Speaker 1: Look mare, Oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, last cult ding Dong, last culturistas calling with a big announcement.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we can finally say the sleuths have been getting their magnifying glasses out, smoking from their little pipes. Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna have to create a new category rears Katie's publicist, finalist Kyles and Trelock Holms.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. That's enough. Yeah, Kyle's I also want to just fold into Katie's. Can we just officially fold Kyle's? We can't do that? And what do you like? Where I like? Four?
Speaker 1: I don't, No, you know what, I can't believe it's already this acrimonious. You can come in here, you fly in with your big ideas. You're supposed to run this by me? Why would Kyles float it? Do you think I forced the Kyles through? I wouldn't say that you ran it by my ass on me. Well, anyway, we can have this discussion.
Speaker 2: But I here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe Kyle should do something to make it so that they deserve Kyle's.
Speaker 2: Y'all better hit us up if you want to be in the acronym we're talking to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, later on an episode, when don't we bring our guests in? I want to pitch my Kyle Richards spinoff. I don't think we need any more of her on my television. Well I think you might. You might disagree with me when you hear what I have to say.
Speaker 2: Is it Kyle Richards does tongue twisters and we can't even understand her more. I lost the big old bit. Well, I'm just like, I'm just trying to hear. This is my cousion.
Speaker 3: I don't like her when she gets emotional, she does sort of.
Speaker 2: Actually you know what, No, we do need more Kyle Richard's on TV. When you hear my idea for the spinoff, you're going to be like, get that girl in her twisted tongue light on the screens again. I have such a good idea for her.
Speaker 3: Okay speak of Bravo. Yeah, I think it is public now.
Speaker 2: August fifth, The Lost Culture Reece Does Culture Awards will be on Bravo and streaming on Peacock the next day.
Speaker 1: Yes, immediately streaming on Peacock. This is gonna be incredible. We are filming it in LA. We can't say where, we can't say when yet. All this information is gonna come out, yes, piece to meal over the next couple of months. But yes, it's true. I guess in a way, publicist season has begun.
Speaker 2: This means publicist season has begun. That's why it's a little bit delayed. Normally we have them in June. Obviously the timeline is a little bit sort of shifted down. But your work begins now. Yeah, we can officially say we.
Speaker 1: Truly start awards season now, Yes, because that's gonna be us August fifth, and then the next month probably what three weeks into the month in September is the Emmys whatever that is. But we will be first time for everyone to start talking about people, things, places, happenings that you think need to be called out and shower out.
Speaker 2: Categories will be.
Speaker 1: Announced soon and honies following after, and then we're gonna have a big old show again in LA. We'll say more about when later, but August fifth, five, big day.
Speaker 2: We have a Culture Award winner here.
Speaker 1: Yes, cultural Award winner. I was trying to count how many times our guest has been on the show. I think this is like eight or nine, but then that wasn't including all of the sort of iconic I don't think so, honey appearances of.
Speaker 2: Course, Oh my god, Gauntlet do Gag? How about Wow, remember.
Speaker 1: The Gauntlet Do Gag where our guests famously said, I don't think so, honey. When you far in, a little cum comes out in front of my mother, father, and sister, thus bringing us all closer.
Speaker 2: And he still didn't even win. He should have though, No, well iconically won yeah, and she is. Yes, Rachel Pegram did win that Parent Square, But it's like any awards show where there's the winners and then there's the people that you rigged.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you'd have to take that up with our judges for that show, which we're Jrinx Onnston in Alaska. Icons Wow, Wow, The Lost Coach really has remained over the years.
Speaker 2: It has remained. Real Loss Coach really has.
Speaker 1: Remained over the especially real Coach are number four. Coach really has remained over the years. We'll get to work on that book soon at some point too. So our guest is the host of Bravo Speaking of Love Hotel, which airs on Go Ahead.
Speaker 2: And Say It April twenty seven, eight seventh Central after Atlanta, which, by the way, Atlanta has been great. I've heard.
Speaker 1: I know that we're going to talk a lot about the happenings and housewives right now. Remember we're recording this, what is it, April sixteen, so we're about, you know, some days behind where we are when this comes out. But we're going to give generalized thoughts. This is airing the thirtieth. Thank you airing the thirtieth. So listen, everybody. You know our guest, We love our guests from the film Fire Island and the television show Loot stand Up all across America and the world, Australia, Australia, even God. It's just like cool it, you know what I mean? Cool it like heading on the Delta must be diamond. Well I bet it is. Everyone, please your ears, bister.
Speaker 2: Million miler. Actually, yes, honey, driven to her connecting flight on the tarmac on the Porsches.
Speaker 1: You know that is a good perk. But one thing is like, you better make sure that you don't have your air pods in or else when they call your name for that, you're gonna miss it one day.
Speaker 2: No, I just got back from Boston in my little pod and left my wallet, no at the airport, and it has ruined my life because boy do I not have proof of citizenship? WHOA, but in this climate you need it. Tough tough stuff, tough stuff. So does that where's your passport? I have a passport. But here's the thing that is no longer enough. And I have a provisionary birth certificate that illinoily issued me because Korea can't find mine. Jesus Korea.
Speaker 1: It's actually a little culture number eight, Jesus Korea.
Speaker 2: I was likely stolen, Let's be honest, but honestly, you were.
Speaker 3: You were at the beginning of your life.
Speaker 2: Was a Caper's life was a caper starring George Clooney, Yeah, and j Low.
Speaker 3: Imagine if that was out of sight. I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it. Wait, so it's what do you mean it's no longer enough? Well, they I literally got my real ID with this provisionary birth certificate that Illinois issued, but that is no longer They need like the real hard copy of it. Now, come on, what do you mean now like it in the Yeah, it's because like back when I got the real ID a couple of years ago, it was all fine and dandy, and I did scan my way into getting a replacement real id by holding my thumb over the provisionary part of the birth certificate. When I got to the death and they don't care. The woman in life whatever, I don't think any.
Speaker 3: Of that Express Bridge a million miler, but no.
Speaker 2: The thing is is like the woman in line who checked my documents is like, they won't take this. And then I got to the desk and of course she did right, she didn't. She doesn't care about her job. She has no loyalty to the DMB.
Speaker 1: It makes me feel so sad when people so obviously don't care about what they do like or like or or they're so checked out and hate what they do so much. And I just walk away from people like that, and I'm like, God, they have to sit there and do.
Speaker 2: That all day? How do we how do we bring joy to the world?
Speaker 3: You would rather they be.
Speaker 2: River Vermier's character in.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the funniest moment in anything, the funniest moment of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yesli Barnea. That was so fucking that is like, where was the no Viola Davis in doubt level no coming in and.
Speaker 3: You know this is what I keep saying.
Speaker 1: And now that we're out of Oscar season, no one can really take offense because it's all over.
Speaker 2: I have to say.
Speaker 3: The category fraud was worse than ever this year.
Speaker 2: It's so bad.
Speaker 1: We need rules to change the way this is because how can we honor the River ramirez is of the world and how can we keep honoring the Viola Davises of the world?
Speaker 2: Who mind you?
Speaker 1: I will remind you the reason we have Viola Davis is because she got an Oscar nomination exctly fourteen second.
Speaker 2: Performing Ariana Grande versus River Ramirez period period until they change it, Like are they gonna change it?
Speaker 1: Then Oscar is gonna go gender free because it's they.
Speaker 2: Who has those so far, the Indian Spirits have.
Speaker 1: They have it, The Gothams have it, I believe, like a lot of the critics things have it. But not all the Golden globes don't. Critics' choice does it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the wave has begun and we are restarting the wave here. We're rippling it here.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I think would be fun if it's like everyone shows up to the Oscars and no one knows who it's just it's a surprise. Five people get oscars and it's a total surprise. It's totally random. You've said this before and I love it. It's like, Okay, we're gonna announce one winner.
Speaker 2: Have I told you about the production of Year in Time that my college did my senior year before we graduated. Now where they they put up the cast list. It was just a list of names and we were all no cast, no characters. Okay. Everyone was very confused. And then we find come to find out that they will all be wearing black. I'll be wearing masks, and I'll be playing every part, and every night will be different wause they will pass the ball quote unquote mid song or mid line, mid scene. This is your years old. It was one of the worst things I have. I was higher life because it's like, I just want to see that one bitch you can hit the note writing privileged to pee. I just want to see that one bit you actually can hit the note. Yes, he was set up to fail by being born with a male voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all were. It's actually a little coature number thirty. We were all set up to fail by born.
Speaker 2: With a male voice. A map voice is a curse a voice? Who cares what we can sing about? Oh my god, it's real. Yeah, so that sounds like your production of the Oscars honestly, But I'm not even behind the differend. No, I am. I love behind this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know how to fix it, but it needs to be fixed. I did have a whole like rubric with how they could do the lead in supporting things. But then I'm just like, I don't know ultimately, who cares?
Speaker 2: Right? Where are you finding the time to sit down at Google sheet and break there? So you've known me what over ten years? You know? You know, I just sit here and talk. Where am I finding the time? I thought here and now I don't know? But no, I am genuinely curious about the same thing of like what is your in the day, Like when do you find the time to watch videos about universal studios, to watch videos about to want to read prognosticators? Like you you do have a really wonderful palette in terms of your media, you'd but we all three of us sitting here know that acting is ninety percent sitting around drinking liquah. Yeah, and so like we're at your I'm sure you're in niche. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: And to answer your question and probably actually start a conversation about what are specific things that we go online for, I have one. I only have like three or four little hot online hobbies. And to be honest with you, ever since I was a very young gay kid, going online and looking what was getting, like the oscar buzz and finding out what was happening in the film industry was always one of them. So now that I'm like in the business, it's it's directly aligns with what my online interests always were. And the same is true of like me being on roller coaster Tycoon when I was a little kid and like wanting to know what was going on in that industry. So that's still one of my niche interests. But it's like literally real housewives, like, yeah, what's going on in the theme park industry and what's going on in the entertainment industry and when awards season kicks up, that really is in high gear. But those are my things, and I'm curious, like what your guys's things are.
Speaker 2: I especially after this Japan trip, I am like and I and you you guys have known this about me, but it's it is specifically Final Fantasy game. And I am all I've been doing on this press store where I'm this way. I just finish press for running Banquet, and what I've been doing in between is just playing this fucking game, being a botanist, going around the woods, collecting tree bark and collecting plants. Are you? Are we talking Rebirth No? Seven? Rebirth absolutely one of the best, one of the best Final Boss sequences ever.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about the MMO Final Fantasy fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh are you? I'm still in that MMO world. I'm ten years into this fucking game. I love this game so some of the best storytelling period in any medium. I am Jonathan Bailey voicing a little cat boy. I've always I've always hyped up Jonathan Bailey's performance as Grahatia, and I've even told him on the study the Seat of Wicked, I said, I just have to tell after.
Speaker 3: He complimented to me is a lyric from Africa.
Speaker 1: It'shatia over my good fucking But first of all, you don't know then I think it will be the niche culture of people of gamers who are going to die.
Speaker 2: The fact that you have made a lost culture moment out of singing the name Grahatiya.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, I sang Grahatia to a Lady Gaga and I think ruined that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, We'll just tray clean it.
Speaker 2: And I love this. It's a really good name. This is like it's like only l a that weight just feel it? Did you feel it? So this type of fabric, this is.
Speaker 1: Just that that that that'll that'll do you guys. Sorry, but this is all going in the episode. It's because this is a very real human moment of sisters being by me and there for me and supporting me when I ruined my Todd Slider tanks.
Speaker 2: I can only want to know a l anyway, I just want to take well, I I complimented on the set of Jonathan Bili's performance a Graha Tea after he was so cond inffusive about Fire Island. Yeah, so anyway, it just I just that felt like the proper exchange. Okay, Joel, what are your Internet? I mean mine right now is literally YouTube essays about movie projects that never happened.
Speaker 3: Be Kin rewind kind of wine, Henry Wine is one of them.
Speaker 2: Boats and Blockbusters is the one that I'm really into and and quite frankly, hours and hours and hours of Marvel Rivals. Oh really, I am playing so deep into Marvel Rivals and watching YouTube videos. All that do in my trailer is watch YouTube videos about Marvel Rivals. Explain because I have not did my tone in Marvel warl it is it's overwatched. But with marvels and I never played Overwatch. I never played any of these kinds of games before, because it seems like I need a game that has an end point, otherwise it will happen. What what has happened to me with Marvel Rivals, which is I have consumed I've played over two hundred hours of this game since December. The last four large arguments that I have gotten in it's my fiance about this game. What are the arguments that are well, just me get him hilted, like fly, like getting in a losing streak and wanting and like getting so angry, and he's like, you can't this is a game. And then and then you're.
Speaker 1: Not having a sports team and yelling at and your wife JM being like I can't live like that?
Speaker 2: Are you exactly? And he and it's so ironic because he's he loves he's a video game producer. Yeah, I don't know you understands. He understands, but like, and he's wanted me to get into games. You know, we've played games together a lot, but like this kind of game for a minute, and then I did, and it's turned into something quite Yes, the slope was slippery or then you thought, can I ask not to reveal too much about Jam? Well not people know this about j. Would it be different if you played Legal Legends? No, okay, because because Jam is associated, Yes, he wors it, right, but like I don't think he definitely doesn't care what it is, Yeah, what it is? Okay.
Speaker 3: He probably thinks it's beautiful the game you love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he I mean he plays himself too, but like that's the problem. Is like we're directly playing this game, and he is so much better in video games than I am. And it's this first time where I'm like we've never we we never compete, but like there is like you get ranked in this game. Oh that and your ranking it's like do I It's like I cannot stand that he is a higher ranked than me? How much higher? Like a fair amount? Like it's gotten to the point where we can't play together because he's he's in a different tier. He's in a different tier than I don't understand why how professional athletes are friends with each other, because that is a thing, a system where you are. There was a value system literally at least at least it's an objective standard. I mean, the fact that we're all still friends, quite frankly, is ridiculous. If there was a numerical system that ranked.
Speaker 1: As though they do, I mean they do, but publishing it currently as we speak, no, but that's that's not real. I always know where I stand when there's an announcement about the podcast and it's like Chapel Roane was on Bowen Yank's podcast Culture. I always remember that I'm like down here in fifty four and we're sitting here with.
Speaker 3: Three and three is a chasm away from two.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about it then. Who's one and two right now?
Speaker 1: I think Jonathan's probably one, and I would say number two is is McKellen, Matt Bomer, Andrews, Andrews gott Gott Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 3: Famous, I'm not three. Let's speak very weekly.
Speaker 2: You don't have, you don't have the third most viral moment from the fucking Academy Awards. Yeah, let's not three three and that. Yeah, and let's talk about your performance in the Wedding.
Speaker 1: Wait, if you haven't seen seen the Wedding bank ut twice. It's so good. It's it's fantastic. It's in theaters, it's in theaters and key crushes. Yeah, it's so good. It's a great passing of the ball. I mean, it's you know, we're talking here, my friends are being sweetheart angels and that that's weird.
Speaker 2: But no, Bone, you're so incredible in it everybody, and like you're literally next to fucking Lily Gladstone. And can I tell you I told her this at the premier the other night. I took her hands in mind and I said, we know you can act, mama, but I did not know you could make me laugh, Like yeah, I did not know you could land the joke. And that's a riot games right, there's a riot. She is a riot.
Speaker 1: She gives her like a sweet, soulful performance. I love Kelly Murray Tramp.
Speaker 2: Kelly Mury tranp will I hope, I hope that this is like her Phoenix rising Reavers. I love yeah, because the way these fucking geeks and nerds and losers and in cells treated that woman. Oh yeah during STARp and the infrastructure of Disney and Star Wars not protecting. And what I find to be the perfect sort of inversion of that is that she felt that she was given time and space to come out as queer. Like she did this Vanity Fair interview and she like kind of in it, like kind of blurted out that she was like excited to make a movie as a queer person. This a queer movie as a queer person. She's like, wait, oh, I've never told anyone that before Publicly, They the journalist David Canfield Bless and the producers of the movie were like, we're going to hold the story until you decide what you want to do with this. And then she came out, made that decision and then has felt nothing but love and support ever since. And I'm like, that is the perfect panacea to that crazy, crazy experience of Star Wars, which I'm like, now it just seems like it's not quaint in retrospect at all. That is, it's still it still remains crazy to me in terms of that scale and that outreach. But I'm like we've all kind of experienced that here in some degree too, where I'm like, God, what is and this is the thing that that's the thing that Matt has said. It's like it's bad. The culture is bad because the political climate sucks, and therefore people exercise any kind of controller will over the culture, over what they consume. And so I'm like, I'm so glad Kelly has this moment to come out of that and be like, Oh, now I know what it's like to be like held and loved for who I am.
Speaker 1: She's really fantastic in the movie, like and and it's also like I was I did the Q and A. Well, there was like a special screening last night. I did a Q and A with Andrew and the cast. Then one thing that I was noticing is she's got so many individual relationships to places really like it's a true ensemble, but she is the lead.
Speaker 2: Andrew is such a fucking wonderful collaborators. He allows every performer to put so much And I can tell I just know knowing him and having worked with all of you two. Like I was watching the movie and I was like, well that's Bowen. Yeah, that was you know, and like that like there's a there's a beautiful silent moment between the Lee Gladstone and that came so great Andrew, you know, collaborated with them. This scene that has no dialogue, that is one of the most beautiful scenes and that came from them, And like and the fact that Andrew allows space for that in his films. I mean you you guys remember Mare Island was just sort of like there was so.
Speaker 1: Much connective tissue there. And one thing I was noticing is like the theme and like this of polaroid pictures and family photos. Like my compliment to him that I'll say now on the podcast, because I feel like I could walk into the house of the wedding banquet, because the house where they live is also a character. And I say that and not an annoying section in the city is like the city of the Fifth Woman way, which is what I just mean, Like the house is this like beautiful landmark, but it's more than that. I feel like I could walk into that house and know where everything is. Yeah, And I feel like as a director, his sense of place and his sense of like community within an environment is so strong, and he's so he's so gifted at creating atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Can I say, though, Matt, Unfortunately, like intent doesn't always relate to impact. So you're saying you're not you're saying it not to be annoying, does it? But unfortunately we get to the side was it annoying or not? No? Personally, can I say to you that I had a really emotional moment when I went to the premiere and the big poster was on the screen and it was the first time I'd ever seen from the director of Fire Island. Yeah, I feels like I was like, oh, that that is kind of forever for a sect, well at least like it's still alive in that way, and there's like, I don't know, a legacy now like our our movies, our sisters like yeah, but it's that It's that that quote in the studio and that pile of the studio that Catherine O'Hara says, where it's like, if you make a great movie, it's great forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean, That's that's the beauty of film.
Speaker 2: And let me I'm gonna say this and I don't care we're masturbating. I don't care that we're resting, but like somebody posted a photo of a bootleg DVD that they had created a Fire Island, and I reposted it and everyone thought I was mad about them. No, baby, please bootleg the film. Okay, I need physical media. Yeah, we actually do need physical I'm like the way it's living on streaming and like at the whims of Disney and whatever tax breaks they might be looking for at any given moment. Yeap, it is so scary to be that. I'm like, I need you all to disseminate the like it would be currency in the New world.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I actually did, like, not not recently, but not a long time ago, like someone I hadn't even thought about it. I love that for you in a while, but I was like, you know what, it's been like a couple of years since I've watched it. Let me just like watch it. I was with a couple of friends. Now you can't even watch it. You have to buy it on iTunes, you can't stream it. They did write it off as a tax that's crazy, and you can't watch it anywhere. They did such great work and then it gets written off like a fucking tax right off. And then all the time now in the era of streaming, which I guess we thought we really had it good there for a while because we did.
Speaker 2: I mean, Netflix, thank you so much for completely changing the contours of our entire industry for the worst in many ways, and also please buy my shit.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like, I guess if it hadn't been them, it would have been something.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like that's that's I guess. The thing is, it's like that's the way the industry was going to change.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking about the other day was the quibi of it all, Like quibi like failed so spectacularly, Like we we both had shows like like launch with it, but the idea wasn't wrong.
Speaker 2: No, because listen, my boyfriend works for a Chinese own company and has meetings with China over there all the time, and and TikTok and China is much different than TikTok over here in some ways, because all they're doing is creating now narrative content that is broken down into five to ten minute chunks every time a quick bites, and it's taking off like wildfire in China, and it will be modeled over here eventually. He was just too early and I think the pandemic kind of well, the pandemic certainly, the lack of ability to make stuff viral really was really what killed it. The lack of that was a cute I remember.
Speaker 1: I remember we had to completely game show, had to completely rely on like what the social was.
Speaker 2: And I was like, sure, like you don't know what's taken screenshots of a Honey.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even born at the time. There was no ever ross cats, just stuff.
Speaker 2: That's how K dramas are too. Apparently, because was saying, fantastic, She's so huge, fine, huge, fine, like so good, what a revelation. I know, amazing.
Speaker 1: I was saying, like one of my favorite moments of the whole movie is, well, this is a spoiler, but there's a moment of like pure ex pure joy and euphoria that he has towards the end of the movie.
Speaker 2: Future legend, so sweet. But he he comes from this whole pedigree of K dramas where they just it's it's it's basically a movie. It's like what Fire Island would have been on Quibbi, but they break it down into like these like two minute episodes. It's really that is the future in a Stereotte.
Speaker 1: They were without a like I I genuinely believe that one of the reasons why we even talk about all of these things is because there was a piece of content to launch it, like with Netflix, Like the reason why they became a prestige streamer was because of House of Cards and then Orangers the New Box Little and the reason why.
Speaker 2: We talk about in spacey out the door, Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's coming in. And then like even HBO, like the Sopranos and Sex and the City like made HBO. So it's Quibbi was without a flagship piece of content. Yeah, because they went for you know, and this is not even the drag what we were doing, but like stuff that felt like quick bites.
Speaker 2: No. And the thing is, though, I will say, is they took big swings. Like no one wanted to buy Fire Island. No one before it was a completed project at Quibi, right, no one wanted that, no one would touch it. Yeah, And there was originally a quick bite yeah, and then they were the only ones who were really who really believed in it as a project and like yeah, so I I oh, jeffre Yatson break by.
Speaker 1: I remember I remember walking from the our games to the office that Dave and I shared at the at Jack's over to your office and watching Joel put like the the index cards up on the board and they had the Fire Island plot points. Wow, when he was still creating it as like a ten episode.
Speaker 2: I mean it didn't change much from Quibi by the Way to us, Like I basically just took out the act breaks and like squeezed it together and made it one big long script.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, it didn't really change. But they would have made you cast like George Clooney as Conrad.
Speaker 2: No. We I mean we basically had like a full cast off like Boone was always attached to it, like I think you probably were, even because we were getting ready to film.
Speaker 3: I remember who my Charlie was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was like it was like we were there and then I don't know, it just it all changed.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, because did you now did you see I fa I think it was like Gay Times or something, and now it was like talking about the Fire Island sequel.
Speaker 2: I want this he was. He was pushed in the interview about the sequel, and I think he was forced to give an answer, and then they of course ran with it. Yeah, no, I know we've all been sucked over by had Like I think everyone has been asked about that. I'm not really that mad about it. But the thing is, it's like it's just it's not happening. Let's talk about legally blonde two, honey, let's talk about three reality.
Speaker 1: First of all, blonde, we we we can we can skip.
Speaker 3: It because now there's going to be another one. Yeah, is the real Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, But it's just like, let's talk about successful comedy sequels, especially rom com sequels. I think people think they want to see it, but they don't actually want to see it. Like I think what I want to do and what will scratch? That's the rare sequel that approves. But like I think, like I just want to cast the same fucking people in the same movie, do Christopher guest and just have like my okay, so do it and you'll be hearing from my Oh that's what I had heard.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, listen, I do still think Fire Island two Provincetown is a funny title, but I mean, but there.
Speaker 2: Was that summer we were workshipping a lot of ideas about how to like, how do how do they like reintroduce dex Like's character. Yeah, and I also had.
Speaker 1: An idea that me and Thomas's podcast exploded and we were rich and so that that was kind of a grifter and dating me for my money my huge podcast.
Speaker 2: I can't remember whose idea what it was that we just cast him as a different character and we're like, it, doesn't he look like everything guy?
Speaker 1: But Wickham remains in the story that Zay Phillips looks like every gay guy is crazy.
Speaker 2: He certainly does know. He certainly doesn't. Sweetheart, sweet gonna be well, no, I shoul you know. But but he's but there, there's gonna be a little re union, you know. We we might be working together the other night. I love such good end, such good ende, so funny, so nice, and it's so annoying. It's so annoying to look like that and to be smart and charming and nice and truly negative creature reader a not not capital R reader literally literature.
Speaker 1: He was always reading on set. He was always I remember my images in my image of Zay will always be I would go come out of my trailer and we would have like this like bench area where would always say it and he would be eating his chicken, drinking a hot coffee and doing the word yeah. And that was always his.
Speaker 2: And that's who he is on the inside. Ignore what you're saying on the outside, honey, because that is not him. That's not that is not him.
Speaker 3: It gets easier when you're around him a long time.
Speaker 2: No, it does, I will say, though, like it is genuinely like I remember filming our meat cu moment in the movie and being humiliated. It's like what and what will happen now he's in la. This has happened three or four times. It is so infuriating. Will be at one of these like stupid gay parties and some guy will like come up Andy, Like We'll be standing in a clumb next to his ay and he'll introduce himself and be like, Hi, I'm Joel, and like he'll go around the line and get get Desayane and be like, oh my god, you're the guy from Fire Island and I'm like standing there paid fucking dust and I am like it is. I was like I fucking made you and I will brought you into this world. Wait, wait, let's just speak on this because I experienced this recently of getting the nerves when you're acting with the hot person. Oh not that it doesn't, it happens all the time, but certain people really fuck your shut up. Where I was like John Ham was hosting us, and now I was just like huh, like we were playing a couple, and I was just like, wait, I'm scared, like this is like this is like I'm this is He's there's no reason to no reason to feel nervous around him, just such a wonderful person. But I was just like, wait, but you're so first of all, you're Don Draper, second of all, you're so handsome. Third of all, you're so funny, like like just so many wonderful things about that man, and sometimes it it knocks me off my center. It knocks me. For me, I was just and like, trust me, I've seen what people have said about it, like of course this guy cast this guy to be like uh no, to make out with whatever, but like no, you do think you do take yourself out of it a little bit, and suddenly those little you're inner saboteur comes knocking behind and you're like, what are people going to say when they see this? Right? You know, but it's not even that. It's just like there's something in the space of acting with someone where you're just like, oh, I mean I genuinely thought that way. The reason we cast Conrad is because Conrad made me get in our chemistry. I was so flustered because he is such a vibe, like I mean, a hot man, like on paper just physically pictures, yes, it reads he's very hot. But then you get with him and like that close to him, and it's just like the nerves are like it's crazy because he is so charismatic and such a vibe and like gravitational feeling distorted. He's great. I want nothing for the best for all of you, except for one person I want. No, it wasn't you. Is this real? No? No, No, Everyone's family. Everyone's family.
Speaker 1: The chain is alive for birthdays, the chain is alive for when someone.
Speaker 2: Runs in ex Yeah true, I will say. So. We were briefly evacuated during the La fires. John Michael was like, we should the night before and I live in an area that is normally not affected by fires at all, and he was like, we should pack go bags and I was like okay, like thinking this is never going to affect me. I don't need to do this. So I just packed to go back with my passport and my uh social Security card, which apparently is not enough. Yeah. I was gonna ask no and nothing else. And then the next day I drived San Diego for a gig and I get the evacuation noticed and he said, don't worry, baby, I grabbed your go back before we went, and I went, but did you look inside of it? And he said no, why would I you need to? And of course this is this is an impasse that you get to with your partner where you're like, I'm mad at you, but I know I have no I have no standing legally in a court of law. I have no standing. You told me to pack the bag. I did not pack any underwear, toiletrees or anything. So he just grabbed an empty and he just grabbed the empty bag. But what he did decide in the moment of panic to grab was the glad Award and the gothmain Ward, oh the Cudestic, because he was like, he was like, I don't know, I just like maybe you might want these, like something, this is so funny. Not any underwear or toothpaste up, sorry, but like we do sit at home alone and play the newly went game. Just to practice, because just practice, because the and the and the real strategy here is it's not about answering what you really feel. It's about answering how you think your partner will answer. It's mentalism.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, it's a mentalist.
Speaker 2: There was a mentalist at the screening last night, and he blew my mind. Anyway, we'll keep talking about.
Speaker 1: This, no irene, no no, no no no wait wait but no, I was not going to say, because like he he he knows that if someone asked, what is Shole's favorite movie?
Speaker 2: Obviously that's a ridiculous question, a crazy who has it? Like if you have a favorite movie? I don't think so, honey, like grow up. But he knows the answer is my best friend's wedding. Yeah, answer for him. Ist versus the world. And so now when.
Speaker 1: You're put in the situation where you have to play the newlywed game, you know, speaking of being awed, do you have something?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I think you have something to ask Chure Awards. Here's the real announcement for the pod. Here's the real thing. I was not brought on to promote Love Hotel. I was not brought on to anything else. I was brought on for this announcement and this announcement alone after after years away that these two let's get textile, textile, don't forget me in the circle Bowen Yang and Matt Rogers are in. Can we say what we're planning on doing, not when, not when, but for the for the NOLA, we're doing joint bachelor parties, separate houses, so smart, separate house, separate houses, and then we've joined together for one night. The rest of the time we just get to be for the last time with our friends before we'd never see before. You can never sleep with anyone again. I yeah, I know, I'm really excited. You know, we're not finding out what the other person is wearing to the wedding until the day of Well that's beautiful. And what's happening is my stylist is coordinating that we don't look insane and then also coordinating with whatever you guys, cause it's sort of going to be like a free free for all, like un he will just like I will send you like color palette and just like live within that world. But like, yeah, I'm not I'm not gonna be precious about like everyone where everyone thank you, because my my big ripe, biggest scripe with weddings is there's such a single use fashion right to it.
Speaker 3: It's like a wardship. It's like, oh, what do you mean, I can only wear this once?
Speaker 2: You know, thank you for so we can like go from our own you can pull from the closets. Are you thinking? I don't know yet he wants me to do the mood board because it's I kind of wanted to be like, well, obviously like he's gonna probably wear white and I'll probably wear black because I and the boy and he's a girl, but I I do sort of and this was this actually came to mind watching your film, is I would love to reference situational Korean wedding wedding outfit, but like not not the full giche, but like some embroidery, it's something that's something that is like a reference to that because I do want to have that in my way, you know. Yeah. So that's sort of where I'm at right now, and we'll see what. I have no idea what that boy is planning for it, but again I will becoming in a traditional HM box hand bo I say it wrong, No, no, it's you said it. You said a great you say everything perfectly.
Speaker 3: I think I would slay them.
Speaker 2: Yes, gosh. But you know, Kim, she at the premiere, I got to tell her to her face, is like, your ball challenge is still absolutely your football challenge is legendary, still one of the best. Drag Race.
Speaker 1: Premiere slation, Diva slation, the premiere she's making, let's jo up. I have to say, I didn't watch this last season.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it. It feels less urgent to watch it, I would agree, and yet also more in a weird way. Well, the ratings keeps, you know, it's feeling more and more distant for me. I mean I still watch it live when I can, when I have the chance, but it is like it does feel less like urgent like I used to be, like if I am not there seeing it like in that moment, like I am offline, I am not, you know, like so scared of spoilers, and now it just doesn't feel it doesn't feel honestly quite as much for us. Do you want to know why?
Speaker 1: It's because here's what it was for for us, and this is why we really loved it. Obviously, the queens were incredible and they were all like aspirational and older than us and smarter, Like it felt like they were funnier and smarter than us. Not to say the girls aren't giving now, but we're literally older than everyone watching the k And also another thing is we were watching at it at a time when it was very community building for us, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, at a gay bar, got older and and the show is just unfortunately, like I'm really excited for people to discover the show in the later seasons because unfortunately, I think what has happened is that you see these queens and they're they're all very talented. And this is not to take away, but it has become sort of like, oh, that's your that's Jinks. Yes, that's just New Jinks. Yeah, that's just her, And that's like giving someone and that's like, that's why Simon actually is my favorite of the New Reason I would agree Simone feels like she created a new arch lane archetype for herself and and that and I don't know that any of the other Reason winners have quite done that in quite a direct way. They're all wonderful. I love them. A huge Anympia fan, huge Willow fan. Yeah, like all of the amazing but that's not to take away from that, but like, let's be honest. When we went to drag Con, drag race is for and this is not a pejorative, no drag races for Katie's.
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna say kids, no, no, no, And I will say, like it did become like it.
Speaker 1: It was interesting because now I'm like, now with everything changing again, I'm like, because I remember we were at the DragCon promoting Fire Island and there were so many children, and now it's like they're really trying to divorce drag and you know, queer identity at all from like exposure to kids or whatever. And I'm like, how can you not say this is a positive thing, even if me as like a true faggot who like misses when there was lube commercials on logo watching drag Race, you know, I do miss that like rawness of it and the aspirational quality of what they were doing in terms of like I'm entering into the queer community and learning so much about this. I still was there and I'm like, you know what, these kids are empowered to be anything they want to be, and there was nothing weird about it. There was something ugly about it. There was nothing sexual about it, which is what they're trying to like make it all seem like it's like a grooming center, and it's like it was nothing to do with that. It was only empowering. Even if I felt like, oh, it's for kids now and straight people now, it's still felt like, well, we won in the fact that like this is mainstream culture.
Speaker 2: And to say like it's not urgent watching for like the three of us, it's not to say that it's not an urgently like no one is happier than trump On than Paul Charles, Okay, because the show it has made the show so important, so so important and just you know, allegedly, but it is it is sort of like I don't want to talk about the state of the world really on this, Let's keep it light, but like it does make this show. You watch these shows and we're so disensitized to it because we've so we've like.
Speaker 3: Been lucky to have seen it, to see it exactly.
Speaker 2: But like, you know, it's exciting that this is this continues to skyrocket and will continue to be an outlet for these kids. But the other thing that makes it hard to watch sometimes is that it drastically altered the landscape of what dragon the real Yeah, and it created an entire cottage industry that did not exist right, right, that did not exist for drag queens before. The model of what a working drag queen now looks like is so different from what it looked like back, you know, even ten to fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: But that's even changed back in the last couple of years, as like spaces close, as like laws start getting put into place.
Speaker 2: The show is very important, and I'm I have enjoyed the hell out of this season actually, Like I just remember Alyssa and Tatiana lip syncing and watching that live in a gay bar, like and the people reacting like you could just it was so utter joy y, you know, and like I just I enjoy getting together with my friends and watching it is a very nice communal Friday ritual. But it just like I feel ten thousand years old totally. I mean, it's the reason why like Survivors development cycle, and it's the way that has aged over time. Is well, they're facing a very similar problem in that the contestants now are so aware of the meta totally the world outside of they're so concerned about what the narrative is going to be. Yeah, and they know the game so well that they and actually all credit to queens like Corey King, who said in an interview she worded everything in those confessionals so that they would have to use her. Oh, was like, I know, the real winner of this show is who wins the confessional queen of the season. And to be honest, Corey was like fourth or fifth out, but one of the most memorable queens and has had such a like I think was number one on cameo for a while like afterwards and has like become like sort of like the winner of the season game. So yeah, she's and she knew going in how to do that, and I all credit to her, all like love and power to her. But it is also like it makes it less about the show about the show, I don't know, it's just like if it's like a different game than it was when when you know what I was gonna say about Survivor though, is that like that can age in a way that like somewhat linear, like more people like discover the show and retroactively get into it. But it's like no one was ever really going to bars to like meet up with their friends to watch Survivor necessarily, which is.
Speaker 1: Weird because you know what, now, actually they are. We didn't even go to Top tonight to watch it. They have a great watch party that I do every week.
Speaker 2: And what I'm saying, like with Root, with drag Race starting out like that and now with that dissipating as people get older, as people don't go out as much, with COVID whatever, like yeah, all these reasons, it's like it has lost some of that binding agent. And that's and that's not the show's fault.
Speaker 1: But Survivor is funny because like, Survivor is huge with nerds and gaze, Yeah, nerds and Gaze, and that is who was reflected in the casting too, and gay nerds like and I can't sometimes I get lost watching it because these people know the game so well.
Speaker 2: It's so they have to throw eight million twists into every episode.
Speaker 1: And you if you don't watch it with your full brain, you you missed.
Speaker 2: It can't be ambient.
Speaker 3: It can't be a drags can be ambient, which I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh, I mean the way I will put on I've watched certain seasons of Drag Race, like dozens of times probably at this point because it is just like.
Speaker 3: Season eight, season nine.
Speaker 2: Seas, you know, like the All Star season is also really exciting, I mean really excited about this insane Survivor esque all Star season that's about to come out.
Speaker 3: Wait, what is that?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure of Dragers, I don't I'm not sure how much has been announced, but it's eighteen queens. And I will say that the format, from what I have read the scuttle online is is that the format might mirror a certain other reality.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you see Bob the Drag Queen was like All Stars for losers? Damn yeah, Bob the Drag Queen.
Speaker 2: But like Bob is one of the few winners or queens from that franchise who can get away with saying that.
Speaker 1: You're sort of like, yeah, okay, you know what though all Stars is for losers? Like is something a drag queen should be saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Total total and it is like or one of the last winners who will say like whatever the whatever the fuck on that podcast, you know, because I just had a realization moment getting off Twitter, and like part of it was the reason I got off Twitter was I was hacked by the Russians en it was away from my account for four days and to pay a lot of money to a lawyer to get in contact with Twitter to get my account back, and then I deleted immediately because I kept a little note of all the things I would tweet if I had access to my account. And then I read it back after four days and I said, none of this is using, none of this is none of this is That's incredible that you did this. I was like, I don't need to say this about Ashley Tisdale, Like why would I say, Why would I say she said nothing? She's an innocent person. And I now have like it's just like your perspective really does shift, Like it's so crazy, like I am answering, I am not in the I try not to be in the comments. After years of doing this, you we all struggle with this, I know. But because the thing is is I know all six reasons why people hate me now and no one says, no one says anything different. It's all in the same six buckets.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, there is between it's it's it's it's a.
Speaker 2: Short list, and it's God blessed them, No one says anything new. I'm like, there's no new reasons to take me yet except the new string that I am seeing on some of my videos that come out, like on podcasts such as this is people being like, his work looks crazy? Why is he getting all this plas they've gotten botox yet? Bitch? Okay, I'm pushing forty with Rose giving filler that one I asked the seventh bucket now is that I see I've been seeing that like happen and I'm sort of like, huh, I guess you think that that's a function of time. I think I don't know. I think it's it's this weird. I think it's a weird it feels like counter and two like it. It doesn't feel like these both can be true. But I think it's because I both look older but don't look as old as I look, and that those two things combined have caused people like what confused people because I do look very much the same as I did ten years ago. I'm just saying that it's like the hair. Probably it throws there's one thing about framing the face that throws people off, and they're like, well, he's gotten work done. It's literally the hair growing out and getting permed. It looks amazing. I wanted to come in here and talk about like fucking white lotus, and I'm like, oh, that's a distant talk about white lotus. You know, I do want to talk about white lotus a little bit and say I think that My take on season three is that it is a lot of really captivating, wonderful moments that did not coalesce into so you were not ultimately at the season. I enjoyed my experience on a Sunday to Sunday basis of watching each of those episodes, But did I come away thinking like that it all came together at the end, like as like something meaning I don't know that I can say that, like I enjoyed. I really thought it was high quality performances really on an episode to episode basis, very good writing and good great moments. But the only thing I'm going to take away from that finale is Cary Kuon's monologue. Yes, the only thing.
Speaker 1: I think, so, I think see, I was so I'm a huge fan of season three, Like I loved pretty much every single thing about it. And I feel like the Walton Goggins and Amy lou Wood storyline.
Speaker 3: Like to me it was. It was also so.
Speaker 1: Personally gratifying because I was like, I was watching it and I sat there and I was like, you can't save broken people. They have to save themselves. They have to work on themselves. It doesn't matter matter how much you love them.
Speaker 2: The reason I think I will remember Carry Kuon's monologue and you will remember that is because that is so what you have lived and like what you a lesson you have learned in your own life. What do you mean like that, I mean broken people? Yes, right, you know, like that is a lesson that you have learned the hard way in many ways and you've connected, you know. And the Carrie Kuon monolog where she says like she has and listen, I do not think that we are as toxic as those three women were ultimately thinking about us as that. No, but I did have this moment because like we've talked about, let's get raw and real again his sisters, when I asked you to be in my wedding party, like we are we are dear like besties down and we will and I asked you to be in my wedding party because I know you will be in my life for the rest of my goddamn life. But we're also fucking busy. You live in two different cities practically most of the time. You are the busiest man in Hollywood. I'm very busy. Like we don't get to do these things. And like it's so funny when people talk about, like why I haven't been back on the pod, right, they assume as to be, But it's honestly because like when we do get to hang out, we don't want to do this, but we only hit so much time to see each other. We don't want to come in and do this when we do it. And but I when I asked you to be in my wedding party, I said, I know that, Like we aren't seeing each other like every week like we used to, and we aren't, like you know, able to go on like all the trips that we used to go on and all these things. But like when I think about the people in my life that matter to me, it's not necessarily like maybe the people that come to my house every fri it's it's it's you guys. And like that monologue really resonated because it really does have meaning. And like I think that that is like for me, it's like being in a relationship and like getting older, like both of those things combined. Like I really you recognize that because you really do have to be intentional about maintaining friendships when you are in a relationship, like yeah, and and and it's so hard to do because I am living and about to marry my best friend, you know, and so like I think like a lot of the things I used to like need from friendships are being provided. But like it's it's a trick. It's a trick though, because like I don't like we've we've also like been like we need to hang out with our friends without each other, like the you know, like we don't have to do everything.
Speaker 3: Does that happened more? And it has happened more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Like I you know, like we like I was just talking to Jared the other day, who shout out I'll announce Jared's also in the wedding, But like I was like, he was like, you and James should come over, and I was like, or I could just come yeah, yea, because that might like that might be nice. You know. It is interesting.
Speaker 1: It's like because it's all about like all of a sudden because life goes it does go by quick. Yeah, And then I feel like, what was so great about that episode and the arc that the three of them are going through was they will leave that vacation and they'll probably remember two things, the traumatic shooting that they survived and the fact that they were able to have a great last dinner yea yeah, And they won't even remember Valentine. They won't remember the pibitchy little comments. They won't remember that one of them was a little bit more drunk. They'll remember like this piece of it, and they'll remember how their relationship like got better and now has this like memorable like trauma bond moment again. And that's when life goes by like that. And then she's saying, like, you look at your choices. It's because it's the people that have been there for a really long time that you can see in different stages of your life. And then you can say, wow, like I have made choices to be this person who I'm sitting here right now, and now I'm sitting with two other people who are also have gone through the same amount of time and the same amount of development, but in a different way, like here you are about to get married. You know what I mean, Like you have a certain type of career which is like you know, keeps you busy and is in the stratus for all the time, and sometimes like you would think like maybe a third person in that would look at both those things and be like, I'm the carry coon, but we all are carrying feeling like the carry coon.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Michelle, I'm Leslie and your Carrie well, I mean Leslie.
Speaker 1: No, I well I now switched and you spend the most time in Austin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. And I smiled, and you would rob the closest to independent. He certainly hates the Democrats. Oh yeah, I guess that's the headline the Democrats. No, but I mean like it's I was.
Speaker 1: It was actually I can't remember the last time I spontaneously burst out in tears.
Speaker 2: I actually can.
Speaker 1: It was when he Wa Kwan was in everything ever all at once, when he was saying you have to be kind, like please be kind, I like spontaneously burst out in tears. But I was watching Kerry couldn't give that monologue, and I just I burst into tears because I was just like, it's true. As you get older, like it's not about like what haven't I don't or what don't I have? It's like very hard to get to a point where you're like, you know, the things I've done are enough, Like I've tried, you know, to develop myself. Like it's gone this way in a positive way, this way in a negative way, whatever that it all comes out in the wash anyway when you're still here.
Speaker 3: My mirror this season is thinking, he who is your father?
Speaker 2: At the end? I love yeah, when we got to see a little bite of her as a young which is real footnic. I mean. Also like the thing about him being the dad though, I was like, I said that the minute he said the story that his mom told him to Amy Lou, I was like, oh, well that guy is going to be your dad's the dad, like and they cast him very well.
Speaker 1: I will say that that part. I was like this week said we did see coming from a mile away, And you know what, I think would have even been a better reveal a monkey with a gun because because because here I want monkey with gun. Here's what I was thinking the whole time. How did Walton Goggins's character afford that vacation? What if it was revealed like he's been a trust fun baby his entire life, and actually he isn't this badass. He's just like this like sort of spoiled, like straight guy who's like the kind of guy who's like, I'm gonna wear like a funky scarf.
Speaker 2: I've been worried about a lot of the shit that I've said on this podcast so far, but this is like I don't really care, but like this is why he needs a writer's room, because this is one of my biggest problems with the storyline is I don't know who that man is.
Speaker 1: I do not know who that we could have gotten to a very funny thing, which is, where the fuck did you think you've got all your money from?
Speaker 2: Like your dad is the owner of this? Put it up on the board. Put it up on the board. It needs to be an index car.
Speaker 1: Just how because literally, how did that couple afford that vacation?
Speaker 2: It's it And that's the thing is like it's not super important, but it would have been nice.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Justification always makes things better. I feel like that is true in writing, Like justifications always make jokes funnier if you can get there, and justification always makes like, if you can strengthen it, I think it's always better than.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think, like for me too, like it's the fact that like the first two seasons were what they were, and even the third season was as strong as it was, is a miracle that he did this by himself, that he has that in it to do by himself. Because but I think, like the seams that we're now seeing and the disconnect that we're feeling with the third season is because like I don't think that one man can continue to play with the same ideas over and over and over again and create something that is going to feel as meaningful as the first. Yes, there are limits to Autertia, Yeah, that we need to come to. I don't disagree that that because he's not reinventing the show every season.
Speaker 3: He's yeah, no, well, I actually kind of like that about it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that the formula, like the formula for me, like really works, and I do think that there's been drastically different like things that have been said by both by all three of the seasons. I will say though, just out of principle, there should be a writer's rum on a show like that, that's what we're saying, just out of principle, because it is it is one of the last ways you can like appre this great writers and like you know what I mean, like get people started in the industry and this this has nothing to do with how talented and how brilliant I think he is, because ultimately, let's be real, all the creators and show runners rewrite all these episodes anyway.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that would be a huge win for the entire Yes, can I say I hate it from the beginning? Monkey has the gun?
Speaker 1: I advocate, I was a big advocate laughing, I'm not laughing.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's funny.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's funny to think about the monkey with the gun at all.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was going to be.
Speaker 3: It was pretty straightforward, see I.
Speaker 1: But but for me, it's just like when I saw Amy Lou would unable to run away from the toxic man who was going to get who was gonna it was gonna end badly for her. I was like, I've been her totally, and this is an important story.
Speaker 2: Those are y'all's mirrors for sure. Yes, And you are a famous actress who Asian wres who married a wealthy that wasn't.
Speaker 3: Really your mirror, that that was your actual mirror. I was gonna say my mirror was I am I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is that it's also fun to not have a mirror in the seities. Let's see. I am gonna say, I'm still thinking about Aubrey and season two and see that. But that's not that's not that's not it. That's not an answer to the question I I don't I probably don't have one for I mean, but but like, but that just goes to the show. There's different things being reflected in each of the in each of the seasons. I think that, yeah, I don't know, her character was fascinating.
Speaker 1: You know. My I've been pressuring my therapist into watching White Lotus because she's never watched it. I went in today and she's like, I'm halfway through season two. I fucking love it. Oh, she was like season one was amazing. I'm like, it was like, put some respect on season.
Speaker 2: One one's great, it's great. Well, and that can I just say. I don't want to beat up Mike went too much, because again I love his work. Enlightened is one of my favorite shows of all time. He's brilliant. We can talk about all this because he's brilliant. Yeah, because he's brilliant. But like, there was very little like with the staff this season. Yeah, this was the least amount of story, of impactful story that we got about the staff this Well, I might what was the storyline so the manager the Lisa? Can I say anything with Lisa?
Speaker 1: I think the reason why the Lisa thing feels weird is because they did not even expect anywhere near.
Speaker 3: A star at her level to want that part. And when she wanted that part, I.
Speaker 1: Think part of his hesitance was like, but the character does it is not consequential enough to justify her.
Speaker 3: But then she was so good and really wanted to do it, what are they going to do?
Speaker 2: Say no?
Speaker 3: I mean her acting is so srounded great, she.
Speaker 1: Just and ultimately I remember we were all like, and there's gonna be something with Lisa because there.
Speaker 2: Has to be. Why would you cast Beyonce in a show right not have her be like a centerpiece of the finality? And I think that probably was something that was on his mind during casting.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, should the role be more? I don't want to just make it more and change whole thing because it's her. But if she wants to do it and she's good enough.
Speaker 2: You didn't. Did you find any mirrors in the family? Are you a Lachlan at all? I might be, I might be a Piper. I might someone that's interesting, someone who wants to like individualize, and then realizes that like they are not going to go to such lengths to like like they have found themselves in the act of trying to find themselves in a different way, and then they swing back the other direction, like this is not.
Speaker 3: Who you also would rather die than be poor exactly.
Speaker 1: I loved her storyline as well, and when she was giving that monologue about like she was great by the way, great vibes she interviewed.
Speaker 2: She was my interview on Today Show when I co hosted. Oh really, such a cute vibe. Yes, she's adorable and she's talented and a trained opera singer. Wow. Yeah at Sunny Purchase.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's touch on housewives. Oh I want to pitch my Housewives? Yeah, start, we'll start there. We'll start there with the granular.
Speaker 3: Here's the show and this is literally consider this a pitch.
Speaker 2: Bravo.
Speaker 1: We're now in business, and Kyle goes to Aspen.
Speaker 3: Kyle starts her life over as a lesbian of the Woods, Kyle of the Woods, The the the The poster for the show is Kyle in her huge chemo sabi hat looking at the camera in the back.
Speaker 2: The Woods.
Speaker 1: Kyle starts over as a lover of same sex in Aspen where she wants to live. I'm sorry, she bes Beverly Hills. We start the show over. It's her, It's maybe a couple of her friends that come in. It's more like people visit from Beverly Hills to come see her, come in and out, and we see Kyle's new life in Aspen as a queer woman.
Speaker 2: I will say my only note, my only adjustment if I'm the executive sitting across the table, is I always say, we already have a winter landscape, and that is that is doing quite well. You know what I would maybe suggest, if you want woods, maybe Pacific Northwest. Say that maybe where she wants to live, maybe Seattle.
Speaker 1: And also I would say the fact that Saltlake City works as a reason to do it. Interesting, how about this Kyle of.
Speaker 2: The Mountains, Kyle of the Woods, Like j T tried to be. I like Kyle of the Woods. I like Kyle of the Woods. Is this Kyle the Wood sounds like a dangerous plant you shouldn't eat? Right, Oh honey, that's Kyle of the Woods. Kyle of the Wood. Don't touch that, Kyle out of your mouth? Is this modeled because I'm not watching the Denise Show? Is this kind of like the Denise Show? I like the show was.
Speaker 1: The way that they live their life is so crazy? But yeah, I guess it is. I mean, I maybe it doesn't have to be an ongoing thing. I just think maybe like eight episodes of Kyle living in Aspen, like exploring this new part of her personality. Because I don't think this is my kind of hot take about Beverly Hills. It's not there yet for a reboot, but I don't think we're far away, right, I don't think we're far away at all.
Speaker 2: It's getting the self production on Beverly Hills, I think is the worst of any of the franchises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're also afraid to say or do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's so like, I really like talk about something that didn't coalesce in anything, Like I'm so sorry Mike Waite. I meant to say that take that note away from White loas'll apply it to Beverly. Yeah, because by the end of that reunion, I was exhausted and I wanted to walk out like Garcala, so like.
Speaker 1: Sudden going to Garcel's room and Garcela not being there and just be like she's gone, and like like that being the way that their friendship ended. Like well, I don't know, how do you guys feel about the Garcela of at all.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch this, I didn't watch the part. I'm only I will say I'm only halfway through the third part, and again didn't feel urgent to finish in the same way that some of these other shows are. Right now, I think that. And I just actually presented an award with Garcel met her in real life so warm. So she's been on the show. She's a star star. I don't think she has it in her to be a housewive. I don't think she ever liked it. I don't think because she when the when the guns were pointed in her direction, handle it. It's not I don't even think that she couldn't handle it. It's she didn't want to do it. Like she didn't, like she doesn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: She went a really long time, I guess, five seasons without ever being the person in the hot seat.
Speaker 2: And like kind of far down on the couch always. And also not for nothing, but for something that I knew.
Speaker 1: When she was saying in the beginning of the season that she was positing the theory that the Dury the Dey robbery was staged. I'm like, you're gonna have to deal with say stand by that you will have to stand by, and I mean she did, but she hated that they had a problem with it, and it's like, well, of course they're going to have a problem with it, like and then and then you can't walk your way out of the insinuation you're making.
Speaker 2: You're very baldly making the insinuation, and lots of people did, and so like Santando's down, like you know, I but like I just don't know that she like she thinks in that way she has she and clearly doesn't need it in the same way. And that's not the difference. That's the difference is that I think like she was working really hard at the beginning, maybe because like it did kind of reignite a lot of things for her, but all those other women. I mean, the reason de read is is showing up right now, and then her lover hate is because she needs the check. And Garcella, one thing you can say about her right now is she's leaving not needing the check. She is making lifetime movies. Good for fucking her, you know, like she doesn't need it. And I think, like you could feel that, and I want them hungry and desperate and needing it, right. I mean, sutten unwatchable Kyle.
Speaker 3: I as you know my feelings on Kyle Erica.
Speaker 2: He'll make over the fact that Erica came for garcel for not being interesting. In Erica's one storyline this season was redoing her fucking living room. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I liked bos. I mean I thought that was like definitely livened things up.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, no, she's she's uh gonna be a major player for a while. You know, I don't know, it just it just felt icky, felt ikey, I don't believe that they're friends.
Speaker 3: And the and the and the Kathy sort of runaway moment.
Speaker 2: I was like, that is we've really let we've Unfortunately, I think we've fed the goose too much. Yeah, with Kathy, the future of the entire Housewives empire lies in one woman and one woman alone, and that woman's name is Stacy Rush. But still, I can we go back? Can we go back for a second. I actually believe that the relationship was not real, But I do believe that what she said to him was this will be really good for you your business, and then he extrapolated from there that she was paying him to be on the show.
Speaker 3: You're gonna trust Tim over her.
Speaker 2: He's clearly we've seen him on the show like it is like it is. To take his word for anything is actually quite exactly. I believe Stacy more than t J. I believe that she's not telling the full story, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: She's like with I think that one has some like I love her. He's got love blinders on.
Speaker 2: I got tip blinders on. She's got the most amazing Famously, her boobs are perfect. When you were saying the future of the franchise, I really thought you were going to say one word and one word alone, and that is Smia.
Speaker 3: I mean, you haven't started. I haven't started really good. So Atlanta has been because so Kenya.
Speaker 2: Moore just exited herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's been really I think it's been a really really compelling.
Speaker 2: Really works and the thing is great on the show, And I worry. I don't want to see a between her and she. Yeah, and I fear that it's like it's definitely happening. But like Mia starts the season like she is the center. She's in the center with a star and I didn't know she had And what I have since learned is that they have been that Bravo has known all along what that she has got the juice in that peach, but her husband wouldn't let her be more until now because I think he did not understand how powerful the show was until now.
Speaker 1: I honestly, it really is surprising because the first episode, the first scenes of the first episode are.
Speaker 2: All Shamia's amazing home, like.
Speaker 1: She's multi talented, she's got like this very full family, this big, full life like and it's just she's obviously great on camera.
Speaker 2: She gets it's like the way that they started fights but ended of them at the right und.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful, she got fashion, very connected to everyone already. It's like so surprising that they tried this with Marlowe before Shmiah, but I guess yeah, Shamia had like an extenuating.
Speaker 2: Circum Yeah, because yeah, it's just she's Yeah, I love it. I Porch's doing great, love Angela, love Kelly. Yeah, I like Kelly a lot. And and again, like the thing is is that, like ken you really it's so frustrating because Britt is not for the show. You know, I don't know, I can't. I agree with you. The thing is is like the threatening her with the gun is and like if we didn't if we didn't know what ken if we didn't know what was coming with Kenya, the entire audience would have been like, would have been behind Kenya. But then Kenya takes it to such an extreme level that is unforgivable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you, you just can't get past it.
Speaker 1: But also it's like it's like the look in her eyes when she was doing it, I was like, oh no, you gotta deal with stuff like this is this is so many other dark thing and can.
Speaker 2: I say too, like the big difference between a lot of what what Kenya did and say, like for instance, Porsche physically assaulting Kenya at the reunion and still coming here, I guess still being on the show. Is that what with Porsche? That was like a heat of the moment, in the moment thing that she immediate immediate remorse. Yeah, it was not premeditating, Kenya. The thing was fully she had to print, she had to go to fucking Kinko's. Yeah, and print revenge porn.
Speaker 3: She went out of her way.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we should also say it is not revenge porn because it was.
Speaker 2: Not legally not legally speaking, but we should be porn that was being used for shame and revenge. But I want to protect us legally. Yeah. Yeah, I'm Sunny Houston. Yeah, and legal.
Speaker 3: Kenya would see you lost coat.
Speaker 2: I don't put anything past anyone. Yeah, you're right, it's true because.
Speaker 3: You put do you put things past people?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Never, You've never been one to suffer fools. I don't put anything past y'all.
Speaker 1: That's your housewives tackling. I don't put anything past anyone except.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: This is mine. This is mine. I don't suffer fools, but I do suffer joint pain. Not suffer from suffer joint pain. Here's mine.
Speaker 1: I'm back on the East Coast and I'm doing the most Oh that's actually rhyme.
Speaker 2: Okay, ind go ahead. I don't know because I have my like, my go to one, but I don't want to do that one. I do want to do a new one. And it's like, I'm from Chicago, so you know, I know how to ride the brown line, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh my god, brown line as a euphemism for gays, like riding the brown line is time.
Speaker 2: About I'm a powerful woman in this scenario. So you don't know what it means.
Speaker 1: Right, It means you're taking it means you're a powerful woman taking it in the butt.
Speaker 2: But what if never mind, Yeah, we'll leave it at brown line. Writing the brown line can mean topping. It is verse vocabulary. Yeah, sure, but one would know.
Speaker 1: You know, he's coming out as all sorts of things. Bisexual. No, I'm saying this bisexual. I'm kinsy five, maybe four point five. But Matt is kind of twisting them into thinking that I'm a top, which I never have identified.
Speaker 3: I think it will be fabulous for you to try it.
Speaker 2: You've topped, I've topped. Yeah, I just don't. I don't wear that as an identity in a way that I think it's meaningful. Yeah, I mean, you know what I mean, he doesn't watch gay porn and see a mirror of himself in the top. No, it's always the mottom. Honestly, although I'm back in my I'm back back in the game in the case. By the way, getting subscribers to It's an iconic Angel Search for the Next l woods really still I get I get notifications every now and then it is still available on patreoon?
Speaker 3: Is it actually still available on Patrio?
Speaker 2: Search for the Next l was like I forgot until I just was listening to the other day that Patty Harrison herself wrote the theme Thank God for COVID. There's the God for COVID that Patty to do and we had nothing to do better than to make this podcast. And Patty was free enough and the only time she'll ever be free again to write the theme song for our podcast.
Speaker 1: Wait, so, if we're still getting subscribers to that made you made it that the scandal would be that we've accrued like thousands of dollars that we step is going to charity.
Speaker 2: It's now free. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Still on the Great podcast Segments, A cousin of.
Speaker 2: The Week was good.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do Ahusband of the Week he still references in general.
Speaker 1: Cousin of the Week was It was a segment on Matt and Joel and Joel on the Search of the Next album was where we said which of the girls was cousin of the week, who was giving the most energy? I have one, who's your cousin of the Again, this is all going to be dated, but my cousin of the week is congratulations on your opening sister, Hailey stein Yeah, yeah, she's because of the week, because of that flame dress. Yeah, and we won't say why. Yeah, but that dress is cousin. This is a Hailey Steinfeld stand positive queen. I believe she's the queen of pop. I do need her to release more music.
Speaker 2: Capital lists I will jam.
Speaker 1: First of all, don't even get me started on he Wants to Go? Which is that song? But also but there's what's the uh hell Knows?
Speaker 3: And headphones y.
Speaker 2: I love that where she's at the party slush shaming people. I love that. Oh she is not for the Bumblebee movie, the Transformer spin off Bumblebee called which is actually excellent. Really I need Yeah, it's like Bumblebee bumble Bee remember eighteen excellent? Watch it on a plane and you'll get your life love it. Okay, it's small, it's a small it's a character piece. And Haley carries always does all right. Yeah, my cousin of the week is Meghan Fay Hate and Drop. She because now my cousins have kids and they love their kids so much. And Meghan fay Hee and Drop was so determined to save her child. And if you haven't seen Drop, it's really really good. You know you would love it. Do you want to know why? It's because it's just like Red Eye? Oh that is Does someone else said that to me today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really fun. Jeffrey's self is great in it. Meghan's amazing, like she should be movie star down.
Speaker 2: Meghan being spiritually linked to Rachel McAdams feels so correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, And at the time Rachel McAdams was my cousin of the week. Here's a go, and so I would say cousin of the week. And also because I do feel we could play cousins. My cousin of the week is Megan fay Hate and Drop. Who's your cousin of the week.
Speaker 2: My cousin of the week is I did not really see a moment of this, but it just just I felt the cousin energy was Addison Ray showing up at the Argust at Coachella. I was like, I love that for her. Yeah, she's always going to be a cousin you know, Yeah, she gives cousin in that. Like I'm always like, she's got stuff going on. I don't know about it exactly. You know her of course, you know when I see the updates scroll on by, But like, I don't know what she's going I don't know what she's going on. My cousin Addison is doing things what they are I couldn't tell you, Oh, she shot a music video in Paris. But if you know exactly what your cousins are doing right now, grow I don't know what they're doing. But I will say, pep who are close to their cousins, that could be and I don't think so, honey for me. Oh frankly, you know who.
Speaker 1: Else kind of was giving cousin when she came out weight Weekend one by the Way, the Charlie set a Weekend one of Coachella was Billy, Troy and Lord All came out, which was only bested by Megan The Stallion set, which saw Victoria Mone Queen Latifa and Sierra.
Speaker 3: They did goodies, good luck looking at that.
Speaker 2: She finally stage that she spoke of. But Lord was kind of given cousin energy. Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Lord kind of gives cousin And you're one of Lord's Vegas fans.
Speaker 2: I will say that, like, especially she announced her new single. I saw that. I saw that so excited it would probably be out by the time it's called. What was that? Yeah, I can't know that way. Oh my god, you know, I love that sentence.
Speaker 1: I get text from Lord. Look, Lord, because I signed up for the mailing list. I love looking down on my phone and saying that, Lord, Lord texted you my new song.
Speaker 3: What was that? Out soon?
Speaker 1: Wendy William, Oh my god, look, and there's single art.
Speaker 2: She gave cousin energy and that she was finally for the first time in a while, she was the elder cousin in that in that lineup of people. Yes, she was the elder. He was the elder cousin, and like, you know, it's like that thing where it's like, yeah, it's just like because she for so long was the youngest in the entire family, and now that we're a little bit older, We're like, welcome, welcome, Yeah, welcome in. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, by the way, I just pre saved what was that on Spotify? It's probably out by now. Let me put this out. But I'm really excited. I need we need a powerful Lord era, absolutely, and I was gonna say we have needed a huge song and pop that ends with the word that not.
Speaker 3: I still think about the impact of why did you do that?
Speaker 1: I can't stop thinking about it. The one of the titles of Joel's episodes, ye to me. How have our thoughts on Stars Born sort of developed since that episode?
Speaker 2: Hmmm? I think the movie's even better. It's even better. I'm sorry to say that. After Gaga hosted, I was like, I need to fucking dig into this bitch once again. Yeah, so good, And I just the first twenty minutes of that fucking movie. The whole movie is take the Garden of It took me. It took me to the Garden beat. And I mean, she's so damn good, so good. Like I forgot about the moment where they're at the bar at the beginning. She was like, I'm here with Jackson Mane, like I don't know what's going on, Like like the way she right of like, I don't even know what's going on right now. I'm like, that's so sweet. We love Gaga, Love Gaga. Okay, what about you Stars Warn't you know? I haven't revisited. I just talked about it recently though, because I was talking about how she's so wasted in Joker too, Like why cast her in that role? And why do why do bad singing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Why why cast lady to be a bad singer? Like it doesn't correct, Like it seems like such a waste. Like Gaga is a as a singular entity, will forever be iconic as a musician, as a pop star, as a as a as a person of the culture, and as an actress. But I do think after seeing The Penguin, you could selet Christine Chris Kristin Mili into any role that Gaga has ever done. It would be, oh my you are except for Starsborn, except for Starsbourn, except of course. But wow, I know she was. I know you're close personal friends now.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but you just want Kristin Mili to work more. We all want that. I just think she is so brilliant. You guys just not wat I watched Okay, well, she's amazing. But I mean I came on here and said, sang the praises.
Speaker 2: That is the way you in this world where we cannot sell anything that is not connected to an existing I p like, that's the way you do it is you sneak in like women's that the Penguin is not a story about the penguin. It is about women stories. Women's stories matter. They wrapped up women's stories in a fucking Penguin piece of cheap to these boys that didn't know what was about to hit. And Colin was amazing and Colin and yes, no, and that's not to discount colins performance, it is incredible as well. But like I was so impressed with that show because you could have never you could not know what Batman is and enjoyed as And in fact, I had to convince many people who were like, I don't want to watch a Batman show, and it's not a Batman shows, it's a show about women. Yeah. But can I say Gaga would have been great in Penguin? She would have she would have No, No, it's true, I maybe not better is that? Maybe that's not the verbiage I want to say, But like I do think that like you're seated for either of them. Of Christian Yes, that's I think what I mean I wanted. I want House of Gucci too, with Lady.
Speaker 1: Like I can't get enough of I can't get enough of House you know, you know best of the answer House of Gucci.
Speaker 2: Salmahayak.
Speaker 3: Salahi will do the goofiest ship.
Speaker 2: She will.
Speaker 1: She is down to clown like I'm ready to do. I don't think so honey.
Speaker 2: This is I don't think so mony. This is where we take one minute to go off on something in culture. Matt has something. He is ready and rearing to go. This is Matt Rogers. I don't think so many time starts.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think so honey. Not enough utilization of the icon Salma Hayak in media across television, film.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear the album.
Speaker 1: We need salamahaiks Pino's debut album, by the way, House of Gucci. We needed the lesbian scene with Lady Gaga and Salamahayak. A'm saying and now, in the year of War twenty twenty five, we needed that. I don't think so honey that we didn't get it and they shot it where's the deleted scenes? Bring back DVDs? That's another topic. Yeah, I don't think so, honey. The Marvel movie they tried to do with all of them, and they kill Samahayaka right away.
Speaker 2: Eternals, No, I guess not.
Speaker 3: I guess very very temporary.
Speaker 1: That set of eternal And I don't think so, honey, that we talk about Salama Hyak in this casual way you should be bowing down to Salma Hyak has impact that we're not even understanding or recognizing, and we need to change that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so hard. And that's one minute, just a little like astisk to you. I don't think so, honey. Is that like? I don't think so, honey. Marvel changing the line reading in the original trailer for the Eternals, you can clearly hear Samahayak say and we've tired it. I think we've talked about this on the pod before Theos with you know, and she says it like that, and then we go and watch the film. We sit down for the film. Me and my life partner go down and sit for this film, excited to hear the line, and they changed it. They changed it to thanos. They made her go back. They made her go back into the ad R booth and say, Thanos, I've got some I've got it. I don't think so honey, let's go this. This is I was gonna do it, I think, But I'm like, I got nothing.
Speaker 3: This is Bowen yangs. I don't think Sowanny his time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so many eightyr and this is coming from an eightyr legend. I slay the ADR booth because guess what I'm doing. I'm matching tone, I'm matching acoustics, I'm matching lip flaps. But sometimes it doesn't need to happen. Sometimes we stumble on our words and sometimes the audience doesn't have to understand us. Sometimes you can just cut around. You lose the whole damn line EIGHTR. Sometimes I don't mind it, but sometimes they count you in and they sink it in wrong. Sometimes it's just sometimes it's humiliating. You see, I don't want to see my fuck ups up close. And maybe it's okay to sit with that. Maybe it's okay to not go back in the booth because.
Speaker 1: You know what, I like Sandra Bullock Rumbull with five seconds. I'm not gonna voiceover in general, and ADR is my one safe space. But now I'm ready to let that go because I don't think it's worth it.
Speaker 2: And that's one minute.
Speaker 1: I also, I've never notice it exactly every single time, and I I'll go into do ADR and I'll be like, I'll see what the issue is and I'll be like, so I think it's better to do obvious ADR over this. It's something about the post process that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: And when eight R is obviously it drives me. Sometimes it's necessarily you get moments like Dans.
Speaker 1: You get, first of all, who's to say it's not actually pronounced yeah, a different gaalxy American that they did that well, it is like I think that they saw because there was like a little bit of it was a little viral for that reason, and I think that they were like, this is a serious film, Okay, that is ridiculous. First of all, here's what here's my question do we think And this is my question to you someone who's seen Eternals. Was her performance in the moment where she said tanos like so stunning that they felt like they had to use the tono's take, And maybe she said Danos eight other times, but they just didn't like those takes.
Speaker 2: I don't know, gives a brilliant I mean comedic. I think is Sama is like independently wealthy in a way that like she the reason we don't see Salma is because Salma does not want to be seen, doesn't need to need to work. Yeah, yeah, she She picks and chooses the weirdest things, like that Black Mirror episode she did. Oh, I love that. It's so incredible. It's so incredible, But like you, I'm sitting there watching it and I'm like, how did they get her? How do they get her? I think it's an opposite thing. I don't think people go to her enough.
Speaker 1: And people just assume that she's comfortable. Yeah, I think people. I think people should roll the dice more on Salma. I think filmmakers need to shoot their shot with Salma more.
Speaker 2: She is, like she's so willing to do big like big take, big comedic swings, big character choices like lastar nominated actress. Yeah forget incredible, incredible, thirty rock legendary, like one of the best of all time guest stars, reoccurring guest stars on that show. Huh. And she was one of the best press and almost I would say all of his girlfriends stuntcasted girlfriends on that show. Falco. There was another one.
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Banks Yeah, and then Lachlan's mom Emily right, yes, yes, yes, bones, Avian Bones, yes yes bones. I just want to say, I know this is cheating, but like I have been here in a while. The other two I didn't think so honeys that were going to do other than one is a I don't think so many people who text their email address or phone number in this not in a separate text to make it easily copy and pastes. That is texting etiquette. One O one. As far as i'm do not send me your email addressor phone number in the body of a large block of texts so that I cannot get to it and I have to do my instagram dms. Instagram ms are especially are hard, you know, and it's just like I I cannot stand it. I was like, now I have to I have to do this manual. You've changed my behavior, Thank you, thank you. And the other one was people who say, wow, that really made me laugh the group chat, because you are upending the entire ecosystem of haha, l o l ha. You've now you've now downgraded. No, now it's an impact. You've really pulled the curtain. And I'm seeing like, oh with that that pithy thing that I said, that got four haha reacts on the chain. How do you feel about this?
Speaker 3: How do you feel about these two words? Actual law?
Speaker 2: You've broken this the illusion? I say, actual law. It's and the thing is, what does law mean? What does lam does mean? Should this episode be called actual law?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What? What about this? I'm laughing? I love, I love, I'm laughing. I'm laughing. It's like all of it though, it's just sort of like, oh, that took me out? Did it take you out? Did it really? That took me out? I'm laughing? Is general use, so many use cases for it. If you're actually lolling, say it applies if you're just lolling, you know, for for etiquette purposes. Great, I'm laughing is the way I'm laughing. You, I promise you I really am. Like if I say I'm laughing, I promise you I really am. Haha emoji or haha whatever reaction thing. I can't promise that I'm haha.
Speaker 1: I can promise that I I can wrap that.
Speaker 2: I did think it's fun. Yeah, it's an intellectual exercise. The haha react.
Speaker 3: Yeah that made me laugh. I don't like I'm laughing.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing. Yeah, Wow, that really made me laugh. Fuck you Yeah. And I of course I have actual law. I have friends who do real grin RG. No, I'm so sorry they're fans friends anymore.
Speaker 3: They're God what about Ball, Well, it's still it's like going.
Speaker 2: It's the cycles are moving too fast, Like we had Chucky for just a brief moment and now he was.
Speaker 1: Never Hubs is apparently the new one Hubs Hubs.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's how you refer how Jen Alpha is referring apparently to people that they have crushes on, and correct me if I'm wrong. I believe it's it's yeah, it is associated with that word. But I this is this is direct intel from Maya Rudolf about her fourteen year old I see so like it could just be whatever in l A. I haven't done the research or you know, I haven't asked Edgeball. I really are people are people?
Speaker 1: He does I'm doing it. Wow, I just burst out. I just burst out laughing. Well, I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: The same sort of over the top like nonsense as rolling on the floor. Sorry, get off the floor, off off the floor, rolling around filthy. Okay, now I'm ready to Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So after two I don't think so honeys here's Joel's real I don't think so honey. This is Joe Kimbushers. I don't think so honey. As times us now, I don't think so honey. Singing competition shows. I'm talking about you, American Idol. Guess what, American Idol. You did it on the first try. You found her.
Speaker 2: Okay, hang it up. We don't need you anymore. We do not need the voice, We do not need X factor, We do not need America's got talent, two fine singers for us anymore, because guess what, there is no monoculture. There is no monoculture, and your gig, your little playbook, only works if everybody's watching, and no one is watching anymore, not all of America. Okay, there are two many questionions. These are professional karaoke competition shows with a cash prize at the end, and that's okay, that's okay. Sell them on that, promise them a career. Do not promise them that the stars, because many of them will not be stars. They will end up as the third replacement on Broadway of a B tier musical. Okay, it's job a BET tier musical. I guess I don't want to take away jobs from people. But I'm just saying, let's frame what you are appropriately, and that is a karaoke companies to show with the prize cash prize.
Speaker 3: And that's one minute. Okay, Edge, I just stood up clapping.
Speaker 2: Edge. Edge suck, Edge suck. But I would like to say for the reg and I told you this before the record, I am watching, I'm still watching, I'm watching American Idol, I'm watching the Voice. I'm watching it all happen. Amazing talented people come through there. But the fact of the matter is is that no one is famous anymore. It is like so crazy it makes me honest, it makes me laugh when people, as an insult, are like I don't even know who this person is, and it's like no one else there is not there is not one person, there are not There are very few people, I should say, right that everybody knows. Yeah, like it just doesn't exist. And in a world where that doesn't exist, and it's so fractured that like, you can't you couldn't create another Kelly Clarkson, right, you couldn't, like and the reason why, like it did, it was successful up until a certain point through you know, we got Fantasia, we got Carrie, we got Jennifer Hudson, et cetera, Clay, but like that was still back when we were talking at the Water Schooler about television and there's just no monoculture anymore, and that only you could only create a stars like that.
Speaker 1: But when there is a monocle, you know what's funny is like, who technically is an American Id'll find is Benson Boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found that.
Speaker 1: The only reason he's as famous as he is is because he quit abruptly. So he he was on American Idol. He gave this insane audition, like this amazing audition, and Katy Perry was.
Speaker 2: Literally like, do you want to win this show? You can't.
Speaker 1: If that's what you want, you can win the show. And then he like made it to I guess like the live rounds or whatever, and then was abruptly gone. I think because someone got in his head and was like, yo, if you want a real career.
Speaker 2: Don't stays to the live shows, do not. Yeah that that that happened recently with another contestant, a young girl who was giving like a Taylor Swift, like the Air Apparent, and like by the time she made it to the lives, she was out because of the contracts. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And that's one other thing that is a problem with this is that like you're locking these people into things that like maybe not necessarily help them. Yeah, do you listen to this podcast? I watch it? I listened to it. Was do you watch I listened to it. There's a lot of holes in your story already. I listened to it when it for me, it's a touchdown for me and my friends. Okay, I don't listen to it when it's stars. You don't listen to it when it's starts. I don't listen to it. Listen to the Gaga episode.
Speaker 1: I have listened to the Gaga app so obviously, so there's lots of holes, Okay.
Speaker 2: And I listened to the Kelly I listen. I guess for me, I was did the Kelly corson I was what two years ago? The thing was, I listened when there's stars that I know matter to YouTube.
Speaker 1: M So did you listen to that dropped?
Speaker 2: That dropped today? I watched her. I don't think so, honey collapse to her as a scholar of the form, I think it was a fantastic I don't think she did great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you did great, and you did great, and I did great today everybody did. This was a wonderful return to form.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, people will harald this as a return to form. We're back, Yeah, I mean, like, listen, I've listened to the Cold episode.
Speaker 3: Nineteen times, white, No, no, no, the recent one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Reason Friends, I literally we said we were trapped in a burning Man exit line for about eight hours and we only had the podcasts that were already downloaded on our phones to listen to. We went back and listened to it again.
Speaker 1: I forget about that as a thing people can do, Like people can have favorite episodes of a podcast. Is sweet, Like I we have that, Like we listened to that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we revisit Meg's episode constantly. That was what I got to buy your car? Yeah, yeah, we visited I Feel like people a new classic in the Gabby Windy episode. That one is great too. But like I think like it makes me sad sometimes because I want to be tactile with my sisters. I want to be I want to want to be in the room. You want to be in the room.
Speaker 3: You want to be with you want to be just had her on my podcast.
Speaker 2: She was amazing. She's just great great. That was really good. And again I did listen to that one too, But it's okay.
Speaker 1: It's lots of holes and maybe that's the title of that lots of holes. No, but we have we have actual lull. We have lots of holes, and we have riding on the brown line. Maybe right on the brown line.
Speaker 2: That feels the best, Joel, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, what else would feel the most sol is to plug his project.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so you can listen to Bad Days that comes out every Monday. I think I want to say every Monday, uh or Tuesday. Somebody comes out every it comes out on a weekly basis. Matt's been on. I haven't gotten bone yet, I haven't landed my wife. You can watch Love Hotel every Sunday at eight Central, following Real Hoss Atlanta on Bravo, not on anymore.
Speaker 3: Wait seven Central, but following Atlanta, I might have gotten around.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's or maybe I got maybe it's not following Atlanta. Maybe it's lead into Atlanta. It's just on Sundays. But it's just on Sunday. It's got to be following it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But if I'm programming Bravo, I'm putting it on after it. Yeah, so catch that. The show is fucking fantastic.
Speaker 2: It is. I want to see. It's going to be. Really it's very different from anything that they've ever tried to do. I think it's you know, obviously I'm biased, but I think it's it's it's a compelling watch and you'll see these ladies in a very different light from their respectives.
Speaker 1: And wait, it's it's Shannon, gizl Ashley and them. Okay, so I like one of them some of the people.
Speaker 2: I like one of them. The thing is, you'll get your life watch you. It will take you out. Yeah, and you'll be on the floor because I'm laughing.
Speaker 1: Matter watching it's writing the Brown line, period period.
Speaker 2: Unless we'll discuss, and then let's discuss. I want I want to support my sister writing on the Brown line. What else? And then yeah, I guess like loot will be out later this year, and other things to be continued to be continued.
Speaker 3: We and every episode with a big old song.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I forgot about this.
Speaker 3: Oh lots of holes.
Speaker 2: The stars aprightly shine.
Speaker 4: The it is the day, the night I've got You made it your own, carry under what everyone by.
Speaker 1: Last.
Speaker 2: Culturacis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Inheart Radio.
Speaker 1: Podcasts, created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yek, Executive produced by Anna Hasnier and
Speaker 2: Produced by Becka Ramos, Edited mixed by Doug Bami and Nikla Board and our music is by Henry Mursky