Speaker 1: Wait till I give my money.
Speaker 2: Attention Attention. Invest Fest twenty twenty four is coming back to Atlanta and we ad earn your leisure are doing a crazy promotion. For every item you purchase on investfestyl dot com will submit your name in a raffle to win an all inclusive experience to invest Fest twenty twenty four. You're automatically entered into the raffle to win this all inclusive experience. Here's what you'll win. Round trip airfare to Atlanta Fort SIU from Friday to Monday, or a one thousand dollars transportation and food stipend. One hotel room for three nights from Friday to Monday, two VIP tickets to invest Fest, two night life wristbands to all invest Fest Entertainment Network events, and black car service to and from Atlanta Airport. This offer runs until the end of June's get your merchant investfskyl dot com and have a chance to win the grand Prime See you at invest Fest twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Getting wealthy is one thing, but then protecting that wealth is another thing. Right, So that's a full time job within itself, and you have to trust the right people. You have to know what CPA to hire and what wealth management firm the highre So how is that for you? Coming from humble beginnings and then you know, getting wealthy. Did you have any challenges with that? And how were you able to assemble your team of wealth management? Sure?
Speaker 1: I don't trust anyone. That's a challenge.
Speaker 4: It's hard to delegate trust on an area you don't know a lot about. I mean, it's easy for me to delegate trust in any air of a business that I know, but wealth management, making money with money, even how to figure out interest rates, I don't know how to do that stuff. It's very hard. So I always resort to exactly what I resort to everywhere is do I like the person?
Speaker 1: Do I trust them? Doesn't feel right? Who knows if I'm right? But so far I've really chosen the right people.
Speaker 4: They have my back, they surround me, They've made money for me, and I'm able to delegate eight but only because I trust him. I mean, it's hard to trust when you don't know the Arab expertise, is it not? It's easy when it's your own thing, right, But it's worked out very very well. Now I'm older, I made most of my money investing in real estate. I love to invest in buildings, but my son is in the business as a developer, so I shovel my money in his direction and he keeps investing for making more money than I ever made. So he's smarter than I am at that. But I got to believe I'm smarter than him in some ways.
Speaker 5: You got to be you made him, So it was that I made him.
Speaker 1: Let's not give his dad billity credit.
Speaker 5: No, he's not here fifty fifty Yeah, we'll see. So I mean, speaking of yourself. Was that part of a succession plan as or it was just naturally he was around you enough and said this is something that I want to do. Is also, how did you know how that happened?
Speaker 4: Honestly, when I sold the Corkor Group, one of the motives that were very much in my mind to sell the business was Tommy was five, and I had never been a man who inherited a business from his mother or father who was happy. I noticed that I know is that for twenty five years, nobody was happy. They couldn't take the credit, They couldn't say it was there. They brought the company. Many of these people double the size of the company, but they never got the credit. And I said, I'm not going to do that to my son. He's never going to go into the real estate business, and I didn't think he would. But one thing he was always good at his playing monopoly. He always beat me at monopoly. He had a mind for that kind of thing, flipping and wheeling and dealing, even as a little kid. And even though he's not in my business, he's not in brokerage by any means. He is in product development, which is a related feel and he's a natural addite. So did he get it from his mother and father. My husband was in the real estate business brokerage as well. Perhaps perhaps he was just destined to do that. But at least he has his own thing and he gets his own credit. I think that's the most important, one of the greatest satisfactions that I could always make claim for, and I feel good about it every.
Speaker 1: Time, is I did it. God bless a child got his own You know, I did it.
Speaker 4: And I think that's so important for anyone building anything. I mean, you can help from friends and stuff, but you did it. Nobody can take it away from you.
Speaker 3: It's so satisfying you said something I was a Gamian insightful. You said you never met anybody that inherited a business that was happy.
Speaker 1: Never did.
Speaker 3: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I never did. Sound was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: You know what else to I never saw any of my peers sell a business who was ever as happy again in a new business. They never found it again. That first business is your sweetheart. It's like the first girl, your date. You know you're crazy about her, and you never forget it.
Speaker 1: A second business is never quite as good.
Speaker 4: The one great thing that sures me up is with all my entrepreneurs from Shark Tank, I'm getting to live their first two years of business again over and over like groundhoud day, you know. And that is the most exciting part of your business. When you're struggling, you don't know if you're going to make it, just starting your dreams a big production is low.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting. And I get to do that all the.
Speaker 4: Time, not only on Patreon with my barbering barbering your pocket is it your pocket or my pocket all the time, but I also get to do it with my entrepreneurs. And how blessed am I on that?
Speaker 1: Really? Well?
Speaker 3: Were you you sold your business. So were you ever as happy after you sold your business?
Speaker 1: I was miserable.
Speaker 4: I decided to take cooking classes how to make great pasta?
Speaker 1: Great idea? Right, So I was not.
Speaker 4: Happy making pasta. But I needed to reinvent myself and I did. And I'm sure I'll reinvent myself before I die. I hope I have one more side.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you have plenty more. One of the things you said that you were great at, we'll omit the parts that you weren't great, because it's gonna be hard to believe. But the things that you're great at. Number one was the ability to make money. And I wonder, at any point was there a monetary goal that you wanted to hit, and if so, did we get to that point? Or is it just creating more?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Is there is more the goal?
Speaker 1: I don't think ever. Funny question.
Speaker 4: I think for me, my goal was never to make money. I was shocked when I did make money. I always made the least amount of money out of my whole company. I had eight hundred sales within a thousand people. When I had four hundred people. They were always out making money much more than I was. I was the last one paid, and that's what happens when you owned it bus you the last one paid.
Speaker 1: But over all the.
Speaker 4: Times, I don't think I reached for the god of making money because I never had money and my parents were happy without money. We were happy without money. I think I just wanted to see how far I could go. Like I saw myself almost my whole life, like a little character in a comic strip, and I was watching myself while I was doing my maneuvering and laughing my ass off at myself. It's just, well, they really.
Speaker 1: Fall for this.
Speaker 4: And that's where I got my kicks. And then where I got my satisfaction was developing the talent, taking someone who didn't think they could do something and convincing them they had a special gift, not making it up. I saw the gift. I would say, you know what you're good at, you know, and put them in that position and then see them blossom. That's very satisfying because you feel like you almost have a hand in playing God, Like you made the life better.
Speaker 1: You're a big piece of it now. So that always drove me.
Speaker 4: How big a team and how powerful a team, and how capable a team I could build and then also I just love people loving me. My agents loved me. They knew I'd do anything for them. I'd kill myself with them and them knowing how much I love them, they love me back. And just to get that love and warmth out of a job, you know, that is special. You don't get that every day. So of course when I sold the Quakery group, I missed it sorely, you know, very much, so as you could imagine, I didn't think about that piece.
Speaker 1: I should have given us some book.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,