Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Melissa is on the phone today for our first Date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Austin. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Melissa, how long has it been since you heard from Austin.
Speaker 3: It's been about a week.
Speaker 4: So did you try to reach out to him?
Speaker 3: I have, Yeah, I mean I just kind of distinct him for a wonderfull time and I would love to do it again soon. And I hadn't heard of anything, but I thought, you know, our date was really solid, so I'm I'm really surprised.
Speaker 4: Sure, why don't you tell us about the date?
Speaker 3: Sure? Okay, Well we met on bumble. You know, I was instantly attracted to him, just to set you up, you know, just to know the backstory a little bit before the date, Like, you know, we had talked for a couple of weeks and you know, we had some really great phone conversations, so like then take a pation to meet in person was like super high. We met at an indoor mini golf arcade place and we like kissed right away. It was it felt like we were magnets.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I really haven't felt like something like this before. It starts for flying. The date was just super hot and exciting, so yeah, I didn't want the night to end. And we went back to Austin. We started talking about life flowers staring at the sky from the falcony and we hooked up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like the chemistry was just crazy.
Speaker 4: When you kissed right away, describe like what what happened there.
Speaker 3: So, since we were talking for a couple of weeks and it was building up, I already felt really familiar, like I've known him. So when I saw him waiting for me at the front, I just like instantly like ran up to him and he like scooped me up, and it was like out of a movie.
Speaker 5: Like oh wow, okay, sounds like yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Like that dirty dancing scene, you know, like were you you know, and it just felt so spontaneous and we just instantly felt super comfortable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was really sweet. So anyway, I left in the morning, and you know, I told him verbally like I can't wait to see him again, and you know, I joked that, you know, he better call me and he said, of course, and that was it. And I'm so confused.
Speaker 5: Did anything happen like that would have made him not call you back?
Speaker 3: I mean, the only thing that I can think about was like, I do have a kid, and I wasn't completely upfront with him, but like I needed to know like that something was really there, that it really was real and human being met like I knew that it was. It's just like a hard thing to slip in when you're on an amusing leet. But as I was leaving, I told him I I need to get home.
Speaker 4: To my kid, and okay, and that's.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, And I kept it light. I didn't like really want to get into it, just because I really was in a rush. But I felt like maybe he was like processing that news as I was leaving. I don't know, he seemed like he internalized it, but it seemed like we you know, I did say, let's talk about it next time, and it seemed like that was definitely a conversation like I'm open to have being NFL Like he's someone that would also be open having that conversation. That's just why I'm just surprised, because he seems like a really open person.
Speaker 5: Well, you could be processing though, because you know, if real feelings are starting to develop at that point, then you really have to ask yourself, like, Okay, you know what role am I going to play with somebody that has a child?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: How does that work? We'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come Back, and then call him and seefa tell us why he's ghosting, maybe get you another date?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll play a song come back. Get your first date follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of your first Date follow up if you're just joining us, Melissa is on the phone and Melissa is getting ghosted by Austin. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Melissa, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I met this incredible guy off of bumb We talked for a couple of weeks. We went on this like mind blowing date we hooked up. The chemistry was off the charts, and lo and behold, I flippen when I'm walking out the door, I tould get home to my kid, and I feel like I sleeked him out and I haven't heard from him since, and it's been a week.
Speaker 5: Because that was the first time that you told him that you had a kid, was when you were leaving.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I do feel like we, you know, coming in hot with our chemistry. I just felt like it wasn't ever the right time to really unpass that. But I feel like that's what a second seat would before.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Please, Okay, here we go. I man speak to Austin. Please, Austin. What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: This is Jewbil. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jewbil Show. Kay, Austin. I'm Nena also on this I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: That's overwhelming.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 6: So I'm on the call with three people here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you ever listened to the Jubil Show before?
Speaker 6: I believe so. Well.
Speaker 2: We do a segment on the show it's called the First Aid follow Up. That's where if you go out on a day with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can ask us to email you and ask why you're ghosting. And we got an email about you, Austin, you have any idea who it would be?
Speaker 4: If I feel like you do.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's probably Melissa.
Speaker 4: You are correct, sir, So you're intentionally ghosting her.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I would use the word ghosting. I kind of yeah. I did put some space there and then call her.
Speaker 4: Do you mind telling us why she wants to know? Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, it's kind of complex. I feel like when people want to get together that they should have a clean space for each other.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Please space?
Speaker 6: So she's she's got a whole situation going on with her. Really, I don't know if she's if she lives with her she has, if she had a kid. I always say this without putting any story in.
Speaker 7: So we we stay stayed together at my place, and it was like in the morning, I'm half asleep because we you know, we have some drinks. We had a good time, and her phone's going off but constantly, and I'm and I'm like, is that my phone? No? No, no, Oh, it's hers, okay, and you know, she's texting and doing whatever, and then she picks up the phone. She thinks I'm asleep, I'm sure, and she's like whispering, but she's like she sounds really tense, like someone's barking at her on the phone, and I hear her saying like, oh, no, no, no, I have too much to drink, so I'm staying at her friend's house.
Speaker 6: I'll be home soon.
Speaker 7: And I was like, like what, And then before she hangs up, I could hear it be like you two, which to me was like somebody just said I love you, right, And so I'm standing there like like what up.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can come.
Speaker 7: From the radio, but like, you know, waiting for her to maybe tell me something. And then she chance to get home to her kid, which, okay, you have a kid. I don't know why you're telling me now, and you can tell me earlier, but I mean, it's not going to make me ghost you.
Speaker 6: But I'm waiting there for.
Speaker 7: Her to explain further. But then she just leaves, and I'm like, is she's going home to my husband and I a baby daddy?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: She said something about a baby daddy, like I'm oh, I'm so sorry my baby daddy were waking you up or whatever. She kind of briefed it out like it meant nothing, and I'm like, you're telling me that you're answering the phone from your baby daddy. Clearly you're going home to him, and that's a whole situation.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 6: No, the conversation that.
Speaker 7: She was happy, I couldn't make out exactly what she was saying, but clearly there's this guy who's borderline yelling at her and she's like, no, I'm sorry, I don't know. I just got drunk. I'm staying at her friend's. I'll be home soon. I heard her say i'll be home soon. That's really messy.
Speaker 6: And I had a.
Speaker 7: Great time with her, and it was a very passionate date and we really hit it off. Shockad, Wow, so you're getting involved with me. It's so intense, but you have a whole situation here.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for telling us. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And now I'll let you know that she's actually on the phone listening and wants to stop to you.
Speaker 3: Hi, Austin, Yeah, happy to hear it. Yeah, I mean, this was my idea to have you on the radio, so I wanted to hear your side of the story. All I can say is that, yes, my child's father. You know, he is still in love with me, and I just felt like it's best right now to keep him happy while you know, we have our son, so I play along, but we are definitely not together.
Speaker 4: So he thinks you're together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but for our.
Speaker 3: Kids, you know, because we want to have a family unit for him, and it's not fair to a kid just because we didn't work out that we have a divided family, that.
Speaker 4: You're with him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, like I said, like it's for our kid right now, it's a temporary situation until it changes.
Speaker 6: Well listen, listen.
Speaker 7: Obviously, we had a great time and we connect at a very deep level physically, We're drawn to each other, like I can't even explain it with words. It's very noble that you put your child first, but at the end of the day, you basically have a boyfriend. He thinks that all he has to do is work harder to get you if he's not all the way there. It is just so dramatic.
Speaker 3: It's like, like, for what it's worth, he knows.
Speaker 7: That that's what you say. That's what you say, And with all due respect, men don't.
Speaker 6: See it like that.
Speaker 7: They see it as you're just adjusting and he's going to eventually get you.
Speaker 6: And at the end of the day, you know, I know.
Speaker 7: You say you're playing along, but obviously he said I love you and you said you too.
Speaker 3: So no matter what you yeah, I do the person I'm.
Speaker 5: Lovely, So that's going to be an awkward thing to hear. Anyway, you're laying next to somebody else.
Speaker 7: I think if you clean up your situation, it takes a little bit of growing and you make final what the relationship is with him, Like if you're not with him, he has to know that, and he can't think there's a chance and hit me up sometimes. But Melissa, let me ask you, what do you do you sleep in the same bed.
Speaker 3: With him, Melissa, I'm not gonna lie to you. Yes, but it's for our kids.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you have no business even talking to me. And that sucks to say because I had a great time with you, but you have nobody too.
Speaker 3: I just know that I won't find chemistry like we have ever again. And I hate to see that guy and I feel like, I you know how to shoot my shot? I guess you know. So you know I tried.
Speaker 2: Well, Austin, would you like to go out with and Melissa again? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: I can't do that right now. I mean, in a year, if things change, call me back up, give us a free date.
Speaker 3: But right now I respect that, and you know, I'll clean up my situation and I hope you don't meet someone else, and I'll call you however long it takes. You know, I'll circle back.
Speaker 4: Good luck, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jamie's first day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney Online at advocateslaw dot com