Speaker 1: Low's knows that free makes everything better. That's why our rewards members get free standard shipping on the things they need and want. Starting at silver key status. Every day savings for Rewards members add up fast, So why wait? Join for free today? Loves we have you say? Not available in Alaska, Hawaii. Exclusions and more terms apply. Loyalty program subject to terms and conditions. Details at lows dot com. Slash Shipping terms subject to change.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about Twitter and Square to start the show off. So we've been talking about Square for the last couple of weeks. Today Jack Dorsey news broke that Jack Dorsey is stepping down as CEO of Square, So a, what does that mean? And now is it is it time to buy Square?
Speaker 3: How fitting was it that he put it out in that tweek? Hey, I heard there was news that I'm leaving. I am can't tank the stock. You gotta leave on good terms. You know, short answers. I've been telling you guys, Squares the new JP Morgan all year. Interesting fact that I was listening.
Speaker 4: To Josh Brown early on CNBC and he was like when he took over CEO, the stock prices at forty five eight years ago today it was at forty five bucks. There is no competitive eventage that Twitter has over Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, tender bumble, YouTube, which is part social media. I told you, guys, see a couple of weeks ago, you see that crystal ball going real bright, that he was either going to have to merge them or leave and just run one. Square would be the obvious pick. The value is a hell of a lot better. And because of course how valuable bitcoin and crypto is going, he picked a better player of the two. That's why I'll tell you guys like you need a competitive advantage in the business for it to be viable for you to put all your time in energy.
Speaker 2: And a let me just let me just correction. He stepped down from two, not square, Twitter, Twitt me, just let me just correct.
Speaker 5: I thought that's what you said.
Speaker 2: I said, I said square.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry I had you befuddled by my anger. I'm good, pineapple juice some straight. I'm not gonna go off the rails. Shout out to l I. I got it together. I got the purple in the backfield.
Speaker 5: See you all pro But square is made.
Speaker 4: I've been telling you guys, forever, and even when PayPal dropped first, you were like, hey, is Square.
Speaker 5: Gonna Square is going to rebound fast. It's a better company.
Speaker 4: Hold Square for the next five years and you will be a Okay, I promise you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you want to.
Speaker 3: So the stock open in twenty thirteen at forty one dollars. It's now at forty five dollars, so you're talking eight years and the stock is I mean, it hasn't made any money, right, So if you've had that stock the entire time, you've gained pretty much nothing. So they just can't figure out a way. They have a large user base, they have the biggest, one of the biggest voices in social media, especially during the presidential but they just didn't have the money.
Speaker 5: So people were like, hey, well he's leaving Twitter. He'll have more.
Speaker 3: Time for Square, right, more time for Square needs more time for Bitcoin, which he said is if he wasn't doing either, that's what he would spending his time. So the rioting's been on the wall, right, So I'm gonna take you down the timeline right of how they've been. He's been heading this thing on the whole time. So in twenty eighteen, Cash app, which is owned by Square, starts allowing users to buy and sell bitcoin. In July, they created a new business dedicated to building decentralized finance. They called it Said to Be Determined, Right was TBD That was the name of it, right, So was so focused was making it an easy, permissionless decentralized financial services.
Speaker 5: That's in July.
Speaker 3: In October, right, they jumped into the bigcoin mining business. Okay, so there's been signs this whole time. They actually created a white paper for TBD e X. The next news that they broke I think that was early this month, is that they're creating a hardware wallet.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Okay, you see where his focus is writing at at all? Right, Like the writing has been on the wall.
Speaker 3: So if you were thinking, hey, I wonder if he's going to focus on bitcoin now.
Speaker 5: And he has Square, so he's going to focus on that.
Speaker 3: They've been putting these signs out there the entire Yeah, even the deal on the beach. I'll just say that I was going, I was just going to when you would like, I'm like, yo, Jay is with Jack Dorsey. Something's happening, right, And then we sold the title deal and you broke it down eloquently.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh man, here it comes. And so we've been saying Square And if.
Speaker 3: You were in if you were in the Apollo Theater on Friday night, I put up on a jumbo tron.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go with that.
Speaker 3: We're going with that, a big screen. When you looked at the call that I had, it was what company Square?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: Because as we believe in it, and I told you my brother Ian has been saying it and I agree with him. And we told you exactly where I was going to get it at and how I was looking at it.
Speaker 5: The news breaks today, be ready, y'all.
Speaker 2: I spoke about Square on Kenny Burns. Shot to my brother Kenny Burns. Yeah, shots, Kenny Burns. We spoke about Square today on Kenny brn Shaw because I knew it was a trending topic, and we spoke about it, you know, several different times on market Monday. So yeah, it's been co Soliday. We said this before, but it's been consolidating and it is twenty five percent off of it's fifty two week high.
Speaker 5: No way like that.
Speaker 2: So b be very mindful of Square if you're interested in it. Of course, through your research, understand what you're investing in before you invest.
Speaker 5: But can we talk about two.
Speaker 4: Or four one or the two areas to get in you, guys would be good if I made money?
Speaker 5: Put yes and chat my.
Speaker 3: My dms have been getting flooded. They're yo, Troy, look at Disney, Look at Disney, Look at Disney. Right, And I'm like, guys, I think you might be confusing with the day trader.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: My main focus of even speaking on Friday was to tell you that the market pays those who were patient. Right, if that was our number when we said one sixty, if I see that one forty three shot.
Speaker 5: He talks about it all the time. What we're gonna do. We're gonna average down there, low and behold and low and behold.
Speaker 3: There's this guy on CNBC who has a stock club now who decides to put Disney as his pick going forward because shouts of Jim Crave for sure.
Speaker 5: Uh, he put it at his pick.
Speaker 3: He told his whole club, look, Disney, if you if you're selling it now, your short vision on it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: It's kind of one of these companies where and we know what the new variant, right, we can see things flipping around and people will concern. But Disney ran up during the pandemic because of extreaming service. Right, so when if things open up, and at some point they obviously will, they already they're ready.
Speaker 5: They're already set up to succeed. Right.
Speaker 3: They got a whole new cruise line there. They've already announced with twenty twenty two. I think ninety two percent of the missions already sold out.
Speaker 5: They're primed to have a nice little run and come back to shou out to everybody that was in there. You don't have to keep dming me. I see it. Y'all out to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Mickey and Minnie.
Speaker 5: Disney said, shout out to me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm on energy tonight. We can do that, Disney one seven h How take Disney needs to get rid of some of those amusement parks and probably go down to one, probably the one in Florida.
Speaker 5: I know, everybody.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day, It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member fdiic.
Speaker 5: Erners. What's up?
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 5: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 3: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start run anger. It's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Nohm, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, you're next. You will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app, and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally, do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 4: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department at Homeland Security. Go to disagree again, somebody else has said, but I'm telling you now, if they get rid of that and focus more extreamly, they'll be a okay, hold it for long term, you guys will be good.
Speaker 2: Let's go into this because obviously the Apollo was the hardest ticket to get.
Speaker 5: You to stop hub R.
Speaker 2: We didn't make it to stop hub. They was actually selling tickets on in the after market market.
Speaker 5: Yo, now going.
Speaker 3: I heard an offer, no joke, I heard an offer like yo, I'll tell you six hundred right now for a ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely saw it. Tickets on stuff of about three fifty four hundred. We made it, you know, my model pretty gotcha. So, so what are some of the biggest lessons A few, you know, obviously we can't go through the whole show, but what are some of the biggest lessons from the Apollo for people that were not able to attend.
Speaker 3: I'll start because mine is very quick, and then I'll share something really good. And I said it earlier. The market pays those who are patient, and I went into a detailed story of how it can do that. And so again when we're talking about Disney these other we're not I'm not trading that on a daily basis. What I'm really doing is creating a foundation for my children and their children going forward. Right, we're going to hold these stocks, And I know Ian says five to twenty years, but I'm like, look, my kids should be living past twenty years, and so I want to make sure they're okay.
Speaker 5: And I want to give a huge shout out to Tailor. Shout out to Tailor child to Chuck.
Speaker 3: He called me today and he was like, look, I heard what you said when I came over and you were teaching me how to invest, and he said, I was down. I was down like a couple thousand dollars, but I kept hearing you said, look to the script.
Speaker 5: The script.
Speaker 3: Today he called me said, look, my account is up one hundred and fifty percent. I said, look, that's what I was preaching.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: The market will pay those who was patient if you make the right investment, if you do the research, you study your fundamentals and your technicals. Trust what you do. That is the problem. I made that mistake early in investment. I didn't trust what I was doing. I felt a little unsure because there was nobody around me doing some of the investments I was doing. We now have a community of people who have a similar vision who can actually give you feedback and actually give you pointers on how to invest and not confirm, but will give you guidance when you're unsure. And so shout out to everybody in this community and others. But trust your research and please be patient with your investments.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, Shody was your biggest sect way sty ready go stuff for six hundred boy, y'all better.
Speaker 5: Not let me do the pricing.
Speaker 2: Listen, you know, of course I talked about the Rashad ten twenty thirty rule. I have decided to coin.
Speaker 5: I have decided to coin, yea, I have Why not?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 5: Yo? When I saw that tweet, I'm like, well, shot said, I'm like what why not? Why? Yeah? But nah, I think it was dope because I'm like, don't gloss over that.
Speaker 3: I think that's a great way for people who don't really know how to invest, beginner.
Speaker 5: It's like that's pretty simplified, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the tenth. The Rashads ten twenty thirty rule is if a stock is at its all time I look for ten percent drop as a decent buying price, twenty percent drop as a good prior in price, and thirty percent drop as an excellent buying price, and then you can dollar cost down. If you're not one hundred percent confident in the situation, you can always dollar costs down into a position as long as it's a good position. Because your dollar costs down into like doge coin, you beat dollar cost averaging down.
Speaker 4: So he only knows about stalks. I just want to make y'all rich man. Also, if y'all just listen to me, got to be straight.
Speaker 2: Man, don't don't dollar cost average. And for anybody that's not familiar with dollar cost averaging down is AMD is a perfect example of that. Right. So I had I have an a M D option and I was down fifty percent, and it was pretty It wasn't a little bit of money a substantial amount of money a couple of months ago, but from looking at the charts knowing that it was moving sideways for about six months, it was consolidated. From understanding you know that there's a chip shortage. From understanding that AMB has a strong history, I still had confidence even though I was down fifty percent. So what did I do. I doubled my my position. I added more money, substantial add a substantial amount of money more.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 2: Today I'm up three hundred percent on that position. So that's what that's. So when you dollar costs down, it by it brings your buy in price lower. So you can do that with just regular stock. You can do that with options. But you know that's that's what we mean by dollar cost averaging downwards. So if you are invested in a strong company that you believe in and you're down, it's not the end of the world. Don't panic. It might actually be if it's yeah, only if it's good. If it's good, it's good.
Speaker 4: By a terrible company underneath fifty dollars and think that everything is going to be Okay, go google what Martin Galen is. It is the same thing. But you should not average down more than twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: And I asked other people's the opinion. I definitely asked Ian his opinion. I talk to Troy every day, so I always ask Troy his opinion and I'm not you know, I don't have a high level of pride when it comes to that. I don't want to know other people. I'll talk to trap if I you know anybody, Jamal, anybody. I ask people though, so you know, yeah, it's good to have good resources and good friends. So yeah, that's that's dollar cost down. And then I spoke about rob. I want to talk about that now, Yeah that was that was that was a nuclear weapon. I just want to say that I did speak about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't plan it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, maybe later on we'll talk about that. But Ian, what was it for you?
Speaker 4: A couple of lessons if I can do two. One kudos to I got prom from dream Team. I marry your target. So for those of you that are trading, you have to pick one target and stick to it for four years, no matter what. If you're gonna stick with one target for four years, please for four years and chat. And one that I said that I wasn't going to give up. That we talked about Saturday at the VIP day. If you guys truly want to know how to study the volume in the market, for all of you that are like videographers, and if you have.
Speaker 5: Drowns if you are in the major city.
Speaker 4: It's a hell of a tip I gave go use your drone over the highways and major cities for thirty days and look at when traffic slows down, look at when it speeds up, and then compare that over the S and.
Speaker 5: P five hundred and NASDAK.
Speaker 4: You're going to see the same parallels over and over again, and that'll tell you the gaps in time, when to get into the market, when to get out, and then when the volume actually draws up.
Speaker 5: Different level of excellence.
Speaker 7: My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop, Mike, drop back, drop drop. With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs, trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading Crypto invalve significant risk Crypto trading is offered through account with the Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is license to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services, Crypto Health thro robin Hood Cryptos not FDSC insured or SIPC protected. Investing in VOSS risk including loss of principle Securities Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer