Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Day Podcast. We've got a brand new episode for you today. Yeah, and I'm gonna say kudos to this woman on the phone just for the sole reason of putting in the work to meet a guy.
Speaker 2: It really is she's doing the most. That's for sure. She got a second job in order to meet single men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i mean, motivate yourself.
Speaker 2: You know she's motivated. Motivating. All right, you're gonna hear it in just a second. But comments, what do you got? Yeah, this and said, do you record your introt too early in the morning for Jeff? Or is he locked in the back office and you only let him out for the show?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: We definitely only let him out for they he is locked away. Aay, yeah, I mean it's really nice. We don't have hr around here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They used to be like let him out to eat, to let him out to breathe. Okay, all right, here's your brand new Second Date update. It starts right now.
Speaker 2: I'll go let Jeff out for this. Fine for a little while.
Speaker 6: Second Date update, Big day on the show, because Denise is back.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting for Denise.
Speaker 3: We all have.
Speaker 6: You may remember her from a Second Date update around six months ago or so, where her strategy was to find available men at the golf course. She decided to take up the hobby and she would go there and say.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, I don't know how to do this? How do I swing this long metal stick?
Speaker 6: And then well to do gentlemen would come over and help her. She ended up meeting one guy named Franklin who owned a couple of car washes. That whole thing didn't work out in the end, but Denise is not giving up.
Speaker 2: That's right, Denise, she is.
Speaker 6: Requesting our help once again, but not hitting the golf clubs. Apparently, according to your email, Denise, you've got a new strategy to meet guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, it do tell okay.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about other places that eligible single guys would be okay, and I realized that around the holidays, there's a lot of them around the perfume counter, shopping for their moms and their sisters and their aunts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, says keep the list going there.
Speaker 2: I buy for their moms.
Speaker 3: IM, but I have my mom chocolate strawberry. So there's a line next time to.
Speaker 5: Far fetch right.
Speaker 1: You know, we we actually are a little confused in these because most men buying fragrance.
Speaker 2: They're going to have a significant other.
Speaker 5: Most exactly exactly, or maybe he's helping his friend.
Speaker 3: We didn't think of that, bro.
Speaker 6: You can't see the look on Brook's face right now, but she is shaking her head, very skeptical about this entire thing.
Speaker 1: It's a reach, but it sounds like it works for you because you're on with us, and you must have met somebody this.
Speaker 5: Way, right, Yes, so I did get a part time job at a department store. I do have a full time job, but I'm just doing this at night to meet guys. I'd say it's I'm going to a bar and spending money to meet guys. I can have a job to get money and still the guy.
Speaker 2: So who'd you meet?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I didn't meet a guy. His name is Caleb. You know, while I was working there, I noticed that not Caleb, but like a lot of guys were married and they would slip their ring off.
Speaker 2: No, what sketchy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's something about a really good conversation that gets these men going.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a conversation did they have? You can ask who they're buying it for straight out?
Speaker 5: Well, Okay, so towards the end of the night, that's when he came in, and I was kind of hoping that he wasn't the one, but you know, I was hoping that maybe.
Speaker 2: Did you say you were hoping that he wasn't the one?
Speaker 3: Single one? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: I mean not somebody like, oh my gosh, at first sight, I'm head over heels the one, but a really nice to die I like options.
Speaker 3: I like he surprised. He surprised you when he came over to the counter.
Speaker 2: It sounds like or he was the only option that was single.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, what really caught my eye was that he was very shy compared to all of the guys that I've seen all day, and he was actually getting perfume for his mom. Found they exist, okay, but he didn't know what to get her. So that's where I came into place, luckily, okay, and I took this opportunity to flirt with him, and I sprayed some on my head and all my neck.
Speaker 2: You had him smell your neck? Does this smell like your mom?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: All the moves, okay, all of it.
Speaker 5: He went to one of the perfumes and I rung him up and you know, he just kind of stood there while hanging around the counter because you know, he's so shy, and I was just initiating conversation, so I was very very direct and I said, if you want to ask me out, it's okay, you can.
Speaker 3: I wish every would green flag, like come on, buddy.
Speaker 2: No, because if they say no, that I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Go against rejections.
Speaker 4: Day.
Speaker 3: What did Caleb say?
Speaker 5: Well, he said, okay, will you go out with me?
Speaker 4: Cute?
Speaker 5: I said yes, and I wrote my number on his receipt.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: And then after he left he had texted me a couple of times. There hasn't been an official date, Timid.
Speaker 3: Did you bully him into a like?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say bully, I would say strongly convinced.
Speaker 3: You could have said no to I totally can't.
Speaker 1: You weren't shy and you love that line that she just gave it, So maybe it's universal. Do you think he just doesn't know what to do on a day, like I'm being serious, like doesn't know where to go, what to play.
Speaker 5: I think because he is so shy, maybe all of this might be a little overwhelming for him. Maybe he doesn't actually like act women out on the regular, or do you.
Speaker 6: Think maybe he's taken already and was also being a little bit sneaky with you.
Speaker 5: I've seen cheaters, I know how they move.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he's a MoMA's boy.
Speaker 6: It might be possible he put the perfume on his mom and then he was like, oh wow.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Like we already did a lot of jokes that would do it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's a possibility for a shy boys dating his mom.
Speaker 2: Now, shy boys want to hook up with their mom.
Speaker 6: Put everything on the table, and then we'll find out the truth when we come back. We're gonna call Caleb and find out who he really wants to go out with. Second dates rules for Jeff happening right after this second date update. If you're a shy boy who's buying perfume for his mom this holiday season, what be careful because it might.
Speaker 3: Be a trap.
Speaker 2: Maybe you want to trap death?
Speaker 6: You maybe do? And I say that because our listener Denise is a purposeful dater. She tries to put herself in situations so she can meet available men who aren't on the apps. Yes, like in a previous episode, she was trying to meet guys at the golf course. But now since it's around the holidays, she's been trying to meet single men at the Perfume counter by working there part time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that is commitment.
Speaker 5: Perfume's not cheap, so I get kind of checks.
Speaker 6: Her boxes right available probably well success thoughtful gifts might be a little bit counterintuitive, but there are lots of clueless guys out there who need help shopping for presents, hopefully for their mother or for.
Speaker 1: Their sister, or maybe there's a guy out there that's buying perfume or colone for himself.
Speaker 3: For the homeless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for chair homeless. They need other things first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't go around sprintsing the homeless. Not a good move, but it is how she met Caleb, and she even kind of pushed him into asking her out.
Speaker 3: The problem is he hasn't followed.
Speaker 6: Through with the actual date yet, So that's where we're gonna try and step in and help.
Speaker 3: Is that right, Denise?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, didn't recap.
Speaker 1: Worried that we're gonna scare him even further, like he's a shy guy.
Speaker 5: And then I mean it has been some weeks, so I definitely need the help. Okay, I can't do it. I'm gonna come off to pushing. I'll scare him away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, if it's been weeks, what does she have left to lose at this point, he's gonna ghost her even more?
Speaker 2: The same thing, true, that's true.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll try to talk softly and not frighten him.
Speaker 2: No, it's.
Speaker 5: What was that?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, we'll be delegate with a shy future boyfriend and we will try and get him to say yes to actually going out on this date with you.
Speaker 4: So here we go.
Speaker 3: Just need him to say that. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Caleb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just Caleb.
Speaker 3: Hey man.
Speaker 6: This is a radio shows Strong jeff Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Yeah, good morning, morning. We're a show.
Speaker 6: We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I don't know if you've heard of us before.
Speaker 4: I believe I heard of it.
Speaker 6: Okay, well maybe you've heard of the segment that we do that's called the second Date Update, where we try to reconnect listeners after they've met up once and they're having trouble seeing each other again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So okay, okay, So that's what we're trying to do here with you.
Speaker 6: Because one of our listeners, Denise has been trying to get a hold of you to me.
Speaker 2: Remember, Denise smells good, Denise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well this.
Speaker 4: Must be a joke because I've been texting her.
Speaker 3: Yeah I heard that.
Speaker 6: But Denise feels like you haven't made enough of a push to actually go out on the date.
Speaker 1: Like it almost feels like you're texting her out of obligation, not because you actually want to see her.
Speaker 2: Is she reading that right?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, I like her, you do, okay?
Speaker 4: Is yeah? I just I just can't come out with her.
Speaker 3: Oh no, ever is there a reason.
Speaker 4: No, it's I want to, It's just not the right time, not yet, Not yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does what does it mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got some I have some things I'm working on, working on myself, and that's what I'm going.
Speaker 6: I mean, with all due respect, people are dating. They have busy lives, and sometimes they just can't wait forever. So we're just trying to figure.
Speaker 1: Out how long this self time is going to take. Exact we're talking in another week or are we talking two years?
Speaker 4: Uh? Well, I'm not exactly sure. I ordered some special supplements and I'm trying them out see whether they're affected.
Speaker 6: So you mean like health supplements some people do like skin like my buddy takes one fish oil or whatever.
Speaker 3: For sure? What what?
Speaker 6: What kind of supplements are we talking about? If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 4: I probably shouldn't say more than I did, but okay.
Speaker 1: Oh, we didn't need to get into a private matters.
Speaker 2: I was thinking maybe hair loss. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 4: Well? Does that have to do with growing?
Speaker 5: What like went somewhere?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mean like I'm doing fingernails right, Yeah, I could be it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I shouldn't say anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, yeah, we really shouldn't ask anymore.
Speaker 4: Stop asking.
Speaker 6: You're testing out multiple supplements, it sounds like, and seeing what works.
Speaker 3: That's why you're waiting.
Speaker 1: Are you asking, Jeff? Because you're wondering what the results are for yourself.
Speaker 3: My motives are business like. Also, what are you taking? You're just results? Yeah, you're just.
Speaker 4: You're you truly want to be ready for Denise if it goes well.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I think supplements are no supplements you could do.
Speaker 2: That, you could be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Trying to hype them up. I feel.
Speaker 3: To be one of the guys I've tried to make it feel better.
Speaker 2: I wanted to feel bad about whatever it is.
Speaker 3: I know what Brook's trying to say.
Speaker 6: She's trying to say, Caleb, Truly, a lot of people think that they have it in their mind. Oh I'll start dating once I lose five pounds or once my hair transplants come in. You're waiting for the perfect moment, but there really is never a truly perfect time. You just got to say, you know what, I like this person, I'm going to go for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well they always say.
Speaker 6: Weve comes and you at least expect it, right, not when you play the most for it.
Speaker 4: I just think Denise is really gonna like it.
Speaker 2: I don't, but yeah, it's good.
Speaker 6: And I don't know if this is a if there's a good thing or a bad thing, but I have a feeling you would never go out with Denise unless I told you that she's actually on the phone right now listening to this whole thing.
Speaker 5: Hi, kleb.
Speaker 4: Embarrassed.
Speaker 5: No, it's say I'm flattered that you you know you really want to be ready for the tape? Yeah, thank you, of course, I mean you don't. You don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 4: Though I do.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no. I just mean I thought you were cool the way you were where we met, and that's what attracted me to you. Like this physical mm hm.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, Yeah, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: Super cool dude.
Speaker 5: You know you don't need to take supplements or whatever. It is just because of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I think he's like it.
Speaker 5: I want to respond to that. I hope I like it. iOS.
Speaker 4: I have a new one coming in this week and it's really promising.
Speaker 2: How many of you tried?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called beard burst. I'm trying to get facial hair.
Speaker 2: What did you just say?
Speaker 4: Beard burst? It's her facial hair because beards are really hot.
Speaker 5: Right now, it's about facial hair. Yeah, have a cute faith without facial hair.
Speaker 6: I mean, oh my god, it so delicate.
Speaker 3: Kid with him? What I don't think I want to tell you. Yeah, I thinks are thinking the same.
Speaker 2: Listen to this back after yes difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god, did you think I was trying to order drugs?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: But yes, yeah, I don't have facial hair and I wanted to get bigger and I just can't grow it.
Speaker 2: Okay, nobody tells about that.
Speaker 5: Listen I am pro wanting to feel better about yourself. So you know what, if you're on this bear journey, I will go on this journey with you.
Speaker 3: Wow, bear journey together.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean you're going to grow your own right.
Speaker 3: Desperate this.
Speaker 5: As long as I can be your personal facial misogyn I think we can make this work.
Speaker 1: The best offer we brought tired of working at the perfume it's a.
Speaker 6: Much better offer than the one that I'm about to give where we're going to pay for your next date if you'll agree to see Denise one more time.
Speaker 4: Caleb, Oh yeah, absolutely, I really want to see her. I just I just hope you don't need a Hemsworth's at the perfume counter and kick my.
Speaker 5: No, I'm sure Hemsworth would have nothing on your seat heart.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, she's great, bro.
Speaker 2: Have you looked at the photo of them recently? She's great at line?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did meet him at the perfume counter.
Speaker 3: Guy, okaydion of him. That's right.
Speaker 6: We started on a mission to get Denise a date from her perfume counter, and she found her perfect Hemsworth look alike.
Speaker 3: Well, soon soon they'll be looking like Helmsworth sounds like the opposite of Hemsworth. Caleb, you're the man, Caleb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, And tonight I'm going to delete my Tinder profile.
Speaker 3: All the ladies wore.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning Man.
Speaker 6: Talking about out medical things on the radio, even even supplements.
Speaker 3: You really gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The problem is is that when somebody says that you don't want to ask a lot of questions, but then that leaves it open to interpretation exactly, which was obviously wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I wish he would have just came out and told us beard blaster pills right at the start of the conversation because we could have avoid a lot of awkwardness.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like skin moisturizer at first.
Speaker 3: It's almost the same, like fish oil. Oh no, it's beard grower.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: The problem was he was talking about how Denise was really gonna like it, and he mentioned growth a few times.
Speaker 3: That just it led us into a weird space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but good thing we called him. How long would it have taken to his beard group? It would have been half a year.
Speaker 3: Still not big enough to reach my knees.
Speaker 2: There's another whisker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what we did it. We got him to go out on a date. So hopefully they reach out to us again and give us an update.
Speaker 2: On their issuation. Yeah, reminded us of where our minds always go to.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely send us photos of the beard when it comes in, Caleb, but that was I'm still worried. Okay, just send them right to me. But that was a special holiday second date update. If you want to hear more, you can go to Spotify, iHeart Apple, wherever you get your podcasts, find it pop, a few supplements and binge