Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part.
Speaker 2: One Behind the scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 1: What's that friend's happy weekend? Lunchbox is joining me? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I came to sleep in on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Do you feel good now?
Speaker 2: I do? I feel good? I got the yawing out. I mean, I got the the eye boogers out of my eyes. You know, do you do you get eyeburgers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Everybody gets iburgers.
Speaker 2: I don't know if girl, I didn't know, if chicks got them. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Do you think we're alien or something? Yes, we are human. You get iburgers.
Speaker 2: No, they're burgers burgers. They're not burgers burgers. What is that?
Speaker 1: No? You started us off with a yawn?
Speaker 2: Okay, well guess because it's early on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Hey, give me some life updates? What's going on with your life lately? Oh?
Speaker 2: My life? Let me tell you. The kids are good. Uh it is summertime. We are in full wing summer their first like time, you know, baby Box, I mean, let me say you. The first week of summer he was an absolute nightmare because he did kindergarten and then not having like I guess structure okay, and maybe the emotions of, you know, leaving kindergarten were just too much for him to handle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is a big change to happen in a little kid's life.
Speaker 2: It really is. And you don't realize it because I'm trying to. I'm I'm thinking he's gonna be excited for summer, and so we're counting down the days. I'm like, oh, this is your last Tuesday of kindergarten. He's like that, I'm sad. Don't say that. I don't want to leave kindergarten. I'm like, oh, oh, but it's gonna be summertime. He's like and at night time when he's going to bed, he's crying. I'm like, oh, my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I did Do you think he has like all these friends at kindergarten. That's why he's gonna miss it.
Speaker 2: I think he likes his teacher a lot, and he liked all his friends, and he was really, you know, he really enjoyed it, and so I think it's tough for him him to understand that it's okay, you know, you're gonna see your friends in the new school year. We can see him over the summer but I don't know. It's just a lot to wrap your head around. There's a lot of change for someone that young, and I don't realize it as an adult. You're suppose you think they're excited about summer. And I think he'll get excited about summer more as he gets older, because he realizes he gets to do a lot of fun stuff. But this first one oo man emotional night?
Speaker 1: May was he emotional when he first went into here? He didn't want to go to kindergarten?
Speaker 2: Oh did not that? Just a little nervous about going. But the first week of kindergarten, huh night, may he get off the bus house school. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to talk. Okay, So what you ever? Lunch? I don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: Were you ever like that? Do you know?
Speaker 2: From me? Never?
Speaker 1: No? Come on now, okay, I just mean, is he taking kind of footsteps in your direction or maybe in your wife's direction? No.
Speaker 2: I think it's just the emotional it's it's very overwhelming for a kid starting kindergarten. I think the emotions are a lot. And so after the first week, week and a half, he was fine. It was just it took a little while for him to get used to, and so we just learned that there a couple of days. Don't ask. Eventually he'll come tell.
Speaker 1: You, and is that what happened?
Speaker 2: That's what happened. He starts telling you, Oh, I sat by this person at lunch. I had this for lunch. We did this on the playground, we did this in art class, we did this in music class. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So what about summer? Now that you guys are in summer, do you guys have any fun vacation plans?
Speaker 2: Summer loving?
Speaker 1: It is that a song Summer eleven had me up. Summer loving happened so fast?
Speaker 2: Summer love it? Oh it is. I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 1: You've never seen Greed? No.
Speaker 2: I think I've seen a piece of it, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's such a good classic.
Speaker 2: Everybody talks about it, and I have no recollection of like what happens in that movie. I know John Travolta is in't it with some.
Speaker 1: Lady and they dance, But I don't know, Like, I know, there's there's a lot more to Grease than that.
Speaker 2: Like do they meet at a bar or something?
Speaker 1: Or how does that know, Well you just heard the song, so so it was in the summer. Yeah, I don't listen. I'm scared to talk about any shows now because everybody's so.
Speaker 2: Touch Oh man, look listen, people are so stupid, Like we are so stupid, like we are so paranoid about ruining shows. But I feel like if you talk about a show like five minutes later, I forget most of the time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, it's tough with social media and there's so much content out there.
Speaker 2: Any news article, they're covering shows now on you know, every there's podcast, there's you know, people that specifically watch this show to write a recap, and then it shows up on people dot com. You know, it's like it's hard to avoid spoilers. I do. I look at people dot Com for our show because I got to look at like what's going on in the world.
Speaker 1: This just scuries to me that of all the all the places for you to go for it was content.
Speaker 2: You go to People, but they have good celebrity stories.
Speaker 1: Like it's you, but IM just you. It's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just for the show man. I don't go to people dot Com on my spare time for I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're a reality TV guy, so it's possible I could see you do that.
Speaker 2: No, but I don't like to read because I don't want to spoilers like reality TV. I try to avoid that.
Speaker 1: But yes, the man in the summer that's all? Is that guy?
Speaker 2: Uh, the one that used to like ruin reality TV show Just Jared? Is that still? Is that? What?
Speaker 1: What is called Just Jared? Yeah? I think I think he or someone like him is still around. I don't know that Just Jared exactly is. I haven't seen any of that content pop up on timelines or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't ever go to it everywhere, but people used to be like, man, if you want to know who wins the Bachelor, you can just go to just Jared right now? I think that was his name. I may may just made that up.
Speaker 1: Maybe he got like bought out by TMZ or something could have been.
Speaker 2: Who knows. Yeah, what's up with you? Oh you got a boyfriend?
Speaker 1: No, I was trying to ask you about summer vacation, not a thing or doing any summer vaka.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna go to Austin and see my family and it's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: Hare tone just went straight down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean no, but I mean that's what we're doing. We're going to Austin, gonna see my family and it's gonna be awesome. We're gonna go out to the lake and just.
Speaker 1: Chill and do you guys go out? Is it Lake Austin, Lake Travis? No like that.
Speaker 2: No, Lake Travis doesn't have any water.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I've never been on any lake.
Speaker 2: Lake Austin is right in town, so it's so crowded, very small lake, very narrow in very spots, so it's kind of Now we go farther out constant level Lake LBJ and we dominate.
Speaker 1: What's LBJA Lyndon B. Johnson Lake Lyndon B. Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know who that is?
Speaker 1: The president at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one though, but he was.
Speaker 2: And there's also a high school in uh Austin ain't after LBJ High.
Speaker 1: School from Austin.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They're the Jaguars. They were the Magnet. I think it's called a Magnet School or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, there's something like that.
Speaker 2: Russell Russell Vedez went there. AJ Bright, Michael alf Michael Cox, Nathan Nunley. They all went to LBJ.
Speaker 1: Cool. That's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I guarantee, so man, these people know those people, and they're gonna be like, oh my god, you're talking.
Speaker 1: Ever in the history of you being on Best Bits and you say names, has anybody ever reached out to people?
Speaker 2: Was like I know that first, Well, they don't reach out to you to say that.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I've told them specifically when we've done this, like, Hey, if you know these people reach out to me.
Speaker 2: Best Bits people, if you know any of those people that I just named, hit us up. Let us know. They all went to LBJ High School. Valdez Russell Veedas graduated in ninety eight. Michael alf Michael Cox, Nathan Nunley, A J. Bright, They graduated ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyways, series are going to go to the Lake Lake LBJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh John Mark Edwards Okay, LBJ done.
Speaker 1: With the names?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that all you guys have planned for?
Speaker 2: That's it? Literally, that's it.
Speaker 1: One. Is your whole family gonna be there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, brother, sister, kids.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna see her family too?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Are they in Texas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in Texas. Her mom and dad and brother are in Houston and her sister's in Austin. I do believe my wife, which I mean, she's gonna drive or her sister's gonna come to the lake for day. I don't know something about her sister's gonna be seen.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if you guys you said it, No, Like, do you guys separate family time or have you ever combined everybody to hang out when you visit?
Speaker 2: Uh? Usually it's separate, Okay, usually separate. It's just it's hard to get all them and one. And we see her parents like more because they travel more, so they come here. So, yeah, and like a few weeks ago, my was a few No, I don't know. Yeah, were her parents are? No, I wasn't a few weeks ago. It's probably months. Huh. Think it feels like a few weeks ago her parents were here. So I don't know. We can't. It's hard to squeeze everybody in in that short amount of time. One time we did something stupid, and I'm gonna tell you it is really dumb. So we did Thanksgiving right and it was a four day weekend. We flew to Houston for a day and then Thanksgiving, and then the next morning after Thanksgiving, we got on a bus from Houston to Austin to spend a day and a half with my family because we tried to squeeze both in. Yeah, And I looked at her on that plane ride home and I said, never again. That was so dumb. Everything was rushed, like you didn't even relax.
Speaker 1: So now, do you guys swap holidays each year? One year you're at Thanksgiving your family, and then you're at her family Christmas next year. It's swapped. Correct, Okay, but.
Speaker 2: We don't even do that anymore because my wife, I mean, she's amazing, great, great, great person. Been married to her for ten years. Happy anniversary?
Speaker 1: Is it your ten year anniversary?
Speaker 2: We just passed in May? Mace six sixteen.
Speaker 1: You say that chity fifteen. He's getting mad at you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she ain't even mad. She forgets it too. For one year, she texted me on the wrong day.
Speaker 1: You guys are two peas in body.
Speaker 2: She texted me happy anniversary, her mom texted me Happy anniversary, and her dad all on the wrong day. So then I hit my family. I'm like, hey, y'all. She obviously thinks it's our anniversary. I need everybody to text happy anniversary, and so they did. So she didn't know till the next day that it was the wrong one.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, at least you had her back. You're trying.
Speaker 2: No, I was making her feel really dumb because in the next day when I busted her with.
Speaker 1: It, okay, I was trying to spend it that you were having her back.
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, it was more about like, ha, I got you anyway, what was I talking about? So we never combined any more. But we don't even do that anymore because my wife wants to make memories in our house. Like so, we haven't gone anywhere for Thanksgiving in three years, and we haven't gone anywhere for Christmas in three years. And my sister already I talked to her what two weeks ago, and she was like, oh, one, she has twin boys and a girl. When boys at the same age as baby Box, so they are six and the girl is.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 2: Let's go with eight. She they already asked, are we going to go to you know, to Nashville for Christmas? So she was like, if she goes, I don't know if we're invited, And I let her know you're always invited. Bring it on, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're close with your family a lot like I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring it on, Come on up, let's let's celebrate. Everybody asleep on the floor, let's have some pure KOs.
Speaker 1: My family always comes up for Thanksgiving to visit because I couldn't keep getting back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You could well with animals and stuff, and everybody's always traveling. It's just really hard to find people to watch. Yeah, come and stay with Remy.
Speaker 2: But I feel like you can take Remy with you.
Speaker 1: I used to be able to fly with her, I mean cause she was an emotional sport animal for a really long time. But then they changed all those regulations and stuff and they wanted her in her carrier and I tried, and.
Speaker 2: She wanted no party, you're some xanax.
Speaker 1: No, it's just not worth it. It was, and it's not worth driving, you know, twenty two hours. That's tough go for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean, Like it's a four day hold a.
Speaker 1: Saturday, gys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's tough. That's a long drive for that short of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they started coming. It became a thing to do Thanksgiving here, Christmas back home?
Speaker 2: So who cooks when they come?
Speaker 1: Oh, we don't do cooking anymore. Now we order out from one of the restaurants.
Speaker 2: I will say, does it get me don't hear me out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love. I love the ordering from like a restaurant or a grocery store that already has it pre made and you just stick in the oven. Yeah, but does it also ruin it a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, so here was our thing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had relatively the same meals. Yeah, we're still getting that meal every year at Christmas.
Speaker 2: I understand, But do you cook at Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We cook at Christmas so that we would basically have the same kind of Thanksgiving meal that we'd have it with a few things added on it Christmas time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we still get to have that meal once a year. We're not losing that meal that we had. And it just became like we one year when they came, I did all the cooking. My Dad cooked the turkey, and then I cooked like all our side dishes and stuff, and we were just like is it worth it? Because they wanted to hike Every year, It's become a thing that we go and hike a waterfall.
Speaker 2: Well you should do a turkey trot that's gobble gobble.
Speaker 1: My my sister and my mom are turkey trotters. I'm not a mara, I'm not a five k runner on.
Speaker 2: You can walk. It's all about the cammarerie of everybody out there. Yeah you know, camie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, camaraderie, camarerie, camaraderie this, and I'm not gonna lave it, got it camaraderie. But I have always said I won't be a runner on Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a it's such a pleasure to get up and go run on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: But you're a runner. You love running.
Speaker 2: I do know you're right.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: And there's most of the time, like in Austin, I go by myself.
Speaker 1: To go do the dirty dry Yeah why why Like my family's not into that. My family, family and get along.
Speaker 2: Great family not into that.
Speaker 1: Why would you go by yourself? So if nobody else was going.
Speaker 2: To go compete, go run, go challenge yourself, it feels great, feels amazing, and then you.
Speaker 1: Go home and stuff your face. Yeah, there's a theme of that.
Speaker 2: And but I'm not gonna say I'm saying does it, take away with it. I'm going back to the meal, but we have shifted to the ordering because when I was growing up, though, my dad's mom, my grandma on my dad's side, and so do my my mom's mom loved to cook and they love to be in the kitchen all day making everything. It made them. They would start the day before or two days before, making you know, the pie, and they'd make every they'd make everything. And now it's just like my mom didn't love to cook. My wife likes to cook. But man, it's so many hours and it like, so you're in the kitchen for six hours and then what is the food last? The eating portion last? What thirty minutes? You don't even get to spend time with the family for those six hours unless you know there's people in the kitchen helping you. But you're not even really getting quality time because you're so stressed about getting everything right and cooking and making sure everything's made. And then you know, you got her mom yelling at her, her sister. They're fighting over who's doing it right, who's doing it wrong. It creates chaos unless you have some amazing chef and like that loves to cook and knows how to handle the kitchen. I get it, but it does feel to me a little cheapen because I'm used to Grandma cooking and it was so fun to see her with that.
Speaker 1: She had her little smells.
Speaker 2: Of all the smells, she had her towel on her right shoulder, you know what I mean, and she'd wipe her hands and get this.
Speaker 1: And oh, okay, let me think on this first second. We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll give you my answer in.
Speaker 2: A nap or are we gonna just take a prime just like a quick Oh dang it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. It does take away a level of it. But to your point, I feel like Thanksgiving has become more connected because we are spending more time together where we actually get to hang out. We're not focused on the food.
Speaker 2: True, so it shouldn't be about the food, or should it. I don't know what the I don't know what it is really.
Speaker 1: Meant more of like community and being around your people is being.
Speaker 2: Thankful for your family. I mean it says Thanksgiving thankful.
Speaker 1: I think we attached it. I really think it met with like community. Everybody comes around the table you're sharing a meal, got it? What's the original purpose.
Speaker 2: It's not a go for a ten k run.
Speaker 1: It's not to go for a dang turkey drot crazy people that I think it does. It does take away like some nostalgia maybe is what is missing when you don't cook the meal.
Speaker 2: But god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We've had We always started out from a place called Puckets here in town, got it, and it's such delicious food. And then we get pies from Costco and they are a pounds they're huge. Though, Oh my gosh, you've never You've never seen the pies from Costo.
Speaker 2: No, I've seen them. I mean, you understand, I used to work with Sam, so I've seen these pies. I worked at Sam's. I see everything has been I worked at Costco also, you know what I mean, Like they're all large. I get it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, so that's what we do. Okay, But I hear you, so you do, man.
Speaker 2: Maybe I didn't check out their menu.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would love Puckets. It's good like in general too, just to go eat out. But they have really bomb Thanksgiving takeout them and Monel's.
Speaker 2: Those are two loves. If you're coming to town. That is the best breakfast spot. I love that.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorites. It's just it's not for everyone because some people don't like family style. Oh they should, they should, But like you're sitting with strangers.
Speaker 2: You get to eat with strangers. It's so great. So even if you show up and it looks like there's a lot of people, the wait time is ten minutes because they put twenty people at one table, so it's not like you're sitting there for two hours. Like if you go to the Barrel, you know, and it's like, oh, it's an hour. Wait, well, yeah, it's gonna be really an hour because it's only a table four or two or three, and it's like, oh, go to Monell's.
Speaker 1: Oh no, and the food's amazing, it is. I always get homemade jam from there whenever. I I love that. That's a great spot. So they do things giving dinners too, and we we have so we've gotten monels and we've got puckets.
Speaker 2: Okay, put those on the list, write them down.
Speaker 1: And then Costco pies because they have apple pie and pumpkin and honestly.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin I don't I don't like pumpkin.
Speaker 1: This is our this is our add on, this.
Speaker 2: Is I don't like pumpkin pie. No, I literally said pumpkin. I didn't say pumpkin. I didn't. I didn't make mone of you because I couldn't say.
Speaker 1: Roderie.
Speaker 2: That's it. I couldn't say that word. So I can't get on you. But I don't like pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah like apple pie. I like apple pie, Okay, I didn't know if it was a pie thing or just.
Speaker 2: No apple pie, cherry pie, pecan.
Speaker 1: Pie, just not pumpkin.
Speaker 2: It's not pumpkin I'm not really down with pumpkin anything. You know.
Speaker 1: I was never a huge fan either. But my mom makes homemade whip cream to go with it, and that kind of adds a But you don't really like icing whip cream, Okay, I just eat the pie. Yeah, that also makes sense why you like pie, because this is the thing about Lunchbox. He doesn't like icing. So anytime there's a cake or something that like to scrape off bies I do.
Speaker 2: I try to eat around the icing. I try to get the one with the least icing, just so I can get more. If I'm gonna get cake, I get more cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a cookie cake.
Speaker 2: You always scrape off of icing, Like the icing is too much, it's too rich, it's too I'm just.
Speaker 1: Do you like ice cream?
Speaker 2: I do like ice cream.
Speaker 1: Figuring out your threshold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but cheesecake is number one, Like that'll win every time, every time. Just give me cheesecake.
Speaker 1: That is your number one dessert. Okay, not rushmore of desserts.
Speaker 2: Oh, cheesecake. Oh, and then it's probably if it's a good one. A brand brownie is too then ice cream is three four heads on. I didn't hear you. I just saw you said rate your desserts.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't have them. Maybe you only have three heads on your dessert.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, there has to be something else that I'm missing, right, You like cookies. I like cookies. They're all right, they have to be they have to be perfect. Cookies can be really bad. There's not a lot of great cookies. There's a lot of cookies made, but they're not all great.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Like they're hard, they're soft, they're they're too soft. There, ah, man, Like I had a cookie the other day. I've told you this before. I think what even the other day I got a restaurant. I was like, oh, i't we get a cookie like with my meal it had damn salt on it, Like.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, like chocolate cookie.
Speaker 2: I spit that thing in the trash.
Speaker 1: Know that that changes a chocolate chip.
Speaker 2: Cookie with some It takes it from good to absolute garbage. If you like salt on your cookies, you're not human.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad right now.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you like salt on it?
Speaker 1: It's seesaw on chocolate chip cookies. It just adds a sweet and salty texture. And it is chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: Hift's kiss of the butt.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well then what's your fourth?
Speaker 2: My fourth? Gosh, that's tough. What else is there? What else can there be?
Speaker 1: Eyes? You can put pies, doughnuts, No, like cakes. Don't like really cake cakes? No?
Speaker 2: Maybe like, but I guess blizzards and like things like that.
Speaker 1: Are you can be very specific.
Speaker 2: I like blizzards a lot. Blizzards are really good.
Speaker 1: Milkshake okay, milkshakes, any particular flavor.
Speaker 2: I've shifted strawberry.
Speaker 1: What did you used to like?
Speaker 2: Chocolate?
Speaker 1: Okay? But vanilla? Anybody who likes just straight up vanilla ice cream, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, pretty good.
Speaker 1: It is good, but if you have a cookie or brownie with it. But if you're just eating straight up Bania ice cream, you're just missing so much life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would just say if they would make if they make the straw if it's a real milkshake and they put real strawberries in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: What is your kiss? But apparently no, not of the butt that that is, not of the butt cheek. That is that's when you put salt on a cookie. Yeah, chef's kiss of the butt cheek is when you put salt on a cookie. What is yours? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was thinking about it as you were talking about Number one.
Speaker 2: Grilled cheese.
Speaker 1: No, this is dessert.
Speaker 2: You may eat that for dessert. You're weird.
Speaker 1: Listen, there are there are things that they do grilled cheese or like cheese with chocolate. You never had an in Banada with queso and chocolate.
Speaker 2: No, you got to smoke a lot of like that.
Speaker 1: I just love dessert and I love cheese. Those are like two of my favorite food groups. Okay, so I would say.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's pretty good though, like, but I don't, I don't know. I've never had this. I had it like once every two years. Is like when they do the melted chocolate and you dip stuff in it. Fond that's what it's called that that that's good. But I wouldn't put that on my top four desserts because I never have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, this is yea more frequently stuff you need, all the more accessible. Yeah, Okay. One is Funfetti cake. Okay, I love Funfetti. You can fun Fetty have everything. Okay, fun Fetty's. It is like birthday cake of that capacity. I would say a chocolate chip cookie with sea salt.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, chef kiss of the butchet.
Speaker 1: It's so good. And then I would say there is specifically this ice cream that's on the West Coast and it's called hold On, hold On because it's like their Ginny's. You know how we have Genny's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to a specific ice cream place on the West Coast. Can I tell you the problem with them? I think I've heard of that. You know what I it's these ice cream places are now starting to get too complicated. They're trying to put twelve different things in one flavor of ice cream. It's like, man, can we just get a normal ice cream like it drives me nuts. Like I go to those ice cream places and it's like sea salt with caramel fudge, marshmallow brownie.
Speaker 1: What they're so good?
Speaker 2: Can I just get like cookies and cream or like, this.
Speaker 1: Is my problem. I don't like playing ice cream. So I love that they add a whole bunch of things.
Speaker 2: It just gets too complicated.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And then you're sitting there. Can I taste that one? Can I taste that one? Because I don't know what is? You know, all these combinations seem very outrageous to me.
Speaker 1: Then you're not gonna like my pick. But it's like this cookie dough brownie ice cream and it's from salt and tree.
Speaker 2: Well now that cookie dough and brownie kind of go together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are now like fudging it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now we're getting too complicated. Now we're adding six different See that's too much. I'm out.
Speaker 1: But it's so good. So that's my other one, okay, And so now we're number three. This is four now because I had, oh you have this.
Speaker 2: You had the the chef's kiss of the butt cheek.
Speaker 1: I forgot jaga chip with sea salt, this salt and shrill ice cream. And and my mom's red velvet cake.
Speaker 2: Okay, because your mom.
Speaker 1: Makes it, so it's homemade. I've tried so many different kinds of red velvet and nothing tastes like hers. Homemade cake, homemade iceing that's like this cream cheese. It sits for hours. I sceen, it's insane. Okay, those would be my top four.
Speaker 2: I will say that one of my neighbors, I think she made it. I don't know. Maybe she didn't make it, but her kid was having a birthday. Yeah, and I'm pretty sure she made a homemade ice cream cake. I don't even know how you do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeh, yeah, people do that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Like that was actually interesting because you don't expect it to be ice cream in the middle. It was like ice cream. I don't know how to I don't know. I assumed she made it.
Speaker 1: Did she put the little crunchies in it?
Speaker 2: Morgan, don't don't ask me that this was six months ago?
Speaker 1: You ate it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know what you mean by crush.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you've never been to dairy Queen and you got an ice cream cake and it has little crunches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if she bought it from Dairy Queen or she made it, but I know it was an ice cream cake. I don't know. It was good.
Speaker 1: Those ice cream cake with the crunches the middle are so good.
Speaker 2: Like it was like, Okay, I get why this is good, but I didn't. I don't know. I'm pretty sure you made it. I don't know. I don't quote me on that.
Speaker 1: Let me turn you onto something you like Dairy Queen.
Speaker 2: I do like Dairy Queen. They they have something for everyone. Yes, that is the great thing about Dairy Queen. They have the and unicated. You don't have to get the same dessert every time. They have different desserts, which just make it so amazing when they dip that ice cream cone into the chocolate, so legit, that is like the coolest thing ever. It's like when I was in Tyler, Texas, and my brother had a baseball tournament and my dad and I go to the mall and it was July twenty fifth. Oh what is July twenty fifth? You ask?
Speaker 1: I didn't, but please tell me my birthday, okay.
Speaker 2: And we are walking through the mall and there's an ice cream store in the mall. And it is their birthday also, so if it's your birthday, you get a free ice cream.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: And it was one where they it was old fashioned where you take it and they dip it in the freaking whatever. Do I remember if my brother won that baseball tournament or not. No, but do I remember being at the mall with my dad and getting a free ice cream? Absolutely happy birthday to me. No idea if that mall is still there, no idea if that ice cream thing is there, And no idea if they were even around a long time or if they just said, oh, it's our thirtieth year, you know, and said it was their birthday.
Speaker 1: Don't think you make that up. But yeah, well you could, you could, but I don't think they typically do.
Speaker 2: It was crazy and I'll never forget that ice cream in the mall. But yeah, go back to darry Queen.
Speaker 1: Wait, Okay, so old fashioned. And we have a few places like that. There's one in Nashville called Bobby's Dairy Day, Bobby's Day Day like similar, and they're.
Speaker 2: Closed during the winter, like they just closed because they're like we're so much everybody buys ice cream. No one's coming in the winter, so whoever works there gets like two months off. What a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a cool place to own. So dairy Queen, we used to go there all the time. We would go to dairy cream and Brahms. Broms had like Greek yogurt, not Greek yogart and yogurt like squirrel amazing.
Speaker 2: We didn't have Broms.
Speaker 1: It is so good. But it's a Midwest so dairy Queen, we would always get crunch coat. What so you talk about the chocolate. The crunch coat has this like mixture and you'd love it because you love nuts. It has okay, peanuts, Cashew's nuts, pistaffios.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We had to clarify, Okay, well in it they like it's like this candy coated crunch but there's also like peanuts and stuff in the mixture and as sprinkles in it. It is the best thing. And for a long time they discontinued it. But you can buy the crunch coat online on Amazon. I bought it bag and you love Anilla ice cream.
Speaker 2: Right, It's fine. I don't. I mean it's not my favorite, but I I mean it's not bad.
Speaker 1: You did this with your kids, Your kids will love it. I'm telling you, get this crunch coat and it is it's so good. It is the best thing I ever had.
Speaker 2: Crunch coat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crunch coat coat, coat, like a crunch.
Speaker 2: Coating and it's just like little flakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like if you mixed sprinkles and a bunch of little like candy coated things.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Oh thank you. Dude, Holy crap, I did not I thought no one else was in the building. Dude, Holy crap. Right, yes, Saturday morning, I did not know you were here.
Speaker 1: Dude. Oh my god, We're going to take a break before they.
Speaker 2: Have you scared the crap on a Saturday. Enough about dessert, We're moving on. We're not talking about summer. We're talking about, uh, the boyfriend.
Speaker 1: This is this is why we're not going to talk about What do you mean We're not going to talk about it because because why because of this? This is how you responded.
Speaker 2: No, this is not how I responded. So, after your family was in town and spent some time with him, what were the reports back? Did they text the report in the family group or do you talk about it individually? How does that go?
Speaker 1: We talked about it individually with everyone that was in town. Okay, and everybody loves him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's too generic, Like who do you talk to first?
Speaker 1: Okay? My dad was the first one who said it to me, and he was like Morgan. He was like, I really like him. I think he very much respects you and supports you. And that's all a dad could ask for.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: And then what my dad said.
Speaker 2: In the past, though, has your dad said Morgan, I like him, he respects you.
Speaker 1: No, he normally is just like, he's nice, seems like a good guy. It was typically my dad's response. This was a little bit more detailed.
Speaker 2: Maybe because they spent more time with this one potentially, but or maybe this one talked to your dad more and they had more in common. Maybe they talked about you know, maybe they went to Hooters and had a.
Speaker 1: Beer and did a good beer. But we did spend a lot of time together. But I also think that was a credit to my boyfriend, because he very much wanted to be involved in everything that was.
Speaker 2: I had to spending the night at your house while they were there. Okay, I mean he's making coffee with his shirt off, all your dad's sitting there and your.
Speaker 1: Mom's on the couch making coffee with his shirt off. He also has a job and had to go to work for the full days, so he wasn't like just chilling there all day every day, but he was involved. When we would go out to dinners and we'd go and do stuff, he was there, so.
Speaker 2: I understand that. Okay, So your dad's the first one that came and said that. Then who's next?
Speaker 1: Mom came to me? Actually, I think my brother in law said to my sister, So I should have said. I didn't talk specifically to my brother in law, but my brother in law told my sister, I want to hang out with him some more. I really like him, and they want to go golfing together. So I feel like that's a good dude. Thing is if he wants to go.
Speaker 2: Golfing with him three and a half four hours with someone, that means you are thinking they're going to be an okay person, yes to hang out with for that long. So you're Do you talk to your sister's husband a lot or no?
Speaker 1: Sometimes typically he comes on her FaceTime for like five minutes and then like runs away.
Speaker 2: See that's what I do because my wife, she does a FaceTime with her family every Sunday, and I mean yes, her family, yay, but they talk her. She talks to her parents like almost every day also like I do. But then they talk on Sundays and they go over the same stuff and they sit there for an hour and a half and I'm like, how can we just sit here and talk for an hour and a half. Guys like, there's not we can't do that. Let's do ten minutes and let's move on. And her mom's I was like, you never get on the FaceTime. I'm like, I say hi, and then I go do something because I can't hang out for an hour and a half. But talking about the same stuff you've already talked about, but now you're filling in with d you know, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yes, no, he'll he'll always ask my sister, hey, what's Morgan doing, and soci'll FaceTime me and he'll be there for five minutes and he's like, okay, bye. She's like, do you make me FaceTime so you can go to stuff.
Speaker 2: He didn't say FaceTime or he just said what's Morgan doing? Like how's everything? He's basically, in a general term, just being nice and asking about her sister.
Speaker 1: He yes, but like my sister multiple times has been like, you have her phone number, you can stir a caller if you want to know she's serious.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not what he's meaning. He's not meaning I want to text her and see how she's doing. He's making conversation with his wife.
Speaker 1: We think this is a strategic tactic from him, so we can complay his video games because my sister and I will then be on FaceTime for like twenty thirty minutes just catching up.
Speaker 2: And then he gets he escapes.
Speaker 1: We've decoded that. We think that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Smart moved by him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty smart. But he likes him once we off, so that's a good good sign. And they were like beer bros the whole time. They were enjoying drinking beers and hanging out together.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: I think there was a good vibe there. And then my sister really likes him. She thinks he seems very kind and she loves that he loves my animals very well, like that was something that she noticed that's important, okay. And then my mom she she thought he was awesome, and she had a whole lot of different.
Speaker 2: Things to say, well, a whole lot of different things is not a lot of things? Did she text you a list? Did she have a list and go over?
Speaker 1: We talked about him person Oh with him there? No, he was at work. Okay, But I and I don't want to get into all that because it's a little bit more personal. But the like at the end, my mom always typically cries whenever she leaves me or I leave her. It's always kind of emotional. And this time when she was crying, she was like, I'm just so happy you have someone who treats you this way.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, And then they drove off in your jeep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom drove off in the jeep.
Speaker 2: That was pretty emotional for you to say by to your jeep.
Speaker 1: Was crying about the jeep.
Speaker 2: My family's leaving, my jeeps leaving. My world's falling apart. Now does he own a house.
Speaker 1: No, he lives in an apartment. Oh, so he's only lived in Nashville for a few years.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: He came from Florida. He owned a house there, but moved to Florida or moved to here and wasn't sure if he was staying that.
Speaker 2: I still doesn't not sure in No, he.
Speaker 1: Knows now WHOA.
Speaker 2: That means engagement rumors are flying.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're stop, don't start me.
Speaker 2: Well you said you said he knows he's staying now, So I mean that is like whoa for?
Speaker 1: Yes, now, like right now he knows he's saying right now. Okay, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: Is his apartment close to your house?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: But he didn't, I mean wins his Lisa.
Speaker 1: Mm sometime in the fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, all right, well, let me mark this down.
Speaker 1: Don't do any marking down, marked it down. No, I will tell you guys when stuff happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm gonna need this clip because I need to let Bobby know there's an engagement coming there.
Speaker 1: Oh I I I am just excited to be with somebody and we're really enjoying each other's company, right.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm happy he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Are you going on vacation with him?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Whoa man, Holy mackerel, Holy mackrel. Where are you going?
Speaker 1: We're doing a road trip.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: We're going to Chicago and Minnesota and back down through Iowa.
Speaker 2: What do you like?
Speaker 1: What a bunch of hiking. We're bringing Remy. We're gonna do a bunch of state park hikes and visit a and I've never been to Chicago, so we're going to do the.
Speaker 2: Oh do you need a place to stay in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Is this your family there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? My aunt Judy's there, and Judy be like.
Speaker 1: Who are these people? Be cool? Do you need some res No, we have a place, but I do need some res.
Speaker 2: For full Are you going to go to a Cubs game? No?
Speaker 1: Probably not. I'm not a.
Speaker 2: Huge It doesn't matter. Have you ever been to the atmosphere of Wrigley Field.
Speaker 1: No, but we are going to walk in that whole area where all the restaurants in bars are. That's on our list to go in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're going to be right next door and you're not going to walk in the stadium. I mean, it's like on Earth.
Speaker 1: I hear you. But that's because you also love that team. I don't really have what about him?
Speaker 2: Does he not like sports?
Speaker 1: You like sports? Baseball is not his favorite though, But.
Speaker 2: It's still a baseball game where you get a beer and a hot dog.
Speaker 1: If we didn't have Remy, probably Remy.
Speaker 2: You can stay in the hotel room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this one, this particular one, the host was a little weird about even having a dog. So it was just weird. So I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You're gonna drive all the way to Chicago hotels open.
Speaker 1: I mean it's around fourth of July, so.
Speaker 2: And you are not gonna walk into Wriggley Field when you're right next door. I mean, you guys are Unamerican. You guys, Oh my gosh, I scream USA, Fun USA, And you guys are gonna be right there next to the holy grail wriggly Field.
Speaker 1: You can't say this because I specifically went to Boston to go to a Red Sox game. That was my holy grail. Wow, and I got to see the Green Monster and everything that's historic. That's me is historic, I hear you, But that's my that's you.
Speaker 2: Ever seen the ivy growing on the brick walls out there?
Speaker 1: This is yours? No, No, I Red Sox was for me. You're not a Red Sox fan I was growing up. I'm not anymore now.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I never stayed with it. My I had my best friend growing up and her brothers are from Rhode Island. They're massive Yankee and Red Sox fans, so I always watched the games. Got it, I understand that was my connection.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, your boyfriend, if he's a cold blooded American males, likes beers and hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Also, that's your idea of vacation, that's not my idea.
Speaker 2: Missile on an afternoon.
Speaker 1: They have a missile anywhere, not.
Speaker 2: At Wrigley Field in the bleachers with the bombs that are called. All right, that's okay, what are you gonna do in Minnesota? Let me guess, be right across the street from the Minnesota Twins Stadium.
Speaker 1: And not go in. We're going all up into northern Minnesota on the like cost whatever. No, not St.
Speaker 2: Paul Rochester.
Speaker 1: No, it's like past dal You're you're sitting on that like little I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I mean I believe you.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Then we're going back down to Iowa and their state parks there that we're gonna stop by. I always got parks, Yeah, I had a lot.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have a really cool Caves state park that looks insane.
Speaker 2: Well, if you ever go to the casino and council bluss Iowa. Ask him why they kicked me out. Man, still still a little bitter about that.
Speaker 1: You're probably still banned for we got.
Speaker 2: We got escorted out. They're like, we're like, we're about to leave her. Like, I think that's a good idea. We'll walk you out.
Speaker 1: What'd you do?
Speaker 2: Well, see my roommate from college, John Hodges shout out. He was graduating from law school at the University of Nebraska. Yeah, and Nebraska's next to Iowa, and so they're like, oh, you want to go to the casino. We're like, heck, yeah, guy's night. So me, him, his brother, his father in law.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was even like a parent there.
Speaker 2: Well, we were old. I mean we were in our twenties, mid twenties, maybe late college friend r Well, he's my college roommate. But then he went in the Marines and he called me one day and said, I just want to say thank you, And I'm like, what do you mean. He's like, thanks for paying for me to go to law school. And I'm like, oh, my gosh, he went to law school and I paid for it.
Speaker 1: So we were all, how did you pay for it? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Because he's in the marine.
Speaker 1: So my tax dollar he oh, I see it now, Yeah, it's just like it he's I was just really confused there, because are you paying for college when you didn't finish? Was really throwing me off.
Speaker 2: No, no, I wasn't gonna pay for But so we went to the casino and they were like, you had to buy your own drinks. Fine, whatever, let's get hammered. We're getting hammered, and the dealers like, when you win, you got to celebrate, and we celebrate you. That's not loud enough. So we yeah, we're going nuts, and we were making money money, and the whole casino was looking at us like we were crazy. And then that's when we got escorted out after a couple hours of wast I agree with you, but they did not appreciate us being hammered and taking their money. And then also I guess we were disrupting the other customers and they were like, all right, you guys about ready to leave. Were like, yeah, we're heading out there, like we think that's a good idea. We'll go ahead and walk you and they escorted us out of the casino.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you could probably go back.
Speaker 2: You're not banned I'm not banned, but I definitely got escorted out and I've never been back.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and why would you, I guess.
Speaker 2: Exactly why would reason. We went to his graduation the next day. I've never been back to Nebraska either. Yeah, that was the first time I've ever been in Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Close by each other.
Speaker 2: Nebraska and I were they got to be next door because that we drove to Council Bluff. I don't know how far Lincoln is from Council Bulls. Maybe an hour. I don't know what it was. But the father in law, he was the d D that night, and we got it was awesome and it was all guys and my wife and we had a puller on the side of road so a couple of his guys could pee on the way home. Okay, so we were right there by the exit ramp in Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that I'm going to be passing by this casino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you do stop in, see if they got my picture on the wall.
Speaker 1: Okay. We also might pop over to this place called Galina in Illinois. It's like a little whinery and like really cute town.
Speaker 2: Are you one of Wisconsin?
Speaker 1: All? No, I've been to Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chicago. What else can you do?
Speaker 1: Uh, you don't eat We're gonna eat deep dish pizza, which.
Speaker 2: One, don't make the mistake, and eat the dumb ones.
Speaker 1: Which one. Well, I don't know what the dumb ones are.
Speaker 2: If you're downtown, you go to Gino's East. Okay, that's the only answer. Don't if anybody tells you Giadelli's or whatever, I haven't had that. But have you had Giovanni's whatever?
Speaker 1: I know? Have you had the quads? What quads? No? I guess it's one that's been around for decades.
Speaker 2: Geno's's has been around for as long as I've been alive. Downtown Downtown, Yeah, right across the street is where a guy was pushing his woman into the wall when we were kids, and my dad went and broke it up.
Speaker 1: Jonuts. Do you have a No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't, But you want to. You want a pork missile? Place Portillo's. It is dynamite. Go to Portillo's and get a hot dog, get the pork missile. Tell the boyfriend like I mean, you may, I don't even if they have him in the city. You may have to go on the outskirts of the cities. But Portillo's is the spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds fun. Yeah, but that's yes, we have that. And we're also talking about going down to Universal at one point.
Speaker 2: What how are you going to drive from there to there?
Speaker 1: Different different trips?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? Thank you have two eight Why would you drive the Universal.
Speaker 1: Driving we're flying? Okay, that's what I said, different trips. I was like, Universal, two trips playing together.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, man, that's a pretty big deal. Yeah, yeah, that's that's exciting stuff. What about TV shows you've been watching anything?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 2: Like, do you guys have the same taste or have you got his? Have you had to convert him and he's converted you?
Speaker 1: This is a problem. He doesn't watch TV and movies at the same rate that I do. That's the only problem, because I'm kind of crazy and I watched like when I'm working and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know how anybody watches them at the rate you guys do. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: You're all I have kids either.
Speaker 2: You're all like, oh, I watched three shows this week. I'm like, what, I watched one episode of one show the last week?
Speaker 1: Yes, you have kids? There's a night if I just choose, I'm like, I'm not going to do anything. I'm just gonna sit here and watch a show. I can hear.
Speaker 2: That must be nice. It is.
Speaker 1: We watch friends and neighbors together, and you haven't seen that one. He loves all we're both nerds together. He likes Harry Potter and all that stuff with me.
Speaker 2: So question, can you do me a favor?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can you show him calling from accounts?
Speaker 1: No, because it's not a good show. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No guys, has anybody anybody listen to this pot Have you guys not realized how good calling.
Speaker 1: For accounts is? One person write me and say, dang, yeah, I really liked calling from account.
Speaker 2: I really want to know if I like this guy or not, just by if he likes calling from accounts, if I know he's a winner or loser.
Speaker 1: No, we have a similar sense of humor, So I don't know, because remember we talked, we broke this down and it has to do a sense of humor for sure.
Speaker 2: Mean it's the calling from accounts is awkward humor.
Speaker 1: It's like the office I don't like. I don't know that he likes awkward.
Speaker 2: You don't like being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: No, you know this about me when you go and do stuff, And I literally, you're right.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. That's a two shade too sha moment.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't like this show.
Speaker 2: I get it, but I can't harp on it enough.
Speaker 1: How good it is, I hear you, And I like comedy shows. I just there's a certain sense of humor that I don't think I have the threshold for. And I think Calm from Accounts is that one.
Speaker 2: That might be it? And you want know it's disappointing for me. What is Shark Tank?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mark Cuban's last episode aired a couple of weeks ago. Oh that's sad, and I was gonna sit down and watch it, and apparently we were having a storm at that time. So all I have is news coverage. I don't have anything from the last episode of Shark Tank, and I'm like, how in the world is it? Mark Cuban's last episode of Shark Tank, the thing I've been watching for how many years? And he's not even I can't watch him on the ABC app what app.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, the networks have their own apps.
Speaker 2: You have a smart TV yeah, because I went to on demand, Yeah, and they only had like two shows on on demand, so I got to go to go.
Speaker 1: To something else on demand. That's different. So you have a smart tv, Yeah, can you download apps to your smart tv?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get the ABC app. They network shows will always but there typically I don't know if this has changed a little bit with obviously subscription and stuff, but they will put that season of their network shows on there because they watch it. Okay, So and most of the time that's free. It's at least in previous years it has been free. Like I watched a lot of CW shows and they're all on there that season for free. Got it? So you go to ABC, and I think you should be able to get it.
Speaker 2: Because I mean I have been waiting to see like what they do at the end, Like do they give him a big send off? Is it all teary eyed or is he like, yo, I'm done, I hate this place, get me off the set, throws his mic down. I don't know what happens. I need to see it. I don't know if like all of his inventors like that he's invested in if they come out and surprise him at the end. I have no idea, and I'm like, oh, it's so annoying.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what season is this? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the season just aired season?
Speaker 1: What season are you?
Speaker 2: Sixteen? It? I just made it up?
Speaker 1: Okay? And so when was his last one? Like?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Why I'm saying the season sixteen because it was May sixteenth, this one it was airing?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's on here it is?
Speaker 2: Is this the last episode of the season?
Speaker 1: Episode twenty of season sixteen? I don't know if it's a lost What does it say on May sixteen?
Speaker 2: Does it say Mark says goodbye?
Speaker 1: It literally says luxury candles, gourmet deviled eggs, and a tick removal Mitton Huh, Well that didn't help me. But it has it's forty forty two minutes, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, I mean I know it's gonna be forty two minutes because there's gonna be no commercials on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, they only have from May second. So this is also the problem is they deleted me.
Speaker 2: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: But they have from May second, which you would have watched.
Speaker 2: So I go to ABC dot com or what'd you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ABC dot Com.
Speaker 2: And then I'll just do it through my the computer to the TV.
Speaker 1: You can do it through your computer. You can download that. Boy, we have a technology lesson.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I know how to do the like I've learned how to do the plug the TV into the computer.
Speaker 1: You can plug into your Yes, you can put it on your computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because my TV is so old. It's a smart TV. But like I can't get like Apple TV. Yeah, Apple, I can't get it on the TV. Like I can't download the app.
Speaker 1: Well, so I have to use on the compait to have an Apple TV.
Speaker 2: To have.
Speaker 1: Apple TV on the app, I don't know. I don't know about Apple tv Plus, which is their streaming service.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. I can't download the app on my smart TV, so I have to plug it in. So like when I want shrinking, I have to plug my wife's computer into the TV and then it does it on the TV. That's how I watch a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you have Roku or Amazon firesticks?
Speaker 2: I don't know what those are.
Speaker 1: Everybody an Apple TV.
Speaker 2: Everybody talks about those. My brother, My brother talks about, Hey, you should get a firestick. I'm like, I don't know what that is, and I don't know if my computer, if my TV can't download the app. Yeah, is it gonna have a spot for me to stick the stick in?
Speaker 1: Hold? On smart TVs, you're accessing what's on the TV to utilize streaming services and stuff. An Apple TV, a Roku.
Speaker 2: A I used to have one of those little those square things that the Apple TV. I used to have one of those.
Speaker 1: Those are all plugged into your TV and they're basically a new home screen for you. They're separate home screens. Like I only operate my TVs with Apple TV, I don't actually use the smart features right on it.
Speaker 2: An So you have Apple TV, and on your Apple TV you have Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I have all my streaming services on there.
Speaker 2: So which one's the best one?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean lately I've been watching a lot of shows on Paramount I have.
Speaker 2: But I gotta do that. I gotta do the TV. I got to do the thing with the computer on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And see if you just had a firestick or a Roku or an Apple to any of them, you can have all of your streaming and like I have an Apple TV, I could literally go right now and just download ABC's app, their mobile app and put it on there. Okay, it's I don't use a smart home like their version their home screen, because it's just it's a little bit more limited, got it, Whereas if you use a Roku or something, you can download all of the things that you want. Doesn't matter on the brand. Essentially, That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if Roku lets me get every I've never used.
Speaker 1: Roku, but I believe it operates the same way as an Apple TV. So Apple Tvology Lessons with morganant.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, this is driving people nuts because they're gonna think I'm so dumb and I am any technology.
Speaker 1: We're going to get out of here in a second.
Speaker 2: I drive my brother nuts. He's like, I don't understand how you don't understand this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I just you're learning.
Speaker 2: I don't have time to look into all this crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you call me. That's why, Hey, Morgan Margan, Margan, We're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go, man, I need to get I mean, my kids are probably sitting there at home going his dad ever coming home like he works Monday through Friday, and now he's going on Saturday.
Speaker 1: A right, okay, we'll tell the people where they can hear you find you.
Speaker 2: Uh, radio lunchbox is that right?
Speaker 1: You for what your Instagram is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, radio Lunchbox, I don't know. I can't pay attention to that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And don't forget Sore Losers podcast Ray and I please, we got big things going on over there. We're building it. We've got like three hundred listeners, so if you could be three hundred and one, it'd be amazing. And subscribe download it. Yeah yeah, give us five star reviews. Anything else?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're good. Go subscribe to the Bobby Onto YouTube page. That would be awesome. And we're gonna get out of here so Lunchbox can go home to his kids.
Speaker 2: Bye yeah bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 2: Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby Bomb Show and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.