Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises, SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories.
Speaker 4: Done done, Yay, that's messed up an sv podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm Liza Trigger.
Speaker 1: And I'm Kara Klank And every week it's SVU recaps true crime, deep dives and interviews with fun people. But first it's occasionally freaking out about what's going on in the world, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Catching up. I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: This is, you know, obviously we record like not the day before the episodes come out, So this is the day after the election here in LA and we don't have the final results yet, but nothing's looking good. I mean, I don't understand why we can't have nice things, like why can't we You guys got a mom Donnie we just wanted am.
Speaker 2: I mean, but Mom Donnie is an angel, but like just not Spencer Pratt. It's like two, Like, yes, I think you would have been fine if it was just like a sewer rat I think is better than this guy. And I can't believe there's that many people in la including a hairstylist we know that are like, yeah, he's the he's smart.
Speaker 3: So do these people think that they're so stupid that he's.
Speaker 2: Better than them? I he's the option, Like, what is it? What is it? Did they do too many mushrooms at Joshua Tree?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: I think they're like, well, they're all rich I assume, yes, regious ciders.
Speaker 1: Mostly it's mostly rich Westsiders, and they like hate on house people and think that he's got the same views as them. At the same time, it's like an embarrassingly low number of people that have voted, Like I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: But there's also a lot of people that are like me and have my beliefs. I still wouldn't want them to lead my city. I know.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why that I want to have a beer with him. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We feel the same way about the homeless, like, okay, can he read?
Speaker 3: Can he?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I mean, anti intellectualism has been an issue for a while, and I learned that because of Friendly Bullet's in twenty eleven. But yes, it's like how much further anti smart? Like I don't get why we don't want people smarter than us leading. I don't get that. Yeah, people have so much to say about Nithia.
Speaker 1: It's like she like went to Harvard and mit, she's an urban planner, Like she has more experience than a guy who sold crystals. I don't know, can't we talk about this. We've talked about this guy a lot. I just like think it's also just sad, Like I'm looking at the election results that have been updated as of seven am that day after the election. I mean only it's like the votes are like four hundred thousand people in a city of millions, Like they're really just aren't that many, and like only sixty percent of the votes have been tallied.
Speaker 3: But like I'll be surprised.
Speaker 2: If like the fact that it's even this close and there is insane.
Speaker 1: It's insane, I know. So I think I think that, like if it does end up being Bass versus Pratt, she'll win. But then I get Hillary Trump PTSD because like we said, how could this possibly happen? You know, and now it's like literally the exact same thing. And people hate Bass, I would say more than they hated Hillary because she's already been the mayor, Like she's the incumbent, so people don't like what she's been doing.
Speaker 3: Oh so anyway, it's annoying. It's sad. A lot of people were texting me that they were freaking out.
Speaker 2: But I also don't even know how he has the money to run, oh because he's being funded like most from people outside of California or LA, like it's Republican people they like love to see LA look stupid and like suffer because we're like a symbol of.
Speaker 3: I don't know, liberalism. Yeah, shit, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, California should really stop funding the rest of the country. Yeah, I think California should stop sending their happy cow cheese and stop funding.
Speaker 3: I think to stop helping. I think we should sustge. I do too. I think we should succeed.
Speaker 1: If we're the seventh largest economy in the world, let's go on our let's go solo.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, someone there's a comment. He's always annoying. He's just a friend of a friend. So I try to be open and like, you know, see, yeah, like I want to try to understand.
Speaker 3: He's just so fucking annoying. But he lives in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Everywhere to live in New York is fine, but he was like, when you live in Manhattan, like I live in Brooklyn, it feels nice, Like it feels nice to like leave and be like I'm in my little home.
Speaker 3: Do you get that? Like do you ever?
Speaker 2: And I go, no, I'm in the center of the universe and I walk home from all of my spots.
Speaker 3: And then he felt stupid. I'm like, I don't know what you're trying to do.
Speaker 2: I don't hate Brooklyn, but you're trying to make it seem terrible that I live, like and probably, yeah, I was just like so annoying to me, so annoying to me. Yeah, yeah, I just like to leave and be like in my quiet little pocket. And it's like, okay, I like to see Spike Lee on my street, you dumb bitch. And then when I was like, well, I walk home every day, he was like, oh fuck. And it's like, yeah, I don't know why you're trying to compete. You will always lose. You will always lose, Like I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah this way, where does Where did you go?
Speaker 2: And then he goes, but don't you want to like live close to your friends? I go, I mean people want to come here but it's like it doesn't kill me to go to to Brooklyn, Like no, it's like three stops on the d R end, Like what are in Brooklyn? It's you know, he bothers me bleep the name came see but like, you know, my good friend like fucking loves I.
Speaker 1: You think it's so crazy to act like you are leaving the hustle bustle of Manhattan to go to like what uh quiet hamlet in upstate New York when you're going to Brooklyn, Like it's also part of the city, Like what it's like so a part of it?
Speaker 3: I go to dinner.
Speaker 2: But my friend's he's like, don't you don't you want to be close like to your friends, And I'm like I don't. I that's irrelevant. We're in a city. I have friends off the l that's one stop.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I lived on the Upper West Side and no one lived around.
Speaker 3: The point is what are you trying to do? What are you trying to do?
Speaker 2: That's where I'm coming from, Like what what game are you trying to play?
Speaker 1: The Brooklyn is more ideal than Manhattan game, I gues sure, and.
Speaker 2: Then you lose because I know what you want and it's like you will never have the life I have, you know what I mean, Like you'll never like, I don't know, you'll never walk home from your spots.
Speaker 3: I guess like it's no. But I also would.
Speaker 2: Never act like this because Brooklyn's awesome and I love my friend's apartments and I love going to places there, and it's I don't see it as this thing, but I just like, why.
Speaker 3: Are we at dinner and you're trying to like do something weird.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, I just yeah from Spencer Well, I was thinking, wow, I just love mom, Donnie, And then I was like this, mother, I just like separating myself.
Speaker 3: Don't you feel that?
Speaker 2: And it's like, well, if I did, I would do it because it's not that hard to live in Brooklyn, like you know what I mean, Like if I wanted to separate, I could, but that's not what I want because I like to walk downstairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even understand the amount of dogs I saw today and like so many cute Well I was reading, so I was reading at the outside the coffee shop. I would say fifteen just like yeah, fifteen dogs like top line dogs, English bulldogs, Weeni dogs. One sat next to me while the guy went into the coffee shop and he let the dog sit with me.
Speaker 1: I mean it was just like heaven secret life of pets happening for Oh my god, like lives I have secret lives.
Speaker 3: I love it. Wait, I really want to see Stop that Train. Well crazy.
Speaker 2: I was sitting at my coffee shops uh last week, and the writer of that movie walked in. She's like with she's dating a man. I know, like I know both of them, but like they both walked in. I was like, oh my god. And they were there for the New York premiere and I can't. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna see it. Of course you're going to see it. In what world would you not have seen it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: It's just like it comes out like the day I leave for a cross country road trip, and so I have to.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm sure you're gonna have to leave your kids in a hotel at one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna be at like the Grand Canyon and I'm gonna be like looking up an AMC.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I still haven't seen Devil Wor's Prota two. I have to see Obsession. I want to see back rooms.
Speaker 3: You still haven't seen Devil Wors Prota two.
Speaker 2: No, I've been busy reading, well not even I have a lot of jobs. I work, I do show yeahs, I try. I just like haven't had the time to go. I would love it, But I also now have an urge to see Obsession even more.
Speaker 3: White Why because it's enticing I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Obsession that's amazing and what my and I've been hearing that it's amazing, and I've actually heard it's better than back rooms if you can only pick one. It's about like going to obsession, according to my friend. But I just wondered when you said even more. I thought maybe there was like something that you heard about it or something recently that made you want to go see it more.
Speaker 3: No, I think just the element of surprise, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Devil Wars proud Of for me is nostalgia and then I have a friend in it, so that's exciting and that should trump a surprise.
Speaker 3: But I guess not.
Speaker 2: When I saw Mortal Kombat too ahead of it, It's like, I don't know what's happening to me.
Speaker 1: The yeah, because you saw Mortal Kombat That's why I was confused.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't want to see the Devils it in Vegas in a strip.
Speaker 3: Mall right, yeah, I want to see it in New York City.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. My niece sent me a photo and she's like, can I have this dress? And it's the dress I wore for like my eighth grade graduation, and it's so cute that my clothes level.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, for a while she was like everything you have is disgusting except your big sweatshirts, and then now she's like, can I have this dress?
Speaker 3: And then like, yeah, it's so exciting.
Speaker 1: I was just looking up the writer from Stop That Train, and I don't know who either of these writers are, but I'm seeing that Simone is listed as a star. Did I even tell you in my when I was telling you the story about my night at Fat Slut that I was just talking to somebody for like five minutes and it was Simone and I like just didn't recognize her, damn. And we were just talking and then I like turned around and my friend goes, I think she like won drag race, and I go, is that fucking Simone? She was yeah, You've been talking to her for like five minutes. I was like, I turned back around and I was like, Simone, I'm sorry. I was like, we've met before. I can't believe I didn't say like I didn't like realized it was you.
Speaker 3: She was like, it's not no word.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, we met at the Bros premiere remember, but like she was like in her boy drag, so it was hard to you know, and looked different, has like a different hairstyle, and I was like very thrown off, but exciting that she's a lead in this movie.
Speaker 3: What other queens are in it? I'm orange yet? Who else?
Speaker 2: Roc Klane, Jane and Jimbo performed at like pier Something was having a heated rivalry Pride Night.
Speaker 3: Jujub's in it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So Brooklyn Heights goes by brock hah on on IMDb. So interesting to not go by your drag name on IMDb, because some people do, most people do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was also this drag queen who is on with one of the queen it's all mixing together, but she was kind of shading on all the queens that do boy drag and aren't dressing up for their podcasts and stuff. But then other people are like, that's the dream, Like you're so famous, you can be in your boy drag And so I thought that was interesting and I'm not a part of the culture, so I could care do whatever you want. Oh my god, did you see the clip from Langston and David Borri's podcasts and Bob's on it.
Speaker 3: When they're talking about hot rappers.
Speaker 2: No, She's basically like, Langston, do you think you're a good looking guy?
Speaker 3: How good looking do you think you are?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Are you a six?
Speaker 2: And He's like no, I'm like an E And like they're debating how hot and then Bob's like, do you think you're hotter than everyone in this room? And David's like, what the fuck are you trying to do at this podcast?
Speaker 3: But it's like very very fun and I love Bob.
Speaker 1: So, guys, just buddy that you've said that, because Luscio's Massacre was on Bob's podcast and was like shading people that go out and boy drag and Bobby that's who I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the tiff that I see. I watch ye, and so I was like curious at your point of.
Speaker 3: View about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, like I think that what Lush just was talking about, Like you know Tricksy and Katya do their podcast. I think when you get to a certain level of fame, Yeah, that's the fucking dream. People recognize you and whatever you're wearing, like, and that's the dream.
Speaker 3: And getting in drag is so fucking hard and painful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bob's book is every bookstore I go to, like Front and Center.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. Oh, really really cool.
Speaker 1: Wait, we gotta wait, but did you see the clip of Bory and Langston and Bob talking about who's the hottest rapper?
Speaker 3: Know who?
Speaker 1: They say? Oh, it was hilarious. It's like one of the most hilarious conversations.
Speaker 3: Bory is like Bory's like, I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: With method Man, and like method Man is hot, and like Bob is like method Man, Like Bob cannot believe it. He's gagged and he's like, wait, I think I got to look up what method Man looks like. And then they never like yeah, okay, and then it was just hilarious, like I can't, like I really can't.
Speaker 3: I feel like I guess Magic is cute but not hot.
Speaker 1: Chance yes, And then Langston or I think, Langston said not jay Z No, No, no, he said, oh why am I blinking? Why am I blinking? Oh my god, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Tupac's hot? Does it have to be alive? No, I don't think so. I was thinking about Tupac also, or but I would want to have sex with fifty cent. But I don't know if he's the top hot, but he's and he's like so so jacked asap asap.
Speaker 3: Rocky is hot. Yeah, that's who Langston said.
Speaker 1: Langston was like Ace and then they were like, okay, now we can all get on the same page. Like, now we can all get on the same page. No, I think it's Tupac for me. Yeah, I was trying to think. I mean, like, I just love Luda so much. I don't think Luda's like necessarily like the hottest. I just like love his actual He's a little guy. He's a little guy. I mean, I think Chance is pretty little and he wasn't I said, he's cute, not hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I also only know like seven rappers, so this isn't fair. Like I'm looking at a list of rappers and I'm like, I don't know these people. Oh yeah, like I don't know who. I mean, Cardi b is the hottest. Yeah, they were talking about dudes. They were doing dudes. But oh speaking well and bob best friend Matteo. It was announced as we're recording today. I already got my tickets ahead of time, so there was no issues. But Matteo Lane is Billy Flynn in Chicago the musical on Broadway for.
Speaker 1: I already sent him a text in Italian to congratulate him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure he loved that. Yeah, that's like so exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really fucking he's perfect and we got I got orchestra Rosy, so.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be able to like see you. I hope. No, it's to the side.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can focused on the audio, you know, it's like pandemonium.
Speaker 3: Maybe at the end, I don't know. I was debating.
Speaker 2: I had a limit for how much I wanted to spend because I want to see it a few times, and it was like front row mezzanine and her clothes, and I was like, I think I'd rather see my friend close.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do we know does do it? Does? Yeah? Chris Roxy, Yeah, it's Christa Rodriguez. I think that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she was on Caleb's podcast and so that's how I knew about her and I loved their episode. So I'm super excited that it's not a Mormon housewife and an actual Broadway star because I saw it with arionomatics and like fine, fun whatever, but like, I'm excited to see this like actual Broadway superstar.
Speaker 3: Oh and she was in Smash, which is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, So today, while you're listening to this, it is my mom's birthday. So I am like just scrolling Instagram and I see a post kind of shitting on the Target Pride collection and like the things that they're selling, and someone's videotaping this thing and going, is this really what you're fucking selling? Target? This is so stupid, And it's because they're uncultured. It is two little birds in a boat and they're dressed like the ending of the movie Some Like It Hot, which is my mom's number one favorite movie. So I get to gift her like little cute birds dressed as Jack Lemon and whoever that other actor is in the end of the movie, like the famous scene, Like, well, nobody's perfect and there's a little boat, and I feel like my mom is gonna lose her mind.
Speaker 3: And I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Wait, you said they're little ducks, they're little birds. Are like little birds here. I'll send you the link because they're like so fucking cute. But I didn't know why I was.
Speaker 1: I also love that somebody trying to like shit on the Target Pride collection brought you to spending more money at Target.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 2: But I don't know the references of the other birds, Like there's a bunch, there's a lot of birds in this. Okay, let me go to the here. I just sent you the link to the sun like a hot birds. You can look at it too, Gay, that should take me to I'm gonna dop. My mom's gonna lose her mind. Like there's it was hard not to buy me one too. But I know I don't need them. I don't need it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I really would like you to film a reaction video.
Speaker 2: Well, she might be confused. No, she'll get it right away. There's no way we watch it.
Speaker 1: She's watched it for Oh the little birds in the boat Okay, okay, how do I get to the rest of the pride birds here.
Speaker 3: Just put pride Birds in the search. That's what I did.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I don't know the other references, but I just love that someone was like, what the fuck this is stupid? And then it's like it's it's truly so important, and it's like I always just saw it as a movie we all loved, and then reading my gay history books, like learning how like radical this movie really was at its time, you know, and like yeah, just saying and this end and so then for it to like be part of this collection.
Speaker 3: But I do not shop at Target. I mean I have.
Speaker 1: I have, Yeah, honestly, I boycotted for a while and all. But also I've heard people say that where they live in places.
Speaker 3: That are like more rural or.
Speaker 1: Like there's like Target is one of the only places where it's like safe for like a queer person to work, or like a person that is like a person of color, Like I've heard people say in the area where I live, Target is the best place for me to work, the safest place for me to work. And if everybody boycotts it, they go away, and then where do we work. So I think there's a lot to both sides of the uh, like the boycott argument in that situation. So I did boake up for a while, and then I just go back sometimes for a couple of things. I mean, honestly, it is where I get like clothes for my kids, Like I just it's the cheapest place to buy clothes that you can get shredded like that's but I also thrift from my kids. I do do use clothes. We go shout out to the green Bean and Eagle Rock. If you live in LA, You've got to go to green Bean for used kids clothes and they have new gifts as well. But they have great consignment kids.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so if you're if you want to give it some pride birds, some pride birds, they're cute at fine.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I I can't stumble upon something so fucking perfect for your mom on like the days before her birthday because.
Speaker 2: In my head, I go, I think me flying home's birthday gifts enough. But then now I'm not at a couple of pirds because I wasn't going to force it, you know, but I'm like so excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, I love that. Let's get started. Sht's episode. The episode this oh my God. Today's episode what a wild one. As usual.
Speaker 1: You can go to That's Messed Up Live or the link in our Instagram bio at That's Messed Up Pod to get to links for Lisa's tour dates, for our merch our Louise Lewis Lewis Louis is a perfect summer T shirt a nice soft Carolina blue. And you can always join our Patreon as well for uh book reviews, Twilight reviews, interviews with fun people, talking sbu We're doing all kinds of shit. I actually have a topic I really want to bring up with our next Patreon guests, but let's get started with today's episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing a classic, a big one interwebs. I mean, I've seen this one so many times and I was still like, wait, who's the worst?
Speaker 3: Who's the guy? I know, who's the Wait he's the guy?
Speaker 2: No, they got hit, Like I really was on the edge of my seat.
Speaker 3: I was also kind of watching this one, going when is Rosie Perez gonna show up?
Speaker 1: Because I think I was thinking about that episode a different NMBLA. Yeah, so, but this one is wild, and I also just came across some really crazy information doing the research.
Speaker 2: So okay, all right, well we'll get started. So Angels, it's that's what it is. Angels. Oh my god, guess who's in Angels in the Outfield. Just for our future movie games. It's fucking Adrian Brodie's in it. But someone else that's like insane that I'm like, oh, this is gonna Oh Matthew McConaughey. Really I cannot wait for them to come up in my movie game because usually for Matthew McConaughey, I get a lot of points when I use sing.
Speaker 3: People don't really know who's in sing.
Speaker 2: Sing too as well, correct, but it has to hit. But Angels in the Outfield I think is going to be huge for me. But anyways, Angels, that's where we're at, Season four, episode six, November one, two thousand and two. Okay, day after Halloween, people were hungover, I must see TV. Thursday, we're at the airport. But this this actually kills me. And every time I thought I figured it out, another element did not make sense. So there's a bus with under luggage and so it looks like a mix between a Greyhound and a megabus, but it could also be a shuttle for the airport, but it hit traffic, there were delays. Sorry to get everyone stuck, and to get stuck in these details. But then it's like, what bus pulls up right at the terminal, so I'm like, this has to be a shuttle, But then like they had their luggage to put on, so some are missing flights but it's empty. And then later they say it's a drop off, like they really did not get this bus thing going in the cold open Nothing made sense because I'm because if I'm landing and the bus is late to pick me up to the cargo or whatever, it's like it's not that big of a deal, like maybe I'm late to a meet or whatever. But it's like it's not the same as missing a flight. And these people whatever. The driver's wearing a tie, he's very nice. He's like, I'm sorry, wrong stuff, YadA, YadA. So then they're putting their luggage onto the bus all it's all empty, so I don't get it. But there is also an unconscious young boy in the luggage, so that kind of takes over everything. They can online one one JFK terminal five, So we are at the airport. A nurse runs to help barely breathing nopoul. Stabler's on the scene and he's meeting Queen's s View Detective Katie Moore. He's looking hot as fuck, and but there is a dead child. The child is dead. He's like nine or ten a Latino boy. Carbon monoxide poisoning, they're guessing, so like he might have died just in there while the bus ran.
Speaker 3: That sucks. We meet Melinda.
Speaker 2: She explains why it's a sex crime, and it's because there's blood and fluids in the underwear and bruising and lacerations on his body.
Speaker 3: So this is really sad. And he is annoying though, like.
Speaker 2: He's the Queen's like he doesn't want the case and the Queen's girls like Lisimbro and you know he got picked up at Manhattan straight to drop off. What drop off if there was no luggage and there was no people, so what drops.
Speaker 3: Right to terminal five? Baby? I have no idea, Like I am livid.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's because I spends so much time at airport, so like from the jump, I'm like a bus would never be able to get.
Speaker 3: This close to the terminal.
Speaker 1: But also the fact that there's no luggage underneath, Like don't they just open it and it's empty except for the boy exactly, so they should have dropping suitcases and then they find him.
Speaker 2: No, because then later they're like absolutely not, no one did it until he came to the airport, and it's like, okay, then what it was the drop off? Like you guys are fucking around and it doesn't make sense to me. So this poor kid, uh, but she goes assaults it on your turf, he's all yours. She walks away, Melinda zips the kid in a body bag and it's like, I don't think we needed that in the cold open. But it is credits time and now it's called trans Bird Bus Terminal and basically the bus was drops off at eleven last night and then at seven am the bus was taken and the bus was empty, so I guess no drop off. Benson and Stabler are together and we're at a pixie cut stage but not like the straight up shortest. There's like a golden little swoop, but it's fucking short. There is a hole in the fence. Why hole is hard for me? Like I really always put a w always, yeah, Like I don't know. They both make sense to me visually, like the other ones fuck me up. But visually I'm like, that's a hole. But then when I delete the W, I go, no, that.
Speaker 3: Is a hole.
Speaker 2: This makes more sense. It's so fun that it says fun. It does trip me up. I'll be honest, it trips me up. Oh my god, guess whose book I saw at the bookstore? Bought it immediately. Joe Firestone. Oh did she had a book? Yeah, it came out a while ago. I think it's I don't even think it's that new. But it was in a staff. But you know, I've been hitting up the bookstores and I read it. Yeah, and I saw it and it was a thrill. I like seeing.
Speaker 3: People I knows books out about. It's kind of it's kind of exciting.
Speaker 2: So anyways, oh god again with the bus, So seven am left for JFK. Sabler sees something under the wheel. There's a teddy bear and the teddy bear is not weathered. There is dried blood, and there are security king.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, So the.
Speaker 1: Teddy bear went from Manhattan to JFK with a teddy bear in the wheel.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, I'm not buying that either, Like I said, like, who wrote this one?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Just like have it be discovered at the bus terminal in Manhattan. They open it up, there's the boy. All of this JFK seems unnecessary. Oh, I think it's because of the trafficking eventually.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, but no, that doesn't even make sense either. Why wasn't the teddy bear just in it with him?
Speaker 3: Why is it in the wheel?
Speaker 2: Well, it makes no sense going but it's also not weathered, so if it wasn't stuck in the tires, it would be so weathered. But there's security cameras. So it's eleven forty seven. There are two kids. There's an older kid in a little kid with the bear. We need to find the older kids, so we're at center precinct. Craigan munch Finn joins Stabler for a chat. What are they gonna do? So they gotta call the bus cops, set alerts for the older kid. Olivia's at missing Person's. Cragan sends Stablers to the more to see if they can identify the boy and that might help find who this other boy is. And we find out blood on the teddy Bear is type AB same as the victim. I don't even know my type of blood. Should I figure it out? Yeah, I mean it's just a quick message to.
Speaker 3: My doc or like, no, they're gonna make you take a blood.
Speaker 1: You can like order a blood test I think on like Amazon, and it's like a or something i'd rather not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think your doctor just I don't think your doctor will like have it written down because it's like more of a surgery thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta figure this out. I'm curious. I'm curious. So soundproofing glass is what she thinks cut his arm. It's not glass glass. And this is not a street kid. This kid's well nourished and a lot of money put into his mouth and he's disease free. So we meet a forensic dentist guy and he explains their smooth and visible braces and like so many things that adds up to its ten grand. And this is season four and so implant that I'm saying it's a lot. The implants are custom, so that means there'll be a manufacturer I d and we'll we'll find the lab that ordered it. So the lab is back positive for semen and suture scars on his anus, So like that's fucked up. Someone has been violently abusing this kid for a long time. Benson gets a flip phone call and they might have the purp, which I guess is the older kid, but it's obviously not the older kid. And I hate when we have to like suspend or disbelief, you know what I mean, Like, I'm sorry, our characters would never treat this boy like a purp, and they know that he's not the one suturing this little kid's asshole, Like what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like this kid's obviously abused to why would he be running through a fe Like it's so fucking annoying to me the way they end up treating this kid. But mun Shinfinn are talking to the most helpful bus driver I've ever seen. She's giving them all the information she can. And there's also another like driver who matched the clothing there was running and so they're gonna sniff him out. So German Shepherd gets to work, and that leads to a tarmac. Cop cars are flying, Benson and Stabler, the bus, cops, the dog, everyone is looking. He's behind luggage. He starts running. He's so dirty and he's screaming. He wants to go home. They tell him to calm down. He's losing his mind, but they have to bring him back. So again they're like so mean to him. Obviously, this boy is a victim. They're like, you're a killer and you're in big trouble. It's like he's sweaty and fucked up and so dirty. So he goes deport me and then they're like, you fucking killed Jose, and he's like, wait, Jose's dead. The boy didn't know, and you could tell he doesn't know. This kid also deserves a fucking Emmy. I can't believe he didn't get nominated there for him.
Speaker 3: Very sadly, the.
Speaker 1: Actor that played that kid died when he was like nineteen in a plane crash.
Speaker 3: No my, yes, that's so fun, so sad. He's really town.
Speaker 1: He's so good. When he was like crying, I was like, this guy's so good. So I look him up and I'm like, oh no, damn yeah, oh god. And so they call Jose your little friend, so rude. He's obviously just straught. So anyways, he starts talking. His name's are Nesto Diaz.
Speaker 2: Jose's his friend, and Benson askedware's home is, he says, Guatemala and Jose and they both got here by boat. Well, he got here two years ago. Parents sent him to go to school. The charity promised to protect him, but instead they gave him to this man. Jose only came last month and the man said like that Ernesto was getting too old.
Speaker 3: But he kept them locked up.
Speaker 2: He made them, you know, have sex with him, is how he said it, and he would beat them when they said no.
Speaker 3: He tried to escape once before.
Speaker 2: And he and he threatened to kill everyone and I'll be you know, it's fucking scary. And he was just sick of watching Jose suffer and he knew what was ahead of him and he just like couldn't handle it. So Stablor finally starts to help the kid and is being nice, but they do need her Nesto's help, he says. The guy that abused them is Brett Jansen, and he made them call him dad.
Speaker 3: And see, I s that's so funny. That's no and Cee, I see what is that? Nick? Nick Mick? So I just didn't do it right. Whatever.
Speaker 2: They have nothing on the missing boys, there's no information, no visa's nothing. They do have a hit on this Brett guy, and he's a law firm person and he had a fucking child sex slave, a nightmare, and we need to fucking get a warrant and get into this man's apartment.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: They're searching. There's so many dead bolts. They're all unlocked now, but it's like nuts. They're steel over wood. They say, it's all soundproof, magnetic locks, serious about security. The windows are locked at all times, only open with a key. But there's a broken window we see, but it's like the weird plexiglass because it's soundproof, it's tempered, I guess, so it's you know, that's evidence. There's like evidence on the fire escapes. The dad did not even call, like the police or anything for the broken glass, and he didn't clean it up, so he's probably out there looking for the boys. And even if they screamed, no one would ever know. Ernesto's story checks out. He explained all of this. Finn comes in and the boys have magnetic locks too, and then the tech guy goes come with me. So he's dead as hell. His throat is slit and he's sliced of the family jewels.
Speaker 3: Stabler ads.
Speaker 2: They ask if the kid did it or somebody else, and boom, George Hwang is here and he is there, they're the precincts. He says, it's possible the boy did it, and Benson's like, no fucking way. The crime scene was a blood bath, and Ernesta didn't have any blood on him, and Sailor also says there was fresh blood in the shower, and he feels an adult would think of something like to do that for evidence removal.
Speaker 3: But not a fourteen year old kid.
Speaker 2: Huang's like, okay, I said it was possible, I didn't say I think he did it, so he got defensive and even if he saw the killer, that must have been super scary as well. Huang is like he was abused by a man. So, Olivia, you go in there, give him some love and affection. And Benson gets in there and she does her thing. She tells him it's not his fault. He says it is his fault that Jose is dead, and Benson wants to help him, but she needs to know what happened. She begs and pleads with him to talk, and he obviously spills because she's gifted. He went into Jose's room and Jose was crying and begging for it to stop. So then Ernesto yelled, called him a pig and told him to leave him alone. And then he came out and pulled him out of bed, hit him over the head, and then just smiled and said, when I'm done with Jose, that you're going to find out what real pain is. And he was so mad, and he told Jose if he didn't be quiet, he would send him to the other man. But Jose did cry, and you know, Ernesto begged him to stop, and this dude got mad and left. So then Benson asks about the other men. He cries and says he's afraid. And I wrote, this kid is so talented, holy shit, and this is a really.
Speaker 3: Fun He's like really bawling and like so believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel it's like not appropriate for children to be filming things like this. It's actually, like, I don't know how it didn't traumatize him for life. He explains that these men would take him for a while and then give him back, and he didn't want that to happen to Jose. Craigan is with Huang and Stabler in the office supply window and He's like, fuck now, it's a whole ring of these guys. We got to find him fast. So they think Jansen knew, like who killed him, and Fin jumps in with more news.
Speaker 3: There's videos. So it's two men and a kid.
Speaker 2: It's a ten year old boy, and we see the dead guy's face, but the other guy no face, but tons of tattoos on his body. So that'll help us in the future identify this man. Yeah, if you're going to be a pedophile and tape your rapes, you should probably not have any markings on your body. Yeah, just like I guess advice for the petos listening. But this is Yeah, so this is clearly a Central America trip to rape children. And the boys that we found are Nesto Josegus adoption papers and then they find like all this Nambles stuff. It's disgusting and NAMBLA's men loving boy groups that Munch says operate like al Qaeda cells, like one can't finger the other group. They're all splintered off. And Stabler then is very stable and he's like, Okay, well, at least we can admit it's good news.
Speaker 3: Jansen's dead.
Speaker 2: Craigan goes yeah, for sure, and hopefully finding who killed him will help lead to the rest of these perverts. Craigan tells Benson and Stabler to go to the law office tomorrow of Jansen and track down his friends. Finn hangs up with the Emmy. They got the name of the dentist who worked on Jose's teeth, doctor Walt Massy, so they go do that. They're filling the dentist in and he admired Jansen for adopting two boys from a foreign country, and it's like, I don't know, I just don't think men should be allowed to adopt children.
Speaker 3: Unless single men.
Speaker 1: I mean, single women have a hard time enough adopting alone.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously we find out there's like more than this, but oh god, a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: They're filling the dentists in again, he admires it. I just I don't know, I don't know, suspicious, But he says he only needed dental work and nothing more. Fin asked if there's anything unusual, and he goes, well, I think it's strange you wanted all the work done at once. But he was going to enroll him in school, and I guess he was teased for having metal braces as a kid, and he only wanted the best for his boys. Benson and Stabler are with the executive assistant and she says he's a great boss and everyone is sick over this. She kept his daily schedule in the computer, but he had his own liar lol, his own lawyer diary and a red.
Speaker 3: Book on his desk.
Speaker 2: And they're like, this is strange that there are no photos of his family. And she says he has no family, both parents died and no siblings. And Benson's like, he never mentioned his two sons and she's like, you haven't confused with somebody else. She says, there's no way he has kids and I don't know about it. And she's also like, he didn't even have any friends, and say it goes, well, we're here on the calendar.
Speaker 3: See he had like a two pm lunch. What's that?
Speaker 2: She goes, that's a client. They ate at his club. They go to the Metropolis Club. There's an old guy, there's a climbing wall. He says, Jansen was a ladies man with a different woman every week. He never mentioned him having kids. I mean, this is so fucked. So the only kids they talked about were this old man's He's like, I would brag about my kids all day long. I love my kids, and I don't think Brett would be a good father, and he has a terrible temper. Kids would drive him crazy. Then he tells them that this guy's other friend was Tony Damon and they played squash together. But that's the only other person he can think of. He's never been to his apartment, he says. They say, by mister Lynch and turn away, and he says, it's doctor Lynch and he doesn't do it in at Chilwo. It's like definitely like a dick thing and it actually like fucked him up, like his ego. Actually, yeah, yeah, that's why they kept his past shut. He like they wouldn't have clocked it. He wouldn't have been a suspect nothing. But he says he does really constructive plastic surgery. Hand repair is this thing. He says he was in the o r from ten pm at night to dawn in the morning, reattaching a thumb that was severed in a thumb accident.
Speaker 3: After they're like.
Speaker 1: What's thumb accident? It was a car accident.
Speaker 2: But yeah, after he does the doctor thing, they're like, and where were you losers? So anyway, so now they go talk to squash body and it's Will Arnett.
Speaker 3: It's Will Arnett, but it Will Arnett before we all like knew Will Arnett. Like what do we sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because like, what do you I think Will Arnett's first intro to me is arrested development?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Is that most people's.
Speaker 2: I just didn't care about him until BoJack Horseman even later for you, I just like, was arrested development whatever. So this Willlarnett guy, he's like, I'm coming back. I just coming back from Chicago, offers up his boarding pass and then he goes that guy had a strange sense of humor and I don't even get what.
Speaker 3: I don't get that this is that weird. But I guess I might have a strange sense humor.
Speaker 2: But Friday they were playing and he got laughed at and this guy goes lucky shot and he's like, usually play like a woman, and.
Speaker 3: I should have cut your balls off years ago. I wouldn't clock that.
Speaker 1: But whatever, it's kind of a weird joke. I would have cut your balls off, sure, but I'm more annoyed about the playing like a woman. Yes, obviously shitty, but a standard loser joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Benson and Stabler rushed to Melinda. She says that these balls weren't cut off. Someone used the scalpel, and it was before he died, so they really wanted to make him suffer, and then they whacked him with a blunt object to knock him out to be able to do.
Speaker 3: The scalpel ball removal.
Speaker 2: They didn't find any blunt objects though, so he must have taken it. And also the net cuts were right on the arteries where they should have been. So Ernesto is sleeping on the couch in the loft area and it's like a floral couch. It really kind of is funny to me. They run up with good news they found his parents and they'll be there tomorrow to get him. But first Benson and Stabler have a binder of faces and they need his help, like was it any of these men or these the doctors or any of these the sickos?
Speaker 3: Like who was there?
Speaker 2: And he goes, well, doctor did come when I was sick, but he never touched me. So they show photos and he points to doctor Lynch, who could have kept his mouth shut, wouldn't have been in the binder, but and then he has three adopted sons and never been married. Uh Oh works at Chelsea Hospital and he operates on disfigured kids and third.
Speaker 3: World countries not to be trusted.
Speaker 2: And then on the side he sews up his friend's slave boy as much says a real humanitarian will or not, runs a travel agency, Global Voyages, and lives in Scarsdale.
Speaker 3: No kids, not married.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, we should be like we shun women that are single, but it's like these guys are These are the people that are more suspicious.
Speaker 1: In my life, I've never come across a man that has a child that they adopted on their own in my life, and I've met dozens of people I just like, not anecdotally, I can't think of a versus like a man that has not like not like adopting a nephew that a of like a brother that passed or something like that. Like straight up I went to an adoptation scene said I just want to be a dad, like I just have never seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah did ah didn't YEA.
Speaker 2: So they and all these guys had a lot of calls to each other that day. A triangle of calls and chats. So Damon is setting up sex tours for his friends and then bringing back human souvenirs. They need to get Lynch's kids out of that house tonight. Cabot looks hot as hell, red dress, waves in her hair, fancy dinner. She says, two phone calls is not enough, but it's like, well, there are three kids and we need to help them. She's like, well, do we know if they're legally adopted or not. They'll find out in the morning. But the kids do go to public school, they're not locked away, and there's no complaints of abuse. But he didn't report Jose's abuse. And then who walks in Trevor Langen slash Peter Herman slash Missus mister Murska harget day and she's on a fucking date with him. I'm loving this and he goes, that's an amus demeanor with no priors, and Benson goes, wow, dining with the enemy, and it's like, yeah, he's hot, and then she I don't remember this.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember that.
Speaker 2: I didn't either, and then he's like, hey, I'll go watch the game at the bar till you know they're done with their little meeting and he gives her a long, sexy, flirty stare. And then so now she's going back and forth with the detectives and saying this Lynch is a heavy hitter, like, we can't go after him half ass because he's gonna lawyer up immediately. Benson does say they have Jansen's hard drive and that they have proof that he took this special tour with Damon and that was years ago, and that they travel to rape children and that that is a federal crime. I actually don't really know how they figured that out. Anyways, She's like, we need to catch him in the act. So of course Munch is undercover as a pedophile. Who else would it be. He's perfect John Blackman, beige suit, blue tie, and he looks like a crazy Christian pastor, you know, like he would hold a sign at a like a a gay dead person's funeral. It's like that kind of vibe snake Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, that kind of snake skin like. He does look like such a pedo, like he needs glasses. Him with out glasses is fucked up, And that's rude. It's rude of me to say and speak ill of the Dead like this, but we make fun of as transition lenses as a culture. But I'm like this man like without a transition lens, I don't want it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. It's weird.
Speaker 1: It's like weird to me. You can't look directly in Bellser's eyes. It's too it's too powerful.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like thinking about will Arnett's character, I'm like, I wonder if he does travel for people that has nothing to do with rape, you know, like does he also like set up family vacations for people, Like is he just and does his office?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think they're paying Locket. I don't think you're paying enough. I think you're paying massive money to do sex tourism, whereas he's not booking your like carnival cruise to like the correct.
Speaker 3: Is everyone at this office doing it?
Speaker 2: Or is it just him and he's getting away with it or everyone there is a pedophile?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Write something to think about. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Will Arnett says that he ran the credit for John Munch's Undercover Guy and it all came up fine.
Speaker 3: The NYPD got it together. They have unlimited budget.
Speaker 2: He checks his ID, the id's fine, and then that's all it takes to fully spill all the beans. He's just like, okay, cool sou and he never even said who gave the name, Like it's crazy Will Arnett's character. It is this thing of like even if you're doing a drum a role like him or Ali Wong, like the funny does come out. Yeah, the way people speak and the Martin short episode like there is.
Speaker 3: Just totally you like, can't not be funny.
Speaker 1: You're playing a full sex tourism pedophile, and but the.
Speaker 2: Way he spills is just so funny. He's like, okay, sweet standard two week package. Who's taking two weeks off of work alone to go? It's all crazy business class meals and entertainment included five grand and so he's like, oh entertainment, And immediately will our netchoes girls or boys? Are both? He says boys eleven to thirteen. He starts spilling again. I wrote spilling the Beaten so loose. One credit check is all it took to admit to being a pedophile, Like does that mean that this happens like five times a day business as usual? Like all everyone's just coming into rape kids and he's just like, let me just make sure.
Speaker 3: You've got the funds.
Speaker 1: That's it, And like, I guess they did a background check on this fake name, but.
Speaker 2: It's the Giselle Pellicoate of at all. It's like, you know, is it that Lucy Goose? It's the Epstein of it all. Is just loosen the emails, like no one's hiding anything. So he says, we work with an orphanage five years old and up, and you get a videotape to cherish the memory, and Munch gives him the cash.
Speaker 3: You know, he doesn't want a paper Joil.
Speaker 2: He says, if there's another name you want to use for travel, let me know, and he goes, yeah, John Munch, but you can call me detective and badge up or rest time. Finn comes in commands everybody to stop working, get the computers and the files. So they have the whole conversation taped and we're in cement room bars and he's like, so, what conspiracy exactly, and it's like, Babe, facilitating the rape of children in foreign countries. Obviously that's what's happening. And he's like he has such an innocent guy's response. He goes, there's no state law against that, Like what the fuck. So Saylor says it's federal law, and we turned our tape over to the US attorney. Your toast and he again he again is acting so chill and innocent and is like, actually, federal statutes require proof of the sex act, and it's like, why not he just ask for a lawyer, like you were the most shabby motherfucker. You know every law a pedophile should know, and we have you on tape doing it, Like I don't understand what he's even fighting for. How are you denying it? So he's like, and you need a victim, where are you gonna find one? And men Munch was like, oh, you're a nambler guy. He goes, no, I'm not one of those freaks, and then Stabler grabs him, throws him against the bars on the window. He screams, you are nothing but a low life pimp who sells children. Munch tries to stop him, Stablor goes, get off me, and then throws our net onto the chair and then goes, you did this, you freak, And he says Jansen and Lynch did what they did on their own, and but like you were caught asking boys.
Speaker 1: Or girls like I don't Barnett's character doesn't actually molest kids.
Speaker 3: He's just yeah, that's like a little bit god.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He says he does it for the money.
Speaker 2: So he grabs his neck like a kitten at the vet like it's kind of cool, and he goes, how many sex tours have you booked? He admits to dozens over the years, and then that's and then you know he's lying, so that means it's way more than dozens, you know. And then he goes, I'm not a pedo. I just do it for the money. And they said whatever, You're going to go to death row for slicing up Jansen and he's like, well, I didn't do that, and they bring up the ball cutting story and he goes, oh my god, Lynch is using that to set me up.
Speaker 3: Duh.
Speaker 2: Lynch like handpicked Jose for Jansen. Then Jansen called Lynch and wanted his money back, and then when they both escaped, they chatted before he was killed, and he says him and Lynch talked because he was still waiting for his rape tape. And so then Willernett gets an amazing idea and goes, make me a deal. I'll give you Lynch on a silver platter. So then Cabat and Craigan have been spying and she's like, oh god, you know, like sex tours are federal, and I don't want to give him immunity to we're sure about this. Craigan says, maybe we can get him without this, like loser's help. Let's get the post office to like we'll get the tape, you know, so let's work on it. So the postal inspector they find the thing, and then the mail carrier brings it to the pedo and like fifteen minutes ago, and he grabbed it right away, and they say it was like a kid on Christmas. So then the cops knock, knock, knock. Little boys open the door and Benson speaks to them in Spanish, and then they all go to get him. Finn his full ponytail leather, giant jacket, and Stabler gives him a warrant and he's watching the rape video like he could not even wait, and then they arrest him.
Speaker 3: He shuts up immediately.
Speaker 2: He wants a lawyer and again, you were watching the tape of a rape, Like I don't understand these Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand the like I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: It's like we're watching the video of you rape a kid, like I don't know what you're talking about, Like, Will Arnette, you straight up said boys or girls will use an orphanage and you get a tape of the rape, Like what are you fighting?
Speaker 3: So he shuts up? Ouh did you hear?
Speaker 2: I watched a video of like I guess all the guys that are pedo as they say they're in for fraud.
Speaker 3: That's like the go to lie. And then I was.
Speaker 2: Watching an interview with like a a well known fraudster, like a succes. I guess not successfully is in prison, but like whatever, and they would make him go talk to the people to figure out if it was really fraud or not, and then he would know if they were lying, and then everyone would know they were a child.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's the lie. Yikes.
Speaker 1: Part of me feels like Will Arnett's character goes on to become job like that's why he lives at home with his mom and does magic because he got busted doing sex tourism for the money.
Speaker 3: But oh my god, I just thought about my enemy David Cross.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he keeps stuff about him, keeps coming into my feet and I'm always like.
Speaker 2: Oh um, he shuts up, YadA YadA. Okay, So the lawyer wants to deal. Cabot says, fuck you. We found out the adoption papers are fake, the visas are fake, and you get ten years prison time for each boy you smuggled in. And he goes, smuggled in? Are you people insane? She goes, yeah, kidnapping and sex abuse. He says I would never abuse my sons, and the lawyer tries to get him to stop, and he won't. He says he would never force the boys to do anything they didn't want to do. Your boys are barely teenagers and cannot consent. Stabler, very casually from the corner is just like, well, how the boys feel being passed around your friend group? And he screams that he did no such thing. I love them, I would do nothing to hurt them. And he starts bringing up NAMBLA and they're like, you're gonna bring NAMBLA to court, like that's the defense, and the lawyer goes, listen, how about sex abuse three for his sons and immunity on the federal charges. She's like, I can't speak for the US attorney like, you have to give me something I can bring her and he starts to talk. Damon is the one smuggling in the boys. He is not nambla. It's just merchandise to him. He brings in six boys a year, two at a time on a chartered sailboat and he agrees to give every name he knows and so so then they're like, what about the Knight of Jensen's murder. He's like, we didn't really talk and they're like, well, then you slipes him up, you slice him up, and the lawyer goes, not another word.
Speaker 3: He says, I didn't kill anybody.
Speaker 2: They bring up the scalpel like medical knowledge proof stuff, and he goes, I was in surgery and Stabler goes, nope, your hospital says you were on vacation, and he goes, wrong hospital.
Speaker 3: The case I did was up in Rochester. And it's like, why wouldn't his hospital know it?
Speaker 2: Why would he do a fake vacation to do a Rochester car accident surgery? Like what is actually happening? Like isn't that weird that that he was just at another hospital but his his hospital thought that he was on vacation. So it's like if their sister hospitals or they're all in the same network, or like, oh, I have to do an emergency surgery because I'm so sought after and they need my emergency some help. But like, why would you tell your employer you're going on vacation but you're just you're doing at another hospital, Like that's strange to me. No, you're the one who has medical people in your life. Yeah, that's true. I didn't think about that. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And also it's not like, oh I actually was the surgery I did was on Long Island. Rochester is quite far from New York City. You're driving five hours oway. That's what made me feel like, there's the reason he's up there, maybe doing some surgeries to excuse why he's up there is because he's got like a house up there where he keeps more kids or something like that. Like, I don't know, that's not close at all. So now one of our favorite things. Yeah, the Rochester thing is fucking you're doing like secret surgeries and that counts as your vacation. Like I get if you are going to do doctors without border, like this.
Speaker 3: Just doesn't make a fucking sense. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyways, it's uh, it's Center Precinct cage pedo rapist.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of him.
Speaker 2: Finn Is screaming, We're gonna get a court order and then make all of you a strip and we'll see who's Tech two's match the movie movie stars. You know, he's having the time of his life. There's seventeen perverts so far. We got teachers, court clerks, engineers, Wall Street guys, everyone. They all say Damon is the one that got them their kids. So Sailor is annoyed that none of these guys like will do much time, and that like the guy who killed Jansen's gonna do more times than the pedophiles. But like, yeah, murderer, I guess Trump's child rape.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I want to know though, Like because they make it sound like Damon is just setting up the travel like he's like, oh, you want to go on like a fun trip and I'll get you some like little kids. But then who's getting the fake adoption papers, who's getting the fake visas? Like who's smuggling back into the country, Like I guess Damon.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, he's getting the boats, He's getting these chartered boats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's too funny, Like Will Arnett is too funny. It makes me feel like he's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just doing it for the money. I'm just planning trips.
Speaker 1: And it's like, no, you're like literally facilitating a lifetime nightmare for these children.
Speaker 2: You're bringing them to another country to be No, he's also never married, no kids. He's certainly a pedos. Yeah, that's true. He's yeah, he's just maybe like, oh, I'm a pedo for sixteen year olds or something like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's not like he's not kids because he's like, I'm just married to my job.
Speaker 3: I just am working so hard ough.
Speaker 2: So, but Benson goes at the Lynch Alibi did check out and he was three hundred and fifty miles away, So that's annoying. But the Lynch kids, the doctor report does come up that they were sexually abused, but excellent health outside of that and perfect teeth. Uh oh ding ding ding the dentist. The dentist. We're going backwards in the time. So is he in the club? Is he on the sex tour list? Like, oh, you know, all these pedos they work in mysterious ways. So they have to find out how many of the boys he's worked on and he has two kids of his own as well, and he did oral surgery and dental school, so he would know how to work a scalpel. There's like, if they find a pattern, hopefully that's enough to get a warrant. And off to Matse's house they go. The wife has no clue. She's in shock. Oh my god, you think Walt murdered someone? She says, two nights ago you had an emergency patient and left at nine thirty, so it couldn't have been him.
Speaker 3: And it's like he's lying to you, dumb horr.
Speaker 2: Benson sees a photo and says, wow, handsome boys, and then they look just like you, and she says thank you. And then of course they don't look like your husband. Obviously they're from a previous marriage. He's a pedophile. He's molesting his step kids. This is a nightmare. So her ex is unfortunately doing eight to ten in Attica for trying to kill her. I do regret calling her a whore earlier. I just am like so mad. So he lost his parental rights and then Walt adopted the boys and she and then they ask how she met her husband. She put a personal ad out in the newspaper, and he answered it. Please forgive me for asking this. But Benson asks, how has you know your relationship been like with your husband?
Speaker 3: She starts to cry. She's like, what does that to do with anything?
Speaker 2: Benson pushes her to speak and whal and she goes, Walt is a good man, and our relationship isn't about sex. He's a saint, and he rescued me and the boys. Like, I don't know why that's not suspicious. So then stable wills survival. Okay, So Stabler asks, like, does he pay attention to one boy more than the other? She goes, yeah, Sean, they're together all the time, like whenever Walt's home.
Speaker 3: And she says this very proudly.
Speaker 2: And then they give her time to like figure it out, and everyone's in silence, and then her face slowly changes as it dawns on her what they're getting at.
Speaker 3: She had no clue.
Speaker 2: A part of me was like, oh, she fucking knows, and she would rather like she thinks, you know what I mean, Like I just thought I did not think the best. I assumed the worst. My fault. But she goes, oh my god, what has he done? Stabler is with Sean, and he's explaining that his dad like would hit his mom and they had to go to a shelter and then you know me, mom met Walt, then mom met then mom met Walt.
Speaker 3: That's hard. Can you say that mom met Walt? Yeah, it's hard, he says.
Speaker 2: They hang out and goes and they go to ball games and he coaches soccer. Uh oh, he pushes, like what do you do when you're alone together? He gets uncomfortable immediately. He's like, you know, I was told I couldn't tell anyone, no one would get it, and Sailor goes, I do understand, and there's no need to be afraid. Dramatic music plays. He says, what would stay with him at night? Mom is in the spy window. She's crying. It started one night. He just came in and wanted and said I want to be near you and just climbed in. Stabler asks more questions, and the touching didn't start till later. And then the boy cries and he says fathers are supposed to love their sons, and Sailor says, fuck that, and none of this is your fault and what he's doing is wrong, and then he cries more and he says, I know, but he takes care of my mom and we don't have to live in the shelter anymore. And the mom my mom doesn't get beat up. What really loves us? He says, like this is so fucked up. He's really sad, he's confused, he's shaking his head in tears and disbelieve.
Speaker 3: The mom walks him out as they bring and by the way, that kid is in what hot American summer? Stop?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's the Molly Shannon friend. Yes, yeah, Aaron, he's likest of cute kidd.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then of course they have to do a meet cue in the fucking Center precinct with the pedo stepdad like they couldn't wait for the mom and abused son to like exit, Like, I I know they do this for the show, but it's like, what the fuck. It's so creepy. And he looks him up and down. He is looking this kid up and down in a very inappropriate way. It's really it's like his last stare before jail. It's hard to watch. So then Staylor comes in and we're gonna do a little nice nice that's what they you know he's gonna play the game of like I'm a pedophile too, so he's acting shock. They thought he was even a criminal, dragged him out of work. Sailor goes, I'm sorry. They were not supposed to do that. He says, Sean seems like a great kid. Sean, you know, not said how much he loves you, and like how much you love him and his mom And Benson comes in with a case that needs attention, and Sailor goes, stop wasting my time with that crap.
Speaker 3: I mean they're doing theater. I wonder if they rehearse this, you know.
Speaker 2: So then she slams the door and goes, have it your way, and Silor goes, ough, so annoyingang fourteen year old girl dating a twenty two year old guy, completely consensual sex. They want to lock him up, and he calls this guy like a poor guy, and this creepy guy says some creepy shit, and Sanbor goes exactly, and I wish the people in charge that made the laws felt as creepy as you did. And he goes, oh my god, you agree with me, and Stabler's like, listen, we're all sexual beings, children, adults, that's why I'm thinking this is a misunderstanding. And the purpse like, well, what do you mean? And Stablor goes, listen, my colleagues brought you in because they say that you're sexually abusing your boys. But I've seen a lot of child abusers and I'm not getting that vibe from you. And he's like touched, and he's like, I would never do anything to hurt my boys, Like you know, we understand love and loving your boys in respect. And you know Brett Jansen he beat his sons and locked him up and treated Jose badly. And he goes, yeah, he had bruises all over his body, and he's shaking his finger pissed, like Jansen does not love those boys, and Sailor goes, I know he forced them, and goes forcing them well, and Sabler says, between you and me, I think Jansen got what he deserved.
Speaker 3: And then he goes, s.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love this, and then he gets up and walks around the pedo and then back to his chair and then throws the folder down on his desk and the pedo is smiling and he and Jansen says his punishment was especially appropriate. Don't you think, and Stabler asks, oh, no, Jansen's the dead one. Whoever this Peedo is, it's like a mass, this Walt mass. Okay, so Walt is like the punishment was appropriate, don't you think? And Sailor goes, do you know I can't believe I fucked up all their names?
Speaker 3: Do you so?
Speaker 2: No Jansen is dead? Okay? Sailor asked, do you know how Jansen was killed? And there's a twinkle in this guy's eye and he goes, that man hurt those little angels, and Stabler nods and says, I I think you know more than that, and he pushes his sleeve up to like show a tattoo and goes, I know this tattoo. It was in the rape videotapes. And the glass from the apartment was found in your fucking sneaker, and Sailor goes, you think I'm a fucking idiot. Come on, And then he said, ah, Jansen ruined it for everybody. I had to make sure he had never heard another little boy again. And Sailor goes, and that goes for you too. You're under arrest for murdering Jansen and sexually abusing your son. And then the Purv jumps in shock. No, I did not force Sean. He seduced me. He's backing up against the cement wall. How can I deny him. I didn't beat him. It's not the same thing, and Sailor goes, no, it's worse. You had sex with your step son and you don't think there's anything wrong with that? What kind of sick bastard are you? And Stabler is closing in on him, getting closer and closer, and he's like so scared and nervous, and he's like, you know, getting cornered into the corner of cement room bars. And then this guy is gonna hate prison and that's dick wolf baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oof, Okay, it's so tough. But you know this episode from what two thousand and two, it's twenty four years later, still Epstein dealing with all of this kind of crap.
Speaker 3: That's all sort of related. Okay. So, first of all, NAMBLA.
Speaker 1: Which we mentioned a couple of times, but just to get a little bit more into it, is the North American Man Boy Love Association, which I don't even look up the fucking logo of it. The logo of it is NAM in caps. And then the B for boy is in lowercase, and then the LA is in uppercase, right, but then the M and the B is like cock to the side, almost like a sesame street television show would be like, isn't this cute?
Speaker 3: Like just a man and a boy in love? Like it's so creepy.
Speaker 1: And it's a pedophilia and pederaste advocacy organization in the US which wants to abolish consent laws that criminalize adult sexual relationships with minors aka child sexual abuse and rape. The group basically seems like they've dissipated a lot, like they don't hold regular meetings, national regular meetings, and as of the late nineties, they had discouraged the formation of local chapters to avoid law enforcement, so kind of like what Munch said, like forming small splinter cells that aren't related to each other, so that if you get busted, you don't bring down like a.
Speaker 3: Ton of other people.
Speaker 1: But in nineteen ninety five, an undercover detective, so that there was about eleven hundred people on the organization's like attendance roles, I guess, or people that supported it. Officially, they are the largest group within the International Pedophile and Child emancipation the IPCE, which is an international pro pedophile activist organization, and I guess the organization has really dwindled to only a handful of people, and pedophiles were mostly like online, working on their own. I don't think they're trying to like change legislation anymore. As of two thousand and five, newspaper reports at that NAMBLA is mostly based in New York and San Francisco.
Speaker 3: So but they talk about it.
Speaker 1: A lot on SVU, I think for how big it is or how existent it is. But what I found was there were there were you know, there's a couple of cases. There's obviously millions of cases about men, you know, molesting children and sexually assaulting their own children and their step children and children they've fostered, whatever. But this is a very interesting case. I think this is Helmet Kentler, who was a very influential German psychologist, sexologist and professor of social education at the University of Hanover in Germany, and he ran a project that was government funded later called the Kentler Project or the Kentler Experiment, wherein he believed.
Speaker 3: That ped files would make good foster parents.
Speaker 1: So from part of the so from the late sixties to the early nineties, he helped to place like neglected foster children into the homes of single men who were either hebaphiles or pedophiles, which we've talked about before. Heba files is like slightly older kids that are like right before puberty as opposed to smaller children. But he believed that sexual assault of these children was relatively harmless if not forced. Basically, his philosophy was that parents should let their children have an unobstructed path to fulfilling their sexual desires, like and he took it a step further, saying that parents should actually introduce their children to sexuality so they wouldn't risk leaving them that they wouldn't quote risk leaving them sexually underdeveloped to become sexual cripples end quote. Is what this man's philosophy was, like, let's be more sexually open and like some people followed him because they thought that, oh, he's like more into sexual openness and being open with your sexuality, but it's like not when it comes to children who like literally don't have like the brain development to even consent to this kind of thing. So he basically argued that parents must be aware that a good relationship of trust between children and parents cannot be maintained if children are denied. The satisfaction of needs as urgent as sexual ones is another thing he has said, and he thought teens having early sexual experiences would make them more independent and able to reject adult norms. He was particularly interested in girls being too sexually repressed, and that if girls felt no pressure to have sex, then boys that were sexually free would consider these girls to be uptight.
Speaker 3: We don't want that right girls.
Speaker 1: So, based on his view that children can have sexual needs even before puberty, he thought that there could be volunteer sexual interactions with adults and that this differed from sexual abuse, and that these children would actually be better protected from sexual abuse if they had these voluntary sexual interactions with adults. I mean, it's so beyond And he would say, like, oh, parents, he would like say, don't sometimes like an airplane is just an airplane. It's not a phallic symbol, you know, don't go straight to the police. Maybe the kid likes it, that kind of stuff. He treated pedophiles like they were benefactors, like they were doing a great thing for these children. So he started, did he end up in Jit. I mean, let's okay, you're not going to like the answer. So he started this project. I don't know when officially the government gave him the money for it. In nineteen eighty eight, he reported to the German Senate saying the project is a complete success. But there was never really any documentation about how this project even came to be approved, and if there was any documentation, it's been destroyed or it's gone missing.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety fi.
Speaker 1: Three, I will report that a German magazine, I don't know if it's a German magazine, but a magazine called Emma reported on Kentler, and then feminists protested him at an event in Hannover and he did get punched in the face, which is a good news.
Speaker 3: That is the good news. So what's crazy is in.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen, this big report came out in Germany about the Kentler experiment, and then in twenty twenty one, the New Yorker did a big article on it, and they talked to this man named Marco who had personal experience, and it honestly sounds like the story kind of of Ernesto and Jose. But this article didn't come out until twenty twenty one. And even though the episode could have easily been based on Kentler, because I'm sure Nambla like used some of Kentler's study as like there you know as in their you know, researcher in their attempts to like reform like legislation. This guy Marco did not come forward with his story until he read the twenty seventeen report, which is fifteen years after this when he met he met the woman who wrote the report and told her, this is the first you're the first person I've told and this is in twenty seventeen, so fifteen years after this episode has come out, this boy is coming to this people to say that what happened to him, and she couldn't believe it. She thought that all of the foster care like contacts had been like by the late eighties, were not happening anymore. But this guy Marco has a very different story. So he spoke to this woman and then he gave his personal experience to The New Yorker in this really long piece that I obviously am linking in my sources from twenty twenty one. So Marco's foster father was Fritz Henkel. He was an engineers.
Speaker 3: Not a good name.
Speaker 1: Fritz. No, Fritz Fritzel, We're not loving it. No, he was an engineer. He had and he brought Marco to Kuntler's home many times. Kentler served a kind of like Henkel's advisor. He sort of had a grandfatherly presence to the boys that were in Henkel's care. He was a longtime foster parent. He had many people placed in his home and many many people outside. People reported that he was having homosexual contact with his foster sons or pedophilia contact really, because like it's not just home, it's not like contact, it's a crime. But Kenler, his advisor, and he's this respected sexologist in Germany, is intervening on his behalf. No, it's not what you think it is. This is like the blah blah blah. So Henkel is fine, and of course more boys go on to be placed with him, including Marco. Marco lives in this foster home from about nineteen eighty eight to two thousand and three, from the ages of five to twenty one. Oh yeah, so this episode comes out he's still living with this man. Marco lived in the foster home with a brother named Sven who they lived in the same home for thirteen years, and Marco goes, I liked him, but we were never connected. We never had a real conversation. They never spoke about what was happening to them. They just took it for granted that this was normal. And he just yeah, Marco says, he thought everything happening to him was like normal, and he was shocked to read us the study in twenty seventeen that he read. And the study, by the way, was by Teresa Nentwig, who was a political scientist at the University of Gautingen's Institute for Democracy Research.
Speaker 3: She wrote the twenty seventeen report on Kendler.
Speaker 1: So like I said, Marco had no idea that this wasn't normal. He read the report, he was shocked to learn he'd been part of the experiment. He reached out to Sven, and Sven like couldn't even process it. He like, couldn't even take it in. And Marco said, like, yeah, we basically learned to have no emotions, Like anytime I had an emotion, it would just like hit up against a wall kind of, And he said, and then as an adult, he couldn't really hold down a job, he would see people who reminded him of his foster father, and every time he saw somebody that reminded him of him, he would feel like a death. He would feel like his heart stop beating and like his color would drain, and he would just feel like he died. So it was hard to like be a postal worker or like some of the jobs that he was attempting to do. So, yeah, Marco says, I remember, like if Sven's bedroom door was open and he and he wasn't in his room, I knew what was happening, but.
Speaker 3: The two boys never talked about it.
Speaker 1: He goes, quote it was an absolutely taboo subject, is what Marco said. So, and like what's super sad too, is that the entire time that Marco is in custody of this guy, his mother is trying to get custody of him again. She's trying to see him, and every time they have a visit Henkel is she's canceling.
Speaker 3: He's canceling the visits at the last minute. He's disrupting the visits.
Speaker 1: He's creating like situations to make it look like all these psychological symptoms of abuse that Marco is suffering from are like bedwetting, struggling in school, bad behavior, as marks against the mother, saying oh, every time he sees his mother, it just sets off these psychological aftershocks that like he really shouldn't have visits with her anymore. And then on top of that, Henkel and Kentler are disparaging the mother left and right openly in front of him, and so Marko eventually just completely rejected his mother. And Marco had no friends, he had no connected relationships really with anybody, and Henkel encouraged him to act out in school. He would give him rewards for spitting, for talking out in class, for acting badly. He skipped school all the time, and he rarely did his homework. And then guess what, you get to switch schools, which was his plan. If you keep switching schools, no one can like document this abuse that's happening or these symptoms, you know, So that was obviously his plan.
Speaker 3: It's so insidious, it's so gross.
Speaker 1: So eventually Marco started working out to be strong enough to defend himself, and one time he fought back and Henkel stopped molesting him but started being punitive, like he started withholding his food hitting him, abusing him. And so when Marco was eighteen, obviously legally free to emancipate to go out on his own, it didn't even occur to him to move out. Marco said, it's very hard to describe, but I was never raised to think critically about anything. I had an empty mind. He just never thought, oh wow, I'm finally eighteen. I can't get out of here. I can have a life, I can do this, I can do that. Like it's never not to mention he's probably not doing well in school because he's abused and having all these effects.
Speaker 3: But also as a foster mother is like act like a.
Speaker 1: Dick in school, do what you want, you know, like just like breaking him down and ruining his life like peace by piece. And so probably wouldn't shock you to find out that Kentler himself had foster and adopted children, one of like there's obviously no documentation that he abused them, there's one of them that they think he sexually abused or that there's proof of it.
Speaker 3: And I don't think it would shock anyone to hear this.
Speaker 1: And one of his sons eventually took his own life in nineteen ninety one and which Kentler said, Oh, it's not because I sexually abused.
Speaker 3: Him, as his birth mother sexually abused him.
Speaker 1: Okay, jan So anyway, after his son's his foster son's death, he apparently changed his mind on pedophiles having sexual contact with children, and he described pedophilia as a sexual disorder in nineteen ninety nine disorder crime.
Speaker 3: Yes, like what yes?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 3: And I guess what happened.
Speaker 1: What contributed to this besides the death of his son was he read this paper called Confusion of the Tongues between Adults and the Child parentheses thefanguage of tenderness and of passion and parentheses. I don't love the title of this, but it is by Sandor Farensi, who is a Hungarian psychoanalyst who wrote about how sexualized relationships between adult and children are always asymmetrical, exploitative, and destructive because these are not two equal people. Basically what we always say, like the same as a teacher having.
Speaker 3: Some they know it, yeah, Like that's the thing. It's like they fucking know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like telling him to not act right in school, Like fuck.
Speaker 1: It's like a teacher raping a student. Sure, the student maybe thinks his teacher's hot, and that it's hot to have sex with a teacher.
Speaker 3: The relationship is not equal.
Speaker 1: There is a power dynamic, right, so it is not good and this Farensi guy also wrote that children's quote personalities are not sufficially consolidated in order to be able to protest, and that children will quote subordinate themselves like automata. They become oblivious of their own needs and identify themselves with.
Speaker 3: The aggressor, is what the New Yorker writes about this paper.
Speaker 1: So yeah, nothing happens to Kentler in he dies in like I think eight he dies.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: A report is prepared by scientists called Helmet Kenler's work in Berlin Child and Youth Services and is presented in Berlin in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: In this same report, the author.
Speaker 1: Said that in the thousands of unorganized files they find on this experiment, no names are revealed, but the authors wrote quote, these foster homes were run by sometimes powerful men who lived alone and who were given this power by academia, research, research institutions, and other pedagogical environments that accepted, supported, or even lived out pedophile stances. They also wrote that quote quote unquote senate actors had been part of this network, while others had turned the other cheek because quote icons of educational reform policies supported such arrangements. So essentially saying what we're seeing about Epstein is that it's all these powerful people, it's people in government, and in this case, they're going, well, we've got this guy named Kenler who's telled us that this is all supported by science and psychological study, so it's all good. And after the report was presented, the Berlin Senator for Education did promise those affected by the abuse in this experiment financial compensation, So I mean, it's not real close to enough, but they are planning to as of twenty twenty, I mean, as of twenty twenty, trying to compensate the victims. And I would I mean, I'm gonna link to the New Yorker article for what would Sister peg do, probably because it is really much longer and in depth and goes into more of Kenler's upbringing and things like that.
Speaker 3: But it's just it seems to me.
Speaker 1: Like this is just a pedophile who did a bunch of quote unquote psychological research to excuse their own urges, and it costs, Like the fact that it was state funded is so fucked up, like funded by the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's everyone going, yeah, exactly, Yeah, the two dumb bitches going exactly. Well, I mean the government was like sterilizing black people against their will. Yeah, I don't really, I don't hold the government at high esteem, right, And they're probably like, well, we have to find homes for these foster children, so why not put them in at a pedo you know.
Speaker 1: And then of course, like obviously another part of this episode is like sex tourism and all that kind of stuff. But what I've understood from sex tourism is it's more like what we were talking about earlier, which is like men go to the Philippines, to Thailand and various countries and they commit these crimes and then they go back to the United States. I wasn't understanding that a lot of them are like bringing back children as their adopted children, but I'm sure that also happens.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and it's the merchandise that episode with the guy from Evil, Yes, you know, it's like they don't.
Speaker 3: What is it? Guns? Drugs? Humans? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What how did it say in the episode that Jose and Arnesto got to this charter sailboat, so because he has parents that are looking for him, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they thought he was going to go to the school. But we've always talked about it, like, no one's trying to help your kids stop right, no one wants to like yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: No one's trying to help your kid in a way that requires you not being with them, you know what I mean. If it's like, oh, we want to put your kid into this program and like you would go with him every Saturday and he would like that, maybe that's like legit, you know, not we need to take your kid. Like it's like, yeah, I don't know. It's like the parents that let Ki the kids with Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: But what about like boarding school, summer camp could be suspicious, you know what I mean, sending your kid anywhere?
Speaker 3: That's true too.
Speaker 1: I'm like the number one proponent of sleep away camp and I'm like, yeah, away from your and you know that. But it's yeah, okay, well we don't have a guest this episode, so let's just dive right into that post mortem.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's like crazy, and like, you know, since it's Pride Month, I will say like in terms of this episode, it's like being homophobic enables pedophiles because you're like by saying like, oh and I just watched the Rosie Perez one too, so I'm like namble in my mind. But this idea of like we're discriminated against it is just child adult love.
Speaker 3: We're just like gay people.
Speaker 2: And it's like if you are homophobic, then that argument, you know what I mean, it like gives it validity. Like if you think being gay is perverted and like perverse or whatever, then like it's easy to or if you think all gay people are pedophle, like it makes it easier for these people to have a leg to stand on. It's like another reason why like homophobia is bad. And yeah, someone is a quote where oh Morgan Freeman is a quote. It's like, you don't have a phobia. You're not scared of gay people. You're you're a fucking bigot, you know. Yeah, I hate even.
Speaker 3: The language, right a rachnophobia.
Speaker 1: You're scared of a spider, you are scared, you are running, you know, you're not scared to be in the same room with a person that's gay. You just want to control people. I really don't know what it is. But yes, the thing about NAMBLA is the good thing is is it feels like it's a step too far for most people. Like even the people that are like freedom of speech warriors and like the biggest bigots are like, it's.
Speaker 3: Not true, but I don't support these people.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true because that's only with little boys and gay they're the child marriage is legal in most states, you know what I mean, Like they're totally fine marrying off a thirteen year old girl.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, but I'm saying NAMBLA is a step too far for them, not like not like the age difference like emb for.
Speaker 2: Most I'm like, no, they still go to church as their priests molest their children like they are I feeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I'm just saying, like NAMBLET doesn't have like a huge underground swell of supporters of people that are like I mean, I actually think it's totally fine like most Like I was reading that people who even these.
Speaker 3: Like horrible like a lot of like horrible.
Speaker 1: Like people were like, well, I don't like, but I don't like NAMBLA, Like they'll be like they'll be like anti Semitic people like horrible bigots that are like but not these guys, like we're not like, you know, because it's criminal.
Speaker 2: But it also makes me wonder, like what is the percentage of pedophiles who think they're doing nothing wrong? And even those that are nambler, like, do they know they're actually doing something wrong and it's the cover and like they think it's love and consensual whatever and it's natural and the Bible told them it's fine and Greek people did it, you know, or whatever people say, or how many of it, like the people know it's wrong and get off on the torture pay and all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: I do wonder they both hurt children.
Speaker 2: I am just curious about the inner workings of a pedophile and how many know what they're doing is bad or they truly think it's some positive thing for this child.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have to think that it's like a way of coping with the fact that you know you're doing something wrong. It's like you're you're you're you've created an excuse for it, like oh no, they actually like love it and we're actually in a relationship and it's amazing and yeh no. I was like so shocked to learn so much about what I learned researching this episode. Like not just I mean we have I've always known about Nambla, but like this this uh sexologist and all this shit that went down in Germany.
Speaker 3: It's like so fucked.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess the post mortem on this episode.
Speaker 2: Never trust a man that place squash, Yeah, if never let a single man adopt children. And if any man goes to Central America, he's a pedophile, Like they cannot. Men should not be able to go on vacation alone. That's that's actually what we've learned. That's the main post mortem. Yeah, men should not be able to travel alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should, like there should be like a no fly list of just men that are like I just wanted to check out Thailand. I just wanted to see it and none of my friends were available, so here I.
Speaker 3: Am like no.
Speaker 2: And this idea of when the tie like weird guys that go to like Asia to get quote unquote submissive women or like they're just more submissive here, and it's like, no, they know how to act to get money because it's survival.
Speaker 3: You dumb fuck.
Speaker 2: You think they're just like submissive because they want to But you know what I mean, and it's not like the culture creates it.
Speaker 3: It's like they're playing you as well or not playing you. It's dire. It's not games.
Speaker 2: It's just like this idea that it's their culture to be submissive versus like what you need to do to survive and make money or do whatever to get out of a country, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also circling back to what you were saying before, it is really crazy how there is this disgust for NAMBLA and not for oh, like I'm nineteen and I have a fourteen year old girlfriend, or like just not waiting for people to develop their frontal cortex so that they can make decisions on their own life because.
Speaker 3: That's what they're into.
Speaker 2: Chloe Cherry who's in Euphoria, who is like a porn star for a long time. I don't know if she still does porn but in an interview shoot, and it's obvious if you like or know anything about it. But it's like they once you're twenty two year old, like you could be a milf at twenty eight and porn like what cells is eighteen? Like I think men or pedophiles deep down, Like I don't like that, and that leads the culture and and now it's been proven like besides us like being like, oh, conspiracy theory, It's like, no, the people that created the fashion while we were growing up and the trends were pedophiles and like these people want to rape children, and so it's like, yeah, but I think so, I think, and we've like talked about this before. It's like, because there is a twenty eight year old that can have just as banging of a physical body as an eighteen year old, right, Or a thirty eight year old can have like just as banging of a body as an eighteen year old. Yeah, it's the fact that you feel like you could just like control this person and tell them what to do, and like they're just like raising they would just look up to.
Speaker 3: You and go, oh my god, you're so in charge.
Speaker 1: You're powerful or smart or whatever is your kink that you want to be perceived as that they're just these blank canvases.
Speaker 2: Yes, because if you're thirty eight with a bang and body and have everything going for you, like you probably wouldn't be impressed with the men that date children, right, right, Like anything they do would not be impressive. But yeah, Chloe's Sherry was just and I you and you see it when you're on porn site. It's like eighteen freshot like that's what that's what the main that's what they want. And they're like there's this porn start Sha Gray and I feel like I've mentioned her before, but like so hot, probably one of the most beautiful people ever, and like people like the comments are so rude of like why don't you look like this?
Speaker 3: Why don't you do this?
Speaker 2: And she's like, well, now I'm twenty seven and then I was eighteen, so like what are you talking about? And like, yeah, that we're that even the idea that you should have the same body you had in high school and that that's what everyone should be working towards is crazy. Yeah, I mean body stuff, all of it. And it's like when you bring up these things in terms of feminism or just like whatever, it's seen like too much or you're nitpicking, but it's like it all is a symptom of stuff and all connects and it all is symbolic of huge stuff. Like when I hear people talking about like now that like muscles are in like how long, Like the propaganda that like lifting weights would make you look like a man for women.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Like I was watching a.
Speaker 2: Man talk about it, where it's like that is patriarchal propaganda to make sure that you're not strong so you can get thrown around in murdered and thrown in a river.
Speaker 3: You know, my gosh, wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even think about it that way, but like I Chracy Anderson and that was like the whole thing was super super lightweight because you don't want to get bulky, you don't want to get too.
Speaker 2: Even though science is like, no, we all should be building our muscle for osteoporosis so we're ready or whatever it is or muscle a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not a scientist, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's really cool to see the new wave of fitness be like strong strength, fight like and.
Speaker 1: I think part of it also people are talking about perimenopause a lot more like women are talking more about perimenopause, and that whole thing is like you gotta start hooting, you gotta get your muscle mass up.
Speaker 2: Like, but that's also so connects right now that you mentioned it to pedophilia and patriarchy, because it's just like men don't care about old women. Yeah, so there's no research ever that there was no research made.
Speaker 3: No one gave a fuck it is.
Speaker 2: It's so perverse and sick, and it's like then we're meant to like seem sillier. We're over exaggerating or like about these little things that quote unquote don't matter. But it's like they do matter when it's all piled up on each other and you have to fight it, and then it's like, well, if you don't like it, do it. And it's like fighting against the grain is not an easy path, yeah, because people always like to say like you say it like it is. I'm like tons of consequences, like constant consequences to trying to fight people, you know what I mean, or the system, like even me playing football in eighth grade, Like I got the shit beat out of me. And I'm not talking because it's football, but because they hated me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's just like it's just always, it's just always yeah, and then yeah, yeah tough.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they gave you like an extra hard time on the football team.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's this game where it's like, you know, someone starts in the middle and everyone runs, and then whoever that person tackles ends up in the middle, and then you keep running back and.
Speaker 3: Forth until the last house.
Speaker 2: They left me for last on top all the time on purpose, so then they could all beat the shit out of me. Or like we would be scrimmaging in practice and it would be over and I'd get just fucking rocked. Or like one time we were playing another team and someone grabbed my face mask and started headbutting my chin, and I had like a giant bruise on my chin. I told you, like my school thought I was being abused. We had to have a whole meeting with my family. What the fight you were? Like football? I was just bruised and like the game is rough, but like the like yeah, they didn't want ye.
Speaker 1: They were like, if we give her the right bruise, she'll quit. Like if we get her good, she'll quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And obviously, like that was my young brain's idea of what feminism is, like I should join this guy thing, so you know, but I was in eighth grade and that's just what I thought.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's that's so fucking nuts.
Speaker 2: Oh. They and I would also have like two braids under my helmet and they would pull the braids and throw me to the ground. Yeah, that's like a movie. That's why I want anyone at the comedy cellar and stuff fucks with me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you guys don't even know you.
Speaker 1: It's like those videos, those old like meme videos that are like you think you can hurt me. I was the only girl on my eighth grade football team and they fucking tortured and.
Speaker 3: I had my period and white pants wearing a pad. My god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I'm like perioding in white tight pants getting rocked.
Speaker 1: Like nobody can ever say you haven't done the work for feminism.
Speaker 3: No one can say it. That's fucking insane.
Speaker 2: And now like people are coming around to like kind of hating Chris Rock a little bit, Like people are like, yeah, he was so rude during the comics. Who's the worst shut He's this and that, And it's like I just am always ahead, always ahead. Come you guys will all catch up to me at some point in terms of man hatred. And I don't know where this came from, like because in third grade I told my parents I was not having children, Like, I don't know, is it because I watched.
Speaker 3: The Nanny, Like, I don't know where this is all friend Dreasure's vault. Yeah, yeah, I am so curious.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think about like brave kids that know they need to like escape cults, Like how do you know?
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Like an innate sense of what is right and what is wrong and what is for you and what is not for you?
Speaker 2: But how does that happen when you're like in a cult? Like I think about these kids that escape cults all the time, and like they just knew something was up, yes, knew, or religion anything where or you realize your parents don't know, or like yeah it's I just where does it come from? Well? I also just knew that my mom cleaned and cooked and did everything and worked and I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: I just saw that.
Speaker 2: And my sister too, She's like I saw mom cleaning on the weekends while us with dad would go do fun stuff, and I said, never, never will that be?
Speaker 3: Oh see, I thought it's so cool.
Speaker 2: My mom is like a doctor and like the boss, Like my mom made more money than my father.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's add that to the mixes. We I didn't know that until I was older. But yeah, of course, yeah, yeah, but my dad worked very hard.
Speaker 2: He just had to work more while my mom got to go to call like school to learn English.
Speaker 3: Like it's not like my dad was some you know chump.
Speaker 2: He was working, like he was waking up at four thirty in the morning, all activities.
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad I had a dad that hung out with me and rollerbladed and did all these things. But like, it sucks that my mom missed out, but it was also her only time to be alone. So she liked us all leaving because cleaning was the only time she could get rid of us.
Speaker 3: That's I can relate to.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: I can relate to that.
Speaker 1: Jared took the kids out last Sunday for like an hour to go get food and I just talked on the phone with a friend for like an hour, and I was like like just lying on my bed. I was like, I never do this. I never talked to somebody in the middle of the day like and just chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what do you think about I mean, we need to wrap this up, but like it is this thing I've been seeing where you didn't have to be as active above a parent back in the day. Yeah, like my mom talks on the phone, you know what I mean. Well, but like we weren't expected to spend this as much time. I've just seen this online, so I don't know the realities. No, it's a hundred percent, it's one hundred percent. Like you would also just say go out.
Speaker 1: They would just say go out and play, and like my kids do that too, like a small extent, but they expect to be entertained all the time, and like they want our attention all the time.
Speaker 3: It's just different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Sundays and Saturdays, I remember like sitting around the house having to go to Hebrew school. After Hebrew School, my dad take me to the goddamn hardware store for an hour while I sat there like staring into space. I would not get away with ten minutes of that. Like they would just be like what are we doing here? I mean, they would whine until I died. So I don't know. I don't know what we set ourselves up for. But it's different. And then my parents look at me like why don't you why can't you get this under control? And I'm like, oh, because we're not allowed to hit them. We can't hit them. We can't smack them. How do they react when you say that?
Speaker 3: They're like they laugh, they think it's funny.
Speaker 1: And then and I go and like, you're not supposed to send them to their rooms, Like I mean, you can separate them whatever for like like I need to separate you because you're hurting somebody or whatever, but like, you don't go just We had a chair in my house that was called the chair, and it was go sit in the chair, and it was just facing the wall of our dining room and you just had to sit and stare at the.
Speaker 3: Wall until our parents told you could get up? Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: I could never My kids would never fucking do that, And I wouldn't want.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I also love.
Speaker 2: The videos of like parents having to discipline their kids but they just want to laugh so hard because like, oh yeah, but they have to discipline, but they're just like, loo, it's so.
Speaker 1: Hard, especially like when Oscar will swear now and it's so funny coming out of his little mouth and I'm like, stop, don't talk like that. You can't, but like I can't stop laughing. But okay, let's move on to what would sister Peg do? This is our weekly segment where we direct you towards an article, a blog, a documentary.
Speaker 3: I love to say a blog, a doc like.
Speaker 1: A movie, something to give you more info, or an organization where you can donate. But this week, obviously I don't want you donating to NAMBLA. So I wanted to just point you guys to the article in The New Yorker that I used for part of my sources in my research, because it's actually super interesting.
Speaker 3: It's very long.
Speaker 1: I didn't have time to cover like every aspect of it. It's one of those like long New Yorker reads that you can like curl up with for a long time. It's called the German Experiment that placed foster children with pedophiles by Rachel Avive, and it gets into all the details behind this horrific experiment of German psychologists and sexologist Helmut Kenler. So if you're interested in more details than I could provide on the pod about that, head over to The New Yorker and that will be linked in our show notes, and that goes up as a story the day that this episode comes out, and then all of our what would sister pegde stories are saved in our WWSPD highlights on our Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 2: And next week Double Up, Double Up American Dream and Sanctuary. They're put us one on Hulu, so don't worry. Season eighteen episodes twenty and twenty one. As always, thanks for listening. Come see me. I'll be in Minneapolis and Houston soon. Bye, everyone, see you next week. That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episode you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email at That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and.
Speaker 3: At Glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: And to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Coottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly Gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media dut dun