Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Belllely Tenday in Pacific one Eastern. And it is Monday on this show, and you know what that means. We've got a lot to talk about here today. Tonight is RAW, Tomorrow is NXT, Everybody's favorite show. Wednesday's aw Dynamite, the last show before Grand Slam. I also got to build up that Seattle pay per view coming up on October first, and of course this weekend we had a lot of shows including SmackDown, Collision, Rampage, a UFC pay per view, and Mike SEPPERBV will not be joining us here today. No, Instead, once again we will be joined by Filthy Tom Lawler co hosting the show today. Now from this point forward, most likely Tom's going to be returning to Monday's ADD two Pacific five Eastern Schools started again. But Mike was unavailable today and so for a number of reasons, we decided we'll just get Tom on this show, so he's going to be joining us after the break. We can talk about all of this news, and the news includes the final day that Vince McMahon will own the WWE. That is today, We've got the NXT lineup, updates on Hacksaw, Jim Duggan and Bray Wyatt's family, Matt Riddle sexual assault claim against an officer from the port authority JFK Airport. We'll tell you about that New Japan. New Japan World is going to be introducing some new, some different. I guess I don't even know what. Why don't we have Tom on, He's the last guy that knows anything about New Japan. But they're changing some aspects of the service and raising the price. And we'll talk about Drue Mcattyre and a bunch of other things as well. There's a lot to get into today, so stick around and we'll be back after the break. Wrestling Observer Live back in the show. Brian Elbarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simper VD, also Wrestling observe dot com. Filthy. Tom Lawlor is joining us here today and I got a question for you, Tom. How long have you been a wrestling fan?
Speaker 2: My entire life? Since you were zero nineteen eighty three May fifteenth, forty years Wow. I would say you've been watching probably thirty five years.
Speaker 1: Really thirty five years. What is the first thing that you remember watching? Tom to earliest memory of wrestling.
Speaker 2: Adrian Street Adrian Street on ESPN on ESPN, Lightning Kid, I don't know, Jeff Jarrett get getting etherd with a rag on ESPN.
Speaker 1: And what is your first memory of WWF?
Speaker 2: My first memory? Do you remember covid the Hulkster?
Speaker 1: Brother watched the Hulkster? Huh?
Speaker 2: I watched the Hulkster. I was watching. I definitely watched before for Hogan Warrior, which was a monumental match. I was probably watching for two or three years consistently up to that point. I remember Demolition being able to fool the referee when he couldn't tell that it.
Speaker 1: Was as ridiculous, crush ridiculous. Well, you know, I bring it up, Tom, because my early memories of wrestling are also WWF. My sister was a fan before I was, and she loved hul Cogan and she had a Hull Cogan posters on the door, and man, I hated that thing. I just wanted to rip it down. I did not like wrestling. I thought it was so stupid. And later my father's mother, my grandmother, not granny on my father's side, she moved in and she spoke no English, she only spoke Spanish. And she would sit there and I didn't speak any Spanish, and she would always just go Lucca. And I asked him, my dad, what does this mean, Luchen. He goes, she wants to watch wrestling. I was like, God, my sister and my grandma, so so I turned on wrestling, and anyway, long story short, I sort of got into it. But the point is, Tom, that Dave our own Dave Meltzer tweeted today, today is the last day Vince McMahon owns the WWE. Tomorrow it becomes part of the Endeavor Family as a merged company TKO with the UFC. McMahon will still be in charge of WWE, executive chair of the new company and sixteen percent owner. So this is the end of an era. Today is the end of an era. Tom, This is the final day that a McMahon owns WWWF WWFWWE Today is the final day we lived to see this day, Tom.
Speaker 2: And I could not be happier, Brian, because now who is in charge of the entire thing none other than Emmanuel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's all come full circle here. Who would ever thought, at in the day you might go to work for Emmanuel. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: You never know, Tom, I don't foresee that. Although the UFC and WW merger does present a lot of interesting, you know, scenarios upcoming, not only with the two companies themselves, but they both have rights deals coming up. They have what could be, you know, one lucrative streaming service perhaps if they combined fight Pass and whatever they have going on with Peacock into you know, one package. So the future looks bright for this troup. Despite their stock, the WW stock taking a hit last week, it looks like that's gonna rebound, no problem here this week.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, speaking of services, Tom, I don't know why I bring this up to you because you don't know, Jack, but New Japan Pro Wrestling is now significant upgrades to its streaming service, New Japan World About time. New service will include apps, for iOS, Android, and Roku. Video on the service will be upgraded a full HD. Users will have the ability to download content to watch offline, search functions will be improved. Price of the service is increasing from nine hundred and ninety nine yen to ninety eight yen, so basically it's going from six't eighty two in the US to eight eighty six in the US, so still a major bargain and an exact release date for this new service is yet to be announced. With it, this means like if you have Apple TV, if you have a rokup like you can now stream it on your television. And the increase to full HD, I mean, man, I watched those shows and I loved them, but it certainly was not full age D I can tell you that much. So that's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: I think the most exciting aspect of it all is they mentioned the ability to download content offline and as a subscriber to YouTube Premium. As someone who travels quite frequently, that is a huge, huge bonus for any sort of app, so I'm very I was pumped up for that. It says that the search function will be improved, Well, I'm not sure it could possibly get any worse. So I'm glad that they're ticketing.
Speaker 1: I've never even tried to use a search function, like what's it about? What's it? Do nothing?
Speaker 2: The opposite of whatever it's intended purpose is.
Speaker 1: So if I search filthy Tom, it'll just like you know, Tom McGee will come up or something.
Speaker 2: If you're lucky, I think, Yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of Jerry Lawler matches from new school. I'm still I'm still recovering. Goll darn it. Yeah, this school thing, Tom, I don't know. Man, kids just go to school and they just come home sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happened in the first week to my kids too, But we've recovered. He's all good, all good in the hood. Although they are off today.
Speaker 1: Which uh what are they Monday?
Speaker 2: For school development day? Teacher development?
Speaker 1: I see, couldn't they do that like during the whole long summer.
Speaker 2: It's probably because of the day, I see.
Speaker 1: I guess all right. We've got NXT tomorrow, which is a big show for those of you that are big fans like me of NXT. We have got Tiffany Stratton versus Becky Lynch for the NXT women's title. So there's really I mean there's two options here. They're doing a lame DQ in the main event or Becky Lynch is winning the NXT Women's title, and I would lean towards the ladder. I mean, they're not even doing like angles. It was like they just announced next week this championship match is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That is not true. She was called out Tiffany Stratton call yeah, but I mean and backstage, and then Becky also made mention of it.
Speaker 1: They did they have not like It's not like Becky showed up on NXT and you did like a back and forth or whatever. It's like her first appearance on NXT is going to be a title match, her first live appearance.
Speaker 2: She might as well win it. I mean, what else are you doing with Tiffany Shtratt? And this will elevator regardless if she wins or loses. I can't see her winning a feud over Becky Lynch.
Speaker 1: Well, if you guys remember they they actually did this once with Braun. Remember when Dolph Ziggler went down NXT and he beat Braun for the title and then that led to Braun winning the title back on Raw. So that's even that's a pretty big thing. Like Tiffany Stratton beating Becky Lynch for a belt on Raw or SmackDown if they changed the title in NXT. I mean, Becky is not Dolf Ziggler, She's like a big star. So that's a pretty interesting decision there.
Speaker 2: Tiffany Stratton's gonna be a big star too.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, at some point we have Wes Lee versus Elia Dragonov number one contenders match, which should be awesome.
Speaker 2: We object Ilja drag it off into my veins, please, because not only will I be happy, but I'd be higher on the card and making more money. That guy is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is ooon one of the best workers on the planet. Honestly, one of the best workers on the planet. I'm not like I know some of you don't watch it, but like he is. Then we have two Global Heritage International Tournaments Invitational Tyler Bate versus Axiom, which could be great, and a Curree Tazawe versus Nathan Fraser, which if you've seen a cure Tazowel when he actually gets to work and not do stupid stuff, that could be great. Then we've got the Creeds versus Dries and no Fad Malique Blade, Dana Brook versus Lyra Valkyre. You gotta have one of those. On the show, Charlie Dempsey, Drew Gulak and Damon Kemp versus Brooks, Jensen, Josh Briggs and Miles Bourne come back with the standings for the tournament and the now Mercy lineup after the break and more Wrestling Observer Live at the show. Bryan Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live Filthy Tom Lawler. So we got I was actually thrown off because I was. This is basically a g one tournament, but they're doing it right. They only have two blocks instead of the four we got. Group A Butch has three points, Actium as one, Tyler Bait, Charlie Dempsey of zero, Group B, Joe Coffee four points, Nathan Fraser and Duke cuts and both have two, and a cure to Zawah has zero. So that's the standings for this Global Heritage Tournament. We have this odd story. The Port Authority Police Department has launched an investigation into a sexual assault claim made by Matt Riddle against one of its officers. TMZ reports that the Port Authority PD is internally investigating Riddle's claim made on Sunday and has since deleted Instagram post following an alleged incident at New York's JFK Airport, Riddle posted a photo of a Port Authority PD officer on Sunday with the following caption, later deleted, nothing like being sexually assaulted by an officer and harassed the JFK air Airport. No means no and just because I'm nice does not mean yes. Then he says a bad word. Don't know their Twitter or Instagram handles, but I took pictures normally I'm like whatever, but today was really weird and uncomfortable, and they made a point to make me feel small and useless. Definitely one of the most uncomfortable travel days I've ever had. Thanks New York City are so progressive and accepting. Ringside News on Sunday reported to claim from an officer on the scene that Riddle was quote heavily intoxicated and causing a scene and acting disrupt between his transfer of flights at JFK, leaning to the Port Authority Police being called to the scene to deal with Riddle. After a few attempts of de escalating the situation and removing Matt from the area it became physical, said Riddle, brushed off an opportunity to file a formal complaint against the officer in the alleged assault. Regarding the alleged disruptive behavior that caused police to be called to the scene in the first place, DMZ notes there was no police report filed. Riddle was declared quote free to go. So I guess there's an investigation going on and we'll find out what's happening.
Speaker 2: Bizarre story.
Speaker 1: Nothing like that ever happened to you.
Speaker 2: No one has ever touched me.
Speaker 1: I'm talking like just a bad experience, like going through this thing. No, you travel all the time.
Speaker 2: I do, but I keep to myself, you know what I mean. I have been accused of being not real on an airplane. You know.
Speaker 1: I can give everybody a lighthearted thing that happened to me a few years ago. So back in the day, back when it was a lot harder to do podcasts on the road, I had this extremely complicated setup, and there was like, you know, two boxes this long, and I had all of these different cables, and then I had to have the computer, and then I had to have all of these mics, and like it was just like this crazy thing. And I had all in this suitcase and I went through the you know, the metal detector and everything, and and they like pulled me aside for my backpack, which had like nothing but clothes in it. But the suitcase with all of these wires and devices and machines. Man, that just sailed right through. I was like, you know, I don't know, man, that thing looks like that looked like a bomb quite frankly. But man, they didn't care. They just let it slide on through. Now things are different, what I'm saying, what a story, Yeah, for today exactly anytime? Yeah, that is it is nine to eleven a day, isn't it. I was very surprised about that.
Speaker 2: Well, uh yeah, me too. I was surprised.
Speaker 1: Hey, hacksaw Jim Duggins. All right, they got They said he'll be back on his feet soon, back on the mend. The surgery has not been disclosed, but he underwent emergency surgery a couple of days ago, admitted to the hospital, and his wife, Debra, says that he will be back on his feet, but to not say what the deal was. So and then, the Rotunda family has publicly thanked the Rock for this port he has offered. Since bray Wyatt's passing, his sister Mika praised a Rock and his social media post, writing he has kept the family's home filled with groceries the past two weeks. They want to thank the Rock for his kindness, condolences and love the past two weeks. Like he did all people wouldn't have had a positive impact on him as well. DJ has kept our fridges and homes, yes plural, filled with meals and groceries. So very nice of the Rock to to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rock gets some heat, and some of it rightfully. So, I mean, he is selling his footwear products through the UFC and the fighters are getting no cut of that. However, he's also out there making a difference for people, you know, buying one of the UFC fighters a home. He's donating money to the wildfire victims in Hawaii, and.
Speaker 1: Guys got a little like how money laying around you know what I'm saying, He's got some money. Can you imagine like twenty years ago, it's twenty twenty three, right, Can you imagine in two thousand and three when he was doing like Scorpion King and like he was just like a cgi face in that movie or whatever. Can you imagine if someone would have told you, do you realize that within like, you know, decade or so, fifteen years, the rock will be the biggest movie star and the highest paid movie star in all of Hollywood. It happened.
Speaker 2: What was the other thing he did? Like? What was it? Walking? Tall? He did?
Speaker 1: Walking?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For a while there, it was like, well, I don't want to be typecass is a muscle man. I'm gonna lose a lot of weight and do a normal man roles. That didn't work out too well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't think he would be he would reach these heights, even though that was, you know, a big name movie. Then Fast and the Furious. You know, sure that's a that's a big role. But I didn't think it'd be the highest paid actor in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At one point. You know who else is quite popular? You know who? My kids always mentioned to me Batista? No, the other guy, John Cena.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Apparently very popular with six and seven year olds.
Speaker 1: Right now, I can believe that. I was somewhere yesterday and I saw a kid with the John Sena shirt on.
Speaker 2: It's popular with forty year olds too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this kid had to never give up shirt on or something like that. I was like, yes, when you're seven, don't ever give up. Hey, how was that UFC this weekend? How is that main event?
Speaker 2: Boy? Oh boy? What an upset. I was one of these people that you if you would have asked to bet their house before the fight, I would have bet on Israel Adisania. And that's coming from somebody who's man.
Speaker 1: I've trained, I bet your house unless you know the rock brother.
Speaker 2: I have trained quite a bit with Sean Strickland in the past, years ago when I was still fighting, and he is as advertised. There's absolutely no faking his persona or his fighting style. When he is talking about wanting to meet people in the desert and fight them to the death, I one hundred percent believe that is the thing that would make him the happiest. Now he has shown some what you could say or defensive deficiencies. In the past, he's been kaoed. He got kao with a spinning heel kick years ago. He got kaoed by Kamaro Usman years ago. He was kaoed by Alexander Pereira Poeton a few years back. So he has been knocked out. But Israel Adisani was not able to find his chin. Really, he wasn't even able to come close. Sean Strickland walked him down, put Adisania on his back foot. The entire fight at Asnia looked off balance, throwing strike, he looked uncomfortable in the cage, and it was except for the second round, which was a close round in you know, most ways, it was a shutout for Sean Strickland, who walked at Israel Adisania and punched him in the face repeatedly more times than Israel Adisnia did to him, and walked away against the odds as the new UFC Middleweight Champion of the World. And now we just wait and see how long until GSP announces he's coming back out of retirement. Wow.
Speaker 1: Hey, without saying it on the air, obviously a couple of comments in the chat here, What was the story with the homophobic slurs that Dana swept under the rug? What happens?
Speaker 2: The story is that two of the fighters, Manel Cape and I believe Charles Radkey dropped one of the f bombs towards the fans. Charles Radkey did that because the fans were booing him, and then he told he told the fans that get in the ring and he'd fight them. So that tells you his mindset in that moment. Uh and Manel Cape I believe was referring to a number of people who've dropped out and we're not able to fight him that he had scheduled in the past and used that same term. So this doesn't but he doesn't look good.
Speaker 1: And he started screaming homophobic slurs at the crowd and asking him to get in the cage and fight him.
Speaker 2: That's what happened. He got booed yeah, and then and then Daniel Cormier said thank you very much and he walked off. That was the opening of the interview and the end of the interview.
Speaker 1: And then Dana's response was just that they were over excited.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes these things happen in MMA. You know, people don't know what to say in public, they don't know how to act. We're dealing with a bunch of heathens. I don't know if you know this or not.
Speaker 1: Brian, Well, I mean I got one.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the few. I'm one of the few that made it out.
Speaker 1: You did make it out, right, he did make it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm one of the more intelligent ones.
Speaker 1: And you didn't grow up wanting to fight. You wanted to grow up to be a wrestler.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I wanted to grow up and make money playing dress up and fighting people in my underwear a couple. Whether that's the UFC. Yeah, Well the UFC wasn't an option when I was growing up, and then it became one.
Speaker 1: So ironically, you don't wear your underwear now you wear these daisy dukes whatever these things are.
Speaker 2: Got a new Fall twenty twenty three catalog you gonna hit soon? Really, my Fall twenty twenty three fight kit. The denim's out, brother, Oh it is, it's gone well, but sporting the stars and stripes over the summer.
Speaker 1: You have, actually I've seen that. Yes, Well, stand by everybody when we come back, when we get Tom's thoughts on SmackDown and collision. And did you watch Rampaid Deserve a Battle Royal this week or no?
Speaker 2: It was not a Battle Royal. However, there were tournament matches in the Grand Slam eliminator which were.
Speaker 1: Well stand by and we'll talk about it after the break. Brother Observer Live Oday, not gonna show Bryin Elbert is here Wrestling Observer Live guilty, Tom Lawler joining us. How you want to talk about first? Tom, you got two shows you're gonna cover here. I'll throw in my thoughts.
Speaker 2: These shows are smacked down and collision. You're referring to yes orright? I believe rampage, collision.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want, dude, I watched all three of them. Well get going, brother, Hey, let's get smacked.
Speaker 2: Down out of the way while we have time. TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts. What a fine place to have anything professional wrestling, sports life. It's an awesome place. Check it out if you have a chance. Boston Garden, Boston, mass Shatzi and Charlotte opened up the show, taking on EO, Sky and Bailey Damaged Control seemingly had things won, but Osca came out looking like a clown and she stole the Woman's belt from Dakota Kai, who was ringside. Charlotte'sent Eo off the apron with a boot, Shatzi hit Bailey with a cross like a DDT and they picked up the win. This really was there to set up Osca getting in the ring, dancing with the woman's title and going face to face with EO. So it looks like we're heading towards a singles contest.
Speaker 1: Are two now they have announced that match SmackDown.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Usso, I don't know what's going on here. Apparently he wants to be back in the Bloodline.
Speaker 1: Yes, he says he's never officially been kicked out, so he must be in. And Paul says, well, you're in, but you're not really in until Roman gives it the okay, and so he wants Jimmy to take care of a j and uh, you know, AJ goes after Paul, Jimmy attacks him, makes the safe for Paul, and that sets up Jimmy and AJ for the main events.
Speaker 2: Seem like they kind of ran out of things to do this week.
Speaker 1: They're in a lull story right now. We're just kind of, you know, just kind of doing whatever until we get to Rumble season. I think is the way it's gonna be. And I think that we're gonna get Roman reigns in La Knight. I honestly gotta think that's gonna be the the championship match for Royal Rumble.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good direction because La Knight is over with this Bean Town crowd, and every crowd that he's in front of nowadays gets them cheering for him as he talks about beating up the miz. This's brought out Grayson Waller, who then brought out Austin. Thierry Knight told these mushmouthed, dim wooded halfwits that tonight on Legend's Way and Boston mass They're gonna get beat up in a legendary way. Yeah. I was wondering, Brian, this would have been a perfect segment to get the return of the dummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah we didn't. We got marble mouthed mush face or something like that. I forget what he said.
Speaker 2: Do you remember on TNA he had the button, he had a stand eli Drake would stand up there and smash it and call people dummies. Dummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually do not remember this, but maybe they'll bring the button back. Hey, you know what, last week I went on a what I thought was just a nothing happening commentary on ol Austin theory because he had the most boring ass match with just long chin locks and it was just nothing happening. I think it was him, and I can't remember. It doesn't matter anyway. The point is.
Speaker 2: For some reason him in La Night.
Speaker 1: This no was a different match. This was one of those things where it went all over the internet. Wrestling Reporter offers in vice Austin there. I'm like, God, he got nothing better to do. He literally got nothing better to do than to make this a headline story. And you know, I was like, come on, like, I'm really in the wrong for saying that he should do more than lay on the mat in chinlocks. And yeah, it was a Ray match, My god, like, can you imagine having a match to Boring with Ray? Well, anyway, I don't think you listened to my advice at all. And in fact, all of those articles were like, uh, WWE wrestler advised not to listen to h Wrestling Reporter and that one I had to read because I was like, who's who advised him that? And it turned out it was like people in the comments section were advising him not to listen to me. I was like, my god, what a life I live. But anyway, so he has he goes in there with La Knight, and man, this La Knight mismatch they had a week ago was the most generic nothing happened in mid nineties. Boring match you've ever seen, and I thought, oh my god, now we've got l A. Knight in Austin Theory, like, God help me. But you know what is good. They went in there and they worked hard, and at the end of the day, I thought they had a much better match than I was expecting. And La won with that stunner after Theory avoided going into a buckle that old Grayson yanked off. I thought this match was good.
Speaker 2: It's a cravat facebuster.
Speaker 1: Whatever dude got stunning. He's being stone cold in the rock as two finishes are the people's elbow and the stunner. I mean, you can change him a little bit, but we all know what's going on. It's not a mystery. I'm not the only one saying it. Come on.
Speaker 2: La Knight was backstage. He interrupted Adam Pierce of Paul Hayman said that he wants to rematch with them is next week, which we're gonna get, and then there was an interaction between Paul and Knight where Paul told him, next time he's in the room, knock first. So there's your setup the future. They're moving Actually we mentioned kind of like a holding pattern on the show, but they at least moved forward with the storylines outside of the Bloodline towards Roman Reigns and the bloodline with what happened later on and La Knight here, so more people are getting involved in the main event, the Judgment Day. Who now can appear on both shows legally? I guess even though they've been on both.
Speaker 1: Shows, everybody can. Everyone's gonna be on both shows till Vince comes back.
Speaker 2: Well he's gone good after today.
Speaker 1: Right, Nah, he's still He's still kind.
Speaker 2: So they're the unified tag champs. Finn talked for a little bit, then Dom tried to speak and Jessica buried in jeers and booze by the crowd. Damian Priest says they did something that the Bloodline of Roman Reigns could not do. They took the belts off Kevin Owens and Sammy Zain. Eventually the brawling brutes came out, well minus Seamus. So it's Butcher and Ridge Holland. They get in the ring, Butch snaps Finn's fingers. They clear the ring and their schedule contests began. Butcher Ridge Holland took on Finn Baller and Damian Priest and the Judgment Day, the Tag Team Champions won the match. Ye won the match with a South of Heaven on Ridge. Priest hit another one onto Butch, throwing him under Ridge. Finn hit the coup de gras and they got the win. And afterwards, as Judgment Day celebrated Bobby Lashley's music hit, he and the Street Profits came down went face to face with the Judgment Day and told them he's right. Judgment Day is right. The bloodline is crumbling, but it's going to be Lashlee in the Street Profits taken over Man and then the main event set up over the past two weeks, AJ Styles versus Jimmy Usso this match is going on. Paul Hayman shows up on the ramp with Solo. Paul told Jimmy was not even there. They went at it, slapped each other in the face, Jimmy and in Zagury. AJ answered with a pele kick, hit the forearm on Jimmy on the floor and Ushi Garoschi in the ring, and then he sent Jimmy to the floor or I'm sorry, Jimmy sent Aj to the floor. Solo was stalking him. Jimmy wanted him to attack. Apparently any went outside. They argued, aj pushed Jimmy into solo hit the Phenomenal Form got the win pin Jimmy Usso and as he went back up the ramp, Finn Baaler and Damian Priest came out, beat him down, threw him in the ring, solo hit the Someone's Spike. A lot of people stood around staring at each other, and the show ended. Not a fan of this main event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the main event was just there, but it was very interesting. They've taken the two hottest storylines in the two hottest groups and they're they're putting them together for something, and presumably they'll also split in feud and theoretically, like if you did judgment Dave versus bloodline at Survivor Series, that's a that's a pretty big match, So we'll see what they end up doing.
Speaker 2: Here we had rampage and collision. Of course, the Grand Slam Eliminator Tournament is probably the main thing going on in aw over the past few weeks, setting up the title challenge for MJF next week on Dynamite. Here, we had Penta take it on Jay Lethal exactly as you'd expect. Both guys were awesome and wrestled well Lethal's group tried to get involved. Referee Stefan Smith ejected everyone. Lethal tried to use a guitar. I don't know what he thought he was gonna do. He was gonna hit Peta in the head in front of the ref with the guitar, but Alex Aprahantis tussled with him over this guitar. Peta snapped his arm, hit the Fear Factor package pile driver and got the win. Sammy Guvar and Chris Jericho argued and then agreed to face each other at aw Grand Slam. Anna Jay the Bunny Tya Valkyrie took on Haikaroshida Sky Blue and Britt Baker and Uh. Britt got pushed at the Shida as the Bunny tried to then capitalize, Britt reversed her put her in the Lockjaw got the submission, and then Britt and Schiedah argued a little bit. Nothing major after the match, but clearly, yeah.
Speaker 1: This is the third communication done something with Britt Nkarushetas, so clearly they're gonna be doing a match. I think it's gonna be a Number one contenders match, would be my guess.
Speaker 2: I believe they're in a four way title eliminator for shot at Grand Slam.
Speaker 1: Oh, the old title eliminator.
Speaker 2: Daddy Magic and Angela Parker took on the Bucks, the Bucks one with the BT trigger. What do you expect?
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny with this, this title elimited, this four way title eliminator. It's like they do so many title eliminators and tournaments, open challenges, and it's like I was there at Grand Slam and literally they had a a perfect finish to set up a number one contenders match, which is a Karashida was a champion. Britt Baker had a Carsheta in her finish, but then Sirea got a pin on somebody else to win the title, so the champion wasn't involved in the finish. Britt was almost beating the champion during the finish.
Speaker 3: Like, hello, you got a number one contenders match right there. We don't need a Rando title eliminator when you actually book something that you could use to make a number one contender. But whatever, we move on to collision title eliminators right now.
Speaker 2: Well, well, the title matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these were open challenges.
Speaker 2: We had a title match. John Moxley took on Action on Dretti for the International title. This is a clash of styles in some ways. Max left off the top early came up limping sold throughout much of the match. This allowed Andretti to get some high flying and flipping offense in there. Falcon Arrow from Maretti got a big two count that was probably his biggest offensive close near fall, and then Moxley won with the arm trapped rear naked choke nice technique. Roger Strong's backstage still upset with Adam Cole. He wants to win this tournament and beat MJF and then get his friend Adam back. Chris Statlander beat Robin Renegade. The biggest story here was afterwards the Renegade Twins. Renegade's sisters beat up Chris Statlander and who came back to make the save. But Jade Cargill Old Jade Is came out flexing, choke slamming people and then she hit Jaded on Statlander, so it looks like she may be going back after that TBS title. Eddie Kingston and Claudio Castignoli argued backstage, then agreed to fight each other at Grand Slam for the ROH and New Japan Strong titles. Eddie talked about how much that title meant to him, and I can assure you that it means about ten times as much to me as it does him. Good luck to both guys. Buller Club Gold pretty much squashed Gravity Aerostar and Dias del A Fermundo, who I believe was Drago.
Speaker 1: But I yes it was drug.
Speaker 2: Juice hit his sprawling DDT. He got the win. Ray Fennix beat and Helico. These two lutradors, very familiar with each other, put on a good match. Fenix with the rolling, leaping cutter and the Fenix driver get the win. Roderick Strong took on Darby Allen awesome semi awesome match. Darby got beat up by Lucasaurus as he was riding his skateboard to the ring. Backstage, he got beat up by Roderick Strong. Strong got the win, and in the main event, Samoa Joe and Pentagon put on another awesome match in which Samoa Joe won and moves on to the finals.
Speaker 1: Job Stilling job back. In a moment Observer Live, Well Tom, we should mention that old Daniel Brian says that this will be the last year before he winds down his career what do you.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 1: Not happening.
Speaker 2: I don't believe him.
Speaker 1: I believe he's gonna wind down.
Speaker 2: Wind down, sure, but I don't believe you know.
Speaker 1: I think one of these days I'll be seventy and he'll be sixty. We might finally do that match together. I think that's the most likely scenario.
Speaker 2: Maybe Adam Cole and I'll get our match on the undercard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you guys gonna wrestle? You know they're coming to Seattle for a New Japan show.
Speaker 2: I just told you on the undercard of you and Brian Danielson.
Speaker 1: I'm not wrestling Brian Danielson in Seattle. I got to retire from this job first. Which are the rate you and Samprago and could be at any time?
Speaker 2: Did you want to bury I We're gonna bury us. There was that a compliment.
Speaker 1: I think you. I think you guys do a good job on Fridays. I don't think I'm needed. A lot of things I could do on Fridays, you.
Speaker 2: Know, really a lot of things I could do on Fridays too, Like what including wrestling, which I'm usually doing there is Friday.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually this Friday upcoming, I'll be wrestling in Cleveland, Ohio, AIW Wrestling the Jay Lit Invitational Friday and Saturday Sunday Deadlock Pro in North Carolina. I'm taking on Anthony Henry Packed weekend for.
Speaker 1: Me at philby Tom Lawler on the X, everybody at Brian Alvarez as well. We're gonna wrap it up for today. Grab your cameos while you can. Always doing cameos for my lovely follow up F four W online on Cameo. Anyway, we're out of here. Thanks Tom. Back tonight with Wrestling Observer. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.