Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Bust with the Boys. I am your host, will Compton Taylor. This is what's the date, the actual date. It is Monday, October eighteenth. The boy he's playing on Monday night football tonight. For the love of god, it's Wednesday. We're gonna no, no, no, no, We're not gonna say what the boys are. We're not gonna we're gonna predetermine what the score might be. Uh yeah, none of the none of this bullshit right now because a lot of people are talking that wherever the bus is went in college, we're rowing too, we're owing too. Who somebody had an idea where we need to start taking the bus. If that's the case, if we're gonna go all defeated, then we need to start picking where we're gonna go. Yeah, we need to go to every Michigan game from here on it. That would be amazing. Hey, we just go and they just tank. By the way, do we still have five? Do we still have five Big Ten teams in the top ten? I know Iowa lost, but Purdue, now you gotta we're in Big Ten football. This the best conference in the game right now? Is it not the best conference in ball right now, Well, we at we got Oklahoma. Oh wait, no, we not. We don't have Oklahoma. We got Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State. Iowall fell eleven, five in the top eleven. It's hard to say that that Big Ten football isn't the best conference in America. It's hard to argue that.
Speaker 2: Do you have five in the top eleven? So four in the top ten. We have five in the top eleven. We do the top eleven. Everybody else does top ten. We're not gonna fow the tram. We do a top eleven around here. We have five in the top eleven.
Speaker 1: You can't talk because y'all beat Vanderbilt jps of South Carolina. You can't talk because you guys only beat Vanderbilt by one fucking point.
Speaker 3: You can't talk because you guys lost to Minnesota by how many points? Seven points? In the toughest conference. This is this is Big ten football, this SEC football. We lost to three of those teams. We have a new coach, no recruits.
Speaker 1: We lost to three of those teams in the top ten by a total of thirteen points.
Speaker 4: And what's your record?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We're the best three win football team in the country. I don't know what our lost column says.
Speaker 3: So you have three wine and five we have we're four and three. You're three and four.
Speaker 1: We're rebuilding, so are we? And look where we're at. You could have had me. They're like, Okay, you're in your five and you're still rebuilding or you're four.
Speaker 3: I don't know much about Yeah, you don't know shit in the headlines.
Speaker 1: What do you mean we're not in the headlines? Did you not watch Bustle with the Boys last week? Because of us? We're in the headlines all over America right now because of us with the boys.
Speaker 3: Nebraska is in the headlines in football, they'll say, Oh, Michigan defeats Nebraska, Minnesota defeats Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Who else we got? What I lng on number one? If we're gonna argue big ten SEC, for the love of God, give them Mike to somebody else who has a team in the SEC. You got Garrett who he has Alabama? You got you got Jack who has Tennessee like we have South Carolina? South Carolina holding the mic like you guys, fucking Tennessee.
Speaker 5: You took a tough all this weekend loss to a thirteen Cole Miss crazy game. Might get into that later, but SEC football Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, l SU would stomp the.
Speaker 1: Fuck out of Big ten teams. Get the fuck Well, we'll find out in both seasons. We'll find out both team or both seasons. We know little rattle and I said team in that season. Should we make a bet right now? SEC vers Big Ten?
Speaker 5: Who wins or who even just makes it to the BCS Championship.
Speaker 1: No, we'll do it. We'll do a bet of the games of Big ten vers SEC.
Speaker 5: I mean, whatever you want, I'm here for it. I'm pass the mike to my brother.
Speaker 1: Hey before hang on, before listen. No, we're not doing anymore. We gotta do a show.
Speaker 3: You played South Carolina one time? What happened in that game? What happened?
Speaker 1: We lost a game? Thank you? Go ahead do your thing. Because I was trying to go to the league. I wasn't even caring about that game. I was just getting out. I was a junior. Damn. This episode is brought to you by our number one presenting sponsor in the game, the Chevy Silverado Fall means football and tailgating boys. It's time you're timed to up your tailgating game with the strongest most advanced Silverado ever. My Silverado was parked at our tailgate in Knoxville. The boys were in Knoxville. Bus was there, Chevy Silverado was there, and what was on that Chevy Silverado is the best six convenient configuration tailgate system in the entire world. The multiflexed tailgate on the Chevy Silverado. There's a primary tailgate which opens up with the push of a button on the keyfop or from the inside of the truck. The inner gate folds to a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed. There's an easy access configuration where the inner gate folds down, allowing you to reach farther in the bed. It can also become a desk or a surface for your tailgating meal. We got done dueing the episode and right away we flipped down the tailgate. We put it into a desk and the boys immediately started to turn out content, which is what you guys saw over the week. On Saturday, UH for the strongest most Advanced Silverado ever. Had to a local dealership near you and tell them that the boys sent you ours Freeland Chevrolet. Right here, local Nashville. You can go down to Freeland Chevrolet, seek out Mike Cameron, any of those boys, and let him know a comp nasty all the boys sent me. Don't use don't use Jack Same, he's not good, he doesn't have a lot of pool, But let him know that comp nasty. Taylor, Alex Blas, Garrett or JP any of those boys sent you, and you might get you might get a free trailer hitch. All right, now, let's get back to the weekend recap you had. You were one to say you already said your thing. You just want to say I lost to South Carolina. Where were you? We're at sideline? Yeah, okay, this silence. I was on a recruiting visit.
Speaker 3: I just didn't want to play football the next level.
Speaker 1: So again I made other plans. Man, I'm smarter, right, all right, I got you. But we were in give the somebody else. We were in Knoxville over the weekend, and Knox feels like a second home. Knox feels like a second home right behind Lincoln, Nebraska. The place is electric. The love that uh bust with the boys had in Knoxville. Yeah, we're still in the local state of Tennessee, so you can assume that people are familiar with the bus. But I felt like when you get a few few hours outside of Nashville, people might not know about the bus. Like who knows what kind of welcome we were going to get Cool Beans Bar and Grille. Thank you for setting the bus up at your bar. That place is electric. Fortunately we had Jack, who you were in Tennessee for how long? Two years?
Speaker 5: Well, don't play me like that, I'm a four year graduate.
Speaker 1: Did it all? That's right for your graduate graduation rate? You helped the graduation rate? Yeah and nothing. Jack was like I mentioned Cool Beans Bar, Like, hey, they're trying to put us at cool Beans Bar? Is it cool? And Jack was going all out saying that it's this local spot in town. That's the place to be at. It's in the middle of everything, it's on the most popular street and you weren't wrong. Place was packed, places loaded. We had to be careful with the bus a lot. We had to try and keep people away while we were doing our pod with a Big Cat and Brandon Walker. But shout out to Cool Bean's Bar and Grill for allowing us to set up and also shout out to boys Basic Block dot Io. It's just tailgating basically in a Nutshelle. Basic Block is like paypaler Venmo for tow truckers. They pay their tow truckers fast. They get you out of They get you out when your back's against the wall and you need to find a toe, which is what the boys were. They found it with in under twenty four hours. They found it to get there, they hooked us up Garret. Garrett was worried about getting the flatbed in in that small little parking area, the parking lot where cool Beans bar Grilla is thankfully basic Basic Block. Those boys working around the horn hooked us up with a small towing truck to get us back there. But essentially the fastest way to get tow truckers paid. We know tow truckers listen to this podcast because they go to the games with us. We hook them up with sideline passes, we hook them up with tickets. So if you're a tow trucker listening to this, you better get with the boys Basic Block because they'll get you paid fast and you'll get to travel with the boys. What else did we do? Shout out Coach Eckler. Oh, yes, bro, yeah, yeah, you went to go pay for your hotel. Blass had to do handle parking. Jack was like in the golf cart with me. We were going around. We got to go and tour the University of Tennessee. Rebummed, Garrett. Uh, we got to tour around with the coach Eckler. He's a special teams coach at the University of Tennessee. He was also my linebacker coach when I was at Nebraska. He was the one responsible recruiting me. The the tattoo stories, the jumping off a Memorial stadium, his kids won't have a father. That was our first phone call conversation. We had his like recruiting pitch to me. It was pretty dark. Have I told you guys about that? Really so coach at the first time, like Nebraska made it switch from the Callahan regime to the Pollini regime. And Eckler the first time I talked to him on the phone, He's like, well, we'll come to the police. He's like, is this the number one linebacker in America? You guys know, you guys can only imagine what these coaches and recruiters say to these kids. He's like I told my kids. I have three kids at home right now. I told him they will no longer have a father if I can't keep you committed to the University of Nebraska, because I'm gonna climb to the top of Memorial Stadium and I'm gonna jump. That was the opening conversation with coach Ackler. Gay work though, I save those kids alives, man. But yeah, we got to tour round with coachack He took us around the university. We got to see all of it, dude, the indoor facilities, the training room, the basketball arena, the stadium, the football offices, the meeting rooms. Tennessee's dope, man. I'll give it to Tennessee. They are they do have a nice spot. I will say it's not as good as Big Red.
Speaker 5: It's not like that to say it was cool when we can move on.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should. You're right. I should appreciate it. I should appreciate it for what it is.
Speaker 5: I know Ackler would appreciate that, would appreciate what just you know, leaving Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome in the game at night, the checkerboard that was sick. One hundred thousand people screaming it was a loud as shit, bro. Yeah, yeah, with the light show, Yeah it was. We'll appreciate it for what it is. Tennessee elite. I will say they're an elite. That is an elite stadium, especially when you got a big game in town. Uh. I know, I was like thinking, like, oh, you know, the light show, Nebraska's light show. Just keep always bringing it back to Nebraska. We also did a podcast with Big Cat and Brandon Walker while we were there. We're there setting up. I'm surprised that you even fitted in the Barsel squad. They had their Barstool College Football show with Dave, Big Cat, Brandon, and Casey in Knoxville for the big game and they started at like five point thirty six o'clock. They landed at like one, and Big Cat and Brandon Walker were nice enough to squeeze in doing a podcast in the middle of the afternoon. It was a little hot, it got a little steamy. The boys got initiated. Brandon, you know, he was apparently complaining a lot heading over there. We do a lot. We mess with him a lot and have a lot of fun with him. But the interview was awesome with Big Cat and Brandon Walker. Was there anything in that interview that stood out that we could recap a lot of college football talk. Those boys are in the middle of their gambling day. It was in the middle of their gambling day. Good father advice, as an expecting father, as an expecting girl, Dad Brandon a big cat walking through what it's like to be a father those opening days they were also they also love the fact that their episode is going out before ron and Little Sasquat, just to clear the air. I tried to explaining it there, but it got a little hijacked because they're trying to keep up with their games. The reason that Roan the Ronan Sasquatch episode hasn't aired yet is just because we have them in a library with a couple others In case the event that I go and play for somebody comes up. You need a few week buffer to try and figure out what the move is, and that allows us to run those episodes and if not, like let's say I'm not a team for the rest of the year, holiday season comes up, Thanksgiving, or we want a week or two where the boys are planning different stuff and we're just not gonna be like, you know, doing current event pause and so guys can go and travel or whatever. Like you run those podcasts, you have those in the bank for that reason. But they'll be the first one to go out whenever we need. Whenever the first one needs to drop, it's gonna be Ronan SaaS because that is a funny ass episode. I do think it's hilarious that they like, are we're talking that? They think it's like funny that THEIRS hasn't went out yet. They're like, you should just never drop it. Yeah, so Nebraska lost to Minnesota. You know what kind of man am I? If I don't talk about my own If I don't talk about my own team when the bad times are bad, I don't want to shy away from the adversity and the backlash that I've been getting because there's been a lot people have been questioning what happened, what's going on in Nebraska. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the game, so it's hard to comment unless I check the tape. I haven't checked the tape. I haven't got to watch it back. You know. The next day was Sunday. We're watching the NFL games. I got my fantasy team, the Ponter Biscuits performing, so I got to make sure my guys are playing well there. So I'm just trying to keep up. But at the end of the day, we should not have dropped the ball against Minnesota. I will say that. There's not an excuse to Hi'm like, oh, we should be nine to oh eight and oh whatever. However, undefeated we should be right now. We should not have lost to a team where the mascot's name is the fucking Gophers, dude, and their colors are what maroon and yellow? You said, what golden Gophers? My fucking bad, But you don't lose to a team, to a team like Minesota. No disrespect to the boys in purple and yellow or burgundy and yellow, burg or maroon and yellow. I'm for the boys, and if you're a Minnesota fan, you should be for those boys. I'm just like as a as a corn Husker myself, you don't lose the fucking Minnesota, especially when you battle, you battle and take three top ten teams to basically the last series, we're five plays away from being undefeated. Right now. We are. You laugh, but we are, And I know I always do the joking. Oh you laugh, But this like Okay, we lost by seven points to Minnesota. Hey, if I had to chocolate up to anything, it's these are what eighteen to twenty two year old kids. They had a bye week. We're on a bye week now. They were probably fucking waiting on to do the bye week, to leave to this and that. They probably thought their shit did instinct because they took They put Oklahoma on the ropes, They put Michigan State on the ropes. They put Michigan on the ropes. They had a huge sold out crowd. You know what, sixty years running now I think, yeah, yeah, they probably overlooked Minnesota. They probably thought they were gonna drag them like they did Northwestern, and they got their shit. They got their shit pushed in. So there is no excuse we should be what is their record now, three and five? We should be at seven and one if we were actually going by if we played the hindsight game. The reality is were three and five Minnesota. We'll see the Minnesota games. Yeah, I'm gonna switch my Illinois game. I'm gonna switch my Illinois game to the Minnesota game because it was bullshit. We were trying to set up for the bus all day Saturday, and I was very frustrated because I obviously want Nebraska to win just as much as everybody else in that state does. And when you drop a game the Minnesota like you shouldn't fucking do, everybody's gonna have a bunch of questions. Now, everybody's like, I'm sick and tired of it. Nebraska's going to be Nebraska, blah blah blah. It's tough, man, And all I can think of is that they overlooked it. They're looking forward to the bye week, and maybe they were just tired from taking three Juggernauts to the last seconds, you know what I mean? Maybe they're beat down a little bit because they've had to play a top ten team in the refs every fucking week. Anybody have any questions they want to ask? Now that they got me in here, JP, I always know you got something.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say something.
Speaker 3: Nebraska fans can look forward to. The quote we were talking about last week. Is it fair to say Nebraska is going through some tough times right now?
Speaker 1: Tough times all last tough people do.
Speaker 3: No, what do tough times create.
Speaker 1: Strong people?
Speaker 3: And what do strong people create good times? So y'all are on the up and up. Y'all are going through some tough soft people. Yeah, what's that full quote? JP hit me with a banger one day. It was a tough times create strong people. Strong people create good times. Good times create soft people, weak people, and weak people create tough times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good pool. It's a never ending cycle. You can't get fucking soft, you can't get weak. You can't buy any of those good times because when you start drinking the kool aid and buying the hype, you get weak minded. When you get weak minded, a tough situation comes and you don't know how to handle it. We're kind of playing that into like a little joke of like Nebraska. I actually am obsessed with that little quote. By the way, I was glad you pulled that from me. Pulled that for me, Um, no, pull that for me. We were talking about something. I think we were just talking about like hard shit going on, and you like said that one day when we were talking to the shop. Washington football team lost to the Chiefs thirty one to thirteen. For a minute there, you thought washingt football team is gonna win that game, and then I guess I don't know. I changed the channel and I went back and they was fucking over with It's gotta be brutal. I'll say that I'm a big, big fan of Patrick Mahomes. Love Patrick Mahomes. I want him on the bus if I'm Steven A, I would talk about how we've had some conversations and he means a lot to me as a friend. But it's gotta be tough being Mahomes and having to deal with his family. And I don't even want to say, like deal with your family. I know he loves his family. He wants them to have fun, like he gives them hookups for box seats, like they do their own thing. Man, But his family's like, you know, drunk with power right now, drunk with like privilege and entitlement because his mom's his mom's tweeting during the games, talking about you know, go yeah, she's saying go Chiefs at the end, but she's talking, she's commenting during the games, and it's like if you look at them all individually, like it's not terrible, it's like yet his mom's like emotionally tweeting with the game, like yeah, that shouldn't be. It sucks that tip passes that turn into interceptions or drop passes that turn into interceptions. That that's a stat But people are so like fed up with like, you know, his brother always doing the TikTok dances. My man does a TikTok dance on Sean Taylor's number where it's chained off to where you shouldn't be in that chained off area where they have his number painted, and he blows it by doing a TikTok dance. Everybody's coming after him. His wife has obviously a history, a rich history of like being memed in all the videos and stuff. I don't know all of those. I know she tweets a lot during the games. And then your mom's tweeting too. It's just a combination of all of it. Dude. It's just got to be tough, like going home or going to the locker room after you already deal with enough being considered the mini goat or the young goat.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: Be going to the super Bowl and having all the expectation and pressure of being a half a billion dollar quarterback, and then you have to go to your phone. And then another thing to stack on top of it is your family just being all over being in headlines basically, and it sucks because everyone has those family members that do those things and they just they don't get the microscope pressure of it all. But since you're Patrick Mahomes, that's what's gonna happen, Like you're just gonna be that that's that's what comes with it. And if it was me, if I'm Patrick Mahomes, so I won't. I won't. I won't just I'll put myself in those shoes if that was if that was my people doing that, I would be so pissed off. After the game, dude, I beg yo, I fucking give you guys passes. I give you guys leeway. I'll give you guys all of this access. And it's just don't tweet and say shit during the game, like, don't create headlines like there's already enough going on, Like we're trying to bring the Chiefs back. I'm trying to bring We're trying to get the boys back on track to get in the hunt to be at the top of the division. Like this shouldn't be something that I also have to hear about whether or not he has to deal with it or not, which they probably do a good job being, you know, because they seem like a tight knit family. It just sucks that you have to think about those things subconsciously, Like you have to see this, You had to see that. You gotta your your boys are probably saying something that would suck. It would piss me off. I'd be like, yo, I'm not gonna continue to give you this ship if you're gonna not have awareness to know, Hey, don't do a TikTok video on Sean Taylor's number. Don't be doing all this during the game, Like, let's just enjoy the game. Let's appreciate where we're all at, be grateful that we're in these box seats, that we have field passes, and let's just fucking root on the Chiefs and root on your son. We don't have to come and feed into the haters and feed into social media and create other anxieties that aren't even real. Like, let's just play ball and enjoy the life that we have. I hope Pat still comes on the bus after this. You think, so, you know, I don't like, you know, can I can?
Speaker 2: I ask, like, well, do you actually feel well let it roll bad for him?
Speaker 1: Do I feel bad for Pat? I like, I don't know him personally, you know what I mean, Like, so I don't know, like how he has to deal with that stuff. I feel bad. I feel bad that like it like it's stuff that's out of his.
Speaker 2: Control, do you I mean yeah, but do you think if they were winning like they used to or have in the past, that any of this would be talked about, well other than his brother doing the TikTok thing.
Speaker 1: Well, his his wife liked you know which I love that she leaned leaned in and played against it, right like or she's loud when they're winning. I thought that's hilarious because she's obviously trolling people because they're winning. But when you're actively, like consistently doing it and feeding into all these things that can be grabbed this headlines, like, it's more of like that. It's a funny quote. It's the only one I can think of right now, but like stay down until you come up type of thing where you just lay low until you win again and when you're on top to where you can kind of troll back at him. But it's like feeding into the frenzy. Like when when when Pat's already under a microscope and feeling that he's not feeling pressures, like he's playing good ball, like guys are dropping balls, they're getting picked off. They're just not in the lead and winning and undefeated right now, so there's always gonna be question marks. It's just the fact that they're losing right now, so everything's bigger. But when to that, you got to know, like the people that are are in his corner, don't feed into the stuff like when you're losing, because it's just going to create more of a distraction or just more of like an attention thing that is just unnecessary, you know, all this, Like, if.
Speaker 6: There's anything we've learned in media over the last five years, it's that it doesn't matter necessarily if you're right or wrong.
Speaker 1: It's just that you're still in the conversation.
Speaker 6: He might be fine with this because it's just boosting his personal brand even more. It might be a little bit of an issue week to week football wise, but in general, like he's still in the media and now he's monetizing his family as well, Like that might be a reality show down the line that he has plans for, you know what I mean, So he could even be.
Speaker 1: That is true. It's if it's going beyond like football, I just think like like Juju Juju's an example, he was doing all the TikTok dancing stuff right, like he kind of knows his branding. He knows like even though it was really bad at a couple points last year, like, that's something he's always done, always in forever, and something he'll continue to do because he loves doing it. So he's gonna like weather those sores because it's something that's in his control. To me, it's the stuff that's like outside of the control that I would just yeah, I guess you can't assume that he's upset with it, because maybe he's maybe he's cool with it. We are talking right for sure, for sure, it's just all pub is good pub right, But you know, sometimes you want I don't know. I'm not gonna again, I'm not gonna assume, Yeah, you're right, if you're playing Devil's advocate, that could be true. I think it sucks because his brother was doing it on Sean Taylor's on the number, Like that's fucked up. And I did see he he posted an apology, which I'm sure he had no clue because aside from all of that stuff that we just talked about, what a what a bad way to do the whole Sean Taylor retirement ceremony. To me, it was just a pr ploy because of the stuff that's going on with that came out with Gruden last week, which we can get into, but three days before Washington football team has been under under investigation and just nothing but negative stuff has came out of there for I know, before I even when I was playing there, But they had all that stuff to come out and for three days before the game to say, hey, we're gonna do a Sean Taylor ceremony. There are people saying like it was kind of in the talks and in the works, but you gotta do that shit the right way, Like there's so much of a better way to go about it. Like his Sean Taylor road or parkway was right outside. They had photos of it, you know, just out by the tailgate or something like that. Like they didn't actually have a good ceremony about it. They didn't do him the right way. They didn't do his family the right way, like and that people had no awareness to know, hey, don't stand on these numbers like there's not security there, Like there's not it was roped off, but you're not gonna have Like there are some photos where several people were standing in there. It's like, it's not like Mahomes. It's not like the Mahomes family like just went in there, like, hey, listen to this TikTok dance video on the number. It was like, there had to have been a sense that we can go inside of here because there's no security. There was no real professionalism about giving their family the respect that it has been deserved for a guy and a family like the tailor's like Sean Taylor and I just don't think it was put together the right way man. And I think they scrambled because I think there's something bigger at play. They wanted a distraction because there's all the investigation stuff coming out. That's what I think.
Speaker 7: Very much seem like it was just thrown together, Like I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like, yeah, I was thrown together like a bus and tailgate. Hey we're going to Knoxville this weekend. That's a good pool they were going to link in this weekend.
Speaker 7: For somebody so big and somebody who means that much to the organization like it. It very much seemed like it was just thrown together, like that's the best they can do for probably one of the greatest.
Speaker 1: Yeah what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that it took this long for them to do that, that's what amazes me. How has this notady been done?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, A lot of people have those questions. I know a lot of fans are pissed off, and they should because Sean Taylor's like one of the goats, dude, and what he meant to that franchise, in that organization to throw it together three days before and let's let's say, let's let's say that they did plan it, but to announce it three days before, to not have like some rollout of ex players coming on, to have some like montage or some content or some segment built on players interviewing about what Sean Taylor meant to them, some fans about what Sean Taylor meant. The owner, were coaches, anybody that's been involved. Sitting down, you're playing it, you're playing it on TV, you're playing it at halftime like you know, having twenty one somewhere like other than a roped off little spot on the sideline, not wearing a hoodie, not wearing a hoodie like when the family's doing it. The owner was wearing a hoodie something I'm not playing for The.
Speaker 7: Washington found out too, like when we all did, like a week before. His family just found out or his brother.
Speaker 1: I think so that that's true that his brother just found out. That's what I heard because me personally, again, I'm a podcaster. I do other stuff to where I'm not reading all the tabloids headlines. I'm not looking so deeply into it to where i know who's right who's wrong. Because i did see a couple of players say, uh, this was planned for a while, blah blah, and I'm thinking of myself, well, this is very poor planning. But if that's true that his family or his brother somebody had just found out, like this is something that should have been planned, and if it was just a dropping the ball of whoever was in charge of doing.
Speaker 6: It, Chanteo's brother Gabe said he found out about it on October eleventh.
Speaker 1: Today's the eighteenth, right, So there's you can't tell me that this is something that's been in the works. There's a big play going on, boys, there's a big play going on right now. And this is like the whole the conspiracy talk that everybody likes to talk about with the elites and people at the very tip top and things like that. To me, this is like a game of Game of Thrones happening right now. Game of succession. Succession's out right now. I fucking love succession, but this is like that elite shit happening created distraction right now, Lee's is going into the John Gruden stuff. I don't condone it's it's it's very disappointing and sad that coach Brudin thought this way, not only thought this way, but took his thoughts, put him in the words, send him in the email. He's talking behind the scenes with people in the higher ups in the NFL. Uh, speaking that way, he unfortunately, you know what's done is done, and he did deserve that. Uh. It sucks because I was I was a big fan of coach Gruden. He was awesome to me every player that not every player. I won't speak for everybody, but I know a lot of the guys when I was in that locker room, a lot of guys fucking loved him. Dude. He was Uh, he was all about the boys, always had great, great things to say after losses, Like in my eyes, he was he was he was a good leader on those few weeks that I was on the Raiders. It sucked, it had to go, it had to go that route that all that stuff came to light. But I do think that he was somebody that had to fall on the sword for stuff that's happening, like these are things that are now coming out to light to where they knew about this stuff since like June or July. I believe right, I think something came out that as saying that this was known these emails. We had this kind of play. We'll call this John Gruden thing a play right now, this John Gruden card, this play was known about since June or July. I don't know what the ins and outs are of the whole situation, but I do think it's something bigger, something bigger that's going on. Because you can't tell me how those six hundred and fifty thousand emails that those are the only bad things you found on one man. There had to be somebody receiving it. There had to be somebody reciprocating the same kind of messaging, because it's not like he's just on his own just sending this stuff like he's he's he feels comfortable enough and all of that to send it to somebody. So yeah, Derek Carr, Yeah, the chefter stuff's sending the mister editor saying all that kind of thing, like that's crazy. Yeah, so Derek Carr his quote. Don't get me wrong, I love the man and you hate the sin. Like for anybody, no one is perfect. That is true. It does suck, man, you know it. What's tough about it is my experience. Yeah, I really enjoyed Coach Grewdon, like I liked him a lot, And it's it sucks that sitting here, like knowing I'm about to say those things like that stuffs good gonna come out of my mouth. Is like you can almost get judged the way the social world is now, you can almost get judged to say, like, oh yeah, I like Coach Gruden a lot, like he was awesome to me. Blah blah. Oh yeah, copy was awesome to you. You You could have fit the type, you could have fit the mold, you could have fit all these things like and a lot of those guys in the locker room loved him. Like I'm texting some of the boys and they're finding out the same time we are at halftime in that Baltimore Ravens game. But it's just it's unfortunate. Man, it's sad. It's you know, it's not And I don't say sad like damn, I feel bad for coach Cruden. It's just it just sucks that like that. That shit is a reality. It's something that does need to be fixed. And I hope more comes from it, because you can't tell me he's the only guy that's gonna fall on the sword. And a lot of trails lead back to UH to Washington because they're getting they were getting under the heat this PA last week and then all of a sudden, we're gonna retire Sean Taylor's number. But hey, where there's smoke, there's fire. Man walks like a duck, quax like a duck. It's probably a duck. What else? What else do we have? Hey, we're touching on a lot of fucking topics. Voice we could get canceled. I'm just kidding. Yeah, he said, you can't, and you can cancel you go to the top. M Lane Johnson. I did not know he was battling some depression and anxiety and he had stepped away for a couple of weeks, he had a note that he dropped. I'd like to thank everyone for their understanding and support over the last two weeks. I appreciate the positive notes and message messages as I worked hard to restore my personal life. Depression and anxiety or things I've dealt with for a long time and have kept hidden from my friends and family. If you're reading this and struggling, please know that you are not alone. I am excited to rejoin my teammates and coaches. I'm grateful for the entire Eagles community and look forward to continuing to play in front of the best fans in the world. Yeah. I had no clue he was a MIA and was dealing with that stuff. That mental health stuff's real. Man. You know, my wife and I we go to the couples therapy and stuff. And I know I've been on here talking about therapy. You've heard Darren Waller be on the episode before talking about therapy Max Crosby. People. Obviously, people deal with shit. Every single person deals with shit, right, you know, I know my own personal experience with stuff. When you're like down bad, or like shit's really against you, or you just you get a lot of anxiety or you just start thinking the worst of things A lot of the times when you come out on the other side. We were talking about it last week, fellas, but it's just like you kind of just like lose perspective on the entire situation because you're in these you're in these status games and these social games, right, and not to say it like it's something that shouldn't be important or anything, but you get sucked into these status games, like being an athlete, right, being a pro football player, somebody who like you. You're always interested in what people are saying about you because you're you're you're at the top, you're considered, you're in the one percent. You're playing a kid's game, you're getting paid millions of dollars to play football, and you drink your own kool aid, you know, and you just buy into this identity. It's easy to get lost into the identity of being what is an NFL football player and nfor just a professional athlete in general, anybody who identifies with what they do for a living. You get really wrapped up into this status game because you're trying to climb ladders, you're trying to do all these things. You're trying to be the best. You're trying to be known. You want you want people to speak in you of ways that haven't been spoken of before about another player. You want to outlast somebody. I know in our game, it's like play longer than guys. You came in a draft class with play better than outplay guys. What are they saying about me? Okay, I had a bad game. I know I had a bad game with my coaches in my and in front of my coaches and teammates. But people out there in the public eye, I'm getting rated, still highly in the PFF stuff, like my name is still good. It's not getting drug or maybe I'm playing well in front of my coaches and players, but you know, all the media and social media and all this stuff, they're dragging me thinking I'm not playing good, like that game happens, and whether or not guys want to act like it doesn't, or I play for an audience of one, or I only play for my teammates and my coaches, or I only play for this and that, Like it's total bullshit because everybody, we're all human, we all think about this shit. All this stuff like plays in a mental vicious circle all the time, and you can get wrapped up in it so much so that you identify with it and you lose a sense of who you are because you're so caught up in what's going on. I don't know what was going on with Lane. I'm just trying to give perspective and context on why he probably had to step away for a couple weeks. I don't know if it's football related. I don't know what it is. But a lot of times when you come out on the other side, like he's excited to rejoin his team, when you come out on the other side of those things, you just kind of regain perspective on what your situation actually is because what people say about you, it's not it's not like that's not true. Like you can be a different person literally in the next five minutes than you are sitting where you're at right now. Is this I know some things are are are harder to quit than others, But if you wanted to just be like, Okay, I'm not going to eat fast food anymore. If I decide right now, I'm not gonna eat fast food anymore, which is not like a depression anxiety thing. I'm just talking about changing who you can be. You can change it in fucking one second, Dude. You can be a completely different person no matter what people say to you after the fact. Oh you say that now, but you still do this. You used to do that, like, okay, we'll see how long it lasts. We know how long Will says this thing. But a lot of that mental battle stuff. It's tough, man, and I am a big proponent in taking care of your mental health. If you feel like dude, don't don't think therapy is a loath a low thing, because it's not. Man. Do we actually have better Help? As an ad Do we have better Help? Oh? Perfect? Better Help Online Therapy. This podcast is sponsored by Better Help Online Therapy. You may not be feeling down, out depressed, or like you or like you're at a total loss, but if your stress is high, your temper is shorter than usual, or even if you're starting to feel strained in any any of your relationships, your work, any of that stuff, you could probably use the chance to unload. Better Help is customized online therapy that offers video, phone and even live chat sessions with your therapist. You don't have to see anyone on camera. If you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can start communicating with your therapists in undred forty eight hours, unload the stressors and get some unbiased feedback. You'd be pretty surprised at what you might gain from it and see if it is for you. This podcast is sponsored by better Help and for our listeners. Listening you get tempercent off your first month at betterhelp dot com slash bussing. That's b E T T E r h e LP dot com slash busting. I don't cut in and say that attery because oh, it is a perfect spot to say an atery like legitimately, dude, it says, get an unbiased opinion, and it's hard to read to read the directions when you're inside the box. Sometimes sometimes you need a third party to sit with you to where they have no personal attachment or no emotional investment in who you are as a person, to give you a different perspective, because people you might be talking to, whether it's friends, close friends, family, any of that stuff, sometimes it's in through one year at the other because sometimes you might sit there and say, hey, they don't know what I'm going through. You know, if it's me right and I have a little resiment towards a friend trying to get me some perspective, I'm like, well, you know, Jack doesn't know what I'm dealing with right now. He's not a pro football player. But there's relatability in every in every aspect because when we try and talk motivation, inspiration, any of that stuff, you try and take what I've learned from football and related to what I might be going through off the field. But sometimes it's always better to have a third party perspective that has zero investment in who you are because they can they can they can help you zoom out and see the bigger picture a lot better, right, And sometimes it is just a lack of person But I hope laying.
Speaker 6: The Eagles too, because the fact that you didn't hear much about this means that they probably handled it right and we're understanding about it, and otherwise it could have been a huge headline if they weren't open to him taking this time that he clearly needed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's well said. Like, I hope he's good, man, because it does. Like I know players, I know players like I've personally dealt with stuff in certain years where you just you're you're just like in it, bro, and when you're in it, you fucking creates anxiety.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You you put yourself under a lot of pressure, and honestly, like it's pressure that you just create on your own because you're buying it. You might've read a couple of things that you didn't want to read, or you're just laying their up or not up at night, overthinking a little bit, and you just get sucked in this vicious cycle of anxiety and and just stressed. Man, So definitely take a like Marshall Lynch said, man, take care of your chickens, take care of your mental merch war, do we have an update? No update from Alison right now. We can't hit them merch. We can't hit the merch war. Yet we do have incredible merch. I'm wearing it right now because we're in Spootober. Go buy this spooptober merch while we still have time, boys the boys merch. I'm getting a lot, I get a lot of chirps. Man, where's my merch we ordered a long time ago? Don't kill the messenger, but also hand up, I'm gonna take accountability in this I'm gonna take some accountability in this. M Yeah. So I've explained the merch game before. Where we were at selling merch, We're usually only allotted like one hundred or two hundred units of things, right hey, we're gonna make this, We're gonna roll it out. We got you guys. A quantity of anywhere from fifty to two hundred is usually the game. When we had the idea of the boy shirts, it wasn't a rollout, It wasn't something leading up that we had planned. It was something that had to be pre ordered. And for it to be pre ordered, you had to see the demand. That was possible because again, if your barstool, you're sitting there, bus what the boys wants to do? This thing. Even though Will saying that Nebraska or the Raiders are tight fans are gonna buy five hundred or one thousand of these things, We're obviously not gonna believe it until we can see it. So you need to pre order these things. The warehouse got backloaded, dude, got just unloaded on because people love the Boys' shirts. I love that you guys love it. What sucks is I hate having to post the links. Victor Munday, Hey, go get a shirt, and people are like, hey, where's my fucking shirt from a month ago? Because you guys are day one tier ones, dude, and I get it. You guys should be pissed off. I get on the phone with Allison. Trust me, when I get a lot of heat, I take screenshots. I send it Dallas and I'm like, hey, throw me a fucking life jacket, dude, because people want my head because they don't have their shirts yet. They think I'm running a pyramid scheme. Right now. We're network marketing buying shirts. Hey, you guys post you guys, post a link down and if we sell five shirts, we'll go in and compensate you for it. That's why I did with Jack. But those shirts, those shirts should be there very very soon, if not already in your hands. Nebraska fans wanted to come from my throat last week, but the first wave with people ordering them, they started to get them. Raider fans, I do feel fucking bad that you guys have not gotten your shirts yet, and we don't want that smoke, dude, because I know what Raider Nation is about. I'm saying them a lot rich bassatya, dude. I can't. We can't talk about the Gruden stuff, about what went down with the Raiders and not talk about the boys being foreign too, locking the fucking doors, dialing in and playing for each other, because it was awesome to see those boys beat the shit out of Denver, especially after a week of adversity that they did have. And to speak on coach Pasassia for a second, I am a Coach Basachia fan, not because I want to still play for the Raiders. People joke with me on that I would love to play for the Raiders again, But coach Maasatia has more respect in that locker room than I've seen a coach have for a group of players. And that is real. Our Special Teams meetings, I would get cussed out all the time because they would have meetings before the meetings, like a breakfast club of Special teams, because all the Special Teams guys would go and sit in his office. They'd catch up about family stuff, stuff off the field. Obviously you'd go over game plan stuff, but it was like something that wasn't on the schedule would be like these little secret Special Teams meanings that they have all the time. And uh, just the respect that coach Pasacia has. I can't speak on it enough. That dude is seriously a leader amongst players and he's all time man. He's somebody that when Max came on, he texted me it was like, Hey, you're gonna have Max. I heard Max. He's so fired up to come on your podcast. Remember the responsibility that you have as a leader sharing a story like this, and make sure you take care of him because his story, his story is it feels safe, is something that he's going through right now. So essentially, like, don't do anything to harm him. He's so excited, like you have a big responsibility having him on. And he was somebody when I had that when I did that little pre training camp blog about the undrafted guys, the gritty guys read this blog or whatever I did on barstool last year, he was somebody that reached out to me and texted me about that article as well. He's just like, I'm just a big coach Pasachia fan. I really am, And I know he loves those guys. I've actually heard he's gotten a little soft and a little more sentimental because he's like he talks about memories and stuff because you know, he's getting older now, but he's one of those guys that like continues his to have personal relationships even when the guys are done playing for him. When I had gotten there, he had facetimed somebody I've played with on Washington, Adam Hayward. He's like, oh, he's one of my favorites face times, and they're talking about the families. But dude, he's the best guy for this job right now, whether or not they keep him eye. I'm a believer in coach Pasatia. He's got his little glasses that hang from his neck all the time. He's the fucking man, dude, and they should be stoked to have him, and he's more than capable of having that job. All the fans should be at ease. They should be fired the fuck up about it. I know the players are. They obviously perform very well with him, for him, for each other, you know, in light of all the shit that came out, the unfortunate stuff that they came to light. But that's my spiel on the Raider Nation. Bro. They should be stoked. They should be stoked to have him. We are more than officially, we are more than Look at that. I like try to read the fucking teleprompter. We're more than halfway through Spooktober. We're more than halfway through, and you're gonna miss it when it's gone. I do every fucking year. You get to the back half, you're a little drained because you're embracing the spook so much, because you grind. We grind to make this month of October an entire holiday long, right, And you get to the back half and you're a little worn down, you're little like drained from like, fuck, I gotta watch another fucking scary movie tonight. I'm over this. My wife doesn't want to sit with me anymore. She's going upstairs. I gotta watch it alone. You start coming up against a little bit of adversity, but guys, battle through because I'm telling you, when it's gone, it's gone. You gotta wait another year. Then we gotta get it. You start to get fired up for Christmas. Then you gotta get reminded all we need to do Thanksgiving first, prepare for your little speeches around the shit at the table? What are you most thankful for? You gotta do all those things, but do not take for granted this little bit left we have a spooke to ober By the merch embrace the Spook, the boys. What we did last weekend we had a private screening of Halloween Kills. We got it for the boys, the Titans. A lot of the Titans players came by with their plus ones. That one coach brought his entire goddamn family. They were in their kids. Man, kids, He's trying to teach them, you got to embrace the spook. All the boys went bustled the boys. We had this little private screening, no, not the flex, but the also flex of Halloween Kills last Friday at the Green Hills Movie Theater. So shots to the Green Hills Movie Theater. No free shoutouts because we had to pay for that shit too. But Halloween Kills, perfect movie, perfect movie. I'm saying, can peace with Shawe Shank Redemption top IMDb movie? Uh No, but dude, Halloween Kills was fucking awesome. Spoiler alert, The motherfucker lives, yes, boy. Spoiler alert. I'll say spoiler alert again because if you don't don't want to know, fast forward probably a minute or two. It's all right, But if people who follow this franchise, they should know that there's gonna be another one next year called Halloween Ends. I don't know if he's dying next year or not, but the motherfuckers like Tom Brady, he just keeps coming back, and he just keeps fucking winning. Dude. He was down and out in this last one, just like he is every fucking movie, and just like that, he disappears and the next thing, you know, and knife's up inside of you. But he his special move. I love how they stick with a special move. He's just banging heads off the walls all the time, just killing people off a pure brute strength, and a wall takes out a lot of old people. Man, your thoughts, some prayers with them and their families. You know, we won't mention how young, how young of a life he took, but you know, be prepared. Just kidding. Spoiler alert, there's not he doesn't kill a kid, or he doesn't kill a baby. I forget if he did. He kill a kid. He killed a kid, A couple of them kids. Man Hey like that, Michael Jordanian man Hey fucked him kids. It's yeah, anybody can get it if you're Michael Myers and you're based on pure evil. If they want to paint him as a picture of pure evil. He's got to kill fucking anything in a sight because he feels nothing for nobody. He got a little weird there when they put the whole bullying jumping off suicide. Yeah, that was weird. That was a weird little play that you guys will see what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: That leaned over to Garrett and said, oh, it's a social commentary.
Speaker 1: I get it. Okay, yeah, yo, Okay, we're gonna we're gonna touch on this while we're also doing a horror film. Phenomenal movie. Though, loved it, scratch the itch I needed. I was fired up. How nobody kills this man or severs his goddamn head from his body is beyond me. But he loves to fight another day. Man, he's on that TV twelve diet. I'm telling you, he just keeps fucking winning. Halloween episode next week? Oh, what's that?
Speaker 6: Nothing, We're gonna Halloween episode next week.
Speaker 1: Oh we're doing a Halloween episode next thame. Oh yeah, yeah, we're doing a Halloween Yeah, next week, we'll be doing a Halloween episode. We're fucking stoked, dude, and we're fucking stoke. Boy. There we go you dressing up. Speaking of that, there will be with the Halloween game. What is that? The Indianapolis Colts game? Halloween game for that and yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, we're gonnail game. Yes at ACME, the boys will be there for the Colts game, the Halloween game. Dude, dress up, going to ACME, feed and seed. They're doing a costume contest. We are doing a costume contest for best dress, for best costume. So it's gonna be decked out, embracing the spook to the fucking max. Dude, we're judged. You will be judged by the boys. I'm telling you, sell out, go to hell and back to have the best costume at ACME because everybody's gonna be dressed up. It's gonna be a Halloween party. We're throwing a party while the while the boys beat the Colts. Man, it's gonna be awesome. So yeah, be ready for all that shit. I'm flustered right now that I just read the fucking Halloween episode next week. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what do we got the fucking telepromter. Man, I'm telling you how long we be going. We've been going a lot. Blast is so happy because he's like I got a couple notes in it, and we can cut out boys speaking of the Washington football team. Hooters shout out Hooters, no free shoutouts. Hooters is your go to spot for killer wings and ice cold beer, but football season means all the big games on the big screens. It's the only place that as world famous Hooters girls. They love football just as much as you, and they're better looking than your friends. Just as Bruce, Hooters has game day specials to keep you hydrated and filled up on your Hooters' favorites all season long. If you can't make it to Hooters for the game, you can still get your Hooters fixed at home and save ten dollars with code barstool b A R S t o o L when you order online. Check out hooters dot com slash barstool for the details. We are now about to drop the fucking big cat Brandon Walker interview. It's fucking electric stoked to finally have the boys on. We've been trying to get him on a while. No disrespect to brand at all. I love that he was on the bus. I really am fired up that he came on the bus because I want all the barstool I want all the Barstool personalities to be on the bus at some point, but we've been trying to get big Cat locked in to get on the bus for a long time. I'm glad it worked out when we were in Knoxville, Tennessee, while Barstool took over all of Knoxville. But this interview was a lot of fun. This it's not even a fucking interview. The boys, we just we just bantered the entire time. It was a good time. But share this episode. Hey, if you're watching YouTube right now, we got to get this figured out. We have to fucking get this figured out because I drop in that life chat every week. Like, hey, guys, make sure to leave a comment, I asked nicely, I asked politely. I see people going at each other's throats in there too. We'll talk about that. But here's how you leave a live comment. If you're on your phone, comment good correction, little Roy Kent from fucking Ted Lasso. Uh, here's how you leave an actual comment on the YouTube video. If you're watching like the tier ones, do I know you guys? Do you guys love fucking going getting aftered in those live chats? Exit out of the live chat. If you're on your mobile, it's exit out of your live chat, Exit out of your live chat, and hit comment and all the comments should pop up. It's just gonna right down at the bottom. Say something, you type in a little comment, you hit post. Make sure it goes to the actual video. Because when the episode's over, when the premiere is over, the live chat goes away. The live chat doesn't live forever. When you guys are yelling Wolf, chanting Wolf and the boys and dropping a comment because com says that what's up blass forever, it's not the same.
Speaker 4: Though, you're right, it doesn't. It lives forever, but you can't touch it anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, exactly. It doesn't matter for what, for what the boys need what? It's not Mike Myers, It doesn't live forever. But yes, okay, okay, but you yeah, you guys get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: This thing.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. After the premiere is overgorithm does nothing that we needed to. It's not for the boys. It's not for the boys. It's for the boys. At the time when we're all watching the premiere and we're watching together, it's like we're in a movie theater watching together. We can all comment, but once we leave, all the conversation stays in there. It's gone. Now if you want the real shit, you want the reviews, we need you to leave there we go. Maybe we say leave an actual review of the episode. So if you're watching right now, leave a real review, which is an actual comment, not the live chat stuff. And stop being fucking mean to each other in the live chat, and stop being mean to each other. Dude. I'm gonna take a page out of Delia's book and say, make friends in the in the comment section, in the chat section, dude, Like, if somebody's in there with negative energy and but acknowledge it that that person might be going through something, and hey, we're in here for the good vibes. We're in here for the good time. We're in here because we're for the boys. So let's stop the negativity right now. Like I, we gotta nip that in the butt because we need you guys. We the boys gotta be together. Man. I understand sometimes it gets a little heated Nebraska fans, are you with Michigan fans? We get people going at each other's throat for different things. There's a time and a place for it. But when we're premiering and we got people coming up to us at tailgates sing their family watches this stuff on Wednesday, we need to have some good, clean fun in those comments. Boys are still the boys.
Speaker 6: That's what unites is so over all fan bases.
Speaker 1: The boys are the boys. The boys are the boys. Man, I love it so Without continuing to ramble making this a longer episode than it needs to be, here's the Big Cat and Brandon Walker interview, brought to you by Busting with the Boys. Thank you so much for listening. Share subscribe to all the fun stuff. Yeah, man, let's go three two one, all the funnies all right, here we go. Yeah, Jimi put the headphones on.
Speaker 4: No, you can if you want to. Are you a headphones guy? I know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not. We're good.
Speaker 4: We just came from Burger's. Uh, I guess say something. I love Brandon Walker. He is a good friend of trusted confidant. He's the biggest pussy I've ever been around. He bitched the entire walk here, we walked a mile.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: He took my sunglasses from him because he said you'd get a migraine if the sun was in his eyes.
Speaker 1: I get a migraine from UV.
Speaker 4: Will tell him like explained to him, like training camp and like out in the.
Speaker 1: Mile.
Speaker 4: He kept on being like, Will doesn't want me on. I was like, yeah he does, which, yeah he did. He texted me that that's what he wanted you not me, No, he said he wanted. But well, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like in the barstool world, I feel like I've got to know Big keead a little. Yes. Yeah, so I feel like I can text him like I feel I feel trust number. He said, you don't put peoples numbers on your phone psycho for that. So, knowing that I knew he's going to be in town, I'm like, Big Cat will probably come on the show because he's always for the boys. Hell yes, always response for the boy.
Speaker 4: I was half the boys, say for the boys, just the boys.
Speaker 1: Wrong Taylor.
Speaker 4: Taylor's keeps trying to text me and do side deals. I told him I won't talk to him unless you're around. That is true, he did, You should actually like Taylor. Every time he texted me, he he'll text me just ask me like a random question, and then I'll text Taylor and Will together. I'd be like, Will Taylor's trying to text me on the side again.
Speaker 1: So Taylor's trying to cut him out. I don't know, but I don't. He's like trying to He feels big, feels like he's trying to do side deals and he doesn't want to have any conversation when he knows he's represented already.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, So I don't have conversations with Taylor without will you do everything on the record, Yes, on the record. I don't want I don't want any funny business character Taylor. He was shocked the last time he did it. He texted me and he was like, hold on, I'll tell you what he said. He tells you that oh he said, uh oh oh bet for this game, for the game in this week. And I just immediately went to the group text and I was like, hey, Will Taylor's trying to text me?
Speaker 1: And then and then he and then he texted me again, you really are loyal to Will. I thought I was gonna swoop you up.
Speaker 4: And when he texted that, I went right back to the group text and he's like, this isn't really that's going on. The first one was the most innocuous tweet ever, Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Taylor's a big time, you know, NFL player.
Speaker 4: And Will's not what Pro Bowl ultimate? Was he a Pro Bowl alternate or start? Okay, so I'm gonna give him his just due. Big time Michigan football player. You know, everyone knows him, big contraence rounder. Yeah, right, Like he comes, he doesn't do the show during the football season. He shows up and he says, Daddy's back and all that stuff. I'm just trying to I'm just trying to give Will his shine. Okay, that's all.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. It's not nefarious. Yeah, it's like a Chevy truck, a real Chevy Solvado truck, which I also sponsored.
Speaker 4: We can't say the other sponsor because that's a conflict of interest.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 1: We are a Chevy guy. We are Chevy.
Speaker 4: Theven diagram of Bust with the Boys and PMT is a big Chevy, a beautiful Chevy Silverado, the grittiest truck ever. Did you see about the six U tailgate flexes? The things they got in the bad It's incredible, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: It helps you, It helps you get into the table.
Speaker 4: And if you go right now, if you go to a Chevy dealership and you whisper pardon my taking their ear. They'll give you a hundred dollars off the truck. Ours is a free trailer hitch Oh, no, is one hundred dollars off the truck. In a hot cup of a couple of coffs, you have to whisper it.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 4: You have to just grab them and just grab him by the shoulder. I'm gonna take off my sweatshirt. It's getting hot in here.
Speaker 1: It was even worse last week when we had a Frost and Alberton. Yeah, Trev Alberts was in a full suit. I saw that and it was upper eighties. It was probably eighties. They're saying stop. They're saying stop. Yeah, yeah, time out to you, time out. Three of them used one of the first.
Speaker 4: Alright, three, two, one, Okay, we're back, all right for the dad advice, Yes, I do want to go back and talk about the positas. Yeah, saying why you want to go back and do that? Here's want to cover that.
Speaker 1: Here's why because when I met you at h Q, I was like, Oh, he's a good dude. The reason I had my I had my questions, what is your opinion? Meeting you for real. Yeah, Oh, you thought I was good dude then you met me. No, I know I had questions about you. Then I met you and thought right, because here's here's how I learned about you. It was the shoved thing in the hallway, and I was but that was when I was kind of coming into the world of barstool like this guy might fight me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I felt you know the world you can push the guy and then shake his hands.
Speaker 1: Felt like it was a shove though, like it was a shove, but as you were shoving, you're also pulling back. Yeah. I don't really want this smoke, but I'll do what I gotta do right now.
Speaker 8: No, in my mind, in that moment, I have to push down. Don't want to push, got to push it.
Speaker 1: Call him of those pushes where you hope somebody comes in right away.
Speaker 8: It wasn't that I hoped. I was just like, I don't want to find you, but you got to shut the funk up.
Speaker 4: The craziest thing is how many years you play in the NFL? Should should I keep this current?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This current? Okay?
Speaker 4: So well, I'm saying like, how many years did you play or how many years are you going on your.
Speaker 1: Nine year nine? This is did you do an Instagram post being like year nine? Can't believe you? Like, wait, what are you? No, you're nine. The craziest thing, you're year nine in the NFL.
Speaker 4: He's never seen anyone shove anyone in the locker room, yet he comes to barstool and he sees it. No, he's it's true that that's not true. Yeah, there's there's this field. There's core them in an NFL locker room that barstool doesn't have. You know, we don't have a locker room though our practice locker room. The hallway is our practice field. You can push somebody in the hallway. But if I've never seen a teammate or anything any type of fight in the NFL.
Speaker 8: You've never seen No, Michael Westbrook didn't happen in the never nothing. Stephen Davis desire, all.
Speaker 1: Right, some of your jokes undullible into a lot of you know, we can see hard knocks too.
Speaker 4: What was that moment that you had a few weeks ago on the show where you got got real bad?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 4: There was like a freeze frame on No, it was like a freeze frame. You said something on this show. Yeah, and you're fucked up saying something. It was an all time moment.
Speaker 1: It happens all the time.
Speaker 4: It happens a damnit, I'm gonna think of it. Yes, yes, D one football and yeah you're like, so you played.
Speaker 1: Taylor, Taylor goes. Everyone's in D one will Yeah. Everyone who plays in the Division one school is a D one talent. Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't have the best. My wife she can tell you a bunch of stories, but I'm not the best at like actually listening. That's fine everything, Yeah, that's fine. Because when you guys did the flush more on I think Cereals, I was like triggering, Oh you were so mad?
Speaker 4: Ye, like because if.
Speaker 1: We just came in bar stool and so, you know, to get in the mixing, like what the fuck? Yeah? People are like, oh no, what offended you so much? On? You don't remember the flush more?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What was the cereal that got yourself? I want to say it was like maybe like a Checks mix or some yeah, something like that. You very very is that even one Checks mixer? Yeah it's cereal? Well no it's not. It's like.
Speaker 4: Back to Brandon Brandon. It's the cruelest thing, like what God did to Brandon. He made this man in the South who can't take the heat.
Speaker 1: We went you're Mississippi State, Me and Jeffrey Simmons on about interviewing. Jeffrey is like, man, do you know your fan base?
Speaker 4: Like right, yeah, well no whatever, I can't take the sunlight. U raise give me a mi grant headache. It's fine, but it's not a full blown ginger. We would ginger at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, being blind, you're considered like a day walker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you are. You are You're in albino. I'm a different subset of human being than the ginger. Yes, DayWalker. He Uh so we went to Clemson. Uh was his Clemson TEXTA, A and M two years ago? Beautiful day probably actually exactly Like that's a little cool that we said in the suite. So we're out of the heat. And afterwards he started puking because it was just too hot. That's what happened to yeahame not name Wisconsin two weeks ago, seventy degrees.
Speaker 8: The sunlight makes me, gives me a migraine, and I was down for a day and a half.
Speaker 4: So this is man's from Mississippi and the Sun Sun, Like, if speak down this.
Speaker 1: Bus in a wheelchair, would you make fun of them for not being able to walk on the bus?
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on where they came from, like the number one walking community in the world.
Speaker 1: It would be ironic. It would be at least be ironic. I live with does it? Does it? Do you struggle knowing that that you can't really take the heat and you throw up after just five minutes? I'm terrified when you struggle, like talking about football packers.
Speaker 4: You see, I didn't want to walk here.
Speaker 1: I wanted to take an over. He want to walk and see the city. I wanted to see Knox. Do you struggle talking about players and people? Miss Missippi said when they're athletes, like commenting on them when you can't really like you couldn't even you couldn't even go out of the tunnel. No, I can talk about anybody. I'm not scared.
Speaker 8: This isn't like some sort of segregation I've put up between me and the able body, the able headed.
Speaker 1: Able faced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whatever you want to say, Like, I just do you get special parking?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't get special parking. I just want to building. I'm forty years old. Guys, I'm out of shape.
Speaker 8: There was once a time I could run around in the sun and be fine, But I'm forty two years old.
Speaker 1: I was just asking a question. Yeah, don't yell at will question. I'm sorry, I was just asking that question. But all that to say is it the story? The story that Big Cat said of you walking down and complaining just validated. I feel like my previous thoughts before meeting you. But I do think you're a good dude. Thank you.
Speaker 4: He's a great dude. You just can't be in the sun. It is hot as fucking here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to take you want to get a layer off.
Speaker 4: No, but this is actually better because I'm not in the sun. In the sun hot, cool in the sun. Yeah that's a fact. Yeah. So thank you for I didn't even say thank you for welcoming a sun here for the bus is great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is this up for a podcast that ripped off one hundred percent? A part of my take, you guys did a pretty good job.
Speaker 1: You really like to lean into that dude.
Speaker 4: The problem is that your problem is the guy who would chirp us all the time. He tragically passed away. So we can't make fun of it. Who you're your guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh Neely, yeah yeah, go away from me. You stole that joke for me. Yeah yeah, Neely would be Neeli would be chirping you from the back end right now, you know, chirped us on Instagram and Twitter non stop.
Speaker 4: And then is very tragic. He seemed like an awesome dude. But you can't, like, you can't make fun of it anymore. You can't make fun of him from Taylor. Also, Taylor also was chirpping you guys. All right, So then we'll just say it was.
Speaker 1: To my question, how many people work on the show for you? We got five? Okay, raise your hand. Yeah, ones that here. Ones at a wedding in Greenville. All right, that's nice. Yeah, yeah, he's bummed though, he wishes he would have been here.
Speaker 4: Wait was that Nate Bean? Yeah? Where'd he go? So he doesn't work work for the Titans anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah he does. He's the pr head of PR with He worked for the Rams, then he worked for the Titans. I don't know about it. I believe that, yeah, because I know him for a while. He's one of the boys the Titan Yes for sure, Yes, you guys text.
Speaker 4: Uh, yes, because he hooked us up. I can't even remember who he hooked us up with. Might have been with the Rams, might have been with Golf maybe but Gough, I can't remember who it was.
Speaker 1: Maybe with Fisher. I was gonna say maybe Jeff h Yeah, he's also I've hit Nate for a long time. But I don't want to get away from you. Feel like we ripped off the No, I don't think you actually did. It's a joke. You gotta you gotta replay the hits. And I was just trying to play journalist speaking of.
Speaker 4: Ripping PMT off. When you guys have a guest at PMT, do you like offer him waters?
Speaker 1: Uh? Sometimes sometimes don't even have water?
Speaker 4: Depends do you guys offer him water? Depends if they struggle with the heat.
Speaker 1: No, we want to see if if we want to be the grittiest podcast, sometimes you gotta go without water.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: And also like in terms of like views and listens, like if Brandon just starts puking on this show right now, it's going through the room.
Speaker 1: Is it impossible for you to puke? Yeah, the show went long enough. Yes, yes, it take me a couple of hours. To work up just to the flip over the helmet and buke in it. No, it's maroon.
Speaker 4: I love this color. Why how did you how did you arrive on this color?
Speaker 1: Somebody sent it to us?
Speaker 4: What's the uh? What's the trip? Maroons the ugliest color in uh? College football? I asked that question. Would you agree? Would maroon is the ugliest color and the ugliest color scheme in college is one of the most used. Northwestern they played like TCU. I'm down with that. Red is number one.
Speaker 1: Maroon you got?
Speaker 4: Everyone has its mixed in with Yeah, it's really Minnesota, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gross it is. It's gross. I know we did use in Minnesota a good color.
Speaker 4: Look, they're on my shoes. Are those shoes match that?
Speaker 1: We ended up interrupt this episode to shut out the boys that row Back Rowback Active where you know rod Back best? You all know Roeback best fits feel. It's football season, which means it's also hoodie seasons. Getting a little chilly outside. And luckily for you guys, Rowback just restocked their performance hoodies. And I'm not shitting you when we say these are the absolute softest, highest of qualities hoodies in the game. The materials out of this world soft, and the stretch is unmatched. I feel like when there's a lot of s and words together, that's where I get a little like lispy messages. Mess Yeah yeah, dude, I feel that too. Nobody does hoodies like the boys of Rowback. Roeback also dropped new performance Polos and trust us, trust us when we say the designs are fresh. Boys are designs fresh. Yes, perfect for the golf course or a night out with your girl. They scream versatility. We've worn these Polos one hundred times. We've worn these Pollos hundreds of times, and the collars look brand spanking new each and every time, and the fabric is just so soft, dude. So if you play football, or you're a football fan, or you listen to bus with the boys, you wear Roadback. It's as simple as that. Use code busting that's b U S s I N on roadback dot com for a generous twenty percent off of your first order. That's spelled r h O b a c K dot com. Uh to get twenty percent off all Polos, q zips, hoodies and teas With that code busting, hop on the roadback bus now. Because it's taken off, so go check them out roadback dot Com. Do it for the fucking boys. Who's your favorite Misissippi state player of all time? Good question?
Speaker 4: Probably Eric Molds rules pro bowler at Buffalo or friend Smooth.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go favorite Jeff Simmons, Fred Smoot's funny Love Simmons.
Speaker 4: Who's your favorite Nebraska player of all time? Lavonte David Okay, that's just because he's your friend. Well, yeah, I played with any still plays. He's a monster. Before you played there, did you have a favorite Oh man, did you grow up a Nebraska fan?
Speaker 1: A little bit? I was more Notre Dame. I was more like a but growing up Catholic school, all that stuff that's wild's not Dame. And then Rudy.
Speaker 4: My my favorite batter is Jim Leonard. I hope they keep him around forever. They're gonna have to make a choice soon. I heard they got him a nice house. They're gonna have to make a choice. He's getting paid a lot of money. He's gonna be five years. You're gonna run Paul christout.
Speaker 1: Well, he's your favorite Wisconsin player of all time.
Speaker 4: Jim Leonard defense Jim Leonard Defense yeah, any other question special teams?
Speaker 1: Jim Leonard, who's your favorite recent linebacker from Wisconsin?
Speaker 4: I loved Chris Borland obviously exactly where I wanted to yeah him to the answer you wanted to get to. Great dude, Great fucking dude. Obviously, the same question, who's your favorite Wisconsin? Jim Leonard returned punts too. He was awesome, he was electric.
Speaker 1: I don't know a whole lot about like that was.
Speaker 4: A long time ago. That was like four, I want to say, and then he had a hell of a career.
Speaker 1: That's ago. Yeah, I know, but it.
Speaker 4: Is when I hear kids saying, like I heard a kid the other day be like, uh oh, I graduated from this school while ago twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: I was like, huh right, long ago. A lot of us Tennessee Nebraska, we live in the nineties. Yeah, at least you could four. It feels like ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Yes, although it's actually a great question for three college football guys here. Is it better to have had the glory and know you'll never be back, or like Wisconsin and Mississippi State never Like I know that Wisconsin's peak will never be a national.
Speaker 1: I think it's one hundred pcent better to have had the glory. But what if you're what if you like pre what if you are too young to remember the glory? So you just you're still in either way the way Like how many eighteen year old kids are walking around with Peyton' jersey? Yeah, no, you're right, I've been love Jack, Were you been alive in ninety eight? And he goes and he goes. He always says, it feels just barely. He's always saying, it feels like ninety eight. Yeah, they all, they all say, I listen, I love having the glory. I adopted Tennessee as like a obviously I'm not a fan of them, but I love the people here because they welcomed me when I did Coach Dugs and like that was a big moment. And have the part of Coach Dougs, Like I could have played video games, it would have been fun. But the buy in from the fans is what made it special and the program and Tennessee was like the epitome of it, Like like the streams that like popped off. I think the National Title stream is like one hundred and fifty thousand people watching the Tennessee program sending me stuff like tweeting stuff. So I will always have a soft.
Speaker 4: Spot for Tennessee.
Speaker 1: How did you find Dougs? I always just oh, Dougs, the actual Dougs. Yeah, I guess bo like did you make the character up? And then you're like, oh, hey, I made the character up?
Speaker 4: And he started just tweeting about it, and he was like he I think his first tweet was like identity theft is not a Joe in the Florida State stuff, and I retweeted it and then it just went on and he played along and he did a great job with it. Although I have said this, and I love Dougs, but there is a weird thing that happens now where people will be like, oh, like walk down the street here and knuxt with people like where's Dugs.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but I'm Dug. Yeah, you're legitimately created.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know there's a do you feel there some jealous There's no jealous and jealousy towards Dugs And no, I just want to remind people that I won the titles. You know, I put in the worst jealous Jealous isn't the word. He just hates him, because no, I don't hate him. It's it's impossible to hate the real life dogs. One of the nicest.
Speaker 1: True How close were you to going to Nebraska? Never? Never? I'm honest. We texted. I said I would never go to a big time school that was in Wisconsin. That's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Did you did you try to HIREMT Nebraska?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did you see not see the recruit I got with the Pierre department at Nebraska and we did a full on push to recruit him to get to Nebraska.
Speaker 4: See that actually does make it seem like the now that kind of like Solly's the Tennessee thing, because it does feel like the team's trying to recapture glory.
Speaker 1: Were like, this is our only chance to win a title. Yeah, all the teams that will never get back and use you to get there. You literally said you were going to go to if they You said, if they offered me a job, I'm gonna go there. I might allied to ye, but the video game probably didn't offer him a job. Yeah. I also think I don't think it was the one time I tuned and I was like, Okay, if we land him at Nebraska, this is gonna looking off charts. No, I I. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: I was confidently like, I'm never gonna go anywhere that's not Wisconsin, the Big Ten.
Speaker 8: And he didn't when he had the chance. Well, it's too continue you went to LSU when you have the chance to go to Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Though, No, that wasn't it. It was. I think it was often. I can't remember. I think so maybe I.
Speaker 8: Remember you saying I'm going to Wisconsin because you just because you look ahead, you know.
Speaker 4: That was always the last spot, and so it's it's still in the system that still if I fired it up, Wisconsin would be the offer. Yeah, but you said the Xbox is like under something. Yeah, I gotta clean up some sure, will you ever bring it back? I want to, It's just like it's hard. The reason why it was so special was because there were no sports, Like, no one's going to watch me play video games versus actual games. No, I I don't let me put it this way. Summer, I wouldn't want play video games while there's actual sports. Song because I want to watch the sports. This is better than the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yea, yes, Olympics sometimes sometimes the most time, most of the.
Speaker 4: Time playoffs, right, yeah? Or College World Series. Sorry about your Cardinals. Back that way, I thought this was the year.
Speaker 1: It's all right, we have a lot what do we have like eleven or twelve.
Speaker 4: I did a really mean thing where the day after they got knocked out, one of our guys went around doing like a video of like who's gonna win it?
Speaker 1: All right? And I was just like, I think it's the Cardinals. And it was like a day after they as the best fans in baseball, dude, we do have a great fan base.
Speaker 4: That was a very Cardinals season though, because they're they're franchise that like, even when they're down, they're not right, it's impossible. I don't understand how they do it. Like even when they're having a bad year, it's like, oh, let's just rip off twenty wins for sure.
Speaker 1: You can always play the underdog card too. I feel like we do that very well. Yeah. Then all of a sudden, we're in the World Series. Yes, coming back game sead. Yeah, the Cardinals Devil, Devil's magic.
Speaker 8: Why don't we have good fans? No, you have good fans, but the whole best things in baseball. The Cardinals overplay their hand on that. You guys overplay you guys brag about being the best fans in baseball to the point where, okay, so I played that's false.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do you just follow a couple of people that might lead you. Yeah, I'm gonna do something that I never thought i'd do. I'm last. You need to defend Cardinals fans for a second. Ready for this. Yes, I think it's one of those things where it was truly Cardinals fans thought they were the best fans in baseball. Then the Internet got a hold of it. Then they made it something bigger than it was. So I don't think that most regular Cardinals fans walk around being like we're the best fans in baseball.
Speaker 1: At one point. They did.
Speaker 4: At one point they did, but I think it also has gotten to be a bigger deal. I hate them so much, but I do think the Internet has like blown that up to a point where it's like not even a real life thing anymore.
Speaker 1: Here it is. That was a nice thing I've ever said about. I haven't been to the new stadium.
Speaker 4: No, No, Yeah, I've been to Bush, but I haven't been to it. What's it called ballpark Village? That's not what it's called.
Speaker 1: I have no clue. I think it's.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Park Village is a spot that's like in the parking lot, all the bars, the.
Speaker 4: Battery in Atlanta's Yeah, it's a great time, but I have maybe maybe it's called again.
Speaker 1: Ballpark Village is the village around like claiming to be a Cardinals fan. Don't even know the stadium name because he's like, oh, sorry about the yeah, Bush Stadium, Push Stadium. Oh so it is still He's like, sorry about the Cardinals. I was like, yeah, I figured they lost. You're like, what did they lose today? Yeah? Today? Yeah. I'm like, I'm like those playoffs when they could become playoff time Listen.
Speaker 4: We there's too much gate keeping of fandom. Although White Sox Dave was right about John Q.
Speaker 1: Sack. Yeah, hey, that was such a big story. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: White Sox state. Have you ever met White Sox save No, he's the fucking dust. He's the funny.
Speaker 1: He's one.
Speaker 4: He's he makes me laugh more than like pretty much anyone in the world when he's Yeah, I mean sometimes it has to be unintentional, but he's just the funny.
Speaker 1: Top five funniest guys at barstool. Oh geez, because you're just trying to say white sox Sdave. He's like one of the funniest thing, all right, p f T. And Dave one and two, right, yea one and two. Well, I'm not gonna do that. We can need it one. I mean, I think Dave is.
Speaker 4: I think Dave still like when Dave's on his fastball, I think and that's not me sucking up.
Speaker 1: I just think that's the truth. P f T.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to two day one. Nick and KB is combined. It's a combined person.
Speaker 6: Ron.
Speaker 4: I hate letting you have Nick and k B. They are combined. They are literally combined. They're a combined entity.
Speaker 8: Nick and KB is at the top for me, they're the funniest guys. Nick to Raney is the funniest human being. He's very very funny. I think Roan he didn't mention one that I I I just love doing stuff with Kate is very funny. I love Kate and I think largest tremendously funny as well.
Speaker 1: We have four. Who's your five? Mmm? I mean, I'm gonna use it for a current spot. I'm gonna use it for current ranking. So Big Cats Jersey Jersey Jerry has been making me laugh so much so.
Speaker 4: Jersey Jerry just he's the green arrow who knows if he'll stay, but he's fucking hysterical.
Speaker 1: He is, all right, Brandon, what about yours?
Speaker 4: Well? I mean Big Cat's obviously thank you for Where's your ring?
Speaker 1: Top three? I go probably Nick KB, Big Cat.
Speaker 4: Nick KB, Big Cat two more. Roan is very you got you wait? Are you ever going to air the Ronan SaaS?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's coming. They're wondering if you guys he's coming in November? What do you mean he's already been here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know you had Ronan Sasas on. You taped the whole thing, and you just didn't put here's the reason why.
Speaker 1: We have that for a practice for film. We have three in the library. So when I do sign, we have we have episodes to help sign where to a football team? Question?
Speaker 4: So that you do still think that's gonna happen? Yeah, god, so very much so. I didn't know if we were doing when this one's going out next, this one's going out next. You put this out before I signed with an NFL team. I don't want Yeah, you don't have to deal with my new team being like, dude, what are you doing interviews going.
Speaker 1: Into the portfolio. We're skipping that. Yeah, he's great. Here's why where I gotta get it out there because I know I'm gonna look at I don't want to create drama. The reason why is we're in the midst of Spooktober. Our buses decked out Spootober roan sas. That's a special decorations. Yeah, this is Halloween decorations. October is spook.
Speaker 4: Can you pull up scores on ESPN? Yeah that Yeah, let's just put in October. It just like every grocery store sales since the beginning of time. What's up Spoketober, Spooktober. Yeah, we embraced it. Come down, get three for one time, LSU beat Florida.
Speaker 1: We got these shirts. Keep scrolling down shirts. What are we looking at right now? Can I see the full I didn't just bet the top twenty five?
Speaker 4: Go back up?
Speaker 1: Who's running this Arkansas trash? This is like a like a seventy.
Speaker 4: Year old dad. You literally you literally are googled. You googled it. Huh Google scores.
Speaker 1: Just go to ESPN. Well that that had everything we needed.
Speaker 4: Indiana didn't cover No, didn't it only had top twenty five. I bet everything. Oh yeah, I forgot you bet mama, Yeah, I have it all. I don't need to see my f FCS one. All right, So you are going to sign hang on?
Speaker 1: Hang on? Okay, sorry, I got to explain that Jump. Roan and Sass they came on right before Spootober started, so they didn't have the decorations. We didn't talk about anything Halloween related.
Speaker 4: I want to air them. It would be like it, it wouldn't meet the aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Correct. We have a method. We have a method that we got to stick to a plan that we got to see because we always have to adapt and improvise all the time with the bus. So that's why this hasn't went yet. How I am excited the show because they are very funny.
Speaker 8: How often do you do interviews in the bus with drug college knocking on the bus like this?
Speaker 1: This is the first time. Cool, It's the first one ever. Cool. Hopefully the boys can take out the background noise.
Speaker 8: So what if Sas and Roan never got out of the portfolio? What if you keep getting podcasts to keep bumping that?
Speaker 1: Basically, what if I never signed keep scrolling? That wasn't the question but essentially that's what happen was the question wasn't it? But essentially that's the question. It's all right, it's all good. I played eight years. I'm confident. What if you keep getting like guests that pushed them back holiday season? I would like for that.
Speaker 4: Never run it, never run, That's what we're trying to get to. He just won't say it. I'd never run, man, I think that would be funny. Fan of it was the lost tapes, ron would be fine. It would destroy sass. Yeah, you did not run this.
Speaker 1: It's the loss destroy. It would destroys ass. Do you feel like Sas cares a lot more than he leads on? No? All right?
Speaker 4: So Sas is also top ten funniest guy at Barstool. So Sas is a very interesting like person to watch because I don't know, like there's times where I'm like, he's acting so young, but he is young.
Speaker 1: He's twenty years old.
Speaker 4: I think it's almost an impossible job to take as a twenty twenty year old, and like you have to remind yourself, and I think the fans and the commenters have to remind themselves too, like how good he is for twenty years old Like, remember, when you're twenty years old, you're an absolute shithead, Like you're half a brain.
Speaker 1: You have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 4: He's incredible given his age, he's incredible anyway, but like he's also incredible the fact that he's able to like handle this job at twenty.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. When I was twenty, I was obviously in Nebraska, but searching my name on message boards, pissed off and triggered at people talking about me. So you can only imagine being a twenty year old kid, like being in this universe of TikTok, Twitter, social media, all of it, and like handling it the way did.
Speaker 4: Will Compton playing the Big Ten championship game against Wisconsin because they weren't able to tackle anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you on the field for both those games? By the way, Melvin Gordon five? No, thank god, Melvin Gordon actually came ran out to DC and ran me over my room. That's okay, yeah you Melvin? How many yards do you have in that game? In that game he had over four hundred.
Speaker 4: It was crazy against Nebraska. That's the record that stood for six days. Yes, and then and then we put it on them in the Big Ten Championship game.
Speaker 1: Dude from Oklahoma right, got in yeahp Ryan, look at that college football guys. Yeah, just talking ball. Oh, go ahead. Sorry. I was gonna say, just to allow this is not bad, to allow you to live in the you guys beating our as in that Big Ten Championship game, which it sucks even more for us because you guy shouldn't even have been there because of what Ohio State? Yes, and another one too, say, was right after Penn State. You guys are like seven and or something like that. Some weird ye fun trip down and three running backs have over two hundred yards against this and he I don't know if you do this, but he's a line far enough. It's linebackers run. Yes, Yes, very important. That was your main job. Wisconsin had a good game plan and we didn't adjust. I wish I could have talked to Bo a little bit more about it. We went on some other we went down some other paths. Oh when he came on here? Yeah, I love Bo. You saw him the other day.
Speaker 8: I was just eating at a steakhouse in New Jersey with my wife. I looked over and Bopolini was sitting there eating a steak. You see I didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: I told him.
Speaker 4: He told me I was such a good a picture. I said, is this Bo Polini? And he said, yeah, go talk to him. I said, nahst Man, I know he I went out to dinner with his whole family in Youngstown because we did his bocie tournament. Italian dude, the BACI tournament in Youngstown. That uh, I think it's Stoops and Polini. It's like all the coaches show up, like Mark Stoops, Bob Stoops, Maurnament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a boxie tournament. Yeah, it was fucking awesome. You can only imagine how many secrets all those dudes have among each other with all the stuff that goes down. I know hopefully they did their emails. Yes, oh well that's your former my emails. See what I When that came out, I'm thinking, like, I don't even email that much that much. It only takes one brother a lot of minds, like a reply in this ascent with iPhone.
Speaker 4: So did you ever email Bruce Allen? No, I flew jo you did. Wow, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. There's nothing there that nothing there like we kind of just sat on the We took it from DC down to Richmond because he wanted me to speak with him at some at some event in Richmond. And I was doing it because I thought he might help me out with the contract situation next year. But but he did, he did. Obviously he's not for the boys. For the boys, the boys, none of those up there, and a lot of boys are taking because Bruce Allen. Hey, listen, they got Sean Taylor's.
Speaker 4: Number retired this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was all time.
Speaker 4: That's an all time Washington football team. Scumbag move.
Speaker 1: What can we do? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Three days before, Yeah, hey, we got brother. Didn't even know Sean Taylor's brother was like, I didn't know, right, dude. It's the it's just typical.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a shit show there. Hey, shout out sport Clips. No free shoutouts boys. You know what I just found out recently the other day. There are two types of towels used in haircuts. One smells like a bar top at two am and used to wipe down like a child with a messy diaper. The other makes you feel like a king living in a Swedish sauna. There, it is Swedish sauna. The sport Clips MVP experience includes a hot steam towel infused with t tree oils and a massaging shampoo technique that you never knew existed. It's so relaxing. You'll feel so good afterwards and you'll look so good afterwards because sport Clips takes care of you and they are the pros and men's hair. Visit sport clips dot com today to find a sport Clips in your neighborhood. Support the boys locally, go to the sport Clips, tell them that the boy sent you. Do that sport Clips MVP experience and you'll be feeling brand speaking new each and every time. Uh, shout out the boys at sport Clips. Yeah, let's find another topic.
Speaker 4: All right, what I was gonna ask you is, so, so you have any questions. Dad's Brand's got four kids. I got two? You're about to be a father? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I don't think any off camera, so you have to. Yeah. My wife Charlo is on the bus right now. So first I'm actually listening to an episode, like being present for episode. Well, I'm saying, like being on the bus, like.
Speaker 4: Like wow, is this guy sitting in the seat just always this electric yes, because we're here.
Speaker 1: So we're sixteen weeks.
Speaker 4: We wanted to put his sweatshirt back home so hot. Right now, I'm just trying to dump my brain out so I can get into some shade under the tits.
Speaker 1: Right now, just getting fucking let's go wrap it. We're two minute offense right now. But we're seventeen weeks pregnant having a baby. Girl.
Speaker 4: I like that you said we yeah, because you're pregnant too. People forget that. Guys don't get the credit for it. Dude, I know when Taylor is going through it. I'm like, hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 8: Can I tell you one head lives matter? Can I tell you one piece of pre day advice? You can say we're pregnant until like thirty.
Speaker 4: Weeks, yes, once it gets to like the last two months or yes, you don't say we're pregnant. You say she's pregnant, because if she hears we're pregnant, she's gonna want to choke. Yes, you say, what can I get you? You can her game?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no, it's I like the by the seventh seven and a half months, it sucks so bad for the for the women. I'm I'm just being honest with you, Like it's it does. They are so much stronger than men, it's crazy. Like so yes, at that point, you just got to be like, what do you need? What can I get you?
Speaker 1: If?
Speaker 4: Like I take the dog out, I do like everything. Yeah, your credit is gone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to start taking the dog out of.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do it all to accuse her like that telling you we're just giving you what other advice you Actually, the only advice I'll ever give anyone is don't listen to anyone else's advice, which kind of makes this whole pointless.
Speaker 1: But uh, but.
Speaker 4: No, seriously, because people will always be like, oh well this, this is the hardest or this, so no one knows. Everyone's different, and you just fucking figure Half the fun is figuring it out on the fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so you agree with that. Well, it's gonna sound sentimental. I don't mean it to. This is the real talk.
Speaker 8: The first time you see that kid, oh yeah, everything changes. Every decision from then on is about that kid. And you don't know how to plan those decisions until you just do it by feel because you've seen that kid.
Speaker 4: It's actually insane. It's actually insane because I I'm sure you were you're sitting here right now like I was three years ago, where it's like, can't be that much different everything? Yeah, your whole life perspective. Yeah, completely different. So you're gonna cry too, That's okay. I cried for both my kids.
Speaker 1: Both of them, even the second one, bald. I cry for my second one. I'm bald.
Speaker 4: I was crying so hard by the fourth one. I just sent an Ober to pick it up. So how old are your kids? I have twelve?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 4: Hey, you were you're looking like this is the hardest question ever. You just you know, did you see He's like, all right, Brady, don't put you all right?
Speaker 1: Birthdays? Man, looking to this guy like he's, oh God, here we go.
Speaker 4: I knew they were going to ask me the questions today ages and saying this, but then birthdays happen and they separated.
Speaker 1: And when the birthday happens, the age changes.
Speaker 8: Correct. Yeah, so crazy really just asked me at the end of the year, so I can have one stock answer, asked you in the beginning of the end.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: So my class in the middle of the year, dude, So hang on, hang on my question to eat both of you?
Speaker 1: How do you guys do the whole content game with your families. Like when did you get a strong strong, a strong wife, a strong woman to me? Yes, assume me absolutely.
Speaker 8: I mean she understands, especially in football season, to to live the way like we want to live.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: She I'm gonna be going a lot and it stinks, but it is what it is. And she she loves the life that we're able to live and it's been fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all. Yeah, it's all credits to my wife. She's the rock of the family. I mean that sounds cliche, but I mean, like we're here right now, you know what I mean. We're not home.
Speaker 1: I'm not home.
Speaker 4: I'm in Knoxville on a Saturday. But it's the idea of like, hey, if we want to get to where we want to get to it in life, there's some sacrifices. And I'm home as much as I can't, like I go home and come go back to work, ship like that. But the other piece of advice is and it's all up to you. Because we have a bunch of dads at bars, so they all deal with it differently. I I don't share like my my kids because I want to have something for myself, you know what I mean? So, like I don't share.
Speaker 1: There's a close friends group now.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah right, so I mean obviously my co workers and my close friends see them, but like I it's just one of the it's a personal choice that I want something for myself.
Speaker 1: Are you not? No, I'm not a close friends group. Bad you don't see the photos that he on whoops.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's so that's something you have to just figure out because because like everything with the content world, if you can't put the toothpaste back in, you can't be like sharing your kid. And then if someone says something shitty about your kid, being like that's not fair, It's like, well, you made the choice.
Speaker 1: So this is part of the game.
Speaker 8: One more thing, when when you get home, you have to make a choice sometimes to be home right correct, And I think, I I take one day a week, like Sundays. I haven't been doing a lot of NFL streams. I'm just doing I stay home, I turn the phone off, I don't tweet. I just got to be home for at least one day and give them what I got and then hopefully that fills the bucket up a little bit. But sometimes you just got to turn the phone off and not be a public figure for them.
Speaker 4: Right, which is it is, Yeah, but you're gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know too, Like Charles sitting on here right now, I'm sure she's listening to that part, like, yeah, you know, Will can not be on his phone all the time because there are times it's hard.
Speaker 4: Man, you feel like it's hard. It's very very hard. At times you just gotta Yeah, it's it's very very hard. Nobody can teach you how to be a dad. You learn as you go correct and it's an incredible process. Yes, that's the truth. It really is the best, Like I know, that's that's really my advice is people try to scare you people, Like I think it's I think it's this weird thing that people do with like being parents, where they try to one up each other, like, oh my kid, like it was so hard dealing with like oh the nights. It's it's not a competition. It's fucking awesome. And I'm like already sentimental about like my kids growing up, even though my son's only two and a half.
Speaker 1: But it's like, you know how you cry a lot, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Cry a lot, but I you know, I mean the moments there's weird ship where it's like, oh this might be the last time we play with this toy or that toy.
Speaker 1: Yeh shit like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: One day I wait for your wife, one day I wait for your side piece. You'll be happy for your Guma. I think it's Fridays or for the Guma Saturdays or for the white Saturday. That's really what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one night, he did, I know, I loved I see you sweating. Honestly, you are not a I'm not I don't sweat, but I'm it's good that it just hits you hard right away. Huh, it just hits you right away hard. Thought. You guys don't have any airing here. How many minutes are we going for? No? I know how many minutes are we going? So hot? Right now? All right, I get a few more powers.
Speaker 4: You look, you look, I'm sweating a lot. I'm looking at my scores. I'm not looking anything else.
Speaker 1: When did you get with barstool in twenty nineteen? Okay, so you're you're you're newer.
Speaker 8: I'm newer. Yeah, yeah, I've been here two and a half years. I shot to the top in a hurry. But I'm really new. I'm pretty new.
Speaker 1: I would you know from the aside looking in, I would have thought you were around a lot longer than you have been. I, you know, lived a full life. A lot of a lot of people say that, yeah two years. Two years.
Speaker 8: See, I had a choice to either stay in Mississippi and do it from the side, or just diving to New York and try to get it now.
Speaker 4: And I went to New York. I think that makes me seem.
Speaker 8: Like I've been there a lot longer, Yes, because I just I just dove right in and start doing a lot of things immediately.
Speaker 4: Was there like a job opening or is this something? Oh you don't know the story, No, tell it up until your point, because I was there before. Like, so, we're in Minnesota, We're at the final four.
Speaker 1: It's Texas Tech.
Speaker 4: Virginia in the championship game, and Dave is like, I'm about to make the biggest bet of my life. I want to bet like this much money, but I can't get it down anywhere.
Speaker 1: I think you want to bet one hundred thousand dollars at the time.
Speaker 4: And it was two fifty on Texas Tech and My Bookie, the name of the you know the website, was like basically like called him out, being like, you don't actually bet that much, and Dave just went on a fucking rant like eviscerated them, fucking lit them up, like fuck my Bookie, Fuck my Bookie.
Speaker 1: Stoolies as they are. We're like, yeah, fuck my Bookie.
Speaker 4: So it happens the next day after the championship game, there is My Bookie's Twitter account goes live with a periscope and it's Brandon Walker sitting in his fucking basement or something, and Stooley's just go insane in this comment section and I'll let Brandon take it from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I was used to having about fifty to one hundred people alive. You can see on Twitter how many people are watching fifty seventy five. I was used to that were it was only six weeks old the show. I was used to seventy five people. And I looked up I went Live three two one live it went from twenty five to twelve hundred, and I was like, I have kind of an ego.
Speaker 1: For a moment, I was like, I fucking did it. I did it. There's people here, but.
Speaker 8: There were twelve hundreds and then there were two thousand, there were three thousand, and they were just because you can see the comments. They were tearing me up, talking about my hair, called me a briand of ptarth just killing.
Speaker 4: Me, killing me, killing me so funny. It's that fucking funny. They were killing me and just giving me everything they had. And I kind it if I find him going day. If I freaked out, I wouldn't have got the job. I didn't freak out. I kind of started rolling with it and giving it back to him a little bit. And that my bookie CEO called me and said, hey, we're sorry we let you into that.
Speaker 8: And then Dave blogged I should hire this guy, and my radar went up like, okay, well, what's gonna happen. He DMA the next day said I want to hire you. I said, here's my number, call me and hire me. And that's that's how.
Speaker 4: It's a credit to Brandon Walker because it was the first and last time he was able to successfully deal with the barstool commenters. That's not true at all time, no, but it was like every it was insane how many people were in there, just roasting him, and he actually like went with it, and it was like it said it all because like another person would just shut down the stream and be like not doing this. He just sat there and took it and was like what the fuck is going on? And it was so fucking funny to watch that. Dave was like, we gotta hire this guy. And Dave called me on Barstool Radio the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 8: Actually we kind of did the interview there and then he called me off. He left the studio, called me on a cell phone and hired man. An hour later, I was doing Barstool Gambling stream.
Speaker 1: Damn. It's a bit of a yeah. The rest is are you involved with the hiring process? No, I mean there's not like.
Speaker 4: Yes and no. So not like I'm never like negotiating anything with anyone. But if if I see someone funny and I bring it to Dave, they'll get hired. You most likely, if Dave sees someone funny, he'll ask my opinion about it. So it's like in that respect, yes, but yeah, I mean that one was Yeah. I think I was on the radio that day and I was like, we got to hire this guy. So yeah, in that respect, yeah, this is. The haircut is incredible. It was an all time barstool moment. Bos put some age on your and.
Speaker 1: This is the way we find people.
Speaker 4: This is like the funniest you know, like not everyone has to like copy our podcast and harass us on Twitter to get a job.
Speaker 1: It's been a good move. It's a move that's paint off.
Speaker 4: Look at us now, and I'm happy. I'm bar Stills down at the hill with the college Football show.
Speaker 1: We're here at cool Beans, bar and Grill and I love the Yeah, you love the boy, the boy, you love the boy.
Speaker 4: I don't actually have a rivalry with Taylor. I just think it's to play into that. I just think it's very funny when he texted me to be like, I will not talk to you with that.
Speaker 1: I love it because Taylor would essentially do that with other people when we were first starting, because it was always like he was the dude, like you know, he's the man, yeah radio show, but he was on like him and Rich Eisen had this like inside joke that rich will never say my name and it'll be like it's Taylor Wan's podcast. Okay, so nice, sorry, so let's keep it going. I will never I will know. When that was happening in the group ched, I was like, this is what.
Speaker 4: I all right, So I promise you I will never speak to Taylor Luan ever again in my entire life without you.
Speaker 1: President. That's what I have him on the street.
Speaker 4: I will I won't even wave, I'll walk right by, or I'll FaceTime you and be like, all right, now, let's do it.
Speaker 1: This final ad is brought to you by Roman. Listen up, boys, because we were just talking. We were just talking after this podcast with a Brandon and Bigcat. Brandon was talking about how he was struggling in the bedroom and thanks to Roman, he's feeling a lot better and performing a lot better in the bedroom. Most guys have tried different ways to last longer, but thinking about football doesn't always work. The folks at Roman, an online men's health company, are changing the game with Roman Swipes, the secret to longer lasting sex. Roman Swipes are clinically proven to make you last way longer in bed. They're effective, easy to use in fast acting, but they don't even require a prescription. Roman can ship swipes to you in discrete, unmarked packaging, and each swipe in each Swipes packet is small enough to hide in your wallet for whenever you need it. You're that GP They're super easy to use. Just take the swipes out of the packet, swipe it on that little boy downstairs with that big boy, let it dry, and you're good to go. That's it. Go to get Roman dot com slash busting' or that big boy. So yeah, swipe it on that cute little boy downstairs and you'll be ready to go. Go to get Roman dot com slash bussing. You can get your first month of swipes for just five dollars when you choose a monthly plane. That's get Roman dot com slash Busting. Now I'm pissed off your dude, So I know I've everybody can watch your story in the documentary, But is there any tidbits along the way that isn't really known or isn't really documented Because your whole your whole journey's been documented. It's like, bro, like where you're at compared to what Yeah, it's it's nuts.
Speaker 4: I would say that the craziest part about like barstool, and I think about this often is like the fact that like Dave and Kevin and I and John and Fidelberg and Gazz and Hank and you know Kymark is still around, like all these guys that like we're kind of that big wave when it wasn't just Dave, like are all still together. And it's it's crazy to me because you see it in all types of businesses, media, sports.
Speaker 1: It's hard to keep a team together. And there have been bumps.
Speaker 4: There have been times when Dave and I have fought, or Kevin and I have fought, or Kevin and David egos take off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's.
Speaker 4: It's actually like a testament to I think every party involved and also just like the loyalty and the belief in like what we're trying to do that we're able to stick it through because it had there there's been moments where it's been like I don't know, man, like this is you know, this is tough for like we're not getting along or but it's.
Speaker 1: Always kind of it always we're always able to like see through it when what are a couple of situations where you look back on and you're like, man, hey, boys, remember that one time, Like I'm glad we got over that hurdle because I mean actually almost fell apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the barcel Van talk was a big one. Like obviously that getting canceled sucked. You talking about with ESPN, Yeah, that sucked. And I think there was some like you know a little bit of like tension around that time between you guys like that and just between like every everyone's like, well, like Dave had to do what he had to do because we were getting attacked, but we also were like, well, we'd like to keep this show. That one was the best learning experience ever because that one was the moment Like all throughout my Barstool career, I've been like, all right, like is there a next step do I have to be thinking about? Like because you can't blog forever, you know what I mean, you can't do this forever. And then after that moment, I was like, wait, I can do this forever. Like Barstool is bigger than ESPN in some respects, Like we are the show, Like we don't have to our success isn't like getting to the next level so to speak, you know what I mean, just create the next level exists here. So it was actually as much as it sucked in the moment, it was the greatest, most freeing moment of my career because I was like, you know, what's awesome is having a job you love people, you love working with, and you control your content and your fan base. You love your fan base, fan base loves you like I truly love you know, the stoolies and everyone who supports, and not having to be like we need to be on ESPN or we need to be on NBC or we need to be on Fire.
Speaker 1: No, I We're good where we are.
Speaker 4: So like, figuring out that lane and being comfortable with it was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Seriously, And I know people will be like, oh, you're just saying that because it got canceled.
Speaker 1: I truly believe it.
Speaker 4: Like I look back and I'm like, why exactly did I want to have an ESPN show? You know what I mean, I don't know. It was barely remember like what it went down? Like Dave fired back at Ith, Yeah, well, I mean it was old stuff. And again I don't blame Dave, I don't blame anyone. It was it was stupid for us to think that ESPN, like ESPN thought that they could get us without getting all barstool, and we thought we could go on ESPN and not have like the two companies clash, which was very stupid at the time looking back at it, but it also was just like I think about it, I'm like, why exactly did I want to be on TV? And I look back and I'm like, that was a very foolish not immature, but like this idea that I need to be like my success need to be validated by television was is silly now looking back, Like I would so much if you told me to tomorrow you can have a show on ESPN, I'd say, absolutely not. I don't want it, I say, And I know that sounds crazy, but I would not, Like I would much rather do the podcast I like to do. I would might much rather do the videos I like to do. Like if I could do anything.
Speaker 1: For the rest of my life, it's like i'd call rough and rowdy do barstool.
Speaker 4: Sports advice, like you know what I mean, Like, there's no I don't need I don't need the other stuff. So that was that was a big moment. There was a lot of tension, but it was we got through it. Yeah, So those are like it's it's just very interesting to think about, like the moments that happen that maybe especially for a company that's so open, there are moments that haven't fully been told that have been like gotten us stronger and we've all gotten through it, and it's it's like interesting to look back at those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have some you want to add?
Speaker 8: Brandon, Oh, I mean I can't really to day was texting me and asking me where the burger joint is. Uh. I can't really add to what he says because he lived that I didn't live, and he's reached the level that everybody that he helps.
Speaker 1: Along with the company is hoping to reach his level.
Speaker 8: But I will say the reason that ESPN is not the destination soon the reason ESPN is not the destination TV is not the destination that people ascribe to and try to get to just because guys like him, him and p f T building this thing that they built and building this connection with people that means you don't have to go to ESPN.
Speaker 1: And we do it on our own terms. That's the part that I love.
Speaker 4: You can sit in the bus with these chairs and you can do it. And went try to kill us. These guys broke the mold of that. Like before them in sports, there wasn't a whole lot that you could do outside of getting to ESPN or Fox or someone just go.
Speaker 1: To journalism school and all the other sing right, yeah, but and he won't he won't say it, but I will.
Speaker 4: I mean, but I think it's that just like yeah, I mean that, yeah, barstool in general, but like knowing who you are and like knowing I think it's more than anything like in this gonna sound very sappy, but maybe it's part of partly being the dad, but like just being very content with what you have instead of always being like I want more, I need this, I need that, because there was a part where I always was looking for that, you know what I mean. Yeah, And now if you told me I could do exactly what I'm doing for maybe not exactly because I'm like running myself dead in the football season, but pretty much my job for the rest of however long I want to work, I'd be like, Yes, that's incredible. I don't need anything else.
Speaker 1: It's just nuts because you guys did basically pioneer and inspire pretty much all the masses that if you have a phone in your pocket, you have this low barrier entry on getting in this media world, and the fact that you guys have created so much relevance and a following from it and kept it and you just continue to build off of it. I think gets slept on where I got kind of got reminded. I was looking at the Forbes article on Eddie the other day. Yeah, he had that awesome article because whoever wrote it, I forget who the writer is, please credit him. But he's talking about these high barrier to entry jobs like a professional actor. And then basically you're getting in this media and entertainment world and anyone with the phone or the internet can be in this world.
Speaker 4: And Eddie, I've known Eddie for a very long time. Eddie has wanted it for a very long time, like.
Speaker 1: Five year internship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the part that people sometimes don't fully realize is like a lot of the guys and girls at Barstool were working their ass off to get to Barstool and then kept on working even more once they got there. Yeah, Like a lot of times I think people will be like, oh, I'm funny, I want to work for Barstool.
Speaker 1: It's like, but there's a lot that you know, you got it. There's a lot of work ethic that goes into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that like a guy like Eddie all all all my Chicago guys, like all those guys were grinding their asses off for a very long time.
Speaker 1: So it's like those guys are all awesome.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, they're yeah, brand I mean, that's the thing with Brandon wasn't working at barstool, but he was grinding in a in the sports adjacent world, in sports world, and like all of that got to him to a place where he was to be plucked by bars.
Speaker 1: Right, and now you're still you're still creating stuff like you have a new show, don't you how many dude, how much time? We don't have enough time to go through all yeah saying this year you made busting mull and arrows ass all the time. Well that's it. That was a friendly thing. We're all.
Speaker 8: We're all good now. But listen, you can't have two teams, John two second comes back.
Speaker 1: You can't have two teams. I disagree. I think you can have a few teams. Well, no, you can't talk about to route for the Titans.
Speaker 4: That's different you know from Yeah, that's different, that's different.
Speaker 1: Somewhere that that's totally yes, yes, yes, that's totally different. I didn't but I'll we'll edit that part out so people think I have a house wherever I play it. Oh, do you live on this bus? Yeah? How much money did you make in your NFL career pre tax? Yes? I mean you can look it up, but you didn't have to answer.
Speaker 4: That wasn't bank account will It was too nice, dude, what is your what is your twenty eighteen tax return return?
Speaker 1: The reason I answer is because like, like you just google it, but it makes it easier for me to ask people what they make because I'm like, you can look mine up. Yeah, that's true. That is true. We interrupt this episode because we forgot to do the fucking Deal of the Week by JP Hovey. JP Hovey's deals are flying off the shelves. I don't know how many people went to Smoothie King, but a lot of my boys were text me saying they went to Smoothie King for the five dollars Fridays. Since we didn't hit the JP Hovey Deal of the Week, I'm gonna bring his ass up here right now. He's gonna sit in the seat and he's gonna deliver the hottest, best deal of the week. That's you know, served hot fresh. JP, get up here, man, ready, Hey, the week I got you.
Speaker 7: If you want to chime in.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm sending in the back. This is what the back of the bus feels like. It feels good. Right here. What's the deal of the week? Man delivered to u's Hot.
Speaker 3: Ready listen to Deal of the week. As y'all know, the boy all went to Knoxville last week, right, Yeah, they went to Knoxville. I was not in Knoxville. Will told me JP, Sorry, you can't come to Knoxville. You gotta go find the Deal of the week. I was like, all right, bet, I drove to South Carolina. The Deal of the week this week is on Wednesdays. This episode comes out on Wednesdays. I'm doing you guys all the favor. You're listening to this at six am. This can be your breakfast. You listen at six pm. This can be your dinner.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, five dollars sushi Wednesdays at Publics or Kroger, and that's your deal of the week. Let's go, man, Yes, sir, Hey, we'll come back up here.
Speaker 6: I get that all the time.
Speaker 4: You two deals that I go to.
Speaker 1: The all right back, yes, yeah, well, I appreciate you guys for being on. I know you you got the college football I got.
Speaker 4: I actually tell you I did a smart move to save Brandon's life. There's how much I love this guy. I texted Spider about ten minutes ago and dropped a pin and said, can you bump the ac and come get us?
Speaker 1: So there we go.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 1: I promise you when you step off this bus, it's gonna feel so amazing.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have like a million people who are standing out here. I know everybody's been obsessed with Brandon. No, no, it'll be all right, do you guys, No one knows the whole time. Alex, I know it's hot. So we get delusional and forget questions or anything. Do we have any questions?
Speaker 1: Do you see the bus? All right? Drop a pin. We'll walk to you. Drop a pin? Can I get one of them?
Speaker 8: Sort?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, we'll be there in a second. I don't think we wait what was there? Was there any follow ups?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do have Mama. There we go plus three. But I have Purdue. I have Purdue. I've I produe. Go up, scroll up, scroll up.
Speaker 1: This is just this is stuff that everyone's gonna want to hear five days later, I'm.
Speaker 9: Gonna sayfolio, yeah, okay, we got a question, yes, all right, So he asked, what's look like working with Steve Finer?
Speaker 4: Working with Stu Finer is incredible and scary and wild and every like what you see is what you get with Stu. The one thing I'll say about Stu he is so he's a psycho. You see it. He's always on. Stu Finer might be like the nicest human being alive. Like he has a heart of gold. He's like a family man. Threw it through every time I see him, ask how my family's doing. He bought my fucking son, my one year old son on his one one birthday a p S five.
Speaker 1: I was like, Stu, he's one. PS five, He's.
Speaker 4: One is like a few games that were like he was like fucking games?
Speaker 1: Does he want what you want? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But he yeah, he's the best. I love him. That's like Stu Finer.
Speaker 1: You could do it.
Speaker 4: We could do a whole other podcast where we just like go down the roster and talk about like origin stories and how funny it is. But Stu is someone that I remember watching like way back in the day because I've always loved gambling.
Speaker 1: Same with Dave.
Speaker 4: We mocked him on a skit with P M T and then found out he lived in Long Island, hit him up, he came in, and then the rest is history. Like that's that's something like Stu Finer is just like a perfect barstool story.
Speaker 8: There's not a whole lot of people that can walk in the building and change the mood of the entire floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does that when he is there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's partial because he's just handing out we handing out weed. Yeah, changed the mood pretty quickly.
Speaker 8: He kisses me on the cheek every week. Yeah, Like I have to have been down for him to do it. It's a considerable It embarrasses me every time.
Speaker 1: It happens all the time. Yeah, that's not that's fake. That's him. None of that's fake. That is him. Yep. Yeah, that's an I'm sure when you get to his house you just go straight to his wife and you're like, how do you do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've met her a couple of times. She's a very very caring and patient woman. Does she yell to No, not at all. She's very soft. Assume most of the wives of Barcelo. You can say patient one, yes, very patient, very very patient. Yes, but Stu, I've been to his house. His house is incredible, sweet.
Speaker 1: Of your patient.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't wait till he gets to seven and a half months and he's still saying.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get your getting the car gone home? We yeah, we Hey, you need me to come right? Oh man, all right, I think we're done. Boys. All right, appreciate you guys. This is awesome. Yeah, hey, trust me, you're not initiated. Now you get to tell people, a we sweated on the bus. Everybody else gets the you know.
Speaker 4: Who's not here? Who's not who's a fucking no show? Dave, no tailor? That's he's football game? What's harder watching for me? Give him another five sacks? I actually I actually did. That was the last time I texted him on the side. Was his speech that he gave the week after was I actually thought it was one of the best like athlete speeches I've ever seen. Which speech it was when he was it was after he was so he head. He talked about getting booed, and it was like, this is like this is kind of whenever people like we want athletes to be honest, Taylor talking about that experience. That was what people should like watch and be like, oh, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Athletes are always like afraid to say anything right and other than the company lines. Yes, so shout out. I'll shout out the other boy, Taylor. Okay, there we go. That's a good one. Big shout out to you, guys. If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Bust with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the boys climb the charts, and again, we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like. If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Busting with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere. Go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal. But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys always and forever,