Speaker 1: We're recording. Is the video recording it is?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I inhaled the match smoke soulfa from the match. I lit the candle and when you know, when the when you blow the match out and that stuff comes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in my throat. Let me tell you something. If this wire gets caught in that fire, it's not it's not gonna be great. Can you start it? It started? Oh? What's the thing? Hold? Please? Let me just hold please. Welcome to another exciting episode. Uh what exciting? Come? I do it with you? Ready? Ready? Did you do it? What again?
Speaker 2: The regular board we use is there right there.
Speaker 1: But everybody who we said last week when we did our discussing dinner party, do you like this set up? Everyone's like, oh my god, I love this setup. Yeah, so we thought we'd do it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it's okay, And you're like, I don't anything on the table.
Speaker 1: It's messy.
Speaker 2: Look at this, but your dumb cup is there and there's nothing in it and it's not even sponsored. If it's oh my top popped, yeah, well it's empty. If this was American Idol, you know, we could have cups that say, you know, wax Cabin Candle company, but instead we will.
Speaker 1: Just talk about wax cabin candles here right off the bat. Yes, look at that Peppermind Cocoa crunch or Frosty Snowballs still available at serial killerspc dot com. Make sure you use code serial Killers at check out and get ten percent off.
Speaker 2: Yeah you will, Yay, So buy them for the holidays.
Speaker 1: Buy them, get the gift set. We have them all over the house. Yeah, we really do.
Speaker 2: I like my Frosty snowballs because I still have the ones that were like the test ones, the smells that we weren't sure if we wanted. So I have those all over the house.
Speaker 1: Great. Mm hm. Did you like how I loaded a Christmas THEA? So I don't like this thing? Like the tables are turned here.
Speaker 2: So now you're pushing all these things, and I have a feeling that pretty soon there's gonna be something that goes like when I'm talking no or something like that.
Speaker 1: I want you that to you. Oh okay, never never never never. All right, So what's going on, Andy? Not much? How was your Thanksgiving? It was great? It was really really good. Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's a few things we didn't get to last week.
Speaker 1: Food wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was the disgusting dinner party. Some of the things were actually pretty good. I enjoyed the ravioli. I loved the ambrosia, you know. But one of the things that we said we were going to eat that I ordered never came.
Speaker 1: A bread can. Yes, yes, Oh, that sounds like it's a right answer. Did you hear that one? That one's a weak ding? I wasn't sure about it. Okay, do you like that ding? I'm not a huge fan of it, but I.
Speaker 2: Thought you were gonna say it's a sexual innuendo.
Speaker 1: I don't have a sexual innuendo. Well that was a good button for that, this one. Yeah, yeah, see bread and a can? Okay, I just like pressing these buttons. I have some other good ones. Okay, all right, don't waste them all? Now you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so here's a Oh what the hell is in this? It's B and M the bean company. They make the baked beans, and they make lots of other products too, but just not under the B and M name. They make pickles and all kinds of stuff. I need to see this matter raisin. Yeah, I got the raisin one raisin bread. First of all, I don't understand. This is a foreign concept to me. Just get bread in a bag. Why in a can? Did you bring a can opener? I did, Amy reminded me. She texted me this morning.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. What's interesting about this is that is that steam that's supposed to be coming off of this it looks like it. It looked. It looks like the logo is yeah, it's brick oven. Come huh, here's my cand open. Do you know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that. See my house, we don't have an electric can opener. I don't either, really. Yeah, Amy said that's the norm, and I was like, I don't know. Because I grew up with an electric can opener. I just assumed that everybody had an electric can opener.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't have one. I like the old fashioned do it yourself twist off.
Speaker 2: We just cleaned the top. Don't know where it's been. Might have been some rats on it in the warehouse there at Amazon.
Speaker 1: That's why my mom always says, you use a straw when you drink soda out of the candy. Let's see what this sounds like. Oh oh that was nice. Oh bully, this.
Speaker 2: Is the strangest thing to like, are you supposed to heat it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, what's Oh boy, look at that. It's like a turd. It's a turd in a can. Hold on. It doesn't smell bad directions remove both ends of can. Oh, because the air has to it won't come out heating serving suggestions. You could toast it or microwave it.
Speaker 2: This is good until January of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe you should heat it up. Yeah, let's just eat it. I feel like maybe you should heat it up. That's all right. I don't know if it's all right.
Speaker 2: I think it's just fine. It says it doesn't have to be that's a serving suggestion.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a serving suggestion, just like Vienna sausages. That's right. Yeah, that wasn't suggested. That was probably the right thing to do all the way. This is a bonus. You weren't.
Speaker 2: I can just see us eat more garbage in this episode.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Oh it has the can marks on it. Oh, oh, you got it all over the board.
Speaker 1: It smells. I actually don't mind the smell kind of sound. Smells like sourdough raisins. Yeah, I love sour dough. That's can you can you can we not? Can we not do it that way? What if we do it like a gentle burp? Okay, why aren't you putting it over a place? I if you what do you want to come out? Can I can? I it's not gonna it's not gonna pop out. This is so foul. You got it on the board. This you did. There's grease stains. Just blow it that. You blew your bread on it. God, this is heavy. Wait you know what it sounded like when it came out of the can. Oh no, no, no, I thought that was going to be I thought that was gonna be the boying sound. I forgot to that would totally be worked there. Okay, I'll just pretend to do it boying. All right. There's crumbs all over this thing. Now this is like the sweet brown bed from cheesecake factory. Oh I love that bread. Okay, top breads Uh? Out Back to me is better than cheesecake factory. Controversial, but it's true. We did this. We did this. We did I didn't say out back was better, Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: You said it was awesome with the butter and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it really is that in a bloomin onion oh man, here we go. I know I'm gonna like this, so there's really nothing elie. Yeah, I know I'm not going to bread. I've been a bread I don't like. But I just don't understand the whole can thing. Cheers. Yeah, that kind of tastes like. I don't understand it. You put a bunch of toast in a can and then closed it. Why would someone do that? Though I just gleaked. I gleaked. I'm on the board. No, I gleaked on the bread. Yeah, well I'm not having any more. So that's to you and strange consistency. I don't understand why they do this. I really don't mind who said let's put bread in a can? Clearly b and m all right. I think they're in Jersey. I kind of toy. You're really not that bad. I would eat this' agam.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're Portland main hmmm, water, whole wheat, flour, molasses, dextros, whole grain, rye flour, raisins way. There's really not much in here, baking soda, buttermilk, salt, corn oil.
Speaker 1: And that's it. I don't mind it, I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's okay. I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with a second can. Yeah, I'm not gonna be like a bread and a can person. We really need to wash this down with what. It's very dry with what? Yeah, you're like, I hope it's not sardine juice. I would never do that. You put cheese in a can. I've never had eggnog before ever. I hate. I just had a conversation with people how much I hate eggnog. I've never ever had it. I despise eggnog. A vomit sound. No, I didn't upload a vomit sound. Ugh, I hate this smells like like bubble gum. For a second, I thought we were gonna drink heavy cream, and I was like worried. Oh no, look at that. I'm sorry for the eggnog glovers because I do know that they are. That is that is a group.
Speaker 2: I think you might need a piece of plastic for this board, because I feel like I might spit this up because it smells like bubble gum. It smells like the awful fluoride that some dentists will use. They sneak attack you, okay, and like, what flavor do you want? But when they don't ask what flavor you want and they use bubble gum and I vomit.
Speaker 1: But that happened when I was When you were a kid, they used to do the duck bill. I hated the duck bill so much. Yes, and it would and they would say, oh, it's bubble gum flavor. In what world was that bubble gum?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about it and making bubble gum's making me nauseous. That chewing that foam thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and ugh the floor, No, you're ready, let's try bottoms up andy here. Thanks Turkey Hill. It's not terrible. I may take back what I said about egnog. If Turkey Hill's making it, it's it's stratten.
Speaker 2: Will I drink this again? The answer is no, No, it's a weird consistency. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: Plus, I feel like when you see people drinking eggnog, they're like, there's like a bowl of it, right, oh, take it with the spill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they're wearing a Christmas sweater and there's a mistletoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, creepy guys trying to make out with some younger girl. Yeah, yeah, Oh you know what, I'll make it all better.
Speaker 1: With what I said, with what I was over at our friend Stu Leonards. Yes, okay, good, okay, Yeah, it tastes like bubble gum is in after flavor. It's gross.
Speaker 2: So you know every season they make the special milks. So Christmas cookie milk Andrew is back in stores. I mean, this is delicious. You don't have to smell it. It's just awesome. It's full of sugar and it's just milk that tastes like sugar cookies.
Speaker 1: I was actually I saw your picture that you uploaded, yea, and I was thinking, I really hope he gets My favorite is the bunny milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bunny milk is great, chocolate bunny milk.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Yeah it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm glad this isn't like gingerbread or pumpkin or something.
Speaker 1: This is great. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If you have a Stu Leonard's near you, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut. This is not an adult though. They should be sponsoring this podcast.
Speaker 1: Stu one of these days.
Speaker 2: Hey, Stu, where do you put your Christmas tree?
Speaker 1: Hi? Put it right in the center of the house. No, it's wherever his wife Kim tells you wherever. My wife Kim tells me, you only get that joke if you live in the tri State. Yeah. Anyway, this is good stuff. Yeah. So that's it, right, that's all. No other snacks, No, I have nothing else. That's it. God bless? What was that thing? Oh, you crossed yourself? Is that a job? Bless's a Jesus thing? Yeah, Father's son, holy Spirit. Father is God and Jesus is the Son. Yes, who's the Holy Spirit? Mary? I think I went to Catholic school, and I still can't really tell you you. Yeah, I'm not the best at that.
Speaker 2: Someone's gonna yell at me because it was probably like sacrilegious to say Mary's a holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: No, I mean she gave birth to the virgin child. I old do we can't do religion, which she was the virgin mother who gave birth to.
Speaker 2: It, because neither of us know anything about it. And I know noahs arc as animals? Yeah, two of each, two of each, right, two of each? Should they can procreate? Was that the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right? And then they did. I think it was forty days on the ocean or something. Okay, not like on the ocean. That sounds like it was a cruise liner. What are you gagging the eggnog? Wait?
Speaker 2: Does it all taste like this or is it brand specific?
Speaker 1: I think it's brand specific because there's alcoholic egnog. No, I know that.
Speaker 2: But if you open a cart and of one from like hood, is it gonna taste the same?
Speaker 1: Or is it like milk?
Speaker 2: Because all one percent milk, no matter what company makes it all taste the same. Should we do an eggnog like No, I don't think I can. I don't really think I can do that.
Speaker 1: Well. I've been seeing a lot of like challenges on YouTube that I feel like we should start getting into, like Oh, what's better this one or this one?
Speaker 2: Is that what we're reducing ourselves.
Speaker 1: To think, So that's what we're gonna be able to do, like challenge days, like challenge Fridays.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have to tell you because I brought this up before and it finally happened. My friend Doug, who has never listened to our podcast before. I was like, dude, we do a podcast about cereal. It's called Serial Killers. He was like, Oh, that's really interesting. I'm going to check it out one day. So then he texted me over the weekend. He's like, made it to the forty four minute mark, and I was like, what oh. In the last episode of bowl Chat, we said, if you make it to the forty four minute mark and you're still listening, let us know.
Speaker 1: So he let me know.
Speaker 2: So the first episode of anything ever that he listened to was The Disgusting Dinner Party. So he came to listen to Cereal Chat and he heard nothing serial related whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So that is my fear.
Speaker 2: That was my fear when we started this whole bowl Chat thing that somebody coming to Serial Killers for the first time to hear about fruit loops is going to hear about you know, Kim's convenience on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Well, again, it's clearly marked bull Chat.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean anything to somebody that doesn't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Bro. So the episodes that are don't have any think it's a bowl Chat and things about Tesla's How.
Speaker 2: Would how would a brand new listener know what that means?
Speaker 1: They won't know, they don't know.
Speaker 2: I think we should start off every boll Chat episode saying, Hey, everybody, welcome to bull Chat. It's the sister podcast to Serial Killers, the podcast where we talk about Cereal and Think Inside the Box. Those are new on Mondays.
Speaker 1: This this one when we talk about whatever comes out on Wednesday, So don't be confused if you're looking for Cereal talk come back on Monday. What is all this stuff? The sound effects they loaded? You know what? I did you a favor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let that keep going.
Speaker 1: I cut it short. Where'd you get that from? Again? Because I now have access to do all this, I can do it myself.
Speaker 2: That was the right theme song time. I know, because you know nothing about it, you probably would have taken season one, which is not real.
Speaker 1: I knew the exact part that you always started at, so I found it in the episode, in the intro thing, and I cut it just to that. Oh wait, yes, Scott, I am competent.
Speaker 2: Speaking of cut and Kim's Convenience, I have to tell you so, I am Amy and I are in love with the show. It is spectacular. It started in like twenty seventeen or something like that. There's five seasons of it. It's on Netflix. It's about this Korean family that owns a convenience store and they live above it, and the whole thing, the Shenanigans, everything. It's actually kind of a warm store, you know, heartfelt kind of thing too at times. But so in the last episode that I watched and I talked about this a couple of bowl chats ago. Remember when we argued about the sweatshirt and the shorts and whatnot, and you can't wear.
Speaker 1: Long sleeves sweatshirt with whatever. Okay.
Speaker 2: So in this last episode we watched, he thinks that he invented and he called them ports. They were pants that turned into shorts and went back into pants, like the leg would unzip and come off and they became shorts. Sorry, I just touched your knee. Yeah that was you grote me under the table. Well, I doing the unzipp thing on my leg. I don't know why because you can't see. But so obviously other people have thought about this before. Why is it not a thing because you don't need zip pants.
Speaker 1: Zip pants are for guidos and like, I don't know people that are like strippers.
Speaker 2: If you're out to No, those are breakaway pants if you're outside and it's hot and you're like, oh the eggnog.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm not. I mean, I'm just drinking my Christmas milk and mine in my business. I chugged my milk, that's gone.
Speaker 2: But if you're outside and it's hot and you're like, oh, I can't take my pants off, but you know what, I could take my legs off. Wouldn't that be just great to be able to do?
Speaker 1: No? I never I've never been in a situation truly where I've said to myself, God, it's hot. Ooh, I wish I could just make these pants shorts.
Speaker 2: There are plenty of times where I'll be wearing jeans outside and it gets hot, and I'm like, oh god it why didn't I wear shorts today?
Speaker 1: But why would you not just check the weather forecast?
Speaker 2: We come to work at four o'clock in the morning, Andrew it's cold and it warms up as the day progressed, So you know.
Speaker 1: What you wear, Like what you're doing now? A jacket? We already did this. What's underneath it?
Speaker 2: Short sleeve shirt? We did this already? Wait, we did it. I don't care just because I have a I have a noise.
Speaker 1: That doesn't even make any sense in this situation. Yes it does. That's the digging noise, because oh wow, it's I was right. That's kind of like an idea light bulb is what that I don't have. I don't have that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, where do you get them from? By the way, how do you put them in here? Do you have to search the web and find them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just go on YouTube and find a noise and then I just rip it. Okay, right there, I got it. And it's that easy.
Speaker 2: So last night I finally realized that I'm middle aged.
Speaker 1: When why? How Well, first of.
Speaker 2: All, technically middle age. You hit middle age when you think you've lived half your life. Huh, that's middle age. Yeah, you know, that's the middle of the life span you have. So I'm forty six, so I figure I'll live till ninety two. Okay, right, If I lived till ninety two, i'm middle aged right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, according to like the CDC and like other health statistics, usually men live to be about seventy eight. No, I think that's going up a little bit, because it's actually gone down.
Speaker 2: So people are acting differently and they're doing better things for their body than they did, say, you know in the twenties when they smoked seventeen packs of Chesterfield a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Now they're just drinking microplastics out of an eggnog and Christmas milk. It's way healthier.
Speaker 2: What do you mean because I'm drinking little plastic balls and they're growing in my belly.
Speaker 1: Well there's that, And there's also just the fact that you're probably just drinking lard milk and eating bread out of a can. So it's not like we're the epitome of health right now. So food products have become less and less pure over the years. Is that what you're saying. They're just loaded with sugars.
Speaker 2: Well they always were, Now they're just artificial sugars that are really bad for you.
Speaker 1: And there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's why we're dying younger.
Speaker 1: Well there's that. I mean there was also like a pandemic that brought down the age a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get that, but I feel like I'll live till my grandfather lived into his nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it also depends on genetics. Like our family, my dad's side, the ones that live in Italy, even though the Greek there was a woman who lived in the town who lived like over one hundred So my dad's side is good with that, my mom's side not so good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know about my mom's side because my mom's father died like in a car wreck when she was like nine, so I don't know how long he would have lived to be. But you know, I've got the longevity on my dad's side, so we'll see fingers crossed. Of course, my dad's dad was bald by the time he was like thirty, So I guess I get the hair from the other side, right, you get the hair from them from your mom's side. Is that how that works? I think where it skips a j I think it's just luck of the draw. I really do luck of the draw. Yeah, you get what you get. You don't get upset, Okay, Yeah, just like you tell your kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, see yeah, just like you tell your kids. Right. What else to go? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh so okay, so middle aged? Right, so last night.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, Oh you have a phone call? No what, I just need to make sure this recording.
Speaker 2: Oh holy if it didn't, I'm not doing it again. I swear to you, I'm not doing it again with this stupid thing. We have the regular thing right there?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, we could keep going because it's on green. What does that mean? It means that these are green. We're good. I don't what does that green mean? Yeah, we're good. We're green.
Speaker 2: It says are EC, which stands record and that's red. Yeah, and the time is going up. Yeah, and these are green now. But they weren't before.
Speaker 1: I didn't press them, but the mic things were reading, so that's that's a good sign. So this could be half a podcast, half a point. Yeah, yeah, I will kill you. But just in case, why don't we just welcome everybody to another episode out?
Speaker 2: No, no, stop it, I'm not doing it again. If it didn't dude, you and this thing, you're like, oh, I have this great the roadcaster I only spend five hundred dollars on mine was always going is this me this one?
Speaker 1: This reads it? But these things are green now, so this was just let me see. Yeah, okay, good keep talking.
Speaker 2: Wait, so before they were getting you were getting levels on this side.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it? Andrew? Oh my god? It was recording. We're good. Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so last night Amy and I took Cooper to see Harry styles of the new Ubs arena, Beautiful by the Way, where the Islanders play. They haven't won a game there yet, but this was the very first concert there, so it was kind of cool. It was like the inaugural concert for this venue and we were there, so that was super cool. But I mean, Harry Styles, the fan.
Speaker 1: Base skew is a bit younger, yeah, and a bit more female one direction, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean it was an arena sold out probably ninety eight percent female.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And most of those females were under the age of probably eighteen.
Speaker 1: Wow. So first of all, it was a creeper's paradise. I can imagine.
Speaker 2: As Amy and I walked around the rotunda, there was like, every once in a while you'd see some.
Speaker 1: Can I just say how much I love the word rotunda? What do you call it? Retunda?
Speaker 2: What do you call it? It's the thing, the lab of it, retunda. Okay, So we were walking around. Every once in a while, we would look at each other because there'd be like some fifty to fifty five year old guy in like a Hawaiian shirt by himself. Don't feel bad for him, dude, he's there creeping on these young girls. And my other daughter there, sir, My other daughter actually was there with her friends. I'm like, wait a minute, there are like older dudes that are like creeping looking at my kid.
Speaker 1: But you know that's neither here nor there. I'm just saying that being in that environment, but it made me feel like maybe I'm a little bit older. Yeah, I will say. I saw Ghostbusters a couple of weeks ago, yeah, two weeks ago, and the kids sitting next to me. First of all, I was annoyed at first. He was funny, this little kid going to see Ghostbusters. Yeah, and he had some good little one liners. And then as the movie went on, he I think was thinking this was like a YouTube channel. So every two seconds you'd be like, well, that doesn't make sense canonically, Like you're eight, what are you doing talking about the word canonically?
Speaker 2: I mean you were saying that stuff didn't make sense in Clifford. I mean, but I wasn't saying it during the movie. I waited, but this kid was talking the whole time.
Speaker 1: And then at one point he said, Oh my god, that person must be so old. They were born in nineteen sixty eight, and I was like, oh god, oh god, nineteen sixty eight. My mom was born in nineteen sixty and my dad was born in nineteen fifty nine. Are born in the forties, That's what I'm saying. So for this kid to say nineteen sixteen, I mean, you're only two years off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what, No, I'm not you, dick. Why do you try to make me out to be older than I am.
Speaker 1: I'm not this old.
Speaker 2: I'm not this old, out of touch, decrepit dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, not at all. Seriously, Yeah no, ever, and you're a hip and what the times? Okay, I may not be hip or with the time. How are you, fellow children? But were you playing with the TikTok?
Speaker 2: I must say the working on this show for so long has kept me feeling younger. I feel like if I wasn't working here, if I was just, like, I don't know, in sanitation or something like whatever, I mean, just some other job.
Speaker 1: I applied to.
Speaker 2: Be a senate sanitation and a freaking garbage man. I listen, the pay is great, no kidding. I would have been retired by now, right, I could. I applied in eighteen to be a garbage man and couldn't even get that job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let me tell you something. The only bad thing about being a garbage man would be when the juice has come out of the garbage truck.
Speaker 2: Garbage juice is the worst, especially in the summer. Well, when I was a kid, if we had off from school, I would get I would hear the garbage truck coming up the block. I would get on my bike and I would follow the truck around the neighborhood. I used to like to watch them put things in the back and watch the big thing come down and crush. And every once in a while, when it was the same guys, they would let me throw something in.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, ast gone, that was the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did that every once in a while. When I would hear the fire alarm go off too, I would get on my bike. I would ride to the firehouse and I would watch the trucks leave. I wanted to be a junior fireman too, and my mom wouldn't let me. She wouldn't sign the paperwork. Yeah, so my life could be totally different. Now, I could be a firefighter and a retired sanitation worker.
Speaker 1: At the same time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, we think about how your life would be. Yeah, I'd be getting a mean pension right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. Seriously, Yeah, I would say, garbage man, I could do. I don't know if I could be a nurse. I sometimes think like, what would be my side job? Like dream side job? Go like, if you didn't have this job, what would it.
Speaker 2: Be a side If I didn't have this job, it wouldn't be a side job.
Speaker 1: Would what would be a range?
Speaker 2: Well, I would be working. I know this sounds stupid, but I'd be working at some sort of delivery company. I'd be working for fed X or most likely fed X, but I would I would like to be a letter carrier as well. They get great exercise.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They also have a pretty good pension. I know that, although I think that's all messed up now. Well, shout out to Fred the mailman. I know he's a listener.
Speaker 1: Hey Fred, Yeah, Fred listens.
Speaker 2: A letter carrier, Andrew a letter carrier. A letter carrier, that's what they're called. Yeah, a letter carrier.
Speaker 1: Because what about mail women? Okay, so okay, let's go with the gender non.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying no, But they just they've called them letter carriers for years, even though they carry more than letters, that's for sure. Yeah, it's true, especially this time of year.
Speaker 1: What about USPS packages? What about it? That is the post office? Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you this that makes me nuts, Like someone will bring me a box and say, hey, can you mail this out for me? If you're mailing something, that means it's going through the post office. If you're shipping something that could be anywhere, you know what I mean, Like you can't mail something through fed X.
Speaker 1: Thank god I work on the show. It keeps me so young and in touch. Let me talk to you about the reasons why I hate when people say they want to mail a package anyway, real, real, in touch.
Speaker 2: I would like to have worked for the post Office. I think that would have been fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. I could see that working out for you. I think I would have been a good therapist. You think, yeah, I think so. Okay, I think so. I think I'm calm enough for the most part, except for this podcast. Did I that's my fault? Yeah, okay, without doubt. Sure I would not take you on his patient, but yeah, I would want to do that one. Okay. Let me think what else would I want to do? Maybe like a like a crisis communications person.
Speaker 2: That would be fun to you are good under pressure, I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like things could be like burning down around you and you'd be like I got this.
Speaker 2: Just everybody go over here and you're you are good like that. I don't know whether you're faking it or if you're really like good like that and you're really like crapping your pants on the inside.
Speaker 1: But I think internally I'm panicking, but outside, if other people are panicking, then somebody has to be like the not panicker. And that is where I step in. So you put on a good show one hundred percent. A lot of times I'm just bs in it and hoping, hoping things fall into place as I go along as most people do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, our first mailman, because it was mailman back then. His name was Buck, and I remember he used to smoke a pipe. And that's back when they were able to they were allowed to drive the truck to every house. It were like, get in the little jeep stop, get out, Get in a little jeep stop, get out.
Speaker 1: And he always had a pipe. And his name was Buck. I don't know what someone who's smoking managing my or handling my mail. It was the seventies and eighties, of course it was. That was okay. Then there was a man named Buck. How that's all I need to know that It was the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 2: I love the way that pipe smelled. Really, yeah, I do like the way the pipe smells.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Yeah, I mean I was never I never smoked out of a pipe.
Speaker 2: I remember riding my bike to the super X. Not the time when I bought the Debbie Gibson Electric youth perfume, but the time I just went and I bought a corn cob pipe. And I don't know why, because I thought it was cool to smoke a pipe. So I rode my bike and I bought a corn cob pipe and some like cherry tobacco, and it was horrendous.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like the way it smells, but I guess I don't like the way it tastes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's yeah, what's interesting, is it? I mean cigarettes are the same way. I don't know. Sometimes after you drink or something, it's like, oh, cigarette, but then you know, you taste it and you're like.
Speaker 2: H it makes me vomit at this point. I mean, I'll admit it. Back in the day in high school, yeah, I was a cool guy smoking butts with everyone on the bump, you know, But.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, none of that sounded cool. And yet again, I go back to this show keeps me young and in touch? Children? Are you smoking butts around the bump? What? I know, cigarette butts? But what's around the bump? At school?
Speaker 2: Surprisingly, at high school out back, there was a speed bump that would right at the edge of the parking lot and you were allowed to smoke at the bump because it wasn't on school property. Okay, So all the kids would gather there and school administration couldn't do anything about it. So security would stand there on the other side of the bump and they would smoke with the kids, but the kids would be on the other side of the bump, so they weren't on school property.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, that's super interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So whatever I was there, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I remember the first time I ever smoked cigarette, because I'll admitted I smoked cigarette plural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 1: First time I ever did my cousin Felipo was visiting from Italy and he smoked Marlboro Reds. And if you know anything, Marlboro Reds are like the in deep ones.
Speaker 2: No, there's deeper like. But go ahead, finish your story and then we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: Well, he offered me my first cigarette, and I had it, so thanks, Felipo, really appreciate it. Do you want to know what my first one was? What?
Speaker 2: And this is absolutely disgusting. Yeah, So my friend Jason and I we were walking for whatever reason. We walked like three four miles from my house to some farm and then back. I don't remember the logistics of it, but I just remember walking through this big, big vacant property that was all grass and whatever, and we found a half smoked cigarette like a hobo on the ground. Oh no, and we lit it and we both smoked it. Oh that's gross, and it was disgusting. That is nasty, so horrendous. Yeah, but that was that was the first time.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like kids don't smoke cigarettes now, No, they vape, yeah, which is so lame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they vape in the bathroom and then they get in trouble because they have those new sensors.
Speaker 1: Smoking in general, it's just gross. Agree, don't do it.
Speaker 2: No, it actually it physically makes me nauseous now, Like yeah, up until probably I don't know, nineteen ninety seven or eight, when we used to do club gigs with the radio station, you know, like you could smoke inside back then that's crazy. And so when I would be working doing a club gig, you know, we'd all be smoking whatever. But a few years after that it made me sick, not like nauseous sick, but I would get a cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And after two or three times that, I was like, wait a minute, is that because of the cigarettes? And it was, and so then it just made me nauseous. After that, I can't even think about it because it makes me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, like you said, there's certain things that you can smoke nowadays that are legal, but I think in moderation, however, cigarettes always a no. And vaping on top of that, I have to say, I don't understand what the appeal is. You're basically just killing yourself with like fruity like nicotine. Well, that's just what the kids do, that's the new thing. Andrew, do they bring like does Cooper School have them? Are kids that young smoking them?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, I really really in middle school unless I'm an oblivious middle aged man. I mean, I just I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, at least I'm sure Ashley in high school they're probably I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm sure there's no doubt about it. But I remember in middle school, in eighth grade, two girls got caught smoking cigarettes and it was like the crime of the century.
Speaker 1: I'm just pictured like a Family Matters episode or like one of those old eighties special Yeah. No, totally, Becky's smoking cigarettes. Let's call her mother. Oh no, my Becky cann't.
Speaker 2: But so I used to work in a store in the even dime. Remember I told you about that story. Was that here with the credit card reader?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, what are you doing. I'm just you know, looking at my sound effects, getting a sound effect? Ready? Yeah here? Okay, great.
Speaker 2: So I used to be in charge of ordering cigarettes and candy like that was my job at thirteen years old.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have mentioned that one to me, right, Well, I talked.
Speaker 2: About all the crazy candy that I used to order. But I used to order like whacked out cigarettes that nobody would ever smoke, just because I thought it was cool. I don't know, cool being one of them with a K. There was so, I mean.
Speaker 1: There were He's the one with the camel. Huh the camel, No, that was Camel's Joe Camel. Yeah, Joe Camel was camel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just forget I said that that's cool with the K was the menthol one I do remember, but yeah, but no, So there was this old man he reminded me of the Gorton's fishermen. Used to come in every Friday and he would buy a carton of Chesterfield no filter. Oh and there were only a few brands back then that still made no filters. It was Camel and pall Mall and Chesterfield and those are the ones that we had. But yeah, it's just I don't know. It was az and plus they were like a dollar fifty of pack back then, so they were very readily available. And we didn't idea anybody because I didn't even think there was an age then. Yeah, it probably was eighteen, but nobody asked whatever. I don't care, No one cared.
Speaker 1: In the eighties. It was the eighties. It was the late eighties. It was like early eight after they changed the drinking age, which that unfortunately screwed you over.
Speaker 2: No, dude, that was way before my time. Dude, I'm not that old.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying the drinking age switch screwed you over, because what you turned twenty one in nineteen ninety No, nineteen ninety one, No, dude, No, I was in high school until ninety three. Yes, it's so strange. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I turned twenty one at the radio station and it was the worst twenty first birthday ever in the history of life. Why I cried driving home, Oh boy, I did, because back then that was that would have been ninety six, ninety six, August of ninety six, and I was working on the night show and then there was this show called Love Phones on, although I think that was canceled by them. Whatever it was, I worked till midnight and I turned twenty one at midnight and I just wanted to go to a bar and just use my ID to buy a beer. And nobody was around, nobody wanted to hang out. And the station was in Jersey and I lived on Long Island, and I was like, God, damn it, this sucks. And I just drove home and I literally cried. I'm like, this is so sad. This is my life. I have this cool job, and you know, I know all these cool people, but nobody wants to hang out right now because everybody hates Long Island because they all live in New Jersey. And I just drove home by myself, like I wanted to like go get a beer by myself, but then I was like, oh no, I might get a DWI.
Speaker 1: So I didn't do that, and I don't have one beer. I didn't know. I was, you know, lightweight.
Speaker 2: I still am, but back then I was probably even lighter. Were you drunk after we had the Cinnamento's crunch beer?
Speaker 1: No, if I would.
Speaker 2: If I would have finished the entire one and started a second one, I would not have driven home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like when we go out to dinner, we'll go to dinner with the kid. Go ahead, hit the button, dude.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to share twenty first birthday.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, it was very sad. But we'll go out for dinner. We'll go to like CPK or something, and Amy, I'll get a prosecco and I'll get a bud Light.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Cooper's like, you're drunk, and like, no, First of all, I'm not gonna get drunk off one beer that I had before dinner.
Speaker 1: And a white beer at that. Okay, I mean bud Like, you need to drink at least like three or four of those. Me, No, two and two and a sip. I always know when you're drunk because your cheeks get really red. Like, now it's hot in here. Have you been day drinking? No, but it's just hot. It's hot in here. No, it's really not. There's like a fan right above me. I'm cold.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, Andrew, we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: Oh good, good thing. You said.
Speaker 2: That's guy and we're back. Yes, we're back. Wow, that was cool and that actually worked last week. Yeah it did. I told you yeah, because the other the other serial killers that we did, it was like, all right, uh, you know, well, I'm gonna give the new Coco puffs. And then some random commercial came on.
Speaker 1: I heard one the other day. I forget what it was for. I think holiday sales. Well, your ads are again, we don't pick the ads. Speaker does it for us.
Speaker 2: That's why we should put some kind of disclaimer that we don't endorse.
Speaker 1: Well, there's the disclaimer.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't endorse whatever commercials may or may have no idea before, during, and after the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just put him in for us. Look, you might hear one for a GMC truck, or you might hear one about uh one in Spanish about j C Pennies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, j C pennee Penny. We did this, Penny, it's just more singular.
Speaker 1: J C. Penny, Penny Pennies Penny. Yeah, you're right, j C. Penny. Right, Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, if you don't want to get the vaccine, I don't care. Don't blame us for the commercial that just ran. I mean I do care.
Speaker 1: I mean boosters are available if you want one. If you want one, I mean you should, but you don't have to. Yeah. Yeah, that's our disclaimer. You do what you want to do. Yeah, you do what you want to do. We just recommend maybe doing it. Just don't come around me. You can listen, just don't visit. Yeah. So wow, what else, Andrew? Do you put up Christmas lights? Lights? We just put up Oh sorry, holiday lights.
Speaker 2: They are they're christ I don't care. There's nothing, thank you very much, Andrew. There's nothing offensive. I don't care.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like I always say, like, okay, so full disclosure. You know, Amy grew up with Christmas and then didn't do Christmas for a little while and then missed Christmas, and so we have a tree in the house. I grew up Jewish hankah everything. I don't care. The tree doesn't mean I love Jesus. It's simply a sign of the holidays. So we have a blast decorating the tree, which we were supposed to do but we didn't do yet. We have to put all the ornaments up. But we have three Christmas trees in the I'm sorry, we have three holiday trees in the house.
Speaker 1: Now. I love it. And whatever.
Speaker 2: Our house is very festive and I don't care it looks cool.
Speaker 1: I love it. I like it.
Speaker 2: It's it's warm and homey and welcoming, and it's you know, makes the season bright.
Speaker 1: As you say, listen, I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. And my favorite thing that I you know, have conned my family into doing at this point is that the day after Thanksgiving is we set up everything. And it's gotten less and less in recent years. I used to take up bags and boxes of just stuff, and now it's condensed into maybe three boxes and the tree.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it was like pulling all that stuff out of the attic. That is not fun.
Speaker 1: Oh, we keep parts in the basement. The attic would terrify me because I don't like those small stairs. But you still have to drag it up the steps. Yeah, but the basement stairs are like actual stairs. We have like actual stairs, not like the rickety stairs that fold out.
Speaker 2: Hours are kind of wide. We just got a new thing, Okay.
Speaker 1: I also have to go on to this one too. What I wish that I lived in a house that had like an upstairs attic, like decorated you could live in. You know, in every single sitcom with food, always somebody that's like, ehhim up to my room and it's like they have the coolest upstairs attic bedroom. I always wanted an addic bedroom, kind.
Speaker 2: Of like in that episode of Happy Endings where that guy was living in the crawl space upstairs.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I gotta tell you. We love that show, thank You. We're going to bed when it's.
Speaker 1: Over, thank You and needs a fourth season.
Speaker 2: And Damon Wayne's junior Hello, just realized that that was him?
Speaker 1: Yes, and his dad shows up? Oh so good. I love that episode. Really is a cool show. Penny is my sister Jackie? Is she the one that you instagrammed? And she's gonna If I could get Casey Wilson on this show, I will. It would be amazing. As Casey Penny would say, I have to ask something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did she start that or was that out there before then she started it? She did, yes, because in uh, what's the other show that I'm watching? Is it in Kim's Convenience? Yeah, Shannon says a Mossing.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean, I'm sure it's like a phrase that people have used, but she said it in the show, and that's the first recollection. Did she say it first? I'm sure she did. Huh. I mean, we can look into the origins of amasing, but.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, but it's there, so whatever.
Speaker 1: But she's funny. I like her. Penny is my favorite. Penny is my sister. Like everything that she does, I'm always like, wow, that's to a t. Yeah. A Max is my favorite. Max is hysterical. It reminds me a lot of you.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, just his mannerisms and his maxisms.
Speaker 1: Yeah that yeah, yeah yeah. But I also like, I think I am also like the other one. Not that you're like boys, I'm just saying no. Brad, Yeah, I think Brad. He's my favorite. Also Penny and Brad. Also Jane, I think I do have hints of a Jane stake me home tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, I think nobody knows what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think you're Brad. You think I'm Brad one hundred percent you are, Okay. I think you're a mix of Brad and Jane. Okay, your brain. Jane's a weirdo. Yeah, she's also I think, very compulsive, and I think that you are too.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows what we're talking about now, so just check it out.
Speaker 1: On go check out Happy Endings. It's a great show. That's one of my favorite fourth season. It needs to come out. I'm gonna tweet them on January first, asking if it can come to a streaming network. When did it end twenty thirteen or fourteen? Oh, that's not coming back? Do you think that? Then? Look look at the X Files. That thing was canceled for like twenty years and then came back. I never saw an episode of that. I've seen the movies. It sounds like this. It does. Yes, yes it Hi.
Speaker 2: Rupert, how come on in, come on in? What do you got packages? Oh, Danielle, don't care about that one.
Speaker 1: Who's that one for? No packages? God? Sad?
Speaker 2: It's funny, you know, when we come back from vacation because we just I'm sorry, when we come back from not being here for a week. There's always a pile of packages in here, and it's exciting, and there weren't any this time. So I think that something fishy happened because there's always packages.
Speaker 1: That someone stole your packages. It sounds like you're heavily hinting at it. Our listeners send us stuff frequently. We get cereal, we get stuff and nothing. That doctor that sends stuff all the time, always two three, four packages a week, nothing nothing this week. Maybe there was like a delay.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Do you think maybe the mailman didn't bring it? Sorry, the letter care Oh okay, I see, please use the correct terms, letter carrier.
Speaker 1: We just ordered our holiday cards. Do you do that? We still do that?
Speaker 2: We still do paper holiday cards.
Speaker 1: I don't. I mean, I'm by myself.
Speaker 2: You're a young, single dude. You wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: But we've done it ever since. I don't know if it's ever since we had kids, or if we did it before.
Speaker 2: My memory is terrible. I need some previgen, even though they say it doesn't work. I'll eat jellyfish. You know whatever is previagent jellyfish that's what they say, derived from jellyfish.
Speaker 1: I feel like octopus is what they need to be using. No, octopus are so smart. So you just cut a piece of the tentacle and put it in a pill and it makes you No, I'm asking. I'm saying they should research that for memory things.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, why don't they just cut up elephants. Why would you cut up an elephant because apparently elephants have great memories.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, we can't do that. Those are endangered. Octopus are not, as far as I know, OCTOPI. Do you know octopus have beak? A beak? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, inside their little hole is a beak. I just remember them as the creepy crawlers that used to come in the cereal boxes. I know we can talk about cereal here.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's my podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think they were called creepy crawlers. They used to come inside the cereal as a prize and you would throw it at the window and it would slowly creep down. They look like an octopus. Is it octopuses or is it octopi?
Speaker 1: I think it's octopi.
Speaker 2: Is octopi a singular? An octopus is plural?
Speaker 1: You're asking the wrong person, I know. Let me tell you something they terrify me, not as much as dolphins. And I stand by that. Dolphins terrify me, like seriously, like.
Speaker 2: An octopus could kill you, and doll dolphin, No, they'll just love you to death.
Speaker 1: Okay, what that's what the dolphin propaganda machine wants you to believe. Don't they rape you? Yet? We can't say that this children are listening what they do diddling things? Okay, we can't say that because their kids in the car. Does there a little thing come out? I don't How does it work? Because you can look into it on YouTube, look up dolphin diddling. Because I gotta tell you my dog Sawyer, He'll just sit there at the back door like a doof with his ears back looking at you, and that red rocket is raging. Oh god. That's why I'm happy Jackie has Luna and it's a female dog because of feeling. If Luna were a male dog, he would get excited way too much and we'd be like, oh, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: If it actually means Luna. I'm not sure if it actually means they're excited on a on a dog. Yeah, it could mean different things. Maybe it's like I'm hungry here, I don't know, give me a bone.
Speaker 1: Well do you know what? Okay, not to go back to octopus really quick? Wait, you need that.
Speaker 2: You need a slide whistle, a sound that goes like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, done, next time, Next time, back to octopus. Do you know they shoot out one of their arms when they want to impregnate another octopus? They can literally detach their arm and send it wait to go and pregnate somebody.
Speaker 2: Is that would impregnate them or is it just sending it out saying hey baby, and it like nulls them in.
Speaker 1: It's like they have their octopus things.
Speaker 2: Okay, what if they missed? Do they have seven more?
Speaker 1: It grows back? Huh. That's why octopus are terrifying because we'll also fascinating because they can regrowth it.
Speaker 2: There used to be these little I don't know if there were chameleons or lizards or whatever they have. In Florida, I remember going to Micco's.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was the Get Go. I'm gonna say it was way before Guy Go.
Speaker 2: But so I would go to my grandparents' house in Tamarack, Florida. Tamarack, Tamarack, we used to call it Fort Lauderdale. Just for fun, because no one knew what tamarack was. It's it sounds better saying Fort Lauderdale. So anyway, so we would be at their house and they had this little screened and patio and they always had these little lizards in the house or whatever the hell they were, and my grandmother would step on them like they were spiders.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: She was like, get out, and she would step on them. And I remember one time the tail came off and the tail was still wiggling and moving and the other part ran away. And I think, I think that they regrow the tail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do, so, but what.
Speaker 2: Is that that mutant tail is just like still moving around.
Speaker 1: It'll like shrivel up and die.
Speaker 2: The tail, Yeah, how does it move though? It's not it's detached from the body that has little things. Yeah, why they still is that why they say chicken without his head? Yes, the thing still runs around.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's also like humans if they always say if you get like suddenly decapitated, the eyes will blink. So, yeah, can we talk about something else. Oh, I'm sorry you have a blood phobia. It's not even that. I just don't want to talk about this. You know, starfish are the same. What. Oh, yeah, they grow back things too, but starfish can sometimes grow too many and that terrifies me.
Speaker 2: Wait, isn't there also something in the sea that regrows because they take them and we eat them and it regrows. Hawk of Mike one is not like or is that you? Oh, we're supposed to do this. Skeary said that, so that way they don't echo.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, well whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean the last episode didn't echo. Okay, there is something in the sea that they take and we eat and they grow back. Right, they rip arms off of things or legs. There's some kind of sea creature. Is it a crab or a lobster or something?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know lobsters? I learned this coming in with the Hot Fects today. I learned lobster's malt. That means their shell comes off. No, it means they just hard. So they're saying like lobsters can live for a super long time because it just almost like molts. It just keeps adding on.
Speaker 2: But isn't molting when you because birds molt? What a bird moltz?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, not in the same way like I'm saying, the shell like it almost like adds on to it, so it just keeps getting thicker. Yes, until we eat it or not. Because a lot of older lobsters, you don't eat them. I'm not into lobster, believe it or not. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I like red lobster, but I'm not a lobster fan. If it's there, I'll have a bite. But I'm not ordering a lobster ever. Yeah no, no, I'm not going to a restaurant being like, you're fine, this a lobster.
Speaker 1: Please I want that one. Yeah. They do scream, right, yeah they do if they're in the tank and you just oh, I want that.
Speaker 2: I've never see I don't want to pick my own food. I could never go to like a ranch and go I'll have Bessie, you know, and then that's on the plate. Because if I if I knew the thing was running around and I saw it actually living, I would not be able to eat it.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Sorry, not going to be a vegetarian, but I can't eat something that I see living.
Speaker 1: Well. That happened to my mom when she was in Italy. So they went to the town, the Greek Italian town, and my mom was on the farm because we have farm over there and she's playing with these bunnies and she's like, oh, these are great. And one of the relatives came over to her and was like you like this one and my mom was like yeah. And then for dinner they were like there it is. That's the bunny and my mom was like what. Yeah, no, I can't do that. You killed it.
Speaker 2: Cannot Yeah, that's why, Like I wouldn't even be able to pick up my own Thanksgiving turkey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd feel bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't do that. I even feel bad when there's like dead animals on the side of the road. That's like, yeah, I mean unless they're deer.
Speaker 1: I despise deer, but you still shouldn't want to see them dead on the road. No, No, I mean I feel bad for the cars more than I do the deer.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so well. You know what, I don't live in deer country.
Speaker 1: We have so many deer where we're from, and it's to the point where it's like you slow down, and yet one will still come out of nowhere and be like, oh so your core, Yes it's the car you ran right into it.
Speaker 2: Well, people will argue that we took over their land and you know they were here first and all this kind of whatever, but you know what, learn how to cross the street. Yeah, they should be more courteous. Seriously, it should be like Utopia. I mean, if there's a deer crossing sign, I mean, just I don't know, go slow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say something, but I think that that someone else's joke, so I don't want to use it and making people think it's mine, like on the deer cross or the deer crossing sign, so something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh that that was a good one, Scott, Oh, don't do that. Oh sorry, No, Look, everyone's laughing. Okay. I love having a studio audience. Now, okay, thanks guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, we're almost at fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: What else? Stop, it's not my fault. The crowd's laughing. Okay, can't you see him? Sure? What else? Buddy? What else you gotta talk about? One? Sending topics? U? No, no one sent. I think people just like listen to us.
Speaker 2: Freestat Should we read one of the reviews that came in?
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be nice. I don't have the review thing though. What's the review thing? There's a review jingle? There is serial killer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is not serious, is not serial.
Speaker 1: Kill Technically as a show, we are both the serial killers. What oh what do you playing? Commercials? Are playing that stupid co commercial? Aha?
Speaker 2: That commercial? I love Aha the drink. It's like celter. All those selters are so good. Yeah, but I the commercial is so dumb.
Speaker 1: Know what? The best seltzers are nixy n I x I E. If you find those seltzers, buy them. I wish they would sponsor this podcast. I would talk about them in glowing reviews all the time. They have caffeinated ones that are so good. My favorite is the watermelon mint. You know, it's also really good.
Speaker 2: Spin Drift makes a good one, and they make an iced tea Seltzer, which I think is interesting.
Speaker 1: Waterloo Seltzer, the grape one. God, I love the Waterloo Grape I can't find it, Andrew, I just see all the episodes. I do you want me to just do it? No? I can just do it. Oh, here it is, It's okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I got it. Okay, Boomer, I found it. Youre ready?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, this one's about cereal though, I don't want to read the cereal ones, he says. I don't eat cereal but simply one of the best podcasts around. I don't eat much cereal, but I love hearing your reviews at each one. The banter between you guys, it's hilarious and I can't get enough of it. Bowl Chat was a great addition.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Look forward to it ever week and you keep me laughing the whole time. Five balls all around clink see, oh we just ended the show.
Speaker 1: Bye. Nope.
Speaker 2: I love Serial Killers and bowl Chat. I love how you guys get along. I love how silly y'all are. Just now listening to the dinner Party episode of boll Chat, I cannot stop laughing. I'm going to listen over and over again.
Speaker 1: Keep it up. Love you both. Thank you, m thank you Old Yard. Yeah, you're the best. Oh it's so nice.
Speaker 2: Love boll Chat. I'm not quite sure why I love bull Chats so much. It's probably because Scotty reminds me of my sixty five year old mother.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I love that. Thank you. Who has hoarder tendencies? Yes? Does it still thinks that expiration dates are just excuses for people to throw out food and spend more money at grocery stores.
Speaker 2: Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. You literally can't make that crap up. Andrew is like all of us millennials, just trying to make sense of it all. Strum the content, keep up the good work. Well, thank you, Irish fan eighty four.
Speaker 1: That was so nice. How does it feel being called the sixty five year old mother whatever? You're so hip? Though? All right? Can we can we? I guess we can go right? Well should we do? A? Hey, guys, that's another episode of belt chet? Thanks for stabbing by? Wait?
Speaker 2: I hate what people say in the books like I hate that, like they'll big up another season in the books.
Speaker 1: No, not right a, noother belt chat in the books? No? What books? All right? Now the belt chat in the books? Stop? There's no books, all right? And then the belchick?
Speaker 2: Did you write it down? It's not in a book. You didn't, it's not it's not in the book.
Speaker 1: I hate that. It drives me nuts in the books? No, what does it mean?
Speaker 2: Even another chapter is closed? I mean, why do people say in the books it.
Speaker 1: Drives me nuts? You again, let's let's go full circle. Yeah, I thank god that you work here because it really has kept you young and hip. That's what. Yes, it has.
Speaker 2: People don't say in the books anymore.
Speaker 1: Nobody says in the books, and nobody mails and packag juice.
Speaker 2: Oh sick of these young whipper snappers. You absolutely can mail a package. If you do it through the post office.
Speaker 1: You have to throw it through the post office. There's there's rules for a reason. No, don't worry. We'll get you your beans and uh your corn beef for dinner soon. Sport. Is that an old band food? I don't understand. No, it isn't. Yeah, you should have said like prunes or something. Actually I don't mind prunes. Of course you don't, because you're old. Yeah I'm old. Actually. Yeah. When I heard that little kid say nineteen sixty eight was old, I did, for a second, like briefly look back and say to myself, Oh god, I am getting old. What time is it? Oh it's eleven No, don't say what don't say for reish because unless they're listening at that time, it won't make sense. It's not eleven ish. Yeah. Oh, they wanted us to do an asmr oh damn it? All right, how could we do this one? We can eat the bread again? Yeah, maybe you should cut it like close and then we'll it won't make a sound. Oh can I see the can? We should tap the can. Oh wait, I have some nuts. Okay, yeah, well it's time for some ASMR. Guys highly requested. Here we go again. Should we do this because one is yeah, no, no, we shouldn't do that. No one. I have almonds. Oh I love almonds. Hold on, I gotta get up. Okay, I might as well get the bowl wall up. We can get out of here. Oh wow, someone's a little grumpy pants today. Oh you're just throwing things and now the chair is in the view. This old old man, I'm a jerk. Yeah. Okay, Well we're gonna do some ASMR for you guys. By the way, Yeah, don't have a gift for your significant other yet. Check out serial Killers. Oh yeah, you're right. Let's quickly do a quick little Plugarouski four ur wx Kevin candles. Did you just say plugarooski? Yeah? No, just go buy.
Speaker 2: Can it's the old Pluggaroni. Just go buy candle because they're cool and they smell good.
Speaker 1: It's the old plugaroos Serial killerspc dot com use code serial killer? Is it? Checkout save ten percent and make sure oh yeah, you said that. Okay, cool cool, cool cool cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, there was one thing from Happy Endings, because you say, you say a lot of stuff from there. Yes, and we found the first one. Which one.
Speaker 1: You go, oh, that's what Brad does? Yeah he does. Yeah, okay, okay, hold on, we gotta get them the almonds, all right, So how are we gonna eat these in your mouth? Oh my god, I knew that. Just take two? All right. So this is really stupid. But people requested as Mr again, what does stand for? I don't know. Oh, oh, oh, yours is so much crunch here it is. I gotta have a bad one. I'm not gonna lie. I'll try this one. Oh oh, that's got a nice crunch. Yeah, let me do my last helmit. Oh that was a good one. I'm okay with the crunchy thing. But like the lip smacking sound. I don't like that at all. I don't either. Oh, your dick of cash cash, that a nice crunch. I'm gonna try my cash you now, are you ready? Mm hmm? Okay? Like are people getting wood right now? I don't understand? Like why who don't you remember I found out this conspiracy theory about them. What I it is a really whole You don't listen to what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. Yeah, you know, I don't have my preverging.
Speaker 1: That's true. You don't have your jelly fish oil or whatever it is. No, people, there's like a whole subset. No, No, that was dirty counters. What the dirty counter videos that you see where people put like tons of food. Oh that's stupid. That's like a weird fetish, and so is ASMR.
Speaker 2: It's a fetish of some idiots spreading raggou on a table.
Speaker 1: Yes, why, it's a messy food fetish. Look it up.
Speaker 2: I know that people like crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's one of them.
Speaker 2: They're getting the rocks off to saw some counter. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't either, But you know what, different strokes for different folks.
Speaker 2: Now the world don't move, like, why don't you have that in there?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean, now I will. Do you have Do you have a drum beat? I don't, but I'll put one in through them. Oh wait, just one drum. That's just one drum today. You know Cooper, she was at the old cider Mill last weekend and she conned her friend's dad into buying honeycomb, not the cereal, but you know, because she sees it on TikTok ASMR, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So she took it out. She's like, we're gonna asmr, you know. And then she was like, because it's all it's waxy. Yes, it's very white.
Speaker 1: Like it's almost like the wax bottle candies.
Speaker 2: Yes, the car would have the juice intuf. Kids think it makes like a nice crunch down, but no it doesn't. It's gross and it's good. I love honey, It's delicious. You like to eat the wax po I.
Speaker 1: Love the honeycomb. I could eat that by itself.
Speaker 2: I'll bring it in for you. You can have it because one of my favorite We don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 1: Our friend has a I guess not a bee farm but whatever they call him with the bee hive hive, and we would harvest the honey and they would sometimes give us the fresh comb and it's so good to eat.
Speaker 2: I let her stick my finger in there. I just ticked the honey right.
Speaker 1: Off, you know, like Winnie the Pooh. Yeah in a pot. Yeah, I like that. I love honey. Yeah. Same.
Speaker 2: There are times when my throat won't be a little scratchy, and I'll just drink right from the bear.
Speaker 1: Oh god, just like the cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I turned the bear right upside down and just squeeze it into my mouth. Write down the old hatch, right down the old hatches like I like honey. Yeah, same, I'm a fan. If you go to McDonald's you can get just honey packets. It's a little dipping cup.
Speaker 1: I've seen that. And you can get your chicken ugget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Becase Cooper likes the chicken McNuggets and the honey, and I'll just get them and drink them.
Speaker 1: I love honey. Can you dray me home today? I don't think so. Damn it? All right? What if I bought you some nice.
Speaker 2: Oh would you buy me burger king? Yeah, they have the chicken parm sandwich. It's back great. What's the matter with that?
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds good. Two for five? You can have one. No, I'm busy.
Speaker 2: It's kind of stupid. You get one for four ninety nine and two for five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not smart.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not smart as a consumer, as a company short because you push more stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the other thing I want to quickly mention, I'm sorry. I know we're running overboard on this one.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love that the Burger King logo has reverted back to the Lody logo.
Speaker 1: Love it. My favorite. One thing I will say I don't like is how all these restaurants are now doing rewards programs. Why do you not like it? I just think it's like encouraging to eat bad food. I get free fries all the time, That's what I'm saying. It's not good. It's only gonna lead for like people to just eat more. But if you're gonna get fries anyway and now they're free, why not. Yes, just I feel like it's encouraging bad food habits, like, oh, I should go to McDonald's because I have a free large fry I need to spend. Hey, do you think doing a sugar cereal podcast is not encouraging people to eat poorly? Well? You know that behind us. That's why we have things like Morning Crisp and other granolas.
Speaker 2: There's no cereal behind us that's any good for you. Yeah really yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The keto ones that we throw up.
Speaker 2: Right, So, the worst disgusting cereals are the only ones that are kind of okay for you, and we don't like them.
Speaker 1: My chair fell okay, Oh god, dude, would you please? No, I'm really serious right now, so just push.
Speaker 2: The thing and come back up. No, but it fell, all right, I think it's time to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on? Uh.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to this episode of bowl Chat, the sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's the podcast that started at all where we talk about cereal and we think inside the.
Speaker 1: Box, and this is the one that we just talk about things. So thank you for listening to us talk about things.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what another cool Holidy gift would be?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Serial Killers t shirt? Still a few left in the shop serial killerspc dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, we just sold one. And I promised I would say hi? Okay, can can I just say hi real quick?
Speaker 1: I want to play this one sound effect that I also added, go ahead, that's like from nineteen eighty nine. I love it. It's Nelson. I know who it is.
Speaker 2: Lisa in Comac Long Island. Thank you for purchasing a medium serial Killers T shirt? Yay, medium, thank you. I wonder if it's a gift for somebody and I just ruined it. Yeah, but there's lots of There are a lot of Lisa's in Comak. Well, trust me, twenty twenty two, we're gonna do more merch. The people would want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we should.
Speaker 2: Have had like Christmas ornaments, agreed, because I saw those freakin' Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Boys and Carla Mariray and Anthony. Yeah, Carla Marie, that Carla, Yeah, seriously, that old Carla. She has vibrators. Yeah that Yeah, she's like the Carla vibrator. Yeah, that's so messed up. Well, you know what, I guess maybe.
Speaker 2: We could make like the Andrew and Scotti flashlight. Oh boy, all right, and with that said, oh not that just hit the thing.
Speaker 1: That's another bullshat in the books for you guys. Yeah, thank you so much for listening. We talked about a lot of fun stuff today, don't you think so? Scat I do. We appreciate you. Please follow us on all social platforms serial Killers PC on your ig are, your Twitter, you are following us on the socials at serial Killers PC, and make sure you also go to serial KILLERSPC dot com to go check out our past serial ratings and you can go pick up one of these cool wax cabin Candles or Serial Killers t shirt for a limited time only. Yeah, this is a really long one. This could be a record.
Speaker 2: What is it before you turn the music off and look back at the screen, what does it say?
Speaker 1: Wow? We're over an hour. Wow, it's our first hour long episode. Are you sure? Yes? Okay, We've never done an hour long episode. Also, we're getting the spoonies ready, so be prepared, folks. Wait, what are the spoonies? Andrew?
Speaker 2: I don't know because I'm not listening for Cereal right now? What's a spoony?
Speaker 1: Well on our serial podcast that you can listen to every Monday, we're doing our award show. We had to take off last year because of COVID. You know, the theaters were closed. We were trying to get the staples sorry, the Crypto dot com arena and you know it just was closed because of COVID. But it's our Serial Award show where we're gonna award the best serial, the worst serial, the listener's choice, all these fun categories. The nominees are coming soon. Damn it.
Speaker 2: I just lost a sneeze. That is the worst feeling ever. Yeah, it was coming, and then you wouldn't shut up so I lost it.
Speaker 1: You shit it.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Andrew, we'll have it. Well, enjoy the rest of your week, because yes, we'll see you on Monday with an all new serial Killers. Then another one of these stupid bull chats on wend.
Speaker 1: These stupid bull chats where I could talk for an hour, but I'm gonna poopooh on it because I'm sket all right.
Speaker 2: Take care, we gotta go. Say clink Andrew, clink clink Yay. Now let's see if it recorded, it better have I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: I would be so mad at you.
Speaker 2: Remember the one that we did with the honey and the bees under my steps and it never recorded and I would not replicate it.
Speaker 1: Remember hook by fingers us by yo hmm okay,