Speaker 1: Second date of day. What do you think is a good time of day for a first date to start first date? I don't know. Six seven pm? Oh your pm start early am. It's dark so you don't have to worry about how you look that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeffery really gets it in. Some people do a morning workout.
Speaker 3: He does a morning day.
Speaker 1: It's nice and peaceful, no one's around to distract you, swoop in, possibly steal your date away. Everyone, but I get it. Some people like him. Later on in the day this group, but one of our listeners, Vincent says his date started too late and that could have been a problem for him. Vincent, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Don't get Jeffrey started It started at six am? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Vincent?
Speaker 1: Tell us about when years started? How did that all happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, honestly, just me by surprise. I met this girl, Jackie on a dating app, and I kind of liked how in her profile, like she had a lot of pictures of her with modern art, like she'd gone to like the MoMA in New York City, or like the All Museum and stuff, And I minored in art history. So I kind of like that, I guess a little bit, and.
Speaker 3: It's an easy thing to talk about exactly.
Speaker 2: So is that what your opening line with her was was about like Jackson Pollock or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that. I actually don't even remember. But I offered to meet her after work and then just got to like a bar from there or something, and she was pretty chill about that. Okay, that's cool, which was I thought, Kenna, nice to be like, Okay, meeting you at your work already, that kind of was exciting to me.
Speaker 1: See, that's why my idea works so well, because you start the date and then go to work.
Speaker 2: Well, and we're going back to the early morning. I think that this is more happy hour time.
Speaker 1: The day because of the morning commute.
Speaker 3: And I don't know was she working an overnight shift?
Speaker 1: What time was it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I got there like six. Then I just kind of like sat outside of her work for a second because she kept on texting me like, oh, I have like this project deadline and it's going long and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: How long were you waiting out there?
Speaker 4: I actually didn't see her until about nine pm.
Speaker 2: What did you do you take yourself to dinner.
Speaker 4: I should have, right, I was starving. No, I mean I I just kept on waiting, and I was like watching TikTok I guess our.
Speaker 1: TikTok at Brooke and Jeffery.
Speaker 2: I love when Jeff every time there's a moment his eyebrows raised like I can plug it.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you following it like, so what did you two do? Speaking of YouTube, we're also I.
Speaker 3: Mean, why didn't she just reschedule like that? Crazy? Why didn't Why didn't you?
Speaker 4: It was just one of those things where it kept on getting put so like every ten to fifteen minutes, she was like, Okay, I think we're wrapping up, and then she would apologize and then she was still. I felt like she felt really bad.
Speaker 5: About it all.
Speaker 4: So I kept on there like, no, no, don't worry. You know, you work, it's busy. I understand, like sometimes I have late nights as well.
Speaker 1: But she would have felt like she had blown it if you had canceled on the date at the last second. Bit, well, we don't know that.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure she I mean, like, when you finally meet her, is she totally fried? Like she's now been working like a twelve hour day over time.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what happened. When she finally like came downstairs. She just kind of looked totally exhausted, but she still wanted to go out, and I said, you want to just call it? She was like, no, no, no, you waited all this time, like let's go at least for a drink or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it shows you that she's considerate, bro, I mean, she knows, she's like, she's self aware.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We talked to have no.
Speaker 3: Idea what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: She I mean, I have this tendency too, where you think you have all this time. She sounds like a terrible time management. She should have even planned a date for that night.
Speaker 1: So I mean you end up actually going out with her or was that it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, we did.
Speaker 4: We you know, we got to the bar and we had a good time, and we like we played this random game. We just came up with it at the time. We were called arts are not art, where we just like pointed at random things in the bar or random.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about the fun parts of the day though.
Speaker 3: It is fun art or not art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny, Okay, that's just a table else to talk about. All right, what was the most fun piece of art in the bar?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I kind of like noticed this one kind of schlubby looking guy who was in the corner and he was kind of like doubled over his drink a little bit, and I pointed at that. I was like, do you think that's art? But like the way that the light was kind of projected from above him, I thought was very artistic, and she did as well, Look it's overweight statue of David.
Speaker 1: If you guys bonded over it, then all the power to you. So how did the matter?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I mean after we played that, her energy still was super low. Even after the market she was.
Speaker 1: Over guy under the fluorescent lights didn't get her all up.
Speaker 3: I think she wanted to play nap or no nap. It's just such a bad night to catch her on.
Speaker 1: Man, how'd you leave it?
Speaker 4: It kind of just ended super abruptly, like I suggested changing venues or I had a couple of friends who were going out to a different barn, and then she just kept on kind of turning everything down and yawning, and so it was just like a weird ending. She just kind of like hugged me.
Speaker 1: And cuddled up underneath. The drunk guy was like, just leave me here. Yeah, me and him can kind Yeah. So how long has it been since you last talked to her.
Speaker 4: It's been essentially like four or five days.
Speaker 1: Okay, she may have just been she's just in a big recovery nap.
Speaker 2: If she had a huge project for work, she may have still been swamped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she just hasn't had time.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna call her in just a few minutes here, and we're going to tell her work isn't that important you need to.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's a good that life Lesson'll tell you.
Speaker 1: To blow off her work plans and go out with you one more time when we get your second date up right after that. Hold on, Okay, it's the first date that was worth the wait.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean not really.
Speaker 1: At that's what we're hoping for in the end. Because one of our listeners, Vincent, says he sat in his car outside of Jackie's work for three hours.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I just assumed he was like a coffee shop or something. He sat in his car this entire time.
Speaker 1: I thought that's what he said. Oh, I didn't realize that either actually, let me ask him, bro you were in your car, Vince, were you in your car all time?
Speaker 2: No, you made it sound so much more pathetic, Jeffrey, you know what.
Speaker 1: Let's start it again. And one of our listeners, Vincent was sat in the vicinity of her work, yes okay, for three hours for her to finish, so that they could hit the.
Speaker 3: Bars together, just watching TikTok videos.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of commitment from a guy that most women would dream of. Your husband wouldn't wait three hours for you to do anything?
Speaker 3: Oh that kind of But see that's I wouldn't blame him. I would wait for three hours for him too. Available.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good boy. Committed is the type of guy that Vincent is. So we're all eager to help him. But Vince, first we got to do a couple of prank calls. If you could just hold on for.
Speaker 4: That's very funny.
Speaker 5: I'm not waiting there.
Speaker 1: Learning from his lesson. That's all. You can ask for less.
Speaker 4: Really quick, and then I can wait a little bit.
Speaker 1: O Brock to the starting. You're too nice.
Speaker 3: I have so much free what.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you openness for us. Vincent. We're going to do our best year. We're gonna call Jackie. You ready, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Super ready?
Speaker 1: Things. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Jackie. Yep, that's hey Jackie. You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, Jackie.
Speaker 1: What's up? Surprise? Yeah, that's surprise. Good question. We do a segment on this show called a second Date Update. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that, but we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone recently and are having trouble setting up a second date. And so you went out with a guy named Vincent who wants to see you again?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do.
Speaker 1: You think about Vincent?
Speaker 5: I mean, he's a very nice guy here.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's just like that description always, like if you were to describe a girl as like.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's a very nice woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the same thing.
Speaker 1: No one wants to be nice. You're not one hundred percent in on Vincent yet.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't know if I like anybody.
Speaker 3: So it's not Vincent. It's just people.
Speaker 1: Sure, humans, Okay, I think a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people can relate to that sentiment.
Speaker 1: Before we walk down the lonely path, with you can we go back to the date night because Vincent says you made him wait for three hours outside of your work. Yeah, he wasn't complaining about that, but he just said that he was willing to wait for that long in order to see him, and that's a long time for a guy to wait.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Well so I kind of lied. I wasn't actually at work. Really, what.
Speaker 2: He said that you were texting the entire time and you're like you had some deadline and and it kept going later.
Speaker 5: I know I was. I was at home in my pajamas with my cats, reading a book that's so dam I was just like kind of hoping he'd just give up after a while.
Speaker 1: And you know, oh, oh man, why why did you want him to give Like he made this whole plan with you.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing. I really like the idea of dating and having a boyfriend and going out and having a great time. But like, in my heart of hearts, I am just a homebody and like it gives me a little bit of stress to go out. And I was like, maybe he'll just stop texting and be like, oh okay, it sounds you're working too late. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just like it's way more stressful to lie to someone for three hours and feel.
Speaker 3: Terrible about it. I assume it felt bad, right like I did.
Speaker 5: And that's why I like, I reput on my work clothes. I drove to my office because he's like waiting around like a bar break by my office. So I was like, Okay, he's gonna see me, not come out of my office, So like I snuck into.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, she was tired on the dates. She was literally in bed right before it started.
Speaker 3: Did you have I mean, did you have any fun on the date?
Speaker 5: I mean like, yeah, he's very nice, and I mean he waited, I guess, and fun and he like did this thing because I liked art and stuff. He did this thing where.
Speaker 1: We were we got the full art breakdown. Yeah, the arts.
Speaker 3: Overall.
Speaker 1: What it comes down to, it sounds like you wish that you could have a boyfriend, but when it comes down to actually doing it and actually going through with the dates, you would rather not be doing any of that.
Speaker 5: My dream date is like sit on the couch and watch the movie.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to adjust your dream date to being surprised on the radio by a mystery man. On the other line, who wants to talk to you?
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, it's Vincent. Yeah, and I spell it out. Yeah, he's there.
Speaker 4: Think I've been here. I'm just trying to process.
Speaker 1: Uh man, what's going through your head? Vincent?
Speaker 3: Are you mad?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not mad. I'm just more just confused of like, why didn't you just say I'm just not feeling it? That just seems so much easier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, because I was like, I've said it to people in the past and they've just kind of been a kind of so I just was avoiding all of that awkwardness, and I was like, it'll be so much easier for you to make the decision not to hang out.
Speaker 1: Then you'll feel less guilty and canceled and seating. Both people want to bailance, Vincent, you want to apologize for not bailing sooner on the date.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe maybe I should have failed. I guess maybe I should have had that sort of like self respect earlier on.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go don't go too hard on yourself.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm almost off. I'm almost off.
Speaker 5: Give me. And I didn't realize, you know, how how much someone would want to go out on a date with me, I go.
Speaker 1: You're worthy of a date.
Speaker 5: It was, which is why I mean I put my pants on, and when.
Speaker 2: A lot of women are willing to do that, Guys, visit you've got a girl to put her pants on instead of take.
Speaker 3: Him off, you know.
Speaker 4: But now it's now it just kind of feels like indicative of a larger problems. Like let's say we do enter in a relationship, you know, or let's say something actually does get tougher in our relationship. Are you just gonna shut down like that in a larger capacity.
Speaker 1: Like, don't think about that stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought you were just saying to think about, Like if there's a cool party and she doesn't.
Speaker 5: Want to go with me, I don't know. Like if I'm comfortable with the person, it's it's much easier to turn off the loud noise in the in the outside. But I you know, I don't know people on first dates.
Speaker 1: It's just like the first, second, third dates are a little.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, dating it's hard, right now, you can you can kind of understand that, right, Vincent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dating is really hard. I know that because I waited three hours.
Speaker 1: For good job.
Speaker 2: Well, they both went through pain that night and maybe it brought you guys closer together.
Speaker 1: It's possible and vincent if if you heard Jackie, she likes to do stuff at home. Don't you maybe want to like snuggle up watch them Netflix? Dude, both put on your pj's. Some of the best dates I've ever had were all delivery, all on a couch, just talking.
Speaker 3: You can go pants on, Yeah, you could put you pay for no.
Speaker 1: I do like that.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not a total extrovert by any means.
Speaker 1: I think we're Yeah, we have some good momentum here, and that's why I want to offer to send you guys on another date on us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll give you an Uber eats tab so you can deliver food.
Speaker 5: Give yeah, maybe like a daytime date, just so like it's not after a long day of work and I'm.
Speaker 1: Tired and hold yourself accountable. Yeah, yeah, I see what she's doing. He's going to show up to her apartment and she'll already be back at work daytime. Then she'll have to sneak into her apartment through the back way through the fire escape.
Speaker 3: It does feel a little strange. I mean, only say yes if you really want to go. Jackie please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I mean I got to get out of my comfort zone. And now that you already know my entire story, I don't have to explain it to you anymore.
Speaker 1: Vincent, she was open and honest. She's a little bit socially anxious when it comes to first dates. But now that you've got the first one out of the way, the second one should be super easy.
Speaker 4: What do you think, I think as long as it's like an uber eats thing or whatever, you give it to her and put it in her court.
Speaker 3: Oh, you want her to make the effort. She's going to order without you.
Speaker 1: Playing yourself. Classical Lexus movies, Who What Where did You wait?
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning