Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Saturday, July eleventh, and only one episode left We Love Island season eight, and the next to last episode we saw last night, and boy, they say they're worst for last. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and tj Okay. First of all, the challenge was awful, and then I'm not happy with the final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It went from some reflection, some emotion. We're into the heartfelt conversations that are taking place among the Islanders talking about how wonderful family Day was for just about everybody but Melanie and Sincere, and then everyone having serious conversations about what their relationships are going to look like outside of the villas.
Speaker 4: So you were feeling it, We're invested.
Speaker 3: We're into it, and then producers decide to do exactly what we've all been screaming about, put up a disc gusting challenge and they saved the worst for last.
Speaker 1: It was it was this was this was the first one robes where even the Islanders didn't want to be there.
Speaker 3: I was going to say even the Islanders were grossed out in a way that I haven't seen them be disgusted before, and I've been we've been grossed out for them, and they have seemed to kind of laugh it off and kind of be invested regardless even in some of the slime and the stuff that they've had to do and eat and perform with this sardines and mayonnaise. Just having those two things in the same sentence, I actually felt like in moments that I was going to barf, Like it actually set off gag reflexes for me watching them. For them too, it was like they were what is it called when you is it uh not you bird?
Speaker 2: Somebody?
Speaker 3: When you actually take food in your mouth and put it in someone else's.
Speaker 4: What they were doing. The whole challenge was that.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about from beans to olives to mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Two, yes, it scardine. It's just unnecessarily we had a fish head in their mouth.
Speaker 1: What was the point? I don't know what the point of this is? Fine, okay, you know it was funny and we're talking about it, and I don't know it just I don't know how that is something pleasant to watch, enjoyable to watch when even the people doing it aren't enjoying it.
Speaker 4: It was disgusting. It was disgusting, baby, It was.
Speaker 3: Like fear Factor meets There you Go, Love Island, There you Go, and I.
Speaker 2: Guess there's an audience for Fear Factor. I'm not one of those people for a long time. Yes, maybe fine.
Speaker 3: Watching people eat roaches it is a little different to me then watching someone slurp mayonnaise and then put said mayonnaise in it to somebody else, someone else's mouth, who then has to then dump it into a bucket that has to weigh a certain amount before you complete the challenge. And then even in the confessionals, the couples were like, your breath smells like fish, Your breath smells like mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: I mean even thinking about that. Then they have to make.
Speaker 3: Out, by the way, after they have all this disgusting stuff in their mouths, then they have to make out. So it was like the two things we hate the most, sloppy makeout sessions with audio in full blast on top of disgusting food challenge.
Speaker 1: So what was the point of this, baby? Why take it down this level of why is it supposed to be fun? And you see comments more so than I do. I don't notice someone raving about this or showing this.
Speaker 2: Everybody's turned off.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, well people even said, first of all, I have to keep dealing with Melanie and Sincere, and second I have to now watch this disgusting food challenge with more kissing afterwards. I haven't seen one person say wow, that was a fun challenge. The only silver lining please was watching people fall. Melanie and Sincere like bottomed out and it was funny.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing that we could have done that make a challenge where the slame slippery thing is there and you have to race the get your product from this end to that. It would have been the same fall and been same hilarious. I just don't get it, bro. I didn't like the kissing challenges. There was too much. And I said, you know what, I'll defer producers, y'all know what you're doing. There's an audience for this. This is the one and it's hard to do. I will be critical of. This is one where I will actually request stop, Please don't do this, bro. This was not an enjoyable watch of any kind.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: I've seen horror, disgusting horror movies I was more comfortable in than this shit.
Speaker 2: That's a really good way to put it.
Speaker 1: Two, there is a too far. There is a too far that was it. They tried it, they challenged, they know not to do it again.
Speaker 3: My hope is that they are reading and I will say some of these comments and they are. There is a absolute consensus everyone that I saw.
Speaker 2: I didn't see one person.
Speaker 3: First of all, early on, with all of the ridiculous high let's kiss before we even introduce each other, Let's kiss before I even know you're name, let me bump and grind all over you before I even you know, introduced myself. Everybody that, not one person thought that was sexy or fun.
Speaker 2: It was all gross.
Speaker 3: And then so we saw the kissing scenes start to go down, and the challenges were not as gross makeout sessions like we.
Speaker 1: I do think, so I thought it was just a matter of the progression of the game that there just wasn't an opportunity not switching up as much anymore because we got coupled up. You think they actually, I'd like.
Speaker 3: To think that they were taking notes and were in real time recognizing how grossed out everybody was, how you were almost like ready to stop watching the show because it was so appalling. So they really got and shied away from that, And then why then stick this last disgusting challenge into do they I think they think it's funny or interesting or.
Speaker 2: Like the way people like to watch body horror.
Speaker 3: I know you don't like the substance like that somehow that that I can't believe I'm watching this is something that people want to actually watch. I just disagree, and I think they made a really bad calculation, and I'm hoping that they will take again notes for next season.
Speaker 4: You know what, Robes, this is not just the moment.
Speaker 1: I know that was a bad episode, and I like, obviously I've invested in all these couples. Now, Rob, I am not excited about the next season of this show. They lost a little bit of me this year. I guess it eventually happens, right, We were hot and heavy on married at first site for a little while. We have some shows, and I guess it's just the matter of the cycle, and I think they have to keep They know shows only have a certain amount of time. They're assuming they do, so maybe they're trying to extend it by always being fresh and new and whatnot. This was the season that I'm finally eh, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: It jumped the shark is usually what people say.
Speaker 1: This is the one baby I really really do, and I'm not crazy about the last four couples. I'm excited about Tomorrow night, Sunday Night in the finale because we have a whole crop of folks and we're having a party here. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: Robes. I am.
Speaker 1: It's almost like the show has almost been trying to break up with me this season. And I'm talking about this personally. Obviously, other people feel however, they feel it.
Speaker 4: Just it went a direction. Robes.
Speaker 1: I almost feel the Islanders themselves save the show, with their human elements, with their human flaws, with their redemptive moments, with their story things were thrown in there, Robes. And maybe the producers will say, the only reason they were able to have these stories and that you love them is because we created an environment.
Speaker 2: Well, you can create drama.
Speaker 3: I believe you can create tension without repulsion. And the audio on the kissing, the over sexualization of the Islanders, and then the gross food horror of it all just to add to all of the grossness. Look, I'm wondering if that's if they're trying.
Speaker 2: To appeal to a younger audience.
Speaker 3: How long, because I think preteens, because I do think younger kids like all that grossness. They think it's funny, like you know, think about Nickelodeon and getting slimed. I do think there is an element to that gross kind of visual that younger kids like, and they want to get them young because then they'll keep watching the franchise. We know that the demographics key demographics are always trying to get young people in any advertiser. Anyone who is selling a product wants to get and hook people as young as possible, so they'll consume the product or the show for the advertisers for as long as possible, because that's the only thing that makes sense and to be that provocative.
Speaker 2: Us grown ups, we don't need to.
Speaker 3: See all that spit swapping to get into a couple and to kind of be rooting for love. But younger kids might think it's Ooh, I'm watching something I shouldn't. Ooh, I'm seeing something for the first time. That's the only thing I can think of as to why they would do that.
Speaker 1: But your suggestion there is that kids are the younger of the audience is not into the relationship part of the show that we.
Speaker 3: Are, so we get the relationship part of it that we're all invested in and want to learn from, and just it's an incredible to me, like you're almost getting a sociology degree and just watching how people operate, how people react to rejection, how people try to navigate when they're trying to be liked. It's all something in each of us and we can all learn from it. That part of it I think appeals to the older audience. And then I do think the grossness and the sexualization appeals to a younger audience.
Speaker 2: And they're trying to get everybody.
Speaker 3: That's why we do have people from thirteen to fifty three on our couch watching this show.
Speaker 1: That's true, and that's and I hate that. I just there there's an excitement. I am not excited. You tell me the next season's coming. I go, okay, let me know when it gets to the last couple of episodes, let me know when the ceremonies are for them to dump people off the island. And I hate that because it is, or it has been, something I have been excited about and ropes. I also appreciate the dynamics and being we are surrounded by nothing. I say, we are. I am just in our house.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We got two kids here, one thirteen, one's back from college at twenty. But all they're surrounded a by is girlfriends, right, and this is very much a communal thing, that part of it. I have enjoyed being around and listening to and learning from different generations of how they're actually watching the show. And in some ways from thirteen to fifty three, all the women agree on a lot of suss. It's fascinating to see you all actually the recognizing things that I, as a guy, don't see at all.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't matter if it's.
Speaker 1: Thirteen, twenty forty or fifty on our couch, All of y'all see it.
Speaker 3: Not only it'll be so fun in the finale because we actually so. The twenty three year old has asked to bring three or four friends, the.
Speaker 2: Twenty year old, I'm not sure how many. And we're gonna have a big old houseful women and.
Speaker 4: What But not one guy?
Speaker 2: I guess I don't think there's one guy coming from what I know.
Speaker 4: I get Charles here.
Speaker 3: You should get a heterosexual male, and I would actually they if they, especially.
Speaker 2: If they haven't been following the show, it would be.
Speaker 4: Even that would be fun. Okay to have them sit.
Speaker 3: On the counter with you and watch all of us go crazy about something.
Speaker 2: Y'all are scratching your heads over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that part has been fun enrolled communal. Can you argue or put this with I know a lot of women are sports fans, but sometimes ropes. A lot of women get into certain events because they're communal, because it's a big it's a party of some kind. That's what I feel like with Love Island now, like I want to be a part. This is a communal this is a fun thing and it's cool. The show has absolutely turned me off. Not sure if it's lost me this year, but Robes, it still is a fun, communal thing to be out somewhere and overhearing somebody talk about it and you want to jump in ooh, sincere, I'm with you girl. That kind of thing because.
Speaker 3: If you aren't watching it, if you go on social media, and I'm sure my algorithm has adjusted to knowing that I'm watching Love Island, but it is NonStop. I am seeing advertisements and folks weighing in, like everyone is jumping on these couples and who they are and what they mean and what team you're on and if you're not watching it, you kind of feel like you're out of it. You don't know what's happening. So it is fun to be a part of it. Look, my daughters on Friday night don't usually text me that often. I was getting NonStop text from them because they were watching Love Island together. And so it is a reason to be connected to your kids, and if that is the only reason, it's fun to be able to do that. In the same way, sports brings folks together, and you don't always get the outcome you're hoping for. You might be rooting for a team and they may lose, and that is exactly what happened last night. When we come back, we will talk about who got dumped and why we are so pissed off, and well, welcome back everyone to Love Island edition of Amy and TJ. Episode thirty three was a shocking one, and you mentioned that it was the episode before the finale, which is Sunday, but there is actually one on tonight. We don't usually watch after sun it's distinguished from the regular Love Island episodes. But this Saturday night, I know we're going to be out somewhere, but I want to come back and watch, because guess who they're going to be interviewing Corbett and Parmida and then the two couples who were dumped last night. Yes, we were all expecting Kenzie and Dylan, and you were celebrating the Dylan half of it for getting voted off. No one was surprised when they opened their fortune cookie last night and found out that their journey has ended at the villa. But then and I was nervous because I saw how they were placed, or Casey and TT and then Zach and Cada. But when they opened the fortune cookies at the exact same time, I had hope because I was like, don't tell me that Casey and t T are going home and Zach and Kida are staying.
Speaker 2: But that is exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: That was b there are I would have taken Melanie and sincere kDa and Zach and Anaya and Carl out before k.
Speaker 2: C and TT absolutely agreed.
Speaker 3: I actually was suggesting that they should possibly win, and maybe even Corbra and Parmida.
Speaker 2: They should have been the final four.
Speaker 3: None of them are there in terms of compatibility, in terms of what we saw as genuine connection genuine excitement for one another, similar backgrounds, similar.
Speaker 2: Just incredible compatibility.
Speaker 3: I actually think those are the two couples who have the best shot at making it.
Speaker 1: It's a popularity contest as well.
Speaker 4: Maybe who do you like? Who do you not like?
Speaker 1: Who do you have in the And yeah, I get it, that's why folks might be turned off from KC. But KC was safe in the last go round with t T.
Speaker 4: That's the pro as the hell out of everybody.
Speaker 1: So how did he end up all the way in the bottom?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He might have been it might have been razor thin. We don't know.
Speaker 4: It might have been rigged. I'm going to go with that. I think it was rigged. Yeah, why not? It was rigged. They rigged the vote.
Speaker 3: Maybe people felt sorry for Kata because she was crying so much. Mm hmmm, that could have been the case. But here is your final four, just to be on the record with it. So, yes, Zach and Kata, Anaya and Carl, Bryce and Trinity and Melanie and Sincere.
Speaker 2: So those are your final four couples.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's going to be Bryce and win this thing. Did they give the numbers of the vote, Yes, it should be overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: You will find out who came in fourth, third, second and first?
Speaker 4: What would they give us percentages? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I don't remember how specific it is, but we do know we will find out the exact order.
Speaker 4: So what's the order going to be for you?
Speaker 3: So what I Number one happened? So obviously number one, Bryce and Trinity. Number two, I actually think it might be Anaya and Karl. Number three I think is Melanie and Sincere. And number four I think is Zach and Kada. That's who I think America is. And there were four hours to vote yesterday I went to bed, I did not vote.
Speaker 4: You said a Naya and I think Carl.
Speaker 2: Will come in second. And because people like each of them so much.
Speaker 1: Individually, Yes, okay, who in the last four, who's the hottest couple? Like, just walking down the street, you would go, those two are into each other.
Speaker 4: Who is that?
Speaker 2: Probably Zach and Keada of the four?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you don't know anything about them, yes, if you haven't had to watch their journey, maybe.
Speaker 3: If I watch a good point game down, I think it might be Zach and Kada and Price and Trinity might be Melanie and sincere are pretty bowed up.
Speaker 4: They look compatible.
Speaker 2: They do look they look like brother and sister.
Speaker 4: They kind of do.
Speaker 2: You said that one time, were like, wow, they look related.
Speaker 1: Don't don't couples off of them end up looking like each other. We saw an old couple the other day. They had the same posture.
Speaker 3: You actually looked at them and you said, is that going to be us in my thirty years, where we actually will have the same gait, the same hunched overness, but we'll be holding hands.
Speaker 2: You know how owners look like their dogs, or dogs look like their owners. But the one thing I can say about you and me, we won't ever look alike.
Speaker 4: We will not.
Speaker 2: We will never look related.
Speaker 1: You are never gonna have coarse hair, and I will never be blonde. This is not gonna be an issue.
Speaker 2: But I still think we can look hot together and not hunch over. We keep working out, honestly. When we see that, I'm like, let's keep working out. Oh yeah, let's keep our physics.
Speaker 1: We see some hot couples as well that are older, and they look alike too when they're running, Like, wow, they clearly they had an impression on each other. But to the point of these two robes. Melanie and sincere go together.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: They look more so than anybody, like the normal to be expected couple that you look across from when you're sitting at a resort. They're the couple on vacation as well. Yep, Ryce and Trinity. You might not think that immediately Keita and Zach. You watch them for a little bit and you go, what's wrong with those two?
Speaker 2: Why is she crying so much? And then Karl and Ya don't look like they go to at all.
Speaker 1: They would be the couple talking to you a lot at the bar because they want to spend time with another car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want to like spice up their life with with another.
Speaker 2: Couple, Like, hey, what are y'all doing? You want to go on a boat with us?
Speaker 4: Nay, that would be any.
Speaker 2: Talking to and like they can look great. They are like besty frenzies.
Speaker 3: But I just I'm sorry, I just feel like the sexual energy is forced.
Speaker 4: But they can find it.
Speaker 1: It's okay, baby, they can find I disagree, I don't disagree.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely fine.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so we will find out tomorrow who wins the whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand dollars and again I do tonight. I really want to hear you know.
Speaker 3: Parmita is gonna be amazing in the After Sun. She is going to say exactly what she thinks, and Corbyn will be hilarious. I am here for one and to have Corbyn and Parmita, Kenzy and Dylan and Casey and t T together.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: You lost me at Dylan, But I get what you're saying this. This might be because of Corbyn and Casey and Parmita and t T. This is the first time I've looked more forward to the After Sun than I do the actual episode.
Speaker 4: There's no drama in Sunday.
Speaker 2: We know, you know what That's so true.
Speaker 1: Well, if they don't win it, now we got an issue. But but bro, this has nothing to talk about for two three weeks, maybe even they have had this thing locked up. There is no drama. There is no drama.
Speaker 4: There is no Sunday night.
Speaker 2: The drama will be tonight, which we will.
Speaker 4: Be here for Jean, for me, the baby seen corn.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we're saying that, but I totally agree with you, all right, And with that everyone, we always appreciate you listening to us. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday today. We'll talk to you soon on Mami Robot alongside t J.
Speaker 4: Holmes