Speaker 1: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today is part one of a very special series all about the Olympic Games. The Lingo Kids' friends have traveled to France. They are visiting Cowie's grand mere that's French for grandmother, in a small town near Paris called Osser. Everyone is very excited because one of the biggest sporting events in the world is about to take place in Paris, the twenty twenty four Olympic Games. Let's join Lisa, Billy, Elliott, and Cowie at a special festival in oss Are. Come on, or, as they say in France, Alonzi Gridmire, Grid there on your monda Elly come come as if you have but to be here any minute? Is everyone here?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So let me check.
Speaker 2: Lisa present Elliott, here, Billy, Jean Pierre. Wait, where is John Pierre?
Speaker 1: Jean Pierre? Who's Jumpierre?
Speaker 2: My big cousin. Jean Pierre lives here and he loves the Olympics just like me.
Speaker 1: He's probably hanging off a rock. That boy is always climbing something.
Speaker 2: Jean Pierre is a rock armer.
Speaker 1: Billy says, rock climbing is in the Olympics this year.
Speaker 3: Well, he medigated sooner he'll miss it. Yeah, wait miss what?
Speaker 4: You look the torch and going through us there on the way to Paris.
Speaker 1: Oh, Billy says. The torch will visit four hundred spots all over France on the way to the Olympic Games. Four of the spots.
Speaker 4: But why, what actually is the Olympic torch, Elliott?
Speaker 1: The Olympic torch is what starts the whole Olympic Games. It's a fire.
Speaker 3: Ooh yep, and it's on a fancy metal stick.
Speaker 1: That's right, Lisa. The Olympic torch is used to light the cauldron at the opening ceremony.
Speaker 4: Oo.
Speaker 1: But I don't get it.
Speaker 4: What does a fancy fire stick have to do with the Olympics. I thought the Olympics was about gymnastics. Ooh yeah, and basketball and volleyball and swimming and so so many sports.
Speaker 1: You are right, The Olympic Games are definitely about sports, so about teamwork and about different people coming together from all around the world to share their love of sports. The Olympic Torch relay is about working together as a team, Billy says, that more than ten thousand people take turns to carry the Olympic torch all over France on its way to Paris. That's why it is called a relay. They pass the torch to each other.
Speaker 3: You mean me share it.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to think about it, Cali. They share the honor of carrying the torch through France on its way to the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Wow, I wish I could carry the Olympic torch.
Speaker 1: I would awd it high over my.
Speaker 5: Head like this.
Speaker 1: Maybe you will someday, Lisa. The torch bearers are chosen for being great athletes, or for being people that help their communities, or both.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope this Olympic torch comes soon.
Speaker 1: My Tommy is rumbling here, motilie. I have a baghetti you can share with your friends while we wait. Thank you.
Speaker 4: But I don't need a bag I just need a snack, Elliott. A bag get is a kind of frinch bread.
Speaker 2: I think you like it.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, Grand Mayor. That bagat is so long and thin, I got dodge.
Speaker 5: It's giving me an Olympic idea. What maybe we should do our own relay to share the bag out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, everybody spread out, Get ready for the newest Olympic sport, the bag. Get relay.
Speaker 1: On your mark, get set first, A big bite for me. That is delicious. Eddie, come on over here, right over with that.
Speaker 4: Bagget coming, Lisa, here you go.
Speaker 1: Got it? It is good.
Speaker 5: I got you.
Speaker 4: Billy there you golling newly?
Speaker 1: Why are we here?
Speaker 4: Drop the bags? Got it?
Speaker 3: We did it?
Speaker 1: Go team grid. There is the torch, sh aldos here. It's taking so long, I'm not sure sh Billy says, the torch takes sixty eight days to get to the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I think I'm gonna need more than.
Speaker 1: A back at No. No, it should be here already.
Speaker 3: Look, I see someone running down the road fast.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see him too. It must be the torch bearer. Let me see. Oh he's almost here.
Speaker 4: What for the haird of Look for the fancy firestick?
Speaker 5: They don't see it?
Speaker 3: They neither.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the torch, it's missing. But where is it? The torch bearer says, it disappeared? Why he sipt? What is this terrible? Oh no, why an do it?
Speaker 2: Maybe he lost it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I forget where I put my stuffy, but.
Speaker 1: Then I find it. Billy says, maybe someone took it by accident, maybe they thought it was a big flashlight.
Speaker 5: Or maybe maybe someone stole it. That has to be it. The dorch was stolen.
Speaker 1: Billy says. We need the torch to start the Olympic Games. Then we have to find it. We have to see the Olympics. What's how? Billy says, we should use teamwork, just like the Olympic athletes do.
Speaker 3: It's right.
Speaker 4: If we work together, we can figure it out.
Speaker 3: I just know it. Okay, team, we better get started if we want to solve this mystery.
Speaker 4: Mystery, what mystery?
Speaker 3: The mystery of the miss.
Speaker 5: Oh what love mysteries, They're so.
Speaker 2: Mysterious.
Speaker 1: Billy says, we should start by looking for clues. Great idea, let's go look for clues. See today, the Lingo Kids' friends learned that the Olympic Torch has been traveling all around France on its way to Paris to start the Olympic Games. But just when they were about to see it for themselves, they found out that torch had been stolen. Join us next time as the Lingo Kids' Friends search for clues to find the missing torch and save the Paris twenty twenty four Olympic Games. Lingo Kids Listeners, Some of you liked our miniseries so much that you asked for another mini series, and guess what we listened. Join us this summer for a very special mini series, The Mystery of the Missing Torch. We are going to search for clues, travel to a beautiful country ooh la la, meet real athletes and more. Now it's your turn to guess what the new miniseries will be about. Here is one clue for you. Prepare to sweat it out.