Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brooking and Jeffrey in the morning. We got a brand new second.
Speaker 2: Date for you.
Speaker 1: I feel like today, I don't know if jose will get this reference, but I feel like it's going to be very team Edward versus what's the other kid's name?
Speaker 3: Team Jacob?
Speaker 4: The other you don't even get it.
Speaker 3: Team Jacob is the one to not forget. How do you forget that one?
Speaker 1: I mean he is he is hotter in every way, and basically you have a choice between two different types of people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we vampire exactly, so you'll.
Speaker 2: I think get that reference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It's kind of a stretch, but that's how I feel it is.
Speaker 1: Uh in today's brand new episode, but first comments Alexis.
Speaker 5: Cheeto chimideza, okay, something like that said, I got your first all the way from Africa, Alexis, can you finally read my comment?
Speaker 3: I asked Ai how I can get your attention?
Speaker 5: It said I should bribe you with Amarulu coffee, mixing your two favorite things.
Speaker 3: Coffee and alcohol. That was Ai, not me, but I am willing to send you some. Okay, I love it. It's coffee and alcohol together.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like when you put whiskey and coffee, I want to try.
Speaker 3: Probably Moretto send the recipe. Yeah, I'm googling this right now. Okay, wash he looks up the recipe. We're going to get to this new episode if you'll be in coffee.
Speaker 5: Liqueur Oh, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second date updates.
Speaker 6: We've had listeners read their flirty text messages on this segment before.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: It's why we had to install an emergency tarp in the studio. Yeah, just in case springs out from the floor. I'm glad that we were covered, though, we're gonna have to use it in a while. Until he kept describing, Yeah, one of the flirtatious text we're about to hear today is apparently on a whole nother level.
Speaker 7: At least that's what our listener, Blake says.
Speaker 6: So get the emergency tarp ready because I haven't seen it yet, but I do hear this particular text happened after their spontaneous date.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all good.
Speaker 8: I love this. Yeah.
Speaker 6: There is a lot of questions though, and we're waiting for the answers. So first, Blake, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I will say you seemed a little anxious when I was reading your email. Why don't you tell us about the situation with this girl that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 8: Her name is Ashley?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Meet.
Speaker 8: So I worked as a door dash stiver and okay, I'm doing my doing my usual runs, and I get an order from a woman named Ashley and I run up with the food. Yeah, and this really cute woman answers, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: So she's like, oh, thank you and just starts talking to me, and I'm a little flustered.
Speaker 7: So I'm just like, I.
Speaker 8: See that she had ordered some wantons, and for some reason, I'm just like, hey, like your wantons?
Speaker 6: Oh oh, that's a lie that could be read in a strange way.
Speaker 3: I can see, like.
Speaker 1: You anyone who's ever had that conversation with someone that they are attracted to or you're just cringing.
Speaker 2: Because you know you want to stop and you can't stop it.
Speaker 7: So after all that hot wan time talk, where did things lead?
Speaker 8: Well, I get back in the car and I'm shaking in my head and I'm like, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 4: We've all been there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, But then a couple hours later, another request comes in same address, the same person. It's actually ordering dinner.
Speaker 2: What are the chances?
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 8: So I go right back up to the house and when she opens the door, I'm like, Hey, if you really wanted to see me again, you couldn't just ask for my number.
Speaker 2: Smooth hungry girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, double dip on those wants.
Speaker 2: That is so cute.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and she responded possibly she was laughing. And while we're there, I noticed a bunch of boxes behind her, so it looks like she's moving in. Oh yeah, So I ask and she's like, yeah, yeah, I've been unpacking all day, dude, and key.
Speaker 1: She didn't say we've been unpacking all day.
Speaker 4: That's so good. Yeah, so she's single.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what it seemed like. So I tell her that I've got a side job where I help a sumble furniture and so I'm like, yeah, you know, I'm really good at this.
Speaker 7: I can help you out.
Speaker 8: Is that true or you just saying that it's not not something I can do.
Speaker 2: Did she invite you in at that point?
Speaker 8: Yes, She's sitting at the table eating and I'm putting it all together, and we start talking and We're just talking about life stuff and our jobs and what we like to do, our hobbies, and does it.
Speaker 1: Come up like are you dating? Are you seeing anything anyone? Does any of that come up in your guys's combo?
Speaker 7: Like some romantic vibes happening?
Speaker 8: It felt very flirty and like we're really getting to know each other. I mean it's straight. It just it like we were on a date.
Speaker 4: Well, if you were feeling that, I've been.
Speaker 6: Most likely she was feeling the same kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Here's the key. Does she pay you at the end?
Speaker 8: Yes? She did.
Speaker 4: With cash or kisses?
Speaker 7: Both?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: Kiss?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So when I was done putting it together, I was like, not to be too forward, but I'm picking up vibes. Can I get your number? And she was like yeah, of course. And then as I was walking out, she kissed me.
Speaker 4: Wow, so awesome.
Speaker 2: We never heard of a man making money on a date.
Speaker 4: Like everything sounds great? What is wrong?
Speaker 6: Because I want to get to the flirtatious text that you mentioned in your Where does that come in?
Speaker 8: So the next day I'm like, hey, that was wild, really fun and spontaneous. Now that it's all finished, how's that working out for you, and I was talking about like the dresser. Yeah, and she texts back, oh my god, I want to have your baby.
Speaker 4: She's kidding obviously, why is everyone so serious as.
Speaker 3: Why is that a funny joke?
Speaker 2: I don't know, he's so wild.
Speaker 4: It's obviously not true. You don't just tell someone you want to have their child.
Speaker 3: Creepy guys do on ass.
Speaker 6: It's not something you hear from a woman very often, Like right after you meet.
Speaker 2: Something, how do you Okay, here's their thing? Do you respond like jose just ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I took it as something joky, okay, Yeah, I was like, hey, I knew I was good, but I didn't know I was that good. When you want to hang out next, Oh.
Speaker 7: What happens?
Speaker 8: I don't hear back, and I send a little follow up text the next day, and I don't hear back again, and now it's been almost a week. So I guess she doesn't want to have it that bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, we all have second thoughts as mothers.
Speaker 4: Yet everybody.
Speaker 6: Or maybe a Rubhub guy came over and built her a bed frame and she was like, oh, easier to have.
Speaker 2: A baby with a bed frames.
Speaker 6: Who knows but it's been a week since that happened. You're hearing nothing back, and we want to turn you into an insta dad for sure.
Speaker 7: So let's call Ashley.
Speaker 2: I think he wants to be a daddy, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, daddy zaddi whoever you are, get your baby born ready for when we come back for your second date update right after this.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 6: I can't believe this woman we're about to call took a page right out of Brooks dating playbook and sent a text saying, OMG, I want to have your baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have never said that to any man, woman, or person other than my husband.
Speaker 6: Yet if we had a nickel for every listener who messaged the station asking Brook to please stop sending that to them, we would have enough money to save the industry.
Speaker 4: By the way, you're gonna get a weird text back from Hi.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, But our listener Blake got that text from a woman named Ashley the day after he delivered food to her house twice and built her dresser for her.
Speaker 1: Not only did she get that text, but that's the last thing she ever said to him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so ever, since that baby making text, he's heard nothing, and now he's left wondering what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Am I gonna be a father or not? This is a weird one, right, bro?
Speaker 2: You know what I was thinking about?
Speaker 1: What if she meant to send that to somebody else? Yeah, and she's embarrassed, like it was a joke to one of.
Speaker 2: A friend or I just can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Sending that after Yeah, I know, but it's a joke that you say, like maybe after three or four dates, not after the first spontaneous meetings of someone.
Speaker 7: What do you think about that? Is that a possibility, Blake?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess, but it feels pretty specific. I don't know what else she'd be responding to.
Speaker 1: And even if it was as an accident, you responded so perfectly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, if any listeners are joining us, how did you respond to that?
Speaker 7: Blake? I was like, Oh, I.
Speaker 8: Knew I was good, but I didn't think I was that goody.
Speaker 2: With a cry faced laughing emoji.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, very flirtatious. No reason that she wouldn't answer back. And if it was just a mistake text, why wouldn't she just say.
Speaker 4: That she got offended at the laugh emoji.
Speaker 6: In your emoji game. Maybe way off, let's find out. I'm going to dial Ashley right now. We'll see if she.
Speaker 7: Answers the phone. But here we go. Yes, Hi, Hello is this Ashley?
Speaker 2: She said yes?
Speaker 7: Or Jeff I heard yes?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: It's yeah.
Speaker 4: Confuses by answering quickly in casually.
Speaker 6: I know we've made so many calls. Nobody's ever answered the phone the way that you just did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe just tell her why we're calling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're a radio show. We're doing a segment called a second date update. Do you know about those?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: No, I think I know. Like someone wants you to find out why someone didn't get back to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they reached out to us.
Speaker 6: Yes, in kind of a dating romantic context. A guy hung out with you recently and now he's a little bit confused on where you two stand.
Speaker 7: A guy named Blake.
Speaker 9: Blake is confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you guys were super funny.
Speaker 9: I mean it was a really wild way to meet someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: I would love to give your side of the story.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm kind of new in town. I got a job here, and I have a friend from college who grew up here and she's here, and here I am, and that friend got these tickets to this concert. It was like insane, Like I don't even want to call it a concert because the place was so small.
Speaker 3: It's just about your weekend.
Speaker 2: Or I think that we may be talking about two different people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're talking about Blake.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Blake. So this is how I met him. He plays acoustic guitar and he's so good. And then like my friends and I were hanging out with him and some of the guys in the band after what does.
Speaker 6: He play guitar at the door when he's driving.
Speaker 2: I think that we have some little confusion here.
Speaker 7: There could be a mix.
Speaker 6: Up because the Blake that we're talking about you met him like about a week ago and he like built your dresser for you after he delivered door dash twice.
Speaker 2: Oh my, remember you kissed you tipped him?
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like there was a dramatic Listen, listen, this is I mean, it wasn't a planned date.
Speaker 1: Do not be embarrassed that you thought we were talking about somebody else.
Speaker 3: The other one was like way more of a date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, but you know what we're talking about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 7: Okay, did you kiss the other Blake or bakes?
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: Maybe we shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, don't care about acoustic guitar.
Speaker 6: Acoustic guitar Blake is definitely different than furniture building Blake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not as manly.
Speaker 6: He's great and we've spoken to him and he's confused because the last interaction you had over text message, according to him, was you saying that you wanted to have his baby.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 9: So I sent that to the wrong Blake.
Speaker 2: I was really hoping I wasn't it was another Blake. I thought it was like a joke. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you want to have a who stick guitar Blake's baby?
Speaker 4: It was? Is it a joke?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 1: You don't really you don't want to have guitar boys baby to be on the road, there's gonna be a lot of women involved.
Speaker 2: You want a man who can build a.
Speaker 7: Crip stay around.
Speaker 9: That's right, Okay, This is a This is a lot for me to process because I thought something else was happening with a different persona.
Speaker 2: I bet it's a lot for him to process too, right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure I can hear him processing right now because you don't know this, Ashley, but furniture building. Blake is on the other line of this call, listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh no, don't be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I mean you already said the text, and he already thought it was funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's hear from him.
Speaker 4: Blake.
Speaker 7: Are you there?
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have to have a guitar.
Speaker 6: Line around, or even a drum set or something in some other instrument.
Speaker 8: I play ukule.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's sexy. Why don't you talk to Ashley?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 8: Ashley, Hey, I feel really stupid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I kind of know what to do.
Speaker 8: So about the kiss at the door, what's the deal with that? That's shiff You weren't feeling anything.
Speaker 9: I gave you a kiss on the cheek like it's a thank you, and I did pay you.
Speaker 4: Too, waits on the cheek.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a little bit more romantic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I gave you my number, like we exchanged numbers.
Speaker 9: But you said like if I needed help with any other furniture, I should let you know.
Speaker 2: But I think furniture was a youthful.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it definitely wasn't a euphemism. It was.
Speaker 8: It was like real furniture.
Speaker 9: I told him that I had a new bed coming soon.
Speaker 6: We should ask, like, we haven't even gotten to Are you seeing acoustic guitar Blake? Like is that already a thing that's been developing?
Speaker 1: How could it be when she thought we were calling about him?
Speaker 7: I don't know, Like, where are you with this guitar guy?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean I caught some ceilings and I'm you know, I haven't heard from him, but I'm hoping to.
Speaker 6: No, he won't call, you know, those acoustic guitar guys notoriously accent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, guitar Blake is not getting back to you, and I am.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, even had us call on his behalf to try and get a hold of you. That's how deeply he feels about you.
Speaker 9: That's very it's very flattering. It's definitely very flattering.
Speaker 6: Yes, And you definitely want to go out with furniture building Blake before the furniture groupies step in and try to get a hold of them, because there are tons of furniture groupies out there, those two following them around from house to house. Whatever it is we would like to offer to send you on a date with Furniture Building Blake, and if you're open to it, we would pay for that date.
Speaker 9: It's so flattering that you went to all this trouble, But I got to hold out for Acoustic Guitar Blake.
Speaker 8: I gotta do it.
Speaker 4: As he's got a beanie too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, Ashley, I think you've made a massive mistake and I look forward to hearing your voice on a future Loser Line segment that we do. And they're reaching out to Acoustic Guitar Blake and he has nothing to say to you.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't even know what that is, but the name is awful.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel insulted already, Furniture Blake.
Speaker 6: I hope you go back to her house and disassemble. You take that thing apart.
Speaker 2: She didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 3: I get I paid him.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, I'm gonna try to kiss us before we're hanging up on the phone.
Speaker 7: If you yeah, whatever it is, I'll take it.
Speaker 8: Guys, guys, thanks for having my back, but let's lay off.
Speaker 4: I don't want to.
Speaker 8: I don't want to he ask.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, he's still so nice.
Speaker 4: He gets better and better.
Speaker 6: I want him to have my baby furniture, Blake.
Speaker 7: Bear, my children.
Speaker 4: She was kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't know if jeff is into it, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I guess I did kind of lose my cool at the end there, and I do apologize for that.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 6: I just I hated when one of our listeners doesn't get the respect that they deserve, and I wanted to stand up for Blake, Furniture, Blake and all that he was good for.
Speaker 1: I understand, but I don't think she was disrespecting him and saying no. I think she was just saying she's interested in the other guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's all there is.
Speaker 5: He read the room wrong on there, ye hang out, Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 6: We You know, what would be the ultimate revenge is if he goes back to her neighborhood and posts signs on all the telephone polls that says free furniture assembly, call Blake so she has to see it.
Speaker 1: That is the most passive aggressive revenge spot I've heard in a long time.
Speaker 4: I guarantee she wouldn't even see the sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's gonna be busy at concerts. She's not gonna have.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, furniture Blake.
Speaker 6: If you and me want to go in on some furniture assembly for free, call me, bro.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid he was getting paid and now he's gonna work for free.
Speaker 6: And I'll hold the Alan wrench with you, buddy, Let's do it together. You deserve respect, and I think every one of our listeners deserves respect in their dating life. If you want some email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back.