Speaker 1: The NBA Playoffs. They're here and it's already in a while. All the high stakes drama, the buzzer beaters, the Big Donks, and Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, is giving you a chance to boost your winnings with an NBA profit boost every single game. You just download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boost for every NBA Playoff game only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wyre tex op and wy that's for six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Help was available for problem gambling Call eighty eight eight seven nine seventy seven seventy seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boo Hill Casino in Resort, Kansas, Twitter one plus age and eligibility varias by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boost per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum betlimits vary see terms at Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash promoss.
Speaker 1: A podcast twenty stuck.
Speaker 3: And they yet fun.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you expect it's a podcast? Whistle blow that whistle? So the Cowboys are playing Eagles Week one. They did release all the schedules. Did you look at the Cowboys? I can give you a su yet, it's been out for days.
Speaker 3: I just haven't looked at it. I was really caught up on the ol Eagles first game. That's gonna be awesome, and then I saw who we're playing. I'm not looked at the schedule yet.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys will visit the Eagles to kick off the season on Thursday night. On Friday night, the Kansaity Chiefs will take on the Chargers in Brazil. Sounds miserable because those fields are always built for soccer, not built for football. So the fields end up the turf just demolished and like players randomly getting hurt. Correct because they're not going to build the field perfectly to specs for a game, and for the most part they think a soccer field of work. These guys are running, they're pivoting, they're the cleats are going. The fields are never good like Mexico. They're never good. Europe, They're never good.
Speaker 3: You ever seen soccer players slide after they score a goal, like that's different kind of grass, Like football players aren't supposed to slide like that.
Speaker 1: Week four in Dublin the Vikings and Steelers. Week five in London the Vikings and Browns. Poor Vikings, They're just no man.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be European for every week.
Speaker 1: Staying in Europe. That sucks because the hotel rooms are smaller. Everything is smaller, always that right, Oh yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: London will be the site for the Broncos and Jets in week six. The good thing is we get to wake up and there's a game on early. That's kind of fun, although after about three weeks of it you get tired. It's fun for a couple of weeks. I don't like it. Every week.
Speaker 3: What happens to me is I forget that and then I wake up like at eight, like, oh, oh my gosh, I haven't missed part of the game.
Speaker 1: The third game in London will see the Rams and the Jags. Week ten's in Berlin, Germany, Falcons and Colts. Eleven's in Madrid, Spain. Wow, that's the first Commanders and Dolphins Week thirteen. The Cowboys Thanksgiving game November twenty seventh will be against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: See this hurt me a little bit because I feel like they're slowly inching the Chiefs into Thanksgiving. And I don't know if they would change tradition like that, but the Cowboys have always been the Thanksgiving team, right, especially the later game. The Lions always played the noon game. Cowboys play the later game. I feel like this is slowly inching the Chiefs into Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs are also playing on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: See this is what I'm talking about. I don't like this.
Speaker 1: I think the Chiefs are just Patrick Mahomes, Nanny Reid and so they I don't think there's any conspiracy to move them into Thanksgiving. I think it's just get them on the biggest games possible because they have the biggest name possible in football.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, like first year we don't make the playoffs. Cowboys are are they really?
Speaker 1: Because they sucked forever and never got moved. The Lions have mostly always sucked and never got moved.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: So I think the Cowboys and Lions remain, But you know, you want to get the teams on that people know the most, and by the people that don't watch the most football would be people that have to watch football on Christmas Thanksgiving. So give them the people they've heard of.
Speaker 3: That would be a great Thanksgiving game.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys week one, Eagles Week two, Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, win both. That's two and O. Man, not bad, not a bad start.
Speaker 1: Got no way the Bears week three.
Speaker 3: I mean the Bear is supposed to be good.
Speaker 1: Packers week four? Did you ask or tell? I was asking a new coach, Ben Johnson's said a lot of coach hype going on over there, just because I got the yeah, I mean nude coach's it. I mean he was great in Detroit. They fired eber Flus. Cowboys and Packers, Cowboys and Jets, Cowboys and Panthers.
Speaker 3: I love that stretch.
Speaker 1: Cowboys and Commanders, then the Broncos and the Cardinals, then the Raiders, then the Eagles again, Cheaps, Lions, Vikings, Chargers, Commanders, Giants.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is good. It's down the middle schedule, it's down the middle. It sounds like we'll make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't do that. What do you mean, it doesn't sound like that.
Speaker 3: That's stretch in the middle with Carolina and the Packers and then the Raiders somewhere in there. I think we can do that.
Speaker 1: There's a story. Over the past three seasons, Sean Ryan's played on the offensive line for the Packers, and so he played one one hundred and forty four of the team's over thirty two hundred snaps, which puts him at thirty four point nine percent of snaps played. Now again he's played I'm gonna say the number specifically.
Speaker 3: I saw this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this hurts. He played one one hundred and forty four of the team's three thousand, two hundred and seventy two offensive snaps, which puts him at thirty four point ninety six. Had he played just two more snaps, he would have hit the thirty five percent mark and it had been two million more dollars.
Speaker 3: Is this just bad luck?
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's two snaps. It's absolutely bad luck.
Speaker 3: They couldn't rooty him and just throw a couple.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, my god, if you're doing what Jerry Jones did to uh the Cowboys. So Dak goes down, Yeah, and Cooper mister backup savior Cooper Rush comes a rush. They did pull him for Trey Lance because Cooper was about to hit. They said they just wanted to see if Trey.
Speaker 3: Lance that I'm with you, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you know that if they passed the certain mark, you're gonna owe them money, why not just pull them out or just not? Hey, just run the ball, man, run the ball. This guy, Hey, no snaps, let's go. Let's just no snaps.
Speaker 1: Two snaps. That's really bad luck, because if they knew we're trying, they probably would have it had been more than two snaps, they would have made sure it wouldn't have been that close.
Speaker 3: Question answer, Do you think that these teams have a college recent college grad an intern to keep track of all these bonuses?
Speaker 1: I do think that there's probably someone in analytics, but you can also put it in like an AI version or it constantly tells.
Speaker 3: You you don't need a kid to do it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but my point is, I don't think they'd waited two snaps that they were going to do. It's that's too close.
Speaker 3: That's really close.
Speaker 1: That's evil villain, that's Gargamel type stuff, you know, just torture in the Smurfs.
Speaker 3: How much money?
Speaker 1: Two million? Oh a million bucks?
Speaker 3: He could smell the two million dollars.
Speaker 1: P Rose and Shoeless Joe reinstated by Major League Baseballs, so they now can get in the Hall of Fame, and they both should probably get in the Hall of Fame. So Shoeless Joe first part of the Black Sox scandal where it turns out the White Sox cheated through the World Series.
Speaker 3: There was no doubt that they they cheated. And then where they took money, there was no doubt that they took money. Yeah, no proof that they cheated.
Speaker 1: Well, they played really terrible, except for Shoeless Show, who played really well. There was no record of him actually taking money, but there wasn't record to him not taking money.
Speaker 3: But he didn't think they all admitted that they took money.
Speaker 1: He did play out of his mind. He didn't, man, he took money. I don't think they didn't.
Speaker 3: I think they all didn't in trial. Hey, I remember, like it was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The movies, and I'm trying to pull from two which is sad which movie because there's eight men out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Man, did I need to look, I'm gonna ask, did Shoela's Joe take Wait?
Speaker 3: Who you asking money? Kevin Costner?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hit him up, Hey, Costny, you met shoeless Joe. Okay. So he was accused of taking five thousand dollars in cash and had admitted to taking it in the nineteen nineteen World Series scandal Boom. He admitted to receiving five thousand dollars, but he did not play according to their directive.
Speaker 3: Correct, and he had like a bunch of hits, like you said, play out of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did take the money though. So he did gamble and they did lose. I get it. P Rose gamble. You can't bet on baseball. He didn't bet his own team, he said, he did not, But you can't. You can't bet on baseball. You can't bet on baseball if you're playing baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the rule is very strict these days, and no gambling whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yes, they also were given lifetime bands. Their life is up. Did they play well enough as players? Because pet Rose when he bet on baseball, was a manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was already a manager. He was awesome.
Speaker 1: Did they ever get but did he ever get caught betting as a player, I don't think so, yeah, put on both then, and he's they're both dead obviously. Well, yeah, Shoe has just been dead.
Speaker 3: He's been dead for a while. But but Pete Rose died just recently.
Speaker 1: Uh so yeah they should get in as being players.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: And also, even if it were today and you were betting as a manager, yeah you're done. You can't do that, even it was gambling allowed. Yeah, you can't do that, dude.
Speaker 3: How cool is it to have a nickname like shoeless Joe Jackson?
Speaker 1: I guess it depends on the nickname. I didn't love. T Bone explained I got a boner in seventh grade. They said, did you No, I did not, But my shorts ripped open. It wasn't like a boner ripped my shorts open. If so, that had have been an awesome nickname to have, because that's a powerful boner.
Speaker 3: This story is in your book, right, Yeah, I remember reading.
Speaker 1: That, and so my shorts ripped open. So there it was out, and then the story turned into as I was wrestling another dude, so then I turned into t Bone and I hated it. So yeah, no, i'd really been shootless was chootless. Bobby was t bone like throughout your whole until I got to a high school. No way, it sucked.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It sucked because it was My nickname was that of a kid who was wrestling in all season football who got a bone rob or another kid.
Speaker 3: Played, which you say did not happen.
Speaker 1: No, it definitely didn't happen because my shorts ripped open. And had it happened, because let me present this perspective, had I got had I been aroused, and it ripped my shorts open, I'd have been proud of that. That's pretty powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I've never in my life seen that happen on anyone, that it ripped cloth, unless you're incredible Hulk. It's the the thing was just wanted out and then so much so that it ripped open. The shorts got like that's something to be proud. That's cool.
Speaker 3: That's a good nickname.
Speaker 1: So what I thought it called me hulk that it worked too, But they did it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's a terrible nickname.
Speaker 1: Yeah's terrible. So it has nothing to do with bones. Is the irony of it, I know.
Speaker 3: And now you're Bobby Bones, and there's crazy.
Speaker 1: The irony of it. But yeah, shoeless, not so bad, shoeless. Joe Jackson, Keybone sucked. It looks like NFL and Netflix are gonna do another series called The Home Team. So they did Quarterback, they did a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's home Team?
Speaker 1: Home Team? The New York Jets, a six part documentary series that follows six New York Jets players throughout the twenty four to twenty five regular season.
Speaker 3: Do they say who the players are? Sauce Gardner, Well.
Speaker 1: They already had twenty four to twenty five, so I'm sure. Yeah, no, it doesn't. That's kind of it's fun, so it's already followed them. But this is people all got fired that year because they lost their coach and their GM. Oh so this is something they've already shot twenty four to twenty five.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's happened. But it doesn't say who they focused on. Like watch that, Like Aaron Rodgers was a part of this, Yeah, I'd watch that. Yeah, I'll watch it too. I didn't really love Quarterback. I loved Quarterback. I loved thought it was fine.
Speaker 3: I learned a lot about Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: What's the only thing I took from it was Kirk Cousins, a pretty nice.
Speaker 3: Guy, pretty nice dude. Yeah, a normal dude.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fine. I didn't love quarterback. Did you watch Receiver a third of one episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't, But I didn't love quarterbacks, So I'm not gonna love receiver because I would rather watch quarterbacks and receivers. And if I thought that was fine, I'm not gonna Why.
Speaker 3: Did the pain that Kirk Cousins would go through during the season, Like this is stuff like that I'd never even thought of.
Speaker 1: I played golf yesterday with Michael Chandler.
Speaker 3: Mma, he was on your team.
Speaker 1: Ufc uh. He was in a group that I was in. I was the celebrity and he was in a group. So I'm just gonna celebrity in his group. He's more famous than I am, and I'm the celebrity in his group.
Speaker 3: So he paid to play with you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he paid or not.
Speaker 3: He like he's a big fan of yours.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't know what celebrity they were getting, okay, Because and I made this joke in my last special. The whole setup was people are paying for celebrities and there are major celebrities there. I won't relive the joke, but I was on the driving ram for Nick Saban amazing. It's pretty cool and I'm pretty jaded.
Speaker 3: And that's the scene. How many people on the driving range?
Speaker 1: Oh, it was driving round just pretty full. But everybody's in golf clothes, so you really can't tell who's who. Because other people that were there that I later talked to were Drew Brees was there. He came up to me. Drew did yeah, really nice, you guys have med I met him a couple of years ago and then we did the interview with him also at Super Bowl. Yeah, so he came up. Cole McCoy came up to me too. Those are the two people that came up to me to say hi, which was super nice of them. There were also people there like Shay from Dan and Shaye Thomas Rhett, Like I know those guys. If we just see them, we talk ernest. But I went up because we took a big picture together and talked to Penny Hardaway, who's also the coach at Memphis. How tall sixty seven probably six seven six eight.
Speaker 3: But like tit your eyeball, Like, wow, this dude's tall. Or why is it taller than average? I guess I knew who it.
Speaker 1: Was, so my expectation was really tall, and he was really tall. So there's a picture of us together happened on my story. But yeah, he's six seven, Yeah, pretty tall. Yeah he's tall. But Sabin and I were hitting balls next to each other, and.
Speaker 3: So you knew that.
Speaker 1: You could tell because he's wearing the Nick Saban I don't know style that hat is, but it's like a big hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the whatever garden hat. Yeah, whatever that is.
Speaker 1: It was no doubt Nick Saban from one hundred feet away, where everybody else was kind of a doubt. Like Ben Roethlisberger, you would have known who he was, except he was a pretty big dude just with a ball cap on hitting balls. So Nick Saban, you knew. So we were hitting balls, and he's hitting pretty good. He's seventy something years old, and he wasn't like crotchety or anything.
Speaker 3: Smooth swing.
Speaker 1: Yes, my swing's not smooth, so I don't really not monitoring anybody else's. We were walking away and else it was like, hey, that's the wrong a or something like that. You told him, though he told me that oh he told you something like that because it came out. Our bags were also near each other. And then everybody was together for a picture, all the quote unquote celebrities, and as we were walking away, somebody else said something and then a camera guy comes up and goes, he let me get a picture of you guys. I was like, thank god. I didn't want to ask, and so he took a picture of us together.
Speaker 3: That's my scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on my Instagram. It was awesome. He was nice. He wasn't like fake nice. He wasn't mean, but he was like normal. I would say that he was normal, just like he were out there with a bunch of dudes, just talked and said what's up, and that was it.
Speaker 3: I feel like he just walks slowly.
Speaker 1: He does walk kind of slow, like a seventy year old, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just kind of like there's no hurry to get anywhere.
Speaker 1: Played with Michael Chandler and he had glasses on that were ho how was his face? I didn't know it was him at first. All I saw was this dude. Now, Michael Chandler is the opposite of Penny Hardaway short. Yeah, he's probably five to seven.
Speaker 3: Most UFC fighters short short, short people.
Speaker 1: Is a ball muscle. And I said, what what did you had to play something in sports? Like what did you play? Because I know it was him. He had a hat down because he the last fight when he fought Patty the Baddie, which he lost that fight. But that was like three weeks ago, right.
Speaker 3: Yee about it? Maybe a month a month and a half ago.
Speaker 1: I was at that long ago. Yeah, So he had big glasses on and a hat down. I said, you played something and he pulled the glasses down. He goes, Dude, that's me, Michael. I've been on your show. And I was like, oh my god, my bad dude. And so he was awesome. Just we talked for seven r eight holes.
Speaker 3: He's a cool dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We play closest to the Hole against each other. What's funny is the video that I put on my Instagram of us playing closest to the hole. He lost it in the water, but he's actually a decent golfer. That was like his worst swing of the whole day. So yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: But he still has like under his eyes, like one of his eyes is still busted up.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you I wish I like, I feel like a good show would be follow the UFC fighter after the fight and like how long is that rehab? That's funny, you know, just because like the fight is like all right, they fight and then they leave and you never see him again. But do they go straight to the hospital? How long are they in bed at home? Like do their kids jump on them when they get home and they's.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, don't don't touch my face. Yes, I've bet all that happens, right, I'd love to see that. It's a pretty fun day though. That's cool, mostly just because you're seeing a lot of people that you don't see in real life. Like to me, Nick Saban is a plus fame. Oh absolutely, My wife saw went the grocery store. She wouldn't give a crap. But to me, that's the Nick Saban, the Belichick, the sports like heroes that have been so good at what they do almost my entire life. Like that, I was. I was kind of geeking out about that.
Speaker 3: I dude, So I'm so glad you got a picture too, because that's awkward to be like, man, I really would love a picture, but I can't ask him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thankfully, somebody hopped in. I was like, hey, let me get a picture, and I was like, don't mind if I do and so and he's actually halfway smiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the picture, Yeah, he looks happy to be with He's halfway smiling. How was a Colt McCoy Like, what did you guys talk about?
Speaker 1: He was extremely smart, like he's the nicest guy. And so he came up and was just like, hey man, how you been. Now. I never met Cole in person, And I think it's one of those things too, like or if I haven't seen anyone for a long time, but I've seen them on social media or seen them around, or you feel like you've seen them a lot. And I think that was just a case like maybe from listening to the show some from I know his wife would listen that he just feels like we've met. I don't think I've ever met Cole McCay. I've talked him on the phone a couple of times because I taught on the show, No me calling him just not for fun but for like business stuff that we at one point thought about doing a project together. But I've never met him. And maybe it was just from that, like the phone calls, but he was like, dude, you been but he's so nice and he's also like big.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. I feel like he would be smaller. Do he just looks smaller?
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't. You would go that's an athlete, big guy. Pex threw a golf shirt.
Speaker 3: Big and then at the same time too like you don't play anymore, dude, Like go eat some chips and he pizza. He looks fit still.
Speaker 1: He just retired though.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. Yeah, I guess he did so a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 3: Last year was his last year.
Speaker 1: He didn't play last year. That was his first year of retirement.
Speaker 3: Okay, so two years.
Speaker 1: Ago, so he's had one for one and a half years of retirement. Yeah, you know, he still looks good. So yeah, it was fun and.
Speaker 3: You didn't talk to Roethlisberger and I didn't.
Speaker 1: Really never really presented itself. And I'm also not a huge fan. I'm not not a fan. I probably wouldn't be his friend.
Speaker 3: He plays as Steelers to get out here. Yeah, like, what what's the year, right, they're your Cowboys fan? I'm not, but what I don't want to bother anybody. So yeah, that was the day yesterday, and oh, I should say that. So I played this tournament. It was for Chris Tomlin, the artist, Christian artist, and so you know, he calls a bunch of his friends to come out.
Speaker 1: Of play, and I've got a lot of friends. Luckily I'm one of his friends. And I went out and played. But the day before you and I went to play because I was going to play in this tournament and I hadn't played any golf really like four times this year, and as best I ever shot, shot seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Amazed, dude.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I've had more people reach out to me to say congratulations on that because that video that I posted than any like professional accomplishment. That's true, but like random dudes have reached out to go like, hey, I saw you shot a seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Man congratulation, I think because it's so relatable, like Dancing with the Stars. Dude, I'm never gonna be on Dances with the Stars. I can't relate to that. You want it, that's cool, good for you, But I understand what it's like to beat your own record. I've never shot in the seventies ever, dude, If that would ever happened to me, I'd be so excited, so I know how excited you are.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything as it was going to the last hole because I definitely didn't want to jinx it. But about a whole sixteen, this feels like a perfect game. Also, it's like seventy eight. It's not even like shooting under Park. It just shows you how good we're not. I've never broken ady either, and so like whole sixteen, I'm like, uh, oh, don't think about it. Don't think about it.
Speaker 3: And I don't think any of us, like me and Gator we were playing, I don't think we caught that.
Speaker 1: Nope. I said nothing until we got there and I said, Eddie, hold my phone because I had chipped a ball that was like, oh six inches, yes, and I just needed to tap in for the record. And I was like for the record, and I made it, by the way, I was kidding in the joke and I was like, I'm shooting seventy nine like the pros. Dude, I said that in the club, people like you, you're not a pro.
Speaker 3: That's a terrible show for a pro.
Speaker 1: The joke or seventy eight. Yeah, but I shot a seventy eight for me as a not good golfer. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even my father in law reached out. I was like, you shot a seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Dude, We're thank you. I'm happy for you, so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for me.
Speaker 3: We're speaking for a lot of other guys out there were very happy for you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It wasn't braggy. It was just like I was proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a hole in one. Like if you were to ever have a hole in one, I would buy.
Speaker 1: You something that would be crazy both of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's neither one of us.
Speaker 1: I don't know one.
Speaker 3: We've gotten close.
Speaker 1: What's your best round?
Speaker 3: Eighty eighty one?
Speaker 1: I trit eighty once and eighty one once. So yes, same dude. You just had pars like you had nobody say you were just par par park.
Speaker 3: I remember looking at your score. I think at the front after the front nine, just kind of like, let me see where we're all at. And I had square square, double square like and then a birdie and then that's kind of what mine looked like. And you had nothing, just numbers. I'm like, oh my gosh, and no birdies like, no birdies. I think you had one boat, you were at a double and.
Speaker 1: A bogie on the front because I went, I went thirty nine, thirty nine, So I just remember from the card. Yeah, it gives a nice day and awesome, it is a nice day. The NBA Playoffs are finally here. It's been wild, all the high stakes drama, insane buzzer beaters, jaw dropping dunks, and guess what. Draft King sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NBA is giving you a chance to boost your winnings with an NBA profit boost every single game, every single game, all playoffs long. Check out the app for the day's special boost. Don't miss out cash in while the action heats up. Download the Draft Kings sports Book gap use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boost for every NBA playoff game only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text op and why that's four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling Call eighty eight eight seven nine seventy seven seventy seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boo Hill Casino in Resort, Kansas. Twitter one plus age in eligibility variaes by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boost per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum betlimits vary. See terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll say this, since the last time we did the show, we know Jason Tatum he tore his achilles. That is terrible, is ben He's out. He did have surgery really quickly, which doesn't usually happen like immediately had surgery. That's about the worst leg injury you can have, other than like an odd bone significant bone break on a significant bone at a non joint type place, like if you were to take your femur and break it like your thigh. Sure, but as far as like muscles go, that's the bad bad one.
Speaker 3: A rupture is that the same as just a tear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically a rupture to me, just I was like exploded. Yes, it sounds he sounds like a more dynamic word.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh so he's out. They're gonna play the next tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's out, but they won. They came without him. Yeah, so three two and so yeah, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: That sucks for Celtics fans. Does uh so last night though Denver ended up beating Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: It's three to three and it wasn't close.
Speaker 1: You will have to wear a woman's song for a week if Okaalom City does not win the championship.
Speaker 3: Bro. It was like I told my kids that, like I'm leaving them, like because I just under my breath and like, oh my gosh, I want to wear this thong and they go, what I go, it's just a stupid thing we did on the podcast that if I said that, Okay, so he has to win the whole thing, and if they don't win the whole thing, I have to wear a thong. And my kids were like, you said that, why would you say that? So then they got all they got like do you have to wear it like everywhere? Like do you have to just wear it thong? Are you gonna go to the grocery store just wearing a thing? Like no, guys, I'm gonna wear underneath my pants like underwear, and only during the show they're like, thank god, yeah that sucks, and then and then yeah, now we're tied up going to Game seven, it all comes down to this.
Speaker 1: At least it'll be in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's mattered, though, because I feel like the winds have come on the road before this game, this last game.
Speaker 1: I think you're right about it doesn't matter as much as it used to. But I think there's a difference in Denver and Okay, seeing that those Okay, see, you guys have to go play up in the altitude. Sure that sucks.
Speaker 3: Is that what the number meant on their jerseys? They have like a weird number. Denver had like a fifty forty seven.
Speaker 1: Probably, I don't know what you're talking about, Yeah, but probably. But yeah, when players have to go play in Denver, that's very difficult because of the altitude, more so than just the advantage. Yeah, but shape four foul so quick he did. In fact, they're on fourth foul too, so I had to sit out the thunder win. But if they don't, I do too. Man, if they don't, that's.
Speaker 3: This is good basketball though. Finally, like this playoff basketball is so good that everyone's playing so hard. I mean, Westbrook is like out there playing defense, trying to get blocks, getting rebounds. Pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fun, So we're gonna do this segment and we did a couple of these before kickoff. Kevin, he had his babies, by the way, he posted that, right, Yeah he did. Okay, he posted the public life. Oh I thought he did. I don't know public well, but you know he well, no, you know, but he did say he was having him that day. We're not saying any names or anything. Oh I thought I saw him posted anyway, I don't think he did. Can we say he had his babies? Since he said he was having he was leaving to have the babies.
Speaker 3: He said he was going to the hospital that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I think people expected that, and we can tell people that good news.
Speaker 1: He had the baby born. Yeah, they were born because everything. Yeah, he said all this. We'll say nothing else, but we recorded with him and you'll hear that in a minute. Talking about Tatum's injury, we didn't exactly know that it was a ruptured achilles. Yeah, so you'll hear that. And we also did our top ten NBA basketball players of all time. I guess it's just basketball players of all time because they're not all NBA players.
Speaker 3: Oh correct, Yeah, I see what you're saying. Correct, So we're going.
Speaker 1: To get to these two segments. So that's why you hear Kickoff Kevin. He's not here with us today. Rest in peace. He has two kids. Now, all right, here you go. This episode comes out later in the week, but we're going to record this on Tuesday. It is eleven fifteen AM and we're recording this while it's fresh and while we still have Kickoff Kevin, because he wasn't going to be on the show today. But the Celtics are now down one three. So I guess if you were saying the Knicks they'd be up three to one, correct, I do. I did not think that the Celtics would lose another game. And I haven't seen the update on Tatum. He maybe all all next year or two.
Speaker 3: So it didn't look good.
Speaker 1: So thoughts Kevin Celtics fan Kevin, go ahead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I've gone from full like you know, anxiety stress that we talked about earlier in the week, to full like depression.
Speaker 1: You're about to have two kids.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I know which I'm very happy in life. It's a very happy thing in life. But right now, for this day, like you said, it's still fresh on my mind. I can be depressed for a few hours until the kids come. By the time you hear this, the kids will be here. And but for right now, all I can think about is Jason Tatum. Not only just us losing this year, but it's next year. Now, what the heck do we do next year? And we're supposed to make this run for five or so years with Tatum and Brown and the pieces around it. They're probably gonna move some other guys anyways this offseason. But now it's like, what do you do because when can Tatum be back? Maybe All Star Break next year if it is, like we said, probably looks like a torn achilles, let's be honest. So now it's not only does this hurt this year and right now, but this hurts long term effect and hopefully hopefully this isn't something more. You're like, man, he was just never the same after this injury.
Speaker 1: What were you more sad about losing that game and possibly the series? Or and it we probably because you're not here at the beginning of the show. We haven't recorded that part yet, but there's probably more information out about Tatum's injury. Correct, we don't know what it is is we're recording this. What were you more upset about the injury or possibly losing the series?
Speaker 4: The injury for sure, one hundred percent, because halfway through that fourth quarter, I was kind of just accepting, you know what, I think this is just last year and just everything's just kind of taking a toll. And Porzingis said he looks bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah he didn't.
Speaker 4: Jaylen Brown doesn't look good.
Speaker 1: He's hurt though, right too, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think they're both like lingering injuries, and you're just like, you know what, it's just it's tough to repeat in any sports. It's just tough, and you kind of just start to accept that. But then the injury is just oh man, and he was having he was carrying the team, him and Derek White. Derek White was having a great team, unbelievable game, unbelievable, the only guy. I mean, he was doing everything, rebounding, feeling, blocks, everything, And to see that happen on like just a fluke play like you see in these injuries, it just sucks. So for sure, the injury rather than the season or the series ending to the Knicks, because give it. I mean, I'll give credit where to do the Knicks are just out playing them.
Speaker 3: Did you think they could have won that game? Maybe you wouldn't have gotten injured.
Speaker 4: No, I thought even before that it was I know they're only down a few points at that point, but it was, I mean, it was swinging hard to momentum size side to the Knicks.
Speaker 1: I'm very sorry for your potential loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks, guys.
Speaker 1: At this point though, you may already have a kid. Yeah two, two kids you keep forgetting well, one may not come out yet, whinsies, one may not be out yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does that work?
Speaker 1: They come out pretty quick, same time.
Speaker 3: God, that'd be terrible. Yeah, my mom, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So think about this though, if I could shed a little light on the situation. Yeah, twenty twenty, Golden State had the number two pick and they had Wiseman. They got Wiseman, right, yeah, and not that wise Men is awesome. But they got the number two pick after they'd won all those years. But because of the injuries, like to Clay, they their team's decimated, and so that year actually allowed them to stock up for the next few years once everybody came back healthy and Tatum still in his twenties. Yeah, the achilles thing's gonna suck. If it's an achilles, that's the worst injury. But again with science medical science, it's getting better and better. I think he'll probably be back to what he was before. And if you lose Tatum, if Porzingis is no longer on the team, there are a few of those guys gonna be gone. They should just go full tank.
Speaker 4: And that's where I'm at too, because there was already reports coming out of a week or two ago that was like, oh, the Celtics are going to make some big like moves in the offseason. They just can't afford all these guys. At the end of the day, Drew Holiday, whoever it is, deare.
Speaker 1: White Holidays getting older?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Holiday's getting older. They just resigned all these guys. But at the same time, we see this all the time in the NBA, where they just one year, even if it's a three year contract, then they flipped them for a younger guy. Or so I'm with you on that. It's like, okay, if tate them out the majority of next year and you already kind of want to get rid of these guys. Porzingis holiday, whoever it is, then it's like just go full full tank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you have a year to actually get rid of those contracts. You were already on the fence about yep, So okay, let them go and you don't Tatum, don't rush them back. Doesn't need to come back halfway through. Tank it out. Get your top three or four pick, or the team with one percent can get the number one pick.
Speaker 4: And you say, or it could be the MAVs.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Trade away the best player and then still get the number one pick when Cooper Flag's coming out, that'd.
Speaker 1: Be great, dude, that's hilarious. That's hilarious. Yeah, that's not what we're talking about. It's hilarious. Like send Luca to the Lakers and you have a one percent chance and.
Speaker 3: They hit the lottery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when generational players coming out.
Speaker 1: Hilarious. And you don't even get to watch the balls anymore.
Speaker 3: Like the lottery.
Speaker 1: Yeah balls, they just open the cards.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe one of the funnier things I've seen in a while.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I can't helpe it to laugh, Like I'm not. People are like, legit upset about.
Speaker 3: It, But I can't be upset about it.
Speaker 1: Not when you have, not when you can be upset about Tatum.
Speaker 4: Yeah I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, so the Tatum thing, dumb question. When he's crying, is he crying about his season or is he crying about like how bad it hurts?
Speaker 1: Not how bad it hurts, crying because of what this all means for his future and his immediate future, meaning the end of this season, which they were poised to win the title, and then for next year.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I think it's an emotional cry Okay, not a physical pal.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, gosh, man, that must hurt so bad. He's still crying, you know, five minutes later.
Speaker 1: The thing about the achilles, and again they have probably said because again we're talking a right now without knowing. Anytime I've seen someone have an achilles injury, it doesn't hurt so bad, and they're always surprised or like what's happening and there's like a grab or look like wait what and then they go down instead of like a tear and a hamstring or tear, and it's like oh, or break.
Speaker 3: You went down pretty quick, and he grabbed his ankle pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Which may not be an achilles, right, and you hope it's not something is bad news.
Speaker 4: But there's something bad, don't you.
Speaker 3: Those the doctors though, that jump on social media really quick and tell you this is exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Hey, those are doctors.
Speaker 3: They have images.
Speaker 1: Every person that can get on the internet and Google search any injury. We're really sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Kevin.
Speaker 4: Thanks kas I know you genuinely mean that.
Speaker 3: But congratulations on the kids.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks, yes, I know, I know it'll all be Hey, now, guess what you don't have to watch? Not watching?
Speaker 1: What if they come back though? Oh my god, what if they Tatum Patrick Ewing effect where the Nicks get really good once you Wing's gone.
Speaker 3: So now you do have to watch.
Speaker 4: I'm not watching on Wednesday unless like they're clothes and then to peakle.
Speaker 1: This is past Wednesday, sir, yesterday? Yes, okay, all right, sorry about that, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: The NBA playoffs they're here and it's already in a while, all the high stakes drama, the buzzer beaters, the big dunks, and draft Kings. Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, is giving you a chance to boost your winnings. You just download the DraftKings sports book app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boost for every NBA playoff game only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NBA is giving you a chance to boost your winnings.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven to seven eight hope and wyre text ope and y that's for six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help was available for problem gambling Call eighty eight eight seven nine seventy seven seventy seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boohill Casino in Resort, Kansas. Twitter on plus, age and eligibility varias by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boosts per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum betlimits vary. See terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: We did Top ten football players of all time. Now that factored in kids and adult so now we're gonna do Top ten basketball players of all time.
Speaker 3: This was tougher for me because you didn't have a team. I'm a Spurs fan, but I mean there aren't.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you are a Spurs fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're on that many Spurs.
Speaker 1: You were a big Spurs fan. I would go to games with you because your parents had season tickets. Right. Yeah, we stood at a tunnel. You took me down to the tunnel. We gave the players five coming through.
Speaker 3: I say that was funny because my dad was like, hey, we got you. You and your friends are come in. We got you these passes. You guys can like, you know, go down the tunnel and meet the players. I'm like, cool, and it is cool. And I told Bobby and our friends Steve, like all right, let's go. We're going down the tunnel. And it was almost one of those like passes where you give your nine year old.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, we were the only adults, but that doesn't mean it was not cool because it was all kids and then us adults putting our hands out getting slapped by the players when they come through.
Speaker 3: It's when they come out, you know, for warm up, and then you give them high fives they come through, and it definitely was like little kid, little kid, little kid us.
Speaker 4: Do good for it.
Speaker 1: I vividly remember that.
Speaker 3: I was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome because we're on the court. I don't think i'd ever even been to an NBA game at that point.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I was your first NBA game.
Speaker 1: How would I go to NBA game? Arkansas? We didn't have anything, We had nothing.
Speaker 3: True, and you know, the Spurs were hot then, Like the Spurs were like a good team that did look good.
Speaker 1: Oh you talking about man? Like? Okay? Top ten basketball players of all time Eddie.
Speaker 3: Number one, Michael Jordan. I mean, how are you a kid our age?
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't have him on the list.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not any No.
Speaker 3: You didn't you wear Jordan's man?
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not no, no, no, I'm not saying he's not awesome. He wasn't one. I'm a hater of bandwagoners, and I'm not saying you're a bandwagoner. Chicago Pans and bandwagoners. But everybody loved Jordan, and he was so beloved by pop culture that I was. I should say I'm more of a contrarian for the fact of just being contrarian.
Speaker 3: I'm like that with Tom Brady, same yeah, I can stand him.
Speaker 1: So oh I could. I could stand him. I just didn't root for him anyway.
Speaker 3: I can kind of like show people that I don't like Tom Brady. I'll say it.
Speaker 1: I was not a mi I was not a hater, but I didn't. That's funny. Yeah, that's a good one. Okay.
Speaker 3: Number two Michael Jordan won. And then number two is Kobe Mamba man, I mean, and then two just kind of like the more you know, the long the longer he's been dead, Like you just hear all these stories, more and more about how Kobe works so hard. And now that I have kids playing basketball, I tell him unlimited Kobe stories or show them YouTube clips or TikTok clips of people talking about Kobe practicing when no one was looking. Stuff like that is so cool to me.
Speaker 1: You realize Kobe was unhealthy mentally, right?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, just making sure, but.
Speaker 3: When a kid is learning pressure basketball, it's nothing. There's nothing better than seeing a clip of Kobe talking about how he practiced so much.
Speaker 1: I would say, anyone that is that dedicated to anything, I am unhealthy mentally. When it comes to there are reasons, and I'm sure Kobe's was based in some sort of trauma too. The reason he's like that, but anybody great, there's a ton of sacrifice and there's something that's pushing them that ain't super healthy. So I've done the joke before and I've seen other people do similar things where it's like Kobe's like, he's like, yeah, maybe played Kobe last night, and uh, he was talking crap because the night before he went at me, he shot up a bar that all my family was ad, and then the next night was kind of sad and he was like, yeah, that's why you're sad, and that's why I put forty two on you. And they were like, Mama got you again, and like, man, Kobe would do anything to win, but.
Speaker 3: And looks like the most jerkish things ever.
Speaker 1: Right, and now it's like it's just Mama being mamba. Yeah, but yeah, awesome work ethic, but you have to be unhealthy to want it that bad as somebody who is unhealthy.
Speaker 3: And as a Spurs fan, I kind of I hated playing you know, the Spurs, playing Kobe and the Lakers, but you had to respect it because he was so freaking good.
Speaker 1: He was so good. Yeah, and high school, you know, one of the real last successful high school guys to do it. There were a few obviously successful. A lot of kids got draft until they changed it. But it was tough. But and what and set the bench his first year Yeah pretty much. Yeah, you know Philadelphia kid wanted to go play for the Sixers obviously.
Speaker 3: But then he was like he lived in another country. Yeah, literally, that's.
Speaker 1: Why he's a good soccer player, Like his parents lived over there, but then he moved back to America.
Speaker 3: Because there are TikTok.
Speaker 1: Videos now of him in high school, like in the hallways, like talking, he's like this is kobeby Brian. He's like big recruit. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And then let's go to the Santania Spurs. Tim Duncan man, I mean big Timmy and the paint was just so awesome to watch. And really I just take that back to my dad having season tickets and us going to those games. Loved seeing Tim Duncan play.
Speaker 1: So more about the time he played in the experience while he played than him because he was as they call him, the big fundamental. Fundamentals aren't the sexiest thing, but they do win.
Speaker 3: I mean this, I think the Spurs in the two thousands, was just strictly in the middle of basketball. They were so good at it, like nothing boring. Yeah, yes, they were boring, but they won. Yeah, but that's why the NBA didn't like them, Yes, because in their market was so small San Antonio.
Speaker 1: Small market, boring to watch winners, and he was like, can somebody it will bring in ratings?
Speaker 3: Win?
Speaker 1: Yeah, starts are awesome though.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, I'm gonna group all the Spurs there in the middle. So I'll go. I'll go Tony Parker.
Speaker 1: Next at what number eighty four?
Speaker 3: I'm right, and then Tony Parker's four. Yeah, okay, so Tony Parker.
Speaker 1: It was weird. You know somefing I see an actor and they play an American and they talk in an interview and their leg You're like, I know they're British. First time Tony Parker spoke, I was like, dude's French. What's the crap?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really weird, really weird.
Speaker 3: But what's crazy to is his dad would hang out in the suite where my dad would hang out because my dad wasn't a sports fan, but my mom loved the Spurs. So he got the season tickets and then he got himself a ticket to the suite where there was open bar, and he would just sit there at the bar and he would hang out with Tony Parker's dad, who spoke English.
Speaker 1: Well, Tony spoke English just with an but.
Speaker 3: No no accent was just like regular American accent.
Speaker 1: My wife is watching, she's never seen it before, Desperate Housewives, and she's watching the whole If there's nothing that she's just hanging out, she'll have it on. And Tony Parker, Evil Andngoria.
Speaker 3: Oh she on? There are they on? There?
Speaker 1: Eva is the main character on des Housewives. Oh, Desperate Housewives like the reality show. No, you're thinking of Real Housewives.
Speaker 3: Oh, dang, I thought I.
Speaker 4: Was with Eddie on that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Desperate Housewives is from like the two thousand. It's a show shower. Yeah, it was like the biggest show. I never watched it, and she didn't watch she was too young. Flex on me twelve years her wife.
Speaker 3: But big time.
Speaker 1: She Uh, yeah, I was watching a little bit of last night because she was watching Evil Andngoria, and I was thinking about Tony Parker because they were married for a while.
Speaker 3: They were married.
Speaker 1: I don't think there are anymore.
Speaker 3: There's some drama. There was some drama on that, right.
Speaker 4: It was a bad breakup, I think was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, what herst drama? And then uh, we'll go Manu Ginobili. Dude loved Mano Genobli from Argentina. I mean really it was pretty early when like foreigners, especially from South America came to play NBA, and he was like one of the first, which is pretty awesome. And he played so scrappy.
Speaker 1: He was scrappy. He was six. To me, he's like the grade tot six man. And he wasn't the six man always he ended up starting, right, No, he was always the sever He never was started.
Speaker 3: He never started, which is so cool. And now again talking about my kids, Like, look, Manu wasn't a starter. He was a bench player and they needed that. They needed a good bench player because when the starters would sit down, boom, here comes Manu and they never slowed down.
Speaker 1: I just assumed eventually he started because he ended up being so famous and all star huh.
Speaker 3: And he never complained like that was just his role. And what's even cooler too, he's still with the Spurs organization doing it in the front office. I think ambassador. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Ambassador, So basically games, he goes and meets people, rich people. Is that what's a good job. Yeah, that's a good job.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: And then David Robinson the Admirle, and then I'll group all those Spurs together and then once they get out of the Spurs. Shaquille O'Neal man Blue Chips the movie.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, big pop culture crossover.
Speaker 3: What was it when he was the uh the genie? He was Shazam and then Shackfu with shack movie. I don't know what Chachu was, but dude, Shaquille O'Neill was awesome because he was so big, and my cousin Leroy went to high school with him in San Antonio, so before he even got famous. He's like, man, watch out this guy, Shaquille O'Neil. Dude, I went to high school with him. He's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Sure enough, Sure enough.
Speaker 3: Now that number on I'm on number seven, Shaq was seven eight is kimtumbu? No no, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's because I think eight one first time eight B to one and that's that's the finger. That's uh. They the Camber was on that team E C B to one seed. Oh in college, no NBA.
Speaker 3: So here's the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he may look that up. We don't be quiet. He looks at up.
Speaker 3: We're waiting.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's something significant about that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead anyway. That was really cool. And then Dennis Rodman Man, Dennis Rodman was freaking awesome. He played for the Spurs a little bit, but I mean, I think even more than anything was when I went to a Pearl Jam concert and they were like and they probably went through an hour and a half of the show and then finally they go like, all right, he might as well just come out because he's just sitting right here. He wants to come out, Dennis Rodman, And he comes out, picks up Eddie Vedder and sing dude. He stayed on stage for like five or six songs until Eddi Vedder said all right, you're doing it on stage, sitting there smoking cigar, jamming out like just being like, oh love that song. He get on the mic, love this song.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: So Dennis Rodman was cool to me. And then Steve nash Man, He's my number ten.
Speaker 1: I just I have forgot about nash nash is a good one.
Speaker 3: Dude, just talk. We're talking about just a point guard, not very tall, fast, awesome, Yeah, great point guard.
Speaker 1: He got one in Dallas. Yeah, yeah, championship. So what's up was Mutumbo?
Speaker 4: It just says he did it for the first time in ninety seven after blocking Clarence Weatherspring.
Speaker 1: Oh. I guess I'm just asking what's on the team that was the first eight to be to one in the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought you were saying when he first did it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, that was he was in ninety four. Say again, Mike, he was in ninety four that gets beat the Sonics first time, eighty to one. Yep, that's what that's my memory of him.
Speaker 3: Gotcha interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear mine number one? Kaylyn Clark, what are you laughing about?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, that's awesome, awesome, that's awesome. I mean she's great, she's great.
Speaker 1: Why are you being a hater because Michael Jordan's on your list.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm being a hater. Michael Jordan's on your list, but you put Kaitlyn Clarke at number one.
Speaker 1: I number one favorite basketball player, Kaylyn Clark, You're crazy. Yeah, Michael Jordan's not on my list.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: But Kaitlin Clark, is Kobe better be.
Speaker 3: On your list?
Speaker 1: He ain't, But Kaitlyn Clark, you're crazy. Number two Sudweb, Well, yeah, spud Web was like five six five seven, won the slam Dunk contest, was a Hawk, and I watched the Hawks a lot because they were on TVs. Spud Web freaking cool because I was a kid and I was little, just because I was a kid, and I was also a little kid, like the the same size as me. I think it's why my dog likes kids because he's like that same size as me. So spud Web was that, and I was like, that's so cool.
Speaker 3: You know that, Like so many kids were like, mom, I could be in the NBA. Look like Web did it?
Speaker 1: Number three Dan Marley, Yeah, the Suns, the shooting, the threes, the what was his nickname? Thunderdan? Thunderdan was the coolest nickname.
Speaker 3: How did you know you got thunder Dan?
Speaker 1: I have to brough the thunder on you. I guess they called him thunder Dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's that's a white guy for sure.
Speaker 1: That's a white guy. Okay, Yeah, so far I got two whites and spud Web. So saving me and whites, I have.
Speaker 3: And a woman and a woman.
Speaker 1: That's true. I get yeah, one of one of my whites is a woman. Whites are like the minority, like most of I see somebody white playing sports, I'm like that probably sucks.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: So uh, I'll ring the bell every white, kay? Kay? The what not? Dan Marley, that's a white Scotty Pippens at four. Now, I did not put Jordan. But why did I put pippin?
Speaker 3: Because Jordan couldn't have done what he did without Pippen.
Speaker 1: Not the reason.
Speaker 3: Oh, because Pippen didn't get paid Jordan did.
Speaker 1: Not the reason.
Speaker 4: Because Pippen grew six inches in college.
Speaker 1: That is true, but not the reason. Scotty Pippen played the University of Central Arkansas is from Arkansas.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 1: So he was like one of the rare Arkansas guys that was played. Scotty Pippens, a Arkansas guy. He did grow six inches in college at u c A. So a number four and number five white guy, white guy, and I I didn't get to watch him in real time, but I didn'tet to watch a movie about him. And then as I've gotten older, it's been so cool. It's pistol pet Yeah. They didn't even have a three point line. There was no three point line. If he had a three point line, the guy would have broken every record.
Speaker 4: Awesome, we had to watch the same I grew up watching that movie.
Speaker 3: I gotta watch that movie with my kids.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 1: He had dribble the ball outside his car going to school.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pistol Pete was legit. Steph Curry's at six nice. I love Steph?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh, half half ring him?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh? Is he half white?
Speaker 4: Light light skin?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or is he just light skin.
Speaker 3: White?
Speaker 1: Maybe my mom might be white? You know dad's delle Curry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think I think the bolt's light skin.
Speaker 1: I bet his mom's white.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do research and then get the bell ready. I'll give it a half ring muted bell.
Speaker 1: Lebron's at seven, And to me, it's not so much on the Lebron's greatest of all time. I do think he is. It's the fact that he is forty years old and it is still dominant like he is. He has taken such great care of himself. He is. He had the highest expectations set on him of any athlete I've ever seen in the history of athletes in sports period in our lifetime and succeeded and eclipsed in any of the expectations. Yeah, so to everybody, ninety percent of people, he's one or two in the all time list. Jordan Lebron, Some Lebron Jordan. So the fact that he had the highest expectations I've ever seen put on an athlete and he still surpassed them wild And he's also done it without much controversy. Like to be under that microscope and not really do anything wrong. Yeah, just play basketball, because your microscope makes even regular things look wrong when it's that in on you. And well Lebron's been like that guy. It's awesome. So love that with Lebron A number eight. Manut Bowl, that dude probably too. Once I started playing two K, I did a lot of Minut Bowl and I just block everybody shots. So I remember in Manut Bowl being really really tall, and he was he was he looked like a man. Yeah he was to me, I think he was taller than to Kimba or he was just skinnier, probably skinner.
Speaker 3: Skinnier, and then he looked like he was taller. I loved Minut Bowl it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Number nine Muggsy bogues Ce spud Web but not a Hawk, so I didn'tet to watch him as much. But five six, I think he's probably the shortest player ever in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Muggy Yeah.
Speaker 1: Charlotte Hornet. Wow, didn't he played with Larry Johnson Alonzo Morning those years when the Hornets were kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And at number ten, white guy? Why guy? Do you know who?
Speaker 3: He said? Steve Nash isn't on your list? Uh? Oh, John Stockton, No, Mike Baby, Larry Bird white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know fer he was white. Really, Yeah, that was that was news to me.
Speaker 3: I was like, she is, Yeah, that's random, but yeah, I'm thinking about it. I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never thought. I mean, I don't just look people identify them being but I would just never thought who's white?
Speaker 4: Who? Which player?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: The super Bowl where the player was like, I thought you were black?
Speaker 1: Do you Yeah? That happened sometimes too.
Speaker 3: I'm just so cool you're black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just like I just thought I thought you're black.
Speaker 3: You're so cool when they saw your name.
Speaker 1: No, they like when the talk Larry Bird, Oh it should have been Larry Larry Bird, Larry Bird. Now I put Dirk down.
Speaker 3: That's really good.
Speaker 1: But because Derek kind of gave. But is European white, Yes, yeah, yes, because some European doesn't have to be white.
Speaker 4: No, Like, no, Dirk.
Speaker 1: Was cool because Dirk was like the first European to like open the door for Europeans to be the number one guy. Because there are a lot of Europeans like debtless. Sure enough, you could go through some of those guys that came over. They were always like a good role player, but like Dirk was legit and it was when a lot of those European atendency started to pay off in America. But he was fundamentally extremely sound. Yeah, and was an all around great player. But was also the seven footer who could shoot right, Like that was bizarre at the time. Yeah, because he was seven foot it could shoot. But it's how they are trained and raised in the European basketball yep, Like everybody has to have all the skills. So Dirk was at ten.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: And I was happy that he won a championship and I was happy they beat the Big Three because I hated Lebron. I hated Miami hated that team. Yeah, even though later Lebron ended up being on my list, but I didn't want that team to win it. Yeah. So do you have favorite basketball player ever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin Garnett's only as a Celtic, No, not only as a Celtic all around. I think he was awesome on the t Wolves, kind of like Randy Moss where it's like, once he came to the Celtics, I was so pumped, and then he's my favorite Celtic of all time. That guy was an animal.
Speaker 1: He was and he was also a high school kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't play college basketball straight fro high school the pros.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How many can you name that were good.
Speaker 4: High school players?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, Moses Malone's the first one I think about. It was before me, but I know Moses Malone did not play college ball. Dwight Howard good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't play college ball.
Speaker 1: No, I went to the pro Garnet, Toby and not even talking about the guys that did it and suck because a lot of those guys ended up being nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you think of any more top of head?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Google.
Speaker 3: Well, some of the international guys right, does that count?
Speaker 1: They were like in academies and stuff like I think Tony Parker, I don't think he went to college, but think he was a school foreign Okay, but still came young, still like came to America. Here we go. Here the list of the biggest. Obviously Lebron, Yeah, but that was undertood. I don't want to message me be like you forget about Lebron seven times? Yes, uh so, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard. We got those two, three and four on the list of the most we didn't say yet, Kevin Garnett five, Lebron six, Germaine O'Neil seven, Moses malone. But then you get to like Kwame Brown, who kind of sucked, right, Yeah, but that also but he also played for a terrible team. Yeah, Andrew bind Them kind of sucked the Laker.
Speaker 4: He had a couple good years. He thought he'd GI me the next guy. I saw him in person one time. The biggest human I've ever seen. Really, where at a game I got like third row seats from somebody. Dude, the biggest human I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: The two we didn't mention are at three and four, And I want to give you a hints on them.
Speaker 3: Did Carmela Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Played the Circus good year. Kendrick Perkins beat Texas in the championship. Rick Barnes Texas.
Speaker 4: Uh, what Kendrick Perkins did he go to college?
Speaker 1: I don't know why they're for the championship. They may have played in the final four, but championship. Yeah, but he played for Syracuse.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's out on the list, one of them I talked about. I didn't understand how good he was until way later because he wasn't on TV enough. But he's on the list of people did not win a championship.
Speaker 3: Think back, he wasn't on TV enough because he was.
Speaker 1: The ninth overall pick in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: He just said this.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: He's on that top ten list of players that didn't win a championship that you're like, wow, really great players that never won a title.
Speaker 3: Not the Rodman, oh Dominic, will No, Tracy McGrady.
Speaker 1: Tracy Ray, and the other one. He is listed as an American Israeli professional basketball player. I didn't know they would list him as an American Israeli. But he was born in Florida. You know him, you know him. He's very famous. He was very good.
Speaker 4: He's not playing anymore.
Speaker 1: No, right. He was the first high school player to win the NBA Rookie of the Year award. Oh wow, which is pretty Yeah, but in descriptions as American Israeli, And it will make sense once I say who it is. But I would have never thought that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that whole thing throws you off for sure.
Speaker 1: He was drafted I think nine overall. We look this up. At age fourteen, he started to play organized basket ball for the first time. He only played two years of high school basketball, earned USA Today All USA Basketball First Team, Florida's Mister Basketball, Orlando Sentinel Florida High School Player of the Year, playing in the McDonald's All America Game. His phenomenal skills earn a interest from colleges around the country, but his star was on the rise. He'd gotten the draft in two thousand and two. That's crazy. He only played for two years, drafted nine overall and.
Speaker 4: He only played for two years in high school. Oh, in high school years ago. Yeah, and he's still made the American and McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: What other can I give you? What team?
Speaker 4: He was drafted buyer.
Speaker 1: Is that too obvious? He I can give you a team he played for. Here we go one of the teams, and I don't think this is going to give it away more than the other team would. The Phoenix Suns. He played for the Suns.
Speaker 4: Sean Marion, No, not a bad guess, but Marie stotemar correct really.
Speaker 1: Take ninth overall? Right? At high school? I saw American. Yeah, maybe his family his name amar A. I don't know what the A m A R.
Speaker 4: He was awesome, too awesome.
Speaker 3: Who is that dude that you always beat me with? In two K? Wally's Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Was legit. Hey yeah, I don't even know what. But Zerbie he shoot threes like he got the white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wally Man pisses me off everything.
Speaker 1: That's fun. Just jacking threes. Okay, there you go. That was fun. So Arkansas plays a regional in softball. They got a really crappy draw. They were the number four overall seed, but they in softball they will stick teams regionally somewhat close, even if they don't really fall into the kind of number selection. And so Oklahoma State, who's good? Who was in the College World Series last year? Top eight is playing in the FETELT Regional and they're only playing in that because they're close. They would have been in a different region because they're actually a lot better than to have to play the So that sucks for Arkansas. It also sucks for Oklahoma State. And we know coach Kenny, we do so I hope coach Kenny loses.
Speaker 3: Respectfully, Yeah, hopectfully.
Speaker 1: I hope Arkansas and coached iPhone coach DJ Gasso win. So how it works, there are four teams and it's double elimination, and one team comes out of winning the four, then they do a super Regional which is just two teams, and Arkansas would host that if they won. Cool and two teams play a three game series, and then from that you go to the College World Series which is in Oklahoma City, and there are eight teams that go to that. Arkshall has never been to that. So we're hoping, baby, We're hoping for an Arkansas win and then another win in another win and get to super Regionals because I'll go to super Regionals next week in fab Oh.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, when can we start betting on probably.
Speaker 1: The eight it gains to eight in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: That's what you're looking forward to, looking forward to it? Yeah, so that's what I would be doing. Have a pick a tournament tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I was wondering when you're gonna talk about this.
Speaker 1: Here's what sucks. My first game is eight am. Oh that does that sucked? The two things that suck one the first games at eight am. It's doubles. So I have a partner I'm playing with. And then I got to email says there are two hundred people through all the tournaments that are playing, and the bathrooms are broken. Please use the bathroom before you come to the center the whole day. Oh yes, what the they send any emails saying eight am?
Speaker 3: Time?
Speaker 1: I start playing singles at like two pm.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I guess.
Speaker 1: It'll be a long day out the courts. And then there's no bathrooms out there. Take a bucket. Yeah this can't be legal, which I thought was weird. Yeah, yeah, so that'll be the weekend you.
Speaker 3: Uh well, I wanted to go to your games due but we have we have no No I did, I don't, and you can't tell me not to go. If I want to go watch you play, I can go watch play, but I'm going to be so busy. We have basketball tournaments, and then my six year old his baseball team, who is terrible, like they are all. He's six, so it's six through four, so.
Speaker 1: He probably has like I mean six through four the ages, so four through six. Yeah, that's a weird way to say it.
Speaker 3: I got it. Okay, Well, I just guess I started with him because he's six. But the youngest are like four and five, so there are more four and five year olds than six year olds. So we're pretty bad. Our batting order kind of starts sucking after five.
Speaker 1: Your own team is bad because you're so young.
Speaker 3: The Yankees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is he dominant though, because he's six.
Speaker 3: He's dominant. Dude, that's dominant. He's almost hitting home runs like over the fence, it's pretty legit. And he plays first, doesn't let a ball go slid by. Right. Oh, he's awesome and he loves it. He looks forward to every single game, like say, like the game is seven o'clock Saturday night. He wakes up, puts on his uniform. That's awesome, and where is it all day?
Speaker 1: That's so exciting.
Speaker 3: It's really cool. So they've made it too. They have two victories into the tournament. I think they have three games left and it's winner go home, so that's gonna.
Speaker 1: So if you lose one, you go home. Yep, so you'll probably go home after one if your team's bad.
Speaker 3: That's my point. They're pretty bad. But they've won the last two games.
Speaker 1: But all the teams that are playing the better teams that have also moved on.
Speaker 3: The tournament's been going on for like three days already, and and they're winning. That's awesome, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Good luck, go Yankees, Mike, any sports with you?
Speaker 3: I'm watch Rangers Astro this weekend.
Speaker 1: You're going to the game now, I'm just gonna watch it. Oh, oh, got it. I wish I was going. You have a Ranger's hat on right now, so I didn't know if you were actually going to the game. I almost went, but we ended up going home a couple of weeks ago, so I can't do two.
Speaker 3: In a row.
Speaker 1: He woke up, put an uniform on.
Speaker 3: It's just like my son.
Speaker 1: Let's see the hat over there. Oh yeah, thank you guys. We will see you guys on Monday. Hope you have a good weekend. Uh, good luck, dude than I was gonna say, go hogs, but yeah, go me, good luck.
Speaker 3: You can win this whole thing, your first tournament ever, you win it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm up against. Meaning again, I've only played with our group. I'm really not brought to anybody knew that. I don't know. There have been some guys that are come in to play that I would know that it were pretty good or that got pretty good as we played, But I don't know how good I am. I may be terrible or what if I get there and I'm awesome? Yeah dude, Like yeah, everyone else get sucking endorsement deals like the scoucher there, IM awesome. We'll see you guys next week. Bye, Budy Eddie bows out. Theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bones Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at, producer Reddy, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro, but most importantly thank you for listening. Im Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles