Speaker 1: Listen Media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newarthan. Today we're joined by Brody Henderson, Chester, Floyd Randall, Williams, Alyssa Smith, Christine Siwicki, Marge Smith, Logan, Dove and Chili. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for meat eaters for verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the start of the week. This week we're looking at the number fifteen. That is the percentage of multiple choice questions that are in the board game. Now, in the regular show that number is ten percent, but I wanted to make the game more approachable for hunters and anglers of all skill sets, so I slightly upped the ratio of multiple choice questions for that reason. Fifteen the questions or multiple choice, How does that strike you? Randal you like it or would you rather be like five percent?
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I don't really like the multiple choice I understand the rationale.
Speaker 1: What's the rationale, well, to make it more to.
Speaker 2: Make it more approachable for users of all there you go levels of experience. But I would assume though, that someone could for some of the multiple choice questions just forego the options as they're reading it to their competitors and just.
Speaker 1: Make the multiple choice. Well, here's why that wouldn't work. Sometimes it'll be like which of these meets has the most calories or something like that, or which one of these people was born first. So if you want to play on hard mode like Randall, you could with the board game, But for everyone else, just use the multiple choice questions.
Speaker 2: I do like to make things more difficult.
Speaker 1: Meeting or Trivia, the only board game where conservation always wins, comes out this fall. Here's our zero percent or question of the Week, which tests how much knowledge players have retained from previous shows. This question was from episode four oh six. The topic was hunting, and nobody got it right. Name two of the five states in America that killed the most geese? What do you got? Start naming them? Two of the five states that kill the most geese, Michigan, South Dakota. North Dakota is one of them. Keep going, Minnesota, Minnesota, is one of them. Minnesota's two, North Dakota is five, looking for one three y and four. No, no, no, no. Texas is number one. We're missing three and four. Those are California and Maryland. So the top five states are Texas, Minnesota, California, Maryland, and North Dakota. They kill the most geese each year in the country. We have some housekeeping to get to. In a previous game of trivia, I asked who is the only person that has a national park named after them? The correct answer was Theodore Roosevelt, but a few listeners wrote in offering a second and third answer. Some folks pointed out that Bryce Canyon National Park is named after Bryce Canyon, which is named after the pioneer Ebenezer Bryce. Now, technically the park is named after the land, and the land is named after a person, so it kind of falls in a gray area. What does the room think? Should we give them credit for Bryce Canyon? Here's the question one more time as a reminder, who is the only person that has a national park named after them? Should we accept Bryce Canyon? No? No, no, okay, I was leaning the other direction. I'm with you me Chester, Maggie. The rest is it Bryce Canyon National Park, the Bryce Canyon National Park, and Bryce Canyon is named after Ebenezer Bryce. Okay, the room has voted on a no. Here's the other one. A few other listeners wrote in saying that the answer Sequoya National Park should also be accepted. Here's why. Sequoia National Park is named after the Sequoya Tree, and those trees are named after the Cherokee leader Sequoya, so similar to Bryce Canyon, the park is named after a feature that is named after a person. Should we accept Sequoya National Park? No? No, No, is it just I don't think it's Sequoia Tree. I think it's just no. No.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like Brod, not like Sequoya Dash something.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me if you knew Sequoya was the name of that leader and you put that down and they said it didn't count, you wouldn't for Isola complaint.
Speaker 3: I go if I'm gonna stick. If I'm gonna stick with the Bryce Canyon thing, I don't think you can go the same way because it looks.
Speaker 1: Like it's King King's Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Park, But I believe they're probably managed by the same folks and probably each other or something.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if it's named after the tree, it's not named after the Cherokee leader, but the tree is named after the Cherokee. It's like, once removed.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bryce Canyon thing. Then I could see you just throwing a little fit over there.
Speaker 5: Well, Bryce Canyon has two words, and Sequoia is just one word, so that one's closer.
Speaker 1: Okay, is more split. Listen, I would have given it to you if you would have argued with me in the moment and said, well, it's actually named after this thing and that thing is named after this, but uh, the room feels otherwise. So we're not accepting Bryce Canyon and we're not accepting Sequoia National Park. That means the only answer then is Theodore Roosevelt.
Speaker 3: Well we I thought you're the one.
Speaker 1: Well sure in this case, though I was, I was torn on it. I thought the room would come in on on my side and be like, yeah, I give it to him, of course, but here we are. Sloppy doesn't count.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: The Shelby Index for today's round is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers, and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop phil.
Speaker 5: On the colored lightwise battery, So you have to use your imagination.
Speaker 1: Okay, get my flash shot up.
Speaker 2: Game on suckers.
Speaker 1: Question one. This will be multiple choice as always. According to a twenty twenty three survey, Americans in this profession have the quote happiest most meaningful work on Earth? Is it foresters, biologists, game organs, or fishermen? This is according to a twenty twenty three survey. This is a quote they had. Americans in this profession have the happiest, most meaningful work on Earth? Is it foresters, biologists, game organs, or fishermen? Chester with a quick answer, Chester, how happy and meaningful is your work?
Speaker 4: Unbelievably happy, especially when I fishing?
Speaker 1: Okay, great answer, Chess is trying to influence the room. Does everybody have an answer? Again? Your choices are foresters, biologists, game organs, and fishermen. For who has the happiest, most meaningful work on Earth? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 1: Has anyone been a Forester, biologist, game organ or fisherman in this room? Chester? Fishing in the weekend? For while I does not count, he had fishing.
Speaker 2: Guy on TV show that counts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, fish competitively? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying biologists. Alssa is saying biologists, Chile saying foresters, Randall's saying foresters, Christine saying foresters, Marge saying foresters, Chester saying biologists, Brody saying fishermen. The correct answer is foresters.
Speaker 3: I'm on the board did pretty well.
Speaker 1: The survey simply asked people how happy they were with their job, how much meaning it brought them, and how much stress it caused. Foresters won in every category, reporting that they were incredibly happy, felt a lot of meaning, and experienced very little stress. On the other end of the spectrum, where people who work in finance and insurance saying that they have low happiness, little meaning, and lots of stress. So do you want to talk Alissa, which you'd be in finance right? Do you? Does that resonate low happiness, little meaning and lots of stress.
Speaker 3: Get on that microphone the whole true Foresters are, they're happy, they say that they're not stress and they get a lot of meaning from their job.
Speaker 1: So go be a forester. You'll enjoy what you're doing. Question two the topic is hunting. This next great question comes to to be a Cordy Betton court. What subspecies of elk is only found in California?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: What subspecies of elk is only found in California? What's the chili? Trying to coax an answer out of the room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I think I should like when I come on the show, I need a handicap, you know, So I need like at least a bone thrown my way every every three questions, every two questions.
Speaker 1: Randall and Brody have it right? Chester? Do you have this one right as well? I think so, Chestering? What was the emergency exit from the room?
Speaker 4: Just, dude, I ate some mussels.
Speaker 1: My stomach?
Speaker 4: Oh, Richards, I went out there to just burn.
Speaker 3: How long ago?
Speaker 1: Chester's It's it's one fourteen right now.
Speaker 4: It wasn't It was like twenty five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep it to burp lunch.
Speaker 3: Where did you get these muscles out?
Speaker 4: They're really good. They're canned muscle. Oh and it's like spicy muscle. And I put them on a cracker with some blue cheese like spread.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm glad my office is a couple of doors down.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. Again, what subspecies of elk is only found in California? Does everybody have an answer? Christine, Marge, are you ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying Roosevelt a listen without an answer, Chili without an answer, Randall saying Tuley, Christine saying Roosevelt. March saying Roosevelt drew a nice elk forest chest. You're saying tou lee. Brody's saying tou Lee. They got it. The correct answer is touley too, Lee. Elk, we're near hunted to extinction. Biologists estimate that the California heard was once half a million strong, but by the mid eighteen hundreds there were less than thirty of them left. There are about six thousand and two the elk in California today, with some areas supporting a hunting season for them. Has anybody ever seen a tuo le elk?
Speaker 3: Yep, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You saw one like in California? What were you doing there?
Speaker 3: This is visit my sister a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Do you think of you to put one next to a rocky mountain elk or smaller you'd have seen it.
Speaker 3: I think they're like smaller bodied for sure.
Speaker 1: Question three, the topic is cooking. The CDC recommends humming this song twice while scrubbing your hands with soap is straight from the CDC. They recommend that you hum this song twice while scrubbing your hands with soap.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm not washing my hands right?
Speaker 1: Well, then maybe you have the wrong song. Brody, No, I don't have a song.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought he just said I'm not washing my hands.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 1: The CDC recommends humming this song twice while scrubbing your hands with soap. Does anybody know this or was it just a bunch of guessest? This whole sign of the table was pretty I think I know it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just basing this one off my childhood.
Speaker 1: The CDC recommends humming this song twice while scrubbing your hands with soap. Marge, are you ready.
Speaker 2: Wash your hands after you coughed out there and your's.
Speaker 1: He burped into your hat? Chili? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: I'm not wearing it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have logan saying clean up, Melissa saying ABC's chili saying happy and you know it. Randall is saying happy birthday, Christine saying Happy birthday, March saying the ABC's Chester saying ABC's Brody saying Happy Birthday. He crossed out row row, row your vote. I like that we have a correct answer in the room. It's happy birthday. A few folks got it right, Randall, Did you get that? I did? They say that you should scrub your hands with soap for twenty seconds, or about the time it takes you to hum Happy Birthday twice. A twenty twenty Mashable article offered alternatives if you become sick of humming Happy Birthday. Some of their suggestions included humming the chorus of Toto's Africa once, the pizza bagel jingle twice, or the most famous portion of the Star Wars Imperial March pizza bagel pizza evening time.
Speaker 2: Pizza is not a bagel. You can have pizza anytime.
Speaker 1: I knew, I knew I could count on somebody. You know the pizza bagel jingle, which is probably from like what nineteen ninety nine or something that's not put.
Speaker 3: A little more loan on it. Though, yes you should Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: I do a real number on Happy Birthday.
Speaker 5: I only know the words. I can't think of the melody of it.
Speaker 2: It's in the morning time, oh suffered when pizzas it's like kind of a it's kind of like a grungy rock song.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, if you just did that twice.
Speaker 2: Some kids getting home from school with their skateboards and they're looking for some pizza on it.
Speaker 1: Did you just watch his commercial this morning?
Speaker 2: No, just buried in my This is buried in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's more than printed.
Speaker 3: Is there any pizza bagels in your freezer right now?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't had pizza bagels in years.
Speaker 1: Question The topic is conservation. What invasive fish that's native to the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean was first spotted in floor in nineteen eighty five? Quick answer from Brody, He's the only one. Here's the question again, The topic is conservation. What invasive fish that's native to the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean was first spotted in Florida in nineteen eighty five? Chester now coming up with an answer. The rest of the room looks stumped. What invasive fish that's native to the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean was first spotted in Florida in nineteen eighty five. Phil is now keeping score on a whiteboard. Phil has been a real game changer for you over there.
Speaker 5: It has been. I've been turned against technology. Sitting back here, I hate it all. I was using a little website like scoreboard whatever thing, and it was just I kept screwing up. I wanted to be better for you and the show, Spencer. So I've got it's all separated into questions so I can go back and reference it.
Speaker 1: You know, where's the where's the score?
Speaker 3: Rint?
Speaker 1: I don't even see the score there. I just saw check marks.
Speaker 5: Well, oh yeah, I'm just tallying each question. I don't have like atal questioning my methods.
Speaker 1: It'll evolve and uh you'll it'll get better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you're doing great film.
Speaker 3: He is appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Randall.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready. Do you need more time? Goods, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying catfish. This is saying cod chili without an answer, Randall saying snakehead. Christine's saying lion.
Speaker 3: I was gonna write that down.
Speaker 1: Marge saying lion fish. She drew a lion and a fish chest. You're saying bonefish, Brody saying lionfish. The correct answer is lionfish. Ship did pretty well. Lion Fish are considered one of the worst invasive species in Florida because of their lack of predators there. One study found that the presence of a single lionfish on a coral reef can reduce recruitment of native fish by seventy nine percent. The Emerald Coast Open Lionfish Tournament does its best to knock back their numbers, with participants collecting nearly twenty five thousand lionfish in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Someone just set a record. I don't know if it was in that tournament or not.
Speaker 1: It was that tournament.
Speaker 3: It's like six hundred of them and one boat or a new record.
Speaker 1: And I think with all those lionfish they go to like a sushi restaurant nearby, who takes them? Pretty cool?
Speaker 5: They taste good.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yes they're good.
Speaker 1: Oh you've had them.
Speaker 3: You just got to clip the spines on them before you start fileting them.
Speaker 1: Or question five, the topic is gear. This next great question comes to his via Adam Kremcher for sending this great question. Excuse me, uh he is not our winner of the week. I messed that up via Adam. Sorry Adam. What does the name of the archery company PSEE stand for? Okay?
Speaker 2: This is bad because I actually shoot a PSC.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what chili? That is bad that.
Speaker 2: Jason Phelips, Thanks Jason.
Speaker 1: What does the name of the archery Company p s E stand for? Brody with a.
Speaker 3: Quick answer first ever compound bow.
Speaker 1: Was as Oh what was it? Do you remember?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: God, I don't know. It's like forty years ago, Spencer, you weren't even the twinkle in your parents.
Speaker 1: Eyes is not Randall? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Got a guess.
Speaker 1: P s E.
Speaker 2: At some point I knew this and then the the Bagel Bytes song.
Speaker 1: Just thinking about the entire obvious. I know what you're doing. That good.
Speaker 3: We should have a tray of those things in the green room next time.
Speaker 1: Totally is that what this room next door is? The green room?
Speaker 3: Isn't that what it's technically supposed to be? Phil Technically yes, although it's not really set up that way.
Speaker 5: It'll get there.
Speaker 1: What would what would it be if it was a green room? Like, what would we do in there, sit around and okay, show meeting.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Sure you can hobnob with the with the guests we're time. The topic is gear. What does the archery company p s E. Standford? Does everybody have an answer? Chester? Listen? Christine Furiously writing, is everybody ready? Chili just no, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying performance shooting equipment. Listen saying pro sportsman experience and get it Chili without an answer, Randall saying precision shooting equipment. Christine saying precision precision should be expected. March saying polysynthetic eurothinge. Chester saying professional shooting equipment. Brody's saying precision shooting equipment. The correct answer is precision shooting equipment. Now I know a few folks got it right. PS was founded by Pete Shepley in nineteen seventy one. They are known for creating some of the fastest hunting bows in the industry, with some approaching speeds of three hundred and seventy feet per second. In a twenty twenty article by Tony Hansen, he ranked the ten fastest bows he's ever tested with PSE, claiming both fourth and ninth place. Fail. We are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure thing. Let's see here we have we again, Alyssa with zero points, Chilian Chester have one point apiece, mag Smith has two, Christine has three points and tied up in first place. Are random roady?
Speaker 3: You know, for the ones that you actually write answers for, you're doing really well. I know you could.
Speaker 2: Score it like the S A T where if you don't get it, isn't that? Isn't that a thing? One of the standardized tests. If you don't guess, you you do better than if you get wrong.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Christine. What didn't you like about the inflection in Phil's voice you read your score?
Speaker 5: I don't remember, Chris. Here's the thing I found out. If I don't bring enough enthusiasm to the score reporting, they make me do it later with a lot of with a lot of enthusiasm. It's too much pressure. I don't like it, so I just try to bring it up. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your voice is great the surprise part, but.
Speaker 5: It's fair.
Speaker 1: Quite Shin six, the topic is public Lands. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Chris Roberts sending this great question. Chris is going to get a book signed by Steve. This Texas National Seashore is a popular spring break destination and the longest barrier island in the world. The topic is public lands. This Texas National Seashore is a popular spring break destination and the longest barrier island in the world. A few folks in the room are confident. Chile, you seem to know this one. Have you been there? I've done a lot of party in my life, so okay, at this case, I know.
Speaker 3: Actually I've never been there.
Speaker 2: But I had a few friends go down to Texas for school and they said, I.
Speaker 3: Thought you were giving.
Speaker 2: You're having a heart attack. Let's keep your eyes for a little bit after that.
Speaker 1: Holy's anianbody in the room. Ever been to this place?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, like in your partying days fishing. Oh okay, here's the question one more time. This Texas National Seashore is a popular spring break destination in the longest barrier island in the world. Alyssa, you have some children that are approaching spring break age. You haven't been studying up yet on where they might go.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to know, okay, there wasn't a big biker rally when I was there, and those guys are partying hard.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready? Were you there in the spring? Paul?
Speaker 5: I know this and I cannot remember?
Speaker 1: And are we ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying great Barrier, reef Alyssa saying Gelveston, Chilis saying Corpus, Christy Randall's saying Padre Island, Christine saying Pablo, Marge without an answer, Chester without an answer, Brody's saying Padre Island. The correct answer is Padre Island. Padre Island is one hundred and thirteen miles long, about half of which is part of the Padre Island National Seashore. The island is home to dozens of unique animals, including the world's smallest and most endangered sea turtle. It's also a breeding ground for college students, with officials estimating that one hundred and twenty thousand spring breakers come there each year. Brody, how much of a party scene was it while you were there? Besides the bike?
Speaker 3: It was a slow It was like early October, so it was a pretty slow time of year, and the I'm wondering if the partiers like spend a lot of time on the National Seashore versus like the regular beaches on town and all that. I mean, I get where you're going, but it was like, it's like you can I'm pretty sure you can drive. I'm pretty sure we drove on the National Seashore. You can drive the beaches and there was no one around.
Speaker 1: Question seven. The topic is woodsmanship. The TV show Survivor Man was created by, written by, directed by, and starring This Man. The topic is woodsmanship. The TV show Survivor Man was created by, written by, directed by, and starring This Man.
Speaker 3: Was the first and last name required if.
Speaker 1: You give me the last name, that's good enough to talk about when it was on TV. And the follow up factoid, now you can feel good about giving him pizza whenever.
Speaker 3: They want you.
Speaker 2: Hear that guitar.
Speaker 1: It sounds like gospel.
Speaker 3: Gospel.
Speaker 1: I imagine that.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that lick at the end, that's what I remember.
Speaker 1: It's the question again. The TV show Survivor Man was created by, written by, directed by, and starring This Man.
Speaker 3: Phil.
Speaker 1: Did you have the.
Speaker 2: Visuals on your end?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 5: A lot of nineties, just just washed down the good, good, colorful windbreakers and bowl cuts. It was great.
Speaker 1: Oh man, does everybody have an answer? Everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying bear grills. A listen without an answer, Chili saying Wesley, Randal sang Less Stroud, Christine saying Steve Ranella, Marge saying bear grills. Chest You're saying bear grills, Brodie saying Less Stroud. The correct answer is Less Stroud.
Speaker 3: You know how, you know how Elon Musk and Zuckerberg. We're gonna duke it out.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: I always felt like these two guys should survive it out bear grills.
Speaker 1: This guy I picked Less Stroud. The Survivor Man aired on the Outdoor Life Network, Science Channel and Discovery Channel from two thousand and five to twenty fifteen. The show had eight seasons and fifty one episodes. Stroud gained a reputation of being legit among fellow survivalists because he filmed himself instead of bringing a camera crew. He said his worst experience on the show was when he got a parasite in the swamps of Georgia that took him a year to get rid of question eight. The topic is cooking. Known for their distinctive color. This brand of Komodo style grills was created in nineteen seventy four. Known for their distinctive color. This brand of Komoto style grills was created in nineteen seventy four. Brody with a quick answer. The rest of the room not quite as confident. Chilean logan also have an answer, Randall, are you going to get this one right?
Speaker 2: I don't have an answer yet. I'm not sure what a Kamato style grill is.
Speaker 1: Brody, do you have one of these?
Speaker 3: No, but I think you could. I mean you can't tell them what kind of grill is. That's given away too much.
Speaker 1: I think that's given away too much. Well, this is I did tell you what style of grill it is? Oh yeah, Kamato Kimoto. Not sure how you say it. Kamoto style grills created in nineteen seventy four. This is question eight. We will get a scoreboard update from Phil after this. Is everybody ready? Randall, you're going to get this one right? I think we're waiting on you. Is everybody good? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have logan saying big green Egg, Alyssa saying Weber, Chili saying green Egg, Randall saying Egg, Christine saying Weber, Marge saying green Egg, Chester saying green Egg, Brody's saying green Egg. The correct answer is Big green Egg. I don't think I think green egg is good enough.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think I marked everyone who said green egg or Big green Egg. But can you raise your hand if you said green Egg or big green Egg?
Speaker 2: I said egg, Phil All right.
Speaker 5: I got that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's good enough, Randall.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is there also a little green Egg? Or is it just Big green Egg?
Speaker 1: But I think they probably sell like a A like some of their their model line is like an XL A large. They probably have a mini green Egg green Egg.
Speaker 3: But the but the brand is Big green.
Speaker 1: Egg, Big green Egg.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the brand isn't green Egg.
Speaker 3: That's right, rand.
Speaker 1: Some of the oldest cooking vessels in the world. They were created about three thousand years ago in China, and we're made of clay. Big Green Egg was one of the first American companies to start mass producing the Comado grill. As the name states, they are known for their egg like shape and distinctive shade of green and their.
Speaker 2: Size us their big size.
Speaker 5: Oh, we have to say goodbye to Alissa, Logan, Chilly Chester, Maggie and Christine.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's Brody and Randall. Shocker Chili.
Speaker 5: How'd you know it's Brody and Randall. Randall's got six points, Brody has seven.
Speaker 3: Listen. If Randall's not comfortable with the big the.
Speaker 2: Fine, it's fine. I don't want to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: No, No, you think that you were missing.
Speaker 3: It would add a lot of tension to the last couple.
Speaker 2: It's like general motors and I just had motors.
Speaker 1: It's a good way. I don't know how close were you to putting green in there?
Speaker 2: Uh, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was going to write the egg m.
Speaker 2: I was going to add an article, not a descriptor.
Speaker 1: Question nine. The topic is fishing. This next great question comes to us via Garrett Corless. Hagfish and blank are the only two surviving groups of Jawllis fish in the world. What hagfish and blank are the only surviving groups of Jawllis fish in the world. The room is stumped. It just came to Brody. You had to just tap the whiteboard on his head. A few more times. Hagfish and blank are the only surviving groups of Jallis fish in the world. Brody is the only person who has come up with an answer. If he were to get this right and Randa were to get this wrong, that would seal the victory. Come on, Brody, hagfish and blank. Brody, how is.
Speaker 3: Just completely opted out?
Speaker 1: What's that? How did this come to you? Brody? Did you just remembered a Jollis fish?
Speaker 3: I don't know, just came out of the ether, just took a little thinking.
Speaker 1: Randa was hoping for a clue there from you.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: And I don't look I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Hagfish and blank are the only surviving groups of jollice fish in the world. This came straight from the National Park Services website, also backed up by Encyclopedia Britannica. I'm not making up the groups or any of that terminology. Tag fish blank the only surviving groups of Jollis fish in the world. Chester. Do you have this one right? Doubt it? Okay, Randall? I think we are waiting on you a lot on the line to tell me what the other jollys fish group is. Mhm, it's everybody ready, it's not a fish. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Logan saying blowfish, Alyssa saying jellyfish, Chili saying jollis, Randall's saying jellyfish, Christine saying jellyfish, Marge saying dogfish. Chest you're saying jellyfish. Brody saying lamb prey. The correct answer is lamb prey. Brody got it right, is wrapped up the wind. What's a jellyfish?
Speaker 5: It's not a fish?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: What about a starfish? Which you've taken starfish.
Speaker 1: Jawless fish or some of the oldest fish in the world hearing in the fossil record about four hundred and seventy million years ago. Most types of jawalis fish have gone extinct, except for the fifty species of hagfish and lamprey that are left. Besides missing a jaw, some features that make jawalis fish unique are their suction cup mouths, cylindrical bodies, and lack of scales. Brody's wrapped up the victory. But we have one question left. The topic is hunting. What Canadian province leads the country in record book entries for mountain goat mountain lion, Canada, moose, grizzly bear, Sitka blacktail deer, and Columbia blacktail deer. This is the second question for our listeners north of the border, less Stroud as a Canadian himself, here's another Canadian question. The topic is hunting. What Canadian province leads the country in record book entries for mountain goat, mountain lion, Canada, moose, grizzly bear, Sitka blacktail deer, and Columbia a blacktail deer. Do everybody have an answer? Randall? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: I shouldn't even have answered, I think so. It doesn't matter you think the answer is in the question if you really look at it.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have logan saying British Columbia. List is saying British Columbia, Chile saying BC, Randall's saying BC. The entire room said British Columbia, and they got it right. The correct answer is British Columbia. As Brody pointed out, the Columbia black tail deer was a hint. British Columbia has the most booning crocket entries in the world for Mountain goat and Canada moose, and is the only province that has an entry for Columbia blacktail deer and Sitka blacktail deer. They have the most booning crocket entries in the country at three thousand, five hundred and six, which is followed by Alberta at oney seven hundred and ninety nine in Saskatchewan at one thousand, six hundred forty nine. Brody is our winner with what was it? Eight correct answers? Nine? I mean you have right, Brody?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nine correct answers came up short. Question one threw off your perfect game for the happiest, most meaningful work on Earth. You're the only one to.
Speaker 3: See I'm not a forester, I'm a fisherman.
Speaker 1: Well done, marche Brody. What happens next is you get to choose where the five hundred dollars donation from meat eater goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 3: Let's do friends of the Missouri River breaks?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think that might be a new one for us. What do we like about them er is.
Speaker 3: They take care, They're always out there doing good work. Habitat work on in the Missouri River breaks area, which is one of my favorite places in the world, and they can they can use a little help.
Speaker 2: As a board member of that organization, I thank.
Speaker 1: You, Randall.
Speaker 3: I feel like, why did I not know that.
Speaker 1: Something with the Charles.
Speaker 2: That would be self that would be self dealing. There's all sorts of like, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know you were a friend of the Missouri River officially.
Speaker 1: Where did you donate to them before? Because there was something.
Speaker 2: That was that was a Keep It Public a different different group.
Speaker 3: Allow Randall to explain what they about?
Speaker 1: What do we like about that?
Speaker 2: It's an organization that works on stewardship education and uh they organize uh cleanups and plantings of cottonwood trees and all kinds of stuff. But friends organizations are all over the country and they essentially serve as like a sort of an auxiliary to the Land Management Agency, so they get folks on the ground to help the b l M or US Fashion and Wildlife Service or whatever the relevant agency is.
Speaker 3: Uh, these places.
Speaker 1: Who else are you a board member?
Speaker 2: I was a board member of Keep It Public? And no, I think that's about it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never uh never thought about before how the friends groups are like all over the country. The most local one I think is like Friends of Highlight and they do as much or more maybe than like the agency then actually manages that land.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of these agencies are just super underfunded and to get people on the ground do it like to undertake projects that require a lot of manpower and like volunteer hours. It's just too much for the the land managers. So yeah, it's like some of these groups across the country are pretty impressive, like in terms of just getting stuff done and speaking out on behalf of those places.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars going to Randall, Just kidding, what's the organization? One more time, the Friends of the Missouri Breaks five hundred dollars coming their way via Brody and meat Eater. Join us the next side for more meat Eater trivia. The only game show where conservation always wins.