Speaker 1: Break was breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines. Your children, So the.
Speaker 2: Heat Check, the heat Check, it was just a crack.
Speaker 1: It's the best podcast covering all the drama around the association.
Speaker 2: Woj bomb dropped last night. Oh this is the bomb. This is the sound of the woj bomb.
Speaker 1: One of the last dominoes in cre agency fell on September eighteenth.
Speaker 2: He's been wishing, he's been hoping.
Speaker 1: He's been sending messages to random trainers around the league to contact GMS on his behalf to say why don't I have a job yet? And now the mad Chucker himself, one of the sexiest men in the league to men and women alike, has finally signed a contract and we have been waiting to hear where that would be. We all want our dose of Kelly Ichuck from thirty five feet contested or non contested ubre. So, what was the team that decided that it had to have Kelly Ubray Miami because that's a match made in heaven and they were linked to him for ages. No, the Lakers, because they're signing everyone they do not care. No, the New York Knicks because they need someone that can shoot from the outside. Versatile wing and absolute bucket Kelly in New York feels like a natural fit on the billboard of Times Square in his underwear. No, it was the Philadelphia seventy six Ers, the traditional home of swaggy players who love to shoot a lot, maybe when they shouldn't, and some players that don't love to shoot even when they should aka Ben Simmons.
Speaker 2: And we'll talk about a little bit later. That is amazing.
Speaker 1: Kelly Ubray and Nick Nurse together is amazing. Of all the teams and all the coaches in the world, I never would have dreamed that Nick Nurse I run the same five guys into the ground type of a coach said, yeah, the player that adds.
Speaker 2: An extra bit of X factor to us is Kelly Ubree. I'm not ating on Kelly Ubrie. I like Kellyubrage is fine.
Speaker 1: I don't like his decision making. He does make Jordan Poole look like Ben Simmons.
Speaker 2: He does. He is a chucker boy.
Speaker 1: And I get that they need some wing depth, and I get you need that some scoring. When James Harden, they inevitably gains seventy five pounds in the next four weeks.
Speaker 2: But this is just wow. This just don't make no sense.
Speaker 1: Ubre career thirty three percent three point shooter. He averaged twenty points a game in half a season last year on the Hornets. But we're still talking about the.
Speaker 2: Hornets, right, No, LaMelo ball.
Speaker 1: At one point, this is the guy who's never shot forty five percent from the field in any season in the NBA, and that was when he was on the Warriors and they were getting him good shots. And you add that to the fact that the older he gets, the more he shoots. He went from averaging one point three threes per game in his rookie year that's fine, to now seven over seven threes a game, despite being one of the worst high volume shooters three point shooters in the league.
Speaker 2: And he just continues to increase his volume. Yeah, yeah, why not just do it more.
Speaker 1: I know I wasn't great with four threes a game, but I think I'll be better shooting seven.
Speaker 2: That's supreme confidence right there in yourself.
Speaker 1: At one point, the guy averaged seventeen shots a game and less.
Speaker 2: Than one assist.
Speaker 1: Kelly, So Kelly was asking this summer like why he hadn't y gotten picked up on a team yet?
Speaker 2: Like that? In a sentence.
Speaker 1: Right there is why you didn't need to call a damn person. All you need to know is at one point you averaged seventeen shots.
Speaker 2: Per game and one assist less than one assist.
Speaker 1: He's never played really on a good team outside of the Warriors wor The Wizards won forty.
Speaker 2: Nine games when he was twenty one. The Warriors were.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine and thirty three in that twenty twenty season when he cost him like eighty five million dollars in luxury tax.
Speaker 2: This is a contending team.
Speaker 1: The Warriors were very split about what they wanted to do in terms of picking him up. I think Steve Kerr reluctantly vouched for him and that went that went sideways fast. Him and Eric Paschaw were out there just chucking. So now we get to see how he met with Nick Nurse, who has who would never allow for this. Let's be honest, this is not a Nick Nurse decision. He said no, and they said overruled. No idea how he's going to react when he gets a rebound, steals a rebound from Joel Embiid and pushes the ball up the floor and takes the contested thirty five foot or five seconds into the shot clock after Nick Nurse has called for Maxi to run a.
Speaker 2: Pick and roll play. There would not be enough wind sprints in the world for.
Speaker 1: Nick to make room for him next practice. It is just incredible. I think part of me believes this is some sort of punishment to James Harden. I don't know how, but it feels like it is. And Kelly Whubray on the Sixers with Joel Embiid is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be fun. It's a pretty fair deal for one year.
Speaker 1: Considering that it's a vet minimum. Kelly's gonna have a ton of incentive to buildings tation up so that you can get paid somewhere else next year. But boy, oh boy, can I not wait to see how this goes and to see the look on Joel Embiid's face and Nick Nurse's face NRS face the first
Speaker 2: Time he pulls and Nick Young aka a Kelly Ubrin