Speaker 1: Scam, Come.
Speaker 2: Rob from scam, Come rob from Scam Goddess WS Pop and Congregation. It is your girl, Lacey Mosley aka Scam Goddess, back with the podcast all about robbery, fraud and those who practice it. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them. One thing for sure is that we likely will laugh at them, but never at the victims.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, y'all, I'm very excited, elated, thrilled.
Speaker 2: This is a landmark episode. I don't even know if y'all are gonna be able to tell. You'll be able to tell when I tell y'all for real, but I am now at iHeartRadio, my home Originally. If you're an og TDZ Daily Seyitgeist fan, you know I used to be up in their like swimwear honey back in the twenty one or the twenty and then it was a one in front of it twenty teens. Yes, but now I'm so graace to have y'all give it up. Get up out your seat, park your car, stand out in the street. Okay, it's that serious. I have the man, my one of my podcast godfathers, who literally gave me the name Scam Goddess. On an episode of the Daily Zeit Guys on the show. He is an official member of the Christina Aguilera poss.
Speaker 3: He's currently the number one Arsenal fan period.
Speaker 2: He's the host of The Daily Zeit Guys and for Twenty Day Fiance Please give it Up for Miles gram Mine.
Speaker 4: Thank you, I humble myself. I bow prostrate before you scam got prostraight? Yeah, yeah, that's that's the formal term. Now I they say prostate prostraight.
Speaker 2: Oh, I stand before you for the prostate exam.
Speaker 4: No, thank you for having me. I didn't realize you were having me on the first episode. So that feels very appropriate. And I think we've always said, look, we messed up. We didn't get you the first time.
Speaker 3: Gotcha. Sorry for two thousand four.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but now I'm just I'm just so happy that, uh we get to be label mates, you know, yes, and kick it off like this.
Speaker 3: Death records for life.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, no, literally for.
Speaker 3: Life, because I heart I kill you if you leave.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 3: So we there.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, then you don't need to send that through standards and practices. They will, they know that's no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they know it's one of the standards and one of the practices.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what we got the whole you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It took one of my pet turtles.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, slow poke, you see him again.
Speaker 4: No, And I like to believe that he might have his own show somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope we're not up there with Franklin. I'm assumming Franklin past by now because he was one hundred when I was kh Yeah, he's probably gone. Yeah yeah, So Myles on this podcast, we love to talk about scams, fried cons, and we love a little warm up. So I want to get sure opinions about a few different topics, and you let me know if you think it's a scam, a scheme, or a real thing. So a scam is something that we under no circumstances should.
Speaker 3: Be legal, is legal, or or is illegal what we happen. It's a full on scam.
Speaker 2: We know that a scheme is something that feels scammy, but you know it is protected by the law, or you know it isn't protected by the law, but somehow it's just a practice that keeps happening. And then the real thing is something that is a legitimate pillar of society, like a rule that we need to follow or or or something that helps us in our lives. Okay, okay, So my first question bring Miles Gray, Christina aguileras posse, which wait, I.
Speaker 4: Don they even come up.
Speaker 3: What have you been doing with your sagular abile recently?
Speaker 4: Nothing recently. I have not seen that person since the Year of Our Lord two thousand and six or seven.
Speaker 2: But the fact that you said recently, I don't know, Miles is full of lore. Like we could honestly just do a whole episode.
Speaker 4: I am like a Forest Gump type figure. I have realized if I put it all on paper. Yeah, a lot of very weird. I was just talking to I was telling somebody about how I invited Mark Jacobs to my twenty second birthday party. I love that because I met him at a party with Christiana Aguilar. Now I had access to people back then.
Speaker 3: You was really out here. You're still out here, and I love that.
Speaker 4: Out here and I'm still forty one, you know what I mean? Period, doing it, doing it.
Speaker 3: Doing it, honey.
Speaker 2: Okay, So scam scheme a real thing. First one of holiday sales. Do we think that these are like? So, for instance, like the fourth of July, you know, like they have the I remember when I was a kid, my auntie Alexis would always buy me a fourth of July T shirt because you don't know, fourth of July, c that's my birthday. So she would always give me a T shirt on sale at Old Navy, you know, like they used to have like little blowout sales, like all the holidays, I mean obviously like Friday, like yeah.
Speaker 4: All these Memorial Day, Easter whatever, yeah, which the.
Speaker 2: World I always felt tacking to me, like are we celebrating like the ours who yeah, who had passed away giving their lives up for our country. And we're like and we got a sad ye no, yo, husband didn't come back. But don't you need a frame for that American flag?
Speaker 4: They got it for to none and not right exactly. And for all the added labor you have from being the only parent in a household due to the war, why not get a deep discount on this washing machine? Right? You know?
Speaker 2: God Dice is a sale for all doing work to bereave families.
Speaker 3: So what do we do it?
Speaker 4: And look and look that Joe could have gone anywhere. But for me, realistically, I believe that it is a scam it's actually a scheme for going to be real like because it's all just it's all language. But and honestly it's a scam, like they're just selling things at a price that still they are still able to profit from. So I was like, why isn't this the price all the time?
Speaker 2: Yes, And a lot of people were pointing out in recent Black Fridays over the years, because we know, Black Friday ain't black nowhere.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she is all Friday.
Speaker 3: Right, she's not giving black. I don't ever go where. Okay, it's giving Red Friday because we're in the red.
Speaker 2: My big account is still in the red when we're shopping now, like what's happening? And some people have gone into stores and realized that employees have put like sales tickers stickers over the original price, and some of those Black Friday sales stickers are actually more expensive than the price was before the Black Friday sale.
Speaker 3: So I think a lot of stores have started.
Speaker 2: To flip over, just like the airlines did when Spirit pulled up and all the locality like low fare, you know, discount airlines, and they started charging for basic amendmenties that we used to get don't just switch over to doing that too. And I've talked about that on an episode, and I think the stores might be doing that too, where it's like, we know we're gonna have high amount of foot traffic because people come in expecting a deal, so instead of giving them a deal, we might as well just run it up since we go have a store full of people.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's why people need to be This is where you have to be. Like how like I was when as a teenager and I wanted something, It's like you had to obsess about some different months because you didn't have the money for it, and you just obsessed about the price, so you knew when something was actually priced. You're like, no, that is actually the best price for this insert consumer good here. Yeah. And if you don't know that, yeah, you're gonna walk into it and you're like, no, this shit is it was? It was this price like literally three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Like what happened to the dad lore? I remember dads used to shop for TVs like they were shopping for cars. Mm hmmm, like before the price went down, Astron cleave TV's and they became more regular. You know, I remember, you know, my dad being on the website like, oh they got this new Samsung drop.
Speaker 4: Like, ooh it's the seven twenty p HD. Wow that's a good number. I didn't fit this this new HD thing I just heard. Yeah, it really was. I remember the first time I thought I could afford a TV that was humbling. It was like probably two thousand and seven and I was like, yeah, I'm gonna get a fucking flat screen TV. And then they did a credit check and I was like, do we have to do all? This isn't that much? How much is it for this one? And yeah, it's crazy how much how much cheaper TV are now?
Speaker 3: Right they really are?
Speaker 2: Since you know, when we farmed out all the labor and ruined our country's infrastructure with many industries, things came a lot cheaper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look that's the trade off. That's the true. You don't have health care, but you can have you have a TV the size of your goiter, right.
Speaker 3: Like, who needs clean air? Baby?
Speaker 2: We gotta love island on and on.
Speaker 4: Pretend you're breathing that air from the TV.
Speaker 3: Yes, pretend you're breathing that Fiji air.
Speaker 4: That's all we can do. And you just get an old spice thing of Fiji and then he.
Speaker 2: Sniffed that, and you know they're obviously we're talking right now about stores and physical things like that, but it's also happening on the internet. You know, there's fake social media ads, there's non delivery schemes where you purchase an item, they take your money, but the product never arrives. Like I always tell you, if it's a website that you ain't never heard of, some that co some some that wish, you really have to be careful and maybe go on a few threads and see if you can find other people who purchased from there before, because there's always a paper trail. Even if you don't find it on their website because they scrubbing it, you're not gonna find them. The Better Business Bureau, which I already told you I was a scam.
Speaker 3: They don't do nothing.
Speaker 2: They literally have businesses pay them to take down negative reviews. That's how they make money.
Speaker 4: You ain't doing nothing telling bb oh, we're not saying the business will be better. No, we're making ship better for the businesses that pay us. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Better Business Bureau is your businesses, your strong army.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah to the consumer, Oh, you better mind your own business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never said better because no, listen, look at the BBB. Yeah right, bitch, get out of here, and you better get out of here right now.
Speaker 3: That's the last beat.
Speaker 4: Why do you call me?
Speaker 3: That's what better business? Gurrel about? Bit okay, gang gang.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to remind y'all that every holiday the robbery like robbery is a real thing.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all know that to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 4: Robbery is a real thing. Are they people out there who don't think robbery is a real thing. No, they think.
Speaker 3: It's like a stick up and they put your hands.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, it's don't leave bags in your car if you're going into another store and you're in a public parking lot. My mom always said, don't make a thief out of nobody, which means don't leave anything in your back seat.
Speaker 3: Don't leave in your front seat. Put your ship in the trunk.
Speaker 2: Because if you got a car full of stuff and you're shopping around, you know, in these days with the economy, you be trying to throw a cookout one of the few that's go happen this summer, because they're trying to do that without crashing it, right, Oscar Meyer.
Speaker 3: Right, got a first name. That's that window.
Speaker 2: It's always CR and your cr Yeah exactly, it's s h a r ds of glass so you're passenger seat.
Speaker 4: Okay, give me the fucking hot dog.
Speaker 2: I've had my car broken into, and the saddest part was they didn't steal nothing, which made me feel very unworthy. Ah had the markings twice. The other time it was unlocked, but they just went in and they stole. Like, you know, I'm a I'm a girl's girl, and it's gonna be out. I'm gonna have my tampons in my glove compartment, with my deodorant, my you know, extra lip gloss liner.
Speaker 3: You never know where the girl's gonna take core today.
Speaker 4: Especially in LA. You will not be kind lacking.
Speaker 2: They took my toothbrush, my the owner rush. They took all the few. But tell me this, Miles, why did they leave me some armor oil wipes? I said, But it's not you trying to tell me my car.
Speaker 3: Dirty, like.
Speaker 4: I honestly, I don't even know if it's that. I think it was a stalker who was like, I want her toothbrush.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know I've had stalkers and this is in a building where I actually had to move from.
Speaker 4: Okay, never mind, never mind, never mind that got too close.
Speaker 2: No, but I think it was was on the house because they didn't take anything else. They took necessities, so I feel bad about it. Break my window, they opened the door. They had the courtesy to just I guess I left the bitch on locks. I said, you know what, that's fine. I did use some of them wipes on my seats. I was like, you know what, they might have a point, so sometimes Roberts can be a blessing.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, then they painted they said, carved wash me from the dirt film on the side of your door.
Speaker 3: Robbing me and shady me is diabolical, but honestly I respect it.
Speaker 2: Shaded right scam coh next scam scheme or real thing? AI photos on restaurant menus.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck that that is. I mean, that's absolute scam. That's a scam. However, okay, we got it. However, in here, there's there's something I like about people getting tricked by AI because this shit is so obvious. A lot of the time you look at it and you're like, come to our new barbecue wrestaurant. Like, I've never seen a rib with a like a cross section of ribs in it that looks like a crucifix. Like if you really look at like this AI photo fucking sucks and people are like this place didn't even exist, right, I do like there's something. I think AI as a technology is terrible, and obviously the environmental costs aside. I love how it's super charged scammers though, because it allowed it gives them this like air of legitimacy when you like, this is our menu, these are my product photos. This is not real.
Speaker 2: So and then people are going to restaurants and ordering things that they saw on the AI menu. And I will send this to Iro new producer Joe l but I'm gonna show you right now, Miles.
Speaker 3: Just like on my phone.
Speaker 4: It's like what you saw on the menu versus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, versus what you got. And it's alarming and.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see this, Okay.
Speaker 3: People are trying to use it everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing people making excuses for their homemade jewelry that they're selling, but they're using AI for the photos of the jewelry, And I'm like, why can't you just take a picture on your phone? We all are walking around with a decent size or just a grade camera, Like, what do you mean you're using AI?
Speaker 3: Also, if you're selling me a product, I want to look at.
Speaker 4: The real thing, not you, not your wish list version of how you if you had your shit together, how this thing would look.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: And so here I'm gonna show you this one, myles. So this is the AI photo of what looks.
Speaker 4: To be a.
Speaker 3: Bed of sweet potato, sweet potato puadeka. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we've got one of those edible flowers. I forget the name of this flower, but I used to work with it all the time.
Speaker 4: Ever, it's in every like cocktail bar ever cocks out.
Speaker 2: She had a moment, she had a moment in twenty seventeen where you could not miss.
Speaker 4: Her twenty everybody that was definitely even before. Yeah, I definitely remember that. I remember the first time I thought, I was like, what the fuck is wow? And at the time I was like this, this cocktail's eleven dollars.
Speaker 3: I've ate so many of them.
Speaker 4: Are they good? Or just like for the fucking just because just because you could, You're like, fuck it, because I can, I'll eat.
Speaker 2: This edible Yes, because also like I'm a food snob when it comes to everything on the plate should be edible, Like.
Speaker 4: Really is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't put on the core on my plate. Everything should be edible, and it s'uld still.
Speaker 4: Be Okay, that makes sense. I'm trying to think of, like what wouldn't be on there? I thought in your mind, you're like, man that let me get down with this plate. You're like.
Speaker 3: I used to put like a spring of roseberry on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I can't eat no spree.
Speaker 4: I don't like parsonally anyway, So go on.
Speaker 3: So yeah, partly partially devastated.
Speaker 2: Black comunity actually moved on, though I'm seeing less and less green lakes on mat yeah, and on devil dings. So black people, we let that strangle that Parsley had on us go. Now here's what it actually looks like at the restaurant. Yeah, yeah, because you're around, look at that looks terribly We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Put it on the page, y'all.
Speaker 4: We are the marshmallow topping.
Speaker 2: Why are there marshmallows on ass? And it looks like they browned some of them maybe, but not all of them. And then there's like, you.
Speaker 4: Know what they were doing. They were using they were using a fucking lighter to try and brown the top. I don't know what that that looks like. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: What part of it is is that because this obviously this is the greens and now it gonna stuck the flower in the greens, the marshmallow yams.
Speaker 4: Which is the story with this place? Where is this place at? You know this.
Speaker 2: Place is in Texas or Texas. This isn't Arlington. This is my hometown. And this girl said she was doing a TikTok experience on her review there, and that's what she saw online and that's what she actually got in person. I personally don't go to a lot of restaurants that have this don't sound so snoppy, but don't go to a lot of restaurants that have like pictures of food on the menu at all.
Speaker 4: But listen sometimes, Lacy.
Speaker 3: No, but listen.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we be outside and you know, factory or whatever. Yeah, cheesecake. I want extra brown bread and it's jill teeth. You better not bring me none of that crunchy white I want all brown bread.
Speaker 3: You know, we like bring it for the white people too. Everybody likes the brown bread.
Speaker 4: Come on, let me see you eat it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: One time they were selling it. I think they do still sell it at a store called Raupse here in LA.
Speaker 4: But I went in they had It's so funny. I love you. You have such a large audience that you don't get too regional about saying the largest supermarket chain in LA. There's a store called Ralph's. You might know it as Kroger Albertson's. That's just how how the Kroger brand manifests itself in Los Angeles is called Ralphs.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, okay, I know it as Algae.
Speaker 2: Y'all might got a Marxist Spencer's, but they still close.
Speaker 3: That's closer to Target.
Speaker 4: Hey UK, yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: So right period period, but yes, so I wouldn't know they had cheesecake factory bred that you your house. That was during COVID. That was a rough time for me. I was warming up cheesecake factory bread in my home. But it is comforting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need that, you need that. I was buying ship from Subway, like they were giving away bulk. You could buy bulk ingredients from Subway. I was like yeah yeah, and cookies were like you get like seventy of them for three bucks. It was crazy, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to see an AI photo of something and not come out looking like the photo.
Speaker 3: I don't see anything, but like, just take a picture of the food.
Speaker 2: And if you can't do that, then just give us a great description of what's in the dish and don't put a photo on your menu.
Speaker 3: Nobody's when the don't see a picture.
Speaker 4: The mushroom topping on those sweet potatoes was diabolical. The quote unquote char It looked like someone took the lighter supposed to be marshmallows. Oh yeah, what did I say? What I call mushroom? But the marshmallow topping, it looks like rather than it being like properly you know, broiled or something, they had a lighter and they're like get in. They're like, shit's hot, it's too hot. I can only get a couple of them, ah like, and they pulled their hand away.
Speaker 3: They charged a cup. This is somebody's lighter.
Speaker 2: They was about to go on a smoke break and it was like, hey, Martinez, we toast these marshmallows.
Speaker 4: You know how much they charge for that ship.
Speaker 3: Way too much.
Speaker 2: Oh and these are the ribs, this black pile in the corner, my lamb chop.
Speaker 3: It looks like they made my girl crispy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like a maple syrup candy or something like something some old people ship where they're like, it's like maple syrup candy.
Speaker 3: It's like somebody who never cleans out the bottom of their air fryer.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, and then they just formed that yeah, and they're like, look, I can make it shape into a lamb chop.
Speaker 2: Right, y'all, clean up about your air fryer. That's why I'm smoking and smells weird. This isn't from personal experience.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: I got a little smoking one day.
Speaker 4: I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Crumbs down there?
Speaker 4: He kept pretty visual with that description, So I'm gonna guess I.
Speaker 3: Didn't look like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what.
Speaker 2: Anyways, last game scheme or real things sports betting and you know, back in the day, we had the bookies, where you know, you had a shady gangstuff who you would bet with. And now there's online betting where you can bet on sports games. You can bet on penalties. You can bet on how long a player is gonna play. You can bet on the weather, bet on children's games, you can bet on anything.
Speaker 4: Bet on George Santos being at the State of the Union.
Speaker 3: You can bet on who's gonna win elections.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can do crazier stuff like love Island. Right now they're taking Act of Island, Like I got.
Speaker 3: A over under own cancy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But what do you think about sports betting in particular.
Speaker 4: It's definitely it's one of these vices that have become so turbo charged in the last few years. That's crazy. I know a lot. I grew up at around a lot of people that gambled, so to a certain a lot of people that do a lot of things. Yes, yes, gambling was kind of seen as a normal thing. Knew a lot of people where it turned into degeneracy. And that's like the super fucked up art right now. It's basically a scheme. It's like one of these things that doesn't need more regulation, yes, and like but but but it's just it's sort of it's like alcohol and like other things that like these vices that kill people. You pay enough people in the government and just let it rip like I mean, it's like everything. It's like the crypto. There's there's so many forms of like legalized gambling now, but they're just massed in different ways in its soft market. Yeah yeah, one hundred percent, and now like with prediction markets. It's just kind of crazy because I think it also speaks to like how nihilistic people are about their own future, where rather than it feeling possible that like you could go to school, or like you could follow a passion and have that, you know, render the kinds of things results that you saw yourself having, like a home or whatever, that that feels so out of reach that it's easier to almost be like, fucking man, I'm gonna do this fucking four game parlay man if this ship hits so many problems, yeah yeah, yeah, don't kid. Yeah yeah. And it's crazy because you see a lot of people who are like, like, how do you think I got this lambo bro? Because I'm just I'm fucking killing it and blah blah blah dot com. So yeah, unfortunately, it's a it's just it's it's like a scheme. It's one of those things that's just there. Uh yeah, is it? But yeah, can you can you deny that like what it's doing to people. Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I would say it's a life ruining scheme and that it is really borderlighting on scams because some people who get lucky enough to actually win large sums of money, those apps will then delay your payment, try to find the loophole or try to like pay you slowly. Yeah, Like if you win like a lot of money, they'll just like give it to you.
Speaker 4: They'll find a way, saying right right.
Speaker 2: Also, if you've lost a bunch and they can clearly tell by the algorithm that you probably have an addiction based on your usage, how often you're checking it, and how much you're spending. So if that spending stops or drops off from the usual that they're taking from you, they'll start sending you coupons or like our little chips, Like they'll see me like, oh, now you have like this many free coins you can use on betting to like lure you back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get the money flowing again. Yeah, So it's wild to see. Like how like I remember when a lot of the gambling sites were coming like having like huge presences in the US, Like all these people in the UK and Australia. They're like, get ready for what this thing is about to do, because pretty soon everything is going to be wall to wall gambling stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can gamble on anything now. And I think the rise of is one the smartphone and it being accessible. We don't have to go to Vegas, we don't have to call a shady booker anymore. You can just download an app on your phone. And also I think it speaks to the desperation of people in society right now. Is that, like, because we can't make money in an honest way that supports I don't want to just survive. I don't want a living wage. I want a thriving rage. Okay, I want to be able to go on vacation, have children. Like what you mean, I gotta we find to get enough money to survive, right, Like you know, like it should be to thrive.
Speaker 3: If you're working job, that job is necessary. All jobs are necessary.
Speaker 2: And even if you think your job is more important than the others, I'm pretty sure you can't do your job without a lot of the people that you look down on, the people who clean, people who do tech, people who do And I'm not saying that's a job that people look down. But any job that helps you function in your job is an important job, so they should all be paid fairly. But it's I think because of that, people are like, fuck it, I'm gonna just gamble and see if i can win.
Speaker 3: Big quickly, or I'm become an influencer.
Speaker 2: I saw a woman on TikTok yesterday who had made a viral TikTok about working in tech and being the manager and then figuring out that she realized that people were going to be off boarded aka fired if she had to start like working on their computers or like shutting down their addresses and emails or things like that, or their access to company stuff, and so they would never tell her why she was doing it. She started to realize they were got fired. So there was this one black woman who she really liked, and she's black as well. She told the lady like, hey, I just started shutting that yo shit says, I think they're about to get you up out of here.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to get you a head.
Speaker 2: She talks about this on TikTok, which I really need job to stop doing this. The job eventually finds her they let her go because the black woman that she peeped like she told the game too. Then was asking other people about their salaries because she had just gotten hired, and I guess was telling people her salary, and so that's why they fired the black women. That the it black woman was helping, but she not on Instagram or TikTok and told everybody and it went viral, and then that black woman got fired and now she's on TikTok talking about you know, this is just telling me this was really what I needed to start my social media career.
Speaker 3: I'm going to keep this going.
Speaker 2: Girl. It's it's like everybody says that everyone has one good book in them.
Speaker 3: You probably got one viral post. Does that do it for?
Speaker 4: There? It is there? It is no. But again, it's just because everything feels so upside down, Like people don't even chase achievements, right, it's like just the notoriety because it is an achievement. It's like, well, I was popping on Instagram TikTok for like three days. I did that. I mean, yeah, something happened to you posted in and that something happened for sure, But like.
Speaker 3: If a tree falls in the forest, if I didn't put it on a gram. Did it make us sound No, And you're lying because.
Speaker 4: You didn't put it, you didn't post it, wasn't you weren't even in the forest like that. Shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hadn't even got miles to go.
Speaker 4: I saw your stories you were you were at Ralphs buying cheesecake factory bread.
Speaker 2: So I think it is like collectically reflecting that too as it grows in popularity.
Speaker 4: But so much nihil, I think that's what it is. It's just so yeah, like I told that, it's just one of these vices that people get so into. And again because like there's also so so much social media that's also telling people like this is how you should this is what you should have at this point in your life, and you live comparatively and then so these only things that feel like they can help you make these huge leaps are these like big gambles, like with yeah, insert any you know, unpredictable form of gambling here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go scam on this one, because like, at the end of the day, the house always wins.
Speaker 3: Gambling wouldn't exist that the house didn't win, guys.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's just yeah, it's gonna be a good gambler to know when to leave.
Speaker 4: That's and you know I've I used to play a lot of blackjack, you know, every now and then.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you're long time listeners podcast, y'all know I love me. Some cras are your ships right now, the.
Speaker 4: House is gonna win. But there is just I can't help it. Sometimes I'm like.
Speaker 2: There's but I got to go to Vegas to gamble, and I look away when I've made made my return, you know, like I play, it's enough money to lose. I treated like a purchase and then run it up. And then once I got myself, once the table gets cold, I'm out. I'm not trying to revive the heat.
Speaker 3: I know what's up.
Speaker 4: It's a statistic.
Speaker 2: But like what I'm saying is like we used to have to go to a destination or you have to have shady plugs.
Speaker 3: To get involved and gambling.
Speaker 2: Now now you just go on the app store and you can ruin your life, your marriage, mortgage your home, you know, suspend.
Speaker 3: Your kids college fund. You have the comfort of your.
Speaker 4: Iphoneces no hand today.
Speaker 3: Not those Okay, the clip was lost that daddy ow's me.
Speaker 4: And those teeth they got character The car you got less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very much it. I agree with you, and it's just very scammy to me. But we're seeing the rise of it now, even more so because of the accessibility, also because of the desperation. And again this is my what once monthly reminder, y'all, if you got a job that is not an entertainment baby on the weekends, have.
Speaker 3: Your fun when you at the job house. I don't need to see no tiktoks of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, grow your business through word of mouth or if it's a business where you could show off the business, that's fine. But I don't want to see innocent customers, pedestrians anywhere in your feet. I don't want to see you dancing and you know at the hospice center, you know, like Grandma's gonna go to glory.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, Wow, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Your job and that's cool. Yeah, Dodor Miami, you're doing too much.
Speaker 2: You could give me up before and after picture like they used to do back in the day on the subway in New York.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't need to see on.
Speaker 4: People and they beleeve me.
Speaker 3: That's where he's like in the operation. What do you mean you're cutting on me all.
Speaker 4: Live content, okay, right.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, the anesthesiologist goes from like you didn't need breakfast this morning?
Speaker 3: Rights, like you didn't need breakfast morning?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And your camera.
Speaker 4: Ready, yeah exactly, and then starts hitting like a Brazilian TikTok dance.
Speaker 3: Literally literally okay, all of a sudden, like you never take me to Bangla? Why is the flag?
Speaker 2: While why am I getting put under our music and operating room?
Speaker 4: Going up five, six.
Speaker 3: Six, seven, now count backwards from ten while you hit the.
Speaker 4: Yea yeah, oh threw the scalpel in the wood. Yeah, then me get that up, fish that up right. This is so much like please be for real.
Speaker 3: Run all right?
Speaker 2: Well that is a perfect segue into historic clutterings today, because we're gonna be talking a little bit about sports. Historic clisings is My favorite segment of the podcast is where I were Gale Miles with the famous Concaper group of criminals, a collapse of criminals.
Speaker 3: We don't know, maybe we love them, maybe we hate them. We'll see along the way.
Speaker 2: And this time it looks like we have a sports compilation. So we're gonna talk briefly about three little sports scams that have been in the Zeit Guy, some recent some I'm older. But we're gonna start this off with the La clipperst Maybe that's why they were in my head. Superstar Kawhi Leonard, who signed a secret twenty eight million dollar endorsement deal with a company he funded by the team's owner, Steve Balmer, as a way to pay Kawhi more than he should be allowed to get based on the NBA salary cap. We know this thanks to a seven month long investigation by Bablo Terray for his show Bobloterray finds out and he did find out. Now, Kawhi, I mean, honestly, a black man getting more money, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not really mad right now.
Speaker 2: No, I see no issues, I have no qualms, so.
Speaker 4: Remember it game. I was like, so, I think, yeah, the issue is just like that you circum it's just the rule breaking. I was definitely like, I'm not going to be mad at Kawhi for being like, get me more fucking money.
Speaker 2: And I know that the rule is essentially there to make sure that no sports team could just dominate the league four years and years on end because they pay the most. Yeah, exactly keeps the game interesting in this respect.
Speaker 4: I understand the ABA this was this was that was a problem. You got so sloppy with.
Speaker 3: It because it happens so often. We know they're getting these deals.
Speaker 2: I love that the college students who are very good at their athletic sport are getting something on the side, because it's a damn shame that the NCAA is stealing from those kids because there's such a you know, risk playing college football and even or basketball, whatever college sport you're playing, that gets a lot of attention, the risk versus reward. They should be getting paid because they are adults and two, like y'all making a ton of money off of college sports. And three, if they get injured, then this is no longer a pathway for them to make revenue going forward, even though you got your cut.
Speaker 3: So those I'm not against.
Speaker 2: And even in the NBA, I don't give a damn if you get next your money, get y'all money, black man. But I understand it for the NBA of like not creating a dynasty team where we no one ever wins again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, those are the rules. And I think are you talking more about this story? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, so background on Kwhi and why this is a whole big deal. Kui is a two time NBA champion and six time All Star. Michael Jordan called him the best two way player in the NBA, meaning playing on offense and defense. Okay, go both ways period. Yes, birds, we love a birds first top. Yes, which can't be the same thing, but yes, it's like a It's like a rectangle in a square. You know what I mean, like a square. It can be a rectangle, but a rectangle is a rectangle. Yeah, but they are parallel, but they are parallelo grams. Okay, we're gonna give you this Jamuy lesson that they're not giving no more in school.
Speaker 3: Okay, but so you know he's a great player.
Speaker 2: The Clippers have famously never won an NBA championship, so in Kawai was a huge deal for them.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Steve, but are you a Clippers fans?
Speaker 4: Hell's famous?
Speaker 2: It was like, yes, So Steve Balmer currently owns the Clippers. He used to be the CEO of Microsoft, you know how you know Microsoft real well, and then you own the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Because like, once you're rich, you're a genius in every field.
Speaker 2: What you rich, everybody even average day citizens think that you are smarter than them because you have money.
Speaker 4: They're like, you know Bill Gates from the Epstein Files.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you must be amidst so genius because I was seeing that when Spencer Pratt was running a dumb ass, his dumbass around LA campaigning and districts that couldn't vote for him like a dumb bitch. He's gone, thank God. But I did notice that when I was like, why are people going to these poles? And I was laughing at them, like, you can't vote for the LAC there in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: I'm in Santa Monica and Spencer Pratt is not on my ballots district.
Speaker 3: You don't live in LA, baby, I A.
Speaker 2: You know, there were people in the commons who were like, I doubt that people from Beverly Hills would be that stupid. They're rich, like they know. I'm like, do you think money equals smart? Please stop, it's not. It's not an equivalent. But so Steve Bamber, this guy right here, who I never understand this ball community actually, like not even ball community. What would I call y'all like transition balls? Transition balls? Why are we holding on to that nap, but a neck hair.
Speaker 4: Oh that's some old white guys.
Speaker 2: What does that do for you? Like when you're calm in the back of your bald, how do you feel?
Speaker 4: That's called hanging on just because you keep me?
Speaker 3: But is it looking better than a full bald?
Speaker 4: Like it's a generational thing for men that age. They don't have They didn't have Michael Jordan, who was like, bro, you're not leaving that ship on.
Speaker 2: You have to have the right kind of head and a little bit of melanin for a good bald, otherwise you look like super Miller. So I said, if you're a paler in the community, a bald might be hard. But I don't know if this like wrap around.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah it does.
Speaker 3: You put a headband on the back of your neck.
Speaker 4: And then just brought it brought it up like half a headband. He really taped on.
Speaker 2: Right, let it go, baby, like Elsa said, because what are y'all doing? So this is Steve Balmer. He looks like he's just a genius.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: He's known for being really sweaty. I could see that in this picture. I don't know what action he's doing, but there's a desk and a Microsoft cup. It seems like he's one of those rich guys talk.
Speaker 4: Very famous clip of him introducing like a new Microsoft product, and he's just screaming across the stage, sweating through his shit.
Speaker 2: So he says the word developers a lot, which you know, I love somebody who just uses like Sinicon, Valley Lake, just jargon all the time. Okay, give me some of that in the red in the black future earning synergy, you know, syenergy.
Speaker 3: Gotta have synergy, babes.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotta have synergy. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Give me all the buzz words. Okay, are you disrupting? Be a disruptor?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I mean when it developer is a gig you know like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are legitimate people who do these things. It's just the people who throw around the words so much. I'm like, you scamming, because why are you throwing all these words? I mean, can you if you can't explain to me like I'm five, I know it's a crime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna explain like I believe you have the intellect of a five year old and trying to say all this shit to.
Speaker 2: You, I'm just throwing words that you are you supposed to be a press don't ask no questions?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how many terror flop? You know how many terrorflaps that's running?
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, we'reizing disruption right now. You don't even know disruption in acinerators at.
Speaker 4: Leastes infinite growth. Bitch again, what do you call me? Bitch?
Speaker 3: It's just adds a little season there.
Speaker 2: He's also the eighth richest person in the world, and you can tell that by looking at him for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm my y'all when y'all see him, it's giving Cole's dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's true. Like you don't give it at that point. You're like, Bro, what the fuck do I need?
Speaker 2: And I don't even mind that you have to be a fashion girly just because you have money. But I'm like, I just know if you're that rich, I promise you these closed in comfortable box store.
Speaker 3: So you tell them you spend it, like one thousand dollars on the ugliest T shirt.
Speaker 4: That's like, yeah, you know it's but down. You know doctors, Well, that's a three thousand dollars version of.
Speaker 3: Them that I'm ware like, you look like a server at Long Horror Ranch. My guy, why do we have this plat on what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: So when your net.
Speaker 2: Worth is like one hundred and fifty five billion, it's gotta be frustrating when people say you can't spend money on something. But the NBA salary cap limits the total amount of money, and NBA team can pay all of their players to a combined one hundred and fifty four million, So Steve actually isn't allowed to pay his players more than that.
Speaker 3: Even if he really wants to.
Speaker 2: Now we know which people are famous for wanting to pay people more. No, there's obviously an advantage in it for him to be able to lock down talented players at this bummy ass team. Sorry, Clippers fans, y'all know what lost feels like. I'm a Cowboys fan.
Speaker 3: I'm with y'all. We've been losing all the time.
Speaker 4: Do you have a basketball team Maverick I I fuck no, I fucking hate the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: I'm actually like, you're fan.
Speaker 2: Wow, good for you before i't like, So there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let them know, let them know. Yeah, all the Clippers fans that you just upset with that they're gonna come for yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we was never checking for y'all.
Speaker 2: But I'm a Knicks fan right now because after they won the championship, we're all you out there.
Speaker 4: So I did.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go to Mama's mom Donny stand this weekend and I'm gonna tear it up.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to be with my mayor.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to meet I'm trying to find them. I know he's gonna be at one of them June teeth Parraides. Oh, yeah, trying to meet my mayor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: SOA's truck right now guarantees some fifty million per season, which is about a third of the total salary budget for the team. So a third of the budget is going to one guy, Kawhi Leonard. At this point, they're paying him more than anybody, right, which made the other guys feel bad, which is what Steve did. So Steve is remember our ex Microsoft sweaty guy and now sweats at the Clippers. So Pablo found that Steve, So Pablo is our nosy, messy investigator who is gonna give us the tea. He found out that Steve made a fifty million dollar personal investment in a green bank. And this company is called Aspiration. You know, I don't know if I want my bank to be talking about aspiration.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, like let's let's be achieving things. Yeah, are you aspiring to be.
Speaker 2: Achiement bank is given that I'm on red in my bank account.
Speaker 3: It's given over draft fees.
Speaker 2: I want achievement, yeah, inspiration yeah yeah, success yeah right right right right?
Speaker 4: You want to wish.
Speaker 2: Factor, Yeah I don't want to. I'll bank it imagination imagination.
Speaker 4: Bank exactly, yeah, yeah, exactly, make a wish bank.
Speaker 2: And then disclaimer says, we hope we're covered by the fd I sed So I don't know if they are, because it's like, yeah, hopefully we are.
Speaker 4: It's his FDIC inshirt. Yeah, hold on, let me get back to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah probably maybe wow.
Speaker 4: And they wrote all that out.
Speaker 2: Maybe definitely, so they got to ask. They got a little aspiration ad here. It's very simple. It says with a with a racially ambiguous manhand. It says save money, come up, save the planet, aspiration, and it's got the app up and the little aspiration card. I will never understand why fake banks always have the most bootleg looking card. Just make it look like other bank cards too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go in you know, like I'm at the doctor's appointment. I got to pull out my gift card, looking ass bank card.
Speaker 4: They're like, what is this from David Busters? Yeah no, no, this is a new bank. I'm with, what the fuck? What is it called? It's called Preschool Player Player Preschool Player Bank. What is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, it's called Martha Marlborough Lights.
Speaker 4: They got a bank.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, they got a bank now and they have planes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, So what can't Marbor have a bank? What can they sponsor my ATM car bank with America Spirit?
Speaker 4: They want Washington Mutual. They're like, they don't exist anymore. Well, they got like one left.
Speaker 3: They got Yeah, they got a little it's like more of a pop up bank.
Speaker 4: You should look out check their twitter.
Speaker 3: It might be I have to go on their Twitter to see when I can draw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes it's in another state. It's kind of.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: He even partnered this is our our stever our Steve. I'm gonna calls campus scamma scammer, but Steve O scammer Stever. He partnered with the company to build uh the Inuit Dome for the Clippers to put it into it.
Speaker 3: Why not say Inuit, that's bank there's a cursor in the middle. I'm gonna fan myself. I'm gonna blame Joe over and not whatnot, but into into a dome that start moving the cursor around. Now, Joe, are you're funny? Okay?
Speaker 2: So, behind the scenes, Aspiration gave Kawhi a twenty eight million dollar endorsement deal, paying him to market the company, which is interesting because he never did any marketing and certainly did not mention the partnership. Aspiration employees said it was a no show job for ballmerst that's our Steve guy to get around the salary cap and play Kawhi an extra twenty eight million. Aspiration co founder Joe Sandberg recently pleaded guilty to defrauding investors, and Pablo has evidence that Steve and Joe from into it the stadium building were on good terms well after the fraud took place. Steve quietly donated another one point eight seventy five million to Joe's charity more than a year after the Clippers ended their partnership with Aspirations. So even though Aspiration went down, he was like, I ain't even know nothing about that, but you still cool.
Speaker 3: Joe. At the one point eight million.
Speaker 4: Can you can you just slide that to coir real quick? Because it's crazy too, Like the amounts that Pablo finds out in the investigation, they're like they're just nearly exact, the exact amounts that were being paid through Aspiration to Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 2: So they even try to clean up the paper trail. Why you couldn't have done one like commercial.
Speaker 4: For Inspiration, No, not one, not one. And the other thing too is like the like the actual the lack of work that was being done that like on Kauhi's part, Like you couldn't even post something like just a lazy post.
Speaker 2: There's nothing, Like they couldn't even got you for that trash ass little image that they put up with Aspiration. It could have been your black ass hants holding the phone and then the bootleg ass gets par You couldn't do that. You couldn't get on Instagram and be like, I only trust Aspiration with my banking when it comes to bottle service, I always know my check clears, Like what the hell the Aspiration right?
Speaker 4: But no, he couldn't he could have even done a post like where they just have a like his roster photo with just some text on him like here, man, can you just post session on your stories? Bro, We're giving you millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: Just just do that, right, yes, gone in twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And at least you could say you're like, yeah, yeah, I did ship for them. That's what they just paid. That's what I charge. It's crazy too because his uncle is like such a big part of his deal making too. Like his uncle Dennis is was like the Dennis yeah finds the one like he's known like in the league for as being like, we need to get some more money to kawhi h and like always trying to figure out ways to get more money for his nephew.
Speaker 3: We all need to Uncle Dennis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come clocking my job.
Speaker 3: Hey, my mu's gas more money for her job.
Speaker 4: Thank you for this.
Speaker 2: And now the last time a team tried to do this was in the nineties. It was the Minnesota Timbleroopes Wolves, and they were doing it on behalf of Joe Smith, that player. And in that instance, the Timberwolves were deilt heavy fines, multiple suspensions, and forfeited first round draft picks. And that may not have been anywhere near the scale of what the Clipper have been a list to be doing. They want to bove and be on to make sure that Kawhi was making more money than he legally was supposed to be paid.
Speaker 3: Right, and still they haven't won a championship.
Speaker 4: After all that look at you?
Speaker 2: So Kawhid made it a response video, so now he's trying to you know, everybody's got to do the response videos. I wonder what it must feel like when you're planning your response video and you're like, okay, we gotta.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: You gotta do some environment where you don't look too rich. Let's get like a white wall, maybe one plant in the background. You know, don't wear no nice clothes if you're a woman, or you or you wear makeup in general. Give yourself a light beat so it looks natural, you know, and like you just fresh off a crying.
Speaker 4: Put the eyeglasses on if you have eye put some put eyeglasses on.
Speaker 2: You have to take you have to put glasses on so that people can't really tell us good when you lie in Yeah you know what I mean, they can't see the eyd darts from the glares.
Speaker 4: Well, that person wearing glasses, why would they lie?
Speaker 2: I never seen them in glasses they got twenty third vision twenty to twenty now, so I love people are making me dumber.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, he need do none of that. So here's the response, Udio. We're gonna watch a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: I understand that full contract and the services that I had to do. Like I said, I don't do a deal with the conspiracies or the clickbait analysts or journalism that's going on. So that's that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the allegation was that that you didn't perform an these services for them.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate or did you do? It's accurate, but it's old. It is. This is all new to you guys. The company went bankrupt a while ago, so we already knew that this.
Speaker 4: Was going to happen.
Speaker 2: So so Kawhi made this response video and he kind of dis this Pablo too, calling this conspiracies and click baits. So he was saying, Pablo made this all up in his head. Honestly, I kind of understand why he came out of this, Pablo, because Pablo, this ain't none of your damn business. Like Pablo, you care, But Againlo is a hater and I always say on the show, why the hater job. If you are a hater, channel your hate. Don't use it on your friends, your loved ones, general people in the public. Channel your hate into a profession. So Pablo has done that. He has a hater profession.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. He want to pull it, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all investigative journalism is is haters for a purpose. And I love that for them because I do want these things to be saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need but you need that a little bit in you to keep digging, to keep going spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to pray to the altar of fifty right and be be a true like unmitigated twenty four to seven hater, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And you have to have creativity to be a hater.
Speaker 2: If you're a hater and you just post negativehit about people online, you ain't a real hater. You need to give it up because you're not in the hater league.
Speaker 4: You're just upset.
Speaker 3: I want people.
Speaker 2: Who go through all the social media, including the tag photos, then go through everybody they follow and see what they connection to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want somebody looking at your Venmo history.
Speaker 2: I want somebody who somehow got access to your Ralph's store card, membership and knows what you're purchasing in average Why yes, who hates super duper hard right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like your superhero amount that Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that guy who tracked all of Taylor Swift's private jet.
Speaker 4: Flights right right right, right right right, Like you gotta be really in the Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, shout out.
Speaker 3: To popular but obviously is trying to deflect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also like I get it too, Like what are you gonna say, like, yeah, we were working around, I was getting extra money on the side, Like what do you mean to do? Yeah, because that would be the version. I'm like, yeah, bro, what I mean honestly, I was just stealing it from somebody, you know what I mean. But yeah, it's breaking the rule and I get that.
Speaker 2: But also Coel Investigation, you ain't gonna catch my black ass. I'm like talking about ship. If I'm nowhere near, You're not gonna catch because what if you slip up? What do you say something that you're not saying?
Speaker 4: Still, lawyer, go over play dumb.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, all I know is my checks get cash. I don't know where that money coming from.
Speaker 3: Show up to do my job.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm going through a lot right now, you know what I mean, just just all Yeah, that's what you say.
Speaker 2: It almost doesn't mean anything anymore. When people are like, I'm going through so much. I'm like, babes, I think that's just our lives now. Everyone's going through a lot.
Speaker 4: We all are welcome to earth, and.
Speaker 2: I think we all need to start acting accordingly. Okay, that's true, go straight to anger. Just know that their life is probably worse than yours.
Speaker 4: Everybody's fucked up right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's get that in mind.
Speaker 2: So you know, we've had other sports stories from the past, deerroid scams, things like that. In twenty fifteen, it was a big year for the New England Patriots because Bill Belichick's current girlfriend, Jordan Hudson, turned fourteen.
Speaker 4: You're gonna say some shit like that, like what the fuck.
Speaker 2: It's also the year of that famous deflate gate where they deflated the ball.
Speaker 3: You know, it's sports.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a little bit born after nine to eleven or before an island by just a couple months away.
Speaker 2: Wonder, Oh wow, if she was fourteen and twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: She on no one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she definitely doesn't remember it. She never knew a world with the Twin Towers. Never know Mary Kay or Ashley Damn.
Speaker 4: She didn't know brother for sale. Nah Now April third, two thousand and one. Okay, so she was alive since it as an you were you were five months and eight days old. You knew someone was wrong.
Speaker 3: You were here. You were here.
Speaker 2: So, like, there's been things like this that happened all the time, right, and with the deflate Gate, you know, we heard of William Douglas Street truly one of the wildest sports scammers to ever do it. This dude pretended to be everyone but himself his whole life for human like from a human rights lawyer to a surgeon, to a white Yale student, and for one very memorable spring training in nineteen seventy one, he pretended to be a football player Jerry Levas. So I've been moving on from sketchy ass Patriots and Tom Brady and the flake.
Speaker 3: Gate and Kawhi and his last being the best hater ever.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about one more sports sports scheme scam that's been in the zeitgeist.
Speaker 3: And because like we've all heard of.
Speaker 2: Defla Kate, right, but none of us have heard of William Douglas Street, and he's truly one of the wildest sports scammers to ever do it.
Speaker 3: This dude pretended to.
Speaker 2: Be everyone but himself his whole life, from a human rights lawyer to a surgeon, to a white student at Yale, and for one very memorable spring training season in nineteen seventy one, he pretended to be a football player. Jerry Levias on the Houston Oilers, I want to point out Williams, why were you pretending to be a surgeon and how does that work out for you?
Speaker 3: Like, because people do it on people.
Speaker 4: I mean he had to just be doing it to like get through the doors or something.
Speaker 2: Right, there's no telling people he's a surgeon in nobody's hospital and white Yell student. The white is important because this man is black as hell.
Speaker 4: He didn't show up being like that's me.
Speaker 2: No, No, he couldn't have pretended to show up in person, because once we see a black ass.
Speaker 4: We do want to be like, hold on, no, we can't come.
Speaker 2: Out as black. Nobody comes out in the black closet. We know where we see that type. Strong as ham. You could be light white, you could be having hair that doesn't reflect African American hairitectures.
Speaker 3: I can still tell them a little bit black. They're just by looking at.
Speaker 4: Joe Face and Jerry Levias though that name is un that feels like such a scammer name. Yeah, I'm Jerry Levas.
Speaker 2: So right now, Myles, we're looking at a photo of the actual Jerry Levas and compared to the photo of William pretending to be him, Jerry.
Speaker 3: Looks like a football player, like he's meaty, he got a thick neck.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Then I was gonna say that when your neck is like, you know how, like you can see somebody and the width of their head is not the same as their neck. He's got the thing where he's like a thumb, you know what I mean, like when.
Speaker 2: Your loaves touch your neck, Like when it's all the same. Yeah, it's like he got like a cylinder from the neck up to the head. It's all the same circumference.
Speaker 4: Right, Why don't you.
Speaker 3: Why did you?
Speaker 2: I'm a tree today, guys you But yeah, it's like it goes all the way down here. Yeah, big, go ahead, and the thick ass nick I know his next jong you probably can lift all types of shit with that.
Speaker 3: Nick. I think he could toll a car just put the thing around his neck.
Speaker 4: And it's a hard I gotta say, when you see somebody like this, you're like, yeah, that's a football player. It's hard to pretend you're a football player. And because you also need to have your neck as thick, you come in with that little floppy ass neck. No, they're gonna know, they're gonna.
Speaker 3: And it's so clear in the photos that William ain't done a neck up. He ain't shin up.
Speaker 2: He ain't never put a barbelle on the back of that neck and started working that neck out.
Speaker 4: But that stop on his head just lifted forty five fleet. Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, he ain't Nick Mexan. No, so.
Speaker 3: Minie, he's Nick Minny. Oh thin ass neck.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how they didn't notice that one man looks like a football player and the other one definitely is a necklace pedestrian.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they're just like, oh, maybe he's sick or something. Yeah that.
Speaker 3: Helps. They were like, he's y'all, so.
Speaker 4: He definitely play it. They could have just been the angle. You'd already know. He's probably faster than the daylights. Right.
Speaker 2: That's like me showing up looking like whis Khalifah talk about I'm about to be a running back. I'm about to be a linebacker. Yeah, put me a defensive line.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, bro, you will die.
Speaker 3: You will die.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, in practice and make it no.
Speaker 2: So yes, I don't know how he got away with this so long, but I'm just gonna blame it on the white days, which for him worked out this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So you know, see, this is why.
Speaker 2: Y'all should be Everybody needs to be tolerant and open and maybe hang around more people of color, because then you would have known that this was not the negro you wanted.
Speaker 4: No, these are not this is not him.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: William was born in Detroit and he went to college for two years before beginning his sports specific scamming career in nineteen sixty nine when he impersonated his way into tryouts for the Boston Red Sox, and then he spent the next year, and then the next year he returned impersonating a Time magazine reporter doing a story on the team. So first he came in and he pretended that like he was gonna be on the Boston Red Slits.
Speaker 3: He don't got to know, and that didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, are you wearing the same hat he is in this photo?
Speaker 4: I am wearing a Detroit Tiger's hat, which is kind of wild. Yeah, yeah, but this one has this for Jay Dillon because he's from Detroit. But yeah, I was like when I'm like, I have a Detroit hat on.
Speaker 3: So I love that he tried out one year and then he came back the next year and was like, I've ever pulled up.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. They're like, bro, ain't the fucking guy who tried to Who.
Speaker 3: Is a different guy? I remember you look alike.
Speaker 4: You swung the bat and you spun around like a cartoon when you when you struck out, everyone remember then your pants fell down.
Speaker 2: That's that you were hooting a hollow and we know exactly magazine nose, What are you.
Speaker 3: Talking like that? It's not the twenties now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was just doing anything and everything right.
Speaker 2: So the Red Sox even caught William trying to order a world series ring under Boston pr director Bill Crowley's name, with the order to ship it to a resident in Detroit. The Red Sox hadn't won the World Series since nineteen eighteen, so he's also trying to get mobilia from what he's doing with like he's just I don't understand his motivation this particular sports scammer, like I understand with Kawhi. He was trying to get a bag and he didn't care where that bag came from. And Steve just didn't care about making it look legit. So that makes sense. This guy, I don't really know what his motivation is and scamming in sports, but it's interesting.
Speaker 4: He must just get a high from it, because it's not like calculating to the point where you're like, oh that slick, like you tried out for a team, you didn't make it, and then you came back to that team the next year pretending as a fake reporter, Like that's crazy. Why are you going back to the same crime scene like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't know the team. It's plenty of baseball teams.
Speaker 4: It's like I didn't make the team. Hold On just puts a different outfit on. He's like, hey man, my name's Jerry Leviathan, not me here to try out.
Speaker 2: He threw on a wig and he had a new profession. And honestly, I'm not mad at that, Like.
Speaker 4: I would tell you you just turned your back.
Speaker 2: I was working on a show once and we It was in a place that just started Their film ministry had just started booming, so they didn't really have a lot of professionals in film working there, so a lot of people you can tell just lying on their resumes. And we had this one lady who was like an animal handler. And one day we walked outside and she was, I kid you not, Miles. She was fist fighting this raccoon that would us. She was boxing with this.
Speaker 3: Raccoon, giving the raccoon a one in the two.
Speaker 2: And then we were like, hey, are you supposed to be like punching in like that, and she's like, yeah, this is a part of the training. We were like, okay, okay, sure, yeah for sure, and then I kid you out. The next day, I came in and I went to the like a little snack cart to get a lettuce wrap sandwich. So I go up to make my order and guess who turns around The raccoon lady.
Speaker 3: Now she make a.
Speaker 2: Sandwich is on set No, So I feel like whatever entrepreneurial spirit William has, that raccoon lady has the same one. She said, throw a wee go and make him feel like she did come back to the same job. Now I'm make saying what you want, what you want your sandwich, but not raccoon. You don't know, right, no, no, no, And all this time that William was pretending to be Jerry Levas right. For the Oilers, Jerry Lebias is a real athlete. He's the first black football player in the Southwest Conference for college football. Who's now a pro player for who's now like a poor player for the Houston Oilers.
Speaker 4: Oh so February. Yeah, so he was impersonating an actual Oilagues player.
Speaker 3: I know that name sounded familiar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, that's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so in nineteen seventy one, in February, Oilers fans were surprised and disappointed to reading local papers that Jerry had decided he was done playing football. He didn't like Houston or the team, and he wanted to try out for the Detroit Tigers baseball team. So he pulled Michael Jordan. It's like, I never mind, I want to play baseball. So he went to their spring training camp in Florida. The Tigers wrote a press release announcing the football star's presence at their training camp. The team looked at the man who wore dark sunglasses around team facilities and got him a pair of new shoes. They gave him a tie's cap and invited him to the press to take photos.
Speaker 3: But that wasn't Jerry, so he wore.
Speaker 2: Sunglasses to pretend that he was Jerry Lebias, Like while he's trying to get on this new team.
Speaker 4: So he just puts so his Disguy's just like, okay, what up with these sunglasses?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can't tell black people apart. And you know, this is the seventies, so we're not chronically online seeing people's faces so much we can recognize if.
Speaker 4: It's them or not. This was such a beautiful time to be a con artist.
Speaker 2: If you were a doppelganger of anyone famous, I really hope you had thought.
Speaker 4: My grandfather was Bill Cosby.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, and I was starting a time where he that name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was this was like in the This was like the early seventies and ship and my dad used to say they would go out and all these like white matre D's like because they were you know, they would go out sometimes. My grandpa was like hustling and shit, he wanted to go out for a nice dinner. And these white matre D's would be like, oh my god, mister Cosby, and he just would he said the second time it happened, my grandfather just stopped disagreeing. He's like, if these white people think I'm Bill Cosby and they're gonna pay for most of this meal, if not all of it, then fuck you. I'm Bill Cosby and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know they're gonna treat me well.
Speaker 4: And I've never said and he always told me. I was like, and you said you're Bill Cosby? Was like hell no. They just were like, hey, mister Cosby, and I was just like, yeah, yeah, hey bucket, yeah, beautiful guy to send you a picture, because like he looks like an off brand. Like to a white person you would be like, that's Bill Cosby. And in the context you're like, well, the only britch black person who would come in here, right, I have to be Bill Cosby, so therefore you are Bill Cosby.
Speaker 3: They put all that together, and that's exactly what they do.
Speaker 2: I'm in first class on the plane and turned around and asked like, like the seat person behind me, because I had a window aisle, if it was okay if I turned one of the air things off because it was getting a little chilly, and they're like, yeah, you're cool. The only thing I spoke to this man? Tell me why it was a red Eye? Why go up to good my food? Because I follow asleep. All they're doing dinner service and Red Eyes they don't play. They're like, oh, you sleep, We can talk to you the whole flight because we so I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Get my food.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh my god, I am so sorry. We did not get you your food.
Speaker 2: You're Jada Kiss's girlfriend, right, Data Kiss was sitting behind me and they're like, you're black. You're in this expensive first class Jada must be Jada Kiss's girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Ja to the Why right?
Speaker 3: You saw me interact with this man one time. It was very brief and that's your deduction.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: I ain't even get it out of my seat. I turned around.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, right exactly. They do that.
Speaker 2: So they gave him a Tiger's cap and they you know, invited him to take photos. But that wasn't Jerry, it was William. William had called the Tiger's outfielder Gates Brown and this is one You could also get people's numbers so easily.
Speaker 3: We sent a book of everybod's cell phone number.
Speaker 4: Couldn't you operator? You're like operator Gates Brown, and they're like, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: We used to put our addresses in a big ass book.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: You used to be able to just look and find where somebody lived at.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so William had called the Tiger's outfielder Gates Brown and told he was coming to spring training. He also asked to borrow three hundred dollars from Gates when he said he needed to get married what and he would pay him back. Gates bought it, and so did everyone else on the team for at least few days.
Speaker 3: So he came in and he was like, hey, Gates, I'm getting married. Can you give me three hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: Wow? Sure, he's he this guy is living off the thrill. He's like, fuck, yeah, bro, I got Gates Brown thinking I'm somebody else. Yeah, ma, let me get three hundred.
Speaker 2: I'm getting married seventy three hundred dollars. Yeah, So seventy three hundred dollars can make some shake.
Speaker 4: That's probably like what two grand now? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the Tigers put William and Jerry through a forty minute spring training workout, and the jig was up pretty quickly. William didn't know how to grip or throw a baseball bo bill, and he couldn't run sprints.
Speaker 3: One of the.
Speaker 2: Tiger's pictures had seen the Oils play in Texas and he knew Jerry Levias.
Speaker 3: When it happened William was throwing with his right hand.
Speaker 2: I would have admitted he wasn't Jerry Lebias because the real identity he gave was also made up, so like, not only is he not Jerry, he's saying he not the other guy he was pretended to be, because the jig was up when he was throwing with his right hand, And that's not how Jerry.
Speaker 4: That's just even crazy that you're so unathletic too, and you're trying to pretend to be an athlete.
Speaker 3: Here behind all the other baseball players hoofing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, up sprint. You don't know how to you can't even fake it, like, ah, I think I pulled some Like you're just like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a pulled hammy.
Speaker 2: Also like looking up, everybody can run, And I would assume if you are trying to pretend that you're an athlete, you would at least be, you know, working out a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's a crazy sport to pretend to, like you got to, like, hitting a baseball is not easy to just again, this guy is addicted to finessing people, and so you end up doing like because he's not. He's not keeping it low, especially when they're like, well, this guy's throwing with the wrong hand. He can't even throw a ball, he can't even run this This man is a usurper.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: And mister Grant, you're not getting at three hundred dollars back, I hope you good? No, No, So the Tigers ended up paying ninety three dollars for William to take a first class flight back to Detroit, and the real Jerry Lebias had to get a lawyer involved to help untangle the trouble he was in with the oilers who thought that he was breaking contracts and trying to splitch, like switch sports.
Speaker 3: So ninety three dollars for a first class flight.
Speaker 4: Take me back, man, I wish I was. I was never there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, like the racism was worse and everything. It's still bad now, you know what I mean. So at least I'll be able to afford a home.
Speaker 4: At least you'd have your like twenty twenty six mindset. You're like, bro, I can hand your hand of your old spooky ass six.
Speaker 3: Right, you're not bothering me. I got tons of insults, no long, I've been on TikTok.
Speaker 4: I can't heard them all back. I can tell you ones you guys haven't even thought up yet. Yes, just so you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry to Jerry Lebias. You didn't deserve none of this.
Speaker 2: In twenty sixteen, will was sentenced to three years in federal prison for identity theft and mail fraud.
Speaker 3: He died shortly after his release in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: So this is Jerry in his Detroit baseball uniform aka fake Jerry.
Speaker 3: Right, this is our William. I mean he looks like he could play baseball. He got the outfit on. He's smiling from you, and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, I got you, bitch, just like yeah, yeah, yeah. He's like, they gave me the whole fucking uniform.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, no questions asked?
Speaker 4: What is he haveing on underneath? It's like you got a jacket on underneath. They'm like, bro, he got he layered it with a jacket or something.
Speaker 3: It's the seventies, so yeah, his afro sticking out the size. I love this for him.
Speaker 4: Like when I see this picture, I'm like, this guy looks like a real cool guy. And then You're like, this man was addicted to the finesse.
Speaker 2: Literally, Now, Myles, I want to know out of the three kind of little scam blips that I told you. I know we didn't spend much time on de flay Gate, but that's because it's been on the zeitgeist for so long. You don't know about it. Well, I guess it was my job to educator you, but I did. They were to play in the footballs and cheating the New England Patriots in twenty fifteen, and Tom Brady took a huge, like social capital hit from that, especially because the Patriots at that time had been dominating football.
Speaker 3: For so long.
Speaker 4: He's still to goat, bro, He's still to goat.
Speaker 3: Right, But I'm still like, how many of them balls do we not catch? Flastic?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, this couldn't have been It's just like people get a duy. That was your first time drunk driving? No, I know this wasn't the first time.
Speaker 4: Soft first time you got caught, right.
Speaker 3: How many of these softballs have we seen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna the least scamming to me is Kawhi Leonard's situation. I mean they were cheating by paying him more. I don't think Kawhi is that if you offer me more money, I'm not gonna look a gift for you.
Speaker 4: Think it's immoral for a professional athlete to demand more money from the billionaire owners. I just don't think. And the nature of being an athlete is already exploited.
Speaker 3: If so, go ahead selling your body.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not mad like you're You're not fuck. You're not out here exploiting people, you know, as a basketball player like you're the attraction. So yeah, get your fuck. I don't give a funk about that. The only problem is there are rules so that the league can maintain some level level of parody and fairness in terms of how teams are built. So sure you n f oul of that, but I can't fault my guy Kawhi for wanting more money.
Speaker 3: You gotta put a whole team on his back. People are buying those seats for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah so, And also the coloppers are.
Speaker 2: Such trash that I can understand how you got in a position like this where you were like, I don't know, we gotta give Kawhi more money because he's.
Speaker 4: Our only he's gonna leave.
Speaker 3: He's gonna leave, Like we'll give Luke so Loo more money. We're gonna lose the.
Speaker 4: Force, exactly, Luke Solo, We're gonna lose the Force. And I know every Star Wars fan loved that one. Right now, Okay, Luke Solo hoping we're about to lose the Force.
Speaker 3: So accurate. It's so accurate.
Speaker 4: Funny. You know, Luke Solo about to lose the Force.
Speaker 3: So he is the Force, so they gotta pay him with force elsewhere.
Speaker 4: That's what that makes it start on those Medchlorians either period. Y'all know.
Speaker 2: I saw that's all Star Wars is, all of them in the galaxy far far away.
Speaker 4: I know exactly.
Speaker 3: It makes sense when you don't think about it.
Speaker 4: No, I what the you're talking about?
Speaker 3: I just love you think it's art.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not at all. I just you know what you did. You expanded my whole understanding, my consciousness. That's what happened all that to say, yeah, so no, I'm the least offended by.
Speaker 2: That same and then I feel like, obviously the flake Gate your trash. I'm just saying you're the number one scam. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're just straight up cheating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's intentional, it's diabolical. You're trying to gain an advantage. Steve Balmer is the bad guy in the Kawhi Leonard story, not Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 2: Right, taking money, and every day we take money from corporations that are doing absolute evil every you know, all them Amazon packages people get in, people that asking them warehouses.
Speaker 6: It's like there's so many other teams though, too that do this, except they're like, bro, you do have to pose with the Lexus at least, and then we're going to give you five times when someone would normally pay for an endorsement.
Speaker 4: That's just how we normally do shit.
Speaker 2: That is such a glaring error here, Like has Steep been doing this for so long that he was like, man, no.
Speaker 3: Bide pays attention if they actually endorse it. So they just stopped because.
Speaker 4: When you're a billionaire, you're just so used to doing shit. However the fuck you want to you know what I mean that you're like, what the fuck are they gonna do, Man, I gotta fuck you money and it's like, well they will find me, okay whatever, But and.
Speaker 3: Also why am I trusting Kawhi Leonard about banking?
Speaker 4: No, you don't need to. Aspiration got all these other celebrities to do endorsements too, but then none of them were like, yeah, I actually don't know what it is. I just showed up in like a video for it. Because all the.
Speaker 2: Celebs are chilling right now and people have to realize that. They're like, don't they make so much money?
Speaker 3: Aren't they rich?
Speaker 2: Once you start adjusting to a rich lifestyle, you be surprised how your liquidity can sink, because it's like you went from buying a commercial flight to chartering jets one of those you know, like that can be easy thirty thousand per flight.
Speaker 3: So and that's on the lore end.
Speaker 4: So it's lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Not surprising that they're out here selling their booty holes for anything. Once I saw Sarah, Jessica Parker and gaming Ad, I was like, oh we are we have lost a plot And I'm like, what does this have to do with sex and the City babes or anything that you've done in your career.
Speaker 3: I don't why you know, Reese Witherspoon out here, champion ai, I.
Speaker 4: Said, maybe doing affiliate links, never done.
Speaker 3: Nothing would be a scam okay on her ed book or you know. I mean, I didn't know that she was skimming that hard.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, I thought skinny girl cocktails were like a cute thing that I saw in Real Housewives, And I learned that lady has problems all over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the flake gate bums down bad, you're cheating? Fuck you. I don't like whatever that's that. But with our boy, what's his name, Scott, Steve, Steve, what.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about?
Speaker 4: William William in person?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, him. I can't get mad at him. Something is wrong with that man. He is in love with the finesse and he can't stop finessing. So and you know what it feels like, aside from Mary the real Jerry Levias, it felt relatively victim free. But at the end, at the end of the day, once they realized, oh this guy was pretending to be you, you actually aren't in any kind of legal trouble. Then whatever, man, get your free Detroit Tiger's uniform, then your ninety three dollars first class flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm the only reason that I'm gonna rank it least the one that I am like the most fine with it's gonna be Kawhi, and then second is gonna be William and his schemes. William, you could have been first and least harmful, but you took three hundred dollars from that baseball player.
Speaker 4: Man, And so yeah, sir, that was the difference. If he's just taking from big teams, that's one thing. Yeah, man, yeah, yeah for some Hey, let me hold three hundred dollars for my way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The holding three hundred puts you at number two, and at number three I'm gonna put the flagg because I'm just straight up cheating.
Speaker 4: That's like, come on, you're letting the air out of the ball.
Speaker 2: Not no, no, no, no, no, bed And your team was so strong at the time, or maybe they were strong because of the cheating.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll never know.
Speaker 4: No idea. And that's why how to watch the.
Speaker 3: Wait what do you say about the anisow?
Speaker 4: And that's why I don't watch the NFL.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I do from time to time, just enough to watch the Cowboys disappoint me.
Speaker 4: Everyone needs some kind of humiliation ritual, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's mine for sure.
Speaker 2: I like to get my hopes up when they're actually playing well in the main season, and then when they get to playoffs, you know.
Speaker 3: I love to have hope and then watch them completely destroy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's yeah, that's great with Arsenal. But we won this year finally, so I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: Yes, congratulations, thank you so much, thank you so much. So Yes that perhaps a.
Speaker 2: Good episode of Scam Got Us Podcast. Yeah, I am going to be reading your listener letters. I know it's been a minute, but email Scam got Us Pod at gmail dot com and I will be reading them on airing y'all. We go back and forth, and so I know y'all have been missing those They're coming back. And Myles we was asking on this spot, guess where would you like to be found where people can hear you see?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Whatever, sure, ain't it. Footy is the soccer podcast I do, which is also super funny. If you like soccer, I do that with Jamel Johnson and Chris Martin and find me on social media. Like you said, Ali, that case for twenty day Fiance where I'm talking about ninety day fiance. Social media at miles of gray, g r A Y everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yes, you guys can find all the photos from today's episodes and converse with me if you like it. Scam Gottess pod on Instagram and TikTok and if you want to see what I'm up to my snetikins the Iva l A C I DVA LAC on all platforms. You can watch all episodes of Scam Goddess on Hulu right now, and you can I don't know stream going down stream stuff I got on there too asale. In addition to you get my book, Scam Gottes say where books are sold. Y'all, don't forget to leave a five star review on whatever app you listen to this. That can be your one nice thing you did for a Black Lady tool Day. We appreciate it, congregation. I wish on to get out there and stay winning. Okay, if you're gonna play, play to win, even if you shouldn't be playing because you're not an athlete.
Speaker 3: You know, even if you got a deflat the ball, you don't let that stop you. Even if you even if.
Speaker 2: You got to make up a fake endorsement deals. I think about Kawhi automatically.
Speaker 3: He's the one I think about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I ride up out the app selling or the celebrity selling random ships. I was like, why are y'all now selling stuff that has nothing to do with your expertise, career or field.
Speaker 3: Why should I trust you?
Speaker 4: I don't know. These other scammers are paying me for their scam business.
Speaker 3: If you don't take your ass back down to the.
Speaker 2: MGM or Fix or Sony and do another movie about a woman who lives in a successful job but she lowly is fucking New York City and then she go home and then she going to get a Christmas tree with her mama and it falls off her and her high school booth thang picks it up, and then they fall in love and then she move over there, girl, go do some of those stop trying to push a eye on us, you know, get yall sweet Hell Alabama ass back to what you've done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she loves that shit, though she's alway at the kind of you was pushing NFTs.
Speaker 3: Too, Ni, get off these scam train Reese, I love you. You gonna throw that blonde wig back on and give us some legally.
Speaker 2: And on that note, uh huh, got grays, y'all have a wonderful day, say Scamming Goddess. Scam Goddess is an iHeartMedia and Big Money Players production. The show is hosted by me Lacy Moseley, the SVP of West Coast Production's Jack O'Brien, Vice President of Programming Miles Gray, and Director of Programming Lindsay Hoffman Oversea Production. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is b Haskins. Ina Burgh is SEP of Content, with additional services provided by Mark Canson, Deling Hunger and the team at Hot Dog Sandwich. Our editor is engineered Justin Smith. Our theme music is composed by Me Lacy Moseley. Cover on photo is Robin von Swang. You can follow the show at Scam Got His Pot on Instagram TikTok. If you've been scammed, pulled the scam, or saw a scam, send us an email at Scam got His Pot at gmail dot com to tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to like and subscribe and tell a preh