Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. Alabama runs wild over the LSU Tigers in Death Valley forty two thirteen, Jalen bell Row had twelve carries for a buck eighty five. They ran the ball forty eight times for three hundred and eleven yards and six touchdown as LSU had no answer for the vanity running game of the Alabama Crimson Time. Thank you for joining us. I'm your favorite Uncle, Seanna Sharp, He's your favorite. Eighty five Liberty Cities on Bengal Ring of Fame Honoree the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad Ocho Cinko Johnson, just call him Moho. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and go subscribe to the night Cap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And remember every podcast, every subscriber matters. We thank you for helping us matter because without you, there is no night Cap, there is no unkin Ojo. So thank you again very much. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock and if we're currently not in a city or a state near you, you can order it. And with the holidays right around the corner, you'll get it in time to celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, three big holidays in succession, all within the next six and you'll have Shade by la Portier to bring into your festive occasions. Please make sure you go check out my media company page on all platforms. Follow it. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company. That's eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We had our new releases that dropped last month. Oh and we had some drop this month. What we dropped last month was I was held when I was well, I would lie for you before our lie to you. And black hoodies we all dropped those and by popular demand to stay with me now came back as a hoodie. And of course our best sellers, which is the unkin Oho T's. We got a lot of requests o Cho for having an unkin Oho t to be in black we listen put those in just as of last week. Quantities are limited. Please make sure you grab yours wild supplies last ocho I mentioned it earlier. The number eleven Alabama Crimson Tie goes into death Valley beat down the number fifteen LSU Tigers by the score from forty two to four. Team Jalen mill Rod was sensational last night, last night, two nights. He did not put the ball in harm's way, and that's what they're going to have to do in order for them to go to the place that they want to go, which is the SEC Championship. Got their work cut out for him because they have two losses and there are a lot of teams that only have one loss.
Speaker 3: So they got a hope.
Speaker 2: They got to continue to win and then hope somebody else knocks off a Tennessee or Texas A and M and some of these other schools that have only one loss. Jalen Milrod throwing the ball tonight was twelve of eighteen, one hundred and nine yards, but that's not where he did his damage. Twelve carries a buck eighty five four touchdown, and the last rushing touchdown of seventy two yarder was basically destraughted, broke the Campbell's back. But I don't think no one really thought after watching this game for as long as they did, and they thought LSU was ever going to come back and win this game. Forty eight rushes three hundred and eleven yards, six touchdowns for Alabama and a very opportunistic defense oho Alabama did a great job of when they got closed, when LSU got close, picked him off once in the end zone, picked them a strip sack once Alabama had turned it over downs the very next play, Alabama defenses rise, defense, rise to the occasion and takes the ball right back. Jalen Milroe runs it in for a touchdown, and basically once this game got twenty one to six, looking at the way LSU was, their inability to consistently move the ball I felt very comfortable unless Alabama did something crazy like turn the ball over, let him get a scoop and score a pick six.
Speaker 3: I didn't think they could do enough.
Speaker 2: LSU could offensively, and I think Brian Kelly is probably banging his head. He's like, man, this was a game, and it was you know, it started raining, and you know, oh Joe, you know when it starts raining, the likelihood that you throwing the ball isn't very good U. And so now you got to rely on your running attack. And that's what Alabama did. Alabama put the ball in their best players hand, which is Jalen Milroe, and he delivered. And when he's playing like he's like he played tonight, they're gonna be hard to beat, kind of like when he played against Georgia.
Speaker 3: But there are some games that they lost where he turned the ball over.
Speaker 2: And Alabama defense isn't what it was they used to go get your quarterback before, because they had the Quinny Williams, they had the Jonathan Allens, they had the D lineman that could go hunt, and they had corners and safeties on the back end that could that could you know, you have certain and you had a lot McKinny. They don't have those type of players right now Oho, and so it's hard to consistently get pressure on the quarterback unless they bring additional pressure and then you sacrifice your back in But I thought Alabama came to play tonight, they knew it was that state. You lose this game, there goes the chance at the SEC Championship, there's the opportunity for the college football playoffs.
Speaker 3: This was a game that they had to have and they went on the road and got it.
Speaker 5: But listen, also, it's very important, like the quarterback play has to be consistent. Yes, what happens even with the game they do have left What happened when you you have a game where you can't be one dimensional, where you can't just run the ball up and down the field.
Speaker 1: What happens when it's not raining.
Speaker 5: So Milrow is going to have to be efficient from the pocket and being able to be elusive and extend plays and be off script with it and not turn the ball over because some games you're gonna play, you're not gonna be able to run like that. You're not gonna be able to have fust downs and run down the field for seventy seventy seventy yards have as long as as long as run was.
Speaker 1: So if Alabama from the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Position can be as efficient as he was to night in the passing game when they don't allow you to run, Alabama has a chance.
Speaker 1: They will have a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought the offensive line did a pretty good job of protecting him. LSU thought they had got that got to stop on third down, but they got a face mask call and the next thing you know, they go down to the field and score a touchdown. But when you look at this game, you're absolutely right. Look, Ryan Williams has been quiet the last couple of weeks. Obviously, they've been paying a lot more attention to him than what they have in the beginning of the season because a lot of people probably thinking a seventeen year old gut it should be going to his high school prom has no business player college football. But he was outstanding earlier. But now they're paying a little bit more attention to him. I I just feel O Joey's longest mill road don't doesn't put the ball in harm's way. Alabama is They're not the Alabama. They're not Nick Sabans Alabama. When they had two. Uh, and they had uh uh, who's the other quarterback that they had?
Speaker 3: What's the bragg McElroy?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, they had another one. They went Ponder. They won a championship with Ponder. They won another one with uh that. Brent Musburger was going Google, God got always girlfriend? What what was that? What was that one? Aj McCarron. They don't have defenses to support the team like those guys and like those quarterbacks had defenses.
Speaker 1: You know why, you know.
Speaker 5: Why they don't have the same players that they're not as dominant as they used to be. That I am in I l even the playing field with all the big schools that have the boosters and have the money to be able to afford the players, so that everybody spread out all over the place that a playing field is even Now coaching comes into play that much more when it comes to playing some of the better schools that are just as equal as you when it comes to talent and skill level.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so Alabama and a game that absolutely had to have in order to cut their college football playoff hopes alive, to keep their SEC West hopes alive, they had to win this game by any means necessary. And they did it behind a very very vaunted running attack. Jalen Milroe twelve carries a buck eighty five, four touchdowns. They got six carres for twenty twenty seven yards and a touchdown from young Haynes have a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So I mean, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't play any better, run the ball any better than what they ran it forty eight carries, three hundred eleven yards, six touchdowns with a long of seventy two.
Speaker 3: And they did it.
Speaker 2: Like I said, they did a great job of neutralizing LSU's running game. LSU had twenty four for a bucko four. That's not even five yards carry. That's more like that's a little old. I mean, excuse me, that's not even five yards of carry. It's a little over four yards of carry. You can live with that, O Joe. And they had two hundred and thirty nine passing yards, but a lot of it was late in the ball game. The game was pretty much in hand. And like I said, they did a great job of keeping us Mayer off off schedule. They pressured him just enough that when he had times he saw ghosts, he saw things that weren't there. He never got comfortable sitting his feet and throwing the football with any level of consistency.
Speaker 3: And that's what you have to do.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't get the quarterback on the ground, you pressure him enough that they start to see ghosts and they start to feel the pressure. Even though you're not close enough to cause any damage. They speed themselves up, they feed themselves up. So Alabama number eleven. Alabama keeps their college football playoff hopes alive and their SEC title hopes alive with a forty two thirteen win over the number fifteen LSU and Death Valley Number twenty. Colorado goes on the road down Texas Tech by the score of forty one twenty seven. Colorado followed four punts in the beginning of the game with four touchdowns in a field goal to take the lead thirty one to twenty. After three quarters. Shador Sanders threw two touchdown passes and ran four score. Travis Hunter had nine catches ninety nine yards and a touchdown. Chador was thirty and forty three to ninety one. Shiloh recovered to fumble ran into the end zone with fifty one seconds left. Colorado has won his third consecutive game and it's on pace to play in the Big Twelve Championship game with a chance to qualify for the twelve team college football playoffs.
Speaker 1: Let's go. That's what I'm talking about. You know, you know what I like.
Speaker 5: I like the schematically what they did defensively, normally, god damn Colorado.
Speaker 1: Defensively, they played man.
Speaker 5: The man sent me a damnus seventy two percent of the time today.
Speaker 1: They zoned up.
Speaker 5: They switched it up a little bit, knowing that goddamn Texas Tech then come back in there and throw that thing one hundred times a game, and they switched things up a little bit. That I think that was smart on their part. That was smart on their part. Travis Hunter, I just I got to ask, Yeah, has your thought on Travis Hunter being able to play both sides of the ball at the next No, No, I just want to I just I just want to know what you say the running game. Defensively, they did very well against the running game as well, so.
Speaker 3: You could live.
Speaker 2: I mean, Texas Tech random ball forty six times for a hundred and thirteen yards.
Speaker 3: That's not even three yards of carry.
Speaker 1: No, it was bad. They held Oh I can't what's the back name?
Speaker 2: He was both one seven four yards of carr you can give, you can live with that. But they sacked the quarterback enough and it took it took yardage away because when you sacked the quarterback, it takes away from your rushing yard. So h if it doesn't take those away, O Joe, it's a decent day.
Speaker 3: But he didn't. He didn't hurt him.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. And they were getting pressure. They were getting for a man pressure.
Speaker 5: Too, Yes, they would getting pressure, getting you know, getting to move around. So they had some success and they looked they look different defensively, especially playing it was Texas Text playing the Colorado team of last year. I think it would have been a different score. I do too, it would have been a different score. Well, I think the thing is, look, they're a man team.
Speaker 2: But when you're play a team that likes to throw the ball like Texas Tech, you zone it. You don't because you don't want to get rubbed off because a lot of time, you know, they run a lot of Now Texas Tech don't doesn't throw it like they once did when they had Patrick Mahomes, when they had yeah, Graham Harrold, and they had all these other quarterbacks they don't throw it like that. They're a little bit a little bit more balanced, but they can throw it. But I thought it was smart because they're thinking one thing that they're gonna get a lot of a lot of man and they get a lot of zone, and so I thought they confused them early on, and then once Colorado was able to settle in, they took off. Like I said, like you know, we started off by saying they had four straight punts and then all of a sudden they go touchdown, touchdown, touchdown field goal, I mean touchdown, touchdown, field goal. And they did a great job of really controlling the game after that. I thought they should have put the game way a lot earlier with some of those It should have never come down. It should have never come down to it. It was a seven point game where like a minute, ten minute, fifteen seconds left in the ball game and you end up having to get a scoop and score because this game should doure and all your start a lot of your started with this sception the offensive line because you don't dress ten eleven offensive linemen should have been on the sidelines. But I thought Pat got a little bit conservative in his play calling uh, and maybe times like, hey, look, let's not do anything crazy. Defense is doing a great job a defense. Continue to pressure the quarterback, let's try to take the ball away. But they didn't give up anything cheap. The guy made a great play on the touchdown to pull him with him seven. He made a great play. Give him credit for that. But I love the way Colorado was playing. Who did have next weekend?
Speaker 1: Not even next week?
Speaker 5: Look at the next three the next three games that I look at that if I looked at this guy, I think it's Utah, Kansas and somebody else they got. They got a chance. They've really got a good chance to run the next three games.
Speaker 2: They got Utah, Kansas, and Oklahoma State. Yeah, I think Kansas be Oklahoma State today. Utah is not the power team that they that they've been in over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: So that's yeah, the.
Speaker 2: TCU beat Oklahoma State. Who the Kansas beat? Kansas beat somebody today UCF, Kansas beat UCF and so look, Oklahoma is not what they Oklahoma State isn't what they've been in the past couple of years. Uh, Utah isn't what they've been in the last couple of years. That doesn't mean I was okay, yeah, Iowa State. That doesn't mean that they can't raise up and play above what they've been playing and beat you. You still have to bring your best package, your best pass tex, your best run game, your best defense, and let's see what happens. I think time will have him ready to play. Seven and two, they won ten games. That's the first time that they had a coach to win go win ten wins in the combined seasons since Gary Barnett in ninety nine and two thousand. That just goes to show you a team that won four games last year looks like it's about to double that win total up this year. There are a lot of people that's disappointed that coach Prime is doing so well because there are a lot of people that want to see him fail. But for whatever reason, maybe he didn't do an interview with you, maybe you don't like the way you know, they call him a faalse profit. I don't get it. I don't know why. It's not like you go into his church. You're not a member of his congregation.
Speaker 5: This is the funny thing. Even the people that want to see him fail think about everything. If you follow coach Prime's career. Everything you go, everywhere you go, even whether it's on the field, whether it's off the field, Everything he does and puts his time in it turns a goal. Everything he does and puts his time in, it comes into fruition and their success. It so if you watch him at the high school level, he succeeded. If you watch him at the cleegiate level, even at Jackson State, he succeeded. It was the only a matter of time. Even here at Colorado. Now you think about what he's done so far in such a short amount of time. What you think is gonna look like next year, What you think is gonna happen when the portal happened hits next year?
Speaker 1: What you think kid is gonna want to do.
Speaker 2: I'm worry about this year because unless they get another shador in Travis Hunter, let's.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead. Let's go ahead. Let's go ahead and get this year out the way.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You know, you know they gonna get a quarterbacks. You know the quarterbacks are going to want to come play there. I don't think that's gonna be the issue. Getting another player, getting another skilled player and snatches everybody else from one of those other Power five schools.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what, your door and Travis can be a top can both be top five picks. Now, what's the likelihood you get too top five picks out of the portal?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: So what's the likeness? What's the likelihood of you getting too top five picks out of the portal?
Speaker 1: Hey, there's some, it's some. It's some young bulls out there can play some ball.
Speaker 5: Now, Now the chance and getting two top five picks, I don't know, But you can't get some very very good quality players, especially quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're gonna see another Travis Hunn for a while.
Speaker 5: We can see another receiver, we can see another dynamic receiver that might transfer hit the portal and come here, but we won't see a two way player like that.
Speaker 2: I just think the thing is, Look, I mean to openly root for somebody to not have success, and I get it, you know everybody, because they expect black people to be humble, Be glad you're coaching, Be glad you got this, Be humble. They always expect us. But you know why why I gotta be humble. It ain't bragging. If I do what I say I can, right right, I mean right. And the thing is because a lot of times because he was so great, I mean, to be a professional football player and a baseball player simultaneous. So well, we couldn't root again, I mean, we couldn't do it, say anything bad about him because he was at the top of his game in one sport and he was a damn good player in another sport. So now I guess the only thing we can do is just root against his team, root against his players. Yeah, and if look, sometimes I expect sometimes of other people to do that. I just didn't expect that from from but I should expect it because where it's coming from from some people. Some of the people that's coming from, I expect nothing less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely, because they've always done it.
Speaker 5: They've always done it most of the time for what we not even afforded opportunities to be at be in positions of power like that, to be leaders of men, especially young men as that, so Cody know what it comes with, especially when you have a coach that's not afraid to say what he needs to say. He walks a certain way, he talked a certain way, and he doesn't abide by the guidelines of what it's like to be a head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He will.
Speaker 5: He marches by the beat of his own drum, and it rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does, it does.
Speaker 2: No, I don't root for the Cowboys, but I said, after Jared Jones did what he did in twenty sixteen, Yeah, if they don't want another game, I don't openly root for because I like, I like some of the players. I like Michael, I like dig I like some of the players. I don't have no problem. I don't have a problem with that. But after Jerry Jones and after way he fit, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, what happened in twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: Now did everybody knows what happened in twenty sixteen? We don't have to go back and everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Hold on, everybody gonna stand that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that he's done enough for the last couple of years. So, like I said, I don't if they don't win any games, as long as as long as he's in charge, that somebody else gets in charge. Hey, let's go Cowboys, because when the Cowboys win, everybody wins, all the networks win. The podcast we talk about what we talk about we win, but as long as he's at the helm, nah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, but y'all, y'all know who it is.
Speaker 2: Y'all know the guy that, oh, he's a false prophet and he's not gonna win.
Speaker 3: And you can't do this for the porter, now, don't. We don't.
Speaker 2: What we don't do is that we don't give people we don't talk about. We don't give call people names on our.
Speaker 1: Plaf Okay, hey, can you give me a hint, give me a hint?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I take you.
Speaker 2: But I think everybody in the chat knows who it is because he openly goes out of his weight and it seems like and the reason why a lot of these podcasts don't have success like a lot of the other because they're lazy. Because they don't want to do anything but talk about what you and I do, or what a coach isn't doing, or what somebody else is doing. They can't create any other they can't create any other content other than talk about what somebody else is doing.
Speaker 3: You're lazy.
Speaker 2: That's why you get five thousand views, That's why you have seven hundred and eighty people that watch your show at a time.
Speaker 3: Because you're lazy.
Speaker 1: Huh, I got a question. And whoever you talk about, they be talking about us, they.
Speaker 2: Talking about they won't talk about you. They talk about me. But because the people don't the people, but the people what you what, they fail to realize, Yes, there's some people that y that's in your boat, that they don't particularly care about me or the success that I'm starting to have. And so yeah, they gonna watch it. But there's a reason, there is a reason that the that that because you're so lazy and you can't talk about things, all you can talk about is people are doing or not doing.
Speaker 3: Your podcast create con create, and so.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me who it is so I can go out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, why would we lend why would we lend them our audience?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: See, listen, it's not about Lennons.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you got to set a president, you got to set up.
Speaker 1: If somebody talk about you, you gotta let me know, let.
Speaker 3: Me hand of your dirty let me tell you how we do it. Ohoe, We just let them down the vine.
Speaker 1: Just let them down the vine.
Speaker 3: And no, no, no, that's the thing, oh Joe. Leave them where they are.
Speaker 2: And then eventually people and people, people like Bro That's all you talk about is Shannon. What he's doing and what he's wearing, and he said this and he should have done that.
Speaker 3: When are you gonna create original content?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay?
Speaker 2: All these games? Do you know how many games get played on a Saturday? Do you know how many NFL games? How many basketball games? Do you know how many things are going on that doesn't involve Shannon? But seemingly four or five times a week, all you talk about is Shannon.
Speaker 3: What Shannon said on ESPN, What Shannon did? What bro damn?
Speaker 2: Now I don't mind it because what when sponsors and advertisers they see the impressions, they see the views, they're like, oh with lock with luck? Because you mean to tell me somebody's gonna continually talk about you and bring your name up? Y'all thought y'all did oh look at on look it up? Do y'all realize that total winds? How many cases of shape by Laportier, Total wines are purchase? I need y'all to go make some more videos. How did y'all make video? Because total wild love it? That's what y'all don't get. Y'all have made me way more popular than I probably would have been had y'all not done what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, make me popular too, make me popular because it's not cap Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Want to be famous too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's the thing, O Joe.
Speaker 2: But we're not lazy because Ash and I spend so much time and we run stuff by your producer okay and Ojoe, Okay, talking about this. We spend an enormous amount of time trying to create original content. Yeah, we get stuff that we think people want to talk about on the internet when it comes to dating or somebody did something to somebody car. But for the most part, most I would say ninety percent of our content is original love. We're not playing the game, but we're talking about games. We're talking about things that we think people want to talk about. Occasionally we have a dating thing in here or this or that, and sometimes we have to talk about what a player said or what a player has done off the field. But for the most part, we're talking about sports, and we're talking about culture. We're talking about entertainment and a lot of other things.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know what, you know what, And this is no disrespect to all the podcasts that out there. I love all of them. I love all of them. I'm not gonna name them all. But everybody has, you know, great content. Everybody is different. But there is no podcast like ours.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: We talked sports, we talk culture, we talked to think some of the things that are going in the world. But when it comes to the motherfucking stories, when it comes to the stories and the experiences that we've both been through. You know, some of yours are from the past, some of mine I'm living them now, and some of mine that that I live, you know, back in the day.
Speaker 1: Nothing touches that. It's it's so real, it's so authentic.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it is the people that are watching our watching our show, they hit some of the stories like god, damn, I relate that. But I mean they're going through the same stuff we went through.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know people, yes, but people, oh cho.
Speaker 2: When I tell a story, people people actually think I'm lying man, trying to get credit. Bro, You think I want to tell somebody somebody pulled a gun on me, or kick the door off the engine to get credit.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm fifty six.
Speaker 2: My cred days are over. My cred day it's over old. Joe, I can't get no cred You ain't grow up like that. Why would somebody tell a story O joe about no having no indoor plumbing. Why would somebody have to tell that they had to go outside to use the bathroom until there were twenty years of age if that wasn't true.
Speaker 3: But all I say, all I got to say is this.
Speaker 2: Anybody that thinks any story that I'm telling, I'll match you. Put up a million dollars and I'll go get depleted the players that were involved.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Anybody just says unk lying about anything that I've said. Now, the lady, the lady with the lobster story, I couldn't be I couldn't remember her name and I couldn't find her. But the story about but the dude pulling the gun, the guy kicking the door off the.
Speaker 3: Head, Yeah yeah, me growing up, how.
Speaker 2: I grew up and eating what I All you gotta do is put up the money money, talk bullgeye walk yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And people be telling me my stories be fake and be false. Everything I say is real.
Speaker 3: Shit, and they hateros.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out if Steven they get fifty million dollars a year. How much money is coming out of your pocket. That's Disney, that's ESPN. Y'all should be rooting for a brother man to get that kind of money because think about it, that gives everybody else an opportunity, because that's the measuring stick. I don't get, Hey, I want him to get it, cause you know who coming in the door after.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Hey, yeah, I'm gonna be right behind you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be right behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's that's the thing. I mean.
Speaker 2: Look like I said, I've known Prime for a long time.
Speaker 3: He is what he is.
Speaker 2: I mean, we joke like. I don't bother him as much now because he got a lot more on his plate. I bother them a little bit when he's at Jackson State. I bothered to ask a lot more when he was coaching his sons in high school. But I just I just want us to win because the money is out there. The money is out there, And because just because not Cap gets something, that doesn't mean something got taken away from you, right because Club Sha Get is a sponsor that Okay, y'all make it seem like the financial you got, the pets, you got cars, you got hotels. So if if a sponsor does something with me, what you mean to tell me you can't go to another one a credit card or a cellular service. I'm confused, Yea. I look at somebody's like, okay, I got a team. See if they be interested. If they're not interested, guess what all them sell providers, all those cars. I look at it. Hey, it ain't that hard, O Joe. It's not that hard. But I look, I said, we try to be original, That's what we try to do. And I think what sets us apart is that we can tell stories. And the way I can tell a story I have. I've always been the guys. When I was in Denver, they used to call me the storyteller.
Speaker 3: Come out.
Speaker 2: I have a great memory, and I can remember things damn near verbatim of how they happen. But lie about what because you know what has happened.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 2: People have lied and been deceitd for so much that the truth is shocking. Ain't no way that can be truth because what you see on the internet, what you see on social media, what people have done to constantly try to deceive people and pull the wolver.
Speaker 3: But at this point, in fifty six.
Speaker 2: What you see is what you get, A big old black, fifty six year old country mofo.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Sam saying I'm not gonna change.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too it's too late in the game to change now, because this is served me or my family, my friends, not Cap Club Shah, anything that I've been associated with, the Broncos, the Ravens, it served as well. But uh, we're gonna We're gonna be all right. Oh Joe, we got something. Oh yeah, you think the door Sanders side in Texas Tech fans tortilla after Colorado Wild's road victory. Ash is telling me, oh, Joe, that's their thing. Like Mississippi State has cow bells, cow bells. Certain schools have certain traditions. I guess Texas Tech is throwing tortillas on the throwing tortillas on the field. So I guess after uh on Saturdays, you better be already stocking up for your tortillas. Are you not eating what they put what they put in tortillas case of deals or what they put in tortillas tacos?
Speaker 3: Okay me? Oh yeah, marito burrito. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you hadn't stopped up because all these college fans they going and they buy them.
Speaker 3: Throw them on the field.
Speaker 2: I guess it's kind of like what is that Detroit Red Wings where they throw fish or on the ice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or queen somebody somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, and so uh but should do or signed one of them? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, hey, uh, we're gonna get a copyright. So we asked, Okay, you.
Speaker 5: Saw Travis Hunner put the to t in his pants before the snap of.
Speaker 2: The but yes, yeah, uh yeah, yeah, guys, we gotta be so we don't and people like sometimes they've asked why we don't really show a whole lot of stuff at U, O Joe. Is that we gotta We got a copyright, and so we got about another what we got two copyrights, so for the next okay, we got fifty five days. We've already done thirty five of them. And so and what happens, guys if you use somebody else, and I guess with what happened was this is what happened, O Joe. And I don't even I've never shared this with you. Is that you remember that we showed the clip of travel of Cam being on the field that you see, and he was talking to he was talking to Travis and he's talking to Shador okay. Ash got the footage from the end of it from Twitter. We didn't know whose it was. I mean, they had already been tweeted blah blah blah, all all of a sudden, all over it everywhere, it was everywhere. Well, the guy that footage that it was, he put a thing into YouTube. YouTube flagged us so in the pop so they took they took it down. Not only did they take it down, the money that we would have that we would have made.
Speaker 1: He got, oh hell, god, no.
Speaker 3: Check this out. We had it. So now what we did? You know, we cut it.
Speaker 2: We had a breakout clip, right, it was the same clip, but he said we had posted it again. So they took that one down, gave us a second copyright infringement, and gave him the monetization.
Speaker 3: From that clip. And oh so so he took our money, he took all he took it off. That's that's fine. I ain't got a problem with that.
Speaker 2: But the problem is is the two strikes, we get a third strike, they take Nightcap down. So we got no channel. So that's why we've been extra careful. And then then what happened is that we reached out and tried to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: He wanted to come on Nightcap spend at least five to ten minutes talking. He wanted us to promote. He wanted us to do a segment about that video, every single breakout clip with him, every single week. In other words, to make a long story short. I'm not gonna get too far into it.
Speaker 1: He wanted every week.
Speaker 2: He wanted us to leave the video permanently, so to make a long story short. He wanted us to build his YouTube channel. That was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hey man, we got to put our shasties on.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He took our money, man.
Speaker 3: Bro don't worry. Look, oh Joe, we get that money back.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm just I don't like the way he moving.
Speaker 2: I don't like what it is. It is what it is. Had we had we known, well we don't. Ohoe. Do you know how much money that I lost from that Cat Williams clip?
Speaker 1: Mh.
Speaker 2: Probably if I had got a lot like Joe Rogan. You can't use Joe Rogan clips. Had I just set it up? Say you can't use my clips, right. I probably it's that we've added like one hundred and fifty your views just on my YouTube channel. Yes, sir, we probably would have done five hundred and six hundred million views and what what I've made you probably triple it.
Speaker 3: But I said, you know what.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold on, don't even worry about We gonna get that back there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, But that was that was.
Speaker 1: Because right now the cup run is over.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, I'm gonna preach. I'm not gonna preach, but the cup running over.
Speaker 2: But my thing was, bro, I said, Bro, we don't have no problem bringing you on, but you're not gonna tell us how long we got to have you on four You're not gonna tell us we have to leave your video up for perpetuity. You're not gonna tell us we've got to promote your your your channel. That ain't happening. We got them. And he wanted he wanted us on all the channels, media channel to follow him, and he wanted me to follow him personally.
Speaker 5: What hey, what's his name to me?
Speaker 3: But guess what?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Can I ask your question? He worked for Colorado for the bus. No, because I'm going to the game next weekend.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, O Joe, it's all good. Look, we're gonna, we're gonna stay out the arms. Wait for the next fifty five days. We're gonna get We're gonna nah nah, hell nah, we're gonna. We're gonna, we're gonna get. We're gonna get those those two things removed, and we're gonna be yeah, because what happens is that it slows the viewership. Now we're not as the algorithm doesn't recommend us like it was dead. That's why if you notice, if you notice our subscribers have slowed, I've been hold on.
Speaker 5: You know what I could do now, you know, I got the connection, I know the people like YouTube, I know the CEO.
Speaker 1: So if you even to make a call, let me know.
Speaker 2: No, we're good. No, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna. We're gonna play it by the book the right way. Okay, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna wait out. We've been great for thirty five days. We got fifty five more days sold, fifty five more days. So by like the twentieth of December, we're gonna be straight but a fact, it's a valuable lesson. I'm ash moving forward, team moving forward, reach out ask because a lot of times like they'll reach out, like house and high lights and people, they'll reach out. Can we use can we use this? Can I use that?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't know. We didn't know because about a lot because we didn't know who it was. We're blown to like if somebody had something out there. I was like, okay, sure, but a lot of people will reach out seanon. Can we use this clip from Club Shashae? Can we use this from Nightcap? Sure?
Speaker 3: No problem? Yeah, no problem, But we didn't.
Speaker 2: Had we known, we would have gone through the steps, just like people go through the steps when it comes to Shasha when it comes to Nightcap. Absolutely, but we didn't know. But it's a lesson learned. You live and learn. Ain't no problem. Yeah he got, he got, he got the money that we would have made from that episode and that clip.
Speaker 3: It's all good, O Joe. You can't stop progress.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely not, I said, because one thing, by god, he got favored.
Speaker 1: Now come on now, yeah he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he tried to, and I was like I thought about it. I said, nah, nah, I said, Nah, we're not finna, We're not negotiate with a terrorists. You're not hold hostage. We made an honest mistake, Bro, You actually you actually think we did this on purpose? You think we did this on purpose.
Speaker 5: It's the world we live in. Uh, it's the world we live in. Most people are they they're they're opportunistic, especially when they've known you made an honest mistake.
Speaker 3: It's all good. Nah. I know I don't want him to get banned.
Speaker 2: I don't want I would not reach out, I would not tell time to do anything because I want the young brother to make his money.
Speaker 3: I want him to get his money.
Speaker 2: And he felt this was the best way for him to try to like come up by all me, do what you need to do, Bro.
Speaker 1: But dang, damn, I'm sorry to hear that man that happened.
Speaker 2: Hey, he took food off both our tables. I ain't I ain't the only one that lost out. But everybody, I mean everybody. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We got a big staff here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Hell, I didn't know until we had I had a meeting, Like we.
Speaker 3: Got twenty people.
Speaker 2: Dang, you got twenty when you had a nightcap and a club twenty and that's not even that's not even talking about Shelley, just just the people because Nightcap is every single day. So we got I mean, as we're talking, oh Joe, we probably already got to clip up with Alabama. We probably already got that posted. So we got people doing graphics, we got two people doing yes, yes, yeah, we got producers and everything. We got people damn near working around the clock to spit out. Hey cut it, and it's gonna go out a certain amount of time, right, So oh yeah, it's a big undertaking. It's a lot of you know, people think, oh, you know, you can do this if do you do it right? Because I wanted to look professionally done. I always wanted to be the best. I want people to like, Okay, look at the lighting, look at X, Y and Z, look at the graphics. And we're always trying to see we have graphics for every segment.
Speaker 3: We have a ticker. We try to have it.
Speaker 2: We try to be as professional as we possibly can because we believe our viewing and listening audience, because they're giving us their eyes and their ears, they deserve the absolute best. And I'm not gonna be standing and try to save money while shortchanging the fans that listen to Club Shay, that listen to Nightcap.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna happen. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So I just want you guys to know that we do everything we possibly can to bring you the best single show every single night, every night that we're on Sunday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. Club Shay Shape we pay a lot. Ay we spend as tons of money. I mean just just for the sites when we go on the road, you know, Yeah, we spent I think for location fees. Just for Club shap Shape, we spent three quarters of a million dollars. Who that's not including the camera pool. I'm just saying for the venue that we gonna use. That's what we spend because we want to make sure it's right. We want to make sure it's done right. And so we because I believe, I believe my fans deserve that. I believe people that listen to Nightcap if they're gonna take time out of their schedule.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm so hard on the crew.
Speaker 2: I say, these people, you got these people standing up midnight one, two, three in the morning, and we're gonna give them. No, we're not gonna do that. That's not what we're gonna do. And I understand things happen, but the damn sure better not happen more than once. So for the next fifty five days, guys, we can't show y'all no videos.
Speaker 3: I said all that.
Speaker 2: I said all that chat to tell y'all we can't show y'all no videos. So that's hopefully what we'll do. We'll like explain it to you and then you can go see it and then you can put two and two together and you can use your imagination of what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: So a matter of fact, you know what you know what I want be playing. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you know now that you're in the podcast world, you know you know Joshi, I don't.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, very very good friend of mine.
Speaker 5: He created an app I had a long time ago called mad Chad, right, yeah, and he is very very very when I say, very well connected, very well connected when it comes to the world of podcast.
Speaker 1: YouTube.
Speaker 5: So when I when I when I said that statement, most people in the chat would probably say, you know, he's joking, But I really have to get away from the middle man to go straight to the tone.
Speaker 1: That's why what I said. Yeah, but we want to want to do it, want to do so.
Speaker 2: They can go see it at some point in time, the video like a video or something. Yeah, So what we're trying to do, we'll try to post a link that you can go watch the video that Ocho and I were talking about, so you'll get a better understanding. But because it's kind of hard, like when you know, we say something and we don't have because a lot of times, don't you remember we used to talk over the video, right, and so people could actually see what was going on, and so we could explain and you know, you had your take on what why you thought it was this or that. I would have my take why I thought it was that or this. But it's kind of hard, but hopefully you guys understand. But fifty bear would for fifty fifty five more days. Can you give us five more days and we'll be right back at it. And I promise you gods, we won't make this mistake again.
Speaker 1: Like January January, we'd.
Speaker 2: Be like like, uh we we're thirty five days in Uh so we got fifty five more days. So like middle of this, like middle of December. Okay, okay, okay, okay, because we we got what twenty one more days? The day is the night, the day is the night. So there's thirty days in November, thirty days in November and.
Speaker 1: Then okay, so around damn the damn Christias times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but we're good.
Speaker 1: To be good, like I said, be a good gift. That'd be a good yeah us.
Speaker 2: And then and then and then guess what we have all the strikes removed. We would have gone through the process. Hey, yes, we disputed it, but but what's the dispute? We had the video up? Yeah, he said, we you know, we used we used this thing unknown we did. I mean, we wanted to use it, but we didn't know the channels to go. You know what I'm saying, the goat you know who who had belonged to because they hadn't been tweeted because it was a viral clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we didn't really know who it belonged to.
Speaker 1: I bet he ain't do that to nobody else.
Speaker 2: No, he did, he did. I think it was about twenty people he said. You know, he had a big thing. He was he was proud of it.
Speaker 1: Oh he went and capitalized then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he was. He was happy about it.
Speaker 2: That thank you YouTube that you know, people you know, you know trying to you know, I'm just honest, you know, Like I said, we spent far too much time. Number sixteen Old Miss defeated number three Georgia twenty eight to ten. After taking the opening series, Old Miss recorded five sacks, nine tackle for losses, four for a force, four fumbles, and intercepted Carson a Carson back pass. Old Miss fans rushed the fields, carrying the gold posts through the streets from Artford. That dark who was thirteen to twenty two, passing four one hundred and ninety nine yards with the interception the Old Miss. The Old Miss rebels finished with three hundred and ninety seven total yards. They did a job with the mojo, They did a job. They got after Georgia, Georgia. Georgia Georgia. Problem is their quarterback. Now, I don't know how what they saw in this guy to have this guy. He was like he was the number one prospect quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he I got I got a question.
Speaker 5: With all these ten and two teams right in the sec you feel like there's a paradigm shift in the conference.
Speaker 3: Oh it's yet, but look, yeah.
Speaker 1: It shift shifted completely.
Speaker 2: Well, you were you brought Texas in. I mean, I think the thing is ojoe. And now you got twelve teams, right, because when you only had four, it would pretty much be over for a lot of teams. But because you have twelve, so now you're gonna get eight more teams that had no chance.
Speaker 3: The previous years. Yeah, so thirteen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you get in with three losses, but they're gonna be some teams because they're gonna be some teams with two losses that get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, but think about think about when I talk about the paradigm shift, it's been Alabama, Georgia, Alabamajorgia, Alabama, Georgia, Majoria, Alabama, Georgia.
Speaker 1: I mean consistently year and the year out. Now, man, listen, everything is changing.
Speaker 5: The landscape of who's probably going to be in the playoffs is changing.
Speaker 3: I think what you're looking at it you're talking about the SEC.
Speaker 2: It's been Alabama, Georgia, Alabama, Georgia, Alabama, Georgia, Alabama, Georgia. And it still could. But Texas has one loss A and m has one loss. And these are some teams. I think Texas played. No, the Texas play for the They played in the NCC Championship game last year.
Speaker 3: Right was it.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: This is their first year in the SEC.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So I think the thing is Oho is that you're gonna have It's gonna be tough. I don't think Oklahoma's gonna be down forever, right right, But yeah, it's a situation where the likelihood of you seeing Georgia and Alabama dominate like they once did. No, but they did a job on them, Joe, they did a job on them. And I'm not I'm surprised. I'm not surprised given how cars how poorly Carson back has played, because they won some games in which you threw three interceptions and consecutive games, and they won those games because they were so much better than the opposing team, a team that doesn't turn the ball over.
Speaker 3: As much as you do. Now you see what.
Speaker 1: Happened, and Italient is just about yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Lane Kiffin is a hell of a coach.
Speaker 2: Now, he has a very unorthodox way, and I think he kind of rubbed coach saving the wrong way.
Speaker 3: But there is no denying that he can coach. There's no denying he can coach that.
Speaker 2: And you know, normally the guys that come up under Sabing, they earned something when they were there. More so than you know, Lane Kiffin was under coach Saban Kirby Smart, Jimbo Fisher. There's been a lot of Billy Napier. I mean, you go back and look got Locksley at Maryland. You go back and look at this tree. Go look at college football, to look at coach Saban's tree. Right, that thing like a grant, a giant redwood. He got some coaches on it. Yeah, but Old Messter number sixteen, Old mess defeats number three Georgia twenty eight to ten and keeps their SEC Championship game hopes alive, keeps their college football playoffs oaps alive. Georgia Tech upsets number four Miami twenty eight. Oh Joe, you can't keep living. He can't live keep living on a prayer, bro, You tempting faith, You're tempting faith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man cam Ward had.
Speaker 2: An unbelievable game throwing the ball, but they got stopped three times on fourth down. The last time he got stopped on fourth down and he fumbled the football and Georgia Tech was able to win.
Speaker 1: It's gonna hurt and that sack fumble hurt Man at the end, Brian something.
Speaker 5: If I think, I'm honestly believe that they were going to go down to score if it wasn't for that sack fumble.
Speaker 2: Well that was fourth down, so they weren't gonna go down unless they got a first down football.
Speaker 5: They were gonna get the first to be able to continue to continue to drive in the series.
Speaker 1: I really, I really was.
Speaker 5: I was hoping, and I really felt, you know what, these boys are gonna come in if God was gonna answer their prayers and they were gonna be ten to zero.
Speaker 1: But is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Georgia Tech ran the ball forty eight times two hundred and seventy one yards.
Speaker 3: When you run the ball like that, what do you do? You can go to the clock.
Speaker 2: You that that that that that high powered Miami passing offense off the field. Cam Woard was sensational again. He was twenty five or thirty nine three forty eight, three touchdowns, no pick. They ran the ball twenty four times for eighty six yards. But they are throwing football team. They're not a passing team. Cam Ward was the Heisman favorite going into that game. I don't know if he still is coming out of that game, damn, because they lost.
Speaker 3: They lost, Man, they lost.
Speaker 1: So who I mean, let's say okay, they let's.
Speaker 2: Say I still think Travis Hunter is the best player in college football. I think if they win or if they win another how many more games do they have? Ash two or three?
Speaker 1: You gotta be more than three.
Speaker 2: They got three left. They got three games left. If they make the Big Cost Championship, they have four.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Remember last year Jane Daniel won the Heisman losing three games. I think that was the most losses for a Heisman winner in a very very long time. Yeah, normally that won maybe two games. But Jen Dames won it last year, and he deserved to win because he was essentially he was clearly college football best player. I mean, look, what did Genty do tonight? Did he have a big game rusher?
Speaker 3: Oh uh? But what do you what do you think? Oo? Miami, But you can't keep.
Speaker 2: Living like that, Ojo everything you think about the Cow game, they came back, the Duke game, they came back.
Speaker 3: There was another game that they came from behind and they won.
Speaker 5: They we the Hurricanes got to find a way to be consistent and efficient awful quarters.
Speaker 1: Yes, no more laughses, no more, No more starting slow.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure why they always start slow and always play hero ball towards the end of the game, end of the third, middle of the third, coming out of halftime. They got to hit the ground running from start to finish. Yes, but there's there's no reason they should have lost to Georgia Tech. Obviously, Georgia Tech did play a good football game today, but teams like I think when it comes to teams like that, if you want to be the Hurricanes as all, you're come into a.
Speaker 1: Game like this and you win convincingly, You win convincingly.
Speaker 5: You just have to if you are who you think you are right now as far as how far the Hurricanes are coming and proving you know that that that school in that program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what happens, oh Joe, Because see the thing is is that when you play a team, and the longer you leave a team in a game in which you're supposed to win, the more confidence you give them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My college coach ed always say, say son killing that with a sledge O we're better than that team. But if you leave them in a game long enough, they're gonna start turning cart wheels. They're gonna start feeling good about themselves, and they gonna believe they can beat ass. And so I always kept that in the back of my mind. Okay, yeah, I think we should. We're better than this team. We won six games, they won no games, and all of a sudden, here we are in late in the third quarter and that we're up ten to seven. Now they believe they they believe they belong and now a game that we should have won. You know, we got sloppy. We done throw a pick, or we fumbled the ball, or whatever the case may be. I had a drop on third down or something. We've allowed a team to stand into a ball game we should have put away at the first in the first half.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what's happened with Georgia Tech.
Speaker 2: They keep starting slow, o Joe, and you're giving these teams hope you giving these teams. They're like, man, man, it's the third quarter and we're right here with the number fourteen, number three team in the country.
Speaker 3: Now you got hell on your hands. And it's kind of like a boxing match, jojo.
Speaker 2: Hey, the longer you lead the alone, you lead the underdog in that it's like, hey, maud, I'm still here, I'm round.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At that point it's a punch that you got to punch.
Speaker 2: His chain exactly, exactly, got and so. And that's what Georgia Tech says, Hey, here we are in the fourth quarter. Mm hmm uh we're up. But give the give the yellow jackets credit od Joe. I mean that they're tough. I mean, look, you don't see an offense like they run often on the whole. A whole lot of teams run the wishbone or the broken bone to beer or whatever you want to call it. You know, yes, maybe Army, Navy, uh Tech, but not a whole lot of teams. They used a lot of teams used to run. Everybody used to run in the Big in the Big Eighth before it became the Big twelve. You had Nebraska and Colorado and Oklahoma and Oakie State. Uh, Tennessee, there are a lot of teams running the wishbone to beer. The wordlybird option in Tennessee call there's the wordly Bird. But now only a few teams the because you have to be found every single play. If you you got the pullback, get the pullback. If you got the pitch man, take the pitch man. If you got the quarterback, take the quarterback. Because the one time you don't own your responsibility and he gives that ball to the fullback, he gonna hit his head on the gold post. Yeah and so, but give Georgia Tech credit six and four, four to three. In the Conference ninety one Miami. Miami was undefeated. Number four Hurricanes lose. They go down to Georgia. Hey, they went down to Georgia looking for a Solda steal. They're troubling mind that droven the line looking make it a deal. You know, Charlie Daniels Dever drove down to Georgia looking for a Solda steel.
Speaker 5: You know about Charlie Danias, Man, I know a lot about Charlie. Yes, Man, the Hurricanes, like mccoach used to say, man in high school. Man, don't play down to your competition. Don't play down for your competition. You leave him in the game and this is the results you get.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 2: Quinn Yours throws five touchdown passes as the number five Texas Longhorns drum the struggling Florida Gators forty nine to seventeen quinn ewards, thirty three passing yards, five touchdown, and the number five Texas roll over the struggling Florida two days after the third year Gators coach Billy Napier, Napier was given a public statement of support from the school's athletic director. I just don't know, o Joe. That's still Florida. That's still the Florida Gators national champion. They've had national champions they've had Heisman Trophy winners, they've won national championships.
Speaker 1: You can't blame it.
Speaker 5: You can't blame the coach, academics. Ad needs to understand and understand in order to compete, you got to have the players in know they had the players. You got to open up that pocketbook. Oh yeah, it's a.
Speaker 1: Different time now.
Speaker 5: Players, the players in Florida aren't staying in Florida anymore. At what point they was picking between three different schools. He was either going to Miami, was going for the state. You was going to sort of one or the other. You're not gonna be the powerhouse you were or you used to be what you used to doing. You're not gonna win like that. You got to open up your pocketbook, open up your purse. I don't know who the athletic director is out there in Gainesville, but it's the only way, baby.
Speaker 1: It's the only.
Speaker 3: I think, jo Yo. The thing is is that when you look at it, when you looking at a Power five and.
Speaker 2: You're looking at a team in the big team, you're looking at the team in the Big twelve, you're looking at a team in sec.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can go pro from any of them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now if I can get if the end result, I can end up in my destination, right, who gonna make sure I'm the coolest when I arrive at that destination? Meaning who gonna make sure Mama got a nice crib? Who gonna make sure I'm driving a Lambeau truck? Who's gonna make sure I'm driving for a Lambeau or or coloring it. I didn't need to know who's gonna make sure that before I get that, because I need to rib in style. I mean I can't just I can't look at charge a challenger are nice? Yeah, but I need a little bit more.
Speaker 1: It's a different ball game, sure, And I ain't mad at them, got to pay to play man?
Speaker 2: They talk about third string, walk on quarterback, Tell the joint, Tell the Florida fans that.
Speaker 5: Tell them boosters that anybody boosts know they see the landscape on how everybody else is doing. They're seeing what teams are doing. You got to pay to play baby, that's it. Yeah, that's who we are.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I ain't mad at him either, and I'm mad. I am not mad. Get that money. Get it because.
Speaker 3: Do you see did you.
Speaker 2: See what the es being paid for the sec rights? Did you see it when Fox paid for the Big ten rights? So y'all want all that money go to the school and the players don't get nothing. Oh they got an education and.
Speaker 1: Educate these pockets.
Speaker 3: That's what I need.
Speaker 2: So I mean college kids, they got agents, they can ages. Now they got CPA's. Because you get this anim money, you gotta pay taxes. Just caut you seventy eighteen. Uther Sam tax your.
Speaker 1: Ass to everybody.
Speaker 3: Get it.
Speaker 1: He coming to get it.
Speaker 3: Oh, he want his money.
Speaker 1: And if you don't, if you don't pay it, not, you're gonna pay it later.
Speaker 2: Sure will because I I've been man under Sam odder than me, and it costs more for the postage than what he got. But he want his money. Oh I pay, I overpay. They'd be sending me little. They send me money back, or I let.
Speaker 1: It roll over.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're not gonna get me cause they gonna let that thing roll. Let it go, let the entrance build up. It's just a double your ass up. And then because they already know, like you know what, he can cover this right now, let's not bother let it go, let it go interest. Then guess what once they added you, they take that thing way back.
Speaker 1: They go way back, way back.
Speaker 3: They go back. They go back with you like confeets, y'all go way all the way back.
Speaker 5: Listen, you know when you're a high draft pick, you know how far back them scouts go to do their homework on you before they.
Speaker 1: Invest that money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go to high school.
Speaker 1: That's how far back Uncle Sam got.
Speaker 3: Will he wanted all his money.
Speaker 5: I'll never forget my draft process. Talking to Mike Brown, Duke Tobin sat down and talked with Duke and they told me and they gave me understanding of the process. Why did they go back and talk to my elementary teachers?
Speaker 3: Why they go back?
Speaker 1: I talked to my teachers in junior high.
Speaker 5: What does what I did the elementary and junior high have to do with me being at the NFL level where I'm still not the same person I was in elementary and junior high.
Speaker 1: They went back.
Speaker 3: Fun They're gonna make sure you're not that same person.
Speaker 5: Hey, God dawg, the stuff, the stuff that I mean for those of you in the chat, I mean, you should see the research that teams scouts do before they invest in these players and pay them all that money. They went, they go all the way back, but they should, I mean, elementary, junior high, college.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, think about it.
Speaker 2: If you're about to invest fifty million dollars in the property, you just gonna take the last You're gonna just take the last year, or you're gonna go all the way back. Hey, Yeah, fIF team invest in millions, millions and millions and millions of dollars. I mean, anytime you invest that kind of money in something, you want to know exactly what I'm getting. Yeah, I just want to make sure it ain't no ain't no funny business.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was in college because I gotta make sure because the money doesn't change it. It makes you more about you already are. Now, I just want people to understand that money does not change you. It makes you more of what you already are. Oh if you acted like a jerk and you acting crazy. Now, sometimes you see guys it clicks for him. Man, I'm in this position. I'm in this situation, my mom, dad, grandma, my family. Straight man, I can't mess this, sir. And sometimes you throw caution to the wind. Ain't nothing happen to me? And you do crazy stuff and then people are like, well, now, I don't know what, but when you if you'd done your homework. M The guy told the story, what's the Oklahoma State black Man? When the Jacksonville justin black.
Speaker 1: Boy? He was nice.
Speaker 2: The guy told him, say, you know what, they was thinking about drafting him. Obviously he was the best receiver. Go down to Oklahoma State, say spend week down there. Guess who was in the bar every single day for a week having drinks. Tell the people that, humbo joe, what happened.
Speaker 1: Is in the bar every week, every day for a week.
Speaker 2: That's not an accident. What's the likelihood? And I go somewhere and I see that person in that bar, every single day for a week. That's not his pattern the behavior. So are we surprised that what transpired for him once he got to the NFL. No, we're not, because that's who he was and now that he had think about it. If you ain't got no money, you know when you in college, you ain't really got no money. You drinking private stock, you drinking booms for him, You drinking Big Moth mickey, you.
Speaker 3: Drinking bull dry. You get some money, man, you're getting velvet, You getting the good stuff. You would afford the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Shot.
Speaker 3: So that's that's the thing.
Speaker 2: And I don't have a problem with guys invest Yes, I'm gonna find out as much as I possibly can because I'm about to invest. Right you in buy a building, or you buy a laundry mat, or you buy something. I need to know you gome back as far as you possibly can the revenue that it generates. Okay, has there ever been leans on this property? What's the Okay? When you buy a house, what you do you have somebody else? Do you come to do some appraisal or do appraisal of the house. They do a walk through of the house.
Speaker 1: Not just you.
Speaker 2: You have somebody that doesn't have invested interest in it to go, Okay, give me your assessment. What is the actual value of this property that I'm about to purchase because I'm I'm about to invest some money in
Speaker 3: It, so I don't I don't have I don't have a problem with it, right