Speaker 1: What's that at the bed spooky? Hey, Juky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, Ima Nandez Police, Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal and ooh do I love this person today, Deborah d g o Vanni. If you don't know the comedy of Deborah d Giovanni, I will give her an endorsement. And let me tell you some of your favorite comedians. They'll all tell you deb is that girl. She is so funny. If you ever get the chance to see her where you live, go but you'll see what I'm talking about in a moment. First, let me read you a tale. This one comes from Jamie. Jamie writes, Hi, Roz love you love the show. Thanks Jamie. A few years ago, I was back home visiting my family. Standing in the kitchen of my parents' home with my brother, niece and nephew, and a family friend. We were recounting funny stories of our dearly departed Grandpa Duncan, who had passed away the previous year. Gramp, as we called him, had a great sense of humor and was a bit of a trickster. I was telling the story of him teaching me to drive when I was sixteen. I was at the wheel of his little red pickup truck and Gramp was in the passenger seat. He would casually stick his arm out of the window and slap the side of the truck for no good reason other than to mess with me. My family and I are all having a good laugh at this story, and then a crash from the next room. We all stopped and looked at each other. I walked into the adjoining room to see what had caused the commotion. There on the floor, in front of an open closet lay the door harp. A door harp is a little wooden plaque that you hang at a door, with three metal strings affixed to it and three wooden balls that hang so that they ding the strings. These door harps were popular in our family during the nineties. This particular door harp was heart shaped and painted on it where the words home is where the heart is. I turned to show everyone else. We all looked at each other and all exclaimed Gramp along with what the fuck, holy shit, how did that happen. When I went to replace the door harp to the shelf it had long sat on in the closet, I noticed nothing else had fallen or been disturbed. Somehow, it was just the door harp that had flown off the shelf for no good reason other than to mess with me. Such a grandpa duncan move. Oh Grandpa duncan. I love that, he said. Does someone say my name? Let me pluck this harp real quick. That's adorable. Thanks for sending that, Jamie. And if you want to send me a ghost story to read on the show, I'd love to read it. Just send it to ghosted by rozat gmail dot com. All right, let's talk to the hilarious Deborah d Giovanni and with the show. Oh my god, I don't believe it, you guys, I found her the funniest woman in the world. Debra di Giovanni, Hello.
Speaker 2: Here, Thank you for bringing me here back to life with you.
Speaker 1: You kill me. I'm already laughing.
Speaker 2: Stop. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm so good? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm all right.
Speaker 3: I just got back from Canada last night.
Speaker 1: And you are Canadian.
Speaker 3: I am Canadian.
Speaker 2: This I wasn't in the part of Canada that I'm from. I'm East coast, I'm from Toronto. But this was right in the middle, in the prairies, so dry. I've had to dip myself in vassily in this morning. I just have to. I have to bring moisture back into my body. Wow, negative ten degrees celsius. I don't know what that is, fair night, I can't help you, but it's could well.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you grew up in Canada. When did you move to America? Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, twenty fourteen, right as Trump, I thought, this is the time to go.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's beautiful time.
Speaker 2: Welcome, welcome, immigrants, and so yeah, that was It's been God, it's been this since my tenth year. I guess.
Speaker 3: Wow, minus the pandemic, minus the pandemic.
Speaker 1: But other than that, well, since we talk about like ghosts and spiritual stuff here, do you feel that going from Canada to Los Angeles, I'm sure you're around more people that have crystals than have been to a psychic and know about astrology. Has that affected you at all?
Speaker 2: God? Bless. I don't think I knew anyone in Toronto. I'm not joking. I didn't need a crystal person I really didn't, So that is that is definitely a new thing. I knew some people that were you know, would want to do my chart and stuff, but crystal the new. So there you go.
Speaker 1: So do you own any crystals I have been given? I was gonna say, I have a feeling people have gifted you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think people see that I need something, so they give me a crystal. I find a lot of Please take this. Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: I can hurt.
Speaker 3: I'll take it. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. You want to wear it my bra yes, please, I don't care. I don't seek it out, but if it comes to me, I take it. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I accept.
Speaker 1: Do you know what kind do you have?
Speaker 2: I definitely have some rose courts somewhere. Oh and that Lindsay Adams, Oh, that Lindsay Adams. She's given me a handful of things.
Speaker 1: You are aren't You're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: He comes back tonight. He's in he's been in Italy for about a month.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know how.
Speaker 2: Gross Italy and Paris and wherever else he's been.
Speaker 1: Dear God, Well get that rose quarts out. I mean, that's all about attracting love and self love.
Speaker 3: And I know it's worked.
Speaker 2: I can finally take it out of my bra thank god, it's been there for years.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when it comes to just generally speaking, supernatural, paranormal, go all of it. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's get right into it. I grew up in a religious household. What kind Mom and dad like were what we would call a born again Christian. Oh so they went from like dad being Catholic, mom being whatever else was not Catholic, was a Protestant. I don't know. So it's like, you know, we went to church on Sundays for you know, appearances. But then somewhere, like when I was about twelve years old, my mother and father both found Jesus. He was behind the fridge.
Speaker 3: If you're wondering, We spot the crowds, but.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, a piece of toast they got just hanging out. You know, we found him.
Speaker 2: You know here he is.
Speaker 3: Thank God.
Speaker 2: All these years so things got a little strange dead And I tell you this because like it wasn't a fun household, do you know what I mean? Like it wasn't that sort of like believing in, you know, interesting things and being opened mind. It wasn't it was religious, right, Yeah, so my mother and father never were a proponent of that. But that being said, my mother, in all of the religiousness and all of the Christianity, told me never to play with the wija board. This is the only thing she ever said. She said, I'm going to tell you this right now. If you ask spirits to come, they will come. And I'm telling you forty years later, I've never used a wija board in my whole life, and I'm a little fearful, to be honest. So I definitely believe, but I don't think I have a very good relationship. I don't know. I don't have a good sort of vibe on it, do you know what I mean? Because my mom made it scary, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about wija boards all the time on the podcast, and I am the self appointed pr for OUGI Incorporated, and I'm also like the defense attorney for them, and I think that they've been given a bad rap fair enough. I think that there's a lot of reasons why people think that they're bad. But you know, now, when your mom says, if you ask spirits to come, they'll come. I think that weed boords are just one way that you can ask spirits to come. I think that people do it in all different kinds of ways.
Speaker 2: Percent it's such a religious like everything is a little doom and gloom, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: My mother, also my sex stock was also if you have sex, I'll kill you.
Speaker 3: So this is where I'm coming from. Do you understand?
Speaker 1: And then I'm not gonna contact you through a Ouiji board exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: You'll never see me again, you know, That's it. So, yeah, that's where we're coming from. But I'm still open. I think there's been a couple spooky sort of like unexplainable instances in my life.
Speaker 3: Not many give it to us.
Speaker 2: Okay. So my grandfather on my mom's side was my favorite, and he passed away when I was young.
Speaker 3: I was probably eleven, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was dynamite British from the Isle of Wight, and then yet I think he had Scottish in his family because he used to wear a tam which is like a Scottish beret. I believe cute, right, old man wearing that all the time cute And he used to call it his cabi. Now I don't know if that was the name for it or a nickname, I don't know, but he had it on his head all the time. And then when my grandfather passed, he left it to my mother, but then one of her brother's wives wanted it, so.
Speaker 3: She was like, you know, what would it be okay if we had it?
Speaker 2: Fine, no problem. So my mother had hung it in like the foyer, like the vestibule of our house, right and gave it to the other, to my other antique grape, and I don't know how many times, but I'm gonna say more than twice. It found its way back to our house. What I don't know, if it's an elaborate prank, but it found its way back to our house.
Speaker 3: I remember very.
Speaker 2: Distinctly having a moment where my mom who who brought this back kind of thing?
Speaker 3: And I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And then like you know, giving us the okay haha, and everyone's like, Mom, seriously, don't know. I mean we're children, like honestly, like nine year old brother, it wasn't us. And I'm telling you, I remember that on at least two episodes where was I giving back what I kind of sworn I'd taken it.
Speaker 3: Like that kind of conversation.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I maybe he didn't like it at the other house. Maybe they were doing weird stuff with it.
Speaker 2: I mean he wanted my mom to have it, I think, I mean, I think that was the message. He was like, no, I want it to be at my daughter's house and whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, this is where like the toy story aspect of it is so fun, like do you think it jumped into was it your aunt? You said yes, yeah, like it jumped into her purse and when she came over and then it would jump out.
Speaker 3: I mean, it seems and sounds impossible.
Speaker 2: I personally think, like now, I don't know someone was bringing it back, but it was one of those very spooky things because no one ever gave in on the joke, so I don't know if they were just I don't know.
Speaker 1: As far as you're concerned, it's an unexplained phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I say it unexplained phenomenon, and that's it.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I feel like too, I've had like, even if it was young, there were really like some spooky seeing things in a closet. I remember babysitting with all of my sisters. I have three sisters, and we were all together and we were kind of like shuffled off to a neighbor's house.
Speaker 3: Because there was a party happening, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I was young, and it was just it was a backdoor, a sliding back door thing that just hearing it open, hearing it close. I mean, are these just teenagers? But I remember the incident like it was yesterday. So it's like, is it just you know, a figment of imagination or was it it was? Really? It was spooky enough that I remember it forty years later. That's a ghost, a little you know, sliding glass door.
Speaker 1: I very well could be very well. I like that. Your mind is open to.
Speaker 3: That, haha, absolutely, So there you go.
Speaker 1: So I did a little research on a famous haunted story that took place in Canada. Now we don't talk about a lot of Canadian ghosts here. It just doesn't come up. But it's a big place. I know there's ghosts there.
Speaker 2: Big and vast, with a lot of sort of like space an area for spooky, like it really does, Jenny Eerie.
Speaker 3: Kind of Old.
Speaker 1: Canada is huge. Okay. Sometimes I forget about it until I look at a map.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the story and I might be saying this wrong. Maybe you can help me. Yep, a Toba Coke, The k is silent a Toba co a Toba co poulter geisto. Now. Most of the information I got here is from a twenty eighteen article from The Toronto Star, as well as a video I found from a YouTube channel called weird World. So this takes place in a Toba Cow, which is a suburb of Toronto. For anyone that does not know, the year was nineteen sixty eight. Albert and Sarah crack now that was their last name. Crack Now Albert and Sarah crack.
Speaker 2: Now, Oka is silent?
Speaker 1: It is well, yeah, I mean, I mean what of crack Now? They move in with their ten year old daughter, Shirley SHIRLEYE. Crack Now. They also have a twenty seven year old daughter. So they have a ten year old daughter. I wonder what happened there and a twenty seven year old daughter named Carol, and she had three kids and a husband, though I phone one sources that she had two kids either way. Some of the details here I'm not fully sure of the family dynamics, but they move into the upstairs apartment of this house. Okay, so again Albert Sarah was Shirley, their ten year old daughter. They're in like the main floor, and then the twenty seven year old daughter, Carol and her kids and husband are upstairs, just moved inky. One night, Carol is sitting in bed and she's probably just like, babe, Oh my god, thanks for marrying me. I'm so happy my last name's not cracked now anymore. I'm so happy we're living above my parents and our and our children's ten year old aunt. So they're just like, you know, doing that, and then bam, she hears loud thuds on the floor above in the attic. It's going from left to right, and not only is she hearing these footstep type thuds, she's also hearing loud laughter, and she's like, babe, babe. It turns out he was sleeping the whole time.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course they always are. Laughter is very scary, though, isn't it.
Speaker 1: All I ever crave is laughter until the middle of the night, and.
Speaker 3: There's exactly above you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, So he was sleeping. She finally like gets him up, and she's like, babe, get up and he's like, I already gave you three kids or maybe two, Like not tonight, babe, We're only twenty seven. I don't want any more kids. And she's like now, not that. She's like, do you hear upstairs? And then they both are freaking out because it goes on all night long, just laugh and thudding. So the next day they didn't get any sleep. They go upstairs to the attic and they find no source of the sound. There's just no way. Carol. This next day is like, I need a nap. So she goes to bed and wakes up very quickly feeling a person over her, and she feels a cold chill penetrate her body. The next night, the thumps and the laughs return at two am. At this point they go and stay at a friend's house. They return the next night and it starts, this time at twelve am, two hours earlier, and it's accompanied by a new sound. It's a sound that they described like nails on a chalkboard dragging.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's unpleasant, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so her husband's like, shut the fuck up. Apparently it works. However, by four am they're awoken because their cat, Fluffy Fluffy crack now ya, Fluffy is screaming and squealing.
Speaker 3: And cat's no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: They know, well, some reports say that the cat was thrown and hit something, and they're like, what's going on, Fluffy crack now? And they go out there and the cat is staring at the attic and she is terrified.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They then start to experience the entity during the daytime. One time they saw this brown light peeking out from the attic, and at one point she calls over a male neighbor who inspected but didn't really find anything. So words started to spread and two reporters from the Toronto Telegram came over to investigate. They saw one night there was like two hundred people outside. Because at this point the word has spread.
Speaker 3: This is entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like, show me, Fluffy crack now gets thrown against the wall. So by this point the whole family has they've moved downstairs, so I don't know the older parents with their ten year old daughter. I guess they're like, all right, fine, you guys can just come down here now, because you keep saying that there's a man laughing in the attic. So the two reporters stay the night upstairs. And they were getting inventive. They put down some flower on the ground.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, for the footprints.
Speaker 1: Of course. They they heard it and they ran up to the attic, and they noticed that nothing happened with the flower, and there was nobody there. So they called a reverend and his wife from a local spiritualist church. Oh, and the reverend went up there and he saw a blob floating with a brown hue. And the wife goes up there. She says she felt pain in her body and it became freezing in the room. Everybody that was there noticed this light, this blob light illuminated thing. And the reverend did his best exorcism impersonation, you know, he was doing the power of Christ compels. You did not work. It didn't take. So the next night the ghost is still there. Okay, the reporters are still there. They're setting up more experiments. They put bells on some fishing line, and this one night, the whole house was freezing. There were sounds, you know, the typical sounds, and there was the smell of rotting apples. Oh, they were port in the house. And after that the whole family was like, this isn't worth it. Okay, we thought this was going to be a cute, fun time in EPCO. So they decided I'm out, and the whole family left. They just moved out. There's some alleged research I heard about online that they did find that there was an eccentric old fortune teller lady that lived in that house at one point and spent a lot of her days in the attic. So was it her.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The report I found of that said that she didn't die up there, she lived there and she was being so eccentric to all the neighbors and being like just disruptive that she got evicted. They evicted this poor old fortune teller. So I don't know if she's coming back for revenge or what. But the current people, at least at the time of the twenty eighteen article I read, that live there. They say nothing's happened to them. So maybe it was personal.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was personal, a little vendetta from the fortune teller. It could be I'm just saying spooky. I love it.
Speaker 1: So that's the story of the APPA call poulter Geist of nineteen sixty eight. What do I call it? What is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: At this what you're doing, epicac, it's.
Speaker 1: What's the epicac?
Speaker 3: Who knows a toba cow a tooba?
Speaker 2: Co?
Speaker 3: I feel like there is, do you know?
Speaker 2: I mean, it seems that we have a lot of sightings and stories from the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 1: Yes, what happened?
Speaker 2: Does it thinned out a bit? What's going on now?
Speaker 1: It's before the Internet, of course, it's before everybody had camera phones. Yeah, fair enough, So you took someone's story a lot easier, I believe faith. Sorry to discredit a lot of people, but to be fair, nowadays people can fake stuff with videos so easily.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, so.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's ever going to be a time where someone will capture on camera or whatever a ghost and then people will be like, oh it is real. Very yes, So I don't know. I think because back then there definitely was a movement of trying to study this stuff in colleges and labs and take it seriously as a science.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, that was really.
Speaker 1: Big in like the sixties and seventies. Lots of books were written about it, lots of talk shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would get a lot of coverage. Yeah, yeah, And I think that like the Amneyville horror and the exorses.
Speaker 3: Yes, and what's that one? You're the one, the new one now that has the all.
Speaker 2: The conjuring, thank you very much. Yeah, very scary, very I will say this. I'm thinking now of more Canadian stuff. Oh yeah, because the East coast of Canada I really feel like has a tendency to be a little more haunted than not.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's older, and it's not a very sort of tempestuous ocean. It's rugged. It's kind of harsh living, if you will. So I feel like there's a lot out there. Like there is a story in Nova Scotia. There's a great city, Halifax. It had a huge fire in the early nineteen hundreds and it took down like half the city, right, so it just leveled it except for apparently one church. I should have researched the story, but it just came to me one church still stands outside of the fire. And apparently there was a bishop died in the fire. So on. But there's a very distinct, like a burnout pattern of a profile of a man in one of the very top windows.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the story goes that the windows have been changed and blah blah blah, and it keeps returning that part. I don't know that might be lower, but apparently, I mean I've seen it. I've seen it with my own eyes.
Speaker 1: Cool. I was just thinking for people that haven't gone back and listened to early episodes of this podcast. But there was this place that we talked about on an early episode called Stole Cemetery, and it just sort of reminded me when you talk about the fire not burning down this one place, this cemetery. They call it one of the gateways to Hell. One of the things is when it rains, there was I don't think it's still there, this church on the property that didn't have a roof on it, and it wouldn't get rain on the church. Everything around it would rain.
Speaker 2: And the inside would stay dry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Are you scared? You know?
Speaker 3: I am taking notes. I'm like, I'm gonna look into that later.
Speaker 2: I've look at it that I like it, especially, like just like you know, I bet you could take any town, just any town, go into it and be like, what's the ghost story? Oh, everyone's got one, right.
Speaker 1: That's why it's fun where you specifically grew up. Were there any like urban legends, you know what?
Speaker 2: There was only one and this is a little eh, not ghosty, but there was there was a god.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You think back now how we treated them right like we were children. There was the scary man, you know in the neighborhood. What do we call crazy Martin. I think his name was je I mean like cold bludded, but like he just lived in a big old house by himself and get classic, you know. I think he had been in the war and like obviously had had a lot of PTSD, you know what I mean. So he was a little odd as an individual, but we made him like we just made him into the scariest creature. Yes, did he sometimes stand on his balcony in his you know, undershirt, his boxers an undershirt, and maybe I feel like it was like people said he used to shoot a gun.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that. This is Canada.
Speaker 2: It might have been like a sling shot, let's be honest. But we were terrified of him, terrified of him, and it was just because he was an old man that sometimes did little weird things.
Speaker 3: But it was crazy Martin.
Speaker 2: And I remember his house was like behind our house, but kind of over to the left as well, but it was right connected by like a little pathway of our two doors down neighbor. It was the grandparents of our friend Lisa. We just call them Grandma and Grandpa Carol because they were old, so we just call them Grandma and Grandpa.
Speaker 3: Disrespectful but anyway, So we would play on their property because they had a fabulous tire.
Speaker 2: Swing hanging off of one of the trees and it was the best, but it boarded his property and sometimes every once in a while he'd come out screaming for us to leave, and we would run in terror, but there was always someone on the swing, do you know what I mean, So they had to stop the swing. Yes, And you're like, how about you're terrified? You were terrified?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows what crazy Martin's gonna do?
Speaker 2: I mean, which is this is not a dose. But that was our legend. That was the legend I'm remembering.
Speaker 1: When I was very young, we had a neighbor that was a man that lived alone and had a very overgrown yard and we just called him Jason because of the Friday the thirteenth movies. And I'm sure he was very nice.
Speaker 2: I'm shot, of course, but probably terrified to a child. Terrified.
Speaker 1: I mean, I look forward to being like the weird rich lady in the neighborhood that all the kids are scared of. I want nothing to do with kids.
Speaker 2: As children, was so scared, but now I think that's that's our goal. Good stay off of my lawn, that's what I want.
Speaker 1: I mean, no kids and not wanting people to. Yeah, be loud, no offense, but I'm sure you kids were screaming and having a gay old time out there. I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I lived by a high school at one point, Terrible, and I would hear every day at three pm the kids skateboarding by, and I wanted to yell out my window and.
Speaker 3: Scream, which you're like, I can't. I'm too young for that.
Speaker 2: Not yet.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it though. It's the role I was born to play.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, when you know, you know, I feel like you know, they say that ghosts spirits often appear to children. I'm like, that's probably because they're loud, they're noisy. The spirit's probably like please shut the fuck up, like please, And then there's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean, they're more fun to scare, They're easier to scare.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely. I'm sure there's a lot of us that are like can be faced with the ghosts and we'd be like, eh, do you know what I mean? Yeah, have you seen the price of gas? We would say, do you think this scares me at all? No?
Speaker 1: I don't have health insurance exactly.
Speaker 3: That terrifies me.
Speaker 1: Speaking of terrifying things, can I show you a haunted doll? Yes, it's time for a segment I call the dolls are living? Okay, jiha, could you please put up this doll for us?
Speaker 3: Oh God, I'm already terrified.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna be so scary.
Speaker 3: Oh what are we doing right now?
Speaker 2: Well, she's looking at me.
Speaker 1: Now. This is Scatter, that is their name. God. Scatter is a discount diva only going for ninety nine cents, which always adds to the legitimacy of these because I see quite a range sometimes up into the thousands. And to me, if you had a legit haunted doll, you would probably price it low just to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: You know what, That's a very good point, because if it's a moneymaker, you're not like seriously, how scared are you?
Speaker 3: Also, the touch of the rosary is very nice around the neck.
Speaker 1: There is a rosary. Okay, So what we're looking at here, Deborah, describe what we're looking at. Please.
Speaker 2: We are looking at the old timey doll that they show in movies from the twenties. Okay, So it is classic white nightgown, cotton right up to the neck, gent I mean, very long along to the ground, like at the lacey on the edge. You can't see hands or feet, but we know that inside you know what this is. Inside, it's got that like sand filled body. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah, And just.
Speaker 2: The hands and feet are probably porcelain, as is the face, which makes it a thousand times creepier because porcelain is always cold. Even the face is like temperature cold, but cold and spirit.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're on QBC right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going for ninety nine cents. It goes with all decors, everybody. You can fit this in the wreck room.
Speaker 3: The den. What do you want, hey, do you want to scare your in laws? The guest room pointed at the bed.
Speaker 1: Well, what really disturbs me about this is we know that like, the body is probably a baby sized body, but then it goes for like, I don't know, close to a foot longer. The dress, the nightgown.
Speaker 2: It looks like a confirmation dress or something like a baptismal dress kind of thing. So maybe you know what I mean, maybe the baptism went wrong. We don't know at this point. Also, no hair, no hair, so it's got a little cap on. Yeah, it's probably bald. It's just it's not smiling. Its lips are too redd. It's all very strange.
Speaker 1: But why the long dress is so scary to me is that either it would look great floating. Oh god, yeah, it would look like a ghost because it's a white long dress if it was floating for sure. Or what if you lifted up the dress and found that there were long legs underneath that actually went that leg.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh my god, that would be.
Speaker 2: So scary enough.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening, of course, has always go to ghosted by ros on Instagram. Under the tab dolls you can see a picture of scatter. You know, scatter comes with a little bio. So let me tell you about the person selling scatter for ninety nine cents. They have written this is scatter his oh his, oh, I'm so sorry. We've been mischief entering scatter.
Speaker 3: We're so sorry. That's why he's mad.
Speaker 1: Scatter is thirteen inches tall. This may look like a cute baby doll. No it doesn't, but I assure you his looks are deceiving. Scatter was sent to me about eight months ago from a paranormal group out of Tennessee. They ended up with this doll after one of their relatives had paranormal experiences with it. I am the type to collect paranormal things, but not all people like keeping negatives. I guess we call it in the community. This is a negative. The group decided to part with this item and a couple of others. With Scatter, you will feel a dark presence and at all times catch glimpses of a man holding something in his hand. I can never see him directly or fully. It's always super quick and only a side view.
Speaker 3: He doesn't look at it straight on because he's so scared.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: It could be? Or maybe turn and it's gone. They view the spirit box, which is a type of communication that paranormal investigators use famously. I used one, and there's a clip of it that recently went viral where I was called a slur so they used a spear box, and when they do, he will come across as rude and cold. When he's annoyed, he will use vulgar language. He gets annoyed by men quicker than he does women. Same. Most of his hostility is directed towards men. Scatter likes to scatter when someone walks into a room. That's where he got his name from. He will show activity until you acknowledge it, and he then will stop. Well, that's nice if he'll stop. If you're like, okay, I know you're here. He will take and hide my things if I bother him for too long. It's usually my keys. Oh he'll move your keys. Okay. Scatter is negative but not dangerous. Be sure to set ground rules with him. He would be perfect for the haunted collector or paranormal investigator. Don't miss your chance to bring this creep. It just says this creep.
Speaker 2: Guy home, okay.
Speaker 1: And then there's one little thing at the end. It says I wanted to update some things I found out about him. He's four to twenty friendly, he likes rock music, and at times he puts off the faint smell of alcohol. I gift him with shot glasses, cigars, and his favorite now is toothpicks. So Scatter knows how to party.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, ninety nine cents is a steal. This really hards the pun, but it's a steal.
Speaker 1: I can't get over the way you were describing this picture. I've never had somebody that was truly like a QVC like you were trying.
Speaker 3: I will go deep. I will go deep.
Speaker 1: Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Please, it's time for ev pee or ev poo. Please. Have you ever heard the term evp no? Okay? It stands for electronic voice phenomena. So this is anytime a paranormal investigator or really anyone captures what they believe to be a ghost speaking. So people will do this in a variety of ways on different types of recording devices, and then they PLoP it up on YouTube, and then eventually it comes across my desk and I play it for my listeners and my guests, and we try to decide what we hear the ghosts saying, okay, so I'll give you. I'll play it for you. Tell me what you hear and then I'll give you four options, one of them being the correct answer.
Speaker 3: All right, I like this game.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this first one was posted by a YouTube channel called Ghosts and Garbage payal Kids. So I believe their YouTube channel is dedicated to Ghosts and Garbage pail Kids the eighties.
Speaker 3: Excellent, Brandon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they we're driving through the Lexington Cemetery and Lexington, Kentucky, and they're in their car. I believe you can kind of hear their blinker faintly going in the background, but they're driving through the cemetery and then they hear this voice. Could you hear it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I don't love that. By the way, that sounded scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me play it again.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, Okay, can I guess what I think it says?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No fucking way.
Speaker 1: Oh it does sound like that a little bit. No fucking way. Okay, Well, here's four options.
Speaker 2: Okay, go is it a.
Speaker 1: No fucking way? I mean, I think we already know, but let's just listen to the other options.
Speaker 3: Okay, go, get me go, is it be stay.
Speaker 1: In your lane? Is it see I'll make you pay? Or d go girl? You slay. Okay, it could be one of those. Just keep your mind open. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: One more time. Yeah, I think it's I mean, we want to do we want to carry the skit on. Is what we want to do, but we can't. We have to say it's no fucking way.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is what ghosts and garbage pail kids believed. It said so very good. Wow one cold.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a tortured person. I have a lot of trauma.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Let's see how you do with this next one. This is the final one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This was posted by Sherry Stewart on YouTube, and it's at a famous haunted place called the Monroe House, which is in Hartford City, Indiana. What is this ghost saying? It's quick? Okay, let me put it again?
Speaker 2: It again?
Speaker 3: Okay, give me the options please and then I'll okay. Or do you want me to tell you what I think?
Speaker 1: If you have one?
Speaker 2: Hang up?
Speaker 1: Hang up? That is not what Sherry Stewart believed.
Speaker 2: My god, is it A I need that?
Speaker 1: Or all they need a little pick me up? Is it B? This is not enough? Is it C? Deny it all? Or is it D? Mister Laddie da, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Are these real submissions?
Speaker 1: My team of people have listened to this many times and they believe it could sound like any of those. Okay, and by my team of people, I do refer to me, that is me very late at night on YouTube. Yes, okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Go come on, hang on, that's what that is.
Speaker 1: Well, they believe it is. See deny it all. Oh okay, I hear this is not enough, but I can hear not enough. Okay, wait, let's try to hear deny it all.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, okay, well now that you say it, right, Okay, come on, I know, let's try another one. What is the other?
Speaker 1: No, that's it. There's only two. That's it until next time. Okay, So let's just do one last thing. I just want to kind of take a survey and see what your thoughts are on various unexplained phenomenon. Okay, maybe you have a story, who knows whatever? Sure, Okay, a Canada favorite Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, this one has been going on for a long time, right, I mean, obviously everyone's got a version of Bigfoot. Now, as I told you, it gets very remote and very you know, it's it's a lot up north. As we keep going north and Canada.
Speaker 1: No one can hear you scream exactly.
Speaker 3: No Canadian scream.
Speaker 2: And it's also okay, what I think about bigfoot might be a situation where a man found himself.
Speaker 3: Alone for a really long time, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I think it could just be a very you know, a person who's been living alone has adapted to the terrain and the solitude.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and so he just lives out there.
Speaker 2: Sure, maybe he's six seven and actually legitimately has a bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Has big feet and very hairy big feet and a big heart.
Speaker 2: As they say, hmm, I mean, I don't know. He could be French, Canadian or Italian background, such as myself. And trust me when I say I bought an electrolysist her car, There's no way I haven't. I've definitely put her children through college. What do we know? What do we know?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, take that for what you want.
Speaker 1: What about UFOs and the existence of aliens?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, my best friend Robin Dale is a big alien. Oh file, If that is a word, what do they call that alien? Enthusiast.
Speaker 1: I don't know a ufologist.
Speaker 3: I like that though.
Speaker 1: That's what they call like people that really are like studying it. They call it a uphologist.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she does this anymore, but when we were younger, she would go and listen to people speak. She was very oh okay. I remember she used to have a file that she said to me, I will never let you read this, and I was like, I don't want to. So she is very I'm scared. She's very yeah, believes it strongly. And she said, if I'm ever ready to know, then she'll tell me.
Speaker 1: Temora. Let's call her right now and say I'm ready tell us everything.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to have part two. Our sign off. She's my best friend for twenty six years. Our sign off since the world of emojis has always been heart alien face. We've been doing that for years and years and years. She is an alien. She loves it.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's been up there?
Speaker 2: I mean there was a good solid six months where I don't know, you know what I mean, in the late nineties.
Speaker 3: Where was she She says, it was, you know, a work thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure anyway, but she's upset, So I do I believe in that.
Speaker 3: Like again, it's I'm open to that as well, although because.
Speaker 2: Again maybe it's the religion. I'm not sure they're gonna come in peace. Really, I'm not so.
Speaker 3: Sure that it's gonna be like hey, everybody.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be like shoot first with lasers or whatever they do, ask questions later. This is what I think.
Speaker 1: This is another thing I've said, as like, I'm the defense attorney for they are clearly very smarter than us.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes, if they wanted to, they would have done it by now.
Speaker 2: Fair point.
Speaker 1: They are peaceful above us. How yeasy would that be just to take us all out? Okay, they're peaceful, I really think so.
Speaker 2: So maybe a watchful, a watchful kind of thing is more apt, you know what I mean. Maybe they're stead of just you know what, keeping keeping tabs just to make sure that we're okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like they don't want to intervene, but they lately are like, you guys, what is going on down there?
Speaker 2: Seriously, it's like the whales that are ramming boats. This is what's happening. I think, yes, like enough.
Speaker 1: Were are their view when they look out their windows, I know, and they're like this used to be beautiful.
Speaker 2: They're like seriously, they're like, shut the blinds. Shut the blinds. Yeah, that's what they're doing now because it's just yeah, we're sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do you think of psychics?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, this, I believe in that too, I really do.
Speaker 2: I believe that people just I think we all vibrate at different levels.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, different planes of existence?
Speaker 1: What level do you vibrate at?
Speaker 3: Like I'm barely above ground level?
Speaker 2: Like I mean, on a good day, on a good day, I've a couple inches off the ground if I'm lucky. But I feel like I do. I believe that people just have more intuition.
Speaker 1: But have you been to a psychic yourself?
Speaker 2: No? The only thing I have done, which this is probably why I like appreciate it. One time I was I don't know where, somewhere with all my teenage friends. I was probably like eighteen. And you know I have a twin sister, right, I have a fraternal twin sister. So we're nothing alike. She's seven minutes older than me. Nothing alike.
Speaker 1: Do you look alike at all?
Speaker 2: No? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wow, truly.
Speaker 3: We don't look like sisters.
Speaker 2: We never have. Yeah, we just looked like friends. But anyway, so this was probably when we were young, and there was I remember it was sort of like a vacationy thing and so there was like a street fair kind of vibe and there was doing palm reading and so on. So that was great. And then he read my sister Joanne, and then a bunch of our friends, and then he read me and he stopped and he was like, okay, one second, and chose my sister out of the group as my twin.
Speaker 1: So interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now here's the thing I was just thinking because I just talked to Dylan Adler, the hilarious comedian who is a twin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has an identical brother, yes.
Speaker 1: And I asked him my favorite thing to ask twins, which is, have you ever had like weird twin intuition things where you know that your twin is in danger or whatever? And he said, no, but what about you?
Speaker 2: See now I would say the same, because again, I do think it's also because we are fraternal. I think that might be more of an identical twin thing phenomenon. But I will say that there is. I don't know if there's a very intense sort of like just there's a connection there just is you know, like I know when like e through a text, you know, not even just like are you mad? Like I know when my sister is upset, even just through texting. Yeah, like I just know it's like now's the time to call her. Does that mean anything? No? Or is it just because you know, we've been on this earth together for a long time and she's still she was my very very very best friend all of our youth, our twenties, you know, she gets married whatever, so it's not as close, but like it was, you know, it was a never speaking or thoughts orever, but there was just a.
Speaker 3: Very intense need to protect each other.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: So it's sort of been like that, you know, just not like oh I was thinking about you, what's going on? That kind of thing, do you know? With alarming accuracy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cool, all right, let's do one last one. Okay, okay, lackness monster.
Speaker 2: You know what, that one probably the most out of all of them, because that would just be evolutionary thing.
Speaker 1: The most out of all of them, you believe in it.
Speaker 2: I think the most likely to be true, you know, because it just feels like to me, you know, ocean, lakes, water, whatever, it's very we don't know. You know, there are and we all hear all the time that there's areas of ocean that we'll never see. You know. Come on, you're.
Speaker 3: Telling me that some stuff doesn't live down there.
Speaker 1: The lock where it, like loch Nets is not.
Speaker 2: Huge huge, It's not ocean.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Apparently people still say they see that thing.
Speaker 3: They still see it?
Speaker 2: Is that the same? Is there an og pogo? Am I making that opposite? Canadian?
Speaker 1: I'm not familiar. Are you putting a spell on me? Og Pogo?
Speaker 2: I've done it? Thank you for much.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason I said yes to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is og pogo? Is that like a creature? Let's look up og Pogo?
Speaker 2: I feel like it was a Lochnessy type vibe related somewhere, but it might be Canadian okay.
Speaker 1: Og pogo ooh. In Canadian folklore, boom, there we go. The og Pogo is a lake monster that is said to inhabit o Canagan Lake in British Columbia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okanagan Lake.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Okanagan. Oh, that sounds way better. Some scholars have charted the entity's development from First Nations folklore and widespread water monster folklore motifs. The og Pogo now plays a role in the commercial symbolism and media representation of the region. That is from the ogo Pogo's Wikipedia page. It seems like so many places in the world have a bigfoot type creature, yes.
Speaker 3: And a lockness water dwelling they do. It feels like every culture has something, has something.
Speaker 1: You know, and these go back way, way, way far when they weren't texting and online and talking to each other or even reading books that each other wrote. So I'm like, that makes it seem legit.
Speaker 2: It's all stories being passed down from generation to generation, you know.
Speaker 1: But could it be like a descendant of like a dinosaur.
Speaker 2: Yes, that those are all the things you know. M anyway, Sorr, I've added an og pogoch of your life. There we are. Thank you you're OCODMN.
Speaker 1: This has been so fun. Please come back sometime.
Speaker 2: I will. I will.
Speaker 3: You know what, maybe I'll get some more Canadian info for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, be our Canadian correspondent.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you know, actually I just finished touring with the boys, and like, I remember one story of a farmhouse, so let me, let me, let me do some recon.
Speaker 1: Ooh a teaser. Tune in for the farmhouse story next time we have de Giovanni back. Okay, can you tell everyone what you want them to know where to find you? All that stuff?
Speaker 2: So Instagram Deborah DG d e b r A DG TikTok Deborah DG but d e b r A d I G I I know we like to keep it confuseding.
Speaker 3: My new album will be coming out soon mid mid April.
Speaker 2: Untitled as of this moment, So that album will be coming out, and I just got just got some touring coming up, so I'll be on the Pacific Northwest for March and April.
Speaker 1: So yeah, ooh, I know we got listeners over there. I was over there not that long ago. And people go see Deborah Yah, so funny. If you thought this was funny, just wait until you see her on stage and there's not me piping in every five seconds.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you so much, Annie.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Deborah. Be sure to go check her out live and on stage. She's the best, and so are you. I love you. All both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Carroll. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth the Spooky Georgia, hard start and the frightening Danielle Kramer