Speaker 1: Brake was breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines, So the heat Check. The Heat Check was just a crank, the best podcast covering all the drama around the association.
Speaker 2: Moving on, it's been a couple of months since we've thought about Draymond gram and he's grabbed the headlines.
Speaker 3: So you knew that it was time.
Speaker 2: It was time for Draymont popping his head out of the woodwork.
Speaker 3: And here it is.
Speaker 2: It is now Ome Young Music's time to produce a Ramona showburn like deep dive, and there's lots of tea spilling. Last season, as we know, could not have started worse for Dramon Punches, Jordan Poole gets the whole TNT sort of comeback story, and then the entire seasons off the rails. Golden State gets bounced by the Lakers, lots of speculation about his future, and yet, like we know, because he's Steph's guy and he's important to the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 3: He ends up signing one hundred million dollar extension and now those.
Speaker 2: Questions are quote unquote put to bed. But then the Warriors went out and they did the unthinkable. They got Chris Paul. As we know Draymond Green has been on record about how much he hates Chris Paul, and now Draymond is determined to wipe the slate clean, to do and say the right things. He said, I can look at this year as one of the most important years of my career, and it's not to redeem anything about Draymond, Okay. My goal is that we can help Chris Paul get his first championship, the guy that you hated. Now it is your life's mission to help out his career and his reputation.
Speaker 3: That is a lie.
Speaker 2: New GM gun Levy met with both of these guys before signing off on the deal because he knew, like what we knew is.
Speaker 3: That the two guys can't hate stand each other.
Speaker 2: They hate each other, and that's funny because the Holy really can't stand them up right, But apparently they've now come to Jesus. They have had a somewhat of a peace agreement like the US and Russia and the Cold War, and according to om Young Music, after the trade in late June, Green said that he and Chris Paul touched base briefly before giving each other space and time to digest everything, but they have since had a face to face and phone conversations. Listening to Green talk about all the things that used to drive him wild about Chris Paul is almost like carrying an opponent. Describe what it's like to battle Green in the playoffs. Yeah, it's like seeing.
Speaker 3: A smaller, older, more wily veteran be just like you.
Speaker 2: They are a match in heaven two world class pass with the history of animosity now best piece.
Speaker 3: Hmm, We're gonna see about that especially.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that's the most interesting and the most we'll call it up in the air, is that the offense normally runs through Draymond, and with Chris Paul, the offense normally runs through him. Who is going to capitulate and defer to whom? He said, after getting over the hump of being in the same room without killing each other, there's gonna be another hump of actually playing together. But it's gonna take some getting used to. Yes, both focal points of the offense. To me, that feels like maybe Draymond comes off the bench Chris Paul. Now the rumors are that he's going to be starting. Who is going to be out of the starting spot.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be Wiggins, probably not gonna be Looney, definitely not gonna be Stephand Clay.
Speaker 2: That means Draymond Green is the odd man out unless they allow six starting five players. Green says that it's the most important season of his career. He's trying to position this now well as some kind of redemption. Chris Paul also looking for redemption, and there's only one way that they can find it, and that's by winning a championship together, kissing and making up and giving each other praise about how they couldn't accomplish it without the other one.
Speaker 3: And dray now thinks this roster, which is wild, has the chance to win two more championships.
Speaker 2: He wants to match Jordan, and he thinks that that's not out of the realm the possibilities.
Speaker 3: Guys, I am dubious. I am skeptical. I do not know about that one because I.
Speaker 2: Have no idea how they beat the Lakers. I have no idea how they beat the Grizzlies. Maybe they do, and I certainly have no idea how they beat the Denver Nuggets. But hold on to your hats on this one if they fall short again. Shocking to think about a team bounce in the second round of the playoffs in six, by the way, by a team led by someone older than me, a four year old, Chris Paul's reputation for not being able to win the Big One will be further solidified. And then the belief that maybe, just maybe Draymond destroyed both timelines of the Dynasty, and maybe just maybe people are starting to worry about Steve kirktu that will be hard to refute. Once again, all eyes are on our Dubs and the pressure is on. If you're a lifelong Dubs fan like me, your hopes lay in the hands of Chris Paul's fragile hamstring, Clay's ability to return to pre surgery Clay, and Draymond keeping his cool when he has to come off the bench. I just don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Moving on, There's just.
Speaker 2: One thing I like more than an NBA superstar beefing on the internets, and that is an obscure NBA player beefing on the internets. Welcome to the Kai Jones experience. If you are a casual fan, you might not know Kai Jones other than the fact that he has Dennis Robin like hair, blue purple chain. Every week started with the random ig live where Kai Jones appears to be random, how shall we say, unable to operate heavy machinery. He repeated how the Hornets were not going to trade him. He said this, if I get that call on my phone, I will have my buye.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.
Speaker 2: What a strong sense of job security for a guy who has played sixty seven games in two seasons and he averages eight minutes and three points.
Speaker 3: What does he have on Mitch kupcheck? What does he have on someone?
Speaker 2: But it was how he was acting that attracted all the attention. The profuse sweating, the jerky dancing, the slur speech, all of it was a little strange. Some viewers observed Jones's weird behavior during the live stream, including the dancing, sweating, and the unclear speech.
Speaker 3: But do not worry. He was not under the influence. How do we know that he was not under the influence.
Speaker 2: He told us he was not under the influence, and that is what Kai Jones said on Twitter. He says, I was not on drugs or intoxicated. I was enjoying my night in my crib. Y'all bugging hashtag, goat life one hundred emoji heart emoji, a butterfly emoji, goat emoji case closed.
Speaker 3: Kai Jones sweating, jerking around, dancing, sweating, not intoxicated, just hot. Just probably his air conditioning ran out. That was what it was.
Speaker 2: But hey, his actions later are really indicative of a guy who has it all together, because less than a week later, he randomly came after his own teammates Mark Williams by commenting commenting on social media, Hey, show me a video of Mark pulling up, going left and hitting it anywhere man in college? Show me where, to which Mark Williams risked responded with a video of fifty cent holding his own chest crying.
Speaker 3: So yeah, kai Jones acting crazy on IG Live.
Speaker 2: The coming after the guy who took your job sounds like the NBA is almost back.