Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: On this Tuesday, I check once again, Indiana has won the national championship in football the NBA on NBC in Peacock every Tuesday in primetime coast to coast Tuesday. You can see the Spurs in the Rockets, also the Lakers and Nuggets. And it begins tonight at eight eastern non NBC in Peacock. Good morning, if you're watching on Peacock. That's our streaming partner and our radio affiliates. We're in over four hundred cities around America. Ross Tucker will join us coming up momentarily. We will have a new poll question as well more of your phone calls as well. Eight seven to seven to three DP show operator Tyler sitting Vine. Kurt Signetti is the man of the hour certainly in college football, and they are co favorites to win the national championship next year according to DraftKings. Then it's Texas Notre Dame, Oregon, Georgia, LSU, Texas Tech Tech A and m Alabama and Miami, Florida. Here is the Indiana head coach last night after winning the title, talking about winning at IU let.
Speaker 3: Me tell you we won the national championship at Indiana University. It can be done, and I'm so happy for our fans.
Speaker 4: I can't words, can't describe it.
Speaker 2: It can be done, but it would be hard to replicate this because imagine, you don't have one of the top budgets as far as collectives to spend. You also have a program that historically is one of the worst in college football history, and you're not getting five star, four star, three star recruits. Fernando Mendoza transfers from cal It didn't lead Sports Center. I don't even know if it made Sports Center that night. You're not getting great players. You didn't get great players. He did get players who followed him from Jamie Madison, and he also maybe got that one or two star guy who he thought, I can coach you up to be a four or five star. And he's done that, and by all accounts, they will be formidable coming up next year. All right. He's Ross Tucker, the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. He was in the booth for Westwood One for the Bears and the Rams, and he'll be on the sidelines for Seattle in Seattle for the championship game with the Rams, look at you. The parapatetic, Ross Tucker.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that word means. You went to Princeton, Yeah, but you got to give me a heads up. I don't know what that word means. Is parapatetic? Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm crazy parapatetic. I always have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a good thing you're all over and you're covering college football.
Speaker 3: Also, how many of the d how many of the dan nets right now could spell parapatetic.
Speaker 5: Dodd?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I once I'm spelling these in elementary school, but I probably end up spelling it like parapathetic.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 8: I tried in my head, and I had two things wrong in the.
Speaker 2: Personal four letter. If you got the first letter right here, right okay, in the last letter, see yeah, parapathetic not pathetic. Okay, Ross, Uh, let's see where do you want? Let me start in Buffalo. Sean McDermott got fired because.
Speaker 3: Because the organization decided that being good was not good enough. I actually think it's a fascinating dynamic when you consider where Buffalo is versus what Green Bay is doing with extending Brian Gudekunst and their head coach Matt Lafleur. I don't really like I think, Dan, you can make a strong argument for both instances, you know, And this is something I think everyone listening or watching on Peacock can relate to in life. Is being good good enough? Or should you take a risk in life to strive to be great? It's funny. I mean, you could probably speak to this as well as anybody. Dan, You would have been good, if you say to ESPN, you know, you would have made good money. Things would have been good there, Like you would have been fine. But you took a big risk because you wanted to do something. See if you could do something really special, and you've done that with the best radio show in the world. Right Like you decided, you know what, just being good isn't good enough. I'm gonna try to do something really, really great. And I think on some level that's what the Ravens are doing, and that's what Terry Pigula and the Bills are doing, whereas the Packers have decided that being almost good enough or close is good enough. And I don't I'm not begrudging them of that. But if you look at the Packers. They've been just good enough to not be good enough to get to the super Bowl for a long time now. I mean it's been a long time. They've had high level quarterback play and they haven't even gotten back to a super Bowl. Whereas Terry Pegoula and the Bills said, you know what, we want to try to win this thing. And by the way, there's a risk maybe they hire Brian day Bol, maybe they go the wrong way, you know, maybe they maybe they maybe they have a chief season and they win six games next year. This is a risk, but it's one that obviously Terry Pegoula felt comfortable with.
Speaker 2: What why did you have a problem with Sean McDermott's post press conference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so I think there's probably a couple of reasons why he did that. I think in fairness to him, Dan, he probably knew he was on the hot seat, and so by going that strong on the officiating and the calls, you know, maybe he could defer blame, get it off of his shoulders, move it to the officials. Maybe that would be enough to save his job, or maybe that would be enough to even if he's gonna lose his job anyway. Bill's fans will remember him fighting for Buffalo, darn it, and that the officials, you know, gave them a raw deal. I just look, I have two young daughters, they're twelve and thirteen. Now, I'm a huge believer in life, in personal responsibility, personal accountability. You know, they're both playing volleyball or tennis or whatever.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't like when people blame others. I watched that game. You know, I got the helmet right there. The Bills are my favorite team that I played for, and I have a strong affinity for the people in Western New York. Josh Allen's probably my favoritavorite player. But Dan, they need to play better.
Speaker 2: I mean, how much of that place on Sean McDermott. He didn't throw the interceptions, and he didn't fumble the ball a couple of times. He didn't have a catch turn into an interception, Like, what is it that he did that was so egregious in that game? Where you go, we got to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: That's a fair point. And I don't think it's just that game. I think it's just the compilation of all of these years and there have been coaching issues that were I think more noticeable in other years, and I think they would probably even say to you that they're not ready to be a wild card team. And for the Patriots over the course of the season to have overtaken them in the AFC East. But you're a thousand percent right, Josh Allen. Not only the turnovers, but Josh missed Dawston Knox for the game winning touchdown. He had other misses in that game. And by the way, everybody's complaining about Brandon Cooks and was it a catcher? Hold onto the ball, don't let them rip the ball out of your hands like that. To me, epitomizes our society. You can either choose to say that's a catch, we're getting screwed, that's a raw deal. Or you can say, our guys should hold onto the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to blame the official instead of if you hold onto the ball, you don't factor in the.
Speaker 3: Official exactly correct. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Talking to Ross Tucker and uh, he was there in the booth for the Rams and the Bears. What did you think of, Like, if you're the Bears coming out of that game, you lose, but your feeling about the Bears is going to be what next year?
Speaker 3: Highly encourage and optimistic because by far the two most important individuals in any NFL organization as the head coach and the quarterback. And I think you're feeling really good about both those guys. And I've told you this before, in particular your ability to get it done no matter what the situation is late in games. I believe that's worth a winner to a year, maybe even more. The belief that is throughout that entire locker room, that entire building, no matter what the score is in the fourth quarter. They believe they've got the guys, the head coach and more importantly, the quarterback that finds a way to get it done in those situations. I don't know how he does it. And let me just say this, I'm gonna call it right now. Dan would not be surprised if there's a step back from the Bears next year. I think you're encouraged, and I think if you're a Bears fan like Paully, you should be encouraged. They're not gonna win seven games in the final two minutes next year. They're not gonna have by far the most takeaways and b plus twenty two next year. The Bears next year feel very similar going into the season as the Commanders this year, in the sense that there's a lot to be excited about, but you're probably going to see some regression in a couple areas to the means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the Bears were a better story than they were a team, and I agree with you, But they got they felt like they got further than they were expected to, maybe a year ahead, like the Commanders felt like they were a year ahead of schedule. You got the Rams now against Seattle again, how do you think this one plays out?
Speaker 3: I like the Seahawks, you know, I thought the Rams were the best team most of the season. It kind of feels like ever since the fourth quarter of that Seahawks Rams game, that Thursday night game, whatever week that was, fourteen or fifteen, feel like this Seahawks have been the best team. You know, Stafford has not played well under pressure in these last two playoff games. Wait till you play Seattle. I mean those guys they come at you. Leonard Williams and DeMarcus Lawrence and Byron Murphy and Mike McDonald's probably the best defensive mind in the NFL right now. And I just think the Rams, it feels like they're run out of gas a little bit, whereas the Seahawks came flying out of the gate. They're young, they're healthy, they're playing at home. The only way in my mind, the Rams win that game is if the you know, the disparity of quarterback is that significant. Well, Stafford has to play MVP caliber and Donald has to be average or below for the Rams to win.
Speaker 2: It's incumbent upon Seattle to be able to run the football. To put Sam Darnold in a position where he does doesn't have to be Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 3: No question, it'll be a little bit tougher. You know, Zach Charbonay, torn acl you know Sharboney was huge against the Niners week eighteen. There's a lot to be said for having that one to two punch. Walker's probably a little bit more gifted, but he's injury prone. Can he carry the entire load by himself for the entire game? That that is one thing that helps the Rams out a little bit, That the Seahawks don't have that one to two punch to come at you in waves. And those guys have different styles, so it's almost like two pitchers throwing different pitches at you.
Speaker 2: When you block for your quarterback. As a former offensive lineman blocking for bow Knicks blocking for Jared Stidham, is it still the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the only difference would be Nix is more mobile, so you're more aware of having to you hold your block a little bit longer. You're more conscious of him escaping the pocket and making sure you don't get called for a holding penalty, and so you're a little bit more aware of those type of things. Stidham is more of, you know, a classic pocket pass. He can move a little bit. I gotta tell you, Dan, I don't think he would ever verbalize this, but this really works out well for Sean Payton from a coaching legacy standpoint. If they lose without bon Nicks, it's like, okay, look, their starting quarterback got hurt. We understand. It's almost like he's got a free roll of the dice. If they win with Stidham, Peyton's gonna get the lion's share of the credit, especially if they go on to win the Super Bowl. For Sean Payton's Hall of Fame candidacy, for his legacy, this almost couldn't have worked out better.
Speaker 2: I'll leave you with this. There was a moment with two minutes left where an offensive I'm in for Indiana last night got called for a full start. When you go into the huddle, how many times are you told by your quarterback whatever you do, don't flinch, don't jump, make sure you go a little later, not early. You must not jump. And we saw that last night in a moment that could have changed the National title game.
Speaker 3: Well, depends on the quarterback, depends on the composition of the offensive line. I'm guessing that they mentioned it, but you're a thousand percent correct. That could have been and almost was the difference. It's interesting because nowadays in the NFL, then on second and one in a clock killing situation, sometimes the defense is they'll intentionally jump off sides to give you the first down so that then they can use the timeouts on the first like in other words, they're gonna concede the first down because they don't want you to have four or five plays to finish the game. They only want you to have three plays. Now, you can decline it or whatever if you're that smart, and I was thinking that Miami might do that. That's the counter argument. That's why you don't do that, because they might drop the ball, the running back might slip, or the offensive lineman might false start, which changed everything.
Speaker 2: Do you have a false start story from your NFL career?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know the one that I'm trying to No. Actually, so I do have a couple of false starts. I don't remember them being that big a deal. It is a weird thing, though, because you feel like such a dummy when you come back to the huddle get out.
Speaker 2: Do you apologize? Do you apologize like you say?
Speaker 3: You say my bad and everybody's just like idiots, you know, because you're at the line. You're the only one that did it. You go back to the huddle. Sometimes they say stuff to you, sometimes they don't. It's interesting because I thought I had a false start as a goal line tight end once, but I didn't. I was just laid off the snap because the people don't tell you. Is when you're a center, obviously you can hear the quarterback. When you're a guard you can too. You get to tackle a little bit tougher when you're a goal line tight end. I could not hear bledsall. I could not hear the quarterback, So I was a little bit late on that d end. He end up making the tackle. We lost the game, probably the reason why we didn't make the playoffs. No big deal.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you. Save Travels is always the parapatetic Ross Tucker. Thank you, Bud.
Speaker 3: I'm going to write down how I think you spell it first and then google it right now see.
Speaker 2: Yeah Ross Tucker Football Podcast. Following him on social media at Ross Tucker NFL and he'll be on the sidelines for the game in Seattle, the NFC title game. We'll take a break. More phone calls coming up. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Hey is Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio Now, in addition to hearing us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. We're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show. Yup, that's right. You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube again. Go to YouTube search Covino and Rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 4: Ron S.
Speaker 2: Tucker brought up something interesting about Sean Payton with bo Nix being out, and now you have Jared Stidham kind of a built in excuse if you happen to lose. I'm sure he would never admit that publicly, but if you think about it, if he gets Jared Stidham and the Broncos to the Super Bowl, even if you lose or if you do win, now you're firmly cemented as a Hall of Fame coach. Super Bowl MVP odds, Sam Darnold still leading the way, then Drake May, Matthew Stafford. Then it jumps considerably to Kenneth Walker the Third, Jackson Smith, Njigba, Puka Nakua, and Jared Jared Stidham's odds for Super Bowl MVP plus two thousand todd You're gonna throw some money on Jared Stidham.
Speaker 6: I'm not a betting person, but I am optimistic that he's going to perform well on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I will say that would you bet on him performing well that the Broncos would be I'm not asking for a pie to the face.
Speaker 6: I would consider putting that a few bucks. I just I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm at a better so I don't bet on anything that's even like a short thing.
Speaker 6: I just never bet.
Speaker 2: But what about the back row Seaton Patriot fan? You Bronco Finn m pie to the face straight up.
Speaker 7: A little U face, and it's Drake May against boat Nicks.
Speaker 2: That's such your price, So now you don't believe in Instead, you just told me you did.
Speaker 6: On the surface, the Patronship win that game. But I still think none's going to do it.
Speaker 2: Back Row pie to the phase, Pie to the pie.
Speaker 11: By the way, if I was an offensive lineman and I was in the huddle and my quarterback said, hey, by the way, don't jump off sides or don't fall start, yeah, I would be like, okay, great, Oh, and don't throw an interception. I would be like, dude, shut up, no, christ well you think I forgot Oh, I'm not supposed to go early.
Speaker 2: I would be so pissed at that guy. Uh, Jeremy and Michigan, don't fumble. Jeremy and Michigan.
Speaker 12: Hi, Jeremy, Hey, good afternoon, guys, First time, long time, five eleven and a tone one seventy five. All right, we all love wordplay. I love it as much as you guys. I have a T shirt idea for you and the day Net's okay, Dan, okay, And I need you guys to decide if it's a good T shirt concept or if it's Harry pathetic.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, oh okay, that wasn't the punchline. That was just an add on.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, yes, here here it is.
Speaker 12: Think of a character of coach Signati and underneath it it's sig Naddy and at t y.
Speaker 13: What do you guys think of that?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, winning the Natty Matter round of blaws there for Jeremy. Some of our best people on that. When the Cignati right now? Ryan in Detroit, Hi, Ryan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Hey, Dan six' seven and are reducing two? Thirty hey quick. Request i'm an old time. LISTENER i want to bring back The gilbert Gotfred ding for the height and, weight.
Speaker 3: Just putting that in.
Speaker 15: There and then second, thing WHEN i, CAN i try to get you guys On peacock and the clips in the when you guys go to commercial break are awesome and it just amazes me how quickly you guys can make those clips relevant to what's happening each. Day SO i just wanted to throw a kudos out to the to the group that does. THAT i don't know how it, happens but it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Great, yeah That's. Rob rob does a majority of the work on, that and he'll look at, storylines he'll look at, guests and then he'll have the appropriate archival clips in. There he does a wonderful.
Speaker 13: Job.
Speaker 11: Yeah and The Gilbert godfried ding that was the home run, bell not the height and weight, bell because back in the, day this show used to be on from one to, four so you would get Day baseball and anytime there was a home run during one of those, games we would play the ding and it Was Gilbert godfried and there was was It Faith hill who had The Grand? Slamm well you went ing?
Speaker 3: Ding?
Speaker 2: Yeah WELL i forgot all that was. Fun tony In, California, Hi, tony what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Today hey, guys good? Morning So dan a pool, question little. Context The clippers are still the hottest team in THE nba thirteen and two big game over the weekend In, Toronto cowhi's Return unfortunately didn't.
Speaker 3: Play full back To.
Speaker 5: La But James harden and our rookie Center neiedenhauser on a favorite college dominated and we're still on the winning. Streak so my pool question is if The clippers continue to be hot and win the, championship would be a better story Than. INDIANA i think it's Sports. FRENCH i just turned.
Speaker 2: Around it would be a great. STORY i don't know because IT'S nba and it's The. Clippers like if The lakers were able to do something like, this then, yes but you know The lakers, Win clippers, don't it would be that would be a great. Story it wouldn't be a great story to more people Than. Indiana is.
Speaker 8: YEAMPULLING i think The hoosiers have a better chance to win THE nba title than The. Wow The, clippers by the, way nineteen and twenty three won six in a, row eight of their last.
Speaker 2: Ten, YEAH i mean they have players that they should. Win like we're kind of surprised when they. Win we're LIKE I, Clippers, AMY i mean here they go To toronto And kawi can't even play on the big return To. Toronto, Uh jeremy In, Indiana, Hi, Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Hey DAAN i appreciat you taking my call on five nine five last. NIGHT i have to SAY i was not rooting FOR. Iu i'm A purdue, alum my wife is A purdue.
Speaker 3: Alum i've got a long.
Speaker 4: Family history At. PURDUE. Uh to be, HONEST i do not know if this is just me being jealous or If i'm legitimately right to not root FOR. IU i kind of lament the state of college. Football if you hear the broadcasters say how many years the players have been with the, programs, now it's like one. Year we all know they're getting millions of, dollars especially with the CASE i think of a. Quarterback they're not even enrolled in the. School they've been graduating for two.
Speaker 2: Years but If perdue won the national title and they had some guys who were in their fifth or sixth, year or there were twenty three or twenty, four how would you, Feel, Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Well I'M i don't think that's ever gonna. Happen i'm safe to assume, that but it's totally. RIGHT i, mean to be, HONEST i didn't really Like Tom brady until he went to The, buccaneers And i'm A buccaneers, fan so at that, POINT i was totally fine With Tom, brady SO i don't know if that's just me being. JEALOUS i also personally have a problem with fair weather. FANS i think everybody should be as miserable AS i am during football season as A purdue. Fan so there's a lot of different psychological stuff going. On BUT i was not rooting FOR. Iu there was no possible WAY i would ever root FOR iu last.
Speaker 2: NIGHT i get that because of the proximity With purdue AND iu and the rivalry. THERE i JUST i don't know if An Ohio state fan Or michigan fan Or oregon FAN usc fan was rooting Before miami or rooting Against, INDIANA i would think that you would, go, hey we, have you, know three years in a, row three different schools who won a national, championship and you probably don't look At indiana the way you Do michigan Or Ohio state Or oregon and, say you know, what they're going to be there every single. Year you might look at them as a, novelty and therefore you might have rooted for them because what it means for The Big. Ten, Yes, MARK i think.
Speaker 16: If You're michigan Or Ohio, state Oh man good for them because they've won national titles. Recently if You're Penn, state you're Like Indiana.
Speaker 2: One eric In, Rochester, Hi, eric what's on your?
Speaker 4: Mind?
Speaker 13: Hey how you?
Speaker 9: Doing? Goodhounds?
Speaker 17: YEAH i had a suggestion for how you could eliminate the confusion about the officiating in THE. Nfl so take take the. Reps have a couple reps In New, york like three reps sitting in a. Room they don't have any context of what's going on with the. Game they obviously know it's a playoff, game but they don't, know you, know if it's the fourth, quarter, whatever if the game's on the, line and then they just have like a light will pop, on the monitors will show the, plays and then they make a determination whether it's, catch no, catch whatever the call. Is and it's just two thirds vote. Whoever you, know if they get two of them, right then that's the call they's.
Speaker 2: Doing it's just that's the.
Speaker 17: Decision they can have a you, know xboxes on the monitor or something like that and say, catch no catch or whatever whatever you want to have. It but a lat a little drama, too.
Speaker 2: As long as it's. Televised that's the Point i've been. Making let us hear. It let's be transparent about. IT i, mean there's billions of dollars being. Gambled we need transparency. HERE i want to know what you saw and why can't you share that with. Us it's just like the College Football Playoff. Committee i'd love to kind of see what goes. On i'd love to see The hall Of famers sitting around talking about certain. Candidates now that's not going to. Happen The College Football Playoff committee probably is not going to. Happen but, this let us know what's going. On just tell, us, hey got a better? ANGLE i need a better. Angle, hey my feeling is that that's an. Interception we don't have a better. Angle all, right all, right let me get together with everybody.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: OKAY i mean that's GREAT, tv and you're getting to the bottom line is get the? Call right went? On, now they did get the. CALL i think that was an interception in The denver. GAME i do in the, MOMENT i did not think that. Replay you, know they didn't spend a lot of time on. It, Yeah, PAULINE i.
Speaker 8: Both totally agree with you and still think THE nfl will push back against that and not do it for a long.
Speaker 2: Time the transparency, part, well THE nfl doesn't really agree with me on anything to begin. WITH I i like WHEN i can, hear you, know plays being called. Out we're not going to be in the. Huddle i'd love to hear coach or oc talking to a quarterback after the, Fact but then you're going to give out terminology and you can't do. That BUT i would love just to hear you, know x y four zero zip banana peel. ONTO i just just to hear that would be kind of. Cool it's all about bringing the, experience bringing us closer to the. Game it'd be. Great i'd love. That i'd love to have that all settle for the, officials no settle for, us them letting us know what are you looking? At and even if you have the home office In New york and they, go, hey look at it, again that's a. Catch that that is a, Catch like you're helping them in real time and if that's the, GOAL i. Know we love, This Like baseball with umpires that were, like oh be, Damned eric Greg, man he is a really wide strike. Zone that's. Awesome why don't we just have one strike? Zone why is It, hey that that umpire, man he's gonna squeeze. You that umpire is gonna allow. You how about we go, no just you got one strike, zone but we've you, know that's part of the, folklore the charm of. Baseball he's got his own strike. Zone, Okay, YES.
Speaker 7: I know there's other officials that cannot be part of a. Conversation but imagine there's that one. Guy he never calls, holding that guy never calls best at affairs.
Speaker 2: Can be, insane but they do. That you'll get certain, officials LIKE nba. Officials If Scott foster's doing a, game what? Happens everybody freaks. Out probably the only official where somebody, goes, wait who's calling? Again oh my, God, Scott, yes.
Speaker 16: Sir in THE nba, circles he's known as the. Extender THE nba has to love the.
Speaker 2: Extender i'd be Like Jackson, brown the great, pretender the great. Extender see WHAT i did with that?
Speaker 5: Time?
Speaker 6: Yeah that was all? Right, Wow i'm Just.
Speaker 7: UPSETCONDS i was trying to talk to you in the break and you just close the door and you still had forty.
Speaker 2: SECOND i did.
Speaker 7: NOT i looked at the clock as you closed the, door there was like thirty eight seconds before we were going back.
Speaker 2: On this did show related. Content it was.
Speaker 7: Related To stidham having this great game a few years ago for the forty nine. Ers we we went like twenty three to thirty five with almost four hundred yards and three. Touchdowns that someone sent to me AND i wanted to share that with, you AND i couldn't get eight seconds of your.
Speaker 6: Time you got to close the door because it takes you thirty five. SECONDS i guess to put your headphones on.
Speaker 2: Whatever ton the number of times you say things to me that are meaningless and worthless is.
Speaker 6: More often than. Not, yes BUT i did have a little window of your time. There you just closed the. Door you didn't SAY i got to get back inside a hold your. Thought you know?
Speaker 2: What why don't you do?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: Hey before you close the, DOOR i got something really. IMPORTANT i THINK i took a little too long to get to.
Speaker 6: Point you're.
Speaker 2: Done you have taken too. Long what do we have coming up?
Speaker 13: Next IN.
Speaker 2: I don't know what do we have coming up? THERE i want to hear That stidham story.
Speaker 7: Again, YEAH i texted you the stat line, anywhere so you're still getting it from.
Speaker 2: Me what's stat.
Speaker 11: LINE i, mean it's an interaction that five people in the world know.
Speaker 2: Happen and what are you telling me about you texted to.
Speaker 6: ME i don't texted your a picture of a jarats didn't, score.
Speaker 2: BUT i don't have my phone WHEN i do the.
Speaker 7: Show it's not urgent for the, show AS i often send you give you THINGS i have nothing to do with the, show.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't have anything to do with the. Show you texted to, Me but now you are upset THAT i didn't listen to.
Speaker 6: You fair, Enough wait after the. SHOW i was upset in the moment that you blew me.
Speaker 2: Off if you'd like to join us In San francisco the Super, bowl you can first, come first. Serve will be at The China basin just by the ballpark, there beautiful. Spot Big german is packing up the te. Truck we got The penske trucks that we were loading up. Yesterday well we. Weren't backroom guys were loading up The penske truck to take a lot of equipment out there To San. Francisco so if you'd like to join us six to nine Am eastern rest appropriate. Appropriately, Yeah, paul.
Speaker 8: The weather right now we were on. Air is forty four?
Speaker 2: Degrees? Okay, yeah but that's right at the end of the. Show, yeah it was forty one at. Kickoff, Okay, YEAH i think we're gonna be low forties all week. Long and AS i tell The Dan, nets every, year nobody wants to hear anybody complaining while they're at The Super. Bowl, TODD.
Speaker 6: I may complain a little, bit But i'll try to do that off.
Speaker 2: Camera all, Right gonna take a. Break last call for phone? Calls what we? Learned maybe some More Jared stidham stats right after.
Speaker 1: This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 2: Live former Tight End now Broadcaster Greg olsen on the show, tomorrow as Will Reggie miller stopping. By no football. Tonight last call for phone? Calls what we? Learn what's in store? Tomorrow this day in sports history as. Well jody In, Virginia, Hi, jody.
Speaker 14: No for you talk with a Great Dan.
Speaker 13: Patrick, yeah just find it kind of.
Speaker 18: Funny you know who would have fought in you, know my luck, time my mid fifty SO i never found my. Luck I'm indiana football would ever win, anything and here they're national champions and low Hold O'Brian. Kelly you know he can't even win an se championship down the battery and they ran him on it.
Speaker 4: And you listen two Years.
Speaker 2: Wow all, Right jody shots. Fired, yeah if you're over the age of, fifty that's why this story is going to, resonate because you're thinking in your. LIFETIME i, Mean indiana was alway is the game you would schedule for homecoming you knew that you were going to, win or parents? Weekend who are you Facing? Indiana, okay we can lead by? Halftime josh And? Denver, Hi, josh what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Today hey? MAN i just want to tell you about all the crazy hype In denver for Ctitty. MAN i think city's gonna gonna bring us to The Promised lamb this.
Speaker 4: Year it's, crazy.
Speaker 13: Man people are coming out of the.
Speaker 2: Woodworks, really, really they're coming out of the woodworks For Stitty, huh.
Speaker 5: Yes Stitty.
Speaker 13: MAN i Think Sean payton and him have a have a rappaport and he knows what he's capable.
Speaker 3: Of, wait they have A.
Speaker 2: Rappaport, okay, yeah you know he's been there for a.
Speaker 4: While he could have cut him, loose but he kept.
Speaker 13: Him there for a.
Speaker 2: Reason he probably has a rapport with him as. Well, Yes, hunt.
Speaker 6: If you can manage things On, sunday it's stitty as she.
Speaker 2: Goes thank you to H lucas In. Texas Hey, Luke.
Speaker 19: Hey, dan thanks for calling me.
Speaker 6: Back.
Speaker 19: YEP i just wanted to give an illustration To todd for you know what it means For indiana to win this national. Title hopefully this Helps If Travis kelcey Is Ohio state And Todd fritz Is, indiana we know who the national championship. Is BUT i just want to say once again the craziness of the. Statement indiana has won the national.
Speaker 2: Championship Thank. Tod here you.
Speaker 6: Go it's been put in. PERSPECTIVE i have a whole different look on the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing todd just sent me a poll question after being called for a false. Start would you rather be called an idiot or ignored all together in the? Huddle i'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: IDIOT i hate to be totally ignored in life and in the.
Speaker 2: Huddle this this feels passive aggressive on your. Part, yes BECAUSE i ignored you last commercial, break.
Speaker 6: But it's being CALLED i don't want to be called an. Idiot, NO i just wanted to acknowledge THAT i got to get back in the whole.
Speaker 2: THOUGHT i called you an, idiot AND i ignored you all.
Speaker 7: TOGETHER i guess it was a little passive aggression five year old question.
Speaker 6: There you want to answer it Or.
Speaker 2: Todd i'm. Sorry i'm not here to serve just. YOU i want this is for.
Speaker 6: Everyone i'd like everyone to weigh in on. That i'm glad you throw it.
Speaker 2: OUT i know that The Jared stidham game against The, niners AND i was kind of, listening BUT i gotta.
Speaker 7: Close, Fine i'd move past, that BUT i would like to know if you'd rather be called an idiot in the huddle for all of you or be ignored after you screw up with a full.
Speaker 2: Stunt i'd rather be.
Speaker 8: Ignored, YEAH i think if you're a very good player and it's not happening that, often you'll be. Ignored no one has to say anything to, you and also you don't have to. Apologize everyone knows you're.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yes everybody knows you're, Sorry.
Speaker 8: Todd depending how you flex that everyone knows you're, Sorry.
Speaker 6: Todd if they say, joking we come, on, idiot do you know better than? That, That i'm fine with. It but if they actually angrily, say, idiots what are you?
Speaker 7: Doing you're gonna closes the? Game Then i'd be. DEVASTATING i wouldn't play.
Speaker 2: ANYMORE i don't think they do. That it's not eighth.
Speaker 7: Grade but some rookie, though They, hayes rook, is why don't you, say, idiot you're gonna cost us the?
Speaker 6: Game come? On what are you?
Speaker 3: Doing is?
Speaker 2: That if you were the? Quarterback is that what you would have?
Speaker 6: DONE i would. Not it's a come, on you're better Than you'll get him next. Time you won't move next time on the?
Speaker 3: One all?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Uh jeff And Montana, Hi, Jeff hey, There, HEY i.
Speaker 9: Just quick, thought hey and get your thoughts on. This do you Think John harbaugh is kind of kicking himself or signing with The giants now that McDermott's, gone or do you think The bills are kicking themselves for not firing McDermott before so they could Get John?
Speaker 2: Harbaugh well we can look at The giants and, say why can't they do What Mike, brabel did you got a rookie or a quarterback on a rookie? Deal you got some talent. There you can make the case The giants may have as much talent as The patriots did starting this. Season and if you go To, Buffalo buffalo is GOT i Got Josh. ALLEN i gotta. Win, NOW i gotta go to THE afc title. Game harball is going to come. In he's got a couple of years to be able to build that team into what he. Wants it's not like you're going, to you, know some bum. Franchise you're going to The. Giants.
Speaker 11: Yeah, see, well and when Did John harbaugh become you, know Prime Bill. BELICHICK i DON'T i don't understand. Why he's sort of like this guy, like oh my, god you gotta Hire John. Harbaugh he's perfect for. This why WHAT i want to see Who buffalo? Hires and is it somebody who has a lot of. Experience they're going to go with somebody, young a young. Coordinator, Yeah. Paul The bills.
Speaker 8: Have a lot of free agents and not a lot of cap room because of the contract with their.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, yeah this day in sports history just got a couple for You.
Speaker 8: Dan nineteen forty, nine free substitutions were adopted in THE nfl for a.
Speaker 2: Year they used to charge you before. That now they were. Free thank You, dan of.
Speaker 6: Course.
Speaker 8: Yeah the most Watched Super bowl in history Was dolphins versus The San francisco forty Nine ers nineteen eighty. Five nineteen ninety, five THE nhl season was only forty eight games due to a, strike And Patrick wah BECAUSE i know you love that, name became the first goalie to play in one thousand games in two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Three nineteen ninety, Six fox introduced The Fox Track hockey puck at the nineteen ninety SIX Nhl All Star. Game the blue halo around the puck made it easier for us to see the puck produced a red tail on shots of fifty plus miles per hour and a green tale on shots of seventy five plus miles per. HOUR i don't remember the red and green or blue and. GREEN i remember. THAT i remember the puck and the blue. Halo, yes that was a little.
Speaker 7: Ridiculous the red and the. Green there's, like maybe you do that On christmas, time but that's not the other.
Speaker 2: Time you Don't tom And florida joins us song you just did, That you just did.
Speaker 6: That it's a blowof. There i'd make us they've.
Speaker 5: Been five years, Ago, Tom florida is a basketball school In indiana is now a football?
Speaker 2: School, yeah, yeah thank, You. Tom, Yeah indiana football? School, right, yes, yeah? Sure why not not necessarily a basketball?
Speaker 3: School?
Speaker 6: Yeah what what have they done in the past forty?
Speaker 3: Years?
Speaker 2: Uh when they've done a few things in the last forty?
Speaker 4: Years?
Speaker 2: Played, yeah when they've won a? Title, right, oh in nineteen eighty seven years.
Speaker 16: Old, yeah you're, Right, okay so the past thirty six, years forgive, me forgive.
Speaker 2: Me, Okay i'm just, Saying. Marvin, yeah everybody kind of going at each other. Here everything, Okay everything's, fine, Right? Todd would you learn today after.
Speaker 7: Winning the national title last, Night indiana head Coach Kurt signette is suddenly a twenty five year overnight Sensation.
Speaker 2: Seatan would you Learn indiana is a football?
Speaker 3: State?
Speaker 6: Marvin you Watched nebraska twice this?
Speaker 2: Week the Movie paul kind of a big, Story? Todd what DID i?
Speaker 7: Learn a Different jeremy In michigan with THE t shirt Idea cignatty love.
Speaker 2: It thanks for joining. Us our pleasure to serve. You we'll try to do better.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow