Speaker 1: Welcome to the Raves Presspass Podcast. Today is Thursday, November fourteenth, and today we heard from the team's coordinator. So it's kicking off with Special Teams coordinator Chris Horton.
Speaker 2: Good to see everyone, Hope everyone's doing well. You know, just just looking forward to this week. You know, our guys locked in, getting ready to go, taking it one day at a time. We've had two really good days of practice. Really just trying to get our minds where I get our bodies right mentally so we can go out there and execute on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Questions kick today the.
Speaker 4: League twenty one. Do you have to look clostrat your tags you week like this or how much attention to put out there?
Speaker 2: I think you put the same amount of attention you put on weekly. Just as far as from a fundamental standpoint, these guys, you know, they do a great job of just selling out on the play. They're going to try to find the weakness of the opponent. For us, it's taking a good look at ourselves, diving deep and kind of how they try to attack us, attack us in the past, and that we.
Speaker 3: End up working from there.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, those things happen a lot of the times because there's some there's some breakdown and protection. So for us, it's, uh, man, let's go out there, let's execute fundamentally, and uh let's be let's be on point because we do understand that we're gonna face a good rush team.
Speaker 5: Mitchell change the cougous at all kick returns, getting his speed and the ability to break a big.
Speaker 2: One, you know, obviously for us man just just having him and Justice back there, Uh, it's actually it's actually a lot of a lot of value and kind of what we want to do and the things we want to get done. So just having Keaton back there last week, just on just on that plage, just thinking back to last week, there was some opportunity there. And I think the more the more teams continue to give those two players opportunities to return the ball, we'll we'll find ourselves on the on the other, on the good end, on the good side of those returns from here on.
Speaker 6: Out another justin Tucker, miss I don't know, I can.
Speaker 7: We talk about the specifically what happened.
Speaker 8: On my play And when you have these misses, do you see trends or do you.
Speaker 7: Take every single kick.
Speaker 9: As its own separate things.
Speaker 2: Every kicks is on separate it's on separate kick, you know when he goes out there, because every every every football contact, every every uh snap the hole. You try to make those things as consistent as you possibly can. But I think if you, even if you ask justin, every kick is different and his job. He's gonna go out there, he's trying to make every kick. But specifically, just speaking on last week, I think if you ask him, he just tell you he didn't. He didn't make good foot the ball with that one. And when those things happen, you get those misses. But again, man, he's in a he's in a good place. He's in a good place. He's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 10: Obviously they've got an aggressive special teams unit in all faces and Jeff mentioned the blocks we saw them last week. Try the fake punt. I mean, do you is this the type of game where you feel like you have to you guys have to be prepared kind of for anything on.
Speaker 3: The special team.
Speaker 2: It's honestly, guys, it's it's no different than every week for us. We try to find we try to look at tendencies that we take a good look at ourselves and see, Okay, what are we doing a lot of and then we try to change those things up. It's Pittsburgh Week. Anything's expected, right, those guys will go out there. We see this a lot in this trend when when we've played these guys they do things that they don't normally do against other opponents. So we'll be prepared for every and anything. It's just it's our job to go out there and execute. In that moment, people are.
Speaker 11: Looking to the accuracy of Tucker for Sam Cook, with Sam Cook and then after with Jordon status as older. Is there any merit that you've seen and that being a contributing factor to getting accuracy issues?
Speaker 2: I don't personally. Personally, I don't think. I mean people. I mean, I know Randy is here every day, Sam's here every day. I mean, those are the guys that I'm leaning on to to kind of be the judge of what's happening between with justin so any any outside information and things like that, I mean, it has no merit here because we got the we got the best holder in the business uh here, and we got the best specialist coach special teams coach here in the building, helping Justine so that stuff doesn't matter.
Speaker 10: In along the same lines for your.
Speaker 12: For your previous answer, you've been a part of this rivalry for a department decade.
Speaker 1: Now, what is it about it that makes it so unique?
Speaker 2: You know, just just just being here for for ten seasons now. Honestly, when you walk in there in Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Ravens, it's the It's it's football. It's it's like when, uh, when you walk into a in the arena and it's like gladiators. You know, it's too two teams that are physically gonna try to get after each other play after play after play, and they won't stop until the other man is down. To me, that's football, and that's what football has always been. And I think that's what makes it special. On top of you know that at some point in the game, uh, one of the phases is gonna is gonna make the play to either game momentum, flip him on him, stop momentum, or to win the game. And I think that's what makes this rivalry special. From from our standpoint, I mean, we've been on some on some on some good ends of making a lot of good plays and that's what we're looking for to on Sunday.
Speaker 9: He's considered one of the more difficult places to kick Pittsburgh Stadium.
Speaker 6: Have you have you found that over time?
Speaker 9: And how do you prepare for that?
Speaker 2: I think over time we've we've found that, but we've also seen our kicker go out there and have great have great days and great nights in that stadium. So that's what we're looking forward to. Everything that, everything we're thinking about, it's.
Speaker 13: On the up and up.
Speaker 7: It's on the positive.
Speaker 13: Vent Uh, It's a new year.
Speaker 2: Everything is different, right, what happened last year, in the previous years, none of that stuff matters. The only thing that matters is Sunday at one o'clock.
Speaker 11: Risk, Can you take any credit from Kylon Wallace's touchdown and receiving because you've coached him for special teams stuff along those sidelines for years?
Speaker 2: Not at all, Man, you know, I'm just I'm just excited for Thailand. Anytime that kid gets an opportunity, that guy just I mean, he goes he just goes crazy. So I just want to continue to see him, just continue to keep developing, keep getting better, and that's all that's all he does. He's such a hard worker and he's just waiting for that moment, for that opportunity. He's making the most of them.
Speaker 1: Next up is defensive coordinator Zach Worth.
Speaker 9: You're on a pretty.
Speaker 11: Short list of guys that have played as part of this rivalry.
Speaker 13: And now coach to as part of it.
Speaker 6: When you're preparing players, maybe even just new players who haven't been aware of this, How do you describe this rivalry in a way that maybe people from the outside don't really understand.
Speaker 3: I think it's just really just a tradition.
Speaker 14: I mean, you got two great organizations, I think, to organizations that pride themselves on, you know, winning football, playing really physical and really no matter what the circumstances, going out there playing the.
Speaker 3: Best of football possible.
Speaker 14: So you just tell them that you're going again to another team that kind of thinks the way we think, you know, from a standpoint of, you know, we want to come in no matter who we got on our squad, we're gonna come in compete at the highest level, and it's gonna be a physical football games yours.
Speaker 8: They would guys on either side would talk about I mean, they would use the word hate when talking about each other like Suggs would say that, you know, they wanted to kill hides of work. Do you feel like that's not really there the way that it maybe was in past generations.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 14: I just think you probably just can't say it out loud like you probably could back then, you know, you know, definitely, So I think that those.
Speaker 3: Still the rivalry is still is still there, you.
Speaker 14: Know obviously, you know, back then, I feel like they played a lot, they played a lot more.
Speaker 3: When the stakes were higher.
Speaker 14: But I think this year, I mean, this, this game right here for Sunday is gonna be for first place in division. So I think it's been a while that this game is actually, you know, had the stakes this high in a long time. But I mean, we know how they feel about us, We know how we feel about they know how we feel about them.
Speaker 3: It's respect at the end of the day. But you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Exactly. John mentioned earlier this week, turning over it restone and trying to find a fix for the defensive issues in the middle of the field or a past defense. What's this week been like for you and trying to kind of I mean, you get a big win but obviously imagine there's a lot of a lot of fis.
Speaker 14: Oh it's I mean, shoot, we had the weekend we was up here, you know, coach especially you know, coach Harb's and the defensive coaches. We were in man, just trying to go back through from day one, just all our teach tapes, all our coverage slides, and just see what details that might have got might have got missed, or what details might need to tweak. You know, every year is different. So doing that and grinding, got in with the players, had a real good film session starting on Tuesday, and then really just looking at everything, man, looking at what we're calling, what we're running, look at what we're asking the guys to execute, and just trying to figure out the best way to go out there and put the best product on the field. So it's definitely been a work in progress, not just this past week, but like this week is really you know up because you know Tom is clicking, you know, the truth be told, it's on's only seven weeks left in the season and things are not where they need to be at, you know, for especially in the past past defense area. So we've been working hard, coaches and players to try to get the staying figured out.
Speaker 11: Kyle callback out there today.
Speaker 3: Just how optimistic are you guys for bilability on shoot?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 14: I'm optimistic. It was good to see him out here, you know. So I'm gonna continue to hold hope out. It'll be a big boost if he's out there for Sunday. Obviously we know what k Ham means to us, so I'm you know, I hope to see him out there Sunday, Zach.
Speaker 6: After the game the other day, Marlon Humphrey was candid and kind of self critical about everything.
Speaker 5: With the pass, the defense to do.
Speaker 7: How is how have you seen your approach with him this week? Has he specifically approached you or what's the relationship therap been especially this week.
Speaker 3: I mean the relationship is great. Me and Marlo got a great relationship.
Speaker 14: So we've had conversations right after the game, day after the game, leading up through all the you know, up to now and then I appreciated the conversations will.
Speaker 3: Continue to happen.
Speaker 14: But Carlow, I mean, he's been he's been himself. Man, He's always been a leader. You know, he's been here. He's the longest tenured draven on our defense, and he he knows what the standard is and obviously we're falling short standard multiple times this year. So you know, he's he's just like we talked about as coaches were leaving, you know, no stone unturned. He's doing that and the players are doing that as well. So you know, seeing great leadership out of Marlin. He's had a heck of a practice, heck of a practice week. He's going hard as leading away by more by example. But you know when he when he speaks up, you know, everybody's listening. So I'm proud of you know, how he's leading us and trying to get this thing turned around.
Speaker 16: That he talked particularly about feeling like there was a disconnect between what happens during the week and then maybe what happens on Sunday. How do you address that in particular, you know, maybe feeling like everything is exactly where you want it on Friday, then maybe it isn't two days later.
Speaker 13: How do you how do you go with that?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think the film session that we had is it was just real good. It was just you know, holding each other accountable and you know, having to open in open form conversation.
Speaker 3: You know, what is it?
Speaker 14: What is the problem that when we go out there on game day and it's just not all the time, but certain plays that we feel like we've covered or whatever the case may be, may not be getting, you know, done the way it needs to get done. And it's a combination of things and it's not just it's not just them.
Speaker 3: I asked him, what can I do better?
Speaker 14: Maybe I can you know, cut out some things or whatever to make us lock in.
Speaker 3: And focus better.
Speaker 14: So it's just an open form, open discussion, and that's what I think we continue to try to find and chase. So I'm excited we've done some stuff this week. I'm dexcited to see come to Fruition on Sunday.
Speaker 5: It seems like Nick Wiggins has played several good games in a row here, really kind of stacking. Where have you seen him make strides? And do you feel like he could be a guy that sees even more action?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean he's getting better and I think I just seen him more locked in on his technique and fundamentals. He's always had good technique and fundamentals, but you know, this National Football League, I think he recognized early on that you can't take you can't lax for one second. You can lax for one play, because as soon as you lax, that's what happens when you know, you get beat.
Speaker 3: So he's he's done a heck of a job coming.
Speaker 14: In working his butt off at practice and it's been translating to the.
Speaker 12: Game session with with Trent and he's played like not even front of the snaps and past three weeks. You know, where have you seen him grow the most this season on his first year as a starter.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man, just understanding offensive schemes where there's blocking or route concepts.
Speaker 3: He's done a good job.
Speaker 14: He's a hard worker, like I've always stated, and uh with him, just with a lot of these young guys, just experience.
Speaker 3: Man, he just needs experience.
Speaker 14: To get out there, get adjusted the game speed, and to uh to put himself in better positions. And that's what he's done. So he's continued to get better every week, week by week. And we'll please wear you at right now.
Speaker 1: That film session that you mentioned was that something Is that something you always do or was that kind of something to take stock of where you are.
Speaker 16: And at this point of the season.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, that's something that we always do, but it was it was. It was. It was real good.
Speaker 14: I'll say that, it was a real good conversations, you know.
Speaker 4: And I hate to say this because you want but when you left the stadium plate Thursday, right, how are you reading? Was rustration high with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was? I was.
Speaker 14: I mean, I was. I was crushed. Honestly, I felt the same way that our players felt. I felt the same way Marlin felt. And you know, people trying to you know, people tell us, you know, got family, friends, people around the building on staffs, and you got to enjoy the win, which I'm grateful for the win. We honestly, as a defense, we did we did enough to win that game. Even though it was by the skin of the teeth, we did enough to win the game. So enjoyed it for two seconds. But man, we we got in this building. Man, the standards, so it is high. And that's what that's what we like. I know, I like that. I'm a competitive person for this defense. We have high expectations for ourselves and we're real competitive and when we don't go out there and perform the way that we feel like we.
Speaker 3: Should go perform, it hurts.
Speaker 14: And you know, I was, you know, I was, I was hurt man, honestly, So it took me a couple of days to to to you know, get over that move forward. But yeah, man, I mean I'm always great for to win. That's the number one thing.
Speaker 3: We win.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna be good, but I always gotta look at how we perform on defense, and if it's not up to the standard, you know, I'm not gonna be happy too long after I celebrate the win.
Speaker 11: A new feeling for you as when you were a player, did you have games that you know, you or your unit or your defense played poorly but gotta win And how did you handle it then versus how do you manage that now as.
Speaker 3: A COVID Uh?
Speaker 14: Now, me, me personally always been like always like real self critical of myself. And so even as a player, if we won the game, I feel like I didn't play good.
Speaker 3: I felt bad, you know. So, Uh, as a coach you.
Speaker 14: Got to kind of just you know, I still I still share those same emotions. But as a coach, you know, you got to kind of, you know, figure out and get yourself together and really understand the big picture.
Speaker 3: Of what needs to happen.
Speaker 14: Because as a coach, you naturally are in the leadership position, and you know, players and other people around the building and see how you're gonna respond. So I think it's good to that they see your natural, raw emotions. But then you know, how are you gonna respond? And we always talked about how you're gonna respond, So I always look at it like, as a coach, how I'm gonna respond?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna sit there and pout and.
Speaker 14: Soak, or I'm gonna figure out and do something about it and try to continue to work and get better. So I think we continue to do the latter. I think that leads by example in a good way.
Speaker 5: Rating How soon were you back here in the office after after that Thursday night game?
Speaker 14: I was there next morning, next morning, next morning, didn't sleep much, didn't sleep much, but I was here the next morning.
Speaker 9: So fitting into.
Speaker 6: Your defense, I know we just got here last week, But how do you envision this role?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: He's done. He's done a good job.
Speaker 14: I mean, honestly, I've been surprised. How you know fast he's picked up the playbook and the language and the terminology. I mean, obviously he's been a he's been an all Pro player, he's been a savvy player, a smart player. We've known that about him for a long time, but I was really impressed with him. He came in, came in with Monday maybe and got it, got in with our dB coaches and grinded out the playbook and he's got He's come out here done a good.
Speaker 3: Day of practice.
Speaker 14: Like I think, every day of practice he's gotten better and better.
Speaker 3: So like today was real good. So shoot, well we'll see Sunday.
Speaker 14: I have I have full confidence in him if he has to go out there, and he go out there and play good ball for us.
Speaker 6: What did you see from George Pickens, especially with his partnership with with Russell Wilson? And I guess how dangerous of a downfield threat has it become?
Speaker 3: And it's kind of offense. Oh, it's real dangerous.
Speaker 14: I mean he's been a dangerous downfield threat since he's came in to the league.
Speaker 3: We known as rookie.
Speaker 14: I think he has the unique and crazy ability to judge the ball no matter where it's at, and then come down with it and get his feet in bounds and make these acrobatic catches. And then Russ has always been a threat with his deep ball throwing. So now you add those two guys together, we'll shoot. It's it's it's explosiveness, it's dynamite, and we know that the ball is gonna regardless of the coverage, regardless where you're at.
Speaker 3: You can be, you can be on them.
Speaker 14: The ball is gonna go up to him at some point in time, and we're gonna have to make those plays if we want to come out with a win on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Next, his offensive coordinator, Todd munkt.
Speaker 10: Todd, when you look at that defense, what are you seeing? Obviously one of one of the better units, but you guys, one of the better offensive right now.
Speaker 15: Sure, I mean they're they're really good across the board, good upfront, really active at linebacker.
Speaker 13: Obviously we know one of them, you know pretty well.
Speaker 15: You know, so they're active, you know, Mike us a very savvy, you know, instinctual player, Elliott. They get around the line, great blitz, are tough corners, are really good cover guys. So real challenge. Mean you can see that on film and it's a staple of who they've been, you know, physical play, great defense. So it's gonna be a real challenge for us.
Speaker 11: They traded for Preston Smith and it's Alex Heissmith has been ruled out for this game. Just you have to watch film for what he was doing for Bay. You just kind of see how he operates within their scheme. How do you kind of game plan for a guy that's been.
Speaker 15: Longer like that, Well paid him and herbig to play over there. You know, he was playing over there for he got hurt. So we anticipate those guys will probably be rolling now. We'll see how it goes. We did practice against Green Bay, so we do have some film against you know, Preston, so you know, and he's an outstanding football player, so we'll have to be ready for both of them there. They're different players in some ways, both physical, but you know, again they're built a little bit different top.
Speaker 9: What what is the challenge when you've got you know, did you mention bet Queen's over there now? And you know there are guys of guys that play there. What's the challenge for you from an offensive standpoint when when there's that extra glad, that little familiar area.
Speaker 13: I guess, oh, you know, it's hard to really it's different.
Speaker 15: I guess it's that way now in college, you know, with guys in the portal and stuff. Back when I was there, you didn't have as many guys that might be on another team. You've just kind of come to grips with that. You know, players are going to be, you know, another team. You know, what's the what's the other outside linebacker's name that was here, that's there they got claimed last year at the end. Yeah, Jeremiah Moon's there with him, you know, and then we got tight with us and why not, you know, so they're just it's just part of it, and they play us. You know, we play each other twice a year, so I just know, you know, Patrick's a really good football player, and you know, so that's the challenge within itself more than anything else. You know, he'll certainly know our personnel and he'll know a little bit about what we do. Obviously went against us all the time, but you know, ultimately we're a little bit different than we were last year as well.
Speaker 5: So I think everybody sees TJ. Watter over there and the matchup coming with Roger the layman says, they just give him extra give him an extra blocker every time. Can you explain why that It doesn't work like that?
Speaker 15: It doesn't always work like that because some things they do defensively, you know, takes your protection rules off of that help at times times, you know, most of the time, I don't care who you're playing t J. Watt, Miles, Garrett Crosby. You're gonna have extra protection for those guys. It doesn't matter that it's Roger, it's whoever that tackle is. Because those guys are game wreckers, and so why they get paid so much. I mean, that's why those guys get paid so much. You're paid by the relative you know, impact you have on a game. I mean, that's really what it is. So if you want to know who impacts the game the most, guys get paid the most. I mean those are the guys, and that happens to be one of them, and you know it shows what he doesn't play, you know, the impact that he has.
Speaker 13: So we got a real challenge, as we did last year. A couple of times.
Speaker 16: I don't know what you're seeing from Deontay Johnson in terms of getting acclimated into the offensive. It's it been a challenging time for him.
Speaker 11: I mean, comes in, gets straight in the middle of the week and then a short game week after that to kind of I guess, get his footing.
Speaker 13: This is what you're doing. It tastes doing great. You know, it's not easy for him.
Speaker 15: You know, you come in the middle of a season and you're trying to get him up to speed of what is relevant now, what we're doing now. But that doesn't cover everything. Oh yeah, he's got to know two minutes. You know how we work that when we got to be up on the ball and know both spots. Oh, we happen to check at the line. He's got to know all the signals. He's got to know everything else.
Speaker 13: That we do.
Speaker 15: Oh, he's got to know multiple spots, you know, to be able to go in the game to feel comfortable there.
Speaker 13: He's doing great. He's doing great. You know.
Speaker 15: We we're going to continue to try and find ways to get him on the field. But we haven't really lost anybody. You know, We're doing pretty good with the guys we got. And I understand he wants to play.
Speaker 13: I get it.
Speaker 15: You know, the initial coming to us being excited, Great, that's awesome.
Speaker 13: I'm not going to get to play, you know, I mean, you know, so, I get it.
Speaker 15: I'm not frustrated by would we want all of our players to want to get on the field, and he just happens to be one of our really good players that we're going to continue to try to find ways to get on the field.
Speaker 16: You have experienced around every level of football, believe in genuine rivalries at this level, and I mean, do you feel like it matters to the players?
Speaker 15: I think when it comes to divisional rivalries, and I think depending on how far they go back, are the.
Speaker 13: Meaning of them.
Speaker 15: Sometimes it's one sided rivalries where you get beat down so much. It's a rivalry to you, but you've got the hell beat out you for so long the other team doesn't see it that way. It's not as much fun. But if it means a division, if it means when you a conference championship, if it means you know, bragging rights in a lot of ways, or it goes back a little bit further than sure, then it does mean. I hope it does our players. I hope it does. It means trying to win the division. That's the first way to get in the tournament, first way to try to win a world championship. So and we all won. We didn't played very good last year on the road. That gave that away. You know they did. They did a hell of a job. But we play our best.
Speaker 6: Chrish's very good at stopping quarterback Scramble is also good at stopping quarterback design runs. Is it the same kind of skill set that applies.
Speaker 4: In both cases?
Speaker 13: Give that to me again. I was still stuck on that we gave that game away. Okay, soorry. They didn't didn't leave me yet, So I was like, call it. Can I just say that?
Speaker 5: All right? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Quarterback Scramble is very good at stopping quarterback design runs? Is it the same kind of skill set that that applies in both cases?
Speaker 13: There? Sure?
Speaker 15: I think it's uh, you know, being disciplined. I think that's the biggest thing. And when you play against a particular player a number of times, like we play each other, you know, you know we have a worker out for us.
Speaker 13: They do a great job.
Speaker 15: Defensively, They do a great job understanding, you know, how we try to attack people.
Speaker 13: So we just got to do it better. They do it.
Speaker 10: He met you, obviously he's been able to return. I know you guys have Derek Henrw's been great for you guys in a Russian attack. How do you see yourself kind of implement keating into that quoth.
Speaker 15: Similar to Tay in the fact that you know, trying to get him up to speed. You know, I think we're trying to get him even more involved in special teams, which is a good way to get him up to speed, to get him on the field, trying to find spots where you can you know, get him in the game. Where those are we'll see, you know. But like I said, we're we're a pretty good spot right now, so it's hard to really say whether it's him or Tay or whoever that might be, or Tylan Wallace who's probably deserving of playing. Trying to find those spots where we can get those guys on the field and let their you know, their talent shine. And they've all done a great job and I think they're all going to continue to get their opportunities.
Speaker 1: In locker room today, we also heard from a veteran defensive leader, Rokwan Smith.
Speaker 7: Against Patrick. But you're gonna be on the same fields with him, how do you think that's gonna be?
Speaker 17: No, Uh, I'm excited about the opportunity, happy for him, uh as a brother outside of this football stuff. Uh So, but I know, uh offense have a great plan, and uh yeah, I gotta uh take it to him. It's out down the field. Though, even though I don't get to go against him, it's uh, it's no brother stuff. It's but gotta do what you have to do. So I'm sure he feels the same way. But I'm excited about the matchup.
Speaker 13: Like this.
Speaker 10: Obviously, physicality is a big part of this robbery. I mean, I know you guys pride yourself from being one of the more physical defenses in the league. Are these the types of games, especially with these implications for division standards? Are these the type of games you guys really look forward to?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, absolutely, Ah. I love physicality.
Speaker 17: And I think when you ask each and every guy, uh in this room, and I think throughout the evaluation process, what the Ravens do they bring in physical guys? And yeah, I think the most physical team is gonna win this game. Make no mistake about it, guys, A no fair dodging. They run the ball, they coming right at you. I have a lot of respect for the running backs and the way they run the ball, but hey, it is what it is. So one man gotta go down, and hey, I'm not gonna be on that side.
Speaker 1: And Zach talked about it. You guys having another film session this week. You can pretty real conversations in that film session. You know, what was that?
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: They just going through the process of looking at where you guys can improve them or what you guys need to do.
Speaker 7: As a get Yeah.
Speaker 17: No, I think it's crucial and I think it it just goes back to what I've said before about each and every guy looking themselves in the mirror, uh, including myself and each each and every person that goes out there, and just knowing to do your job to the best of your ability, because like you see on the film, oftentimes it's mistakes that we make or somebody else make a mistake then another person, uh trying to make up for that and different things like that. So just all playing together and on one page as opposed to ten people doing the right thing, then one or two people are nine people, then it just makes everyone look bad in a sense. So that's what it is, and it's about more so each and every guy just holding themselves accountable and holding themselves to the highest standard and knowing we've proven it playing and play out.
Speaker 7: But it's just a couple of plays in each and every game. So it's just about keep raising the standard and just being yourself.
Speaker 16: Really, when you you won your appeal earlier this week, Uh, what.
Speaker 7: Does that mean to you? Uh?
Speaker 17: First and foremost, uh, you know, wishing a speedy recovery for uh god when uh never my intention to hurt anyone, Like I've said before, Uh, but it was a clean tackle. It was just on Monday night football. The entire world is watching, and hey, it may look like something, but it wasn't. And that was clear that it wasn't. And but speedy recovery to him and I move on with my days.
Speaker 9: Yeah, challenge and or advantage of you know, you guys have a couple of guys in this locker room who've been on the other side. They've got a couple of guys, obviously Patrick being the the most notable. What what is the challenge or advantage that when guys have played for each other in this rivalry?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Uh, I think it plays a I think it plays a small part. But just no, m make no mistake about it. They know what we're gonna do, we know what they're gonna do. It's about being the best man and beating a man across from you. From a defensive perspective, we know their physical so are we, and it's about playing and play out, doing your job and smashing the guy across from you.
Speaker 7: And if we do that, we would like the odds rope.
Speaker 4: One that's or said he enjoyed to win Thursday for maybe two minutes to describe himself as broad with how the defensive played.
Speaker 7: How did you process.
Speaker 4: That game knowing you gonna make the visual win. But obviously you guys probably didn't like who you put out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, I think each and every game throughout this league. Uh, you know you you enjoy winning because how hard it is to winning this league.
Speaker 7: You definitely got enjoyed. But like when you have.
Speaker 17: A standard, the standard is the standard, and like I said earlier, each and every guy has to play to their their standard. And if you don't do that, yeah, it can make everybody look bad in the entire defense. And it's not a bunch of bad players. It's like certain plays here and there, and when you do that, things don't go our way.
Speaker 7: But it's not the end of the day.
Speaker 17: But each and every guy knowing never mistakes throughout the game and focusing in on that and just eliminating that for the next game and for so on throughout the season, and if we know, we focus in on the plays that we didn't do right and just like the plays we did earlier in the game, and just can't allow a team to do some of the things that was done this past week. It definitely was embarrassing in a sense, but we moved on from that and focused on Pittsburgh now and just gotta get better.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast, make sure you subscribe. Also head over to the Lounge podcast feed and subscribe there as well. Thanks so much for listening. We'll talk with you again tomorrow.