them to places that that wasn't always the case. There was a time when your mother and daddy could not be married. My childre are going to have the opportunity to be second lining down in New Orleans. And then my wife is from Iowa. They'll be on the farm with their grandfather and Iowa. That is America. And I do not want to take down these statutes and change the names of these buildings. They're a reminder of what was and if we don't remember it, we are doomed to repeat it.
Speaker 2: That's so common sense.
Speaker 6: And I remember us making that point many times during the Rick and Bubba years, and you know, of course us being white folks, everybody says wow. But when you have someone who just said to Bill Moore, I've been black my entire life. The point he's making is so elementary but yet so powerful. How can he show his children the advancement of things if everybody removes what we advanced from, we can't be terrified.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: Just here the very people which I.
Speaker 6: Agree with, by the way, who want to, you know, say that, well, America has things that we should not be proud of. I agree with that, but I'm not for being history revisionist. So these same people that think that we need to remember the things we did that were wrong, how can we remember them and show how we've corrected them If no no one shows us what we once did. You can't go take history and just revise it because it makes you uncomfortable now that anything like this could have happened.
Speaker 2: I want to know what happened.
Speaker 6: I want to know how it happened, just like just for instance, Andy Andrews, who I'll be on his podcast tomorrow and he'll be with us Wednesday for another round of be true or bs. When Andy Andrews wrote the book how do you kill eleven million people? About the Holocaust? And the answer is you lie to them? So I mean, do we want to just, you know, not learn how that happened?
Speaker 2: How did we end up? How did we all stand around and watch eleven million people be killed? Well, I'd like to know how that happened.
Speaker 6: What if somebody says that's just too uncomfortable, we need to revise that, we need to take that off the face of the earth.
Speaker 2: No, no, we need to know these things. Who was Robert E. Lee? At one time he was heralded as a great general for the Union. What happened? What was this Civil War all about? Out?
Speaker 6: I think that you know that Ben Carson has the great balance on that. To say that the Civil War was all about slavery is historically inaccurate, But to say it had nothing to do with slavery is also historically inaccurate. It was complicated and there was a lot going on there. So can don't you think people should learn about that? Who is Robert E?
Speaker 11: Lee?
Speaker 6: Let's find out who is this monument to why? Let's learn and then go forward. I think he makes a great point.
Speaker 9: Yes, I love Wesley Hunt's attitude. He's sitting in that Robert E. Lee military base. He's like, well, now I'm here. At one point there was a guy named Robert E. Lee and now I'm here, yeah, and my white wife and that was not legal at one time too.
Speaker 2: Well take that.
Speaker 6: And I'm not defending some of the things that some of the Confederacy certainly tried to keep going. But I'm also going to say that Robert E. Lee's also complicated.
Speaker 2: You don't need to just say.
Speaker 8: Roberty Lee racist.
Speaker 2: No, it's his life.
Speaker 6: He's complicated, like all of us are. There's a lot of things about Robert E. Lee that were great, that were really good. Read some of his writings to his family. He was a devout man of God. Now did he get the confederatcry R Confederacy right? You'd have to see how he was looking at it. You have to get in his mindset. But does that mean that he had nothing that was good? It doesn't mean that at all. I don't know about y'all. I'm complicated. All of us are complicated, you know, And and we moved through life too. There's things that I would have been okay, with you know, forty years ago that I'm not okay with now, you know there.
Speaker 2: We can't all just be they can't.
Speaker 6: Somebody can't grab a moment in our life or we got something wrong and say everything this person did was wrong.
Speaker 8: Growing up in Texas, my rivals was Robert E.
Speaker 7: Lee.
Speaker 1: The school.
Speaker 8: Sure, I wonder if.
Speaker 2: They're still named that one of Montgomery's not not really, but but this all of it.
Speaker 6: But to go and remove all these things and not explain their origin, I think is is dangerous. And I think we look around sometimes to see some of the things that are gaining ground again. And the reason why they're gaining ground again is people don't understand how dangerous it is to go down some of these roads because they no one's teaching them about it what happened. And so I agree with what he said, and even Robert E. Lee, the person is complicated. The Civil War is ugly and it's awful, but I think we should know everything about it. Not some things about it, We should know everything about it.
Speaker 8: They changed the name of the one in San ANCHOONI R two, okay.
Speaker 6: And there were some things that the Union did after the Civil War that the Union shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: That was evil, you know. So it's not.
Speaker 6: All just this, here's good, here's bad. Life rarely is except when you get into God's standard. You know, when you get into God's standard about things, none of us are gonna sit sit real fruity, which is why we we need redemption and we need grace and we need mercy. Remember that call to perfection I was unattainable, which is why Jesus had to go across. So people are complicated and we should know everything, not just preferred things.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. People said, let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgers Show. Cool merchandise is available. No, just go to rickburgershow dot com and click shop.
Speaker 2: And say, yeah, I always loved it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: Last week box seats we had people coming in dolls. I mean they all jacked out and swagged from head to toe.
Speaker 16: Loved it.
Speaker 2: Be both.
Speaker 6: Thank you all for being with us today for a b and new show Speedy. This week it is Larry Quest. Do not miss Speedy heads out Wednesday, Spend the night with Larry and Carolyn and we'll go live to Speedy on Thursday's edition of the program, as Speedy goes to stay the day in the evening with Larry and Carolyn.
Speaker 2: How much do y'all idjet? Well, how much y'all want me for me? Thursday?
Speaker 1: Mon?
Speaker 2: I just Larry and rub your feet or something. You're tired somebody rubbing. You're a guess.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're his guest. That makes sense, you'll do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's its Speedy. You want me to rub those those toes for you? See now y'all got him rubbing my toes and he's a serial killer.
Speaker 8: Things are true?
Speaker 11: Can me?
Speaker 2: Those tired pippy? Sorry Larry, living dogs are barking head dogs. So you're in. I'm sure he's all. He's even trying to Larry.
Speaker 9: So we send beat you off like at like the last segment of the show on Uhle's see on Wednesday, we could give you hugs and everything you know, goodbye hugs, you know, just in case.
Speaker 2: You'll never know, I will tell you one left and we never heard from them again. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: You never seen again. Sorry, it's just a funnyhow.
Speaker 2: He said I ain't seen anything.
Speaker 8: Made showed up Greg?
Speaker 6: Greg that once again that dateline guy which is name and everything, key something, what's the date?
Speaker 8: Face Morrison wrinkles.
Speaker 1: So speedy.
Speaker 2: I thought, here's another opportunity to bring laughs to an audience that had been laughing in for years. What happened next no one would ever forget.
Speaker 6: When they said goodbye to Speedy on Wednesday, no one knew it would be the last time they would see him again.
Speaker 2: I will tell this on Wednesday. I don't do bro huggs. I'm gonna hold you a little.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna get a real hug.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put my hand on the back of his head as a hug you. I'm gonna hold you a little. I'm gonna hold you a little longer if you don't mind. Larry. Larry and Carolyn were the brand new guest on the All New Rickbirdes Show, and everyone loved them. But what they didn't know would change everything. A minute, I'm laughing at a that's good. Everybody's new favorite character. But what the audience didn't know would change everything. Bring bringing The audience thought it was about patches, a patch collector on a voice smell harmless by all account, but what was discovered next would change everyone's life forever.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, everyone's life forever. But wool even stand outside and like wave to you and everything.
Speaker 8: It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Look for me to hold you a little closer and a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Some reason.
Speaker 2: The next day they fully expected to hear Speedy live from Dublin, Georgia. But what they heard would haunt them forever.
Speaker 9: They know that you're supposed to go live because to them, it'll be what time six at five am?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Is that how time?
Speaker 2: Zunes?
Speaker 11: Wor?
Speaker 2: I mean, but y'all don't want me going live and staying with y'all the whole show. Yes, yes, people are gonna get really tired the walk.
Speaker 8: At No, we want timing in the whole time from there.
Speaker 15: Larry very much, Larry.
Speaker 2: Said Larry, Not that Blarry little more Larry, who it is that the greatest segment? And then the first is the dumbest second?
Speaker 14: Right right?
Speaker 2: Greg? Wow, this is dumb.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 2: Patches, Challenge Coins and the Bizarre Session be slids all innocent enough, all right, but what was at the heart of it? It was something much more sinister.
Speaker 8: You need to let them know you're gonna be live with us the whole time.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not gonna be live the whole time.
Speaker 8: Nobody won't.
Speaker 2: If people start saying you're a bit with that. Okay, I'm sure you will me too.
Speaker 8: By the way, please, okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: That's what I was afraid of.
Speaker 6: The dinner they served, Speedy, no one so coming. He thought it was a roast, little green beans.
Speaker 2: He was eating a good Southern meal, a good Southern meal, nothing, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But what we discovered was something much more sinister. He loves the word sinister. Yeah, oh that's good.
Speaker 8: So it's going to be fine. You're going to have a great time. It's going to be a good bit.
Speaker 2: This kid nothing to be concerned. I take myne back. Okay, this is Larry. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. This is Larry Coch. Hello, this is Speedy cell phone. Okay, okay, Larry, I cannot wait to see you. He can hear you, he can hear your you're lying.
Speaker 5: He loved the way that you joke about us.
Speaker 2: Good good.
Speaker 7: You know we're gonna have a good time together. Laurs y'all is the sweetest little thing. We're just having a good time.
Speaker 15: And Carolyn's right here.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you today? Go ahead and you Oh, I can't wait to see y'all fired.
Speaker 15: We can't either. We're excited.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a blast. Yeah, you forget these guys. We're just gonna have fun.
Speaker 15: I'm not paying any attention to there you go.
Speaker 2: Did you hear how she said? Blast? Yeah, we're gonna have Hey, we're gonna set up and I'm bringing headsets and everything for y'all. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Time on the radio.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I know you were just calling myself, but we're live in a segment, so I had to answer.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know what, We're gonna have a good time, and I will. I will text y'all when i'm rolling your way on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all be prepared now, I bring the lotion. Wait a minute, thank you guys. All right, by the way, Larry, are you is your growing here? At helling? Is your is your burned area healing? It is all better said that the way he said. That's great, that's awesome. Well, I appreciate y'all and we'll talk to you later. Okay, Yes, sir, I sent you a text.
Speaker 16: There's a.
Speaker 2: Yeah song look here that on your and your laptop right now? What's the song title?
Speaker 15: The Dogs, Dogs Dogs, I got a client cake.
Speaker 8: Alright, Dogs Dogs Dogs, I will work into that.
Speaker 21: We gotta go.
Speaker 2: He's just still talking about speedy went from Challenge coins. When they're eating, they can be listening to Dogs Dog.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Listen up, what you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world, The Rick Purchase Show.
Speaker 2: How about it?
Speaker 22: How about it?
Speaker 2: How about it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So if people are saying maybe Wednesday a little farewell send off for speeding.
Speaker 2: So anyway, all that's happening this week, It is an active week on the show, a brand new hour now. Thanks for being with us. We've covered a lot. Have you missed any of it?
Speaker 6: Be sure you catch the podcast archive every day or the YouTube archive and catch.
Speaker 2: Any parts you miss on your own time on our podcast.
Speaker 6: Be sure you're following all the podcasts we do the daily archive. Also, go out and get Strange Encounters. Episode five's out this weekend. Be sure you're following that.
Speaker 2: One. Of course, Rick and.
Speaker 6: Bubba's greatest hits in Radio Gold episode twenty three of that, so enjoy them. Uh in another week. Uh so we'll be cranking out uh know, another another episode of Strange Encounters will come this week. We'll get that out again this weekend. So uh, we're building that right now. So when thanks for your feedback on those that are already out there. So people are asking can we play the song dogs and Dogs? Do that that Larry wants? I think he's sending you a message? Uh in here somewhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't. I haven't have you? Have you listened to it at all?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Could this get us canceled on the archive? Adler?
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: I don't know what did he say? He goes like this dogs dogs dogs. It's a different one. There is a version of that, but it was a pleasure with only women dance. Yeah, same dogs dogs dogs? Was it by? See Donald?
Speaker 8: Did he say Donna quante?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Something like that.
Speaker 8: That's not pulling up for me.
Speaker 2: Donald? Something dogs dogs dogs? Yes, three dogs, three dogs? Oh? By who, Larry?
Speaker 8: You're killing us, buddy?
Speaker 2: Some woman's name, and I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 8: I thought you said Donna quante, and.
Speaker 2: So I spelled that. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I see one here, but this isn't Donna. I don't think I would play this one. I've got one pulled up this by dog getting the dogs. I ain't playing that.
Speaker 2: Here's another one by long well care. It doesn't look good. What was the name of the artist Adler?
Speaker 8: I thought he said Donna Quante or with Donnie? Was it Donnie com?
Speaker 2: I find nothing. We should have talked about this in the break, Donnie Osmond. I don't. I don't want to. I see nothing. It sounds dangerous. Dogs dogs, dogs, song, pink Floyd dogs.
Speaker 8: I really wish the chat would be, would help me out. But they're they're not Dan.
Speaker 2: Crot No, not dogs. It's dogs. It's three dogs. They're saying Donna, Donna quante. That's what I've Donna Quanta.
Speaker 9: You said, Sandra, No, I said Donna, you said, I said, I said, I said, I said Donnie, and I got it.
Speaker 8: I got it, you got it.
Speaker 2: No, I got the Quanta Quantia. I think q U A n T I A nothing. That's Donna and her last year dogs, Donna Quantia.
Speaker 8: I found it, you did?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh yeah, are we daredevil?
Speaker 8: I haven't haven't had a chance.
Speaker 6: Let's jump the ramp, come on here, we got's let's just see what happens. Dogs, dog it's different, not the right song, Greg.
Speaker 8: That's that's not the song, right, all right, Hold on a second. I got a lot going on here. I have not listened to one second of this.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 21: What he said, Rugg's got dog slamp dog report.
Speaker 2: All right, so he's lyrics. I'm worried about it.
Speaker 8: What's that noise ringing all around? Is that what they referred to as another northern sound? It's like a three ring circuit star and four legged clowns. Cause we're just guessing this offect? Does they had on one to hold the ground, Alan Baller.
Speaker 5: Starting count hits him to get out of the rug for it. Whatever the calls, love is all I have to raise.
Speaker 8: It's hardy chief of Somber. Please, Hey, where you look?
Speaker 9: It's just dogs, doll dolls, noses to the grown dolls, doll.
Speaker 2: Anything to do with sledding and dogs.
Speaker 8: It's all about sledding dogs.
Speaker 2: No no, don't you touch me? No no no, He says, that's one of our favorite songs. He's obsessed with. Guys, did we now call him Larry the dog Man? He's transitioned completely from patches and challenge coins to this, but transition realized the Champion Dogs letter is actually from Alabama. Probably don't say that he's one that did run.
Speaker 8: Greg, we know, get a rod Greg.
Speaker 2: What I said, he runs completely transition. It's completely transition to sled dogs. Oh yeah, can't get enough of them? Okayn't even he brought a patch up.
Speaker 9: I don't know when it wasn't worth us, like frantically on the air trying to find No, it was not. That's not like anyone I'm going You're going, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did Donna sound like a dude when it's supposed to be Donna something? October? All right, let's go to Chip Carry h Chip Carry major League Baseball. I've just gotta why are you doing that? You don't want this? Can we play this? We just played his misspeak. Yeah, you're going to play all right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: On the list?
Speaker 2: Nobody enjoy the story on the list. This would be me.
Speaker 8: No, you actually have done this exactly?
Speaker 2: What's one of the reasons why I said I have it? But get ready what he misspoked. Let's be honest. On Pride Month, any reference to the item flag should probably just be removed from mean. He just everybody knows that. Nobody thinks that is.
Speaker 9: It is it.
Speaker 8: Can you hear it?
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 8: Pretty obvious. Yeah, it's not that obvious.
Speaker 2: Okay, his intention was not to be did you say that?
Speaker 18: We know that he talks through it, but yeah, Disability Pride Night is through state. You're like, that's them with the theme ticket fans take ho Me, Cardinals cat featuring the Disability Pride fag flag and Cardinals in brail details at Cardinals dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash them. I didn't know what you're talking about, the month or whatever.
Speaker 8: It's Disability Pride. Hey, listen, not quiet.
Speaker 2: This was the broadcast. Nobody said an thirty minutes, it got so quiet. Nobody said a word thirty seconds.
Speaker 8: I'm so I said a minute.
Speaker 2: It feels like thirty minutes. Still, I don't know what's going on, so quiet. Picture of this being a still silence, nothing, there's no I don't know if they're laughing. They haven't said a word still anything. They're trying to like, they're probably laughing at their headphones. Can you edit that one?
Speaker 22: Indeed, that one.
Speaker 2: Guy guys, and again he's not in trouble, so he shouldn't be. He just said a word wrong. He had no intent. It's funny. What did you consider what he was talking about? That made it? An asked?
Speaker 8: Sim Ability Pride Night. That's what it is, brought in Disability Pride.
Speaker 2: Now let me get this right. So it's the Disability Pride Night. What's that mean?
Speaker 8: The Disability Pride.
Speaker 2: I guess if you, I mean, if you got game, no, let let's have it. Nobody help him? Is it disabled? Is it disabled? I'm gonna no, Greg, I don't think I think it is. It's not. I need to hear the read again to hear what's going on. There's the rainbows on it.
Speaker 8: That's thinking.
Speaker 2: It's just no, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 8: Not can wait play it?
Speaker 18: I don't think The Disability Pride Night is Thursday, July tenth and with the themed ticket fans take HOI Cardinals cat featuring the Disability Pride fag flag and Cardinals in.
Speaker 2: Detailed the cardinal's embraille. So I think I think if you are disabled and lb G T that's.
Speaker 13: What I think.
Speaker 2: I'm a rad there may be something here. I'm not saying that's it.
Speaker 18: What.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's just people who have disabilities. It's gay people who have disabilities what I No, I know, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Right, gay pride be I'm I'm proud of it, and then disability pride would be I'm disabled and proud of it.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're disabled and gay? That's what are they covered though? That's what they're saying. But what I'm saying is, but isn't that covered under the you would think it would be points.
Speaker 8: I'm just trying to tell you, I know you are.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to believe it. I just but what I'm discussed because that made it even funny. No doubt about that, No doubt about that.
Speaker 6: But list I thought, but if you have disabilities or what and you and you are l G B t Q, aren't you under that canopy of the whole month?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: Are we are reaching in?
Speaker 6: We're just are we reaching in and say we're gonna take one night and we're not going to recognize people with disabilities only gay people with disabilities?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you sure? That's well? It was okay, it was fat pride now for fat people that are LGB.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I do think different. I do think everything in June goes back to that. Are you sure so?
Speaker 8: If not?
Speaker 2: It would be disability awareness. Not I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: You didn't have fat pride, and that's fat people that are proud of it.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what it is.
Speaker 8: And then you've got day pride.
Speaker 2: Is one thing.
Speaker 6: I wonder instead of like a bob get that you're saying that anything you're sociated with pride in June they.
Speaker 2: Take Yes, I think so.
Speaker 13: I think so.
Speaker 2: The fact that it's in June July July.
Speaker 8: It's July July disability.
Speaker 1: But just show he has known Greg Burgess for his entire life.
Speaker 6: Upsets all right, by the way, Speedy thinks it's diabetes pride night.
Speaker 2: But uh so, all right, Greg, I was wrong, Greg. Let's clarify. Greg. The message wasn't clear. Greg. You're there's no set okay there after? Are you gonna survive this? Okay?
Speaker 13: I was wrong?
Speaker 2: Crying now laughing, Okay, we're all hurting. Greg. You really doubled down to me. I missed the month they were talking about they were about. I didn't know they were talking about July. I know that John that changed his everything. It's confused. Let me change something.
Speaker 19: You hear.
Speaker 2: There was rainbow colors on the thing. I know, Greg, guy's gonna says, actually in pink, it's okay. I was wrong, but and I didn't mean to, but I drug all y'all with me, and I think I was so convinced. You know why I was.
Speaker 6: I really thought, let me say something, Let me tell you something, Greg, look out there. You died on that gay disability heel and couldn't anybody get.
Speaker 2: You off of it? And it was in July.
Speaker 6: But even in July, Greg was still clinging by pointing to confusing logos and they are confusing. Yes, if I could tell the disability bunch all this different colors for different disabilities, you basically have created a rainbow, and let's stay away from the color pink.
Speaker 7: Well, I missed it right there. Now I'm red, and now I'm looking at the reid. It doesn't say July tenth any bigger than it does. I mean, it's huge.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was great. You can see how that can be confusing about admitting now that I was in correct. So it's a faded out rainbow kind of is what it looks?
Speaker 8: Disability pride?
Speaker 2: What it just this moment, this moment, actually have a like that that's walking Greg.
Speaker 8: You need to clarify what you said and what's actually true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm let's not be in disrespectful. This is just what I thought.
Speaker 6: I thought that it was pride day for disabled people that are a member of the l g B, Greg, q P, l M N O P. Now I don't remember upsetting people now, okay, of that community. Let's say I and I thought that, I mean, we got all kinds of days. I thought it might have been in now I thought that were missing. But what it was that the flags are very the same, a lot of rainbow.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that you thought that category was possible in today's world, well, you're right, I.
Speaker 8: Thought it was that too. For a second, Greg, you even convinced.
Speaker 21: Me that it was.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're convinced. I'm rarely wrong.
Speaker 8: Was and what what did you think it was?
Speaker 2: What you think it was? I told you what I thought, Greg. I want you to declar for what it is though. It is about disabled a disability pride, yes, all in July. And I didn't know that either, And plus I didn't know what today's day was. And course what Speedy calls diabetes pride yes, okay, And now the misspeak didn't help any that.
Speaker 8: The confusion got me.
Speaker 2: Thank you alcohol. I was down. I thought it was a fian slip and things.
Speaker 8: Have gotten so confusing. We're really just trying to figure it all out. This is real time.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying, That's just the way it looked to me. And they're looking and for everybody I on want the emails.
Speaker 6: I apologize. You are just like a skip carrier or whatever his name is. Yes, I can't imagine that thirty seconds.
Speaker 22: I can't.
Speaker 2: They were silent what they were doing.
Speaker 6: I can't figure which one Greg will get most that he what what group? Do you think what he's done is I got to after minute. Unfortunately he's in. He's now got two groups after him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my gosh, we have pride, not just getting now to our defense, we didn't create the confusion. The confusion was there and we were trying to figure it out.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 7: We probably should have paid attention with no day because that's they say that. Yeah completely, the fourth of July.
Speaker 2: If we if we ever stopped shooting from the hip, though, this show will cease to be entertaining. I thought they were going to get bibble heads that night.
Speaker 8: You not hear me, right, half that had half.
Speaker 2: I didn't listen to nothing I got me. That was not before y'all credit me with that. That was not I'm just saying that's how confused it was. I was confused and with it.
Speaker 8: We call it Pride months. We call it Pride month. We thought we thought the word pride.
Speaker 2: I did film dirt hitting us. We record and edit things out, we're live, We're just we're just trying to figure it, man. And I wasn't trying to be funny. I really thought I was right. But now looking back on it, that even in today's world, that would be I disagree with that. I disagree with that. That's the only thing I disagree with.
Speaker 6: I think anything I think right now, you can't take anything off the table. Now you might want to get it right and check your dates, but I'm saying you can't get you can't take anything off. And I'm almost going to be honest to here. I'm looking at this breakdown of the disabailed Pride flag. It's confusing, right.
Speaker 9: Some of it right, because there's red, yellow, blue, green, black, all representing different types of.
Speaker 8: But the white, ya, the white Greg makes a great point.
Speaker 2: Seeing that we're doing rainbow Omega in August. I think we got that, we got a lot d It has nothing to.
Speaker 8: Do with them. Well, but the white on the their flat, their thing says invisible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that I would like.
Speaker 8: What's an invisibility?
Speaker 6: Everybody here has got that one invisible and undiagnosed.
Speaker 2: Can't put your finger on it. But some's not right. If it's and you haven't been diagnosed with it, how do you know? You have like to move on?
Speaker 8: So we just correct.
Speaker 2: I was back to you took that through that runner in the middle of everything, Well I did. I wouldn't have because that's normally what they do. They give away you know who was in he's got I think I think the fires out of hand, gasoline holding person.
Speaker 6: You're not helping. Well, I didn't know, but now that I know, I'm I'm so terribly sorry. Okay, was just if they were singling out a certain community. Greg, So you have now made sure that you've cleared it up and you were passionately wrong. Yes, and but we see where the confusion came from. Yeah, but I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: That close. But now I get it. I get the whole thing too, And in the spirit of us learning.
Speaker 9: The ADA, the Americans with Disabilities Act was signed in the law in July.
Speaker 8: Okay, nineteen ninety Okay.
Speaker 13: Got it?
Speaker 2: And that's straight people. Ye have to go back to the doesn't have to go back to the Deaf College and the house.
Speaker 8: All that started Coastal Carolina? Was that a Coastal Carolina's game?
Speaker 2: No replayed that last beeve remember?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Deaf president now or something?
Speaker 2: I think the ADA and all that kind of started it is.
Speaker 8: That's right, it is, and we're learning.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. They are the uncles your parents warned you about the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: That's pretty accurate. Thanks for being with us today, America. We'll hear from you before we're done.
Speaker 14: Moving.
Speaker 2: Another round of unscreen phone.
Speaker 6: Calls coming up. Do you want to point you to an opportunity? Do you like to deer hunt?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Show hunt Jackie out there?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 6: Have you registered yet? Go to Rickburgessshow dot com. Look under contests or sponsors and you'll see our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourists Association.
Speaker 2: They put together.
Speaker 6: We're glad to help Ultimate North Alabama Hunting road trip to beautiful Willow Oak Lodge. Yes, you'll get a two day free range hunt at beautiful Willow Oak Lodge fifteen hundred dollars value. It's located atop Spruce Pine Mountain and the gorgeous area of North Alabama. Winning also includes all your meals and lodging that'll be included. Willow Oak manages several thousand acres of land for free range hunting, giving hunters all types of opportunities, and you got the chance for the buck of a lifetime. Now you are responsible for all the necessary licenses and the laws and the state of Alabama must be followed to the letter. That is only one buck allowed per day uh and of course the maximum for the year in Alabama's three. But the hunt must be used within one calendar year. It is non transferable. You can sign up at Alabama roadtrips dot org our as I mentioned first, Rick burgesshow dot com under contest or sponsors. You'll find the link there and hopefully you'll come see us in beautiful North Alabama.
Speaker 2: We do have so here we run these.
Speaker 8: Down big Fox in the house. We're turning it loud Burgess everybody.
Speaker 6: If you want to email, go to Rick burgesshow dot com you'll see right there the team. When you cook on the team, you'll see everybody's email. Then you can follow us on Instagram and on x as well. Hey bird, Hey birds, this comes from Dustin. Hello Dustin, I want to thank you for your inspiration you gave me this weekend. I've been listening to your stories of how you've become more handy and how you've been fixing a lot.
Speaker 2: Of things lately. You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Dustin found out my wife's suburban needed a new motor mount replaced. My first thought was, in Greg's voice, I don't think I've got the tools to pull this off. But then I remembered you, Rick Burgers and your inspiration. The mission was successfully completed. Walked around this weekend with my chest poked out and said, yep, I did that. You're welcome. That's well now inspiring other people, not just becoming handy, but inspiring others, Dustin, that makes me feel so good to hear that.
Speaker 8: I that he shouldn't be doing that, if he's not qualified to be doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, by need sounds like you did it fine. You know this is always you People talk down to us new handy people, as if you know, we don't have the skills, can't pull this off looking down your nose at us.
Speaker 2: Vnce.
Speaker 8: No, that's just not a that's not like a simple thing.
Speaker 2: He said he was inspired or leave it at that. Okay, okay, inspiration does a lot of things.
Speaker 6: Sure, Hey bird, Hey birde Vince new show comes on History Channel tomorrow. I think it may be right up your alley, bird, See what you're gonna think about this. It's called Hazardous History, and Henry Winkler is the host. So we got the funds the host anything the fund's host, I'll give a shot.
Speaker 2: Here's something. Listen. It's called hazardous History. Listen to this.
Speaker 6: Some of the things they cover. Lawn darts, Oh yeah, hazard Yeah we did. I don't know how that ever got off the table that we're out in the yard throwing lawn darts up in the air and they were jot had that little.
Speaker 2: Circle you put and you try to throw in it. Thank you thing me on purpose?
Speaker 6: Well, to your credit, you were quicker than I thought. Asbestos was once used. This fake snow as Bestus was the first snow and my personal favorite a uranium set for kids. Hazardous History, Right, I can't wait that's real. Yeah, so it says at this point, I'm afraid to say, Birds, I know you is too late for you to watch it live, but they'll stream it. You can go get it on your own time, says said. I'm only forty, but I'm not all that. That's savvy, he said, So it's there you go, he said, it's channel one time.
Speaker 2: I watch it. Okay, had like history, hazardous history. I love that. Yeah, you know, and I think and we've played some of these here. We've played some of these.
Speaker 6: You know, the commercials for cigarettes, especially the ones that talked about how how good they were good for your throat. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was it.
Speaker 6: My favorite was the doctor recommended brand. Yeah, that was the one that most doctors use. It was a camel by the way, it was old camel short. Gracious, Hey bird, Hey, Birds. Just watched this Strange Encounters podcast. Enjoyed that discussion with Tom Carr, he said, he said, also appreciated the words at the end. He said, uh, when when I when when I heard some of the things that were brought up, all of us started getting a little bit tight, going, uh oh, where's birds going with this? Appreciate all the things we said, well, it was just you know, we it was good. I mean, we agreed on most everything. There were a few things that we didn't agree on, but it was not anything that we couldn't work out, you know. We he was on for a specific reason. Uh, he had had encounters with demons, and that's really what we wanted to hear.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then you know, there were some things that you know, we we talked about and we discussed and things we agreed on.
Speaker 2: Thing we disagreed on. But that's the beauty of the of the cast.
Speaker 6: And we've got another another guest coming up this week that has had some sort of encounter that will investigate and we got a lot more to come. So not part of hey burds, but I did want to bring this up. Fred Smith, FedEx founder, Yeah, found dead at eighty Really, Yeah, you talk about somebody who changed the world FedEx. Who would have ever thought ship everything to Memphis and then go out from there, you know, and that this would be more efficient. And let's face it, they they radically changed the way we got packages and they challenged the whole industry. But he was he was He was found dead at eighty The company announced and said he was more than just a pioneer of an industry, which he was, and the founder of a great company. He was the heart and soul of FedEx. They announced, they're not saying. They said he died on Saturday at eighty, But they don't really tell you much about Is that him when he was young? I guess so cause of death? I guess that'll come later. But apparently maybe he'd lived still independently if they found him dead, I guess at eighty, which.
Speaker 2: Worth oh a lot? And you, I mean there is you talk about a ton of money.
Speaker 13: So are what?
Speaker 6: What do you because it seems like they've kind of challenged everybody to do better. You got FedEx, you got ups, you got the US Postal Service, And I'm a little gray on I'm a little gray on some of these others.
Speaker 2: Amazon.
Speaker 6: I order from them, you order from them, but I'm sorry, there's one the one out there in the yell and the red vans.
Speaker 2: So they what oh uh yeah, the the HL something like? Are they I mean, are they good with them?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Back when they were, they weren't as good as to talk to Amazon's.
Speaker 8: Amazon's delivering a lot of their own stuff too. You see all those people. Yeah, prime trucks.
Speaker 2: Not only are they they're they're put together that vertical monopoly on ordering things. And then you got the freight companies when it's a little bigger. Yeah, oh yeah, that's big. That's when you know you got a pallet company.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so FedEx stepped it up.
Speaker 19: Huh.
Speaker 8: I didn't really, I didn't.
Speaker 9: I wasn't paying attention when they came to prominence and didn't know that they'd changed the game.
Speaker 2: Oh they would total game change. Yeah. Up to that, it was just US postal service.
Speaker 6: And when they started this overnight by ten the next day, they blew everybody's mind.
Speaker 7: Like, tell me if this is a rumor, if I have this right, did Birmingham have a chance to have FedEx as the hub and it went to Memphis?
Speaker 2: I do not know that now. What I heard on that is Birmingham had the chance to be Delta's Is that what it was? And they passed on that and it went to Atlanta.
Speaker 16: Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that I've heard, not FedEx. Okay, but I'm not saying that. No, I might have it wrong.
Speaker 6: I thought I heard that, Okay, So they said dhl' is it Greg specialized in international shipping. So there remember one time they came to my house at like ten after ten o'clock? Really, did you know guy a little late?
Speaker 2: Answer? Did you squint at him? Did you give him that face?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 2: When we come back, it is unscreened phone calls to wrap up the hour and oh, oh boy, oh have we given you plenty today? Have we given you plenty? You can't miss these shows. You just can't. I mean, what's the odds of us being around? I mean, but you can't miss them?
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready.
Speaker 2: To bring something to the table?
Speaker 21: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show one eight eight eight six eighty blog.
Speaker 2: Here we go America. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 6: All ten lines are available now as we wrap up the hour and for a lot of you the day, So go grab anything you missed off the archives today and if you want to dial us up, now's the time. From text Nation, this person should be a writer for Babylon and b Rumor is has it that Freddy's Smith from FedEx that at the funeral the Pallbears will be fed Ex delivery guys. They'll stand about ten feet away from the grave and toss this casket toward the hole and hope it gets close.
Speaker 2: God, that's funny. That's funny. It's a little it's a little, you know, not caring, but it is. But it is funny. That is a funny one.
Speaker 6: Uh to the people, we go. Unscreen phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 28: This is an opportunity for us to stand together. I do believe staying with our fellow man with one common enemy. But make no mistake, I'm still gonna sueplay saddler a little bit. It's awesome around.
Speaker 2: All right, right here, thank you calling. Yeah, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 6: Uh, let's continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 26: Hey, it's gonna answer Speedy's questions. So flythel Arkansas was originally where FedEx was going to move and the city decided not to give them any tax cuts. They were going to use an old Air Force base, and so that's why they ended up moving to Memphis. Also, he went before the USPS government group or whatever, offering to help take over USPS and streamline it, and the government refused it.
Speaker 6: So remember that, Yeah, I do remember that because I mean I read that too, and he said he could do it so much more efficiently, so much better. Yeah, and probably could. Have you remember where the original one that got them really going when it absolutely has to be there overnight?
Speaker 2: That's it? Do you remember that? That's good? Good? Good campaign? We continue, Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey guys, how are y'all good?
Speaker 13: Good deal?
Speaker 16: Hey, this is a question for Speedy.
Speaker 29: You know I lived through fall from Dublin, but I just want to know what Speed is gonna do whenever he called that good pot rose and he goes in there and lays out at nine and he wakes up with the stomach attack, and all of a sudden he goes and knocks on the door and only here's in Larry's boys say, I'm in here.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna be good.
Speaker 5: That where to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be awful. Run down in the yard, that gumment. If he woke up, miss hands were shaking, God stop kidding, Rick Birdie show, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, I got a question.
Speaker 28: So if Iran responded to America with attack, where was the first place I think they would attack?
Speaker 2: Who would attack? They would Iran?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 16: But like if they came back Iran came back to the US.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you terrorist groups? Are you talking about a full blown military.
Speaker 22: Military?
Speaker 6: It's always gonna be the same same people be in New York. Uh, you know Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: See. Uh, those kind of cities that that usually are the usual suspects.
Speaker 26: Uh.
Speaker 6: We continue. Uh, let's go to unscreen phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, say speedy. Just in case anything goes sideways on your trip.
Speaker 19: Instead of whacking anybody and going to jail, you can just tally whack them.
Speaker 8: Okay, so funny, Gosh, it's not funny.
Speaker 2: Don't laugh. That doesn't help. What do you say? I don't know? Uh, we continue, Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 29: Boy, David and Larry's voice sound so much a lot I could hear them both screaming out speedy.
Speaker 16: It puts the lotion on.
Speaker 2: Okay, See, this is your fault that everybody goes ast? What did I do? You go out? But it's just a mistake. Ye, you dropped that one pretty good. Mhm. We continue. Uh. Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, Go.
Speaker 19: Ahead, Hey, thereat a ranking from Greg All right, Rocket, Big Chief, Uh, Coter Brown or Ron's Barbecue rank the top four.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Rocket, Coder Brown's, Ron's and then the Big Chief.
Speaker 6: Wow right, the Big Chief? Ever before that, it's pleasures over your way? Yes, yeah, okay, you never have rocket is yeah?
Speaker 13: I ask it?
Speaker 6: No, I know rocket good stuff this area. And I've never been to Coder Browns because I'm back.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's it's very good. Good meals you eat there, Greg, No, that's not what that means. That's after dark.
Speaker 6: They're one of these. I always have funny stuff on their sign. Say that's pretty, honey. I've never eaten there before.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 6: And it's Big Chief, the one out there by guessing Glen and I've seen it, but I've never If I've eaten there, I don't remember it. I made How about this? I bet I have though.
Speaker 2: Sure it's right there by the Hunger Hut. I know where it is. Greg. We continue Rick Burcher's show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 16: I ain't too proud to beg speedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, this is again. It's your fault. This is all your fault.
Speaker 8: I think we should have heard that guy out that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Rick Burger's Show, unscreened phone calls, go ahead. Yeah, in Georgia by morning, there's a lot of.
Speaker 6: Anticipation for your trip. Rick Burger's Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Hey, good morning, man, Hey buddy, Hey, I heard you guys talking about the disability thing. I happen to be just say and you guys get it. This is one of my favorite sayings. I'm in a wheelchair and have been some tiny eCos in the tornado, but one of the things, I you know, kind of laughing at myself, I'll say, how are the handicap We're.
Speaker 13: Fun to watch.
Speaker 2: No, you don't say that.
Speaker 12: Let me tell you absolutely, that's funny.
Speaker 2: That's really good the world major sense of humor. So badly, sir, Rick Burger's Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Hi, I was just reaching to you guys. This is Johnny lafoy on an awesome whereabout the street truck? Yes, man, yeah, man, I'm so glad I got through. So I just got notified today. I mentioned on the air last week the CBS forty two competition we actually won, so they're coming out first.
Speaker 2: Posson whereabouts. That's good. Congratulations, that's great. Uh we continue. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, go ahead. It was good bye, Greg.
Speaker 1: I got something for you, all right.
Speaker 2: That boy? Sorry. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Who who Speedy?
Speaker 26: Somebody told me that h Richard Simmons and Larry was a play Park's second cousins.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't even get there. He was laughing so hard that he couldn't even get it out. Oh my god. We continue. Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead. Hey, gentlemen, how are y'all good?
Speaker 14: Hey, A couple of things before you'll send.
Speaker 29: Speedy out, Like get a DNA sample because everything can't be recovered sometimes, and I got a resort to that.
Speaker 13: Get a stock so the dogs can use that from maybe tracking. And look for any weird purchases on his debit card, like anything over ten dollars.
Speaker 2: That is always the stuff from right here. I'm real, okay, I'm for real person. Rick Birgers Show, unscreenphone calls, Go ahead. Oh that's that one. Uh, let's see Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 25: Hey, fellas, Rick, this is Randy from the I ass podcast.
Speaker 12: How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 2: Hope you're well doing well?
Speaker 25: Brother, Just wanted to say men Father's Day and opened up my gifts and got an autograph copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. It was awesome, so fired up. And I thought back to on our podcast with you back in November, and you told us that you were giving us an exclusive and I like to pretend that we were the first ones to know about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you man, I appreciate that and appreciate that opportunity. Yeah, you guys were breaking news. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 26: What a day?
Speaker 12: What a day?
Speaker 9: What a day?
Speaker 2: Have you missed any of it?
Speaker 6: Go back and grab it on your own time on the daily podcast or YouTube archives. Find out everything you need to know about the show by going to Rick burgesshow dot com.
Speaker 2: So much more to come this week. Don't you dare miss a show.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.