Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It's the ksrpre Show Tuesday, May twentieth. I'm Shannon the dude to be enjoined by Billy Relige and you can give us a call on the Clark's Pupping Shop phone line. As a matter of fact, I think you should eight five nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven be our whiskey Thief call of the day. It also sent us a text at five two two six five six six five six. KSR Pre Show is always being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington, which is where Billy our Sports is right now in the studio. Good morning, Billy, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great, Shannon.
Speaker 3: It is great to be with you for another morning and great to see you before. I guess we meet again on Friday at the Mountain Laurel Festival, we'll have our next live show. So excited for that and excited for another great day.
Speaker 1: With you, buddy. Yeah, looking forward to that on Friday. That's going to be a long hike for me. I think that may be maybe doing a little overnight on Thursday night before the show on Friday, but we'll look forward to that. Coming up at the end of the week. I think we got to start though yesterday, Billy, with where KSR left off, and that was in London Kentucky, where you know, we continue to see these just incredibly devastating pictures from the tornado that came through over the weekend. You know, a couple of thoughts, nothing you know, different from really what we talked about yesterday, but it was just great to see communities coming together and people from outside of the London community coming in and helping out where they could. And also good that you know, KSR was able to be there talk to some of the leaders and get some direction on like what they need and where to take the items that they need, because in a situation like this, I mean, it's it's utter chaos. You know, people want to help, but they don't know the best way to help. And I think we got a lot of good information out of the show yesterday in London and just just great to see everybody helping out. The thing though that is just sad to see more than almost more so than the homes destructed, is that they had to bring in cameras, Billy, the police I had to bring in cameras to scare away looters, people who are actually going around and looting, going through people's homes and personal belongings to steal. And you see this every time there's some sort of disaster, you hear about looters. But it's just it's sad that people want to come in and pray on people who just lost everything and a situation like what happened in London over the weekend, some.
Speaker 2: Of the earth.
Speaker 3: If you ask me, going into these natural disaster zones and looting people's broken houses, I liken it to the people trying to scam my grandma Shandon. You know, those people that call and say, hey, I need a thousand dollars. You got to wire this now. I mean, these people just praying on the people that are most vulnerable. It's terrible. So them setting up cameras for looters was shocking to me. You know, I'm actually really glad kiss Aar went because it was really informative of what it's actually like. I mean, not only is Mario sending images that are just jaw dropping, but you know, Matt is able to do an interview with a guy who lost his brother and his childhood home, and the emotional pleas of the senators there and the and the people who just had their houses torn apart. It was, uh, you know, that's what makes me really proud to be a part of KASR is that they're they go to a situation like that and bring awareness.
Speaker 2: But it was really it was informative to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, these people don't need clothes because they have you know, so many used clothes and they have to wash them at that point. And you know they've got for the most part water, but they need things like work gloves and and tarp so they can you know, they have they've got more weather coming, is it tonight, chick today?
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I mean they're just trying to pick the pick up the pieces and now they've got to deal with more of this. So, uh, just an unnecessary show yesterday by Matt Ryan and Drew and and Mario really rounded it out nicely at the end of the show, just talking about how you know, life isn't promised and you know it's not something that you should take for granted every day it was it was it was an emotional day and I I thought it was really nice those guys were able to make it, you know, make it there and tell us what was the story of what was happening, and.
Speaker 1: Let's keep all these people in our thoughts continually going forward to because the world that we live in, Billy, it's a twenty four hour news cycle, right, Things are talked about for the you know, the first couple of days after something happens. If it's a big event like this, sometimes it's gone, like I said, in twenty four hours. But if it's something like this, it's talked about for a couple of days, but then a week later it kind of just fades away. But we got to keep in mind that this isn't something that's going to be fixed in a week. This is going to be something that's going to take months, you know, years in some cases to build back to where they were. So, you know, just keep these people in your thoughts because they're going to need your help, not just this week, but for many many weeks to come as well.
Speaker 3: So taking about vacation one day and next they're picking up the pieces. And Matt shared a stat about how many natural disasters there's been since Andy Basher has taken office. And you and you can't help but think, I mean, my god, you know, what did you sign up for?
Speaker 1: Andy?
Speaker 3: This is it's unbelievable what this state has been through with tornado, alleys shifting, and and even we've gotten some really bad floods. So it's it's tough. But you know, we're Kentucky strong, Shannon, and we're going to support each other. And that's what I love most about the state. But you're exactly right. Just think about these these people that were impacted by this, because this is not going to be a uh this is not going to be a short term thing.
Speaker 1: No, And I can tell you that from first experience. I mean, I don't know if you've ever had any tornado damage to your.
Speaker 2: Own hurricane back in Florida, but never tornado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of you might remember. I think it was ninety six. We had a big tornado that came through and Bullet County was right directly in its path, and I remember my house getting hit. Now, it didn't get leveled, luckily, but a lot of the houses did. But I can remember, and you know, at the time it was it was scary and wasn't funny. But now I can look back on it now and kind of laugh at it. I remember when this tornado came through. I was on the baseball field. My dad grabs me and my mom when you get in the truck and we're going to my grandparents who have a basement at their house because at my house we didn't have a basement.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we are driving in this little truck and my dad is like, it feels like we are traveling five miles an hour. We look behind us, Billy, we could see this tornado and I don't know, like I'm bad at like guestimating exactly how far that thing was behind us. It felt like I was right on us. It was probably I'm going to guess five, maybe six hundred yards behind us. It was close. It was close, and we are trying to outrun this tornado. We don't have far to go, but it just felt like everything was going in slow motion and I'm going to hit the gas pedal and he's going I'm trying, and it felt like we were getting sucked into a vacuum. It was like, gosh, so yeah, it's traumatizing. Man, if you've been through a tornado, if you've had you know, damage like back, you know it was thirty thousand dollars I think worth of damage that it did to my house, my parents out us. But that was ninety six, so what double that now with inflation, just to give you an idea on how bad it was, but not nearly as bad as you know some of the homes in Somerset. So I'm just saying, like it is a very traumatizing experience. The crazy thing about the one that hit our house was it like effect. It blew out all the windows, you know, like stuff was everywhere in the yards and in the neighbor's yards, and you know, stuff was just as you can imagine, all over the place. One room did not get affected, and it was my It was my bedroom. The went perfect exactly, not not one thing went off the shelf, like nothing moved. It's so weird how these things hit, Like the randomness of it, Like how could it hit a house and have every room have windows blown out except for one which was on the top level, by the way, top level bedroom. Nothing moved in my bedrooms like it was untouched, But the rest of the house was an absolute disaster.
Speaker 3: That's bizarre because I've seen tornadoes, you know, level subdivisions, but like maybe the street right across it will be fine. And it's like that's the you know, that's just kind of what tornadoes do. But the same house in the room is untouched. That is a little odd.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: You think about these situations and you think it'll never be me, right, like, I won't be the one in these situations until it actually happens and you hear these sirens and and you know, I do want to commend the all the weathermen out there that you know, they treat it like their super Bowl and they're on for twenty four and forty eight hours at a time, and guys like Mark Weinbrenner or Weinberg Louisville, they get a lot of crap, you know, and people are like, hey, I mean I just got a little wind in Louisville, you know, kind of what the hell? You made a big fuss out of this for nothing? And then a couple hours later there's towns that are absolutely leveled. So it's not an easy situation and you don't think it's going to be you until it actually happens. And it's just devastating to see that this keeps happening in our state. And so, you know, like you said, I've thoughts and prayers with everybody that's been affected, and hopefully you know, when it dies down, you can get out there and help with the recovery as well, because I'm sure that you can make an impact.
Speaker 1: Hey five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven will take your calls as we go throughout the show. The other I guess big sports news right now, Billy for Kentucky. Is Kentucky Baseball down in Hoover, Alabama taking out of Oklahoma. Yeah, it's a two pm start. It's a single elimination game. So the thing is right now, the Cats are projected to be in the NC DOUBLEA Tournament. But you know, if I'm Benji one, I think I'm gonna throw my best picture that I've got available right now. You know I'm not leaving anything to chance. I think you you know you would like to get at least one win in the SEC SEC tournament, And I'm gonna go ahead if I'm Benji on and throw my best pitcher number one, to try to get the win and secure a spot in the NC DOUBLEA Tournament, regardless of what the projections have. Number two. If you throw your best guy, now you got more rest for the NC DOUBLEA tournament as opposed to throwing your three, four, five guy today and then you know, starting your ace or your number two guy the game. I think you throw your best right now and you know, let him get some rest with the NCAA tournament ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a little bit of a quitter's mentality.
Speaker 3: If you were to throw your fourth or fifth best pitcher today, you know, is it tough to improve your seating in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: Probably you'd probably have to win more than one game.
Speaker 3: But these are competitors, right, They wake up and think about how they're going to get better each and every day and how they're going to achieve their ultimate dreams. So I always thought it was weird, like week seventeen or eighteen, I guess in the NFL, and you know they rest the starters, right, they've already clinched the playoff spot.
Speaker 2: It's like a load managementek load managem.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's also though a part you know, to prevent injury as well. Right, you don't want you don't want your QB if you're already in the playoffs, Why do you want your QB going out there for a game that's meaningless at the.
Speaker 3: Why start Tyler Bell today? You know why I throw your best picture?
Speaker 1: I mean because I don't think because in this situation, I don't think it's meaningless.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I meant. I'm certain that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like, I think that there's a lot to the psyche and a mindset of a team. And if you were to go out there and say, hey, we're just mailing this one in, yeah, you know, I think that trickles down from the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, if Kentucky were like a one seed going into the NCAA tournament, I would say, Okay, whatever, don't don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. You're already locked in, you know, to a good seat. You know, there's a chance they could improve their seeding if they make a run here in the SEC tournament, right, So as you want.
Speaker 3: To keep momentum going right, like, you don't want to go in cold, you know, so you want to play as best as you can and hopefully down in Hoover, Alabama, it's a long stay for our guy, Darren. This will be the second game of the day, so it's a little weather dependent. So we assume around a one forty five pre game start with the two pm start. But you know they just swept Oklahoma. Yeahun so why can't they do it again? You know, Kentucky is like top forty in the RPI, and yet they are thirteen and seventeen in conference. I mean, that just shows you how tough it is trying to make a living in the SEC here.
Speaker 1: So we'll be watching that later on today at two o'clock. And I think it's on the SEC network, right am I right about that? Yeah, I'm not sure I believe it is. I mean, why would it Why would the SEC tournament not be on the SEC network.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, stranger things have happened nowadays, but you know that would make.
Speaker 2: A lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find the Kentucky Vandy baseball game the other day and it was like on ESPN plus plus plus, Like I couldn't dig it up anywhere.
Speaker 2: It was on the Oat Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had had three subscriptions, two different, three different sites just to be able to watch it.
Speaker 2: It's that's just reality now, Shannon.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what we've seen more Kentucky men's basketball games go to SEC Plus and you know ESPN's changing their at format. It's going to be thirty dollars just to be able to watch these games, So I mean you may have to be paying more to watch in the watch these streaming games here eventually.
Speaker 1: Eight five nine twenty two eighty seven. We're going to take a break and we'll come back. Well, I want to talk a little bit about this. Have you seen Matt mentored it yesterday on Netflix? This new it's like a mini series, but it's American Manhunt that Bin Laden.
Speaker 2: I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh you watched the whole thing.
Speaker 2: The whole thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, well I guess I can. I mean, I know what happened. You know, it's not like it's a spoiler alert. We lived it, and we lived it. We were there. But I want to talk a little bit about that too, because I'm just through the first episode and I think it's fascinating.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm a bit of a nut for that kind of stuff. So I went and binged the whole thing. So we'll talk maybe a little bit about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll take a break. Take your calls. Eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. And it is the KSR pre Show Welcome Back. It is the KSR pre Show coming back with some Motley Crue for the podcast listeners. I was doing some prep for my afternoon rock show, Billy, and I'm playing Motley Crue because Vince Neil is apparently now single. So if that means if you're keeping scored home, Vince Nil and Tommy Lee are both single. Wow, everybody hide your grandma's That's all I'm saying. It's as rock.
Speaker 3: How can you settle down when you're going on a tour bus from the town and people are throwing themselves out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure those two were tearing it up in their twenties, but now they're like, what, how old are Tommy Lee's in the sixties now, right, I think? So that's a great Vince Nil, He's got to be in his sixties. You can only live that lifestyle for so long though.
Speaker 2: At Mommy Lee's sixty two?
Speaker 1: Sixty two? Yeah, who was the other one? Where Vince Nil Neil? Yeah, he's got to be right up there with him sixty four.
Speaker 3: It's no de naro at eighty something fothering children. But look, they got a couple more years left before their heart fails on them from this rocker lifestyle. Has there ever been at any Alice Blue gown, you know, super fans or groupies.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have people that come see us, but you know, I'm not gonna shame anybody that comes to see us. Why would I do that? Why am I going to run off any of our Oh my god, it's shading the dude. Four Hours of rock and we were talking during the break there about the the bin laden thing. You said you watched all of it. I watched it all us well, in the first the first I guess episode of the thing. I was just blown away with like a few things, like number one, the guy that came in and had like these stacks of paper, and then the other the intelligence leader or whoever it was that he brought the papers into his office, Like what's that? He's like, I just wanted to be documented so that when there's a terrorist attack, you can't say you weren't warned and had all this these you know, I guess information on the fact that beIN Lauden and this terrorist group al Kato was looking into making some sort of attack on America and we were warned and we just ignored it. Which is infuriating too. I mean when you think, Okay, we had all these warning signs and nobody took it seriously, somebody has to pay for that. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there are a lot of warning signs and we could have been a little bit more prepared. There was a lot of illuminating things. And I'm not gonna you know, we already know the story, but there's a lot of details I don't want to spoil if you're going to watch some more of the episodes, But I mean, this all happens and George Bush is looking for something to do, right, and the Secretary of Defense is like, yeah, it's gonna take like six months for us to invade Afghanistan, and this CIA operative just leans forward and goes, you know, I'll get him to you on a platter in four weeks, and bushes like, yeah, I like you. So instead of going with the whole Secretary of Defense in the military, it's a CIA operation.
Speaker 1: Wasn't The guy wasn't even on the board, Like he didn't even have a seat at the table, like he had this big long table and all these like important you know people leaders and everything. Colin Powell and you know, the president and the vice president, you got changing, and then you got this guy that's kind of sitting over here in the corner, not even at the table, going well, I can get him in six weeks. That's what I'm talking about. You're my guy.
Speaker 5: And then like our emotions in allowing that guy to be the leader, the guy that's gonna be in charge of the direction and how we're going about capturing the world's biggest terrorist.
Speaker 1: It's pretty an amazing story.
Speaker 2: That was. That was amazing.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then even in the later episodes, you know they're going through with this raid to try to kill Osama bin Laanen, and then one of the helicopters goes down right at the beginning of the raid. And I think many of us know that part of the story due to the you know that just the obviously it happening, and then the was it Zero Dark thirty was the movie about it? But I mean, you know, they move forward even after something like that terrible happening. They're going to still continue on with the mission. So a lot of great nuggets in that. And I'll give us something to talk about to kill some time before football.
Speaker 1: I'll see if I can knock out the other two hours. I don't have just three hours out of my day that I can sit down and just watch Netflix shows.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, okay, I feel I feel like that was a shot at me a little bit.
Speaker 1: But well, okay, Well, first of all, in addition to the everything that had going on yesterday, I also have you know, we're trying to get our new guitar player, you know, up to speed and learn our entire catalog with Alice Blue Gowns. So we had a three hour practice late last night. So that took up three hours of my night.
Speaker 2: Okay, So your excuse is this one time at band camp?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: And then of course i'd get my work out in. I'm working out with h I got a new workout guy. Now you know I was complaining about the other one. I finished the eight weeks of liftmore. I've got this new guy, and I found out he is the same guy that's the personal trainer for Julius Randall and DeMarcus Cousins and Walla is this guy's name.
Speaker 3: So what is he like teaching you to box out now get tested or something?
Speaker 1: No, but there is there is like agility stuff going on. So I feel like, you know, by the time I get through this four week program, I'm gonna be ready to get some shots up in the NBA, because well, this is the guy that trained a couple of Kentucky stars. Yeah. Wow, Okay, still waiting on you, though, buddy, Still waiting on you to come join.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't you worry, I'm coming. Don't you worry.
Speaker 3: I had a great leg day yesterday, Shannon uh, And I'll be feeling it here a day or two from now.
Speaker 1: But how long did you sit in the sauna? Like eleven minutes?
Speaker 3: We're I mean, we're we're over ten every time we try to get to fifteen.
Speaker 2: And it's tough.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I start getting phone calls, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well say like you can't stay in the middle of the work. Well, they say, you're not supposed to. We don't telling yourself they're not. They say you're not supposed to stay in there like longer than twenty minutes. But like, I've been in there before. And this is this guy that goes in the sauna at the gym that I work at it and he he sits in there for like an hour. And I know that because like when I go in to work out. I see him sitting in there, and then like I go through my workout, I come back to get in and he's still in there. So this is like forty minutes later, and then I sit in there for like, you know, fifteen twenty minutes. There's an hour, and I still get out before he does. This guy's just sitting there all day. Thing, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: That's not healthy?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, doing a fifteen ten to fifteen minutes sauna session three or four times a week, can see some benefits.
Speaker 2: That guy is just dehydrating himself.
Speaker 1: It's like torture. Hey five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Drew. What's up Drew?
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, gentlemen. Uh you know about the sauna. I worked up to about forty five minutes at a little over.
Speaker 4: The years ago.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, no explain to me because I don't really know what I'm doing in the sauna other than just sweating. Is there actual proven benefits or is this like some sort of holistic thing to where we think that it's actually good for you to sit on a sauna and sweat your butt off for an hour.
Speaker 6: Oh no, there's benefits. You know, our body's full of toxins and plus if you don't have the best diet, which at that point I didn't, Yeah, you got you can get the toxins out, and uh so we just kind of I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just sitting in there sweating out cheeseburgers, basically, is what you're telling me.
Speaker 6: That's pretty Yeah, that's pretty much it. And that's basically what I was doing. I was a healthier then I was in my early twenties, and so I didn't I didn't put on weight easily, but man, my my arteries were still still pretty clogged up with you know, I'm a big beef eater. So yeah, it was, it's it is. It's there's a lot of benefit and you get that water weight out of you. So yeah, I worked up forty five minutes. I had a friend that passed out in there, uh, trying to hang in there with me, and sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people know me.
Speaker 6: The Sorry for the visual, but I had to his half naked butt out of there to save his lives.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, yeah, but anyways, I hate the parlay that into something. He was a lot more serious than because I know that we could be somber for days and days. But I did want to mention one thing I was, I'm just a few miles away from all the destruction down here in Corbyn. Just the guys were just a few miles from me and I work actually really close to where the tornado hit. But months ago, there was a couple that lived up on my property in corboran I live. We lived kind of out in the country and so we all know each other. And there was an elderly couple that lived there while their house was being built in London. And the names were Bob and Bernice, and really nice folks. Bob he's uh disabled, couldn't get around very well. He's in a motorized wheelchair. But I just saw them all the time, was able to, you know, carry packages for ms, just just neighborly things. Well sadly, sadly, they they died in the in the tornado, right there in the middle of that neighborhood where the guys were. So and I'm not saying that for like sympathy for me or anything, because I'm telling you, the family members and the folks that are a lot closer to them. They're the ones that are struggling. But I wanted to bring it up just to say that, yes, the focus should be on the people that lost everything and all that, but what a lot of folks don't really realize is the extent of the effects on people. It's it's far reaching. I mean again, you know I'm not right.
Speaker 4: There with the too.
Speaker 1: I got to catch you off out here, buddy. Yeah, thanks you for the call, man, I appreciate it. We'll talk more about it next them. Yeah, welcome back. It is the ksr AP pre show. That heartbreak kind of got us there with Drew's call. I didn't mean to cut them off. I know it kind of comes off as insensitive when you got to go to the heartbreak, but it is what it is. But yeah, Drew, we're thinking about you and everybody who is obviously, you know, affected by the tornadoes across Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So in forty five minutes SNA sessions in.
Speaker 1: Forty five set, yeah too much, God's sake, get break it up into segments at least.
Speaker 3: Oh my buddy passed out trying to hang with me. Well, yeah, there may be an issue there.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Billy. We got the conference finals starting. We got the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Oka See Thunder. Okay, we got looks like on DraftKings the Thunder are a seven and a half point favorite at home. Let's let's go ahead and just pick. First of all, who do you think is going to be in the finals? You got on the other side tomorrow you get the Pacers and Knicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's Thunder Pacers, Shannon. I I would love for the NIXT to make the run just for the betterment of basketball, but I think Indiana is a little bit of the better.
Speaker 2: Team and I'm in all. I'm all in on Shay.
Speaker 3: I mean, he took down Jokic and the Denver Nuggets, so I think they are they get it done and we will have a seventh different champion in the last seven years in the NBA after the Celtics.
Speaker 1: Got I agree with you on the Thunder. I think the Knicks, though, get it done. You know they beat my Celtics. That was impressive. So you took down the champion from last year. I think they're gonna make it to the championship this year. But you can bet it all on Draft Kings Sportsbook, where every second counts. With DraftKings, if you're a new customer, you sign up, you use the promo code KSR. You bet five bucks. If your bet hits, you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. That's all you have to do. Sign up with promo code KSR. For new customers, you can bet on something simple like a team to win. You don't have to do the money line. You can do it however you want. With DraftKings promo code KSR, the crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem called one day hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, eligibuddy restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Best bet must win to receive reward. If for additional terms. Responsible Gaming Resources e dk NG, dot co, slash audio. The line for Kentucky football came out yesterday versus Toledo for their first game. I guess a little.
Speaker 2: Low, you know, yeah, you know we're way off.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look, I keep hearing everybody who were gonna watch out for Toledo. Toledo's good. I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know anything about Toledo football. Do you can you name one player on the Toledo roster? No you can't.
Speaker 2: Fortunately I can't exactly.
Speaker 1: So I mean, like what I just you know, listening to the talking heads, everybody says Toledo's so good and Kentucky's gonna be bad. I didn't think six and a half was a bad guess. Turns out Kentucky is a twelve and a half point favorite. Billy, What would you have guessed if you were being honest, if you didn't know it was twelve and a half. And don't say you would have guessed twelve and a half, because no, you wouldn't have. What would you have said?
Speaker 2: Double digits somewhere?
Speaker 3: Okay, but you know, not much more than than ten or ten and a half because I'm worried about this game too, just because there's a lot of unknowns. Right, there's another revolving door at quarterback. Is the offensive line going to be more similar to the big Blue wall than maybe in years past? You know, with the transfer portal, it it's just created more mystery each year, and and now that we don't even get spring games and have a second transfer portal opening. It's just like, do you really know your team until you actually see them play? But you know, it's still a still a by game, right, It's still one that you need to take business of because the SEC schedule is just that tough.
Speaker 2: You can't afford to lose non conference games.
Speaker 3: And that's why there's been such an argument to changing the Louisville series. But wasn't Toledo a possible position for Vince Marrow like when he was looking at jobs. I feel like it's like maybe he's been in the running for every job in college football over the last five or six years, but I think Toledo specifically was one. But look, I mean, you have some fear for them for a reason, right, I mean they this is a team that beat Mississippi State at Mississippi State by double digits last year. I mean, one of the better teams in the MAC. So it very easily could be a bad start to the year for Kentucky in Mark Stoops And so.
Speaker 1: If you don't beat Toledo, you got much bigger problems on your hands, right, If you can't beat them, And I'm not saying they're going to lose to Toledo, but I think that it could be a close game. So I don't know that you know, they're going to start the season off with a blowout win over Toledo, but yeah, I think it's going to be maybe a little too close for comfort to start the season.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I mean, Kentucky has got to start winning home games, and I'm not talking about just sec home games, like they have got to take care of business in front of their fans. And in a year where you have one last home game and you've increased the season ticket prices, I mean there is you know, I think some resentment by the fan base. You heard when you talk when Matt talked about it on KSR about all the people calling in not renewing their tickets and you know, any of the openings available for season tickets. So that is I think a reflection of Kentucky not being able to get it done at home. You've got to start beating Vanderbilt, you know what I mean, Like these these are non negotiable.
Speaker 1: And South Carolina, yeah, I mean, come on, there was a long stretch where Kentucky Football owned South Carolina and now we flip back to where we were before. Where Now South Carolina's beating Kentucky every year, So you got to get those games back. Before we go back to the phone, I got to ask you your opinion on this, Billy, and I don't know that you really have. I don't know that really you should have an opinion on this as somebody who proposed to his girlfriend at the jfk assassination. So hold on now, observation power thinking. But did you see Brock Vandergriff? Did you see what he did?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, Brock Vandergrift proposed to his girlfriend with an antler with the ring on the antler, and on the antler was painted the words will you marry me? Billy?
Speaker 2: What in the hill, billy hell does this?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've never heard he's proposing to his girlfriend with an antler with a ring on it on the horn? What'd you take on this? Fair or foul? Proposing with a deer antler?
Speaker 3: Well, look, the antler's like painted, it's got flowers on it, says.
Speaker 1: Will you marry It's still an antler. It was still a part of a live animal at one point.
Speaker 3: I uh, look, I mean, to each their own right, it's it's corny but love finds a way, Shannon, I'm completely fair with this. I you know Brock Vandergriff, you know, it is his life going out there and sitting in the stand and finding a deer to shoot. So why not find somebody that will spend the rest of your life with you, that likes the same things you do?
Speaker 2: So I think it is fair.
Speaker 3: It's more about the couple than it is Shannon the Dude or any morning radio host judging them for what they find special sand And so I'm going to one hundred percent corny, but one hundred percent fair.
Speaker 2: Love always finds a way.
Speaker 1: Please, you're calling it corny. I think if you propose with an antler, you could call it horny. What's up, Larry.
Speaker 4: Well? I too stayed up last night and watched that Netflix show on Find an Obama. But if you're interested in that sort of stuff, there's a fabulous book called The Looming Tower that's about what Obama was up to during all those years and how he built his power base. Oh sorry, Osama, bin Lauden, my mistake. I apologize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's.
Speaker 4: A it's a it's a terrific book because it it the the show last night tells you about how they finally found him, but this book tells you what he was doing during all years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I find that stuff fascinating. Yeah, just the behind the scenes stuff. I've seen that video, you know, several times of when you know George Bush is they're reading to the kids and he's trying to not react because he doesn't want to scare anybody. Right. But imagine, though, Billy, you're the president. You're just going for a you know, a little visit with an elementary school, and you're reading this book. You think it's going to be a normal day, and you get somebody come up and whisper in your ear that America is under attack.
Speaker 2: America is under attack.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think I could keep a cool head like he did in that in that uh circumstance, and he's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: Gold stand and say, you're going to have to excuse me. You know, I've got to deal with the situation. Yeah, you know, there's a way to react to it without standing up and making the children scared. But I also found fascinating the counter terrorism units and how they were blamed for, you know, just unbelievable failures. But you know they were working as hard as anybody. I mean, they were the only ones trying to even find Osama or to stop these things, so I did feel bad for them.
Speaker 1: The thing that I found really chilling was when they said, you know, we don't know if they're going to try to fill up playing into this elementary school, right, And I heard that, I'm like, yeah, that's unfathomable. I mean, can you even imagine.
Speaker 3: It's just I mean the people in the Pentagon didn't think they were going to be hit either, right, right, But here was a guy that was a sole survivor from his unit to survived that. So there was It was good. It was really good. And it's still chilling to watch that footage that you see in the first ten minutes of the episode one next What's up?
Speaker 7: You have them going down? All right, man, Jan And I was just wanting to ask you about use every every Companion Baseball been on SEC plus this year next and nobody has it so you you couldn't even get you can even find it on the box, Well I couldn't.
Speaker 1: This past weekend. I found some of them on there, but I could not find that one. I actually had to go to actually find it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: We have found the box's limits.
Speaker 1: Well, it was on YouTube. I think, you know sometimes if you go on YouTube. I don't know how this happens, Billy, but I guess there's somebody who's streaming it on YouTube. I don't think they have the license to do that. But I'm just saying, if you dig far enough, you can find it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I was. I've been wondering because I've been figure I have a fire stick that I get everything, but I can't get a SEC plus up either. So I was wondering to fight out the box, I would have it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I mean possibly so, but I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Probably nine times out of ten, Peanut, you will. You just got to find it. That's the thing with that media boxes. There's there's no direction.
Speaker 7: There's like I get all the ESPN plus but no SEC plus.
Speaker 4: It's wow.
Speaker 1: Yea, all right, Peanut anything thanks for the call. I appreciate it, Billy. We need to mention this. Sean Woods was announced this morning as the head coach for Lo Familia. Excited about that Scott County head coach and now he's going to be the head coach of Lo Familia for TVT this summer.
Speaker 3: We talk about the success of former KSR pre show co hosts all throughout different walks of life. And now Sean Woods has not only found a new job with Scott County, he's going to be the coach of the TVT team, and and that makes sense. You know, I guess with Tyler Eulis being at Arkansas, you know, I'm sure he would love to come back, but maybe they're a little logistical issues there. But you know, Sean is going to do some great things over at Scott County, I hope, And so this would be a good start for it, and hopefully the TVT team can you can get another win versus Louisville because we're gonna have to go into Freedom Hall to win that game. If they do meet, I would think that the tournament organizers are going to have to make sure that these two teams meet at some point, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't really follow it, I would hope. So I didn't really follow it really too much before last year, but last year I kind of got into it, and you know, I guess maybe you know, the Kentucky Lovell game sparked a lot of interest, but it was a lot of fun. Last year, and I'm looking forward to you know, the team this year hopefully.
Speaker 3: How about Nate Sistina being a baller, Yeah, and I mean making up for lost time and people getting spit on and Drew getting sucker punched. I mean, come on, We're set up for a great round two.
Speaker 1: We're gonna wrap Drew and bubble wrap this time if we play in Freedom Holliday Hey five nine to twenty two eighty seven. We'll come back with our final segment of the KSR Pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the final segment of the KSR Pre Show. The segment sponsored by Silk Velvet Whiskey, my new favorite bourbon that's out there, and it is a historic brand, revived first craft it back in eighteen eighty and Henderson, Kentucky. And this is not just your average bottle of bourbon. We're talking top shelf bourbon here, the good stuff, put together and brought back by the Hargus family, handpicked by award winning master distiller Jab Call. And it's over a century in the making where every sip tells the story. Silk Velvet, like I said, revived by the Hargess family. Craft it for those who know their bourbon, bold, smooth and unapologetically Kentucky aged six years to perfection. You won't find any gimmicks here, just real honest bourbon with heritage and every drop handcrafted, hand selected, and made to be enjoyed as smooth as silk and Rich's velvet. They're going to be at our KSR Golf Scramble, Billy, coming out we are, So if you're going to be at the golf scramble, you try make sure, yeah, make sure you try it and you end up wanting to buy a bottle. And if you do want to buy a bottle, you can get it at liquor stores throughout Kentucky. You can go to Silk Velvet Whiskey dot com. Make sure you give them a follow on social media as well, and they'll let you know exactly where you can find Silk Velvet Whiskey. Billy. Are you concerned about these inmates that escaped in Louisiana? They've been on the run now for several days. I know we were talking a little bit about it during the break, but apparently it was like, what was it a dozen I think that escaped and there's still six on the run now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was ten ten and kind of like the Netflix documentary. I've been fascinated by this too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ten people escaped last Friday from a New Orleans prison and they did it in like a hole in the plumbing behind a toilet. There's like riding on the wall under above the hole. That says too easy, like they're mocking the guards.
Speaker 1: I like they spelled it wrong, though too well, they put too easy, but they put to o not too of course, you know, I don't know. If I don't know, you expect anybody has gave me from prison to be grammatically correct.
Speaker 3: But you're right, they've they've found a few of them. One was sleeping on a like a bench in just in New Orleans. Another one was trying to hide it in a band in house. But they're saying that this this was impossible without staff involvement, Shannon, So they think that there's somebody on the inside that may have helped these people get out. But there's some surveillance footage of them jumping off the dock. One guy's got like a blanket and he's tripping all over himself. I don't know, Shannon, Uh, did you ever watch Prison Break?
Speaker 1: The TV show? No? No, but I have watched Almost Got Away with It. I am talk about shows that I love the good and then a lot of these episodes on that show is about people breaking out, right, But like, what's what's in it for the person? Like, let's let's say it's the jailer, Okay, that's doing like an inside job and allowing these people to escape from prison. What's in it for them? I mean, the worst thing that's gonna happen to them is they're gonna end up in jail, right, But what's the upside other than just letting people go.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe develop relationships with these hardened criminals. As a guard, I would I would think that you would, you know, they'd tell you to keep your distance. But maybe that's just the little humanity coming out in the guards wanting to get these guides out of a tough situation. Maybe they're promised, you know, things on the outside. Probably these hardened criminals have mob ties and things like that. Shannon, I mean, hey, you help me out, I'll help you out.
Speaker 1: If you're breaking out of prison, Billy, where's the first place you're going?
Speaker 2: Waffle house?
Speaker 1: I gotta eat?
Speaker 2: And they're not gonna tell, I.
Speaker 1: Mean nobody's waffle house. They get all suspicious about this guy in an orange jumpsuit just walking in all muddy, ordering a smothered and covered hause.
Speaker 3: Is that not just another night at waffle house? I think if you're gonna get any grub, they would turn the other way. I think that'd be the first place I've got to go.
Speaker 1: So you're saying the one place you could fit in late at night as a waffle house walking in in a jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then I don't know what I'm doing, Like I I really don't. Like, maybe you go to a family member or friends, but.
Speaker 1: That's obvious that's the first place the police are going. True.
Speaker 3: But like I feel like if I, you know, try to cross state lines or just try to travel, I'm gonna get picked up on security footage things like that and they'll find me in an instant.
Speaker 2: So like twenty twenty five shit, and you're not hiding.
Speaker 1: I mean those cameras everywhere.
Speaker 3: The guy that uh, you know, shot the was it the CEO in New York a year or so ago? I mean they were They found him into McDonald's right, like it was just like it's bizarre like with the people.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, just footage being.
Speaker 3: Out there and pictures of yourself is it's it's harder to hide more than ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean, like the first if you're going to McDonald's. First of all, why are you going to waf Wiles? Why are you going anywhere like that? Because you know you're going to be recognized if you go to a cast dumpster diving and.
Speaker 3: You have food and yes, the bakery dumpster when they throw out the doughnuts.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, I'm not going to just walk, you know, to the McDonald's next to the police station. If you're breaking out of prison the sue.
Speaker 2: Cream machine's broke and you start throwing stuff and a scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy, I continue to get foreign money. This is something that just will not stop. And I don't know if you saw me post this a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw this one.
Speaker 1: I got twenty is it kiots or chaot or cats? We're gonna call it twenty cats. You tell me ky ats, twenty cats, I'm gonna call it. I got this from somebody that also wrote a little note that goes along with it. It says, I listen to your show all the time. Originally from Tera Hot, Indiana, but now I live in Florida. Earlier in the week, you guys were talking about eating raccoon. Were we talking? Yeah, we were. You know, we're talking about eating roadkill.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: It was Xavier Legette was talking about eating raccoon with the guy Ferrari.
Speaker 1: Ferrari, Yeah, got here take it thereby? Yeah, he says. My daddy had a red bone coonhound and hunted all the time. You said you didn't think you would like to eat it, but you're wrong. If you like deer, you would like raccoon. After you skin it, you trim off all the fat except for enough to cook in it. Cook it in. I used the good barbecue sauce. Bake it in the oven. You'll be surprised at how good it really is. I had. This is my best, my favorite part of this whole thing. This is the best part. I have fed it to a lot of people and not told them what it is until after they had eaten it. They really loved it. I know you collect form money. Here's my contribution. Redbone Howie Billy, I don't know about you. But if you bring me over to your house for dinner and you cook me raccoon without letting me know what it is, I'm gonna be a little mad at you.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you don't want to have a little of my mystery meat? No, man, I just put it on the gas grill. It's nice and cooked. You put it in a new life, he says. You just slather barbecue sauce on a raccoon and throw it in an oven.
Speaker 2: Fair or foul? Not telling somebody what you're cooking for him, that's foul.
Speaker 1: You can't tell them. You can't tell them, you know, come over for chili, but we're really eating chili with raccoon.
Speaker 4: Bee.
Speaker 2: Well, sometime it's good for him.
Speaker 1: I think it's safe to assume that if we're having, you know, chili, it's gonna be ground beef, not ground raccoon. So I'm going for a percent foul. Don't invite me over on your new grill and try to.
Speaker 3: You're getting the foot on doing and you come over and you're gonna have no idea what you're eating.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: KSR is the promo code on DraftKings for new customers. Bet five dollars, get three hundred dollars in bonus bet if your first bet hits only on DraftKings with promo code KSR. That's it for the pre show. KSR is up next. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Thanks for listening.